Speaker 1: And it's the Ben and Skin Show and we are on the road at the Chalk Tak Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma, doing our show here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. If you're anywhere near this board, get up here now, have a fun week. And you know they do the Lucky in Love on Saturdays all throughout February and March, and that is your shot to win your share of one point eight million dollars. But you gotta be here having fun using that Choctaw Rewards Club card in order to have a chance to win. We're gonna get into the sports stuff of the Metroplex coming up here in thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We are the home of Dallas Mavericks basketball.
Speaker 1: You hear the games on our station, and we have some tickets to give away for the MAVs Pistons game, and we like to give those away to people who listen to the show, the whole show, and have the iheartstreaming app. So if you have that app, you can use the talkback feature and leave a voice message with your name, your phone number, and your email address and the answer to this question. We will take the fourth person that has the right answer and the opening segment. Ben's son texted him and asked him if he had ever heard of a classic TV show? What was the name of that TV show? If you were listening, you know, and you can win those tickets right now. Good luck air body, right now, it's time for this juicy moves Hot God, come.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the shovel. All right.
Speaker 5: So yesterday we talked about the death of Gene Hackman, the actor ninety five found in his house.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have people, just when you randomly interact with people, have they brought up the Gene Hackman death to you in a way of like.
Speaker 3: What is going on with that death? Have y'all had any of that?
Speaker 4: Yes, a lot of conspiracy, a lot of people wondering how it went down the way it did. People have theories who died first? Was their suicide? Did nobody feed the dog all that?
Speaker 1: I had the same security guard stop me at two different points in the evening last night at the mav game to.
Speaker 3: Talk more about it.
Speaker 1: They were so there's like, I just keep bumping into people that are very wrapped up in this controversy.
Speaker 5: I have not interacted with anyone outside of you guys in the last twenty four hours. And my wife didn't know who he is.
Speaker 4: So what about it?
Speaker 3: The landfill in Melissa was nobody talking about it.
Speaker 5: It wasn't really you know, there's more like can we get this brush into the thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah the compactor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, into the compactor. Yeah, I'm not sure how it works.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what point is Obviously you're gonna get some commentary from other people in that world, including Christina's got the audio for us. Here, here's Bill Murray.
Speaker 6: He was a tough not Geene Hackman, but he was really good, and he was really difficult. Older great actors do not give young directors much of a chance.
Speaker 2: They just they're really rough on im.
Speaker 6: And Gene was really rough on West and I used to I used to kind of step in there and just.
Speaker 2: Try to defend my friend.
Speaker 6: I watched him once do like twenty five takes where he did it perfectly with an actor who kept blowing it every single time big long camera moved and painting.
Speaker 2: All this stuff.
Speaker 6: Geane would do it perfectly, the other actor would blow it, and I'd go, like I was watching Quinn, No wonder this guy, this guy wants to throttle people, and then he sort of gave just a sort of an ordinary performance and the other actor got it right, and I thought Jeene was gonna throw the guy off the village ledge of the building.
Speaker 7: Cluk.
Speaker 2: So he was a great one.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is the weirdest compliment ever. He complimented him, but he basically said he is a tremendous a hole.
Speaker 3: He's a hard ass.
Speaker 1: And there's an irony to that because there are so many people that have worked with Bill Murray that say he's impossible to work with. So there's an irony to that. So I couldn't help I haven't seen ten and bombs in a long time. I couldn't help it sit there and go man, it was Luke Wilson that was screwing it up right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was sitting there wondering what scene, what it meant?
Speaker 1: And I remember some scenes with Luke Wilson on the roof, but I don't remember scenes with Luke Wilson on the roof with Hackman. I'd have to go back and watch it again. Maybe Christina remembers, uh, but.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I definitely want to go back and watch tenn and baumbs now and see if I can find the moment specifically that he's talking about.
Speaker 4: I had never heard that about Gene Hackman. I didn't know that he was one of those guys that you hear that about a lot of people. And Bill Burry was painting the picture that a lot of the elite actors are like that, yeah, get it right.
Speaker 3: But you know, I could see that be prepared, get it right now. Costner.
Speaker 5: Kevin Costner goes on the Rich Eisen Show out there in la And when I watched this for the first time, I immediately thought that Kevin Costner was lying.
Speaker 1: I don't think Kevin Costner has ever said a truthful thing in his life, because there's a.
Speaker 5: Part of it where he kind of pauses at the end. You'll hear I've trimmed this down a little bit, a little over a minute, but here's Kevin Costner telling a story from Gene Hackman on The Unstoppables.
Speaker 8: You know, people ask all the time, you know, who's the best actor, who's the biggest star, who's the blah blah blah. But I would say probably Jane was the best actor. I think Sean Connery is the biggest star I'd ever worked with and that's the Untouchable. Yeah, and A. This is too long of a story, but I had one with Gene. When this scene came up. We had been doing every scene to that point. Around a desk. I said to the directors, look, I don't I don't feel like it's right. Gene hackmanstand and are listening. I feel like it's over here. And it was like no one was saying and the director and I really butted heads on it. Finally, for whatever reason, Jeane's just like listening, and finally, for whatever reason, I said, I don't care.
Speaker 2: It's here.
Speaker 8: And I hated to do that, but I just said it's here, and I don't need all of our scenes here.
Speaker 2: It's here. Sure, So we.
Speaker 8: Did it, and at one point there was saying, well, what's Gene going to do? And I said, Gene, we'll figure out what to do because he's really good. So I do the scene and we do it all day and it's the scene now that's in the movie. And I remember as I was walking out to my car, Jane was getting in and goes, hey, we'll talk to you, and I walked over and goes, look, man, if you ever do that in front of me again. I'm just gonna the way you disrespect, I'm just gonna try. That's not what he said. That's what I thought he was gonna say.
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 8: He looked at me and he said, hey, uh, you know, it's been I went through a divorce. I've been doing a lot of kind of questionable movies lately. When I saw you fighting for what you wanted today, he said, it reminded me of how I used to feel about acting. He says, it was good what you did, and then he just got in his car and drove off.
Speaker 1: All right, it's amazing, I went and uh, I looked, because so the movie he's talking about is No Way Out? What he's talking about the Intouchable? Is you talking about Sean Connery movie? Because I think the only movie that Costner did with Hackman is No Way Out?
Speaker 3: Unless I'm forgetting, you're correct.
Speaker 1: And I do remember a lot of scenes in No Way Out where it's in the Senator's office and so he is sitting behind a desk and all this kind of stuff. But the the act the director was Roger Donaldson, which is not some name I recall for a bunch of films or whatever. But if you go back to nineteen eighty seven, that's you know, he's not the monster that he would be four or five years later by the time Dances.
Speaker 3: With Wolves came out, or three or four years later.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting that he was that convicted and bull headed around no because like Untouchables was big for him. No Way Out, but like I think Bull Durham came after that, right, I think Filed Dreams came after that. In my mind, No Way Out came out before those movies. So it's kind of interesting that he always was that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it, you know. I think it's great that he had a passion for it.
Speaker 1: You yeah, I mean he directed film, so you know you got to be that Yeah, guess you know.
Speaker 4: I saw dead Zel talking about him too, and they were in Crimson Tied Together and the interview the Quest, and this was a long time ago. The interview was something like, Sozel was that intimidating to do that movie with Gene Hackman, you know, and and he's like, man, I'm He's basically I'm paraphrasey. He was basically I'm Denzel, like I'm in prime Denzel tea. And it was interesting the way he talked about it was like a basketball player, like like an athlete, or like being unintimidated. He was like, he goes, Man, you know, I think all of the best actors in the world think they're the best actors in the world, and so any of us are like, we embrace the opportunity to be with other great actors because we're like, you're not better than me. Yeah, I'm better than you. Let's get on camera and see who's better, he goes. I think it just brings out the best of all of us. But I think it's cool to hear all these people after the fact talk about Gene Hackman with so much love. I don't know that you're gonna hear this type of thing when when God forbid one day, No, when what's his name? Does his rival, Gene Hackman's rival Michael Michael Kain, When Michael Kaine dies, you'll hear a lot of people go, man, he was he he acted. Yeah, But you won't hear this outpouring of respect and love and admiration network. I'm just saying I've noticed it.
Speaker 5: It's palpable, Okay, I just want to say it takes a special kind of person to be asked about Gene Hackman to make the whole thing about yourself.
Speaker 4: That's true, that's true. But but keep in mind that's an.
Speaker 3: Old I was kidd to say with Bill Murray, these are old clips.
Speaker 4: They're old, they are Yeah, he didn't just.
Speaker 7: Know that heart.
Speaker 1: Bill Murray and Kevin cost didn't run out yesterday to be on talk shows to talk about Gene Hackman within twenty four hours of his controversial I thought that big of a deal, right, No, a big deal.
Speaker 4: I've seen them. I've seen these before. Yeah, they're recirculated.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, let's do this man. Let's talk a little sports next. There was a game last night. Jerry shocked people in Indianapolis. There's lots of sports to get to. And we'll do it next right here from the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort and Durant.
Speaker 3: But Ben, look to your left, right.
Speaker 4: How about this very exciting? Anytime we're at the Chalk Talk Casino Resort, Durant. We touched by with our guy Thomas O'Sullivan's in charge of the marketing at here. Thomas. What is going on, brother? How you doing, Holly.
Speaker 7: To I'm doing really good, man, It's been a great day. It's a beautiful day to come down and see us here at chalk Taw. We got you guys. This is the best time to come see you guys live and in person.
Speaker 4: Hell yes, we love it here. And we've just noticed the vibes. People walking around. They're happy. Like here we are on a Friday. People are just at the beginning of instead of having a boring weekend at home. They drove right up the road from DFW. Now they're in Durant, Oklahoma, and they're about to have an incredible time. You could just see people smiling. They're about to have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 7: I have a thirteen year old, as he would say, the vibes are immaculate. You gotta love it. You know, this is a great day. We have lucky in love going on. So we're giving out two hundred thousand dollars every Saturday. People are earning entries. We're gonna start awarding prizes later today. Like this is it. This is the prime time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I just want details. Right there to my right is the rewards club desk. And in order to get down, you gotta have the Chalktaw Rewards Club car.
Speaker 3: So explain what all that is now, it works for people.
Speaker 7: So the Rewards Club card is your passport to everything chalk Taw. So we'll get all your information. We're able to get you signed up and send you emails let you know all the cool stuff that's coming. And really our chalk Taw Rewards members are the first to know. All you have to do is have an ID. It's totally free, and you get credit for your play, You get credit for your purchases when you stay in our hotel. All of those get you reward credits. You can work your way up in the program. You also earn entries for all of these amazing drawings and giveaways that we're doing here on the property.
Speaker 4: All right, So let's say somebody in Dallas Fort Worth's listening right now, and they're like, all right, I'm Peanut, Butter and Jelly, I want to be up there. How far in advance do you need to make your decision to come up here to chalk Talk and see the casino and resort and durant, Like, can you still get a room? Can you still get reservations? How far in advanced you need to be.
Speaker 7: Really, it is always open. We've always try and keep something on the market. You know, big shows coming up like Riba and Dancing with the Stars, we might sell out on those nights. So I definitely recommend as soon as you see a show you want book your hotel for that night. That's the best way to make sure you have a room.
Speaker 3: Can I can you promise me I can play black jack with Riba.
Speaker 7: I can't make any promises, but I will definitely do my best for you, my friend.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be, you know, needy or anything, but I don't know. It just feels like it'd be a whole heck of a lot of fun. Okay, great, So Lucky in Love is going on, so we're tomorrow is March the first, so we have a whole other month left on Lucky and Love.
Speaker 7: Right, that's right, We've got a whole other month of Lucky in Love. So it's another one million dollars in prizes coming up throughout the month. So every Saturday is two hundred thousand dollars in prizes. You don't want to miss those opportunities every time you walk in. Though you're earning entries and you're increasing your chances of winning on Saturdays.
Speaker 4: Man, it's amazing. We're so happy to partner with the greatest fun factory anywhere in the region. This place is so much dang fun.
Speaker 2: Heckya.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your partnership, thank you for believing in us, and thank you for showing all of our listeners a great time up here.
Speaker 7: We appreciate you, guys, as we say in chalk Taw yacko key for joining us. It is a pleasure to have you, and we look forward to having you many many more timesh.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, you can't just drop that, Cleve.
Speaker 7: Did you say yacko key yaco key and that means that means thank you.
Speaker 4: And jo I'm gonna start rocket jacko.
Speaker 1: It's a lot like the great James Ingram song Yamo be there, but it's shacko key there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there, you go. Very nice. All right, you heard the man. There's a lot of great things coming on going on up here. Go check out the concert calendar, book a data at a show, or just come up on a whim and make a weekend really special at the chalk Taw Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma.