Speaker 1: In for the Great American Bill Cunningham. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and this is Thursday, September twenty six, twenty twenty four. Lots happening in the news, maybe wasn't reported on the news, like the indictments that have been handed down against New York City Mayor Eric Adams. An FBI investigation was going on for ten months, supposedly about him accepting illegal campaign donations. Oddly timed with him striking back at the Biden administration about their non enforcement of our border laws and the influx of tens of thousands of illegals into his city and trying to grasp and grapple with the lack of resources to take care of all these people that have been flooding into our country. So that's going on. Hurricane Helene, as you heard, is setting her sights on the Big Bend in Florida, and we'll eventually bring some much needed rain our way, probably too much. Here's the question as we begin today's show, what happens when you die? Pastor David Scarlett says he knows he's the author of all for his glory, the near death experience of a modern day job. He's a US Marine, because you're never a former marine, you're always a Marine telecommunications executive. Pastor Scarlet's life permanently changed and his path altered when he had a near death experience that took him, he says, to Heaven to talk about that and to talk about the turning away from Christianity we're seeing on the globe right now in all kinds of pockets, not just in this country but elsewhere. Pastor Scarlet, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. How are you, Pastor Scarlett? There you are. What's what's going on with the people, Because it's happening simultaneously, and I've seen this with revivals everywhere. There are people turning onto Christianity all over the country, all over the globe. But there are also countries, entire countries like Great Britain, Britain that are more and more turning away from Christianity and turning to sex, drugs, and UH and war. Even so, what's what's the explanation for what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the Bible tells us these events what happened. And two Timothy the Apostle Paul talks about the falling away, the lovers of self, the demonic that's entered into our world. We've turned away from God, especially.
Speaker 3: Here in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: We were founded on Judeo Christian values, and that's why we were blessed because of our putting God in God. We trust in God first, and once you start taking that out of the fabric of our society, you see it starting to fall apart. And that's exactly what is happening. But as Second Chronicles seven fourteen says, if my people call by my name, will admit their sins and humble themselves and seek His face, he will restore the land. And I believe we're going to see the resurrection of the resurrection of His land through him, because the Remnant is rising for such a time as this and prayer is going to overcome.
Speaker 1: Do you believe the United States is going to be part of this restoration, Pastor Scarlet.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: God is not done with his evil nation. He's given us a great blessing in this country to be able to be that city on a hill, that light on a hill, to reach the world for the gospel of Jesus Christ. And that's why it's so important that Christians stand up, glout and vote for biblical principles, because if the United States is not strong, then it's going to be harder for us to preach the Gospel from east to west and north to south to every single creature.
Speaker 1: Pastor Scarlett I just saw the movie. Actually went to visit my parents in Middle Tennessee. My parent, mom and dad, are eighty eight and eighty seven, respectively, and they wanted to see the Reagan movie. And there was a scene in the Reagan movie. It's a movie, but there was a pastor who was introduced to Ronald Reagan by Pat Boone back when he was going to make a run for governor, and his pastor prophesied that he would one day reside at sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue. Is there a divine providence involved? I guess you would say divine providence is involved in everything, because God's hand is in everything. But is God's providence involved in this and every other presidential election? Everything happens under God's plan for a reason. Correct, That's correct?
Speaker 2: You know, as Romans eight twenty eight says, all things worked to the good for those who love God and called according to his purpose. Ronald Reagan was called to God's purpose. He had an anointing from the Lord that that pastor preyed upon or prophesies to Ronald Reagan, and that was fell. Look what Ronald Reagan did to bring down the Cold War and to give America a chance to be a superpower once again. And I believe that same anointing as i'm President Trump, that God has spared him several times his life to help bring America back in the name of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Want to I want to hear a little bit. And I know you you talk about it in your book For All His Glory. Tell me about what permanently altered your path and turned you full bore one onto Jesus Christ. Tell me about that experience a little bit, Pastor Scarlett.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was, as you said, a marine, and I was at the highest level of the corporate career. I was the director of AT and T, the number one director in their company. And I lived for the world. I had all the money, I had all the fame, I knew all the famous people and changed with him. But it was empty until the Lord took me up to heaven and showed me my life. That only thing I do for him is what matters. And part of that going into heaven, I saw that perfect heaven. Everything was so beautiful, so it's just so peaceful and love just overwhelms you. And then he but he did show me that my report card was empty. So it's only what we do for him that matters while we're on the earth. So that's what brought me back. He said, you're going to start a ministry called by My Name His Glory, and now we reach about twenty five million people in every country of the world, and our goal is to hit a billion souls for him. So when you go to heaven. It changed my life to say, hey, there's a better there's a greater purpose for our lives. What is It's not how high I get up to the ladder of at and key, it's what do I do for Him?
Speaker 4: And That's where I'm at in my life, Praise God.
Speaker 1: So do you believe that? And is it actually in scripture? Because I'm not for sure. I've been told it is, and I haven't seen it myself in print. Until you see it for yourself. And that's why if you, if you care at all about Christianity, you have to read your Bible. But is it true that the Lord will not come back until everyone has heard about his story and his name, And are we even close to letting all seven and a half billion people on the planet. With the Internet and satellites, will probably have more mobility than ever before to get the word of the good news out. But do you see signs that say we're living in the end times? Pastor Scarlett, we are living in the end times.
Speaker 2: It's not that Jesus is coming back tonight or everybody could. But as you said, there has to be there are some prophetic events that have to take place, and that one of them is the Great Commission. To be able to preach the Gospel from east to west and north the south. We haven't been able to do that up until recently because of technology. Now with Elon Mosk and Starlink, you can get satellites into remote areas that can get to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have the Joel Tomb movement which is starting to come out a little bit in pockets where the young women and the men young men will prophesize, they'll dream dreams, they'll see the supernatural, to feel the spear of the Lord. That's happening in the underground church, and I ran. And in China they're growing so fast that the more that their governments try to persecute them, the more the church is growing. Soon we will see that explosion.
Speaker 1: With before and actually going to heaven. What what what occurred? What happened to you? Physically? Medically?
Speaker 2: I ate a chili dog, And this again shows you that God's days are you ate days?
Speaker 1: Hold on you ate a chili dog.
Speaker 2: A chili dog, a chili dog. I celebrate that anniversary every year by eating a chili dog because I tasted death literally and it was on the seventh day of the seventh month of both seven seventh, seven seven. I ate the chili dog and it created They had Bachelor's and toxin in it, which is one of the most extreme, most powerful things that you can get as a poison, and it completely shut down my central nervous system. I couldn't eat on my own, I couldn't drink on my own, I couldn't breathe on my own. Your entire body it just starts to freeze up. And that's exactly what happened to me. And then during the course of that I died, actually three times and had two near death experiences, one taking me up to heaven and seeing the glory of heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the next we may what was its scarlett? The second the second near death experience.
Speaker 2: The second near death experiences after I came back. When I first came back from heaven. Soon as I got back, if I didn't see Jesus in heaven, I said, I want to see Jesus. I prayed that. And before I could get that out of my mind because they couldn't speak, Jesus was at the end of my bed in the ICU and the Cleveland Clinic, just radiating and just had this peaceful love and enjoyed radiation to him that was priceless. Never said a word, didn't need to. I knew he was there and I knew his presence. So all the doctors after those two near death or the two times they lost me, had everyone in the Cleveland Clinic, the top thirty doctors, to make sure when they pulled the tube this time, that everything would go well. And as soon as they pulled the tube, the machine started going code blue, code blue, code blue, and I was immediately taken up out of my body again. I was hovering above the doctors. I could see the panic on their faces. They were saying, come back, come back. You can beat this, you can beat this. And I said to the Lord, I said, why are they panicking? I feel perfectly fine, I feel a wonderful I feel at peace. And he says, I'm going to bring you back to start a ministry call by my name, his glory. And then he brought me back. And it was a long, long process to learn how to talk again, learn how to walk again, learn how to eat again. And it took many months to get back up and running. And here I am.
Speaker 1: You never missed the corporate world a minute, do you?
Speaker 4: Not a bit?
Speaker 2: Not a bit? You know I that's something I dreamed my entire life to see how high I could get up the corporate ladder. I got to the highest levels and I saw it was it was nothing. It was they don't appreciate you. It's all about your own vanity, your own fame, your own glory. And when you can get rid of that and be used for a better purpose, a higher purpose, an eternal purpose. To be able to plan a seed, just to get one soul to come into the kingdom, it's worth it and there's nothing better when you get to Heaven to hear the words, well done, my faith servant, You've completed what he asked you to do.
Speaker 1: What was it like as a US Marine? How did that prepare you for going into battle against the powers of darkness?
Speaker 2: Well, it was a great It was a great process to be prepared a lot of things in the Marines in boot camp. I like the phases that we go through in our life, our spiritual life, you know, phase want of breaking yourself down, phase to the wilderness period where mans become marines, that's where we become Christians, and the glorification stage where once God starts to use you. So you got to have that mental in that physical discipline that came with the Marines to be able to handle those kind of things because it is a spiritual battle. Spiritual battle consumes us mentally and physically. And if we're not in tune to the Word of God, as you mentioned earlier, you want to know God. You get in that word because that's how He speaks to you, and that is the blueprint for our lives. Nothing else matters.
Speaker 1: The book is for all his glory or all for his glory. The near death experience of a modern day job and tell people where you can where they can find you and your ministry online, you.
Speaker 2: Can find us. You can find us at his glory dot m E or his Glory dot TV. We have two sites, one for twenty four to seven broadcasting and the other for movies and praise, music and documentaries.
Speaker 1: Pastor David Scarlett, thank you for blessing us with some time today. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, continuing the work of the Lord, because he went to heaven and found out that his report card was empty. There's some report cards like back to Steve Gorum from the Climate Science Coalition joins us about the end. We're nearing the end, he says, of all of this climate cultism and wind and solar and alternative energy, it's failing everywhere you look. In spite of all of the in spit all of the insistence that we've got to eliminate fossil fuels completely and have renewable energy, the technology just isn't there yet for most Americans. Anyway. He'll be up after the news at twelve thirty Gary Jeff Walker and for Bill Cunningham on this Thursday and there is much more to come on seven hundred.
Speaker 4: W l.
Speaker 1: W chronic joint. Kamala Harris says her values haven't changed. No matter where campaign says or what she may offer as an answer to a serious pointed question about her positions on policies, her values haven't changed. So we know she is clearly against any kind of fracking whatsoever. She's all in for the green news scam, and she cares very much about limiting your ability to choose your energy source in the car you drive, et cetera. Joining us now from the Climate Science Coalition. The executive director of that fine organization is Steve Gorham. He is the author of four books on energy, climate change, and sustainable development, over one hundred thousand copies in print. His latest book, which is just a little over a year old, Green Breakdown, The Coming Renewable Energy Failure, came out in August the last year. It again just reached number one in Amazon's Energy policy category this week, and to talk about that Green Breakdown and politics and how it doesn't belong in these discussions of climate change once again, Steve Gorham joined us.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Steve, Hey, Gary, Jeff great to join you again that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is Climate Week in New York City.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's about six thousand folks there and all sorts of stuff, people from Bill Gates and Matt Damon and uh, Prince Harry and I think President Biden actually spoke for a few minutes out there with a theme of its time. They all want us to get back on target for the climate goals, but we're really not. Around the world, the soul push for for net zero is is not going to get there.
Speaker 1: No, And it's odd that you haven't heard many Democrats talking climate change on the campaign stump because the worry of man made climate change is really not the worry of most people in America.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 1: On the list of visions?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's right, it's there hasn't been much political discussion. There wasn't much at the Democratic National Convention. And a survey by Minemouth University just came out of few months ago pointed out that American attitudes are kind of fading.
Speaker 4: About the seriousness of climate change.
Speaker 5: They said in twenty twenty one, fifty six percent of Americans I thought it was a very serious problem. That's now fallen to forty six percent. Support for government action is done as well, And the biggest change is in the young people from eighteen.
Speaker 1: To thirty four.
Speaker 5: Maybe they've been bombarded by all this stuff for so long, or maybe they're starting to realize that a lot of us a superstition. And so in any case, it has not been pushed by the Democratic Party in this campaign.
Speaker 4: It's been kind of quiet.
Speaker 5: But you know, of course, if ms Harris gets elected, there's going to be an endless stream of money for all of these green projects that we're already starting, that we're already seeing for the Biden administration.
Speaker 1: Well, during Climate Week, it's good Steve Gorham to talk about how renewable equipment companies are really bad investments. And the fact is that the government has made so many investments in our future in renewable energy companies and wound up wasting a whole lot of taxpayer money. And it doesn't end with cylinder. It's continuing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you look at almost every aspect of renewables, you find that the particularly the stock price of these companies are very very poor. A big indicator is the Renewable Energy Industrial Index re NIXX, which was put together by IWR of Germany back in two thousand and six.
Speaker 4: At that time the NIX hat a value of a thousand.
Speaker 5: Points these thirty companies. Just a week ago it was at one thy thirteen. So in eighteen years, these thirty companies on average have gone up, they've been flat, and at the same point, the S and P five hundred has quadrupled over the same period. And then when you start to look at individual companies you find really big problems. The Denmark based Vestas Wind Systems, the biggest supply of wind turbines.
Speaker 4: Again, the stock price is up only seven percent in the last sixteen years, and it's actually.
Speaker 5: Fallen from a high in twenty twenty one. They've suspended their dividend of shareholders. Siemens Gamisa, another big wind turbine company, is down sixty five percent since two thousand and one, and the government did a bailout.
Speaker 4: They gave them.
Speaker 5: They lost four billion euros and the government gave him seven billion euros to keep going. Solar panel manufacturers, all of the top six solar panel companies, they are all in China, and their stock prices are down more than fifty percent in the last three years. It just goes on and on here where every segment you look at is not doing well in renewables.
Speaker 1: Well, we took a trip a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I up into upstate Ohio, up into northern Ohio, through some really beautiful farmland, and you get into small town and far country and you get to know what most people in the country actually live like and should live like. But anyway, there were signs up on multiple plots of land. And this is off the interstate, like State Route thirty eight or whatever. They say, no solar on prime farmland. And this is a hard thing for farmers to refuse though, because these solar companies are offering just incredible money for this prime farmland, and you know, what they're growing that we all need is often supplanted by just these ugly solar fields that the farmers feel like, you know, financially they can't turn it down. And we also saw many many wind turbines on our trip that were motionless, even on a windy day. The turbines aren't learning, why are they up there? Just as is it just like a message to birds. We could be turning at any moment and killing you, so watch out for us. I don't know what's going on, but it seemed like a pretty dormant green new deal that we were driving through.
Speaker 4: And that does happen.
Speaker 5: There are days on end when the wind turbans don't provide any output. They do on average about thirty or thirty five percent of their rated power. Solars about fifteen percent maybe, But yeah, there's been a rising tide all over the country of opposition to wind and solar. Now a couple of states have said that. And by the way, typically communities vote not to have it, counties vote not to have it.
Speaker 4: But we had some states like Michigan and.
Speaker 5: Illinois that have have overrode the local counties. In Illinois, for example, there were like twenty five counties that had banned wind systems and the states said we're just going to pass alot and say you can't do that. That doesn't matter what the local people think. So that's the And then the other latest thing is that we have now we have the federal government, uh and some state governments that are looking to seize land for green energy using eminent domain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to get to that go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a big pipeline battle in the Midwest. A company called Summit Carbon Solutions wants to build pipelines throughout the Midwest. They want to take carbon dioxide captured from ethanol plants and ship it up to North Dakota through pipelines and put it underground. And they're getting and because they're getting huge amounts of money from the federal government. I mean literally, it can be billion dollars a year in tax Credit's very very high amounts to do this. And again, this is another industry. It wouldn't exist without federal government payment. We've got plenty of carbon dioxide for soft drinks. There's no real need for this. So there's this huge, huge.
Speaker 1: Battle going on.
Speaker 5: The Iowa Utility ruled the Summit could use eminent domain to seize the land of farmers, but in other states it's not going so well. South Dakota Supreme Court just this week or last week ruled that they couldn't use eminent domain. That's usually for a common carrier where that can be used, and so in many states this is being blocked. We also have the federal government that wants to take land to build transmission for wind and solar transmission corridors all over the country. You know, you have to course people with green energy.
Speaker 4: People don't want to do it. You've got to take their stuff.
Speaker 5: You've got to force them not to drive gasoline cars or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I want to know. When do you think this finally falls apart? You think it's falling apart right now? That's what Green Breakdown the book is all about. How have you seen it fall apart outside of you know, the stock prices of wind and solar companies not performing and these other government overreaches through corporate partners, which is fascism by the way, for anybody who doesn't know. So, I mean, how is it falling apart?
Speaker 5: Steve, Well, this is going to be a long time, long term thing. Let me say it's very powerful. We have all the government leaders of the world saying they have put in wind and solar. It's going to take a few decades here, but we're starting to see a big pushback electric vehicles as a big example just last month in Europe. In Germany in August, electric vehicle sales were down seventy seven percent from the year before. I mean, they just dropped off the table. France, they were down forty percent from the year before. We're seeing a lot of pushback in the US as well. People are not really high on these electric vehicles. They're hard to charge, they're getting more expensive to charge, So that's one area that's the problem. There's a big push for electric appliances, trying to replace people's gas stoves and propane cooking equipment.
Speaker 4: And gas furnaces.
Speaker 5: We have seven states where cities and counties have banned natural gas and new construction, and one in New York State. They have a statewide ban in twenty twenty six. But we also have twenty four states that have outpassed laws saying that cities and counties can't ban gas or other energy source in their cities or towns. So there's a lot of things going on, and I think we're going to get to a point where people are going to push back. The other thing is a cost. California's electricity prices are double everywhere else in the country. And if you're running air conditioner in the summer now in California, your electric bills one thousand dollars for a single month. I mean, it's just and people are not going to stand for this. They're just going to stay enough of this we got to get rid of it. So I think the breakdown is coming and people should be very literly investing in these these renewable energy companies.
Speaker 4: They just don't make any money.
Speaker 1: What exactly, what exactly is wrong with carbon dioxide? Isn't this necessary for life on this planet?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's one of the three substances of water and oxygen and carbon dioxide are the things that produce all life.
Speaker 1: But do they want to capture it to keep it from going into the atmosphere when it's actually proving to be a greening factor. Right now, we're not at anywhere near record levels of CO two in our atmosphere. In fact, quite the contrary, at twenty some parts per was it billion or parts per million? Four hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: Parts per million. Yeah, it's very small. That's four molecules in every ten thousand in the atmosphere. We each we each exhale about two pounds of CO two a day because we burn sugars in our body and produce it.
Speaker 1: That's why that's why build and the others you mentioned at Climate Week want to global depopulation because we're the problem. They're actually coming after humans.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean and there's a lot of goofy things to house. Housecats, for example, produce more more pipelines than the key more carbonaxa than the Keystone pipeline. But you know we have it's the fear of a man made global warming. It's it's climatism, the ideology, the fear. It's it's captured the leaders of the world, at least many of them Democratic Party and others, and they think then they're calling it a pollutant, which is crazy, and we're trying to get rid of it. This is this is the biggest superstition in modern history, absolutely no doubt.
Speaker 1: Green Breakdown is the book. Steve Gorham is the author, also the executive director of the Climate Science Coalition and our guest. Thank you again, mister Gorham. Always great information from you.
Speaker 5: Thanks Gary jef till the next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, indeed, coming up after the news at one Michael find out who and why. Just keep listening, Gary jeff in for Willy on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: I bring a thousand hats, big ball, I made you. I'll breaking.
Speaker 1: I'm all baby, be by and through.
Speaker 3: I want to be a baby.
Speaker 4: A minute.
Speaker 7: The half that I'm bad of the bowl, bad of the Bowl, Bad of the.
Speaker 1: Bowl into another hour This Bill Cunningham Show on Thursday September twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker in for Willy on seven hundred WLW Does a media really hate you? Wait? Wait? I mean the media is there for us to entertain us and to inform us, and and not to condescend to us and not to lie to us. Right, that's what you think. A lot of people think differently about the media, even those of us, some of us in the media. I happen to have been in the media now for over forty four years and today in its current form, I'm not a big fan of the media something that I participate in, which is an odd dichotomy I understand. But there are reasons, and most of them revolve around the fact that, as Sean Hannity famously has said, journalism is dad. To talk about that and more. Is the editor of a brand new book against the corporate media, Forty two Ways the Press Hates You. He's one of the contributors among the many that have essays in this book. Michael Walsh joins us. Good afternoon, Michael, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm fine, Garry Jeff, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for being here with us. So is there really that much contempt in the epper echelons of corporate media that truly do hate the American public? Do you think there's evidence to support that statement.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's any evidence to contradict it at this point. As you mentioned in your introduction here, they've changed over the years. I've been associated with the media since nineteen seventy two, so I've really seen everything as far as pit media is concerned, from the transition from typewriters and line type machines to the Internet. That's half a century of change, and it would be unusual if the journalists didn't.
Speaker 1: Change with it.
Speaker 3: They did, but not in a good way. So I think the real problem is they are no longer drawn from the ranks of the people who used to read newspapers news magazines. I've worked at Time Magazine for sixteen years as a writer, and now they're more drawn from the ranks of the people the ivy leaguers who go into government. Most journalists used to want to be screenwriters. Now they want to be government officials.
Speaker 1: That's the change that definitely would make them very very biased and partial towards the establishment in Washington, d c. As opposed to their average reader. They're supposed to be talking to some of the folks that you have that have essays in this book that you've compiled. Michael or people I respect a great deal in the media. Charlie Kirk and Monica Crowley come to mind instantly, and also you contributed to this. What do you think outside of the technology, hasn't it always been a fairly I hate to use word liberal, but fairly leftist kind of tilt bias to the media. I mean that's not anything new, is it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't really know because in my own experience, which started in Rochester, New York, on a newspaper called The Democrat and Chronicle and continued on the San Francisco Examiner and finally wound up with Time magazine, nobody ever talked about politics in the newsroom. I mean you had a job to do, which was to break the story, cover your beat, etc. With objectivity, so your personal opinions didn't matter. In fact, you'd be reprimanded for inserting them into any stories that you wrote under the guise of being a reporter. Now, as you know from looking at the New York Times or any other publication. Even sports stories and recipes stories have politics of them. There'll be a shot a Trump or a shot at Republicans. So yeah, most of the media people probably were Democrats, but because of this belief in the primacy of objectivity, you didn't know it. And that all changed, I would say in the late eighties and certainly through the nineties, and then by the time probably we get to the time we get to the Bush Gore election, they're out of the closet.
Speaker 1: Well, they're pretty damn brazen about it now, they are. They're not even hiding it. Do you think that part of that, though, is laziness because the technology has so evolved and changed how we get our information and how it is just to the minute faster. You know, it's got to be right now, it's got to be doesn't have to be right, it just has to be right now. Is that a part of it too, Michael.
Speaker 3: Yes, and no. I think the fact is that the old days it was you had to be first and you had to be right. Some times those two things came into conflict, and if you had to err, what did you which side did you err on. Well, generally you erred on the side of let's be right, not first right, although you get yourself chewed out by your editor if you were second on a story that you should have been first.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 3: Nowadays, the technology allows the similarcram of news every literally every second of the day. People are addicted to Twitter or Facebook or Instagram or tricktop because that's how people are getting.
Speaker 4: The news now.
Speaker 3: They're not waiting around for tomorrow's edition of The New York Times.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no no, or next.
Speaker 3: Week's or next week's Time magazine. Though that's that's way too slow.
Speaker 1: Michael Walsh. I'm sorry to interrupt your Mike. We're kind of out of time running up against a wall here, but I want to let people know again that this collection of essays is called against the Corporate Media Forty two Ways the Press Hate You. This is a man who put it all together, Michael Walsh. He is the book as well. Definitely interesting reading for someone in the media who believes that you are right on target with what you're talking about. I thank you you bet up Next aj Rice and something about white privilege on the Bill Cunningham Show, seven hundred wlw our Next guest is a man named Andrew or aj Rice. He is the president and CEO of Publius PR, editor in chief of the Publius National Post Publius, and author of the new number one best seller The White Privilege Album, Bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides. I love the title. Even the title has that dripping satire that aj has been famous for in other books like The Woking Dead. Aj Rice is also one of the people that guest or talk show hosts like me I have to thank for a great lineup of guests that his firm does publicity for. But it's great to have you on today, Aja, to talk about the White Privilege Album. You say, it's part comedy about race wokeness and cancel culture in America and part tragedy about race wokeness and cancel culture, part satire, part journalism, and part truth serum. So tell me that you kind of picked up where The Woking Dead, your last big book left Altra Right.
Speaker 7: Gary, My brother's great to be here, and you know, it's great to talk to all the very fine people that I know populate this audience. I mean, look, if Shakespeare can do comedy and tragedy. Why can't I certainly.
Speaker 1: Certainly you're right up there with the Bard.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 7: Look Limball used to say, our job is to, you know, use irreverent humor to illustrate truth. I know, you know everyone on this station follows follows that sort of model as well. I think you know, if you're looking for, you know, a sort of creachy, you know, high falutin tone, that's definitely not me.
Speaker 6: My job here is to be the Joe Peshi of conservatism.
Speaker 7: My job is to mock the left and to have fun doing it. There's nothing better than perfectly time derision. And when it comes to fighting cultural Marxism, I mean, you're right, this book is the sequel to the Woking Dead. When you hear this term white privilege and intersectionality and check your privilege and this thing or that thing is a construct of white privilege, we're abducting the language back from them, because that's what a lot of what the left, at least since Trump, has shown up. When when you're talking about cancel culture, and you're talking about the trans mafia coming after your children, and you're talking about you know, some of this talk about the sixteen nineteen projects and other things. They are trying to control our language and our history, and in particular, they want our civilization to go away. So they want Western to go away, the Greco Roman, Judeo Christian civilization.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people mistake this. They think we are a multicultural country. We are not. We are a multi ethnic country.
Speaker 7: We have one culture here, and Western culture is that culture, and anyone can come here and participate in it. And not all cultures and not all civilizations are created equal, which.
Speaker 6: Is why some of them go away.
Speaker 7: But this one, there's one that America is the shining sea on the hill for has been the most successful in the history.
Speaker 6: Of planet Earth.
Speaker 7: And that drives the left crazy, which is why they're always trying to undo it.
Speaker 6: From Christopher Columbus to Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, you can have a melting pot aj without those different ingredients coming together in the same place, from the same place. So the culture is really that pot. The American culture is that melting pot of all these different cultures who contributed and a similated to that American culture and those American ideals. And I think that's kind of what you're getting at there, is that to have a true melting part. I mean, all the ingredients have to have to have to mix together, right.
Speaker 7: I mean, just because we we like tacos and you know, you know we like sushi, doesn't mean we throw out the Magna carta.
Speaker 6: And and and and and and you know, it's natural law and the constitution. I mean we can.
Speaker 7: I think we're sophisticated enough to eat our sushi and still keep the constitution.
Speaker 1: Right, right.
Speaker 7: But when you flood the country with people that don't care about Western civilization and in fact come from places on Earth that have been at war with it for a thousand years or longer, then you've got a balkanized society where you can break down. You can break down a community like you're seeing in in in Ohio with where they parachuted you know, twenty thousand Haitians in and other parts of the country. I mean, you know, the Left has done this really since the Jimmy Carter era, where they try to dump people into certain areas. I mean you want to, I mean Barack Obama and Joe Biden during the Arab Spring, remember that, Yeah, they parachuted Syrians and Jordanians and dumped them all over the United States at quietly, quietly, and they're here now.
Speaker 6: And you know, some of those pockets we.
Speaker 1: Have, we have one of the largest populations of Third World Muslims in places like Dearborn, Michigan that were brought sure there and absolutely took over or supplanted the culture and the community that was there, the people that were Americans and American culture.
Speaker 7: And look, it's not you know, saved me the speeches about the Irish and the Italians. I am one, okay, But what you need to understand is that this is by design. So if the left can get rid of Western civilization, and their next thing they got to get rid of is the middle class. Because because if you look at any Marxist revolution, economic or cultural, if you have a healthy middle class, and most of these Marxist dumps around the world, whether it's the Asian variety or the Latin American.
Speaker 1: Version, it's only the very rich and the very poor middle.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right.
Speaker 7: They know that they need a peasant population in order to make it work.
Speaker 6: We have to be peasants.
Speaker 7: So the middle class has to be soaked from unchecked immigration to inflation.
Speaker 6: They love it.
Speaker 7: It's by design, right, So when you hear her say I'd come from the middle class, But that's just her wrapping herself in the bubble wrap of lives.
Speaker 6: And the third thing, the third.
Speaker 7: Thing that they have to get rid of, and we know they want to get rid of it because Black Lives Matter told us on their website right underneath their endorsement for Hamas is the nuclear family.
Speaker 6: It's a nuclear family. So Western civilization, the nuclear family, and the middle class.
Speaker 7: I believe, happy people have more children, right, so they need to make the middle class as miserable as popossible financially so that they don't have any more children, so.
Speaker 6: That you know, they can save you know, the carbon footprint.
Speaker 7: They could save planet Earth because the breeders aren't expanding their families. And I will tell you this, of those three things, they don't have a skin color. Anyone can come to the United States legally and participate in Western civ the middle class, and the nuclear family.
Speaker 6: And that's the beauty of it.
Speaker 7: So when the left says white privilege, that's just a bunch of garbage. You know that they learn from the Humanities department down the street.
Speaker 6: Understand this.
Speaker 7: The reason we're successful is those three things, and that those three things are color blind.
Speaker 6: They're color blind.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I mean, the middle class doesn't have any color attached to it at all. That's right. The book is the White Privilege Album, bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides. Gotta love that. I don't know how you can write with your tongue that far back in your cheek. kJ.
Speaker 6: Well, look, I mean, what was what? But what was Gary?
Speaker 7: What was the very fine people lot, the very fine people Charlottesville? Lai is the foundational hoax of Donald Trump? Is Donald Trump is a racist garbage at the left right. They've been pushing it for almost a decade.
Speaker 1: It's been debunked for over about eight years, and they're still pushing.
Speaker 6: It right and not just debunked by me and you No.
Speaker 7: Debunked by Michael Rappaport, was bunked by Bill Martin, Nopes, debunked by CBS News Right.
Speaker 1: Aj Rice, I wish you a great success with this book, and I look forward to talking to you again sometime real soon again The White Privilege Album, Bringing racial harmony to very fine people on both sides The author, aj Rice, and I'm back on a more regular basis at night, So I will be definitely hitting you up for more of your great guests. AJ thank you, Gary, we love you.
Speaker 6: You guys are all patriots there at death station. Keep it up.
Speaker 1: Well some of us anyway. Time for news and then a stooge report on the other side on seven hundred wlw it And there wasn't a single thing that I did that she couldn't do, and so I was.
Speaker 8: Able to delegate her responsibility on everything from foreign policy to domestic policy.
Speaker 6: Hello, quiets, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Bunches of wise guys too, in particular Gary Jeffens Seg Dennison here, mister Walker to talk about Seg Dennison's memories of NKU. Been thrilled by being regaled by mister Dennison about his early halcyon days now a long time ago of education that's right there in Northern Kentucky. Norse up. So what do we got to First off, you're saying.
Speaker 9: Gary Jeff, the student reporters of proud service of your local temps are heating and air conditioning dealers.
Speaker 1: Time star quality you could feel in Northern Kentucky. In Northern Kentucky called.
Speaker 9: Tom Reckton Heating there conditioning at eight five nine two six ' one eighty two sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Spots reck thank you killed him well.
Speaker 9: We also want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar, the world's greatest fried chicken sixty plus years in business.
Speaker 1: Donna, the Queen of Chicken, brought down our luss today.
Speaker 9: Thank you thirty eight to fifty three Race Road at five seven four two two two, or check it out on a thing called the world Wide Web Ronsroost dot Net.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know how it happens seg, but more often than not, when I fill in for Willy, it happens to me on a Thursday, and I got free Ron's Rust.
Speaker 9: Oh, this is the first time they've been there in about three weeks. Because the Red Juicy play on Thursday afternoons.
Speaker 1: They knew I was filling in correct And Chris to two point zero needs her her thigh. I'm a thie man. Are you a thigh man or a breastman? I'll eat anything, even Willy's wingman for years. I'll eat anything at Ron's Roost. It's a delicious It's all good. Amen. Red's update there, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 9: The Reds are off today the final series of the season kicks off tomorrow afternoon in a beautiful Wrigley Field in Chicago against those Cubs. The action at one twenty right here on seven hundred Wirsty Ralph's American Grill inside Pitch.
Speaker 1: The first major League baseball game I ever saw as a kid was at Wrigley Field in Chicago that right that I was seven years old. It was a field trip from the second or third grade, I don't remember, but they took us onto buses. They led us on these elementary school up We lived in Naperville, Illinois, all right, We're about thirty five miles from downtown. They'd load you up in the morning as soon as you got to school on these buses and they'd take you to all of the museums downtown Chicago nice. And then after the rush of all those in the morning, you went to the Cubs game at one in the afternoon at Wrigley And I just remember being this wide eyed six seven year old kid and walking in to something I'd only seen on tea before, the ivy on the walls, and it's just a total different environment than anything else. But that's that was my first impression of major League baseball. So I guess at my heart, I've always been kind of a Cubbys fan, so it's nice that the Reds finish against the Cubs.
Speaker 9: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky or Tailgate Headquarters. Bengals are at the practice today, getting ready for that road contest against the Red Rifle. Andy Dalton at Carolina on Sunday. Preview the game tonight, Cincinnati Tax Resolution presented by TOAF Sheldon Roundtable Show Live from Long Necks and Wilder with Lance and Rocky six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Thursday Night football has the Cowboys and Giants, and.
Speaker 1: This is a game I won't see because you're only on Prime.
Speaker 9: That's right action at seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty or station.
Speaker 1: I can't get.
Speaker 9: High school football tonight, Western Hills goes up against the Big Red of Hughes. That game will start at five o'clock tonight. Yeah, what is this they are?
Speaker 1: There's talk at Cincinnati Public Schools right of revising all of the night football games today games or switching to another night Saturday night because of the recent shootings.
Speaker 9: The direct The CPS games set for tomorrow now gamble Montassory in Bellevuell start at five Saturday, Achin and Woodward at Saturday at ten am taft and with throw at two o'clock on Saturday.
Speaker 1: No more Friday night lights. Man, it's sad. Look, that's a sad commentary.
Speaker 9: Really, North College Hill they had trouble and last week the I guess superintendent said no more. That's it, no more. I guess, no more home games. I guess. I mean, I don't you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Gary Jeff Well, I mean, if it gets down to high school football this weekend, I'd be more worried about the remnants of Hurricane Helene than anything else.
Speaker 9: It'll be interesting to see a lot of these teams, though, have field turf, so it might be raining cats and dogs and the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the zoo this weekend. Like four inches of rain were expected to get over the in places over the next couple three days, correct, and we're at a four inch deficit for rain on the year. Here, I think we're gonna make it all up. We're gonna make it correct. Well, No, the waters is gonna run off right. You should see my grass and the little postcard front yard that I have. Yes, it takes me about five minutes to mow okay right with a push mower. Okay, and it is it looks like the damn desert out in Arizona nowhere. There's cracks in the ground and the whole thing. You know, everybody's grass is just brown. And I saw guys cutting grass the other day going home, But I'm thinking, what are you cutting? There's like all it was was dust. Joe Burrow has been more vocal. He says in talking to the young players after the Bengals zero to three start about time. What the hell can he say at this point?
Speaker 9: I mean, come on, some of them need to get with it, because if they dropped to oh and four on Sunday, that will be I mean, the city's already in a crisis mode at ohen three. How long has Zach Taylor been coach? Six years? Six years? How long was David Bell head manager for the Reds? Six years? Seems to be the lifespan of big time coaches. I think I think are people starting to question no, Jack Zach Taylor?
Speaker 2: No not?
Speaker 1: You think so? Is Dave Lapham starting to question Zach Taylor. No, what about Dan hurt Hordon, He's busy with it. I don't know how he does it, Bearcats and the Bengals. I don't know how he does it. Well, he's an amazing man, that's true. You're right, but you haven't heard whether Dan Horde is questioning Zach Taylor now at this point, I haven't heard anything. What about Rocky boyman? I can't say. What about Tony Pike Moega? I don't know. Austin Elmore, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't I can't hear them within the station. We had a we had a real quick do a flash pole. We had to take to a flashpole right here. Five one three seven nine seven.
Speaker 1: Now, boy, are you questioning Zach Taylor's leadership at this point? As a fan? Yes or no? It's a simple yes or no answer. Five point three seven four nine seven thousand. Flash pole was seg and the garage we got to dump find out. We got the dump. Well, if anybody calls, we'll find out. Okay, So we'll just sit here and waiting to see if anybody calls here in the flash pole, they'd be embarrassing if nobody there there we go. Let's see and uh, David will let us know the sheriff is answering the calls right now as they pour. In segment, we're going to find out who is on the line and whether they are questioning Zach Taylor's leadership after the Bengals zero to three start. Are any from White oak States calling in? I don't know. I have not gotten any word yet from Dave, who was carefully screening the Patty, Patty and pleasant Ridge. Are you questioning Zach Taylor at this point? Patty? Well, the phone's probably have to be up for her to respond. Patty, are you there? Patty?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: So are you Are you questioning Zach Taylor at this point?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's one for questioning Zach Taylor. Oh boy, we have Randy and Warsaw. Randy and Warsaw. Are you questioning the leadership of Zach Taylor at this point for the Cincinnati Bengals?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 1: For that would be an affirmative. Thank you so much. Bill and Oakley. That's two to nothing sake. Bill and Oakley, Are you questioning Zach Taylor and his leadership?
Speaker 4: Yes? Jerry, yet this is Bill from Upper Oakley. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm well, you've answered the question. Thank you, Bill. That's three. Earl and Anderson haven't heard from Earl and Anderson in a long long time. So Joe Burrow lives. Yeah. Earl calls me Randy sometimes, Earl. Are you Klaylor?
Speaker 4: Randy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you questioning Zach Taylor?
Speaker 8: There's two things dumped the coach bench bench Burrow.
Speaker 1: Oh, dump the coach. Joe didn't perform that badly in the last couple of games, Glenn, Glenn and Indiana. Are you jumping on board this sinking ship with Zach Taylor? Or will you support the Bengals coach through their oh and three start?
Speaker 4: I will not support Zach.
Speaker 8: I don't like the fact that he can't win in the first two or three games of the year because he goes soft all during preseason.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you what did he mean by going soft? You're talking about some kind of d is he Is he suggesting that Jack has an ed problem? No? No, that players don't play too much?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes or no? On questioning Zach Taylor's leadership.
Speaker 10: I actually absolutely support his leadership.
Speaker 1: Fantastic good to here. That's that's the first one in that column. What is that noise, Paul, I think he's on the turn. Okay, well that's one for Zach Taylor. Ryan and Eastgate Hello, yes or no? That train car? Yes or no? I'm Zach Taylor.
Speaker 4: Question again?
Speaker 1: The question again? What's the question against the question is are you supporting Zach Taylor's leadership? Yes? Or are you not?
Speaker 2: No? Not really?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 4: He could do better, he could do better.
Speaker 1: Well, we could all do better. You could have done better with that answer. Daniel and Cincinnati, Hello, no.
Speaker 10: Don't support him.
Speaker 2: Time for a change?
Speaker 1: Yep. A lot of people are you know? It seemed to be feeling that way. And Mike Downtown, what's your answer?
Speaker 4: Cheat them?
Speaker 2: It's great when they lose the bagels stands are hilarious.
Speaker 1: There you go? Is it all right there? I think he was hilarious. William in Miamisburg, Yes or no? On on upper thumb's upper? Thumb's down on Zach Taylor so far this year?
Speaker 8: Uh, thumbs down, but keeping thumbs up.
Speaker 1: So thumb's down. But you want to keep him.
Speaker 10: Well down on this year so far?
Speaker 4: Oh and three?
Speaker 8: But something's up to keep him yet he'll do He'll do fine.
Speaker 4: Over the long term.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems like head managers are managers of major professional sports team only last about six years in this town, if that long, and David Bell's gone finally, and could Zach be next? I don't think so, Jonathan and Sardinia seg support you, Zach Taylor, and I do too, Jonathan, what do you think?
Speaker 10: I support Zach Taylor? And the way I look at it is the players got to know their role and shut their mouths because they get paid way too much anything they need to perform. Yeah about Zach Taylor, buggets, back Taylor, all that stuff. A coach can do so much. Yes, you have fifty three players to take care of, but the players get paid way too much to perform way poorly.
Speaker 1: The way they have done, it's not it's not been a good start. So seg Man, Yes, sir, thank you, as as will would say, thank you for your love and your lust. And it's this hold on. There's Kim in Greendale. Kim, are you in Greendale right now?
Speaker 2: Actually I'm not in Greendale right now.
Speaker 1: I'm in Florence, but I am from Greendale, Indiana. All right? What is the mood in Greendale, Indiana towards Zach Taylor.
Speaker 10: Everybody agrees.
Speaker 4: I would say, just going to bingle watch parties. He's got a goal.
Speaker 1: He's got too comfortable with the team and with his position.
Speaker 2: That's my take on it.
Speaker 1: Well, very and a very eloquent take. Articulate, I would say for somebody from Greendale. Usually in Greendale, they're not that articulate. Have you found that? Seg Jeff on a self part of the world of the world. Hello, Jeff, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you in Greendale? Oh no, I'm okay, you're in a truck.
Speaker 11: Okay, I say, I say keep him and bench Joe Burrow and get that Hot Chicks boyfriend as the quarterback because I'm a brown fan.
Speaker 1: There you go, number one choice of Browns fans, Zach Taylor, Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 5: Jeff from Kentucky.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, Kathy and.
Speaker 2: I are thumbs up all the way with him.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up Zach Taylor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're not You're not questioning his leadership or his coaching ability, his acumen, No.
Speaker 4: Sir, We're just questioning the record.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well the record is the record, So there you go. All right, all right, Seg. We'll talk to you in a little while, about an hour and a half. You got a Gary Jeff stooge. You got it? Five one fifty three. Give us, give us the end, all, be all, get us out of this stooge report segment, Gary Jeff in honor of rain, Rain and more rain. Helly, what's your name? Heley?
Speaker 4: Helen?
Speaker 1: Hurricane? You with Ted McKay. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. We will bring championship baseball to Cincinnati. How's that working out for you? That's another matter, no doubt. Seven hundred WLW and to yet another hour of the Bill Cunningham Show for this Thursday, September twenty sixth, twenty twenty four. Gary jem in for mister Cunningham, the Great American, this afternoon on seven hundred wlwbout eight minutes past the hour. The term liberalism gets thrown around a lot. We hear liberals and conservatives, and why does there have to be a difference between liberals and conservatives? Is liberalism actually what we might today consider conservative philosophy? That I would imagine and much more touched on in the new book, which is again the Roots of Liberalism? What Faithful Knights and the Little match Girl taught us about our civil virtue. And someone who has read this book says, our conservatives the only liberals left. FH. Buckley is the author and a pleasure to have you on as a guest today. Mister Buckley, how are you.
Speaker 4: I'm real good.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Gary Hey, call me Frank please, Frank? Okay, good good enough. In this book, according to the press release, you explain how we learn magnanim magnanimity. It's really hard for me to say, I'm usually very magnanimous, but anyway from the code of chivalry, to avoid truth, brutishness, from the code of the gentleman. What are these things and how do they tie into liberalism today and why is this important for Americans to grasp?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: Liberalism as I define it is basically all that is noble and good in our in our tradition, and it's a tradition that begins way back when, but it was restated by the founders of our country and by Abraham Lincoln. It's uh the themes in thousands of stories and moral heroes we have, all of whom are being rubbish by the left. And so my point is, you know, if you're a conservative today, you're basically a liberal. It's it's the guys on the other side, you know, the woke crowd, the extreme leftists who have abandoned all of that. And you're you know, you're on the side of free speech because you're the guy being canceled, right, and you're on the side of the founders because the other guys tell us that they were just a bunch of enslavers and you know, vicious racists and all that, and and so the authentic liberal today is really conservative.
Speaker 1: Is this why it's in important that we don't go around willy nilly tearing down statues or monuments or defacing these parts of our past which were so crucial to you know, how we got here today. I mean, this is all about you. One of the first things is, for example, Frank, one of the first things that isis did in their caliphate, well the lands that they took over in the Middle East, was to destroy antiquities, to try and to race the past. And that's what the left has been doing in this country, especially for the last four or five years. Correct totally.
Speaker 8: I mean, we can sort of remember the statues which the Taliban destroyed in Afghanistan, and then we went around doing the same darn thing.
Speaker 1: And you know, when.
Speaker 8: You when you rubbish the past like that, you replace it with nothing. And when do you do that, then everything is permitted and you get to behave in as be fashion as you can, which is what we're observing today right where you know, we celebrate criminality and we celebrate canceling people and the perversions of our culture. We're on the other side of all of that, right, I mean, I guess what I'm talking to are people who think of themselves as conservatives and old fashioned Democrats, you know, Kennedy Democrats, Reagan Democrats, and uh, you know, people will feel some pride in America because this is a home of authentic liberalism and that which is not liberalists not American.
Speaker 1: How has that term liberal been so convoluted by people and hijacked, like a lot of other of our language has been by the left to take ownership of that and and and we have this constant debate, well, the liberals are doing this, and the liberal they really aren't liberals on the left, are they? They really aren't.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, liberalism is an audible tradition that people on both sides subscribed to forty fifty years back. I mean, Dwight Eisenhower was a liberal, for example, the most popular president in the last century, and JFK was a liberal, and they disagreed on a lot of technical issues. But that's fine, you know. I guess what I'm describing is a kind of more encompassing belief in the virtues of good government, which united everybody, although you know we weren't always on the same side about how to get there. But right now, you know, when you say, oh, everybody in the past was just an evil racist and we don't have to pay attention to that, we start listening to really horrible moral monsters.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: I sometimes get people saying, oh, you know, the Left, they're as bad as the Communists, and I want to say, no, no, no, the Communists were way better. You know, they had a moral code of some kind. They perverted it in all of that, but they had a high culture, and the Left that's nothing like that, and they fought real fascists. So there's still much worse than the Communists. Bad as and horrible as the Communists were.
Speaker 1: Frank Buckley is a Foundation professor. George Mason's University's Anthony's Scalia School of Law, a frequent guest on many many places, and now here this afternoon, and the book once again is the roots of liberalism What faithful Knights in the Little Match Girl taught us about civil virtue. So we really we don't need to get away from liberalism in this country. We need to get back to it, correct.
Speaker 8: We need to Yeah, we need to get back to the ideas that there's such a thing as free speech, and we don't cancel people.
Speaker 1: We disagree with.
Speaker 8: And you know, and the framers, the founders of our country, were people that were worthy and deserve our respect.
Speaker 1: Our veneration.
Speaker 8: And also, you know, we think that people should be judged on by the content of their character. And we don't avide, don't divide people up by racial categories. I mean that's primitive. I mean, that's that's you know, pre Christian. For heaven's sake.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's it's it's it's tribal is all get out in the truest sense of the word tribalism.
Speaker 8: Right, And so these are moral credents, okay. And you know the idea that anybody pays attention, well, that just tells you how morally out of touch they are with all of the sources of goodness in our culture. And by the way, you know, a big part of that is is our is a Judeo Christian tradition. I mean, we think people are equal because people have souls. Well, if you know, if you don't believe in that, you've got a problem with the quality. And we think that people are individuals and they get to choose. And if you don't believe in that, then you think that women don't have a choice in marriage, which is what the Pagans believe before christian Y. Right, So you know that which is good in our culture, all of our all of our traditions go back to things which are essentially liberal. I mean, for example, look, you know when I was a kid, so I liked stories about knights and shining armor. Well, you know that's the source of our idea of magnanimity, okay, which and you're magnanimous, so you know, and that's the Code of Chivalry is an early version of the Geneva convention, and it's it's it's part of our culture. I mean, when did you ever see a Western where the good guy shoots first?
Speaker 1: Right? It just doesn't happen, right.
Speaker 8: You know, And I mean, hey, so like originally I'm from Montreal way back when, so I talked about hockey, and you know, there's a code of hockey which is basically chivallets, like you don't beat up on a guy smaller than you, and you don't go after the goalie. And the tough guys, the enforcers, they're just enforcing this this code. They're like the knights and shining armor of our day. So you know, these are all things that are part of our culture. And look, I got to tell you, I wrote speeches for Trump in twenty sixteen in this summer, and I think he is someone who, you know, whatever else you may think, upholds those virtues more than people on the other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. So next time you conservatives or you fellow conservatives call anyone a liberal, maybe maybe you want to think better what term you're using. Let's use the correct terminology. Frank Buckley, thank you so much. Great luck with the books, sir, Thank you very much. Good to be with you. Great to have you. As it bears down on the Florida mainland right there in the elbow, we'll have a live report from right around Fort Myers, Florida, on the tracks of Hurricane Helene says, there's nothing going on right now, but well just wait a couple hours for us. The next day or so, we're supposed to get deluged. Gary, Jeff and for Willie on seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 7: It starts with the great Birch saken away.
Speaker 6: Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Speaker 1: Lenny Bruce is not afraid, are you? It's Hurricane Helene. It is bearing down on what they call the elbow of Florida. He's an elbow. It's a nooker, a cranny in there towards the Panhandle. And I now have a friend, have had a friend in Fort Myers, Florida for a long time or in that area, and he is joining us today. Not much going on where he's sitting his vantage point, he says, but you know that could change at any point during hurricane season. He's been through several of them and enjoyed every single minute of it. Lewis Kaplan joins us now on the Bill Cunningham Show. Louis, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 12: Guary, Jeff I doing great choice of a song too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, well, you know, you taught me a few things. Anyway, Lewis Caplin, Lewis Kaplan put up with me in a couple of different places, and for maybe a short time in Cincinnati. But now in Fort Myers, Florida. When was the last big landfall hurricane you had to do it? Was it last year, Lewis?
Speaker 6: Well, it was Ian.
Speaker 12: It was two years ago, almost of the day.
Speaker 1: Two years and that was a mess, to say the least.
Speaker 12: That was a mess here here, yes, here in Fort Myers was it was pretty pretty catastrophic, especially along the beaches. Fort Myers Beach kept Tivis, Santabel Benita.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 12: It was something something I've never seen anything like that before.
Speaker 1: For people who don't live through one of these events, Lewis, what is what does it do to a beach? Just forget about the property that's on the beach, which is you know, multi billions of dollars in loss in a major storm, but the land itself, the erosion to the beach must be tremendous.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And in this case there was. There was a lot of erosion and and there was a lot of work that went into putting the beaches back together. One of the one of the bridges, the causeway that went all the way from to Santa Bel the mainland of Santa Bel Island, was needed to be worked on. A couple of the areas were just completely gone.
Speaker 1: Well they got they got that done it. They got that done it about three days, didn't they.
Speaker 12: It was It was not three days, but it was an amazing achievement. In spite of the governor here, wow, in spite of it.
Speaker 1: For those of you listening, Lewis has had died in the Wolf Democrat. We can't convince them otherwise ever, even though reality and facts smack him in the face. But I think Ron Santa's had a lot to do with that. But anyway, just a side.
Speaker 12: Argument for another time, Okay, But yeah, they did a great job getting the bridge together there. But there's still I mean, there's still signs of the hurricane from two years ago in a lot of the areas along the coast, even in Fort Myers Beach, where we're supposed to be in the middle of a songwriter festival right now. We're shut down for today and tomorrow, and there are some storefronts that are still being worked on two years later. Part of it because of problems with insurance companies and permitting and all those things that go into building anything when you're that close to the water.
Speaker 1: Right now, Hurricane Helene is a Category three with Gwen at one hundred and twenty miles per hour, we're down to nine fifty nine millibars.
Speaker 6: Which yeah, I mean I like them to be a big one.
Speaker 1: I like the more mill of bars the better. It's looking like it's going to hit right in what do they call that the elbow of Florida, right at the bend where it breaks off into the peninsula towards Talent.
Speaker 12: You know, it's a panhandle at that area. They call it the elbow, and it's head and right for it. And they're talking about at the moment, I'm hearing fourteen to twenty foot of storm surge potentially.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is the big thing in a hurricane, is a storm surge, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And that's what happened here during Ian. Because the winds weren't really that bad during Ian, but the storm surge was incredible and it hit at the worst possible time because it was high tide and it was not just the high tide, but you know, they call it a super high tide and it just hit right on the button, and so the flooding was pretty devastating.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's a pretty good size and the Gulf too, as I'm watching the television map of this storm coming closer and turning into a Cat three earlier today. And that's the thing is the outer bands of that storm stretch for hundreds of miles, So even if you're not in the landfall bulls eye, you're still can be greatly affected by flooding or tornadoes that spin off of these things.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, and they you know, they haven't confirmed it, but it's pretty likely there's already been a tornado earlier today. This morning, just before the sun came up, we had a pretty good band that came through. It was pretty fierce. And I'm not a weatherman, so take this with a grain of salt. But what I'm hearing is there was some kind of dry air that came pushing in from the east. That's actually helped at least our area a little bit on some of the rain. And the winds have been kicking up a little bit right now. It's not doing anything. When I was sitting here waiting for you get on the call. The trees in my backyard were going crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said, well, Naples isn't far from you. Naples had fifty nine mile an hour a wind gusts, so you can experience and we may be experiencing those when the rest of the system comes that. They're talking about maybe four inches of rain for us, and we're like down four inches for the year and win gusts of forty to fifty miles an hour this far inland.
Speaker 12: So yeah, and it's yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's it's straight.
Speaker 12: It's heading straight, straight north after it leaves Florida.
Speaker 1: Well, Lewis, enjoy the hurricane. I know, I know that you probably have a cocktail prepared and and you're ready to curse your governor no matter what good work he does for you in Florida. And absolutely have a wonderful rest of the day, my friend. Thank you so much. It's a stange report on the way after news. Now it's seven hundred WLW. We have the chance for severe weather this afternoon.
Speaker 5: Main impacts will be damaging winds, having rain, and can't rule out the possibility of seeing some hell.
Speaker 1: Hell, hell, well.
Speaker 6: Yatt, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Almost everyone an accurate forecast. Just have the only place to get it right. You always have a chance of seeing some hell when there's severe that. That's not from Jennifer Ketchmark because she doesn't talk like that. It was Raven Richards. I think she went to New Orleans or something. Did she? Well, she's got a front row seat for hurricane Actually, thank you and more hell rolling in man. So I'm seg, did you know are you a US taxpayer? I think so? Do you pay taxes? Yes? Are you sure?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course every get you. Every time my paycheck knocked on the door, I pay tax I don't like that. Right now, your debts because of the US national debt, as we sit here talk, your debt as a US taxpayer is two hundred and sixixty seven thousand plus dollars. Have you got an extra two hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars on you?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 1: I'll check with Denise see if she's got something, maybe in a sock draw or something they think so yeah, Or or hitting away some gold bars in your closet, Jack Senator Menendez, Yeah, I don't know what. Or some bundles of cash.
Speaker 9: Don't they give those out as souvenirs, like fake gold bars at Fort Knox when you take the tour.
Speaker 1: There's no Golden Fort. Maybe you know, I bet you got it from Goldfinger.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 1: What about Eric Adams in New York City, the mayor under indictment now bundles of cash and his assistant bags of cash, kind of like a city Cincinnati city councilman. The US national debt just east past thirty five trillion. As you and I were talking, that's what we have of cash. Thank you, bags of cash, bags of cash, Thank you. Will we are at one of the GDP the gross comman. I heard Matt Reevees crowing about the great GDP news from the second quarter, and like, uh no, the economy he sucks, dude. That's where we owe thirty five plus trillion dollars that we can't pay. We're paying a trillion dollars in interest right now on the debt that comes after that. Who comes after us when we have to owe that much? I want to know China, for example, or any other company that country that has bought our bonds. How do you write down on a check? You don't? Oh, you just keep spending more. Okay, I see what you mean, unbelievable, Andy Mack.
Speaker 9: Gary Jeffy Stood reporters of proud service of your local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery. I love Milfred called Baker Heating at five fifty one twenty four to mckn brew really here, Yes, that's another reason to love. Jeff Henderson, former news to Roundo the seventies porn star remember that No No. Bengals update brought to you a boy. It's some movie in the seventies and well, okay, the last what was it, the Last Detective or I don't know what it was. Something we had a porn star mustache though in the movie. I'm sorry, sorry to.
Speaker 1: Trying to achieve sexual satisfaction.
Speaker 9: There he is, he never ends, never goes away. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits. Winding to back on Party Town thirteen locations in northern Kentucky, your tailgate headquarters. Bengals are on the practice field today getting ready for Andy Dalton the Red Rifle Sunday at Carolina. Jamar Chase sitting out yesterday with a shoulder is full uniform back on the field, not practicing. Trey Hendrickson with an illness, Sheldon Rankins and bj Hill both with hamstring injuries.
Speaker 1: The illness for Hendrickson is probably letting being a part of that defense that let thank you, the Bengals get run roughshot over the three games.
Speaker 9: Preview the Bengals and Panthers tonight Cincinnati t Resolution presented by TOAF Sheldon Round Table Show, Lance Rocky and Company Live from Long Necks and Wilder six oh five right here on seven hundred W.
Speaker 1: It's only good if you actually get the quarterback, not chase the quarterback all over the backfield. Thursday Night Football Dallas and the New York Giants tonight seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. But not on a TV that anybody can get unless you've got what is it, Prime Prime Video? Yeah, yeah, don't have that.
Speaker 9: Red's Update, Reds have the day off today, is spending it in beautiful Chicago, taking in the sights.
Speaker 1: I hear they're not going to the South Side because they're not playing the White Sox unless they were well then well, not necessarily, not necessarily, don't you know what? Gary Jacks want to spend your day off in the South side of Chicago.
Speaker 9: That's true, it's stay somewhere else, but yeah, you know, got to get that momentum for North Year north Shore. Uh, let's see they play the Cubs in the first or three tomorrow afternoon here on seven underd WLW. Now college basketball, the Big Twelve has come out with their conference schedule. Yes, the home opener or the conference opener for the Bearcats, Yes, at Kansas State December thirtieth. The Big Twelve home opener against the Arizona Wildcats Saturday, January fourth, and for the first time since nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty four, that's, by the way, that's sixty years saying.
Speaker 9: Tom Dankles Kansas Jayhawks. Yes, will make their first trip to Clifton. And I know, you know, you know who's gonna be sitting right behind their bench. Who's in Tom Dankle. Well Dankle played football right.
Speaker 1: Right, but I mean he went to Kansas though, Big Jayhawk, fank Jayhawks. Yeah, So what do you think the Bearcats chances? Aren't that when you want to prognosticate, now set the betting line.
Speaker 9: Not gonna say, uh, let's see you got Kansas coming to town. You got Arizona State, you got Texas Tech, the Red Raiders, the home of Joe Walter, Utah Love Joe. They'll play at b YU, They'll host West Virginia.
Speaker 1: Hugs No Hugs Alma Mater.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then TCU comes to town. The Horn f Augs. I think Huggs will show up for that game.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't know. Maybe he will, I don't know. So there you go, right there. I mean, you got I would rather see Huggs than than probably anybody else at a college basketball game.
Speaker 9: You got high school football action tonight, you got it all over the way Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Who's tonight?
Speaker 9: Uh, you got let's see, you got Western Hills and Hughes at five. You got two other games in Northern Kentucky tonight. You got foot high school football tomorrow and probably monsoon rain.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You got the FC Cincinnati taking on l A f C on Saturday night down at TQL Stadium in a key MLS matchup. I'm going to be a monsoon this weekend. I mean we're talking up to four inches of rain. I think the drought may be over. You had some interesting stories that you were regaling me with earlier about your career at NKU, back before it was the behemoth institute of higher learning that it's become today. Segment when I.
Speaker 9: Want two things, Gary Jeff. When I got there in nineteen eighty there were four buildings. I think there's four hundred easily, plus a nice arena. And then my first assignment in newspaper writing was with a grand old grand lady of journalism in the Tri State, Lois Sutherland, and she said, she walked in your first assignment is your first impressions and when you came down lovely none drive.
Speaker 1: At NKU. There's none like it. And end of that. Well, and what was your first impression? Segment? I thought the world ended up? I thought the world didn't have any bricks. Why did you think the world didn't have any bricks because there were no bricks being used in the construction of built. Every building in North NKU is concrete with prefab just kind of a guess, yeah, interlocked block.
Speaker 9: I mean that there was the library, nun Hall. There was another building in Regent's Hall when I got there. And I think when you went to n K the University Center being built, the psych building being built.
Speaker 1: The dorms were being built. I mean, it's unbelievable. Andy. Did you tell me that at the time you went to NKU there were only three co eds and they all wore birkenstocks, wor patuli and drove super No, I don't know a boy that a soccer but uh I did. Uh two other things. I did win an innermural volleyball championship while at NKU. You know, this is something I never knew that you and I had in common. So my senior year in high school, Yeah, even after being rejected by all the jocks and the politics of Hendersonville High School and Hendersonville, Tennessee, home of the Commandos, on my senior year, okay, I was the captain of the championship intermural basketball team. How about that My younger brother had a couple other seniors and we blew past the jocks that used to make fun of us from junior high. They couldn't they couldn't make the basketball team either in the high school. You still got your T shirt? Did he give T shirts out then? Or I may still have a trophy. I think we actually got a trophy. The best thing about intermural championships, especially in high school. I don't know if it's this way at NKU was volleyball for you? But you played volleyball? Yeah, okay, Uh, anyway, I'm just trying to imagine you in the end, I had a little a little bit more of a up athletic physique upward, upward, jump back then. Okay, So anyway, the great thing a little lower now to about. And anybody who was an intermural champion of any kind at high school knows this. The great thing about being intermural champion is that the whole school is in a because if they bought a fifty cent ticket to the championship game, they got to skip that whole hour of class. So you know, everybody's in the gym watching you play basketball one shining moment. As they like to say, I don't think anybody was there when we were playing. Oh, the whole school turns out, and it was kind of like in your face for all of us that on my team that won the championship, because we were all told we couldn't, we were no good, we sucked, we couldn't play basketball, And here we are just running rings around these fellow former jocks in front of the entire school, making them the laughing stock. It it's great.
Speaker 9: And another thing was that one year for extra credit or credit for radio and television over an NKU was videotaping basketball games and NKU went to Richmond to play Eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Colonels. Yeah, the women's team. Okay, so I go down. There was Kenny Shields, the no, no, no, we get we get the lady the ladies get all the equipment out, and somebody says, where's the shoe bag? Where's the shoe bag? And it's like with all the player shoes in them, and it's like, uh, oh, is that you're responsibility?
Speaker 9: Look across the street and there was like two or three shoe stores across across this shopping center out on campus.
Speaker 1: Did you have to go and get shoes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, they went over and across the highway and everything else. Did you did you videotape that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: That would have been a great act, right there was. That was a class shoe run. And I think they won the game if I remember right in new shoes. That's that's a remarkable story. But that moment of like where's the shoe bag and it's like they're on zipping the bags and uniformed it this that and you know this and that. Uh oh, I think that somebody called campus and they said, you guys left something. I think I thought you were going to tell me that you were responsible for losing the shoe bell. No, they put you. I just wanted to make I just wanted to make sure the equipment got there. That was it. How do you feel about women's feet in general, Sigma, I don't know. I didn't. I just kind of stood there. I know this. I know this guy, fault Pat Donellan, He's a he's a foot freak. He's talking about his wife's feet and he wanted to show me pictures of his wife's feet. And I'm like, I'm not into that, dude, but he is. I told him, I said, size ten. If they got him a free pair of shoes, what the heck? I didn't. But you know, if it's for if it's free, it's for me. And this is like Nick, this is like three hours for the consumer. It's like three hours, three and a half hours for the game. So it's time. Yeah, And they have no other way of getting over anywhere except going over a fence, walking across a divided highway, going over another fence and into the shopping center. And here they come back with these two gigantic bags of shoes. And I advise you all to read Seg Dennison's new biography, Autobiography. Jason Williams is gonna. I was going to write it. I was at NKU in nineteen eighty. There were three co eds. I didn't have a chance of getting a date because they all like soccer. I stole their shoes. You stole their shoe. Now, Seg, get us out of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 9: Gary, Jeff and Otter of a nice day here in a tri state, but the rain is on the way with Ted McKay no doubt.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewd Report. I hope you'll be with us next week until remember, no matter how new, the safest device in your car is you. This is Rodrick Crawford saying see you next week. Twenty one fifty. My friend Westside Jim loves Broderick Crawford Highway Patrol. Baby, done that shot? Get a better net because he always shoots people in every episode, every single one, oh that's your stude. Seven HUNDREDLW. Thanks allowing me this time today, thanks to iHeart Cincinnati, thanks to Willie for taking the day off. I have the Nightcap shows coming back with the Red season being over on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday Night. Monday Night, in our continuing series on the Nightcap, American History on the Radio, a full hour with Jim Lebarbari, the music professor about his career, how he got into the business and coming to Cincinnati and all the rest. Tuesday Night, Eddie Fingers will be in the spotlight. It's his turn for a close up on the Nightcap. That's his coming Tuesday Night. So plan ahead Fingers and Boyman Eddie and Rocky coming up next