Speaker 1: Dave Frasier Yellow Dave, Hey.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon. We might have to remove the.
Speaker 2: Word snow from my wonderful open Uh oh, no, snow ever again is what our horse at finally coming true?
Speaker 3: No, I just figured that the conversation might turn to the fact that we are snowless and we've been so warm. So I pulled all the snowstats and we can go through them whenever you want, or whatever the viewers or the listeners want to ask about.
Speaker 1: But I mean, we are.
Speaker 4: Is it going to dump on us on like Thanksgiving? This is a late start for snow, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, our average first snow date is around the eighteenth of October. That is clearly come and gone. You know, September is our first snow month of measurable snow. It's generally around an inch. I think it's four inches in October and about seven in November. Now we're only five days into the month, so I don't want to hit the panic button, and I never give up on a season. And we're still eyeing a possibility of a change in the pattern which has been keeping us dryron warm somewhere starting around the fifteenth maybe closer to the nineteenth or twentieth. And what I mean by that is the jet stream right now is keeping all the cold air, and there's not a ton of it bottled up well to the north in Canada, and all these storms are just missing us to the north. And so what we got to do is we got to buckle that jet stream and get some of that cold air down. So you're going to be hearing next week about you know, cold are surging all the way down into Florida and concerns for the orange crops and that kind of stuff. We're just not in that right. The scales are not tipped in our favor. We're on the warm bubble side of all of that, and the cold are looks to be pouring more that way. But eventually we think there will be a change that sometime in the next say, ten to twelve days, we should be able to get something. What we can't see, Mandy, is how cold right cold for snow or just colder.
Speaker 4: Well, and here's the thing, you already know, this has been the most glorious fall. I am still enjoying this glorious fall that we are having, So I am in no rush. I'm like you know, I'm on the I'm good, Dave. You don't have to worry about, you know, mixing things up for me. Do not worry about that. But it is a little concerning.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 4: Are they supposed to get snow in the mountains this weekend?
Speaker 1: Did I see that? Or in the next few days.
Speaker 3: Late tonight, tomorrow, another chance, Friday, Saturday, and then another chance Tuesday. They're all in the north central mountains, I think north of I seventy. You know, Veil might be on the southern fringe of that, but places like Steamboat, but the totals are meager. We're talking an inch to maybe two inches up high with each one of those shots of snow. The rest of the resorts that have opened have been benefiting with some you know overnight lows where they can continue to run the snow and you know, push the snow around and keep what they've got open running. But I don't know how much more additional terrain they're going to be able to add, given the fact that we just don't have really bitter cold or moisture on the way to help us out right.
Speaker 4: So you know, I, as I said, I just want to I'm I'm fine with this.
Speaker 1: This is good. But this Texter on our Common.
Speaker 4: Spirit ealf text line at five six six nine oh said, can you please ask Dave if we should water our lawns or trees since it's been so dry.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, the lawn I wouldn't worry about because it's dorms is going to Yeah, it's going dormant, so you're just throwing good money out the window. But the trees definitely, you know, I you know we're some arid climate. I always say every three days, so you know you don't need to be doing it daily, but if you can give it a little you know, your shrubs and your trees and stuff. I still have trees, but leaves have changed colors. But the leaves haven't fallen me too, because we just haven't had we just haven't had a glacious wind event to knock everything down. So I would say every three days, Yeah, take the hose out. I wouldn't turn your sprinklers back on. We've got an hour overnight lows to be cold enough that you could cause damage to your sprinkler system. But run the hose and then just disconnect those when you're done watering, especially those those mature trees and any plants that you've spent a lot of money on. You want to keep those things going.
Speaker 4: All right, what are we looking at for the Broncos game Thursday night.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's actually going to be pleasant. The only thing is with the incoming snow in the mountains and that storm going to the north of us, it will whip up a little bit of wind. We're talking wind will be out of the southwest early in the day and then coming out of the northwest by the time the game gets going. So I'm thinking wind speeds could be up to twenty maybe twenty five at times. Think about that for tailgaters and you know everything that they put out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not roaring, dangerous wind, but you're going to notice the wind. The good news is the better wind comes from about midday to about five o'clock, and then after five the wind starts to back off. Temperatures during the game we're forecasting, you know, upper sixties, close to seventies tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Wow, so that's going to be really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think kickoff temperatures right around fifty eight sixty, and then we'll cool to about fifty degrees by the end of the game with that kickoff at six fifteen. So if I was going, I wouldn't have any concerns about the weather other than a little bit of wind, and I'd certainly bring a light jacket for the end of the game.
Speaker 4: All right, Dave Frasier, I don't have any other weather questions for you today.
Speaker 1: That's it. I got nothing. I got nothing for you.
Speaker 4: Do you have any weather facts that you can drop on me that would dazzle me?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I pulled some of the numbers. When we hit Friday, the seventh of November, that would be the tie for the number twenty on the top twenty list of no snow.
Speaker 1: Late in the season.
Speaker 3: So by the seventh we would be tied for number twenty for no snow latest no snow in the season. Our forecast for the next seven days, which takes us out to the twelfth, adds another seven days and that would tie us for number thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: The one everybody probably remembers is December tenth of twenty twenty one was when we had our latest snow date. That's the number one. But interestingly about that date is that we ended up that month with four point eight inches, little less than where we should be. But January, February, and March of that snow season all gave us more than a foot and we only ended out we got about fifty inches. We only ended up up at seven inches shy. While we went all the way out to December tenth before we got our first snow, we still did okay in the season. We weren't average, but we weren't so dry that we were in any type of historical data, so that's pretty good. And as of right now today, we're two hundred and one days tied for number fifteen of snowless streaks. The last snow we had was April eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Of last year.
Speaker 3: So those are some of the snow stats we'll be sprinkling in over the coming days and watching to see how we climb up those top twenty one.
Speaker 4: Mother Nature's just intermitute fasting. She's just expanding her fast window there. I do have a complaint via r techt line for you. Dave and I have not had the same problem, so I'm not sure Mandy. If you think you can ask Dave what are they going to do about pop up ads on the weather app I've probably got the app for a decade, but it's becoming insufferable. I don't even recognize ads on the app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't answer that because I'm not the dosa.
Speaker 1: You're not the tech person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not the techie kind of behind the scenes. But pop up ads are, I think, a part of our digital world that we live in.
Speaker 1: So it is.
Speaker 3: It is unfortunate. I don't know how many there are, what the frequency is, or even if they're there. I know when I use the app, I don't notice it getting in my way at all, and I'm in there daily. But I understand. I understand the Texters question because that is a part of the world. And even I hate when I click on websites and I got to get through a bunch of stuff before I can get to where to where.
Speaker 1: I want to go, exactly, exactly, all right.
Speaker 4: Dave Frasier watch him on Fox thirty one with the rest of his amazing team over there.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the time, buddy.
Speaker 3: Hey, no problem. Go Broncos Avalkau