Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio app Shana.
Speaker 1: He combs his former girlfriend back on the stand today in his New York sex crimes trial, Cassie Ventura telling Jersey for Another Day about the physical abuse she says she suffered from him during their ten yure relationship. He's accused of forcing victims to take part in drug and sex field parties over two decades. Faces life in prison.
Speaker 3: You're soon going to be able to walk through a part of Santa Monica with an adult beverage in your hand. They had a six hour meeting last night, but the city Council in Santa Monica voted unanimously to approve the open container ordinance that will allow you to walk along the Third Street promenade between Wilsher and Broadway with alcoholic beverages in hand. You can buy them at businesses along the promenade from eight in the morning until two in the morning, and then carry those drinks in the approved to go cups that are not glass or metal.
Speaker 1: The Democratic parties showing signs of life as the President continues his tour in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: It's where we kick off swamp Watch.
Speaker 4: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheap and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 2: The other side never quits.
Speaker 6: So what I'm not going anywhere so that you train the swap.
Speaker 4: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 7: You know, vans have always been going at President, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 8: A political plunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 4: Whether people voting for you were not swamp Watch, They're all countered.
Speaker 1: The more I think about this plane, the more I think it's just a symbol. It's never going to be put into service. It's just a gift.
Speaker 4: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: President Trump's Peace and Prosperity Tour there in the Middle East. Making a stop in Cutter today, the President ouns announcing new deals between Cutter and Boeing and the Department of Defense. Boeing will be selling bless you one more.
Speaker 2: I'm on h he's being shy.
Speaker 4: I'll tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Boeing will be selling billions of dollars worth of planes two Cutter DoD will be selling our top tier drones. He also pledged his commitment for peace in the Middle East. All the while the backdrop here the DNC is flying a Cutter a logo banner over President Trump's Florida residents today.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 1: Of course, he's getting a lot of criticism over his plans to accept a luxury plane from Cutter. They say it'll temporarily serve as Air Force one. I believe that as much as I believe Alcatraz will be put back into service, I just don't see this plane ever be putting into service.
Speaker 3: Well, and we talked about the Emollument's clause in the Constitution, which prohibits an official in the United States from receiving gifts from foreign heads of state, generally the approval of Congress. This is not going to a person, as President Trump pointed out in his truth social post, It's going to the Air Force, and then after it serves according to their plan, after it serves as Air Force one, it would then be given to the Trump Library. So which is still the appearance of impropriety is too much. It's I agree with you too much. Never going to go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Well, and the only thing that's going to do is line the Trump family pockets after he leaves office. There's a lot of money to be made in the Middle East, a lot of money, and they know that. And like you said yesterday, I think Trump did realize he left a lot of money on the table during his first term and that's not going to happen this time around. In fact, at least two billion has flowed into Trump companies in just the last month. Two billion real estate, cryptocurrency, a private club that's going to open in Washington with a five hundred thousand dollars membership fee. I mean they are made and money hand over fist off, this this rain.
Speaker 3: One of the stories that President Trump has repeated over the last couple of days is his fat friend story.
Speaker 4: Have you heard this?
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 3: It started with his executive order to reduce the price of prescription drugs and used his fat friend as an example of someone who is on a GLP one we assume and realized that the thirteen hundred dollars dose here in the United States would only cost about eighty bucks in other parts of the world.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll tell you a story. Friend of mine who's business man, very very, very top guy. Most of you would have heard of him. A highly neurotic, brilliant businessman, seriously overweight, and he takes the fat shot drug and he called me up and he said.
Speaker 4: President.
Speaker 5: He used to call me Donald. Now he calls me president.
Speaker 4: So that's nice. Respect.
Speaker 5: But it's a rough guy, smart guy, very success, very rich. I wouldn't even know how we would know this, but because he's got comments the president, could I ask you a question. What I'm in London and I just paid for this damn fat drug I take. I said, it's not working.
Speaker 3: He goes on into the specifics of the cost of it, eighty eight dollars I think for the dose in London versus thirteen hundred dollars for his cost here in the United States, which is a crack up story. It's one of those stories that Trump knows is funny. He knows it's going to get reactions. But if you're the fat friend, you're being held out there to flail in the wind with your foot like.
Speaker 1: It appears that this is one of the things that Trump thinks is a weakness overweightness or what have you.
Speaker 4: Which is weird because he clearly is not in the best shape.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is is he's lost a lot of weight, and there's been a lot of talk that he took a GLP one. He has no shame in that game. I wonder the fact that he's doing that in saying it just it's not the right thing to say. It's not nice. It's not right nice. And do you know many people that you're affecting with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. But it won't matter. It won't matter.
Speaker 3: Pete Boudagi is making some headlines. He's been making his rounds on podcasts recently and was asked about President Biden's decision to seek a second term, and he admitted that it may have hurt deck Democrats and that with the benefit of hindsight, he says, I think most people would agree, but that's the case. But he did say he wants to turn the page and look to the future, which apparently is a memo that's gone around. Here's Hakeem Jeffrey's saying, we're looking to the future.
Speaker 8: There's a number of different revelations coming out about President Joe Biden's declimb with recent books. Is it helpful for your caucus for these to come out now?
Speaker 4: And would you want Biden to campaign for House Democrats.
Speaker 7: I'm not looking backward.
Speaker 4: We're looking forward.
Speaker 3: Particular moment, here's Chuck Schumer also saying we're looking forward.
Speaker 2: Did you really not have any idea that he was not fit to serve a second term?
Speaker 1: Casey, we're looking forward this because you lost a presidential election, and is that not Joe Biden's responsibility for deciding to run again.
Speaker 4: We're looking forward.
Speaker 6: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's the state of the Democratic Party as of right now. Up next, the movie subscription service that has turned into kind of a cult.
Speaker 1: Yes, people treating their subscription to this movie app as a core personality trait.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: The Sean Diddy Combs trial. Of course, his former girlfriend Cassie Ventura is on the stand continuing testimony. And what they're showing now, prosecutors are showing some of the still images taken from videos of these freak offs, and she testified that there were plenty of people that saw him physically abuse her. She has testified that she was forced into these raging sex parties. And now some of the images from the videos of those are being shown to the jury. The gallery can't see them. They're not being shown to the lawyers. Lawyers got their own sort of a binder, I guess, full of copies of them.
Speaker 4: But the jury is reacting.
Speaker 3: CNN has a reporter in the courtroom and said one female juror aloed out a deep breath, rested her hand on her chest as an image was placed on the monitor before her. Another male juror looked at the screen at one of the images in his eyes appeared to move away very quickly. Another male jur immediately looked down and started writing on his notepad.
Speaker 4: So it's just getting nasty in there.
Speaker 1: The AMCA list is a subscription service.
Speaker 2: It's become quite a cult.
Speaker 1: Will give you more details after your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 4: Check that's check cch eck.
Speaker 6: Edwer it now at KFIAM six forty dot com. Slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident. Winning is everything. Call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: That keyword check goes in the website. Go to kfiam six forty dot com, slash cash, and an hour from now, we give you yet another shot to win one thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: The AMCA list. It's not an excuse. Exclusive club membership costs about twenty to twenty eight bucks a month. Anyone older than thirteen can join, so no xless exclusivity there. But as the Wall Street Journal writes this up, it's members, however, brag about this movie subscription service as if they're part of United Airlines Inventation only Global services status. They post about it on social media. They treat it like a court personality trade. They try to enlist friends and family members to join, quite like you know, a cult. The main benefit of the AMC stubs A list membership is the right to go up to four movies a week. Members get to use a special VIP line to buy concessions. They can add friends and family members to their entourage for a showing, as long as they're also in the A list. I feel like they're paying people to be this emphatic about the A list status, right, Like there's something in each post. If somebody's posting about their AMC A list status or their their membership, don't you think that they're getting a perk for that? Because why else would you post constantly about the fact that you're going to see four movies a week?
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know, it's not a it's you're in the cult, yes, and I love it.
Speaker 2: Wait, okay, so tell so tell us more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's like super easy to get your friends to like reserve like a role. Let's say you have five friends and they all have MCA lists and all of us, why I can do it for everyone, like reserve like a seat, and it's very like, I don't know, it's just chill. It's easy, and yeah, the concession lines aren't necessarily faster than the normal lines. I don't know if that's the benefit, but like being able to like reserve things with your friends is pretty useful and it's like saved me a lot of time. Instead of like contacting them, I can make reservation and they'll be like, what is this. I'm just like hey, want to watch a movie with me? They're like, no, I'll just cancel it. But it's like without having their permission, I can like make a reservation for.
Speaker 4: All of us.
Speaker 2: Now you pay a month.
Speaker 7: Like twelve, I think, like it's not box crazy. Oh wait, no, I think it's like twenty twenty yeah.
Speaker 1: Except okay, so twenty five bucks a month. How many movies do you go see with this a month?
Speaker 7: Well, now with my new girlfriend Diane, Oh.
Speaker 1: Clear this hey, yeah, Keana, get rid of the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out all about Diana.
Speaker 7: Well, we we went we were supposed to watch Friendship yesterday. Yeah, and like we canceled it with air list and then like we re uh what do you call it?
Speaker 4: Rebooked?
Speaker 7: And then we canceled it again because we got bored and we're like, let's just stay at home.
Speaker 2: They were busy.
Speaker 7: Exactly, I got you, so we got you know what I mean, the fact that I could cancel it and then like re.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's nice. It's like Southwest Airlines really exactly. So uh so, how many movies though, do you go see a month?
Speaker 2: Would you say? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Definitely, like four to five.
Speaker 1: So that makes sense for you because the average movie theater ticket is what twenty bucks, so that would be one hundred dollars if you like to see a movie once a week. My parents said that they'd go see a movie once a week back in the day, and so if you could pay twenty five bucks to see.
Speaker 2: As many movies as you want, that's quite the deal.
Speaker 1: That's three food free movies a month if that's your thing now.
Speaker 2: But the bragging about it? Have you noticed this is there? What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: I do feel it for certain people that like go into line like you do, see them like kind of press themselves up a little bit like m M, you know, like so yeah, I have experienced that. I have felt that sometimes I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: But here's the other question. How close are you to the movie theater?
Speaker 7: I'm in Hollywood, so like I go to the Grove a bunch or Burbank sixteen yeah, or like Americana, so like I frequent those three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the one in Hollywood is it? Are you walkable? Is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I see that's the part that would be a if I lived somewhere close that it.
Speaker 1: Was walkablere's your movie theater, it's probably five miles, six miles.
Speaker 2: Mine's like a mile.
Speaker 1: Most I think there's movie theaters closer mostly to people most of the time.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what it, because that would that would make sense if you're in a city, for example, I mean, Hollywood's probably if you lived closer to it would be one of those.
Speaker 1: But I feel like I've always been with about a mile or two away from the theater.
Speaker 4: It's always close to your heart.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's interesting though, that a big perk for you is to be able to block out seats, because when I have gone to the theater, it's not necessarily packed these days.
Speaker 4: It's been a long time since.
Speaker 3: I think the last packed show that I saw was Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: But it's a great deal if you see four or five movies, even if you see three movies a month, twenty five bucks for the service to seat three movies a month, where you'd be spending eighty dollars and you're spending twenty five that's a great deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd brag about that too.
Speaker 4: Hey, sign me up for the cult also Sinners.
Speaker 7: Right now, it's like trying to see that in like what you call it imax, like it's just sewed out like that. And like any Marvel film or like any superhero film, those sell out very quickly, and having the A list, you can like block out like two days, you know what I mean. Like sometimes it's I get a little greedy and I got like, yeah, the day releases in the next day, even but I released the seats later.
Speaker 4: But I say, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool that you can get in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. Uh, Diane or Diana?
Speaker 7: Diane?
Speaker 2: Oh Diane? Yeah, it's not my mother, is it? That'd be weird.
Speaker 4: No, it's great.
Speaker 1: Tell me where'd you meet Diane on the apps? On the apps? And how long has this love been blossoming?
Speaker 4: Three months?
Speaker 2: Oh, Elmer?
Speaker 4: Why aren't you keeping secrets?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's take a break and then we'll come back and find out more about Diane. Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: New edition.
Speaker 1: Since Elmer's been with his girlfriend and for three months, what kind of parents will they be? Go, Elmer, how many kids have you talked about having together?
Speaker 4: Oh? My god?
Speaker 8: If he has an answer to this, though, Elmer and I are like, we should be brothers if he genuinely three months in knows how many kids the two of them would like to have.
Speaker 4: Okay, Elmer, Florias yours? Has it come up yet?
Speaker 7: Uh no, But we have talked about, like what kids would look like if you know what I mean, mixed race couple.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, well that's the same thing. That's pretty good. Three months in race couple.
Speaker 2: Kids are always the cutest.
Speaker 3: Quantity you haven't talked about. I mean, you talked about quality quantity, and I think that's that's actually.
Speaker 2: Are we talking two or five?
Speaker 4: You think how many would you, like, Elmer if you had your brothers? Well, it depends how much money.
Speaker 2: I'm making good point. That's a smart zero.
Speaker 8: If they're not that expensive early on, they get expensive when they're like teenagers.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, let's see maybe two, maybe adopt one?
Speaker 4: Oh so you go three or one of those two would be about.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe like one and done.
Speaker 8: It seems to be a growing trend in younger folks. With all due respect him, right, you're obviously yeah, adoption. The adoption thing, like people like they grow up saying that they want to have maybe one of their own, but they definitely want to adopt another one.
Speaker 2: Is that? Because why is that? Elmer? Why would you like to adopt one?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's just been like since I was a kid, I've always been like, there's a lot of kids out there, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Is that? But the reason why I think this is interesting is this is like almost like a cultural hive mind thing that is within a generation. And I mean, I'm sure and an economist could dig into what is the psychological inspiration behind it? But yeah, I hear it constantly from people who don't have kids yet that there are more and more people are talking about adopting. It's interesting where it used to be like a joke when we were kids, you know what I mean, like like that was supposed to be a negative thing, but now people are like, no, this is what everybody should be doing.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering why Gary's face looks like that, it's because he's a pure bred family believe in any sort of crossing of any lines.
Speaker 4: At Gary, why would you bring this up at this time?
Speaker 6: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if we're going to talk about.
Speaker 4: Dogs, we're gonout. I see what you're doing.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying, yes, I don't have any that one must have really landed, had good job.
Speaker 6: We were all.
Speaker 2: Here to see the downfall of I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: I was going to say I have adopted people in my family. I mean, my brother in law was adopted. But wait, doesn't count. And I'm trying to think of it's okay, it's all right.
Speaker 4: I think it's humans.
Speaker 7: You know, we should be more communal and this should be like more talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we should take care of like the kids that don't have like parents.
Speaker 7: That's very nice, protect each other and like, yeah, it's cool to have your own kids. But imagine if everyone just like adopted and like to just be like less said kids.
Speaker 5: In the world.
Speaker 9: You know, as an adopted person, I would rather have my own than adopt me too.
Speaker 1: I don't want that surprise box. As an adopted kid, I wouldn't want me. I wouldn't want to open that up and be like, oh great, I've got this for most of my life.
Speaker 8: One of the things that I brought in to talk about I think kind of addresses this thing. I'm not trying to shorn this in at all. I'm sorry if I'm ruining him per segment. But no, it's that the idea that I found this article that they did another study that basically corroborated with this new belief that more of what people are is genetic than it is there's more nature than there is nurture. That and it's not trying to discount a nurture situation at all, where your environment and all that stuff does have an impact on you, but kind of there's this concept that's growing that there's at your core, your genetics decide who you are and what's going to happen to you.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that, no, because I know both sides.
Speaker 1: I know my parents, and I know my biological mother, and I am just like my mother my mother. I've met my biological mother. I have a lot of similarities with her, but she seems much more normal.
Speaker 8: So even like personality and things like that, because I think there's a tendency to be like I am.
Speaker 1: I am very much into the I've learned, at least from the small sample of information I have for my own situation, that it's much more nurture over nature.
Speaker 4: Fascinating. Well, I guess we're done, then, I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: But I guess it's I mean, it's it's got to be different.
Speaker 1: I mean, like there's a study for everything to say, you know, together, it can all you know.
Speaker 4: Come on, well and you can't. This goes to what you say. I'm easily persuaded.
Speaker 2: There's a study for that.
Speaker 4: Your kids are younger than my kids. I think I have a better.
Speaker 3: I'm closer to a conclusion than you would be, yes, because I have a better idea of what their adult personalities. We're like sixty eight years ahead of me, I think, if I'm correct, sixty eight years six six to eight years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you're making a Shannon now old I am. You've got him on the ropes from your ear. Yeah, you're red dog.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good right now, he's laughing inside somewhere face.
Speaker 3: But the idea that the genetics, I mean, we raised our kids in the same house at the same time, like they were, they're they're not that far apart in age two years, two two and a half years. So the idea that they can come out and be very different people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my brother and I are very different.
Speaker 1: Both adopted, separate adoptive fam separate families, you know, and we are very different like your kids.
Speaker 2: My brother and I are just.
Speaker 4: Kids, are two different people.
Speaker 8: In my exactly, there's but again to me, there's the core of who they are, right. They still they're very different and they're better people than I am. But at the core they still have my softness, my sappiness.
Speaker 1: There's like innate stuff in your personality that is genetics, but then there's the stuff that shapes who you are, and I think that that stuff is more prominent than the innate stuff.
Speaker 2: And my brother is really good.
Speaker 1: When it comes to fixing cars, just like his biological family was.
Speaker 2: On both sides. My family can't fix a car.
Speaker 1: My dad couldn't fix anything, but he has that innate gift. But his entire personality is the family personality like you know as well.
Speaker 4: It should be.
Speaker 8: I mean, there also could be argued that, you know, our brains are kind of wired to find these connections and to solve the things that don't make sense, and so we're going to see things the way that we want.
Speaker 3: To see that total, and then how much how much would your genetics are your genetics malleable? Can can they change from generation to generation? Whereas you know Shannon's brother's great at fixing cars but has a very unique personality. Does his kid do his kids do they have his personality because his genes changed. I mean, I don't know that'd be much more of a different scientific question.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 8: I think if I think I was going to try to oversimplify what this study was saying is that I think it's like they're trying to argue that it's a sixty forty split and that your environment has maybe a forty percent or less influence on who you are at your core being. Like I would almost argue that if you had not had a positive experience with your adopted family, that you would probably have a differing perspective as well, Like you would probably look at it and not want to see the similarities.
Speaker 2: You're assuming I had a positive experience.
Speaker 4: Well based. Okay, she is very good at this.
Speaker 3: Drock Karn will continue justin.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like I do see how it hurts. It hurts.
Speaker 8: A break, I'm gonna take a get an emotional neroic.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 8: And he was like the oyster knife was like, let me see your inside.
Speaker 3: I do think it was better that you were able to get some of it out. I agree, Yeah, Gary and Shannon kf I live everywhere.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I thought. I was like, I'm freaking justin right now, and I don't like it.
Speaker 4: It's not bad. I mean, you get premature gray, but in that life.
Speaker 5: Is pretty good.
Speaker 4: But you stood up. There was a you were very physical.
Speaker 2: You're very like, okay, well, let's not talk about it.
Speaker 4: He just goes into himself like shoulders cry over.
Speaker 2: You know, I crumpled a piece of paper.
Speaker 8: It's not that bad. I mean, depends what's the backstory of the pride.
Speaker 4: What's the paper? Where's what's the journey?
Speaker 2: What's its journey?
Speaker 3: We humans are very closely related to to chimpanzees and apes and.
Speaker 4: Large large apes yep.
Speaker 3: And there's a study that suggests that as different as our parenting styles can be among humans, there are different parenting styles among the great apes.
Speaker 8: So they decided to look at Sumatran orangutangs because the Sumatra ones are definitely the top notch and because of any mammal let me get non human animal, they care for their children longer than anybody else, and it's six to nine years. So it's still like I think I was going to say half, but probably a quarter for our kids nowadays, depending on what you evolve. And so they were looking at and what they found was that there was there was consistent differences between the different mothers that they like observed over six thousand hours of orangutans mothering their young. Anyway, they also found that what made them feel like this was something that was a personality trait of the mom was that it would be consistent through multiple children, like they had their way of doing it, and there was like variations between how long they would carry them and how long they would help them with food, and how long they wanted them to be close to them as they got older. So there's various points within their development that a mom would be like, Okay, n it's time for you to go away from me and go figure it out.
Speaker 3: Well, and let me ask if there's a connection here, because we just talked about the idea that genetics shape personality. The genetics are the things that will control these things. So is this a suggestion perhaps or do you conclude from that, ye, genetics will determine what kind of a parent you're going to be.
Speaker 8: I think so I think depending on what you believe, I mean, I think if you're more leaning science than I think, this could be an argument that this is how parenting evolves, like and people evolved that right now. I mean, there's a strong movement evolutionarily for parenting to be like very involved in what your kids are doing well into adulthood. And I think that probably much like we talk a lot about homework, how it swings on a pendulum, like they go from no homework now we get get caught up on a.
Speaker 2: Homework of how you guys parent and your wife's parent.
Speaker 1: Is is the way that they were parented or you were parented.
Speaker 8: I think it's always informed, but I like so for me, I copied a lot about what I got from my dad, but then there was this part that I got from my mom that was very soft and loving, right, And so I've even though Natalie still handles that my wife, I feel like there's a lot I've softened. I'm a lot softer than my dad is in so many.
Speaker 2: Ways you always have been. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, but it's interesting too because as he got.
Speaker 8: Older and I've I'm experienced. I don't know if you would agree, Gary, we talked about this the three sevens. Right, zero to seven you play with your kids, and then seven to fourteen guide you teach them, and then fourteen to twenty one. It's kind of like you're more of a coach. I'm sorry, you teach them from seven to fourteen, and you coach them from fourteen to twenty one, and that I feel like as I got older, I could see my dad also softening and like it felt more pure, Like there was always the respect that he was my dad, but it was just it was a different relationship that became more friendly. And I see that start to happening happen with my kids right now, that there's this change that even happens throughout time.
Speaker 3: I my parents were very hands off for the most part, not that they didn't care, but Dad, for example, it was just very He's just very hands off. He didn't know the names of my friends, or he didn't know I'm pretty sure he knew where my school was, but I don't if he was tasked with ever picking me up from school, it would be an adventure for him to get there, and I I I don't know if I tried to or I just kind of fell into that pattern.
Speaker 4: With my kids.
Speaker 3: I was much more involved with them than my dad was with my childhood, but not in a negative.
Speaker 8: I don't look back and I, yeah, you were doing that because your dad wasn't there, right, or was it?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, I will say this my trend.
Speaker 3: If it were not for my wife encouraging me to be involved with stuff, I wouldn't have been involved with something. Yeah, Like I was encouraged like, hey, why don't you coach a volunteer to coach the baseball team or the soccer team or something like that, because then you get to hang out with your kids, And I'm like, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: There's other kids.
Speaker 3: There's other kids there too, and parents and adults, and like, I don't I like my kids, but there's a lot that goes with that. But it was, you know, and it kind of was the decision of, well, if they see me involved and if they remember me being involved, maybe there is a benefit to that that goes beyond what a benefit I received from my own parents.
Speaker 8: My thing my dad did a version of this, but not as not to the level that I think I've done, is that my thing was I wanted to be so involved that the people that were watching over my kids would know that I'm involved, and therefore they would pay more attention to my kids. And it worked like when they were in elementary school, I would get yard duties that would come up and be like, hey, your son hasn't eaten lunch in the past couple of days. Like they would be aware of that kind of stuff. I think when they see that investment, it makes sense. But the thing that also blew my mind about the Rangutans is that there was one kind of thing that they saw as a parental trend where the mothers that carried their kids longer, those kids would develop the ability to eat on their own sooner and be more independent as they got older.
Speaker 2: Your kids don't even need lunch now, is right.
Speaker 4: I don't even feed them, right, It's not too far off for themselves now.
Speaker 8: It's going to bark out in the backyard the other day. Listen, everybody has to grow up their own way. Gar's good kids. Just thank you. Justin Worsham, of course, is a great person.
Speaker 2: He is a great person.
Speaker 4: I'm still here. This is great for me. Oh, I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: That we can do more.
Speaker 1: Stick around for the next hour We'll make it all about you.
Speaker 4: Early birthday for me.
Speaker 2: Guys, Gary and Shannon will continue on right.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app