Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty. Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a Friday, February twenty. First, it's a Foody Friday at A twenty. We do it for Foody Friday with Neil and I have a very deep, deep question that I have for Neil starting the segment. Not going to share it with you. This is a tease, see to get you to listen. It is a question of great import. Also, looking at some of the news, the Senate yesterday confirmed Cash Patel is FBI director. Of course they did, because it really doesn't matter if Cash Pattel is a lunatic and hates the FBI more so than any FBI director that I can ever remember. But for example, he wants to clean out closed down FBI headquarters. That's what he said in Washington, d C. And that is the.
Speaker 3: Hoover Building, right you bet, j Edgar Hoover.
Speaker 2: Building, and he wants to change it to what is historically correct, and that's the j Edgar transvestite building.
Speaker 3: A little bit of historical background for you. So let me move to matter of fact. Let me move the administration on what's going on.
Speaker 2: The response to Trump being elected I've never seen anything like in all of the years that I've been looking at presidential elections. And one of the responses and people are I mean, people are more engaged in what this election is about on both sides.
Speaker 3: And you have to only look around and not live under.
Speaker 2: A rock to realize that the people that hate him really hate him, that people that love him really love him. And one of the offshoots, one of the chapters of all of this is a number of people who say they are leaving the United States because of Trump and are actually leaving now. The reality is a lot of celebrities say they are leaving. They said they're leaving the first time around, and they're now saying they leave. They're lead definitely leaving this time around. A few have left. Eva Longoria has left, a few others have bailed out. But for the most part, everybody says I'm leaving, I'm leaving, I'm leaving. Don't but let me tell you what is going on, And that doesn't matter those celebrities. Doesn't matter if some film star leaves, Okay, fine, great, now, let me tell you what is happening. February eighth, the German news magazine Dershpiegel very well regarded report of the max Planck Society, one of the world's top scientific research institution, is experiencing a major uptick in application from American scientists, a brain drain. The president of the Society regards the US as a quote talent new talent pool.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 2: When the Trump administration is cutting billions and funding, for example, to the National Institutes of Help, scientists are leaving scientists who either work for the government or work for institutions that are funded in grants by the government. That is a problem, because that is a real brain drain. Now is that happening. Well, at this point, all we have is a huge uptick of applications and inquiries. By the way, the max Planck Society, here's a bit of historical irony for you. The max Planck Society has been around in Germany for well over one hundred years, if not earlier, and it was from the max Planck Society that still existed in the Third Reich under Nazism, that German scientists left Germany to come to the United States, including Albert Einstein. You know that the majority of scientists who created the atomic bomb were German scientists who had come because of emigration.
Speaker 3: They had to get the hell out. Now their lives were at stake.
Speaker 2: Here, of course, lives are not at stake, but you're also seeing people searching for terms like dual citizenship. You had significant spikes on election day in inauguration day. And let me tell you what's going on personally. I am applying for citizenship for Poland. Now does that mean I'm leaving the United States?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I've always wanted to live in Italy for several months a year, of which I'm going to do. But I am going to be a Polish citizen. I'm going to be the butt of every poll out joke you've ever heard.
Speaker 3: In your life.
Speaker 2: Because I want a EU passport so I can zip and live wherever I want over in Europe. I don't have to worry about American visus because Americans are not going to do well over, not for a while. And so if I have a European passport, of which Poland is a member of the U, I'm home.
Speaker 3: Free American passports.
Speaker 2: I don't know right now, you know it's it's gonna be rough, uh for those of us who have one, and I probably matter of fact, I'm gonna probably use my Brazilian passport when I travel around, even though there are visa requirements. I think it's just just different Americans. You go to France, not so much anymore, but the French used to hate Americans.
Speaker 3: There's still a little bit of disdain. So it's it's a different world. It is.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you from Italy. Aliva, derci baby, Okay, maybe not?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: It is time for Foody Friday with Neil Sabedra and me coming up right after this segment. It's asked handle anything, which is always fine, all right, Neil, Yes, we do Foody Friday. I have a very deep philosophical question. Oh boy, since birds are killing us now right, well, it's or we're we're on pandemic. Yeah yeah, So what's going to kill us first? The chicken or the egg?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's what you want to lead with. Oh, I don't know, I don't know. I do know that one of the questions that I've been asked a lot lately is how come egg prices are going up? One of the reasons is the Avian flu. The second is just you know, economic inflation right now, and that's where we are. But the the avian flu has been a huge part of it. You know that they have to proactively kill a lot of egg laying hens because of concern about the avian So if one gets it, then to protect other parts of the flock, they actually have to destroy it.
Speaker 2: Going back to my joke, which turns only out to be half a joke, is actually yes.
Speaker 3: Sometimes a quarter of a joke.
Speaker 2: You would think that because of the culling of the flocks, I mean the destruction of.
Speaker 3: Entire flocks, millions, millions, Why.
Speaker 2: Aren't the the chickens that are used, you know, the cooking chickens, eating chickens, Why aren't they affected like the eggs?
Speaker 1: Okay, there are two types of chickens. So the hens that lay the eggs are egg laying hens. The other chickens that we eat or you're going to get your rotisserie chicken, and those prices aren't going through the roof or anything. They are roasters. They're two different chickens. And not only are they two different chickens, but they are raised differently as well. So the hen laying or the egg laying hens tend to be in migrant they're in tighter quarters, they're older because you're using them for longer. You're not killing them for meat. Now you're killing off the roaster chickens at a young age six eight weeks whatever it is, and so they're not living long enough to often catch this. Plus they're not in the migratory paths of certain birds that are carrying the disease over, so it's not hitting them. It hits them a little bit, but it doesn't hit them to the degree, so it's not passed along to us in any way, shape or form, because they're not being destroyed the same way. So you can still go out and get chicken or you know, we had the Super Bowl, people were going out get chicken wings. Totally different situation. The birds that the hens that are laying the eggs are around much longer. They're in different quarters and they come across other birds depending on where they are. And you know what's nuts. I mean, we're down to I don't know, one hundred million egg laying birds right now or something. We almost have to have one egg laying chicken per person in the United States to be at.
Speaker 3: The normal rationship.
Speaker 2: That's three times.
Speaker 1: But isn't that insane? Like it takes that's about what it is. It's somewhere around three hundred and let's say eighteen three hundred and twenty million hens, and we're around one hundred and some odd million ring.
Speaker 3: But you know you're right. For example, you still get the rotistary chicken.
Speaker 2: We talked about that earlier this morning at Costco, and the other day I was at Costco because I'm always at Costco, and I know you buy a rotissary chicken, it's still five bucks and they.
Speaker 3: Give you a thermometer they throw it in.
Speaker 1: It is well, that's a lost leader of course for them, of course, but it is. People do get confused when they say, well, aren't we killing off the chickens? And how come we're able to get decent prices When you look at eggs.
Speaker 3: We just paid.
Speaker 1: Nine dollars or something for eggs at the local grocery store for a dozen eggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty crazy. That's nine bucks. What should they be considering inflation.
Speaker 1: Around three dollars? I think three fifty? Yeah, I mean that that could still be Yeah, that would probably be about the norm, maybe maybe even a little lower. They can be very inexpensive when we are in complete balance.
Speaker 2: So how long does it take to bring back the flocks to the point where we hit normal production?
Speaker 1: You know there, I've seen different and read different different timelines as to what it would take. But we're definitely not going to turn it around overnight. I mean you're looking at I was reading about someone breaking down how a lot of people want to start their own little egg farms in their in their backyard. A lot of people are doing that, and they're even saying don't buy an adult chicken or hand to raise them from chicks, to control their environment and how they're raised in all of those things. So it does take to get to maturity to start laying eggs does take some times, and of course you know that's part of the egg laying processes as well. They're just not eating them, they're fertilizing them. And and when you have a shortage, now you're using some of those eggs to create more.
Speaker 2: You are you using less eggs in your life? I am?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we go. I've got an eight year old boy, so and I love eggs. I think eggs are a cheap, easy protein and you know, and they're tasty, so but yeah, I eat a little less eggs these days, just you know, but we we still keep them in the house.
Speaker 2: They're still there, all right, Neil, Oh, tomorrow you do the Fork Report.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm broadcasting live tomorrow from Morongo Casino Resort and Spa there in Cabazon. It will be good fun, yep.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to share with you. But Neil and I are in the midst of putting together a broadcast together that we have never done.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about yeah that one. Okay, okay, all right?
Speaker 1: What a tease?
Speaker 2: What a tease?
Speaker 3: I can tease myself anything I can't fine handle.
Speaker 2: Here we in Friday, last two segments with ask Me Anything or ask handle Anything. And we do this every Friday now and we record questions during the week and Cono plays them.
Speaker 3: I have not heard these questions.
Speaker 2: Case of first impressionment is we say in the legal field and I get to answer them spontaneously and usually well you'll hear Cono. Why don't we start and give everybody a taste of asininity? Is that now a verb to asinine?
Speaker 3: All right? Hey, Bill, just wondering what was the most.
Speaker 1: Pivotal moment in your life that really shaped you into the man you are?
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: My circumcision, I was eight days old and I still remember the cutting off of the schwantz. By the way, just a quick little bit of information for you. Do you know that you rarely see Jewish alcoholics very rarely.
Speaker 3: And you know why. I'll tell you why. There's a reason for it.
Speaker 2: Because when a baby is circumcised, usually a male baby, the moil, the guy who does a circumcision, usually a rabbi, gets the kid drunk, literally gets the kid drunk. You dip you a little rag or a little bit of cloth into a into some wine, and the kid suckles on it because kids do. That kid is high, and then there goes the slice. And so here's what happens. And this is subconsciously because you really don't remember. Subconsciously, it's alcohol schaunts being cut, alcohol schaunts being cut. That was a pivotal moment in my life. Let me tell you, God, I remember that took off too much. Actually, okay, let's move on.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bill, is it true that you have a little satchel of jew gold around your neck?
Speaker 3: Just carrious you anti Semite?
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm the only one that can make fun of Jews. Okay, that that one's done. God, I hit anti Semitism, except when I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: What if he was a Jewish guy.
Speaker 2: Then he's self loathing you the way I am. Then that's legitimate. Then okay, moving on, Bill, I.
Speaker 5: Have a question for you. What do you listen to on your way home? Do you listen to KFI? Or do you ever listen to KFI going or coming from home? And will you listen to them on your way home when you move? And if you listen to music, what kind of music do you like?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a good question.
Speaker 2: First of all, I already am in my new home, so I'll tell you what I default to.
Speaker 3: I don't listen to a lot of music.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't listen to a lot of talk radio because, frankly, I think that all of us are miserable. Had if I was the program director, i'd fire everybody and put me on probation. Frankly at this station, because I hear that. I hear a lot, and so I'm involved. You know what, I do listen to a lot of hard news. In case you haven't guessed you yet, I'm a hard news junkie, and so I'll listen on the way. I listen to CNN. I'll listen to Fox. I'll listen to BBC. I read the newspaper every morning, so I do that a lot. But I do Channel Surf. Whenever I want to feel complete hatred towards everybody, I will tune into John COLEBLT. When I want to hear sports that I don't understand at all, I'll listen to Gary and Shannon. But and then music I will listen to. I like Beatles, that sort of thing. The two stations I listen to and Sirious, the Blend and whatever the other one is that plays my kind of mellow music, because I'm a mellow kind of guy. Okay, on see, I don't say I'm telling you I have not heard these questions.
Speaker 3: And that's what makes this so much fun. All right, cono one more before the break.
Speaker 6: Hi, Bill, this is Joan, and I'm headed to Orange County in April, and I'm going to go to the Anaheim White House on your major suggestions, since your daughter got married there, so I wanted to know what I should order there.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 6: I would take your advice and hope that you can offer good Joan.
Speaker 2: All right, Joan, I hope you don't die before April. You sound like you're one hundred and forty, which I get a lot of that handle on the law and what to order an Anaheim White House, I'll tell you what. Virtually everything is good and that's and I'm not kidding. Okay, they have a lost of Ravioli that you will die for. They do seafood. Cono just went and what you ConA?
Speaker 3: What you order?
Speaker 4: Did the buscatinii buukatini?
Speaker 3: That's Michelle? Hey, come on, come on.
Speaker 4: I have a suggestion the paper Dolly Bowlin aise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's excellent, very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Michelle knows her stuff, being being an Italian.
Speaker 3: Forget about it.
Speaker 4: Also, the Secret Service drink was really good.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 4: I don't beverage for over twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't drink, so I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling you that other people that do drink. Yeah, secret Service, Okay, get it is it's at the White House.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's called the Secret Service. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they do great pastas. They also have to have great steaks too. Even though it's northern, a lot of northern Italian and Bruno is self taught.
Speaker 3: He has not had one cooking class in his entire life.
Speaker 4: His mama taught him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his mama taught him. Yeah, he did that right.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bill.
Speaker 6: Considering the price of eggs in southern California, my friends and I are discussing and I need your economic advice.
Speaker 5: Do you think the when the.
Speaker 6: Market recovers from bird flu, if the prices will ever go back to a dollar.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine for a dozen eggs? Help?
Speaker 4: We need your advice.
Speaker 3: No idea, got nothing.
Speaker 1: Next question, Bill, if you had a free trip on that cruise ship with.
Speaker 3: Colbert, would you go Cobalt? Would I go?
Speaker 2: You have no idea how much money I would pay not to go with John Cobalt.
Speaker 3: It's astronomical.
Speaker 2: I have actually traveled with John Cobalt, and I don't know how many years ago. That must have been twenty five thirty years ago. I'm still in therapy over that, by the way.
Speaker 7: Next question, I really enjoyed your podcast, and I was sad that you decided not to do it anymore. But I was wondering more about your mom's side of the family and how she came to Brazil.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a very good Oh, that's a good question. She came to Brazil because my grandmother. Now she came my mom went to Brazil and she came as an infant, my grandma who came from Poland. She was a victim of the Pigrims who that were going this Nazi Germany. Jewish people didn't do very well in Poland, especially it was always Russia Pole and it went back and forth unzer Zar Nicholas, both the first and the second. They just weren't treated well, and there were programs. The Cossacks came around, they just started killing everybody, and so she got the hell out, which is why interesting. I mean, that gives me another offshoot. Good that let me write into the next little segment that I want to give you a little bit of history. The reason that in the Jewish religion, your Judaism, someone's being Jewish flows from the mother, not from the father. From the mother is historically because Jewish women were raped so many times.
Speaker 3: Over the course of history.
Speaker 2: As these programs come through that you could delineate easily a child from the mother you knew came from a Jewish person. With the father you had no idea because of these crazy Cossacks and these military guys who would come in pillage and rape. I mean, it's a horrific story, but there it is. Don't know if that's true or not, but it sure sounds great. I think that is true, by the way. Yeah, I mean I think that is. Is that apocryphal?
Speaker 3: Not really? All right?
Speaker 8: Next question George Northridge. You know, Bill, I know that sometimes you can come across as a pretty harsh person in your opinions, And I'm just curious, Bill, have you ever been in a situation where, you know, if you expressed your opinion and you've angered that said person or person so much that they just got.
Speaker 3: Up and whooped you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good question too, by the way, Georgia, thanks for asking that question. Ironically enough, George Northridge lives in Woodland Hills. I don't know if you knew that. Has anybody gotten up and whooped me? No, they've gotten up and left me. But you know, I'm a pretty big guy. I mean I was six ' one and you know, way in two hundred and while I used to wig up to three hundred pounds, but no, it's now. I used to be six to one. You know how when you get older you tend to shrink. I used to be six to one I'm five foot four now, I mean, there just is incredible shrinkage going on.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna finish it up with that because we have a good time. I had by all. Also, at some point some one will ask me, and maybe I'll share with you next time, and I'll ask myself of all the questions I've gotten on Hand Along the Law.
Speaker 3: I keep in mind, let me tell you how long Hand Along the Law has.
Speaker 2: Been on the air since nineteen eighty five, Okay, I mean that's approaching a long time. I think next week I'm going to share with you the best phone call I have ever had in all of the years that I have been doing Handle on the Law.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, we are done.
Speaker 2: Coming up. It's Gary and Shannon at twelve thirty this morning or this afternoon. Actor comedian TJ. Miller will be their guest. I am back well tomorrow eight to eleven on Handle on the Laws, you know, following Dean Dean Sharp House Whisper afternoon two to five, Well Rich tomurrow after me, and then Neil two to five with the Folk Report, And so Monday it all comes back again. Amy wake up call. She's from five to six. The rest of us are well. Neil and I joined from six to nine, and then Anne. I think Ann comes back today. Michelle. Michelle's been with me for well, she was a producer of this show for almost twenty six years or twenty six years. Let me tell you, when we look at each other, how disgusted we are with each other.
Speaker 3: We went at it way too long.
Speaker 4: And Cono, that's kind of just how everyone looks at you.
Speaker 2: I know, they thank you very much, Cono. You know, Cono one time actually used to be intimidated by me. You know, it's it is a horrific concept. Handle and the Morning Crew kfi A M six forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app