Speaker 1: You know, this is an election that I think, frankly is is a folk in the road of destiny.
Speaker 2: You know, it really is.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's yeah, it's it's it's it's essential. So you know, it's like we need safe cities, secure borders, you know, sensible spending, I mean basic stuff, you know, and and we need to get rid of like the well yeah, but I mean it's it's like I always feel like it's bad to like attack Kumalo because it's just a puppet, you know. But it's just, you know, it's just a machine. It's just like this this big government machine and there's a puppet, and it's like it's no point being like attacking the puppet. It's just, you know, it's it's like it's like, you know, I made a joke that was sort of misconstrued that it was like, nobody even bothers to try to kill Comma. That's pointless. Why let's get another puppet. So everyone there's nobody even bothers, nobody's even nobody's even tried to kill Biden. It's like, doesn't that seem odd? They're trying to kill Trump twice exactly. I mean, listen, if somebody's already dead, what's the going to try to kill him? So, uh, you know, he's one putting four toes in the grave. I mean I saw weekend at Bernie's and honestly the corps had more life than Biden. Like actually, so, uh you know, who is he even running the country? Like, like like like who's in charge? It's confusing? Is you're Trump? Sure he will be, hopefully, but I just sort of wonder, like, clearly Biden is an accompassmntis so who is actually in charge the machine? I I think it's just it's just like the big government machine basically is what's in charge?
Speaker 2: It's but it's bizarre, you know.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, I mean obviously with with Trump, the great thing is that we have a real individual who is not beholden to anyone and that's what scares the machine and that's why the machine is trying to kill them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, wild times, man, wild times. Yeah. I Mean I've had quite a few friends called me and say, have you know, you should definitely improve your security. I'm like that's probably a good idea. Yeah, I'm like they're like they're definitely going to try to kill you. I'm like, uh, yeah, that's a good chance they might try to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly if they shoot, they better not miss, so I'll find out who was behind them, not just who the gunman was. So, but it is it is crazy to think that, uh, you know, we have a presidential candidate who that they've tried to kill twice in recent months, and they try to get them, you know, with lawfair six ways of Sunday to try to prevent people from actually voting in a democratic way. It's it's outrageous. Really, what are they you know, what are they afraid of? So yeah, I think it's it's kind of the truth. And I certainly in course people if people haven't seen the the conversation between uh jur Organ and Donald Trump, that was.
Speaker 2: That was super cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think for for a lot of people, it's like, you know, how do you know, how do you understand somebody like and what they're about? You know, Like the the sort of far left press has been going on and on about how like Trump is like Hitler, like Mussolini and Stalin combined and you rolled them all into one and he's somehow worse than all three of them combined. These are people who have killed tens of millions of people, and like, something's wrong with the press. Guys, you know something is wrong with the press. Your journalism is dead. Like what the heck is going on?
Speaker 2: It's bizarre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually exactly, it's like I mean, I do, I do, I do think like that, that that old school journalism. I call it the legacy media because it is kind of legacy media because it is it is from a time when in order to learn any news, you had to aggregate the news to some central publication and then then some editor would decide what people should hear, and then the would print the newspaper with like a lot of a lot of paper literally and then distribute that paper. And that's how you learn things. But you obviously don't need that anymore. You've got the Internet, so anyone can learn anything at any time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I X the future.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's it's where it's citizen journalism, where you hear from the people. It's by the people for the people. That's what it's all about. I think this is this this is a super super big deal and it's it's absolutely fundamental and transformative that the people actually get to decide UH the news and the and and what the narrative and what matters and and that the because the legacy UH media is basically controlled by a handful of editors in chief, that's it. They decide what's going to get published. That's why I really encourage everyone out there to to write stuff on the X platform and get other platforms too. But citizen journalism is the future, you know. And that's where you get to hear from actual experts in the field, people who are really who are experts in any given industry, and you get to hear the rebuttal. So if somebody says something that's that's wrong or requires more context, people can add that. You know, Exces has got community notes, which is great, you know, so take your community notes. I think is got a very good batting average. It's not perfect, but it's got a very good batting average. And I you know, many times I've gotten requests like can we get rid of this community note? I'm like, no, we cannot, not even a community note on myself. So with community notes, all the code is open source, all the data is open source, so you can recreate any given community notes independently, and that transparency is how you know that it's true and it's real and it's honest. So that's that's yeah, but I think we've got you know, besides, man, this this mic feedback is getting a little crazy, So maybe I should should I go further back or with a pard Well there's an X on the floor, I guess, I guess then that's where I should stand. Okay, yeah, all right, all right, yeah, So yeah, the landing of the rock ship was pretty cool. That was an amazing thing. So yeah, this this space X team is an incredible team. And it's wild that this giant two hundred fifty ton object went to space, came back and was caught by giant Magzilla arms. It's like, you know, it's super cool. That's the kind of thing that it's you know that I think is inspiring and exciting, and you know, there's a lot of potential. I think we can actually build a permanently occupied science base on the Moon, we can build a SETI on Mars, we can be a multiplanet species and out there among the stars. It's very exciting, you know. So I'm wearing this jacket that was given to me by the Space Force. You know, it's got Star Trek Enterprise on it. You know, it's like Staffiat Academy. We want to make Staffiat Academy real, you know, and go out there and visit other those star systems eventually and see if there are alien civilizations. Maybe they're alien civilizations that existed for millions of years and we just find the you know, the ruins of many long dead alien civilizations.
Speaker 2: I don't know, well they might be. It'd be very.
Speaker 1: Interesting to see, you know, because at least according to physics, the universe is thirteen point eight billion years old and Earth is about four and a half billion years old. So even if you just increment the time counter by a million years, you have to go three digits past decimal place.
Speaker 2: To go blip a million years.
Speaker 1: And the oldest writing that we've discovered in archaeology is only fifty five hundred years old. Only that's nothing. That's a million of Earth's existence. It was the first writing. And you really have to add it to the ancient Samerians, by the way, those they got a lot of firsts. Those ancient Samerians, they are really knocking out of the park, right, you know, we're just take clay tablets and everything. It's a thanks thankfully that would in c clay tablets. It was quite helpful. I mean they've even discovered like school work, like when they teach the kids cuniform on clay tablets and then there's the teacher correcting the cuniform in red ink. It's been going on for a while.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we are a mere.
Speaker 1: Fifty five hundred year old civilization, just a baby, really, but what a lot of potential. I think we you know, we can go out there, we can make life multi planetary, understand the universe, find out what's going on. Maybe the aliens will come visit us. Maybe maybe they are here right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so alien registration are so yeah. If people do ask me, like do I think aliens are amongst I'm like.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's illegal aliens, but a lot of those.
Speaker 1: But but I haven't seen any like sort of green aliens with antennas on the head or anything like that. And maybe they are, they're just very subtle, but I haven't seen them. So, but I think we want to be kind of we want to be the aliens exploring other galaxies, you know, and you know, I grew up watching Star Trek and Star Wars was the first movie that I ever saw in a theater, and it obviously affected me a lot. And we just want to have these sort of glorious, amazing I don't know, space future real, you know, and and have exciting, inspiring things that make you glad to wake up when you wake up the one you're glad to be life. They have to be these things, you know, life cannot Yeah, so yeah, so yeah, well I think we can so that you can travel to Mars roughly every two years, so every twenty six months, the planet's align and you can travel from Earth to Mars. And we're actually at a planetary alignment moment right now in the next few months, and so in roughly two years, there will be another planetary alignment, and that's when we intend to send the first starship rockets to Mars. Yeah, so that's I think we can probably send quite a few in two years. And then if those lands successfully and we do not increment the crater count in Mars creater count before and after he equals the same, then we can send.
Speaker 2: People in four years. Yeah, we will be illegal aliens on Mars.
Speaker 1: You know, I guess if there's any you know, if any any Martians, maybe they'll make Mars great again. Yeah, you know, Mars did have oceans a long time ago. It's it seems like, yeah, like when Mars is a lot hotter, it had what appears to be liquid oceans, And if you warmed Mars up, it'd have an ocean run about forty percent of the earth of Mars's surface, So Mars would be about have an ocean I think, almost like a mile deep on forty percent of the surface if you just warmed it up. So there's a ton of a massive amount of frozen ice on Mars. So yeah, it kind of make Mars great again because you can warm it up and it can be an Earth like planet. So I think that's actually very important for the long term, Uh, the longevity of consciousness is to be a multiplanet species. It's actually very important. So because there's always some chance that something could happen on Earth that's either you know, a man made disaster or a natural disaster like the you know, the media that killed the dinosaurs. I mean, there have been many mass extinction events in Earth's history, and there will be there will be mass extinction events. Yeah, there is the fact a mass extinction event of humans. Actually the birth rate is plummeting. So but the probable lifespan of civilization will be much greater if we are a multiplanet species than if we are single planet species. We don't want to be one of those lame one planet civilizations, is what I'm saying. You know, so we want to be a multiplanet civilization. And you know, just I'm not talking about like a lot of resources, like I don't know one percent.
Speaker 2: Of our resources.
Speaker 1: It seems like a wise moved to be a multiplanet species, and it kind of just ultimately you find out what's going on, like visit other star systems. And I think one day Mars may actually play a role similar to the role that America has played in saving the world. You know, America saved the world three times last century. That's a big deal, World War one, two, in the Cold War. So Earth would be very different if not for America saving the day three times last century.
Speaker 2: So yeah, amen, indeed, so so I think in the future.
Speaker 1: Mars used to call America the new World, and Mars would be the new New World. And I but actually, you know, planet, so I think I think one day Mars may save Earth, just as America saved the rest of the world.
Speaker 2: I think that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, as you can tell, I love space and rockets, in case that wasn't obvious. So let's see, we can go right into questions and.
Speaker 2: And just you sort of have it.
Speaker 1: So it's always good to have, like get the discussion.
Speaker 2: Going with people.
Speaker 1: So the lights are very bright in eyes, so I can hardly I can't see what's going on. It's two big lines. Okay, great, well let's see. How should we start? Okay, go ahead, okay, sure, Hi Elon.
Speaker 3: My name is Ashley and I'm from Lancaster County and I have a seven year old son named Daniel, and he made me promise that if I got to talk to you, I had to tell you that he thinks that the cyber truck is the coolest thing that has ever been invented.
Speaker 1: So he owes me one now for telling you that.
Speaker 3: But so my question centers around higher education. So I'm going to age myself a little bit. But twenty years ago, when I graduated high school, I made the decision not to go to college and just to enter in the workforce, and it worked really well for me, but I did get a lot of slack from it from people that thought that that was kind of crazy. And now I've seen, you know, the attitude toward higher education kind of changing and that not being the only model that we have. So my question's sort of twofold here. So when it comes to like my children, who you know, will eventually be needing to make that decision, you know, what decision or what what advice would you give in comparison to like a trade school, higher education or just entering the workforce. And from an employer standpoint point in you know, ten to fifteen years, what do you think employers are going to be looking for from this next generation that we'll be entering the workforce?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Well, I do think that probably.
Speaker 1: Too often people do do a university or college thing for four years and it's unnecessary, you know, it's and then they accrew a lot of debt and it's hard to pay off the debt, and they often don't learn skills that are very useful. So it's it's not you know, I think we should really reconsider whether going to college actually makes sense. I think it doesn't always, So you know what I think, and people also forget, like what's the point of of going to school in general? It's you're supposed to learn useful things, you know, It's you improve your understanding of the world and and learn skills that can help you contribute to your fallow human beings. But very often the university does the opposite. In fact, you know, it will propagandize kids and not teach them anything useful and just saddling with a lot of debt. So so I think, you know what, what what really matters is like, are you doing something useful to help your fellow human beings? Are you contributing more than you take? And if you are, that's a great thing. So now we are headed into a pretty wild future here with artificial intelligence and robotics. I think, especially if you if you look say like ten ten years from now more that we're gonna have the world is gonna look very different. I think that's it's like eighty percent likely to be good, you know, like the glass is eighty percent full, you know, and and most likely will have I think we'll probably have a situation which is universal high income, actually not universal basic income, but universal high income, and there will be no shortage of goods and services.
Speaker 2: That is what I think is most likely to occur.
Speaker 1: And we need to make sure that this AI is and these robots are on the side of humanity. You know, obviously, you know, James Cameron made a made a couple movies about that. You know, you gotta watch what your program these rob us to do. And you know, the example I've used a few times is you know, when when Google Gemini came out, Uh, people asked, well, which one's worst miss gender and Kaitlyn Jenner or global therm in nuclear war and said, well, mis genering Kaitlyn Jenner is worse. It's like we've got a problem with the AI. And and even Caitlyn Jenner said, yeah, you should definitely miss jener.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: So, you know, we.
Speaker 1: Don't want to have an AIS that concludes that the best way to avoid miss gendering is to execute all humans, therefore reducing the probability of misgendering to zero because there are no humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, that's the kind of crazy stuff that that could potentially happen that we want to avoid, which is why I think we want to have a maximum truth seeking AI it's got to be kind of kind of based in a good way and just be an honest and.
Speaker 2: Truthful and forthright.
Speaker 1: AI, that's the best path to safety for artificial intelligence.
Speaker 6: Hi, e Line, I'm Christine. I'm from Lancaster County. I want to extend a heartfelt welcome from all of us in Lancaster County.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for all that you do.
Speaker 6: My question, sir owns government and efficiency. What would be your plan to make government more efficient?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so, I think the first of all, in terms Ofer's ask, where would you start with government efficiency? It's and it's kind of like being in a room where the entire room is targets, and so you can shoot in any direction and not miss. It's like it's just impossible to miss because every direction is a target. So it's because it's a normous possibility. Now, we do have a fundamental issue, which is that that the government is spanning far much that far far more than it brings in. And the reality is that all all government spending is actually taxation. All government spending is taxation. Sometimes people think some of it is taxation and some of it's not, but it's all taxation because the part that is not covered by tax revenue becomes inflation. So you're either taxed directly or you're taxed by inflation. But you're but you're off for for sure taxed and and and so all gouvernm spending these taxations. So we have to reduce cover spending overall like this. This will be forced upon us in the future because already just the interest payments on the debt are twenty three percent of all federal tax revenue.
Speaker 2: Just the interest payments.
Speaker 1: The interest payments now exceed the defense popic budget, which is a trillion dollars a year.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So just the interest on the debt exceeds what we spend on the military, just the interest, and that is rising rapidly. So so it can't be like, you know, we'll we'll trim a little bit here and there. That's not going to work. They have to be quite radical reductions in costs. Yeah, and I think we just need to be you know, if you know of please Lord drop wins uh the you know, and and and the Duhamony government efficiency happens. We want we're gonna be very open and transparent and be very clear about this is what we're doing. Here are the issues. This is this is the math for what what's being spent and what you know, and and we're gonna make it. We're going to make the spending lower. And if if somebody's got a better idea for how to make the spending.
Speaker 2: Lower, we'll tell us.
Speaker 1: But but if we don't, we're going to bankrupt the country. And and so we've got to do something. And it's got to be like some pretty big moves. Yeah, I'd say, like drain drain the swamps. This is like a there's so many swamps. It's like, you know, this is so many swamps. There's yeah, yeah, I mean it's it's just nutty that like there was a massive increase in I R. S personnel and and and instead of adding people to the border prot role, like this is totally backwards. It's it's like like you can continue to remain a federal employee, but you have to go to goud the border. That's your new job.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's like, why are we spending money in applying resources to oppress the American people while rolling out a red carpet for illegal So it doesn't make any sense. So so yeah, it would have to be pretty big. I mean there's I actually have tried googling it, and I've asked all the AIS how many how many government agencies are there?
Speaker 2: And even the government doesn't know, okay, and the AIS don't know that.
Speaker 1: They're like, well, it's about four hundred and fifty, but maybe it's four hundred and twenty. I'm like four twenty, no kidding, that's that's a lot of agencies, just at the federal level. I mean, like if you sort of stand back and say, okay, just for a second, like let's say we're starting the country again, how many agencies do we need? Do we need more than ninety nine? Because that's ninety nine is a lot of agencies, you know, Like, that's that's a lot. You know. If you said, like, does any how many people even know at ninety nine agencies, I'd say practically no one knows nineteen nine knows the names of nineteen nine agencies, let alone the.
Speaker 2: Four hundred and twenty or whatever there are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we have to unwind the situation, and I think, well, I think we're going to do it, and it's going to unleash a new era of prosperity because people that don't even realize how much they're getting held back by millions of federal regulations.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: Oh and if it turns out that that that we accidentally got rid of a good regulation, we'll just put it back. Is that easy?
Speaker 2: Hey, elon, I'm Dan from Pennsylvania as well.
Speaker 7: I am a teacher, public school teacher, and I just bought a Tesla this year and it's been amazing for my one hour commute.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, thank you about that?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 7: Traditionally, yes, oh my gosh, it blows like when I go into the teacher parking lot and I just tried to summon today, like yeah, everybody's all hit the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah as wild. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Republicans need to get out the vote.
Speaker 7: And as the mail in balloting becomes more common, what can I tell my friend ends about the safety and security of mail in ballots this election and future elections? And then real quick, also, sure, my daughter is too.
Speaker 2: Her name is Isabella.
Speaker 7: She loves the planets and loves astronomy, is already and I want to know what I can, as a teacher do to help inspire her curiosity for the heavens and the stars.
Speaker 1: Sure, with respect to voting voting integrity, I think probably your best thing to do is to hand it in in person, but you can also mail it in and you can check to see whether your ballot has been received. So it is possible to check online or in person to see if your ballot has been received. But I would encourage people to vote early because what can happen is that, you know, November fifth comes around and there's like you've got something critical at work, or there's like a family emergency, or you know this, yeah, some mysterious cybersecurity event that you never know might happen. So you know, anything can crop up on November fifth, whether it's personal or some you know, there could be some other, some other issue.
Speaker 2: So it's it's it is best to vote early.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: It is very encouraging to see the early vote numbers because if you compare the early vote numbers this year to twenty twenty, there's about a I think the last numbers I saw, it's like a two to three hundred thousand vote different from twenty twenty. That's a huge that's a major because because I think it was like an eighty thousand vote threshold last time.
Speaker 2: So Biden won ish by.
Speaker 1: By by eighty thousand, eighty thousand votes, that was the number that was reported. And and but the interesting thing is that that the delta votes is now two one hundred I think maybe approaching two hundred and fifty or even three hundred thousand, better than twenty twenty, which is far in excess of the margin of twenty twenty. So Pennsylvania is trending in the right direction. It's very encouraging, but there's still a lot of work to do, and we don't want to be complacent. So definitely get everyone you know to vote. And as I mentioned earlier, people can actually go in person on Monday and Tuesday if they're concerned about putting anything in the mail, and they can actually get their ballot, Like even if they don't have their ballot, they can literally go to the county office get the ballot even though it's his absentee, and then they handed it even though you're not absent.
Speaker 2: It's weird, but it works.
Speaker 1: But it stops working on Wednesday, and then the next up turnity is November fifth, So it's kind of quirky, but that's that's those are the current rules. And then let's see with respect to your daughter.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think.
Speaker 1: In order to inspire, like, kids are inspired by real amazing imagery, Like they see something amazing. They see a rocket taking off, a rocket landing, or you know, robots walking around or like cool things like the stuff that you see in sci fi movies.
Speaker 2: And when they see stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, they're they're they're inspired automatically. They're inspired because it's because there are real advancements in technology. And that's uh, you know, that's that's that's what inspires kids because it's because it should. You Like, kids are like a great filter for for what's awesome. Like you can tell like if a little kid reacts like wow, that's amazing, and that's like that's real.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: So like kids love the cyberge truck and they love rockets. You know that's because they have no filter. They just say what they immediately say what they think, you know. So, yeah, so it's great new rocket technology that allows us to like said, go there and be have a permanent science station on the moon. You're not just like it's great that we're into the moon yet fifty plus years ago, but we want to go to the Moon and actually have a science base, Like, we've got a science base in Antarctica, Well, we should have a science base on the Moon, and we should be building a city on Mars. And I actually think it's it's the long term future of civilization. I think could be decided by whether or not we build a self sustaining city on Mars. And if we do that, that is a city that would have millions of people, and it would be like, if anybody wants to go to Mars, that they could, and that would be an incredibly inspiring thing to to to aspire to go to Mars. You're like, wow, let's make that reel. Let's bring her to Mars.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's bring it to Mars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if she thinks like, wow, one day I could go to Mars, you know, and and and be one of the Martians, and that would be.
Speaker 2: Super awesome. I think.
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's well, the you go, it takes six months.
Speaker 2: Actually, when you go from Earth to Mars, you're just.
Speaker 1: You're just traveling across this this void of nothingness for hundreds of millions of miles until eventually you reach another planet. It's kind of incredible to think that that's even possible.
Speaker 2: But and how amazing would that be?
Speaker 1: You know, like wow, I think that we want to have a future where life is multiplanetary, where we're advancing rocket technology, and like I said, where Star Trek Starfleet Academy is real, and that's what it will inspire your daughter.
Speaker 9: Thank you all right, Hi Elon, My name is Lauren from Pennsylvania. Thank you for being here, Thank you for everything you're doing, and congratulations with SpaceX. You and your whole team are absolutely brilliant. I have two specific questions for you. But I was curious because I looked all over on X today and I didn't see anybody who won the million dollar prize. Oh yes, that gave it out today.
Speaker 1: Well let's see. I'm well, we're all going to give it out tonight in fact, so let's to go ahead and do it. Yeah, okay, let's do it. Good timing, all right, Judy Kamara, Yeah, Judy has no idea. By the way, it's just learning now.
Speaker 3: So okay.
Speaker 2: With I think Judy's on our way here.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like I said, Judy had no learned when you learned? All right? Oh?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right. M I mean we're trying to trying to get attention for this very important petition to support the Constitution. And uh, it's uh, you know, it's it's like if if we you know, we need the rights to pre speech, we need the right to be our arms, otherwise there is no right to free speech. And yeah, and and it's you know, it's peoples. I wonder why why didn't why what's up with the million dollar prices? I'm like, well, we needed to get the legacy media to talk about it, and and I just knew that they would be like complaining like hell about it. That like for sure, complaining on every every newspaper, every TV station or complaining like like crazy.
Speaker 2: And that's just like great, that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Get the word out. Well it's welcome. Yes, Hi Caden and Kayley.
Speaker 2: Hi, all right.
Speaker 1: Oh so yeah, so we're gonna be giving out a million dollars every day, uh through November fifth. And and also all you have to do is sign the petition in support of the person and second Amendment.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't even have to vote. Be nice if you voted, but you don't have to. And that to support the basically sign something you already believe in. And uh, you got tested on a million dollars every day from now through the election.
Speaker 9: Yeah, congratulations, Judy. Let me know if you want to share two specific questions for Elon. One regarding your concern about the declining birth rate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 9: It is besides us as women having more and more children and since we're the only ones who can give birth.
Speaker 2: Yes, what would you do.
Speaker 1: You do need a womb? Is if a lot is to a woman is necessary? Otherwise you can't have kids currently it is necessary? Yes, what would be your solution?
Speaker 9: Would you be in favor of creating or supporting an IVF cyrocacy program to increase the birth rates? And my second question is about what would you recommend towards the first steps on improving our American educational system?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah, I mean in general, like I think we should really view the birth rate as like an extremely fundamental crisis.
Speaker 2: Like it's really shocking how low it is.
Speaker 1: You know, the birth rate in America, in the United States has been below replacement rate since I was born, roughly roughly around nineteen seventy one or so. That's since then, America has been below replacement rate, and pretty much every country, it seems as soon as they reach a certain level of prosperity, the birth rate drops below replacement. And then I started looking into, well, it has this happened before in history, and in fact it has. It's in basically every civilization in the past. It's maybe intuitive, but the more prosperous that a civilization becomes, the lower.
Speaker 2: The birth rate.
Speaker 1: So it's because you think, well, with prosperity, you'd have more resources than you'd have more kids. Actually know, the historical fact is that the longer that a civilization has been prosperous, the worst it's birthrate. God, and that this was an issue even in ancient Rome, like in fifty BC. There's like actually wherever we still have like the Roman laws that were written have passed laws to try to improve the birthrate of Roman citizens in fifty BC. So like, basically, this is a fundamental civilizational challenge that has been encountered many times before. It's not something that just you know, happened recently. It's it's it's occurred throughout the cycle of civilizations, and I don't I hope we can at least partly reverse it. And I think part of that is at least bringing it to conscious awareness because I meet many people who think that there are too many humans on Earth.
Speaker 2: But this is not true.
Speaker 1: There aren't enough humans on Earth. In fact, you can fit all the humans on Earth in the city of New York on one floor.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, or like if you if you fly across the country and you look down and say, if you if you're if you had to drop a ball in someone's head, would you succeed and you would not because the density of people is very low. There's there are actually very few people on Earth. It's only if you live in a very dense city environment that it seems that there are many people that that Earth is densely populated, But it is only densely populated in zero point one percent.
Speaker 2: Of the surface area.
Speaker 1: So I at least want to bring it to conscious awareness so people don't think that Earth is overpopulated when in fact Earth is underpopulated.
Speaker 2: That is the true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Obiligates is and I am not best friends to say the least, So I don't know he is. You know, I think this. You can arguably arguably say, like, look that maybe the real distinction is not right or left, but is someone an expansionist or an extinctionist, so.
Speaker 2: He has some issues. This is true.
Speaker 1: So but like if you say, like like any given civilization, it's it's not going to be exactly steady. So it's like they're any given civilization is either going to be growing or declining. And so you have to say you can kind of divide any person's actions into are they expansionist or extinctionist. And I mean, obviously I'm super expansionist oriented because I think that's a far more exciting future than going extinct. You know, sounds of yes when you say it like that. So yeah, So it's just but I still run into a lot of people who think Earth is overpopulated. So I'm like kind of hammering this point. We're not overpopulated, we're underpopulated. And you know, so so I'm in the paper of really, you know, we need to have babies by whatever means, whether it's ibfs, a legacy, whatever the case may be. You know, that can that can certainly help, and but we just can't go extinct, like with humans need to you know, I think humanity is great and we should have get bigger.
Speaker 2: You know, we want to expand.
Speaker 1: I think we should expand the scope and scale of consciousness so we can better understand the nature of the universe.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the foundation of my philosophy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make babies great again.
Speaker 2: Yes, So yeah, hopefully that was helpful.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm high.
Speaker 4: I'm Mary Wrestler and I live in Lancaster, PA. I'm a teacher here. I've been following you because of your work with World Literacy with X Prize as I was a participant in Barbara Bush X Prize with an app development called Literacy Speedway. But my passion is turning because since COVID, every day in the trenches in the classroom, I see the effects of mental health on our students. Not only students, but I've seen two of my brothers commit suicide. I've seen my own daughter who wasn't able to get a bed in a facility and had to wait months. I have seen what's happened to American families because of the mental health crisis and the lack of resources. Our mental health system in America is broken. And so even though I have a passion for World Literacy and always will, I also would like to ask you, because I know of your collaboration, your contacts contacts with the election with what the new administration can possibly do. What can you guys do to fix our broken mental health system in America?
Speaker 1: Sure well, I mean I'd be curious to hear your thoughts and suggestions. I mean, my my sort of observation is that we do we overprescribe medication and and and and that you know, like there's a lot a lot of regulation, uh, in fact too much regulation about getting any any given medication approved, but then after it's approved, there's no follow up to see, hey, did we make a mistake. And then you get to get things that are approved and they just go hog wild and uh, and it's causing a lot of damage. But there's there's not really a good revocation capability. So it doesn't make sense like there are good drugs that are not being approved and they are a bad drugs that have been approved.
Speaker 2: This is a broken system. We need to fix it.
Speaker 1: I think very often when when somebody has commit suicide or if they've essentially done, if there's something, if something as bad has happened, like what were they prescribed? That is an important thing. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Speaker 4: I do have thoughts on it. I feel like in the Brooke and mortar school in the educational setting, not only to the States, because I know it's it's education is stay dictated, even though there's national national common Core curriculum that there needs to be mental health services embedded into every school at this juncture. There also needs to be facilities in every state, not a six month wait to say psychiatrists as in Pennsylvania at times, or twelve months to get a bed in a mental facility. The asylums, unfortunately weren't the fixed years ago in America because they were horrible. But when they were taken away, authority went to the states, money was taken away, and now you have outpatient services and there's a lack of prescribers, there's a lack of counselors. There's a need for more and every day. Our prison system right now is housing half almost And I could give you the data to you know, they're not there because they're criminals. They're there because they have mental health issues and it needs fixed.
Speaker 1: Okay, are there any particular medications you think should be pulled from the market or added to the market.
Speaker 4: I believe that every child, when they're diagnosed with the mental health condition, should have There is a test for it. There's some kind of tongue tet that can dictate which medications will work and won't work for you. However, you have to ask as a parent for that test. And I can guarantee for my experience in this with parents working in the school district or just from friends and other associates. Most people aren't aware of it because it's not paid by for insurance and most Americans can't afford it. So when things aren't covered under your insurance, they're not given Like a doctor isn't going to prescribe that that is done. So you have to have the self awarence and knowledge to go and have that testing done, and most people, unfortunately just don't know it even exists.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, I think this is definitely and something we need to figure out figure out better. It's it is clearly, uh, I agree with you that this this this mental health issue, and I think what do we need to look at, like what what drugs actually work and and and and what other side effects and uh and some of them, I mean, yeah, I think I think some of them are are are pretty sketch. Frankly, that some of the drugs that are that are prescribed. I mean, some of the stories I've heard about some of the psych psychic psychiatric meds from people are are pretty bad. Like it's like the reason they weren't in this in some case, the reason they wanted to commit suicide is when they when they took the drugs, not when they didn't.
Speaker 2: Take the drugs.
Speaker 1: You know, people people do need to believe in something, so you know, I think I think that they're probably a nature of ahoorse a vacuum. So if if there is, you know, there's certainly a strong argument that the decline in religion has has led to people seeking a new religion, essentially a secular religion, so that is, you know, Orgalism is essentially a secular religion, but it's it's believed very fervently.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's a it's a strong strong argument for church.
Speaker 2: I agree. So, well that's true. All right, Well let's see so.
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, good evening. My name is Janell.
Speaker 10: It's nice to meet you. I wanted to actually first thank you and probably behalf on everyone here to thank you for creating the pack and the referral opportunity. I think everyone here is grateful I saw it as a way to support two amendments that I actually care about and don't want to see go away. And secondly, I saw it as a way that if I could refer my friend's family and everyone that I could go, I could earn some extra money. My husband and I are actually self funding our own fertility journey. I've got some unexplained infertility and so that money is going to actually pay our bill next month. And I've always wanted to become a mom and I have a dream to be a and I know one day it will happen. I'm drawn to your population concerns. I don't know if you've talked to President Trump, but I would love to know if you would consider pack or advocating a grant for fertility to make Americans like myself be able to afford it and have a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I'm super pro baby, so yes, yeah, absolutely, I'm super super super pro baby, so yes absolutely.
Speaker 11: Hey, Elon, my name is Furman Jones, and I just wanted to start out and say I really believe in you, and I know everybody in here believes in you for one reason or another, and I'm super thankful to even get to ask you a question. But anyways, I also believe in the Constitution, and I'll believe in the Bible, and that's what I'm gonna ask you about. Sure, the Bible says that nobody's perfect, and there's no perfect form of government on this earth because greed is inevitable. It's like Churchill says that democracy is the worst form of government except for all the other types. Right, But the one government that the Bible does say is perfect is the Kingdom of God. And Isaiah thirty three twenty two says the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our king, and the Lord is our our law maker.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I feel like so much of your worldview.
Speaker 11: Aligns with Biblical principles, and we need Christians to vote and see that greed, that communism is the greatest manifestation of evil and greed, and so yeah, that's my question. How do we get Christians to vote? And if you have time, what keeps you from leaving the Bible or being more vocal about it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it is interesting that actually I was told that a surprisingly small percentage of evangelicals, of people that are really strong believers, access It's quite a small percentage that votes, I thought, and I hope, yeah, well this is what I was told. Anyway, I saw I suddenly hope more more people, more Christians vote, That would be great, please do so yeah, I mean I so I was, uh, you know, uh brought.
Speaker 2: Up Christian and uh.
Speaker 1: I went to actually somewhat strangely, went to Sunday school. And also I was sent to a Hebrew preschool. You know, it's not I'm not Jewish, but I was. I don't know, it's just still I think it was in the neighborhood or something, you know. And so I was like hoping a gala one day, Jesus is all over the next. And I was like, great, So you know, uh, so you know, I certainly I'm I'm I believe in the like the teachings of Christ. I believe you know that He's like I believe in the Christian principles. Uh, you know, love thy neighbor. I believe in turn the other cheek, which is very important for it to have forgiveness, because if you don't have forgiveness, then you have an endless cycle of recribution, you know. Like you know, I used to think, like why would you turn the other cheek? That's ridiculous. Uh, you know, sponge them. But and I think you do need to actually be strong, like you can't be weak because if somebody's if you're facing sort of a predatory threat, uh, and that threat is stronger than you and that and then that threat doesn't believe in Christian values, then you.
Speaker 2: Will just get you know, executed. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But but at a certain point, once you are strong, once you are once you are strong, you should you should forgive the transgressions of others, you know. And this is obviously not something they believe in the Middle East, which is why there's this endless cycle of violent you know. So I really think that yeah.
Speaker 2: We should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should love let everyone when we should forgive, and we should we should be kind and gentle. So yeah, I believe I believe in what Jesus.
Speaker 2: I believe. I believe in what Jesus said.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Hello Elon Musk. My name is Grant and Agle my family. It's really really good to meet you. My first question was do you have an answer to life, the universe and everything?
Speaker 1: Well, the classic answer is forty two and four twenty is just ten forty twos.
Speaker 13: Interesting but my real question, yes, sorry, my real question would be what is the most useful, most powerful piece of advice you have ever received?
Speaker 2: The most useful piece of advice.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a tough one, huh. Yes, indeed, vote Republican. That's yeah, yeah, I mean this is this is maybe gonna sound like maybe like I like I believe in like like, well, if you study physics, if you if you study I just recommend studying physics. Uh uh, you know, and and and and the tools of physics of the sort of the thinking tools that it's it's it's not it's not just a bunch of it's What matters.
Speaker 2: Is not remembering a bunch of formulas.
Speaker 1: What matters is the thinking process that led to the discovery of those formulas. It's sort of critical thinking, first principles analysis, trying to understand what is true at the most fundamental level and then reasoning up from there and testing your conclusions against uh, the most fundamental truths in any given arena. This is how you can figure out whether something is more likely to be true or not. And I think it's it's good to think in terms of probabilities. So you receive information about a subject that should that should change the probability.
Speaker 2: Of your conclusion, but but not the certainty of your conclusion.
Speaker 1: Like so in physics teaches you that you should not be one hundred percent certain that about any given prediction. Now there's some things that are highly likely, but but physics teaches you you've got to you got to assign a probability to something being true, and then as you learn more information, your original conclusion may be wrong, and then you know you should then change your mind based on the new information.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can think of it intelligence kind of as just how good is.
Speaker 1: How how how I think that, Yeah, probably the right metric for intelligence is the ability to predict predict the future. If you can predict the future, well, then you're then you're you're you're as intelligent as you can predict the future. Well, because if something if somebody claims, well, this is thing, is this this person or or the AI is very intelligent, Like, well, what how good are are its predictions? And if it's predictions are not very good, it's not that smart. So that's that's.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think the key nature of intelligence and if you're trying to decide what to do in the future, it is. Really it just comes down to predicting the future, and to break the future you have to think critically about the past and constantly try to be less wrong. So maybe that would be maybe that would be right up there in terms of best advice aspire to be less wrong.
Speaker 2: Hi Elon.
Speaker 15: Yes, First off, thank you so much for having us here today. We always appreciate that we have somebody in your level of influence that can listen to do regular people and kind of get our voices heard. And it's also not every day that a person gets to meet their hero and ask them a question. So my main question is since COVID, the current administration has really put a struggle with small businesses, and especially here in PA, we've seen a large decline in both the foundation of small business and I've personally known several small businesses that have had to close due to increasing regulation, taxes, you name.
Speaker 2: It, acts.
Speaker 1: The burden of excess regulation is very severe and it crushes a lot of small companies and it makes big companies operate much less efficiently.
Speaker 15: So how do you think that we as small business owners and non small business owners can fight against this? And also what can you do as a former small business owner that you can kind of fight for us.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean to your point, I think a dramatic reduction in government spending and government overregulation like you call it, sort of America is getting sort of strangulation by overregulation will unleash in your era of prosperity. It just allow people to do useful and productive things and don't make it a two year permitting nightmare, which is often is, and then burden small businesses with taxes that make them go bankrupt.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's pretty straightforward.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it's kind of mind blowing that there are over four hundred federal agencies governing our lives. Most of them people have never heard of, but they do affect your life and unbalanced negatively. So we just need far fewer agencies and get the government off your back. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Hi, my name is Margaret from Lancaster. Thank you for your time, for the most valuable thing you can give to any organization. So thank you, Thank you, sir. So my question is my wife's a natural or at least US citizen. She's registered to vote. I banked my vote already. I was just wondering if you'd be willing to talk about. I mean, we did it the right way. We took years and money, and we got her naturalized the right way. If you'd be wanting to talk about your experience at all with immigration and also other than secure border, how you see fixing that system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, since your wife has gone through the.
Speaker 1: Process of becoming a citizen and getting green card, you've seen how absurdly slow and arduous it is. So I mean, I think that the general principle that makes sense is the same principle that you'd operate a professional sports team on or a company, which is like, who would you want on your team? And if somebody is going to be productive, like productive and honest and a net contributor, and that'd be a great addition to.
Speaker 2: The team, welcome aboard.
Speaker 1: It should be not a long process because they'll they'll they'll produce more than they consume. They'll make everyone, everyone's lives better. And so we have this bizarre situation which is like mind blowing that it is easier to get into this country as a murderer than as a nobel laureate.
Speaker 2: Literally that's not an exaggeration.
Speaker 1: But just like what you know, it's like, I mean, it's like if like if if you have the opportunity to say, have like, uh, you know, Lebron James or Steph Curry on your team, and you'd be like, yeah, that would make total sense. Our team's gonna win. They'll make the whole team better, you know.
Speaker 2: So we want to actually.
Speaker 1: We need to have things be what they should, which is that legal immigration of honest, hard working, talented people is quick and easy and coming into the country illegally is hard. That's how it should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Honestly, like, okay, I'd like kind of a crazy idea. This is what this one's going to hit the press, which is like, what if we gave legal immigration job to Chick fil a? They are so efficient, they make an amazing chicken sandwich. The chicken sandwiches are epic and they make a zillion of them and they just get it done. I think we should give the immigration job to Chick fil a. They were cross.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a headline.
Speaker 1: Hello mister mus but honestly be great. Hello mister Muscus, an honor to meet you.
Speaker 17: So my question is this, and I ask this as a first time voter. As we know, Trump did not and has not accepted the results of the twenty twenty election, one which has been called the most secure in the nation's history by the former president's owned Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 1: Similarly, similarly, I.
Speaker 17: Saw the violent disruption of the electoral vote count on the news during January sixth.
Speaker 1: So my and I asked this, as a first time voter.
Speaker 17: Who wants to discern the truth, Sure, what would you say to comfort the concerns of young voters like me who are worried that voting for a second Trump presidency will lead to democratic backsliding.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's a fair question. Honestly, the I think it is It is a fair question. I mean, the thing is that, yeah, like I want to very framed this correctly and obviously, anything I say that the legacy media is going to take a SoundBite out of what I say and miss and misconstrue what I'm saying, which is something they've done with President Trump many times. It is very important if you've if you've heard something bad about President Trump, listen to his whole speech. That's actually very important, you know, and uh, you know on January sixth, I mean his statements on that day he told people to back down. I mean he said he said, do not do violence, and then people were like saying, well, that's actually some sort of dog whistle about doing violence. I'm like, what are you supposed to say? You know, he did actually tell people to to not not be violent. He recommended that the National Guard be deployed. Nancy Pelosi said, no, I don't, So he didn't call for any violence exactly. And if you look at like, while it's obviously you know, I think it was you know, and like the level of disruption was was high, and I don't I don't applaud any any kind of damage to public property, of course that you know, but it's you know, the media tries to characterize January sixth as some some sort of violent insurrection, which.
Speaker 2: Is simply not the case. I mean, that is false.
Speaker 1: So you know, I would take I think probably what I think is the reasonable middle ground, which is I disagree with the level of protest, but it's isn't It wasn't no way of violent insurrection.
Speaker 2: You know that the so that.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a lot of guns for to be a violent insurrection, and uh and.
Speaker 2: And and they were.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of strange things from a vote in terms of voting irregularities that are hard to explain.
Speaker 5: So, uh, what what what?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I mean there were things that are statistically unlikely. Put that way, and and so it's not as though the Janerary six protesters had that their protests had no merit.
Speaker 2: They had some merit.
Speaker 1: I disagree with the magnitude of what they did, but I I but it's not as though there were no issues. There were actually there were issues. And we have this weird situation in America where it is almost impossible to prove fraud because if you've got no voter ID and mail in ballots, how do you how do you prove fraud? And you know, and and it does seem more than a little odd that we don't have vote I D and New York at say, states like California, which is the super majority Democrat, they've passed a law banning voter ID in any election whatsoever. Now, how is that supporting democracy? That's not supporting democracy? I mean, that's insane. Almost every country on Earth has voter ID requirements, but we don't. Why and why do the same people that demanded vaccine IDs for you to do anything are the same ones to say, no idea for voting thumon doesn't add up.
Speaker 2: It doesn't, it doesn't add.
Speaker 1: Up, you know, so I actually think, I mean, my my firm opinion is that those who say Trump is a threat to democracy are themselves the threat to democracy. Make some noise. Yeah, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 8: Conspiracy was theory and now it's the truth.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll see you at this point. At this point, we're running out of conspiracy theories because there's so many of them have come true, right that we need we actually need.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 1: Can someone please come up with some new conspiracies.
Speaker 8: Because government's here to help the governments.
Speaker 1: I mean, even the frogs might be real. You know, the frog situation might be real. I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know, the government we're here to help.
Speaker 2: Probably heard that, right, right?
Speaker 8: Well, elon, God bless you.
Speaker 2: It's very nice to meet you.
Speaker 8: My name is Andrew Morisky, Lancaster, PA.
Speaker 1: Native.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I'm a small business owner of a barbershop ten minutes down the street called Legacy Barbers.
Speaker 8: Love to cut your hair sometime if you will, thank you.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to.
Speaker 18: Ask you a question and also encourage you with these few words. Augustine, who was a theologian and a philosopher, said, you have made us for yourself, oh Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you. And Second Chronicle seven, verse fourteen says, if my people who were called by my name should humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land. So I want to encourage you with that, brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great woods, great Woods.
Speaker 18: Amen, Amen, and Elon, I'll tell you what I been watching you now for a while, hearing the stuff you say. We need more men like you in this country that do that are not afraid to stand up to the media legacy. Yeah, they're not afraid to stand up against people who think we're toxic masculinity.
Speaker 1: We need more men. Yeah. You know, I've got a great counterargument for toxic masculinity, which is, if masculinity is so toxic, how come the kids that are messed up don't have dads. Riddle me that, riddled me that.
Speaker 18: And something that you said earlier, and amen to that. Yeah, And I'm actually going to be a dad February.
Speaker 2: Congrestulations, I'm having a baby.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you, lord.
Speaker 18: But the tweet that you had not too long ago, it said, and no one is even trying to assassinate Biden or commanding, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because it's pointless.
Speaker 1: Nobody will bother assassinating a puppet.
Speaker 18: You know, when are people gonna start seeing that our country is not when they keep saying democracy, it's a constitutional republic. Would you please make sure if you don't mind, to keep reminding.
Speaker 8: People that we are a republic. We're free.
Speaker 18: We're free because of Christ Jesus, and we're free because of the men and women who died and shed blood for this country.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely yes, hey man Brallo, Yeah, yeah, you're right. I mean a lot of people died to make this country what it is today. A lot of people died, absolutely, man and man, people take it for granted, you know. So yeah, well America pack is kind of the Antisaurus pack. You know, something's got to be done about it. So it's like, uh, you know, I don't know what's up with that guy. But honestly, like putting das and like it's like it's like the jokers in charge, you know. Yeah, like electing das that don't prosecute crime is insane. It's like literally like Batman, Dark Knight. I'm like, you know, lock up the lock up the citizens, and free the criminals. It's insane, it's happening. Yeah, I mean, like what this is total madness.
Speaker 2: So we need to stop that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think America is great, but we want to be greater and we want to do awesome things. We want to do, and you want to you want to look forward to the future and be inspired and excited about the future.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what makes life with living no think. Yeah, all right, have you.
Speaker 8: Ever looked into the sport of arm wrestling?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm wrestling. Uh, I have looked at not not in depth, but I have looked into it and for for for a while there, I did like to actually read up on it and and actually various techniques for how to win at arm wrestling, which is like a lot of it is you know, get get your angles, yeah, get yeah, get your whole body into it and and and get your angles so you can actually like if you know the techniques and arm wrestling and somebody doesn't, you can actually uh win against somebody much bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, no, no, I mean I would challenge Biden, but that would be ridiculous.
Speaker 2: You know, that'd be so unfair.
Speaker 12: So you.
Speaker 2: Can use to what if you can use his two hands? Yeah, that'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make arm wrestling grant again.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, God bless.
Speaker 5: All right, Hiland, my name is Mollie. I just want to thank you for spending so much time in Pennsylvania. I think what you're doing is amazing and it's making a real impact, So God bless you, and I think you're a national treasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: My main concern is with the national debt, and I know you've talked a lot about reducing the spending side, but I was wondering what kind of Trump policies and industries you think will help grow the revenue side. And along those lines, do you have any plans to bring more Tesla manufacturing back to the US.
Speaker 1: Well, Tesla actually is a massive manufacturer in the US. In fact, the biggest factory that's been built in recent years is the Tesla factory in Texas, So.
Speaker 2: That's uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and then there's another big factory in Nevada, So there's gig Nevada, and uh Giga Texas and maybe someday Pennsylvania, so that that that would be that would be super cool. I'm a huge believer in manufacturing. I love manufacturing, like making things. I've spent a lot of time in the factory, walking the floor. I lived in the factory for a while, literally lived in the factory. Uh it was kind of like it's kind of like Vegas actually because I didn't even see the outside, but the lights were always on. But we had some tough times in Tesla. It's really difficult to make any kind of manufacturing company work. And uh, you know, yeah, Testa's actually also the biggest manufacturing employer in California still.
Speaker 2: But the state is not super grateful.
Speaker 1: So but but yeah, I'm I'm a big so. So we we do a ton of manufacturing in the US. Uh and we we we we keep investing and increasing our manufacturing activity in the US. And and SpaceX also is a massive manufacturer.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: SpaceX is the biggest manufacturer of rockets and satellites in the world.
Speaker 2: And uh, yeah, so and that's that's that's all in the US. So SpaceX manufacturing is all in the US.
Speaker 1: And uh and Tesla has massive amounts of manufacturing in the US, like giant factories.
Speaker 2: So I'm a big believer in manufacturing. So it's from I mean, I do think a.
Speaker 1: Reform of the tax code it would make sense because it's extremely complicated and there are too many loopholes.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm often pitched on these loopholes. That's how I know they exist.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, that sounds pretty shady. I don't think we should do that. We're like, well, lots of other people are getting away with it. Well, like yeah, but I still don't think we should it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I four is fourth. I'm the the largest individual taxpayer in history. So I paid ten billion dollars in tax. Over ten billion dollars in tax. We welcome. Like I sort of thought maybe the irs would, like, you know, send me like a little trophy or something, you know, yeah, like one of those like doesn't have to be expensive. It could be like, you know, one of those like like things you get for when kids win a karate competition, like little plastic gold trophy or something like that, or a cookie or something. But I don't get anything. It's like, you know, and uh, but I was happy to pay the taxes. I don't mind, you know, yeah, it's good week this week. Yeah, stock markets wild wild, sort of roller coaster, you know. I think Warren Buffet's got a good good a lot of good sayings actually, But what one of his sayings I believe is like, you know, having a public traded company is like having someone stand outside your house and yell house prices all day and it's still the same house, and you're like, why is this person yelling house prices at me all day long? And that's what it's like. Being in a publicly traded company is just they just yelled stock prices at you all day long, and it's like, well, it's actually still pretty much the same company as yesterday.
Speaker 2: So it's it's it's it's kind of weird being in a publicly traded situation.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I think we should we should simplify the tax code, get rid of a lot of exceptions and loopholes, and make it easy to fill out taxes. It shouldn't be this like extremely complicated thing. Yeah, but but overall I think that like if we if we have less federal spending, then there's less taxation, and so that's and we we we have to reduce federal spending. There's no way to make up for it other than than reducing the federal spending. And as I mentioned earlier, like a very important point that I think is important for people to understand is that all federal spending is taxation. Because what is not what they don't receive, what the federal company doesn't receive in direct revenue, they make up for in inflation. They just print money. So all federal spending is taxation. Very important principle. Almost no, very few people seem to time even like, you know, somebody's like spend their life in economics. I'll mention to them, hey, all spending, all federal spending is taxation. They're like, first they'll argue with me, and they're like, then they will agree it is because it is either direct tax revenue or it is inflation. All federal spending is taxation. So we must reduce federal spending or we will go bankrupt as a country.
Speaker 20: All right, Hey, Yvonne, I'm Chadwick from Westchester, Pennsylvania. I met you asked week I met you asked week it Harrisburg, And since then I've been prouder than ever to wear my maga hat around. You've really inspired me to wear it more and more. And since then, I've had my car slashed with a key. Really fine, Yeah, it's fine. Trump got hit with a bullet in the air, and look at him, he's doing good. So uh yeah, somebody chased me around with the shopping cart. Well, yeah, it happens. That's just that's a part of Westchester.
Speaker 1: It's well, honestly, I mean at this point, it's like flying the rebel flag man, you know. Yeah, it's really mag It's an adventure. Yeah. I've had some people get mad at me. Yeah, just like big time. I do have I do have a question this time though.
Speaker 8: I actually I met somebody on X.
Speaker 20: I do podcasting, and I met somebody on X directly through the platform. I would call him a friend. His name is Derek, and he has something called spina bifida. Yeah it is spina biffit a month right now, So spina biffit of Awareness Month. I wanted to put the aware to out there is that it's a spinal he's form with some spinal kind of like issues and he's never been able to walk and really never well well I guess not according from what I learned, and he's never he hasn't been able to walk like his whole his whole life. So my question is, like, for the disabled community and for people like him, will things like will things like neuralink help? And also what will the Trump administration be doing for people who are disabled to help them anything?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I think I think there actually are a lot of things that like medical devices and drugs that could be approved that are sort of stuck in regulatory molasses, like they're just you know, it's like trying to get anything new approved is like running in molasses with lead shoes.
Speaker 2: It's really slow.
Speaker 1: So, you know, a good friend of mine was telling me how his mom was diagnosed with brain cancer and not the doctor said like, well, that's that's pretty much this game over, you know, and then he talked to but he's very enterprising guy, so he didn't take that for an answer, and he asked every smart person he knew, is there anything that that could help cure brain cancer. Turns out there there's a drug called welly Rig that was in trials at Harvard, I believe, and.
Speaker 2: It cured his mom's brain cancer.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm like, well, like, how many wellie, rigs are there out there, maybe there's a whole bunch of them and and devices and everything, and we should you know, like I said earlier, it's like we need to expedite approval of drugs, make sure people, you know, that people are properly informed of the pros and the cons and then there also needs to be some after approval follow up to say like was something approved that shouldn't have been approved, or whether it needs to be additional warnings.
Speaker 2: It's pretty common.
Speaker 1: It's common sense, I think, you know, just but like when you're dealing with the government, like common sense, it doesn't make sense, like you know, common sense just bounces off the government like water off ducks back, you know. I mean, it's like arguing with the d m V. That's impossible. They did put the COVID vaccine quick. Yeah, that was weird and they made everyone take it, which is messed up. So I don't think people should be forced to ta vaccine unless that against their will.
Speaker 14: But hi, Elon, my name is Alex Gambell from Lebanon County. I first want to thank you sincerely for what you're doing. I think you're an American patriot. I really do I love America?
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I listen, I love America. And like sometimes people say, like, that's just jinguistic propaganda. I'm like, I don't care. I love the jinguistic propaganda. It's awesome. You know, It's like, God bless America. I've freakin it's it's it's amazing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I agree. Yeah with the recent news from Lancaster County discovering twenty five hundred potentially fraudulent other registration forms. What's your opinion or mail in ballots and if we should get rid of them in the future.
Speaker 1: I also, I also want to get rid of them in the future. I mean, like mail in ballots are a strange normally that got popularized during COVID, but but really, but like you have an obvious recipe for fraud and and and an inability to prove fraud if you've got no ID, no gooter ID, and you've got mail in ballots, like you can't even put your and even like like like like many years ago, a friend of mine was telling me how his his dad actually helped improve democracy in Mexico, and it was by organizing a whole bunch of citizens to just stand outside the falling stations of the voting stations with a counter, just to count the number of people that went in, because obviously if you have more votes than people, something's wrong. Yeah, And and it turned out they had a lot more votes than people. They're like, oh, this is a little strange. So anyway, that that but that that actually helped fix the situation in Mexico big time.
Speaker 10: Ye.
Speaker 1: But but but if you don't, if you've got mail in ballots, you can't count this, like you don't even know what's going on. I also wanted to uh ask you a favor. My my son is named Elon.
Speaker 2: Really we named them after you.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's three.
Speaker 14: You're an inspiration and I was hoping to get an all the graph from you to give to him when he's older.
Speaker 1: The further, I.
Speaker 2: Can't say no to that.
Speaker 1: I mean, from one Elon to another.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know I was actually I was named after my American great grandfather. I guess it's so I'm like kind of the opposite of Obama. I'm from Africa, named after named after an American. So but yeah, Johnny Alon Haldeman was my great grandfather, and that's I was named after his middle name, So I think it was like from Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 21: Yeah, Hey, elon, Yeah, my name is Jennifer Lucas. As you can tell, I do not have a Pennsylvania accident, but I do live here. I'm voting legally, I promise.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 21: I believe I'm from southern West Virginia. Okay, And honestly, I've had a lot of questions on my mind, from education to drug epidemic. It's hit really hard. But one thing that I would really like to ask you about right now is lobbyists.
Speaker 1: If I buy vote, I go to jail.
Speaker 21: They buy votes on the floor, on the voting floor in DC, and that's okay. That is affecting our voice as American citizens. So what can we do to ban lobbyists in DC so we can take our power back?
Speaker 1: A pac America pack? Yeah, I mean, you know, so, I was actually part of making a movie cold, thank You for Smoking.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone has seen.
Speaker 1: That movie, but it's it's a movie about political corruption and about lobbyists and political corruption.
Speaker 2: You know, it's worth watching Thank You for Smoking.
Speaker 1: And you know that was I'm actually the pilot in the movie in that plane so it's a very small role, but that movie explores the the corruption that exists in d C due to all the lobbying that takes place, and the legislation is primarily written by lobbyists impacted and then you know Congress basically Robert stamps the what what lobbyists?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I think I think we probably do need to take a look at what rules make sense, because obviously the the point of the elected legislators is to legislate in the interest of the people. And so if this legislation have which is often the case, that is not in there of the people, something's wrong. So and you do get these like regulatory capture situations where there, you know, the companies in an industry end up controlling the regulators.
Speaker 2: And preventing new entrants.
Speaker 1: From from coming into a market, making it difficult for new companies to come in.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: You know, I wanted to make that movie for a reason, which is too highlight that there is a lot of corruption in in d C.
Speaker 2: And I would like to have less of it at least.
Speaker 1: It's it's tough. And you know, this is also why I think the the big government machine is so against Trump because he doesn't. He's not beholden to all of these interests, you know, So he's not he's not capture. Essentially, he's not a puppet. So the sort of the big government machine is very worried about electing someone who's who's not a puppet. So yeah, I mean, I certainly advocate for you know, better rules that limit the power of companies to lobby in d C.
Speaker 2: Or at the state level for that matter. Yeah, I mean, like I.
Speaker 1: For for Mars. Like people sometimes asking me, like, well, what kind of system of governments do I think makes sense for Mars. I'm like, I said, well, that's gonna be up to the Martians, you know. But but but I would recommend direct democracy, not representative democracy.
Speaker 2: Where the people vote directly.
Speaker 1: And you know, in the past, before there was electric before you had like the internet and electronics, you had to have representative democracy because you couldn't.
Speaker 2: You couldn't.
Speaker 1: You had to just like with the legacy media, you had to collect people's opinion by mail or literally by voice or by letters written with a quill on you know and a scroll type of thing, you know, like slow, So you had to have representative democracy. You couldn't have direct democracy. But my recommendation for mars would be that the people vote directly for anything, and that any given piece of legislation must be short enough to understand. So like if it's you know, not more than a thousand words, maybe three hundred, the longer the legislation is the worst it gets. And we've got legislation that's longer than Lord of the Rings, and like nobody's read it, you know, and really quick.
Speaker 21: I just wanted to say thank you for everything that you're doing. I see you, and I see your heart, and I know that you love humanity, not just America. I do everything that you do. It shows you care for everyone deeply. Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 8: I have a lot of ideas and if you want.
Speaker 21: To hear them sometime we can sit down for dinner.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 12: All right, Hello, Elon. My name is Stephen Marsha, so I live in Lancaster County. It's nice to meet you. You once said in a job interview that when when asked what is your biggest weakness, you said honesty, which I find really interesting. And the guy said, well, that's not a weakness, and what I find fascinating is the way you stand up to anybody and speak your mind. And my question is there's a cost of telling the truth. There's a cost of being honest, Yes, and you're not afraid to pay that.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully it's not like fatal, you know.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I think that I'm wondering, like where that came from in your life, because you know, you're an amazing inspiration with everything I.
Speaker 1: Can, I can totally tell you, so, like it's I mean, first of all, you know, like I think, I I I aspire to be honest, but I'm also sometimes wrong. So obviously you know it can be right all the time. So and I do believe in and like you know, one should stand to be corrected. And the reason I believe in sort of truth and honesty is because I'm like I'm trying to understand the universe. I'm trying to understand reality. You know, we're trying to understand like what's the meaning of life?
Speaker 2: Like what are we here for? Like what's what's going on?
Speaker 1: And if you don't aspired to truth, if you're not like rigorous about truth and honesty, then you're obviously going to live in a deluded world. You want understand, you want understand the nature of reality. You want to understand. So I just I'm just curious and I want to understand the nature of reality. So that's requires rigorous adherence to the truth.
Speaker 12: Also, add thank you. What I find fascinating too is like, you know, for you to stand up and speak the truth about what you feel about Trump. There's so many celebrities on the other side has.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's weird that there's so many celebrities, you know, I'm like, like, what did they what's up with that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly, You're You're the only guy with a serious amount of influence that's able to really stand up for Trump. And I really think that I know people that are like on the fence that are going to Trump because of you. So I think, right you are making a massive difference in this election, like you single handedly, and that's an amazing legacy amongst all the other things that you do.
Speaker 2: So thank you. Well, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying my best to to you know, I want to. I'm trying to make as big a difference as possible. And uh yeah, I mean I do think like we're at a like I said, folk in the road of destiny where you know, like it's yeah, it's not clear to me that that that there will be elections after this if Trump is not elected, you know, so the I mean, there's basically, in my opinion, there's massive voter importation to swing states that is happening right now. If you look at the actual numbers as reported by the Democrat administration, there are triple digit increases in the number of illegals in each swing state. It's two d and forty percent with the number I sworre in Pennsylvania in three.
Speaker 2: Years and like that.
Speaker 1: That's you know, if the margin of victory is, like was eighty thousand votes last time, Well, what happens if you bring in like three hundred thousand illegals who are beholden to the Democrat machine and get a whole bunch of handouts, and even though they may socially not be in agreement with the Democrats, their order priority is bringing Princeton family into the country, which will be supported by the Democrats but not by the Republicans. So its voter importation is what's going on. And it doesn't take much to have the swing states be a permanent deep blue. That's what happened in California. So like, I love Reagan, but he did sign in nineteen eighty six an amnesty that you know, it's sort of legal alien amnesty. That thereafter California, which had been red or a swing state but primarily read was, went blue and then deep blue, and now California passed the law banning voter ID in any election whatsoever, even in a town council. That's what they will do to the whole country. They the playbook is obvious because we could.
Speaker 2: Just look at what they did California.
Speaker 1: They're going to do the same thing in Pennsylvania, same thing the whole rest of the country if they can.
Speaker 2: And Trump is the only chance to have that not be the case.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you it's I'll tell you it's even it's people like I think it's gonna be worse than California because the one thing that keeps California from being even more crazy than it currently is is that people can move to other states and still be in America. But what if you can't move to any other states, it's going to be way worse in California. So it's profound.
Speaker 2: Yankee.
Speaker 1: Well sorry, okay, listen, I like the name. Okay, it's a great name. Sorry, sorry, sorry, what have I done?
Speaker 2: Hiylan?
Speaker 22: My name is David and I am an founder of an e commerce company here in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. And I appreciate the one thing that you're saying about the I R S being bullying amid the American citizens. Instead of enforcing our border, we're doing that. And I found one problem being a business owner is I have been the subject of recent harassment by the I R S and I find that being a huge discouragement to entrepreneurship, which is the American backbone. And I wanted to know what you would be one of the number one things you would recommend to the Trump administration about encouraging entrepreneurship and getting young people, especially encouraged into starting small businesses to keep our economy economy flourishing, and to keep creating wonderful things like you have done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean said, it's really I think, you know, if we can just get the government off people's backs, then you can you can get a tremendous amount done. And you know, it's like just we're over regulating six ways of Sunday as you've experienced yourself. And then even when there's like a little bit of success, then the government comes along and takes the money.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know. So just when when if the founders of the country could see like where we are now, they'd blow their mind, you know, Like there was a revolt against the British. I think it was like a two percent tax on tea, like say a three percent tax on tea of like they're like no way, and now it's like, you know, forty percent. I mean, it's just like there's new taxes every day, and there's a lot of hidden taxes that you experience as a as a small business own that people don't even realize exist. You know, you did sort of come to realize that because IRS comes after you. But there's a ton of taxes that try to sort of mask from the consumers.
Speaker 2: So we just need smaller government.
Speaker 1: And allow people to produce useful goods and services for their fairly human beings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's straightforward.
Speaker 1: Hi Elon, my name is Will King. It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 23: Welcome to Lancaster.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 23: I'm a young mechanical engineer. I'm excited to work on new problems. One of my dreams would be to work for one of your companies, So we'll see where that goes. But the question I have is what are your thoughts on tariffs and how do you see tariffs impacting consumer spending or increasing inflation? And what problems to be solved for US production to reach a scale and efficiency that would match current outsource production. Like obviously it's it's no first principle it's not a first principal principles problem.
Speaker 1: We can do it, but what needs to happen in order for that to.
Speaker 2: Well, what are your thoughts on the subject?
Speaker 23: So I think what you were, what you were touching on before, a lot of government uh regulation and uh taxes, well taxes, you know, I don't know where we need to go with that, but I think, uh, I love your philosophy of surges in the employment and going hardcore.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 23: I was reading your autobiography, the other biography biography, Yeah, yeah, be clear, it's it's it's a pretty good biography, but it's not it's not actually what I would have written, right, But what really stopped to me I was reading about how you wanted to move the servers from Twitter up to is it an organ And well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually there was yeah, there were three data centers, but only two were needed.
Speaker 2: And uh, I was being told it would take like nine months to write.
Speaker 23: And you showed up with your guys and you're like, hey, let's just do this over.
Speaker 1: Night like Christmas. So I think, yeah, we'll see if Yeah.
Speaker 23: Cutting cutting down some of those regulations and all this crazy stuff that goes that extends the timeline for a bunch of stuff would really would really help, and that that worth worth ethic, work ethic. I agree with your eighty hour work principal work week principle and the hardcore.
Speaker 2: It's not for everyone.
Speaker 1: It's not for everyone, but I think.
Speaker 23: The principle is really cool, and I think we should bring that culture and that mindset down of the forty.
Speaker 1: Hour work week or the fifty.
Speaker 23: I do fifty, but you know, work life balance potentially. But I love where you're taking your companies and it's it's really cool to see.
Speaker 19: Well, thanks, thank you, Yeah, go ahead, Hello Elan, nice to see you here tonight. So recently I was reading an article on medium where a Italian researcher named Andrea Rossi was able to demonstrate a new technology that he invented that was able to extend the range.
Speaker 1: Of an electric vehicle.
Speaker 19: It was a technically like a quadricycle, so a very low power electric vehicle by four times, and after the full test that it actually increased the battery life of the electric vehicle. And obviously, you know, we don't it's only been demonstrated once. We don't know if this technology could be replicated. But if it was able to be replicated, would you be interested in implementing this kind of technology into your TESTA vehicles and even possibly the starship?
Speaker 1: Well, I wish such a thing were real, but I do not think that such a thing as real. That there is you know, every industry has a certain amount of BS, but the battery industry, I think might is a candidate for industry with the most amount of BS. So it's it's just there's like electric chemistry is very difficult. In fact, one of the ways that I will test like the intelligence of an AI system is ask a battery electroc chemistry questions and rocket questions and usually comes back with terrible answers. So it's it's it's it's extremely difficult to increase the range, but the range is already sufficient to fully electrify everything on Earth. So you know, tails us have over three hundred miles of range, and some of them have like four hundred miles of range. We could actually make it go further. It's just that that's like an unnecessary amount of battery for most people because the amount of the amount of range that you need in a battery is about the same amount of range that your bladder has. Essentially, So if you know, if you start a trip at say nine am, around noon, you want to probably hit the restroom, take a break, you know, have a bite to eat, and you know, so you drive for three hours, maybe four hours, and then charge the car.
Speaker 2: As long as the car is charged.
Speaker 1: By the time you come back from the bathroom and have you know, had lunch or whatever. Then at long distance trips are no problems that we're already we're already there at this point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but but there is no magical breakthrough.
Speaker 1: Would you also be.
Speaker 19: Willing if other technologies are discovered over the next few years into the near future, would you also be willing to that theoretically could revolutionize electrical vehicles, space travel. You know, exotic propulsion, exotic energy generation techniques. Are you interested in researching those and potentially funding them and contributing to this kind of research. I do think there is a lot of technology out there that is not really mainstream that it has potential, although it's in a very infantile stage.
Speaker 1: I think there is potential. I mean not only I mean I'm both Tales and SpaceX are desperately interested in anything that works. We're not like barring the door. We're like, please, if you've got something that works, tell us about it. Unfortunately, it's rarely the case that it actually works, is the issue. So you know, for a while there, Tesla, I guess maybe still do like we're just would rate any given you know, proposed new technology out of ten, where ten is is incredible and you know one is total total nonsense, and really nothing got above a four. So it's it's just very difficult to do. But if if and I would encourage anyone to say, prove me wrong, please do that. I would like to be proven wrong. That would be awesome. Uh yeah, but just just compete with Tesla. That sounds like you're great. If you know, if there's a some technology that has much greater range, I would strongly recommend they just kick our ass.
Speaker 24: You know, Yeah, Elon, Do you believe that Jesus the Christ is a real person who was crucified and died and has risen and that God is Jesus.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by a real person that he.
Speaker 24: Was alive back two thousand years ago and he was the guy who was crucified?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Yeah, no, I.
Speaker 2: Think there's yeah, I do think that's that's true. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you get into like these you know, uh, theocratical debates of the Trinity, and but I thought, you know, but yeah, yeah, I think it's real.
Speaker 25: Sou by Elon. That feels very weird to say. But Hi, my name is Chris Michaelson. I'm a Lancaster County resident. We're really happy to have you here.
Speaker 2: Thank you everybody.
Speaker 25: Look, I, like many of us here, feel that the very construct, the constitution of our country is at stake during this election. I'm a firm believer that those who can should and I just want to say thank you for being one of the very few powerful members outside of the Construct who have the balls to stand up here every.
Speaker 2: Day and do what you're doing. Big dude, thank you.
Speaker 8: Thanks. All right, there's a macho man's here.
Speaker 25: Look, President Trump has announced you or has announced that he will appoint you as the.
Speaker 2: Head of the Efficiency Commission.
Speaker 25: Right, that's obviously a perfect spot for you, given your historical success running lean and exceptionally profitable businesses. One of my big concerns that extends beyond the disarray of our financial constitution here is the technology attacks that have happened in our country. Twenty twenty one, the Colonial pipeline ransomware attack. Yeah, twenty twenty one, robin Hood seven million users, data stolen, their money held for ransom. Twenty twenty three, T Mobile goes down overnight, airport attacks, airline attacks. Have you spoken to Trump at all regarding your expertise around cybersecurity? Are you going to have any involvement there? If not, do you know who is and do you trust them? And I have one more question, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Definitely, I certainly don't have all the answers here, and I don't I don't want to tempt fate. But like nobody has successfully hacked SpaceX or starlink, and they've been every day, there are thousands of attempts to hack starlink and no one has succeeded.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't want to tempt fate here.
Speaker 1: So this is not a tempt saying to hacker groups out there, please hack starlink, like please don't hack starlink. But but thus far there have been many attempts by individuals and state actors to hack into starlink and none of them have been successful. So track recle it thus far is pretty good. No one has successfully hacked into Yeah, so far, so good. You know, don't want to be complacent or anything. No one has hacked into the tel mothership, like the the Tesla Core database. Many people have tried to hack into the tel Core database, zero successes. Yeah, I can certainly say like, now, government computers are not super secure because it's the government, you know. So it's like if you say, like, what is an easy thing to hack? As the government computers are easy thing to hack.
Speaker 2: So it's not good. No, I agree.
Speaker 1: That's why I like, I'm you know, I'm like, as a hardcore technology guy, I'm saying we should not have voting machines, we should not have computers.
Speaker 2: Because that are two.
Speaker 1: Subject being hacked by by and it's like the subject is being hacked by, you know, and the people protecting these machines don't understand technology, and they could easily be bamboozled. So even with the best of intentions. So but it's really hard to bamboozle paper ballots person with ID, which is obviously how it should be. Yeah.
Speaker 25: We we've talked about baseball a couple of times. Tonight, my brother's handicapped. Ryan.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 25: I'm sorry that you couldn't be here tonight. He's a White Sox fan and he just wants to know if you would consider buying them and turning them to a reputable business.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But I'm in technology guys, so I'm just you know, I got to pick my battles here, so I'm just I just try to make technologies that you will find useful. Thank you.
Speaker 26: All right, Hi Eli, my name is Vladimir. I'm an entrepreneur from Reading, Pennsylvania. I came all the way here to see you because I'm not sure if you're going to make it to read in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: I couldn't wait.
Speaker 26: Thank you so much for your contributions to the world. Thank you for Tesla Neurallink, SpaceX X. Everything that you're doing is incredible, and thank you for stepping up with your leadership to once again how to take our country back. It's my question to you, is regarding artificial intelligence probably our greatest invention, hopefully not or last invention you were really on the you were really advocating for basically regulating the advances that we're making on artificial intelligence. How long do you think it would be before we actually reach AGI or artificial general intelligence and artificial super intelligence? And are you still up for regulating this amazing invention that we've summoned here?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I do think there should be some regulatory oversight for AI. So yeah, I mean it's it's kind of your regulators is kind of like the referees in a sports game. You know, whether it's baseball, basketball, anything, any given sport. Uh, all the teams want to have referees so that you know, the teams don't break the rules and there's fair play.
Speaker 2: So I think there there is a sort of a right number of regulators.
Speaker 1: For any given industry, but there shouldn't be There shouldn't be too many or too few. Now there's basically no regulators in AI right now. So it's like having a game with no referees. That's that's you know, subject to something bad happening. So my recommendation would be to have uh yeah, to have an AI regulatory agency at the federal level. It should be you know, not not heavy handed. It should be, but there shouldn't be nothing. In contrast in other industries where where there's excess regulation because these regulatory agencies are just sort of grown over time to the point where there are too many referees on the field.
Speaker 2: I think the sports analogy makes.
Speaker 1: A lot of sense, like you want to have enough referees to have a fair game, but not so many referees that people can't can't throw a pass on the football field without hitting.
Speaker 2: A ref you know.
Speaker 1: That's that's the situation we got right now. It's like you're trying to run downfield bam, you're just rub bumping into the refs everywhere. So that's that, you know, we've got to take some correct action there.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 27: All right, Elon Musk, it's a pleasure to meet you. This should be sponsored by doctor Schulz. I don't know how your few are doing it right now. I just want to say thank you for being here tonight.
Speaker 1: It's an honor to be here with you.
Speaker 27: I actually have been waiting for almost a decade to talk with you and ask you a few questions. All right, First one, I want to just break right into business. A friend of mine is building the world's brightest light in the world, powered completely by renewable and Teslas solar panels, and we want to know if you'll turn it on for us. It's been cleared, it's in Texas, the FAA approved it. Will you turn it on for us?
Speaker 1: Potentially?
Speaker 2: Possibly?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: When you say right us light, like, what do you mean?
Speaker 27: Right than the Luxer? It'll have the International Space Station and you can illuminate it at night.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yeah, you can light up the.
Speaker 27: Whole Grand Canyon as well. That's what the engineers say.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the hell of a light? Okay, it is sure.
Speaker 27: Test the solar panels too, so okay, great, that sounds good. Secondly, we've heard a lot of prayers tonight. I just want to say a quick prayer for you and ask everybody to join me and just put your hands up and let's pray that God protects this man here. He's risking his life, his family, and his future for people here in a country who he believes in.
Speaker 1: And we believe in you, Elon, and thank you.
Speaker 27: Thank you for everything you're doing, and we ask God that he protects you and keeps you safe in your journey in protecting us in our country.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 27: Okay, So my question, my real question, is you've done a ton of things. You've literally enabled mankind to live amongst the stars.
Speaker 2: Well, not yet, but we're almost.
Speaker 1: We're getting there, yes, and I can. I want to nerd out with you all day on this.
Speaker 27: Yeah, the NASA has been you know, tauted that the fuel of the stars is hydrogen. I know, I know, before you kill me, you're not a huge fan of hydrogen, and I understand it has its flaws, but we do have some incredible successes. And my question is for you, if I were able to help you and provide you with the right people and resources, would you be down to basically involve yourself with us and help save our planet.
Speaker 1: Well, I do have seventeen jobs and with the Department of Government Efficiency at eighteen, so you know, I have to be cautious about taking on additional responsibility because it's just physically impossible. But yeah, I mean, the biggest source of energy by far is the sun, So nothing even comes close to the Sun in terms of energy output. The Sun converts before million tons of master energy per second, and it's been doing that for a very long time, and we'll do that for many, many billions of years to come. So one of the ways you can think of it, the progress of any given civilization is on the Kardashev scale, and so just simple way of thinking about it is your Kottashev level one. If you've honessed all the power of a planet, you're two. If you've honessed all the power of a solar system, and you're three. If you've honessed the power of a galaxy. We're very far from three, it's safe to say, but even from one. So when you think in Kodashev terms, it becomes very obvious that the Sun is overwhelmingly the source of energy, and everything else is tiny potato, tiny, tiny, tiny potato. But hey, well, tiny potatoes wire fine for now. But the Sun is overwhelmingly the big potato, the human potato. So it's really harnessing the power of the Sun that will lead us to the stars.
Speaker 28: Hi hi Elon Dave from Lancaster County. First, thank you so much for all the insight this evening and thought provoking conversation.
Speaker 2: Two questions.
Speaker 28: One with slightly more than nine days until the election, what would you recommends a thirty second pitch to convince somebody not to believe what they're seeing on CBS, NBC and ABC.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I've got a great solution for that, which is send them links to videos and information on the X platform.
Speaker 2: So if they say that, you know, Trump loves Nazis, for example.
Speaker 1: Like well, actually here's the whole speech where he categorically condemns Nazis, and yet the Democrats keep claiming that he loves Nazis even though he specifically said he condemns in the strongest possible terms. Uh, they still perpetuate to find people hoax. You know, it's pretty insane. So for any given thing that somebody says, well Trump is this all that, just send them the actual speech. That's that's the antidote. Send them what he actually said, thank you, And then the second part X platform actually has that, so you know, that's that's the best way. Y.
Speaker 29: Hey, elon, John Scott, your old classmate from U Penn says, Hi, okay, cool, thanks for a great earnings call. On Wednesday, welcome. My name is Raphael Aziz. I'm a Coptic Orthodox Christian immigrant from Alexandria, Egypt. I have lived through religious persecution before, and I believe that the liberal and the woke movement is a religious persecution today. It is anti Christian and quite honestly anti religion. You have posted on x that unless there is more bravery to stand up for what is fair and right, Christianity will perish. My question to you, Elon Musk, is very simple. Will you stand with the Coptic Christian community, our brothers and sisters, the Catholic and Christians, and the Protestant Evangelicals against the liberal movement that is trying to destroy Christianity and religion in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm I'm I'm against I'm against the work work religion is is fundamentally an extinctionist belief system. It's an extinctionist belief system. And I think we want to we want to be expansionists. We want to expand to the stars, we want to grow as a civilization.
Speaker 2: We don't want to go extinct. And so yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Absolutely support the Coptic Christians and like, I mean, really, anyone who's like expansionists, who's whose believes in a future that is better than the past, that in a future where we grow.
Speaker 2: I massively support that.
Speaker 24: So all right, yeah, hi Elon, I'm Jeremy and I'm from Earth, more specifically Bowmansville.
Speaker 1: But my question is address one astronomical unit.
Speaker 24: Can you give some insight into your decision making process and worldview? I mean, I have a lot of respect for what you've been able to accomplish so far, and you have a huge vision for what you want to accomplish so yet. And in that way, there's a crossover between the areas that you're a subject expert in and politics. So if you have some insight into how you make decisions in your worldview, then that enables us all to trust you across a larger amount of issues.
Speaker 1: Sure. Well, you know, I'm a big believer in physics, you know, which is like basically, if if you like, I mean, I sort of say, like, you know, everything everything else is a recommendation pretty much, but physics is the law. Like, if you break physics, you're gonna it's not gonna. The rocket will explode and the car will not work. So you have to adhere to physics in order to make cars that work, and to make rockets that work, in order to make space.
Speaker 2: Internet that works.
Speaker 1: You you, because if you're wrong, then reality is a very harsh judge.
Speaker 2: Reality is merciless.
Speaker 1: If you make advice that doesn't work, that that violates physics, it simply doesn't work, and then you'll think rocket blows up in the satellites don't work and the car's break. So you either you either if you make technology, you either have a rigorous you.
Speaker 5: You you.
Speaker 1: Have to in order to make technology work, you must have extremely rigorous pursuit of the truth because otherwise reality will bite you in the as big time.
Speaker 30: Yeah, So all right, Hi, thank you for taking the time to be with us today. My name is Justin Henson, also Lancaster County native. My generation is inheriting housing shortage and we're statistically less likely to take blue collar jobs. Obviously, declining birth rates been discussed. There's not going to be as many people to even fill blue collar jobs. What do you think the solution is to the current housing crisis that we're having in this country. In terms of pricing, it seems like my generation is getting priced out of homes, but also balancing the equity that people who currently own their homes have and obviously not wanting to destroy that as well.
Speaker 2: What do you see there to be a solution to that problem?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the risk of being repetitive. I think regulation is a strangling progress. And there's so many regulations. You know, you can't even like modify your kitchen or you know, add add something to your house without getting Azillian permits. So if we get if we reduce regulation, you reduce the cost of new houses. So yeah, I mean it's it's you know, if I know there's like many small business owners and and builders in this audience, and and who are listening, and anyone who has tried to build things, whether it's you know, build build, build a house, or do anything, build a business, you realize just how much of a government burden there is. It's it's massive, and uh there's a state burden as well as a federal burden. But we can at least do something about the federal burden, and then you know that that's you know, at least we could we don't have to have like four hundred and how many agencies there are.
Speaker 2: This is so crazy, you know, more I like, I'd like to know if this is there.
Speaker 1: I've been this on a single member of Congress that can name two hundred agencies, I'll be surprised.
Speaker 2: So, how many agencies do we need? Ninety nine?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot. That sounds plan I need to cover the basis? How many bases do we need to cover? Anyway, it's a ninety nine basis sounds like a lot. So anyway, I think we could just get the governor of people's backs. Would be a bigger improvement in the quality of life and cost of housing.
Speaker 2: And everything else. So, yes, Elon was going on big Dog. Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 2: My name is Nathan, I'm from Columbia.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so.
Speaker 12: I was gonna ask how do it feel to be the richest man in the world, and also kind of get a picture with you real quick.
Speaker 1: Well, we're on TV right now, so I think I think actually we're we're both last streaming right now, and I think probably to millions of people actually, so yeah, so millions people. I think millions of people will actually see us. We're now on screen for millions of people. In terms of how does it feel, I mean, it's kind of a strange thing because I guess, like I'm still very much like a technologist who, like, you know, I just work a lot, you know, and then my recreational activity is hanging out with friends and family and playing video games, which is yeah, exactly, I played video game Dablo out of the video games, so you know, it's like, I don't I don't have like any yachts or holiday homes or anything. So I guess if I was to maybe live a more hedonistic life and you know, had like yachts and islands or something like that, then I would make more I got out of a movie that every more. I don't know, but that's not my idea of fun though, because I like, I'm like, you know, I'm sitting. If I got sitting the beach, then I'm like, this is boring. I know what I'm I supposed to do now, you know. So I just like building things, and I like being being productive and doing useful things and making cool products, and that's it pretty much. I mean, I also to like hanging out with friends and family and stuff. But uh, you know, I'm not like saying, how can I sort of well, ither I get you out or anything like, I don't have a boat or anything like that. So yeah, of course I still love it. You know, you're right, I do have boats.
Speaker 2: What are you talking force, Yes, there's a boat.
Speaker 1: We SpaceX has these ships that are for the rocket lands on. You know, so I guess technically I do own boats. Yeah, I stand corrected, Thank you. Yeah, maybe I should like go sort of sailing around in one of them or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Hi Elon. My name is Bruce.
Speaker 31: I'm a voter here in Pennsylvania and it's really it is an honor to meet you. You've been a very strong inspiration for me and my family and all my friends, so God bless you for that.
Speaker 1: Have a question right now about Latin America.
Speaker 31: You've obviously met President Naibukeleva Salvador, who has done.
Speaker 1: An incredible job.
Speaker 2: He really has.
Speaker 1: He's a very smart guy. Oh absolutely, absolutely, Like it's like, like, you know, we had a long conversation about many subjects. I think, yeah, he's really sharp guy. Absolutely.
Speaker 31: So following on that, what would you advocate for in a second Trump administration to incentivize states like Mexico, Ecuador and others into strengthening their policies on policing and economic opportunities to stem the tide of illegal migration to the US southern border.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah. Well, I mean, if there's prosperity in those countries, then I think there would obviously be less of a forcing function for legal migration. It's it's pretty tough, you know, I mean, and there's some lessons to be learned there, Like when when Travis came to power in Venezuela, one of the first things he did was take the guns away from people, so he basically banned private gun ownership under the guise of, you know, safety. And then Maduro when he had the election recently, he lost by a landslide and just ignored the election, and the people protested when they got shot, they couldn't defend themselves. That's why I need the Second Amendment. It's a critical thing.