Speaker 1: Conversation. Damn it, Russ, I just turn it off, man, my dad, it's all good, it's all good. I'm drinking my boy rusting the mass Space podcast. I want, I won't. I would expect you all to forget because it's been a while, Sto. I've been recording. Some stuff came up, you know, I gotta deal with that. How your day been going, Russ? You're good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: The show is busier than ever, and you know we've been dropping episodes twice a week now rate just because we've been so busy.
Speaker 1: So I'm busy there, but too like I always even outwork today, but like that, he's not from being busy like all day like stuff like that. Real quick, right, because I've let me see, I started recording at like four point thirty because Brandon, he has a very specific schedule, had him on just now like an hour. Well he came on an hour ago. This that me and him and christ just now just spinished recording.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I barely made a home in time because I was coming from therapy and I forgot to say this earlier. So I'll say it now. If you just if you need help, go get it you know what I'm saying. I was was in the car Sunday night, yesterday night, and you know, we were talking with me. It was like me, Brandon, Brandon's brother, and our friend Rammel was in the car the s I was always chatting and we were somehow got to the bendwa stuff and I was saying, how what really got to me is what Vicky Garrel said, And she said something along the lines of how he was surrounded by not only the fans who loved him, and only the Chris Colley who loved him right, but friends and family who loved him, all of who I just said would have helped him, you know what I'm saying, and got him help, you know what I'm saying. So he doesn't. So she was saying, how he doesn't really have any excuse justification, you know what I'm saying. And that that actually like hit like resonating with me, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, it's like reach out, go get help. You know what I'm saying, If you need it, you know what I'm saying. And let's not stigmatize mental health because mental illness is it's all the same. It's an illness like just like the common coal, just like any other illness, it's an illness, you know what I'm saying. So that stigmatized one particular type of illness, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You hear me, Russ, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And so I'm not even sorry that almost made and then my tongue, I'm not even sorry that I almost was laid it because of that, you know, because that comes first, and it's that third and I'll say this real quick, right, A very reassuring experience and also a very another pleasant time. And because that, right, the town that's it's it's in Long Island, like one tunnel from where I'm at, and it's just a nice town. It's it's a Glen Oaks, right, and it's just a it's so beautiful, like the town and everybody there so honest and nice, right, And I like to contribute to that. So I'm so last week I'm coming from there right, walking down the street and and I find like a like a like an envelope and the mill come in. So I'm like, what happened to the millman? Like dropped the fault to the milmun's bag or something, and it was addressed to this address, and I know what checks look like this on a check in this envelope.
Speaker 2: Right, and.
Speaker 1: The actress was that of a building right across the street from when I was standing where I found this envelope. So I, yeah, two sixty third dashed something Hillside Avenue, right, and I go in there. It's like it's like it's like it's like three buildings, you know, like they're together, like the same building, like three businesses. Yeah, like a halal place and some smoothie place. And then they got and they got like, I don't know what it's like check cash in in place whatever it was, right, and so I gave it to the person like he assured me, yeah, this is this is like, no, it's this is all I give to a correct person. And that's it. I left, right, and yeah, it's it's such a nice town. You know this that there. Then then I come back home to like where I live, Queens Village, Shadyville, the hood, right, and oh my god, let me just tell you man, like like I'm getting I'm like, I get off by a train station and I see the music at Pickpocketed and I'm like, my god, how could you stoop?
Speaker 4: Solow?
Speaker 1: You know, Oh my god, how you feeling right now? I'm getting over a cold. How you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm good man, this this weather is so crazy.
Speaker 1: It was raining cats and dogs. I know, I stuff in a poodle.
Speaker 3: Mhm yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean we were at some you know, being over ninety degrees. Yes, a couple of days ago too, down the forty degrees last.
Speaker 1: Night, Like when I went to Brandon's house right to watch Mania, it was like nice and warm, right, I'm wearing like schwartz and stuff like that. And then by the time I'm leaving the I'm leaving his house right now, we call silence freezing cold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, that's that's Stuff's crazy. It definitely will make you said.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing shoes. I'm like, I'm like slippers. I didn't wear shoes that were slippers. Yeah, but but yeah, man, alright, that's enough stolen. We're live right now. So already gave like my thoughts, uh real quick, give me like a quick overview as I pull up my website at shapiroo dot com of Russemania, you make like a quick synopsis what your thoughts were.
Speaker 3: Over Uh.
Speaker 4: I I've heard a lot of the complaints that people had about matches being too short and people getting more time, and the commercials. Like the first day, I didn't even notice the commercial. I didn't notice him. I didn't really get into the matches being too short, didn't even notice any of that.
Speaker 2: I was entertained by what was going on.
Speaker 4: The only thing that stood out to me night one at night two was the referees at times getting getting buried.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, I look and I see I think Seth Robbins out the ring and he's been out the ring for at least you know, two, two, three minutes, and the referees just at four and he never goes back in the ring, and the referee never starts counting anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, Brian Breaker, he comes down, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Where's the referee? The referee was in the ring counting? Why is he out of the ring now? You know, it's little things like that.
Speaker 1: And bro my reason for that right because was so fast through didn't see it. All he saw was a blur and selling his ribs or whatever it was. That's my explace.
Speaker 4: Why I can I can see him not seeing it, but why was the referee not in the ring anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was checking on gun there? Why with look at table spot something like that, with gun through and stuff like a pedigun on table something like that.
Speaker 4: It was something, but he did he really had no reason to go outside the ring. Go out there, you check on him, and you get back in the ring. You know, we always see them go out there when there's a big bump outside the ring.
Speaker 2: But get back in the ring and do your job and count. I mean, there should have.
Speaker 4: Been a double DQ before it even got to the table spot because they've been out there for like five minutes.
Speaker 1: Since we're talking about referees not you know, calling stuff and not seeing things or seeing things not calling stuff. Right, let's just let's just fast all the way for to night at night two using the steel steps right in front of the referee. Who'say from me? Yes, Why wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I have zero clue in that one? Because and I heard Michael Cole say, well, the referee is showing some discussion right here.
Speaker 1: He said that.
Speaker 2: Michael Cole did say that the referee is showing some some discretion.
Speaker 3: However, come on, I get it.
Speaker 4: If you throw somebody into the stairs, it's part of the ring. But the minute you pick the stairs up, it's a weapon. Yes, right right, so it's you know, it's no longer part of the ring once you pick up the stairs and and so yeah that that should have been a d Q right there, and and for him to look at the referee and and do it anyway, you know, And he started out all right, you know, he rest of his counting, he slid back in the ring, He slid back out like okay, cool, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have a good match. And then he does that, and like what the hell? That that stood out to me, like he.
Speaker 1: Man, this, why why not? I'm being up? He's a rap. It's a sight while I find him because I better brandon five dollars to see him was gonna win or whatever? Is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a bad bet. I mean, there was no way to take that.
Speaker 3: You should have.
Speaker 2: Taken that one.
Speaker 1: Why why do you say that?
Speaker 4: I mean you even when you look at that, I mean that was this was Romans, this Romans win.
Speaker 1: So let's do something like that? Might saying that women.
Speaker 4: No, no, I mean you gotta, you gotta you really had to put a jolt into what was going on. Roman is the biggest star. He is the and they needed to put a jolt because ratings have been slipping. They and you can tell a lot more story with Roman right now than you can't a Punk, and and so the you had to go with Roman winning.
Speaker 2: And obviously.
Speaker 4: Here's here's where the believability in wrestling happens. To me, Right, if you stand aj Lee and Becky beside each other, would you believe.
Speaker 2: Without help or.
Speaker 4: Something, that aj Lee could beat her just in a straight up fight.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going with this guy, Say yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, just because she's from Jersey, I mean I think, But no, I mean you could Punk. And granted I give Punk all the credit in the well, he looked like he was in the best shape he's been in in ten years, ten to fifteen years, like he he I really give him credit for taking it serious and getting in shape because he looked good last night. But you still like that version of Roman, like I cannot see Punk beating Roman. There was no believability in that to me.
Speaker 1: I'll say this real quick, right, I thought, maybe maybe like some some some some snowballs. Chance, maybe they were like even a score. Because in twenty thirteen, Roman did see him punk on Raw. No remember stats, but yeah remember that and rollmanrium six stool a heels part of Shield and was about to win Outlaws turned heel and call from the match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no knowledge of that whatsoever, but.
Speaker 1: I think like the old old school night whatever they call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, as a whole.
Speaker 2: I I was entertained.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I stayed off social media during the show. I was texting with two of my buddies throughout night one at night two watching the show, and I didn't get caught up into I didn't even realize how short the matches were. Like I looked up and I was like, wow, it's just after you know, it's just after ten o'clock and the show's over. Like that's all right, you know, and yeah, gudea. So I didn't notice how how short any of the matches were that people were complaining about.
Speaker 2: I'm like, to me, it's about.
Speaker 4: WWE has told you, especially the last couple of years, the way they've done the Hall of Fame, right, and they've had that new category for like moments, right that it's about moments, not headlocks. You know, it's not about the matches, because what's one of the greatest WrestleMania matches.
Speaker 2: Just throw one out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, can you tell me five things that happened in that match that were wrestling related outside of moments?
Speaker 1: Does table spots count?
Speaker 2: Sure? Go ahead.
Speaker 1: So Michael's throwing Musso on the table and not breaking the finish of course the ankle lock. So that's two spots. Uh is gonna doing a low blow in the ropes h Craig on the top. And I mean, I'm lying if I said I remember the specific spot by what happened.
Speaker 4: It's like there are there are certain spots that we remember. It's not like we remember the match and people are thinking like, oh, well, this is such a great match.
Speaker 2: A headlock is a headlock as a headlock.
Speaker 3: I don't need a he I don't need to see.
Speaker 4: A headlock for twenty minutes. Can you get the story told in the amount of time that you got it? Got got to tell the story.
Speaker 1: I remember we were joking. I think it was thirty last night and now, okay in the man was beginning right, Yes, this match twelve was long. We all said Roman's entry is gonna take a half hour, then take a half hour. Then you goat stays up a good ten minutes, then to Logs and hell Longs and yeah, but.
Speaker 4: They told both hats off to Roman and Punk Man. I thought they told a great story throughout. I mean, and the ending of it, right, the ending of it goes back to Roman's promo when he said you're old. Punk's body gave out on him, you know, I mean, we've seen him do that spot several times over the last couple of years, and when he got down to him and Roman doing it, he couldn't do it because his.
Speaker 2: Body gave out. He was old.
Speaker 4: They were telling the story and the punishment was too much for him. So, I mean, I thought it was a great story that they told throughout, and.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed the main event, but.
Speaker 4: I think I think out of the main events, it was probably one of the better main events over the.
Speaker 2: Last few years.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick as you are.
Speaker 2: Recording, despite the referee, but go ahead, real.
Speaker 1: Quick as we're as we're recording right now. I just want to just a second ago, right, the wrestling in the Nerds podcast just dropped. Everybody stop us. It goes to that nothing the Nerds just came out just now, what's many forty we're talking about to also check it out real quick. What are you saying, you're just cutting off again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just and despite despite the referees, you know, I just I enjoyed that that main event. I mean, I go back tonight one. I actually enjoyed the match with Cody and Roman, Cody and Randy. Yeah, I enjoyed the match. I mean, people were screaming about Jelly Row being involved. I'm like, the match hadn't even started at that point.
Speaker 1: That was that was so bad. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: It was yeah, I mean him doing that little his little move or whatever. I'm like, he's not a wrestler, so he's not supposed to do it perfect. But I you know, I still I still like them getting you know, getting.
Speaker 2: Old boy out the way.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, he took him out the way and then he comes back. So I'm sure that there's gonna there's gotta be some little social media leak at some point of something backstage of him getting the referee outfit. There'll be something on social media as something that's so whether we got to watch the next unreal to see it happen or whatever. But he's you know, how he got the referee outfit to come back out there, and I really think you know, people are like, well, why why did Randy sit there in r KL because he counted too slow?
Speaker 1: So you have, yeah, good two things, right. I'm hoping that they show him fighting referee and him like taking to the closet, beat him up clothes. I hope that happens. I wanted to happen so badly. And number two is I hate to beat this guy right now. I hate to beat this guy right now, but I'm going to just because you do realize right that, like there's no reason why if he had counting three it'd be valid. He's not a referee, so see, so why is Randy mad? He's not a free to begin with.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's got TKL behind his back. They could have made it official. I mean TK put him in there. Nobody came out to stop him. That's the referee. Nobody came out there. Mean you could have saw foreign to Adam Pearce as he liked to call him, you know, some running out there or something.
Speaker 1: But we were talking about earlier, right, So how do you feel about involvements and creative.
Speaker 4: I honestly, honestly, I mean all, I think all that speculation, I don't think that they're involved in creative at all. I think there was nothing to do with it. I think that's just the internet rumor, uh, and how they're telling the.
Speaker 3: Story, right.
Speaker 4: So that's that's the way I feel with that as far as you know, t k Oh, I mean, I think they're ruining the w W because they're trying to make it too corporate and they're taking out their snatching out the lifeblood of what the w W is about, and it's about families.
Speaker 2: Then when you got corporate.
Speaker 4: Dollars sitting there, you get a whole different crowd, you know. I mean people were more entertained than there by watching the guy from the forty nine ers drink beers than actually, you know, what was going on in the ring, because you got the wrong type of people there, and then you know, yeah, he ca Overall, they're going to think, well, you know, whatever they did at the end worked to get that increase in ticket sales, because they bumped up almost you know, twelve thousand tickets in the last week. A lot of people did walk ups and bought you know, I think I heard Jonathan Coachman say that a friend of his bought a ticket in the third row for one hundred bucks for night one, an hour before the show. So he said that, he said when he looked that ticket up, when coach looked that ticket up, that as a comparison, that that ticket was six thousand dollars hm hmm, right, and he got it for one hundred bucks an hour before the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not even bad. And for me, it's even bad FORMIA standards, right, how like how like how high thorough b that'd be like third row?
Speaker 3: I mean this is like you're.
Speaker 4: You're three back, not not third third section, three rows back from from the ring.
Speaker 1: Oh so you ran okay bad for one hundred bucks, you know, yes, good, that's a good deal.
Speaker 2: That's a real good deal.
Speaker 1: It's just you right, yeah, that's a that's a real good deal.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So I mean that's gonna be a lot of that going forward. You know, people are gonna sit there and wait to the last minute to buy these tickets just because you know they're pricing new people out. I mean, this card, if you would have sat there and done this same match under events, if you had this exact same card.
Speaker 2: The minute Mania.
Speaker 4: Was announced, it would have sold out in an hour and it really wouldn't have mattered. If they went back to Vegas two years in a row, they could have done it and it would have sold out in an hour.
Speaker 1: M hm, real quick. So uh, the pre match, the beginning, the middle, and the post match. Wait, give me your thoughts on the on the Cody versus Rainy Night one made events like everything about it.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: The story pre everything leading up to it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a very good story.
Speaker 4: I love the entrances with with Cody and telling the story over time, getting down to.
Speaker 2: The ring, and the.
Speaker 4: Uh Pat McAfee coming out with with Randy and trying to be a little version of Paul and and then you get Jelly Roll's appearance, Like, yeah, as bad as that looked, you know, it was fine.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 4: And then the thing that Jelly Roll said is now we get the one on one match that we wanted all along with no interference. That's what Jelly Roll said, said, he yelled that out. So I was fine with all of that. The match I thought was was was really decent. I thought the match was good. I just did not like the how they stayed outside the ring, saying, you know, it just it happened again with you know, taking all the credibility off the referee.
Speaker 2: In that match, and.
Speaker 4: You know, and if you just saw like two rookies do this, you know, they would have probably been shipped back to NXT.
Speaker 3: You know, by by.
Speaker 4: This morning, they'd have been back in NXT, if not gone. But when you got you know, veterans doing it, it's like, yeah, it took all the to me, it took all the credibility off the referee, and it's like, you know, why don't we just make it a street fight at that point. I know a lot of people were upset that Cody when Pat came back in the ring, that Cody didn't kick Pat in the going, But I'm like, no, he was saving that up for Randy because Randy was the one who kicked him first. You know, Cody seemed like he was getting a little bit more healish in his ways even with the kick.
Speaker 1: Like I was half choking that night a double turn mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seemed like they were going that way, but they didn't pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was it was interesting.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good. I mean, was it was it.
Speaker 2: A great match. I don't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was entertaining to me, so like I got caught into it. I watched him watch.
Speaker 1: Well I feel about the post.
Speaker 4: Match, Oh, Randy kicking him in the head.
Speaker 3: It's like.
Speaker 4: You've seen Randy a few times think about doing it, think about doing.
Speaker 2: It, and then when he finally did it.
Speaker 3: It was like, ooh and uh, I was kind of surprised.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was kind of surprised by it. I was kind of surprised they did it and that they're going to carry on the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, right, I'm trying to find a time signature on the Oh three means three eight minutes ago, so like thirty eight minutes ago as we were recording, right, I'm not going to post some official thirst seat radio on Instagram from Dirty World dot com and it's saying so the headline is TKO president Mark Shapiro confirms TTO has full control of w W Creative, spends lots of money to bring in stars and market ww right, and the caption is reading speaking at the University of Alabama, a student acts TKO president Mark Shapiro about to proceed overalliance on celebrities in WW do the TKO. Shapiro confirms that TKO has full control of WW creative and are responsible for the increased celebrity usage. He says he disagrees with the idea that it's a bad thing having these well we've spent him to say, is a good thing. Having these Hollywood tie ins and stars on the show is not new, but TKO is spending a lot of money to market WW now. Shapiro admits that spreading the WW product across multiple streaming services will chase long chase long time fans away, so he hold on a minute, admits, wait what. Shapiro admits that spreading the WW product across multiple streaming services will chase long time fans away, but he compares this to MLB bands who have to spend a thousand dollars across ten platforms. He says, this is just the way of the world.
Speaker 4: Hm hmm.
Speaker 1: We've built on this.
Speaker 4: I think it's a bunch of bs because we're not we're not MLB, we're not NFL, we're not in NBA.
Speaker 2: It's wrestling and and this stuff is.
Speaker 4: Fan fan generated. You know, you're only around because of the fans. You're not around because of these other other deals. So yeah, I don't like this at all. I think it's a bunch of crap. And yeah, it's it's just it doesn't it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Brand because I was trying to say that hands are kind of tied because and this kind of confirms why I said, mh you know TQ, because they're a parent company, all right, so triple his hands are kind of tired. He's very limited because at the end of the day, it's their call, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Well, oh man, I'm gonna have to go because I need to hop on another call.
Speaker 1: All right, go do that. I'm gonna go do other things, all right, you gotta go. Hey, all right, I say the numbers, all right, so's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, come back in an hour. Really because Richard and Alec Hama, I got a whole bunch of guests who can come on. So stay tuned for that. I'm back in an hour. Stay tuned w W s t PO dot s g P Radio dot com. Also, like I said, if you need help, go get it. Shout out to talk Space, one of our sponsores. Okay, so I'm a fast track away when he helps. All right, So go w go to ww dot SGP radio dot com. Click on sponsors. It's gonna be one of the things. Click on the Twitter, it'll see talkspace. It's online therapy, so check that out real quick, all right. It's covered by damn near any insurance, so again, so yeah, do that real quick. All right. Well, let me charge my stuff because I'll be back in the hour, so let me uh