Speaker 1: We are live in Glendale, Arizona. Welcome to Dodger Talk, our only show of the week here on AM five seventy LA Sports, and we've got a great show for you tonight. We will let you here inside the Dodger Clubhouse, inside the team meeting on Saturday for the first full squad meeting where Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman addressed the team. We will share that with you in fifteen minutes. Also coming up in thirty minutes, you will hear from one of the key players in last year's championship run, especially in October, the one and only two time World Series champion with the Dodgers, Blake Trinan. Who can ever forget Game five, after Jack Flaherty lasted what two innings the Dodgers had to go to their bullpen, Blake trining was in a key spot, throwing more pitches than he had ever thrown in a game forty six? Who can never forget Dave Roberts going out to the mound in the eighth inning just checking the temperature of trying to see where he was at. And he delivered for his manager, he delivered for his teammates, And it's the first time I have interviewed Blake Trying in since talking to him in the moment on the field at Yankee Stadium after the Dodgers were victorious in that World Series. Just amazing, amazing player, amazing person, an amazing competitor. Blake Trying and we had some fun. He tried to hold me accountable and I try to hold him accountable. What happened was he started grabbing my microphone. And for those that know the first rule of broadcasting, number one rule, you never allow anybody to grab the microphone from you. That's number one. If you're up on a platform, if you're at the school function and you're the MC, don't ever let anybody grab the microphone. And I let Blake try and grab the microphone, and you will hear that conversation coming up at the bottom of the hour. We had a great first day at Camel Back Ranch. I just got back from the Buffalo Wing Eating Contest, the seventh annual Buffalo Wing Eating Contest. Justin Turner started this seven years ago. Mookie Betts has taken the baton and last year's winner, Hero Yoshi Yamamoto's interpreter was victorious. He was not able to defend his title. Tonight, it was Dominican assistant pitching coach heyesus Canizalez that won the Buffalo wing eating contest, and it was Mookie Bets, Dave Roberts, Yamamoto, Shohio Tani that all contributed to the fund for whoever won this Buffalo wing eating contest. I believe the grand prize was twenty five hundred dollars, so I'm happy for a minor league pitching coach to get a little extra spending cash during spring training. We do have phone lines open until eight o'clock. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. It was actually incredible because I brought my wife and kids over to the Buffalo wing eating contest. My son Joseph loves to watch grown men embarrass themselves by eating countless number of boneless wings, and we encountered the entire team. They all showed up and it was similar to last year. All the players showed up, and it was pretty incredible that you had you had shoe A Otani and Mookie Beds standing in this Buffalo Wild Wing restaurant right in the heart of the Westgate Town Center here in Glendale, Arizona. And after we watched it for a little bit, we went across the way to have some dinner, and all of a sudden, in this massive outdoor mall area. If you ever been to see the Dodgers in Glendale, Arizona, you know where I'm talking about. There's a bunch of bunch of restaurants in this outdoor type of mall area, and you can hear the buzz start to generate around the courtyard that the Dodgers were there, that Otani was there, that Mookie Beds was there, and it was pretty amazing to see. It was kind of a like a tidal wave of buzz going through that outdoor mall and yeah, show hey, Otani was standing right there. You could have got a great look at Otani out of uniform, in street clothes, hanging out with his teammates. So that was pretty cool as well. Now at camp today, the big buzz was Dustin May throwing to hitters for the first time this spring. Of course, we all know about the Dustin May career arc. He has great stuff, but it seems like sometimes the velocity that he throws is too much for his body. To Tommy John surgeries. He had an unfortunate esophagus accident where he was eating dinner, and I guess he's going with that. He had a piece of lettuce that created a major medical emergency, and that derailed any thoughts of a possible comeback last year. So you had the entire I wouldn't say the entire team, but you had a lot of guys stop down to see what he had to see the way he looked, and I was told it was remarkable. I could get into the vertical tilt and all that, but it was plus plus stuff today from Dustin May. From what I was told, Max Month, see Kei Ky Hernandez faced him and they did not have very comfortable swings against Dustin May. And of course, in this juncture of spring training, we always say the pitchers are ahead of the hitter, so that's part of this as well. But I'm not gonna sit here and try to break down what Dustin May was doing. I could just give you the feedback that I got from some of the coaches that were watching today, And I can also tell you when there is a certain picture on the mound, and not only front office people, but teammates gather around the batting cage to watch it. It means something, and everybody wanted to see and support Dustin May because a lot of guys have been on this journey with him. It stood out to me that Tony Gonsolin made it a point they were roommates for a long time. Alex Vesia stopped down and really was making it known that he was here to see Dustin May. So, Blake Snell was there to see Dustin May. So a lot of guys were interested to see what Dustin May had, what Dustin May had, and what does it mean? What does it mean for Dustin May if he comes out of spring training healthy, does he have a spot in this rotation? I believe he does to start the year.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: I believe there's a competition going on between Dustin May, Tony Gonsolin, and Bobby Miller. Are there two spots?
Speaker 3: Are there?
Speaker 2: Three spots? Are there?
Speaker 4: Just?
Speaker 1: Is there just one spot? That's contingent on whether or not Roki Sazaki starts games to begin the North American part of the Dodgers schedule after he starts in Japan. Dave Roberts made that announcement last week. He's planning to have the two Japanese pitchers start in Tokyo at the Tokyo Dome where they won the World Baseball Classic. That was Yoshi Yamamoto and Roki Sazaki going up against the Cubs. But look, Roki Sazaki is not a finished product by any means.
Speaker 2: He's just not.
Speaker 1: I know, everybody keeps on hyping up this guy, but last year was not a smooth year for him in Japan. He has a lot to prove and I'm not going to say that today or this year, Roki Sazaki is going to live up to the hype. This is a project. Any team that was signing Roki Suzaki was signing a project, and he he's going to start, but there's going to be some bumps along the way, and how is he going to handle that? How do the Dodgers handle that as well? So that's why there's there's spots available in the rotation. So that's the way it looks as far as the rotation goes, because Otani eventually will be in there, Roki Sazaki from time to time will be in there. Does Glass now stay healthy? He's a full participant. So there's some question marks surrounding this eight six six, eight, seven, two five seventy is the phone number, and saw Mooki Bets today. He's in great spirits. He has a great clear head on his shoulders, and you're going to hear his message to his teammates coming up in our next segment. And he definitely has set the tone again for the Dodgers like he did last year where he was so determined. And my understanding is that during the off season he was with P. D. Montero, one of the Dodger coaches who is a great infield instructor, a disciple at Reggie Smith now on Dave Roberts's staff, and P. D. Montero was working with Mookie Betts in the San Fernando Valley all winter long and watching Mooki make the throws today, it was everything that people had been talking about that, yes, the throws are much better, and more importantly, talking to Chris Woodward, the confidence is there. Mooki was still a little unsure of himself at shortstop last year. I know it's just the backfields, I know it's just practice, but he seems a lot more confident at that position. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back your phone calls, we have two lines open at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy we will take you inside the Dodger Clubhouse to hear what Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman had to say to their teammates on the first day of full squad workouts. And also coming up at the bottom of the hour, you don't want to miss my conversation with one of the heroes of the World Series, Blake Trining David Vasse live in Glendale, Arizona on your home for the World Champion Dodgers AM five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers first spring training game, Cactus League Opener is coming up on Thursday, and you will hear it live on your home for the World Champion Dodgers AM five to seventy LA Sports. It is against the Chicago Cubs at Camelback Ranch and it is at.
Speaker 2: Twelve oh five on.
Speaker 1: Thursday afternoon against the Cubs. And on Friday, the Dodgers in cub hook up again, this time at Sloan Park, So the Dodgers and Cubs will be facing off in Tokyo, Japan. They're the first two teams to report to spring training and they will face off in the first two games of the Cactus League. And since this is our only live show this week from Glendale, Arizona, I may have to do a Dodger Talk podcast exclusive for the iHeartRadio app at some point this week. But you will hear us live on Dodgers on Deck beginning at eleven thirty before first pitch this Thursday at twelve five the Cactus League opener. Yes, it is time for Dodger Baseball and we have your world champions covered right here on Dodgers Radio and five to seventy LA Sports coming up at the bottom of the hour, you will hear from Blake Trining. In a moment, I will take you inside the Dodger Clubhouse to hear the message for Mookie Bets and Freddie Freeman. But first let's take some phone calls. Let's go out to Camillo. Clay, You're on Dodger Talk with David Masse.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 5: Clay, Hey, Hi David, thank you, enjoy you and your commentary. You do a great job.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Clay.
Speaker 5: I want hey, I wanted to talk a little bit about something that I saw and my friends and I have discussed it, and I wanted to see if it ever came up. That infamous fifth inning of the Game five, I saw that keik A when he's running to third took kind of a different route, and I wanted to ask your opinion, if you've talked to him about that, if that's come up in conversation, and do you think that had a role in the shortstops throughout a third he kind of takes kind of an outward run. You could tell that he makes a little bit of a jog outside to go to the base clay.
Speaker 1: It's incredible you brought that up because I was talking about that base running play and a few other different little things that added up to the Dodgers winning that World Series with Dave ro Roberts last night, and he brought up that play that was one hundred percent intentional by Keith k a Hernandez. And I know we think about the clutch hits and the clutch home runs by Keith ka in October, but what makes him such a good player is that he is a baseball player. He has a high baseball IQ, and in that moment his IQ delivered, he knew he had to try to find a way to make that throw tougher on Anthony Volpi to get to Josh Chisholm. So that was one hundred percent intentional for key k to take that route from second base to third base.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's what I thought. And I had one other thing if you got time, Yeah, your thoughts on Aaron Judge when Tae Oscar hit the ball to the left center field and short hoped the sense do you think if you watch him, do you think that the catch that he made against these against Freeman, I see that he's not going full speed. Do you think there was any way that he could have got that ball?
Speaker 1: There was a chance. I thought that in the moment, it just seemed like he made a great catch. But he made a few other blunders. The obvious one was dropping the ball to start the Dodger rally in Game five of that fifth inning, but there were a few going against the wall, the one that you're talking about in particular, where he did not play it well and Juan Soto had a rough time in right field during that World Series, and that costs the Yankees and gave the Dodgers a ninety extra feet a few different times. The first one that comes to mind is Otani's double that Soto did not get too quickly and made a poor throw and labor Taurus couldn't stay in front of it, and Shohotani got to third base and the Dodgers tied the score thanks to a sacrifice fly. If if Otani's held to a double, the Dodgers don't tie the score there.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's right, very good, very good.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it all right, be safe out there, Clay, Thanks for the phone call. Yeah, And you know I talked about this on sports and at LA last week. You know, it's a reflection on Aaron Boone. How poorly the Yankees did the little things because the tone is set with the manager, and Dave Roberts has empowered his coaches last year Clayton McCullough and Dino Ebel this year Chris Woodward and Dino Ebel among others, to hold the players accountable, get them out there, their work, and I'll never forget the rest of my life. Just how from day one here in spring training the tone was set by Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman, and not by their words, but by their action and the work they put in and that never stopped. Each and every day before every game, they were out there working and it continued through the World Series. And it was sobering and eye opening, honestly, when the Yankees had the opportunity to have early work before every World Series game, there were no Yankees out there doing any infield drills. It was shocking, considering how bad they were defensively, that nobody was out there trying to get better. But on the flip side, on the Dodger side, you had guys that are really good defensively, and Keike Hernandez, Tommy Edmond, Chris Taylor, Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman who was on a bad right ankle among other things, and he was still out there putting in the early work and the Yankees never did. And that was I know we keep saying this, but pitching, defense, base running were the biggest difference in that World Series. And nobody'll ever forget the fifth inning of Game five, one of the epic meltdowns by any team in any World Series game, in any World Series. Inning eight six, six, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number. This is Dodger Talk. David Vasse live in Glendale, Arizona with the world champion Dodgers as they get set for trying to defend this championship and become the first team since the Yankees twenty five years ago to win back to back World Series championships. And there's been a lot of talk about trying to win one hundred and sixteen games winning back to back World Series. But as you know, in baseball, especially if you start looking that far ahead, that's where you get tripped up. And on Saturday, the Dodgers had their first full team meeting and Mookie Betts was called upon by Dave Roberts to speak. Freddie Freeman was called upon by Dave Roberts to address their team and here's what they had to say. We are taking you deep inside the Dodger Clubhouse. Here's Freddy Freeman and Mookie Betts on Saturday setting the tone for the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think I'm just gonna harp on what you said. Every single night since I've been a professional baseball player is when I lay my head on my pillar at night, did I give everything I have to get better that day? And I've been doing that for a long time. Special this is my fourth year. We're in this uniform and I got to win it for the first time in this uniform last year and that means everything. I mean, MOOKI he's got three titles. I've got two, Max. A lot of these guys got two titles in here. Like Mukey said on that video, we want more. When you win one, you want to win another one. You just want to keep winning and winning and winning. And when you put on this uniform, that's this is the epitome of baseball right here as the Dodgers. And to be able to put this uniform on it every day when you walk in this clubhouse, make it feel special because it is special to put this uniform on. A lot of us are coming in here grinding already. You know, we're here at seven am trying to get our bodies ready to do this. And when you win this thing at the end of it, everything is worth it at the end. It really is. A lot of us went through a lot last year to do that and put a ring on, and I promise you guys, it is worth it in the end. So come in here every day, put this uniform on and make it mean something to you, just like talk was saying, and we'll see you at the end of this thing.
Speaker 3: I would say just.
Speaker 8: Everything Freddy, say everything Doc said. I would say something new for me this year that I'm working on, since it's like I do have three never went back to back, and to me, I think doing all the things that Doc said.
Speaker 3: Is going to be key. But I think discipline.
Speaker 8: I think discipline is showing up each and every day, giving your effort, giving it what you got, working on whatever you need to work on. But it's the only way to do it. So we got to figure it out and we'll be starting today with discipline, doing everything in.
Speaker 2: The right ways.
Speaker 1: That's Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts addressing their teammates on Saturday when the full squad got together for the first time officially, and you were inside that Dodger clubhouse, And thank you to Sue Joe and the Dodgers social media team for posting that on the Dodgers' social media accounts, because that just gives you a peek inside on just the tone and the mindset of this team. And you heard what Mooki Bets had to say. He has three World Series championships, he's never won back to Backworld series, Freddie Freeman, Father Time is undefeated. Freddie is well aware of that, and it feels like these guys Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman and sho Hey Otani, along with Teoscar Hernandez and Max Munsey, they understand, you know, what they have here and there is a fine time that these guys have left in their careers and they're not taking any season for granted. And I love what they had to say. I love that Mookie Beds has grown into a leadership role where he's comfortable enough to stand up and express himself that way. If you go back to twenty twenty, he was not as willing to be that guy, and it's hard when you're the new guy. But he has really grown into it and I saw it, especially last year, the tone he set for himself and for the team. He really has started to become more of a leader by example and also a voice in that clubhouse. And I love hearing those two guys really grow into being Dodgers and taking ownership of this team because it is their team. Along with Otani, along with Max Munsey, it is their team and their time is now. The Dodgers have you know a read a five year window here with these players to try to make this happen and also pass the baton to other younger players to understand what it takes to win and put on a Dodger uniform and really excel with that type of expectations on you. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Now, Freddie Freeman had right ankle surgery. If you heard our interview on Dodger Fest from Dodger Fest a few weeks ago, he was pretty candid about where the ankle was at that time. Now he's expected to begin running this week and I was pleasantly surprised to see Freddie Freeman actually taking ground balls and moving around the first base bag defensively today. That's a great sign that his right ankle is cooperating with his timeline, because I know the Dodgers would left Freddy to take it as slow as possible and not rush it. But Freddy wants to.
Speaker 2: Be out there.
Speaker 1: That's the type of player he is, and he's doing everything he can to be out there and ready to go for Tokyo Japan. So that's a great sign. Also another observation love seeing the way that hayes on Kim has been embraced by this team and the middle infielders, actually all the infielders gather around the second base bag and start channing. Let's go Dodgers to kind of put some pressure on Kim for the last round ball of the workout, and if he doesn't make the play cleanly, they all have to start the drill over again. And he's delivered. Everybody's been marveling about his defense, his speed. The bat is a little bit behind those two things, so we'll have to see whether or not he can hit. But the Dodgers are sold already on his defense and on his speed. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. When we continue, you will hear from one of the stars, the heroes of the World Series and the Dodgers. October Run. Two time World Series Champion Blake Trinan is next on Dodger Talk right here on a five to seventy LA Sports. Two time two time World Series champion, just a monster year last year led the Dodger bullpen in more ways than one, and this interview is three months in the making. I remember exactly where I was when I set up this interview in Dallas, Texas had Nick and Sam's Dodgers player relations Wanderrado was sitting across from me as I text Blake Trinan about coming on the show as he signed his extension with the Dodgers. Blake, it's great to see you.
Speaker 4: You know what most people don't understand here is that when you're a free agent, you like to be the one to tell your family first about you signing a deal. And Dave's the rat that told this slapstick in Houston.
Speaker 3: Oh you were in Dallas. How close is that to Houston.
Speaker 2: The guy was from Washington State.
Speaker 3: Oh it wasn't. The guy was from Houston.
Speaker 4: Some dude from a like a sports reporter in Houston, which people in the sports world in Houston are slightly disrespected right now for good reason.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Well, can you you actually explain this to me again?
Speaker 4: Rip open, Let go to Mike Dave. So here's what's gonna you know, here's not Dave, it's my show right now. So here's what's happening. Well, you gave it up. So Dave texts me and says, hey, word on the street is you're a Dodger again.
Speaker 3: And here's the specifics. I'm like, how the crap do you know that Dave?
Speaker 4: Well, apparently Dave in this I don't even know this dude's name in Houston were sitting also with Wan's discussing specifics.
Speaker 3: Dave, it's my time to talk.
Speaker 4: I've got the microphone, I can talk, and so he's like, when can I get you on the rumor's true?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I don't want all I'm about Dave did. I started to pass physical Apparently the whole world knew before I knew.
Speaker 4: And so I told Dave that when it was official, I would get on the show with him, and then there was some random miscommunications that led us to spring. You can tell by his cynical laugh that he knows I'm right.
Speaker 3: He was the mole. So Dave, continue with your show.
Speaker 1: Number One, it's not my fault. People like to confide in me. Number two, Blake Trining did not confide in me to give me that news. Number Three, I never tweeted any information out.
Speaker 3: That's just interesting that you knew Houston guy, Dave guy.
Speaker 4: Now I find out three months later or however long it was, that you were in the same state as this guy.
Speaker 1: I thought this guy was the kid that you were playing catch with during twenty twenty on your street from.
Speaker 2: Wawa Tosa, Wawa Tosa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for not actually saying where I live, Dave, I was that close and never doing your show again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm try. Love.
Speaker 1: I love how you explained this to me, because I don't think we as media and also fans don't realize in the eagerness to break news, you want to break it to your teammates as well as your family.
Speaker 4: So the problem is I've got, you know, blessed a lot of good people in my life. So I've got like hundreds of people texting me like, hey, congrats, is it true?
Speaker 3: Is it true?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, if I fil my physical this is gonna be a weird conversation. And so everybody's asking these questions and I got to tell everybody know it's not true, and then wait and then text everybody all over again and say, hey, it was true.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, everybody wants to be the first look at me. Look what I did. I you know, slap my fingers on a couple of digital icons on a phone, and I should get a pat on the back for being a great reporter. No, it's like, why don't you let the player have a chance to reveal it to you know their family and friends.
Speaker 3: And then I.
Speaker 4: Find someone like Day because he's taken time to get to know me and be a friend, or so I thought, and then he could release it.
Speaker 2: I never released anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what's so weird. Some dude in Houston.
Speaker 4: So somebody in the office knows this guy, and we need to get to the bottom of the day.
Speaker 2: I feel like he was from Pullman Washington.
Speaker 4: Thirty two ounce Tomahawk's steak for you if you figure out who the mole is?
Speaker 3: Are you willing to fess up right now?
Speaker 2: I am not the male? How dare you?
Speaker 1: I'm insulted you would even say that, because I have another question. During your long winded answer right there, was that a humble brag when you said I have hundreds of friends? Are you saying that you're that beloved? And we, as mere mortals only have maybe a twenty person inner circle, But Blake Tryning has hundreds of friends.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to eat crop? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: I come from a big family, so first knock me on that. Secondly, I come from a small town, and they are all big followers. As anybody does anything from a small town, you support them.
Speaker 3: So yes, hundreds, I would say, like.
Speaker 4: Probably close to two hundred people on any given day of something big happening, whether it's the World Series or the big.
Speaker 3: Signing, I do get text hundreds.
Speaker 4: And it's funny that Dave tries to pull this out because his fifty followers. He's really jealous that I've got two hundred followers and he's.
Speaker 3: Got a sports show. How does la put you?
Speaker 4: How do you get to hold a Dodger's icon on this thing when you got fifty people listening right now, I'll have you my two hundred and fifty, two hundred and fifty people listening.
Speaker 1: Number One, you made me break the cardinal rule of giving up the mic. That's number one rule in broadcasting. Never give up the mic when you're doing Boise State play by play.
Speaker 3: Just remember that I'm a jack rabbit, so thank you.
Speaker 4: My wife was a voice of Say Bronco, but I'm a South Dakota State jack rabbit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go back to the text.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of close personal friends of Blake Tryning when you won the World series. When you won the World Series? How much did your phone light up when you got back to it after the celebration, just the whole experience for you.
Speaker 4: I had over five hundred text messages and it took me three days to respond and I was fried. But I did my best to respond to everybody. And the hard part is is, because you know, like you got God puts a lot of good people in your life, you want to you want to respond to everybody, and then uh, they're they want to start asking questions about what it was like. And so then it's like, hey, guys, just give me a couple of weeks and I'll talk as much as you want.
Speaker 3: I just I need to. I need to kind of like calm down a little bit. So but it was great.
Speaker 4: It's really it's really kind of a cool thing to see that many people who are enjoying following your career, and uh, but it is it.
Speaker 3: Was quite a bit afterwards to to.
Speaker 4: Get your mind reset and have some like, you know, mental clarity because it's it's winning World Series amazing. It's crazy you don't think about how much it zaps your energy after it's done, Like how you don't really think about how much you're getting tired through it when as soon as that final pitch is done.
Speaker 3: I remember getting on.
Speaker 4: The plane, I can barely walk, and I was like mentally tired and felt like I had a hip replacement. It was just so weird, but uh, it was just it is just from like the extensive workload, you know, in that Game five, probably which I still felt good when I was pitching, but afterwards, I remember doing the parade and I was like getting my hip worked on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where are the off season? I'm getting my hip worked on?
Speaker 2: So I think back to that World Series.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Freddie's Grand Slam is a moment in time that will be forever remembered. But and I know there were a lot of great moments, but for me personally, the second moment that flashes into my mind is when Dave Roberts came to the mound in Game five and Freddie Freeman believed in you. Dave Roberts believed in you, and you believed in yourself. Do you remember that moment or is that one of those blackout type of things where you're in the mid and.
Speaker 4: I, you know, I've not really had a lot of the time to talk to Dave about it, you know, like he's he's right and coming out right there.
Speaker 3: But I remember seeing him in a moment like, frick, Dave, like, what are you doing out here? Like I gotta know.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to like pitch around him a little bit because Stanton's a better matchup even though he's on fire. I used my strengths. It's a better matchup if I execute. And uh, when he came out, he's like he gave me like the hands. I was like, hey, calm down, I just want to talk and I haven't made my mind up yet. So he comes out and talks to me, and then we were.
Speaker 3: Good to go.
Speaker 4: And then Freddie Thing came into play after the first pitch to Stanton because I go to third base, so Stam pops up to right field, Mookie Mooky grabs the ball, throws it into to the lead base. I'm looking at Max, like Max, give me the ball, and Max throws me the ball, and I just walked to the mount and I'm like, if he.
Speaker 3: Was willing to put me in for more batter, then one pitch is.
Speaker 4: In the issue, Like it's gotta be He's gotta be thinking that it could have been a five or six pitch at bat, So I got four or five pitches here to make this one happen.
Speaker 3: And I just got on the mount and I didn't.
Speaker 4: See him coming out on my peripherals, and I was like, yes, because I wanted to make sure that I did my part to clean up the ending as best as I could and give the next guy whoever was coming in and know it's gonna be Walker th that's gonna be HTTI a clean inning to finish the game instead of a one plus. And finding out afterwards that Dave was kind of on the top step trying to figure out if you wanted to and Freddie gave the hands down and like, hey, back off, like I think you know the best move here is.
Speaker 3: But that means that means a lot to me.
Speaker 4: That my my my stat like my coaching staff and manager and my teammates, you know, still thought that I was the right guy, because I believe I was for that moment, and but it means more when you know that they think the same thing of you.
Speaker 1: So, how did this offseason feel compared to when you wanted in twenty Obviously the world is a lot different, but you finally got to experience a parade in LA You got to experience everything that comes with winning the World Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great. It was really cool.
Speaker 4: You know, I think you get recognized more, which is you know, like a blessing an a curse. Right, It's like, yeah, sometimes you just want to blend in and just be with the people without being recognized a little bit. But at the end of the day, it's like, it's pretty cool to see how many people cherish that World Series in the LA area, even I mean nationally globally, it doesn't matter where I'm at right now.
Speaker 3: I walk around and people were like, oh, like, congrats on the World Series.
Speaker 4: I remember going to a Boise State football game to go watch Ashton Gent because I had to go see him in person, and I walking up the steps and I had like five or six people just like, yo, congrats Champ, congrats Worlds.
Speaker 3: I'm like the he I thought my buddies were playing a prank on me. Like, I'm not used to being recognized in public.
Speaker 4: But I mean I easily ten fifteen times at that game, and it's not even like a baseball town, so it's kind.
Speaker 3: Of nuts to me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, it's been a little bit different. The worst part probably about it all, was seeing my contract release before.
Speaker 3: Before I got to do anything about it.
Speaker 1: By that guy in Houston. Yeah, I'm random Blake tryinging source.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on a zoom call with a guy in Dallas. It was weird, weird, right, really weird.
Speaker 1: I was enjoying my steak dinner. I didn't want that to pop up. I started getting my phone buzzed. Then I sent you the screenshot of the tweet.
Speaker 4: Well, I've heard from a lot of people. Yeah, my last one was fine, Dave. Before we started talking, we start talking. All of a sudden, you start leaking. You know what, I know Brandon Gums is around here somewhere, and I'll make a phone call to free Friedman.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna compliment you before we backed out of here. The last time I saw you the you know obviously you know the world. Yes, I'm going to compliment you right now.
Speaker 3: This is good.
Speaker 4: You're trying to smooth things over. You see these people. This is how you get the foot out of the mouth.
Speaker 1: This is the great Blake trying and spin. He couldn't confide in his favorite media member.
Speaker 4: Didn't have to you already had it. How can I confide if you already have the information I was.
Speaker 2: I was relaying to you what was out there publicly.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do a do you have a Twitter?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, do a Twitter? Fan pool was Dave the Mole.
Speaker 1: I have a radio show and people are going to listen to this and they won't respond.
Speaker 4: I need I need a poll. Somebody put a pole up, is Dave the Mole?
Speaker 3: Yes or no? And we'll let the people decide.
Speaker 1: I want you to come in studio and take a phone calls, or I could come to your bungalow here in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't have a bungalow. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, if we can work out a day for the studio and take phone calls, well, we'll just we'll do a roast Dave on on on air, like anytime that you guys all these years, you guys have listened to Dave if you've been you know, kept your sanity enough over the last like, however many years have been able to follow him?
Speaker 3: For how long you've been doing this?
Speaker 2: This is my fourteenth season.
Speaker 4: I wont to know how many people have followed for more than three straight That's what I want to know who's the diehards?
Speaker 2: So many, so many.
Speaker 3: This will be good, this will be good.
Speaker 4: We get on the phone, I want to hear the best and the worst of Dave.
Speaker 2: What you'll be on a headset.
Speaker 4: I don't I've ever been in a studio. It's like it's like you're saying, Oh, you threw a good pitch. Yeah, it's called a fastball.
Speaker 2: Damn, Keyk's back to.
Speaker 4: Knows Hey, KEYK, you think he's a mole?
Speaker 3: Do you think he's a mole?
Speaker 4: Somebody looked to my contract before before I got to tell my family.
Speaker 3: Guess who was in Dallas.
Speaker 1: It's some guy in uh while with Tosa.
Speaker 3: Like three months before.
Speaker 4: Damn, dang, dude, dang, he's got nothing, people, He's just laughing through the pain.
Speaker 2: Who brought who decided to bring back Keek?
Speaker 4: I mean together he and I have won two World Series with the Dodgers's.
Speaker 1: Right, the trifecta. How many of you month see Blake trying key K Hernandez.
Speaker 4: The only World series that the daughters have been to since I've been here have been with me and KEYK, and.
Speaker 3: We've won them.
Speaker 4: Just saying MOOKI as well MOOKI also, I can't I can't leave muk out.
Speaker 3: Let's fall.
Speaker 2: You look refreshed.
Speaker 3: I think I just burnt all my energy out right now.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I just boosted the morale of the Dodgers anchor of the bullpen. This will get you through at least the next three days.
Speaker 3: We paid seventy two for an anchor.
Speaker 1: He loves David Vasse already. By the way, Yeah, you should be nervous.
Speaker 3: You guys are two peas of a pod. Two peas in a pod deflectors.
Speaker 2: That's not true at all. I feel like I'm being a cuth you Dave.
Speaker 4: Hey, I think the people are ready for this show to end, and we'll pick up for the next one.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is just one segment. I still have a lot of show left.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, who's the next guy?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll recap the buffalo talking to No I'm gonna talk to the fans now. This is you're the centerpiece of the show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, just so you know, you'll never wear my glove. But I got to hold your microphone.
Speaker 1: Damn, I can't wait to get a nice pearl baseball, says two time World Series champion Blake trying it.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna sign up til I retire, so hopefully it says four times I love it.
Speaker 3: That'd be cool. Why why what?
Speaker 4: You don't try to make it sound like it's a bar to anybody.
Speaker 2: Else, Like I said, that's special to me.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, have a good one day.
Speaker 4: I feel like, man, this is like, this is like people who don't know how to say goodbye SORRYO over and out.
Speaker 2: Over and out. Blake, Wow, that was a lot.
Speaker 1: Blake Trining, great guy, great interview, and obviously very very combative when it comes to me. He always wants to try to hold me accountable. And I guess I'll open up the phone lines right now. I don't do Twitter polls, Blake Trining, There's a bigger world out there outside of Twitter. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Do you believe me or do you believe Blake Trinan who was trying to say on the mole that leaked his contract being signed with the Dodgers to some random.
Speaker 2: Houston TV anchor.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean come on eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy and uh, let's start out in Sherman Oaks Oggi, you're on Dodger Talk. Can you believe what Blake Trinon was trying to accuse me of?
Speaker 6: I tell you a shocked shocked I was. But this is my theory. This is who I think it was. I think it was someone by the Day by the name of David Mole. Say, don't ask my source, but you're not helping. That's when he didn't directly accuse you. Different initials. But you know, maybe you know.
Speaker 1: And when you see Blake trying to pitch, is that the uh? Is that the personality you expected to hear?
Speaker 6: Oh? Absolutely, you see the break on his pitches. A guy like that has to be has to have a mind like that.
Speaker 1: He broke off a few sliders on me. Man, Wow, that was That was not the interview I thought was going to take place. But you know, Blake grabbed the microphone from me. But yeah, he's a great guy. And certainly when people look back, Aggie, like yourself at the World Series and Blake trying it will be one of those guys that people will remember and say without him.
Speaker 2: We do not win.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. I mean you talk about defining moments that that last thing that he pitched was a defining moment along that long, beautiful journey.
Speaker 2: For sure, What did.
Speaker 1: You have for about it before I before I started to take this impromptu poll that Blake Trent and wanted, I totally understand.
Speaker 6: I want to speed that along, and I promise not to grab the microphone. You can hold it right there. We're good. What I wanted to talk about and this was something that you touched on and I just want to expand on. It is that window of time that the Dodgers are in right now. For me as a fan, having grown up watching the Dodgers through the seventies, through the eighties, the nineties, the drought, the McCourt years, this wonderful time we're experiencing now. This Dodgers squad really has a chance if things go right in the sense of being healthy and being put in a position to really establish themselves as a dynasty in the same breadth of the nineties Chicago Bulls, the Jeters and Yankees, those the New England Patriots, those kind of dynasties where people look back ten years down the road, twenty years later and they go, wow, we were so lucky to see that and experience that, And to me, that is what is most special about what the Dodgers are doing and how they continue to grow and they're not about tearing it down. They retool. And we've been so fortunate from the standpoint of them finally getting in the series in twenty seventeen to see them beat the Yankees. Now have two World Series in four years. I mean, the Giants won three and four years from twenty ten to twenty fourteen and from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. The Dodgers have two. But the Dodgers have a chance to build on last year's success and really stripe for immortality.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, You're right, Augie, and I think the players understand that as well. Thanks for the phone call, appreciate it. And look, even Blake Trenton said it. He signed up for two more years. He said he wants to be a four time World Series champion by the time it's all done with Hey, Blake tried and wanted to know anybody that has hung with me for more than three years. I found somebody Isabelle in Anaheim. You are that person that has hung with me for three straight years and.
Speaker 9: More maybe by over twenty years. Bling with chill and Doug too.
Speaker 2: That's right, Isabelle.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show Blake trying to your name and that you have been very loyal to me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you will. And I do believe you. You did not break So I do believe you, David I and yeah, usually give give him my phone in bitter I will. Yeah, I was it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to call you with Blake trying it on speakerphone. Isabelle, you better be right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah you got. You can get my numbers from calling or give my numbers from Petro. Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got your number, Okay I would.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, but listen. The thing I do want to say is let this stop with this dog is winning one hundred and twenty game people. Okay, I listen. They will win the division. It's not easy, you know, to win back to back. Hey, if they can win back to back, I'll be.
Speaker 6: To this.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it's a good season.
Speaker 2: But busy.
Speaker 1: I got news for you too. I got I got breaking news for you as well. Last week, speaking of Joe and Doug, I had lunch with Doug Recorian and he is stay one years young. Are you shocked that Doug Recorian is still walking this earth.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not, but yeah, you say that last week. How is Doug fight away?
Speaker 1: He hasn't changed, Isabelle. He misses you.
Speaker 9: Terrible well time high you could give it my number two. I missed, Doug.
Speaker 1: I will, I will, Isabelle, thank you for the phone call and thank you for your faith in me and my honesty. Yeah, how do you think that would go over? If I if I gave Blake Trening, Isabelle and Anaheim's phone number, or if we dowed her together speak her phone? I guess I can get her number from Ronnie Colin, Kate's Petros money. They all have her number. We'll see if that happens anyway. That'll do it for us tonight. In case he missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. You will hear from us again on Thursday at eleven thirty as we will have Dodgers on deck getting you ready for first pitch of the Cactus League opener between the Cubs and Dodgers from Camelback Ranch twelve oh five. First pitch. Rick Monday and Tim Nevertt will have the play by play for you and it should be a fun spring training and it certainly will be a great ride in twenty twenty five. Thanks to Ronnie Fascio for all his help. Thanks to Blake Shrining for entertaining us tonight. Are you not entertained?
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: We will talk to you on Thursday. Have a great rest of your night. Fox Sports Radio with Jason Smith is next. Have a great night, Seeya