Speaker 1: Ooze up, must come down.
Speaker 2: Spinning wheel got taboo round talking about your tumbles.
Speaker 3: It's a crying sin, a.
Speaker 2: Painted pony let the spin and wheel steal.
Speaker 3: You got no mon name, you got no home.
Speaker 2: Stein wheel all along talking about your trumples, and you you never learn ride a painted pony let the spinding wheel her? Can you find the directing sign on the street and narrow high away?
Speaker 3: Won't you mind reflect this side?
Speaker 4: Just let it shine within your mind and show.
Speaker 3: The colors are hello, hope. That song Spinning Wheel enshrined in the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame. In twenty ten, he received his star in the Canada Walk Hall of Fame and in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame as lead singer for Blood, Sweat and Tears. David Clayton Thomas. You know the voice, and he still is out doing some limited touring believe it or not again at the age of eighty three. His birthday was yesterday. As we focus on today, Saturday, September fourteenth, twenty twenty four, before we look ahead and look back, significant events and people tied to this particular data in history, including but not limited to, these during the Mexican American War, US forces under General Winfield Scott took control of Mexico City eighteen forty seven. Eighteen sixty one, the first naval engagement of the Civil War took place. The Colorado attacked and sank the Confederate private schooner Judah off the coast of Pensacola, Florida. See nineteen oh one. President William McKinley died in Buffalo, New York, of gunshot wounds inflicted by an assassin eight days previous nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 5: On this date.
Speaker 3: In modern dance, pioneer Isadore Duncan died in Nice, France. Nineteen eighty two. Princess Grace of Monaco Grace Kelly died at age fifty two of injuries from a car crash the day before. Still controversy of who was driving and what really occurred and was there a cover up in the death of Princess Grace of Monaco. Let's see Americans pat churches and public squares on a day of remembrance for the victims of the September eleventh, Tech twenty three years ago. Today birthdays actor Walter Kanig, who was check Off on Star Trek the TV show, is eighty eight. Basketball Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown is eighty four. He's won NBA championships and National College Championships. Sam Neil The Actors seventy seven, Melissa Leo, the Actress sixty four. Faith Ford is sixty. Supreme Court Justice Kaitanji Brown Jackson, who can't define what a woman is and in spite of that, still sits on the highest court. In Atlanta's fifty four Today, actor Andrew Lincoln RAPPERNAZ fifty one. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is forty six. Katie Lee, the Chef and TV Girl has a birthday. Listen. If it's your birthday, I hope it is the best day you could possibly imagine, and you spend that with the people you love, doing the things you like to do, and that's truly my wish for you. Tony Fino from the Professional Golf Tour has a birthday today as well. It's five point forty one this morning.
Speaker 6: At nine, Mike Allen goes full thor and wields his mighty gavel of justice on seven hundred WLW now the time.
Speaker 7: To buy your new vehicle at carry Automotive dot com. Whether you're in the market for a Toyota, for Buick, GMC, Chevy, Nissan, Masa VW or Hundai, the place to shop is.
Speaker 3: Your forecast Sonny and hot ninety about ten degrees above normal temperature for this time of year, mostly clear overnight, and the sunshine and the heat continues through the first part of the week. See we got here sixty seven. Right now it's seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 3: Williamson's this is the only time we'll probably have any chance to talk at all what's going on in sports. Brother Red's Top to Twins eight to four.
Speaker 8: Last night, Elie d la Cruz's first his career Gland Slam lifts the Reds over the Twins. The two teams are back in action tonight. Inside pitch begins at six to ten. First pitch is set for seven to ten. Listen right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW Orange and Blue Face Columbus and the Hell is Real rivalry.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 8: Pregame coverage begins at seven. Kickoff is set for seven to forty. Listen to that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Bengals Sunday against the Chiefs. Kickoff is at four to twenty five. Pregame sports talk begins at noon. All that action will be on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: You know, you realize this is the only game of the year, unless there perhaps is a playoff encounter later on where I will not be ridding for the Bengals. I'm a Chiefs fan through and through. Skipton was always off. Do you have any high school scores?
Speaker 1: I have a ton for you.
Speaker 8: East Central handled Franklin County forty nine to thirteen. Harrison shuts out Western Hills forty nine to nothing. The fighting day from Harrison to move to four to zh on the season, Hendersonville with a big win over Hunters Lane forty seven twenty four. The Commandos are four to one on the season so far. Lawrenceburg routes Greensburg seventy to three. South Dearborn holds Connersville scoreless, winning forty one nothing Percell Marion at just Kipp Columbus sixteen to fourteen. Kentucky Country Day sixty four, want Verna thirteen, nor would Foster Clark Montossori twenty six to twelve. Covington Catholic beat Dixie Heights forty seven, twenty eight, Cooper handled business against Campbell County, winning forty two nothing.
Speaker 1: Your tuned to news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Is your home prepared for the upcoming cold weather? Great place to start by having your homes attic and walls properly insulated. When u attic isn't properly insulated, the warmer can escape through the attic and walls. If your home causing higher utility goals, I recommend you have USA Insulation properly insulate your entire home so you can take advantage of having Erratic insulated for free now. This offer ends on September twenty second, so call now before winner gets here. Five one three three eight one three six two six three point eight one phone visit USA NI net.
Speaker 5: This is Jennifer Mueller, vice president of human Resources at Santas.
Speaker 10: We believe in offering our employees the best and benefits and that's why we.
Speaker 3: Offer And it was grand. Let me tell you about it. So my wife and I, Chris is two point oh oh and I took off last Sunday in the morning and traveled north into Ohio to a little town, our resting place for a couple of nights. And wentow thank friend Dan Jensen, Dan Jensen farmer Dan for letting us stay at his wonderful, little serene farmhouse in an extra room. And we stayed there for three nights in Oak Harbor, Ohio, which is right by the lake but in the middle of farming country, and he has an acreage of farm land there. And sitting out on the back porch of that quiet house in the middle of this beautiful Ohio farmland in the mornings and in the evenings was probably the best part of the vacation number one. But we traveled up to Port Clinton, which is just nearby within fifteen twenty minutes, you know, this jumping off point to go to put In Bay and Middle Bass and Kelly Island and all that. We didn't make it to the islands, but we did make it to Port Clinton. Drove through the Wild African Animal Safari where the animals come up to your car, and I was seriously concerned about two things. The huge bison that came up to get feed from us as our windows are rolled down. This thing is about as big as the car we're in. I was afraid it was going to tip us over like the Bronosaurus ribs on the flintstones, and my wife the giraffe who came up to the window. She said, giraffes have incredibly soft tongues. We made it to Michigan to the Henry Ford Museum, the Innovation Museum. They're in Dearborn, eye popping stuff. Very interesting. I'd show you pictures, but I'm on the radio. And we went to visit radio's best friend Arnt Volo at his home in Nova, Michigan. The next day saw our friend Brad Moffatt from the Ohio corn and wheat growers on the way back home. And Wednesday in Urbana, Ohio. Very little interstate driving, I mean going to Michigan and had to kind of but up through Ohio. If you get a chance to roll just on those kind of vacations, try and stay off the interstates as much as possible. See how beautiful this country is and how cool the people are because they are all that. No beaches, no Las Vegas excursions. That was a perfect vacation. And now it's over five point fifty one. We're hanging with Dick next. A special announcement coming up about Dick. If you've been looking for Dick news, we have it in moments.
Speaker 10: You asked for better transit in Hamilton County and Metro delivered you wanted six twenty four hour routes.
Speaker 1: Metro gave you some FMW two three three BG Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Time for some picken and grinnan with our friend Dick from Dayton and Dick, We've got to open up with the big Dick news. Courtesy of our mutual friend Dave from Dayton, you will be at Huddle's Cafe there in Newport today from noon till two. Confirm or deny.
Speaker 11: You are exac I didn't want to tell you, but we had a show.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I hadn't heard from Dave and he called my friend.
Speaker 13: And I'm telling you, Dave, take that.
Speaker 12: And there were so many people there.
Speaker 3: I mean you were at a place called Laurel Wood Assisted Living Place performing for the seniors there.
Speaker 14: I wanted you know what, I was going to surprise you, Gary Jee Noll No, No, But.
Speaker 3: I want to tell the listeners. I want to tell the audience that you'll be there. Dick from Dayton. We'll be making a special appearance at Huddles today at six twenty eight Mama Street in Newport from noon till about two. Are you going to bring your mandolin or are you going to bring an answer ayk or anything?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 15: There you go.
Speaker 3: So Dick and his ukulele and there's just a couple. You don't have much time this morning, Dick. So we got to get your dick picked for the Bengals game against Kansas City tomorrow afternoon. The Bengals do not start well in the Joe Burrow era, but Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow is the only quarterback in the NFL that has a three to one record against Patrick Mahomes. So I guess there's a ray of hope. What give me a dick pic A prediction for Bengals Chiefs tomorrow.
Speaker 16: I say the Bengals twenty one, the Chiefs fourteen.
Speaker 3: So the Chiefs are only going to score fourteen points and the Bengals are going to find a way to score twenty one when they couldn't score more than ten against the Patriots. Okay, log it, you've heard it.
Speaker 17: As we end up seeing a decent amount of sunshine today, though temperature is about ten degrees above average, as we will be flirting with the ninety degree mark and mostly sunny skies very similar for your Sunday as well. From Severe Weather Station on nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: It's currently sixty seven degrees. Our next update is at six thirty. I'm Whitney Harris, News Radio seven hundred WLW, News.
Speaker 18: Twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: And service your sprinter at Mercedes Men's of Fort Mitchell into the.
Speaker 3: First official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, September fourteenth, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. You are you and that is perfectly fine with me and I love her. Hella, Good morning, Mama.
Speaker 20: Tree, Good morning doll.
Speaker 21: Baby.
Speaker 3: We don't have what I'm great, We don't have a lot of time. So if you want to sing, go ahead and sing, baby.
Speaker 21: I wah to see Mama. I wan to seema Mama, im tuyma Mom while she's heaven bound, while she's heaven bound.
Speaker 20: Amen.
Speaker 3: Amen. So what's been going on? You're getting a new phone?
Speaker 20: Yeah, arted it yesterday.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic. How was your teeth? How was your jaw?
Speaker 20: Well, they have never done it. They said they're not gonna let this scut do it in Kentucky. So I'm a Protestant.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 20: If they can cut my friend's teeth over at Sainte Edgewood, why can't they do mine?
Speaker 22: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I hear you well, I mean I'll be out there in the picket lines with you, but I want to let you know that we love you.
Speaker 20: I love you, and I gotta go till they come on over.
Speaker 3: Oh Day from Dayton. Yes, Oh, he's planning something. Believe me, he really is. Let's talk to our friend Dave from Harrison take Away the tree.
Speaker 14: Take Away the.
Speaker 3: Birds will be sitting on the ground. Take away and.
Speaker 23: Walks again.
Speaker 3: Oh the humanity. The birds have no walk to get around.
Speaker 17: Take Away.
Speaker 19: Consume me.
Speaker 3: Time to talk to our favorite dirty bird, the king of the dad joke on Saturday morning, the One and Only Dave from Harrison. Dave, did you hear Dix coming to huddles today?
Speaker 14: I heard That's huge?
Speaker 3: What what's your availability?
Speaker 14: Well, I.
Speaker 3: Put you in the spot. I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: No, okay, all right, let's just see how the day shakes out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get to it. What do you got well?
Speaker 14: What birds fly to Lisbon for the winter?
Speaker 1: Portuguese Portugals.
Speaker 14: Okay, very close, very close.
Speaker 24: Remember remember when you came, remember where we lived?
Speaker 14: Are building there?
Speaker 12: Well they uh last three days they've been uh resurfacing the roof.
Speaker 14: You know, they pour off the old roof and put on a new roof.
Speaker 12: And now we all got the shingles.
Speaker 3: Okay, finish, finished, finished, strong, Dave? Finished?
Speaker 12: Yes, where does where does seaweed look.
Speaker 3: To find a job? Where does seaweed look to find a job? Dave, I don't know. In the KELP wanted set, you deserve this.
Speaker 25: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred W l W or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our ere programming.
Speaker 3: America is the freedom of speech, even for stupid people. America is bikini tops and Daisy douke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you won't find that in France.
Speaker 3: No, all they have is soft cheese.
Speaker 12: America I believe in the American dreams sweetest dream there is, and so does Bill Cunningham, sweetest man on the air.
Speaker 3: Bill Cunningham is America. I am a great American. He's mister Red, White, and Blue.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham. Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred.
Speaker 26: WL Performance you used car Superstore, pretty owned Vehicles and finance options Performance Superstore dot.
Speaker 3: Com about ten degrees above normal for the high tempts this week and lots of sunshine and.
Speaker 19: No radio music you should know featuring Ashley McBride.
Speaker 1: Radio Land.
Speaker 3: We had one contrastation.
Speaker 27: You could drive in listen don't wayne water Town Mama Campoli's playing in the kitchen turned up just a little juwel daddy of a rock star and on a tractor listening in the townsman's hand. I was five years old with a HAIRBRUSMN phone, growing up in.
Speaker 3: Radio dan Ah. Yeah, here we are in Radio Land, an old radio Rick on the phone with us in Radio Land. Good morning, Ricky, how are we? Hey?
Speaker 14: Good morning?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 12: You're coming in a solid two by three and an eighteen forty one ZENA six S five three to two. It's a sixty two AM shortwave radio with an R upstate, a beautiful wooden cabinet. Well not yet, but it will be. And this radio is it sold for thirty three bucks and forty one, about seven hundred dollars today, owned by some guy named Liam.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so why yeah?
Speaker 3: Why is it so? Why is it so sick? Because you're saying two by three and that's two loudness three clarity or vice versa.
Speaker 12: Exactly correct. Nope, you had it exactly right. And the problem is the original wave magnet internal antenna, which is not just a loop, was missing, and luckily, after a few false starts, I have one, but it's still in Maryland, so it's not really helping reception pretty much. Step so after trying to steal one from Toledo Steve, but it was the wrong model so that wasn't successful. Plus he probably would have caught me. A regular terrestrial listener of yours, Bill in only Maryland is going to get it to me. Whether he knows that yet or not, I guess now he does.
Speaker 3: So do you how often do you have to do that? Just go search somewhere, because folks radio Rick has just rose and rose boxes of tubes and capet masters and all kinds of parts for these antique radios. But how often do you have to outsource out and try and find something like that that magnet antenna and you know.
Speaker 5: The the.
Speaker 12: I swear God God looks out for me a lot of times on these because usually the only time is I usually have to do that if it's for something very specific to a model, like in this case, it is a unique intent of that only a few models of Zenith used, and I just happened to not have any similar model, Otherwise I would have, you know, grabbed one of my own and figured it out later. Sure, But then, like the Shirley Temple radio we were talking about a few weeks ago, the same thing needed to very obscure a couple of coils for it, and darned if I just didn't go to eBay. And the first thing I pull up is here's the coil you need, right, is like, what the heck? And then the second coil? Yeah, And then this is the second coil another guy had at first all and it was just as dead as the one I had. And so I got my money back and thanks to some nail polish from my wife and another reference from Bill and Oldie to buy some magnet wire of a certain specific size. I'm winding it myself, and yeah, totally. I tend to get very lucky. But there are a few radios around and Jack from Lebanon, I swear half of his radio's fall into this category. It's just like waiting until I find that one stupid thing I need and I can't find it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's a wild goose chase plenty of times. Don't have a whole lot of time. Do you have any thing you wanted to add about Liam's nineteen forty one?
Speaker 12: Well, I do have to do a lot of cabinet work on it, but it's it's gonna be pretty and beautiful and wonderful sound, and it will love me a two by three when he gets it back. I promise he's.
Speaker 3: Working on your radio. Liam, He's got it on the bench. Baby.
Speaker 12: It's alive. That's that's the key. It's alive.
Speaker 3: It's alive, all right, old radio rickidgmail dot com. Anything else?
Speaker 12: Add I just if I touched the green wire with my finger, it goes up to coming in by about three by four. So but I'm not going to make Liam sit there and hold his finger on the green wire promise.
Speaker 3: Oh we'd We've made him do worse.
Speaker 12: Don't worry, I'm sure that's digital Lowest.
Speaker 3: Takes twenty at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Decision twenty twenty four the race for the White House.
Speaker 28: This campaign is not just about US versus dount Kamala Harris.
Speaker 14: She's the most extreme liberal candidate in the history of our country.
Speaker 29: Donald Trump, I will proudably put my record against his any day of.
Speaker 1: The region, of all American glob of democracy.
Speaker 30: They have an open border policy, they have a high tax policy.
Speaker 19: They have a bad military policy.
Speaker 1: Listen for the latest on seven hundred WLW. We're less than a week away from our twenty twenty four I Heard Radio Music fact we should be buying Capital War.
Speaker 29: Biggest headliners in live music will be taking over T Mobile Arena, Las Vegast some special.
Speaker 1: Surprises in moments you are not going to what Who've missed?
Speaker 29: Stream only on Hulu next Friday and Saturday, starting at ten thirty pm.
Speaker 8: Capital One is so proud persenting partner of the twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music ACCESSIL bringing great products.
Speaker 19: Rewards and services to its customers.
Speaker 1: What's in your wallet.
Speaker 7: Now the time to buy your new vehicle, buy on Core Technologies and your local Ford dealers on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage. Got a few minutes to spend with Bengals head coach Zach Taylor, and we have a game one under the belt. It was kind of ugly. I guess the four team miss Tackles will touch on that quickly. These guys have probably been tackling people most of their lives by the time they get to the pros in practice, what can you tell them about tackling that they don't already know?
Speaker 14: No, we work it all the time.
Speaker 5: You know, there's even if you're not making people to the ground, you're working there technique, your body position and.
Speaker 11: So something we continue to emphasize. We've always emphasized it, and we've certainly got to be better moving forward.
Speaker 7: Sure, Joe Burrow was saying that pretty much took what the Patriots defense gave them. You said, you have to check the tape and see if they were opportunities missed. How many opportunities were missed?
Speaker 11: Well, I think you know, anytime you lose the tunum of battle two to nothing, you're going to lose eighty five percent of games. That's just that's the way the league works, and especially in week one when when there's a lot of unknowns there. So we got to do a much better job protecting the football and getting into the way, and we're getting ourselves a lot more opportunities to win.
Speaker 7: How practice has been this week? What has been the attitude overall in practice? Something you have to bound We had.
Speaker 11: A great Yeah, we had a great practice, Yesterordy. I was excited about that. You know, it's Kansas City. Didn't take a whole lot to get up for them. You know, it's it's a this is why you do it. These are the atmospheres you want to play in. The great team with great coaches. We've had good battles with them in the past that have always come down to the last minute. And so yesterday was a great practice and we get two more to go, and I'm encouraged by where our team's at from the mindset perspective right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I basically it's a team you know pretty well. Any wrinkles in Kansas City for twenty twenty four that might be different.
Speaker 11: No, I mean we feel good about our plan. You know, it's it's it is like playing a division team. We've played him so many times now, sometimes twice a year or so. I feel good about where we're at right now with our preparation, and you know, I feel like we'll have a good plan for our players and ready to go on Sunday.
Speaker 7: As we sit here now, I guess the t Higgins is considered unlikely to play. What about Logan Wilson.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I expect Logan. He just mispracticed yesterday. It's just more of a recovery day and he'll get some work as that. Wee goes.
Speaker 7: Carrieus, if you're a new fan of the new kickoff rules, I don't know that it's something the world was crying out for.
Speaker 3: What do you think of it?
Speaker 11: There was a lot of action there, you know, So we'll continue to see game my game, what changes. But you know, it was a little bit more of the same as we went through the last one. So we'll continue to see if that of all this is the season goes well.
Speaker 7: Best of luck with Kansas City. We'll talk again in a week exact, Taylor, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 19: With a constantly changing landscape of technology, it's important to.
Speaker 1: Stay ahead of the radio seven hundred wl JOB.
Speaker 17: Well, it's certainly a warm one to kick off your Saturday. Temperatures only drop down to the mid to upper sixties during the overnight hours, and with a lot of sunshine making its way in, expect your afternoon high to be close to ninety. That's nearly ten degrees above average. Very similar conditions for your Sunday as well. Temperatures will be staying warm from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred Wlw's.
Speaker 31: Guys, clear sixty five degrees right now. I Sandy Collins our next update at seven on news radio seven hundred WLWL News.
Speaker 18: Twenty four hours a day. It was Radio seven hundred WLW. Let's travel, I'm toasting year sit Honting.
Speaker 4: We may be through ude, you never care me com play Friends were the whiskey round plan of the Chase blues, All chase those blues away.
Speaker 3: Baby, It'll be okay. Let's head east, my friends, out of downtown Cincinnati down Highway fifty, State No. US fifty two. I've been corrected on this before. Into how now Brown County, The lovely little village of Ripley, Ohio, and a place called Brookies on Main Street, where the Gang has gathered once again on a Saturday morning. Good morning, gang, Good morning, So what's going on? Who've we got in attendance? And say it loud and proud.
Speaker 28: Ye have got Darren, We've got Doug, We've got green Hornet, we have myself and I brought the Satan Dog this morning.
Speaker 14: Don have a buzz.
Speaker 28: We do not have a buzz yet.
Speaker 3: Well, it's early work work on.
Speaker 28: It just tell somewhat part of the world you're in. Hey before before my brain gets ahead of my mouth. Joe Cow's fan is playing at Brookies at eight PM's night. They're really really good, So you don't have anything to do, Come on down.
Speaker 14: Listen to music.
Speaker 28: The Queen Hearts drawing next wednesday'll be up to around at least sixty five.
Speaker 20: Thousand dollars on them.
Speaker 11: That has fun.
Speaker 28: Next Saturday there is a benefit motorcycle motorcycle ride a motorcticker, sorry Charlie and uh it's for a young girl. But her name is Nyla and she had a heart trains plan and she's had a lot of complications and this is to help support the family, so then and bring the bikes down next Saturday. I'm actually gonna get mine out, it's out from underneath the tarp and bring down. So we're on down, folks.
Speaker 3: Where do you meet up for the the at brook at Brookie? All right, fantastic, thank you birth on my little mini vacation with christ two point Oh we met another Lisa. Not nearly like you, Lisa, because no one is quite like you, but she is a She is a donkey whisperer. What would you call yourself if you were a certain kind of whisperer? What kind of whisperer would you be?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 28: Gosh, oh that's difficult because I'm multi talented, so I don't know.
Speaker 16: I was the best boy boy whisperer, A.
Speaker 1: Boy whisperer, Yes, all right, very nice.
Speaker 3: Now, what are you guys planning for Doug's birthday? Doug's going a big birthday coming up on Tuesday. Doug bonson the oil baron of Brown County is a big birthday coming up.
Speaker 28: Okay, Doug's birthday.
Speaker 3: Tuesday.
Speaker 12: I think I'm actually probably going to get some walleye and some perch out and took them up for anybody that wants you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try and make it. We'll see if the car will actually.
Speaker 20: Make it to one time.
Speaker 23: Show up for how what time, Gary, Jea, Oh at my house?
Speaker 3: Not at my house. You don't want to be at my house?
Speaker 24: What time you What time you want to I don't know.
Speaker 3: The plans haven't been finalized. We just know we want to come out and see you on your birthday in the afternoon on Tuesday. I appreciate you. I mean, what do you get the man who has everything besides well, I guess penicillin. How's the weather rocks, Sherry?
Speaker 28: Oh, the weather rock is wonderful.
Speaker 16: We have.
Speaker 28: We had a little sprinkle last night around here, which was you're lucky, strange. I know it was just a sprinkle though, but uh yeah, the weather rock's been pretty pretty dry. It's going to be like ninety today. So the weather's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well, if you about this way, if you like that kind of thing, you guys have a fantastic weekend, and thank you so much. Bye bye bye. Steve from met In, Ohio hanging around with a pithy phone call in moments here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 29: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 10: You asked for better transit in Hamilton County and Metro delivered you wanted six twenty four hour routes. Metro gave you seven plus twenty four hour access service.
Speaker 3: The real post debate fact checkers detailed all of Kamala Harris's lies last week in her tedt a ted Man to Whatever confrontation and pointed out the lies. She has said one thing that is true, and she said it more than once now. Her values haven't changed. That means she still believes all the crazy nonsense that she was spouting in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty. Don't be fooled by her pragmatism in trying to get elected by she's telling you the truth when she says her values haven't changed about minor transurgery, about abortion, about fracking, about gun rights, about your right to freedom of speech. We still have that. And that's why we bring in our friend Steve from etn Ohio, where a pithy phone calling news of the week, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Steve, and how how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 22: Okay?
Speaker 3: Her values. Haven't her values haven't changed?
Speaker 13: Steve oh Amen, Well wait aboute breaking news. Excuse me. Hamas has agreed to a debate with Israeli Prime Minister bb Nut and Yahoo moerated by ABC. Bbe, don't do it. They are terrorists and I'm talking about ABC. The eight hundred pound elephant in.
Speaker 5: The reum.
Speaker 13: Is the so called debate on Tuesday Night. I do not watch or listen to debates because they are not debates. Why Donald Trump would ever accede to a lynching by ABC, I will never know. They fact checked Donald on the air numerous times, frequently getting it wrong themselves, and failed to fact check Harris even once. What did you expect Donald? He was unprepared in every way. When Harris said that during the current administration, we have no troops in combat, the fact checkers should have salivated like pablaws dogs. We have them all over the world and they are getting killed and named. Not to mention the thirteen killed at the Kabul airport. Where was the old Trump wit? Just once? He should have stared at Kamala and questioned her veracity by saying, are you four imprints certain of that? When Harris and Walls bring up abortion. All Trump has to do is note that former far left Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg called Roe v. Word a horrible opinion, poorly written, poorly researched. Another fact checker missq with failure to note that during this Tim Walls era as governor of Minnesota, that state did indeed report the post birth deaths of five infants scheduled for what was errodeously called an abortion. It's in fantaside, is fact checker, and Walls has now made sure those murders are no longer reported. Problems solved in Walls world. Numerous states now have this form of infanticide. Conservatives stop talking about post birth abortion. It's freaking in fantaside. Maybe we should have stopped at seven debates in eighteen fifty eight between Lincoln and Douglas when they were running for the US Senate. It's still the greatest ever discussion of slavery. Lincoln was marvelous. He clearly won most, if not all, of those debates. He lost the election, but beat Douglas two years later for President of.
Speaker 14: The United States.
Speaker 13: There's all always hope. I think television has killed the debate format. Although Nixon and Kennedy were only four years apart in age, they both served in the Navy in World War II in the Pacific Entered Congress together in nineteen forty seven, were friends and shared a deep loathing of communism. But the only take for some Americans on those four appearances in nineteen sixty was the JFK look younger and more vibrant.
Speaker 22: Actually he did.
Speaker 1: And then there are the polls.
Speaker 13: They become big business, and so some, if not most of them cut corners a representative sample. And I got this, by the way, thirty years ago from a professor at the University of Cincinnati who I talked to on the phone, A representative sample to be balid statistically, should in most cases have fifteen hundred respondents carefully vetted. But that's expensive, isn't it. Somebody should fact check polsters Page two. We could have had a whole debate on the chaos and Springfield, Ohio, where way back on July the eighth, the mayor requested help from the federal government and got none. That is, to deal with the huge influx of Haitians, many of whom turned out to be shall we say uncivilized, which is pretty indicative of the entire invasion across our border since twenty twenty one. Back on the island of Haiti, well, that island that Haiti shares with the Dominican Republic. The dr produces Major League Baseball players and damn good ones, while Haiti produces illegal immigrants to the United States. The only thing righteous folks in Springfield can do now, frankly, is escaped to Haiti. The crazies are here and vote absentee in our election. I have a question, has the has the Springfield administration told police to stand down? Recently, an elderly woman was hit by a Haitian car as she took the garbage to the curb. She was thrown into the street. No charges were filed against the no valid license Haitian. His license had been suspended. How the hell did he ever get in the first place? My question, Springfield administration, how come now you understand why the administration says there's no problem with the Haitians.
Speaker 32: Uh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, but everybody who lives there says differently. Newly minted Democrats staffer, Oh, he got a job in the White House. Dicky Warbucks Chainy is supplying missiles and drones to those beleaguered ducks and geese in Springfield. Stay tuned. Matt Gates, Republican of Florida, had the best idea this week about correcting the.
Speaker 22: DC dance this.
Speaker 13: Oh I am, oh, I am so thrilled at this. He calls it single subject spending bills. Don't you love it when they linked all the spending bills with other crap? Linking government shut down debate with anything else is the current example. What Gates also said was when you have these single subject spending bills, everything separated, each agency involved would have to defend its spending before Congress. Oh yeah, recall the line item veto that was muching, you know, the same tune. Recall how they commingled aid to Israel and to Ukraine to try and confuse us. Yep, yeah, okay. Now I have one question for you, Gary Jeff, and you can run with this quickly. I was deeply disturbed by your report on dositing the Lake. You did not include Toledo and your WLW Hillbilly Lake cruise.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no no. I went to Tony Paco's so we were into Leedo.
Speaker 13: Oh I have a Tony Paco's shirt. I apologize I missed that.
Speaker 3: I didn't have time to detail everything, and we don't have time for much more, Steve, so we got to run.
Speaker 13: Okay, take care of yourself, you too.
Speaker 3: Steve froment o'hio loved the pithy phone calls six fifty four and the truth therein. When it comes to waterprooping, foundation repair and concrete lifting, Dwyer is the only name you need to know to get the job done right. Call the pre September fourteenth, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker to be with you again on our Saturday forays into the unusual and the multifaceted, and that includes our friend Steve Shulty, environmental engineer who's got some good news to share this morning.
Speaker 1: I see tree so green.
Speaker 33: Reads too, I see them blue following you, and I think to myself.
Speaker 3: What I wanta? Good morning, Steven. It's great to have you with us, and so you had you had some good news. You've been going through a little medical trial.
Speaker 28: Uh.
Speaker 16: I want to do a shout out to the women of BUO HC Radiation on collegey at the Mercy West Campus in Momford Heights, two prostate radiation treatments thirty six to go.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, every journey begins with, uh, with one step. So I mean you're you're on the on the way man, on the way to recovery. Praise God and we're all believing.
Speaker 32: That's right.
Speaker 16: Very Uh yeah, dude, a little be it's something of a little late this morning. Gary Jeff quickly comes from August eighth issue with an online publication called Waste three sixty Uh, an article by a guy named Gage Edwards. And it's the title. The article is down coin recovery Revolution. How reworld is saving millions from the waste and frey throwing away money. You know, we all have a lot of us utter it almost every day, especially about government. But in twenty seventeen company called reworld it started its coin searching process as an offshoot of its non fairest Metal operation. Fairest metal being iron, so not farrest being being things that are not iron. Looking for materials such as aluminum, copper, brass, zinc, and ten from nearly forty of their facilities across the US. And it turns out us US folks are throwing away a lot of money, and turn turns the coin reworld is recovering up to one million dollars worth of coins each year. They can be effectively recirculated.
Speaker 3: And where do they where do they recover these coins from?
Speaker 16: This is from our household trash. I tell you again, jep is something else. It's amazing, what what what we throw out out there? In addition, roughly two million dollars worth of coins recovered or are mutilated and unfit to be integrated back into circulation.
Speaker 24: UH.
Speaker 16: For the coins that can be put back in circulation, they are sent to a third party process or to get into the US banking system and not not to get into the details. The coins go through a machine sorting process after the garbage has been sorted including non faris recovery, X rays and coloring, and the final sorting is by hand to separate good coins from mutilated. Their outstanding challenge for reworld in and the coin recover processes dealing with the mutilated damage coins. In the past, damage coins have been redeemed by our US Mint for face value, and currently reworld has roughly three hundred and fifty tons of damage coins securely stored. However, despite shortage of coins for reports from the Federal Reserve, and anybody out there who owns business businesses knows this about the coin shortage, the US Mint has suspended the redemption programs citing concerns about internal resource challenges that means not up people and counterfeit coins come from overseas, despite all of the coins coming from US household trash.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you what, I always have plenty of change, and I love change. I would never throw it away knowing lyone. I see it all the time, Steve at say it the Kroger at the U scan or whatever. In the little coin return people just people have no regard for it. It's like it doesn't matter at all, and every little bit adds up. I'm with you, listen, we got a role brother, but thank you again and continued good luck in God's grace in your cancer treatments. Ten minutes after the hour.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, in the unchanted forest, the princess. Wait a minute, where's the princess?
Speaker 3: She's on maternity lead.
Speaker 1: We're filling in while she's out. But you're Eddie and Rocky. Yeah, so what this story is supposed to be about? How the princess does nothing but listen to your show.
Speaker 34: You know, let's be honest, if all she ever did was listen to our show, she wouldn't be on Maternity Leader.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Oh, good point, guys, Eddie and Ronde afternoon at three on seven hundred WLW. Yes, the three minutes, Rocko, that's what I got. Three minutes. So let's talk about big pharma and let's talk about sick care instead of healthcare.
Speaker 14: Well, let's definitely talk about sick head because obviously a big farmer, you know, they they they only want us to stay sick because you know, like there's so many are preventable diseases that you know, like cancer, you know, a diabetes and you know, and heart disease that are a preventable by easy not drugs, but easy lifestyle changes. And if you know, if people just went for the changes in lifestyle in instead of of go to the doctor for the diabetes drugs. Uh, like the statins, you know, like statins are the number one I prescribed a drug in the world, and they, you know, and they just found out from a study that there's a you know that fort of the population of the take statins shouldn't even be taking statins.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 14: With the new a directive from the American Heart. The American you know, like Heart Association is the one that even directed that. So you know, when you're when your profitability, when your stockholders only make money when people are are sick. And you know, when you see what covid, like Covid totally showed and exposed the fragility of like big pharma. You know, you know, a FISA just laid off, had to lay off about about a thirty percent of their workforce now because you know, like the COVID vaccine didn't, I didn't perform like it was supposed because it was a combo shot.
Speaker 8: It was the.
Speaker 14: COVID flu shot, and it performed. It didn't even I get the phase three of the clinical trial because it was it was a garbage vaccine, and there's a lot of garbage vaccines out there now. And so they just they play on fear. They want people to believe that their drugs are the only way, and that's not even you.
Speaker 3: Know, like that's not even they and they collude with doctors and large healthcare providers to continue pushing their myths and their their junk poison medication. Roco thanks you can find out more at rococostellano dot com. Rococostellano dot com read the article on sick care instead of healthcare because big farm is not providing healthcare. They want to keep you doing that. They want to keep you sick so they can keep making record profits. Period. End of story. That's the truth. Thanks Roco. Time now for a delving into that's right to Tom davis diary, wild wick wacky stories from around the world and around the country. Here's Tom.
Speaker 34: Week somehow shopping at Walmart. He just got a little scarier. But first and good old Whales. The police department there has a problem. And no it's not guns or knives or murders or break ins. It's a crotch problem.
Speaker 3: You see.
Speaker 34: They're now using a new unisex uniform. But men and women are different, and these new uniforms are crushing the groin areas of the mail officers because of the way they're cut. The union says they're outrage and they're criticizing the department for not investing in proper uniform design.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what's going on here. Just don't wear them. I mean, what are they gonna do? Arrest you?
Speaker 34: Your cops Anyway, some guy in India going viral for the birthday party he threw for his bike. He celebrated with a cake and flowers. He wrapped the bike in garlands and had his friends sing Happy Birthday.
Speaker 3: I mean, what can you say? Dude loves his bike. A guy in.
Speaker 34: Spain is cleaning up after he came up with a very novel business idea.
Speaker 3: He's a wedding prankster.
Speaker 34: For five hundred and fifty dollars, he will attend a wedding for you and call it off. People are hiring this to object to nuptials for them, and not just jilted ex lovers, but brides to be that didn't have the courage to speak up.
Speaker 3: They need a way out. This guy, we'll do it.
Speaker 34: It started as a joke and now he's booked through all next year. And finally, what's scarier than a Walmart on a Saturday afternoon? How about a haunted Walmart In Sewell, Texas. The wally World is going viral because people swear it's haunted. They claim to hear the sounds of children calling for their mother, the sound of bouncing balls, and kids playing games. They say that toys move without anybody being around, And the reason why it's haunted is because an orphanage burned to the ground back in nineteen hundred close to where they built this store. I don't know what to think because when I die, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sent to Walmart as purgatory. Next week, a vicious family fight erupts over a bride's bouquet toss.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend. When you're in the game, you need a reliable team backing you up.
Speaker 30: The same is part by Ross American Grill and Camber Credit Union on seven hundred alw the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 7: Are people saying one bad game from Joe Burrow. People were saying, do you think the guy's a bust? Do you think the guy's a bust? Probably just a matter of being rusty, not playing in the preseason, and you got one under your belt and things should improve.
Speaker 3: Would you say, yeah, you know.
Speaker 24: There are people out there that think this is still risk related because of some of the throws that he chose not to make or didn't make in the game against New England Patriots. But I'm trusting Joe at his word when he spoke earlier this week, he talked about having some happy feet, talked about not being comfortable. I mean, if you look at the grand scheme of things, this is a quarterback that left the game against the Baltimore Ravens midseason last year with the major injury, and Sunday was his first game back, and the first time he dropped back the past he got sacked, and I think that played a big role in the game. I don't think he was ever really comfortable. I don't think his eyes and feet masked where they needed to go, and he talked openly about that. So I'm going to take him at his word and if that's the case, then expecting much better. Joe Burrow on.
Speaker 3: Sunday, Well, he was throwing deep in camp, right.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 24: There wasn't as much of the level one, let it rip across the middle type throws. It was a lot of over the top or he would still get fifty fifty five yards on the ball, but not a ton of where you have to set your foot and just drive it off and fit into a small window. So they still want to see I still want to see a little bit of that. But he's checked so many boxes and physically he looks much stronger visibly, he's moving better, So I do think it's just a case of getting a little bit more comfortable with his last game experience being an injury.
Speaker 7: All right, Sam Hubbard says with Kansas City, everybody practice has a different look in their either up for this, what's your call in the game?
Speaker 24: Well, they have to be up for it because they lost one of the worst teams in football. So when you go and won against the Patriots and now you have the best team at football in their building, be ready to go, because if not, you're staring at going to again. I just I think there are ways that you can walk away with positives from this game, even if you don't win it. It's gonna be hard to go win an aarrawhead. I think this is the best Chiefs version of themselves in the last three years, and they've won back to back Super Bowl, So this is a good Kansas City team. They start historically a little bit better than the Cincinnati Bengals, so it's gonna take the Bengals best. But even at that, with probably no t Higgins, Jamar still getting back into the swing of things, it's still an uphill battle on Sunday.
Speaker 7: All right, all the time, we have Tony Pike call, thank you for yours and we'll do it next week.
Speaker 6: Thanks buddy, Visit Ralph's American Grill and indulge in a tender mayflower Rabbi. Enjoy your full menu with our homemade burgers, stack sandwich.
Speaker 3: Him her values haven't changed. And they are eating cats in Springfield, Ohio. So they say, you know why Haites such a horrible place to live, all of the Haitians and now they're here.
Speaker 25: As a scientist, because it's surprising, all blinded knee.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's some very fine people on both sides. Science. Mike is with us for a science men, And how you doing? Brother?
Speaker 15: Welcome to the Haitian hairdresser.
Speaker 3: Community, job Lord of mercy. So what's up?
Speaker 15: Dick idea?
Speaker 3: Dick from Dayton should be at Huddles around noon. According to Dave from Dayton, okay, uh, we we should have a we you know it's been called it's been called a sausage party at Huddles when there are no women around. But it's a real it's a real big Dick party today and Dick from Dayton will come with his ukulele, and we're gonna have a glorious time. If you'd like to meet Dick from Dayton Press the flesh, so to speak.
Speaker 15: New Okay, let's get to it, and there you get a lot of commercials today we'll get We had a bent called a sash happened this time last year. And what's a sash? Scary Jeffy Esque. A sash is an oscillation of the surface of a landlocked body of water. And what happened was almost to the year of the day, and but it just got published in the art magazine Science by the seismologists. They had a they had in a in a Greenland fjord. They had a a collapse of a rock face or a glacier underneath, and it triggered at six hundred and fifty foot high mega tsunami in this fjord. And the tonnage of rock that collapses almost thirty three million qubic yards of rock into the end of the water because of the melting glacier underneath. And what it created was this mega tsunami that sloshed back and forth in this fjord in the water, and it.
Speaker 3: Created this seismic wave.
Speaker 15: They couldn't figure out what it was because it happened like the wave was like a ninety two second interval, and so when you know, like in a poll, just sloshed back and forth and kept it back and forth.
Speaker 3: It went on for nine days, and they.
Speaker 15: Finally figured out what caused it. And you know, and you know, when you see standard seismic waves like an earthquake, you see like all of a sudden, a big jolt and it kind of like oscillates down into small or smaller over time, maybe matter of like minutes.
Speaker 3: But this one, imagine a.
Speaker 15: Sine way if you saw this on their seismic graphs, that's going on for nine days and short like a ninety two second peak of trofa interval. And they finally figured out from satellite and things where this thing where this occurred at.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, something, you know, it's hard to be prepared for something that you don't expect or you don't know what's going to happen. But vacillation is the last thing you need during an oscillation, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 15: The other thing you don't want you on a cruise ship going by either about that?
Speaker 3: Time out? All right, Michael, thank you appreciate the time. As always, we will break. Rick Green is here in just a few moments. It's the battle for the victory, Bell.
Speaker 20: Cat.
Speaker 1: It's a rivalry that dates back to eighteen eighty eight.
Speaker 11: I can't believe what I just see.
Speaker 6: The football bear Cats and Miami RedHawks a soul Cats right. That'll annout for the one hundred twenty eighth timet tied. Bell Cat's the call live this morning at eleven on seven hundred WLW and seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 19: Mercedes benze Ford Mitchell dot com.
Speaker 3: Your forecast as follows, mostly sunny, ten degrees above normal, high of ninety same thing tomorrow and almost the same on Monday. No rain in sight, full less.
Speaker 14: So bad and time and.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Love Reunion of Souls there and let's go to Brother Rick Green for a little positivity via the word of God this morning. Good morning, Brother Green, how are you my friend?
Speaker 32: Good morning Gary Jeff. I'm doing awesome on this beautiful day. I literally just got down praying for you, your wife and your listeners.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Brother need it and Gary Jeff.
Speaker 32: We have no one today is from Acts twenty and twenty four. It says, however, I consider my life work nineteen to me. My only I'm I'm sorry, God, I messed up. Listen to Act twenty in twenty four. However, I consider my life work nothing to me. My only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has for me, the task of testifying the good news of God's grace.
Speaker 3: Amen, praise the Lord. As in the same way as God commanded farmntals to be fed for their work, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the Gospel. And so First Corinthians nine fourteen.
Speaker 32: Man, don't you love the word of God?
Speaker 3: Gary Well, with the word of man all around us all the time, and being inundated by it, it's important to remember what's really important and most.
Speaker 32: I've got a strong kield around me. I try my best to block so much of it out so much.
Speaker 3: Yep, well, brother, have a fantastic blessed weekend, and we'll see us soon. Okay, all right, you got it. And with that we turn our attention to Fred Summi, the President of Northern Kentucky Right to Life Tomorrow is the big celebration at receptions in Erlanger starting at one o'clock. The speaking begins at two pm and Fred any other last minute details that you'd like to pass along to people.
Speaker 22: Well, again, our speaker this year is Steve Moser with the Population Research Institute. We're having day walls with the Family Foundation, and Lexington gives a very short update on what's going on in Kentucky, and we're blessed again to have Northern Kentucky's pro life Congressman, Representative Tom Massey to give us an update of what's happening in Washington. But again, like every year, we start I said at two with the speaker, there's one to get early. We have refreshments, exhibits from about twenty other pro life roofs in the North or the greatest US in that area, tech us are only ten dollars. They're available at the door or there's no fee for students, and we have childcare services. So we want to encourage people to come, we promise you, and not only a very informative but a very inspiring speaker.
Speaker 3: And I understand my friend Merle is going to be there with some more friends from her neck of the woods. So hello to Merle and hello to everybody who's who really cares about life, who likes to celebrate life. This is a celebration of life as opposed to you go ahead.
Speaker 22: As in our culture of death today. We really need to come together and encourage each other, find out really what's more going on, to dispel all these myths, especially put out by the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: Now currently unbeknownst apparently to the ABC fact checkers on the debate the other night or Kamala Harris, there are nine states and Washington, d c. That currently have no resks restrictions on the murder of unborn babies at all. Seventh months, eight months, ninth month on the table will decide what we're going to do with the baby. Nine states have no restrictions whatsoever on abortion right now, and of course our nation's capital. How proud does that make us as Americans?
Speaker 22: And the odd thing is that their running mace, mister Walls, had a law in Massachusetts saying you had the render care you.
Speaker 3: Mean you mean in Minnesota in Minnesota.
Speaker 22: Minnesota, but he changed the laws and now you do not have to render any medical care to a child born there an abortion that was boxed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's amazing, all right. Well listen, Uh, that's the sad part. The good part is there's another way and again the Northern Kentucky Right to Life Celebration at receptions in Erlangers starting at one o'clock ten bucks to get in and hear these fantastic speakers and celebrate life with people who believe like you do. Thank you, Fred, appreciate the call as always, and have a fantastic event tomorrow. It's eight seventeen at seven hundred WLW. We're less than a.
Speaker 1: Week away from March.
Speaker 30: Skyline Hilly and Hawksworth's Blood Centers on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 7: Got a few minutes to spend with Bengals head coach Zach Taylor and we have a game one under the belt. It was kind of ugly. I guess the fourteen miss Tackles will touch on that quickly. These guys have probably been tackling people most of their lives. By the time they get to the pros in practice, What can you tell them about tackling that they don't already know?
Speaker 24: Now we work it all the time.
Speaker 5: You know, there's even if you're not taking people to ground, you're working there technique, your body position and so something we continue to emphasize.
Speaker 11: We've always emphasized it, and we've certainly got to be better moving forward.
Speaker 7: Sure, Joe Burrow was saying that pretty much took what the Patriots defense gave them. He said to have to check the tape and see if they were opportunities missed. How many opportunities were missed?
Speaker 11: Well, I think you know, anytime you lose tune of a battle two to nothing, you're gonna lose eighty five percent of games. That's just that's the way the league works, and especially in Week one when when there's a lot of unknowns there. So we got to do a much better job protecting the football and getting in the way, and we were getting our ourselves a lot more opportunities to win.
Speaker 7: How practice has been this week? What has been the attitude overall in practice?
Speaker 11: Something have to about we had a great Yeah, we had a great practice yesterday. I was excited about that. You know, it's Kansas City didn't take a whole lot to get up for them. You know, it's it's uh, this is why you do it. These are the atmospheres you want to play in. It's a great team with great coaches. We've had good battles with them in the past that have always come down at the last minute. And so yesterday was a great practice and we got two.
Speaker 23: More to go.
Speaker 11: And I'm encouraged by where our team's at from the mindset perspective right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah. O, Basually it's a team you know pretty well. Any wrinkles in Kansas City for twenty twenty four that might be different.
Speaker 11: No, I mean we feel good about our plan. You know, it's it is like playing a division team. We've played him so many times now, sometimes twice a year or so. I feel good about where we're at right now with our preparation, and you know, I feel like we'll have a good plan for our players and ready to go on Sunday.
Speaker 7: As we sit here now, I guess the t Higgins is considered unlikely to play. What about Logan Wilson.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I expect Logan. He just mispracticed yesterday. Just more of a covery day and who gets some work as the week goes.
Speaker 7: Carrieus, if you're a new fan of the new kickoff rules, I don't know that it's something the world was crying out for.
Speaker 3: What do you think of it?
Speaker 11: There was a lot of action there, you know, So we'll continue to see game my game, what changes, But you know it was a little bit more of the same as we went to the last one. So we'll continue to see if that of all the season goes well.
Speaker 7: Best of luck with Kansas City. We're talking again in a week exact, Taylor, Thank you, thank you. That's good calling all you see.
Speaker 35: Bearcat fans help save lives in our community by donating blood or platelets this September with Hawksworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati. All donors receive an exclusive bear Cats quarter zip sweatshirt. Hawksworth has seven locations across the greater Cincinnati area, making it convenient for you to donate and save lives. A few minutes of your day can mean a lifetime for someone in need. Schedule your donation today at Hawksworth dot org or call five one three four five one zero nine one zero.
Speaker 10: My skyline order has always been the same.
Speaker 1: Three cheese conies, no use.
Speaker 18: The latest weather forecast from news radio seven hundred.
Speaker 17: W l Well, it's certainly a warm one to kick off your Saturday temperatures only drop down to the mid to upper sixties during the overnight hours, and with a lot of sunshine making its way in, expect your afternoon high to be close to ninety. That's nearly ten degrees above average. Very similar conditions for your Sunday as well. Temperatures will be staying warm. From a severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 31: We've creeped up a little bit sixty eight degrees right now with sunshine at eight thirty six. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at nine on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW. Good Morning Kids, Time for gifts from Wally. As Joe Biden says, I'm not joking. A priest, a rabbi, and atheist walk into a bar. The bartender points to a sign that says no joke served here and ask them to leave. They head out the door without a word. The next day, a horse walks into a bar, same deal. Bartender points to the sign and with a long face, the horse leaves.
Speaker 3: The following day, at chicken walks in the bartender points to the sign and says, sorry, no jokes served here. The chicken is annoyed, says fine, but where can I get a drink? And the bartender says there's a bar across the road.
Speaker 29: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app de number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 3: Time to talk a little sports with our friend Mo Egar, and I'd like to I'd like to say we can call Mo a friend. It's been long enough. We haven't killed each other or had major disagreements. So yeah, my friend Moe Egger, Hey, Mo, what's up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You got another kind of football game you gotta do today? Huh? Where where are we coming from? With UC? Is this the the Victory Bell Game?
Speaker 23: Battle for the Victory Bell headed up to Oxford? A game that has a little bit more punched than usual because of the uncertainty surrounding the rival. The Bearcats and Red Hawks are not scheduled to play next year. I'm not scheduled to play past twenty twenty six. Miami is looking for its second consecutive win, which is huge, and the Bearcats coming off an absolute gut punch of a loss last week to Pittsburgh, so I think today is going to be very interesting.
Speaker 3: My friend Dave beck buck With from Dayton, who's a Miami says tell Mo in his segment that my Red Hawks are taking the last victory bill game today in Oxford over the bear cut loser buys the winners beer tabot huddles at a future meeting.
Speaker 23: He said, well, that sounds awesome. I hope Dick from Dayton's there because I hear he's going to be there today. I think this is going to be a really good game. You know, Miami's defense did a really good job in their first game against Northwestern. That's not a great Northwestern team, but I you know, I know from listening to Chuck Martin last week, they're expecting a really good crowd. And you know, let's be honest, this is a series that has been dominated a last sixteen to seventeen years by the Bearcats. You know, Miami broke uc sixteen game winning streak in the series last year. Ordinarily, we go into the game assuming the Bearcats are going to win. They're typically pretty big favorites. The point spread for this game opened at a point and a half now it has since moved up, But yeah, I think this is gonna be a challenge. Cincinnati's run defense has been very suspect. The meltdown last week against Pittsburgh. You have to wonder if there's any sort of hangover effect from that game. I think today is gonna be a really good game, and I'll take the wager. I'll buy the beer at huddles, but I don't think I'm gonna have to, because I do believe the Bearcats have the better team. I do think they're gonna win today, but I'm not gonna be stunned as I was last year if they don't well.
Speaker 3: Points spreads are often like political polls, you really don't know until they hold they hold the election. Yeah, I means the Bengals were favored by son and a half going into the game against the Patriots in Week one last week, and they lost by nearly that amount to a team that everyone had agreed before was definitely the lesser team, one of the worst teams in the NFL the year before, and the Bengals laid a big old egg. They cannot afford to not stop whatever running game Kansas City brings at them. Like they did last week, and like they did at the end of last year. You really miss some guy. You really miss a DJ Reader and people like that on this Bengals team, don't you?
Speaker 14: You do?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 23: For all the talk of Joe Burrow's issues last week, and he had a bunch of them, I think maybe the most sobering thing was how bad they were against Lemandre Stevenson and that Patriots running attack. Fourteen mis tackles, which last season would have been the highest misstackle total in any game the entire year. That cannot be the case. I think what's interesting about tomorrow is, you know, if you look at the Chiefs, when when this Mahomes thing started going, their offense was guys streaking down the field, him hitting them deep. And then it kind of changed a little bit and they they were beating teams with a short game and a lot of yards after the catch and a lot of Travis Kelsey, And now it feels like they had the best of both worlds.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 23: Xavier Worthy, who they draft this this past year, scores two touchdowns in Kansas City's first game, and it sort of feels like from a defensive perspective, take your poison, right, do you do you sell out to stop the run? Well, you don't do that. When Patrick Mahomes is the quarterback. Do you try to keep them from beating you up top because they can, or or do you say, look, try to beat this deep. We're gonna We're gonna stop you from dinking and duncanough to death. I'm getting a lot of yards after the catch. I think it's a really tough challenge for Lou and Arumo and and I think you know what, you and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago. The Bengals remade secondary is going to be tested. Jacooby Brissette last week was not the guy to test them. Got to test him? Is Patrick Mahomes and so is Are they up to the test on that side of the football. And then offensively, it's simple. If the passing game is going to look like it did last week, which was a bunch of short throws, you know, Joe consistently throwing the ball five yards from the line of scrimmage and in and the Bengals not getting any yards after the catch. That's not going to work. And so does he feel more comfortable throwing the ball downfield, and if the answer is no, if they're going to try the short passing game, then they get guys open to where they're not being tackled instantly after catching the ball. I'm really interested to see what adjustments the Bengals make offensively tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Why does it seem to happen at nauseum year after year, season after season. Moegger that well, perfect example exhibit A is what Joe Mixon did. Yeah, but the Bengals lose. You lose these players that they obviously might have had second thoughts about losing.
Speaker 23: Well, I don't know that that happens that frequently now. It did with Jesse Bates last year because he was terrific with the Atlanta Falcons. But there's not an extraordinarily long line of Bengals players who have left and gone on for smashing success.
Speaker 3: Corey Dillon but through his Corey Dillon, through his should him of pads up in into the audience and left, exited the stadium never to be a Bengal again, and won a Super Bowl the next year with the New England Patriots.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it was twenty one years ago.
Speaker 3: It's happened before. That's all I'm saying it's it's it's like days ago all over again.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it's it's it's find me a team in professional sports that has not lost a player to go on. You're right and that it happens. It happens with everybody. If you look at the last time the fifteen years, I mean, Von Bell is a perfect example. Hayden Hurst. God, he can't let Hayden Hurst go not very good. Can't let Von Bell go? Well, he comes crawling back. There haven't been that many instances. And look, Joe Mixon had a great game last week against the Houston Texans. I think he's a really good fit for what they do. The reality is Joe's production over the last couple of years. Number one I think made the Bengals triggered the pay cut the Bengals made him take last year, and then number two, from their standpoint, necessitated them moving on. If he goes and he plays well, that's fine. I think the bigger issue is does anybody care if Joe Mixon has a good game, if the Bengals played well last week? I don't think the answer is yes. So it's not about the player they lost, it's about the direction they chose to go in. And what made what made last week so troubling wasn't that Joe Mixon played well. It's that the Bengals played so poorly. It's said Joe Burrow looked like a show of himself. It's that they didn't want to throw the ball downfield. Of the first six carries the Bengals running back town, they gained thirteen yards, by the way, behind an offensive line that I thought actually played pretty well. So I'm sure Joe's gonna go have a good season in Houston, and if he does, we'll all cheer for him, as long as what they did to replace him works out. Last week it did not.
Speaker 3: They can make all the rule changes they want, but the NFL football, in general, contact football is a very violent sport. We saw two will go down again with another concussion. Christian McCaffrey may be placed on the IR for San Francisco. You can have dynamic kickoffs and you can put you enough bubble around a player that they look like the missionline man. The injuries are still going to occur. So, I mean, I don't know if all of these changes they made really made the game safer.
Speaker 14: Do you.
Speaker 12: I do, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 23: I think careers are longer. I know careers are longer than they used to be, so I mean that in itself would tell you. And look, modern medicine has something to do with that, modern training has something to do with that. But I mean, careers are longer than they used to be. So yeah, I'm led to believe the game is safer, but you know, cars are safer than they used to be. People still get hurt in car crashes. Yeah, at the end of the day, there's inherent risk that you're not going to be able to completely avoid. You know, the list of players I do a fantasy football segment with Dan Klaskins every week, and the list of players who were questionable or out for week one was staggering. So that's not going to go away. Also, teams are more careful with their players and should be. They're more careful with their players than they were, you know, even ten to fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, Mo, we got to move on, have fun, bring home a victory or bring your beer money to huddles to to party with day from Dayton. All right, definitely, you got it, all right, moegar with us on seven hundred WLW Christ date, chief buyers and football fans alike take as much as twelve thousand dollars off the sticker price of a brand Ay just ahead here after nine o'clock. So, uh, what do you think of the week? The debate, the fallout, and the incredible unfact fact checking by ABC News anchors. I've never seen anything like it, Gary Jeff, I really haven't.
Speaker 36: And middle of the road commentators are criticizing ABC for that. It's not just conservatives. That was an abomination, absolute abomination. There's so many things that they could have fact checked her on that they didn't. And you know what, but it's kind of like in your face, you know, here we go. We don't care what you think. We're doing this.
Speaker 3: The fact checks weren't facts, though in many cases they weren't. They weren't. It's just so blatant, and the fact checker's got it wrong and not Donald Trump, and and it's just and in the fact that he says, now there's no reason to do any more debates. I've won both of them. And you know, she's not saying she just had an interview, her second interview, uh so called with Philadelphia. I saw it.
Speaker 36: I saw it, and and the words sounds are all back. Well, sub she was asking no specific question by that anchor. It was a local anchor in Philadelphia. What are you going to do to bring down prices? She starts into the she must have this spiel about how she was miss middle class and how middle class like to have their lawns manicured and all that crap.
Speaker 3: And to the best of my knowledge, this local anchor of Jack I'm laughing like she does. It's she's hilarious. She's phony with a capital fuugh and and you know that also helps spell other words. Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 36: But anyway, what's on the show today, Well, we're going to be talking about the debate short show today again, Gary Jeff because of the UC game. We're gonna be talking to Alex Trant to feel you, the chair of the Ohio Republican Party. I'm gonna ask Alex t what he thought about the debate, what he thinks Trump ought to do in the closing weeks. Then we're going to talk to Janie Heisel of the epic times she was in the spin room.
Speaker 3: The debate nights. She's gonna tell us about that, all right, and this is the big news of the morning, Dick from Dayton. Yes that Dick is going to be live at Huddles today at noon with his ukulele. If you'd like to come out and shake hands with Dick, it's your opportunity. Okay, have a wonderful day. Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: My and service or sprinter at Mercedes Men's of Fort Mitchell. Should I see a cardiology did my heart's racing could be