Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: You know a Soilent Green.
Speaker 3: I didn't say fill the potholes with the homeless. I think it's like your creativity.
Speaker 2: You remember Soilent Green, one of the better movies where people became food fish. Yeah, chilent greedest.
Speaker 1: Paper and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It's a Friday. It's a foody Friday. April eighteenth and Friday Friday. We always have a good time. I had by all because we're gonna do a couple of serious topics, but we try to get fairly fun, fairly fun Fridays. Ooh, maybe we changed the name from foody Friday to fairly fun foody Friday.
Speaker 4: Fabulous?
Speaker 2: What funny fabulous? Yeah, we'll figure that out in the meantime. Hello, you know what I'm gonna start with Will this morning. I've rarely done that. Hello, Will, Cole Schreiber to what do I owe this? You owe this to the one time in the history of this show that this will happen. Okay, that's what you owe it to. You good morning, so enjoy it. While you can. Amy, Good morning, Hi Bill, how are you good? The necklace? Of course you have a mickey on your sweatshirt.
Speaker 4: Couss, because I'm going to Disneyland today, of.
Speaker 2: Course you are. What is that necklace thing? It's the little rum.
Speaker 4: It's a multi million dollar diamond necklace.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it. Those are diamonds, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really, I can't see very closely my eyes. It is going south on me. Uh kno, good morning, good morning, and and good morning, good morning, and uh I think finally last but least Neil, good morning, sir. What up?
Speaker 3: Dog?
Speaker 2: What up? Dog? True dad? Yeah? Yeah dog? Hey homie?
Speaker 3: Wait, Amy, what past do you have that you can go today?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? What past do I have that I can go today?
Speaker 3: Aren't we blocked out right now?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I I have the Inspire key. There's more aspire?
Speaker 2: Is that in reference to that Disney is inspired to make more money by overcharging you for this particular pass.
Speaker 5: It is inspired to make more money, but it's not overcharging me for this past.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys to be honest, and I'm going to be honest now. Is uh The Disney pass pays for itself in very short period of time. Couple reasons. One is now a per day pass is what eight hundred nine hundred dollars and change?
Speaker 3: Don't rile up us Disney folks man on a Friday morning.
Speaker 2: You know, Disney has never asked me to do commercials.
Speaker 4: I wonder why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kaiser has done the same thing with me. You know, I'm a fan of Kaiser. I've been with Kaiser since I've been five years old, so I've been around a long time. When he came to America, almost the first thing we did to sign up with Kaiser, And I tell people, have Kaiser, it's phenomenal you've got I mean, you've got a fifty to fifty chance they're going to kill you whenever you go there, granted, but if you're one of the few people that survive, you're going to be very happy with the service. Wow, no commercials from Kaiser.
Speaker 3: The geriatric unit called Geezer.
Speaker 2: Oh not bad? Not bad?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, you know what it's not bad? Neil. Neil occasionally has lines or retorts or views that I get very angry with him because I'm pissed off that I didn't think of those.
Speaker 3: You should hear the ones I don't say, so that you know, Oh, I've heard the ones you don't get fired.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've heard the ones you don't say. And that's that's our law. That's my last broadcast here on KFI is We're going to be putting together a what is called a sizzle reel and it will simply be statements, comments, stories, interactions, retorts that would never ever make it on the air, or if they did, that would be the last day I'd have them. And that's exactly what the last day is going to be about. Okay, fair enough. Oh, tonight is an event that I am going to that none of you will be invited to or are and that is the anniversary of Caterina's cleb at Anaheim White House. And they've been around, I think for twenty years and they just hit ten million meals that Bruno has served to kids in need. I mean, it is phenomenal. So just on, behalf of the kids, thank you, and behalf that those those those of us that are gonna get free food tonight, thank you. Uh And again the morning crew, Bruno did say, please tell the morning crew that we appreciate the work and they are not invited tonight.
Speaker 3: You know, how about a little shout out to Michelle Cube.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Michelle is the one that first found Yeah, and someone asked me, and someone asked me last night or a couple of nights ago, exactly how it all started. And you have to give Michelle the credit. She found Catalina's club. She puts together our apastathon every year, and uh, without Michelle, this could really not have happened. Well, actually a coc to be honest with you, probably not listen.
Speaker 3: And she doesn't get paid extra to have, you know, those long days to during pastathon and.
Speaker 2: All nobody gets paid extra to do anything at iHeart.
Speaker 3: You see what she did for the wiggle wagglewalk too. She just she's very giving. It was you know Marion Brown here.
Speaker 2: It's very strange. All right, guys. It's a Foody Friday, which means that at eight o'clock we do Foody Friday with Neil. At eight thirty it's asked handle anything. However, at six am, which is right about now, it's handled on the news Amy Neil and me lead story. Well, federal judge ruled yesterday and this is the second time a ruling as like this has come down. Google has created a monopoly allowing to control parts of the entire online advertising industry. And what does that mean? Could be asked to break apart part of its vast empire. And so I mean, we're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars of revenue every year.
Speaker 5: So what do they do with that bill I mean, if they're ordered to break it up, do they just sell it off to friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, they spin it off, or it becomes an independent country company.
Speaker 4: It could be a country it's worth enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, But they're just forced to sell it off, spin it off, much like with Zuckerberg. It may happen that he's going to be forced to spin off WhatsApp, Instagram. Just sell it.
Speaker 3: People that rich don't lose money. What they do is they shift it around Amy's sometimes they sell it out control somehow some.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're really good at what they do. It's not an accident that these guys are billionaires and these companies so overwhelmed the entire industry. Anothery're shooting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, mass shooter uses his mom's gun. At eleven fifty local time yesterday, gunfire rang out on the campus of Florida State University in Tallahassee. Before it was done, two people had been killed, five others were hurt, and then the shooter was also quote neutralized by authorities.
Speaker 4: Police. He's got killed, not killed, He's still alive.
Speaker 5: Police are saying that the shooter's mom is a sheriff's deputy with the Leone County Sheriff's Office and said that the twenty year old shooter used his mom's weapon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now she's I think and should get in trouble for failing to secure her weapon, allowing her twenty year old to get access to that guy. Well, we're going to find out you bet having her anyult.
Speaker 4: He's not a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're still talking about securing weapons. I think you have to secure weapons period at your house. I mean, and I don't know, maybe maybe not, maybe not in Florida. Maybe in Florida. You have to make weapons available to children and everybody else. He's not a child with big arrows pointing to where the guns are or they're in a gun say with a big posted a note that says here is the combination. This is Florida. But it doesn't matter whether it's a child or not. Maybe it's an enhanced law that's violated, but I think any gun at home has to be secured.
Speaker 3: And I thought modern day age is twenty is still a kid, aren't you?
Speaker 2: It depends eighteen. By the way, I may be dead wrong about the law. Maybe it's just children, but I would think against anybody, you have to secure the guns. If a burglar comes in, what.
Speaker 3: I think law enforcement, you would assume they have to secure their sight arm when they get home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or it's even more a violation with law enforcement because they are aware and they live with guns. All right, all right?
Speaker 3: US President Donald Trump, maybe you heard of him, just yesterday, launched a series of attacks against Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell. This is escalet. He's accusing the Central Bank chief of playing politics by not cutting interest rates, asserting that he had the power to evict Powell from his job. Hey, did we ever figure out if that's even possible? Bill?
Speaker 2: It is possible, but only for cause. The law says that a FED chair can be removed but must have done something fundamentally wrong for cause, otherwise can't be touched. Now nominated by the President, confirmed by the Senate, which is how Powell got in. He's a Trump nominee, and so Trump is arguing that Powell's refusal to lower interest rates is somehow political and it is anti Trump. Where the FED is actually independent of the federal government. The FED just does what the FED does monetary policy, totally non political.
Speaker 3: What the FED is separate from the Feds.
Speaker 2: No, the Feds, Well, yeah, good point, the FED, the Federal reserve system. This is it is in fact, just a quick one. And now we go back to my background. You've heard of that, you've been there, the Western Wall that Jews prey at in Jerusalem. The real Western Wall is the western wall of the FED building.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, nice, Moving on.
Speaker 5: Maryland Center has gotten his way, well sort of, at least half of what he wanted. Senator Chris van Holland flew to l Salvador. He said his goal was to meet with Kilmar Abrego Garcia, and at first they said, nope, you can't meet with him. But last night they did get together and had a meeting. Attorneys are fighting to force the Trump administration and to facilitate his return to the US, which so far the administration has said, nope, he's staying there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting that he was able to meet because initially, I mean he went down on his own, without any invitation, without any agreement, without any appointment, and El Salvador said, no, you're not meeting with him. And that's changed because there was there was talk out there that he had been killed, that he had been injured, that he was treated badly. And there's a photo of him of Abrego with the senator holding up that Trump gold card. Because Abrago seems to have been able to raise five million.
Speaker 3: Dollars, I wouldn't be surprised in this weird climate with somebody raising five million dollars on like gofund me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so so he comes back and it becomes well, he actually was here legally.
Speaker 4: We came here illegally.
Speaker 2: He came illegally granted, that's true.
Speaker 5: He was able to stay because the judge said, even though you're probably a gang member, the threat of you getting hurt in your home country is greater.
Speaker 4: So they let me.
Speaker 2: Now a point I want to make to your point. He was granted status to stay here, okay.
Speaker 5: And that grant legal status or they just decided not to kick him out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, he has legal status, but he can be removed instantly. The administration has the ability to remove.
Speaker 3: That all about paperwork, right, So it's.
Speaker 2: About granting the ability to stay. Now, the administration says he got tossed even though he was an accident because he's a member of MS MS thirteen, and his defense his lawyers are saying, there is he has never been charged or there is no evidence that has been presented in court. They're not refuting, by the way, that he is a member of MS or not. They're not denying, saying, oh no, he's not. His of course his family is all his defense attorneys are saying, there is no evidence that you've been able to produce. Is it the same? Probably not. There's a big difference between someone actually being guilty and there's not enough evidence to prove that action court. With tattoos or not that we've seen. Now, well, there's pictures of him with tattoos all over the place. I mean, the guy's tatted up like crazy. But you would think that the administration would show a tattoo showing he's a member of MS thirteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what about this one bill, Because then Carolyn Levitt, who's the Press secretary, did produce reports that he had like beat up his girlfriend a couple of Yeah.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean he's a member of MS thirteen. By the way, beating up his girlfriend is probably beating up his girlfriend is probably enough to get him tossed because it has to do with we there's a moral aspect to being allowed in the United States. You have to be a good moral character, or the government can determine if you're a good moral character.
Speaker 3: Well, that's for sure. There is information about him beating up his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but the point of this story is that the government mistakenly tossed him into prison. He got part of a group of people.
Speaker 3: Which means this is all based on a technicality.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I don't know, because the judge had once he was in the air. The judge has ordered that he'd be returned. Is it a technicality or was it a mistake? If you get if you get arrested because someone else's name is Savedra and it happens all the time, for example, when you have a do not if you're on the do not fly list, and you just have to say, is that a technicality? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We know who he is and we know that he's probably not a good guy, So on a technicality, we're saying he shouldn't have been. That's just weird to mean. Well, on the side of us being protected, I'm all right with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am all right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take an identity. It's not anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, it's just that he got rounded up and where he normally would not have been tossed out. If they were more careful, they wouldn't have thrown him out. We're coming because the bad guys are being deported. Just the bad guys. Well, there's no proof he's ever been charged. You can't just assume someone's a bad person because they have a Latino surname unless it's Savedra. We're coming back tattoos.
Speaker 3: I have a Latino surname, absolutely, But.
Speaker 2: That's where it's I don't have a right anywhere phone called the ice.
Speaker 3: The Menenda twins or brothers resentencing bit is delayed, so you have this highly anticipated resenting hearing everybody who's waiting for yesterday for the convicted killers Eric and Lyle Menendez. If you remember, if you're familiar or forgot, in nineteen eighty nine, they shot their parents in the face basically the Beverly Hills mansion there and with a shotgun, if I'm not mistaken, and even went outside and reloaded it. So it kicked off yesterday, but it unraveled pretty darn quickly, and it was postponed by the judge. The hearing was set to decide whether the brothers serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole, should receive a new sentence. It could allow.
Speaker 2: Nathan Hachman, because someone mute, please Nathan Hawkman, the attorney. The DA has been fighting this. He wants to keep them in jail. And what he did is asked for a continuance and he got it. He got it, So we'll follow that one up on May third.
Speaker 3: You know what bugs meet. There's something in the logic called infinite regression where you just keep adding a link to the chain, right, instead of answering something. So I get that they might have been horrifically tortured and abused as children, which is I get it, that's horrible, But if what if their father was horrifically abused as a child, and you keep pushing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so nobody's accountable at that point, you just keep pushing the blame back. Ultimately, have to be accountable for your own actions, regardless of what happened to you, unless it's directly self defense.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. You know. For example, just give me an example. My dad, because he's old school, beat the crap out of me when I was a kid. Does that mean I'm justified in playing kickball with my daughters?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, defense. I don't think it was because you know, he was old school. I think any parent would have beat you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. He actually was seriously bipolar. But that's a different issue. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 4: Amy uh making the deal for minerals.
Speaker 5: Meetings between Ukraine and the United States on a rare earth minerals deal, for me to say, have been hailed as really productive and positive. That according to Ukraine's President Volodomyr Zelenski, remember the deal was close to being done and then they had that blowout in the Oval office between Zelensky and Trump. But now a memorandum of intent could be signed as early as today and then they'd work on the full agreement. And in the agreement, apparently we get the minerals, they get our protection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand a lot of this. First of all, the political aspect of this. China controls most rare earth mineral around the world. I think they have eighty percent, which means if they stop it, stop exporting it. I mean, the world of iPhones, computers, cars just disappears because it's they're absolutely necessary to create all of that. Ukraine has a lot of this. Why the United States by treaty couldn't get all of it don't know. Well, maybe the deal is we'll support you and send you you'll you'll get arms and we get the rare earths. And if that pans out, okay, not a bad deal. We don't pay for it, well we do indirectly, but we're gonna get a lot more credit for most of the world by supply supplying Ukraine with arms than just buying rare earths. And Denmark that owns the Greenland Greenland, thank you very much. And this all Greenland has to do with all of this, Thank you very much, for that is a huge ally of the US. Because Greenland has a lot of this too. So it's it's a complicated mess as always. All right, let's do one more.
Speaker 3: All right, The Federal Grand Jury has returned a four count indictment against Luigi Mangioni, the most Italian name on the planet, the man accused, of course, in the December fourth killing of healthcare executive in man Manhattan, originally charged after his arrest in a federal complaint. But this indictment, and of course Attorney General Pam Bondi's April first announcement that the prosecutors will seek the death penalty is more aggressive and well, look at.
Speaker 2: Kind of look at the kind of support he has from women all over the countries like Ted Bundy, good looking guy demonstrations Free Luigi Freeman Gioni. I have a brilliant idea. Are you ready for this? This guy is very good looking. What if the government were to create a calendar of good looking death row inmates, oh boy, like fire department, like firefighters, and do it before and after photo. I don't buy calendars, I would I listen.
Speaker 3: This is what keeps me on the straight and narrow, because if I shot and killed somebody, my fat, ugly ass would be in prison and there would be no women cheering me on.
Speaker 2: Would there'd be a few men in your cell chearing you on and making you squeal? Okay, let's go ahead. No, you're too ugly for you even for that.
Speaker 5: From boards to bikes, people up in Big Bear get a rather historic opportunity this weekend. They could ski and mountain bike in a single day. They've got an extra long winter season, so it's the final weekend of skiing at Bear Mountain, and then Snow Valley is launching its summer season, which means that they're going to have lift served downhill, mountain biking, hiking, scenic skychair rides, and food. Somebody at Snow Valley said it's a unique chance to hit the Big Bear double.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the stores that sell skis with wheels on them, which are difficult to sell normally, they're they'ren't gonna be in good shape, right, those wheels going down the hill. I'm not a big skier, so I really don't know how you have wheels.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you could do both, though, you could do wheels with skis on them and skis with wheels on.
Speaker 2: Them either way.
Speaker 3: Actually have some great biking trails there and at Santa's Village as well. There and gosh, right off the oat.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I remember Santa's Village. Is that still around.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 2: You know they when I was a kid, they asked, have they asked me to leave? I actually got kicked out of.
Speaker 4: You were a kid, Yeah, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, the little ones were getting on Santa's lap and I kept on saying, this guy is a fake, this is not real. And the parents got a little upset with that.
Speaker 3: And okay, no Jews are allowed in there.
Speaker 2: Especially the ones with oh the ones, the kids with Yamaka's He threw them right off his lap. He just said, not for you.
Speaker 3: Well, wear a red one with a little ball on the top. Nobody.
Speaker 2: Now, then you're going to a Halloween party as the pope. Okay, let's move.
Speaker 3: On all right. Hamas wants a comprehensive deal to end the war in Gaza, swap all Israeli hostages for Palestinian jailed in Israel. And this comes from a senior official from the Palestinian militant group. They said they are, but they are rejecting Israel's offer for an interim truce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's there's gonna be no deal for a while. Israel wants all the hostages back and then we'll start talking. Hamas is willing to release the hostages if Israel permanently leaves the permanently leaves Gaza and allows Gaza to keep its arms, allowing it to still have an army, and cut a deal for reconstruction of Gaza where it's hundreds of billions of dollars that we construct Gaza and they want Israel too, Well, I guess spend more than it's an annual budget. So well, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. It'll happen, but not anytime soon, or I'm wrong and it will happen anytime soon. Damn, I'm good at this. Okay, that's analysis for you.
Speaker 5: Moving on, fire victims are fighting mad. The people who lost their homes in the Eton fire either lost them completely or had them severely damaged. Our accusing State Farm of a pattern of delays and denials in handling their claims. A group gathered in Pasadena yesterday demanding that the California Insurance Commissioner reject State farms proposed twenty two percent rate hike.
Speaker 4: One guy said, doing.
Speaker 5: This handling your claims is like having a full time job, and he said to just have the insurance company. That's really are you supposed to have your back? Completely abandon you is a living nightmare.
Speaker 2: Okay. First of all, asking an insurance company to have your back is always very difficult, and there's two issues here, and they're conflating the issues. State Farm wants twenty two percent more just to be viable to pay claims because it is so crazy out there in terms of wildfire and coverage. On the other hand, if they're delaying paying out and investigating these fires to either find out whether it's really that much damage to your home, which you have a legitimate interest in doing, and there's delay in that, then it's legitimate for the insurance commissioner to say, Okay, until you start acting appropriately, you're not going to get your twenty two percent. And so the two percent may be legit having nothing to do with their delay, just simply keeping the company viable. And I think you have to separate the two, and I don't know if they have separated the two. I think done. Guys. That's it. This is KFI AM six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,