Speaker 1: Ripped so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run anxious ass as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez. Welcome, my friends, my friends out there, neighbors, friends, family, people, you name it. We love doing this show. Every single day we're here to help you and as you know, it is the only show of its kind. We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, educate you. We love doing that. Any consumer issues whatsoever, we love the education part of this. We had uh Brian Burns in yesterday Compass Insurance, and we learned a lot about insurance and there's a lot of changes coming to Colorado. Today. We've got Mark Schamansky Genesis totally excuse barriers. Great guy. First of all, I want to preference that they've done a lot of work at our house. They have done such a bang up job on different things at our house. It's incredible. They're going to be helping us with some other stuff shortly. In fact, one of them, Mark is going to be painting the entire interior of our house. And that is like it gives me anxiety. Yeah, well, I mean, for I don't know why it's always been. You know, it's kind of a They refer to it as a country estate. And there's a lot of wood, and we're getting the floors resanded by Big Bear Flooring over next week. And I'm just a little the anxiety of seriously changing all the interior color. What I love, though, is that woman you brought out when we did the exterior. Suzanne wanted to do the same color. And I guess a lot of people generally want to keep the house same color. It's it's natural. In fact, even my own house.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I put this big addition on, going, Okay, now I gotta get this peink color match And I go, wait a minute, Why am I matching a color I don't like it?
Speaker 3: WHYU to the house because it was there? It's natural? Yeah, And I said no, and I love the color of our house now. And you brought that You brought her out. I think she was with Sherwin Williams actually Guy Res, guy Res Gyris, And man, did she just do it perfect? She said to Suzanne, Nope, let's change this up one hundred percent. We used to have like a kind of like a puke yellow. Yeah. I didn't like the color house. Well, with your stone. It just didn't go no, and the stone's beautiful. So basically she looked at the stone and found some grayish blue in there and said, hey, let's go with this blue and then we'll do this for Tram And it turned out beautiful. And on top of that, whatever product you used that had to be four or five years ago still looks brand now.
Speaker 1: Yea, that's Benjaminmore.
Speaker 3: But it gives it truly does give me anxiety. It gives Suzanne anxieties.
Speaker 1: It's funny how many times I go to a person's house and I go, have you ever thought about changing that color? Because again, what you just said, A lot of people say the same and they get offended. Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like, well, it's sometimes good.
Speaker 1: To look because well, and then the other yellow house is not attractive anymore.
Speaker 3: We don't have to deal with this, but a lot of people would have to deal with the hoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah they do.
Speaker 3: So if you've got to deal with the HOA, that can get completely uh different. I mean, we've had calls up where people have someone paint their house. They didn't go through the proper channels, and they're getting fines left and right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to redo it.
Speaker 3: They got to redo it. I mean it's really crazy. All right, folks, listen. I'll always tell you when we have a line open. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We do have a line open right now. Any questions you have on the exterior of your house or even the inside of your house. We've got a great contractor and studio with us. Matt was supposed to come and if he's listening, Oh wow, Monument closed down. I guess there was like multiple I saw it on Fox thirty one this morning. Guys, did you see that multiples jackknife tractor trailers just both sides of the highway at mine, I mean completely shut down around eight thirty last night. I don't know when they reopened, but you know he's he's crying about that.
Speaker 4: No, Monument Hills seems to be synonymous with traffic messes and accidents and crashes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's crazy much snow they get there, It's like it's like it's own over the place. How could it be like that? What explains this anomaly? I'll tell you what. I'll tell you part of it and I live in it. Yeah, Palmer Divide. Well, so what's so significant about Palmer Divide. There's some really strange winds going through there. So our house last night, look out here, did you guys get any snow? I have no stone Evergreen. We got three inches of snow yesterday. It was like a white out. Get around seven or eight o'clock at night. If we looked out our big picture window, you couldn't even see the deck right there. Wow, it was crazy, the winter's last hurrah. But then you go up to Castle Rock, which is literally thirteen minutes nothing. I mean, we've had a foot of snow before and Castle Rock hits nothing. And it's just in that weird We're just in this little weird area that comes I guess down from the mountains called the Palmer Divide. The Black Forest is also in it, but Monument's part of it. And then the other place guys that gets nailed a lot is in between Castle Rock and Parker. I forget the name they give it, but it's really crazy up around there. There'll be a ton of traffic jamster in an ice storm. Well it is what it is, all right, Hey, Pat, what's going on? He's got a question. I'm selling a cargo van three h three Martino one line open, Pat, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm driving out of Garden City, Kansas, and it's horrible down here?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 3: The plains are bad?
Speaker 5: Well, they had a blizzard yep. So I don't know if you've ever been to Garden City, but as you're coming in, it's like a ten mile stretch. It's two lanes both ways. And it wasn't your bad coming down from Colorado Springs. And when I got like ten miles from Garden City, they had plowed. There's like eight ten inches to show on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now they have. That's crazy. Literally, you guys are in a blizzard warning right there. It's kind of no one ever heard of it. It's kind of by well not really by haze, but if you're coming out of Denver kind of. But anyhow, what's going on with this van?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: So it's a van that I used. I'm a private contractor and I used it for about twelve well not twelve years. I bought it in twenty eighteen to twenty fourteen. You did delivers?
Speaker 3: What is it? Give us an idea? What kind of van? Is it? Your?
Speaker 9: Make?
Speaker 5: Model twenty fourteen forward YouTube fifty heavy duty cargo van.
Speaker 3: Is it square? Is around? Is it like a bread truck or is it more of a like a van van a twelve passenger. Yeah, it's a van, okay, got you.
Speaker 5: But I just had the front to sheets and then there's a shield behind them, and all the rest of the back of it is open cop Yeah, cool man.
Speaker 3: So it's a good it's a good work truck, and you're trying to sell it. Yeah, So what are your questions on it? Do you have the title already?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's paid off. Okay, it's got two hundred and fifty six thousand miles on it.
Speaker 3: It's a diesel though, right in f two fifty. No, you got a gas two fifty. Okay, that's a lot of miles on that gasolene engine.
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing. In the last year, I replaced both the motor and the transmission.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, So the power train's all good to go, cool man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, less than thirty thousand miles on both of them.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess it just depends what.
Speaker 5: A lot of money into it.
Speaker 4: Hey, what did you replace the engine and transmission with? Was a brand new like brand new factory materious, that'd be crazy. Probably rebuilt, use the rebuilt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well they were rebuilt. They both have three year one hundred wark.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's cool. So what's your question on selling it though? I mean, do you want us to? I mean, if anybody out there is listening is interested, how much you getting for it? Is the body in good shape? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think good.
Speaker 3: Tires, everything. I mean, it's ready to rock and roll and go to a construction company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're a service company like a plumber.
Speaker 3: Sure, carpet guy. Anything for a serial killer or a serial killer, that's good to me. Is it a white series? And is there no windows?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's it's got the windows. But the guy that they black them out, the guy that put wire mag on the glass.
Speaker 3: Chester Chester Chester, the molester. So you don't roll by any schools, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Well, actually I used to deliver the school.
Speaker 3: So does it say freak candy on the side?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a little little window ice cream? Hey hold on, Pat, I gotta figure out where you're going with this, But I gotta take this break. When you come back, I mean, give us some price. I don't mind trying to help you sell it, or maybe you got particular questions like how should you sell it and not get ripped off? Hey, Richard's got an issue with the landlord, and then Mike's actually got a question for our guest about stucco. I know Genesis does a ton of stucco. One line open, three zero three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open, three oh three Martino. I want to get to the bottom of what's going here. But by the way, this hour brought to you by water Pros waterpros dot net. Paul Innegang can come out listen to this for under four thousand dollars, a brand new system that does everything I'm going to tell you. One it's oftens the water. Number two it gets rid of all the forever chemicals in the entire house, any faucet in the house. And then number three it gets rid of the chlorine. And you're going to get a free point of use a reverse osmosis system on your kitchen sink. All this for under four grand. The competition is easily twelve thousand dollars for that setup. We had a system installed by him about a year ago and we love it. You got to check him out waterpros dot net. That special is good to the end of the month. That's only eleven twelve more days. Waterpros dot net under four grand. Now let's get back to Pat. So, Pat, I still need to know what your question is on selling the van.
Speaker 5: Well, I just don't want to get ripped off, and I've I've wanted, you know, information in the car man and they basically want me to give the van away to them. Yeah, I think it's worked. So I didn't know if you knew of any days night scamp.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here's I'm going to give you some good advice and everybody else out there. I have sold so many vehicles in my life it's crazy. I think I've literally traded maybe one in and they gave me a great price for it, and that was McDonald Hondai and the reason was it was a Hondai and it was still under manufacturer's warranty so they could certify it. But outside of that, I have sold probably ten vehicles. I always do one thing. I show up at a bank. I don't care what bank it is. Hopefully it's the bank that person uses. I always go on the test drive with them. I always get a picture of whoever shows up and I text it to my wife, just so in case if I disappear, there's at least a clue out there. And then I only do it for a cashier's check from that bank. I won't even do a cashier's check from the individual. Here's what I mean. If he goes into his account or she and gets a check for twenty grand for you, that can be stopped by that person. You could turn around, and if it's on a Saturday, by Monday hits, they already canceled it. So what you do is you take that twenty thousand dollars check drawn off of their account. You walk up to the teller and convert it into a bank check, a cashiers check that's from the bank. Then it's golden. No one can cancel it but the bank. So that's how you get paid one hundred percent listing it. I hate to say this, The only time I have listed a car and it sells and I meet somebody is a place I hate telling people, but I'm gonna be honest. It's the only one that works, and it's cheap to list it. It's like twenty bucks. It's Craigslist. I have tried cars dot Com, I have tried KBB. I have tried everything you can imagine out there, and I never get any bytes. And I figured out why. The dealerships own all the space. So if someone else is selling a twenty fifteen van and it's a dealership, you will see every other one up there, buttyers. You'll have to go twenty pages in to find an individual listing. And once again, I don't care if it's cars dot Com, KBB. They all cater to the dealerships. That's who feeds them, that's who pays the bill. Craig's list has worked out great for me. You just got to be careful. You don't deal with the text. You only deal with the phone call. You meet during the day at a bank. Like I said, you go on the test drive, you take a picture of it, and that's it. I mean, that's about as safe as you can get. Does anybody here have any other input on it? I always dose Craigslist and I've had great luck I've had with Craigslist and cars. It's the only way I've ever sold cars. I've done it on Facebook Marketplace too. I've never tried it, Yeah, but Craigslist always works for me.
Speaker 8: Hearing about Facebook Marketplace, say that again, Pat book market Well, nobody one of the other drivers mentioned to me about Facebook Marketplace.
Speaker 5: But I don't know anything about it. You know, I have gold w Bark craig Blist.
Speaker 3: So here's the deal man. Facebook Marketplace is pretty straight up. I mean, mark you just log into your account and basically create a marketplace ad, right, And I think it's only five bucks, Yeah, it's five bucks. I would do that too. But the important part is do not deal with texting. The number one thing you're going to get from both of those You're going to tech get text going, Hey, I'm in Kansas. I really need this van. I need it tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and I'll give you sixteen thousand dollars even though you only want fifteen, and the thousand is to pay for shipping there, and they might even send you a check. But eventually, I don't care if it's a cashiers check or whatever. It's phony BLOONI and your vehicle's gone. So the only thing you do is deal with a bank's check or cash. Greenbacks are fine because you're already at a bank. You can make sure they're not counterfeit. They'll check for you right there. But that's the only way I do it. Pat, how much do you want for it? Give us a year make model again? It was a twenty fourteen. What is it?
Speaker 5: It's an E two fifty heavy duty cargo van and it's.
Speaker 3: Got a new rebuilt powertrain meaning the transmission and engine that still has a transferable warranty on it. Yeah, and then how much do you want for it?
Speaker 5: I'm probably gonna start at like eighteen five just based on what I've seen. Yeah, lift it out there right now, Okay, because there's some that are a little bit newer than mine that have less mileage, but you know it's seventy eighty thousand mile and they're one twenty twenty four thousand.
Speaker 3: I got you, man, So if anybody out there is interested, it's Pat. You can email us here and we'll get it to Pat Kelly. Make sure we get his information in case we do get a lead on it, or if you just want to offer him some fort I have no idea the value of this thing. It depends on the build out in the back. Just a big cargo band, even though it's got the rebuilt stuff. Two hundred and fifty thousand miles is a lot of miles on a vehicle. But you can email us at help a Troubleshooter dot com. Help a Troubleshooter dot com. The other thing I have found with Craigslist, Guys, if you want to get rid of joke, and I don't mean like trash, I mean junk, something that like an old VCR, a TV that you're not allowed to throw in your trash can. This kind of stuff. You list it for free. And man, I had someone come over disassemble an entire massive swing set. You know, when our kids were little. It was all would we bought it like at home depot you put it together, it's just massive. It's got to slide in the fort and all this crap. They came out disassembled it took every bit of it, did a great job. They got it for free, disassembled the trampoline that we didn't want anymore. I mean anything for free. I find Craigslist works really well, So.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool if you had that weird there's this weird scam going on on Craigslist car ads. I had two friends that just sold their cars. They both got overwhelmed with these responses a personal contact and pretending to be interested in the car and say, okay, I'll buy it by how though, by phone, by email, whatever the responses to Craigslist. But first, for both of our protection, I'd like to check the background of this automobile on this website and you only you can go register right there and it's like a generic version of car facts and there are dozens of them, and then you got to pay forty nine dollars to go register.
Speaker 3: So heard about this, Yes, I have. In fact, I've gotten text like that from there. I post pictures on Craigslist of the car. I never post the license plate and I blank out part of the vent. And the reason I do that is there is some ways of getting information of where you live or where the cars register. It is probably a better way to say it based on those things, so I usually do that. I would never give the vent out until I met someone. Then they can check it and do a car fax that takes thirty seconds. I mean, it's not a big deal to pull a car fax on something. So what's the goal of the scam? I have no idea what the ultimate goal is. It's not like they can reregister it. I would assume the goal of that scam is to get more of the information where the cars located.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Either that or is just a bunch of losers trying to get their commission from a forty nine dollars sale.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just so busy. What do you think That's what it sounds like to me, the forty nine dollars.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: In other words, you're just saying the fake carfax is making all the money. Yeah. In other words, here you go and it's thirty nine bucks and if it comes back, well, I'll buy your vehicle. That's exactly. Basically, you pay the thirty and I didn't even think of that. That's exactly what it is. Y if you got dozens both of my friends. Yeah, you get one hundred people running it. Think about that. You get one hundred people that get scammed into it. That person just made some decent money. That's thirty nine hundred bucks and whatever their share of it is. But they might even operate. It could be completely bogus. Yeah, I mean completely bogus. In other words, the report comes back from some fourth party that I mean, really, it just is incomplete. It means almost nothing. I agree, that's I mean, it's it. That's an interesting one. I got those I never even thought about it. I never thought of the aspect you just gave. Hey, Mike and Richard, you guys are up next. Listen, we got two lines open. I'd love to hear from you. Bottom line is, you've been ripped off, You've been taken advantage of. You got a bad contractor you want everybody to know about. You got a bad landlord, you got a bad anything. We like warning people about what's going on. We use the power of the media to go after those making your life miserable.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You know, Channon, I'm not perfect. I never claim on being perfect. If you listen on YouTube, you'll know what I'm talking about during the breaks, Chan it's just given me crap. But yet I was right at the same time.
Speaker 9: I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 3: Yes, And if everybody out there heard the Drew hour three or four weeks ago, I once again apologize for everything. We had a guy call up and for an hour we heard how he cannot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I can't go number two anymore.
Speaker 6: Just like that?
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, Mike, what's going on? What question do you have for our guest, Mark Schamansky, genesistotalexteriors dot com.
Speaker 12: Well, first, I've been a member for years of a group called free Cycle, and everything is totally free, no selling allowed. You can it's signing up for free, and you can join as many groups in as many.
Speaker 9: States as you like.
Speaker 12: And Denver Metro Denver has at least ten free Cycle groups.
Speaker 3: What does that mean. I'm looking at the website now, so for example, it says Yamaha Electic Electne electne organ Oh, I see, it's like Craiglis free stuff.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's totally free, no selling, and you put offers launched and some companies are members so you can get machinery and industrial things, all kinds.
Speaker 3: I'm going to look one up real quick. Let me put something in gold bars. It may it's not one damn gold bar for free anywhere. Nope, there's not. But I appreciate that tidbit of information. What's your question for Mark?
Speaker 12: What percentage generally does exterior stuggling increase the value of a wood framed house and can it be done without damaging plants within inches of the walls.
Speaker 1: So percentage of increasing the value the house, I don't think I can give you exact number, but I will tell you a stucco house has a great curve appeal and that will increase the value of house as well as you know, just so many drives. I'm like, wow, look how beautiful that looks.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I want to jump in there, especially Mike, with that question, and I'll tell you why. I mean, if your sighting looks like absolute crap right now in the in the paint looks like absolute crap, and then you redo it with brand new stucco, I mean i'd say you're gonna raise the value of it tremendously.
Speaker 1: I mean, I agree, yes, But if it's a beautiful.
Speaker 3: Hardy board in great paint, I mean you might not increase it at all because it looked good before and after.
Speaker 1: Sure, and then having plants right next to the house, I mean unfortunately, you know, the workers have to step you know, they need area to work, and so like, right now is a great time to do stucco because the plants aren't starting to grow yet.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got to ask you something, Mark on that note, when you painted the exterior of our house, what's your painter's name?
Speaker 1: Omar?
Speaker 3: Omar? How the hell did he move all those shrubs? He didn't move them, But I mean, we have shrubs that go right up against the house, kind of like Mike's talking with plants. But somehow when I had those torn out last year, we had someone come in a landscaper. He painted behind there. How the hell did he pay so?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: The damn brush is right up to it.
Speaker 1: What they'll do is they'll take tarps and lay a tart between the house and the uh and the.
Speaker 3: Bush and then pull it and I have some guys pull it back.
Speaker 1: Why they paint behind that?
Speaker 3: I was shocked to see that, Mike, you have any other questions? Are you thinking of getting your home redone with stucco?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the exterior, but it would make it look nicer and provide more insulation.
Speaker 3: How does that work right on top? I'm sorry, Mike? How does that work? Right on to it's wood wood side?
Speaker 1: And basically we attached chicken wire and then we put a scratch coat on top of that, and that's all attached to the house then, and then what we do is then we put another scratch coat on and put mesh in it, and then you got your top coat.
Speaker 3: So when you just spray the stucco on, is it generally colored at that point?
Speaker 1: Or you pay the last the last color, the last coat is colored.
Speaker 3: The whole thing. Yep, So go ahead, mikel.
Speaker 12: I've seen two houses given away on free cycle.
Speaker 3: Two homes. Yes, well, I'll tell you something about stuff like that. A lot of times a municipality, I think it was Schenectady, New York. They were giving away a ton of old homes downtown because they wanted that tax revenue coming in. So I have seen stuff like that. Detroit did that too, Who did it? Detroit did? Yeah, Detroit. A lot of these areas they try to bring back. You could literally go in and get a house for free, but you agree to certain things.
Speaker 1: Italy too, we go to Italy and get a house for a dollar or whatever. They had that for a while in these little small towns. That's crazy to.
Speaker 4: Yep, you had your pan has such an aging population and oversupply of housing, they're giving away homes.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Not in Colorado, No, No, I don't see any free homes in Franktown. I've looked three oh three seven one three A two five five. We're going to have two lines open in a second. Hey, Richard Keith, that issue with T Mobile will dive into We got an angel over there. Hopefully we can help you out. But Richard's been holding the longest. Hey, Richard, I got to take a break in a minute or two, but give me an idea of what's going on. Richard. Hello, hey man, what's going on? Richard?
Speaker 11: Basically, I live in RV Park and I've lived here twenty years and had a couple of incidents with the land the landowner, the manager. I should say it's in a trust because the parents passed away a couple of years ago, got it. And basically what's gone on is, first of all, there was a tree cutting next to my trailer and their tree cutters were bouncing something off the trailer and I went out to him and they stopped the job. The manager came to me and said, hey, you're out of the park and wouldn't listen to my side of it. So then he turned around and I I think that Hode housing and they told me Verbo isn't it He's got to put in writing. So then he'd tried to send me a bill they sent to him to come back.
Speaker 3: How much was the bill? I mean, how much was the bill?
Speaker 11: Six cent fifty dollars. This is the first episode.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, let me get to this break. It sounds like a nightmare. It sounds like they want you out of there. You know. Fortunately, unless if you're the property owner or the management company. In Colorado, mobile homeowners have significant rights.
Speaker 10: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, we got a couple lines open. I'd love to hear from you. You've been ripped off or taking advantage of. We love diving into problems. I love getting businesses on the phone, don't you guys enjoy that, Dmitri. When a business comes on after a consumer problem, it gives me a lot of respect generally for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think a lot of businesses are missing this opportunity. I mean, here's free airtime and freeway to promote. Yeah, they too oriented attitude. It would be great to get some more to call in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be cool. Actually, okay, let's get back to Richard. So, Richard, you're in a trailer park and basically they were cutting down a tree next to you, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've actually sent you an EMEO with an outline is about five events, says taken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but where are we at right now? Are they threatening to evict you? Did you get a ten? They notice? Where are you at?
Speaker 11: That's not the subject. The subject is. It is led up to a certain situation because the landlord has lost two situations to me, and now it's acting. He's acting like he's being revengeful and he's getting the neighbor involved to be part taking in that. And where I'm going with is the last event was I have a truck and I have a park next to my I live in an RV and I have it a park next to my trailer and a known spot for twenty years, and I drive it from time to time. He's seen it, his paths has seen it. That owned the property before.
Speaker 3: What are they saying though about it?
Speaker 11: What they had? What happened is a neighbor turned around and I went and I came back and there's rock set up and block he set up, and he's telling me, oh, your truck is too big.
Speaker 9: I shouldn't be there.
Speaker 11: It's overhanging in the road.
Speaker 3: And what's this guy's name?
Speaker 11: This is part of me.
Speaker 3: What's the guy's name? The first name Blake, So Blake, and he's directly next to you.
Speaker 11: Now the guy next to me is William, But Blake is the is the manager of the park, who is one of the sons of a trust that he runs the park for the trust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I guess what I'm saying, So you think Blake. And who's the other guy, William or who's basically trying to chase you off?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because what happened is, like I said, this truck has been there twenty years, parked it and been back and forth. All of a sudden, Wayne, the person in the space next to me, is saying I'm over parking into his property.
Speaker 3: Well that's pretty easy. I mean, are you going into his lot or not? I mean it's either a yes or no. I understand your point. If you've been doing it forever, you don't think it's fair. But is it literally going over into his lot?
Speaker 11: It has by a foot?
Speaker 3: Okay? Can you make it to where it doesn't? I mean, if you're in an RV, can you move the RV a little so then you could park.
Speaker 11: The landlord has denied it being their period.
Speaker 3: Oh that doesn't mean okay, Well hold on, why aren't you allowed to have a vehicle? Help me out there.
Speaker 11: He's saying that. He's saying that it can only be cars, and the truck is not a car.
Speaker 3: What kind of truck is it? What are we talking about like an F one fifty or are we talking like a truck truck?
Speaker 11: It's a custom hauler FL sixty four door that was made the pool horse trailers and RV. That's a big boy it is.
Speaker 3: But they're basically saying no commercial vehicles is kind of what they're saying. A lot of hoa's do stuff very similar. So what do you think to fix this? Right now? Why does Wayne, have it out for you. Let me ask you that what happened. It's not every day that all of a sudden a battle like this ensues. So what literally happened? Why why are you guys in to it right now? Did you irritate him first or what happened? Be honest.
Speaker 11: The young man has been working in an area that I is my front yard, and I understand you need to work on his tree like sighted, Yeah, but he turns around and leaves this stuff there overnight. Yeah, and it's like, this isn't right, you know.
Speaker 3: And now, well maybe that's not right. But now that's why he's nitpicking. When it comes to your your big truck being there, is it still there right now? Or did you end up moving the zail?
Speaker 11: No? No, they blocked it by putting rocks, supposedly the Bobby line, which I called the police.
Speaker 3: But wait, wait, wait, wait please, Richard, I'm trying to figure out is your truck there now? I don't care if it's blocked in by rocks? No, where is the land?
Speaker 11: The manager told me it has to be placed in a storage area and I'd be charged fifty dollars a month.
Speaker 3: Okay? Is that where it is now. Yes, that might not be a bad answer to this. I don't know how you're going to win.
Speaker 11: If you're view I guess, I guess my own understanding. It's been there twenty years. Both parties have seen it there. Yeah, all of a sudden it's a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it doesn't really matter. I mean there's hoas out there that say you can't have a purple house and don't do anything about it, and ten years later they say, hey, you've got a purple house, we want it changed. I mean, there's nothing you're going to do if that's technically on his lot. I mean, that's how it is. And then the other thing is if you look at the covenants or whatever the rules of the park are, if it says you can't have a commercial vehicle or a big truck like that, or a work truck might be the way they describe it, then you're not allowed to have it. The fact they let you do it for a while and now they don't sucks. I agree, it sucks, but it doesn't mean they can't start enforcing the rule.
Speaker 11: They are enforcing that because of revenge.
Speaker 3: I man, I want ruchard. I agree with you. Here's what I'd like to I've won.
Speaker 11: I've won two situations. I took him the small claims court and I won.
Speaker 3: What did you win for in small claims court?
Speaker 11: Because there was when I was I had lost my job at thirty two years yeah, and I was here in the park. So I took a job in Iowa with with CenturyLink. What did you win like to get a transfer back? What did it when I was in where I was in Iowa? I paid on the lot and the utilities. Yeah, so I paid extra tours in agreements with with with the owner.
Speaker 3: Hold On, Richard, I've got a big break coming up. I want to dive a little further in and try to help you out. I've got a few ideas, but I mean, really, when I asked you a question like what did you want in small claims court? I mean like what did you one one hundred dollars? I mean did you win not getting evicted? I mean really, I just want to know the answer to that. And like I said, I have an idea that might help you get that truck back there, But you got to be game as well. Three oh three, Martino, we get a lot coming up.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three.
Speaker 13: Oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rips need advice? Who you don't have? Come runs as can shoot us gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Welcome my friends to the only show of its kind. We are here to help you out you've been ripped off or taking advantage of. I promise we can help you, and we dive into every kind of case you can ever imagine. If you need help three zero three seven to one, three eight two five five or three zho three Martino And as you know, that number works on and off to here. I'd love to hear from you right now. We have two lines open. I've got one of our legal experts up and let me tell you why I got to recap this. But first I want to tell you about Frank durand the real estate man. Man, he did such a bang up job selling our house in Castle Rock. He did this matter Horn three D walkthrough. He always lists new listings. I believe on a Friday he's got secret sauce. And here's the deal. We had over one hundred thousand people around the country walk through our house and we've got fifteen or twenty offers. There's valid good offers, some no contingency offers. That following Monday, then the bidding war started. He made us so much money on that house. I couldn't believe it. If you want the best, forget about the rest. Frank Duran homes dot com. That's Frankduran homes dot com. Now we had this caller last hour and I'm gonna bring him back up. But he's got an issue with couple people. One he's got an issue with the landlord, and he also has an issue with the neighbor. And he has a truck that's a work truck. It's a big truck. It's one of these trucks that can pull a huge trailer like a horse trailer, and the bottom line was it was hanging over on his neighbor's property. Now, this is a trailer park, so these are lots, neither of them on it. The person that runs the trailer park got involved and said, you can't have that truck there anymore. We don't watch you park in there, and you can store it in one of our back lots or in storage. But it's going to be fifty bucks a month. So now Richard's pretty upset. And Richard's your main question, and it is a good question. We're going to find out the answer from Bradley O'Brien from a legal aspect of it. But let me tell everybody, including Brad, what his question is. For twenty years, you've been parking that same truck the same way. Is that correct?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 3: And it was never an issue until you and the neighbor started bickering about him doing some work and not putting away his tools. And he was on your lot right, correct? So you feel as if the landlord's taking.
Speaker 14: His side, Yes, and I have reasons for that.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, give us a few more reasons. I have, Brad listening, So what are some of the other reasons. I want you to lay out your story, hey day.
Speaker 11: Out of the story is, as I mentioned, the tree was cut down. He was the tree cutter, stopped the job, made him pay an additional fee to come back. Additional fee the manager who was pointing to me for two months in a row. But the bill was to him and I said I wasn't going to pay it. And I told him why because when he first came to me, he was argumentative and would not listen to me. Second situation is at the trailer. The neighbor and nine who I'm talking about. I bought a new trailer and he came to me and asked me to do the truck and I said, I will want to get you know when I getting.
Speaker 9: Ready to do it.
Speaker 11: And so he went to the landlord and told him I refused.
Speaker 9: To move it.
Speaker 11: Yeah to me, argumenty and I just told him, hey, I said I'd move it at my time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just time.
Speaker 11: And so the third thing was I took the landlord to court because of a credit that his parents had we agreed upon when on for years and he got to be a good sum of money he refused to pay.
Speaker 3: Attick how much was the credit.
Speaker 11: Sixty six hundred ninety dollars.
Speaker 3: And for people listening, the reason he's saying their kid is when the parents either passed away or gave up the park, they put it in a trust and their kid now runs the park. So he didn't want to give him give Richard the credit of sixty six hundred. So you took him to court and is at the small claims court you were talking about.
Speaker 11: That is correct.
Speaker 3: Did he end up paying the money?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because number one, he just pissed it.
Speaker 3: In other words, you pissed them off. Let's just say what it is that pissed them off?
Speaker 11: Right, he made them mad?
Speaker 14: That's great, all right.
Speaker 3: Now here's what I want to ask Bradley O'Brien. Brad You're going to think I'm crazy, and I think it's I think the answer is going to be no, but it's a shot. Okay. We've all heard, well maybe not all of us, but a lot of us have heard the term adverse possession. Generally speaking, this would be property if from say a neighbor or maybe even a business or maybe even the state where someone has been using property is if it was their own for a long period of time, then all of a sudden, the other person finds out about it. Maybe maybe someone dies and someone gets the property and people can go after adverse possession. There's a lot to it. But in a case of a trailer park and a line, I mean basically it's a lot, so a lot line. Is there any way you could see adverse possession working in this scenario? I can't, but I'd love to hear from you and then any other thoughts you have on Richard's situation, Brad.
Speaker 15: So you're asking, can this tenant claim adverse possession because his truck overhung the edge of his rental property onto the next to the edge Bason rental property for twenty years?
Speaker 3: For twenty years? Do you see any case there? And now the landlord, because Richard got into it with his neighbor, now the landlord told him you can't even park that truck anymore there period and blocked it off, blocked off his parking spot with what Richard rocks and stuff.
Speaker 11: Like that rocks and a post.
Speaker 3: So he basically made it to he can't even park there where he's apparently been parking for twenty years. Brad.
Speaker 14: I think it's a super long shot.
Speaker 15: I mean, yeah, this is the eighteen year statute, and he's been doing this for twenty years, but he's claiming ever his possession is when you claim at property interest because you've done something. I mean, it's a very nuanced claim. I theoretically there may be something there.
Speaker 16: I would have to.
Speaker 15: Really look at up. It's a very fact intensive claim. I'd have to really look at it closely, actually speaking. It's such an extensive claim to bring, and you have to go to the district or a year, and it's probably cost tens of thousand dollars to win that claim.
Speaker 3: And he doesn't even own the property. Well say it again, he doesn't even own the proper You don't own that property, right, Richard?
Speaker 11: You lease it, that's correctly ran it month to month.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I don't even understand how adverse possession can you Actually this is a side note, Brad, But if you don't own the property, can you claim adverse possession? How would you take property that it's not even adjacent to your property?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 15: Yeah, adverse possession in the normal sense is to claim fee simple ownership of some property you don't own because you squat it on it.
Speaker 3: For eighteen years.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: But you can actually get some property, You can actually claim some property interest sort of fee, simple ownership. I didn't example for exactly, be a quick example. I had a case where somebody in wintertime for over for decades across country skiing across their neighbor's ranch, and they only did it seasonally. So the adverse possession clan there would have been to not see simple ownership of that a cross country ski path, but just a right to use.
Speaker 3: It, almost like an easement for skiers. That's crazy, right.
Speaker 16: You can adverse possession basically, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, Brad, I did not know that. So I did not know that. I always thought the only remedy with adverse possession is basically you take possession of that property. I mean, I realized you might have to go and pay property taxes and the rear and other stuff, but that's kind of how I always looked at it. That is great information.
Speaker 15: Hey, hey, Richard, this is a yeah, I have to I have to just clarify something here, because this is all very theoretical. Sure, a tenant does not have a right to adverse possession possession of something that they lease, so he could not adversely possess the lot that he's been renting for twenty years.
Speaker 3: No, but he might have use of it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but what But so he's claiming out dispossession of a portion of the neighbors the djacent property. They would only apply if he continued to rent when he's been renting.
Speaker 3: I agree one hundred percent. And I also agree with you, Brad. It's silly because Richard, it would cost you so much to even take that angle. And it's not a slam dunk by any but by any means, it's not a slam dug. But I do want to ask you this as a follow up, Brad. Remember it's a trailer park and they actually put up he's saying a post in rocks, so he can no longer park there. I mean, are you allowed? Just in total theory, I would think if I rented out something to somebody and didn't want him parking there anymore after twenty years, putting up a post or boulders or whatever he's trying to describe, I don't think you can do that, can you.
Speaker 15: Well, that might be a given argument for a partial eviction, like the landlord took self help directed something on the lot that he's renting to let him have so he.
Speaker 11: Has less use of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what he has been.
Speaker 15: Renting that could be a partial addiction, But he also has basically a waiver argument about the portion of the adjacent property. He would argue that he's been doing this for such a long time that the landlord effectively waived any breach of any problem with his parking.
Speaker 3: So let's talk real life here, and what I mean by that is Richard, let's face it. I mean, he lives in the trailer park, he lives in an RV, and now he's got to pay for his car to get stored there for fifty bucks a month. I guess what I'm saying is he doesn't have thirty thousand dollars to go after this. So in all reality, what is something that could actually help Richard in his circumstance, Brad. I mean, if he did want to go to the landlord and take him the court, could he go to small claims for example? No, because small claims is only monetary. You can't go to small claims and say I want his foot and I want to be able to park here anymore. So I don't even know what kind of action he could bring without an attorney that he would even have a shot at.
Speaker 15: Practically speaking, he could go to the count court with the quick and cheap and with ingo there without an attorney and claim partial eviction because the landlord is no longer letting him. He love it, but he's been using for twenty years. He's have to argue waiver and he can basically argue that what he's renting includes that that piece that he's been overhanging for twenty years with this truck, and that's that's his that's his lot.
Speaker 3: Hey, Richard, listen, man, I love what Brad saying. This is why he's our legal expert with property. I mean, he's basically saying you can go to county court and claim partial eviction. You're going to have to do some research, and I don't think it's going to be that hard for you because you already sued this guy and won that sixty seven hundred dollars. So I don't know why you wouldn't do that. The adverse possession, there's no way because it's just it doesn't make any sense to do. But how about that idea, Richard. It sounds like something you could probably pull off.
Speaker 11: So I would go to where the county court.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would go to the go ahead, Brad. I mean, just got to give them step one, two and three.
Speaker 15: Well, if a tendant gets illegally evicted, they can bring an illegal eviction claim. There's extra forums on the court website to do that. And you're gonna claim illegal eviction, not a full addiction, but a partial eviction.
Speaker 3: You're gonna claim. You're gonna find the papers to file in whatever county you're in. I don't know, nor do I care. On their website there's gonna be eviction uh papers, So you're gonna look them up and you're gonna find the one for a partial eviction, or maybe it's all the same, but you're gonna claim partial eviction. You're gonna basically say, by blacking off that driveway and not allowing you to park after twenty years is the same as getting partially evicted. So you're gonna fight and get a court date and he's going to have to show up and justify to a judge. Why up until you and a neighbor started in an argument you were allowed to park there for twenty years. I think it's actually a good argument, wouldn't you, Brad? It's well, a typical attorney. Typical attorney. I love that, Brad. It is an argument. But Richard, you got any other questions because I got to move on to some other calls. I hope that helps you.
Speaker 11: I understand, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, are you going to actually follow through and do it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: I hope you do. And I want to hear my little love from you.
Speaker 6: I will.
Speaker 11: I'm laid up with an ankle right now, but.
Speaker 13: That's all right.
Speaker 3: And Richard, the other thing is, I know Kelly tried to get the phone number. I would have loved the number of this kid or whoever the manager is now, and we wouldn't mind. I'd put a deputy on it. If you want to call back and give Kelly the number, and you know, give the name, number, give all of it and maybe we can reach out and handle it in a more diplomatic way than you have the to go to county court. Hey, Brad, real quick. I do appreciate everything you do for the show. And I had a couple of landlords reach out to me and they said, does it really matter if some of the new rules are not in a lease in Colorado? In other words, one of the rules I know this just from you, that you can only increase rent by a certain amount once a year whatever ten percent, or only once a year, whatever the timeframe is. And then there's other rules like only under certain conditions can you not renew a lease? If someone has an old lease that doesn't have that kind of language in it, does that make that lease totally invalid? I mean, does could that make a problem arise?
Speaker 15: Well, any portion of the lease that no longer complies with the recent changes is no longer enforceable. But there's a couple of things that I think it's still in the In the least, a tenant could go to court and require the landlord to update the lease form and then they could get their attorney fees.
Speaker 3: So landlords out there in Colorado, you got to be proactive. If you haven't had that lease looked at. I'm telling you, call a brad. This guy can help you out big time. I think you're absolutely nuts not to get it up. Some of the pet deposit stuff. You might have taken a pet deposit and you're getting ready to take it again and you didn't. You're not even supposed to. I mean, there's different things out there. That are nuts and you better have a good lease. I mean, the last thing you want is someone not paying you. Then they get to stay in your place because your lease sucks. Get Brad a call seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. Todd's got a problem with the roofing company. Keith, You're next with that T mobile. I am gonna have two lines open three to zho three Martino.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, We've got a lot of cooking. By the way, I got two lines open, three oh three, seven, one, three eight, two, five to five. I found that fascinating. Guys talk about a phone call going a different direction. That's what I love about this show. We get one of our experts on. I kind of jokingly brought up adverse possession. And when I say jokingly, I mean I've dealt with adverse possession and it's very expensive. There's different things you have to to prove. In fact, the statutes have changed pretty dramatically in the last ten years as well, at least in Colorado. But when I brought it up, I guess I wasn't say jokingly. I was throwing something out there, But I never would have thought of the partial eviction. It is kind of strange thinking he was allowed to do something for twenty years and Brad's like, here's what I do and it's not going to really cost him anything. And I hope that helps him out and I hope it helps out other people. What do you think of that call to demarche. I don't see how that's going to help him at all.
Speaker 4: In fact, I think that's going to be a really self destructive thing.
Speaker 3: I disagree. I know where you're going, because now you're he's going to be afraid to get kicked out. Well, it sounds like he is going to get kicked out if he's paying your question, if he's paying on time. It is so hard to kick somebody out of a trailer park.
Speaker 4: Now, no, I agree, but they're they're laying the groundwork for it because the caller of Richard no offense to him, but he sounds like a tremendously difficult.
Speaker 3: Person to work, saying he's a pain in the ass. He's a pain in the ass when they asked him to move the truck, when the neighbor asked because they were trying, or even the landlord whoever was asked for him to move his truck because they're getting a new unit in there, yeah, or a trailer or whatever he was doing, and he said on my time, yeah, he was asking for trouble. Yeah. The correct answer would have been, hey, man, I'm really busy today and.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow with work. Can you wait until Thursday. I don't sat over on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is I don't think it's right that he's been parking there for twenty years. The parents, I don't know if they're alive or not, but they're not managing the park anymore, have nothing to do with it. But for twenty years there was no problem him parking that truck. Then he gets into an argument, stupid argument and is an ass most likely I don't know, in seed with the neighbor, and all of a sudden you can't park there anymore. You know what, I might find him old crotchety. He's the kind of guy telling the kids to get off the lawn. But at the same time, I don't think it's right at all. And I actually hope he does go to county court, and I hope it does work out if he's paying on time. I don't think he's going to get kicked out, though, Mark, you were going to say something.
Speaker 1: Well again, I mean I know you said, oh, you can move the truck in two or three days.
Speaker 3: It takes two.
Speaker 1: Minutes to go move your damn truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a painiac.
Speaker 6: Go move.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an.
Speaker 1: Idea, be a neighbors. This world's too much. Oh, it's slight time.
Speaker 3: It happens to us.
Speaker 1: It'll be a nice person.
Speaker 3: It happens to us. Susanna and I at RV parks a lot. We're forty five feet long, there's nothing longer. I'm as long as you can get in our bus and we'll go in, and there's always room to maneuver the bus. But the problem is sometimes people will park behind their unit with their truck and there's no way I can back in if it's not a pull through without moving, and not once if I ever ask somebody to move their truck, they don't do it instantly. You've got to be a real piece of crap not to help someone out that's just been driving for X amount of hours and gets to the park. I think you just made my point for me.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, he's a pain in the ass, but you don't punish a guy by telling him he can no longer park there.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not the only issue, the guy said. The caller said, he said several different run ins with the neighbor and the landlord, and he took him to court and all this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put a nobody wants him around him. I'm going to put a poll up on our YouTube. I don't know how I'm going to phrase it, but i want everybody's opinion on this guy that just called. I'm not saying he's not a pain in the ass. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to actually ask the question on the poll.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a good question him depends how I ask it. Do you want him for a tenant? Well, no neighbor.
Speaker 3: No one watched him for a neighbor a tenant. I don't, but I think it's more or less. Is it fair? He got punished by not being allowed to park there for over and he has been for twenty years. All right, you guys over that's what we're doing. They're punishing him.
Speaker 4: Well, they want to get rid It's not punishment. They just want to get rid of him.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: They just month book?
Speaker 13: Did it?
Speaker 3: Dmitri? Up until up until and by the way, Louder is writer and I'm loud, do they get louder listen? They didn't up until he had a feud with his neighbor. I realized the guys are paying the ass. But I'm saying that doesn't make the punishment fit the particular crime.
Speaker 4: But but hold the punishment. It's not punishment. It's cleaning up your portfolio of business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they built it. They almost impossible to get rid of the guy, though, Oh it is. He's on a month to month lease. It does just I am telling you. With mobile homes and lots now, it is so hard to get rid of somebody, it's crazy, man. Unless if it's non payment, it's very hard. And they did that on purpose because what the parks used to be able to do is say, hey, that's a nineteen sixty eight trailer. We only allowed trailers that are forty years old, not forty one. So we're getting rid of you, and they'd be forced and you can't move a nineteen sixty nine trailer. First of all, they live in a nineteen sixty nine trailer, they have twelve dollars, they can't move it. So what happens is basically now they have nothing the trailer, the home they have is one hundred percent worth nothing. They can't move it, and they got to leave. So they changed a lot of rules, and some of them are good because under something like that, if they are paying, I don't think they should be evicted. I mean I really don't. But anyhow, I'd love to hear your comments. And I promise, soon as we get back from this, we're going to go right back to the phones we've got Keith. I promise You're next with t Mobile, and then Todd's got a problem with a roofing company. Two lines open. I'd love to hear your opinion. By the way, go to YouTube dot com. Type in Troubleshooter Network. You'll see the live show and vote on the poll.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five I'm putting up that poll right now. You know it's so funny how wrong Dimitri can be. I'm just saying, I mean, I just I want to know. Here's how I here's how I phrase the poll. Do you think it's fair that Richard can't park there anymore? How's that yeah, I think that overlooks the Really, the primary is. I know he's a horrible neighbor, he's a horrible tenant, but that has nothing to do with it. I think that's everything to do with it. The Mark, what do you think? Okay, you've heard us both talk. How should I put the poll?
Speaker 1: Okay? I think he should still get to park there? But he is he does not seem nice man.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, fair enough. So in other words, Mark at grease with me. I'm just saying, I mean, that's what I heard. I didn't hear anything. I hope his landlord calls in with his side of the stone.
Speaker 1: That love.
Speaker 3: Well, But for twenty years, how many?
Speaker 1: How many stories are there about Richard?
Speaker 3: The landlord could tell and the neighbor could tell. We could stay busy for the rest of the month. Come on, you guys heard tell a daily Richard's story. Hey, Keith, what's going on with you?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 16: Mark? So I have a T mobile phone service, and in August of twenty four I ordered their wireless internet.
Speaker 3: Oh I had that for a minute. Yeah, okay, that little box.
Speaker 16: Yeah it didn't work. Worth the crowd.
Speaker 3: It didn't work. Yeah, it didn't work. At my house at all. It worked like two megabyte downloads. I know what you're talking about. So you oh, let me guess. In fact, hold on, let me guess. They say you never returned it and they're still charging you.
Speaker 16: No, sir, I actually had it once and then it didn't work, so I sent it back and then a salesperson called me and asked me to try it again, and they sent me. They were supposed to send me a router, you know, the modem router and one of those little tracker tiles. Was all part of the deal. I never received the equipment, okay, but they are still charging me for eight months now, and I called them five times. No one over there can get me someone who speaks English.
Speaker 3: Okay, all. I hate to pick on you here, but that's pretty much exactly what I said. They're still charging you. And I guess I was wrong here. You never received the equipment to send back, right, correct? And you know these these jerks, and I'll say it, these jerks. I ended up suing them years ago, years ago, same company. That was the only way I could get their attention. They claimed I didn't send something back. This has nothing to do with the thing you're talking about now. That Wi Fi box or the four G or five G box has nothing to do with that thing. They claimed, they didn't get equipment back. They wouldn't answer anything. When I finally would be on the phone for an hour and finally someone would say, Oh, you're right, we're gonna go ahead and give you the credit. Blah blah blah, nothing nothing. They simply wouldn't do anything. I ended up taking them to small Claims court and I filed the suit. I served them down wherever their rep was, and sure enough, I get a phone call about five days later and I get a full credit for the amount. But it took me suing them just to get a response on something I was right. I had the UPS tracking number. I even had the tracking where they signed for it, wherever I sent it to, and it was the right address. I had everything in the These asses wouldn't do anything. But that's what companies do nowadays. So here's the deal, Keith one, Kelly, do we have an Angel over there at T Mobile? I know we have an AT and T one. I know we have a Century one. I know we have a Comcast one. Do we have one at T Mobile? Or is that a Suzanne question. Zone would know much better than I was. Suzanne. If we have one, please let me know, just text me so one. If we have an angel, Keith, I'm sure they'll get it taken care of. But if we don't have an angel over there, I think you're going to have to do what I do, which is take them the small claims court. Did you stop your credit cards so they don't charge anymore?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 16: The problem that I have is that they did. After the fifth phone call, I finally got a credit. But the problem is is that they're still charging me one hundred and fifteen dollars a month when my bill is supposed to be fifty six. So what they're doing is they're taking there and they're applying it as one hundred and fifteen dollars a month. And I'm like, I'm going to run out of credit in two months, and now you've got two months more than.
Speaker 7: You owe me.
Speaker 3: Well are they?
Speaker 16: Why can't you get it? They can't get the billy right.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely insane. It's insane. I mean, it's not just the unbelievable. No, Susan, I know it's Susan. Just let me know, let me let me read it real quick. I can't think of a T Mobile angel. It sucks.
Speaker 4: Well, while Mark is reading that, Keith, can you just go to a different carrier and you know, kind of end this saga before it gets any worse.
Speaker 3: Well, he might own money on the phone.
Speaker 16: That's what I was hoping to do. But then I'm going I'm going to end up owning some money and I'm not going to pay them anymore than I than I can't. I just want to solve this and then move to a new carrier.
Speaker 3: It sucks, man, Look who wants take a stab attus? Anybody want to reach out on this one. We don't have an angel there, but I guarantee there's a media presence. Yeah, I'll be happy to help out. Okay, here, here's the best way for these big company. He's you gotta find the media. Yeah, that's that's my typical go to. I always start with that, find the PR people and then reach out to him. I mean, you get the idea. So Keith Dmitri's gonna get your information, Kelly, get all the information there and we're going to dive into it. Hopefully we can help you out. But in the meantime, I'll be honest, Keith, I dealt with exactly what you are dealing with, and they figured it out when I sued him. We never had to go to court. They just fixed it. I mean, they finally fixed the whole billing thing. They refunded, They did everything they were supposed to do, but it took me holding their hand to the courthouse doors.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies to find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a lot cooking. I've got two open lines. We got two hours to go right now, though, I'm gonna get over to Todd. Todd, what is going on? Let's at least start with your problem with the roofing company.
Speaker 7: Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: I can hear you, great Todd, all right, perfect.
Speaker 7: So you want the long version or the quick recap and ask questions?
Speaker 3: No, okay, give me start the long version, but start off where we're at right now. Is the roof done?
Speaker 7: It wasn't a problem with the rough per se. Was a problem with the the way the cap was installed on the You know, they replaced the caps on all the vents and stuff with hail damage, and did they.
Speaker 3: Replace so they didn't do a roof fence. They did cap.
Speaker 1: Caps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they did.
Speaker 7: They did the roof. But they installed the vent cap on the furnace and it include water heater. They replace that. And when they installed it, they put it's a sliding type deal. You you position it and then screw it into place. And they put it on so far down, literally as far down as it could be pushed on the top of the cap to where its sealed off. The vent on under sealed it off.
Speaker 3: Carbon dioxide in the house.
Speaker 7: And yeah, carbon monoxide in the house.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, how did you find this out? I mean, did your detectors go off or what?
Speaker 7: No, don't have detectors if apparently the battery was dead.
Speaker 3: So lucky.
Speaker 7: Well, my wife had a heart attack, unexplained heart attack in January.
Speaker 3: How do you know there's carbon monoxide right now or there was? I assume you mitigated it somehow.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know that there's carbon there ever was carbon monoxide, but I'm assuming there was carbon monoxide. But I knew there was a problem when I at the beginning of the winter, because I did my yearly tear down of the furnace. I knew I especially had to do it this year because a lot of debris came down. In fact, a big chunk of gooey stuff came down through that flu and I can't see it in the furnace.
Speaker 3: So Todd, hold on one second, So Mark, Mark Shamanski, you guys do a lot of roofs genesis total exterior, So I'm picturing like almost like an exhaust pipe coming out of the house. Then on top of it, you generally have some kindkind of cover so when it rains, you don't have rain going directly down. And then what's he talking about?
Speaker 1: This cover? Then there's openings all around it, little vent holes to allow the air to escape, so it's not being trapped into the cavity of the furnace.
Speaker 3: I got you, and if you put it down. He's saying, it was so far down that literally.
Speaker 1: The airs, all the vents are actually on a solid pipe that's coming out of the roof.
Speaker 3: So what if we don't know about the carbon monoxide? Todd? What problems did you literally have.
Speaker 7: It's the first time I lit it up. After I cleaned it and cleaned it all out, it smelled and I thought, well, I might need to burn off.
Speaker 3: And when was this, Todd? When did you clean it? When was this?
Speaker 7: That was last fall?
Speaker 3: And when did the roof get finished?
Speaker 7: It was done a year ago in spring.
Speaker 3: So how about when you use the furnace in between those two dates.
Speaker 7: I didn't use it between last spring and the beginning of fall. I was actually shut off.
Speaker 3: So it was the first time you really used the furnace after the roof was done.
Speaker 14: Yeah, all right, hold on.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I got it. I promise you're up next. We got one line open, three zero three, Martino. We're gonna dig into this.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 13: Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped off bad news, need advice, you don't help, Come running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. That is the phone number you need. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of We help, and I mean it. We get directly involved. It doesn't matter if you got a problem at a trailer park like we had last hour. It doesn't matter if you got a problem with T Mobile. Maybe you just got a question, a bad contractor you name it. We can help over three hundred million dollars. Think about that, three hundred million dollars directly do. What are you gonna do go pay an attorney four hundred bucks an hour when you can use the power of the media right here to pressure people to do the right thing. And that's what we've been doing for forty years. Three zero three, Martine, know that's the number. That number works on and off the year in studio with me our guest, Mark Schamanski, he's the owner Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com. Mark, I want to ask you a few questions, and I promise I'm gonna jump right to Walt todd Ernie. We got one fine open three oh three seven, one three eight two five five this time of year, what are you guys doing exterior wise? I know you do interior paint, you do remodel, stuff like that, but exterior wise really your bread and butter. Can you do stucco any time of year?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do.
Speaker 3: Stucco, must of any time of the year.
Speaker 1: Obviously it gets weighed on in the really cold times, then we probably won't.
Speaker 3: How about decks? When when should people get on the list, Because I would guess people aren't thinking of decks right now, but in about three weeks when we have eighty degree days strung together, everybody's going to be thinking of.
Speaker 1: Decks and the nice thing you could be build decks year round and right now is a great time getting the list for building a deck or rebuilding a deck.
Speaker 3: You've got a great crew decks we have.
Speaker 1: We have phenomenal crew.
Speaker 3: Deck patios, like cement, the whole bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do a cement, We do the pavers, we do landscapes, stoning, we do every of that.
Speaker 3: About if someone wants to come out, like let's say they're decking is good, but the railing has rotted over time. Let's say I don't even mean the decking. Let's say the the two by eights underneath are good and they're weathered well and everything's fine there, but they want new decking. Can you come out and use their existing you can?
Speaker 1: I mean, it just depends how old it is, because if it's worth it, or if it's worth it, because also you're gonna save several hundred dollars that's going that's going to get rotten when you have a deck on top. Now it's gonna last a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Would you ever deal do real wood out in Colorado? Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, there's still a value role because it never gets as hot as a man made stuff.
Speaker 3: The redwood is gorgeous. Redwood is gorgeous. Yeah it's but you're right, actually, because we have the man made stuff and it gets hot as hell. Actually, Oh, fibro on tracks, they all get hot. There's some of them.
Speaker 1: Come out with some technologies, some cooling ways.
Speaker 3: They last for a long time. Oh, they can last a left time.
Speaker 1: And you can put a deck on that you'll never ever replace, you can, Yeah, you can use aluminum aluminum studs.
Speaker 3: If someone wanted to add to a deck, can you do that, of course, And build a gazebo.
Speaker 1: And build a gazebo, Trellis's you know, yeah, any of that kind of stuff we do.
Speaker 3: I love that man, you know. Adding a hot tub, I was thinking of my dad's. He wanted to get a hot tub, so I was thinking of buying him my mama hot tub. But first of all, they don't have enough breakers to actually run a fifty amp out to it. But then I started looking at their patio. My god, it's like one inch thick. I mean, unless if it was a really tiny hot tub, I don't even think he could put it on. I think the damn thing would crack.
Speaker 1: Thick what concrete or what? Yeah, oh yeah, that would probably crack on you.
Speaker 3: I think it would.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you can always put papers on top and do that. That'll kind of help spread the weight out you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe. Yeah, but that electrical issue you guys been doing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, electrical issues. You can't you add us up panel?
Speaker 3: Yeah you probably could. Remember I'm paying for this, so no, Yeah, I think it's a good idea. Yeah, thanks Mary. Where is the love? Where is the love? Yeah, it's everywhere, trust me, and my wallet feels you constantly. Let me ask you another question. Garages, So can you do you do steel buildings at all? Let's say someone's out in the country and they want to add in r V garage like I did. I tell you, there's ones like yours. There's companies. They have these systems, but together they're ready to go. They're ready to go. I think that's just a better, you know, than all, say, if they wanted to build.
Speaker 1: A stick Yeah, we could do a stick one. Have you done a lot of We've done some. I'd rather remodel, yeah, so can we do it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Nice? So I liked it so pretty much anything, but this time of year, you can do decks, you can do stucco. I guess if it's nice now, you could even paint. No, no, we've been painting.
Speaker 1: No, I mean because we what a week ago we had, you know, seventy three weather.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that paint you used on our house. It looks you're going to be out this week till look at our some of our projects inside for us. But when you look at that paint, man, it looks like the day you guys put it on on the exterior of our house. And if I get anything on it, you just hit it with the hose. It looks brand new again. Yeah, I mean it's really remarkable. Do you remember what kind of paint you.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's Benjamin Moore. I don't remember, like the top grade. Yeah, one of the hiring grades. Yes, probably was probably probably Ben Benjamin or Ben as well.
Speaker 3: So they're pretty I mean, paint's pretty expensive for good stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, but it's you know, it's labor's more expensive. So it's always better to pay more for a better paint. You want to prep right, yes, prep, but also it's just gonna last longer. Also, you get next to three or four years out of paint job. How much? How many thousands of dollars you just saved a ton right as oppose to paint the extra five six hundred bucks for an extra you know better.
Speaker 3: You're going to be looking You're going to bring that design lady out and you're going to be looking at We're painting our entire basically first and second floor with you guys. Soon, I mean real soon. We're getting the hardwood floors done by Big Bear. They're going to sand it down. When all that's done and you guys come out, what do we do? Something like, do you do achine? Do you do a Matt finish?
Speaker 1: I mean, okasically so yeah, no, Typically you do eggshell walls, flat ceilings, sat and trim. That's been the tradition. But you know, flat walls are becoming really really popular now because people don't like the shine of the eggshell and so it's real popular. Two sat, flat ceilings, flat walls, and you still say it with it like a satin.
Speaker 3: I love on cars. I love a Matt finish. Yeah, I think it's the coolest thing. One of our cars has got that Matt gray right from the factory. It's simply gorgeous.
Speaker 1: My Indian motorcycle has the matt But the thing is that one little.
Speaker 3: Scratch there's no way to fix it. Yeah, I notice that you can't buffet out. You can't. Here's the other marks. You can't go to certain car washes. The only car wash I'll go through an automatic one instead of having like the little kind of I don't want to call them wires, but the bristles. There's no bristles. You got to get ones that use basically foam. Yeah, that's it, because it will void any part of my paint job. They made sure I knew that when I left the damn dealerships got a hand wash it mark. Yeah, three three seven, one, three eight, two five five. Let me see who's been holding the longest.
Speaker 13: Todd.
Speaker 3: He was telling us about that problem with the roofing company, Todd. So where we left off was the roofers did it. They set the vet, the vent caps failed. I mean basically they failed, not the caps but the vent itself. And you possibly had carbon monoxide in there. But you went to clean your furnace and turned it on for the first time after the roof was done, and what happened. The furnace just wasn't working.
Speaker 7: It had debris from the roofing, so yeah, I cleaned it out real good. In fact, I cleaned it out a second time because when I fired it up, it's stunk real bad and then it burned off, so I figured it was okay. But then the next time I went to you that when it got cold, it's stunk real bad. So I thought, well, maybe I missed something because you know, with all the pounding and sure soh So I cleaned a second time, and then it was a while again before I got cold again. But I started noticing every time it would fire up, it would smell for a little while and then burn off.
Speaker 11: And then I.
Speaker 7: Noticed that it was uh, water was dripping down.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I thought, well, and that's where this vegcart issue came.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, yeah uh And I thought, well, you know, maybe it's condensation because uh uh I.
Speaker 3: So, but move move a little further into the story. So you never really got the furnace to work properly afterwards. And by the way, if if anybody out there has ever had a roof done, and mark you do roofs all the time your company does. It's crazy, man. I have seen light fixtures pop out. I mean, when you're up there doing any kind of decking or even just putting the shingles down or getting rid of the old one, all kinds of stuff can go wrong.
Speaker 1: Dust in your house and you can get nail pops in your ceilings. I mean, there's it's not that the roofer's fault. Typically, it's just what happens is just what happens, how your house is.
Speaker 3: So what happened at this point, Todd? Did you reach out to the roofer? I mean, what happened.
Speaker 7: Because because of it? Because it was dripping water, I thought, and it would burn off every time it would light up, and it was you know, I'd kind of forget.
Speaker 3: About it when it would get move on. What happened It.
Speaker 7: Was connosating, dripping down and stirring up basically the soot in there, and then it would burn off and that wouldn't smell, so I thought, well, it probably needs to be clean.
Speaker 3: So what the hell do you mean by well, what you mean the sitting there? What is it a pot belly furnace?
Speaker 7: No, but you know, I figured it's.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 7: Actually you can see a kind of a scaly crust when.
Speaker 3: The water would drive a furnace.
Speaker 7: Uh, it came with the house as far are there thirty years old?
Speaker 3: Okay, so keep so keep going. Where does this go from there?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 7: I thought it was just commensating and gripping down dirt and suck. I finally quit using it though, because I thought this is ridiculous. Something's got to be cogged up in there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: We were heating at the house the last the last very last cold cold spell with with electric heater.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then what happens though? Where do we go on?
Speaker 7: I got up I couldn't get the vents off down below without ruining them, so I thought I'd go up top and and see if I could find something in it.
Speaker 3: And then that's where you found out they didn't do the proper thing on the vents on the roof.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I looked up in there first between the the what do you call.
Speaker 3: The vent there was basically no ventilation on the vents, right, absolutely not. So then what did you do? Did you call the roofer at that point? What did you do?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 3: I'm just going to keep you focused.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: I fixed it and it worked perfectly, So it's fixed. Now you're bothering anybody? Excellent, And I no smell, no nothing, no back back up. Everything's working finely.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Well where are we at now?
Speaker 7: Though I don't know that's what I'm asking. I'm going to ask you, and what do you think I should do about it?
Speaker 3: I thought, I, well know, everything's fine now, right? You fixed it?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 3: This has got to be the craziest call I've taken today. Todd, you've fixed it? What what? Let me ask you this, What if I could wave a magic wand what would I do? It's fixed?
Speaker 7: Well, in January, before it was fixed, my wife had an unexplained heart attack.
Speaker 3: So you think it's possible there was carbon monoxide that gave your wife a heart attack? By the way, how is she?
Speaker 7: At first? I didn't think of it. Well, she's she's a she's back to normal. I didn't think at first, said that's happening to do Todd.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's a way in the world, now that you fixed it, to go back in time and see if there was not just if there was any carbon monoxide in the house because of that problem, not your thirty year old furnace. Let's not forget that. I don't think there's any way to do that. But even to go the next step and tie that to your wife's heart attack would be very hard to do. I mean, I don't know how you would possibly do that.
Speaker 7: That's what I figured, because they don't I checked it out, and because at first I thought, well, she's on oxygen, so she wouldn't be affected.
Speaker 3: Well apparently, when you're even you still have cat that wouldn't matter. If there's carbon monoxide in your house and you're on oxygen, you're still going to get carbon monoxide exactly.
Speaker 7: But they don't. They wouldn't do it test before it because they were looking because she's They went in and looked for blockage and there was none because she's had a history of heart attacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, then that even brings up another thing when you're talking about a med male because she's got a history of it. I mean, now you've got that to get over. I don't see anything there. I feel really bad for the entire situation, but I don't see anything going forward for you. I mean, you might call and talk to like Marco Bendinelli or an attorney, but I don't even think you should waste your time. I have no idea now that the issue's not there, how you would do it, and once again you got a thirty year old furnace. If there was carbon monoxide, it might have had nothing to do with the roofed. Mark Todd should still yeah, go ahead, go ahead, hold on, bo was in this industry forever, Go ahead, both, Todd.
Speaker 17: Since you had this issue of incomplete combustion in your vent pipe that's where you got the condensation even though you fixed it, you need to call one of our HVAC companies and get the whole unit and vent pipe checked out, just to make sure it is operating.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad idea at all.
Speaker 7: Men, Yeah, that's a probably, a probably.
Speaker 3: Hey Todd, I'm going to tell you something. Hey, listen to me, man, I'm gonna give you some advice you're gonna love. It's gonna cost you forty five bucks. Call up eight eight eight Heating dot Com. They're gonna come out and clean the hell out of that furnace, make sure it's safe for forty five bucks. If you've never used them before. It's new customers only, but it's the best deal out there. It's not a sales pitch. They come out, they're gonna tear it down. They're going to clean the blower. They're gonna get rid of all the dirt in there, and if there's any safety issues, they're going to check for carbon monoxide. For you coming out of that heat exchanger. And it's forty five bucks, it'll be the best forty five bucks you spent.
Speaker 7: Brother, I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 3: Man eight eight eight heating dot com Todd. I got to move on. That was kind of crazy. He fixed his problem. I understand where he tied it in. Now really quick, Mark, you were telling us during a break you guys had on a Christmas Christmas eve. Yeah, we had carmenox ine poisoning and you all woke up. It was you, your wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my sister was you know, my parents, my sister and her family and my wife and our warden's son, and she was pregnant with our second son. And your aunt called our aunt Colin just happened to wake us up. If she hadn't a called, no, it's actually my mother in law. But she hadn't called and woke us up, I wouldn't be here today.
Speaker 3: So you're talking when everybody got up because of the phone call, you start waking people up. You said, everybody's got a headache, they feel sick as hell.
Speaker 1: Then my aunt called and she said, get the heck out of the house because there's carbonoxide in it.
Speaker 3: And sure enough, Yeah, the firemen show up. They test the air. It was really really high. So you literally you almost died. Well, hell, your whole family for that matter. Terrifying stuff. Do not play around, Todd.
Speaker 1: Get detectors and have them in the furnace room. Get them, Get them in the furnace.
Speaker 3: Room, Todd, for the life of me after that, thinking about that heart attacks, it wor scenario. Get your aunts out the Walmart. You can buy the plug in ones that worked just fine, but get a few of them. And like Mark said during break, you know, the ones built into the ceiling are great, but carbon monoxide sinks, so you want to sit down below. And I love your idea. Do you put one in the damn furnace room, right, because that's where that's where it's gonna start. Yeah, we got one adjacent to it, but I don't think I have one literally in there, but it's on the same wall, right, all right, listen, Walt in Ernie three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. We got two lines open. I'm dying to hear from you.
Speaker 10: Hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, you've been ripped off or taking advantage of. We love helping, honest to god, that's our favorite thing to do. We like education and just helping. I mean really that said, Hey Walt, what is going on with you? Walton?
Speaker 9: Well, hi, Mark, I've got a unique situation and I'll summarize it in thirty seconds. In nineteen sixty, our development started where the houses were being built. It's not an hoa, but in nineteen eighty sixty association was format it formed?
Speaker 3: Who formed it?
Speaker 9: And acknowledged. What's that?
Speaker 3: Who formed it? Everybody that lived there?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 3: Okay, keep going.
Speaker 9: And so every property out here has an easement and we're in the county about I guess it was last year. The person died who started the the development, the associate, everything like that.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, hold on, you just said too. Hold on, you just said two things. In nineteen sixty the development was created. How many years later was that hoa voted on and put into place?
Speaker 9: Twenty six years?
Speaker 3: Okay? So but the sentence you just said was the guy that developed it and started the hoa? Are they the same person?
Speaker 9: No, it's not an Hoaay, so.
Speaker 3: Who died the guy that did the HOA or the guy that did the development.
Speaker 9: The guy lived in the development area and he owned most of the properties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But is he the one that did the HOA or the development or neither?
Speaker 9: Neither?
Speaker 3: Okay either? So what does he have to Who cares if he died? And I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm just saying, who cares? What's the relevancy?
Speaker 9: When he died? He willed a half mile strip, which was one he found. That's a half mile, just a little thin strip, and it's probably the total of an acre and a half that now is the road that goes in and real estate developed, I mean a real estate agent found that was willed to our association. And now we're liable for any accidents or anything in it, and we have a maintenance and we charge a road dues. Now, but we had to get an assurance policy to cover any accidents or any liability so that they don't sue us.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, hold on, let me ask a couple questions. Now, how long is that? Is it miles long? I understand it's only an acre or whatever, but how long?
Speaker 9: Just over a half a mile?
Speaker 3: So a half a mile long? And everybody in the neighborhood basically has to use this. It's the only it's the only way in and way out. Correct. So it really is a road that needs to be maintained. So I understand the maintenance part. I guess I don't understand. I don't understand the liability insurance on a private road. That's interesting. And when you say they're making you get it, who's making you get it to county?
Speaker 9: No, When we talked to the real estate agent, she said every part of that half mile is willed to the road Association, and that we are liable now for that one half mile section. If anybody has an accident, they can sue the association for I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To figure out, like what kind of accident I mean, like, is the road right accident? Is it like right next to it a big gully, like you could fall off the road and die. It's an unsafe road.
Speaker 9: No, there's probably two or three curves on it that are blind curves. And if anybody came around and had an accident, it would be on this property that was willed to the association.
Speaker 3: I get it. So that was willed to the association. And then who is telling you on the insurance side. And I'm not saying it's right or wrong. We're going to figure it out, but who's telling you that? And by the way, how much is this a year?
Speaker 9: Four thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: So four thousand a year for basically liability coverage on a one mile road that's owned by the association or not even the association. Well, it's owned by the road itself. It's owned by the members.
Speaker 9: Correct, but the association is the membership.
Speaker 3: I got you. Hold on, let's get Brad O'Brien back on. I just never thought of this a private road. I'm dying to fight. That's why I love this show. Think about this, guys. If you none of us have probably dealt with this now. Unfortunately Tom's not in today. He probably He's done so many roads and neighborhoods. But I've never heard of insurance on a road before. I'm not saying it doesn't have to be done or shouldn't be done.
Speaker 4: Maybe be the better way. But if you, well, no, I haven't heard about that. But you know, Waltz said it was willed to the association. Yeah, that doesn't mean that the association is required to accept ownership.
Speaker 3: Of this the only way in and out.
Speaker 4: Well okay, but just because those will doesn't mean that you take ownership of it.
Speaker 3: You can continue to use this, It still doesn't matter. There's only it's the only way in and out. Yes, well that's what I'm saying. I mean, why would they want a chance anything else it could happen to them. I mean, you can't exactly landlack somebody, But if I live there, I okay, I'll say it like this, Tomitri if I was a mortgage broker, and found out you were looking at borrowing money for me for a home where some individual owned the road that was the only way in and out. I might have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: Well, it sounds like a business opportunity for someone to take ownership of the road and start charging tolls.
Speaker 3: At the beginning. What about giving it to the county? Well, that's what I was saying. I mean, I don't know if the county operated it, but they might go, hey, we don't want to snowplow your road. Mark, I live on a private road. Do you guys insure it.
Speaker 17: I've been there for thirty years and we never paid a nickel and it's it's it's a dirt road.
Speaker 3: But I want to understand the insurance aspect. I'm to pay insurance on it, all right, Everybody hold tight. We're going to find that out. We also have a another issue with a cell phone in a question on selling a vehicle. One line open, three zero three, Martine, let's get Brad O'Brien, our attorney.
Speaker 10: Please go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. Free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of in insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, listen, Hey, Walt, Brad O'Brien. I can't get him on right now. We're gonna get you lined up for tomorrow because I really want to talk to the attorney. I assume you're ain question about the property is do we have to have this insurance policy? But you tell me what is your question? So I can kind of email Brad what's going on with it?
Speaker 9: Two things? Do we have to have the insurance? And how do we get rid of it if.
Speaker 3: You don't need it? Now? Interestingly enough, Dmitri brought something up that once again it's going to be for the attorney. I have never been in an accident in my life where I thought even thought to myself, who owns this road I'm going to soothe them. I mean, think about how crazy that is. Am I the only one that's never thought that? Or if you've ever been in an accident and said, damn it, I'm suing whoever owns this road.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's something that I would certainly consider if the road is in poor condition, if there are blind curves.
Speaker 3: That Okay, you just described every single highway in colorad right, every single highway bad condition, never maintained. That is everywhere we drive in the entire state. Dmitri. Yeah, well, I'm just waiting for that to pay off one day. But without the governmental immunity, I am curious on this. You brought up a great point. Let's say a plumber, Walt, a plumber is on the way to one of your neighbor's homes. We've already we've already figured out it's the only way in and out, and you guys didn't plow it properly, and all the people that own property in there own the road. Although I would think the road is actually more of a an LLC or a group where the members could very well protected be protected. But once again, this is a Bradley O'Brien question. And we're gonna we're gonna find this out for you. But let's just keep going down where Dmitri was. The plumber comes in, so he's not trespassing because someone called a plumber. The road is icy and should have been done, but because it's not the county road, no one plowed it. And the plumber swerves off on one of those curves you were talking about and basically blows up and dies and his head rolls off. I mean, we might as well get as crazy as we can, and his family decides, okay, we're going to go after whoever owned that road. I mean it, as crazy as that sounds, it could very well be the case.
Speaker 4: Well, but that brings out a room and even more interesting. Hold on, hold on, go ahead, hold on, hold on, Dimitri.
Speaker 9: I had a friend. I had a friend who was driving on the county road with his motorcycle, Yeah, and came around the corner and hit a rock that was in the road from the plowing. He crashed, Yeah, sued the county and got a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I mean that's odd in itself because a governmental immunity, But I'm if it happened, it happened. Go ahead, Dimitri, Yeah, I think you know.
Speaker 4: The primary question that I would start with for Brad is just because someone left in their will this road for Walt and his neighbors, do they actually own it? You're not required to accept something that's what for you and a will.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I love how you think, and I love having conversations with you. Thank you. I look at that so differently. For this reason, the people in there have to have this road. I wouldn't want anybody else to own the damn road. I wouldn't want one individual to own it. And I'm not saying they could put up a toll booth, but they could sure make people's lives miserable and create a court action. You can't landlock somebody in Colorado, but you can damn will try and you can really create a lot of issues. So if I was in a neighborhood, I'd either want a county road or I'd want ownership of the private road, right.
Speaker 4: And that's the second question. Once Brad says, hey, yeah, they own the road or they're not required to own it, then the next question is, Okay, what do we do get this road to make sure we don't lose access to it.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kelly, when did Brad say he can come on? Or he just simply didn't answer.
Speaker 18: His phone is going straight to voice. Melanie hasn't texted me that?
Speaker 3: Okay, text him, see if we can get him next hour, get all of Walt's information. God, I love stuff like this, I really do. I love having great attorneys, and I love getting edgumicated.
Speaker 1: Could we give the land to Richard and he could move his trailer there and.
Speaker 3: His drug See now, Mark's thinking outside the box. And if you don't know what we're talking about, go back and listen to the podcast. That was a great call. Listen. I got one line open, soon to be two three oh three seven to one three A two five five Another hour coming up? But wait, I said that too early, See Dragon, how do you back out of that?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: I said another hour coming up? But that's not true because I'm just going to do a couple live commercials. I'm going to entertain you for a minute, then I'll be right back.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent, You're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Dragon, they just said Joe Paggs was talking about, uh, Wilt Chamberlain. Is that Wilt Chamberlain the ladies man?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know he was still alive. That's crazy. Hey, really quick. Joe Paggs had a horrible thing. Someone tried to uh uh swat them. That's going on a week. It was crazy, man. I heard PAGs talking about him and his whole family could have been I mean, it was absolutely crazy. They had the whole swat team going out there. Terrifying stuff. They need to do something in Congress to where if someone gets caught swatting it can be like attempted murder.
Speaker 18: We also had Sean Ferrish, the Trump impersonator on Rhyan's show. He also got swatted.
Speaker 3: He got swatted as well. Yes, so true story, real quick, Colorado Springs and folks, I'm gonna tell you this. It's it's a very true story. You can probably still find the news articles with it. But here's the deal. Are you ready for this? One of the scammers, It calls up and tries to talk you into you know, basically buying him gift cards. This guy knew he was a scammer and went off on The guy started calling him all kinds of names. I mean, you can imagine the names, not good names, and just screaming at him. But the guy's trying to rip them off. I get it. Everybody's sick and tired of these scam artists. And it's right down the road in the Springs. And a day later after he hung up, I think the guy actually called him back a couple times too. If you can imagine, this basically was harassing the harasser. So it's a good way to look at it. So they spoofed his phone number and it was a home phone. That's a good thing about not having a home phone. You got a cell phone. Well, I mean, you know it is what it is. They can still spoof it. But they spoofed his number called Colorado Springs and basically said, Hey, this guy is beating up his girlfriend. I'm literally watching it right now through the movie. He's got a gun and I think he's got a knife, and he's gonna murderer and you name it, and he plays it right. He's convincing. Apparently, swat pulls up, kicks down the door, almost killed the guy. The guy's just sitting in his house. There's no girl or anybody in there. Complete bs swatting incident. Yeah, that's what happens. People can spoof your number. I jokingly, I have spoofed Tom a few times. I've called him like his uh, his daughter had a little fender bender a few times. Hey, trust me, I have a son that the first year he had his driver's license, got in three accidents in three months. Day the day he got his license, he rear ended one of his best friends. But anyhow, I digress. I spoofed because I was sitting in here and I have this little app where you can say what number you wanted coming from. So I said I wanted it coming from his daughter's number, because he was just telling me about that, and I said, wouldn't it be funny if she got into another accident. And there he looks at his phone and it's Dulchet calling, and he looks at me and goes, you're not gonna believe this. She's calling right now. Anytime she calls me during the show, it's bad. I wonder if she got into another accident. So there's that, Okay, listen, I promise she's got a question on selling a vehicle, Kevin. He's got a question about a road and the Walt issue. What does that mean, Kelly? The Walt issue?
Speaker 18: Previous caller that was on.
Speaker 3: Regarding the road. Oh, that's still him.
Speaker 18: No diggers a comment on has has a comment?
Speaker 3: I got you? Everybody holds tight one line open, three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Of time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: With News.
Speaker 2: You Don't have Come, runs as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Look you've been ripped off, we get directly involved. We try to get your free legal advice for that matter. We try to go after the bad guys. We use the power of the media to basically, you know, let everybody know the bad guys out there. And then we've got a great list of people that help us every day and what we do at referral list dot com and including Mark Schamansky. Mark, you've gone out on numerous jobs over the years. I remember sending you out to different roof jobs, garage jobs, anything that has to do with construction because you own Genesis Total Exteriors. I mean, how many times do you think you've been out unseen for it?
Speaker 1: Probably at least twenty, I'd say at least twenty over the years A long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's kind of cool knowing a great contractor. Mark's done work at our house. I did want to ask you. I haven't brought this up yet, but do you got any specials you want to run since you're in studio today.
Speaker 1: No, we can do the painters for the day.
Speaker 3: Again, explain what that is. It's a great deal. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: Seeing you two guys, two painters. That's all we have is meal painters. So right now that all guys. We've had ladies before. But anyways, two painters for eight hours typically nine ninety five.
Speaker 3: We'll do it for seven ninety five, So eight hundred bucks. You get two guys for the day, eight hours. So you can say, I want this room painted, I want this painted, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: It works better inside the house. Somebody try to have us paint the whole outside of his house.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm talking the inside though, right, Yeah, it works better for insight. You want a room paint it here, you want to room paint it there, something like that. Yes, reat that deal. Eight hundred bucks for two guys full day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they pay for the paint.
Speaker 3: Generally is one guy. If you have two guys painting, say your kitchen or whatever it is, do you typically have them both prepping at the same time. Is one guy prepping, they both start prepping, but once one area is done, one starts painting. Somebody can start painting.
Speaker 1: The guy keeps prepping, and then then he can follow up with taking the prep down.
Speaker 3: And these are good guys. Oh yeah, yeah, they're great guys.
Speaker 1: I mean it's Omar.
Speaker 3: I mean that's who's been going on.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so Mars. Who's saying at your house? This guy? Listen to this guys. Omar painted the exterior of our house years ago and it still looks brand new. But he's had the same painter and in the painters guys working for him for twenty.
Speaker 1: Years, actually twenty You never hear daddy twenty three years.
Speaker 3: Twenty three years. Jesus has been with me for twenty Oh my goodness. So, yeah, who's your go to, uh, like a foreman for decks because I know Deck's going to be huge.
Speaker 1: Alex is my foreman for deck is you know, his group is all family. It's him, his dad, his.
Speaker 3: Uncle, I love cousin.
Speaker 1: I love it they're all and you know they all live in the same neighborhood.
Speaker 3: How does it work? So if someone wants a bit on a deck, whether they want to get rid to the old one, get it fixed, build a brand new one, a patio whatever they call you guys up and I'll give the number out of course in a second. But do you go out and look at it? Does Alex go out? How does the build process work?
Speaker 1: A lot of times we have Alex with us, and so then you know it's a deck, of course, right, Yeah, he knows.
Speaker 3: It's a deck, and or we know it's the deck, and so Alex comes with me and then.
Speaker 1: He he'll come with the labor labor number for me, and then I also do that, and then he gives been materialists in my office, gets the materialists put together and we send the bit to the customer.
Speaker 3: You know our house has it's beautiful. I absolutely love it. Mark, So you've been out to our house. He's done work there. But the patio that comes off the back door, right, so not not at ground, but it's a second level over the walk out. So it's a beautiful deck. But it's light cement, right the builder built it, whoever the original builder was, they did it with light cement and it's probably this thick and it is really cool. Is that still something people use or is decking, like, you know, more efficient?
Speaker 1: A lot of times that you're doing that because you want to drive below and so you know, trucks has a great system that you can keep things drive below this.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think of that deck because are hot tub. If we just had decking, we'd be getting dripped all over right, right, And so there's a lot better.
Speaker 1: Well I'm not gonna say it's better, but it's a lot of different systems that we prefer to use at work, right, And so you know, and that wraps completely around your jost and then we gutter the water off as supposed to water just sit on type your deck and.
Speaker 3: Then you have to have it run off that way. Yeah, it's really cool. Yeah, So listen to anybody out there. Two painters for a day, what was it, eight hundred and seven ninety five seven seven ninety five. That's two guys all day painting whatever you point at, uh, three oh three six seven eighty five oh nine, And I can attest these guys do an unbelievable job at painting. Omar is great, just great. Three oh three six seven nine eighty five oh nine. And then if you're looking for a deck or it maybe even stucco windows, doors, a roof. These guys do it all Genesis tootal exteriors dot com. I love having Mark and he always joins in on everything. So I'm going to go to the person that's been holding the absolute longest, which is Brenda. Brenda, what's actually Brenda? I'm going to go to one other person. Go ahead, what's your question? Go ahead?
Speaker 19: Well, I want to get your best guidance on how to sell a finance vehicle to a private party because obviously some of the selling price goes to paying the loan off, but then you don't get the title to give to the private party for four to six weeks until you get.
Speaker 3: It from the finance company. I wouldn't buy it from you, okay, but I know how I would buy it from you. I set you up, okay. I would have a broker do it. JFR Cars on a referral list or referral list dot I'm just type in JFR Rod. He can actually do all the paperwork. I don't know what he charges. It's not that much. It might be like three hundred bucks, but he will do the entire thing through him to where it's not even an issue. They'll get the title, just like if they bought any other car from them. So basically, they will do all the payoff, they will do everything. They're just going to do. They're going to do everything you need done, and it's going to make anybody feel comfortable because they're a licensed dealer and they do it for people all the time.
Speaker 19: Okay, I'll give them a call and find out what their procedure is.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, well I'm telling you what it is, because they're the dealer. What happens is they basically they basically at all at the same time they pay it off. They guarantee those people they're going to get the title and then give you whatever proceeds are left. The other thing they can do you might ask them on what kind of vehicle is it?
Speaker 19: It's a twenty twelve Toyota.
Speaker 3: Tacoma, and how much do you want for it?
Speaker 19: Honestly, my husband is doing that portional that I've just was trying to figure out how to do the paperwork of it, because obviously, if I'm buying something, I want to title.
Speaker 3: You you're damn right. And that's why this that's why JFR is exactly what you need. They're just going to broker the deal for you, and then the other thing they can do and this is kind of cool too, when it comes to the selling of the vehicle and getting the paperwork done. They can even finance it, so if whoever wants to buy it from you doesn't have all the cash intakes, they can actually do the financing for the purchaser and everything else still works the same way. You get whatever's left over. Of course, they'll do all the payoff to your loan company or credit union or whoever it is. The finance company. They can just do it all. It's the easiest way to do it and you're going to have no problem. You're not going to get ripped off, and whoever's buying it's going to feel extremely comfortable because they're going to be buying it from a licensed dealer. I mean, it's just like buying it from any dealer out there. The other thing you should talk about is ask them. They also do consignment, so depending on what you want to sell it for, you might just say, hey, we want to get I'm just going to throw a number out fifteen thousand for it, and they might go, oh, we can probably get that for you, so we can do that on consignment if you want. Then you don't have to worry about anything. So I would I would check with jf R. Call over and ask for Rodney.
Speaker 19: Okay, I will thank you.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you, Brenda. I appreciate it and I hope that helped you out. Did it help you?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 19: I did, thank you very much, but I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Thank you, hey, Ernie. What's going on with you? Ernie?
Speaker 6: Uh, thank you for calling? Letting taking on collet Uh. About six months ago, had a problem with my cell phone and Tom gave me the name of this guy. He came over and he took care of it, and he really know what he is.
Speaker 3: What was wrong with the phone? What did they fix on it? Was it like the screen broke or what?
Speaker 7: Ernie?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: It was? It wouldn't follow the calls.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't forward to call.
Speaker 6: I've heard too to the phone company, which is a tea match, and they had nobody there could do it, and he'd done it.
Speaker 3: So Ernie, hold on a second. I just got to understand this. What is the phone not doing? Right now? If I call you? What happens?
Speaker 6: You called me? I may get you. I mean, I'm mostly using my land line.
Speaker 3: Okay, but hold on, so you want your cell phone forwarded to the landline.
Speaker 6: That's what that's what this guy done.
Speaker 3: And now it's not worth that.
Speaker 6: No, I got a new phone, just phone, my cell phone got he's got down a new phone.
Speaker 3: Is it a new phone number.
Speaker 6: No, it's a new just a new phone.
Speaker 3: Is it a Android or is it an iPhone? Maybe it's Air Android and Android? All right? Hold on, Ernie, I bet that was trying to think. Who the hell there? What a ben it?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 13: It was I Ted.
Speaker 3: Do me a favor, give him a call, see if we can get him on. Hey, Brenda, Jamie, Kevin, hold tight, go.
Speaker 10: With a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right, three oh three.
Speaker 3: Seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, Please don't forget that number works on and off the ear. Hey, I want to tell you about eight eight eight heating dot Com. These are great guys. Forty five bucks right now. In fact, during the show, a guy called up thirty year old furnace. It's perfect for it. If it hasn't been cleaned, they're going to tear it apart, get rid of all that dirt. Slap a no breakdown guarantee right on the side of that, and then you're gonna know who to call if you ever have a problem with your air conditioner or anything else. You's here, great people. Eight eight eight heating dot Com. Now, Ernie had a problem and we're going to finish up with him pretty quick. But I've got eye Ted up, Hey, Eye Ted, How the hell have you been, man? I have not talked to you for a while.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it's been a while, Mark. I'm hanging in there.
Speaker 6: How about you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing really good man. I think you helped Ernie out a long time ago. Is that true or not?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I went out to his house. It's been almost two years ago.
Speaker 3: He got a new time, he got a new phone. This is all he needs. I don't even think you have to go out to his house. But I'm going to bring Ernie up real quick. But Ernie, you got a new phone and you want it. If someone calls your new Android cell phone for it to forward to your landline, that's all you need done.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Oh, it won't work and they go to all me a new phone. But I just felt that when we spent two hours in this place, the people activated, they didn't know. Nobody in that place knew what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Ernie, do you have a new phone now?
Speaker 6: I got the new phone, but it's not working, okay, and.
Speaker 3: It's not working because it's not forwarding to your home phone.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Oh, it just doesn't work.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't work at all. I Ted, I apologize. I put Ernie back on. I'm like so confused at this point. I'm just I'm out of words here. So Ernie, Ernie eye Ted just told on there, Ernie, you've got to deal with the carrier. I would guess you've got to go back to where is it T Mobile or who are you dealing with?
Speaker 6: Yeah, T Mobile, they're gonna send They're gonna they said, they're gonna send me a new phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you give us a call when that new phone shows up and we can help you forward it so we get it working. Hey, I Ted, what else is going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Anything? I just haven't talked here for a while.
Speaker 20: A lot of things moving right now. I'm switching jobs.
Speaker 3: And where you headed to.
Speaker 20: I've got a lot of moving parts going on. Probably gonna be over at micro Center actually, but okay, we're gonna find out you're in short order.
Speaker 3: I'd love it. I love Microcenter. If I see you in there, I'll make sure to give you this sticker. Brother.
Speaker 20: Well, thank you, sir.
Speaker 9: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got it. Hey, I really appreciate eye. Ted and you my friend. Have a good day, sir. Now let's go to who's been waiting the longest, Jamie. What's going on, Jamie? Hey? Jamie?
Speaker 13: Hi, hi, so Hi.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 21: Credit Union problem. My daughter did a job for gentlemen and when she was paid, they were paid certified or cashier's check.
Speaker 9: Okay, the tech the tech was lost.
Speaker 21: So they went the customer who has the account at the credit union went to the credit union. They called the credit union. The credit union told them that they needed to get a lost surety bond, and so they did and we paid five hundred dollars for the lost surity bond.
Speaker 3: How long do they keep it?
Speaker 21: The lost surity bond? She just got that yesterday?
Speaker 3: Okay, what I'm saying is how long does a bank want you to keep it? For people that might not know what that is. It's basically like an insurance policy, because what can happen is someone else could cash that check. There could be other issues that happened with that. In fact, a person that actually issued to them could actually cancel it. So everything sounds right so far. So what's the issue.
Speaker 9: So she took the.
Speaker 21: Charity bond, She took off the work today a couple hours. They let her sit in the credit union for two hours discussing about what they're supposed to do, and then they told her that they don't accept shurity bond.
Speaker 3: Well, what what credit union is this? I mean, what is this? Mon pause credit union?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 21: It's it's the Credit Union of Denver and Lakewood.
Speaker 3: I'd never even heard of it. What it doesn't even matter. I just need to put someone on this. I mean, there's a way to do it unless if someone else has already cash that that this shouldn't be a big deal. And I don't expect you to know the answer to this, Jamie, but maybe you do. Was it drawn off the bank itself or was it drawn off the employee the employer's account?
Speaker 21: It was drawn I would it be, I guess I don't understand the question.
Speaker 3: So if I go, if I'm going to give you five hundred dollars and you want a cashier's check, there's two ways I can do it. I can go into my bank and they basically do it from my account, so they take five hundred dollars and basically ear market for that in my account, and then I give you the check when it goes through, that five hundred dollars comes out of my account. Or they can do it on the bank, so in other words, the five hundred dollars comes out of my account right then and there, and then it goes into a bank account, meaning the bank itself's account, and then it's written off that. So do you know which way that was done on yours?
Speaker 21: I believe it was not done on the bank's account, Okay.
Speaker 3: And I wish it was done on the bank's account because then the bank probably wouldn't even need that insurance.
Speaker 4: So I think, I mean, Dimitri, can you just get this figured out? Yeah, Well, it's not easy for me to actually understand what Jamie's problem is. Jamie, if I understand you correctly, your daughter provided some kind of a business service to someone, and then she got paid with a cashiers check.
Speaker 3: Is that correct? Yes? And then who lost the check?
Speaker 1: She did?
Speaker 3: Your daughter lost the check? How much was the checks?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 3: And it's never been cashed?
Speaker 4: And does the Credit Union of Denver does do? They say that the check still hasn't been cashed.
Speaker 3: Correct and so moron.
Speaker 4: So so then they said we can replace the check provided you give us five hundred dollars surety bond.
Speaker 3: And then when she actually brought it down, they said, we don't take that.
Speaker 21: We actually went through a shurty bond company, and in between, while they were underwriting the shirt T bond, we contacted the bank and she talked to one of the accountant supervisors and they said, yep, this is the kind of surety bond you need and everything. So and that was on Wednesday the twelfth.
Speaker 4: So today she showed up. She showed up at the credit union and said, here's the bond. Now give me a copy, another copy of that check.
Speaker 3: She sat there two hours and they said we don't take it. And but and then did she and she and they said, well, we don't, we don't take the charity bond. Was the problem with that particular bonding company? Or is the problem or is there some other problem? Now I'll tell you what the problem is. They're morons.
Speaker 4: Well, not necessarily, Why did what did what step do they tell you to follow next to get the ninety eight hundred bucks?
Speaker 3: They they didn't, so they so they said we don't take schurty bonds. And she just left.
Speaker 21: Yeah, so she was there for two hours.
Speaker 3: And I think the people at the branch are morons, and the people that they actually talked to over the phone knew what the hell needed to be done, and possibly the people at the actual branch are just clueless.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't the people at the actual branch say, okay, if you still want your ninety eight one hundred dollars, here's what.
Speaker 3: You should do next?
Speaker 4: Well, you would sure think so, Well, well, I would certainly ask that question, but your daughter didn't ask like what she should do to get her ninety eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 22: Now, so she had had on a discussion with these people before and they told her they needed to talk to the account as supervisor.
Speaker 21: And that was on the twelfth.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, they're morons, Dmitri. They don't know what the hell they're doing down there. This should be so easy. On a cashier's check that hasn't been canceled, you cancel that one. You simply cancel it. That's it. If someone presents it, it's no good, it doesn't matter. They simply don't pay it, and then they issue a new one. It's so easy. I don't even understand why these people are that stupid, to be quite honest, Hey Kelly, let's get the hold on. Let's try this. I doubt they'll come on the air. Let's try to get the branch manager at this Lakewood Denver Credit Union that can't seem to get this poor woman her money. Let's see if they'll come on the air. These morons.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven three eight five to five. Dmitri wasn't here years ago when we actually had Dollar Store ribbis. Oh, I want to see pictures and I want to hear a description. It was the most disgusting meat.
Speaker 1: I was on the show when you were talking about those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was insane. So we brought a grill in, put it out on the patio up here at I Heart, and we grilled him and everybody tried them. I was afraid, so I didn't even try. It's an actual ribbi cut of me from the Dollar Store. It was a ribbi. It was like this thick like a hamsteak. You ever seen a ham store. It's about as thick as a hamsteak. And it was packaged in bromine. Wait, what what's bromine? Bromine is an ant acid? I need to look this up, but I'm afraid yes, dollar store steaks are literally packaged in an ant acid. That can't be good for you. Well, you won't have an acid's stomach apparently after eating it. I don't even know what may just think of that? Oh, we were talking about wings. Hey, Dan's got a question for Genesis. Mark Schamansky's with us today, the owner of Genesis Total Exteriors. He's got a great deal going on in paint too. We'll talk about But Dan, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Hey? Tom?
Speaker 14: Hey, I'm glad you have Genesis on because I have a couple of curses.
Speaker 6: On stucco?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, sir, okay?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 14: Would you do stucco on a log?
Speaker 9: Home?
Speaker 1: I tell you, I I mean because you have such those deep rivers. Can you do it? Yes, we could do it. But gosh, why would you want to cover up those beautiful logs?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: Are they such bad shape?
Speaker 14: Well, they are citing good bad shape. I gotta print it, I gotta get it painted or staying. But the other thing is as far as for insurance, So.
Speaker 3: Change your insurance.
Speaker 1: No, because you're in a fire area.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they won't a lot of insurance companies won't cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're seeing that up and wait wait, wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, I understand they won't cover a log cabin. I get that, But just by putting stucco on the logs, saying that changes.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna have a fire raided in your house.
Speaker 3: I get that. But you're saying if you put stucco over the log the logs, that now you don't have a log cabin.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, you still have a log cabin, but the outside isn't.
Speaker 3: So they're like, so it truly is a workaround.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking, right, do you know what I Now, just think about this. What we would probably do is attach a half inch sheet of O, S B and stucco on that. Then we're not feeling Now now we're not feeling.
Speaker 3: All the ridges that pain the ash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think how much concrete you have to put in there, and.
Speaker 3: Then the insulation factor is going to be way better with the stucco.
Speaker 14: Right, And that's the other reason. That's the other reason. Now the ridges, it's only a half inch between the outside, you know, the round part to the other, So it's not.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have that pine that pine log look exciting is what it is. It's probably not true log, it's probably pin.
Speaker 3: It's links basically, right, seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay right right, and so so it's doable with Yeah, it's doable.
Speaker 14: Okay, how about do you do synthetic?
Speaker 3: And we're we're I'm alry to interrupt this. I still have to understand this for myself. If you have a log cabin, yep, and they don't want to ensure it because it's a log cabin right in the area it's in.
Speaker 1: Right, because they're afraid the outside would start a fire.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's right, because it's a log cabin. Right, But you're saying the stucco has a fire. It's fire resistant concrete. So it's concrete.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So all of a sudden, even though it's still a log cabin, of course, now they will accept it in the insurance realm.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you. I just that was hard for me. That's all right, we got you, all right, keep going Dan.
Speaker 14: So so the other question was synthetic versus standard do you?
Speaker 1: I mean we typically are standard, we're typically standard. But if somebody says we want synthetic will use.
Speaker 3: What's the difference? Mark?
Speaker 1: You know, they're just two different products. I couldn't tell you the exact difference.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I knew at one time, but I don't remember.
Speaker 14: It has a better R rating, and I guess just why I read it it's less resistant.
Speaker 3: I would assume the synthetic costs.
Speaker 1: Again, we don't. We don't have any issues with the cracking because of the mesh that we put in. So, I mean I have never had a callback from a stucco job because we had cracks.
Speaker 9: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Do you stuck other? I mean, if it's a wood right now? Dan, what's the roof look like?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 14: Rigor asphalt roof?
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's kind of cool, man. I learned something.
Speaker 1: Be happy to come out and take it.
Speaker 3: Give you a quote, So that's free. Brother. Where do you live, by the way, Dan, where's the place black Hawk?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: You've done a ton of work up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the z casinos I was a contractor, and all the inside and outside remodels of Ramzy. I did the Dragon Tiger restaurant.
Speaker 3: We met up there a couple of times.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean he's worked all over black Hawk Man for all those casinos.
Speaker 14: Ye, getting ready to put some in for I measured this, would you need to come on out for or if I measured the square footage and took pictures of it, would you be able to get a Yeah?
Speaker 1: In the realm, Yeah, we could probably get you a ballpark, but yeah, we do want to eventually see it before we give you a hard number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at least you can get an idea. Sure, yeah, right, right, do that, Dan, I mean call him up man three oh three, six seven nine eighty five oh nine. I'll do it all right, Thanks dude, Jamie. So we're we're going to reach out and try to help you a couple different things. Here's here's what I would like to do. Deputy Bow offered to meet with your daughter down at the location. Deputy Bow, Is that correct?
Speaker 17: Yes, it's not too far from where I live, and I can have a confersation.
Speaker 3: I think that's a good way to start this and then we can apply a little pressure. I assume Kelly, when you called over there, they do not want to come on the air.
Speaker 18: No, it was a circuitous route that actually get you to a call center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes nowhere it sounds just like the brains of the people down there. It goes nowhere. I mean, this poor woman has a check for ninety six hundred bucks and she lost it. Okay, good bad on her, But no one's cashed it. It's not hard to cancel a cashiers check. For the life of me. It's not hard. It happens all the time. If it hasn't been cashed, and then issue a new one. I think Deputy Bow's going to get to the bottom of this for you, Jamie. I'm hoping to your next time on the show. You're thanking us, all right, Yes, we're going to help you out, Jamie. Yeah, hold on, Deputy Bo's got to pick up and get information. He's going to do that. Kelly, grab all of her info, and Bo will call her daughter and figure out when to meet. In fact, Bo, if you do it during the show at some point, call while you're there. I mean, if they're really as dumb as I think they are, I'd love a picture of these people.
Speaker 10: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, folks, listen three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Deputy bow is going to meet down with that daughter and try to get this handled. But there is no reason. What is it? Credit Union of Denver? What's it called, folks? I looked it up. It appears to be Credit Union of Denver, Elkwood Branch and Lakewood Point Way Way on West Alamedia. I find this unbelievable. To cancel a check and then to reissue it to this woman. This is like either something nefarious is going on, and what I mean by that is maybe the person that issued the check got the money back doesn't want to I mean something, but I don't know. We're going to get to the bottom of it. Hopefully we know something. And then, by the way, listen, anybody out there, please tell everybody about this show. You've been ripped off, you've been taking advantage of. You're talking to someone at a party, or a neighbor that's having problems with a contractor or a landscape or anything. Give them the number three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air during the show. It comes here when we're off. It'll either go to voicemail or someone will answer, but will reach back out to you. It's very important. I know a lot of people can't hire an attorney, they don't have the money for that. But we've got people on the referral list that help out all the time. Three oh three Martino, or help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. Now I want to finish up with Mark Schamanski.
Speaker 7: This deal.
Speaker 3: You have two painters eight hour day, right Mark, an eight hour day, So eight hours they're going to come out.
Speaker 1: Two people.
Speaker 3: That's sixteen man hours for only seven hundred and ninety five bucks for the painting. You can say, hey, I want to do the living room, I want to do the ceiling, I want to do the hallway. I want to do the closet. Whatever you want done, what you want done, you can't beat that they'll be there seven ninety five dollars. The other thing, if you're thinking of a new deck or you have deck repairs coming up, get on their schedule now. Simply get on it now, because when does it start breaking loose after we got it.
Speaker 1: Like it's already starting.
Speaker 3: It's already starting.
Speaker 1: Ye and your deck crew, Alex, he's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal whatever they can imagine. These guys can built, you bet. I love that man. That's Alex, that's Mark Schamansky, two painters, seven ninety five. You got any questions, You always got questions. No, I think you guys did a really great job clarifying everything for me today. I'm walking out smarter than I came in. You know what I love about that show. I mean, we talk to people every day. I learned a lot today on two different calls. I mean the one that Brad Bradley O'Brien helped out on with the guy that had been parking in the same trailer park lot for over twenty years and all all of a sudden they don't want him parking his truck. There After, he had a dispute with the guy in the trailer next to him that was great information. I really did not. I didn't think the guy had a shot in hell again anywhere, but it looks like he does, and I think we can both agree. He'd probably be a great neighbor, Dmitri, I would love that.
Speaker 4: And man, I just hope the trailer park owner calls in to talk about some of the stories.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kelly, did we get in hold of the trailer park owner?
Speaker 18: We left a message.
Speaker 3: I want you to beat that like a dead horse tomorrow. You're good at getting people on when I really want him on. I am dying to prove Dmitri wrong that this guy's a pain in the ass.
Speaker 18: Well, actually it's going to be your beautiful wife tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Oh it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, where are you going?
Speaker 9: I have the flu?
Speaker 3: No you don't march madness, my god, women's basketball. All right, listen, folks, three zho three Martino. Please don't forget that. We want to hear from you tomorrow, and don't forget help at troubleshooter dot com. My name's Mark Major, and this is the Troubleshooter Network.