Speaker 1: You're list Saints KFI AM six forty the bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Some Stories We're watching for you. Israel has confirmed that Hamas leader Yaya Sinhwar was killed in a battle in Gaza. That was a pure chance on the part of Israel. They have been looking for him for a long time and have not been able to catch him, and it just so happened. They were out on a routine patrol. It was a training mission actually, and they saw three guys come out of a house, and it turns out one of them was Sinhwar, who ended up hiding in a house that had already been severely damaged, and the house collapsed on him. And when they went through the rubble, they found him and they confirmed it was him. So he is dead. And what Israel's saying is that the death of Sinhwar for Israel is similar to the death of Osama bin Laden for the United States. Well, Prop six, everybody. Prop six is going to be on your ballot in November. Nobody's against Prop six. There is no no on Prop six campaign. I haven't heard a single human being express opposition to Proposition six. I have heard some people say if Proposition six passes, we'll have some things we'll have to figure out. But I've not heard anybody say you should vote no on Proposition six. So what is it? Proposition six would amend the constitution of California to remove the allowance for slavery. California is not alone in having in their constitutions an allowance for slavery. It's not exactly the slavery that you're thinking of. Slavery currently is permissible in California if it is part of punishment for a crime that someone has been convicted of. So what we are talking about here is forced prisoner labor. And by taking this provision, but it doesn't say that. It says as slavery is allowed as punishment or to think, but this is what it means, forced prison labor. If we take out the provision, then the prison system will no longer be able to force prisoners to work. That does not mean they can't offer them work opportunities. It just means they can't force them and if they and punish them if they don't want to work. So why is it then that a poll last month from the Public Policy Institute of California showed fifty percent of likely voters are against Prop. Six. No one's telling them to be against it, but they are. This is unusual, Ladies and gentlemen. What's happening. Well, I think we know what's happening. There's another proposition in November that deals with crime, Proposition thirty six. You've heard about it a lot here on KFIN. If you haven't heard about it, you're not listening to KFI enough. You should listen all the time. Proposition thirty six would roll back the soft on crime changes in the law that we voted in under Prop forty seven. It would those felonies that we made misdemeanors would go back to being felonies for example. That has a few other provisions in it. So what's happening is people's minds are in a we went too soft on crime and it's time to pull back mode. So that's Prop thirty six. Now they see Prop six and it's vaguely it's talking about prisoner labor and something. It's crime. It's related to crime, not really, but yeah, so they're like, Hey, we're in a tough on crime mode. We went too soft. I'm not voting for nothing that in any way hints that has even the faintest aroma of being softer on crime, and it's sort of Prop six is to help prisoners. That isn't really what it is, but Prop six is to help prisoners. We're not helping anybody who's involved in crime. No. On six. It'll be really amazing if it doesn't pass. And the only antidote to this mindset is specific information and discussion about Prop six and what it does and why it's a good idea, and how much outreach can there be between now an election day, so we will see what happens if we have a proposition that nobody's opposing accept voters themselves on election day. All right, I'm gonna call an audible here and say let's get some news from Amy King. It's not really inaudible, it's exactly what we're supposed to do. I like to feel like a big man sometimes. And even though I like to feel like a big man and an adult, and I am an adult, it doesn't mean I'm not part of the phenomenon that I'm gonna tell you about next, and it has to do with toys and fully grown men.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Some stories we're watching for you. That Dodgers beat the Mets last night, tend to in Game four of the Championship Series. They lead that series three games to one. You know what that means. They're just one win away from a trip to the World Series. Billy, I wish I knew when that game was happening, that that precious game. Oh man, it's today at two eight pm, that's right, and you can listen to it on AM five seventy LA Sports or in HD where the crack of the bat is twenty four bit resolution on the iHeartRadio app. All you do is get the iHeartRadio app, which is free, and you search for AM five seventy LA Sports. Now, let's talk about the guy who owns Dent Express, which is an autobody shop in Torrance here in southern California. I don't know anything about the business. I'm not endorsing it. I'm certainly not criticizing it. I don't know anything about it except that it's a body shop. I know that it's called Dent Express, it's in Torrance, and it is run by a guy named Jeremy Hart who loves hot wheels, loves them, played with them as a kid. Now he's forty eight and he spent hundreds of dollars on hot wheels. He always wants to get another hot wheels. Maybe it's a replica of a car that he's owned in real life, or maybe it's one of the things where they make a hot wheel out of a car that's from a TV show, like The Fall Guy or something like that. And apparently, and I haven't had a chance to get down there, but if you go down there to his autobody shop in Torrence, you will see a collection of hot wheels. This guy is not that unusual at all. He's part of a growing number of adults who buy toys for themselves. And the toy companies are taking note of this that they have a name for them already, adults. Mattel Lego has Bro Mga Entertainment, the toy company that doesn't sound like a toy company. They make bracts and a bunch of other stuff. They are thinking about adults now when they design toys, when they market toys, and in fact, according to Steve Totski, the president of Mattel, depending on the specific brand up to twenty five percent of toy sales are being bought by adults. That's a lot. I mean, I mean, here's the thing. Most toys are bought by adults. It's just that these toys are bought by adults for adults. I don't remember when I was six walking into the store myself and pulling out my chain wallet and pulling out a CRISP twenty dollars bill and buying a toy. My parents bought toys, but they were for me. Now parents are buying toys for themselves and the kid can go pound sand. Here are some of the most popular toys that adults are buying. Pokemon, Star Wars, Lego Star Wars, Funko Pop, probably Star Wars, squish Mallows. I'm not gonna lie to you. I don't know what squish mellows are, but I'm about to find out. Oh these are plush. Okay, these are cute plush. I've seen these. Mm hmm. You don't collect.
Speaker 4: Anything, Wayne, Hmmm. I mean I remember you as a collector.
Speaker 2: Well, I go through I go through phases.
Speaker 4: We all do.
Speaker 2: I don't say I now want to collect whatever what happens is, I just go through faces where I buy a thing like a watch, and then now I want to buy some more watches. So I have. I have a lot of watches. Although they're all very they're not expensive watches. They are they're like kooky watches. They don't cost that much money. So, yes, I have a lot of watches. I have more guitars than a person needs. But if you talk about collecting in the sense of cataloging and displaying, no I don't. I I a mass That's what I do. So people collect and I accumulate.
Speaker 4: Hey, I love uh you know movie props or you know replica movie props. I have a lot of Star Wars stuff. And yeah, some of my stuff is in the toy category. But man, oh man, I don't think you need to be a kid to love stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two kinds of adult toy buyers. There's there. For some people, it's almost a business or an it's a it's a it's an e. They're they're buying things for their collect debility. They're thinking about the value, the appreciation and value. These are the people that never open the box. But there are people buying toys to play with them and enjoy them. And they're fifty years old and they're they're like a neurologist at Kaiser and they're going in the store and they're buying toys and they're taking a home just like a kid when they're opening it up and they're going, they're making this guy move here, and this guy moves here.
Speaker 4: And this car drives there, setting up war battles. I just like looking at them.
Speaker 2: And the thing about it is yes, absolutely, because here's the thing you get to be an adult toys other than things that are that are limited edition, rare, you know, collectible things, regular toys. If you're an adult, they're not that expensive. When you were six, you couldn't buy toys really on your own. You may get an allowance that wouldn't be enough to buy a bunch of toys. If you're an adult, you and you're not in financial distress, you can go buy tons of toys all that you want. So I think a lot of this is reliving. It's sort of reliving a childlike state of mind, but with adult money to back it up. And the companies love it. There's actually a website called Mattel Creations that's just for collectors where they sell the things there are more expensive, limited edition collectibles. They're of higher quality than the stuff that's for kids. Here's one example. It's a showgun warrior skeletor figure. It's more than two feet tall and it's three hundred dollars. Do you since you're here, Neil, I'll just finish with this if you want to talk about an adult and a toy. Do you remember the night I was on the air at KFI and it was right when the Tomagatchi had come out. You couldn't get well, you couldn't find one right because everybody's buying the time, And on the air, I offered two hundred dollars if somebody brought Tomagatchi to the station. For my gosh, I do do you remember that? And a woman showed up with her son. A woman showed up with her son. He was probably eight, and he had he had it was unopened, and he had the Tamagatchi. And I guess he decided at that point in time two hundred bucks was a better deal and I and I gave this kid two hundred dollars for that Tamagatchi. Oh my gosh, yeah, now that I tell this Trady's producing kind of a shamed mhmm.
Speaker 4: Was Tracy producing you back then?
Speaker 2: I think lovely wife who you now married? Yes, all right, man, I have to I have to tell you to shut up so that I can move on, so we can get to you talking again. Oh my gosh, that's what's happening now.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF. I am six forty.
Speaker 2: When we talked to Nil Sevadra about one of his passions, food, It's Foody Friday. Neil, Hey, guess what I found out the other day?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: You host the Fork Report? Yeah, here on KFI Saturdays yesterday a loom from two to.
Speaker 4: Five, absolutely three hours of celebrating food, the people that make it, the culture behind it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get right into some things. Do we need another stunt pizza?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I have this theory that any any trend food tread, the jumping the shark moment is when it's made into a pizza. So like Bria everywhere, oh, Taco's here, everywhere, It's all over the place, and then it becomes a pizza and now it's jumped the shark. That doesn't mean that it's not great and fabulous. It just means that that trend is cycled out. Lo and behold, c ses pizza.
Speaker 2: We have them.
Speaker 4: Gosh, maybe in the Inland Empire we have some. I don't know that there's.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure you can just order a pizza for them, but don't they aren't they most known for a pizza buffet? Or Am I thinking of somebody else?
Speaker 4: No? No, that is I believe that's the case, sir. So they have a chicken and ago waffles pizza. Now, am I curious to taste it? Indeed? I am? Might I like it? Oh, I've I've liked weirder things. But it hit me that, you know, this is not so much a trend. There was a time where chicken and waffles. Of course Roscoe's here, the beloved Rosco's Chicken and waffles here in Los Angeles, But there was a time where it came into vogue to kind of create like a very chefy version of it, and then there were some fast food versions of it. So it's kind of I chuckled at the fact that now it's ending up on a pizza, which to me means that is the final stage of this. So the pizza is obviously inspired by that classic chicken and waffles, And if you've not had that and you're raising your eyebrow, Wayne, if you've had this, you might agree that the sweetened savory combination, the crunch of the and the spiciness of the fried chicken up against the sweetness of the waffles and the syrup is just fantastic. But I'll be curious how this limited time offer fares well.
Speaker 2: So I have a question about this chicken and waffles pizza because in my mind, there are two ways I can see them approaching it. So what I'm gonna do. Here's how it's gonna go. I'm gonna ask you if it is a certain way which is one of the ways they could have gone, and then your answer will let me know how badly they may have missed the opportunity. So here we go. Are you ready for the question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, does this new chicken and what it's actually called? It's actually a chicken and Ago It's it's to tie in with Ango brand waffles.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is a branded waffle. Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Is this chicken and eggo waffles pizza made with a waffle crust? Nough. Come on, guys, No, not that I know of. Then what makes it waffly? Uh? There's pieces of waffle on top of the pizza on a regular crust.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know this is a they're referring to this as their you know, breakfast style pizza. So it's uh, it's a butter garlic butter crust. It's got crispy chicken tenders on it. It has cut up ago waffles as the topping, and then it has warm maple syrup on it. And I'm told you could if you like spice, you can get some buffalo sauce put on there too. But that's the breakdown. There's also potatoes. No, no, they're not potatoes.
Speaker 2: I was saying, these are other things you're thinking of when you think of a breakfast pizza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the eggs, the potatoes, the sausage things on this. It's just the chicken.
Speaker 2: Chicken tenders, waffle pieces, yeah, on a garlic buttered crust, which garlic butter does not say breakfast to me. But what do I know with maple syrup? All right, listen, it would be cool if it was a big round eggo waffle made into a pizza with fried chicken and maple syrup.
Speaker 4: But it's not that's all too much, Wayne, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: What Excuse me? Why don't you try harder with your stunt pizzas.
Speaker 4: This is basically that you know some mom that cut up, you know, her kids eggos and they scraped it off the plate and onto the top of a pizza with some chicken nuggies.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get some news from Amy King, and then you can decide if you want to tell us about this new crazy thing for people who like to food influencers who like to stream and record from their car, or if you want to tell us why Kellubs is in big trouble, or whatever you want to talk about when we come back. Neil Savadri's here. It's foody Friday. I mean, he's always here. Me saying you're here is lame. I'm not usually here. You're always here.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Here, Neil savedra is, I can't do I was going to try to do. The whole thing is Yoda. It didn't work. Wayne Nix sitting sitting in till nine and never to be asked back. Gary and Shannon coming up next, and we are concluding Foody Friday for you on this Friday with Neil Savedra, host of The Fok Report food related show on KFI two to five pm on Saturday. So what do you have for us next? Sir?
Speaker 4: So this is the pinnacle of annoyance and I pray to God that it does not come to these United States. But Bigo they have a dashboard kitchen. It's not for sale just yet, but it is a setup for influencers. Now, as you know, influencers are yes you in the back.
Speaker 2: I have a question, Yes, who or what is Bbigo?
Speaker 4: Oh? They're a Korean snack brand.
Speaker 2: Oh are they the Talkies of Korea?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, get it.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 4: That's a great reference.
Speaker 2: Just translate it into a thing I understand and I got it all right. So they're a snack brand. And now what do they have.
Speaker 4: They have this setup. It's like a little restaurant set up for your car, because influencers, as we all know, sit and do videos in their car about the food that they just had and how great it was if they got it for free, or how bad it was if the restaurant tour told them to take a walk. I don't give out free food for publicity, so this it's kind of strange. So it even has it's got like these la led lights. It's got a stable eating tray. They also have a little microwave. I mean basically it's a little restaurant set up so they can do their little videos with this dashboard kitchen in all its glory.
Speaker 2: I'm raising my hand again. Oh you a question, Yes, okay, I sort of get it. There's a there's a tray that is you said stabilized tray? Does Is it on like a gimbal? No, it's for some kind of gyroscopic self leveling mechanism.
Speaker 4: That I can see. It basically kind of takes us sturdy, yes, but it takes up the majority of the passenger seat and then, which is good because you don't want to be driving with influencers anyways, they're bad.
Speaker 2: No, not while they're cooking. And it has a microwave. It is that little microwave, but it's got like a hot plate. Yeah, it's kind of like an okay ski thing.
Speaker 4: It was showcased at Foodycon during the New York City Wine and Food Festival recently and it was. You know, people then influenced you by putting pictures of it on their influencer page, talking about influencers influencing you in their car with their influence.
Speaker 2: And they're calling it a dashboard kitchen.
Speaker 4: Yes, because it's kind of set up in a way for you to be able to have, you know, mes plus everything in its place. You put it all there and take your video on The one I saw is green, bright, refreshing, looks clean nice on camera. But but this is not a kitchen. This well dorm room. Well, in that case, the dorm room is a kitchen and a bedroom and a bathroom and a lawndroom.
Speaker 2: For a lot of people, their car is a bedroom and a bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have seen. There was one thing that was created that I thought was actually quite smart that attached to your air conditioning events, and it was to hold your dipping sauces.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 4: I remember that sense. This is like a huge version of that. So if you are so inclined and you're an influencer, then maybe this would be for you.
Speaker 2: I thought that these the influencers that you're talking about, I know there's one guy I don't know his name. He's super crazy popular though, And maybe if you said his name I would recognize it, but I'm not sure. But my point is I know the ILK, and I thought, what they do is they go into a place and they get a burger or whatever, they get a thing and they bring it to their car. Why they need why do they need a hot plate? Why do they need a microwave? Because they're gonna get something and then drive for twenty miles to find the perfect spot to stream their unboxing of the chicken Big Mac and in the meantime they might need to reheat the item. And this is what we're hold on. There's a word I want to say and I normally know it, and it's escaping me. This is what we're enabling.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, enabling. Indeed we are. It was kind of bar you know. I want to see I want to see the like twentieth anniversary of the movie seven and they're paraphernalia and someone do it unboxing.
Speaker 2: Well it's in the box.
Speaker 4: What's in the box? AnyWho? That's just a little rabbit trail. Also on the food in food news right now is Kellogg's, who made back some time ago, had made a pledge that they were going to get rid of dyes and certain preservatives by twenty eighteen. That hasn't happened, so we're going on. I think it was nearly ten years now the promise was made. And in some countries like Canada, they have fruit loops that are made with natural fruit juices and the like, but the US version still contains artificial dyes and preservatives. So on Tuesday, hundreds of people gathered outside Kellogg's headquarters in Michigan and protested and said, hey, you got to get rid of red dye number forty a, yellow dye number five, yellow dye number six, blue dye number one, all these things. The weird thing is that because our FDA has tested and approved these things in the past, that it hasn't been done in a while. And that's why people are saying, hey, you got to take care of this. I just don't know why. If they've already got the factories making them in Canada or other places, why not just I mean, what's uh, Maybe we're too superficial in America and we I assume it's.
Speaker 2: More I assume I assume it's more expensive, and the and the philosophy is unless and until the United States outlaws it. They're not going to make the change because, as you pointed out, they already make a product. All they have to do is say that's the product we make for the United States as well. They don't have to reinvent anything to meet their goal, and they're still not doing it.
Speaker 4: So do you know what flavors sucks?
Speaker 2: So so is what we learned. Chicken and waffle pizza no good because they're not doing a waffle crust. Oh boy, baby go with their dashboard kitchen, but it's not even really a kitchen, So that's dumb. Kellogg's corporate. I almost said the M word, but I'm not going to say that word. Uh corporate not doing what you say you're going to.
Speaker 4: Do is them? Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, it's been wonderful to be with you all.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.