Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go with this. Now, come on, come on, come out, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen ride Ryan.
Speaker 2: Okay, welcome aboard on this hump day wild Card Wednesday, Fresh out of Bedheads your head. Kenny the cash Man's gonna go for Windhomber four this morning.
Speaker 1: He's an eight time Hall of Famer. Can you stop him?
Speaker 2: Three of you haven't two more opportunities to get in his way. Chilie put Buzzfest tickets in there to the winner of Freshot of Dheads to your head.
Speaker 1: That's very generous.
Speaker 2: Hey, Wall Nation tickets on your fun Fact flashback from BlackBerry Smoke tickets today on the show. We'll get to those at around seven twenty. I've got Live Collective Soul our Lady Piece tickets at eight twenty, Shine Down tickets. Early in the nine we announced Modest Mouse and Flaming Lips yesterday Chilly put those on Know the show and the other thing that's a wild card, and I say you got this coming up, Alex is this new Chevelle song. It's out there, it's out there, and at some point we're gonna have it for you today on the show. Normally we know what time we're.
Speaker 1: Going to do that.
Speaker 2: We don't as of now. I sent wizards some stuff. I'm like, it's out there. It's on YouTube. There's a lyric video, so we'll give you a little taste of that.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Thirty percent chance of rain today. Cloudy Sky's hies up around eighty two. Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Good morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 3: The Texas measles outbreak continues to grow, with eighteen new cases confirmed over the past five days bring the total.
Speaker 1: Of three hundred and twenty seven.
Speaker 3: According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Nearly all infected individuals are unvaccinated or have unknown vaccination status, and at least forty people have been hospitalized with this Children and teenagers between the ages of five and seventeen account for one hundred and forty cases, while children four and under make up one hundred and five cases. Health officials anticipate additional cases due to the highly contagious nature of measles and are collaborating with.
Speaker 1: Local departments to try and manage the operating.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday aiming to overhaul the US federal election process. The order mandates proof of citizenship for voter registration and requires that all ballots be received by election day. Trump seted past election fraud claims and is seeking to enforce stricter election laws, threatening to withdraw federal funding from non compliance states.
Speaker 1: Critics argue that.
Speaker 3: The measure is both unlawful and potentially unconstitutional, raising concerns that these new requirements could disenfranchise vote especially those who don't have immediate access to citizenship proof.
Speaker 1: Any fun stuff to talk about? Well, do you like coming up with baby names? Well, I don't know that. I'm great at it. I was good at it once. It's like it's fun to like theorize. Oh, like, dog names are.
Speaker 3: Fun to come up with, right because like they don't have to be real people names. But this is one of those instances, because now is your chance to help name the two Internet famous ball eagle chicks from Big Bear. We talked about, We talked about we were watching that live cam the whole time.
Speaker 2: We turned so many people onto these eagles. We weren't the first. It's just we got in you know where you can watch these eagles. They have since hatched and the live cam is still on there, So now we're gonna name the birds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so thanks to a fundraiser by friends of Big Bear Valley for a smaller nation, you could submit your name ideas and finalists are gonna be chosen by a computer before a local elementary student school or local elementary school votes on the winners.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is gonna wrap up on Friday, so get it in why you can? How soon before some he submits eagle Mike eagle face.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming he's probably already been done, okay, if if, if you have an opportunity to do a name.
Speaker 1: That's already been done.
Speaker 3: Okay, But Friday is the deadline to submit, and then whin it's gonna be chosen on April first.
Speaker 1: You gon need a cool certificate if you win too.
Speaker 2: So we have a link up and this is a good chance if those of you that forgot about those bald eagles, you can revisit the live cam.
Speaker 1: Chile has a link up.
Speaker 3: Alex is a gender neutral name. They're they're encouraging and you submit gender neutral names, so good either. Oh sure, so Alex pretty gender neutral? I might submit that the husband of the late Suzanne Summers has teamed up with a robotics company to make an AI twin of her, looks like her and even has her memories and can answer questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait a minute in there, did you say it looks like her, looks like her? No, one doesn't talks like her. Yes, it does and has her memories. Yes, it does. Does not look like her. I thought it did look like.
Speaker 1: Her at all. Go back, it's creepy. Well then, how is it a twin?
Speaker 2: It doesn't look like her at all. This isn't abomination. Yeah, this is why it's bad.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, this is really really bad. Jus Anne Summers was beautiful, you know, and I get it. They did like a younger version of her. It looks nothing like her. I want to get into this today, for sure. We need to spend some time on this today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just read the story and see what she looks like. Yeah, it doesn't look like her at all.
Speaker 3: When it was asked to share a specific memory of a time with her husband Alan Hamill, by the way, it talked about a cooking segment that they filmed together where they had a funny mishap with a Blender. Summers passed away from breast cancer in October of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's her voice and everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't wanting to have a loved one like in some capacity, I understand that, but that's but this isn't a turn on him.
Speaker 1: This is a turn on him.
Speaker 2: This isn't a like a cartoon. It's a it's a her. It's like a moving it's like one of those things. And it's a small world. It's an animatronic.
Speaker 1: It's so it's just like living with him. It's so off, dude, it's off.
Speaker 3: Buzzfest co headliner Chevelle just announced the tour with Asking Alexandria and Dead Poet Society. It's gonna start on August seventh in San Antonio and go through October second. There are no Houston dates though, but if you want to see Chevelle, we got a great show going down Saturday, May twenty fourth at the Woodlands and you can see him at Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: So those are Houston's headlines. This is that new track, Oh it is. It's called rabbit Hole Coward's Part one.
Speaker 1: So it's out there, it's out there.
Speaker 2: We don't technically have a copy here to play on the radio. So that's what that's what Wizard's working.
Speaker 1: On right now.
Speaker 2: Associate if Chili's bopping his head to it, yeah, Oh, he loves Chelle, He's gonna love this. So we're gonna play this at some point on the show today. We just don't know when. But as soon as we get a copy that we can play on the air, we'll share that information, we'll take the calls, we'll do all of that. I saw Theresa had a chance to talk to the guys from Velle. I saw a really good interview with her. That's out there floating around too. Teresa rock Face. All right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 3: Rockets got to win last night?
Speaker 1: They meet the Hawks fourteen.
Speaker 3: Jan Green had thirty two points to lead all players and scoring on the night. And they're gonna have a day off before they play the Jazz on the road tomorrow night. In baseball, the Astros lost to the Sugarland Space Cowboys seven to six last night in an exhibition game. They're gonna open up the regular season tomorrow when they host the Mets.
Speaker 1: At dyk In Park. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: That was a good side. I just feel like we're gonna be really busy this morning.
Speaker 1: We're definitely gonna be busy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be very, very, very very busy, which is good though.
Speaker 1: Man. Let's go, let's go, let's get things started. Who wants the first phone call? Seven?
Speaker 2: One three two one two five five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, okay, ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's one of my It's a top.
Speaker 2: Five Nirvana song for me by far. Good morning, pup. You off to a great start to your day. I am thank you for asking. Wild Card Wednesday. That's gonna be our Instagram feature today. There's gonna be a lot of things for you on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. We'll be referencing several things throughout the show.
Speaker 1: That are going to be over there.
Speaker 2: Feel free to look ahead several of you already. Where are the Eagles? The Eagles, the bald Eagles, the baby bald Eagles. That live cam. It's been up the whole time. I just don't feature it every day on links and guests. But Alex was talking about a contest. They're running right now to name the bald eagles. People are telling me that, hey, dude, there were three eggs, there's two, there's two eagles in the nest and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know what's been going on over there. I can't keep I got enough going on in my own life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, nature is going on, But there's two bald eagles that need names, and you can help out with that. So I'm glad you already started with that. You already came out of the gate with that new Chevelle. It's out there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it. There's a lyric video.
Speaker 2: I know Wizard wanted to play it for everybody in the morning, and we're going to We're gonna play it. He just said, well, I didn't get the version that I want that I needed for the radio, and I'm like, okay, well, you.
Speaker 1: Let me know. We'll be here. We're easy to find.
Speaker 2: We know that we have a bunch of people here that want to hear the brand new Chevelle song and waiting to hear the entire thing as a family, which I'm doing the same.
Speaker 1: Even though I gave you a.
Speaker 2: Little teaser clip when you were talking about it. It's on the music Blue page. If you just can't wait. I understand that Chili is one of those guys that won't wait. He's like, I got to hear it now. He's he's Chevelle guy. Yeah, you know, he's Chavelle guy. I heard he was going to Buzzfest. He definitely, He's definitely going. Okay, I had heard that Chili was going to Busfest. Rumors are true.
Speaker 1: The winner of the Fresh out of Manhead to Your Head is.
Speaker 2: Going to Buzzfest today. I thought that was generous. Kenny the cash Man's going for win number four. Uh, I got some new fun facts and then the fun Fact Flashback is gonna get you some a Wall Nation tickets. Yeah, I don't know where that I mean. I'm ready to go with Chevelle at seven twenty. I'm ready to go with Chevelle at eight twenty. I kept my dance card wide open. Okay, they're co headlining Buzzfest. I'll keep my I'll keep my options open. I want to get that new song on. I want to listen to it as a fan, and I want you guys talking about it. But yeah, we'll get to the live Collective Soul our Lady Piece tickets at a twenty shine down tickets early in the nine.
Speaker 1: What's it doing.
Speaker 2: Weatherwise, guys? My trucks aid ninety two yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty high.
Speaker 1: Hot. That's hot, definitely really hot. That's hot.
Speaker 2: The hell thirty chance of raining today, cloudy sky's high of eighty two today.
Speaker 4: It's time for the first phone call of the day, do.
Speaker 1: Dude, Jonathan, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning brother? Are brother Rod?
Speaker 2: How are we doing today?
Speaker 1: Doing well? Man? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm not too bad, you know, just pulled up to the shop, go work. But you know, have to talk to the guys first before we get into it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'd love to. I'd love to check in with you before you start hammering it out today.
Speaker 1: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: So you talking about AI earlier and I think this stuff is super weird. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like it, or do I? Alex is Alex Chiley. These guys hate.
Speaker 5: It, dude, it's so weird, like and everybody like me live on so much like the chat GPT stuff.
Speaker 2: You put it in an email like, Okay, I want this is some professional like shows up with that. Let me ask you. You said you're going into work. What do you do, Jonathan?
Speaker 5: Uh So, I wrapped cards?
Speaker 2: Okay, So does this come up at your work at all? I mean, there's no AI that's going to replace you. That is a physical and you are an artist. You have to be able to do this. It's a it's a labor with your hands and every thing. You're never going to be replaced with AI.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no. But a lot of designers that we use actually use AI to make like like you pipe it in. I want this to look like this. Then it'll make some kind of look to it, but it will still look very very computer ish even if it's done on the computer. It's very very odd. It's hard to explain too.
Speaker 2: Right, But so okay, So in the design portion of you wrapping a vehicle, AI is is taking part, is playing a part?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't deal with the computers.
Speaker 1: It's time.
Speaker 5: I can't even do it for a judging of my belt.
Speaker 2: But I don't know how you guys, So when you talk about wrapping a car, are you it's that plastic stuff and you're sitting there and you got the hair dryer out, and you've got bottles out the credit card and you're like making it look perfect?
Speaker 1: Are you doing that? Jonathan?
Speaker 5: Uh? You could say that yes, more Yeah, I mean I use a torch, though I don't use a hair dryer. I know people do use the hair dryer type deal.
Speaker 2: For it, right, Yeah, I'm an ignoratus on this whole thing. So when we see a cyber truck driving down the road, we know that they come in that one color stainless steel. Any any cyber truck that out that's out there that is a different color.
Speaker 1: Is every one of them wrapped or is there are people? Are people painting.
Speaker 5: Them for the most part, Yeah, I mean you can't really paint them. Look, with those aluminum bodies, paint doesn't really stick to the women of that well. Also yeah, but it's so when you when you wrap it a fiber truck, it also adheres really crazily to it, so when you try to remove it, it kind of messes up that bait, that aluminum base. Really we tell people not to do it, but they're still you know, if you have the money to buy cyber trucks, to give them money to pay for or wrap for it, so they don't really care.
Speaker 2: And just ballpark if I want it's let's say I got a cyber truck and I was like, you know what, man, this thing would be so cool. Purple's my favorite color. I want a purple cyber truck. What's it going to cost to turn that cyber truck purple?
Speaker 5: You probably look around about thirty five hundred, Okay.
Speaker 1: All right, that's so it's not terrible.
Speaker 5: And if you were to paint it probably be closer to six or seven grand, so it's a lot more expensive.
Speaker 1: Uh that awesome?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, we're with you the reason we're talking about AI today.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I don't know how old you are.
Speaker 2: If you know who Suzanne Summers is, she was a you know, she was a big bombshell blonde actress seventies on the TV show Threes Company.
Speaker 1: But you know, she maintained a career in the thigh master.
Speaker 2: She was always in. She was in the sphere, her name kept, she kept pretty relevant. I guess she was a part of t G I F Friday maybe when you were young, I think so so so she was on one of those shows on Friday Night. She kind of had a resurgence in her career, but she was always around. She passed away recently and her husband's got this animatronic it's like a mannequin from a store, moving its arms up and down, and it really looked like it's a small world after all.
Speaker 5: One of those you know, I don't want to knock yet. I understand. You know you love your wife and you want to you want to keep her going. Can But when you say, when you say she has her memory as well, that's that's what kind of spooks me, and that makes me, I don't know, it makes you confused, I guess in a way too, like how it would happen memories than Actually, yeah.
Speaker 1: He heard.
Speaker 2: It's scary. But let me tell you that the technology of her body and what we're looking at is bad.
Speaker 1: It's really creepy.
Speaker 2: There's a link up on links and Guest, Jonathan, I appreciate answering all.
Speaker 1: My sol the questions too. Thank you. All right, tell.
Speaker 2: Everybody in the shop we said what up. I got to take a short break. When we come back on a w rec check for you. We'll find out.
Speaker 1: What's trending and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of.
Speaker 6: Bed Houston Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody, Welcome back home room. Thank you so much for being a part of our early morning Shenanigans.
Speaker 2: Thirty percent chance of rain today dropping to a ten percent chance tonight.
Speaker 1: Now Claude's guys throughout the day, much much more manageable. Ninety two. I hate to complain, but I am.
Speaker 2: A little warm yesterday. Yeah, eighty eighty two will be the height today. Yeah, it was too much. Nah, let's find out it's trending what you got over there?
Speaker 1: You said it was a lot of There's just a lot of small trending in this first trending. Okay, let's start with Cam Smith.
Speaker 3: Cam Smith, the twenty two year old third baseman, made the Astros opening day roster. He came over in the Kyle Tucker deal. Yeah, he's an absolute stud. He's going to be for many, many years to come. So I know that a lot of you guys and gals miss Kyle Tucker, but Cam Smith is gonna be one of your new favorite players.
Speaker 1: This kid is, like you said, a stud. Did you see how the message was delivered?
Speaker 2: He did his mom came into the clubhouse and told him you're starting you kidding? Made got a dry eye in there. But didn't we be thinking about it the.
Speaker 3: Last time that you had to replace somebody that was important, Like, uh, let's say Carlos Korea, that guy I believe did win a World Series MVP.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's gonna go that way for Cam Smith. Yeah, this was amazing.
Speaker 2: You know. I saw the news piece on him and he you know, h it was him and his mom for a long time, single mom taking him all over the place for travel ball and then she got to tell him, hey, you're starting opening day.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Yeah, just an awesome story. I mean, what a kid to watch man. I mean all.
Speaker 3: Spring training he was just raking man. He was just he was just hitting balls up all day. It was it was he He's very deserving to be on this opening day roster. Whnn to see him tomorrow. I wasn't missing the game regardless, I was gonna watch. But now for this kid, just more thing to.
Speaker 4: Look at it.
Speaker 1: It's like, God, just please just get some hits. Absolutely get some hits.
Speaker 3: Stefan Diggs also trading the former Texans and Bill's wide receiver agreed to a three year, sixty nine million dollar deal with the Baby.
Speaker 1: It's pretty nice if you ask me.
Speaker 3: And then Russell Wilson is trending because he signed a one year deal with the Giant.
Speaker 1: It's cool. That's what's training a night by the BCE. He don't sound I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm a Jameis Winston guy. Yeah, he wins a ton. That's why I'm like James Winston.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I just want Jameis Winston to be done playing so that I want him behind the microphone all the time.
Speaker 3: But now he's mine.
Speaker 1: I wanted him to be my guy. I don't want Russell Wilson to start over him. He just has such potential. He's so funny.
Speaker 2: His post playing career. I look forward to it, you know. Let just be good on the Giants. All right, here we go, Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: Eight time Hall of Favorite Kenny the cash Man continuing.
Speaker 8: My winning ways.
Speaker 9: I am your fresh out of bed head to head three.
Speaker 5: Day champion, taking out fan favorite Bilto Parker with two questions and two answers.
Speaker 1: So bring them along and join me.
Speaker 9: Wednesdays, We're gonna make it win.
Speaker 1: Number four, Number one Bill Parker was on yesterday. How fun that was good forget seven one three two, one two five. If you think you can beat Kenny the cash Man.
Speaker 2: While you're ringing up chili, here's Giovanni and the Hired Guns on the ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan show Man, thanks so much for being at home room this morning.
Speaker 2: Dark and early, six twenty eight thirty chance of rain, cloudy skies, eyes up around eighty two.
Speaker 1: You know what, the hits keep coming.
Speaker 2: Let's go and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: Challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Kenny, There you are, Hi, Kenny?
Speaker 1: Did I not hit it?
Speaker 5: There he is?
Speaker 2: Hi, Kenny, Kenny? Please okay try this again. Hold there he is right now?
Speaker 1: Kenny? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Good morning, y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's all me. That's all me. Hi. How are you? I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: How are you great? Eight times in the Hall of Fame? Uh, no movie drop, no funny song. You gave yourself the name, but I mean that's all been documented that, there's a reason for it. That's your name. You're two wins away from going back into the Hall of Fame. All of that sounds correct most of day four. You're going for win number four. You're two games away from being in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Two games.
Speaker 10: Okay, Goat, Goat, greatest of all ties.
Speaker 1: O spell it out?
Speaker 10: Doat, killer whales, goatsivik fails, Goat, selad shoes, go it is the glue, go fustlakes, go red pencase, so jud t go said nudity, Goat, greatest of all time. Got goat, g O spell it out. Bat don't do drugs.
Speaker 1: Goat, don't do drugs? I goat? Is he there? Okay, wait a minute, there you are high Goat, Hey, good morning rods.
Speaker 2: Kenny's like, don't try too hard to bring him up. He's there, He's there.
Speaker 5: Oh, Kenny wants to play me.
Speaker 1: You got that, Kenny, You got history with the goat.
Speaker 9: Oh, Josh knows that he could spill it all out.
Speaker 1: Josh, you know these you know these tales.
Speaker 5: We played multiple times. We played last year probably about the same time Mark maybe.
Speaker 1: And uh, the victor was I won that one last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys met and you guys that must have met in the tournament before.
Speaker 8: I think we have we we might have your first year played I think when you won it all we went through Wow.
Speaker 5: Oh you turn him, he's gone, Rod, there you go. Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, I think we should just probably get a million questions ready to go.
Speaker 1: Oh, Alex, I.
Speaker 2: Need you, I need you to crank up those headphones. I got cranked Josh, and I've got Kenny. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Who cares? It's for buzzfest tickets. Who cares? At this point? Who cares?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 2: It's a big deal busfest tickets. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Kenny. You're ready, Yes, sir, Josh, You're ready, always ready. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Kenny's an eight time Hall of Famer. Josh, you've been in the Hall of Fame how many times? Well, twelve times, and you've won it twice.
Speaker 1: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, and Kenny, Kenny's a year long champion as well.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Question number one, what grumpy sysame street character Kenny, Josh, Oscar the Grouse yep.
Speaker 1: One lives in a trash can. Yes it is Oscar the grouch with the trash can. Not a trash can.
Speaker 2: No, thank you. Not very close, Kenny. Josh on the board. Kenny needs this to stay in the game. What is the name of the rodeo event? Oh, Kenny, just unzipped it and laid it on the table. Go ahead, bull riding.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't mind how you played the game. It's just you went the wrong direction, Josh. What is the name of the rodeo event? When a child tries to ride a sheep as long as possible.
Speaker 5: That would be mutton busted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're bull riding.
Speaker 5: You know, to make you to make you feel any better, I was gonna go bull riding when I booked you.
Speaker 2: Guys are also gonna say bull riding, okay, interesting funting bust things is like for me, it's the most famous thing.
Speaker 1: It's the most talked about things.
Speaker 2: But you're what, Bail, you're a bel racer. You thought I was gonna ask about barrel racing. Just get out, Just get out now. I can tell I don't need you excuse me. I can tell I don't need that attitude.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody with your expertise in the rodeo Kenny.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one that went out of this group here Kenny, Kenny, we gonna say goodbye to you.
Speaker 4: I brought good I be called back to thirty days.
Speaker 1: All right, make sure you're thirty days though. I think people have been consisted Josh to go. Welcome back. It looks like you're going to bust. You got a pair of bus Fest tickets on day one. You want to play tomorrow week?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I'll play tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Guess is he'll carve out some time to play tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The Ryan Show, The all Right, let's go ninety four or five, The Buzz, White Stripes, seven Nation Army. Rob Ryan showed wild Card Wednesday, and uh what people really kind.
Speaker 1: Of wake up? I mean yesterday Bill Parker woke everybody up.
Speaker 2: Today's phone call taking on Kenny the cash Man woke up everybody in a much different way.
Speaker 1: The Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody. This is Josh the Goat. I'm your fresh out.
Speaker 8: Of bed head to head one day change quick Red the May twelve times from the Hall of Fame, and I won it all twice. But nothing matters right now but that game Friday morning, when I make it win Number two featured.
Speaker 2: I make him give out his resume so everyone knows what they're dealing with. So that's a that's a me thing, helping him with his lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he still does a going alone on his victory speeches.
Speaker 2: He's like, just give me the lines, just just say something.
Speaker 1: I'll say what you do, whatever you want, I'll do it. All right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna let that guy just win four in a row. Come on, challenge the goats.
Speaker 1: Let's say. Let's see, all right, I need.
Speaker 2: Some field dreamer out there coming out, coming out of nowhere. You know, all right, I do have a great ticket for you this morning. I got a world nation tickets.
Speaker 1: But first it's got a fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of her buddies. It's the fuck back to the day. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hell, yes, good morning, ride me, Good morning opening day tomorrow, buddy. Yeah, just making sure that I knew you knew. I knew that you knew. I didn't know that you knew that I knew that you knew.
Speaker 1: I really want to go this year. This I've heard before.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of the I don't know that you're gonna get busted for it, but I think it's still on the books here.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, it is still on the books here in Texas.
Speaker 2: It is illegal to own more than six sex toys in the state of Texas.
Speaker 1: Register them like guns.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm just saying that, you know a serial number of I know that there is a wild looking nightstand right now, someone's listening to this show Criminal and she probably is.
Speaker 2: Illegal in Texas for the amount of things that are in that drawer, you know, on the Looking at on the Looking At Girls blog page today, it is on the it is being talked about. I'll say that of producing identification to purchase.
Speaker 1: Sex toys being eighteen year older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now, I guess you can just kind of wildly buy some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna be eighteen year older to get.
Speaker 2: Into those stores. But there is some kind of the want ID.
Speaker 1: It's like, come on.
Speaker 2: Book heres next up, No three D print him next up. The entire original Nintendo game Super Mario Bros.
Speaker 1: It's on a thirty two killer By cartridge.
Speaker 2: Okay, that means the file size of the game is probably around a third of one photograph on your phone today.
Speaker 1: That is whoa quality is not as good. Yeah, it was that eight bit probably right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Finally, no basketball movie has ever made one hundred million dollars at the domestic box office.
Speaker 1: That's neat.
Speaker 3: It is Space Jam ninety mili what Yeah, I thought that was a billion dollar movie.
Speaker 2: And then you know everybody's gonna start rifling off. Hey, I know this basketball movie doesn't matter like Hoosiers is one of the best sports movies of.
Speaker 1: All time a long time ago for everybody who went to all the theaters.
Speaker 2: Correct even white men can't Jump made seventy six million, great movie. Space Jam would have been the one. It would have been the one. Yeah, and that's I'm talking about the original one. I don't even think they don't want the trash one that Lebron did. Yeah, I don't think I recognize that. I don't think they did very well at Wall at all.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, Hollywood knows.
Speaker 2: That's why if you're wondering, Hey, what wonder why they don't make more basketball movies because they don't work.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day, we make you look smart. Everybody's it's the fuck back to the day. Didn't whine. Okay, there's not a whole lot of hockey movies out there.
Speaker 2: Either you know, you got Miracle, you got Slap Shot, The Ducks, The Mighty.
Speaker 1: Ducks, My Ducks one two three.
Speaker 2: But Alex knows this the movie Mystery Alaska. It just made my wife watch it a couple of weeks ago. It's a hockey movie. It is awesome. Yeah, Rocks, it's a great movie. And it's like nobody has seen that movie.
Speaker 3: Little pickup team in Alaska Players, the New York Rangers.
Speaker 1: Yep. And it's got a huge name in it. Russell Crowe, Russell Crowe. All right, Gladiator.
Speaker 2: I've got tickets to a Wall Nation April first over at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: That's a good show. What's that. That's a good show. That is a good show. You know you've seen a Wall Nation live. I told you. Diane is the one that said, you've got to see these guys live. They are so great.
Speaker 2: What is the only city that had four major sports teams in a championship game in the same year? What city pulled that off? Alex to be quick to tell you, only one of those teams won.
Speaker 1: Crash Town seven one three two one two. Rock out with your Stock, Out with captain cash. All right, there's our money guy over there. Hey, how how you do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Not too bad?
Speaker 12: The dow was up four points kickoff this morning at forty two five eighty seven.
Speaker 1: You guys worked all day and he did four points.
Speaker 12: It's better than the other one.
Speaker 1: What okay, fine out.
Speaker 3: You're right right, and we'll get eighty steps.
Speaker 12: We haven't another day today.
Speaker 1: That's what you did all day yesterday.
Speaker 12: And the NASTAQ was up eighty three points to eighteen thousand and two seventy one benchmark tam your treasury went get this one set of four point three three percent and oil trades at sixty nine dollars sixty eight cents barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Whallet, Disney, Apple and Chase, the big duds, Mjen, Walmart, and Merk. On the economic calendar this morning, we're gonna get numbers on durable goods orders for February right now. Futures head on the upside. Hang on to this. I have another positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it matter. This is Hawlan Manage director with the Ramon James Porter for the Ride Ride Show from Aramon James on Standflelly Ben Augusta.
Speaker 1: Don't forget toys or rock out.
Speaker 12: We just talk out four points five more for five eight hour workday.
Speaker 1: It's a point every other hour. Do something today adds up.
Speaker 6: The vimian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC as, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sourso is believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 4: We'll continue.
Speaker 6: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational services on the stones of Duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four. Fun the Buzz, Welcome back, rod Ryan show you all right, let's go over to the phones. Good morning. Who's this? This is Randy Randy.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hi Randy, Welcome to the Fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 1: I learned this yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's the only city that has had four major sports teams in a championship game in the same year.
Speaker 1: What is that city? That would be Philadelphia?
Speaker 13: Well, you know what, and I guess we gotta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, the Philadelphia In nineteen eighty, the Phillies were in the World Series, Eagles were in the Ball seventy six Ers were in the NBA Finals, Flyers were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Only the Phillies won the title that year because resulations still.
Speaker 1: What an unbelievable run. I'm jealous, I'm mad, I'm mad at them. Fair Randy, you got the seven to ten split.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna throw in some Maywall Nation tickets April first at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: All right, very nice, thanks sir, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Randy will be a stranger, all right, all right, We're gonna get right into Houston's headlines, Alex, if you're okay with.
Speaker 1: That, I sure am.
Speaker 2: Thirty chance of rain today, cloudy sky is a little bit more manageable high today of around eighty two.
Speaker 1: Houston's headlines from my man, Alex, what you.
Speaker 3: Got many there?
Speaker 1: Welcome now?
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: The Texas measles outbreak continues to grow, with eighteen new cases confirmed over the past five days, bringing the total to three hundred and twenty seven. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Nearly all affected individuals are unvaccinated or have unknown vaccination status, and at least forty people have been hospitalized. Children and teenagers between the ages of five and seventeen account for one hundred and forty cases, which children for and under make up one hundred and five cases. Health officials anticipate additional cases due to the highly contagious nature of measles and are collaborating with local departments to manage the outbreak. Texas Representative Jasmine Crockett is catching some attention after referring to Governor Greg Abbott as hot wheels during a speech at a human rights campaign in la Abbot has been in a wheelchairs ever since suffering a spinal cord injury when a tree fell on him while running when he was twenty six. Crockett, a Democrat from Dallas, made the remark while criticizing Abbot's policy of relocating migrants to cities led by black mayors. Republicans have condemned her comments as disgraceful, and Crockett later clarified that her intent was to highlight Abbot's actions regarding migrant locations, not mock his disability. There's been some discussion among the Republican members of the House about censuring Crockett for her comments.
Speaker 1: Oh, we just misinterpreted her saying hot wheels. We just we we took that. She didn't mean it that way. Those are her words. She said it had nothing to do with the with the wheelchair. Those are her words. That's all right. There's name calling on both sides.
Speaker 3: Republicans have definitely said some stuff in the past, of course also, but I'm not saying it's right on either side. Napster just sold or just sold to a metaverse brand called Infinite Reality for two hundred and seven million dollars. It's got a lot of people saying what year is it? And I believe even know Napster was still fainting. I was trying to come up with a song justin Timberlay would have been the best one because he was the Napster guy.
Speaker 1: Correct, that's a good one. That's a good one. I mean, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: The first song I loaded from Napster. I was too young for Napster. I was a lion one, d okay, I was all Napster. Napster walked so LimeWire could fly. Every day we were downloading songs on Napster. Yeah, yeah, fun.
Speaker 3: It was cool when you knew a friend that had Napster LimeWire before you got it, You're like, oh, can.
Speaker 1: You just give me this CD.
Speaker 2: We were doing it at work, computers at work, just crashing every family computer for all of the nineties early two thousand. If we were just pulling the best, like cover songs. You didn't even know that some of these bands did.
Speaker 1: Cover songs like this.
Speaker 3: People would title stuff it's like a popular song that was there, music that wasn't even the song, yes said it was. It was crap song had the rod rye in production every five seconds in it.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable just how wild west you could just get all this music for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: The band Oar I remember talking about how they leaned into it, and they were like, where are most illegal downloads coming from.
Speaker 1: Let's go play those colleges.
Speaker 2: Ooh, we probably should have played Metallica for Napster. Oh they're the ones that you know, are credited with. They might still sue with bringing it down. They might still sue us for that. All right, So you're telling me that Napster sold for two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they plan to transform it into a social and interactive music platform for virtual concerts. You're gonna be able to buy tickets like normal and use a VR headset to watch artists perform in more intimate settings. The platform was a hit back in the day because, like we said, you could download the music for free, but it got shut down in two thousand and one before relaunching as a paid service and then going bankrupt because nobody wanted to pay for this stuff. That's what the peal was, ok. And then it got bought by Best Buy back in two thousand and eight, and it's been sold a few times since then.
Speaker 1: All right, so ree Brandy, and they're hoping that the name popularity helps out with that. Yeah, tomorrow, you're gonna tell me what you know.
Speaker 3: My space sold for Meta is owned by Zuckerberg, who was buddies with the Napster guy, so that's kind of cool that his people are still buying it. We did talk about Gene Simmons offering his fans a chance to be his roady for a day for the low low price of twelve five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, now, Jojo.
Speaker 3: Siwah is trying to get in on that too. She's doing something very similar for her upcoming tour. She's selling what's called a dream Guest VIP option for nine hundred dollars, a little cheaper than jeans. You're gonna get to come down while they load in the show and help them set up. You're also gonna get to test out the drum and DJ booth with Jojo, and you may even get to help put together the setlist for that night's show. It also will come with a meet and greet, autograph, memorabilia, and a ticket, unlike Jean's deal where you start to buy one, so you start to pay like twelve five hundred dollars and buy a ticket that's probably also one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Now, jo Josia not as big as Gens Simmons. I get that, and she's not.
Speaker 2: Even like Miley Cyrus big Miley Cyrus is huge yet, but I imagine that that's probably something that's going to sell each time that she.
Speaker 1: Does a someone one with big following.
Speaker 2: You know, some some rich kids parents are gonna pay for that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a that's a reachable price here for some people. Here's my favorite story that we've got, but it's Incubus front man Brandon Boyd. He says the band has finished a new album. Unfortunately, they're not gonna release it yet. He says the album was finished over two months ago, with all the songs mixed and mastered, and the artwork is currently in the works.
Speaker 1: I would imagine he's probably doing the artwork either. That's a reason at Yoga Studio. He's too busy.
Speaker 3: Yes too, he's he's done some of the band's artwork before. Boyd says that he's hesitant to release it right away because of how easily music gets lost online these days, saying dropping a new album is like quote, introducing a new star in the sky. It's special but might go unnoticed. Despite his concerns, the band does plan to release a single soon and aims to put the full album out in October. We better play that new single, Wizard. I'm just saying that. I'm just saying that right now. Those are Euston's headlines. Okay, sports, the Rockets gotta win. Last night they beat the Hawks one twenty one to one fourteen. Jalen Green at thirty two points of the night to lead all players in scoring. They're gonna have a day off before they play the Jazz tomorrow night. The Astros lost to the Sugarland Space Cowboys seven or six last night in an exhibition game. They're gonna open up the regular season tomorrow when they host the Mets at Dykin Park.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 14: On the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, Devan Essence and Paul McCoy would bring me to life. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, Hands off those cupcakes. Thirty percent chance of rain today, cloudy skies highs.
Speaker 1: Up around eighty two. Ooh today. I didn't write it down, but it just hit me because I don't want to be yelled at.
Speaker 2: Today's the day before we get out of here, we will announce who is going to play Read my lips tomorrow. You get to take on the Chile live in studio tomorrow after eight o'clock. He'll need you here at around seven thirty. Keep that in mind if you are applying online, you can still apply online. World famous Rod Ryan show page at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: I don't believe he's made.
Speaker 2: A selection yet, but he said there was a bunch of you that we're chomping at the bit to come down here and take him on.
Speaker 1: So that's happening today. We'll have that announcement before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's lingering around and I've been going back and forth with the radio wizard and I'm gonna say, well, let me just double check, make sure I'll get some last minute message here. All right, Well, I'm gonna make the call. Then we're gonna go with the new Chevelle.
Speaker 3: We have it.
Speaker 1: We kind of.
Speaker 2: Kind of, but we have it. We will have it for you at eight twenty this morning. Let's do that. I'd rather promise you when we're definitely gonna have it ready to go. It's already out there on socials, it is out there on YouTube. We played a little, short, little clip of it already this morning. As a matter of fact, there's a link up on the music blog page. I'm gonna wait to listen to it with you guys. So it's brand new music from Chevelle. Eight twenty. Yeah, Chevelle, It's called rabbit Hole Coward's Part One.
Speaker 1: There's a new tour that they finally announced.
Speaker 2: We've already known that Chavelle was coming to town because they're playing Buzzfest. They are co head landing with Marilyn Manson out there at the Woodlands Pavilion on May twenty fourth. Tickets are available through ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: As a matter of.
Speaker 2: Fact, already gave away a pair of tickets this morning. The winner of the Fresh out of d Head to Head Challenged this morning walked away with tickets to Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I should.
Speaker 2: Tell you guys, you know, if you didn't join us and you weren't awake during the freshout of Bad head to Head, I should make you, you know, go listen to the podcast. But and I will make you go listen to the podcast. A little fellow by the name Josh the Goat stopped by this morning and he thought he would like to play Kenny de Cashman, who's an eight time Hall of Famer and has won it all. Yeah, Josh the Goat has been in the Hall of Fame twelve times and he's wanted The other thing I got to ask him tomorrow is how many times he's been in that last game, and then when you hear his final four appearances, it's stupid.
Speaker 1: You know, for him to get those two wins.
Speaker 2: You know, he was the first guy ever to get two wins, and Corey of course the quickest to.
Speaker 1: Go back to back with two.
Speaker 2: Well, he did to go back to back, but he was the quickest to get two wins after his first.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he boards it.
Speaker 3: He's got the Goat is like, coach k We're like, right now in the middle of March madness, We're like, so it's been so many Elite Eight, so many final pours, like Josh the Goat is one where we're like.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, it's so many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even even other John chimed in. He said, yeah, these guys playing against each other last year, this is what happened.
Speaker 1: It was two to.
Speaker 2: One, and Josh won last year against Kenny as well. So that was kind of a similar situation that happened this morning at home room.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was.
Speaker 2: Talking about Buzzfest. I was talking about Chevelle eight twenty. We're gonna listen to that song twogether, and we will take the calls and do all of the stuff that we do around here. Okay, let me take a short break. When we come back on a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, what's happening out there in the world. We'll keep posting on all of that stuff. And then we've got tickets. BlackBerry Smoke is playing tomorrow night. No, I keep thinking there's less days in this week than there are. We're working a full week right five to today's Wednesday. Tomorrow is Thursday, and then they play on.
Speaker 1: Friday, and on that Saturday and then Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's how that was working this week. BlackBerry Smoke's playing on Friday. I've got a pair of tickets for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 14: Stay there. Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternada, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody. This is your rod Ryan Show. It is a wild Card Wednesday edition. That's your Instagram feature. Plenty of stuff for you on links and guests. This morning much more manageable. I thought it was a little warm for my liking yesterday. If I can complain, I will. Ninety two was a little bunch yesterday for me.
Speaker 1: Eighty two will be the high today. Cloudy's guys with a thirty percent chance.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, I'm looking over here at what's trending over here. Why is Russell Wilson trending?
Speaker 3: You don'tue to talk about it, Go ahead and signed it when you're dealing with the Giants.
Speaker 1: Cool, that's all we need to say. That's just not your guy. Huh.
Speaker 2: That's your team, but that's not your guy. He doesn't automatically become your guy.
Speaker 3: We're scared. Just draft the quarterback. We'll have three quarterbacks to be great. Okay, So if you have three quarterbacks, one of those gotta be decent.
Speaker 2: Stefan Diggs is trending still. I see he is no longer a Texan.
Speaker 3: Sixty nine million dollars deal with the the Patriots for three years.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Wildcat Wednesday trending. Okay, Rachel Jefferson sent to us. But my good buddy, Josh Tree, everybody's taking a look at her. At the World Finished Ride Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com also saw Napster is now trending. They got bought by a meta company for two hundred and seven million dollars. Are trying to turn it into a virtual concert platform. Okay, that's his trending all night but by the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks, So today's Wednesday, tomorrow's Thursday.
Speaker 2: Friday nights, BlackBerry Smoke is gonna be playing the seven to one to three Music Hall. Uh Tickets are available through ticketmaster dot com if you would like a pair of tickets to go see this wildly awesome rock band.
Speaker 1: This is the night rock band.
Speaker 2: These guys are gonna be out there with their with their jeans and their T shirt and their big mutton chops and their long hair, and they're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Rocking, and they're rock They're rocking.
Speaker 2: If you want to go see this band. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. I'll take call her number ten. I pooped the buzz ninety four or five the bus a good hoo before that closing drum beat just seems to work nice and not.
Speaker 1: Thank you you sounded great. Rob Ryan's show ninety four and five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz Heavy hump Day.
Speaker 1: It's neck up in the middle of the week.
Speaker 2: Plautus guys, thirty percent chance of rain hies up around eighty two.
Speaker 1: Over to the phones here, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hello, was this Hello.
Speaker 1: Adam Sugarland Your Collar ten my main.
Speaker 13: Adam, I'm gonna give you some tickets for Friday nights BlackBerry Smoke Show at the seven one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: All I can tell you is just I have a couple of albums. I'm a big fan of these guys.
Speaker 2: They're just a rock band. They are a rock band that just they're keeping it going. Man, They're just awesome.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love this show, dude.
Speaker 2: I promise you you're gonna love them.
Speaker 5: It sounds like a great time.
Speaker 2: All right, Adam, let me well, I got you here.
Speaker 1: You mind me asking you a question or two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: What do you do for a living?
Speaker 5: I'm actually a project manager for a fire alarm system?
Speaker 1: Okay? Have you've been doing that a long time?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sir? Did you hear my? It still hits me too.
Speaker 2: If I go, if I go to the bathroom and if I use our back door here, there's that damn fire alarm and.
Speaker 1: I still have that.
Speaker 2: We had that whole discussion on the show. I thought it was interesting. I thought it was intrusive thoughts. I'm never going to pull that thing, but I kind of every time I do, I look at it. And I'm like, oh, I'd love to pull that thing. Yeah, you do like fire alarms like that systems, those systems.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, Yes, they're for all commercial grade systems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: All right now, So even you said you've been doing it a while, this is a question.
Speaker 1: On a scale of one to ten.
Speaker 2: Ten is your fried one? You're like, okay, day one on the job type of deal? Is there a job burnout for you? Is there? Where's your number? Where are you at right now?
Speaker 5: There? Definitely candy, I'm probably at about a sick. I mean it's it's not bad.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: Six normal. Yeah, I think that's normal. I mean the whole thing about work. They pay you to go there.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't go there on your own because it's awesome. Yeah, you go the money. It's just the burnout thing is being the burnout thing is being talked about right now online. So I appreciate your honesty. Hey, Adam, thank you. Have a great time, enjoy yourself, have a great time, and unload a little bit, unwind a little bit on Friday night. Okay, Adam, thank you. When people get burned out at work, I believe it.
Speaker 1: I understand it. My dad didn't. My dad probably got burned out at work.
Speaker 2: But do you think he ever mentioned it, You think he ever said a word one about it. He just went into that damn factory every day and works.
Speaker 1: It just worked. It's like, I gotta work, I gotta do. I gonna take family's waiting for money. My family needs food on the table.
Speaker 2: I'm going into work, you know, in terrible conditions in the winter time and everything. My dad just went into a factory his whole life, you know, and just did it. Didn't sit around and bitch about being burnt out all the time. Now it's cool to talk about being burnt out all the time. Thirty three percent of workers say they're more burnt out that they than they were a year ago. So these are one of those loaded questions. And I did you know, I've learned a few things from the radio wizard and he's been in this kind of research area forever, and you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's like asking people. You know, you give somebody a piece of pizza.
Speaker 2: If it's pretty good, it's like, all right, But if you ask the question, would you like more cheese on that pizza?
Speaker 1: You're like, you know what this cheese does? Need more pizza, does it?
Speaker 2: Or you just because you were introduced to the idea of maybe some more cheese on there, it might be good.
Speaker 1: More cheese is never bad, you know, right.
Speaker 2: So you know, if you ask somebody if they're burnt out at work, you introduced the idea to them.
Speaker 1: And they're like, well, let me think about that for a minute. You know what, I am.
Speaker 2: Pretty burnt out. You know, I've been doing this job a long time. I did it for you know, four years before the morning specific. I've been in radio forever, but mornings, you know, I've been getting up at three point fifteen since the year two thousand and uh And it sucks. But I don't come in here and complain about it. And am I burnt.
Speaker 1: Out on it? I don't know. I don't like to.
Speaker 2: Think of it in those terms. Well, if I had your job, Rod, or if I was making your money, that's easy to say, that's easy to say and to discount it.
Speaker 1: But you do kind of have to find some.
Speaker 3: Joy in what you're doing you do or realize that's why they pay you. That's that's the other part. When you're like, well, I just don't have a good time out Okay, well that's why they pay.
Speaker 5: You to do that.
Speaker 2: Thirty three, one out of three of you guys is saying in this particular poll that they're even more burnt out that they than they were a year ago. The top things that cause it are heavy workloads, which is happening in our industry. Okay, that is happening right now in our industry. That people are getting piled on these new job titles and new responsibilities and there's not compensation that's coming along with it.
Speaker 1: And that's happening in our industry.
Speaker 2: They're they're asking more of the fewer people that are there. And it's not just an iHeart thing. It's radio, it's television. You've seen there's there's there's less people. There's just less people working right now. So that heavy workloads, longer hours, lack of support or recognition from your manager, feeling like there's no room for growth, these are all things that are playing into this right now. So I do buy into that it's worse, because in our industry, it's worse. It's worse right now than it's than it's ever been. More is being asked of fewer people like never before.
Speaker 1: You know that for nobody. You know this absolutely, you know, So how do you defend it? What do you do? It's the same old stuff, it really is. And as I get older, I'm telling you, look at me. I'm no one to preach about these things, but.
Speaker 2: It really I think the most important things still.
Speaker 1: Are you getting enough sleep? Alex?
Speaker 2: The answer is no, for you. Are you getting enough sleep? It's so important. The amount of sleep you get is so important. Exercise and diet. I'm telling you, I know you're like Rod, who are you? I'm nobody. Okay, I'm a slug. I'm an absolute slug on a slug. But as I get older, and as I've been doing this longer, I just did a podcast with some wing nut that was you know, he does these radio podcasts. He talks to people that have been in the industry for a long time, and I said, I go, I really think those things add to the longevity of the career. Is you know, learning to I eat a lot better now, I try to exercise. And I've always been somebody that has said, because you know, you get these younger people in the industry, and you get people that want to go out during the week, and it's like Okay, that's going to catch up to you.
Speaker 1: And I know you're not out partying during the week and doing all of that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be able to sustain that, right, it's unsustainable. But you know, younger people in this industry are like, I can still kind of go out and do it during the week a little bit and go party, you know, and listen, there's always going to be that Thursday night rodeo where you're gonna come in and just kind of you're gonna kind of half as half asset on that Friday.
Speaker 1: And I'll look away. I'll look away on that stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I used to do that. I just can't, you know.
Speaker 2: So if you are having burnout, it's real easy to sit around and say, well it's this, that and the other person and blame it on. And there's a lot of blame to be thrown around at these big companies right now, for sure.
Speaker 1: But it's not getting better, so they're not going to let it get better.
Speaker 2: So you got to kind of take control and put things in your own hand. I mean, listen, whatever you got going on, I saw you.
Speaker 1: Eating cheerios this morning. I watched my cluster.
Speaker 2: The guy's eating cheerios over here, dry cheerios like a baby. But you're right, those are things that are.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: You know, those are good and like it's sensible, it's good snacking. It's like, you know, I try to eat every three hours or so, and I eat.
Speaker 1: My power bar at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: And you know, at some point the work things, it's.
Speaker 1: Not the Your company's not gonna be cool. That's it.
Speaker 2: They're done being cool. I don't think any companies are cool anymore, you know. So you're just gonna have to take things and take matters into your own hand. It's just it's the same old stuff. It's prioritizing self care, which I've always made fun of, but now I believe in it. Okay, setting boundaries, getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, taking breaks, learn to say no, seeking.
Speaker 1: Support from who where you gonna go see support?
Speaker 2: We go ast Chili for help the fire, and I support Chili's like, I'm the one that needs to help Jackass.
Speaker 1: You're coming to me. Chili gets enough sleep, that's the one thing he's gotten.
Speaker 5: Smoke.
Speaker 2: Now, if we can work on some of the other things and listen, we're all gonna be lean mean fighting machines here and you can do the same thing at your work.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz popa route even if it kills me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I should have mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 2: Confirmed eight twenty, brand new music from Chevelle this morning, so world premiere. Sure it's out today, it's out there on the socials, but for me, it's still the radio has always been that magical box, you know, if it's in your car or wherever, but it's radio, even if you're listening on your phone and the app and everything, and just listening to that song on the radio has always just hit differently for me.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I'm holding myself back from hearing the entire song until we all listen to it together.
Speaker 1: Eight twenty.
Speaker 2: We'll take the calls and we'll hear from you, and you can tell us your thoughts on that. So, I mean, Chili, just forget it. We know you love it, dude, we know.
Speaker 1: You love it. Did you listen to the whole thing yet? Are you waiting? I have not.
Speaker 9: I probably liked the beginning, and then I was like, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, come to Papa.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it loosening the belt.
Speaker 9: I'm already planning my outfit from buss Fizz.
Speaker 1: You know we got Q tops?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are we getting Q tops? I imagine?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean huci daddy shorts.
Speaker 1: Okay, that keeps coming up.
Speaker 2: You're you're threatening us enough with that termcichy daddy shorts. I feel like you're you're you're priming the pump for you to walk in with wearing those one day.
Speaker 9: I already got the crop tops of my whalel tail.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, show up, Okay, whale tail. You rounded it. That's it. Why we're gonna listen to the song together at A twenty Okay?
Speaker 9: Can we hold hands? Sure?
Speaker 1: You want? Sure? Hey, you have a bunch of people that want to play read my lips tomorrow.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of people applying, and I'm going through it. I got two in mind, but it's never too late to change my mind.
Speaker 1: Dude, pressures on.
Speaker 2: Man, you've had some killers in here, You've had some all stars in here playing that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, waited all killer and no filler. It's not too late.
Speaker 9: Somebody can sign up right now, right, Yeah, that can sound sign up right now, and I mean we got to nine fifty. I'll probably select the person up.
Speaker 1: Around nine thirty.
Speaker 9: I'll start contacting a couple of people, fill them out, see what they say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we want to announce before the end of the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so at nine to fifty, I'll make the final decision.
Speaker 1: And okay, will make Dan Ausman good stuff. Thank you, Chilly. Just put your pants back on. Let's put them back on. Okay, it's all excited as seron as I said, I got new Chevelle.
Speaker 3: Let the goud be excited.
Speaker 1: I said, I got new Chevelle pants on the ground. But what one of the times you can be excitted?
Speaker 2: Not what we do here today?
Speaker 1: It is eight twenty a twenty is what we're gonna play that for you. Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The rod X Morning.
Speaker 4: Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, the Buzz Lincoln Park Runaway, Rob Ryan's show coming up on my halfway point eight twenty is when we're going to listen to that brand new Chevelle track. We will listen to that to get there. I'm excited about that. It's called rabbit Hole Coward's.
Speaker 1: Heart won.
Speaker 2: There's a lyric video that's out there, and well Le's gonna talk about that coming up. He's gonna talk about that coming up in the in this upcoming Houston's Headlines. The weather today much more manageable. I thought it was a little toasty yesterday. Ninety two is what I saw today. High of eighty two, cloudy skies with about a thirty percent chance of rain. So we got a new chavelle.
Speaker 1: And then we got to move around.
Speaker 2: Probably all I'll backload those live Collective Soul tickets August fifteen. Backload meaning I'll take them from eight twenty and I'll probably move those two around eight forty for that giveaway. So I want to say, set your watch to it. But around there in that ballpark, keep me honest, Alex. Don't let me not give away those tickets. I gotcha right now, though I need you. Houston's Headlines. Please welcome morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The Texas measles outbreak continues to grow, with eighteen new cases confirmed over the past five days, bring in total to three hundred and twenty seven. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services. Nearly all affected individuals are unvaccinated or have unknown vaccination status, and at least forty people have been hospitalized. Children and teenagers between the ages of five and seventeen account for one hundred and forty cases, while children four and under make up one hundred and five cases. Health officials anticipate additional cases due to the highly contagious nature of measles and are collaborating with local departments to manage the outbreak. President Donald Trump signed an executive order yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm aiming to overall the.
Speaker 3: US federal election process. The order mandates proof of citizenship for voter registration requires at all ballots be received by election day. Trump cited past election fraud as a pass election fraud claims excuse me, and is seeking to enforce stricter election laws, threatening to withdraw federal funding from non compliance states. Critics argue that the measure is both unlawful and potentially unconstitutional, raising concerns that these new requirements could disenfranchised voters, especially those who don't have immediate access to citizenship proof.
Speaker 1: Do you like coming up with baby names?
Speaker 3: Because if you do, now is your chance to help name the two Internet famous bald eagle chicks from Big Bear thanks to a fundraiser by friends of Big Bear Valley. For a small donation, yet Chicks. For a small donation, you could submit your name, ideas and finalists are gonna be chosen by a computer before local elementary students vote on the winners. The whole thing wraps up on Friday and when will be announced on April first. You're gonna get a cool little certificate if your name wins, so.
Speaker 1: We know if their dudes are chicks.
Speaker 3: The chicks they preferred you to ask to submit ginger neutral news.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's all that you were suggesting.
Speaker 2: Alex a great Alex and pat Yeah, that their favorite podcast, Bastcavy Podcast Alex and Pato paste.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Robert, it's not really jitter neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, we can't include that's gender neutral. Well, the good news is we all link up for this where you could submit your names. But the link is up where the live cam is on the chicks. Yeah, right there in the nest. They're just chicking around. Two separate teachers said that they heard it on the show in the morning when we first talked about it, and they said they had it on for the kids all day they were watching it.
Speaker 3: That'd be so sick, just like that's like that's your day. You're like, you know what we're we're just scrapped it last and player. We're just watching Eagles. They're sleeping, but we're just gonna hang out and watch them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that was when the mom when we first introduced this cam, the mom was just sitting on the eggs and then sometimes the dad would The dad was out.
Speaker 1: We made a whole bit about that and everything.
Speaker 3: But he did get the pack of smokes and came back with it.
Speaker 2: But she wouldn't let him sit on the eggs. He was an egg hog. Well, so mom, I get it. Mama Bear, Mamma, I got go. Mama Bear's so right now there's chicks and you can go check them out. Chili's got the live cam up on links and guests.
Speaker 3: Today for the kicks on the wlfare's Ride Ryan Show page. Go for the chicks, Stay for the chicks.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy's working there you go, I must be the other guy.
Speaker 3: The husband of late the late Susanne Summers has teamed up with a robotics company to make an Ai twin of her. It talks like her and even has her memories and can answer questions.
Speaker 1: Her husband's Alan Hammel, and when.
Speaker 3: It was asked to share a specific memory of a time with him, it talked about a cooking segment that they filmed together where they had a funny mishap with a summer's passed away from breast cancer in October of twenty twenty three. You told me to go check this out. I did, and Yeah, that doesn't look real at all? Does It didn't look like her.
Speaker 2: It is a scary animatronics So it's not a it's not a hologram.
Speaker 1: No, it is a like a bad West World. Thank you. I you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I said it was just because I came. I'm fresh off of Disney. It doesn't look like they've advanced much since it's a small world and I think that ride opened up in the fifties.
Speaker 1: This thing looks like a mannequin with moving arms. So is it just gonna live with him and then hang out?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 3: I get that, like you missed your wife, and I absolutely understand the like the want to be able to have some sort of communication with the lost loved one.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this is the craziest far fetched thing that I didn't come up with on my own. But they're gonna go to the family and see if they can get John Ritter, and then they're gonna do some kind of a Three's Company thing.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna watch that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Jason Ridder, please shut this down. If Jason Ritter is the Sun, he's kind of pretty well known now well known actor.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get a whiff of this if he sees this. He's not letting his dad become this. You would hope not. No, he's not. I hope he's not. I don't know what this crazy.
Speaker 2: Susanne Summer's husband that okayed this, but he must have looked at something and said, Okay, that looks good enough for me.
Speaker 1: Roll with it.
Speaker 3: What happens when it becomes Cynthia and it wants to turn on you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: This is what it's It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of win.
Speaker 2: Guys. It's not good looking. It sounds like her. Apparently it's creating its thoughts and stuff like that. It's using AI and we'll probably kill him. But it doesn't look like her.
Speaker 1: At all. It's really bad.
Speaker 3: This is this is Slippery Slope. Everybody.
Speaker 2: You can go see all of this. It's on links and guests this morning. Slippery Slope.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I've got this new Chevelle.
Speaker 1: We're gonna listen to it at A twenty. Oh you got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you already got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I've got it, dude, you want to hear it?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's called rabbit Hole Coward's Part one.
Speaker 1: There, Chilie's pants they're down, they're on the floor. So that's it. I don't want to listen to anyone. I don't want to listen to any more. That's it. I just I would rather hear it with everybody at A twenty.
Speaker 3: So they've got that single out today we're gonna get to hear. But they're also announcing a tour with Asking Alexandria and Dead Poets Society. It'll start August seventh in San Antonio and go through October second. There's no Houston dates though, but if you want to see Chavelle, we got a little show called Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: They're co headlining. That's the Houston Dad. You can go check them out there headlines. Okay, we'll listen to. Yeah, yeah, we don't want to get too excited. Yes, okay, Rockets Music's playing. I guess you want to talk about them.
Speaker 1: They did win last night.
Speaker 3: They beat the Hawks one twenty one to one fourteen Jalen Green at thirty two points on the night to lead all players in scoring. They're gonna have a day off where they play the Jazz on the road tomorrow night. And in baseball, the Astros lost to the Sugarland Space Cowboys six last night in an exhibition game. They're gonna open up the regular season tomorrow when they host the Mets at dyk In Park. That is what's going on in Sports Day Tomorday happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, then we got a pretty nice looking eight am hour for you, I would say. So we're gonna play that new Shebelle at eight twenty Afterwards, I'll take the calls and all of that, and then we'll get into those live Collective Soul tickets for their show August fifteenth at seven point three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: So yeah, put together a pretty nice little eight o'clock hour. Come on Houston's Rock and Alternatives The.
Speaker 4: Rod last the morning show from six to ten am ninety four or five bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the buzz halfway part of the show, pick cook.
Speaker 1: It's all spring and the kids aren't all right?
Speaker 2: Eight oh five cloudy skuys thirty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Highs of around eighty two today. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: New Chevelle this hour. Chevelle co headlining Buzzfests. But man Alex said, he's like, well, wait a minute, we don't have a tour date here on this new tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're coming to Buzzfest. We got them. They'll come in here. Done.
Speaker 2: They announced us way before their tour and everything like that. They made room for us here for Buzzfest. Then they put together a tour around it. So they're gonna be at the Woodlands Pavilion co headlining with Marilyn Manson. Of course, we got Blue October, which may be some bl October news by the end of the week. I'm hearing some things in the hall Pod Evans, blue Stabbing, Westward sleep theory, other things in.
Speaker 1: The hall that I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Well, if they're in the hall, that means they haven't they haven't made their way in here yet, and that they shouldn't go through my ears through my mouth through this microphone. But I do believe that we're gonna get some local bands involved with buzzfests.
Speaker 1: That's it. I won't say anything else.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: I already said enough. Shut up, you said enough, Alex. Now you said it, I'll say what I want to stop. I want this guy. Yeah, don't put me in a box.
Speaker 2: Uh are you ready for the Hawk to a Girl comeback?
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Are you ready? There's a comeback that's gonna be happening. I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is on the uh, this is on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: And there's a documentary in the works. You know, you've got to.
Speaker 2: Really put in your time in years before you get that doc treatment.
Speaker 1: You used to anyway, one year, you used to.
Speaker 2: Have to put in some time and some years and you know, really get out there and grind for a long time and then maybe maybe one day someone would think about making a documentary about you. Uh, HOWK to a documentary? HOWK to a girl? Documentary is coming? There's information on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, have you seen Alessandra Basher? I don't believe. She put a video out on YouTube and it's called We Thank you Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: Have you seen this country song of this gale on the back of a cyber truck singing about Elon Musk and all.
Speaker 1: Things that Elon Musk is doing right now? I have not. It is so horribly bad.
Speaker 2: Well, I would imagine, and it's to celebrate and thank Elon Musk that says we love Tesla and all the work he does. I can't tell if it's satire, Like it's so horribly bad, there's no But then I do I know that there are people out there putting out product that just believe in what they're doing, and they are so tone deaf to their own voice and the sound of what they're doing that they just they're so into it they can't hear how horrible it is.
Speaker 1: This is so terrible.
Speaker 2: But I in no way are they making in the lyrics. They're not making fun of Elon Musk. They're talking about all the things. Can I play you just a little bit. I know we're gonna listen to something new already, I guess, I mean, Rady where is gonna say, Okay, too much new stuff in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 15: Oh thank you Elon Musk. He took over Twitter's rain, he saved tree, speech for all, eliminating walk, pay spaces, life test the cell dry and startling things replays. He's got a master plan for all.
Speaker 1: Let's occupy. This sounds like AI.
Speaker 2: There's a video, but it sounds like an AI cread There's there's a video of a girl and she's obviously lip syncing along. They they borrowed a cyber truck. It looks like they're in Texas. She's got the cowboy hat on. She's wearing an Elon Musk shirt. It seems like it's pro Elon Musk. There is no gotcha at the end where it's like, haha, we made you watch this. This is what we really think. And she throws a bucket of paint on something. There's there's there is no that. It's just this.
Speaker 1: You watch it?
Speaker 2: You tell me? Is it pro Elon Musk? Is it anti Elon Musk? The messaging itself is pro Elon Musk. It's just horrible. It's just a horrible.
Speaker 1: Meaning you you heard it. It's horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's you're right, this is what AI does. This These chat GBT music sites.
Speaker 4: US Texas.
Speaker 1: Names collection.
Speaker 2: In Saving You well, you get them, you get the idea. This is on three things you must see. I can't figure it out. Normally I can formulate an opinion and say, Okay, this is clearly what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I can't figure this one out over the time. I can't.
Speaker 2: That's on three things you must see Today. Let's focus on some.
Speaker 1: Real new music.
Speaker 2: Uh we've got a brand new Chevelle song for you in their video. No, uh uh no, it's uh no for sure. Let me take a break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll you our own little world premiere of the brand new song from Chavelle.
Speaker 14: Stay with US Rock and Alternative US The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show six to ten am. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Show Hop. You're up for listening to some new music. I hope you're ready to rock with us a little bit this morning. Nobody's more ready than the Chile. You got a thirty percent chance of rain cloudy.
Speaker 2: Skies highs today of around eighty two.
Speaker 1: Ah bomus.
Speaker 2: I'll buy myself here in the roomy oh there you are, high Luvey sorrys working on podcast stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yesterday's podcast. People are having a hard time finding it. It's not up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's a technical issue.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Well let me we'll get it resolved.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Look in some of the things that I was seeing is you know Stefan Diggs in the news. He's no longer at Texan. He signed a sixty nine million dollar three year deal, three year deal with the Patriots, so he'll be going against the Bills twice a year now.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he likes that. Our wild Car Wednesday, submitted by Josh Tree. Still trending.
Speaker 3: Everybody's looking at her at the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: How about people are panicking a little bit. There's a there's a Chipotle seems to be trending. There's some Chipotle brick and mortars that are closing.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a huge Chipotle guy. Like the new honey Chicken at Chipotle.
Speaker 1: I know you are.
Speaker 2: And people love this place and it seems to be always packed.
Speaker 1: What location my place is? Yeah, so it's always always full in Antarctica maybe like they're not getting maybe Alaska struggle. I don't know what Chipotle location is not hitting their numbers.
Speaker 3: I guess they're closing some restaurants and people are Okay, if you close one Chipotle, people are gonna notice.
Speaker 1: That's all I got to say.
Speaker 2: I'm sure this is just a way of looking at things. And you know, like I talked about all these businesses and everything, they're just reevaluating everything to be the most efficient company they can be. So I just saw that was trending yesterday. But I don't think they're in any I don't think one location is in trouble here.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I see him pretty packed.
Speaker 3: And then there are people are also talking about who is going to play Dewey and the new Malcolm in the Middle reboot that's going on the Youngest Brother, and I don't know. I really enjoyed Malcolm in the Middle when I was growing up, so I'm kind of interested to see how. I'll check it out. I'm not saying I'm gonna watch it religiously, but I'll check out the first episode at least. But that's what trading the name by the buzz.
Speaker 1: What's the main kid's name? Malcolm? All right, Frankie Muna the.
Speaker 3: Main kid, And I know it's it's literally called Malcolm the Mill.
Speaker 1: He seemed to really adjust very well to adult life and they said bother now they said he was.
Speaker 2: Really smart with his money and he still talks to Brian Cranston.
Speaker 3: Well, he had that that injury and forgot. He doesn't remember most filming Malcolm in the Middle right, but he became a car, didn't get in the car he races.
Speaker 1: But he does race cars now.
Speaker 2: But he just seemed to really adjust. You know, sometimes you see these child stars and they don't turn out well. No, and apparently he was super smart with his money. He's loaded.
Speaker 3: But the parents I'm Alcolm and the Middle have been close with him ever since then. I think the whole cast has kind of been close and they like they've they've made sure that he's stayed in like the straight and narrow and that he was he was in good spirits and everything like that.
Speaker 2: Frank Cranston's gonna go down as one of the greatest humans ever.
Speaker 3: He just seems like it right, Like you, he seems like somebody like I don't know, he's artsy, so he seems like he could be mean to people, but like he just seems also like a caring guy.
Speaker 1: From when every story you ever hear uh Chevelle with a tour announcement.
Speaker 2: We're not in there because we already had them locked in for Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: They're out.
Speaker 2: They're going out on the road with asking Alexandra. It was Alexandria Teresa. I just saw a clip of her talking to the guys in Chevelle, so she probably has some great inside information here.
Speaker 1: I didn't get a chance to see the.
Speaker 2: Interview yet, but check out all things at Teresa Rockface. I'm sure she's got stuff out there. She's great that they're at her socials. But they haven't put out an album since twenty twenty one, so it's definitely we're.
Speaker 1: Due for this. This is the first single.
Speaker 2: It's a standalone single, and these guys never shy away from the headlines.
Speaker 1: Here's a quote from the band.
Speaker 2: How about we all put on our tenfoil hats, slam a donkey's and go deep doom scrolling. I told you those guys up north with the donkeys, Dunky with the donkey.
Speaker 1: That's dunkin Donut. For those of you that don't know dunkey packy ka, you'll get your donkeys.
Speaker 2: This is Chavelle. We're gonna listen to it together. It's called rabbit Hole Cowards Part One. We'll take calls afterwards. You tell us what you think of it. It's ninety four or five The Buzz Come on, Wow, Yeah, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan's show. That is the uh that's the first bit.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's the world premiere here on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four or five The Buzz. Brand new music from Chevelle. You're Buzzfest co headliner.
Speaker 1: It's called rabbit Hole Coward's Part one.
Speaker 2: I know, my man, Chili, if you can just break away from the phones because I but he's not even answering the poll.
Speaker 1: He's not even answering the phones.
Speaker 9: Don't you can serve me right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is one of your favorite bands. Yeah, so I wanted you to speak on it. That's the first time that you've heard the entire song. Go ahead, dude.
Speaker 1: I like their.
Speaker 9: Sound, just for three guys. Such a big sound it is. It's typical Chevelle. It's rocking. I like the bass guitar on it. Yeah, it's you can hear it, and then the guitar at the end when he's kind of a little solo type of deal.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you don't like this song, you don't know music.
Speaker 1: Are you dissecting lyrics?
Speaker 2: Are you getting into that or no, you're just more listening to the music Chili.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm more listening to the music, Okay. But I did hear some of the lyrics and everything.
Speaker 2: So I heard, I heard government, I heard cowards, I heard don't don't give them an ink. Yeah, I heard something like that in there. I mean sometimes I feel like I walk around this world is just.
Speaker 1: Like a dope and you don't listen to lyrics. Yeah, and I don't, and I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, these guys sound like they're so tightly wound. This this is so tightly wound right now.
Speaker 1: That it's like I gotta put off soon. Yeah. I like the music. I do.
Speaker 2: It's and I'm sure somebody's gonna tell me, hey, Rod, here's what he's singing about. And it's fine, you can explain it to me. I just I worried about being that tight. These guys are tight.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna be working out to this song today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a song and you.
Speaker 9: Know, one of the things I like about it it's like people must say, he sounds his voice. It's a little whiny, but it's the perfect amount of whiny.
Speaker 3: I agree because it's like there's Muse whiny and then there's this, and it's like this is way.
Speaker 1: I like this way better than I like the mused whininess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll agree with both of you on that. All right, I'm gonna take some phone calls, uh, if you want to get on board seven one, three, two.
Speaker 1: Nine, four, five, Alex, anything else.
Speaker 3: I had of ten no notes? This is this is as perfect of as Chavelle's song as you could have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if you don't like if you don't like this, you don't like music.
Speaker 1: This is like what Chillie said, almost exactly what Chili said. It rocks. He's going to punch somebody in the face. Yes, that only because you guys brought it up.
Speaker 2: I had never ever thought when I heard Chavelle, I had never ever heard Muse before, and then because you guys brought it up, I heard it a little bit this time.
Speaker 1: But you're right, the lyrics, I'm like, get them. I didn't. There's there's more attitude. Yeah, there's there's ways about the attitude.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not. It doesn't have that whininess. Yeah, it's got more attitude for sure. This song is all attitude for sure. Kirk is next up on the phone. Kirk, your thoughts on that new song. It's Chevelle Rabbit Hole Coward's Part one.
Speaker 9: Oh, it definitely jams.
Speaker 5: It may be your first time playing it, but it won't be your last. It makes me want a head bang.
Speaker 1: Hump you up.
Speaker 5: Just just awesome. I liked this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Kirk, So I appreciate itst Oh yeah, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Want to see this so bad, Like where is this? This is this like mid set or just come out? They'll play it? Do they open with it? So listen, this is our new stuff. This is what we're doing right now.
Speaker 3: I'll actually just punched me in the face as they do playing billy billy, Yes, sir, billy brand new music from Chevelle.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to see the rest of the album now, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is there a rest of the album? Is there a new album?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a part one, so now he's got to be a part two. At least you assume correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to trace down that interview that Teresa did. All right, thank you, Billy. I'm glad you like it. They're headlining Buzzfest. Joseph good Morning.
Speaker 3: Doing that song was perfect.
Speaker 16: I'm ready to hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to hear it live. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing that I will say about Chevelle is their live set. It's perfect, Like for Chilli said it, three guys, the amount of music that's coming out for these three dudes, but they can reproduce. They don't do anything that's overly produced in the studio where that they can't replicate it live.
Speaker 1: You know. That's what I like.
Speaker 5: I like they're like cool October.
Speaker 1: They're they're good, but they're better when they're live.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're just so great. I love this song, just like Alex said, ten out of.
Speaker 1: Ten, ten out of ten. I like that. Nino good morning, one brother.
Speaker 2: We're talking about this new Chevelle song, dude, good morning.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, No, it sounded really great. I enjoy like just the start of it. I was like into it, Like musically, it just sounded great.
Speaker 1: What's he thinking about?
Speaker 9: I didn't hear the lyrics all too well.
Speaker 7: I was thinking that, like maybe if somebody came through like leading or disturb you're like breaking venge and somebody wouldn't so higher pitched.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: Make that song like chat at ten.
Speaker 1: I think a deeper voice would go with it better.
Speaker 7: But I still think it's like a solid seven okay seven point five.
Speaker 2: That voice is served that band pretty well for about twenty years now.
Speaker 1: I thank you. You know, Kristin, wrap this up for me?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Brother Ron?
Speaker 1: I give it Christian ten. Yeah, and it made.
Speaker 5: Me want to come to bunch us now.
Speaker 2: I like the sound of that, dude. I'd love to have you join us at Buzzfestud, why don't you do so?
Speaker 1: Man? It's the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Uh that and Marilyn Manson cut it out October stop stop stop. I know, thank you, Christian, thank you.
Speaker 1: There's the government mentioned Dan is already broken.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, that's that's why we have artists. I'm glad that there's people walking around miserable. I mean, you need that put out songs about it all, say happy songs. Yeah, you know you can only have so many. Bobby McFerrin's don't Worry Be Happy.
Speaker 1: I mean that that's cool.
Speaker 3: But like sometimes you need to have a sad song to be happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate all the calls.
Speaker 1: I see, emails are rolling in. I'm going to forward all of these over to the radio wizard.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's awesome, it's awesome. What a great time here on ninety four to five the Bus. But this new music that's coming through right now, I've been loving everything.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give away these tickets. Let's do it, all right, chill.
Speaker 2: Leave, it'll mind clearing out these phone lines. Live Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace. August fifteenth, seven to one to three music call. I'll take call at number ten for some tickets right now seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five bus, red jumpsuit apparatus and face down.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having us on Wildcard Wednesday is our number one link. Chile has already talked about motivating you as you come in tomorrow to play him.
Speaker 1: Read my lips.
Speaker 2: You can sign up on links and guests you know, while you're checking out today's Wildcard Wednesday feature and the Looking at Girls feature, and then you're going to check out that weird and I mean in every sense of the word weird Elon Musk song Three Things you must see today, But you can sign up to be the contestant tomorrow.
Speaker 1: For Read my Lips. We play at eight twenty. I think you'd like to hear it.
Speaker 2: Around seven twenty or so, so I get it. It's not for everybody, but if you'd like to come down and play the game, the invitation is there.
Speaker 1: You need to go and sign up. Good morning, good morning, Well hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: This is Margaret.
Speaker 1: Did you hear the new Chevelle song?
Speaker 5: I did? I loved it?
Speaker 1: You loved it?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 16: Yes, I've seen them live, super excited to see it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna be great. They're awesome live. Hey what I'm offering up right now? I've got tickets to go see live Collective Soul, Our Lady Peace, August fifteenth, seventy one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: Would you like those tickets? Margaret?
Speaker 16: H yes, this is our summer concert. My husband and I have been trying, you know, figure out babysitters so we can make it. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the babysitter situation can relate.
Speaker 2: Now, of those three live collective soul our Lady Piece have you seen those bands before?
Speaker 16: I've seen our Lady Piece, but not the other one.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, ur.
Speaker 2: Lady Piece one of my faves, one of my favorites live and collective soul. Jess, I'll tell you what hitter, hit after hit after hit, You're gonna be blown away at them on stage. You're gonna there's there's songs that you just forgot that those guys did, and there are songs that are big and very memorable.
Speaker 16: This is this is amazing.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, big.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I need you to hang on the phone for me. All right, all right, You know we don't talk about enough on this show. What Broadway obviously not Broadway. You know I'm a big Broadway guy.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I'm not an I didn't know you're a bit Broadway Broadway.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: George Clooney's on Broadway right now.
Speaker 2: A lot of famous people are on Broadway. You're right, You're absolutely right. George Clooney is in something called good Night and good Luck. Broke the record for weekly gross for a Broadway show. That record was set a few weeks ago by the Broadway presentation of Othello, which stars Denzel Washington and Jake Gillen. So, I mean, I've never seen Broadway talk about so much right now as these two shows.
Speaker 1: And then there's something Glengarry Glenn Ross.
Speaker 3: That's got Bill Burgh Hearing Coulkin, Bob Odenkirk, the.
Speaker 1: Guy that played.
Speaker 3: Brother in Better Call Saw, and I think like two other people are in it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that is killing right now.
Speaker 3: And I know, like you're such a big it's an insanely expensive ticket to get to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing's more expensive than seeing George Clooney though, So the Wreck I saw, they did a piece on it, and like one ticket was like over nine hundred dollars to go see George Clooney. That's why they just set the record for the weekly gross on a Broadway show. Yeah, the big names that are on Broadway right now, it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's gotta be Bill Burr's first time in Broadway. Yeah, he's making the rounds.
Speaker 2: Nobody's working harder all the stage then Bill Burr. Right now, I mean the view everything like this, there's view there's nothing. He was just on Good Morning.
Speaker 3: America, like he is working it hard that he specialists just out too.
Speaker 1: And they say, you know who's killing it is Kieran Culkins.
Speaker 3: I mean, what is he not one now? Like he's won at all. Yeah, he's doing he's doing.
Speaker 1: A little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: But what I was because he's fresh off of his Academy Award, which is the one movie that was during this whole award season. It's the one movie that I did see and he's great in it. It's just you know, it's Macaulay Culkin's little brother who has just far exceeded his bro. It's ridiculously like this guy is like the actor right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, succession. Can you ever home alone? I don't. I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can surpass that Homlone is the greatest semiatic that thing ever. But I don't think so. I was listening to Bob Odenkirk on a podcast a couple of weeks ago, and he was talking about how a lot of actors like getting into Broadway because when you do, like when you're doing TV or movie and stuff, you don't get the.
Speaker 1: Immediate reaction you don't get to laugh.
Speaker 3: It's so cool and like you deliver a line and you can hear the reaction in real time, Like, yes, I nailed it.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm never gonna get to see any of this stuff right now, but I would love to. I would love to get to see something with one of these big name people in it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, there you have it. The rod Ryan Show talking about Broadway. Look at us culture, look at us who is thought? Did you did your very cultured show? We are Rock and Alternative?
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 2: Am ninety four or five? The Buzz that's three eleven and down. Rod Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday, Number one link today, the most visited link today links.
Speaker 1: Yes shot Josh.
Speaker 2: A few people checking out that that Elon Muskks song.
Speaker 1: Have you you've been busy?
Speaker 2: I know, have you had a chance to watch it or see or hear any of it after you played it for me?
Speaker 1: You weren't in a run. I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna wait time to this show, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just the only reason why I'm asking you to listen to it is I will Is it lampooning? Is it serious? I think people worship this guy. I don't think. I think it probably was real. Oh well, it probably was real. Not a good soul wow because there were.
Speaker 3: No digs, and I feel like they would have been at least a dig, right if it was Sad Time.
Speaker 2: Or the Andy Coffin. You know Andy Coffin. It's like you're just taking that joke to the end and you're not letting on that it's a joke, which I appreciate that too. So three things you Must See Today is something that just in the last hour, people are checking out this crazy, this weird Elon Musk song thirty percent chance of rain today, Claude's guys hies of around eighty two. I got shined down tickets coming up for you next hour. They're coming with Bush and Morgan Wade. I'll have tickets for you closer to around nine ten. Modest Mouse was announced yesterday on the show Flaming Lips on that build.
Speaker 1: We'll give you those tickets on know the show before they even go on sale. Right now.
Speaker 2: I got Alex who's never on sale. I don't know when in sale. I've been waiting.
Speaker 3: Never on sale.
Speaker 2: They're always cheap, Okay, Yeah, deeply discounted at all times, but never really a sale Alex Houston's headlines please welcome morning everyone.
Speaker 3: The Texas measles outbreak continues to grow, with eighteen new cases confirmed over the past five days, bringing the total to three hundred and twenty seven. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, nearly all affected individuals are unvaccinated or an unknown vaccination status, and at least forty people have been hospitalized. Children and teenagers between the ages of five and seventeen account for one hundred and forty of these cases, while children four and under make up one hundred and five cases. Health officials have been anticipating additional cases due to the highly contagious nature of measles, that are collaborating with local departments to manage the outbreak.
Speaker 1: Is this just the Texas problem? Is it anywhere else?
Speaker 3: No? New Mexico and Oklahoma also are having issues. But I do believe it started.
Speaker 1: In Texas, Okay, so regionally it's a yes, region only Okay. Regionally, it is definitely a problem.
Speaker 3: The Texas Representative Jasmine Crockett is catching some attention after referring to Governor Greg Abbott as hot wheels during a speech at a human rights campaign event in la Abbott has been in a wheelchair ever since suffering his spinal cord injury when a tree fell on him while running when he was twenty six. Crockett, a Democrat from Dallas, made the remark while criticizing Abbot's policy of relocating migrants to cities led by black mayors. Republicans have condemned her comments as disgraceful.
Speaker 1: Crockett later clarified that her.
Speaker 3: Intent was to highlight abbots actions regarding migrant locations, not to mock his disability. There has been some discussion among Republican members of the House about censuring crocket for her comments.
Speaker 1: What is censuring to censure her?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: To be censured? Yes, okay, good guy. I saw she was I saw she was trending too, I mean nationally. So the story is, you know, the people are carrying.
Speaker 1: This story for sure.
Speaker 3: Napster just sold to a metaverse brand called Infinite Reality for two hundred and seven million dollars. It got a lot of people asking what year is it. Napster launched back in nineteen ninety nine and is now a much less trendy version of Spotify, or, as I like to say, the iHeartRadio app. They plan to transform it into a social and interactive music platform for virtual concerts. You're gonna be able to buy tickets like normal and use a VR headset to watch artists perform in more intimate settings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lars is probably just oh he's so mad at Bet. You know, he's the one that stepped out there. And Lars is Lars, you know, the drummer of Metallica. A good way to put it.
Speaker 2: He Uh, I was younger, obviously, we were all younger when Napster was around, and I'm like, who.
Speaker 1: Is this guy?
Speaker 2: What's the problem, dude, I'm trying to get some music off the urf man and I don't know that he did a great job of saying or I wasn't doing a great job of listening.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's articulate.
Speaker 2: I wasn't doing a great job of listening back then, where he's like, this is our product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get his point of view, and you can't just dust him. It's like, dude, don't you have enough money?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: This is what he does for a living.
Speaker 2: And we were all getting his music and everyone else's music. We weren't paying for it, and he didn't want that to happen, and he took a very very unpopular stance at the time and took a mile of crud for it, you know.
Speaker 3: And he was like, as you get older and you're like looking back on the young Uich.
Speaker 1: We were stealing. He was just stealing, but we and we wanted to continue stealing.
Speaker 2: We want to steal more, and we didn't want a guy like this Lars telling us that we can't steal.
Speaker 1: You have enough money, dude. He was the man at that point in time. He became the man and we were fighting against the man. Yeah. He was the face that brought down Napster.
Speaker 3: He was kind of a narc. He was just trying to make money off of his products. So I understand it. I just don't feel as older, but I don't feel.
Speaker 2: Enough art has jumped in the ring with him at the time, and he really was kind of all out there and Metallica was out there on their own for a bit before these other artists started to speak up to say, oh, yeah, you're stealing our music too. Yeah, you know, but he started it, and there was a pioneer.
Speaker 1: Move for him. But there's so many crazy things, like the band OAR.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of buzz listeners don't really listen to OAR, but like their whole thing was they found out they were able to find out where the illegal downloads were coming from, like where they were most the most downloaded, and that's where they started playing their shows when they were up.
Speaker 1: And coming band.
Speaker 3: And so they were like, we don't care for take it free, just come see us when we can play at your college or wherever you're living. And I think that like helped get a couple of bands at least off the ground and kind of get them into recognition.
Speaker 1: O R is a great example of that.
Speaker 3: The platform did get shut down in two thousand and one before relaunching as the paid service like we just talked about, but Best Buy bought it in two thousand and eight and it's been sold a few times since then. So being bought Napster being bought is nothing new. Two hundred and seven million dollars pretty crazy though. In Entertainment News, we talked about Gene Simmons offering his fans a chance to be a roadie for a day for the low low price of twelve five hundred dollars. Well, now Jojo Siwah is getting in on something similar to that for her upcoming tour. She's gonna be selling what's called a dream Guest VIP option for nine hundred dollars. You're going to get to come down while they load in the show and help them set up. You're also going to get to test out the drums and DJ booth with Jojo, and even may get to help put together the setlist for that night's show. It also comes with a meet and greet, autographed memorabilia, and a ticket, unlike Jeans, where you still have to buy the ticket and pay him thirteen grand to do it.
Speaker 1: But Jean's the.
Speaker 2: One that brought this to our attention that there is a revenue stream out there that you could make and that's what bands, what bands are looking.
Speaker 1: For the song slaps.
Speaker 2: Bands are out touring all the time, they're paying for backstage meet and greets.
Speaker 1: Kiss was probably the first band.
Speaker 2: They probably were the first band to make you pay hey to go and meet them and get a picture with them.
Speaker 1: They probably invented it that too. Like kissing.
Speaker 3: Metallica are the kings of making you pay for more stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, for sure their product. I get it. But like they are the Kings and been like you want this, it's a little extra.
Speaker 2: So you know, Gene came out with this ridiculous thing like you said, and it is. And now you've got bands that are going to probably be offering this now as you wouldn't roady for a day, become.
Speaker 1: The assistant for the day.
Speaker 2: And it's just another way to make more money.
Speaker 1: So Jean's laughing, he doesn't laughing. Is getting an extra nine hundred bucks to show.
Speaker 2: And there probably is some guy that grew up like me idolizing kiss that will pay twelve grand work for Jeene for the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I have the money. Why wouldn't you do that?
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Gene offers a package to come to your house and play. There's a billion dollars. There's a fifty.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars package out there that Gene will come a year salary and there's a list.
Speaker 1: You can have twelve people.
Speaker 2: You cannot record twelve you're allowed, yes, yeah, you can't have a whole neighborhood there. Gene will come and play in your living room for about fifty grand.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred thousand if you want to have twenty people, let's not get crazy.
Speaker 1: Not a bad gene. What's the Inkeepist doing?
Speaker 3: Inkeebis from man, Brandon Boyd says the band has finished a new album, but are not going to release it yet. He says the album has been finished for two months and it's mixed and mastered. The artwork is currently being figured out and in the process.
Speaker 1: Boyd says that he's hesitant.
Speaker 3: To release it right away because of how easily music gets lost online these days, saying that dropping a new album is kind of like quote introducing a new star into the sky.
Speaker 1: It's special but might go unnoticed. Sounds like an Inkeepist lyric.
Speaker 3: Despite his concerns, the band does plan to release a single soon and aims to put the full album out in October.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Would you tell him you talked to him right, Brandon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish tell him that we will not let this thing go. I we will will, I will.
Speaker 3: I will be your biggest supporter when you put out this single and album.
Speaker 2: We will not allow it to go unnoticed. We will play the song, we will let people listen to it. We'll give it the full red carpet treatment as we do here at the Buzz. Let him know that we will carve out some time.
Speaker 1: I'll message him on I'll come X. Yeah, I'll hit him up. Yeah. When he wants to release new incubus, we'll be ready for it.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's a good buddy, Alex. I'm just letting you know, Brandon, we got you all right.
Speaker 1: The Rockets come away with a wind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it won nine out of the last ten. Did win last night? Beat the Hawks one twenty one fourteen. Jaylen Green had thirty two points to lead all players and scoring on the night. They are still the two seed in the Western Conference. If the playoffs started today. They're going to have a day off before playing the Jazz on the road tomorrow night. In baseball, the Astros lost to the Sugarland Space Cowboys seven to six last night in an exhibition game. They're going to open up the regular season tomorrow when they host the Mets at dyke In Park for Opening Day.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports of Buzz Rock and al Tan.
Speaker 4: Very soon, Ryan Morning Show, I'm six.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four five The Buzz, Red Hot, Chili Peppers, Snow Ron Ryan Show, on a wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, I hope you're up to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: I got a great ticket coming up for you just for hanging out with us this morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's always appreciated. It's getting to be last call.
Speaker 1: If you want to.
Speaker 2: Sign up to come down here and play read my Lips with us, you can join us in studio and play the Chile tomorrow live on the radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang around with big radio stars Alex Chilly, they'll all be here.
Speaker 2: Okay, you'd be right there in between the sandwiched in between the twins.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Still going through some of the feedback. Most of it is really really positive for that new Chevelle song. One of the things that you guys know about me is I just kind of walk through this world like a dope, and I don't know what they're singing about in these songs. It seemed angsty, it seemed I heard the word government and I heard, you know.
Speaker 1: Don't give them an inch something like that was in there.
Speaker 2: But this new I like this new Chevelle song, and I don't really get caught up in some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Rod. I'm a lyrics guy.
Speaker 2: I can't not listen to the lyrics like you can't not listen to the drum beat of a song.
Speaker 1: The new Chevelle song heavily political. This is this came in from Brian.
Speaker 2: It's about the misinformation and lies being treated as truth and evidence replaced by confidence.
Speaker 1: The rabbit hole. It's the title of the.
Speaker 2: Song is the rabbit hole of modern media consumption, where you fall deeper and deeper into misinformation and conspiracy theories the more you look.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of rage.
Speaker 2: Conspiracy addicts are destroying society overall. Opinion, decent lyrics, music sounds like every other Chevelle song. Thanks for reading sock sox, shoes shoe brian Z.
Speaker 1: That's so deep. I need you guys for that stuff. I don't Oh, I can't figure that out on my own.
Speaker 2: You're talking to a guy or a guy is talking to you. That posted this morning on our Facebook page. What movie title describes your last fart? You know, like, that's what I put That's kind of content I put out there.
Speaker 1: You also talk Broadway.
Speaker 2: I did, but some of your answers include pitch perfect, don't Breathe, Backdraft, Blazing Saddles, Fast and Furious, Days of thunder, wicked and brilliantly big.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: A little bit of no, you got a little bit of everything here, you got some, you get some really heavy chavelle lyrics, and then people you know, talking about movie titles that describe their last fart on our Facebook page. Moving on, I got shined down, Bush and Morgan Wade coming to town August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. Tickets are available Toyota Center dot com. If you like a pair of tickets right now, simply if you're still listening, I'll take Color Tech seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 14: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Ninety four five US.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, everybody, rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I got some tickets here for you. Good morning, good morning. How are you awesome? Thank you for asking? How are you? I am great, having a great day. That's good to hear. Who are you?
Speaker 3: My name is Christina, Christina your caller ten?
Speaker 16: All right, excited, super excited.
Speaker 3: I got sho listening all morning.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 2: I got shined down, I got Bush and I got Morgan Wade tickets.
Speaker 1: We all know that that's a she right.
Speaker 2: August twenty seven, Toyota Center. Everybody knows that Toyota Center dot com. Everyone else has to get their tickets. But you got a pair right now, just for listening. And I'm telling you thank you. You said you were listening all morning and that really means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all morning, every day.
Speaker 1: The best we are from it. I'm at past casino.
Speaker 2: Okay, well listen love you meet it when I say it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Have a great time at that show.
Speaker 3: All right, awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thanks Christina online Kid's Alix Online.
Speaker 3: Nine the muzz right what you got by today's Amiel sent to me by my good buddy Raymundo.
Speaker 1: And it is called treadmill Races. It's pretty sick.
Speaker 3: They put a bunch of random objects on a treadmill fire that bad boy up going full speed, and the winner of the race is whichever object stays on the treadmill the longest. So you can kind of just put in your mind. I like, right now I'm looking at a waterme. It's a can of liquid Death, a can of Barks root beer, a can of black duct tape, regular duct tape, a toy Tesla truck, a hot Wheels car, and a toy jeep and they just start that bad boy up and you see what flies off. When it flies off, it's out. Whatever the last remaining thing is is on there. This is twelve minutes of different treadmill races. Wow, you pick a winner, you watch it, you cheer with your friends. If you're at work today, he come over here, Scott, come on over here, check this out. Let's pick you pick away. I'm taking the box roof your can because it's the closest. And then you and the boys maybe throw a little wager down.
Speaker 1: Scott a loss. I love that. I'll go check it out. Treadmill races at the web.
Speaker 3: Finished rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: System of a Down in Aerials. That was a weird example you brought up the other day.
Speaker 2: Bro. We were talking about what Morgan Wade's putting out, like thirty some songs. Yeah, and you said, well, the System of Down put out thirty five songs.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, there, was a caller that kind of threw that out there because they hadn't put out anything in a while. Morgan wall and I must said Morgan Wade, where we had probably could put out a thirty song aubum, it'd be great eight Morrian, while I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Morgan Wallen, this is this third thirty plus album plus album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in the last what five years? Not less? Yeah, system of down. I'll take ten new songs. I don't want. I don't want thirty new songs.
Speaker 3: System, but it would just be funny if they were like, I know, we haven't put out anything, but we've been working on them, and we have ninety songs out of the last decade.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get caught up.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put here for thirty songs. This is what we've owed you for the last twenty years. Like, sorry, so long, Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I've got Modest Mouse and uh Flaming Lips tickets coming up for you on the show. This is something that's so popular with so many people right now.
Speaker 1: But I like how you guys, and.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's your thing. It's just it's not my thing. It's your thing, and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna cap on it. But how many friends do you have right now that say that they collect whiskey, Because now it's like they want they want that cabinet, they want a cabinet full of them, and they want a bunch of them, like I actually collect them. Well, you just have a bunch of booze. You have a lot of booze, you know. But you say that you're collecting them. Well, he's, uh, you drink them once.
Speaker 3: In a while, and yeah, he finds that, Like I've been looking for this specific bottle, like he like look up like specs, like when they have a certain one in stock.
Speaker 2: Oh, when that pappy is in town, forget it. There's a line around the block.
Speaker 3: There's some Crown Royal like flavored whiskey that he wanted, and he would check specs in his city to see if they had it.
Speaker 1: He's I finally got the BlackBerry one. Dude. It's crazy. Yeah, that's your nerdy thing that you're super into, and that's okay. I have I'm finding more and.
Speaker 2: More people that are just into this whiskey culture, right now that are really really into it, I think you'll like this news. A single bottle of bourbon has just shattered an auction record.
Speaker 1: Of course, this is post prohibition.
Speaker 2: It was a two thousand and This is where guys are just gonna totally get a riser in their pants. A two thousand and seven old Rip Van Winkle, you know from the Van Winkle Selections. Yes, of course it's a It's a one of one bottle created by blending together I mean, let me slow it down for you, by blending together barrels which contain ten to twenty year old whiskey. Now, before the auction, the estimated value was between thirty and fifty K. I love how they just completely low ball these nerds when it comes to the things that they love.
Speaker 1: I get it. You got to start a number somewhere. Nobody thought it was going to go for thirty to fifty K.
Speaker 2: Bidding war gets ghost between and then it comes it becomes rich nerds that are all like trying to outdo one another. One hundred and twenty five thousand dollars for the bottle broke the previous record of one hundred and seven thousand dollars, which was a Pappy Van Winkle classic last November.
Speaker 1: I get it, you're into it, But do you drink that then? Or do you just have it on a shelf? You do?
Speaker 2: You? The only experience I have with any of this is it was years ago.
Speaker 1: It was almost twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I was coming back from Mexico and I had already kind of had a pretty good buzz on me coming back from Mexico, and I bought a one thousand dollars bottle of Louis the thirteenth because it's got that Florida Lee, It's got that Florida ly crowned toper on it. Stuff tastes like crap. It's terrible. It's like the rappers drink Louis Trey right wanted. I wanted it because of the bottle and the bottles cool. I have a love of the Florida lee and stuff. I'm a sucker for bottles. I can't believe again I'm telling you that I spend one thousand dollars on a bottle. I got pulled over and the guy just said, I want to see what a thousand dollars bottle of booze looks like? Cause I claimed it coming across. You know, I did the whole duty free thing.
Speaker 1: Ye come across. That bottle right now is forty five hundred dollars. You can.
Speaker 2: So here you go. This is the This is the guy that buys all the guns and he talks to you. It's also my whiskey friend.
Speaker 1: The investment. He has guns whiskey. It's the investment. You know what this is worth. I got this Pappy van Winkle for this. I can get this on the streets and real Lexus like that, Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever you're into that.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, that's whatever you're into it. Again, like me as being a knucklehead. The thing is you asked do.
Speaker 1: You drink it? When do you drink it?
Speaker 3: Well, my dad for Christmas would get my brother and I's it's called Middleton Irish whiskey and it's with one D instead of the two d's, but it's from like the homeland of Ireland, Okay, And so he would give my brother and I that for for Christmas each year.
Speaker 1: For a while. And you like the taste. I liked it.
Speaker 3: I mean I again like it's smooth, but I don't appreciate.
Speaker 1: Like good wine and good whiskey.
Speaker 3: I like that, but like it's sentimental. So it was like when we had my daughter, my dad and I, my brother and my wife, like we did a shot of it together just to kind of like hey, here you go, and like it just sits on there. When we moved, I had like three bottles that I was like, well, I don't really touched these because it's like I need a special occasion, and like anytime there is a special occasion.
Speaker 1: Like is this a special occasion? Okay? Is this special enough to break out the middleton? Let me ease your pain?
Speaker 2: And this is what I was told because I was waiting forever to open up this bottle.
Speaker 1: This Louis Trey.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is going to be big enough for me to open up this stupid bottle that I'm still mad at myself for buying.
Speaker 1: The event is when you open it. Yeah, that's the event. But I'm always scared, like do I want to waste this? Is gonna waste it if I open this.
Speaker 2: But you're thinking of some guy that you haven't had a drink with in twenty years and he comes over and you're waiting for that moment to happen. It could be a guy that you had a drink with last week. But you know what the event is when you open it, that becomes the event. That's what how was it was explained to me. I feel like we're going to see more and more of these stories. This was a one of one bottle that was created, so this one's yeah, just collect that. This one's very unique. But yeah, I guess. I mean, it'd be weird to never open it. But there's guys out there that have wine bottles and stuff that they don't open.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was aged this many years and I'm like, that's cool, and like you're wasting this special moment on me. I feel honored, but like you're wasting it because I'm not appreciating it. Like somebody that really does appreciate whisky, you'd be like, hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at this. This is what is this burbon barrel?
Speaker 2: So my friend Craig, he's one of these guys that loves all these different whiskeys and recently at his house and he's like, but try this. They want to kind of convince you too. Now they're not going to bring out the super good stuff because they know that. I'm like, I have a fuck, I have the palette was like a twelve year old.
Speaker 3: You could be pouring me Evan Williams and telling me, yes, it's a million dollars.
Speaker 2: So you know, he's like, no, you gotta try this stuff. And this is the same thing with tequila guys too. It's all offensive tasting to me. Tastes all this, every one of them. The whiskey is everything. It's offensive. I don't just sit around and sip it. It is so offensive, whether it's on the rocks or not. And he's like, and they're all sitting around waiting, like, Okay, this is gonna be the one that changes this guy, you know, And then I take a sip and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you're right, it's good. Yeah, you're right. Yeah, I see what his hand nailed it.
Speaker 2: It's all it's all rubbing alcohol to me.
Speaker 3: I could tell you, though, if you gave me any kind of vodka and you had a Taca vodka shot, I can tell you which is the Taca. I guarantee you probably because I drank so much of it as like a college kid chili.
Speaker 2: He likes the sipping, you know, he likes sipping on this stuff. He does the shots and I do shots. Of course, I'm shot guy. But sitting around and sipping these things that are supposed to be like really really good, it's it's wasted on me.
Speaker 1: Chili.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, like you gotta have a taste word, Like your thing is beer and then whatever your new drink is.
Speaker 1: That you the gin, the gin and tonic. Yeah, gin, but not many people like gin.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: You have to have like a it tastes for it.
Speaker 2: I find gin to be refreshing, you know, it's like a Christmas tree, but there's still an alcohol. There's still an offensive alcohol thing to it. All alcohol is offensive.
Speaker 9: All liquor is going to be offensive, because yeah, all of it is. Yeah, you just grow like develop a taste for it. Like for me right now, I'm developing a taste for mescal. Mescal, okay, And the first time I tried it, it was just like putting tobacco right in your mouth.
Speaker 1: It was just like that, you know, and I was.
Speaker 9: But then you start kind of taking a sip by sip and then you're like, Okay, my body's tolerating it a little bit better.
Speaker 1: But I mean, are any.
Speaker 2: Of these Pappy van Winklesteins coming around you at all nah, man.
Speaker 9: I'm not I'm out on those. Like the last whiskey I had was or bourbon or whatever. It was the Metallica one, and that was pretty decent. It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they play Metallica music. Yeah, into the caskets.
Speaker 1: Well, no, he wasn't that one.
Speaker 9: It was it was before it, the one before that badge and uh, I also wanted to add that, Uh, Rod, I did have a I did have a shot of that Louis the thirteen at your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want to bust it out. We were very drunk at the time.
Speaker 9: And then we see Rod just cleaning cleaning out some crystals and glasses and everything like he's going on loud.
Speaker 1: Oh so is that the one that Roman dies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm about to say something and about tell everybody more were drinking.
Speaker 1: My friend Roman just grabs the I'm like, dude, that was one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: That's but yeah, he doesn't appreciate that stuff, doesn't know.
Speaker 1: He's just like good.
Speaker 2: Well, but I didn't even get the chance to do the spiel, Like, but this is like a super big deal right now.
Speaker 9: Rod was about to get sentimental and be like guys, I love You'll love you guys.
Speaker 1: We want to do this with you guys. It's like my friend Roman grabs it goes gool like.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, Oh that that was one hundred and fifty dollars, jackass.
Speaker 9: It was funny though.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, a.
Speaker 2: New records been set for that auction for a Pappy something or other a rod Ryan Shows ninety four or five The Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I've got a cool ticket coming up for you on know the show. I knew I would get somebody to bite on this. I knew I would get somebody that listens to the show that is a collector of whiskey.
Speaker 1: It's funny. It's funny.
Speaker 2: I collected baseball cards when I was a kid. I thought I was sitting on a million dollars. That's when my old man said, you know what it's worth, what somebody pays you for it.
Speaker 1: There's a lesson I learned early in life.
Speaker 2: I think as I was going through all the price guides with all my cards. Listener Steve Rodd, I actually collect whiskey and I drink it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Most of the people that I know that collect these things, do drink them. Okay, all right, I started during COVID. I now have you ready? Three hundred bottles.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're a whole like sarage full of them, three hundred bottles. It becomes a bit of a rabbit hole. I opened to George t.
Speaker 1: Stag last night. I have to be delicious. Oh my god, they had to be so good. Huh. I opened a George T. Stag last night.
Speaker 2: I was lucky enough to find it slightly about retail about one hundred and fifty dollars. Secondary prices are close to two thousand dollars everywhere. That's what it becomes. You're looking for that deal. You're trying you're chasing the dragon. You know, you're trying to find that all that dragon.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing. You know what I got this for. It's that guy. You know what I got this for. You know what I got I got that. You know I was there. I just happened to be there. A guy was rolling them out at specs. You know what I got this for. You know what it's worth.
Speaker 5: But somebody will pay for it.
Speaker 1: That's what my dad told me. All Right, thank you, George T. Stag. Come on over for a George T. Stag. Not too much, let's fill it's expensive. Oh yeah, I did worse.
Speaker 2: I got Modest Mouse. I got Flaming Lips tickets for you for know the show tickets we'll go on sale this Friday. Show is August twentieth at seventy one to three music Hall. So when them before they go on sale. Know the show coming.
Speaker 14: Up after this Rock and Alternative for The rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Guys, we gotta wrap things up here, nine fifty one, La La La.
Speaker 2: Yesterday's concert announcement was Modest Mouse Flaming Lips August twentieth, seven to one to three Music Hall. Tickets go on sale this Friday, ten am. Ticketmaster dot com for a free pair of tickets. All you gotta do is prove to us that you know the show. And you got to get through Alex with his question, what is your question about the show today?
Speaker 3: He's a pretty good ticket, so I tried to make it a pretty tough question. We only mentioned this a few times on the show, but Who's husband made an AI twin.
Speaker 2: Of them okay, who looks nothing like her?
Speaker 1: Looks nothing like her? You did, look, I did. It's really bad, terrified, sounds like her, talks like her. Yeah, it's creepy. Oh my god, it's the creepy creepy seven one three, two two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: If you know the show, Hey Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 4: Four point five to the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock and Alternative, ninety four five The Buzz Papa Roach Killed the noise appropriate.
Speaker 1: They close out the show today.
Speaker 2: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, wild Card Wednesday, cloudy skies, nothing over a third. Well, I see up to a thirty percent chance of rain eyes of around eighty two.
Speaker 1: Just keep telling myself that's why I'm holding off on washing the car. Yeah yeah, yeah, chance, I don't know. I don't think I should touch it.
Speaker 2: Yes, now time for know this show on ninety four to five The buzz La.
Speaker 5: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Who's this Josh from our incredible stable of Josh's. I mean it's a beautiful, it's a beautiful stable. It's all it's all top notch. Josh's you know what I mean, all upper socks crop. Yeah, Pappy van Winkle, Josh, oh yeah, it's a top ear. You know, it's single barrel. Josh's aged, aged perfectly.
Speaker 1: Josh. Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing well, doing well.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you being on today, Alex. Your question all right? Josh? Who's husband made an AI twin of them that creeps us out? Jude and Summers, Susanne Summers, Jocelyn, are you old enough? So remember Susanne Summers who we're talking about here?
Speaker 5: Yes, I watched three rounds of Brief Company, and then I did watch wasn't she on uh D? I brought a what show was that? I forget?
Speaker 2: Nobody can come up with the name right now, but I said, I know, because this is this should be Alex's wheelhouse.
Speaker 1: I was already out and about doing horrible things. But on tg.
Speaker 2: IF there was a show with her and her husband was Patrick Duffy. He was the Yeah, he was a guy from Dallas with Bobby Ewing. I think, one day at a time, better days are coming. One life to live days of our lives step step by step, Yes, something like that. We were gonna get there, Yeah, We're gonna get there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She had a whole second.
Speaker 2: Run of her career over there, and then she did the thig Master and all those other things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And she always I interviewed her several times. She was beautiful, she could sing, she could dance, but she just wasn't known for that. She was always known for being that ditzy blonde on that damn And she only did a couple of years of Three's Company before she said, Hey, I'm too big for the show. You got Modest Mouse, Flaming Lipstickets August twentieth, seven to one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Josh, thank you for listening. All Right, we're gonna go out with this whiskey music. Sure, why not? Why would it?
Speaker 2: Well, because we were talking about Matalica too, because of Napster today.
Speaker 1: So Mittalica came up several times on the show. All right, that's it, we got to go.
Speaker 2: So Kenny the cash Man, Well, on the other end of the phone during our fresh out of bed heads ahead was Josh the Goat and Josh the Goat did Josh the Goat things. He did things that you know, twelve times in the Hall of Fame and a two time champion.
Speaker 1: He did those kind of.
Speaker 2: Things this morning, and he's gonna be the one that joins us on the show tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Josh the Goat going for win number two. It's a little game. We call it the fresh out of bad head to head.
Speaker 2: Now there's another little game we're gonna play at A twenty and I'm gonna need Chili's help with this.
Speaker 1: Were you able to figure out who you got coming in tomorrow?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he already confirmed Stephen Harber.
Speaker 1: Okay, Stephen Steple of Stephen's.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's said he was gonna be here on time, and he's already talking smack.
Speaker 1: Well he's playing, he's playing you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's talking smack, saying he's gonna dominate. But the only thing he's gonna dominate is just.
Speaker 2: Because you talk smack. You know that, my Chili. No, I just picked the truth. Hey man, I don't talk to man. Yeah, you do speak the truth. Speak the truth, bro, I don't. I don't talk to mac. I just give facts.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yeah, we already got a heck of a game. Wind up tomorrow at a twenty uh.
Speaker 2: We'll have Stephen in taking on the Chili in twenty so that should be really really fun.
Speaker 1: More of all the tickets that we're.
Speaker 2: Giving away, more of the modest Mouth, the Shine Down Bush Live, Collective, Soul, great shows, Man BlackBerry Smoke's playing on Friday, A Wall Nation Buzzfest tickets. That's just some of what we gave away today. We're gonna do that all again tomorrow. We'll go to move them around a little bit. I gotta bring in some new stuff to talk about. But man, get in the home room, Get in there and take on Josh the Goat.
Speaker 1: Show me that you got what it takes to beat this guy and the goat. Maybe the Goat's rain is over, you know. All right, we gotta go. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's up next to the NonStop Noon or piek of tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: I have a great Wednesday, everybody a m as.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at The buzz dot com