Speaker 1: Ripped off, bad news.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running susas as we can show Shooter's gonna help. Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show, No Tol Martinez.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show. But it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life just a little bit better. Maybe a lot of it. I'd like to do that as well. But here's the deal. You've been ripped off or taking advantage of, maybe a bad contractor a bad landlord. I use all kinds of examples. For hell, a bad dentist. It really doesn't matter. We love digging our teeth in. I've got Deputy Scotch to my right, Deputy d my beautiful wife Suzanne in studio with me, Kelly on the other side of the glass, and big Man Shannon, who's a joking minute on her YouTube feed. By the way, you can find us on YouTube live right now. You simply type in Troubleshooter Network. You'll be able to see our beautiful faces and of course hear us during the break. It's another way to watch the show. Within the show right now, I do have lines open three three, seven, one, three, eight, two five five any questions you have. We have a group of people at referral list dot com, including contractors, attorneys and everything in between that are there to help you answer your questions and help you regain money as well. In fact, our people at referral list dot com go out on seeing more than any other place I know. Let me give you an example. You got a problem with the contractor on Angie's List. You ever talked to Angie? I doubt it. You can talk to us all the time right here at referral list dot com if you've got a problem with people on our list. And on top of that, these are people that go out and help you. If a contractor did rip you off and we need a second opinion, we can send one of our experts out to write up a report for us to see what we're dealing with, to go after the bad guy. Now I digress. A couple things in the news I must talk about. I must. You know, people are gonna say, oh, it's political, Well you can call it what you want, but it's consumer news. I don't care what you say. You know this moron Mayor Mike Johnston, he is a moron to me. You know what, I think it was what five point no is way more than five five hundred and fifty fifty five million dollars or whatever. The amount was to revamp downtown so the restaurants could start doing better and bring more people down there. Well, not only has he not done that, the amount of I'll just say it straight up, the amount of crime down there is absolutely insane. It's to the point now where I don't even know what to make of it. You can get stabbed just going down to a restaurant now. In fact, the stabbings are getting to the point I feel like I'm in Oakland or possibly San Francisco or something along those, because it just doesn't seem to stop. I think it was two nights ago, yet we had another. In fact, I wrote myself some notes here I'm gonna pull up February twenty fourth. The stabbing occurred on the RTD bus near Colfax Avenue and Grant Street. That was a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if nine News reported that. I try to watch nine News every day just to get the other side of the isles opinion. And I'll tell you if they did mention it. They spent about five seconds on it, but they'll sure bitch about doze all the time and cutting costs back February twenty first three separate stabbings. This was like within the last week six days ago. Took overnight Curtis Park, five points neighborhood, Bamham Park, January eleventh and twelve. Remember that four stabbings occurred on the sixteenth Street mall. It was one guy over two day period stabbed four people. I think he two if I recall one with the stewardess. This is Mike Johnston and his best Now this moron. Yes, Mike, I hope you're listening because I'd love to have you on someday. My understanding is you won't go on with Mandy, you won't go on with Ross, you won't go on with us, you won't go on with anybody. I don't know why, Well, yeah I do. You'd be stupid to come on because what are you gonna do? What are you possibly gonna say? But when you think someone was as dumb as a rock and goes.
Speaker 4: To the next level.
Speaker 5: He is floating the idea of a twenty percent service charge to tackle restaurant Roe woes in downtown Denver. This just came out Deborah Grigsby. She works for the Denver Gazette dot com. Listen to this A twenty percent So if you go to a McDonald's in Denver, it's gonna be twenty percent more than one in Aurora or Lakewood. If you want to have a nice dinner when you you go downtown, it's gonna cost twenty percent more than it would right across the border. Now, is this not the dumbest idea ever? If I'm going to go to a yard house and have a nice dinner and a beer, where am I gonna go?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 5: Am I gonna go downtown Denver? Or am I gonna go to Douglas County or anywhere besides Denver where I don't have to pay the twenty percent? I mean, are you trying to put the restaurants out of business? And on top of that, he's going to tax that twenty percent so Denver will get their cut, and then you'll still pay a tip on top of that, So you'll pay the twenty percent fee, whatever the hell that's for. You'll pay taxes on the twenty percent fee. But you know what I digress. Now that I think about it, I get it. Denver offers something Douglas County doesn't offer or a Rapo County. You get the full Denver experience. You might get stabbed, a homeless guy might shake you down. For a twenty you get to actually get the full extra experience of going out to eat for that extra twenty percent. It's like dinner in a show, but you don't have to go to a show.
Speaker 1: Mark You're forgetting about the rest of the experience, which is downtown smells like p.
Speaker 7: And vomit year round.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you have to wear safety shoes for you might step on a needle.
Speaker 5: It's basically like going to Gaza. You know, it's like the Gaza experience right here locally. So, Mike Johnston, I'm telling you right now that would be even dumber than the other dumb things you've done. And then I saw something on nine News yesterday too talking about how come and all across the country deaths are down. OD deaths are down. Well, maybe it's because we what hand needles out, give them safe zones. Why do you think ours haven't changed, well, when around the country they have changed.
Speaker 4: Morons.
Speaker 1: Well, for one thing, Colorado is taking the lead on legalizing drugs.
Speaker 5: Had every homeless in the world move here, Demitri because of that.
Speaker 1: Well, now we've got every junkie in the world on the way here because they finally legalized.
Speaker 5: My oh, got to get our psychedelics in while we're smoking the pot, you know. Can you believe it? Till twenty percent on restaurants. He actually thinks that's a fix to get more business downtown. Let's raise prices twenty percent higher than everywhere else around, and that's going to help business for restaurant owners that agree with that. I would love to hear from a restaurant owner in Denver that agrees with your prices being twenty percent higher. Here's what it says, hold On, Suzanne. Denver Mayor Mike Johnston wants to add a twenty percent service charge to local restaurant tabs tabs, then tax it to help restaurants cope with the city's minimum wage and promote Oh huh, Now wait a minute, let's see that. So they made minimum wage in Denver go up, and now now they have to charge so much for food that no one's going there. So the fix to it is what's charged twenty percent more. My god, is he stupid. I cannot even believe he is coming out in public floating this idea.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe it.
Speaker 1: Well, Mark, I think that's very difficult to say in this matter where incompetence ands and malfeasans begins. So it would be really nice to know what the motivating factors are behind this decision are floating this kind of.
Speaker 5: A Johnston told City Cast Denver, a popular podcast. Yeah, I'd like to see who's listening to this thing, you know what. I'm just so sick of it. We're going to end up like the worst of the worst cities out there if someone doesn't fix things, and that's you out there listening right now, the voters. You have to do it. This is the most moronic idea I've ever had. This is from a consumer advocate standpoint. You don't raise prices and then expect more people to come when they can just go to any other county in the world. It's absolutely ridiculous. Suzanne and I used to go downtown and watch a show and then we'd go over to eat at Sam's Number three, or we'd go to a fancy steakhouse. We'd walk to sixteenth Street. Mall, maybe stop at a bar getting ice cream. My god, if you do that now, you'll get stabbed. It's absolutely absurdity, and I don't understand for the life of me why anybody puts up with it. I would love to know why you voted for these people. I would just love to know it. I'd love to hear any argument on what this guy has done that's good. Mike Johnston, name one damn thing he's done that's good, because I'd love to know. I'd love to be able to tow a horn for him at some point. Jim's got a comic, Go ahead, Jim.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mark, I've lived here all my life, in Colra, I've never seen it so bad. I was on seventy six going towards my daughter's house yesterday and I was hitting so many potholes, all the trash around. Mike Johnson, Jerry Poules ain't doing nothing. You know what, I like to see them in a good year, blimp, I'd take a couple of shots.
Speaker 5: Let's not get crazy on that, man. You know, I appreciate the call, but that's uh. I'm not I know, it's no way. I don't want people advocating putting these guys in a blimp and taking shots at them. That's where I draw the line.
Speaker 6: Well, anyways, they ain't doing anything that with our roads. They ain't picking up the trash. Where's all these inmates that are supposed to be cleaning up?
Speaker 5: They're probably staying at a nice hotels with the Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: The other thing that drives me nuts is yeah, once again nine News. And I know this is a cross and I hate to pick on nine News, but you can ask WWS in do I not sit there and watch at least a half hour of nine News almost every day?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Kyle Clark, yep, I have to. I got here with comrades. Got to say. I love it and what he gets on and he bitches about dose and it drives me crazy. But people that just got stabbed he doesn't talk about. Now, I'm not saying he never does. And Kyle, if you ever happened to listen, I listen to you every day, So you can't be that upset. I mean, you're my source of the alternative news, and I mean that you're You're a perfect painting of what I don't understand. Hey, Jim, I do appreciate your call. Now listen any consumer issues. I had to get off on that tangent because you know what. You know who just joined us in studio, Chris Console. He owns discount bath dot com. Chris, first of all, welcome in hit that Mike. Did you hit that traffic on twenty five? That accident?
Speaker 7: I did? I had to get around.
Speaker 5: We had three or four fire trucks. We barely We had them coming up on our side when we were pulling in. And then I saw the accident. It did not look like I mean, full blown fire trucks. It did not look like a three four five truck accident. But I guess it was.
Speaker 7: Might have been a shoe in the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So you're a businessman, yes, And so I was just talking and then I'm gonna somewhat drop it. But Mike Johnston, our mayor of Denver, has he's floating the idea on a podcast. It apparently is a popular podcast called city Cast Denver popular podcast. He's been discussing the idea with restaurant owners of putting a twenty percent service charge to tackle restaurant woe. So if you eat at a McDonald's, say or a Arby's or a steakhouse or anything, it doesn't matter. In Denver, it would cost twenty percent more, and that twenty percent, by the way, would also be taxed so the city would get its share. I mean, could you imagine from a restaurant or a business perspective, if they wanted a bathroom remodel through discount bath if you did it in Denver, it would be twenty percent more if they went through you. If you were based in Denver, it would cost them twenty percent more than if you were based in a Rapo County or Douglas County. Would you ever in a million years base that company in Denver. No, isn't more on it. Could you think of any reason that would help the restaurants.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: If I owned a restaurant in Denver, I'd be finding for looking for a new location.
Speaker 4: I'd be looking for a new location.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe it. This is what happens when you have far left people. And I'm sorry, I'm saying it as it is. That has never been in the business world. I have operated multiple businesses in order to go in and charge in one area twenty percent more to try to revive that area is just stupid.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Sell roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I was talking to our guest or in the break Chris. He's the owner of discount bath dot com. It's pretty cool if you go to your website, Chris. I try to, you know, when we have a guest on like you, I try to just get up to date on everything. But I first of I love your name. I've said that to you on a hundred times discount Bath.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 5: I mean, you guys do exactly what you do. But when I click on schedule of free design at discount bath dot com, what I really like is this project video. It says this is the fastest and most efficient way to get a free estimate, and basically it says, get started.
Speaker 4: And let me hit that.
Speaker 5: Then basically you put your contact information and then basically what do you do? You send like a two to three minute video.
Speaker 4: What does it do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So what we want the customer to do is to do a voiceover as you film it. Hey, I want to take this shower or this bathtub out, put in a shower, I want tile, I want this color.
Speaker 7: Whatever. The more information you give us, the better the BID's got.
Speaker 5: And you guys are looking at that video and going okay, they want to get rid of this tub and put the shower over here, And you get an idea of the size because you guys know bathroom yep. And then you can come up with what I mean, would you say that quote is generally dead on or I'm sure there's a second part where you come out, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Thats so the smaller bathrooms we can get pretty accurate, especially if it's just a shower or a haul bath. We can, you know, if you tell us what you want in there, we can get you within I don't know, a few.
Speaker 7: Hundred dollars probably it's incredible.
Speaker 10: On the larger projects, we're gonna have to come out there and there's a lot more detail, but we can.
Speaker 7: We can get you in a ballpark. Who is the guy that came out to our house. That's Stephen.
Speaker 4: He's still there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, is he good?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He has ideas.
Speaker 4: So let me give you an idea.
Speaker 5: Suzanne and I we were going to get a bathroom redone. These guys come out and they look at everything, and Suzanne was like, hey, how about if we wanted to get because we have a separate tower shower. We have big walk in shower, and then we have this huge tub that we never use. It's crazy big. It's like it's insanely big. It takes up way too much room for something you never use, right, So we were thinking, why could we move the shower to where the tub is, get rid of the tub, turn that into a big steam shower, and then pop a hole in the drywall where the shower was and make our master room or our master bedroom closet bigger. And he's like, yeah, no problem, and he checked, and he goes up, no load bearing walls. We could do this and this, and then he starts sketching, and he just comes up with all these ideas, and then then you talk about different things like do you want that steam shower, or if you do want a tub, what kind of tub do you want? Do you want it free standing or do you want to sunk in that's like a jacuzzi tub? Do you want one of the fancy toilets? Do you want a regular toilet? I mean he goes through everything.
Speaker 10: Yep, yeah, we covered the whole thing, and just for the record, Steven's one of the owners.
Speaker 5: That oh I didn't know, y yeah, And then the options you guys give coming back, it's like, oh okay, you can say like, oh well, if you want you know, the fancy toilet and you want the steam shower and that kind of California look like closet stuff like that, here's one price. If you just want to redo this shower and make the existing shower into a steam shower, here's that price. I mean, you guys break down every single idea, and then he was even thinking of different things like do you do granted in here? Do you do tile? Do you do something over here? I mean, it truly is like you guys are kind of a full design.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're designed to build and you know, a discount Bath. I mean really, the philosophy behind the company is we've been at these other companies in the past in our career, and we're not the company that's coming in and saying, hey, it's twenty thousand, but if you do it today, it's fifteen.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: No, no, we're just giving you the price this is.
Speaker 10: We're giving you our best price up front, and you know, if it works great, If not, that's okay.
Speaker 5: And I would say if they got three bids and yah, I mean get good bids. I'm not talking you know, some some one man show that's going to be there for eight years and you're going to be calling us because you got a problem. Yeah checking the truck and yeah, yeah, exactly. Literally a plumber, no, a electrician no. But yet they do it all. You don't want that. I mean, these guys use you know, the real deals. So but here here's what I was saying. If you got three real bids, these guys are cheaper. Discount Bath is cheaper. I don't care how well you put it, and if you weren't, it would be crazy just because that's your name, right, Well, I'd give you. I'd give you a lot of crap right here. I'd be like, you should be more expensive bath dot com. Yeah, hey, job, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Jaba?
Speaker 11: Hey, I was just kind of calling in. I was gonna ask for Tom, but I got talked into talking to you, which I love you to death, but I'm not too sure if.
Speaker 12: You don't.
Speaker 11: I don't want you getting excited and sad and everything.
Speaker 5: But I'm trying to know what he's going to ask. Please, Jaba, clue me in here.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm checking I'm checking in for.
Speaker 6: Monday morning at.
Speaker 11: The Rocky Mountain Cancer Center.
Speaker 5: So you're checking in there right now, Monday morning. Oh, I got you. I heard you there. And what kind of cancer do you have?
Speaker 11: Sir? They're saying, there's something on my liver, and there's something on my liv or my kidney, and it's they're trying to get me in as soon as possible.
Speaker 5: Hey, how did you know how did all of this come about? Give us a little shed a little light on it. Did you just go to your primary care because you were having some form of pain or problem and then they did some imaging and now they're shipping you down.
Speaker 11: There bingo and and they've they've been wanding, you know, my liver for like the last ten years, and kind of said, well, yeah, you got a little bit of fatty liver here and there, blah blah blah blah blah. Yeah, and all of a sudden, now I felt kind of like a hard spot right there, and I went in and then they said go to a cat scan and then that's where they saw everything. Gods, I just don't know. I just don't know how to end up. You could say, Dan, I was looking for that till is what I was looking for.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you want to commit suicide?
Speaker 11: Well, it's it's just if it gets so bad, you know, because I'm not doing chemo. I'm not going to do any of that stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm not How old are you? And listen, I'm not a doctor, but I mean i'd like to have this discussion with you just from my perspective, But how old are you?
Speaker 11: I will be turning sixty on September.
Speaker 5: Well you're not even that old. Hold on, man, I promise I'll come back to you first doors. Hold tight. She's got a question on fraud. We have two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We were talking during the break. I'm on that weight loss stuff. I happen to be on a try zeppaitoid. I think it tries epetitz turns reppetite.
Speaker 4: I was close enough.
Speaker 5: I'd love to find the people that name these drugs and just strangle them. The ones that really drive me crazy are the ones, like when they're antidepressants and you see them on TV and they're called like a happy pill or something. You're like, come on, that's a little that's.
Speaker 4: A little overboard.
Speaker 5: But we were talking about it, and uh, you know, Dimitri was asking a question basically, and the truth is, it really does cut out to a food noise in your head, and on top of that, you feel full. So if you eat and then like, let's say you eat half of what you usually would for dinner, or even a quarter of it, and about an hour or two later, like, you're so full, it's crazy. So if you overeat all of a sudden a couple hours later, it's that very uncomfortable feeling, like after Thanksgiving. So after a week or two of being on it, when that dose is right, you're like, oh my goodness, you learn, you really learn how to eat again. And I guess the part that I'm looking forward to is this when I'm off of it in another four or five weeks. I hit my forty five pounds in three to four months wherever. When I hit that, and I am going to hit it, I'm on track. What I'm curious is when I get off does that muscle memory. We talk about muscle memory a lot, Well, I remember how to eat the way I'm eating now or the portion size I should say that I'm eating now, And I'll be curious about that. But I do want to go back to Java job has got an appointment Monday to go down to the cancer center and Jaba, I guess they're going to be looking at all the imaging and kind of telling you a path forward for yourself. And I realize your main question is you know, you don't want to do chemo. You don't want to do any of these things. But I mean, is that what's going to happen Monday? They're going to tell you a road to get better.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's exactly right, you know. And then I just want to know, you know, like when the doctor your primary says, you know, I don't like the predictions on it, but they say it could be a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well so, but when you get closer to that year, what do you I don't want to just sit around like a vegetable.
Speaker 4: Well you're going to learn a lot Monday.
Speaker 5: I think we've all known somebody at some point or personally, someone that's gone through it. You know. What really is remarkable to me, and I think of an uncle of mine, it's the closer he had. He actually had a one or two year term by the doctors. I mean, I don't know how they come up with this, but he actually lived for quite a bit longer, I think almost ten years, but the closer in, the sicker he got. Over time, the human brain seems to almost start I hate to use the word acceptance, but starts to understand mortality. I mean, you know we're not immortal. And I think somewhere the brain shifts thought process is like, okay, this is a normal part of life. But when you're not there, like I'm not there right now, I can't imagine having thoughts like that. I'd be terrified, like you are. What's interesting when I think a liver cancer. Are you a big drinker?
Speaker 12: Jaba?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, all my life I've drank. Did you have a big drinker? But well I quit a long time ago and then I cut back. But you know, I've looked a couple beers.
Speaker 5: Once again, I am far from a physician, but one thing I have heard about, just from doing the show and having numerous different mds in over the years, the liver is quite the craziest organ. I mean, I've heard of cases where you get like a quarter of a fresh liver, and long as you're good and everything is right, that thing can grow to be a normal functioning liver and the person that donated half their liver. You know, a period of time goes by and they have a full liver again. I mean, it's like, really think about that. It's remarked. I can't imagine like cutting my arm off and you wait long enough and your your arm grows back. I mean, it's pretty crazy. But I think a lot of it's going to be your mental outcome. So I mean, I think you just got to be really cool when you go in Monday and have a good outlook. I think that's a very important part to it. I mean you're already thinking of how do I commit suicide, which is come on, man, that's that's crazy. Although we all might go through that at some point where you have those thoughts.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Soudan, you.
Speaker 5: Want to add anything to that.
Speaker 14: Honestly, a difference perspect like what you said, you know, Jaba is like wow.
Speaker 15: That's really that's really jumping the gun.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 15: But get your facts first.
Speaker 14: You don't even know yet what your prognosis is, do you.
Speaker 11: No, not yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, get your facts straight.
Speaker 14: Make sure you have all the information and one day at a time right now, you know.
Speaker 5: And the other thing with Takimo, you're so negative on chemo right now. I don't understand that I'd have that real conversation with whomever on Monday, because chemo can be a ridiculously wonderful thing. You know, you're gonna feel like crap after it, there's no doubt about it. Few people are superman after it, but it can. Actually it's a good conversation to have. You don't understand it. Maybe you knew somebody that went through it and it was absolutely miserable.
Speaker 11: But I mean, exactly right.
Speaker 5: Well then, but that's that's somebody else's journey that somebody else is not yours. So just really have an open mind when they talk to you about things like that.
Speaker 14: I mean, I think just staying positive is really helpful too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's possible.
Speaker 5: Second opinion, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 15: Stay positive right now. I mean, you're just at the beginning of this. You never know.
Speaker 7: Hey, Jaba, this is Chris.
Speaker 10: About twenty years ago, the doctor gave my mom with cancer four weeks to live. Oh my gosh, she's still stubborn and still here. She had years what kind of cancer, if you don't.
Speaker 5: Mind, she had reck cancer?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And they literally were like, you're dying in a month.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had the conversation outside the room and she's not going to be here and she's still here.
Speaker 5: How do they how do they get that kind of time frame?
Speaker 13: So wrong?
Speaker 10: She was in bad shape, but she you know again maybe miracle whatever, but she's stubborn, she didn't want to go.
Speaker 7: She had a positive outlook, and.
Speaker 10: Twenty years twenty years ago, she's you know, she's still cancer free.
Speaker 5: Chris sharing that story is awesome, man.
Speaker 11: Good, Yeah, thank you, Chris. That was That's very upping, uplifting for sure.
Speaker 5: So job. But just keep it cool, man, Hey, call us, call us back next week if you want to kind of give everybody an update. I guarantee people are you know, people are interested now. All of our prayers are going to be with you. So really, man, keep us updated. And I think that's good for you too, all right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, sure will, Thanks guys, appreciate I see it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I got to take a break doors. I promise you're next. I got two lines open three zero three more Martino three oh three Martino.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 9: Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing Dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 13: All right, three oh.
Speaker 5: Three seven one three eight two five five. It's a great time to call. We got lines open. I got two deputies here to get on your problems instantly. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, Hey Doris, what's going on with you?
Speaker 16: Okay?
Speaker 8: This start is two years ago and February twenty twenty three, my so security was stolen and my identity.
Speaker 5: Was How was how was the social Security check stolen?
Speaker 8: It took me three months to get it back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But what I'm asking is I help me out here. I get the identity part. We'll dig into that, Douris. But did someone like steal the check literally out of your mailbox or did they log into your Social Security ge account and change the address. Do they have the same name as you?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 5: They change the bank account, They.
Speaker 8: Logged in and took my direct Express out, got it and put their personal account in.
Speaker 5: That is unbelievable, unbelievable. So what happened right after February twenty twenty three when this happened. I assume you went down to the Social Security Office? You called? What did you do?
Speaker 8: I called, and I had it fixt toor nobody can change it but me and I have to go bysically into than anything smart.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 8: Then now I got there from the Department of the Treasury and they say, I, oh s the a loan that I never took out. Oh my goodness, taking it out of my Social Security two underd a month.
Speaker 5: They're taking it out of your social Security right now, Yes, they are. Oh my god. Do you have a copy of that letter?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 8: I got two copies.
Speaker 5: Here's what I want you to do. Do you have the ability like a smartphone to take a picture of it so we can get it copy of it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 5: Now, when have you gone down to the Social Security Office? Are you here in Colorado or are you in California.
Speaker 8: I'm in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Have you made an appointment to go down there and talk to him about this?
Speaker 8: I have tried, but that nobody will call me back or answer my calls.
Speaker 5: Can you get around? I have no what's your age? Doors, what's your health condition?
Speaker 17: I'm seventy years old.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 8: My vehicle will not I can't get mentions on it, so I have no way of getting there, and I can my husband can help me get there, you know right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So here's what I'd like to do on this. I want to see this letter. And I I hate to even ask you this, but you're sure you never took out an SBA loan?
Speaker 8: No, I have never. I do have a business, but it was always like if I got my check, I purchased it with with katz.
Speaker 5: Or my check or what kind of business did you have?
Speaker 8: It's a basically I never made any money.
Speaker 4: I've lost money.
Speaker 8: Actually, it is like I do te shirts and seat covers and I use Korean rmestones to eat set them.
Speaker 5: Is the is the company name that they're going after for the SBA loan? Is it the same as what your company was?
Speaker 8: I believe that's exactly what I found out this morning because she gave me the business The lady I talked to at the Internal Revenue IRS. They gave me the business license number, and I didn't even have it.
Speaker 5: When did they say you took the loan out? They won't tell me.
Speaker 8: They say they can't tell me anything, how much it is or nothing. They say they can't tell me.
Speaker 5: This is incredible, man, I mean, my brain goes two ways. But once again, I'm gonna ask you this again. I'm not trying to insult you. You're sure that nobody maybe a kid did it and you signed off on it, or your husband or spouse took a loan out. Well, And then I'm trying to think what kind of loan you could have possibly gotten from the SBA for the kind of business you have. Did that business include any property? No, So generally when I think of an SBA loan, I think the most popular is like a five oh four, and the only thing you're going to use that for, for the most part, is to buy property. So i'd be curious product. Yeah, the product. I mean, usually you're not going to get an this. I'm not saying it's impossible, but not the most common loans by the SBA. So how long would it take you to send us? Can you send Kelly a picture of that in the next couple minutes so I can look at it over break that letter? Okay, all right, hold on, hold on, Kelly, I really want that asap, and I want to look at that. I've got a few ideas here. If it's all BS, I want to see what kind of loan it was when we get our pay for work. Hey, we got some lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three, seven to one to three talk everybody.
Speaker 16: Hold tight.
Speaker 5: We're going to be talking to Chris again with discount bath and a lot more, including a Doris update.
Speaker 9: Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: Ripped of.
Speaker 5: News.
Speaker 3: You need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 4: Run anouss as you can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 14: Come man, this is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Welcome, Welcome to the.
Speaker 5: Only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to make your life, my friends, just a little bit better. If you've been ripped off, you need some help. I do want to hear from you. Our phone number is easy. We have three lines open right now three zero three seven one, three eight two five five. If you need help, I don't care what it is. We have a list of experts along with us right here in this room that can help you big time. And any questions you have about remodeling. We have an expert. Chris, you own's discount bath uh dot com in studio. This guy can uh. You know, it's not just bathrooms. I mean you guys do other stuff. I mean your background is you're a contractor, yeah, a general contractor. Yeah, so but why just bathrooms? Chris had a curiosity.
Speaker 10: Well, that way, we're not putting on a roof one week and doing a bathroom the next.
Speaker 5: YEA, I gotcha. You want to specialize, have the right people in line to do the things you need.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and the guys are you know, muscle memory, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 7: They're just going for.
Speaker 4: Take it quick, yep.
Speaker 5: And we're going to dig into how long a project generally takes. Some stuff like that as we go, but we're talking about all kinds of stuff today. If you join us on YouTube, type in Troubleshooter Network you can watch the show live. Hey Doris, it looks like you sent this. Doris called in last hour and this is pretty crazy. We've done some research already, but she is. She is getting her social Security.
Speaker 15: Looks like it's a garnishment mark.
Speaker 5: It is, and they because she's on social Security, they literally take it right out of your check.
Speaker 15: But it did you read?
Speaker 14: It does start next month and it she needs to cannet or contact the Small Business Administration.
Speaker 15: Have you tried that, Doris?
Speaker 5: Hey, Doris, I have and what do you get there?
Speaker 11: Washington?
Speaker 8: I called the ones in Washington. They said that getting to us was the local and I did that, left messages and they've never returned my messages. Nobody will talk to.
Speaker 16: Me about this.
Speaker 5: When's that first mount coming out of your check?
Speaker 8: Mon Storry?
Speaker 5: It just came out, So you know what, We've got to help her. I mean, this is big time. So, Dimitri, you did a little research, so I just want you to kind of pay attention to what he's saying, because you're not the only one dealing with this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Doris.
Speaker 1: During the break, I did a keyword search for SBA loan fraud and the very first thing that popped up was a huge page that the Small Business Administration has set up to report all kinds of frauds. So it must be like a very very common common issue that they deal with. You can They give you many different options to file this report online. There are a whole bunch of forms you have to fill out want to report the fraud.
Speaker 5: We're actually going to go another step with you. We're going to actually help you and fill out some forms, but you're gonna have to give us all the information, so we are going to do that. We're going to help you. I'm curious, so I'm looking at this and I'm trying to see it doesn't say what kind of loan.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 5: No, it does not say find a loan with the FDA. I believe you, And you know what I'm wondering if it's if it was a fraudulent PPP loan that someone did on your behalf. You know the interesting thing about this, it's not hard to follow the money, although what we're learning with those it is pretty hard to follow the money because there's such rampant fraud and abuse in our government. It's insane. And what I was where I was originally thinking, is where did the disbursement go? Who was it made to? I know you don't know, trust me, I get you don't know. And this letter doesn't say anything. All this letter says is you're screwed. We're gonna start taking money from you.
Speaker 8: And I don't know how long it's gonna last. I don't know how much they.
Speaker 5: Took count I know it's it really doesn't say anything, Oh my business, it's none of your business, and we're taking your money. Let's just say welcome, welcome to the government. Thank god, that'll be a change soon. And how much is your social security by the way.
Speaker 8: Thirteen and twenty seven dollars that's all I live all the month.
Speaker 5: This is crazy. Who wants to listen? Guys?
Speaker 4: You too?
Speaker 5: I mean, this one's not going.
Speaker 4: To be easy.
Speaker 5: Well, actually I say that, I'm not sure how easy it's going to be or not, But the bottom line is you're going to have to spend time with her on the phone, get to the proper forms, get them filled out, and then what I'd really like is the next step. Maybe give it a week after the forms are filled out. See if we don't get any feedback, Maybe use your own emails so you know we're dealing with everything firsthand. And then I think we need to make an appointment with the local SBA and someone needs to go down there with her and basically either drive her down or and her husband down, whatever we got to do. The only thing we have is an account number from the SPA. That's all we have on this. So who wants to really spend the time on this? And I'm not saying that I don't know the caseloads you guys have.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at you.
Speaker 5: You want it, Scott, all right, It's gonna be a tough one, but man, this is life changing stuff here. Yeah, any not all that it is.
Speaker 8: This is not the only thing I'm having I have the irs. Tell me that, and then they're using my name again with the I R S for what.
Speaker 11: Okay, I got a letter here on.
Speaker 8: This that says that I did incorrect W poor for him, And this was dating twenty four and I had an accident on my job and lost my Workmen's comp case this year, and I haven't worked since twenty twenty three. This would be too years this year that I haven't worked.
Speaker 11: Well, I got a little better.
Speaker 5: That's that's gonna be a completely different thing. Let's tackle one at a time here. What's the I R S want to do? I mean, basically, a W four is an employees withholding certificate. I mean, what's wrong with the W four?
Speaker 8: What W four? I haven't done one?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I understand what's going on. She hasn't worked in a couple of years, but somebody filed a tax return using her identity, and so that's.
Speaker 8: I think they're using my mic. Yeah, well, I've got my business I'm which is more of a hobby than a business, as a way of finding these forms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a huge case of identity things.
Speaker 5: Do you have a cop? I mean, do you. Okay, this one is not as easy. But what we're gonna have to do is pull her transcript. You're going to have to log on to her I R S account and literally download the transcript to see what the hell the w fours you went from into anything, I mean, whatever information they have mark.
Speaker 1: Both of these agencies, both the I R S and the Small Business Administration, have their own form to report identity theft. So you got to do that right now. There's a form and an affid davit that's available on both of those websites, and you got to do Doris. If you filed any of those, that's.
Speaker 5: Where that's where he's going to have to a police report.
Speaker 1: But if you do that, then starting.
Speaker 8: And I can't find the forms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're online, So Scott and I will email you. Do you have do you have an email address? Do you use the email doors?
Speaker 5: Jiah?
Speaker 8: I sent my thing over there with this, but I said, I don't submit the Craig does before forms and on the back it says I am subdent to five civil penalty.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's somebody ripped off your identity is now and he and that person is now using it, So you got to fill out those forms right away and submits possible that.
Speaker 4: It is not identity.
Speaker 5: I mean that is a possibility that she got something wrong or her employer from a few years ago.
Speaker 8: How can I do that if I'm not working.
Speaker 1: She said, If I understood Doris correctly, the IRS letter was in response to something that happened for tax year twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 5: This was said December four, No what tax year?
Speaker 2: Though, you know they're not giving that.
Speaker 5: I'm gon send us. I'm going to put you on hold. Listen, make sure Kelly's got all your information. No matter what, Scott's going to reach out to you. We got to tackle one at a time, but that could be you know how long it takes the IRS to match up like a ten ninety nine or a W four that could be.
Speaker 4: From year years.
Speaker 1: It takes years, and most of the time I think it doesn't even happen.
Speaker 5: And generally I don't think so either. So Kelly asked her to send a picture of that too. I do want to see it, but we're done on air with her. We're going to put Scott on this and hopefully get has figured out for this poor lady. She lives on thirteen hundred bucks a month, and they're taken out two hundred for a loan she apparently never got hold on. Three oh three Martino.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven three eight five three oh three Martino, we got lines open. It's a great time to call. You've been ripped off taking advantage of Hey, Chris, I want to ask you discount bath dot com. How much she then the average contractor? Would you guys say you are ten to fifteen percent?
Speaker 10: What somewhere between ten and twenty percent? It depends on the project, but I'd say twenty percent In a lot of cases.
Speaker 5: What's the most shocking thing people generally see when they have a quote done, And I don't care if it's from you or anybody else, someone that hasn't had any remodeling done for a long time, they want to, you know, get it remodeled. What's the most shocking? Is it the cost of say like a plumber, the cost of the actual material, say a new tub? I mean, what what is generally surprising?
Speaker 7: Yeah? It's the overall cost, right, it's just overall. Yeah, it's the overall all. It all adds up.
Speaker 10: And for whatever reason, people have a number in their head that's not based in anything, but well, I think a bathroom should cost ten thousand dollars. And if you were to ask why so, I don't know, because that's how much it costs.
Speaker 5: You know, we never That reminds me of some We almost never go to fast food, but if we're on the road or something and just want to haul, ask to get to where we're going. You know, I stopped it fast food place about a year ago on the road, and I was shocked. There wasn't a dollar menu anymore, like what used to be ninety nine cents of McDonald's, or a dollar for I think it was a double cheeseburger was like four bucks or whatever. Yeah, totally, So people just really when did the cost Was it COVID that just drove everything up, or even pre COVID y, you know, I think it's.
Speaker 10: Just generally speaking, you know, time moves on and things get more expensive, and people haven't done a bathroom for twenty years.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, so there's some of that involved. You know, our prices aren't really that much more than they were four or five years ago. Honestly.
Speaker 10: There are cost increases and they have to go up, but for the most part, it's just the total cost. People don't know what it's going to cost, which is a lot of cases why we're there, right, I need to fix this. How much does it cost? You have an idea what a new car costs, You know what dinner's going to cost. You don't know what a kitchen or bathroom costs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nor do you know like a steam shower. I mean, if you start getting into that kind of stuff, you know I do, Yeah, I mean honestly, okay, the mister steam unit itself, yep. Forget about any labor, forget about even the plumbing to the mister steam just the mister steam unit was eleven thousand, eleven thousand just for that. That didn't include hooking it up. It included nothing except for the unit itself. Now, it's cool as hell, but I mean, like that was sticker shock. I had no idea. I thought a steam shower. And once again, I'm not even talking about the shower. I'm just talking about the steam unit. I was absolutely shocked by it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's a good example, right, you had no idea.
Speaker 5: No, I had no idea. How much do you think someone recoups out of So let's say there in Highland's Ranch, and I'm just I always use that as an example. And the house is let's say twenty twenty, nineteen ninety five, twenty twenty, that's when it was built track Home, and they redo that master bath and turn it in. You know they're not going to go totally insane. I mean, you want it to be nice, but you're not going to spend a million bucks and a seven hundred thousand dollars home. So if they drop let's say that's fifty thousand, fifty thousand to do that bathroom, do you think when they sell that they'll actually get that fifty back.
Speaker 10: According to cost versus value, you're going to get seventy percent of that back. Oh hell, that ain't bad. But you know, I Colorado, your house is going to sell, right, I mean just the way that the real estate market is. Yeah, it's already there's demand and everybody wants to leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that But in that example, if Susannah and I look at two homes, same model in Island's ranch and one of them has a beautiful new bathroom with a steam shower, and the other one's twenty five years old, my god.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the steam shower is going to add value for sure, period, just period, because none of the other houses have it, right, There's very few that are going to have that, So that'll add value to the house recoup. You know, you're going to pay more because you don't have to do something to a house. So the bathroom, whether you get fifty grand more or not, I.
Speaker 7: Don't you know.
Speaker 10: I don't know that the numbers translate one for one. But you're gonna get fifty to seventy percent.
Speaker 5: Well, that's not bad at all because in the meantime that you're living there, you're enjoying whatever you build.
Speaker 10: Exactly and that that's the idea I tell people build it for you.
Speaker 5: What's the biggest thing you guys do at discount bath dot com? And what I mean by that is do you go in and someone's got that old, you know, shower tub and really what they want's a nice walk in low threshold shower or whatever, and they are are you doing a lot of that where you're just doing the shower, You're not doing the whole project.
Speaker 10: We do a lot of that. You know, a question we get a lot. We just did that home show is do you do the whole bathroom? Because there's a lot of companies that will only touch the wet area.
Speaker 5: So we once advertising on TV generally just kind of remodeled that shower.
Speaker 10: Correct and they're telling you, hey, this product that we have, whatever it is, is the best. Yeah, we do everything. You know, File's the best, if you like tyle, Crylic's the best. If you like a crylics parcel surface it right, It just matters what you want. Everything that we provide is quality materials. So what you like is what's best.
Speaker 5: How do you even look at the materials? And what I mean by that is like when you guys came to our house. We didn't know anything. Okay, first of all, I had no idea. If you have a steam shower, you can't have certain material, correct. So we end up pretty much with porcelain. I mean there might be other stuff, but I mean pretty much, you're going to go porcelain correct. And then it's like, okay, what color and stuff? So do you guys have like as you move on in the project, do you guys have like a design center?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Absolutely, it comes to your house though, so that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So what we we've done is we've picked out Steven as a matter of fact, and the other designers get together say this is gonna ninety percent of people are going to like these colors. So you don't have to go to a store and say, wow, there's five thousand colors. I don't know where to start. We've got it narrowed down. This goes with this. We get your design ideas, what you like, and then we start designing that direction. And then if we don't have something with us that really suits you, that's when we go to a store and pick out something other than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you could go to like I'm trying to think of one of the big ones. I was at Yeah, flooring decor, and my god, they have everything. Yeah, there's a lot there. Oh yeah, and then you know you have contractors pricing and all that kind of stuff. But it's incredible. Yeah, I'll tell you the other thing we did. Look, I mean, I'm not bragging, but we're going to be in this house for a while. But that steam shower Suzanne uses all the time. I love it. I did learn this. Don't get into a steam shower right after you eat. It's absolutely your stomach shrinks. Man, it's not good. But we got we put in heated floors.
Speaker 7: We have them at our house. It's my favorite thing.
Speaker 5: It's incredible in the winter, you walk in and the other thing it does. We have a big open bathroom at the heat rate from the floors in there and actually warms the entire bedroom a little.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But man, you get up in the middle to go to the bathroom and bam, you're walking on these heated floors. You're like, oh, that's the crazy.
Speaker 10: We did our main level so the kitchen and the living room, dining room have tile heated floors.
Speaker 5: Are you guys doing a lot of upper end stuff like that.
Speaker 7: We do a lot.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, honestly it's from what you want down on the low end to the high end.
Speaker 7: But we do a lot of everything, A.
Speaker 5: Lot of everything. I mean, are a lot of people putting a lot of money. I mean the steamers and the heated floors. We put in one of those toilets that you know, basically does everything you can imagine.
Speaker 10: We do that on twenty percent probably where you have your team shower, heated floor and you're still going to be saving people that that fifteen to twenty percent. It's still going to be a cost effective way to do it if you want to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I was actually shocked on heated floors. It wasn't nearly as much as I thought. The steam showers what blew me away.
Speaker 10: That's the one you're you're going to add a lot of cost. And you know, the bills and whistles, you can really keep stacking them on.
Speaker 5: Ours is insane. So it's got speakers, it's got a full touch pad that's of course waterproof. You can watch Netflix while you're steaming, you can turn on any music. It's got different color lights, and then.
Speaker 15: The aroma therapy is my face.
Speaker 5: She likes EurOMA. I can't stand it. I don't like the aroma therapy. But actually, if you could get colzone flavored, maybe.
Speaker 4: I'd like it.
Speaker 7: But it might be pizza flavor.
Speaker 5: She likes that floral stuff. I'm like, I don't dig that. The other cool part about it is is the light. You can change all different colors and you can go right on the mister Steam app and turn it on before you get home, so it's all ready to go. How long is yours take to heat up my shower?
Speaker 7: I don't have a steam shower? Does we've got the heat.
Speaker 5: A floors ours takes a half hour to heat up? Yeah, that sounds about right. It's crazy to me. I'm like, why does it take that? But it is. It's every bit of a half hour to get to like one fifteen. Yeah, all right, Hey, Chelsea, I promise I'm gonna come back to you right after this. Any questions you have for Chris, you've been ripped off. Taking advantage of any comments period. We'd love to hear from you. I got uh two open lines three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 9: Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 18: Help.
Speaker 9: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three two five to five. You've been ripped off or taking advantage of We want to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Let's do this.
Speaker 5: Let is pop over to Chelsea. By the way, This hour brought to you Bywaterpros dot net Paul the Waterman. Let me tell you something really cool about Paul. The systems he sells costs about half is a competition half. I'm not kidding. The one we had put in our house, I think we paid about thirty four hundred dollars for and everybody else we had call again all these other people out they were over ten thousand, So I mean that's more than half. But he's got a system, right, now for thirty six hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 5: Not only do you get the water softener a whole house, not at use, not like just the kitchen sake. You get the water softener, and you get the forever chemical filters, meaning all those forever chemicals we hear about everywhere are not going to be in your drinking water at your house. It's an incredible deal installation, everything included less than thirty six hundred bucks. Pauls the man. Check them out at waterpros dot net. Now let's go to Chelsea. Chelsea, what's going on with you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 19: Well, I need some help figuring out what I can do about getting my car back from the mechanic that it's at right now.
Speaker 5: Where is it? Is it in Colorado?
Speaker 17: It is?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: And why did it got to the mechanic. Let's start there at the beginning.
Speaker 19: It had transmission problems right after I bought it, like two days. I drove it for two days.
Speaker 5: Where'd you buy it?
Speaker 19: One hundred and sixty miles on it at a mile high auto sales like a little shopdown on like Santa Fe.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry how many miles were on it?
Speaker 19: Oh? It has all I believe it's a twenty fifteen. I think it has one hundred and twenty okay, thousand miles on it? Okay, but you put one hundred and miles I got it.
Speaker 5: And when was that? When did you buy it?
Speaker 19: I bought a December thirty.
Speaker 5: First, so of last year. So December thirty first, I'm sorry, twenty twenty.
Speaker 19: Four, this past New Year's Eve?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so December thirty first or a few months ago. You buy it, you drive it one hundred and sixty miles, just a transmission problem. I assume you called the dealership back or what happened there? Yes, and then they said bring it over to display.
Speaker 19: No, they said, you have we gave you the three month warranty, so use the warranty. They said, if you have a mechanic that you use, go there, have him do the work under the warranty.
Speaker 5: This is interesting, Chelsea. I need to understand this warranty a little more.
Speaker 16: So.
Speaker 5: When you bought the car from this what was it called mile High what.
Speaker 19: The mile High Auto Sales?
Speaker 5: Mile High Auto Sales. Their vehicle had a three month warranty on it.
Speaker 19: It was from Cars Protection Plus. With the paperwork I was given.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you bring it over to the shop, and did you pick out the shop?
Speaker 16: I did.
Speaker 19: It's the thop that I've used for years.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 5: So you bring it over to the shop and they say it needs a transmission.
Speaker 19: What do they say, Uh, it needs to be Basically, they rebuilt the transmission.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they did they call up the warranty company. Yes, And what did the warranty company see.
Speaker 19: Basically, they told him not to finish the do any work because they needed to get more information from me and then they would need to send someone out to look at the vehicle. Yeah, they called me five minutes later. I talked to them for about five minutes. They called him back and told him what they needed next, and he couldn't provide that because he already did the work on the car. I think, from what I understand, the work was already completed by the time he spoke to the.
Speaker 5: Warranty wouldn't crazy? All this is crazy? Soowa ahead he.
Speaker 19: Wants the warranty company that denied the Queen because they said we couldn't look at it, we couldn't get all the information.
Speaker 5: I don't blame them, I don't blame him at all.
Speaker 19: So I understand that. So I said, you know, with the mechanic, I said, can you work with me? Can we figure something out here? Because on the phone one day he kind of admitted He's like, oh, yes, probably my fault because they probably did tell me the way and I did it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now hold on, I've got hold on. I've got some questions that are really important here. When you dropped it off there, basically you signed something. What did you sign?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 19: I don't know exactly what I signed it was, but I'm sure it was something saying you know, what was wrong? I know he asked me what was wrong with it?
Speaker 5: Well, I assume when you drop it off, Chelsea, hold on, when you drop it off at most places, I don't care if it's an independent or a dealership, generally they're going to have a diagnostic charge down there of whatever. So you drop it off, say hey, i've got a problem. My transmission's not working. I need an estimate. It's some period of time. If it's over say one hundred and fifty bucks, they need to call you and say, hey, you need a transmission. Do you approve it? Did they ever do that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 19: And I told him when I dropped it off. It was a brand new to me car, and I needed the work done through the warranty company because there's no way that I could pay an addition additional five or six thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And what did they say, Chelsea?
Speaker 5: Chelsea?
Speaker 19: He said, okay, okay, So.
Speaker 5: Then he had to deal with the warranty company and he made that initial call. Yes. So, but at that point, according to you, at least the work had already been done.
Speaker 19: From what it sounds like from what I can gather from him and the warranty company, the work had already been Are.
Speaker 5: They saying you authorized it? I mean, let's just get to it.
Speaker 19: Basically. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he when they said hold on, hold on, I want to stick. I want to stick right to that right now when we call them, because we're going to call these people in a minute, they're going to tell us that Chelsea authorized it over the phone for us to do the work. Is that what they really are going to say.
Speaker 19: I don't know what he's going to say. He knew that he was supposed to go through a little I get it.
Speaker 5: Because he actually said that to you. I heard you first.
Speaker 19: Yes, So I don't know if you'll say that I authorize the work I authorize. I definitely authorized him. He told me he had to take transmission apart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how much?
Speaker 19: Was that exactly the parts that needed to be replaced.
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to get these guys on. Hold on, hold on, I want to get these guys on. Tell Kelly the name of the person, Kelly, Kelly, I honestly get these guys on. We've got to get information from these guys. Everybody, hold tight three oh three seven one three A two five five. We have two lines open. Three oh three Martino, I want to talk to mile high Autos or not mile high Auto Sales the actual shop that it's in right now, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up, No obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three, Martino, you got a problem we want to hear from you. I got a couple of lines open, but right now I want to jump right back into this, so h just to recap real quick, Chelsea bought a vehicle from Mile High Auto Sales. One hundred and sixty miles later, there's a big problem. I guess the transmission was no good. Something with the transmission. She brings it over to a shop that she's used in the past, somebody she trusts, and basically drops the car off and ultimately where we're at, and this is great because someone from the repair shop is act Leon James. So we're going to talk to him in a second. But I'm trying to update everybody on what's going on, including James that's listening right now. So according to Chelsea, she brings it over, these guys call from Nichols Auto Repair. They call up the warranty company, and the warranty company says, hey, we've got to talk to the person that bought at Chelsea. And then they called Chelsea and they are going to send out someone to inspect the transmission. And honestly, this is pretty normal most after market companies. You get up to the point of an engine or something in the drive train over a couple grand, they're going to send out, most likely an independent inspector or possibly someone that works for the insurance company to verify what the shop is saying and more importantly, to verify coverage.
Speaker 4: Because here's what scares.
Speaker 5: Me about this real quick, then I'm going to go right to James at Nichols Auto Repair. There's so many different things happening here. One, she had a car with one hundred and sixty miles on it from when she bought it, used car twenty fifteen, and there's a problem with the transmission. Most after market warranties aren't going to cover a pre existing condition, which is very curious because one hundred and sixty miles and it needs a transmission, it'd be pretty hard to argue it wasn't pre existing at that point. Number Two, the people from the warranty company never got to inspect it, so therefore there's nothing we're going to do there. In hindsight, they're declining it because they didn't get to look at it. And I don't think I'd be in the same boat they are. I mean, if I couldn't look at it, I'm sure not going to write a check. But what I can't figure out is why James, according to Chelsea or Nichols Auto Repair. And this is the part hopefully he's going to answer. By the way, James, I appreciate you coming on. I think we're and I'll let you say everything and anything you want to say. But the one question I'd like to start with his why would you guys repair something that you didn't have authorization to repair, either from the warranty company or Chelsea or are you going to tell me you did have authorization? James am I on, Yes, sir, you are on. Thank you for coming on.
Speaker 17: We absolutely had authorization.
Speaker 5: And how did that go down? Tell me your side? So she drops the vehicle off.
Speaker 17: Yeah, she brought me the vehicle that she had already had at the dealership who had already done an inspection. It had all of the codes, everything, had the recommendation to do the transmission. So she brought it in and wanted me to do the transmission. And basically, the warranty company already has all of the information, but what they were asking for was a freeze frame of the codes in order to push it through, which your freeze frame does not exist. They wanted the exact mileage of when it through the initial code, and that was after they had already approved the job.
Speaker 5: So basically what you're saying is the warranty company approved it. You guys did the work, but then at the end they decided they were going to pay it because you guys couldn't provide stuff that frankly, you couldn't even provide if you if you had to.
Speaker 16: That's exactly correct.
Speaker 5: Oh man, this is an interesting case, James.
Speaker 1: How did the approval get to you? Was it via email a text message that somebody from the warranty company call you with an approval? What what evidence can we offer to you?
Speaker 17: Then I made the I made the call to the end to the company and yeah, so and it was it was all verbal.
Speaker 5: Do they give you some kind of authorization code?
Speaker 17: They did not that these things are wham bam, thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 6: You know they're they usually.
Speaker 17: Are very easy and simple. But I feel like it may be like a tactic by the UH, by the the warranty company. Another thing is I think you were told that the vehicle has one hundred and sixty thousand or one hundred and sixty miles on it.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no, no no no. Since she bought it from Mile High Auto Sales, she only.
Speaker 4: Put it on and sixty.
Speaker 7: Okay, what was.
Speaker 5: The problem with the transmission?
Speaker 17: By the way, it threw multiple electronic codes for internal damage inside of the transmission.
Speaker 5: So when you did, did you guys rebuild it or put in like a jasper or what?
Speaker 17: We rebuilt the tranny so it was.
Speaker 5: Trashed on the inside. You guys still have the core?
Speaker 16: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: So you have the core?
Speaker 17: Well, no, the core is in the engine. It was rebuilt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the parts, all the guts that you took out with the replacement, brand new parts. Do you still have all the guts that you removed?
Speaker 16: So I don't believe.
Speaker 7: So what do you think.
Speaker 5: Here's the bottom line, James, We're gonna have to go to break I please, if you would, please hold or we can call you back. But what I'm trying to do is figure out how to move forward here because let's just say she doesn't have any money or doesn't have as much. I don't know if we get involved with the warranty company. And I would also like to know, James, if you know does that warranty cover pre existing conditions? I would love to know that. I mean, really, did they have more outs than just what we're talking about with the flash codes and everything? Everybody hold tight. I want to get to the bottom of this mystery.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: For an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 5: News.
Speaker 4: Need that so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come?
Speaker 4: Run as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better. We're here to fight for you. We've got something going on. I really want to get to the bottom of but I I've got a lot of things going on this case. Let me just recap it really quick. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank duran the real estate man. You know what I love about Frank pretty much everything. He sells more homes in one month and most realtors in Colorado sell in over a year. And he sells him for more money. And he's one of the best negotiators I've ever met. He sold our model in Redhawk in Castle Rock years ago. Other models were for sale at the same time. He sold ours for more than any of the other ones. He got us more money than anybody else got for that model. Then when he negotiated our house in Franktown, he saved us close to one hundred thousand dollars. He's remarkable. You want the best, forget about the rest. Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Frank Durant Holmes dot com. By the way, nicest guy you'll ever meet.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 5: Chelsea called in last hour in fact a couple things house cleaning, real quick with Kelly. She's on the phone, so I'll wait a second. But here's the deal. We had the owner of the shop on and the shop's name. I told her to put it back up. Someone helped me here.
Speaker 15: Nichols Automotive.
Speaker 5: Nichols Automotive. And by the way, their reviews are great.
Speaker 16: I was.
Speaker 5: They've got like three hundred Google reviews and they all look pretty stellar. So Nichols Auto Repair, what are they? Wheatridge? I believe, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Scott. Yeah. So in wheat Ridge, we're trying to get him back on. He dropped off, he was gonna hold and he's simply not there. So Kelly, please try to reach back out to him as soon as you can. But I want everybody joining us this hour to kind of understand a few things. Chelsea bought the car from Mile High Auto Sales and it came with a three month warranty. Chelsea, that's correct. It was a three month warranty.
Speaker 19: Yeah, three months, four thousand miles, I believe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I would assume a warranty like that they pay for and it probably would cover everything. Did they say it's basically bumper to bump? I'm trying to figure out what it covered.
Speaker 19: It says that it covers engine, transmission, drive axles, telling reimbursement.
Speaker 5: I love it. I mean that's what your problem was, was the transmission. So she has it one hundred and sixty miles, she's got a Christmas tree that comes on her dash and drives it back to the dealership. First, right, No, I did not.
Speaker 19: Drive it back to the dealership. I took it to get all of the the No, not the Warren recall. Sorry. I took it to get all of the recalls done because when I bought it, the.
Speaker 5: So you took it to the dealership, took.
Speaker 19: It, take the recalls done right away. So I took it to a different dealership and to my house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and was that actually a Chevy dealership? What was it?
Speaker 19: It's it is, Yes, a Chevy dealer.
Speaker 5: So they did that to the recall. So they did the recalls. Did that have anything to do it to transmission? Out of curiosity?
Speaker 19: No, none of them did. I was hoping maybe one day.
Speaker 5: Okay, so fine, fine, fine, fine, the dealership did that stuff the Chevy dealer. Then what was the next chain of events?
Speaker 19: I called the dealership that I got it from Yeah, and I said, seems like it's not shifting. He said, oh, no, it's the aftermarket parts that.
Speaker 11: Are on it.
Speaker 19: I think it just drive different. And I said, no, it doesn't seem like it's shifting. And they said, okay, well you have the warranty, so call the warranty company and go through them.
Speaker 5: So then what happened to the warranty company.
Speaker 19: I called the warranty company. They told me what I would do. They said, take it to the shop and then the shop has to contact us. So that's what I did. It was still at the Chevy dealership, so I contacted them. I said, hey, I'm gonna pick it up and take it to someone else that I always work with, which is James. And I called James. I said, hey, I'm having like transmission issues. I have a warranty for it that came with it. Can you work on this for me with the warranty company. Is that something that you can do?
Speaker 4: He said yes, okay.
Speaker 19: So I brought the car to Games. I showed him the warranty. I pulled it up on my phone. I showed him, you know, the transmission section that said what was covered for the transmission and I said, we need to work with warranty company. I just got this car. There's no way I could pay for this transmission, you know issue by mid Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 5: You you were expecting the warranty to cover it, and it was under It was only one hundred and sixty miles. The warranty was three months and four thousand miles. So everything should be good. It should be covered because it's part of the power train. So then what's the next thing that happened?
Speaker 19: So I dropped it off a game. He said, I'm going to take the transmission apart. We have to get in there to see exactly what's wrong, and then I'll contact the warranty company. It took about a week for him to do that. He called me on a Friday and he said, hey, I pretty much have it all lifted out everything it needs to I'll contact the warranty company next, which he did the following Monday. They the warranty then contacted me Monday and asked me a few additional questions. Ask me if I test drove it, a few things like that, where I drove it, if I drove it to the repair shop, or if I had a toad and then they said, okay, perfect, We're going to call James back. They called James back, and then at that point they called me back and said, we can't off. We can't pay for this because he can't. He fixed it basically without having the prior organization.
Speaker 5: Chelsea. That's good, I get it. Everybody understands the recap. But what's interesting is when I talked to James, he said that he actually got and I know Kelly's talking to him off air right now, he said he actually got authorization to do the repair from from the warranty company. In fact, Dragon, if you would do me a solid, I don't it's in that last fifteen minutes when I was talking to him. I would like to get that queued up so we can play that again. When he's talking about he got the authorization, then I asked him a few questions about that authorization. Chelsea. I also heard at this point they had one. Yeah, you can go ahead.
Speaker 19: I have one. I actually have been in contact with the Warranton Tea Company multiple multiple times, asking for the recording of the call between them and the and Jeames so they can prove that they told him we ought to repair the car. Yet because that's what they said. Yeah, and they will not give me the recordings. They actually finally had a lawyer email me back and say, we care releases, well call recordings to customers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you a few things here. I want to tell you where my thoughts are right now, and then I'm going to replace something for everybody out there. Then I'm going to go to two experts that deal with these aftermarket warranties, one of them being a transmission shop that I truly trust, and he's dealt with every warranty I've ever heard of, and we're going to have a very interesting conversation about it right after this quick break. But I'm going to tell you the bottom line of my thoughts right now. I don't think your problem. I do not think your problem is with the warranty company whatsoever. I see Kelly in there shaking her head. Kelly, don't. I don't want you to say too much because I want to take this break. But I assumed you just talked to James I get at Nichols Auto Repair, and I assume by the way you look, I don't want to know what would transpired, but I assume he didn't want to come back on he.
Speaker 20: Uh basically said that he had said all he wanted to say.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, we're gonna listen to one of the things he said right after this.
Speaker 13: Okay, go with a.
Speaker 9: Sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Of time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three one three eighteen five five. You know what, there's something fishy going on here. I'm gonna be honest and I'm going to kind of lay out where I believe we're at with this story. But there's a lot of holes here. I'm gonna play a short little segment here, and this is basically last hour. I'm talking to James at Nichols Auto Repair. But before I play that, Hey, Kelly, I want to ask you he hung up during the break. I thought he told me offline. I thought he was going to stay, but he ended up hanging up. And I saw you talk to him, yeah, for a little bit, but he ultimately doesn't want to come back on. Correct, And did he say why?
Speaker 20: He basically, uh intimated that he had said everything to you, yeah, and that he didn't want to h come back on.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, simple as that. And he doesn't have to come back on, you know, he just hasn't been summons to court, but he has been quite frankly somes to court in the UH in public opinion in mine. And and here's the problem I have with everything going on here. And basically it went down right here, go ahead, dragon. So basically what you're saying is the warranty company approved it. You guys did the work, but then at the end they decided they weren't going to pay it because you guys couldn't provide stuff that frankly, you couldn't even provide if you if you had to.
Speaker 16: That's exactly correct.
Speaker 5: Oh man, this is an interesting case, James.
Speaker 1: How did the approval get to you? Was it via email? A text message that somebody from the warranty company call you with an approval? What what evidence can we offer to though.
Speaker 17: I made I made the call to the end to the company and yeah, so and it was it was all verbal.
Speaker 5: Do they give you some kind of authorization code?
Speaker 11: They did not.
Speaker 4: All right, that's.
Speaker 5: Where I want you to stop at Dragon. So everybody that was last hour, I derived two things out of there. And if anybody dis agrees with me in this room and then I'm going to go to our experts on it, please let me know. But number one, he admits the approval came from not Chelsea, but this warranty company. And then he goes on to say it was a verbal approval only and they did not give any form of number or anything. All they said is fix it. And then he fixed it and now he can't get paid. Jeff Vic Kimera transmission. You have dealt with every warranty probably known demand when it comes to transmissions. Have you ever in your life had an approval from a warranty company that was just a go ahead and fix it, no authorization, no anything.
Speaker 21: Single time you we're going to get an off with the edition number. And at that time they discussed with you what it is they're actually going to pay parts and lay we're broken down. If the customer has any responsibility, whether it's deductible or items are excluded for whatever reason, then they'll also discuss with you, you know, whether you want to check mail to you or you want credit card over the over email and the all the contact information in order to exchange in order to make that transaction happen.
Speaker 5: So just to be very clear here, and then you get an approval number, correct, and you have never dealt with any warranty company ever that did not give at least an approval number.
Speaker 21: Then when you're done, you know, customer's got to sign off, but the work is done. Then they've collected the vehicle, they've paid whatever their portion of the bill may be. And then you email or facts or however it is. You're transformed with them over to the warranty company. Most of the time they played credit card within about twenty four hours and you get your money the next day.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Jeff, please stay on though. Kevin Calkin sharedan auto tech I have known Kevin and Jeff both for years. Kevin, you deal with aftermarket warranties all the time. Just like Jeff, has there ever been one time in the history of shardan Auto Tech, which which is twenty thirty years whatever, where you have dealt with a insurance company or an aftermarket warranty where they simply told you to fix it over the phone.
Speaker 12: Well, we do get verbal approvals, yes, but just like Jeff was reiterating, they give you a claim number, an authorization number, and an exact breakdown of every single penny to tax and everything.
Speaker 5: Now, let me like you in in our.
Speaker 12: Thirty years, we had one younger service writer was doing it and he got the approval without an authorization number, and they did not pay it.
Speaker 5: They did not pay it. Now, I want to ask both of you that I'm going to go back to Chelsea, but I'm going to ask both of you a question based upon the conversation you heard with James Owner or I assume owner could be a manager of Nichols Auto Repair and myself saying that he got the authorization from the company then they decided not to pay. And I asked him straight up, did they give you an authorization number? And he says no, What do you think should happen in this case? I understand he fixed it. I get it. She doesn't have money to do it. She was relying on the warranty to pay for it. The warranty company, if you guys didn't hear this part, they're saying, wait a minute, he already fixed it. We were going to send out an adjuster and basically look at it. We can't even do that now because he has already fixed it. We're declining the claim. What do you guys think should happen.
Speaker 21: The fact that they were building it in a house. He should have called the customer originally and got permission for the labor for the teardown. The warranty company is not going to authorize that admissional labor, So the customer should have been aware that there was a possibility this could go away on her once the teardown has been performed. So you get down to the point of failure. At that point you stop. You get the inspector there. They inspect it, may report back to the warranty company. Once the warranty company has an opportunity to review it, then they get back to.
Speaker 5: You, and then they're they're either going to approve it and give you an approval and get the break down of parts and labor and everything else.
Speaker 21: Right, that's not.
Speaker 5: How this went down. That not only did it not go down that way. Uh, this guy admits how it went down in his own mind at least that they told him just to fix it. Now it's her problem.
Speaker 21: There's no way that's happening.
Speaker 5: So what do you think? What do you think should happen? No, actually, I'm not even I'm going to reframe that question to both of you. Jeff, if one of your guys did not get that approval number, and you guys rebuilt a transmission and then all of a sudden the warranty companies are not going to pay, and this poor woman doesn't have money to pay, what would you do?
Speaker 21: And you know, if it was here or I got no twist but to eat.
Speaker 5: It, so you would give her a car back.
Speaker 21: I didn't get authorization for the tear down. I didn't get off of his for the repair. Nobody gave autormization for anything more than than you know, the blanket authorization.
Speaker 5: If you dropped it off overnight, Kevin, what would you do?
Speaker 12: Yeah, same thing. There's no authorization from anybody. It's it's pretty pretty clean cut.
Speaker 11: He jumping on.
Speaker 5: Well, and I know that. And here's what's frustrating with James. I think he realized that he spilled the beans when I was kind of questioning him. I think he did, and that's why he decided to hang up, because he probably said too much. The guy's reviews are great, He's got like three hundred Google reviews. I think he got in over his head. It might have been a busy day. He might have thought, oh, these guys are gonna pay it, and he jumped the gun and he did it. But now the problem is, and I want to make sure I'm correct on this, Chelsea, you still don't have your car back because James won't release it.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and how long has he had it now?
Speaker 19: I believe about next seven weeks?
Speaker 5: Okay to me? At this point, I can honestly say, because of James in his own words, in my humble opinion, in most people, and I would love to hear from other people out there three oh three seven, one three eight two five five what you think about this circumstance. But in my opinion, he needs to cut that car loose. Now. He apparently said at some point or Kelly told me, or maybe you Chelsea, that you did pay him a thousand dollars, yes, And what was that for?
Speaker 19: He said he really needed it and it would be great if I could help him out, and I said, that's fine. I figured I would have to pay some portion of this.
Speaker 5: Wait a thousand dollars, Chelsea, you're telling me the thousand you paid before thinking that the insurance company was going to pay everything. You thought maybe you would have a deductible. I don't understand why you gave him a thousand bucks. Make it clearer.
Speaker 19: I heard that they possibly wouldn't cover, you know, something part of the labor or part of the something I.
Speaker 5: Want's not what James said, though. That's fine. You know what, Chelsea, Chelsea, you were just being nice and trying to get your car backs. What that comes down to? Yeah, no, I get it. And let me tell you something. I got to put you on hold. I am so like my head's ready to explode at this point. Once again, I do think James is probably most of the time a stand up guy. I think he screwed the pooch on this one big time, and I think he needs to cut your car loose. What I would like to do is ask Dmitri would you actually help her on the paperwork side. We're not attorneys, but I think we need to take this guy or she needs to take him to small claims court to get her car back. This is absolutely outrageous. What is going on? He admitted right on air, and we have the recording for the judge. We have every part of it that he got permission from the warranty company and also acknowledge he never got any kind of number or anything. He got nothing. Basically, I think he jumped the gun. Kevin Calk and Jeff vic I appreciate you both, and I assume both of you are in studio tomorrow. Oh yeah, the guys. I can't wait to see you. Hopefully we have an update on this. I'm hoping. I'm hoping James with Nichols Auto Repair. For the life of me, I hope he actually sees this fallacy. I hope he sees all the holes in his story. I really do. And I'm going to ask the listeners after this to do me a favor.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 18: Help.
Speaker 9: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, we got lines open first time today three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I would love to hear your thoughts on Nichols Auto Repair. Nichols Auto Repair, and Dmitri's gonna look into it, you know, honestly, coming back from break, I was gonna take a little more aggressive uh stance on this, but Dmitri wants to talk to James off air and see if he can't talk some common sense into him. I don't see how it's even possible that he is holding that car hostage when he admitted she didn't acknowledge, or he admitted that he got the approval from the warranty company, and yet the warranty company didn't give any approval number. It's never been done in the history. It's never been done. James, your reviews look good. You seem like a good guy. But my god, big deal. You messed up. Sometimes we mess up, and you know what, that's the cost of doing business, you know. Chris, Chris Console, owner of discount bath dot com and studio with me and Chris and I are getting to know each other over the past year or so. Chris, honest to god, you've eaten stuff. Yep, I've messed up. I had Goodyear stores, I had computer stores, I had cake rounds. I've owned all kinds of businesses. I have given away so much stuff because the screw ups over the years. I've bought engines, I bought transmissions. It happens.
Speaker 7: It happens.
Speaker 5: But to dig your feet in and say something so ridiculous, like like the warranty comp But he gave him approval, but yet not an approval number. It's never been done. He jumped the gun on it. What's the biggest thing and the reason I brought you into this conversation, what's the biggest thing you ever ended up eating?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've redone. A shower. We had a guy that just kind of was a good installer.
Speaker 10: He went off the rails and it didn't go in right, and the guy, the customer was like, just fixed this little thing, and I said, no, it's not right. We're going to rip it out and redo it as her own costs because it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I love that. I mean, you know, not all of this can be perfect. Installers, technicians, mechanics. Everybody has a bad day. Suzanne, what do you think of that call with James Air?
Speaker 14: It sounds like he probably needs to work something out with her. I don't like, I don't know that they would have approved it to begin with. That's like with the whole transmission and pre existing mark. I don't know if it ever would have got approved to begin with. But he needs to work something out with her, for sure.
Speaker 5: I would agree with Ted one hundred percent. She already paid him a thousand bucks, which is crazy, but I'm finding it. I put up a poll or Suzanne, did read what the pole says on our YouTube channel?
Speaker 14: Do you think Nichols Auto Repair should eat the cost and return the car to Chelsea?
Speaker 15: And ninety five percent so far say yes.
Speaker 5: Ninety five percent is yes. I mean, folks, I would love to hear from that one person that said no. I mean, I can't even imagine. And I do think they would have covered it, but it's still impossible to say. I have never I have never heard someone say they gave me approval, but no approval number. I thought he was going to say Chelsea gave me approval, but that's not the case, and I made that explicitly clear to the guy. Scott. What do you think about it?
Speaker 10: Honestly, yeah, I think Nichols to just release the car, eat the cost, and just be done with it.
Speaker 5: What I'm hoping is, I'm hoping Deputy Dmitri is actually talking to him on the other line outside of here.
Speaker 18: I know the thousand dollars that she already paid.
Speaker 15: Is I find that a little weird person it is.
Speaker 18: It is strange, But does he owe that back to her? Should should they just keep it?
Speaker 5: Well? At this point, honestly, if she's going to end up bringing him the small claim score, I think he's cooked. In fact, I think it's kind of weird how he's holding the car hostage. At this point. I would go for that extra thousand. I don't even know why, but you know, he should be happy he got that. Here's the problem he actually said, or she said at least that the reason she gave him that thousand is because he was like, hey, I could really use the money. I mean, isn't that what he said or something like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I just find a curious way. He probably is hard up dragon, I mean like really, And then Kelly, when you talk to him the second time and he wouldn't come back on air, I mean, did he seem to have an attitude, did he seem to be digging in?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 20: He just basically was wanting to not disparage the business.
Speaker 15: He was very concerned about that.
Speaker 5: But then then all he's got to do is the right thing exactly.
Speaker 20: I mean the first time I called him, he agreed to come on, And a lot of these times that I have to call these.
Speaker 15: People, they don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, they literally hang up.
Speaker 20: So the fact that he was willing to come on and discuss the case and talk about.
Speaker 5: Her car, that along with his reviews.
Speaker 15: He did exactly.
Speaker 5: His reviews are they're pretty much stellar? I mean yes, and I think he just screwed up. He jumped the gun. I don't know if he needed to get this ticket done to get paid quick. He really thought they were going to pay, but I just don't find it. I just don't find it the issue of the caller, and we're going to stick. We're going to stick on this like stink on.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, we're going to have another hour to go here in a few minutes to meet you. You stepped out of the room. Give me your thoughts on that whole uh call, though you're gonna be you're dealing directly. You reached out to the warranty company or what were were we at on that?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 1: You know, uh, before I even stepped out of the room, I sent an email to mister Nichols to see if he's willing to release Chelsea's card back or without any more pay Yeah, he already did collect one thousand dollars from her, so I wanted to get some clarification on that amount though. What was it for?
Speaker 5: So I Alsa, are you in the room when I asked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I spoke with Chelsea and she said that he reached out to her after the repairs and said, according to Chelsea, well, you know, they owe us the insurance score. The warranty company owes about six and a half thousand dollars, but times are tough. I could use a little bit of cash to you know, with operating expenses, payroll, things like that.
Speaker 5: That's a odd thing to ask, It's an odd thing.
Speaker 1: And so she said that, just as a show of good faith, she did pay him a thousand dollars with the expectation of getting reimbursed once the warranty company reimburses Nicols on don't repair for the repair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if.
Speaker 5: We do, if you do end up helping her through some of the paperwork and stuff with the small claims, at least pointing out where the paperwork is stuff like that, you'd probably go for seven thousand, I would well.
Speaker 1: Six and a half. She so the bill for the repairs came to six and approximately six and a half thousand dollars. Yeah, she paid them a thousand dollars as a favor, kind of an advance, and so she still owes. According to Nichols, she owes about five and a half thousand.
Speaker 5: You know what's interesting about this, what's the value of that car?
Speaker 1: Oh uh, well, this was like a big Chevy suburban.
Speaker 5: I wonder what we paid for it because I just thought of something. I mean, she's gonna sue. I didn't even think about this. How do you sue for something you didn't pay? You're suing for your car back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I believe that's called a replevant action.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Small claim.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, I don't think that's gonna happen. She has tall claim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's gonna have to go to at least county courts, if not even district court to get her car back.
Speaker 5: You know, I just thought of that. I'm thinking what I guess where my brain was, is you pay the six grand, you get your car back, then you sue them and.
Speaker 14: Then you do what She just takes them to small claims, then uses the small claims to pay them if she wins.
Speaker 5: Well, but she because she hasn't paid anything. Hey, who's our attorney? Our car Lemon law?
Speaker 15: Uh Raina bias?
Speaker 5: I wonder if i'd like to ask her, can you see if we can get Raina on Kelly for next hour? I didn't think that out, and she's not going to have money for a full blown attorney, although I'll ask Na what she would do. I think that's going to be good information, but I think the public opinion and you tell me when to pull the trigger on that. To Mietri, I'm going to leave that up to you.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'd like to give mister Nichols just a little bit more time to respond to my email, Okay, I mean I realize he's a mechanic, so he doesn't sit in front of the computer all day long. Sure, but you know my goal is to have resolution tomorrow. No later than tomorrow, because tomorrow's car days.
Speaker 5: And you mean resolution whether or not he's going to cut the car loose.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if he doesn't respond to my email, I'll give him a call this afternoon, see if he'll take my call and ask him the same question.
Speaker 5: Hey, did you guys see that? Uh, the Epstein files could be out today.
Speaker 1: They are out today.
Speaker 5: Did you see any yet?
Speaker 1: No, they just released what they're calling Phase one. Oh what the hell's that? Well, they're probably going to scour the rest. But uh, it's a binder that they handed out at the White House to members of the New Press, and that's Phase one, actually says on the binder, Phase one release Phase one.
Speaker 5: I wonder, like, I wonder if Phase one's going to have the names.
Speaker 4: I'm dying for the names.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't.
Speaker 4: I'm going to name names.
Speaker 7: He too.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 5: Do you think Clinton will be on there?
Speaker 1: At least twenty thirty times?
Speaker 5: Hillary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then her husband, however, maybe her hands.
Speaker 5: They were both on the plane. It's going to be amazing. Wouldn't it be wild if Trump was on there?
Speaker 1: I don't think Trump was on it. In fact, I know there was a picture.
Speaker 5: I know there was a picture of him and Epstein back in New York at some point. But Epstein knew every businessman, every pile adician known demand. He donated to all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was well financed and well connected. I do know that Trump banned Epstein from Maro Lago way back in two thousand and seven. Wow, because of Epstein's inappropriate interaction with one of the member's daughters of the car.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean perfect with a capital pe.
Speaker 5: All right, everybody holds tight.
Speaker 9: Three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 13: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 9: Contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 14: Ripped news.
Speaker 15: So you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running success as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems. Answer questions, take complaints. Where a consumer show, we talk about everything consumer related. We go after the bad guys. We try to help businesses make the right decision when maybe they're thinking is a little cloudy.
Speaker 4: We do all kinds of things.
Speaker 5: We love educating our audience as well. Today in studio, Chris Console with discount bath dot com. Chris, you and your partner own discount Bath. Yep, and you both came from contractors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 5: I mean forever, what did you do anything?
Speaker 10: Stephen was in the closet, redesigned business before he was in the bathrooms.
Speaker 5: It's still the same thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the same thing. He never did the work. I've done the work.
Speaker 5: So you've swung the ham.
Speaker 7: I've swung the hammer and cut the tile and yeah, done all that.
Speaker 5: And you guys opened discount or started discount bath to get correct How did you get that domain?
Speaker 4: Discount path? We got lucky.
Speaker 10: Actually, Steven texted me at I don't know, like nine o'clock at night and he's like, hey, discount bath.
Speaker 7: Dot COM's available.
Speaker 5: How much was it? It was fifteen hundred bucks. Okay, so you paid a few bucks for it. Yeah, but that's a hell of a deal. I bet right now you could probably sell that for ten to fifteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we were pretty excited to get it, so that's very cool. It fit our.
Speaker 10: Business philosophy and it was available and that's you know, it's just everything lined up and we got lucky with that one.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes, what do they say? Kisma?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 4: That means?
Speaker 5: I'm not actually sure?
Speaker 15: Kis matt?
Speaker 5: Kismet ki Matt? What does that mean? Technically? It means it's just meant to be right? Fate? Yeah, fate? Okay, all right, that's not like you've never heard that before.
Speaker 7: That's a new one on me.
Speaker 10: I like, what's the one my uh dogma ran or my karma ran over my dogma?
Speaker 7: That's me No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: What were you? Suzanne was asking me, what is it? Tuma makamba hakuna matata? Mark, would you say it again?
Speaker 14: Hakuna matata hakuna matata.
Speaker 5: And it means no problems.
Speaker 10: Means no problems in Swahili in Swahili, but what you're when you're in Africa. Yeah, the guy told me, he's like, it means no problem for the person telling you that, but it means one for you most.
Speaker 5: Likely Wow, that's uh, that's a little different problem for me. Now. To me, it sounds like something you'd hear on the Lion King. Am I crazy?
Speaker 14: How this all came about was Chris was so gracious with me when I had to reschedule, and I'm like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: He said matata.
Speaker 14: He says hakuna matata, And oh, so you meant that's it was a problem.
Speaker 5: Not a problem for you, but it might be my problem. Why do you reschedule them?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 14: I forget now, it was a few weeks ago. There was a conflict. I think, Oh, because we were going to be out of town. No one was going to be in studio.
Speaker 5: Oh so you would have been here all by yourself doing the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would have been a problem for me.
Speaker 5: You know, guys, over the break we were talking about Doge and you running a business. I've run a lot of businesses. I still can't understand why anybody would have a problem with what's going on. And honestly, I do want to ask you, Chris, what do you make of it?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 5: A lot of people might say, oh, it's going too fast. I don't like I don't like this. The richest man in the world trying to cut costs for our government or I mean, everybody's heard everything. And I hate asking you when you're in like this because you know you sell bathrooms to everybody on both sides. Absolutely, but honestly, just from a business standpoint, back when I had my good years, if I could have someone come in and go through every shop, go through payroll, go through all my suppliers, go through my taxes, go through everything, and make suggestions, I mean I'd be so open to that. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: At no charge.
Speaker 5: By the way, yeah, I know, well he is the richest man in the world. I don't even know what you pay the richest man in the world.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 10: So I like your point because companies hire consultants all the time to come in and say where can we save? Yeah, how do you have a problem anybody have a problem with him looking or the group looking at where's the waste, where's the fraud, where's the misuse? How can we cut costs? It's what they're mad about is what's being found.
Speaker 5: Well, they are mad about what's being found. But some of the arguments, some of the cost cutting, like let's talk about what is a usaid usaid, I'm not even sure which way you're supposed to say it, but some of the things they found in that agency that I don't even want to get into it. We've all heard it. I mean, they're talking about like a gay play in some country you give fifty thousand two I don't know, I mean name some of them. I didn't pull them up online to look at. But I mean, what do you guys remember some of the really outrageous ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember the comic book about transgenders and prew or one of.
Speaker 5: Those transgender comic book. Here's one two point five million for electric vehicles in Vietnam, forty seven thousand for a transgender opera in Colombia. I don't even know, Like, I don't even know how anybody in the world would find anything alright with that, Unless literally, you pay zero taxes and you live off the trough one hundred percent, then you could care less where your money goes. But most of us pay taxes of some sort, and to think it went to l GBT activism in Guatemala and some of these, a transgender comic book in Peru, I mean, who would have Why would anybody like this? What's wrong with showing everybody where this wasteful money's going and then getting rid of it. Did you guys hear yesterday that I think in I don't remember if it was the Department of Justice, but they had like these chats going on that were absolutely unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It was the National Security Agency.
Speaker 5: Oh even better, and it was like on internal stuff, and they're talking about stuff like you know, how they get aroused, and just the craziest stuff that. You know, most people have never had any conversation like any of these ever, and here they are talking internal government on an internal government system. But people are mad all of this is getting exposed. People like I'll even say my parents are very upset that government officials are losing their job. I mean, some of these people, we don't even know if they exist. I know, people don't believe that that. People didn't believe when they heard Social Security people are still collecting it over the age of one hundred and fifty. They simply don't believe at all. That's propaganda. It's simply not true. It's pretty amazing. But I'd love to hear from someone that really has common sense, disagrees with what's going on, not a bunch of talking points that make no sense. I just don't understand why anybody out there would have an issue with it. Have you ever had a conversation, I mean seriously with somebody that does no.
Speaker 1: I've just been reading, you know, online, I've been reading about the hysterical reaction that so many people are having to this.
Speaker 5: You know, I would not want to wake up and not have a job, Don't get me wrong, but you know I'll take I'll take one that drives me insane. It's better now, And I've taken slack on this because you know, I have an airwave here and I can piss people off. But it's true. How much did I hate the Franktown Post Office back in the day, Susan.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm still not happy with them, Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're a lot better now, but I mean it's the worst service I ever had. We had a lady that worked there. I mean she had to be one hundred and twenty years old. If you ordered anything over like eight pounds, you simply wouldn't get it. And worse than that, they'd put a sticker. They'd take time to go to your house and put a sticker saying you missed your delivery for dog food. I'm like, my god, I can order dog food from Amazon and everywhere else in the world it gets delivered. But because you don't want to pick up the dog food, now I got to drive up and get it. Well, what was the point of getting it delivered? There was no point in getting it delivered. But when I finally caught her on tape not even trying to deliver it, I said, nobody in their right minds to sign for dog food.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: What is your problem?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: No no, So I call up Amazon. I said, do they have to do I have to sign for my dog food? They said no, they just drop it off and it just never happened. And then she lied about it, and I brought the video up and I showed the post office person up there. Oh that's Joni. That's her. She's just old, Like, what good's that gonna do. Then you talk to your neighbors, they're like, well, you're lucky. At least do you get a notice? We get nothing. It's just crazy. I don't think the post office to circle around should even be in existence.
Speaker 4: It's a dinosaur.
Speaker 5: You have ups FedEx email, you have everything else in the world. Do any of you use a post office? Absolute?
Speaker 4: Anything?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? What do you see every day?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Everything from business communications to sending out my payments for charge cards and utilities?
Speaker 5: And what are you one hundred and six? Dimitri, who the hell sends out a check? I do, Susan, do we send out any checks? I'm just curious we actually do?
Speaker 7: Like what?
Speaker 14: Okay, he's probably listening, so don't be irritated at me. Mikey Thomas, there's mister it guy. He will not let me pay online. I have to send him a check.
Speaker 4: Is she the only one?
Speaker 5: Uh that we paid?
Speaker 15: That I pay a check or that I send a check?
Speaker 5: Send a check?
Speaker 4: I think that's form businesses?
Speaker 15: Yeah, our life insurance.
Speaker 5: They still will only take a check.
Speaker 14: They'll take an online payment, but you don't want to pay the ten dollars fee, so I send them.
Speaker 1: Checks and Mark My business only takes checks too. I don't process credit cards because I don't want the security risk of it. So I receive many, many, though not enough checks for my customers. Chris, what do you think? Same you check? I have to mail checks to some of my vendors as.
Speaker 5: Screw you all. I think we got to get rid of the post Office altogether. Why not just use FedEx? You're going to stay I it costs more than a stamp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did use uh.
Speaker 5: Even though they lose trillions of dollars, trillions of dollars all the time.
Speaker 4: We want to keep the post office.
Speaker 1: But the alternative is not to lose trillions of dollars all the time. The alternative is to fix the post office.
Speaker 5: As would you go fix it, you would have to charge what FedEx and UPS does.
Speaker 1: Probably, Well, there are two Well, okay, first of all, I don't think so because well and by the way, even if we do have to charge more for stamps, which I think that we should, it's a government service, and there's nothing wrong with a government service and essential service losing money, just like the police department does, the fire department does, and the post.
Speaker 5: Office nine point five billion in the last fiscal year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of money. But that can be fixed. That could be reduced quite a bit.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: I think you could privatize it and someone could actually run it like a real business. But it still comes down to this, You're going to have to spend more on a stamp. You're going to have to that's fine. Or come into the twentieth century, guys and not send out checks. There is these things called ace, there's wires, there's credit cards. There's a million ways to send money.
Speaker 10: If it's a crypto, the guy on the other end has to be up to date in order to do it.
Speaker 5: That goes back to Thomas. I mean this guy. I don't know why he won't he needs a check. I find it insane. You know what I say, don't pay him anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: It is kind of funny. He's our it guy.
Speaker 15: That is what's really comical about it.
Speaker 14: Mark, He's our it guy, and I can't pay him online?
Speaker 5: You can't three O three seven one three A two five five. Hey Phil Wich, you're comment on federal grants. Hey Mark, I uh been drinking.
Speaker 6: Drink and yeah I have Hey Mark, listen, hold.
Speaker 5: On, let me your gem of wisdom. I cannot miss and I got to take a break. He'll be up next, Phil three oh three Martino.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best ruffer sell roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi three oh three seven one three eight two five five, we get a couple of lines open three oh three, Martino. We've been touching on all kinds of topics today.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 5: I've got somewhat a good news. So Kelly came in during the break and the owner of that repair shop would like to talk to someone here off air, So Dimitri's gonna do that. Hopefully we have a good update on that, but we'll see what happens. Let's go back to Phil. Phil, go ahead with your comment on federal brands.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mark, I just finished my last drink for today. Hey, listen, I.
Speaker 5: Got to ask you, in all honesty, what time do you generally go to sleep?
Speaker 6: Oh about midnight?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 5: But you finish your last drink at one point thirty.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: Well, that's interesting.
Speaker 6: That's that's it, Hey, Mark, yes, listen, Yes, the government paid me twenty nine million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure they didn't for the year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for research.
Speaker 5: Great on.
Speaker 6: Why does cockroaches have legs?
Speaker 5: Why do they have legs?
Speaker 6: Pill because they need them to cross the border.
Speaker 5: Out ouch Phil. That's not nice. I mean, my god, man, that that's uh.
Speaker 4: I'm at a loss for.
Speaker 5: It wasn't It wasn't funny, but it also was like, a little uh insensitive, wouldn't you guys?
Speaker 15: And you're a sensitive person, Mark.
Speaker 5: I am, especially while I'm watching next on nine news, Mary, what's going on with you?
Speaker 22: I need somebody to tell me. I'm getting rid of direct TV.
Speaker 5: Thank god, That's what I'm saying. You know, I had a conversation last night with a good friend of mine. He's a little older than me, and he still has a Comcast Exfinity and I was shocked by it. But so you're going to get rid of direct TV? Go ahead.
Speaker 22: When I've asked people, they say, well, get a fire stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, then.
Speaker 11: What do I do?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 5: Do you have internet at your house?
Speaker 22: Thank god? We finally got decent internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you got decent internet, all the firestick is is basically something that holds apps. It's a computer, so you can download Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, Hbo, Cinemax, Disney and the list just goes on forever in a day, quite frankly. And there's a lot of free stuff you can watch, just like you're used to with commercials. Now there can be some live stuff and you got to watch commercials and there's no cost to it. So it really depends on what you want, Mary, I mean, do you want local stuff?
Speaker 4: What do you want?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 22: I want local and like what I have, like with upper channels, so you know, I Animal Planet and all that. Are you on which ones or which ones?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 5: Live TV? Well, Hulu does live. We have YouTube TV Live. That's the one I would personally get. And then there's Link Tier.
Speaker 22: We have Brent Tier right now for our internet because thank god we finally got it and I got rid of Hughes neet.
Speaker 5: Oh do you live in the middle of nowhere?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 22: Yeah, huh, we're out in the country.
Speaker 5: Do you pay per megabyte or you just pay one cost per I just don't want you doing something that's going to cost you a fortune. So when you pay for your internet, is it one price per month? No matter what Yeah, Okay, then you're fine. So I would look at honestly, if you want all the stuff and a good DVR and something that works everywhere, meaning it'll work on your cell phone if you're anywhere, at an airport or at a restaurant you could watch TV if you want it, or at a hotel or on your computer anywhere. I'd look at YouTube TV. It's eighty five it's eighty five bucks a month. How much you spending for direct TV right now? Yeah, so you're going to save quite a bit of money. Believe you're gonna have more channels. You're gonna have all the locals, you're gonna have you know, uh nine seven four Fox, you're gonna have all that stuff. You're gonna have Animal Planet, You're gonna have all the stuff you're used to and probably a little more.
Speaker 11: Okay, So that would be the way to go.
Speaker 2: Then is with the YouTube?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I like YouTube? Now, Hulu does the same thing. What do you guys use anybody?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Have Netflix and Amazon Prime?
Speaker 5: That's all you need?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how about you Dragon?
Speaker 18: Say that again? Sorry Kelly was talking to no problem.
Speaker 5: What what do you have for TV at your househole?
Speaker 4: Live TV? At any you.
Speaker 18: Don't, well, I mean other than the Hulu like Netflix and Amazon and whatnot.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but so I'm saying you don't. You don't have live TV, basically a Hulu Live version.
Speaker 18: So we pay like seventy bucks for this. Oh yeah, live TV.
Speaker 5: So what do you like? Have you ever tried YouTube?
Speaker 18: We compared because when we get we got rid of direct TV, but a year and a half ago, compare the channels that are offered by both YouTube TV Hulu Live, and we just found that Hulu Live worked better for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so here's why I went with YouTube. I had Hulu Live forever and Mary listen to this because Hulu's a little cheaper. But Suzanna and I travel all the time, so I take my firestick and I'll plug it into a hotel TV, or I'll be in an RV and I'll plug it into the TV and the RV. Hulu only allows you to change your zip code two or three times a year, meaning if we go to a different state every week, I'm not gonna have TV in a couple of weeks. So that's why I went with YouTube. YouTube YouTube you can use anywhere at any time, but it costs a little more, so Hulu Live might be a good one for you, like Dragon has and then Sling is pretty cheap. Here's the other thing you can do. They Once you have that firestick plugged in, you can download all these apps. All of them have a free trial. You might try out Hulu for the free seven days, YouTube for the free seven days, Sling for the free seleven days, and I'm pretty sure the new one that's free, I want to say, it's called Pluto p l Uto, and I think, yeah, Pluto is free, Silo or Pluto. Well that's another one. Filo actually is great for sports. But Pluto TV, yep, all the channels are for free, hundreds of channels, hundreds for free Pluto TV. So once you get that fire stick, you're opening your whole world to all this stuff.
Speaker 22: So that is that's what you start with, is the fire stick.
Speaker 18: And then go in or you can choose Roku, it doesn't have the firestick, has their own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ruku has one fire stick. Do you have an Amazon account?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: Not anymore?
Speaker 5: Then you probably the cheap way for you to do everything we're talking about, you go to wal Mart or next time you're a Wallmart or Target. You can buy a Ruku and the cheap one. What do you think they're twenty twenty bucks. Yeah, they're twenty bucks. It'll come with the remote and this little thing you just plug into the HDMI on the TV and you're.
Speaker 4: Set to go.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, fire Stick is just Amazon's version. Ruku makes one. Oh everybody, I mean LG has their own built into TVs. There's Samsung's got its own. There's a million ways to do it. But the easiest for you is next time you're at Walmart, drop twenty bucks and you'll get it.
Speaker 22: So either get the Ruku or the or the fire Stick, either one.
Speaker 5: Those are the two easiest to get and they're the cheapest and they work the same.
Speaker 15: Okay, all right, that finally somebody told me how.
Speaker 16: To do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all there is to it. Then you download the apps, you'll turn it on, it'll walk you through getting it onto your Wi Fi and then you're ready to go. You got questions in the future, honestly, feel free, and I mean that, feel free to call back in or you can even email those kind of questions to help it. Tr rubleshooter dot com. Tim's got a question on reverse mortgages. Tim, let me take this break real quick, and I promise your up next three oh three Martino.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, go three zero three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, one clear Choice Doors dot com. You know they actually have showrooms up and down the front range. I know Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, I think couple in Denver, maybe even up towards Fort Collins. But you can go to one Clear Choice Doors dot com. But if you have a door that breaks, they can come out and fix it. They can sell you a new garage door. What we used him for last We got a beautiful new garage door opener. We used to have the old chain one, and you know, they make so much noise it's crazy. These new belt driven ones are just quiet as he gets. And they're pretty cheap. I mean, I think we were like four hundred bucks all in for a brand new one installed. But one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Chappie's the owner. He runs it like the military. He's got great employees. In fact, he's a marine. You're just gonna like the guys. It's a good company. We've been talking about him frommever one Clear Choice Stores dot com. Now we got a question on reverse mortgages, and that is Tim. Hey, Tim, what's going on? What's your question.
Speaker 2: Considering a reverse mortgage? Just want to find out? I see one advertise on TV a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is it Fonsie or the guy from Heart to Heart? I guess Tim, I'm kind of kidding. I would never call a TV ad from somebody I watched, like Matt Locke, who's selling reverse mortgages? Now, I know I'm going to tell you exactly who to call, But what kind of questions do you have that maybe I can answer?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 2: My question? I did call them and he gave me a list of the charges and so forth. And I just wonder is those charges that they charge the same no matter who you go to. No, do they differ from company to company.
Speaker 5: So that's a great question. I'm going to have one of our experts on if we can get John with CMG on a couple things on that. There are limits to how much you can charge because it's kind of a government back loan, so there is thresholds you can't go across. But people can be cheaper for sure, and depending on what company you go through. One of the people I suggest I'm going to try to get him on is CMG. And the reason I say CMG is they're not a middleman. They're not a lead generating company on TV. They're the actual bank that does the loan. So the guy you deal with, John, who I really like if there's an issue in underwriting, he like knocks on the door next door and you're dealing with him, and he's really honest too. There might be a better product for you besides a reverse mortgage. So while we're trying to get him on, I'd like to ask you something, why do you want to reverse mortgage?
Speaker 2: Well, me and my wife are both sixty six be sixty seven this year. Okay, we own our home out right, and we've ran a janitorial service for about thirty years.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: We were down to one one account and we lost that account when we had an employee that was doing some dishonest things.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 2: But me and my wife can't do the actual work ourselves.
Speaker 5: So you have I assumed did you guys both start taking Social Security?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're both on Security.
Speaker 5: And you have no mortgage payment. You have Social Security income just out of curiosity, what is that income roughly between both of you, about thirty five So you get thirty five hundred a month from Uncle Sam and you have no mortgage payment.
Speaker 2: Right, And but the thing is is, sometime before this happened, we decided to cut our costs. Yeah, and we had two vehicles and we traded them then sure, and just got one vehicle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you want you want to be able to live in that house, both of you, or even just one of you if one passes, for as long as you want to. And I assume you also want to be able to tap into some of that equity for when you want to use it. Maybe it's for a trip, or maybe it's for everyday groceries or whatever. But you want that as well, right.
Speaker 2: Well, what we really want to do is get the money to pay off the vehicle we bought. Oh and that will save us about eight hundred and fifty dollars a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So, honestly everything you told me, I personally think a reverse is right for you. Kelly's John available or not? Is that him?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Hold on a second, I think we're going to have our expert up. Let me put you on hold. Take this break, I'll come back and let's we're going to ask our experts. John with CMG.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hie, thank you.
Speaker 9: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 9: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, listen We've got a lot to knock out real quick. I'm gonna bring up Timmy had some questions on a reverse mortgage. Hey John Clay CMG mortgage on a referral list referral list dot com. He is one of my favorite guys. He actually is one of the officers with CMG. It's a bank. John can lend do reverse mortgages, traditional, the all in one loan, all the products you hear about here all the time, but he can do them in every state. So if you're listening to us on a podcast later on in Texas or Florida, John, am I correct and saying you guys operate in almost every state?
Speaker 16: You are correct?
Speaker 21: Yes, now every state plus plus Puerto Rico.
Speaker 5: Now, John, oh, plus Puerto Rico. Thank you now, John, I'm I'm rushing through this for a reason because we have a Nicols Auto Repair update, which you have nothing to do with. But here's the bottom line. So Tim asked a question, and I love the question on a reverse mortgage. I know there's a threshold to how much a company can charge because of the kind of mortgage it is, so in other words, you can only charge so much. But the question is, can can companies charge less? Is it worth shopping around? I told him, because you guys don't have a middleman, you're the direct bank. Most likely you're going to be less for a reverse mortgage. So just clarify or correct to me, please, Yes.
Speaker 12: That is correct.
Speaker 21: Definitely, there's definitely there is a cop but you can go low.
Speaker 12: Yeh, yep, we can charge.
Speaker 5: So Tim, you could people most of the places. When Phonsie's trying to sell you a reverse mortgage on TV, those people are gonna be charging the highest. And I'll tell you why. Look at their advertising costs. Plus they're just middleman. They're paying Fonsie. First of all, Henry Winkler can't be cheap. And then on top of that, they're just a middleman. They go out and deal with a bank like what John works for to actually get the loans. So you cut the middleman out and that goes for anybody on any of these mortgages. So Tim, real quick, do you have any direct questions for John?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Just how do I get a hold of him?
Speaker 5: I'll give you his phone number. But here's how most people you should do it. For any loan, you need partner in lending dot Com simple as that Partner in Lending dot Com, Partner in Lending dot com CMG home loans. And then the phone number for you though is three oh three five seven seven seven two zero six, three oh three, five seven seven seven to zero six, And he can tell you how the entire process works, how quick it is. He can answer every question. John. They just basically sounds like they want to line a credit because they want to pay off a car. They both retired. They get about thirty five hundred bucks a month in Social Security. They want that eight hundred dollars car payment to go away. They fully own their house, they're in their sixties. It sounds like they'll probably get roughly forty to fifty percent access to that and a line of credit. And you guys will have this conversation. But I'm just kind of putting it together. So I appreciate both of you on once again. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm in a hurry.
Speaker 5: Partner in Lending dot Com. Now, Dmitrie, you talk to James with Nichols Auto Repair. You can go back to the first hour and listen. But we had him on. He basically, I don't want to say he's holding the car hostage, but he really is. And this woman basically brought it in. She thought it was going to be paid for by a warranty. And what's the update. We're going to recap everything tomorrow, but what is the update.
Speaker 1: Well, the update is I spoke with James. I called him at his request, and he wanted to correct his previous statement. He said that he did not get authorization from the warranty company to complete the repair. I asked him to tell me why. What was the nature of that phone call. He said that, Hey, I called the insurance the warranty company to see if this is the kind of repair that's covered, and they said yes. And I mistakenly told you guys earlier today that they approved the repair.
Speaker 5: And what do you make of that? You were part of this whole phone call. Do we have time to play that? Pull that up real quick, dragon, you'd be the judge. So basically, what you're saying is the warranty company approved it. You guys did the work, but then at the end they decided they weren't going to pay it because you guys couldn't provide stuff that frankly, you couldn't even provide if you if.
Speaker 16: You had to that's exactly correct.
Speaker 5: Oh man, this is an interesting case, James.
Speaker 1: How did the approval get to you? Was it via email a text message? That somebody from the warranty company call you with an approval?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What evidence can we.
Speaker 4: Offer to them?
Speaker 16: I made?
Speaker 17: I made the call to the end to the company and yeah, so and it was it was all verbal.
Speaker 5: Do they give you some kind of authorization code?
Speaker 16: They did not?
Speaker 5: All Right, listen, guys, I don't know what to say. So he's backtracking on all that? Is that it Dmitri? I mean, he's backtracking bottom line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I do have some documents to go over with you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We're going to talk about this tomorrow right here on the Troubleshooter Network.