Speaker 1: Upgrade your optic with Hollison where innovation meets precision.
Speaker 2: With fifty thousand.
Speaker 1: Hours of battery life, shake awake technology and a solar failsafe, your optic is always ready when you are Hollowson confidence in every shot.
Speaker 3: From the range to the field. CZ firearms are built to perform when it counts. Known for accuracy, durability, and reliability. CZ stands apart. CZ built for those who demand more. Czfirearms dot com.
Speaker 4: He was the first and he's still the best. For thirty years, Tom Gresham has been your trusted source on all things ballistic, new guns, Second Amendment, personal protection. Be part of it, Call Tom Talk Gun Now.
Speaker 5: Here's Tom.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome again to another episode of Gun Talk. Tom Gresham here. If you want to be part of it, just give me a call eight sixty six Talk Gun or give me a call it Tom Talk Gun. And we had a lot of thanks to talking about. We've got some cool guns to talk about. We've got an incredible class we're going to be offering at our facility where you actually walk away with this. Well, it's a gun we can't tell you about yet because it's not released. But when you take the clash, you will keep the gun at the end. That way, we got so many cool things to talk about, but I do want to get into this right away. This is something I have been saying for many, many years that people just get not complacent, it's more normalized. And joining me to talk about that is Dan wils He is the author of the Good Gun, Bad Guy series. There's a Second Amendment Advocate. He's the host of the Loaded Micah and Dan. You you have a different way of looking at things, and I don't know what your perspective or background is, but you explain things to people very well in a way that often they can't get to by themselves.
Speaker 5: Well, well, thanks Tom, I appreciate that, and thanks for having me on your show. It's always great talking with you.
Speaker 6: When we talk about background checks, you said it, you nail that people it's become normalized.
Speaker 5: And when things become normalized, in other.
Speaker 6: Words, they've been around for a while that people start to people people they mistake the length of time something's been around with legitimacy, and the reality is background checks are not legitimate. Background checks are the antithesis to the Second Amendment. Our founding fathers when they wrote the Second Amendment. They wrote it because they didn't want the government to decide who has a gun. And now, over the course of time, we've given that, we've given that ability back to the government to approve our god given right if they choose.
Speaker 2: So, if they choose, and it's a actually a reversal of the innocent until proven guilty concept with a background check. Everyone is guilty until you go prove your innocence.
Speaker 5: Of course, And it's so it's so wrong, it's so bad ackwards.
Speaker 6: And and another problem with that is not only do you have to prove your innocence, but when you get denied ninety nine percent, depending on what study you look at, it, between ninety five and ninety nine percent of the initial player arm background check denials are false positives. In other words, good people being denied for no good reason. Could be any number of reason, mistakes, paperwork errors, whatever. But so you're telling me now that over the course of time, now I have it's come to the point where I have to go to the government hat in hand and ask them.
Speaker 5: For my god given right.
Speaker 6: And if I and and of all the people they deny ninety nine percent of them or false denials you got to be kidding me. This is this is ridiculous. But Tom, here's the here's the problem. It's been normalized. Yes, and not only do people expect it, they you know, they're okay with them, They're they're fine with it.
Speaker 2: You know. And I wanted to show one do I want to explain to people where do we get the nix the instant background check. It came out of the Brady Bill way back, and the Brady Bill required a waiting period, and so the instant background check was actually put forward by the gun industry to say, look, waiting periods are no good. You're you know, denying people their ability to buy a gun. So let's put it a system where you don't have to wait ten days for the law enforcement to check them out. We'll make it instant. At the time, it was thought that this was a maybe a less bad solution, you know. But you know, to your point is that now it is completely We have maybe two generations of people that have never known anything but having to get a background check. But here's the problem, and I want you to pick up on this. We getting used to that. And then the gun banners come in and say, oh, we have acclimated them to this. Now let's ratchet up a little bit. Let's throw in something called a universal background check.
Speaker 5: So frustrating, you know, Tom, it makes me, It gets.
Speaker 6: Me annoyed when just to hear and hearing the words, because it's so true. You give them an inch, she'll take them while they're always looking for more. And you're right, the universal background check. Some proposals have have wanted federal investigations into people for sharing a gun with a friend at the range, or handing a gun down to your children after you die, or.
Speaker 2: Learning to your neighbor to go past and hunting for the weekend.
Speaker 6: Exactly, it's so. And here's their justification. They try to justify this by saying it'll keep people. Say, first of all, it doesn't keep people safe because the bad.
Speaker 5: Guys, they don't care about the background check system. They laugh at it. But the thing is, if the legal.
Speaker 6: System was working properly, you know, and people could just go to the gun shop and buy whatever they.
Speaker 5: Want, the government doesn't need to know about it, and if the bad guys were in jail, there would be no problem.
Speaker 6: But they justify it by saying, well, we got all these bad people out on the streets. Well, yeah, because you keep storm early release.
Speaker 2: You know, if they're in jail, they're not committing crime on the street. It's kind of a simple concept, but it goes against what they want. Now, there's one other aspect of this whole thing, as you mentioned, going to a gun store. I am old enough to remember being able to buy guns at hardware stores when before there was such a thing as a Federal Firearms license nineteen sixty eight Gun Control Act, and so the Federal Firearms License, a licensed gun store is put in there so the government can control the flow of guns, who can buy them. How it all happens, there should not be an FFL system. There should not be a licensed gun store system. Anybody, any store anywhere should be able to sell a gun without any government records.
Speaker 6: Well, Tom, you're preaching to the choir, and I hope some people are listening who need to hear this, because it's absolutely right. This has become who started. You're started with the Gun Control Act nineteen sixty eight. That was the year I was born, by the way. But you know, then we went to the Brady Act in ninety three, and then we went to the Knick system in ninety eight. This has been a progression. Can we see this, you know, can people recognize what's going on here. It's just it's unbelievable that we have just kind of said, oh okay, you know, and we even have gun owners in our own community kind of just accept it. And you know, I mean, hey, I kick and scream. I'm one of those guys. I hate it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know. And you also point out something I'd love to get your waigh in on this just a bit. You identify one of the key tactics of the gun band industry, and that is to get you to look at one hand like a magician while they're doing something with the other hand. So we get all of our people and they respond to the obvious whatever the obvious gun control challenge of the day is, and they're spending all their energy there, all of their angst on that when the gun control movement is actually going back behind kind of surreptitiously, quietly, out of sight and doing other things.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's how they do it.
Speaker 6: And we, you know, we kind of go along, I think most of the time innocently just expecting that our Second Amendment will protect us.
Speaker 5: And you know it's not enough. We need to we need to protect it.
Speaker 6: And a lot of times people we sit back and we don't do the necessary work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then and people get killed for this stuff too, Because you know, I was I just wrote an article for Donnos in America. Carol Bown was a woman in New Jersey who was stabbed to death by the guy she was dating. Now, the Jersey government made her wait forty three days while they decided whether or not she could exercise her god given right. And in that forty three days.
Speaker 6: Even after having restraining orders, and the police knew about this guy, and they knew he wanted to hurt her.
Speaker 5: Forty three days she waited.
Speaker 6: On the forty third day, he stabbed her to death while she waited.
Speaker 5: For the government to approve her background check.
Speaker 2: Not the first time we've heard this story before, where women apply for a permit to buy the gun, or for Carrie permit, but generally even to buy a gun. And during that period of time, because she wanted this gun to protect herself, while the government's trying to decide is she worthy of being able to protect her own life, somebody murders her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a horrible thing, and I think I think we have to look at it like, what would our founding fathers say if they saw if they were able to come back to two thousand, come up here to twenty twenty six and see what's going.
Speaker 5: On, what would they say. They would they would want to they would want to slap.
Speaker 6: Us because no doubt we are abusing our rights.
Speaker 2: Oh no, kidd all right, So tell people about the Good Gun, Bad Guy series.
Speaker 6: Good Gun, Bad Guys a book series, three book series that I have been working on, and it's it talks about a lot of the stuff we're talking about today.
Speaker 7: It talks about a lot of other things related to the more of the social aspects of the gun control crowd, how they are able to convince society that we need more gun restrictions, and how they use their propaganda in the narrative.
Speaker 6: So it's a it's a pretty in depth book series.
Speaker 2: It's excellent. I mean, I would recommend to anybody who if you're really interested in the Second Amendment and how the gun control movement actually works, what they really are doing. Dan's books are terrific.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 2: I appreciate what you do hosting the Loaded Mike. You're working with goa. You got a lot of things going my friend.
Speaker 6: Well, thanks Tom, and if people want to check out the book series, they can go to.
Speaker 5: Good Gun, Bad Guy dot com.
Speaker 6: Good Gun, Bad Guy dot com and Tom, I.
Speaker 5: Really appreciate what you're doing as well.
Speaker 6: You are one of the staples of this of the Second Amendment community, and we really appreciate you, and thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely by take care all right, don't go far gone. Talk of you right back.
Speaker 8: For generations Colt's battle proven rifles ever in the trust of those who defend our nation. The Cult N five car Being continues that experience with a true free floating barrel system, enhanced ambidexterus controls, and reinforced durability for long term performance. Built from military, law enforcement and hobbyists alike, the M five delivers the reliability professionals and enthusiasts demand. Visit your local Cult stocking dealer and experience the Cult M five car being, Cult Proven, trusted ready.
Speaker 9: Whether it's for self defense or everyday carry, a quality Surefire light can be a lifesaver. Surefire builds the most rugged handheld and weapon mountain lights on the planet. Manufactured right here in the USA to give you the upper hand when it counts most. Don't settle for good enough when your life is on the line. Go with the proven performer. Go Surefire. Find your setup at surefire dot com.
Speaker 10: Owning, shooting, and carrying firearms is your responsibility. Range Ready Studios offers gun training classes taught by top level instructors with real world experience. Range Ready delivers basic and advanced classes for pistol and rifle. We also offer a lady's only handgun course. All these training classes at range Ready prepare you to use your gun and win the fight. Find us at rangereadystudios dot com to learn more.
Speaker 11: The six Arc was developed to provide increased performance in the M four AR fifteen platform. The six arc pushes a ninety grain dual performance at twenty six hundred and fifty feet per second with over one four hundred foot pounds of energy. The monolithic solid copper bullets design allows pedals to separate after impact, spreading to create wound tracks and significantly adding the terminal performance. This round is an exceptional option for your modern sporting rifle. Black Hill's ammunition the power of performance.
Speaker 12: Two hundred and fifty years of American Liberty. Ruger is honoring that milestone with firearms worthy of the moment. The two hundred and fiftieth Anniversary series distinctly marked with made in the two hundred and fiftieth year of American Liberty. Each limited production model echoes Ruger's legendary nineteen seventy six bi centennial line while celebrating the freedoms the Second Amendment has safeguarded for generations, from the iconic ten twenty two to the lcpmex the Super Wrangler to the American Rifle Gen.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 12: These aren't just guns.
Speaker 2: All right. At that time of year when people are going out to the range doing a bunch of shooting. You know, the weather's good, well, sometimes it's hot, but you can do an early morning session if you're going outdoors. And obviously the indoor ranges are available all the time, so they're doing a lot of shooting. People are actually buying guns because right now it's like they're having a huge sale. Everywhere I look. The prices are down, gun sales are down slightly. And when sales are down even just a little bit, the gun companies come up with incentives and programs and sales and so if you look around, poke around, you'll find some pretty darn good sales out there. So the question I have for you is what are you looking at? Anything gotten your attention recently, or maybe something you bought, or what have you been taking to the range? I asked a question on X a little while ago this morning. Essentially it was on average, how many guns do you take to the range when you go you're going out for the day, you're going out for the morning. How many guns do you take to go out to shoot? As soon? It's not just one, but it might be just one and that's okay, but sometimes it's more than one, and sometimes it's a bunch, just curious wondering number. Here is Tom talk gun Brett called in. He's in Wheatfield, Indiana. Hey, Brad, I appreciate your patients. You're on the air. Go ahead, all.
Speaker 13: Right, Well, last week you had a guest on talking about to call the federal or go on line for a federal register to you know, make a comment.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, where they got the public notices and you can make a comment on here, right, So.
Speaker 13: I said, okay, but how how so I actually no, I'm an old gun. Okay, so you know, computers aren't my first thing, but any rate, I figured it out, and I was wondering, maybe I'd like to path on what I figured and maybe other people would have wouldn't have to go to the route of just figuring up out themselves. So if you're if you're interested, first you go you go to Federalregister dot gov, right, okay. Then you answer search and you can put in the term or a citation, but you know, just put in atf rules for instance, you know, and there's there's a craft load. So what you want to do then now is hit Newest. Otherwise you're getting stuff from years ago, you know what I mean. So the comment period is over, so don't waste your time even reading them. So once you're at Newest, then you scroll down and you find one you want to comment on, but you got to read it carefully because you know many of them are in government ease, so it can be confusing or maybe just me, I'm an idiot, you know, Okay, well, thank you. Uh So you pick one and then you make a comment. And the thing is the timeands to be a start short. As I agree with the rule, it should be changed to this or I think it's a bad idea, you know either, I mean super you don't have to write a paragraph or a couple of sentences and that's all you do, and then you pick one again, and pick one and then pick another and another and rinse and repeat. So I commented on I think two or three. And then they give you an opportunity to put your email in there so you can, they'll send you a confirmation that you can put it in there. And it really ended up to be pretty simple once I figured out where to go, I guess the most confusing, hardest where to go. And then you've got to really read them carefully because they go on and on about this they have. The other thing is like.
Speaker 2: What hush, you know, and let me throw out a thought here. The other thing, you know, Yeah, you went on. You went through the front door and drilled your way through and all that, and good on you for having the perseverance to do that. The other way to go on that, of course, is to get on the mating list of the NRA when they're sending out these things, or to follow me on x which used to be Twitter, where we actually are posting the link to say this is the propose and here's the link. And when we have the link, you click on that and it takes you directly to that proposal so that you can comment on it and you can eliminate all of that stuff.
Speaker 13: Wow, well that would have been easier. But well, I am an endownment number of the NA but I don't have a Twitter x xyz thing, so I can't get yourself.
Speaker 2: You know what, if you'll go over to the nra ILA website, they've got a like a grassroots deal. You get basically an email newsletter and they will send you emails regularly and say, here's a proposal, here's the thing, here's a comment period. It's just a way, and there are other ways to do that. But yeah, but look, congratulations for figuring it out and also for taking time to come and share that with us. It's once you figure it out, you've already gone through the learning curve on this. It's not that difficult, is it.
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 13: No, it's then it's really easy. And again, you don't have to make a book length thing. Just say I think it's a good idea, or I agree or I disagree with the change, and that's it. You know you're in and out.
Speaker 2: That sounds good. Look, I appreciate it. They're very good. And these are important because these comment periods are open. We need to be responding to them because the anti gunners do, they get organized, and they have actually taken away some of the good measures that we're trying to get through at ATF because they simply responded in greater numbers than we did. So we got to once again get off our rears. Speaking of which, we're one hundred days away from midterm elections. The left is energized, the right is not. Democrats are energized, Republicans are not. Predictions are We're going to get hammered in the midterms, And that's certainly true if we don't show up. Basically, the world belongs to those who show up, as simple as that. So I spent part of the morning this morning watching Shooting Sports Life. That is the new television network that we created. Somebody said on the line, said, well, I thought it was just a network you guys were on. No, no, no, it's our network. We have created an entirely new television network. It's all about shooting and guns and the shooting lifestyle. It's called Shooting Sports Life. If you go to Shooting SportsLife dot org or dot com. Rather my mistake. You can find it there Shooting SportsLife dot com. So I'm watching several of the episodes from First Person Defender, which is, if I do say so myself, absolutely excellent some of the best thought provoking shows you can watch in terms of self defense with guns. What do I do?
Speaker 14: If?
Speaker 2: What do I do afterwards?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I never thought of that. Oh wow, there's this time there was one attacker, this time there were three attackers. Would I do you know?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: He could have gone through that door back there. So I'm watching this and they're just all of these teachable moments and they're just so good and to the we keep seeing the same thing over and over again. Our minds tend to be polluted with what we have seen on TV shows and in movies. Specifically, if there's a scenario where somebody gets attacked and they do, in fact use a gun in self defense, and the bad guy goes down, and these scenarios, about eight times out of ten, the good guy in the scenario will then walk over, very carefully walk over to pick up the bad guy's gun or to kick the bad guy's gun away. And then we ask him afterwards, why did you do that? It's like, huh, just because that's all they've ever seen. Because that's what happens after shooting. The cops go over and kick the gun away. Why stay away from this guy? He just tried to kill you. You can walk up to him and he reanimates and picks up his gun and shoots you. Why aren't you backing away and getting behind cover. Why aren't you, you know, going behind a building and calling nine one one. You have no reason to walk up there and do that. The other one that happened, and I just watched it today is a guy actually succeeded in the second scenario when they redid it by doing nothing. Multiple bad guys robin people. He could have shot him, and he didn't let him go. Nobody got shot. As simple as that, he wins. Everybody wins on that one eight six six Talk gun or Tom Talk Gun. That's our number here, be right back, all right, it's time to talk about shotguns, because honestly, I think maybe shotguns don't get as much attention as they should these days. We're joined right now by Chris Serno. He's the director of training for Gun Talk Headquarters, range Ready Studios. Chris, glad to be here with you. Man.
Speaker 15: Oh Tom, this is great and it's good to see you because we can see each other this.
Speaker 8: Time for once.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy. So if listening to this on the radio, they can actually go flip over and they can watch the video we're doing. We're going to have that on all our channels here shortly. So all right, the reason I wanted to have you on, well, we're going to talk about several things. But you're doing one of our experience classes at range Ready Studios. You might want to tell them what their experience thing is.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 15: So experience is not like any other class we have. And now that we have Shooting Sports Life our new TV network, we're filming this for an episode of range Ready TV.
Speaker 2: So if you're here, you get.
Speaker 15: A cameo appearance on that. Experience is a little bit more than training. I mean, you get to be out here with us. You get to see the inner workings. We got people coming in from Benelli. We've got Greg Ellifritz coming in to teach the class as our primary instructor. With me, it's it's a lot more and Tom get to keep the gun. You get the gun, you get the gear, we provide all the AMMO.
Speaker 2: This is a big deal, all right. So this is a brand new shotgun from Benelli and they're going to do a shotgun class, the two day class Arrange Ready Studios and Greg Alifertz is going to be teaching. And here is the real deal. I mean, he is somebody who really need to pay attention to. And at the end of the class, you get to keep this brand new shotgun. Which, by the way, there's a reason that Chris is not holding the shotgun right now because we can't release it yet. Right.
Speaker 15: This thing doesn't even launch until sometime in August. And I here's what I can tell you about the gun.
Speaker 8: Tom.
Speaker 15: It's a Binelli, it's a semi auto. It's a tactical shotgun. It looks really really cool and it's a lot of fun to shoot. And it's so cool that I'm actually going to get one too.
Speaker 2: That says a lot, because you got access to pretty much all the guns out there, and for you to say you want one of these, that tells me something.
Speaker 15: Right, the way I see it, Tom, is this is such a nice tactical shotguns it's so modern, so new, so up to dates that I really don't have anything like this in my safe.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 15: I've probably got at least a half a dozen Banelles, if not more. You know, I shot on the three gun circuit with Bonelli's for a long time, and of course I'm.
Speaker 2: A fan they last they work.
Speaker 15: This one is really cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's back up. There seems to be I'm gonna get your take on this. My thought is that a lot of people now don't pay attention to shotguns because they think, well, for home defense, I've got my ar I got my pistol, and I think maybe the utility of a shotgun is lost, particularly on a lot of the younger, newer shooters.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 15: The shotgun is a great gun. It's funny because just this week I saw something from like palettin press or something, the old one of those old videos that I start with a P.
Speaker 2: I can't remember, but probably Paladin. It was an old.
Speaker 15: Video, older guy talking about shooting through walls and different guns and different loads with the shotgun, and he ultimately said that the bird shot load and a twelve gage shotgun was a great home defense round. Same day, Tom, I see you on an old guns and Gear video playing on SSL because we keep it playing around here and there. You are going over and over about the twelve gage and you had three targets out in front of you, and you're like, yeah, it's not just a room sweeper. You still got to aim and it still delivers the payload. And you think you were at twenty feet and you were just punishing those cardboard targets with no problem to the targets next to them, And it was just funny how this has all come together.
Speaker 2: Well exactly, And think about shotguns. The magic of shotguns is that you have all these different loads. You have buckshot, bird shots, slugs, and then knowing when to use which. And I know there are people are going to lose their minds whenever we talk about using bird shot for home defense. And it's not ideal except when it is, because there could be could be situations where it works, and people go, that's not going to hurt anybody. I said, really, walk up to five feet right, five feet from a target and shoot it with bird shot and watch what happens.
Speaker 15: What's your average distance in a room? I mean, let's talk about ten to fifteen feet in a house and a load of bird shot. I can't tell you how many people I've seen on the streets back in the day that still had the wad stuck in that gaping hole in their chest, lanked dead on the pavement.
Speaker 2: We you know, I you remember, I head head over it at gun side. Ed would say, you know, you could shoot people with a rifle or a pistol, he said, but with a shotgun you disassemble.
Speaker 15: Them one hundred percent. And the great thing about a twelve gage shotgun semi auto shotgun is you can hunt with it, you can compete with it, you can protect with it. I keep one. I keep a binlam two on my side by side in my yard. I mean it's magnetized, it's six right in there, and I've got it loaded up for part of their control.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, just about a.
Speaker 15: Month ago, I had a coyote at high noon, thirty feet from my chickens. I managed to get across the porch out the door and it killed that sucker in bird shot. I've granted it with six as high brass. Six is because I want to be able to reach out and touch something. But I killed that thing dead right, that gun.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this class. This is for people to understand the experienced class. You actually created it to kind of mimic what gun writers and gun tubers get to do when they go to a media event where a new product is introduced, and that's actually what's going on here. This is Banella. You're introducing a new product and there will be some media people there. But you can sign up for the class. If you go to range Readystudios dot com you can sign up and you could have that experience. Right.
Speaker 15: We just launched this one yesterday, yesterday evening. We've already got people signing up. I don't think everybody's seen their emails yet. Normally these things sell out in twenty four to forty eight hours, and we're not at twenty four hours yet and people are signing up, but it is. It's like a media event. You come in, you get the VIP treatment. We treat you like family, which is of course what we do here at range Ready. You get the key, the gun, you get the sling, you get the dumpouch, you get all your AMMO provided your targets get hung for you. You don't have to do anything. You get world class world class training. I got Greg Elliferts coming in. I can't tell you how many people said, are you going to.
Speaker 8: Bring in Elfrits for this?
Speaker 2: Are you going to bring in elforts for this?
Speaker 15: Of course I'm going to.
Speaker 2: You're going to get the training, work class training. The AMMO is provided, the targets are provided, the accessories, all this stuff is provided. And at the end of the class, you get to keep the shotgun.
Speaker 15: That's right, And if you live here, we are going to let you take it home. We're going to do the NIXT checks right here. But if you live somewhere out of state, we're gonna ship it to you to your favorite FFL.
Speaker 2: It's going to get done, all right. So give me a couple of tips about self defense or shooting shotguns with people might know but might not know if they're not real familiar with it.
Speaker 15: On my home defense shotgun, I've got buckshot in it, but I also have a side saddle with slugs in it. I love the idea of being able to reach out and touch something need to, because predators aren't necessarily always a two legged predator, so I like to have that versatility.
Speaker 5: But I also like to have some.
Speaker 15: High brass sixes something like that that I can reach out and get those bad predators that are coming in that I need to shoot on the move. That's a lot easier for me. The twelve gage shotgun is just an extremely versatile and legendary platform. I hate I like to say firearms platform, Tom because I don't like to say weapon because it's not a weapon.
Speaker 2: It's so useful.
Speaker 8: It's a tool.
Speaker 15: A shotgun is truly a tool.
Speaker 2: No, I like it. Now, do you have any accessories on your personal home defense gun?
Speaker 15: On my home defense gun, I personally have a light and a laser from Crimson Trace, one of our favorite companies, because at night there is no faster way and more accurate way to shoot a shotgun. I also have a sling and I keep a side saddle on and mine is one of those kinds that the thing sticks on, but then at velcroz, so you can pull that side saddle off if you need to.
Speaker 2: Right the laser. Of course, at night, you just put the dot on it and the SHOT's going to go where the laser is.
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh, I cheek the gun. I look over it. I tracked the laser just like I would track the beat on a shotgun site. And I can't tell you how many armadillos have met their maker in my yard in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: You are the predator getter. Bet you want them off of your land, I know. And you got those chickens. I know you're always looking for the fox and the coyotes. Absolutely.
Speaker 15: I mean, I've always got to be honestly, Tom, if you walk in my house, you're going to see You're gonna see one Banelli on that side by side right away. There's another one in the living room, and there's another one in my in my bedroom.
Speaker 5: I have three.
Speaker 15: Banelli's that are ready to go at all times. And honestly, it's just kind of my go to weapon.
Speaker 2: All right. I got to tell you a story way way back with Dad was writing for Sports the Field. He pitch them an idea. He says, look, let's try a bunch of semi automatic shotguns and just test them and see how they run. Oh, that sounds great. So we're at to the local range, invited everybody to come out free m O shoot clay targets, have a bunch of fun, put five different shotguns out and just put a clipboard next to each one and make a note if you get a malfunction and they just shot them without clean you're shooting, shoot and shoot. And they just just went on and one by one these shotguns went down, and you know, the Banelli kept going until they finally just had to give up with the test. It never did stop.
Speaker 15: That is fantastic. I mean I've shot you know, I've got m two Banelli's that were of course modified and hopped up by Mark Roth from x Rail. I've shot those guns and three gun for years. I love to shoot the low recoil slugs, the three quarter ounce or the seven I think there are seven a sounce slugs. It runs like a sewing machine. And being able to do that, mine holds twelve plus one. So we're talking about a lot of slugs. It's a lot of fun, right you know. You get your low recoil buck, you get to your flight control buck. Those things are great options in shotguns, you know. And and of course I did a big segment last year with some shotguns, and I did some breaching stuff. You can look it up online undergun and I did some breaching stuff and I used I used regular breaching rounds, but I also used bird shot. Of course, with bird shot and breaching, you gotta worry about secondary you know, projectiles. But a pinch in an end times, man, you cannot disregard the shotgun for so many tasks.
Speaker 2: All right, what about mini shells?
Speaker 15: Oh well, this one's not going to shoot mini shells, although we did already shoot.
Speaker 5: Some mini shells through it.
Speaker 15: You just got to hand cycle them, Tom, and they did cycle when we hand cycle them, and it is just.
Speaker 2: Like a little power. It's so little powder buffaloads. So we got the Banelli Shotgun class. The experience coming up with this gun. We can't tell you any details about, but it's going to be announced right before the class actually happened, so people will see that. And if you go to this thing, if you sign, if you're able to get in, you're going to actually get to keep the gun. Chris, this is phenomenal. I really appreciate you telling us about this.
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is September seventeenth and eighteenth. The gun launches first week of August, so if you've signed up for the class, you're probably going to get to see what the gun is. And I would venture to say there won't be one person that says, oh, no, no, I want to back out of that class because that's just not my best.
Speaker 2: Now, once they see it, they definitely want to go. Chris, thank you so much. I appreciate sir. Awesome.
Speaker 15: Thanks Tom.
Speaker 2: Always fun to chat with Chris. I mean, he is the real deal. Guy's got tons of experience in law enforcement, local and federal. A instructor at Fletsey, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Air Marshall done a lot of interesting stuff. What guy. When you go to rains Ready Studios and you take one of our classes, you get the full Chris, the full treatment, and he is intimidating and funny as a stand up comic at the same time. It is just a fun deal to do that, and you definitely come away with some good training. Shotguns, we did some testing. Boy, it goes back ten plus years now. Everybody's always talking about penetration, wall penetration. Will this thing shoot through walls? We're to go out into the house, or we're to go into the street. Where to hit your neighbor's house. So we said, well, let's try this stuff. So we built three walls. Each wall had two pieces of sheet rock, a dry wall, on studs, and then the last one had dry wall and then insulation and then exterior board like you have on a house. And I think we had them ten feet apart just to make it easy, and we shot them with a lot of different things just to find out what would go through how many walls, from air fifteen's to hunting rifles to all manner and different cartridges of handguns and shotgunloads. So what was interesting. The basic takeaway is that most almost all handgun rounds would exit the house, would go through all of the walls. Forty five nine, three eighty I think three eighty went through all three of them. Trying to remember twenty two is noo. And then rifles yes, hunting rifles yes. But you know what didn't go through all the walls. The AR fifteen will a full metal jacket bullet over and over you shoot it. Just the first wall goes through, turn sideways, hits the second wall probably doesn't go through. If it does, it doesn't go real far. It might just hit the third wall. Generally penetrates less than other rounds. Shotguns were interesting slugs you would expect, and they did. They went through all three walls, exited the house. Buck shot. However, Oh, it went through all three walls and exited the house. Also, a lot of people think, yeah, buck shot, that's not going to Yes, it will goes through all of them. Bird shot. No one wall done, and it just spreads out and it dimples the second wall. And I get it. Bird SHOT's not ideal. It drives people crazy whenever you talk about it. But again, I would say to this, to this to you in certain circumstances, limited circumstances. So you lived in a house trailer and you're concerned about over penetration, and the rooms aren't going to be very large, and you want a self defense rig, Well, honestly, how far can it be away from you? Ten feet twenty feet? I would ask you to go to the range with your shotgun, with a load of sixes bird shot sixes, and shoot cardboard targets at five feet not yards feet, and then ten feet, and then fifteen and twenty feet, and wash the holes that blows right through them, and ask yourself would this stop an attacker? The answer is, well, yeah, it would as a matter of fact, certainly would Let's see a jem. We've got time to get brand in here, not we don't okay, Brand, hold on, we're gonna get to you after this break. I don't have quite enough time to get you in, and it wouldn't be fair to bring you in at this point. But if you we're gonna get brand, we'll also have room for you if you want to call us eight sixty six Talk Gun or Tom Talk Gun. Shotguns are a really good option. One other thing, by the way, you noticed that Chris said at this class, you're gonna get the sling. All these shotguns are gonna be equipped with slings, and people are gonna get training in how to use a sling with a shotgun. If you have a self defense shotgun or if you have a self defense ar, it should be wearing a sling and you should train with that sling. And if you don't know what to do with the sling on it. That's why we have classes, either ours or somebody else's, and go get training and learn how to do it, and then you can practice it. Shooting by yourself is not training. Training involves having an instruction. Simple as that. Don't go far. God talk with me right now. I mean, I'm having way too much fun over on X. I just posted a picture I created out of artificial intelligence. Used AI to create a picture of a nineteen eleven firing a bullet. Wanted to see the bullet in the air out of the muzzle. AI is not as smart as you think. The bullet has two points at forward and backwards. It's just the weirdest thing. And there's a rifle cartridge piece of brass coming out of the top of a nineteen eleven. But it's clever, it's cute. Okay, never mind so much for AI online too. Whether it's ad of Wyoming brand, you gotta range report for us, go for it.
Speaker 14: Uh you know that promo that you just ran about, you know, put all your gear on and roll around on the ground whatever you and then get up and whatever you don't have you're not going to have in a fight. Yes, well I kind of did that, and inadvertently. I drive a truck for a living, and I have to get underneath the trailer at times to lift an axle when I'm light and in the course of doing that, I my holster. I leaned on it and I pushed the mag release button and I ended up losing the magazine. So rather than go across country, depositing magazines at various trucks up. I asked somebody what should I do. I was gonna, you know, wait until I get home and run a drill in where the mag where the leather was pushing on the mag release button. And a friend just said, launch, just cut it with a knife. And I'm like, well, there's an idea. So I cut that section out with a knife and I have not had a problem since. And I roll all over the ground with my holster on, and I am not suppositing magazines across America anymore.
Speaker 2: You know. It's a great point you're making here, which is test this stuff. You think, Yeah, I wear it all the time, and people say, well, why would you be on the ground? Trust me, I always ask people in the classes, said how many people here have ever been in a fight, even way back in grade school? And hands go up, and I said, and during that fight, how many have you ended up on the ground? And everybody who's been in a fight ends up on the ground, right right, So yeah, So if you're rolling around on the ground and your gear is coming apart and you're dumbing magazines or things are falling off of you, those are things you're not going to have in the rest of the fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So, I mean I never I hear that promo and I never tried it because I'm like, it's going to hurt if I roll around on the ground. I don't want to do this, but I had to do it for work, and sure enough I learned the hard way because I went like a day and a half thinking I had a loaded gun, and all I had was the equivalent of a contender on my weight, and all.
Speaker 2: That shot a single shot. All right, a little bit time we got left. You got to talk about a Browning M two machine gun.
Speaker 8: Louis.
Speaker 2: Oh, are you still there?
Speaker 14: Yep, I'm back.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Now we're losing. I tell you what we're gonna Well do we do that another time? Brandt? I apologize, but we're getting out of your getting our cell phone range with losing you there, Sorry about that. By the way, if you want to join us on the air here, and it really doesn't matter if you want to talk about guns in any former fashion, Second Amendment, pistols, rifle, shot guns, I don't care. We'll talk about it. Just give me a call it Tom talk gun. By the way, the civilian Marksmanship Program CMP just announced they're going to make IM fourteens available surplus IM fourteen's. Now, I know what you're thinking. The M fourteen is a select fire, it's a machine gun. Yeah, yeah, yeah, nah, we can't be that lucky, right, I'd love to have one, But they're going to go through the process and deactivate them and make them semiauto. I don't think they've published a price on them yet, but you can go over to the CMP website and take a look Civilian Marksmanship Programs website and you can register, go in and sign up for the newsletters, and then when they have the information, you can get in line to buy. And there's a US Army surplus M fourteen rifle from the Civilian Marketmanship Program semi auto. But still it's an M fourteen. Very cool stuff. Okay, when I come back, let's talk about cool stuff electronic optics. And also, two guys aren't you about their place in line and end up shooting each other