Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Well, the interview circuit continues for Vice President Harris, who was on Sixty Minutes last night. She's going to be doing the view today, can't miss television. Then she goes on to Howard Stern for his radio show, and then tonight on Late's Show with Stephen Colbert. Last night, Tim Walls was on Jimmy Kimmel. Not a lot to chew on there in terms of anything you get out of it, except that Tim Walls is a likable enough guy. He's that humble midwestern football coach that you'd make a I don't know, inspirational after school special out of Trump holds a virtual town hall meeting tonight on health with RFK junior Jadie Vancelby in Detroit. I mentioned Governor Walls. He's in Seattle, Sacramento, and Reno today.
Speaker 1: I was impressed with sixty Minutes and how they pressed Kamala Harris. How Bill Whitaker went after her asked follow up questions. I found some of her answers to just be flat out wrong and scary at times. The ban on price gouging that sounded very communist to me. The whole Trump tax cuts blew up the deficit. Riddle me that how do you connect those things? There were just some things where I'm like, what, like, this is your this is this is delusional? Well, and I mean, and listen, I know that Trump sounds delusional every day. I know that his response to the sixteen minutes interview delusional. I'm not saying one or the other is not delusional. I'm just pointing out when one is. And and last night there were some moments of what we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about that in play some of those moments in a bit. This is going to be pretty bad. The mayor of Tampa, Jane Caster, has said if you do not get out of the way this hurricane, you will die.
Speaker 3: If you choose to stay in one of those evacuation areas, you're going to die.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is an incredibly blunt message.
Speaker 5: And I know you have a lot of experience dealing with these storms.
Speaker 6: You don't say something like that lightly. Mare, I've never said that.
Speaker 3: And ten to twelve foot surge, I mean, if this takes a job to the south that's going to save us from the storm surge. But it stays on the track that it's projected to be on right now, or if it goes a bit north would be even worse.
Speaker 6: Hurricane Milton right now is category four. It was downgraded.
Speaker 1: It's the rhetoric is and I don't want to call it rhetoric because that's irresponsible, but the words to describe these hurricanes keeps getting ratcheted up. Helene was unsurvivable, unsurvivable and now if you stay, you will die.
Speaker 6: I have never seen this before.
Speaker 2: Now NBC's hurricane specialist John Morales was crying yesterday when talking about I've never seen that.
Speaker 7: We want to begin with hurricanes specialist John Morales. John, Now, this monster of a hurricane is a category five.
Speaker 8: Yes, that news just came out right now, and it certainly it's just an incredible, incredible, incredible hurricane.
Speaker 9: It has dropped. It has dropped fifty millibars in.
Speaker 6: Ten hours, which is bad. I apologize, this is just horrific.
Speaker 2: I mean that he's talking about the intensity, that the strength, the speed with which it grew yesterday when he kind of lost his voice there, and it's not getting any better. The idea that this thing is just it has not changed direction. You know, when you get this far out, that the eye of the hurricane itself is just off the Yucatan Peninsula, just north of it, still a couple hundred miles before it even gets to the coast of Florida, and it has the option of veering to the north or veering to the south and causing problems up and down. But right now the path has not changed, and that Clearwater, Tampa Saint Petersburg area is directly in the path of the eye of this hurricane.
Speaker 1: I've looked up the definition of millibars and it's still not clear what that means.
Speaker 6: To me, something of the atmospheric pressure.
Speaker 1: I know that, yes, the meaning of millibar is a unit of atmospheric pressure equal to one one thousandth bar or one hundred pascals. Yeah, yeah, unit of air pressure, and the metric system commonly used in meteorology equal to one hundred past scals.
Speaker 2: What's a pascal? Now you're going down the hole. Here's the mayor of Clearwater, guy named Bruce Rector. He's talking about the condos that exist throughout clear Water and Clearwater Beach and a lot of elderly people living up on the fifth or sixth or eighth floor, they're also safe.
Speaker 10: They don't realize that they're still at risk. It doesn't matter how high you are, Projectiles can come through windows. Are You're going to be without electricity for well was two weeks or longer. Wow, And it's not a safe place to be. It doesn't matter what type of building you're in, how high you are. If you are in an evacuation zone, you need.
Speaker 5: To get out.
Speaker 1: Yampa Bay has been hasn't taken a direct hit since nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 2: Which is crazy because we've covered stories where Tampa's been side swaying.
Speaker 1: And inundated by these not a direct hits, So imagine what a direct hit will do.
Speaker 2: There is some concern about not just the actual storm and is that Mayor was there talking about Bruce Rector and clear Water. It's the days afterward. One of the other issues we heard Governor DeSantis talk about yesterday was the speed with which they needed to remove the debris from Hurricane Helene from thirteen days ago, because that stuff is still lying on the ground of just piles and piles and piles of junk and broken lumber and car pieces and building pieces that will be picked up by this hurricane and thrown around. Even more so, you have the air completely full of these heavy, dangerous projectiles which could cause exponential amounts of damage compared to what Hurricane Helene did just a few days.
Speaker 7: Ago shrapnel from buildings.
Speaker 2: The other thing is is this a political thing? Can Ron de Santis and or Kamala Harris make it political?
Speaker 1: Ron DeSantis reportedly will not take her call with regard to Helene, So I have.
Speaker 2: Her comment on that and then his reaction to her comment when we come back.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty before.
Speaker 1: We get to the sixty minutes interview, and we can do that coming up next, just to put a bow on what could be the most destructive hurricane ever. DeSantis apparently would not take Kamala Harris's call about Helene and recovering from that one.
Speaker 2: This is what the Vice president said before she got onto an airplane.
Speaker 11: You know, moments of crisis, if nothing else, should really be the moment that anyone who calls themselves a leader says they're going to put politics aside.
Speaker 6: And put the people first.
Speaker 11: People are in desperate need to support right now, and playing political games at this moment in these crisis.
Speaker 1: Situations, these are the height.
Speaker 11: Of emergency situations. It's just utterly irrecomple and it is selfish, and it is about political gamesmanship instead of doing the job that you took an else to do.
Speaker 2: Good side note, we got to stop doing that. We've got to stop interviewing off while they're standing next to a giant turbine engine. All right, So then Ron DeSantis says, hold on a second. Nobody ever called me, and the vice president certainly never called me about Hurricane Helene or now Hurricane Milton.
Speaker 8: For Kamala Harris to try to say that my sole focus on the people of Florida is somehow selfish is delusional. She has no role in this. In fact, she's been vice president for three and a half years. I've dealt with a number of storms under this administration. She has never contributed anything to any of these efforts. And so what I think is selfish heard trying to blunder into this. No, she has no role in this process. He did the President of the United States blunder into this. No, So what I think is heard trying the blunder into this. No, she has no question.
Speaker 1: I don't think that that was an answer to that question, because right there in that interview, he's saying, she has no role in this, this is our thing. She's trying to insert herself for political reasons.
Speaker 2: He say, he did say to NBC News that he's never been told that she was ever calling, and he ever turned it down. It never got to him if she in fact calls.
Speaker 1: The aide told NBC News that she called and we didn't answer, right, So that's.
Speaker 7: Well, either or they're.
Speaker 1: Both using this as a political they're both using a hurricane for political purposes. DeSantis, it does seem like he is out there and that he is doing the work and he's just showing up and he's getting the information out and he's running himself ragged.
Speaker 7: But what he should have.
Speaker 1: Done is say, if she's gonna call, we're happy to answer.
Speaker 7: We'll take all the help we can. Don't shut the door on love, right, right, But he sounds, he sounds.
Speaker 2: He can't accuse her of using it politically and then continue to say that exactly because he's doing this.
Speaker 1: And she's absolutely using it as a political. Well, Cloyd, well, here's my question. He's one thousand percent right. The vice president does not have a role in this. Yes, the president asks her to do something, and maybe he has I don't know. Maybe she's now the hurricanes are too, I don't know. But just in general, vice president, though, you get to have a say in how you recover from a disaster.
Speaker 2: It is a call that the governor should answer because it is the vice president, because it is a representative of the administration that I agree with.
Speaker 1: And if there's help that she's going to lend or she's going to direct his way, even if it is for political purposes, he should take it with open arms.
Speaker 2: But this is one of those things to just to add the layer of politicizing a disaster like this. She's again, if I were on her team, I would do this. I would say, you need to act presidential in this thing. You start making those phone calls to the states of Florida and Georgia North Carolina and you tell them you've got this thing under ever you need, regardless of what Joe Biden is doing, you get out there because we need you to look President.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden took a tour of Helene and didn't even remember that he took a tour of Heleene.
Speaker 2: Apparently the White House does say that a European trip that had been planned has been postponed so that the President can stay in town and help take care of whatever please, disaster relief is necessary, So that sixty minutes interview. We'll talk about that when we come back, about how Kamala Harris did, and really arguably the toughest interview probably that she's had.
Speaker 6: Still not great.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of edits in that thing, you could tell, but the hardest interview that she's especially when she's she's on the view today, Howard Stern and Stephen Colbert. That's not a great lineup in terms of finding out specifics about policy.
Speaker 7: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 6: Oh I have a quick note and this is important.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, Amy, we're late. I'm just squirreled today. John Cobel this afternoon, Yeah, two pm? Okay, scheduled to talk with former President Trump? Really two pm today?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: How did Ray get that done?
Speaker 6: It's Ray? Wow?
Speaker 7: Oh that's exciting.
Speaker 6: If you ever need bail, talk to Ray.
Speaker 1: If you ever need a hooker to deliver your bail money.
Speaker 2: Talk to Ray right, and then you need somebody to make sure that that hooker.
Speaker 7: I need somebody to do the news.
Speaker 2: Oh, Amy King not a hooker live in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom.
Speaker 7: Thank you for that clarification.
Speaker 6: Gary, come, you're welcome.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty locally.
Speaker 2: Less than a month remaining before the election, a new poll and the race for La County DA Nathan Hawkman up by thirty points allegedly.
Speaker 7: I'm still like not getting my hopes up here.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fifty one percent said they would choose Hawkman. Twenty one percent said they would cast about for George Gascon. So yes, that does leave twenty eight percent on this, And I.
Speaker 1: Just feel like those twenty eight percent are going to go to the polls and see the name Gascone as opposed to Hawkman and choose gas One.
Speaker 2: That's familiar, is what they would do. Our first head coach firing in the NFL. Yeah, Roberts Sala, that's too bad. I think he is a good looking gentleman.
Speaker 6: That's not what makes you a good coach.
Speaker 7: He's a great defensive coach.
Speaker 1: I would love to get rid of Brandon Staley up in San Francisco and bring a Salah back.
Speaker 2: The Jets added two and three start with arguably one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game in Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers is too good for that team. That's the problem. I mean, it's just a total mismatch and there's no chemistry whatsoever. It reminds me of a really bad date that you just can't get out of for three hours. Every time I watch the Jets play with Aaron Rodgers in that offense, it's like he's got a couple targets, but they never they never seem to be on the same page.
Speaker 2: All of our division series in baseball tied at one one right now. The Yankees Tigers beat the Guardians yesterday to tie the Ale Division series. Phillies Mets first today at two to oh eight, first pitch. Dodgers Padres comes on at six to eight today, first pitch.
Speaker 6: They are down in San Diego.
Speaker 4: Hey, Gary and Shan, I know you're a Giants fan not but in your perspective, welld.
Speaker 2: On, let me clarify. I don't know why they they think forty. Yeah, Shannon is not a Giants fan.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: You don't have to be that adamant about it.
Speaker 7: I'm just adamant.
Speaker 4: Hey, Gary and Shan, I know you're Giants fans. But in your perspective, does this series tonight have the feeling of the old Yankees Red Sox games from the nineties and two thousands where they just blatantly hated each other, throwing haymakers. I don't think he'll get to that level tonight, but does that have it? Does this game have that feel of it?
Speaker 1: Petco Park is going to be a freaking madhouse and it's going to be browned out.
Speaker 2: I mean AaB Padres fans, because we talked about it just the other day that they restricted ticket sales to La County.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so wow.
Speaker 1: Not that there are there's Rods fans that live. Yeah, bitter, little brother, aren't they very bitter? But you know what, I'm happy for Padres fans. I mean, I I am happy for padreson but I feel like they've had their their times.
Speaker 6: I don't know the Padres have.
Speaker 2: Last night sixty minutes, Bill Whitaker from CBS News asked Kamala Harris several questions, in arguably the hardest hitting interview that she's had to sit through. In watching some of the highlights today, I could clearly tell where some of the stuff was edited, and not to not to alter answers or anything that's not what I mean, but just to take up some loose space, probably between the question and the answer. And that I thought about what ABC News did with their interview with President Biden after the debate. It feels like most news agencies should have the ability to publish or broadcast an entire interview unedited, unedited, right.
Speaker 7: I mean, I get that they have to for programming reascents and you.
Speaker 1: Got to a commercial break and all that, But yeah, and the fact that we're hungry for that means that we want more answers, we want more knowledge about the candidates.
Speaker 2: I think it's healthy skepticism also about who's in control of them.
Speaker 1: But Bill Whiker, I mean, he did not pull any punches. He asked about the border specifically.
Speaker 5: I've been covering the border for for years and so I know this is not a problem that started with your administration, but there was an historic flood of undocumented immigrants coming across the border the first three years of your administration. As a matter of fact, arrivals quadrupled from the last year of President Trump. Was it a mistake to loosing the immigration policies as much as you did.
Speaker 12: It's a long standing problem and solutions are at hand, and from day one, literally we have been offering solutions.
Speaker 5: What I was asking was, was it a mistake to kind of allow that flood to happen in the first place.
Speaker 12: I think the policies that we have been proposing are about fixing a problem, not promoting a problem.
Speaker 6: Okay, but the numbers did quadruple.
Speaker 12: And the numbers today because of what we have done. We have cut the flow of illegal immigration by half. We have cut the flow of sentinel by half. But we need Congress to be able to act to actually fix the problem.
Speaker 2: Uh. The first part of that answer was a very political There's somewhere there's a there's a political answer generator online where you just type in, here's the topic.
Speaker 6: How do I answer this without answering something?
Speaker 1: How do I say comprehensive immigration reform, which I've been hearing my entire life in another way, saying nothing for three or four sentences, and she's not alone in that department.
Speaker 6: No listen.
Speaker 2: Shane Gillis, the stand up comedian, does a great Donald Trump and he talks about how you prepare a Donald Trump impression, at least what the words would be, and he said something very similar to what she did in terms of answering the question. You just point out some of the obvious things and then repeat it. It's been a long term problem. We're not the first ones to deal with this issue. There's a lot of people coming across the border. We need a safe order to make sure that we don't have fentanyl pouring into the country.
Speaker 9: We all know that.
Speaker 6: All the stuffs it answered.
Speaker 2: When he talks about Donald Trump, it's like, point out the size of the room, talk about the room more, say again, in the room. The beautiful people are in the great room, and it's the best room ember and they're the beautiful people's Yeah.
Speaker 6: Kind of.
Speaker 2: It's that kind of a discussion of the issues that turns people off of politics because tune out, you're unwilling to get into the dirt and say something, especially this point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we kind of screwed up that first part, but we learned.
Speaker 2: No one ever says that in politic yeah, we probably could have taken what Donald Trump did in terms of securing the border, kept those things in place instead of day one just knocking the fence over, and then altered those things while we were changing the policy to fit our ideals and morals, but not actually destroy what had been done in terms of progress and securing the border. That's not it's not that hard. How much coffee did you have today? I have only had one cup and I didn't even finish it, so I was actually thinking about going to God.
Speaker 1: Another interesting I don't think you need any I think you're firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll see when we come back.
Speaker 9: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: One of the first nuggets that's come out of this is that Trump secretly sent coveted COVID tests to VLA Vladimir Putin for his personal use, and Putin said, don't you tell anybody that you've sent me these? And Trump said, okay, fine, I don't care. And he said, I don't want you to tell an anybody because people will get mad at you, not me. They don't care about me.
Speaker 6: Are those guys buddies now?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: This book is called War, scheduled to be published next week, describes the scene in mar A Lago earlier this year, allegedly where Trump ordered an aid out of his office so he could conduct a phone call with Vladimir Putin, and then the unidentified aid said that the two may have spoken a half dozen other times as well since Trump left the White House. Okay, I'm I don't know if that constitutes the October surprise that everybody's worried about now.
Speaker 1: I think the October surprise is going to be this freaking hurricane.
Speaker 2: And how what the response looks like critical fallout is. Yeah, well, we were talking about the sixty minutes interview that Kamala Harris did with did last night, and there was his reaction, former President Trump's reaction. The interview on sixty minutes with Comrade Kamala Harris is considered by many of those who've reviewed it the worst interview they have ever seen.
Speaker 6: I don't know how many people. It's not like a movie review, it's not like Joker too.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is, don't forget he had the opportunity to also go on sixty minutes and he turned it down. I'm not sure why he thought he wanted, why he thought that was the best move, but he turned it down. His post again, she literally had no idea, which was talking about it was an embarrassment to our country that a major party candidate would be so completely inept. In addition, her incompetence on helping people through the devastation of Hurricane Helen is being reviewed as by far the worst in American history, even worse than Katrina. If that's possible. I can't imagine, and this is a key, and I think this is to your point. I can't imagine anybody living in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, or Tennessee voting for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's going to be the big challenge, right if she wins what happened in the wake of Hurricane Helene in terms of the administration's response to that, because that is a state that Trump carried in twenty twenty. If you've got scores of people who can't leave their homes, can't mail a ballot, can't get to a voting center, that's going to go all the way to the top.
Speaker 2: Well, but I wonder what the offsetting issue is of the people who are upset at the administration for the response, what do you mean, Well, if there are a bunch of Trump voters who can't vote because of the physical conditions, are there other potentially independent voters who are saying, I hate this administration for the way that this is being handled, I'm going to vote for Trump?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: And North Carolina is really the only one that maybe Florida, but North Carolina is really the only one that would be in question because all the others are pretty red states anyway. But he does say this is good news because November fifth, this is the most important day in the history of our country. We cannot bear four more years of incompetence, etc. That was his post from Truth.
Speaker 7: So we are in crunch time, man, crunch time.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to more of the sixteen minutes interview when we get into swamp watch. We kind of ran out of time. How did that airwork go by so quickly?
Speaker 2: Well, we were talking about Ray acquiring hookers, right, bail purposes.
Speaker 7: Yeah again.
Speaker 1: Trump is going to be set to be interviewed by John Cobelt two pm today that's a huge get and you listen to.
Speaker 2: It right before the first pitch of the Metts Phillies game.
Speaker 1: John's got to interview Trump and he's got a Mets game and they're one in one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a big day. And he was in Florida's he's back in town, so I don't know. Uh oh, so he'll be frazzled. My god, that's a lot. I'm going to have to see how he's doing this morning.
Speaker 6: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.