Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out The podcast version of The Sandy Show. You can listen live every morning on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one, and you can also stream it on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: My name is Sandy.
Speaker 1: This is my beautiful, talented, it's somewhat acerbic wife who eats cereal with a fork.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I do not, and I had cereal for dinner last night.
Speaker 2: You want.
Speaker 3: My new favorite cereal to eat is frosted miniwheats. Well, where did that come from? I feel like it's in the same line as my new obsession with cottage cheese. I feel like it's very It's like an older person cereal to eat.
Speaker 2: It's a more mature person.
Speaker 4: It's a mature cereal.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you've gotten away from fruit loops and lucky charms and all those other things that have all that red dye and it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna kill you.
Speaker 4: Stop lucky charms and fruity pebbles. May I have the worst? God, I love a fruity pebbles.
Speaker 2: They're the worst for you.
Speaker 3: Oh, but they're so delicious. But here I am being all mature eating frosted miniwheats. What's going on with you know, I don't know. You've grown up trash.
Speaker 4: That is not as fun as fruity pearles.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Between that and your cottage cheese, you are really.
Speaker 3: The cottage cheese obsession is not dying either, I am. It's my to make sure that I have cottage cheese for breakfast each morning that I haven't run out is along the same stress level as to make sure I have coffee for the next morning. Oh really, Yeah, isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: It is? It is. You're getting old.
Speaker 4: Trish cottage cheese. It got me.
Speaker 1: Next thing, you know, you'll be putting cottage cheese into the middle of.
Speaker 2: A cant beach.
Speaker 4: I will not do that.
Speaker 3: I'm at least I'm making the cottage cheese my own, with some pistachios and a little maple syrup.
Speaker 4: I will not go half a peach cottage cheese.
Speaker 1: I remember going to like cafeterias and stuff back in my grandparents and yeah, there'd be a half a candalope with cottage.
Speaker 4: Cheese in the middle next to the jello.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I passed that by, and I went straight for the apple and cherry cobbler, right, and the whipped cheese.
Speaker 4: Pie pie oh so good.
Speaker 2: What's the first thing that made you laugh tonight?
Speaker 3: Parenting is weird because I would die for you, but I also don't want to cook you dinner, right god, right?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The feeding of the child and making sure there's the food to feed the child, and preparing the food for the child to eat every day, it's too much.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, a lot. Three times a day.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes she wants to snack too. That's like four times a day she wants.
Speaker 1: You and I have gotten pretty good about making her some lunch, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take to school.
Speaker 4: She's real tired of sandwiches though.
Speaker 1: Well I know, but every time she says that, I go, okay, go to school and eat the hot dog bun filled with macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 2: They laugh that at school once.
Speaker 4: Oh that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gross.
Speaker 3: She instead of us trying to figure out what to make her for lunch, she needs to let us know what she would like for lunch, and then we will make it happen.
Speaker 1: She's also almost sixteen years old. She can start making her own.
Speaker 4: Oh, but that's the problem.
Speaker 3: She will not make her lunch and then she'll just seat the crap at school and it is crap food.
Speaker 4: It is school terrible. It's horrible, horrible.
Speaker 1: So anyway, uh, coming up, Tricia is going to share with us the story we love.
Speaker 2: What a he going?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: We got to talk about the draft? Should Sanders?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That prank call, I've got it.
Speaker 1: I've got the audio. If you haven't heard the prank call that he got, it's hysterical.
Speaker 4: It's not hysterical. It's awful. It's so mean.
Speaker 1: It'd be awful if it was if it happened to some nice kid somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, one didn't call himself legendary all the time, right right, I know, but still it's awful.
Speaker 1: All right, stay with the story we Love and more coming out on Austin's eighties station one O three point one. More people paid attention to the NFL Draft this year than probably ever before for one reason. Should her Sanders not getting drafted? Yeah, in the top four rounds.
Speaker 3: The waiting and waiting and waiting to see if and when it would happen, and.
Speaker 1: He got trolled with a rank phone call. We've got it for you in just a second. Thanks for being with us. Grab the Sandy Show podcast. We can't be here for the whole show. It's real easy. We've been It's super simple. Just search the Sandy Show wherever you get podcasts the stories.
Speaker 4: We love from the Lesterholt Studio. Let's welcome Trisha Delicia.
Speaker 3: All Right, this is the first time I've ever been interested in the NFL Draft at all, and I didn't know to jump in until like Friday night when the headline started coming out.
Speaker 4: Right ready, he's not aware.
Speaker 3: Shader Sanders, who is the son of Dion Sanders, plays for Colorado, which is also the team that Dion Sanders coaches. For a month now, they've been talking about him being a top three pick in the draft. He did not get drafted until the fifth round. They thought he was going to be in the top three. A lot of it is because people say, not because of his not his skills not being up to par, but because of his attitude.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's the boy who wears the word legendary on his shirt. What is the thing with.
Speaker 1: The watch splashes his two hundred and fifty thousand dollars watch it.
Speaker 2: People just holds it up everybody to see.
Speaker 4: He wears in their faces.
Speaker 1: He wears a lot of bling. He's very very cocky in area. His dad has gassed him up for years, right.
Speaker 3: And apparently in one of the interviews with some of the players leading up to the draft, somebody, one of the people who was in the interview came out and said, that might have been the worst interview by an athlete that I have ever been to him talking about what he was going to do, not what he was going to do based on what coaches asked him to do, just so full of himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a I mean with some of the stuff that I read, he is one of those type of players and people that can poison a locker room, right, like really make things bad.
Speaker 3: Not a team player, all about him. So instead of being picked in the top three picks, he wasn't picked until the fifth round by the cleve Lynn Brown's. But here's the bigger story, which I didn't think that one could be topped. Somebody prank called Shuldar Sanders what Saturday night, Yeah, and pretended like they were from the New Orleans Saints. Now here's why this was kind of believable and then unusual.
Speaker 4: Leading up to the draft.
Speaker 3: Shouldar Sanders got a phone number that only the NFL had access to so only somebody from the NFL could call him. When it was his time to be picked, his phone rang on that special NFL phone and somebody impersonated in New Orleans Saints coach.
Speaker 2: Love, let me play it for everybody? Hell, what was going on? Let's make you home? This here?
Speaker 1: Damn the thanks?
Speaker 2: How you going?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Been waiting on you to go? Yeah we have. It's been a long wait, man for sure. And I take you over our next yek right here? Man, Yeah, let's you're gonna have to wait a little bit longer. That okay?
Speaker 1: That created what that means?
Speaker 2: Does that mean? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I apologize. It wasn't the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 3: The prank caller, after investigation, turned out to be Jack's Olbrick, the son of the Atlanta Falcons defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrick.
Speaker 4: He went over to.
Speaker 3: His parents' house, saw the phone numbers on not because his dad gave it to him, accidentally saw him, wrote down Shooter Sanders number, and prank called him. The NFL launched a huge investigation. His dad found out maybe he'd confessed to his dad. He's already called the Sanders family and apologized.
Speaker 4: To them over the phone.
Speaker 3: He also put out an Instagram post saying I am so sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, what's funny is that the Sanders family was live streaming, yes, the whole thing while they were waiting for them to call his name.
Speaker 2: That's how I got caught on video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got caught on video, and as soon as they realized that it was a prank, they cut the feed. Yeah, but he did, saying I made a tremendous mistake. What I did was an excusable, embarrassing, shameful. I took away from your moment. Thank you for accepting my call earlier today, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. You know, that boy he's twenty one, but his dad beat his bike.
Speaker 4: That boy is grounded.
Speaker 3: He almost probably could have cost his dad his job with the Atlanta Falcons and NFL is still investigating.
Speaker 4: Ugh, oh my lore.
Speaker 2: I think it's hysterical.
Speaker 3: I think it's a terrible thing to do. I mean a little less terrible because I do feel like it brought sanders ego down a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still terrible.
Speaker 2: That is the story. We love. Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: If you're an Austin night or Central Texan and you like your morning radio from people that actually live and work in Austin, Texas talking about local things.
Speaker 2: Will be here for the JB and Sandy Hour.
Speaker 1: It's coming up at seven on Austin's eighties station.
Speaker 2: One oh three point one and streaming on my Heart radio app.
Speaker 1: It's amazing what you guys, What catches your attention to me?
Speaker 2: It always has amazed me. But we talked last week.
Speaker 1: We're talking about things that you've been getting been brainwashed and believing you need. And one of them was an eleven or twelve step skincare routine. Rights like nonsense. You only need three yep.
Speaker 3: I've tried those really complicated skincare routines in certain days and certain times one of them where it's exhausting. I landed on something called skin cycling, which only requires three items, and I absolutely love them. I will share them with everybody. And skin cycling is when you do one thing, one thing on the first night, one thing on the second night, and do the same thing on the next two nights, and then you just start the cycle over again. On night one use a leave on exfoliant. Now I use Paula's choice exfoliant. It's a brand Paula's choice, not very expensive. That's what you do for night one is exfoliate. Then for night two you use a retinal my dermatologists suggested different which is like an acne formula can bite at Walgreens.
Speaker 4: Not expensive at all, but it has retinyl in it.
Speaker 3: So night two is retinal, and then nights three and four you simply use a moisturizer or a serum and that kind of lets your skin kind of repair itself from the exfoliating and the retinal.
Speaker 4: You did those for two nights.
Speaker 3: I use biosants squalaan oil s q U A L A n E. Also I used the Squalen oil is just my daily moistreizer. But after those four nights and you just start back over with the exfoliant so exfoliant retinol. Two nights of moistrizers and you just do it over and over. You even commented on my skin not too long ago.
Speaker 4: You even notice that it looked good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those were good. It does so like when you were doing the eleven or twelve step thing. Was that all in one day twelve step.
Speaker 3: Thing or yeah, I mean it was you did like six things in the morning. Certain some of the same products used at night you also used in the morning, but there were different ones for morning and different ones for night. And some of them were only three days a week and some of them were five days. It was like you had to have a spreadsheet as to know what to do. But I came across the skin cycling. I don't even know where I thought I'd try it.
Speaker 2: And how long have you been doing it?
Speaker 3: Probably a year and a half. Oh wow, Yeah, it's so simple. Three products, three products. I can post it on my Instagram page that are sent it to me, and.
Speaker 1: I'll post it on hours because I think our listeners would love to.
Speaker 4: Have it right now.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not, I mean, these are just the products that I chose on my own. You can use any kind of exfoliant, any kind of retinol, any kind of serum or a moisturizer. I'll just give you let you know which ones I use if you want to try those as well.
Speaker 4: But it's super easy.
Speaker 3: One of the ladies who emailed me asking for her name is Kate, and she's emailed me and she's like, I.
Speaker 4: Love, love love listening to the Sandy Show. Oh nice, shine up so nice. Everybody was so nice.
Speaker 1: Who asked, Well, in case the people might want to know what my skin routine is, dial soap, dial soap, dial soap, that's all I need? All right, Well, that's good stuff, Tricia. Really, you're not pushing a product. You're just pushing a Are you just informing everybody of a routine?
Speaker 3: People asked me, and so we've got enough females that I was like, I'll just tell people again. Yeah, I'm not pushing a specific product. Just this skin cycling is something I've found. You can use any product you want for it, but it seems to really work and it's simple.
Speaker 2: All right, stay with us.
Speaker 1: We have more coming up on what Oh three point one, Austin's eighties station, and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Care Don't Care coming up in just a second.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us. If you're a brand new listener just checking out the show. Hello, my name is Sandy. This is my wife. Yes, you heard that correctly, Tricia.
Speaker 4: Hi, everybody.
Speaker 1: We've been married for seventeen years. We've got a fifteen year old daughter that's going to be sixteen in just over a month, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: She's about to finish her sophomore year in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, right, two more years of high school?
Speaker 3: All right, Sandy, I'm gonna save that health risk that can kill you for last. Really, if everybody engaged?
Speaker 4: All right, here's when an animal news. Do you care? Don't care?
Speaker 3: To find out what a new type of caterpillar in Hawaii does in order to camouflage itself from spiders. This is brilliant, if I do say so about this little tiny caterpillar.
Speaker 4: Caterpillar news, Yeah, caterpillar news.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll care.
Speaker 3: He wears dead bugs like clothing to camouflage myself from spiders because those spiders want to eat.
Speaker 2: Them, and spider won't need a dead one.
Speaker 3: Spider won't eat a dead bug, I guess. I guess the spiders just want the caterpillar cutters can tell the bugs dead.
Speaker 4: But he knows to put those dead bodies at those bugs.
Speaker 1: On Like christmind's this whole day looking for dead insects so he can hide himself from everyone.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's when he sleeps.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe some when he's not paying attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's so smart, pretty clever, all right, Sandy, do you care, don't care? Well, do you want to feel old? Find out what New Kids on the Block are releasing. Remember New Kids on the Block. Oh yeah, a little after our day, but they were huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Not really a boy band kind of guy, but sure.
Speaker 3: They're releasing a thirty fifth anniversary edition of their Step by Step album.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, five years anniversary.
Speaker 4: How did that happen?
Speaker 2: Right? Nineteen ninety? My gosh, that's crazy to think.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: And I think they're still out on tour, going back out on tour.
Speaker 1: I would do if I were them. I've got a friend Michelle. She loves them.
Speaker 3: Loves them for five years. Yeah, nonsense, all right? You ready to find out what's killing people?
Speaker 1: You said, this is something you come in contact with every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: They have discovered high levels of the hormone disrupting chemical BPS in paper receipts. They're saying that holding a BPS laced receipt, even for just seconds, can have serious health consequences because the chemicals in the receipt are estrogen mimicking chemicals and can totally throw off the normal functioning of the body.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've heard this before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought I've heard it for like carbon receipts. Maybe it's just like that three mile long CBS receipts you get.
Speaker 4: Kill you could kill you.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna take a pair of tweezers paid like tongs from the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Just grab my receipt.
Speaker 4: With that, just say no the receipt.
Speaker 2: I never take a receipt.
Speaker 3: There's no rhyme or reason as to when I take a receipt or when I don't take a receipt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: When they ask yeah, I'm like sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: The few times that I do take it, it's come in handy.
Speaker 1: Although most places when you return something that if you use this same card, they can look it.
Speaker 4: Up, right, you don't them as much.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's Karen don't Careen. Thanks for checking out the podcast version of The Sandy Show. You can listen live every morning on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one, and you can also stream it on the iHeartRadio app