Speaker 1: I'm Ali. I came out after twenty years of marriage and I have three kids.
Speaker 2: I'm Melissa and I have two kids, and I came out at thirty seven after an eleven year marriage.
Speaker 1: This podcast is about coming out later and the struggles and victories that come with it.
Speaker 2: When coming out feels like the end of the world, but it's really just the beginning.
Speaker 1: This is the Lesbian Chronicles. Welcome to the Lesbian Chronicles.
Speaker 2: My dog just she almost darted out of my hands and went into like a tirade.
Speaker 3: I like barely caught her.
Speaker 1: Really, wait, why I can't believe you hold her through the podcast.
Speaker 2: I know, I you know, thank you for bringing this up because I have a meaning to say, because sometimes when I'm editing, I can hear the dog chewing on her bone, and I'm like, God, people probably think I'm like smacking gum or something.
Speaker 1: I know, they think you're eating with your mouth something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's the dog.
Speaker 2: Because anyone who's ever been around a little dog knows that it needs to be the center of attention at all times.
Speaker 1: This little dog is like no little dog I've ever met.
Speaker 3: She's got more personality and she's got.
Speaker 1: Energy in that dog.
Speaker 2: She does, and she weighs eight pounds and yeah, so if I don't hold her in my lap while we do this, she will bark at me the whole time because she cannot comprehend why I'm looking at the computer and talking.
Speaker 1: Were you offended the other day when you were like, I'm bringing the dog and I'm like.
Speaker 3: When you were like you are?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: It wasn't that I thought that it would be bad. I just knew it would be bad for you because I knew all my neighbors would have.
Speaker 4: Their dogs here.
Speaker 2: So the only reason why we were considering doing that, and we as in me and my kids, is because we were trying to get to your house quickly. And it's like traffic in Atlanta has been pure insanity. It was Saturday, and it was going to be like over an hour and a half round trip for me to go drop her off of the condo and then go to your place. And so we were like, let's just go straight there, and we'll kind of like take turns like.
Speaker 3: Babysit and the dog. And then as we're.
Speaker 2: Driving, all three of us are kind of like getting more and more anxious about it.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, you know what, Today's not the day.
Speaker 1: Today is not the day. She's just she's a handful, for sure.
Speaker 3: She's a handful and she hates other dogs.
Speaker 1: So I never realized and this is not like my dog has many a shortcoming, but she is a great dog because she is. I never realized how quiet she is. She doesn't her only I would say issue is that when we're recording here, she cannot leave you guys alone. But she's not a loud dog. She's not a jumper. She's just kind of like she's.
Speaker 2: Bothering us while we're recording, or like you have like a guest there, like, and she wants their attention.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like Charlie, but she's not barking, like.
Speaker 1: She's quiet about it. She's getting really overweight, and it's like the more overweight she gets, the easier she gets. Like then she's really not trying to do anything.
Speaker 3: You're going to give her more treats, more bacon, I actually don't.
Speaker 1: She is on a diet. Anyway, This is so boring. Let's talk about the takeover. Let's talk about the Urban Pie takeover. That was super fun.
Speaker 3: It was super fun. I had a great time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone was kind of like looking for something to do finally, like, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was like a good weekend to do it. I saw so many people that I've never seen it takeover.
Speaker 3: Before, yeah, or that I haven't seen in like months.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: The lady who cuts my hair was there. Really, she's never I mean I was like, what are you doing here? Like it was, Yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 3: Wait did you call your hair Keenan?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I've never met Keenan in person. We're friends on social media, but yeah, it was very cool to meet her. A couple of people drove down from like the deep suburbs really yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, well yeah one yeah, one in particular Debt for sure.
Speaker 3: I see it as the deep suburbs.
Speaker 2: Sorry if I'm offending anyone who lives out that way, but it is the.
Speaker 1: It's not even the suburbs at that point. It's your a little different.
Speaker 2: Place, harder to get to Atlanta from. In my it's another city.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I did have to call out you and your daughter for sneaking off into.
Speaker 1: The night Listen. I am known for this, but that was I was That was the worst offense I've ever done. Like that one was even I was ashamed of.
Speaker 3: It was so bad it was shameful.
Speaker 1: I literally so, Jamie and Ashley are sitting having pizza and they are right by the exit. Okay. I look at Tate to like connect with her that this is what's about to happen, and tastes like, what like you just like you're in a conversation. I walk over like I'm grabbing a slice of pizza. Grab the pizza, rotate my back, go literally the sneak out. You know, you send me that gift of Homer Simpson, and like I backed up out of the door that I looked at tatea I go, come on now, now it's your chance. So she comes running out. She's like, we're just walking out. You're not saying bye to anyone. I'm like, no, this is how it's done. I said, if you start saying bye, we're going to be here another thirty minutes. I mean where you want to go?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I got out of there and then I texted you immediately.
Speaker 3: And it's awkward to say goodbye to everybody.
Speaker 1: I know, especially because it was so early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so early and then I went to your house because I was determined to get my fucking sandwich.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Holy shut off. Your alarm shuts.
Speaker 1: Off my entire alarm. Tatum is like, what the hell she needed a sandwich that bad?
Speaker 3: Sandwiches?
Speaker 1: Do you tell me that you were? If you would have told me, I wouldn't upset the alarm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you I was gonna come by and grab it.
Speaker 1: Damn my bad.
Speaker 2: I'm half of it, and I want to share my door dash secret that I just tried to that is to change your name to a man's name and you will get a much larger portion.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: That was the largest sandwich I've ever had in my entire life. That's why I had to like break it into two meals.
Speaker 1: What did you say your name was?
Speaker 2: I put Keith Lee, like because that's a food influencer on TikTok, because that's so smart, so they'll think it's Keith Lee and load it up.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Okay, that's a good hack. My hack is at restaurants or reservations, I always say it's a birthday or an anniversary.
Speaker 3: I do that too, but it's like most of the time, they don't give a shit. Well, I feel like.
Speaker 1: They get good tables.
Speaker 3: You do, Yeah, I don't know. I've tried.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe I do get a better table, but I expect something like, I don't know, free appetizer.
Speaker 1: Free, appetizer free.
Speaker 3: I would always go like bond dates and be like, yeah, it's our anniversary. We've been taking two weeks exactly.
Speaker 1: A month is a long time in lesbian world.
Speaker 3: That is, be like, yeah, we're celebrating a year exactly, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you introduce our guests today because you are the one who found her for us.
Speaker 3: I secured her, secured her. Does she know that?
Speaker 1: Does she know that she got secured? Because she looks like Aubrey Plaza.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that's what I was gonna leave Sean, so go for it.
Speaker 2: I was scrolling on like Instagram and I came across Abby, and I swear I had to do a double take where I was like, oh my god, it's Aubrey Plaza and she's singing.
Speaker 3: Like what's going on here? And so I sent Abby a.
Speaker 2: Message and I was like, I just have to tell you, like you look so much like Aubrey Plaza. It's crazy to me, so abby welcome and congratulations.
Speaker 3: I'm looking so much like Aubrey Plaza exactly.
Speaker 4: And there's at work literally like stop meetings and say you look like Aubrey Paza and you sound like her too, So oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wait, so this is like a common thing. I love that. Then it's obviously true, it's not just us.
Speaker 4: And then I knew you Melissa.
Speaker 3: Are you Melisa or Melissa Melissa?
Speaker 1: Let's tell.
Speaker 4: I know. I knew who you were from Lesbian Chronicles. I was like, oh my gosh, the Lesbian Chronicles woman just followed me one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, not only did she follow you, but she used your music at a post. Everybody go check it out, although I guess you're not singing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used the beginning clip of her song Naomi, which is a great song. I used it for my Lesbian Visibility Week post that I did a week late.
Speaker 4: So I noticed that my song was on that and I commented on that too, so oh perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you you tagged her? I hope?
Speaker 2: I mean, I wasn't sure how that works when you like use an artist music, does it late?
Speaker 1: I saw her name at the top, so you I am there, but I wonder if we need to tag her too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can tag you totally.
Speaker 1: Do you know I almost named Tatum Naomi, so I'm curious about that. And the title of that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually based on an episode of Emily in Paris, and I have two exes who think that song is about them, so really, yeah, but it's just about an international, fun little romance. Okay, I love this romance.
Speaker 1: One side, aren't they? Yeah, gosh, a one side of romance.
Speaker 3: Aren't they all?
Speaker 1: Are they all exactly?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit about your like coming out and like how you got to Now.
Speaker 4: Well, Allie, it wasn't really an easy road. I grew up in a conservative town in Connecticut, very Catholic, and my mom's side is Catholic, but I'm actually Jewish from my dad's So I was already the weird, like fat Jewish kid in high school. In middle school, of course, and I didn't really realize that being gay was even an option until maybe, I don't know, fourteen or fifteen, and I ask.
Speaker 1: You, was the Jewish or the Catholic? I'm Catholic. Was the Jewish or the Catholic more oppressive. I'm just so curious you're because you have both in your house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, both lot of guilt?
Speaker 1: Was it the Catholic the Jewish guilt?
Speaker 4: Well, the Jewish guilt is kind of like an inherent thing. I mean that's just inside of you always. But I think it was just like the overarching religious themes, you know, not only in my town. And this was like two thousand and six to two thousand and eight something like that. So okay, still wasn't It wasn't okay to be gay even back then. Yeah, So I watched a lot of Degrassi as a kid and kind of figured out through one of the storylines, like the Page and Alex storyline. If anyone remembers that that I was a lesbian and I came out as By in like early high school because a lot of other girls were coming out as By at that time, and a neighbor actually got wind of it and told her mom, and her mom called my mom, and I got in a lot of trouble for me.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if a mom called me to tell me Owen was gay, I would feel like.
Speaker 3: It's something wrong, lack in their face, subject, whats wrong with you?
Speaker 1: What a weirdo?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did your mom say? I got in a lot of trouble, okay, but it's like, is this woman stay in your fucking lane? That's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Devastating?
Speaker 1: It is devastating.
Speaker 3: What was that like for? I mean, how were you?
Speaker 4: I was fifteen, so both of my parents were like not supportive at that time, to put it lightly, So yeah I was. I was like punished for it. But now they're both incredibly supportive. My mom actually loves all of the cloud that comes with being the mom of the lesbians.
Speaker 1: All the clouds.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did she say though? Like is it a small enough town that this mom is calling her? And then it becomes like the story and the friend group of like so and So's mom called my mom, it's like humiliating.
Speaker 4: No, In fact, it was like a lot of the vitriol was directed toward me, so you know the administrators found out at school of course, like the school counselors and the teachers and other kids, and I was really ostracized because of it, and it really affected I think the way that I was served as a student in that school. Like I told you, both in the little boor b. I sent that like my school counselor was telling me basically, don't even go to don't even try to apply to college, just go to community college. And I was taking all AP classes, and you know, I was smart and musically talented and all of that, and yeah, just affected everything about my upbringing.
Speaker 2: That's so surprising, like because I don't know, I think, you know, for me and Ali having grown up in like eighties nineties culture where it was like, you know, of course, I could expect something like that to happen back then, like without question, and I think, you know, two thousand and eight ish, in my eyes, I thought people were like really coming around.
Speaker 3: But I guess it's like that.
Speaker 2: Still stuff still happens, Like two day, I could see that happening in my community where my kids are growing up. Of like a parent calling and saying that kind of thing of like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Can you believe this?
Speaker 2: Was there also like a tone of like how could Abby know at this young age that she's by?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I think at that point I had come out as by because like I said, I didn't even know that being a lesbian was an option, and I was still figuring it out for myself. So certainly there was a lot of disbelief for or discrediting of my loved reality. But yeah, it's stuck.
Speaker 1: Were your parents like immediately they're angry or they're they're scared, But then are they like you're just confused, Like we're going to get this fixed or you're gonna be okay? Like what was the come around and then the eventual acceptance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a little bit of that, and I think like this also led to some mental health issues for me. Yeah, imagine, so there was definitely some of that in like therapeutic settings like oh, you're just confused. You know, this will be something that you grow out of once you feel better, like you're treated for depression. So there's a lot of that growing up. But then I think just as it became more societally accepted, my parents were more willing to accept me and now are like full gay supporters and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did your music Like did you as you wrote songs, like, did it start to showcase in your work or was it like how does that work?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 4: Really this is actually the really talked about it really Okay, Well, I didn't start writing music until I was twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, go.
Speaker 2: Into that part of like, so you've kind of gone back in the closet. What did your life look like from there?
Speaker 4: I never went back into the closet. I was just outay from there on out. Yeah. No, I was just known as the weird gay kid at school.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, even with the judgment, you just stayed the course.
Speaker 4: I stayed the course.
Speaker 1: That's amazing there I am today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even though you said the other girls were coming out as by, were they also judging?
Speaker 4: So the girls who were coming out as by were kind of seen as like like the trashy girls. So they were already stigmatized in that way, and so I'm sure that that played out for them in that way in terms of dealing with teachers and administrators. But I was seen as someone who just like would have a life of petty crime. I guess like administrators and teachers didn't think that I would achieve anything simply because I was gay.
Speaker 1: It's so strange.
Speaker 2: What did your life look like like once your parents had kind of like started to accept you your the weird gay kid.
Speaker 3: Like, was there like dating happening during this time?
Speaker 4: Not really. I had a few like secret little girlfriends in high school, but obviously nothing serious. I didn't actually start dating until I got to college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you went to Penn State, is what you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, was that like just this completely eye opening experience then, like to go somewhere like that where there's like a lot more like diversity, I would assume.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. I got really involved with like the LGBTQ Center, and yeah, I just met a lot of people who are still my friends to this day. And that was a great experience for me, just to know that there were other queer people out in the world who were successful and you know, doing good things.
Speaker 1: Did the school ever say, like here, they are thinking you're not gonna They're like minimizing you at that time, and then you go on to go to college and you're like see you. Yeah, yeah, but at the time, no feeling of like, wow, we really underestimated this kid.
Speaker 4: No. I mean I feel like all my life I've been underestimated, and I still feel like I'm kind of proving myself, improving my capabilities. But I just think it's sad when kids are underserved because of the stigma surrounding queerness, when it really has no bearing on anything about your or intelligence or capabilities or anything you can do.
Speaker 1: I would argue we're smarter, I hope.
Speaker 3: So I mean I agree.
Speaker 2: I think there's like an emotional depth and intelligence that it takes to like realize that about yourself. And I mean, maybe I'm taking a dig at myself here since I didn't realize until I was like thirty seven, but like, I think there is something that requires like you to go a little bit more deeper on like who you are and you know, how you want to live your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, did you study music at Penn State?
Speaker 4: No. I studied social psychology, and I actually put aside my music until twenty eighteen. Twenty wait, No, twenty nineteen is when I started writing music. But I was trying to be a real serious academic and so I put aside all of my hobbies that I considered frivolous.
Speaker 1: And then picked it back up. And then now you've obviously moved to Nashville, So this is front and center.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: I still work full time in the health tech industry, so I'm an associate director and I do health plan implementations. But on the side, I mean, it's all music and music promotion and just trying to be an advocate for LGBTQ and women's rights wherever I can through my music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, say more that.
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: My area of research, I wasn't a PhD program I ended in during my end root Masters, but my research focused on LGBTQ and gender based sexual violence prevention. So I've gotten connected with a lot of organizations around Tennessee and even up in Connecticut that help, you know, survivors of domestic and sexual violence as well as running prevention programming. So I've been able to do some fundraising like concerts and party kind of things for those orgs, and I hope to continue that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really cool. Do you so you write all your own music?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 3: Do you ever?
Speaker 1: Because I've heard, like in Nashville that there's like sometimes the writing is almost I know nothing about what I'm talking about, but I have heard people say like the writing is like the skill set that people really cover it, like famous people are always looking for other people's songs, and that that's really a really in demand skill set. Do you ever, like, do you always want to perform your own or is it the songwriting you love, Like, which part of it do you? I'm sure you're gonna say you love all of it, but which part of it is really your thing?
Speaker 4: Well, you're right, I love all of it. My training is as a vocalist, like I'm I'm trained in opera, and I did musical theater, you know, all throughout my childhood. But I really do love the songwriting, and I.
Speaker 3: Love doing that.
Speaker 1: I think that's the hard part too.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is difficult to really, i mean put together a song and all the aspects that go into it.
Speaker 3: And I think it's another one of those things. I lived in Nashville very briefly.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how like strong the songwriting bass is there until I went to the Bluebird Cafe.
Speaker 3: And watched these songwriters.
Speaker 2: We're singing these songs that were like massively popular, and I had no idea that like it Wasn't you know that these famous artists that had written the songs, like Linda Perry, for instance, from Four Non Blondes, she has written and produced a shit ton of me music like that. People have like no freaking idea that she was behind. And so I mean, you definitely have like the songwriting talent behind you.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering though.
Speaker 2: What it's like to be in a place like Nashville where you just, i mean everyone there is a singer songwriter, Like, is it hard to get on stage or how does that work?
Speaker 1: I've always been curious about that because, like if you go down Broadway, it's just place after place after place with such talent.
Speaker 4: The honky Tonk ecosystem, So like the Downtown what you're talking about with all of you are, that's its own kind of got it process. So if you're doing that, you're you're singing primarily covers and that's full time job. So you're like a band member or a vocalist who does Broadway. That's not really my lane. I just like book independent venues wherever I can. But like you said, it's it's really really hard to get on stage because a lot of the time now you have to actually pay and guaranteed ticket sales, and that you and I were talking about how hot you know you are dealing with that, like when.
Speaker 2: You yeah, when we did our event in Seattle, it was like finding a venue and selling tickets and yeah, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: A lot of pressure. Talk to us about the gay scene in Nashville so bad?
Speaker 4: Ali really?
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, if you're in Nashville, wake up, what is the what's happening there?
Speaker 4: I mean, there's a lot of there are so many initiatives, so many groups, and so many people doing great things for the queer community. But it's a small community, and Tennessee is just not a hospitable place to be queer. There's a new law every day. In fact, Pride Month was just changed to I think like Nuclear Families a month or something like that.
Speaker 1: What yep, How Nashville is not I okay, Why isn't Nashville itself like pretty liberal? I understand the surrounding, but is even the city of Nashville conservative.
Speaker 4: It's the capital city, so I think it's more blue than the rest of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Okay, but like I think.
Speaker 4: Memphis is more liberal than Nashville.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, Oh I'm googling this and yeah, Tennessee is now Nuclear Family Month for the month of June, whereas nationally it's Pride Month.
Speaker 1: So I don't even I mean, it's like laughable, kind of like, I don't that's so muggeling. It's rude. But why wouldn't they just pick a different month. But also it's a webbous jazz clearly, it's like that to me is so ugly. It's like, do you really that's what you want to do? But are there no lesbians? Like if you go out on a Saturday night, are there places where lesbians end up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We have the Lipstick Lounge, of course, which is one of the last lesbian bars in the US, although it's not really a lesbian bar anymore. They market themselves as like a human bar and they have karaoke, so of course you have a lot of tourists. Yeah, there just aren't that many spaces for lesbians to congregate or sapphic women, I should say. And it's like I said, Tennessee is just not a good place to be a queer person. I mean you feel constantly oppressed, you feel constantly on edge, and especially coming from Connecticut, even though my town was conservative, it's nowhere near the level that Tennessee is. So it was certainly a culture shift that I had to get used to. I just haven't had much luck either like with a.
Speaker 1: Busy gaking or yeah, yeah, do you do? Have you done the apps? I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've done like Riyah surf app no look nothing great.
Speaker 1: Okay, Because I think like even here, we live in a very gay town. It's a big city. I feel like everyone's gay. And Melissa and I just talked about the other day when she comes in town. We have no interaction with straight people in my life. I mean on a daily basis, it's rare, like I have neighbors that are straight, but it's like I don't on a weekend, if I'm out, I don't see any straight people.
Speaker 2: When I lived in Nashville, I was married and straight. But I've been to Pride twice. There first Pride experience, I was kind of like, wait, Ali, you went too now to think about it, but we got VI tickets and I felt like it like put us off in this area that like kept us from like really branching.
Speaker 3: Out and like lesbians talking to right.
Speaker 2: But the second time I went, we didn't do VIP and I felt like a lot more people, there was more people to talk to. I had a way better time. The parade was a lot of fun, tons of good music too. Yeah it was I don't know. I feel like that first Pride experience in Nashville really put a bad taste in my mouth. But going back a few years ago, I had a I had a great time, like to the point that I would go back for Pride this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Atlie ready for road trip.
Speaker 1: But now is it now it's Nuclear family month?
Speaker 4: It can be a nuclear family's true?
Speaker 1: True, that's valid. Do you live near like are you downtown kind of downtown?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say like when I go to Nowville relatively frequently, but when I am there, there is an element there that we don't have here, which is there's more of that good old boy, big guy at the bar, like the hat, the croquies, like it was like everywhere, Like I did feel that in a way, I don't feel here in the city at all. Like it's rare that you see a big, good old boy sitting at Ladybird on the belt Line. He would look ridiculous, But there it was like you walk into the restaurant and there's lots of them with their wives and their families like it. So I think to your point, like it's Nashville is southern, it's you know, I think it does have that you have.
Speaker 3: To designed for queer people. I guess maybe no, but maybe it's heading in that direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are some queer artists there, Sonya lee Is Brookiyden, Yeah, Brooke Ayden. There's another guy that I'm forgetting. There's like a male CE singer who's great.
Speaker 3: What's the name, Brian Ruby? Are you thinking?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's it. It's gonna drive me crazy. I'm sure i'll remember it once we're off here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I did feel like they had some good like at Pride, some good like queer Nashville based artists performing.
Speaker 1: And I guess if they can have a Pride, there must be lots of gay people that there there were a lot of gay people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's yeah, queers don't exist. It's just it's hard to break into a group because there are so few of us here.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I can see that. Would you say now that you're like you're out, you're writing, Like, does your writing showcase that you're gay?
Speaker 4: Really showcases that I'm gay?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, because I always admire that, like when I find out somebody is gay that like I didn't know, like if if they don't put it in their music at all, and then you find out I'm always kind of like really like, but I like it when it's like out there, like it's just I'm writing songs about women period, like that's yeah, that's the feeling.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I noticed and liked about hearing Abby's music is that it does have like she's She's definitely like I like women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hello, it's very clear.
Speaker 1: I don't think that would be an amazing way to meet women.
Speaker 4: Well, they haven't come yet, so maybe they're shaking thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Let's do a pitch right now. I live pitch, Shall live pitch.
Speaker 3: We're gonna make a me pitch yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to make yourself or do you want us to pitch you?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Dode.
Speaker 2: How about how about we curate this we can okay, when we post the episode, we can do like combo announce the episode and pitch Abby.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But also while we have you live, since we are going to pitch you, what age range would you be open to.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be thirty three in a few months, so probably like twenty seven twenty eight to like.
Speaker 1: Thirty okay, twenty seven twenty eight to thirty eight. I think that's fantastic. And then would you say, like somebody who's similar to you and like the creative endeavors or is it like you're not that's not important.
Speaker 4: No, I actually don't want someone who's also a session for an actor. I really value like fitness and I'm a tennis player, So okay, like someone who's into sports, actively plays sports and won't embarrass me at events.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like this somebody that you can take. Yeah, you know what, that's important to have.
Speaker 3: Somebody's in a good plus one, A good plus one, okay, because somebody.
Speaker 1: I'll notice they bring somebody in the they're like on their phone or they're like doing something. It's like, you do want somebody kind of curated that has manners.
Speaker 2: If you're a date to an event, you need to be like on your game, ready to meet people, shake hands, do all the things.
Speaker 3: What about location? Are you Nashville specific?
Speaker 2: Are you open to long distance it's like driving distance or are you ready to hop on a plane and fly to like I don't know Amsterdam, Like what's the radius here?
Speaker 4: So I don't know how much longer I'm saying in Nashville. Probably head back up east. I would say, like Canada or Northeast. But I'm also desperate, So world's the limit. Honestly, where are you going to go in the Northeast? Probably back to like Massachusetts or Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Okay, why not New York City. It seems like the music scene there would be very cool, and they have a ton of gay people. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was born in Brooklyn and I spent my childhood in Brooklyn. But a city girl, not a brook or not like a New York City girl. I like La, I like Seattle, I like Montreal. My dad's family is from Montreal. But yeah, New York City is just you have to be a certain type of person to live there, and I'm not that person.
Speaker 1: Okay, I figure any of that.
Speaker 3: Like, I want to live in New York City one day, but for like a year. I think I'd be good after that.
Speaker 4: Do you like a trillionaire?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a year is a trillionaire in New York City. I love New York City. I think of Brooklyn, though, is very neighborhoody.
Speaker 4: I can, yeah, it is. It's not like it doesn't have that small town obviously does not have the small town charm because it's Brooklyn. I don't know. I'm very Brooklyn like culturally, but I think just living there it wouldn't be a good fit.
Speaker 1: Well then you heard it, guys, all right, we're going to put together an actual pitch, but this is still a good pitch. Yea, yeah, especially since your sounds like you're moving closer to your family, which tells us you're close to your family. I like that, Like, I think that's a quality.
Speaker 2: If you want to tell us, like where people can like listen to your music, where they can follow you on social media because oh yeah, like your TikTok got like banned, Like what happened?
Speaker 4: So I had that song? Why does no one want me? It went viral on reels or like not viral, but it did well on reels, but it went really viral on TikTok and I got up to fifty thousand followers, and immediately TikTok said, you are impersonating yourself and ban my account.
Speaker 1: That's why impersonate yourself?
Speaker 4: I don't know. And they send me ten ninety nine's every year, so it's like, you have my social Security number, you have my license, you know, photos of my license, photos of my passport? Why can't your data validation policies match mea And the.
Speaker 1: Other problem with all these things is you can't call to fix anything. You can't call. My business has had trouble getting into our business Facebook account. We can't figure out how to get into it, and so we're just waiting for the day that something and we've called. There's no one to call. It's like emailing and you're so and we use it still, but it's like one of these days we're just not going to be able to get in and then it's there's no one to talk to.
Speaker 4: I actually looked up some people on LinkedIn, like trust and safety people. Maybe you could do the same for Facebook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't work. It didn't work, though, Like.
Speaker 3: That import such a bummer.
Speaker 1: It's such a bummer. But this will be the story you tell when you've got millions and millions, so don't worry about it. Everybody has one story of shit hit the fan, everybody, right, Everybody I know who's made it big can tell you a story.
Speaker 3: Like that for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Well Abby, yeah, go ahead, tell.
Speaker 4: Us they can find Instagram, right, yeah, Instagram at Abby nis Mbaum and then Facebook I think is like at Abbynis and Baum Music, and then I'm of course on Spotify on all the streaming platforms, and yeah, it's got a new song coming out, right, Yeah, I have a new song coming out on May fifteen, very.
Speaker 1: Okay, May fifteen. Okay, what's the name of the song.
Speaker 4: Called growth Story?
Speaker 3: Growth Story?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: We can only use that nice all right, Well, thank you so much, Abby, thank you. That's a good weekend.
Speaker 3: I want to support the Lesbian Chronicles podcast. Rate us and write a review on Apple Podcast Spotify.
Speaker 1: We'd love listener feedback. If you'd like to share your story, email us at Melissa and Ali at gmail dot com. That's Melissa M. E.
Speaker 2: L I.
Speaker 1: S A and Ali A L l I at gmail dot com. Or follow us on Instagram at Lesbian Chronicles