Speaker 1: Si dot Com came out with what they consider to be their first and second team All Pro teams. This is not Etcheton Stone all right, This isn't the vote yet, but I thought it was interesting. How many Lions do you think offensively and defensively are All Pro worthy? This is different than the Pro Bowl, you know it. Pro Bowl is a third of the fan vote, a third of the player vote, a third of the coaches vote. We've already seen who is on the Pro Bowl. We know Jared Goff and aman Ros saying Brown. We know these guys are head of the Pro Bowl, Penny Soubell, so on and so forth. We know Kirby Joseph got screwed on that he's a second alternate. My question to you is who is an All Pro? That means there is one quarterback for first team offense. That means there are two running backs, one running back, one fullback. You take each position, you get the best at that position, first team, the second best, and then the third best. That's what you have. A first team, a second team, into third team, all right, and there's one for the NFC and AFC. Correct correct? So give me in your no. I'm sorry, no, it's that's combined. It's combined. There's only one. There's one quarterback. All Pro is one quarterback. Who's the best quarterback in twenty twenty four slash twenty five? How many Lions do you think are on this list objectively?
Speaker 2: Please? All right, that's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: I'll start with the obvious. Penny Swell will be on there. I would like to think Frank raganw is the top three center. Then after that you really got to be objective. I think Jamior Gibb should be on there. Leading the league in touchdowns, the production he had, I think he should be on there. I put him behind only Saquan m Golf wouldn't be because the other guys probably have gutier numbers.
Speaker 1: Well, well, hold on, hold on, hold on, guard your numbers, or are they're better quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Well, probably a little bit of both. I'm saying. The three guys that made the Pro Bowl I think will probably be the three that are going to be al Pro Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson. Yeah, and I would say they're all better quarterbacks as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh okay, yeah, all right, good, all right, So the objectivity is definitely there for you. Okay, Because I asked you yesterday, I said, give me the guys who you trust from a quarterback standpoint.
Speaker 2: You didn't mention Jared.
Speaker 3: Goff not at the top top.
Speaker 1: No. So when you say God to your numbers, it's almost like, well, I guess they're there only because they have gud to your numbers. Now they're better quarterbacks, and that's okay. He's I'll take him, man, I love him. But Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow are the elite quarterbacks in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair to say. And that's it's okay to say.
Speaker 3: All right, if there's only three spots, I picked those three, and there you had to be a fourth spot. Mahomes would probably get that before it. Jared Goffwood maybe so.
Speaker 1: I mean based on this year, maybe not, but you would take him before.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they would take talking about seasons pro team, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's right, and that's all we're doing. So you're right about that.
Speaker 1: Here here's the this is according to s I right, you're ready tell no. I want you to like buzz as soon as you tell me. As soon as I tell you who the first team is if you've got a problem with him, Okay, Josh Allen quarterback, Saquon Barkley running back, Kyle Yuschek full back, Not.
Speaker 2: That you care.
Speaker 1: Wide receivers Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, I'm on Ross Saint Brown love it.
Speaker 3: If he was going to make it, it would be at that three spot, and I think he's earned that.
Speaker 1: Well, No, they're just taking three wide receivers. It's not a it's not a spot. It's three wide receiver.
Speaker 3: I know. I'm just I'm to me. Chase and Jefferson are the two locks. And then if you had to pick a third, because there's there's three spots, I think Save Brown has earned that more than any other receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know in what order they chose them. I'm just giving you the three, that's all. I don't think they ranked them. But I tend to agree with you. Yeah for sure, tight end brock Bowers so no buzzes yet, right and right for you? So offensive line, I don't know how much you care about Dion Dawkins of Buffalo. Penny Sewell is there, and then that's it for Lions. I'm not going to you know, Creed Humphrey, Are you going to argue Creed Humphrey as a center?
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: With Kansas City pretty damn good though, and wasn't all Pro and twenty twenty two all right? Second team offense ready, Lamar Jackson, Derrick Henry Patrick, Ricard, three Ravens. Right in a row there, wide receiver, Ceed lamb A. J. Brown, Terry McLaurin, tight end, Trey McBride. That might make me as happy as anything because he had an unbelievable year. Right, My fear was, oh my god, Travis Kelsey please, Trey McBride was great. Frank Ragnow is the center?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 1: So that's it for offense, Second team offense for Lions Honorable mention or a third team Joe Burrow, Jamiir Gibbs, Michael Burton, former Lion, Kevin Zeitler offensive lineman. So you have three offensive linemen who are considered All Pro. Pretty damn good. Right, You've got a wide receiver, You've got a running back that's probably that's in line with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that tracks with what this Lions team has done this year, what they're built on, how they win games.
Speaker 1: That makes sense to me. I think it makes a lot of sense. I think it's very very objective. I think it makes a lot of sense. First team defense. Is there anybody on the Lions you think is worthy of first team defense consideration?
Speaker 3: Hutchinson would have been, you got hurt, so no.
Speaker 1: Right, Hutchinson. Actually I read something the other day. Hutchinson would, according to Pro Football Focus, would end the year with the highest defensive end rating in one of their key categories. Even though you know he's been out since Week six, Week seven, whatever it may be, you would be wrong. There is a player who is first team All Pro Defense according to SI dot com. The edge rushers are TJ. Watt Miles Garrett. Trey Hendrickson would have been pretty tough to break through on that, but the way Aiden Hutchinson was playing, he absolutely was tracking that way. Those at least two with t J. Watt and Miles Garrett. Those guys are Hall of famers.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: I think Trey Hendrickson is a hell of a player. He led the league last year in sacks and he is He's been unbelievable again this year. He's a hell of a player, man, he really is. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit. Chris Jones, Cameron Hayward. Inside guys, linebacker, Zach Bonn, Rocan Smith, cornerbacks, Patrick Sartan, Trent McDuffie, Derwin James, Xavier McKinney.
Speaker 2: At safety, Brian.
Speaker 1: Branch is who they put in there as an all pro. They write, Lions got it right when they moved Branch from slock corner to safety. He's pretty damn good as a slot corner. Last year, team's way of keeping the second year stand out on the field for nearly every defensive play, the versatile Branch recorded force one hundred and nine total tackles, eight tackles for loss.
Speaker 3: Isn't it funny how that word versatila is kind of tied to Brian Branch whenever you hear about him. Rightfully, so, I think, but that just sticks just because of the position move You think, yeah, he's able to move around on the field. He's able to play that position if you need him to slide back to the nickel.
Speaker 1: There's not many guys who go from corner to safety and have great success. Obviously, Ronnie Lott did it, Charles Woodson did it, Mel Blunt did it. In the past. I don't think Donnie Shell did it with those Pittsburgh teams. And I'm not comparing Brian Branch to those Hall of Fame players. I'm saying it. It takes a special talent. Those are two very different positions, and I think Brian Branch to make that seamless transition has been pretty It tells you how great of it.
Speaker 2: Like we always talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh it's I'm not saying Brown taken in the fourth round, the Brian Branch pick was one of the best picks Brad Holmes has ever made. Simply spectacular. Second team defense. Do you think there is any lion on the second team defense or or audible mention? I'll just group it all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Alie McNeil will be in there somewhere, and I think Kirby Joseph will be in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: Alie McNeil was not, but Kirby Joseph was. He was second team All Pro. So good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess right, it sure is.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean when you go to Pro Football Reference dot Com that you're going to have Pro Bowl next to their All Pro next to their name, because it's SI dot Com. But it does look national opinion, whether we like it or not, and I don't always like it.
Speaker 2: National opinion matters.
Speaker 1: And when you see people recognizing your team and how good they are or how could they've become, then I think there's something to be said for That. Doesn't mean they're always right, because a lot of these websites had Minnesota beating Detroit, so they were wrong there.
Speaker 3: Well, but also it's a basis to work off. You know, when these all pro selections do come out, you and I can look back on this article and see how close they got to getting it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and these are the people who are they're supposed to be able to do this stuff.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be able to recognize this