Speaker 1: Seven one here for the five ker City talk station. We're talking about the Rainzach coming up the next segment with Donovan and Neil American from Americans for Prosperity the meantime. Over to the phones, and I'm going to start with Eric. Eric, welcome to the show. It's good to have you on this morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning. How are you today?
Speaker 1: I am doing well. I understand you have an interesting backstory on our conversation this morning about the Nazis rallying and even.
Speaker 2: There, Well, interesting is a good way to put that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christopher Smitheman mentioned you are friends with Christopher, is my understanding, and he brought you up. He didn't mention your name, I don't think, at least specifically, but mention you during his Spleen event on Monday here in the morning show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I missed that Monday. I was trying to get a little bit of rest. But I listened to that often and you as well.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that much. Eric, Go ahead and go ahead tell my listeners all about it.
Speaker 2: So you know, basically, I was coming from a client lunch. My office is over there in TechView Office Center right off of seventy five, and I was coming from a client lunch and I came over I seventy five, and as I approached the overpass, of course I see armed Nazis with masks and swastikas. And as I approached, they had a bullhorn shouting the inward, go home. And they proceeded to They came out into the street from the sidewalk over to my driver's side window, within a few inches of me while they're standing in the middle of the road, and shouted the inward and told me get out of America. And I pulled my firearm. Of course, uh, And I probably practiced a little more restraint than I should have. But of course you don't want.
Speaker 1: To hurt someone, you know, and you don't want to induce them to perhaps use deadly force because they then fear for their own life because you have a firearm aimed at them. This is where we end up into the very delicate situation that none of us want to be involved with. You know, it's one thing to have a firearm and you can pull it out and perhaps lay it on your lap, just demonstrating that you have it and you're willing to use it to defend your life. But when you go to point it at someone, then if they've got one, then they may very well pull it out and then argue that they were justified in using deadly force because they believed you were going to use deadly force.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, and that's why I did not. I never pointed at at them. You never even turned my head toward them.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 2: I think that's what made them upset, was because wouldn't they? Would they? When I didn't look at them and I blasted my music. The police officer actually came up to my window and said, sir, you need to turn your music down. And I said, are they still yelling? And he said yeah, And I said, well, you know, I'm not going to turn it down, right. I could have said something else, put in different words, but I didn't. And then another officer came down, sod we turned my music down, and I told him no, because the street was blocked. I couldn't run. There was a red light, but I couldn't run it right, I couldn't even go through. So, you know, I just want people to know that this is not a situation where I'm saying I want to violate somebody's right to free speech or I want to go against I mean, I had disagreed with what they think. I realized in America you're allowed to think what you think, but you're not allowed to come out onto the road in the middle of the street, which you're gun shouting the in word while the police watch.
Speaker 1: All right, and there you go. See now that that may support I think it was Alisha Reese's comment about giving tickets out because arguable, and I'm sure some police officer knows the the traffic laws better than I do. Of course they do. But then if you go out into the street and you interrupt traffic or block traffic, that may be a ticketable offense. So maybe that was a situation where they could have issued a citation for the idiot Nazis.
Speaker 2: But brother, you are I mean, how do you There's no cross up there. They're standing on a double yellow line on a state overpass with the police behind them, in the sheriff in front of them, and they're doing this to me man, And I'm thinking, at what point are these guys gonna protect me? At what point I'm thinking, Okay, I'm a sensible guy. I'm on my way to my office. I'm thinking, Okay, this is gonna end. Really, they're gonna, they're gonna, they're they're gonna it was they took too long. They took too long, and I try to understand that's a hard job. I support law enforcement, but you know, I shouldn't have to endure someone. No one that could have been my.
Speaker 1: Daughter, your daughter, I understand. I hear you out loud, and I guess my point is, it has been widely reported. You were there, so you actually saw it, and you're filling in a lot of the details that many of us don't even have. But it was been widely reported that they were standing on the sidewalk and screaming their Nazis screams and making idiots out of themselves, which is all protected constitution protected speech and activities. But the minute they get out into the road and start impeding traffic and creating a hazard, then that may be a ticketable offense, and perhaps the police should have done that, you know, But thank you for filling in the blanks, Eric, And you know what, I got to applaud you for your amazing exercise of restraint.
Speaker 2: I don't want anyone to hurt me. I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to take care of my family, live my life, protect myself. Well, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want that, Amen, Amen, I'm with you. Listen that one time that guy tried to kill me on the express when came to and I had my handgun out. I had it at my side because I thought he was going to just beat the living crap out of me. But he walked away. And I've always said that was the best part of the day. Terrible day for me. I was fearful of my life. I didn't have to shoot somebody. That's the last thing you want to have to do. Thank amen. I thank god many times that I didn't have to shoot that guy because if he was in my face after all of that on the expressway, trust me, I was prepared to use deadly force. Good job, Eric, Thank you again for calling man. It's it's wonderful to have first hand account and real details. And again I applaud your exercise and restraint. Whish we could talk around. I appreciate you, Amen, I appreciate you a seven twenty eight. Any friend of Christopher Smithman is a friend of mine from my perspective. Seven twenty eight fifty five cares that he talk