Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app tons to get to, especially in bea route, will just jump into the swamp.
Speaker 2: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 3: The government doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Come man, gonna make this like a reality TV show.
Speaker 2: Was a bad noose.
Speaker 3: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from.
Speaker 5: Washington, d C.
Speaker 6: Hey, Joe, He's a town all too clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways.
Speaker 2: Still a swamp. I have to watch your malarkey, boy, he said, drain the swamp. I said, Oh, that's so Helle.
Speaker 1: You know the thing Israel killed a top hezbla figure. This was a guy wanted by US for his role in the nineteen eighty three bombings of the US embassy in a Marine corbarrack that killed three hundred people. Ibrahim Akil, is that how we're saying his name? A subject of a seven million dollars State Department reward for information leading to his arrest.
Speaker 6: This is just the latest in what has been an absolute crazy week in Israel and Lebanon and the border between the two. Of course, the pagers that blew up the walkie talkies that then blew up the air strikes from yesterday, and then this targeted air strike against this senior Hesblah military official.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the eighties, as different groups vied for control of Lebanon and a US Marine detachment was deployed as of.
Speaker 3: Kind of a peacekeeping force.
Speaker 1: This guy was a top figure and has Blaw's Islamic Jihad organization, and they took credit for that. April nineteen eighty three bombing of the US embassy in Beirut killed sixty three people, and the Marine Corps barracks in October of the same year killed two hundred and forty one Americans.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Closer to home.
Speaker 6: Just last hour, the US Secret Service came out and described a summary of the findings what led to the assassination attempt back in July.
Speaker 5: A former President Trump's.
Speaker 7: Important that we hold ourselves accountable for the failures of July thirteenth, and then we used the lessons learned to make sure that we do not have another failure like this.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 5: That's Ronald Rowe. He's the acting Secret Services for.
Speaker 7: The Secret Service to be more agile with the ability to escalate protection to the highest levels for numerous protectees for undetermined periods of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He went on to say that there were what he described discrepancies between the campaign and the Secret Service on how to secure the site. In Butler, I'm not sure why the campaign gets a say in that. He also said the Secret Service didn't give clear instructions to the local police agencies that were going to be responsible on the other side of the fence, which is where the guy eventually set up out on that AGR building. And that complacency. This is the biggest thing. I think the complacency on the part of some of the people in the command structure led to that assassination attempt.
Speaker 1: They found agents failed to use technology that may have detected this guy as he was flying a drone hours before the event at Trump's protective detail, had no idea. Police were frantically searching for a suspicious person until the shots were fired into the crowd. That they never directed the local guys to cover that nearby rooftop, even though the snipers were willing to do it. That's just odd to me too, that the snipers wouldn't identify, Hey, we don't have anybody over there is anybody over there, somebody go over.
Speaker 3: There, you know what I mean. It's just so blatantly obvious.
Speaker 6: Well, and i'd heard today, I mean I probably had heard it in the weeks after the original attempt. But this kid, guy with the gunman was flying a drone over the area before the rally started, you know, hours before, but before the before the rally started. And the Secret Service has a specific counter drone team to defend against something like that, and they were never they weren't there for whatever reason, or they if they were, they weren't utilized in the hour before the rally started.
Speaker 5: So there's that question as well.
Speaker 1: Who is ready for some hot government shut down talk?
Speaker 3: Do we have our sex music?
Speaker 5: We do, but I don't know if I want to play it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, we did it to sex up the interest rate. Oh, you're right, Congressional leaders are closing in on a deal to avoid a potential government shutdown.
Speaker 5: If you're going to say it like that with that music playing, you got to say it's slower.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying it's slower.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, then you don't get to me.
Speaker 3: That I'm taking my ball and I'm going home.
Speaker 5: My sex music and I'm going home.
Speaker 1: This this bill, it's it's a continuing resolution, really is what it is. Is expected to fund the government until mid December. So again, we're just kicking the can down the road. It's not going to include Republican's proposal to require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote. They say they are hoping to have text finalized this weekend and plan to hold a House vote early next week.
Speaker 3: Coming up later in the hour.
Speaker 1: I love stories about how boring rich people spend their money, and this one is a real home run.
Speaker 3: There is a woman, a party.
Speaker 1: Planner so to speak, who says that she's arranging these kidnap.
Speaker 3: Packages for the super rich.
Speaker 1: It's about a million dollars for ten people they're paying for this, and they essentially are paying to get blindfolded and gagged, tossed into a van and dropped into a derelict warehouse packed with militants.
Speaker 3: I mean. She says, it's an intense experience.
Speaker 1: It involves dozens of actors and smoke and fog machines, and it's wild that people are paying like crazy amounts of money for this kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Signing yourself up for an episode of scared straight. We talked, I have to get this in here because this is really funny and it ties everything together that we've talked about in the last couple of days. A few days ago, we talked about how Gavin Newsom had signed a law outlawing artificial intelligence potentially parody and satire when it comes to election people are election advertisements, and I played for you the the AI generated voice of Kamala Harris that shows up in this ad, and it's very funny and it's obviously satirical. There was somebody posted another one of Gavin Newsom himself.
Speaker 5: Again, this is fake. It's AI, but times. Sorry, I'll play this.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on a second, I gotta get I'm gonna go let it recharge so that it gets to the entacular. All right, here comes this is AI, Gavin Newsome with a statement for voters in California.
Speaker 8: Good evening, California. I come to you tonight to impart a few words of wisdom upon you. First, not all peepee times are poo poo times, but all poop poo times are ppee times. Second, anything can if you try hard enough. And lastly, the poop map is real and it's spectacular.
Speaker 6: Okay, now that was funny. I was going to play that for you anyway. But we were just talking about Chris collins Worth earlier and this actually came over the talk back a few seconds ago.
Speaker 4: You guys just gave me a major brain connection. It's been bugging me, but now I realize why I don't like Chris collins Well, he reminds me of Gavin.
Speaker 3: I hadn't thought about that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Thanks, guys have a great guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you. That's that's a great connection, right all right? In swamp watch.
Speaker 6: Mark Robinson is a Republican candidate for governor in North Carolina, and CNN has come out with allegations that this guy made several inflammatory comments on a message board of the Nude Africa porn site more than a decade ago.
Speaker 3: I have a question, yes, you the redhead in the back.
Speaker 1: Is this a common thing where people write messages on porn websites? Like what messages do you write? Like oh that was hot or what?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: Who wants to hear?
Speaker 1: What the naked dude you know the town over thinks about the porn that you both watched, Like, what is that a thing?
Speaker 5: I don't. I don't know You're you're asking the wrong.
Speaker 1: They talk to each other, They talk to each other on these on these sites.
Speaker 6: I again, I've also not heard if Nude Africa. Just so, just to be clear, Robinson said in a video that he posted last night, let me reassure you the things you will see in that story, those are not the words of Mark Robinson. You know my words, you know my character, and you know that I have been completely transparent in this race and before.
Speaker 1: I think probably the thing that bothers me more than the porn messaging is the third person speaking in the third person means him.
Speaker 6: He says, I'm not going to get into the minutia of how some might manufacture this, these salacious tabloid lies, but I can tell you this, There's been over a million dollars spent on me through AI by a billionaire son who's bound and determined to destroy me. Didn't explain who that was. Necessarily, the Trump team obviously had originally backed Mark Robinson had heard the story and saw that it had something to do with these websites and even the phrase black Nazi, which is apparently what he called himself. So at this point Basically, Trump was preparing to visit North Carolina for a rally tomorrow. He is, I mean, he can't control himself, so he's going to say something about this once he's in the state, and people who have been watching the Trump campaign said that he'll probably deliver a version of a comment he's made in the past, which is he's a fan. I don't know the guy very well, similar to what he said with Laura Lumer.
Speaker 5: We've talked about that earlier in the week.
Speaker 6: I know she supports me, but I don't know anything about the stuff that she writes online. Is a way that he can get away from it, perhaps, So the Matt Gates.
Speaker 3: Story, by the way, yeah, tell me about that.
Speaker 6: So the latest story about Matt Gates is that there are new papers, new legal documents that have been filed with a Florida federal court. They cite some sealed affidavits from three eyewitness testimonies that suggest that Gates was at a sex party in twenty seventeen with the seventeen year old girl who's at the center of the alleged sex trafficking scandal in the first place. Now, this was a party at the home of a guy named Chris Doorworth, a lobbyist, a guy who knows Matt Gates, and he's been interviewed by this ongoing civil lawsuit the Doorworth brought in twenty twenty three. The court filing was written by the defense attorneys who interviewed witnesses, and the lobbyist says, listen, I should not be involved in any of this. He ultimately dropped a lawsuit, but lawyers filed these documents that we're talking about in an attempt to get some of the attorney's fees back for a lawsuit that they say should never have been brought.
Speaker 5: So it's like a couple of degrees of separation.
Speaker 6: But once again, these witnesses placed Matt Gates at that house, at that party in twenty seventeen with the minor girl.
Speaker 1: Several stories have made me want to run directly into the shower.
Speaker 3: That was one of them. Just they're so gross. These guys are so gross, right, It's like ugh.
Speaker 1: Former President Trump was at an event in Washington aimed at fighting anti Semitism yesterday and he said that if he loses in November, quoting here, the Jewish people would have a lot to do with the loss. He says it doesn't make sense Jews who would vote for Vice President Harris. He said, any Jewish person who votes for her should have their head examined. I find it hard to believe. Part of it is habit I think, he said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anybody who's Jewish and loves being Jewish and loves Israel is a fool if they vote for a Democrat. He said, you should have your head examined. We got to get away from labeling giant groups like that one way or the other. You know, Biden stepped on his own shoelaces when he did it. You know, if you vote for Trump, you ain't black.
Speaker 3: Oh that was so cringey. This is right up there.
Speaker 6: And then kamal A Harris last night with Oprah Winfrey talked about feelings as opposed to actual policies.
Speaker 5: You really would love.
Speaker 9: To know what your plan is to help lower the cost of living. Yeah, first of all, thank you both for being here, and yours is a story I hear around the country as a travel and in terms of both rightly having the right to have aspirations and dreams and ambitions for your family and working hard and finding that the American dream is for this generation and so many recently, far more elusive than it's been. And we need to deal with that. And there are a number of ways. One is bringing down the cost of everyday necessities, including groceries.
Speaker 6: M hmm, with a magic wand supplied by the people at Hogwarts lower prices.
Speaker 1: Don't they all have different wands at Hogwarts, Like isn't that?
Speaker 3: Isn't that part of the thing.
Speaker 6: I like the wand chooses you. I think, Oh, okay, yeah, so yes, they all use different ones. But I know what your wand would look like. It would be. It would be a wand and then on the top there would be a butterfly.
Speaker 5: No, no, no butterflies.
Speaker 3: You're done with that.
Speaker 5: Maybe a dragonhead or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, yesterday was such a strong butterfly day.
Speaker 6: No, no, it was imposed upon me. Ah, I didn't call for butterflies, not one time.
Speaker 1: Well, with great power comes great responsibility.
Speaker 3: Man asked for that, No, he didn't.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: The very old Testament Bible college alumni claim that they were made to do free labor.
Speaker 1: Well medicus Jen wrote to me, this is well put. She says, I've figured it out. When Kamala speaks, she sounds like she's desperately trying to meet the word minimum in a high school paper on a subject she knows nothing about.
Speaker 3: Oh, that nails it right.
Speaker 5: That is pretty strong. That's a strong explanation for what.
Speaker 1: Like, you don't have to fill all of that up, you know, you can just just.
Speaker 3: Make your point move on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and there's no you don't get extra points for filling the space us.
Speaker 1: Speaking of filling the space, are we going to have Jason Nathanson on today? The only reason I ask is because he's upset that he's going to get booted for gas Fantasy for play. We usually do the entertainment report with Jason at twelve twenty, but now that it's football season, he's he's been booted, it seems, and now he's texting us and he's sad.
Speaker 6: He liked to be on the show. Well, let me check with producer Keana. Sure, can we do it a next segment?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Well we'll get in touch with Janette then I don't want him to be sad. Janette hotline, see if he's available in the next segment.
Speaker 1: We're running out of people that want to be on this show, so we got to keep him.
Speaker 6: Jason Nathanson is our friend who covers entertainment for ABC News over the Hill in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Janette, we follow don't play.
Speaker 6: Don't even bother playing that thing because I feel bad that I didn't have the schedules set up right this morning.
Speaker 3: He was sad.
Speaker 5: It's not an affront to you, Jay.
Speaker 2: I was sad.
Speaker 5: No, no, don't be sad.
Speaker 10: And I literally was toweling off because I was just getting out of the shower when I got a text, Hey, Hey, can you come on? So I'm I am, I am dripping wet.
Speaker 5: Why do we need you to know that dripping Jae?
Speaker 3: Why did we need that information?
Speaker 10: I like to paint a picture for the audience so they know well done.
Speaker 2: You like to bring them inside. Were you the tent?
Speaker 1: Were you jealous that Deborah Mark was naked in the shower when the earthquake hits. So you needed to take some of that attention away, and you needed to meet me.
Speaker 10: That's new information for me. So now now that I know that, see, that's what the show is about. I'm an old Testament guy. By the way, I'm jew right. Oh, we do share that in common. The first five books the pentateuke if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But Leviticus, man, he was not a happy guy. I know he was unhappy with himself.
Speaker 2: That there's a there's a lot, there's a lot of anger there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that about? What was his deal?
Speaker 10: And and that's why And a lot of us Jews are angry, angry people and conflicted and a lot of sadness and death.
Speaker 2: It's all I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna find out more about Leviticus.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, everybody. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Entertainment?
Speaker 2: What? Wow?
Speaker 5: Strong believe we got you out of the shower. Fort of lots.
Speaker 10: Of lots of stuff to stream. I'll start with something that's probably a little bit more on your radar, which is American Sports Story Aaron hernandez oh yeah, that's the new series debut this week. The first two of ten episodes are on the debut on FX and it's streaming on Hulu right now. This is from Ryan Murphy. So right, he does American sports story, crime story, American horror story, of course, and he's built this into a big franchise. My issue with this, and it's a big issue, and I think I'm going to stop with any of these kinds of shows. From here on out. Is just the fact that I have no idea what's true or not in this. I mean, you're watching it. You're watching it and you're like, oh, I didn't know that, is that true? And you go you look it up and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, well, maybe rumors.
Speaker 10: His brother said that, maybe this, but we don't really know because he is dead and we can't really so they're they're they're ascribing all kinds of behaviors that he had or did to certain things, whether it was a latent homosexuality, who was trying to hide or whatever, and we don't know if any of that is true. So a lot of it's speculation, but it's being presented as here's what happened with the Aaron Hernandez story.
Speaker 1: And I watch it because that guy looks nothing like Aaron Hernandez.
Speaker 10: See that to me isn't an issue because I don't really know what Aaron Hernandez looks like.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember.
Speaker 10: He's good though. The guy who's playing it is actually is really good. The acting is good in it. But you know to have to watch it with one eye on it and the other eye on your phone scrolling through to see what's real or not. I'm just sick of that kind of stuff. So for me, it's a three point two out of ten. Oh no, yeah, I can't. I can't recommend.
Speaker 1: I would not have picked that for you because you kind of have to be in it or like live through it and kind of heard the different things that went on in the NFL and with that team and going back to Miami and all of it to enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Well. For Okay, first of all, enjoy is a weird word because none of that.
Speaker 10: It is a tragic story, but I guess it's a tragic and fascinating story that we all lived through the headlines. So I definitely it's it's one of those things. I remember the headlines. I didn't really get too into the story, but I remember being crazy and wanted to know more about it.
Speaker 2: What happened here? What went so wrong with this one guy?
Speaker 10: And again you're being presented with this stuff that may or may not have been the case, and that to me, it just it's you know, I get it when there's a conversation in a car and they're making up the dialogue between two people.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 10: I understand that you're not going to know exactly what was said there, but when it comes to motivations and things like that, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: So it turns out Leviticus was not a guy. Moses wrote the Book of Leviticus.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, dude, we think you thought it's all about the tribe of Levi.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, and listen, I'll give you that because there are many books of the Bible that are named after the John Paul Luke.
Speaker 10: But that's that's a New Testament, because they're the Gospels Old The Old Testament's Deuteronomy and Leviticus, and you know they're not named after the book of Job job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's some.
Speaker 6: Of the Isaiah.
Speaker 10: I mean there's those Yeah, those are those are people in stories, but they're not they're not necessarily they're.
Speaker 5: Not the authors necessarily, right, correct?
Speaker 1: Right, Like Isaiah is about Isaiah, but it's not written by Isaiah.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I'm learning so much today. This is what I've learned, except I don't know that any of this is true.
Speaker 2: So I feel like it is.
Speaker 6: Can we get Neil or someone a quick question, Jason, And this is a procedural question. Yes, my wife and I have decided we're going to start watching Showgun and we're two episodes in. Okay, is it better to watch it the way it was produced, which is in a lot of it in Japanese with their subtitles or dubbed into English.
Speaker 2: I would watch it with subtitles.
Speaker 10: I don't like dubbing, although I do find subtitle subtitles tough, not because you have.
Speaker 2: To read, but because tough it is.
Speaker 10: But I feel when I'm reading, I'm not watching the pictures they made for me on the screen. I'm not paying attention to the visual aspect so much of the show, so I feel you lose a little something there. But I'd rather do that than the dubbing, although dubbing has gotten much better, but I still don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of dubbing, so I would go with subtitles.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I will continue.
Speaker 2: That's my wise answer.
Speaker 5: Go finish drying off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, put on some clothes for crying out loud.
Speaker 2: I'm drying now. We got through it. I dried off really quick, very quick.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 6: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.