Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com forward Slash podcast. Tonight's guest was featured on last Monday Night show. It took so long to share all of his experiences, and he's had quite a few that we didn't have enough time to go over the questions I wanted to ask him, so I asked him if he'd be interested in coming back for a part to you where I could do a Q and A with him, and luckily he agreed to do that, so he's back to answer all of my questions. Of course, I'm talking about Brian. Brian, thanks so much for coming back.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no problem.
Speaker 2: That's really appreciated. And Brian, for anyone who missed last Monday Night show, please tell us about your experiences and kind of a fly over a cliff Notes version of those experiences.
Speaker 1: Well, it happened in December of two thousand and five, sometime after midnight, when I heard my dog acting strangely outside and since this is a cliff Notes version, the howling that I heard that caused him to act the way he was was something that I'd never heard before. In my first first episode with you, I commented how it sounded like a Renaissance, how like a dog was trapped in a barrel. So I wanted to go investigate. I like animals, and I thought maybe I could help this dog out if it was trapped. So I took a spotlight and forty five with me, just in case, you know, something was in case the dog was beyond help, something was wrong. I walked about three hundred yards or so to the north when I realized that the howling that I was hearing was not coming from the culvert that the towns were putting in. The town was putting in. It was coming from the woods back behind the old Mayor's house. So I looked at the forty five in my hand, and I went home and grabbed a bigger rifle, something with night vision at Gen one night vision, went back across the went down the hill. As I said, it was about three hundred, three hundred and fifty yards from the house, and went down the hill, across the road, acrossed the ditchline, walked back and as I was shining the spotlight. This thing started tearing and tearing through the woods right towards me. Had no idea. I couldn't see anything because the woods are still thick. And I dropped the spotlight and slammed the boat shut the spirearm I was using as an HK ninety one. The boats on the side the boat release and when I slammed that thing shut, there pretty stout and they make a lot of noise. Whatever was running at me that I didn't know what was running at me, it stopped when it heard that sound. I bent down and I picked up the spotlight and I started shining across the area where I thought I could see what was coming through the woods. And having hunted before and been outside many times at night over the years, I was looking about four feet off the ground. I swept from left to right, and it went far enough right that I knew, okay, what I was hearing wasn't there. So I started coming back to the left. I shined up. For some reason, I thought, okay, i'll look up the tree. You know, I didn't think it was a raccoon, but hey, i'll look I shine, and I shined up a little higher, and that's when I hit it. I hit this thing that had for the better, better way of putting it. They were red eyes, and I'm looking at something that shouldn't exist. I'm looking at this. At the time, I didn't know how else to put it. Now I know to call it a dog man. It's standing there. It's got its hands pushing down on this limb and I say, hands not pause, and it's looking at me. I could see it breathing. I could see its chest heaving. It's breathing out, and you can see the steam coming out of its mouth, and it's staring at me, and I'm staring at it. And it felt like it lasted forever, but in reality was probably maybe fifteen twenty seconds. And then it turned and ran, and it moved so fast. It ran, like I said, probably between thirty and forty yards flat ground through the woods, then uphill for another I don't know a bit, and to it hit the main road. I can hear the gravel that was loose that had been put in up there, just kind of jar as it hit it. I made my way home, spent the rest of the night trying to determine what it is I heard and had no idea I talked to you a little bit about how about a month later that there were tracks in the snow. We had a snowstorm and my neighbor I asked him to come over. He's a bit older than me. He'd never seen that. I had met and talked with the man from the ODNR who was a new guy out and I belonged to the local gun club. So he came out and did some talk there, and I got his card and I called that number. He happened to be in the next town over, and he came out and he took some pictures and he said he'd never seen anything like that. He had no idea what they could be from. They looked like a dog's paw, but elongated much longer. So after everybody left, I turned around and looked. While they were all standing there were looking at these tracks, and they were the ones that I initially saw, were standing like shoulder with the part in the snow by the house, by the skywalk going up to the house. And then as I looked, you could see these tracks and they were they were eight feet apart by pedal. It looked like it hopped in the snow like one here. And then hopped to the next one, and hopped to the next one till it hit the railroad tracks. So after the guys left, I went in the house and grabbed my rifle again and my son he wanted to go with me, and he used twelve at a time. He later became a marine, so I'm pretty proud of him. Anyway, we hoofed it down the railroad tracks, following this track or these tracks. Now. When it snows and trains pass over the snow, there's a build up of snow between the two sets of railroad tracks, but in the track itself, where the railroad ties are, the snow gets blown each side to the rail But I could see a track here, in a track there, because it was in the snow, in the gravel, or sometimes i'd catch it just as it stepped down the snow on the tie, and we walked for about a mile. I tracked it and then just lost it. And I don't know if it just popped off the tracks into the woods, that would be my best guess, but again, being able to hop so far, I didn't even know where to start looking. We went back home at the time the howling that we heard because my then wife at the time had stepped out on the back porch on the deck and she heard it. The best way to describe that howl at the time was the howl from the American War with in London when it's on the moors. It had that kind of renaissance sound. And now I found something that is almost identical, and that was the sound that was heard up in Canada. Somebody was outside their home. You see a car off to the right and there was woods and stuff to the front of them. And to my knowledge, i've checked back there a few times. No one's been able to identify this thing, and that's what it sounded like. So we've had other encounters. My youngest son about a year ago, he and I went fishing at the pond at the gun club, and usually I take whenever I go outside, I carry a gun. This time I didn't, and I had my back to the the field and they had a we have a windmill that goes down and it pumps the air in the bottom of the pond. He was standing over next to the dock and I had my back to the field, and next thing I know, he throws his fishing pole down and runs over to sprints over and screaming, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Did you see it? Did you hear? Well? I had heard this sound. It was just for a moment. It sounded guttural. But I really wasn't. I was trying not to catch the line. I was reeling in and I was fishing off the bottom. I really didn't want to catch the line that runs from the the windmill. Said. I said, no, buddy, I didn't see it. And his eyes were just huge, and it was a little pale. And he goes, Dad, it was so fast and it was so big. He goes, it was there, then it was there, then it was there, and he goes in just a second and he goes, it was like a giant dog. And he goes, it was like running, but not on all fours all the time. He said, like running bent over and it was just running and it was so fast. Well, he told me where it went in the There was an extra there's a quite a wide fence row. He goes, that's where it's superior at toward the corner there. So I went over and I told him to stay over there. I mean, it's what the gun clubs within walking distance. I think we drove the car up there because we had our fishing poles and stuff. And I told him just to stay over there, and I went to the corner and I got there. He told me that's where he saw it go in. And you know how when you look in and you see something for a moment, then it's gone. That's what this was like. It was there and then it was gone. I have no doubt that I actually saw this thing again. And when he came and I grilled him on this like an interrogation, because I asked him, you know how, what did you see? How did you see it? You know, really, what did it look like? You know, where was it that when you first saw it? What where did it move to when you saw it again? How where did it stop? And I went over there with him. I went over with him that multiple times in the story. Number changed. I live in the same town that we had our I had my first encounter, and I don't the first time that I saw it. As much a time as I loved being outdoors and spending time in the woods hiking and walking, I didn't camp after the first encounter. I didn't go camping overnight camping for six years. And we take hikes in the woods, but I never never, even when I'm walking and it's dark, I never go unarmed. Ever. It changes your perception of reality. It changes your perception on everything. And there's nothing else I can say, but it's it's something that shouldn't exist. And now all the stories you've been told growing up, there's no such thing as monsters. Well, I just saw one. I saw something that shouldn't exist, and you know, now what what else? What else could exist? So yeah, that's kind of my kind of my recap there. VIC.
Speaker 2: I think that whole idea, that whole question about what else is out there after you see a dog man. That's one of the questions that makes an experience like that so hard to deal with. Can you think of any other questions that have popped into your head as a result of all these experiences? That's even harder to deal with.
Speaker 1: You know. I had mentioned in the last in the first episode that I am dealing with a terminal diagnosis, and I'm okay with that, but I you know, I went to the not trying to lose track. I went to the dog Man's imposium, the first one. That's the first time I ever heard the word dog Man was in Defiance in twenty sixteen, met some wonderful people, and even before that, because we kind of touched on it with you know, burial and death. I was involved in an accident that should have killed me. There is no way I should have survived. It was, as you have, well put, a near death experience, and holding this in the back of my mind all this time, I often wondered if just perhaps perhaps these things or they can pick up on, you know, maybe death and having survived something I should not have, you know, having this near death experience, maybe that's what drew it to me. This is something that I've I've thought about many times, and it's I have no no way to go from there other than saying, perhaps, you know, that's something that maybe maybe possible. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Got to tell you, Brian, when it comes to NDEs and dogmen eyewitnesses, it seems like there's something to it. It really does. A lot of dogmen eyewitnesses have had NDEs, and what that connection is, I'm not going to pretend to know. That's anyone's guess, but yeah, it does seem like there's definitely some there there. It really does. When you were outside with your dog wolf the night of that eerie hal rang out. How do you respond?
Speaker 1: He was trying and he's a wolf malonw hybrid. He was a very big dog. He was on and he loved being outside. He loved being in the snow. That was just his thing. And that's what woke me up was he was snapping the end of his chain and when I went out, his hack was were up on the back of his you know, the hair on the back of his neck. His headed back all sticking up. He had his head down, his tail down. It wasn't between his leg, but it was down, and he was in a I don't want to say an aggressive stands, but pretty much. He didn't know what to think of this. He wasn't barking. He was pacing. He was pacing back and forth.
Speaker 2: He didn't frighten easily, did he.
Speaker 1: No, he did not. He did not frighten. He first time I'd ever seen him like that. We have coyotes, and you know, there have been bear in the area. I I caught pictures of a mountain lion that roamed through the area and I tracked it for about a month, maybe a little more so. It disappeared southeast of here. That's when I lost its track and it was out in the field. I had it on my flur and so I mean, these things were not uncommon. But he didn't frighten easily.
Speaker 2: I say, must not. You felt like your forty five was too small to get the job done after hearing that, how you said, But after you got out that h K ninety one, did you feel like it was big enough to actually pretend you? Or did he still feel undergun?
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't even have time to think about it. I don't know that, you know. I go back and think of that now, and having learned what I have from then until now, you know, having listened to other encounters, having read as many books as I have, you know, not knowing if it's a you know, is it a it is a UH and only a spiritual creature? No, because it was KRPOREO. I could see it breathing. I could see the steam coming out of its mouth. Can it be both? Perhaps? You know, I don't know that the HK would have done it, I would like to think so. I've heard stories of men shooting these things with shotguns thirty odd sixes and to no avail, nothing happens, They continue to move. So I don't I don't you know now, I don't don't believe it would have done anything. I don't think it would have been enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably wouldn't have been. What caliber is in h K ninety one.
Speaker 1: It's a three to zero eight seven point sixty two by five to one. That's the military designation. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, I really doubt it would have been enough.
Speaker 1: Then I don't think so.
Speaker 2: When you finally saw it standing there steering at you, do you remember if its ears were standing upright or pinned.
Speaker 1: No, they were upright. The only thing I could see was about from a chest up and I could see the hands and I do mean hands pushing down on this limb on this this pine tree at about seven feet. But I could see its head and it just like a giant dogs. I commented the last time that there was a TV show on the early eighties, and I was wrong. It's not Jack Lance, it's Chuck Conners that start in the show called Werewolf, and it it put me in the mind of that thing's head. That's the only thing I had to compare it to because you know, you know, back in the day. It was Lone Chainey that was the wolf man, and I never had and silver bowled, but it was it was different than silver bullied. Of course. Werewolf was about the closest thing I could compare it to. And I they're not supposed to exist anyway, now, these things aren't supposed to be real. But the ears were. The ears were sticking straight up like a like a like a German shepherds on the when they're ready to do whatever they're going to do, when they're alert, their ears are sticking up. And that's this thing was ears were sticking straight up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was fully focused on you. It stared at you for about twenty seconds. He has said. Did it ever display any kind of emotion on its face?
Speaker 1: You know when it when it was looking at me, I mean it was it was just I don't think emotion other than its eyes. Its teeth were bared, you know, had its mouth open a bit, of course, and they looked formidable. Just the feeling that I got as a stared at me was that it was it was evil and it was sizing me up. But it why I didn't do anything else other than turn and run. I have no idea. I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling from it, that's for sure. And when it stared at me, I all I could do was standard and stare back, trying to figure out exactly what it is I'm looking at and trying to understand how.
Speaker 2: Well I think I can answer that question. It didn't do anything else because it got what it wanted. They could clearly see a guy that's response out of you, that didn't more to find you, so it was happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I often thought that perhaps when we see these things and they don't attack, I often wondered if they fed off of fear. You know, I didn't have a chance to be afraid because it was too fast, you know, trying to determine what it is, you know, was it my adrenaline going oh yeah, But maybe that's what it feeds off of, you know, that heightened sense that you're in and you have this this this look of shock, because that's what it was, and basically shocked because you're seeing something that should not exist. And if I can get people to understand that these things are real, that's all I want. Just to be careful. These things do exist. And if you're going camping. That's great, that's fantastic. If you're hunting, if you're hiking, just be aware because of these things are real.
Speaker 2: They sure are. It's unfortunate though. After it left, he said that you went back home and told your wife. Did you have any misgivings about telling her or were you sure it was the right move.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell her right away. I just told her. She asked me if I had had seen anything, and I told her, I said, I'm not exactly sure what I saw. I went to bed and just I couldn't sleep. I thought about it. I did tell her the next day on what I saw, and her look was just this blank stare. Because she was born and raised in the city. She had never lived in the country, not something she did, no familiarity with some of the animals that we have out here, regardless, and it was just this blank, dumbfounded look. When I told her, oh, I'm sure it was yeah. You know, you're supposed to share things with those that are close to you. I didn't tell the kids, you know, they they all saw the tracks that Saturday in January. They saw that. I didn't tell them, you know that that of what happened that night, you know, in December. I didn't tell them that, but when they saw the tracks, I kind of had to kind of had to spill the beans on what I thought it was. Yeah, I really wasn't even sure. Other than to tell them look like a werewolf. I had no idea that it was, you know, this term dog man.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the kids have plenty of questions, and understandably so the morning went outside to let wolf out of your garage and found those prints. Did you ever look up onto the roof of your garage to see if it might have been up there as well?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: I did not look up on the roof. My I I'm just looking at these tracks. Bewildered would be probably the best term thinking. You know, I'm looking at tracks that are elongated dog prints every bit of six eight inches long, and you know, and they were it was, you know, when I was standing right next to the sidewalk, and then as it hopped through and then up on the railroad tracks. I never thought about the garage. You know, they had walked back and forth like they knew he was in the garage because of you know, we had some snow come in. They were you know, the meteorologists had predicted a foot of snow or more and blowing, and we didn't get that much, probably about six inches maybe, and there wasn't much. And a lot of the stuff that was around the house was thin because of bushes and stuff that I had planted and hedges. But the around the garage, the snow was all. That's what caught my attention at first, was the snow was all packed down from the whole side of the garage where the snow was, it was just all packed down and it shouldn't have been. And then when I took a step off the deck and started walking down the sidewalk and I saw the prints next to the sidewalk, That's what made me stop because I was just going to walk out. I was going to let him out. You know, he was in there at the Baylis Straw because they had predicted this big storm and heavy snow and heavy heavy wind gusts, and I just put him in there, and I put him in my loading shop and he was all hunkered down and fine. But you know, it took me. Took me an extra few minutes too, you know, as I'm looking at these tracks and then I went got him out, and I took him out so he could do his business, and I went and got my friend. Like I said, he was my neighbor, and he's he's an outdoorsman himself and a very good hunters. He's been around the he's been around a while, and he's had his own little you know, his hunting adventures, I should say. And he'd never seen anything like it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure he hadn't. No, No, it's not to say that it was up on that roof, but it's entirely possible because yeah, they're not above going up onto roofs or spending quite a bit of time up in trees. So, like I said, it's definitely a possibility.
Speaker 1: It could have been. I mean, I'm not gonna say no, because it very well could have been. I just didn't look.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's all right. Yeah, you can't be faulded for that. You didn't know when you and your neighbor walked the railroad tracks that day following the Prince. Did he seem to be spooked at the time or it seemed like he didn't realize the gravity of the situation you two were in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was me and my son that walked the tracks. I waited for my neighbor and the odn R guy to leave, and it was my son who wanted to go with me. So my son and I walked the tracks. Oh, he was twelve at the time. Yeah, he was twelve at the time, and he was just looking at the tracks. He had no idea what we were looking at, what we were following. And I had to tell him when we got back home, him and his sisters, and you know, tell him to you know, from now on, you know, there's not going outside anytime soon at night, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Definitely changes things when you have one of these things running around outside. Oh yeah, how old did say your oldest daughter was the day that she found that track?
Speaker 3: When let's see, she was probably seventeen anyway, sixteen seventeen right around there.
Speaker 2: How much did that freak her out.
Speaker 1: Somewhat? You know, she had a job, she worked a lot nights, and she'd drive home the side road. You know, when she got her card that she was always on the lookout for, you know, deer, especially because she seemed to be a deer magnet for a while. But she I mean, when I'm telling them what I see it's the same thing. And how do you how do you respond to something that shouldn't exist. You know, I've had people tell me that they'll believe it when they see it, and I've told him, I don't want you to see it. If you never believe me, that's fine, but I never want you to see it. My oldest daughter lives now next door to help out with things continue to slide for me, her and her husband and family. And this past spring she saw I had my I was on the deck talking with her and I had my back to the the fields and things, and she says, dad's something very big, twice the size of maybe three times the size of my dog Tony. She goes, they just topped in the brush back there, and she goes, it was big, and you saw the photographs I sent you, and she's she's very aware. She's very aware, and so are my grandkids. And I told them, you know, just no one goes anywhere alone. And you know, my son and grandson they that's funny because my son is a year younger than my grandson. So yeah, go figure that. They're like brothers. And they enjoy going down to the local creek and playing in the creek, fishing and just walking and it's like you guys, everybody stays together. You have X amount of time to be back. You have your phones on so I can call you, make sure the ringers on. If you see or hear anything that's doesn't sound familiar, get out, call me as you're leaving. There's no there is no hand zup robuts this is how it's done. So if she's been you know, when she at the time, when she was seventeen, it was more like most kids that are seventeen more questioning, like this is really what we're seeing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure she had all sorts of questions and she's awfully lucky to have such a great dad. A lot of parents I never would have told their kids exactly what it was they were dealing with. So in so many ways, you deserve a lot of credit, you really do. You didn't camp overnight for six years after all those experiences. When you finally did go back out though camping, could you enjoy yourself or were you so pure in a way that it just wasn't fun?
Speaker 1: You know, I hadn't seen as far as enjoying it. I tried to enjoy it as much as I could. You know, there was there was enjoyment there, But it's always in the back of your mind. There's not too many days that go by that I don't think about this thing. It's always in the back of your mind. And even when I went camping, I went armed. I was prepared, so if I did see or hear anything, I didn't. I've always been a very light sleeper, unfortunately, even today, my son said, it's a genetic thing that we have in our family. We can go long periods of time functioning at high levels with no sleep. So it's a gift and a curse because when you want to sleep, you can't. But going camping, it was the first The first time was a little less enjoyable. Each time was a little bit more enjoyable after that, but still it's always in the back of your mind. You have enough here that you carry with you that no matter where you're hiking, that if you need it, you've got it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, after having the experiences that you've had, Yeah, I'm sure it always is in the back of your mind anytime that you're out there doing that. Did you start camping again? More so to prove a point the point that you weren't going to be frightened out of the woods, kept from doing what you love to do, I eat camping. Or did you just go out because you wanted to enjoy the woods again the way you used to enjoy the woods before you have these experiences.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit of both. You know, my son and I, as he got older, he would take a walk in the woods just so he could talk to me, tell me about school, tell me about his future plans, tell me about his dreams. And I always went armed, always forty four bag or bigger each time. And having done that, I thought, you know, the more we went out weekly and I kept thinking, you know, I can't. I'm not going to live in fear. I'm not gonna And I didn't. I wasn't afraid, but it was something I was more concerned about the kids. And when he was you know, this was he was older. It's like, okay, well let's give it a try again. I think it was a senior year maybe that we decided to go back camping again. But yeah, no, I was prepared, and it was more more so so that I could keep enjoying what I loved because I said it was a little bit of both. Not going to live in fear. I'm not going to be you know, I'm going to be concerned. I'm going to be aware. But I've got to keep doing what I do.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's not lost on you. The most people wouldn't have ever been able to do that. So, yeah, that's a testament to your bravery, it really is. You're convinced that the dog man you saw was corporeal. If it was corporeal, do you think that would preclude the chance that there's a connection somehow between it and all those cemeteries in your area?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think it would preclude or occlude or I think that when I say corporeal, I could see it breathing. I know that. Linda Godfrey, when I spoke with her and some of the books I've read of hers, she spoke about a night watchman that on two occasions saw this thing digging in the cemetery. Could this be both? Could it be both partially? Could it be spiritual and real? Could it be coming from for better words? Could it be some kind of I don't want to come off sound and half crazy, but maybe interdimensional? You know, I don't know, I have no idea. The only thing I know is there are many cemeteries in this five mile radius from where I live. And I know that there was the five tribes Indians that lived here, and there's been in some of the roads and paths that are here, there have been now that was Indian Indian pass So I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's just one of those strange things about them. Another strange thing seems like there is some there there, like I said, between Indes and dog men, and it seems like there's something there between cemeteries and dog men. What that is. All we can do is guess. For some time now you've kicked around the idea of trying to bag a dog man. If you're actually able to successfully do that, what would you do with its corpse?
Speaker 1: Burn it, burn it, bury it. I'm not in it for, and I don't have to prove its existence to myself. I know they're real. It's not something I want, not something I want attention for. And I have come up with some a very good plan. I just have to be able to implement it. Night times aren't so good for me anymore. To find maybe, maybe find someone to kick around the idea with me, and other than I got my son and son in law, they'd go with me. But yeah, I just I want to do it, just to make this area safer. That's it I have. You know, if it if it's the same one that's hanging around or a different one that's hanging around her. As I said, we have great waterways and a lot of food. There's a lot of deer, a lot of populations of smaller game. But you know, maybe if I destroy one, maybe it'll maybe they'll figure out that this is a no go place. You know, let's not go there.
Speaker 2: I sure hope that thing is long gone and never comes back, so you never have to cross that bridge.
Speaker 1: That would be fine with me.
Speaker 2: Were you disgusted when your son had his own encounter with you at the gun club that day, or would you say that another adjective would be a better descriptor for how you felt.
Speaker 1: You know, I wasn't disgusted. I was afraid for him. You know. Maybe maybe it's you know, I said, it scented me. That's what I felt. That it why it showed up back at the house the first time, why I showed up at the house. And maybe since you know, he carries my DNA and perhaps my son, and I was there too. Maybe that's why. Because I was there, I just had my back to the to the field and I heard this. It was a just a guttural sound. It didn't last very long, but it was a guttural sound. I really wasn't paying attention, like I said, I was trying to realign without catching that underlying underwater line from the windmill. Until he comes running over and he sprinted over as quick as he could, and his eyes were you know, to say his biggest saucers is about the best way to describe it. But I was I was afraid for him.
Speaker 2: Oh I'll bet you were afraid. And the reason why I asked about you possibly be disgusted is kids at each of a lot of them their plate already as it is. If you add seeing something like a dog mean, on top of all what he was already going through, being a kid that young, that really does add to the load. So that's why I was asking about you possibly being disgusted by having that experience.
Speaker 1: He's had a lot on his plate, you know. As I started to get worse, I had to tell him about me, and he it's he and I have always been. It's always been he and I. It seems like we've always done just about everything together. When you know, teach as on how to play football or catch a baseball, taught him high ride dirt bikes, his bicycle, how to shoot, you know these things. It's always been him and I outside, hanging around, you know, taking walks, just like his older brother. He wants to be just like his older brother. He wants to follow in the same stuffs. And then when he sees this, he had this knowledge of me, which you know, there was a quiet there was over a year there. Over the past year, I want to say about every couple of weeks, he'd come running in and crying, just putting his head on me, just because of what's happening to me. And then he saw this thing. And I had told him before, why I didn't. You know, they wanted to play hide and go seek in the dark, out in the field, and I'm like, no, nope, not going to do it. My son and grandsons and granddaughters, they were all going to go do this, and I'm like, no, give your old grandpa break. Here. You play during the day. That's fine. Everybody sticks together. That's cool. Let's not go out there at night. It's just something that I'm not even gonna you know, it's different than it's different now, and him knowing that, and then I just told him myself, listen, I'm the monster killer. I'll keep you as safe as I possibly can't. You know, you'll be fine. I'll take care of you. And he has, he has taken that knowledge, knowing that he can trust me to protect him the very best that I can and he'll be okay. And that's helped.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good, that's really good. It did help. And he might or might not realize this, but that doesn't change the fact that he really did hit the lottery when they're handing out dads, because his dad really is amazing.
Speaker 1: He really is, well I don't know how amazing, But I sure do love my family. And you know that's my job. It's my job and my it's not just a job. It's something that I love doing and to protect what is what has been given to me and I will to my dying with I will protect my family.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I don't doubt that whatsoever. Don't doubt that at all. And that's just one of the many things that makes it such a good man.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome. Did you notice any profound changes in his behavior after he had that sighting that were directly connected to that sighting?
Speaker 1: A few? You know, he was definitely more hesitant to once it started getting once the sun was going down more, and once the once it was past dusk, between dusk that twilight time, he was less likely to go outside and play around. You know, if if they were my daughter and son in law, the family was out and that we have a fire pit not too far from the house, if they were all down there together, he'd go out sit with them. That was different. But he was not. He was not going to go down there by himself. Not going to happen. There has been times even that you know, he is, come and get me, he says, Dad, I just uh, you want to We have a I live in a barnaminium. It's rather big, big rooms far apart. He come and get me. Hey, Dad, I need to walk out to the kitchen. You want to come with me? He said? I just don't. I just don't. I just feel like something might be watching me. You want to walk out there with me? He's never been afraid, but he would like yeah, Well, I said, sure, I'll walk out through it with you, you know, because the lights are all off and you locked the back door. Yes, I have a not only locked, it's also barred. There is a yah. It's the uh those planks you put in front of the door that keep anything from coming in. There's three different locks on that door. Can't walk in.
Speaker 2: Well, I said it before and I'll say it again. What a great dad. So many dads wouldn't do anything close to what you're doing to help comfort him. So, like I said, off, impressive. How about your fiance. You told us about her sighting, But how well did she handle it?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, it is something that's on her state of mind as well, when, like I said, when you see this, it's something that you can't help but think about. It's always in the back of your mind. It took her several days basically just to calm down honestly, and not calm down is not the right word, but to get to the point to where her thinking rationally was like you know, she came to terms with what she saw because again she was in this this belief she goes, I always believe you when we talked about it. She goes, it's different when you have your own encounter, when you see this thing for yourself, it's different. And she went out, you know she's heard it. She heard a growl one night. She went out, I have a basset hound that I gave to my son, and it's red. It very, you know, just it looks like a sawed off bloodhound. And that's what she laughs about. Calls it a little sawed off, calls her a little sawed off bloodhound because that's what she looks like. And it was after it was before the time changed back, so it was dark early. I ate a clockish. She walked outside with the dog and next thing I know, she comes running up the stairs with a dog in through the door. I said, what wrong? She goes, listen, She goes, we were outside. She goes, I was letting the dog do its business. And she goes, there was this sound, and she goes for better, for the better way of putting it, It sounded like a jake breake on a truck. And she said it was not a truck. She goes, it grew in intensity, but she goes, it was like surround sound. She goes, there's something out there, and she goes the dog ran was pulling her to get up the stairs. You know, she's a little bit of a coward. And as I said, being a basset hound, her tail was just about touching her nose. That's off bar. She had it tucked under her body and she was trying to get up and get in the house as quickly as possible. This dog was terrified. And when she goes out now she has to go out at night. She carries a No. Three fifty seven. When she came up and told me this, I happened to have a magazine fed shotgun and I put those dragon breath rounds that you've seen in john Wick for the dragon's breath and buckshot in a drum magazine and I told her, grabbed the spotlight and I said, let's go. Let's walk out and find out what's there and probably see. I went back the next day with my laser rangefinder. Turned out to be one hundred and about one hundred and sixty yards. She saw eyeshine about seven and a half feet off the ground and I caught just a glimpse, just a glimpse. It was by a tree, just a glimpse and she saw it before I saw it, before she could tell me what she was looking at. And then it was gone, just there for a moment. The eyeshine was, she said, about a and inches apart, So it was sizable. It wasn't something small like a cat or a raccoon up in a tree. This was something sizable. Didn't see anything else. But now when she goes outside after dark, she's got that most three fifty seven magnum with her.
Speaker 2: It really is a shame that she has to worry about all this. It really is, like I said before, life is difficult enough as it is. I mean, you had all this on top of everything else you have to worry about in line on a day to day basis. It just isn't right. It shouldn't be that way. That's horrible. If you've had a Dogman encounter, I would like to speak with me about it, whether I'm private or on the show. Please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. Did you almost feel guilty in a way for your loved ones having their own encounters? Since it would seem we don't know that it is, but it would seem that there encounters are connected somehow, to you having yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I I've thought about that, and yeah I have. What can I have done differently? You know, this is this connected to me. All I can do is tell them, hey, listen, I'm sorry this happened to you, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. And now I have to prepare you for what comes next. You know, this is what you have to do. You know, this is what you have to realize. The monsters that we are told aren't real, well in this instance they are, and it opens up the doors to other possibilities of things that aren't supposed to exist. So it's like knowing that you prepare them the best you can. Let's go out target shooting. This is what you grab. This is what you get if something happens and I'm not here, you know, when that time comes where I'm no longer here, you know, these are the things you need to do, and these are the precautions you need to take. Here's phone numbers of people that you can call that I trust, you know, there's not that many. I have this very small, small circle, Like I said, my son all lives next door and he's a bushcrafter and an excellent huntsman, and I said, call him first, then we'll go from there. I said, he has his own list as well of people that he can call that he trusts, and I have enough armament to take care of all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always good to have a really good circle of friends and you can count on like that when things go sideways. But unfortunately, you told us about the people that you shared your experience with who told you that they'll believe this when they see it. With that in mind, does it frustrate you when those people told you that or was a water off of a duck's back.
Speaker 1: At first, it frustrated me because I've never been a person to lie. That's not who I am. But then I thought about it, and I realized that if you would have told me the same thing all these years ago, you know, if you would have told me the day before that these things are real, I would have just laughed and said, yeah right, and I would have said the same thing, I'll believe it when I see it. Well, I did see it, and I do believe it. And as I said in the past, you know, if that's what it takes for you to believe, I hope you never believe. I hope it's something you never see. I just want to make you aware that way, if you hear something when you're out camping, or unless you went on a night hype or less, you're just out late playing golf and you're just getting off the course as the sun's going down, and you hear something that you don't think you've ever heard before, that the story may help you find the answer that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: You're a good man for feeling that way, because most people wouldn't feel that way. They would give anything for these doubters to have their own experiences so they could almost in a way rev it in. So, like I said, good man, you're not just a dog me and eye witness, Brian, you investigate them too. And with that in mind, what would you say has been the hardest lesson I've learned while you've been out on a field investigation.
Speaker 1: Just when you think that you you know, I've I have mapped out locations of sightings longitude and latitude, longitude and latitude, and then you know, penning these sights out and then going to see for myself, you know, knowing that these things, these things move very quickly, and they're not always in the spot you hope that they would be. You know, I spoke to you and told you about how fast they move. We've heard other stories, and I've read stories from other people and their experiences where they said it's kept pace with a car at fifty miles an hour. Kept pace with a car fifty miles an hour, it could have ran faster. I can tell you is when you break that down, that's twenty four point four yards per second. So even when I'm out in the field looking for these things, you get a little you're on edge. You know, you're hoping you see one. At the same time, you're hoping that you're prepared when you do, because for the average person to react like someone's in a car accident, the facet that they react is a second and a half. This thing's closer than twenty yards. I'm dead before I could even react. So I'm hoping that when I'm out there looking for these things, that I at least have a little bit of a chance and maybe I can see it a little further away than twenty four to twenty five yards. You know, it gives me a chance to set up and be ready and say are here a puppy?
Speaker 2: What you just touch that brings to mind something I keep pointing to and I shout to the heavens about there are so many people who take firearms out into the woods with them looking for these guys. And maybe they're heading into the woods doing something else, not actually looking for a dog man, but they've got this idea that by having a firearm they're protected. Like you said, I mean, think about how far they can go in the amount of time that it takes you to just respond. If that's the case, which it is, it doesn't matter what kind of a firearm you have on you. They can dispatch you at will before you could ever draw down on them. So I don't care how powerful if a firearm you have on you, If they want to really take you out, they can do so. Will you can't stop them?
Speaker 1: No, No, The only thing you can do is is the area around here is where I've had my own encounters and seen them more than once. As I have a couple of areas that I can actually have a natural funnel with a stone ridge behind me, and I have a couple of ideas want to draw them in. One is I've had people say they respond to dog whistle high pitch. The other one is infrasound, which I have an infrasound generator, and I can broadcast on a wireless a wireless speaker or wired it. Either way I decide, it's up to me. But then set up. My goal was to set up strobes, high intensity strobes at thirty five yards that had trip wires set at eight inches, three feet and six feet, so that way, you know, if I can draw them into this funnel. You know, if they hear this and they want to come that they'll trifty strobes. First, I have a flamethrower, a fifty BMG and a couple five hundred smiths. Nothing likes to be burnt, Nothing likes fire, and I can set this thing on fire and take the rest from there. That's if I can draw it in. That was my plan. Other than that, if you're just out looking for these things and you're hiking along, you're right, you don't have a chance. You don't have that opportunity having a couple of people with you. I sure wouldn't go alone. That would be helpful because someone else may hear something you don't. Someone else may see something that you don't. Someone else might be smart enough to say, hey, listen, the woods are now deadly quiet. Let's get out of here. And that's probably good too, because when the woods go quiet, there's no noise, there's no birds, there's no crickets, there's no nothing. You're not the biggest predator in the woods anymore. So, not only is your adrenaline running, it's you have a tendency to get something called tunnel vision when that happens, and a lot of times it's better off to pull out and go again another day. There's always another day.
Speaker 2: That's really good advice, Yes there is. Now. I'm not trying to judge you with this next question. I'm just trying to pick your brain here to get a good feel where you're coming from on this. Randomly seeing a dog man is one thing, But how much thought have you put into the fallout that would resolve if things happen to go sideways on one of these investigations you go.
Speaker 1: On, Yeah, you know, I've thought about that. I thought about that many times. You know, I can only I can only live by example. You know, when you when you fear, when you're afraid, is when you have to have the most courage to do things even when you're afraid. That's the testament I lead back to my family. You might be afraid, but you've got to you've got to push past that fear and if it gets me, so be it. You know, so that your dad was out there doing something that I believe to be the right thing to do, and you know, you guys may be able to take it to the next level. And if not, that's okay. Just don't let fear of your life. And that's you know, when you are the most afraid, that's when you have to let courage prevail. And that's what I would tell my family.
Speaker 2: Well, that's admirable. It'd be one thing if you're out there trying to look for dog men for trivial reasons. But you're doing this because he said, you want to protect your family. You want to just remove the threat if that dogman is still around. I don't think you're going to be able to do that, and I wish you would stop trying to do that because of the possible harm, well because of the definite danger you're putting yourself in by trying to do that. But you're a grown man. You can obviously do what you want to do, and I mean, God help you if things do go sideways. I really hope they don't. But like I said, you're a grown man. You can do what you want to do. You've got your own priorities. I'm not anyone. I'm not in any place to judge you for that, So right, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. I appreciate your worrying about me. Pick you know, I I worry about myself half the time, doubt myself half the time too. Ah, you know, but you know, if we're if there is even a slim chance, a slim chance that I can stop this thing, just that there's if there's one, or if there's more than one, you know, especially if there's one, and maybe I can stop it and prevent others from coming, you know, when they find out that what they're looking for they're not going to find here, no, so to speak, Maybe I can, Maybe I can't, you know, And I said, I my my night times are becoming much more difficult. So how many more nighttime investigations I'll be able to do? Or even set up this trap the way I want to may not be something I even get the opportunity to do somebody else. If I can, you know, if I can speak to somebody else and that's something that they want to try, well that's it. Have to have the same reasons behind it as I do. Have to have the same, the same understanding that I do, not for, not for anything else, but to d get rid of it. That's it. Anything else is anything else is self serving. So to speak, no, no, no publicity, no, none of that stuff. Just kill it, burn it, bury it, be done with it.
Speaker 2: I know it's not lost on you that I don't think you can do this. I don't think you can actually kill a dog man like that. My whole standpoint is, gosh, I hate the idea. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. I hate the idea of you putting yourself in a position where it will wind up possibly killing you because you're out there trying to kill it in a situation where it's a no win situation for you. There's no way you will be able to successfully kill this thing. So that's why I'm so concerned about you. That's where I'm coming from. If there was any doubt whatsoever in your mind, where I was coming from, on this.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no doubt at all. And you know, I'm like I said, I have read many accounts. I have many many books on people's some people shooting it and taking direct fire. I don't know. I don't know that it can be code or not. I have no idea. I'm using weapons that should kill anything and then some. But again, will I be able to maybe I don't know. Maybe it'll know it, maybe you will know that I'm out to kill it. Maybe it won't show up good possibility, you know, like I said, A fifty BMG, Well they can go just buy anything on a planet. But I don't know why. And I said, if this is more of a spiritual or demonic type of creature than no, not at all. And it's very possible that's what these things are. I know the Indians have I have spoken of these things. As I said, I believe that they they may walk in and out of dimensions. I don't know. I have no idea. You know, there's so many theories of thought, theories of their existence, theories of what they are and where they come from. You know, everybody has their own theory, and I have read many of them, and I don't even know where to begin. And as I said, I don't know that I'll be able to get out and do too many more. I said, night times are a bit more difficult. They're a little harder for me to be able to go out anymore. My mind starts to slide a bit. So you know, yeah, I mean I'd be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we're praying for you, We really are.
Speaker 1: I know that I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're welcome, wouldn't have it any of the way. Well, I haven't said that, Brian. It's about time for us to get out of here. But before we do, do you have any closing comments you want to put out there for us.
Speaker 1: I would say that all those things you don't exist, that you don't think exist, give them at least the respect of the possibility that they exist. I can tell you with certainty, certainty that document exists. I can tell you that because I've seen it as anything else out there that could be real. Absolutely, especially when we have an understanding. You know, people don't spend as much time in the woods like they did, you know, one hundred and fifty years ago when they hunted for their food. So just be aware, just be aware of your surroundings, be aware of what might be out there when you hear the If you're out hiking and you hear the woods, go silent, backtrack and just be careful. That's all I can say. Be careful, don't be you know, don't stop doing what you love, but just be aware that these things. You know, I know that dog wodn't exist, and there's a possibility of a lot of other things existing. So just be aware.
Speaker 2: That's all really good advice, it really is. And Brian, I'm sure it's no secret that I hope you never see that dog mean again, I really hope you never do. But if you do wind up seeing it, I hope things go to your I really do.
Speaker 1: I hope I never see one. I'd be fine with never see any one again, and saying with my family, I would be happy if they never saw another one. I'd be okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would definitely be a good thing. But having said that, thanks again so much for your time, Thanks so much for coming back on to do this, Q and A. I really do appreciate it. Of course, I do wish you the best, and if you ever need my help for anything, please.
Speaker 1: Let me know all right. I well, thank you Vick oh you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thanks again so much, and have a great night.