Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: John Caldera, please give me a call. What a desperate sounding man. Call me call sometime. Three h three seven one three eight two five five seven to one three talk. Just trying to put up my latest column onto Facebook.
Speaker 3: And it wouldn't. It wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Why because it says the Government of Canada does not allow news stories on Facebook.
Speaker 3: That's what it said.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm assuming, I'm assuming something's gone a little haywire with Facebook.
Speaker 4: Now wait a minute, John, let's do some math adding up from yesterday. You've took a flight back from Montreal. Are you still logged into like a Canadian IP or something.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, But I don't think so, how could I be? I don't know, Todd, Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I guess I could, uh eh eh, yeah. I don't get it. I don't understand nothing anymore. Three h three seven one three eight two five five. I'll figure it out later. I do miss a lot of the analog days, you know, those those gorgeous days when when the Type A wouldn't work and you knew why. All right, So I still haven't had anyone call me on this one. I'm gonna throw it out one more time and then we can get rid of it. According to the bylaws for the Colorado Republican Party, as I understand them, if enough people in the Central Committee call for a special meeting of the Central Committee, then.
Speaker 3: Then you just have it. And they've called for one.
Speaker 2: It's going to be this Saturday in Brighton at a church with a couple of agenda items. One is to remove the party chairman, Dave Williams. And should he be removed? And who will take his place? So a couple questions I need some help. One, how would you vote on this? Two? If Dave Williams is voted out, but as he says, this is a fraudulent meeting, he doesn't recognize the meeting, then what are you supposed to do? Is there a lawsuit? Who who figures it all out?
Speaker 3: Three or three seven? One three eight two five five seven to one three? Tuck? And what happens after that? What happens after that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I honestly don't know. Now the Republican primaries are over. The Colaudo Secretary of State has said who the winners and losers are of those primaries, and they will be the winners will go on to the general. There you have that, So the Party is not needed for that anymore. That job has been done. The question is will the party be able to help any Republicans? And so you've got other conservative groups trying to raise money for Republican candidates. Lincoln Club of Denver, for instance, great organization, and I know that, but they've got a small donor committee and they fundraise and they choose their own candidates and give money to those. Both the Republican House here in Colorado and the Republican Senate in Colorado have what they call their victory funds. People pour a lot of money into those. Almost no money is going into the party. Let's get to some of these phone calls. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five Out to Denver we go, Michael, glad to have you. You're with John Caldera.
Speaker 5: John, good afternoon. I wanted to call in so that you didn't feel quite so lonely.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It is a sad, terrible thing.
Speaker 5: You do have a great radio show on Saturday mornings, and I urge people to listen to it. If they don't, Uh, And I don't care if you're not, I don't care if you're all that doesn't make any difference to me. So what I am calling you about?
Speaker 3: You have no empathy? You have no empathy?
Speaker 5: Well I'm I'm a Republican. So I I want to spend thirty seconds if I can, on Kamala Harris. Hopefully, and I'm fairly confident that he will. The Trump campaign will start bringing out some of the things that people absolutely do not know or understand about Kamala Harris. This is a woman of the far far, far left, and she's been able to disguise that in the vice presidency because she's had to do nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a functory role for the most part.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So once people understand that she is from San Francisco, she was the mistress of Willie Brown, who was almost a communist, certainly close to one, and that a lot of her friends and relatives and acquaintances are all extreme leftists. I just don't believe that people will vote for now anybody but Trump. That is a problem, that is a real problem in this country, and I'm not quite sure how we can get around it. I agree. I think it was you that said Trump could have won this election. Thursday night, when he gave his acceptance speech at the Republican Convention, I was there. I was a delegate from Colorado for Trump. I believe me, for the four days that we were there, watching this convention in person was the most unbelievable experience of my life. I can tell you that. But Trump had it completely sewn up. Everybody that got on that podium to speak regular everyday people who talked about him personally, what kind of a generous human being he is, and the gold Star families that he spent hours with, knew their children, knew their names, knew what they their goals were, all of that parents of hostages being held in Gaza by Hamas. It was wonderful stuffs. And the first part of his speech, when he talked about what it felt like being almost assassinated, was heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. And then we got into the old Trump. And for me, I like the old Trump, but a lot of people don't, and he's going to have to figure out a way to get those people to come to his side, because we cannot have Kamala Harris, we cannot.
Speaker 3: Have let me. Let me put this out.
Speaker 2: And I said it last yesterday on the air, and people seem to be really hacked off by it. And it's pretty simple. Trump didn't deliver on that speech, and he made a mistake. He gave into his usual tendencies to name call and to meander like Castro giving a speech instead of being disciplined and understanding, he's not talking to you, Michael, because you're going to vote for him.
Speaker 3: You've already on him. He needs to.
Speaker 2: Talk to the people who might vote for him, or they are in the possibility the then diagram that perhaps perhaps they could vote for him. And he didn't do that, And if he did, I think this thing would have been sewn.
Speaker 7: Up had he spoke the way he had been talking before the assassination attempt and even after it, because when he came into that auditorium on Monday, the.
Speaker 5: First night of the convention, he looked tired and worn out, and he certainly looked like a man that had, you know, come to face the face kind of with the with the end of his life. That should change someone, and it did, and a lot of stuff that he was talking about, at least in the news, he seemed to be soft, softer. But I'll tell you, that's a tough crowd there. That is a tough crowd in Milwaukee. And we wanted to hear some red meat and we got it.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, how sad that you got what you wanted because he has your vote, he has your vote, he needs somebody else's vote, and they should have they should have.
Speaker 3: He should have gone for that. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I disagree with you, I don't disagree. Here's the only thing I can say. This guy has gone through a lot, and many people, including myself, have said, you know, if you just get rid of those darn tweets or that to do this, do that, this. He's still on his seat through all of this. He is up against a tough opponent in this woman, I can promise you. And what the Democrats have done to Joe Biden is an absolute disgrace and it's disgusting. And if I hear a Democrats say to me, we're democracy, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to use some pretty bad words. It said a complete and absolute joke. This was a coup. They kicked the guy out. You heard that in his speech last night, when he wouldn't tell any of us what happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we haven't even talked about that speech. What a nothing burger of a speech. You didn't explain in the slightest why you're getting out of this race.
Speaker 5: All he did was talk about all of his accomplishments and why he could have won. Okay, well, then I'll tell you why, because Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama and Chuck Schumer has said to him, you're out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was stabbed.
Speaker 2: It was It was a political assassination. It was killing Caesar.
Speaker 3: I gotta run. Thanks for the call, great stuff.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five seven one three talk. Did you get any from the man from the speech last night? Why he's leaving now? He couldn't say, because my health is not good, because then you hate to have to answer the question why am I sticking around to the end of the year. He he didn't say, well, well, because I'm just not as sharp as He couldn't say that, and he couldn't say the truth, which is there is no path for victory for me. There might be a path for her, So I'm stepping aside. That would have been fine, but he wouldn't even do that. Three h three seven one three eight two five five John KELDERA and for Dan keep it here six thirty.
Speaker 6: K how.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a.
Speaker 2: Staff meeting at Independence and somebody said something, Hey Joe, and another person said.
Speaker 3: I heard you shock your woman.
Speaker 2: Down or something like that, and and all the old people laughed, and no one under thirty.
Speaker 3: They were like, somebody got shot. Phono. Yeah it was. That's why in staff meetings with.
Speaker 2: The young ins, I like to say, oh yeah, I think you guys are the bes knees, just coming up with terms that are so old they'll never understand. I'm John Calderic. Give me a call three or three seven one two five five seven one three chalk. Let's go to the phones. It's got to centennial. Hey Dan, so glad.
Speaker 3: To have you.
Speaker 9: Hey, John, I've got a couple of comments to make here on this. So when they when they meeting the shadow government, they meeting Pelosi and Obama and all the other people running the government. But they figured out that one Biden didn't have the smarts to con everybody and win. And then when they saw the money drying up and the donors pulling the money from the demer Party, that's when they got together with Biden and strong armed him out of there, and they put Kamala in there so they can start raising money again. The all plan to get rid of Biden was that they couldn't if they couldn't manipulate the election with all of their processes they do. He can't cover up, he can't cover up all the games anymore. That the secrets are gonna come out. The Obama wanted him out of the way. And what will happen is is that the very last like maybe Octold non now, maybe October Harris is gonna gonna do the twenty fifth Amendment so that it all goes down right at the end. And they already know she can't win either, so they're already planning for how to get all of this out of the way when when Trump wins, and they think they're gonna claim Biden's a lean to and you can't remember.
Speaker 2: Nothing, So hold up the second here, Dan let me see if I'm if I'm getting your nostrodrama's prediction right. You you think that before the election, Kamala Harris is going to use the twenty fifth Amendment to seize the presidency?
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 9: That is correct?
Speaker 2: I'd be happy to put up some money against that one. I think there is absolutely no shot of that happening.
Speaker 9: I think she's gonna do it and is cheated in there right now so they can keep raving money.
Speaker 3: And why would she do this? What? What? What is her what is her.
Speaker 9: Hope keep a part of that private group where Obama and Nancy and Jeff.
Speaker 2: Okay, assuming she is, assuming she is, what does she gain by that?
Speaker 3: Spell it out for me? What lots of money for? What?
Speaker 5: Help me?
Speaker 3: Talk to me like I'm eight years old.
Speaker 2: Explain it to me that the motivation for her to use a twenty fifth amendment sees the presidency.
Speaker 3: On the eve of the election is what exactly?
Speaker 9: Talk down to me, okay, because they mean the democratic power control of the already. No, she's not gonna win. She can't win. It's impossible. She can't even get two votes. Well, I'm dad ready, but hardly any votes in the initial primary. They just want to make all the DNC money now, and we know her, you just play the roles be the president at the very last, we're gonna we're gonna take Biden now and be crazy. You won't win, and then you're gonna write books and do speeches and travel around and we're gonna make your life nice.
Speaker 2: I still don't understand this in the slightest. Let me let me see if I if I'm understanding what you're telling me that somehow they're gonna raise more money with with Harris then with Biden.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can go for that far.
Speaker 2: But then why do why make her president for for two months?
Speaker 3: Three months? Why?
Speaker 2: What benefit is that? So the DNC gets their money. Are you suggesting that they're not gonna spend any of it if she becomes president for three months.
Speaker 9: They'll spend it, but they will help me out.
Speaker 10: What is the motivation for for this move, either from either from Kamala's point of view or from the rich guys that you think are pulling pulling the strings.
Speaker 3: What is the motivation? And don't just say money? Be specific?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna get okay?
Speaker 9: Ye, so the motivation is yeah, after Trump wins after Trump wins. If you're gonna talk to me like that, after Trump wins and he starts filing, they're gonna claim that Biden is crazy and he had to be called out of there in the twenty fifth Amendment and he doesn't have any knowledge of anything. That is a big dodge.
Speaker 3: I'm still not following my opinion.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's gonna she's gonna be able to get three fourths.
Speaker 3: She's gonna get three.
Speaker 2: Fourths of the cabinet to agree that they need to remove him from power, and by the way, that then needs to be okayed by a congressional vote later. And this is so it changes what it changes nothing. It doesn't change how how much money they get, doesn't change how much money they spend.
Speaker 3: This one just doesn't work. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five seven one three talk.
Speaker 3: I'm John Kelderic keep it right here, six thirty K how.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: John Caldera And for Dan, the number has always three h three seven one three eight two five five. I'll take it just a minute. On the terrible speech our president gave us, yep, we we wanted to know why he's not running for re election. Why it was that five days ago, there was no chance that I'm going to leave this race. He was sure fire, We're in it to the end, and then all of a sudden he's ready to pass it to a new generation. What changed over those few days? Did did did he have a health issue that sprung up? Did did he finally recognize he he can't do the job? Did he realized he was being pushed out of the race by all of his friends in the Democratic Party and the media because they knew he couldn't win against Donald Trump. If so, why not say it in public? But he explained nothing, absolutely nothing. He said this, and I said, the defense of democracy, which is at stake, I think is more important than any title.
Speaker 3: What in the world does that mean? Does that mean you, if you run.
Speaker 2: For president, you're no longer defending democracy. He had an opportunity to reassure us that for the next six months he is up to the job of being president. He had the opportunity to tell the world, don't take advantage of us while I'm a lame duck, because the old man.
Speaker 3: Still has some teeth. But he didn't do that.
Speaker 2: He talked about all of his accomplishments, which of course any politician does anytime.
Speaker 3: They open up the refrigerator and a light turns on.
Speaker 2: He he could have just said, this was a coup by my power hungry Democratic friends. He could have said, I've done the calculus. I doubt I can win, but I know my young, smart, energetic VP can.
Speaker 3: Ever be.
Speaker 2: Could could he just say, you know, all the people around me have gotten tired of hiding the truth about my incredible decline from the voters, and so I can't ask them to do it anymore.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: He can't say those things, because if he did, the follow up question is, well, then why don't you just step down?
Speaker 3: Our last caller seemed to believe.
Speaker 2: That that Kamala is going to take his place using the twenty fifth Amendment, because that's really important. It's possible that a lot of the power brokers decided no, give this opportunity to Kamala because we know she could lose.
Speaker 3: And that clears the field for four years from now.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they think that way.
Speaker 3: There you have it.
Speaker 2: I only sneak down to Colorado Springs and say hello to Matt. Matt welcome. You're with John Caldera. Glad to have you, Matt, Hey.
Speaker 6: John, thanks for taking my call. My pasture quick question, and my question is basically to ask you, could this ever, in any scenario happen. And my scenario is could.
Speaker 11: Kamala goin forces with JFK Junior to bring in five to six percent of the vote in the swing states that he's listed on the ballot.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, she could too much expense.
Speaker 2: She could ask him to be a running mate. She could make him a deal that if he endorsed her and dropped out of the race, that he would be in her cabinet.
Speaker 3: I believe that's why Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump was reaching out by that phone call that was recorded by rfk's staff and then leaked. I think he was trying to find a way to get RFK to endorse him and and say something to the effective, join my team and there's a spot for you.
Speaker 3: So she could.
Speaker 2: There's she'd have to go through the calculations on that. Would RFK bring her one of those needed swing states or some of those swing states. My sense is that Governor Shapiro would probably be a better choice if you wanted Pennsylvania, which she desperately wants.
Speaker 3: Sure, And I just didn't.
Speaker 6: Know if jeff to not being on all ballots would would make a difference.
Speaker 2: You know, it doesn't matter at all if he's on the right ballots, if he's on if he's on the ballot on swing states, and she believes that he's going to pull votes from her, Yeah, that's a good point, to be honest. I am not certain who he pulls votes from. I really don't know. And and also he's crazy.
Speaker 3: The guy. The guy's just nut back crazy. You know.
Speaker 2: While Kamala is just evil, she is a hardcore progressive activist who will use the tools of government to shape the world she wants in the command and control style.
Speaker 3: RFK is just weird. And I don't I.
Speaker 2: Don't see any I don't see any consistent policy formula from him.
Speaker 3: There's nothing that right.
Speaker 2: It's it's like I've this way on that and I'm that way on this, and it's just well because and it's like so many friends, probably you and I have that they emote their ideas and they they want this and that, but they haven't thought why they haven't thought if these things actually are connected in any sort of cohesive, universal political philosophy. My political philosophy grows from a simple belief that individuals to themselves are sovereign.
Speaker 3: They are a nation unto themselves, and from all from that everything else grows.
Speaker 6: But other people, I wonder Americans have lost the ability to think that way in general.
Speaker 3: I think I think so.
Speaker 2: I think those people who command the heights of culture, media, entertainment, education, I have for the last seventy years, I've decided to teach away from individuals to our collective and to say that there are smart people who can engineer your life better than you can.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, sad start well.
Speaker 6: Thanks for singing my twelf.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling the number three h three seven one three eight two five five. I always sneak up to Eerie and sayalo to Mike. Mike, you're with John Caldera.
Speaker 6: Thank good afternoon, John.
Speaker 12: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm fine?
Speaker 12: Thank you, good good.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 12: I've enjoyed listening to you last couple of days. You're doing something different than just reading the Trump talking point, so I appreciate that a little bit of both sides. So hey, I wanted to just maybe help you out a little bit on the collar. Before the break, Who was explaining a theory to you, and you were having a hard time track.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get it. Yeah, if you can help me out.
Speaker 2: His theory is that Kamala is going to use the twenty fifth Amendment to get rid of Biden should become president, that the powers behind the throne want her to do that. And I just don't see what the advantage is to either the powers behind or.
Speaker 3: Or to her.
Speaker 12: That's because you use logic, and he clearly is a Trump supporter based on what he said, and many Trump supporters don't have the ability to use logic. They just take some little conspiracy theory and run with it. And man, that sounds really sexy. But the fact of the matter is he had he had no idea why they why she would do that, And it's just it's frust That's why I get so first, it's.
Speaker 2: Just followers who love conspiracy theories and get very emotional. It happens on all sides, but I'm still trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: You know, one, I don't think she'd be able to do it.
Speaker 2: I do not believe that three fourths of the cabinet would would vote vote to get him out. And of course, if he doesn't want to go out. He brings it to Congress, which is what happens next, and he would have to get trying to remember what percentage of Congress. I think it's three fourths to agree with Kamala so that she could enjoy, you know, three months of being president and destroy.
Speaker 3: Any any chance she has to be elected to anything after.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Actually a better strategy would be that she would stay as vice president and then actually do what Trump had asked Ens to do when it comes time to certify the vote. That would be a better conspiracy theory that the guy may have been trying to articulate. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Perhaps now, if you're gonna go with a conspiracy theory, you don't need much. Thanks for the call three or three seven, one, three eight, two five five In for the Big Man.
Speaker 3: I'm John Calderrek. Keep it right here six point thirty k how.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: A couple of things I wanted to get out. Oh no, that one it's too silly. This one I wanted to get out.
Speaker 3: HMM.
Speaker 2: A graduate student in Laramie, Wyoming in the nineteen nineties, Sharah Mentok spent many weekends hunting for bargains at yard sales.
Speaker 3: She liked books, old books.
Speaker 2: She spotted a book, The Lord of the Isles, a narrative poem set in fourteenth century Scotland. Brilliant green with a flowery red and blue design. This was a cloth bound book written by Ivanhoe. The author Walter Scott, published in eighteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: Wow, it was beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 8: I thought you were setting us up for an author named Angus.
Speaker 3: Thus to check this out.
Speaker 2: She has it for thirty years, It's out everywhere, and then she gets a warning. She saw a news article last year the University of Delaware's Poison Book Project aimed at identifying books still in circulation that had been produced using toxic pigments common in Victorian book binding, including lead, chromium, mercury, and especially arsenic, often used in books with dazzling green covers.
Speaker 3: And she said, wait, I got a book like that.
Speaker 2: So she took the book, wrapped it in plastic, shifted to Delaware. Apparently, it wasn't long before she heard back. The red contained mercury, the blue contained lead. The green cover captured her all those years ago, full of arsenic.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, congratulations.
Speaker 2: She was told from an email, you have the dupious honor of sending us the most toxic book yet. And you see people wonder why I refuse to read books. I'm just trying to save my life. Yeah, this is it.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 2: So apparently about fifty percent of the books that they've tested have been analyzed positive for lead. Chromium shows up in Victorian yellows, mercury in the eras intense reds arsenic, the most toxic of all the chemicals they have found in three hundred books so far.
Speaker 3: That's quite a cocktail. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And so for my mother who might be listening, this is why I didn't read any books in high school because they wanted to kill me.
Speaker 3: They didn't. This was this was just self preservation.
Speaker 2: This is why I watched TV NonStop in my parents' basement instead of doing homework because I'm not gonna I just knew this.
Speaker 3: I knew this. There there you have it.
Speaker 4: So you're a guy John that when somebody says, oh, the movie was good, but the.
Speaker 8: Book is way better, you're like, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see no it's not.
Speaker 2: You know why, because the movie is not poisoning me.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to die from the move. Now talk to me in a year when you have arsenic poisoning.
Speaker 8: Ouch.
Speaker 3: That's yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like a really convoluted episode of like Forensic.
Speaker 3: Files or something. Really, it sounds like a bad murder.
Speaker 2: She wrote, yes, yes, Why why did this woman who who loved books?
Speaker 3: How did you die?
Speaker 2: And then you find out it was her husband who gave her the Arthenic book from from the Victorian age?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 3: And then what's her name? Figured it all out? Jessica Fletcher? How do you know that you don't look ninety? I'm not.
Speaker 8: But my mom and my grandma.
Speaker 3: Loved that show?
Speaker 2: Was that? And I remember as a kid I would watch The Ellery Queen Mystery.
Speaker 3: I think it was on Sunday nights with my father.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what those mystery?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of death around some of these people, like whoever the chick is?
Speaker 3: And murders? She wrote, what's her name again?
Speaker 8: Jessica Fletcher? Yep, Angela.
Speaker 2: You know, if if I knew her, I wouldn't spend any time near her because everyone dies.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't want to go to Cabot Cove, then, is what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not ah, my name is Madlock. Would you like to have a drink? No, I am not talking to you, mister Madlock. No, there's no reading.
Speaker 3: I don't. I'm going to outdate all of you. Because my mom and I used to watch Quincy. I remember, there you go.
Speaker 2: The predecessor to all these CSI shows. That's right, Yeah, it was Quincy, and I remember the beginning when it looks like he's examining a body, and then finally at the last scene they pull out and find out that the body's actually a gorgeous woman in a bikini and they're hanging.
Speaker 3: Out on a boat.
Speaker 13: Because Jack Klugman was such a ladies man, because hot women on sailboats were like, I want to be felt up by a coroner.
Speaker 2: This has always been one of my sex fantasies. Come on over, Quincy and do me upright. I'm John Caldera. Keep it right here, one and only six point thirty k how