Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: Do nothing.
Speaker 3: It's Alva not so fast cohole breath with John Taylor. I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 4: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree up a little Ricky.
Speaker 1: I used to go up that tree and just sit.
Speaker 4: There for hours and a bunch of those cherry years.
Speaker 2: Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock at downtown Vancouver where the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for shooting in folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team line check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man of the controls. Our director. Who's that over there? Has it been here for a while? The Voice of God previously Vaca Derek Want, how are you lovely?
Speaker 1: Couldn't be better?
Speaker 3: What a weekend? Oh too hot for you? About the weather?
Speaker 4: I got the tank top out yesterday and walked the dog with the tank top for the first time, it was glory like your tank tops. Hey, you gotta have shoulders or you can't wear a tank top if you don't have shoulders.
Speaker 3: I have shoulders help.
Speaker 4: Shoulders help when you're wearing a tank But I see skinny guys wearing tank tops.
Speaker 3: It's not what's wrong with that. They do.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 4: You gotta have arms and shoulders if you're gonna wear a tank top.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, having arms and shoulders help when you're wearing any type of shirt. Really, yes, Okay, So moving on. It was a spectacular weekend weatherwise, and pretty nice today as well. So the Canucks GM slash president search, whatever you want to call it, another chapter, Another name is involved. Now I understand the Canucks have interviewed in person former Ottawa senators GM here Dorian.
Speaker 4: This one came out of the blue yesterday, Donnie. This one was a name that just popped up yesterday and nobody. He wasn't on the radar for anybody. And we find out yesterday that he's been in Vancouver for a second interview. A child of four knows that if you get interviewed twice, it's a serious Was.
Speaker 3: He wearing a tank top?
Speaker 4: A child of four anybody could figure out that when you get interviewed a second time for a job, it's usually it's a serious thing. But anyway, thanks for that. Yeah, I know, but somebody was praising somebody for saying that. Anyways, the point is he got a second interview. All guys getting second interviews, common sense tells you that they're pretty serious candidates. And the Canucks like what they did in the first interview.
Speaker 3: Fifty three years old Senators GM twenty sixteen to twenty twenty three. They made the playoffs just once in that time, and then he left in disgrace. There was a situation where there was an investigation revealing the Sins failed to share him from me about a no trade list for this came up fairly. If Jenny had dad enough, ye, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: He was traded from to Vegas in twenty twenty one. So but I think the lesson we're learning over the weekend, or the lesson we learn over the weekend, is that you can be involved in a scandal and you can be just absolutely horrible at your job and still be a candidate elsewhere for a national hockey league general matters a position. Look at John Jacob.
Speaker 4: The Maple Leafs just hired a guy who hasn't worked in six years and has been running Wendy's six years out of the hockey. Well, you should explain that he owns, he owns. Okay, we'll still done. Hockey is running Wendy's, which you know, hey, it's a job, No.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It's a business.
Speaker 4: For it's a business because you know, the money's got to work, any money coming in, money coming out. But and then Dorian has worked in two years. It's very interesting to see don some of the names are getting opportunities in the GMT.
Speaker 3: More about John Chaker right now his press conference, introductory press conference is going on as we speak, I believe in Toronto. Matt Senden also hired as part of that front office group. But let's let's update our list of Canucks GM president candidates. Derek we got that. There you go, he's no longer on vacation. There he is. He came up with this.
Speaker 4: Now what a great list it is. Ryan Johnson at the top. We'll talk about him in a second. Shane Doan. We keep hearing his name as president. Evan Gold I'm going to talk about in a second Jamie Langer Bruner that he both work in Boston, Ryan Bonas and peterre Dorien.
Speaker 3: But so you've eliminated names from this and you've and you've added to it. Ryan Bonas we took off this list last week. Now he's back on right, what's happening there.
Speaker 4: Ryan Bonus has got a pretty good relationship with Shane Doan. They go back, and so if Shane Doan is indeed going to be the president, I'm sure, pretty sure he's got something to say about Ryan Bonus, who is with the Islanders right now. Rick Bonus's son. But Donnie. The guy that I like on this list and I think has really impressed the Canucks and interviews is Evan Gold. I would call him a series candidate in Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 4: I think one of the things that appeals to Vancouver ownership about Gold is he did a quick retool in Boston. But oh god, exactly, but let me throw this that Yet, when you have Jeremy Swayman, Charlie McAvoy and David Pasternak three studs, it's not hard to retool. But one thing I'll say about Gold, He's articulate, smart, comes from a winning culture talk to a lot of agents over the weekend about Gold. They all think he's a sharp guy. I didn't like. And what do gms have to do? They got to deal with agents. A lot of agents think this guy's a sharp dude. I do get that feeling. I didn't get anybody bows to agents what they want. But I got agents who ripped people in the hockey world too, saying he's clueless, he doesn't know what he's doing. They're not saying that about Evan Gold. I'm getting a lot of good feedback.
Speaker 3: But the last time they hired a GM from Boston that worked out well.
Speaker 1: Not good at all.
Speaker 4: But Jim Betting was the guy the But I'm just saying that Evan Gold's in there fighting.
Speaker 1: I think he's So how.
Speaker 3: Is he better than Ryan Johnson?
Speaker 1: Touch it?
Speaker 3: And Ryan Johnson has been an incredibly solid foot soldier one hundred percent more than a foot soldier that long phrase for a significant period of time. So how is Evan Gold better? And Ryan Johnson knows the personnel better than Evan Gold? I'm pretty sure about that.
Speaker 4: I wonder the longer this goes on, you wonder about Ryan Johnson's chances. I've not heard much about him. I'm hearing about all these other guys. I haven't heard about Ryan Johnson. I'm hearing a lot about other candidates. But I will say to you that if Ryan Johnson doesn't get it, I just don't know how he sticks around. He's been here thirteen years. If you can't, if you, it's insulting if you. If you can, they're already blocked him from talking to Nashville. If you you know, if you get bypassed here, if you're Ryan Johnson, I don't see a world where he sticks around because if he can't get the GM job after working for this owner for thirteen years, he's never going to get it. He's never going to get it.
Speaker 3: Jamie Langmburne is sticking around also from the Boston organization.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a smart guy. That his first interview was well done. I mean he's a sharp dude too. But one thing about Boston you can say, don you know they they just when you think they're out, they do get back in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Father three, Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: They get back in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But well, I mean the fact that you use the word retool is frightening. Yeah, to Vancouver, but I'm telling you what golden do not the R word people want to hear. Yeah, no, and I get that, but I don't think the one thing I did hear this interview process is really given ownership an eye opening perspective.
Speaker 4: They needed to hear the team's not good. They needed to hear there's not much an abbey.
Speaker 1: They needed to hear.
Speaker 3: They needed to hear, Oh, they did. They didn't look at the standing.
Speaker 4: No, but hold it a second. They needed to hear other than Brandon Coots, Uh, there's not many.
Speaker 1: High end prospects. They needed to hear that.
Speaker 4: And I was told candidates told them that there's a long way to go. How could they not tell okay, but okay, Donny. They needed to hear that. It's been an eye opening process for the owners. It's been an eye opening process for the owners.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second. You're saying it's been an eye opening process for the owners that someone told them that they're not very good.
Speaker 4: No, that more than one person told them done. Do you think how is that eye opening? If fifteen to twenty people tell you, hey, you guys are a mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: They know that.
Speaker 1: Stop God, and they don't think they know that.
Speaker 3: If they don't, they got to get out of the hockey business. Well, donny, look at the last fifteen although they're on the right track now, it seemed to be.
Speaker 4: Donny, look at the last fifteen years. Since twenty eleven, two times they made the playoffs. I don't count the bubble because they got lucky, but I mean they need to know it's been an eye opening process for him.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's okay. Ray Whitney is another name that is not going away. All right, Ray Whitney. So here's what I was told. There's not on the list though the new GM will pick his own stre said, maybe he is on the in vacation mode.
Speaker 4: The new GM will pick his own staff in Vancouver. But wouldn't surprise me if the Canucks try and bring in people that interviewed earlier. For I heard Ray Whitney had.
Speaker 3: A great interring in as a GM.
Speaker 4: No no, no, not assistant GM or in some sort of role. The new GM's going to hire. Ray Whitney's not into the last Okay, but I'm just saying he interviewed so well. It wouldn't surprise me if they somehow find a way to get him into the organization.
Speaker 3: All as yes say is guys, look at the standings. You're not very good.
Speaker 1: You're not very good. You're not very good.
Speaker 3: So okay. So Ray Whitney is close with Shane Jane don Shane Doan has been a special advisor or an advisor to the GM Brad Tree living in this case, who's been fired by the lease special advisor to the GM in Toronto. Why wasn't he considered for the Toronto job either what Matt Sendeen is up to president or whatever his title is, or the general manager job. And yet he seems to be a much stronger Well, yeah, he's obviously a stronger candidate in Vancouver. I don't get that. Or is it a done deal? Is he is he coming to Vancouver as president as a replacement for Jim Rutherford because his resume screams president versus GM.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes it does, it does.
Speaker 4: And Shane Doan is just like Trevor Lindon when he got the job, well respected guy coming in as president and hoping to change the culture, all that stuff. Doney and Shane Doan. I I would be hard pressed to find someone in hockey that doesn't say something nice about him.
Speaker 3: He is really a screams the leader. Yeah, great presence, not that that counts for everything, but there's certainly hockey experience there and just screams the leader and they need to sell this product right now. And I think Shane Don would do that. So but I don't. I don't understand. And maybe it's you brought this point up the last week week, week or two that maybe it's a situation where you know, Shane Doan wants to move back to western the western part of North America.
Speaker 4: Right, that could be the possibility as well. But Shane Doan would not be a bad hire in Vancouver if he gets in whatever.
Speaker 3: Fast, just get get it over with right now. Here's some advice, you know, quit you know, worrying about people telling you how bad you are. Francesco and Jim Shane Don president, all right, Ryan Johnson general manager, man named Malultra head coach.
Speaker 1: There you go, simple as that?
Speaker 3: What two? Three? You agree with me? There you're going on about Evan Gold.
Speaker 4: Stop But I'm telling you what I'm here. And Evan Gold is a serious candidate.
Speaker 3: So the Leafs hired John Jaca and the Canucks Evin Gold. Ryan Johns in the mix wherever the case may be. But I don't know. Mike Gillis what what like? Just like he seemed to have the best resume and would be like a choice that I think would be really popular both amongst Leafs fans and Connucks fans. What happened?
Speaker 4: I'm rehiring, but he hasn't worked since Donnie twenty fourteen, and we're ripping Jacob for not working for.
Speaker 5: Six you're interviewing you had.
Speaker 3: They're interviewing Pierre Dorion who has worked in two years. Right, So Gillis is a guy that Jacob like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Like, and he was interviewed in uh Toronto for a lengthy period of time. He didn't get the Toronto gig. But I wonder what the relationship was with Gillis and Aquiline. Would Acquallini want him back? Would he want him back?
Speaker 3: Don I just all I'm all I'm saying is that I get what you're saying. You know, look like be going over old ground with with with Mike Gillis. It would be I think it would be a popular choice.
Speaker 4: I think I think Gillis and people want to Gilman back to and run back the old group, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, yeah, okay, how do we do it for time? Right? How are you by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, swall I just listen to the Least Press.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, how's that going? O?
Speaker 1: Man? Let me tell you. I tell these got his blue glasses on those. So oh he's got a lot of.
Speaker 3: Must be uh, it must be okay. But John Jacob, like I thought when they interviewed him.
Speaker 1: Risk by the way, I thought, he's premiering real nervous.
Speaker 3: Well, he's only thirty six years It was twenty six years old in Arizona. And I think of that situation, like when I heard he was being interviewed, I think you felt the same way.
Speaker 1: Rick.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, formality, they'll you know, they'll give the kiddish you know, on the interview and then and then move on. He can it's the job he left in disgrace. And then Zoni is going from a situation that is the exact opposite to Toronto to the least right from like nobody cares. It's not being supported. Their expectations there, they're none. To Toronto, like you know, hey, let's get going, let's perform. Well, all eyes are on you. What what a situation. You said he's nervous, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, appears he's reading his opening remarks and he seems very I mean I would be too. It's essentially me.
Speaker 4: That market will eat you live. That that that Toronto market.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Are you joking me?
Speaker 4: Brian there looking at.
Speaker 1: His last press conference.
Speaker 3: This market's hard, you know, I mean, come on, it's a sophomore.
Speaker 1: This market's hard.
Speaker 3: They've got the look at the story, these Simmons there and that's about it.
Speaker 4: Donnie, come on, who's gonna it was hard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard. Question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, better way to you just said what I tell you that Keith Pelly today, Wow, he definitely seems that way.
Speaker 4: I told you the Vancouver market's tough. Oh no, it's not. It's not. They asked all the candidates, how would you deal with the media in Vancouver? Yeah, exactly, it's harder here than Toronto. You don't think they asked that in Toronto. I think it's harder to the numbers. The numbers are overwhelming in Toronto, but you know.
Speaker 1: The center of the universe.
Speaker 4: I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I think the media is harder in Montreal and Vancouver. Yeah, on their hockey team than in Toronto. Toronto has the numbers other than like and Steve Simmons isn't.
Speaker 1: He's kind of out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although he wrote a real interesting article about right there. I don't know, but if he's nervous, maybe there's a reason. Maybe he's intimidated by the Toronto.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also doing it in Real Sports and so like apparently like the entire mlsc's staff is in the buildings.
Speaker 3: That's not surprising for people who don't know. Real Sports is part of Maples Square. Yeah, right outside the arena. Yeah, yes, it's a nice setup. Okay, here's what's coming up on the show. We haven't got time for the poll question because it has to do with our next guest.
Speaker 1: No, huh, I'm not even what did you just say? I did?
Speaker 3: I didn't hear this, you know why, because deep down you care more about the leafs and the canal, and you're focusing on that press call.
Speaker 1: If it's a train wreck, I like that.
Speaker 3: DTMZ is it just me? Coming up in the next hour, Bob Stoffer is going to join us from Chad Radio in Edmonton covers the Oilers out of the National Hockey League payoffs. They lost to a better team in the Anaheim Ducks. And I can't believe I'm saying that. Going into that series, I thought that Edmonton was going to win it. But you watch that series and you realize Anaheim is a very good hockey club right now, better than the Oilers.
Speaker 4: And they're young and they're going to be good for years.
Speaker 3: Bob Staff for joining us just after eleven o'clock. Big Rye, the tquitter guy, coming up later this hour. We hope to run the draft lottery simulator. The NHL Draft lottery is tomorrow, Connects with the best odds of graving the first pick overall and up next. He's going to be the focus of our somewhat the focus of our waddling dog. A pull question and we talk about the draft lottery, the draft lottery simulator, next year's draft. He's expected at this point to go first overall next year. Landon DuPont, sixteen year old. He played as a fifteen year old Rick in the Western Hockey League. He received exceptional status. Sixteen year old Everett Silver Tips defenseman. Land and DuPont. They're getting ready to take on Brayden Coots and the Prince Albert Raiders in the Western Hockey League Final. Land and DuPont next on Donnie Delay the team on.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dolly. The team is supported by Abelauctions dot ca a Closing your Business We can.
Speaker 3: Help and specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business.
Speaker 5: And sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help for a.
Speaker 3: Free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email Sales at able Auctions dot Ca dot sales at a b l e Auctions dot Ca Monday and all of our guests today including Land and DuPont standing by sponsored by Pisson Motors, Bright Deals, em Bettered Drives or Ahead at Passon Motors Hit the Road with huge savings going forward. Stop buy their dealership located at one sixty three one five Fraser Highway in Surrey, or check them out online at Pas Motors, bas Ant Motors dot com. Everett Silver Tips, Defenceman, Land and do Point Silver Tips have made He's going to join us. In his second year, so I'm just not mentioning his name for no reason. Silver Tips have made it through three rounds of the WHL playoffs with their record of twelve and one rick. They're going to take on Braden Coots and Prince Albert in the WHL final. Atlanta is just sixteen years old. He entered the WHL last year at the age of fifteen after receiving exceptional status seventeen points in thirteen playoff games, seventy three points and sixty three regular season games for the Tips, and he joins us now Alanna, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 1: How are you good? How are you guys really well?
Speaker 3: Successful season for the Silver Tips? What do you like about your team? And is a tough winning a week or so to play another game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's different from that part because this is the longest break we've had all season in between games. It's it's been weird, but it's been fun. We've been able to do some things as a team. We had a slow pitch game the other day and we were hanging out of the lake yesterday. It's pretty nice here, so we're taking advantage of the sun and you know, this morning we're back to it Monday through Friday to you know, get our bodies back and going for a big game on Friday.
Speaker 3: Just the first time we have had a chance to talk to you, So we'll talk a bit about your past if you don't mind. But what was it like entering the Western Hockey League at age fifteen? And did you hear about that on the ice from some of the boys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was really cool.
Speaker 6: Obviously being able to get that exceptional status.
Speaker 7: I'm super honored.
Speaker 6: And you know, it's been a long, you know, twelve thirteen year journey of just playing hockey. And my dad played hockey and so I grew up a little bit in Switzerland and Germany, so just learning from him, and obviously he played with some great teams.
Speaker 7: I played at the EDGE for two and a half.
Speaker 6: Years and they were unbelievable, so much fun there, and you know, then moved on to Everett and got super lucky to come to Everett because there's such a good organization and such a good team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Edge in Calgary, your dad, Mickey DuPont, played in the National Hockey League with the Calgary Flames, Penguins and Blues. If I'm not mistaken. So you mentioned this. You spent much of your childhood in Europe, in Germany and Switzerland. In what ways did that help you out as a hockey player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think just being able to have that experience, and it's pretty cool living over there, especially as a young kid, you.
Speaker 7: Know, going through that whole experience, and.
Speaker 6: Even away from the rink as well, just getting out of your comfort zone and having to go to a school where you know no one and you know, building those relationships. I still have buddies that I keep in contact with all the way from Germany and Switzerland. So it was pretty cool, and you know, I'm super grateful to you know, have gone through that.
Speaker 4: London fifteen year old, sixteen year old defenseman just don't do the Western Hockey League like you have your skating, your hockey sense, your creativity. What age was it when you thought, you know, I'm pretty good at this game.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think right around thirteen and fourteen.
Speaker 6: I think that's when my game took a step and I really realized like, hey, like if I really, you know, put my head down and work at this, I can I can really improve as a player. And I think, you know, just getting better every day as a player is the biggest.
Speaker 7: Thing for me.
Speaker 4: You a lot of people think you might be the first overall pick in the NHL draft next year. I'm sure you've heard it. You heard the talk, You've seen the people talk, And what do you think when you see stuff like that?
Speaker 6: It's cool, I mean, obviously it's every young kids dream to just even be drafted into the NHL. And you know, that's the goal I've been working towards for the past ten years. But it's also so far away and you can't. You just have to take it with a grain of salt. And you know, like I said before, you just gotta put your head down and keep working every day so that one day, you know, getting drafted to the NHL could could be a possibility.
Speaker 4: Did I see a clip of you saying you were a Canucks fan growing up?
Speaker 1: Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was a Canucks fan, me and my brother.
Speaker 1: How did that come about?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: I don't know, Like my brother started it.
Speaker 6: I I never really had a team in the NHL. I kind of just love watching hockey and bounced around a few teams. But my brother, he loved the Sedines, and you know, he loved Vancouver, so I just you know how it is as a younger brother, you just do whatever your older brother does. Now as i've you know, watched him more, and my favorite player, Zee william got traded there this year, so me and my brother are pretty pumped about that.
Speaker 4: Nice big part of the Canucks future. Yeah, Prince Albert is coming to town. Western Hockey League final. They got a name, braid, a guy named Braydon Coots who you've seen in Seattle. He's fourth in Western Hockey League's scoring in the playoffs. What makes Coots such a good player, Landed, Uh.
Speaker 6: He's just so dynamic with him without the puck, Like, you know, he's such a good player, and he plays a two hundred foot game. Like some of these guys at a young age you see them play and it's like, yeah, they can put the puck in the.
Speaker 7: Net, but that's all they care about. But that's not the case with him.
Speaker 6: He's, uh, you know, he's so good defensively and that's what makes him so hard to play against.
Speaker 3: What is it, getting back to what you were talking about earlier, Landon, what is it you like about Zee Williams game?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Like he's just so crafty and smart. He's not the biggest guy, and neither am I. But the way he makes plays happening out of nothing, and the way he uses his feet and hands to you know, open up plays for his teammates was the biggest thing that attracted me.
Speaker 3: He's left, You're already sounds good for the future of the caduction. And what was your dad like. Your dad played in the NHL, played a lot of professional hockey. What was your dad like as a hockey parent?
Speaker 6: He was awesome. Obviously, he's been through it all. He played pro for almost twenty years, and he knows. He's good with me and my brother, Like he wants to push us and you know, he wants to teach us and all that stuff, which is great, but he gets it like he doesn't want to overwork us who he wants to make sure we're still having fun and because that's what hockey's all about.
Speaker 7: And I think you see some hockey parents.
Speaker 6: That are, you know, almost trying to play for their kid and they want to be in their kids shoes.
Speaker 7: But that's not the case with my dad.
Speaker 6: He's he's been so awesome to me and my brother so it's been, you know, awesome to have him.
Speaker 3: Are you better at this age than he was?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I I'm sure if I if I asked him, he would not agree.
Speaker 3: Hey, Landin, you've done so much in such a short period of time, but you're still just I can't believe looking at there's still just sixteen years old. In what areas do you feel you need to improve on the ice?
Speaker 6: I think just improving all my defensive game as well, and just little things like you're shot and you know you're skating can always get better, So I think just working on the little details to help, you know, even out my game.
Speaker 4: Hey, I wanted to ask you about landon NC double A. All the top stars in the Western Hockey League going n C double A. I heard there's a ton of schools after you. When do you think about that?
Speaker 6: Possibility hasn't really crossed my mind at all during this season. You know, obviously we've had such a good run here and hopefully it keeps going. So I'm really just focused on that and you know, whenever it comes, it'll it'll it'll come, But I'm not focus on that right now.
Speaker 3: This has been really impressive line and thanks so much for this. All the best in the WHL final and whatever takes place going forward. We can't thank you enough. Thanks guys, we recorded that before the show. Can you believe that kids sixteen years old comes across so well? And I don't know what it is, but over the last couple of weeks we've interviewed two defensemen that are going to go high in this year's draft in Keaton ver Hoff and Carson Carls and the other defensemen there, all three of them mature beyond their years in terms of giving an interview and dealing with the media. And as you know, for me, number one criteria for anybody entering the National Hockey League or maybe a possible future Vancor you gotta be good. You got to deal with the media. Well that's number one. Forget about what you're doing on the ice. But that's really impressive. Kids today, and I know I go on about, Oh I wish it was the old days, but they're much better interviews than the US to be in a lot of that has to do with social media and dealing with being on camera a lot more than they did in the past.
Speaker 4: Well, they get taught, they got agents now at fourteen, Donnie who helped them guide them, and that kid's a superstar. You don't do at fifteen and sixteen what he's doing in the dub you just don't do that.
Speaker 3: Well, he's he's exceptional status.
Speaker 4: Most exceptional status guys are forwards. This guy is unbelievable. But he just said he's going to be the first overall pick next year and whoever gets him is going to have a franchise defenseman.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's you given a hint as to what a Wildling Dog poll question is going to be focused on the WHL final Everett versus Prince Albert. It starts Friday, and Everett it's a two three to two format. Everett I mentioned this at the start of that interview. Twelve and one through three rounds of the Western Highs League Playoffs, led by, among other people, land In DuPont, Prince Albert disposed of medicine hat in six games. Last night they beat them seven to six. They beat the Tigers seven six. They've only lost three times through fifteen playoff games, bringing Coots leading the way yesterday conduct draft pick one goal and to assist Everett versus Prince Albert Western Hockey League Final, A break, and then we'll introduce the wadling dog pole question. Donnie and Dolly the team one Jack. Thanks to Land and DuPont for joining us. What's wrong right in the second segment wilding dog poll question experienced one of Victoria's iconic destinations, sleep, sip, and stock up all in one legendary spot the waddling dog in Victoria. Come sit and stay at the dog today, Rick.
Speaker 4: Ryan, get her up the waddling dog pop pole question.
Speaker 1: Then it is.
Speaker 3: Has to do with Land and Dupe. I'm waiting for.
Speaker 1: The pole, Ryan, get it up? Ad lib?
Speaker 3: Come on?
Speaker 4: I ad lib when I I don't. I can't see the pole. Our wattling dog poll question, Land and DuPont.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Joined, it should be joined? Should it not be?
Speaker 3: Anyways, it's a tough one because we came up before.
Speaker 4: The joined ed it should be d uh.
Speaker 3: This year some people are watching it.
Speaker 4: When would you like to see the Canucks when the draft lottery?
Speaker 1: Look at this?
Speaker 4: Sixty six percent say next year, thirty four percent This year. Next year's draft, Land and DuPont is going to be a superstar. This year doesn't have a superstar. Dog this year doesn't have a Celebrini, it doesn't have a Burrow, it doesn't have a superstar like Celebrini. Next year it does, like Land and DuPont, Land and DuPont, it doesn't. And next year's draft also is going to be heavy, heavy center in the top ten. This year is not heavy. That's why you see Caleb Maholter so high.
Speaker 3: Boy, have you seen some of his highlights lately?
Speaker 4: Caleb Maholter, He's going to end up if it happens in Coloonna where there's only team, if they win, hockey fans in this province are going to be able to see him if you can.
Speaker 3: It's going to be so much fun. The last, the last Memorial Cup was in four in Coloonna and O four Yeah, it was because it was Colonea, you know you had and Coloona ended up winning it with with with Shaye Weber, And it was just because it was Colona. You had people coming from all.
Speaker 9: Over all over the hockey world to beautiful air, experience the weather and just experience the Melonna and man if if Caleb Maholtra is there, you know, maybe Land and DuPont, Brayden, Coots, either way, whether it's Prince Albert or or ever.
Speaker 3: My gosh, that's going to be so much fun. Okay, Uh meanwhile, where were we going?
Speaker 8: Ryan?
Speaker 3: We wanted to mention, well, this this least press conference is blown up.
Speaker 1: Why don't we stick local though and go with the tweety.
Speaker 3: Yes, farhand Logy. A tweet from farhand Logy just would you go? As the Cannucks continue their president and GM search going into tomorrow's draft to lottery, here's a tweet from Farhani Walls. You could do the.
Speaker 1: Honors, Rick, if I were hiring the PO Joe.
Speaker 3: President of hockey Operations.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Why don't you help him out that fast? I wanted to see what the hell he was.
Speaker 3: Going to come because I'm a nice guy. First of all.
Speaker 1: I knew that. Why can't you just say president a president character count man?
Speaker 3: Anyway? You know what I'm gonna go with Rick here?
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no, don't do it because you've got this massive.
Speaker 4: Abbreviations, a fancy dancy stuff. You don't need to write p O H Joe.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm cool, I know what it is. You probably don't. Far ahead, come on.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Lawrence Gilman would be at the top of my list, given his experience and understanding of the market. Now that's said, my expectation is the Canucks will only be hiring a GM at this point, and I don't believe Shane don is meaningful uh in contention for that role. So what we've been told since day one, and we are accurate, is Shane Doan talk to the Cannucks more about a po h O role.
Speaker 3: You're doing it?
Speaker 4: Just stop done upper high role, upper high anyways?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: And I have not heard Doan's name for the GM job, but something higher. Maybe they hired the president at a later date, done right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because why would he say if we see the tweet again, don't mind Derek, sorry about that. There you go with the p O h O p o h O in there. But he's talking about only a GM at this point. But he does mention the presidency and does mention Lawrence Gilman versus versus Shane Doan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if Jim Rutherford's going to stick around as a consultant, why would.
Speaker 1: You why would you hire a president?
Speaker 4: Maybe this is telling us that Jim is going to stick around as a consultant next year because economics are going to play a role. Does Francesco want to pay for a new president? Does he want to pay for a new GM when already on the books for next year? Don, Alvin Foot, Rutherford, Ryan Johnson, they're all in the books for money next year. Economics will play a role. Does he want six guys on the books.
Speaker 3: And that aren't working for the zation anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Exactly, So economics will play a role.
Speaker 1: It always does.
Speaker 3: But what if you've got somebody you are absolutely in love with as as the president and you don't want to lose them? Do you not have to move on and just bite the bullet like?
Speaker 1: Or what if this is semantics like like like for instance, Sundeen his title Senior Executive Advisor Hockey Operations. What if what if Shane Doan We talked about this a little bit on Friday President. What if he's the vice president? Right? Or if and we get clarity that this is Rutherford's final year, he's gonna you know, Don is now here. He's going to eventually transition this off the Don, but for now he's the vice president now replacing the president. He's is that semantics? Is that still right?
Speaker 3: So you're not hiring a president but not technically you are hiring Shane don't but you're hiring.
Speaker 1: Something right, not technically president, but it could be wordplay and you know it's going to be a situation. What's what's Rutherford's future?
Speaker 4: Well, he said it himself, but he's got one you're left on his pretty good decent money, right, what kind.
Speaker 3: Of a job is he done? Though? What does it matter? He's got one your left then what does it matter?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 3: Then why isn't Elvin still here?
Speaker 4: So twenty twenty four, none of you guys were complaining about right, stop with you guys.
Speaker 3: Were we were? Second? Twenty twenty four is when Rutherford and Company came up with the worst contract in Canuck's history.
Speaker 1: For Elliots Patterson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're talking about, yes, and we criticized him a lot of people in this market market it did, so yeah, you know, yeah, there was a there was a little, if you want to call it, a playoff drive one playoff series victory and a horrible contract. Not long before that, people were criticizing that this group that accurate. There you go, all right, okay, all right, I am just out of it today. Okay, I'll tell you what have we got time?
Speaker 1: For this.
Speaker 3: We talked about the Toronto media being soft versus the Vancouver media with one exception, and that's Steve Simmons. Is he ready for the Globe? I can't Toronto. He's been at Yeah. Steve Simmons has been around for a long time, and boy, he likes putting people's feet to the fire, and he did that today in Toronto. I'm sure you know this, folks. The Leafs are holding as we speak. I believe you believe it's still going on there. It's not. They're introducing John Chaka and Matt Sundean reintroduced in the case of manzindein to the Toronto media. Keith Pelly is there as well, you know, president or grand poop of in Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, and Steve Simmons has been critical of even just the possibility of hiring John Jacob for a significant amount of time. Now John Jacob gets the job. Thirty six years old, left the Arizona Coyotes with a poor record and left that organization in disgrace. So this array, disarray, disarray. This is Steve Simmons grilling asking Keith Pelly a very very difficult question during today's introductory press conference in Toronto.
Speaker 10: Steve Simmons, Toronto's son for Keith, you talk about the due diligence that you did on John prior to hiring him and now hiring him. In the past say, three to four days, I have been in contact with about twenty people who in the National Hockey League, many of whom are prominent names that we would all know. And of the twenty people I spoke to, one was supportive of John's hiring and the other nineteen thought it was a sham. To be perfectly honest, words were used like con artist, liar, salesman. How did you come to a different conclusion that I was able to come to in a very short time.
Speaker 8: I must have talked to different people.
Speaker 10: That's it, because in the hockey world today is astounded by this announcement, okay, and your response.
Speaker 3: To that as We've conducted due diligence, and it was deep due diligence. It was a thorough process, and I'm quite happy with where we've landed. Wow. And I will say this that the Cheika hiring comes as a complete surprise, and we can sit and I can criticize Ruthaford Naquallini, and same with you and everybody in this market. Connections have done a better, way better job than the Leaves. I think so too, of going about this process of hiring their their next hockey bosses like, wait, look at just the names involved, and it would have been the easy choice. And look, I'm all for Ryan Johnson being the next general manager, but I think, like a lot of people, I'm glad they're doing their due diligence for no other reason. Even if you're intent on hiring Ryan Johnson and it doesn't look like they are. You learn a lot about your organization by talking to other people, maybe things you don't know where you need to improve. Well, I think they've done a way better job than the Leaves. Just with the names involved.
Speaker 4: You get different visions and plans and ideas, and it's a good process to go through. There's no question about it done. There's a lot of people that have told them what they need to hear in this interviewing process.
Speaker 1: That's disrespectful from Steve sit Yeah, you can't call me that dude's family is sitting there. Introduction press Scott, he went overboard there for me. You called the guy a liar. You can't call them artists.
Speaker 3: I mean other people call them that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you're the one relating that it's so bad.
Speaker 3: Ryan, Why did you get all excited when you heard it?
Speaker 1: Because for us in a sensational world, we love the clip.
Speaker 3: But being yourself, you don't think that's disrespectful somewhat, But it's very interesting and a lot of like Steve Simmons will tell you, a lot of people will tell you that, you know, part of our job is to get attention. He got himself some attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's the key of the guy. There's the key. Though. He wanted his attention more than anything else, so he got his.
Speaker 3: Pro rtional Hockey league rules. Sure take it. Sure with with the Coyotes. And if you don't think they expected something like this from someone like Steve Simmons, I think the troal media is soft. But that you know, not Steve Simmons.
Speaker 1: I know his family's sitting there and you're calling the guy a liar and a con artist in front of his family.
Speaker 5: He's not.
Speaker 3: He's saying that other people have called him that.
Speaker 1: Sure, but he's usually he could on least say some of the feedback I've gotten hasn't been positive, right, you can say those things.
Speaker 3: Maybe the word the words used could be could could be different. Okay, but again, like you, you got all excited when you heard that clip, and we've got to run this and I agree with you, you know we should.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be blasted everywhere because everybody loves that. I mean, let's be honest, are we running that clip or were running you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Do? You agree with me that that they've done a h The Canucks have done a better job than the Leafs of conducting this process. And look, let's see where time will tell how these organizations do going forward. But just initial you know, first blush, like the Conducts seems to be going about it in a way more professional way.
Speaker 4: And they got more people, and I mean there's sometimes the Canucks have five people in a zoom call, Donna, there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people in Toronto point.
Speaker 3: They got the hot dog stop concession.
Speaker 4: Stop calling him the hot dog guy.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: They got five people in on the zoom calls, Johnny, you know five people that are in on the zoom Rutherford that are doing the interviewing, uh, the al family And as you call him the.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, now you're calling him that.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not calling him that.
Speaker 1: I'm not calling There's a lot of people in Toronto that look at the leafs and go, this is the best you could do as the maple leafs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that. Six years he's been out of the base.
Speaker 3: People would be turned off by that job just because again, I don't think the Trono media is all that hard, but it's they're larger numbers. Would you be turned off by that? I don't think. I mean, you gotta take the job.
Speaker 4: You know, where's the young guy, the young GM, that's the up.
Speaker 3: And comer jac thirty six?
Speaker 4: Why but he hasn't been He hasn't been in the game in six years. No to Rick's po, I know what you're saying, but that's the Evan Golds and what man?
Speaker 3: You you just love this guy? For people to know, Rick says that Evan Gold of the Boston Bruins AGM is a very strong can strong?
Speaker 1: Can you just love it?
Speaker 4: I haven't had a guy say a bad word about.
Speaker 1: Him, Donnie.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Steve Simmons that they would talk and for people just tuning in, Pierre dorian Is has been part of an in person interview with the Vankor count from GM and the Ottawa Senators. Okay, uh, let me do some business here. May twelfth, Able Auctions will sell the contents of a Delta metal fabrication shop. May fourteenth, Able Auctions will sell the contents of three restaurants at a couple of grocery stores, including all inventory. For info on these auctions and other auctions, go to Able Auctions, dot C A b l E Auctions dot C A Big Rye. Next, Donny and Dully the team check. Looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway, head to beautiful Parks Bill and experience the Bayside ocean Front Resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction. Splash in the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the ocean front restaurant and lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round Escape book Your Getaway now at two five zero, two four eight eight triple three. Your Island Adventure starts here. Okay, some technical difficulties, so no music for big Rye the Twitter guy. In fact, at this point we're waiting for our computer issues to clear up. No big Rye. So we'll see if that happens or if we can get big Rye going again before before this segment ends. We haven't had a we haven't had a malfunction for a while at the junction. I think unless it happens on Friday when I'm when I'm not around, well it's probably better. Okay, So we'll wait on a Big Rye. All sorts of reaction coming in regarding the Leaf's press conference and what the what the Canucks are up to or not up to. Meanwhile, we haven't talked yet about what happened last night. In the National hockey they talk about contrasting games. Oh, the Montreal Canadians win a game seven on the road to to one with just nine shots on goals, zero shots in the second period, setting all sorts of records for you know, shots on goal futility, and yet winning the hockey game four shots after two periods, Donnie, they were out shot twenty nine nineteen.
Speaker 4: I never thought they'd out goaltend the Tampa Bee, but they did. Over the course of the seven games, every game in the series seemed like one goal. Yeah, I know, one goal.
Speaker 3: Every game in.
Speaker 4: The series felt like it was a game seven. I do feel for the Lightning. They had no victor. Hedman, you know that DoD four straight year, Tampa Bee's out in round one hundred points, hundred points, hundred points and they're out in round one every year.
Speaker 3: The stat well, it's it's I think, certainly excusable. Two of those losses one came to the leaves, yes, but two of those losses were at the hands of the Florida who went on to win the Stanley Cup. But nobody, I don't think many people expected, not the way it went anyway, seven games, all one goal. And then John Cooper when I when I don't know if you saw his press conference afterwards, but he alluded to what happened in the gold medal final in Italy and it was so similar to yesterday in that and I think the quote that he came up with after Canada lost the gold medal game was we won the game, we lost the score, and it was just it was so similar yesterday. They all played the leaves out shot them, certainly by a the Habs, I mean shot them why by a wide margin, but two to one final. Montreal was moving on and I think a lot of people were looking at the NHL playoff but bracket and I'm certainly like this, and all due respect to Tampa Bay, yep, but hoping for a Buffalo Montreal second round series because those are arguably the two best buildings in the National Hockey League. The atmospheres come right through the television. Gonna be great Montreal because it's Montreal, you know, arguably the center of the hockey universe. I know Toronto likes to think it is, but the Halves are having success right now. And Buffalo has great hockey fans.
Speaker 4: So a lot of them are from South Market, southern Ontario.
Speaker 3: And then there's that fourteen year wait as well. I'm really looking forward to that series.
Speaker 4: The one stat last night, Donnie and I had to double triple check this to see if it was true. Nikita Kutirov no points in seven game sevens, Like I have trouble believing that This is a guy that gets one hundred and twenties in a bad mood too, one hundred and twenty thirty points every year. Nikita Kurov, Nikita Kucharrov has played seven game sevens and has no points. That is shocking, shocking to me.
Speaker 3: And in contrast to that two to one game with so few Montreal shots, Colorado and the Wild nine six nineteen eighties, Like, so, a, how's your computer?
Speaker 1: I am back, but I have no time what happens? So why when do you mini big big rye at like eleven fifteen?
Speaker 3: Maybe so you know why? Because you were disrespectful to Steve Simmons. I guess, So guess that's what happens? Okay, dtmz And is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour? And Bob Staffer Evanton legend, great guy the Oilers Now show on Ched Brady was also Oilers analyst. And last time I checked, the Edvonton owners knocked out of the Stanley Cup playoffs by the Anaheim Ducks. Bob softfer. Next, Donnie Dolly the team check. Hey everyone, it's Donnie Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company called two five eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email.
Speaker 5: Advertise at Checkmedia dot ca.
Speaker 3: The music's back. Oh it is Monday, and all of our guests, including Bob Staff for standing by in Ebonson brought to you by Basson Motors, Bright Deals and Bettered Drives or ahead at Basanon Motors hit the road with huge savings going forward. Stop by their dealership located at one six three one five Freezer Highway in Surrey, or check them out online at Basson Motors, B A, S A and T Motors dot com. Join now by Bob Staff or Ebonton Oilers Analyst a host of oilers now on cha at Chad of course, the Oilers knocked off in six games by the Ducks in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Opening around Bob joins us. Now, Bob, longtime we'll talk to are you sir?
Speaker 8: How are you doing? Don Are you doing?
Speaker 1: Direc awesome?
Speaker 3: We're doing just fine?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Do you agree with Connor McDavid saying the Oilers were an average team with high expectations.
Speaker 8: Well they had high expectations, and they never had a sustained sequence where they were really dominant any point this year. The two years before, you know, they had a sixteen game winning streak. They won twenty four to twenty seven games at one point. And then last year it actually started in Vancouver November the seventh, you can look it up. The others went in and won like seven to two against the Canucks and for the next three months, sevens and had the best record in the NHL. This year, they had won five game winning streak all years. Towards the end of the year at one point they hadn't had a three game winning streak, So they never had any sort of sustained run of success. They were consistently inconsistent and their penalty killing absolutely undermined them. In the series against Anaheim, and I want to give Anaheim some credit. The Orders. You went in a six or seven game series or losing a six and seven game series, and there's moments in a series, and even when the Orders beat the Canucks and seven, that series could have gone either way. You win a series in four or five, you beat a team like Edmonton beat Vegas last year, Edmonton beat Dallas in the final. Florida was the better team and in this series, Anaheim was the better team. Emonton's penalty killing gave Anaheim their offensive player's confidence. And and they were young, and sometimes young teams are emotional and going massive swings. We saw that with Anaheim in the regular season. So Veronton got beat by a better team. And yes, because they were so consistently inconsistent, they were just an average team this year.
Speaker 3: So how do you explain that, Bob, you mentioned the p K. It obviously goes beyond that, especially when you're talking about a lone that includes such tremendous players.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they're in lie like it's it's a first of all, it is hard to win. Yeah, Okay, and we look no further like I think John Cooper top three coach. Okay, Tampa Bay has a want of opening ROUNDE. They haven't won a playoff series in four years. They got John Cooper as a head coach, they got a top five goalie in the world, and Andrey Vassilevski. They got point and Koutrov. They're two to ten at home in the playoffs in the last four years. Now they play a tough division, but it's hard to win. And in Everton's case, and I'll get to the PK specifically because there's one player that greatly influenced it. But all of Edmonton's four centers were compromised in the series. McDavid we found out had either a fractured ankle or a busted foot. I mean, we'd see him on the plane. I knew what kind of pain he was in Dickinson, he had the pain threshold of a cadaver. Just to play like you know, you block a shot in the back of the leg, usually that's an airline fracture. Dry Suttle admitted in his in a very frankly a brilliant postseason media session. I mean, it just showed the leadership that he's got. But he said, hey, we acknowledge we as leaders have to be better. I lacked some pop in my game, no excuse, we didn't get it done. So that's three of the centers and the fourth guy was henryk And the order's penalty killing during the regular season was at eighty percent with Henrik. And when you're running the fifth best power play all the time in NHL history at thirty point five percent, and you got an eighty percent penalty killing, you're living large on special teams. It was sixty nine percent without Henry in the regular season. He got hurt just before the Olympics and the Orders had a swoon at that time, and as soon as he went off, I looked at cam Moon and I was like, oh boy, that's the if. They could have some problems here, and Anaheim's powerplay won them, in my opinion, Game two in admaton and Game four and home in spite of the disputed goald call in Game four and overtime, but their power play got him back in the game, and then then they spawned greater offensive confidence off of it, so frustrating great star players. They targeted McDavid, they targeted dry Settle, Bouchard got hammered in the first game. Are real hard hit. I thought it had affected him for about a game and a half. Had some tough moments the Oiders and Anaheim was very well coached. Anaheim used more players and the Oiders looked like a team that had been in the Stanley Cup Final the last two years. And you know, the Oiders have played three, two, four, four, thirteen playoffs series in the last four years before this year. You know, that's never happened in Canuck's history. That's never happened in Flames history, that's never happened in the Jets are Autawai history. We're damn lucky to have watched it. But it also takes a toll on the players. It's not an excuse. They didn't achieve what they wanted to achieve this year. They didn't get near to the level that they did, and as a result, there's a full evaluation take a place right.
Speaker 1: Now, Bob.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a bigger Vasilly Pod Colson fan in the world than the guy we're interviewing. What a great year by Pod Colson, great in the playoffs. What a coming out party for this guy this year, Bob.
Speaker 8: And what don't understand Rick and Don is, come on, what were the fight? Here's the thing. So we see him in training camp and so I'm usually the first one at the rank in the mornings, and I want to watch who's working with the goalies, and I want to see how hard the goalies are working, and I want to see who's being used in shooter girls and that sort of stuff, and dry Settles often out there early, and Vacilly was always the first guy on the ice. And I'm about a two weeks into the regular season. I remember talking to Bells and he said, stuff, we stole a player out of Vancouver. This guy is going to kill it. He's going to become the most there's three hundred thousand Ukrainians living in northern Alberta. They love Facility, you know, like it's impossible not to love the guy. You know, he stands up for his teammates, you know. I know in his first fight against a J. Gurry learned a lesson. Well he's a quick learner, because he's done pretty well since then. He leads a team in hits. He's and to Stan Bowman's credit, and you know, I see a lot of Stan. He got ahead of it on pet Coles and he predicted that he would have, you know, power forward numbers this year. The orders have already got extended at just three billion dollars year two point nine to five million times a three year term carrying forward. And and there's a lot of criticism of Stan's body of work in the last couple of years. But Pat Coleson was That trade was made August the eighteenth. You can look it up because I flew back to see my family in Vancouver for a couple of weeks and I did a wedding in Edmonton on the Saturday, and the trade was made on a Sunday. And our analytics guy, Michael Park Caddy and Stan that Pat Colson was their target. And I think the Canucks were worried about losing them on the waivers. Yes, yes, And it's been a home it's been a home run pickup. You might see next year, you guys, the owners load up McDavid and dry settle with Pat Coleson. And they would do that because they've got to get more forwards involved and it's easier to do with Connor and Leon are playing on the same line. And Vicilly's such a workhorse that he's the perfect compliment there.
Speaker 4: All right, Bob, listen, you guys stole Pod Colson or the Canucks stealing Bill Scott? What's going on there?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure where it's at with Bill Scott. I you know, I know you've got you've probably already discussed some of the names that are maybe being brought in Here's what I'd say about Bill Scott. He's been with the organization since twenty ten. He ran the farm team. His father, Gill Scott's a long time representative of coaches and general managers and specifically long stampers and kickers in the NFL and CFL guys back of the day, you know, basically at the NHL level. Bill has worked with Craig McTavish during the decade of Darkest Pete Sharelli as the owners started to get a little bit better, Ken Holland Edmonton had the second best record in the Western Conference in the five years that Ken was here, and then Stan Bowman. So he's worked with four different gms. He'd be the first to tell you he is not a scout, okay, But in terms of could he be a general manager, yeah, he could be a general manager. He understands analytics. He's not the guy that drives the analytics. He understands cap He's negotiated a lot of contracts with some of the agents. Some wins, some losses, maybe you could argue, but he's had experience and he understands being in a Canadian market and I don't actually think Vancouver and Calgary are in as bad as Bots as some other people out there seem to think so. And I'd love to tell you because I'm gonna go see a mutual acquaintance of ours right after this interview. You guys, a good friend of ours named Jerry Rick, and I'd love to discuss what I think the Canucks should do with the top, you know, one of those top three picks. But Bill knows what he is and knows what he isn't and sometimes, you know, I definitely know this. I think he did very well with Nashville in the interview process there. So I don't know where they're at with Vancouver and or where he's at or where the Canucks are at with him, but I think Vancouver would be a great job for someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Bob goaltending, Well, what's the situation in Edmonton? I believe they only have one goaltender at the NHL level or will have only one goaltender NHL level under contract? What does this thing go back like twenty years? Like they're looking for a goalie. I'm exaggerating him, of course, but what are they going to do next season?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean, what's crazier?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 8: Crazier having Roberto La Loongo and Krey Schneider. Right, here's what I think they should do. So they got Tristan Jarry similar to what's got like Jake Wallman. This year in a tough regular season, he was pretty good in the playoffs. They got to get the most out of Jake Wallman. His seven year extension kicks in. Next year, they got Frederick. He was healthy, scratched. I don't necessarily agree that he should have been healthy scratched. I would have had him playing in all the playoff games. And then in Jerry's case, Ingram played ahead of them. Ingram's the UFA. They got to work with the guy that they traded for and Tristan. If you had told me when they made that trade and Tristan came right in and started against Toronto and started against Pittsburgh and hurt against Boston, that he wouldn't have been the owner of starting goalie in the playoffs, and you're crazy. So they got to rebuild. They got to rebuild Jerry or look at a different option. And I guess time will tell.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 8: Stambohman said he's getting he's going through the process of fear and out what happened with the Orders this season, and but they traded for this guy at the trade right now, let's not be sing each other right now. It doesn't look too pretty. I watched Tristan Jerry be the last WHL and I watched the WHL closely, and the league is nowhere near as good as it once was, especially in relation to how good the NCAA is. So there's your nudge, nudge wink wink on McKenna and Verhoff in particular. They played in a way more difficult league than the kids that are being judged out of Major Junior. But I watched Tristan Jarry guide Edmonton, you know, help Emitton be the last WHL team to win him Real Cup. When he's on, he's pretty good. He can really handle the blockey. He's got a great glove. And I know Steve Elliquette, Pope, uh, you know, brought up some challenges in both Jarry and Jake yours game which I found interest in some similar challenges and movement. They got to work with this guy, so you know, in Jarry's case, he's under contract for two more years. I got to decide if they bring Ingram back. Ingram has a very close connection to the Knoblock family. They're both from Imperial Saskatchewan, and I think Everton has to look at an organization that's deep in goaltending prospects and try to grab there's a couple in the Eastern Conference and maybe try to get the mixed there on a younger goaltender that's going to be the goally o the future. But that's my assessment.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean I'm right, Okay, Bob ten seconds or less, noblocked back next year.
Speaker 8: We'll see, right, Yeah, we'll see. I mean he knows. I mean they got to evaluate. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: You know, I have to commend to you. You only took about four or five shots at the Canucks. Usually it's ten or twelve. So that's not bad.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you the Canucks. She drops McKenna one. If he's there, and they got to consider him a hul trip ahoff. Those are those for me, would be the top three picks.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow wow?
Speaker 3: No Stenburgh?
Speaker 8: Okay, is Stenburg a winger? I don't think if I'm if I'm Francesca AKLINI I don't think you can pass on Gavin mcclennig he played, he put up fifty points in NCAA hockey, and I think you have to consider Airhoff. Yeah, I'm six ft four, right shot. I know you got there's a perception that the Canucks have depth on the fence. They're probably looking to look forward and you know Spencer Hymen's Branford's been pushed in that series, but Maholt has been fantastic for Branford that series so far.
Speaker 3: Bob, thank for this, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: About and beyond is always all the best.
Speaker 8: Stuck. Anytime you're stuck and can't get to anybody out of.
Speaker 3: You'll be the first person we call Bob Banks for this. Here's guys, you bet adios stop stoff for Edmonton Owners analyst seventeen seasons. He's been there as the analyst. He's the best, covers every everything sports and the Elks and the oil Kings. Host of Oilers now on Chad TV, which has also been around for a long long time. Boy, that that Cody gave about Vacili put Coles in. And I know this because I'm a descendant of these people, three hundred thousand Ukrainians in Northern Alberta, and they all love They'll love silly. Put coles in break and we'll be back to update the Wild and God Poll Question Donnie and Dolly and the team on Check. Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by able Auctions dot ca. Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business.
Speaker 5: And sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A that's sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca A Bottle dog pull question experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations, Sleep sip, stock up All in one, legendary spot the dog, Come sit and stay at the Wattling Dog Today, Rick.
Speaker 4: All right, get her up the Watling Dog up Pop Pop Question, Land and DuPont join the show today.
Speaker 1: When would you like to.
Speaker 4: See the Canucks win the draft lottery this year or next year? Look at this next year? Sixty two percent this year thirty eight percent. This is very simple. I understand this next year there are there is going to be a superstar leg Landed DuPont. This year, it doesn't have that. It just doesn't doesn't look like it.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 3: Don So nobody can surprise you, or if they could.
Speaker 4: There's no Macklin Celabrini, who's obviously it would be an MVP candidate in two years. There's no celebrinian this year's draft. I'm sorry there isn't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have to worry about the Canucks winning the draft lottery this year. Why because they're sending the Sadeens to represent them. Right, you know where I'm coming from here. This is all due respect to Daniel and Henrik Sadeen, but how did they start their national hockety careers?
Speaker 1: H drafted by the Canucks.
Speaker 3: Drafted second and third overall. You're sending that you don't want to draft second or third overall. This year's the problem you have to So what do you do? You send Daniel and Henrik Sadeen to represent you. Look, I'm a believer in karma and luck and all that sort of stuff, So I did these guys were drafted second overall and third overall. You want first overall. These are the guys representing it. I love these guys. They're fantastic, greatest Caknucks of all time. Arguably, you know, certainly up up there, I give the situation. I'm not so sure I want them presenting this franchise.
Speaker 4: Here's your problem, don In fifty six years of Canuck's history, they've never had the first overall pick.
Speaker 1: They can't send.
Speaker 3: Someone not getting it. No, I I send Finn. Why anybody? But the guys who are drafted second and third overall? They don't know.
Speaker 4: They've lost karma, Donnie. They've lost the draft lottery five times. Well, they've never moved They've they've never moved up. They've always moved down four years in a row from twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: What's your point, though, you see what I'm saying about.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter who you send. This organization is jinxed.
Speaker 3: Or maybe you're fucking This is kind of outrageous in my opinion. Anyway, and maybe you know it goes goes the other way. It's got the lux got to turn one of these days. But again, given the choice, I think we see our poll results. I think most people would rather have them winning next year with Land and DuPont available. Oh you know, Oh, nothing against Gavin McKenna or or Stenburg if you had to pick one or the other.
Speaker 4: I don't mind the Sadeine Twins going. These two classy guys who longtime actually live here.
Speaker 1: I have no issues.
Speaker 3: Okay, we only we have time to do the Draft lottery simulator. I know you're upset because your your segment didn't work out the way it did. But let's let's do the Draft lottery simulator. We haven't done it for a long time. The Draft lottery is tomorrow. Maybe we'll do it again tomorrow because our shoul will air before the Draft Lottery, which is four o'clock Pacific. That's when it started. That's when, Yeah, that's when it starts. The broadcast starts at that time. Anyway, So okay, Rick, do you want to go first. I'll go first.
Speaker 4: I want to thank all the fans showing up the season, tooking holders to the beer Shack on Johnson Road in White Rock, the Beer Shack. Let's do this right now, and I'll tell you who and what's happening. Look at this the Vancouver Canucks with the third overall pick, followed by trust sound happy. I'm not happy If the Canucks don't get picked one tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna feel so bad for the fans.
Speaker 4: Toronto's got the second pick. Look who's got the first? Beck Dottie down the highway two hours Seattle.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, take athon NHL Draft Lottery simulator. It's the game show that's sweeping the nation. And I just want to say a special hello to all of our season ticket holders are a lot of them anyway, who are assembled at the Excite Grill on East Hastings in North Bernaby. And a special low to little Smitty Smithson's having some tough times right now, So hello Tom Smitty. All right, the way we go the third overall pick. Look at this third overall pick in the National Hockey leaue graft goes to the Vancouver car second overall pick, moving up five spots, the Jets to Winnipeg. And for those of you who don't speak French, that's the Winnipeg Jets number one pick overall. Okay, I don't know how this works. The Florida Panthers, oh stop, that would be locked in. They would get that pick, right.
Speaker 1: So their pick is one to ten protected.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Florida, Winnipeg Vancouver won two to three.
Speaker 1: Right, Like does I say hello to season ticket holders? Our business partners all gathered at the Rail and River Bistro beautiful Fort Langley, British Columbia. That is there, No no Fort Langley though on a nice weekend.
Speaker 3: Master of the It's packed.
Speaker 1: Drafting in third position, familiar spot for them. The Vancouver Canucks second overall. San Jose They're moving up seven spots. San Jose are second overall. Pick number one overall are the New York Rangers overall.
Speaker 3: And I totally expect that to happen. See you for Chicago, but all three of us with the connection third third, by the way, people know this, but for the few people who don't, that's their best shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the chances.
Speaker 1: I need the Canucks to draft first only because I can't do Wednesday's show of the Conspiracy. The NHL wants the plan. I can't do it, man, I can't. I can't. I can't, you know, frozen envelopes and backroom dealings, because it's gonna happen with like if the Rangers win it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: With a frozen envelope. Maybe the best draft story story.
Speaker 1: Of all time. Yeah, I just I just because that's what our is gonna be filled with on Wednesday, and I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: But again, if it, if it increases through karma, their chances of finishing or winning the draft lottery next year, I as a long time follower, the canuck them all for that. That's fine. This but do you agree with me on this? Daniel and Hendrick side, like, well, that's it seems kind of strange. I don't think they thought this through.
Speaker 1: Who else you gonna send?
Speaker 4: You're gonna sign Rutherford, You're gonna send that? Who are you gonna say? You're gonna send Finn? Come on the clapper, Two classy guys, two good guys.
Speaker 1: You have to send them. You have to send the city. If the league sends to them, you gotta send it representative for the franchise. It has to be them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think you're getting Yes, I know they were draft drafted, second and third draft.
Speaker 1: They've never had a first over, never had a first round, So what are you gonna do? Like, how are you gonna send.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens tomorrow. Yeah, wow, all three of us with them drafting third. You've got some business.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, are you kidding me? Absolutely? BC's number one sports Memorabileian gaming shop Pastime Sports check out the largest selection of sports memorabilia, autograft items, trading cards and collectible games of Western Canada. Look at this twenty twenty twenty six World Cup apparel and cards now available. If you can't visit them in store, you can shop their massive collection featuring cards from any are online of Pastime Sports DOTSI.
Speaker 1: A laptop front on the laptop okay, c twenty twenty five NBA champion Pnini box of cards there on the front. Okay, see taken on the Lakers in the in the next round. Former coaches believes in the news today, So I brought the boot yeah, drow card because they need pub Well, no, they're in the news. And then the other card. Over the day, Rick Talckett Flyers.
Speaker 3: Looking to bounce back against the hurricane Sue Saint Marie Greyhounds and look at what he's gone on his legs? Oh my gosh, what were they thinking? I don't know something it was an idea. It was called dress pants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody thought it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: And to think there were two NHL teams that wore them, the Hartford Wheelers and the Philadelphia Flyers. Nobody else. So is it? What a weird time? I had to playing beer la everybody did, Okay, no one cares. Oh look at this crazy p they should send.
Speaker 1: There's a who's crazy. He's the super fan.
Speaker 3: He's at the Lions games as well.
Speaker 1: Oh that guy, that guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, they shoots on Crazy George.
Speaker 4: Oh oh definitely crazy George. Ryan doesn't even know crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, San Jose super fan.
Speaker 3: Oh what happened in the past, So it doesn't Empire Stadium.
Speaker 1: He was at Empire at all. I know who he is though?
Speaker 3: Did I mention I was at the crazy first Crazy George game?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Mid seventies? Yeah? Oh just my dad just he just loved he just loved that.
Speaker 4: I remember Crazy George at Empire.
Speaker 3: Oh, DTMZ is just me coming up in the eleven o'clock. Uh what am I doing here? You are these I am losing it today.
Speaker 1: I don't know if these allergies the heat.
Speaker 3: What I'm telling you the allergies right now are like so bad?
Speaker 1: Like absolutely, you've turned the AC on at your place right, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: Experiently, yeah, exactly, exactly. Cheap is cheapest, can be? Okay, We're good. DTMC next Honey Delay The team on.
Speaker 4: Check looking for one of Victoria's most iconic stays. The award winning Waddling Dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years. Ten minutes from the airport in the Ferry. Their rooms blend vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog. Pop twenty taps, Waldwall, TVs every Canucks game and UFC pay per view, plus an extensive daily happy hour, and before you go, stock up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, plus exclusive Donnie and Dolly merchandise. The Dog isn't just a hotel, It's a destination. Come, sit and stay. It's eleven thirty five on a Monday morning. Donnie Dolly on check TV Now time for DTMs. He brought to you by the world famous Swisser Golf Club.
Speaker 1: Go see Big All Out.
Speaker 4: They're a great track, great draft.
Speaker 3: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design was the golf club where phase two of their extensive golf course renovation is underway. The golf course will reopen for place summer twenty twenty seven, but the range is open now. Follow them on Instagram and whist their golfer updates on their renovations. A bit of a left turn here, Big Ride the Twitter guy. That segment got sidetracked by some technical malfunctions, so we're gonna allow Big Ride to take things take over here on DTMZ.
Speaker 1: Just quickly before we get to birthdays. But over the weekend, Carolina Hurricanes game number one. Hurricanes Flyers beer skates ye sold in Raleigh. Check out the video. So it's not a real skate by the way, I know Rick was wondering about that. Then skate laid and everything on the bottom. It's not a real skate. It's just like a plastic cup that you fill.
Speaker 3: With b Okay. I think people know it's not skate, but.
Speaker 1: It's like a mini skate. It's a mini skate. It's got a handle on it and everything awesome. The Hurricanes, by the way, after the game tweeted out. I think this was on Sunday or Saturday, if I have that right. Four thousand and six and eighty seven beer skates sold in the first game. Really one in every four fans purchased it.
Speaker 3: You know what this means? Kind of the Kings are copying what other teams do. We'll see this at Rogers Arena.
Speaker 1: This is the you know, the creativity. Like I don't know if you guys saw that the Buffalo Sabers have like a mini stick of beer. You and we've seen the Mariners have a bat stuff, creative stuff. I wish we would see that over there Rodgers Arena.
Speaker 3: That's something new and different.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 3: A guy can finish his interviews there and yeah, something like that and become the beer skate guy. That's what will happen. He will become the beer skate guy. They'll copy that. But I don't know what is with the Carolina and they finished first overall Eastern Conference, so what they have They have yet to trail in a game in the playoffs. Why does that team bore me? Because they are I love rod Brenda Moore and Logan Stan Covin. But there's just something about them that for years, they just don't.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, excited, I'm with you uniforms. I think that I think they're gonna be one of the problems.
Speaker 4: They're so good defensively, they limit other teams offense. That's one of the problems. They don't have a real You don't get a time. Do they have a superstar No Logan stank cop, wonderful player, Logan stan Coleman, don't get me going Kamloops getting the Canucks took you know who six spots earlier.
Speaker 1: Don't get me going.
Speaker 3: The point is, yeah, the point, I wouldn't have got that. The point. The point is that that I think for a lot of people, they just don't. They don't. I don't know, they don't spark a lot.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, but Rich's right. I think it's partly because they snuff out the competition.
Speaker 4: So limit opportunities and other teams don't get they're great checkers and Jalens.
Speaker 3: Kind of it's throwback to the Dead Puck era. Yeah, it is, it is, it is, which was awful.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've got birthdays, all right.
Speaker 3: May May Hey, May the fourth, May the fourth day?
Speaker 1: Is gray fourth?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 1: Is it fourth?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You got it right? Oh? I did Star Wars Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Today's Star Wars Day. Yeah right, get that sponsor up.
Speaker 4: Let's go a little Ricky's a grocery store casino.
Speaker 3: Where is this accurate? Oh?
Speaker 1: With task? With task?
Speaker 4: When I was there in ninety four, Donny, I'll tell you, boy, old boy, this is justin and East Van. Did they good people there.
Speaker 3: In the task?
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you they took Ricky in and treated me real nice cars? Costs less cars, costs less task. This guy was the second round pick of Buffalo in two thousand and one, nineteen ninety nine, two thousand and one, Yeah, oh l Rookie of the Year in Kitchener one a Memorial Cup in two thousand and two, once silverwood Canada at the World Juniors, a year after sixty three points when the Sabers captured the President's Trophy in two thousand and six, Good Team then signs a six year, twenty four million dollar extension with the Sabers traded to Dallas, then traded to Vancouver twenty thirteen in exchange for Kevin Canntton and the second rounder Mike Gillis did that trade. He registered and assist in his first game of the Canucks. He would only play sixteen games for the Canucks, four in the playoffs that summer. The Canucks left him, let him walk as Ufa bounced around.
Speaker 3: And when am I not getting this?
Speaker 4: Because the clues I'm doing a good job. He has a very short last name.
Speaker 3: When I'm not getting this, I'm blanking completely.
Speaker 4: When he got traded to Vancouver, I hunted him down to the Phillies.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it is okay.
Speaker 4: Just last three letters, three letters with R and a Y. Derekroy, Derek Roy, Derek Roy, you are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's my job to make the clues top so we don't get it. Were well done.
Speaker 4: That's that's exactly what I did, all right. This guy's a fourth round pick of Buffalo in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: You like your Sabers there.
Speaker 4: He let Quebec Junior League in penalty minutes ninety two, ninety three, ninety five with the Sabers three hundred and thirty five minutes in penalties, career high goals in ninety six nineteen. Traded to the Penguins, he fought his former teammate Rob Ray. He dined with him the night before bingle. That's the story. Everybody knows. Matthew Barnaby went to dinner with Rob Ray the night before day after they fought.
Speaker 3: Who paid?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know, but he's been on our show. Great guy, Matthew Barnaby.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go this.
Speaker 4: Golfers a three time FedEx Cup winner, famous for winning his first major at the age of twenty two. At only two years old, he could hit a forty yard drive. Uh youngest he want a major at two? Nat the dawn He was two years old when he could hit a drive forty yards youngest member of the Hollywood Golf Club there in California?
Speaker 1: Is it Ricky Faller? Ricky Fowler, No, it's not.
Speaker 4: Ricky Fowler became the number one rank amateur in the world at age seventeen in two thousand and seven. Nineteen, he became the seventh youngest winner on the European Tour two thousand and nine, dropped out of high school at age sixteen to pursue golf and ended up being the number one player in the world. Rory McElroy, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Rory and I.
Speaker 1: Lied a little.
Speaker 4: It's not Hollywood, California, it's Hollywood Iron.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They was showing it with me. Yeah, they were showing his boys celebrating.
Speaker 4: He was born in Hollywood, Northern Ireland.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyways, this guy is good actor.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 4: He's a Canadian actor. He went to New York in nineteen ninety nine to study at the least Rasberg Theater and Film Institute. Born in born in Toronto, dual citizen, Canadian US guy, but he can do both. Before he got his first big starting film, one of his first gigs was he was in the nineteen eighty seven Manwich commercial.
Speaker 3: Remember Manwich, Oh with the ground beef, Grand Beef Manwich. Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was the other one though? That came out before Manwich? Hamburger Helper. Anyways, Hamburger Helper was disgusting. Anyways, he was not in Hamburger Help.
Speaker 3: Did disagree?
Speaker 1: You're losing it?
Speaker 3: Man? You like Hamburger Helper. I like Hamburger Helper. I love Manwich Manwich as a kid, Oh yeah, just the name all right. Uh.
Speaker 4: He also did GMC truck commercials like in Canada.
Speaker 3: His voice GMC.
Speaker 4: He did voiceovers for Batman in the legal movie Will Learnett, Yeah, will learn It?
Speaker 1: Well, learn it.
Speaker 4: That is very suspicious, very sore that you weren't around for Manwich in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: What was the show he did well? The part of the part directed development.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's with the SmartLess podcast now and that's made them also incredible.
Speaker 3: And Blades of Glory, Oh, Blades Glory was.
Speaker 1: He's in the he's in the RBC commercials right now. Yeah, massive leaves fan, Huge leaves fan.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad he didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Then he was almost going to do Kit the voice.
Speaker 4: Remember dark No night Rider number night Rider David hassel Off, Oh, great show it is dark Rider, Donnie night Rider. Yeah, we grew up with night Rider. It was a great show. Kit remember Kit.
Speaker 3: That must have been the remake then.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, he's doing a commercials right now.
Speaker 3: For can't we're off for will Arnette. We just said no, see, okay, is it just me he's coming up the late What did you say, I didn't have this or something? Oh okay, I know what you said. Okay, we'll figure that out tomorrow. The late James Brown born ninety three years ago Sunday, Rick, and He's going to play us out October sixty five in the album of the same name. This this is James Brown and I Got you Slash, I Feel good on. Check your home for funk on a BC Monday morning Wow three foot hot Dogs, postgame fireworks, Friday noonters and the future Toronto Blue Jays right in your backyard. Catch a Vancouver Canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years at nap Bailey Stadium. For tickets, promotions and more information, visit Canadians Baseball dot com or call six oh four eight seven to two, five two three two today. Okay, I'm not doing a good job of clock management today. Not much time, Rick, go for it?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 11: Just me?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: You should have led the broadcast with the Canucks win last night, the only con the team left from the Cup race, addressing the ongoing rumors of the next Canucks GMS is getting old? Yeah, Montruk, Canadians, Valley Dale, Valley Dale. Let me give you a broadcasting journalism one on one course. Always start local, check his local. We are in Vancouver, We're in BC. Canucks are number one.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not We're not leading with the mont Frauk Canadians. Stop stop with that.
Speaker 3: Kyle and comos. Is it just me Luke Gaz that could take note from Bob Staffer on how to be a likable Oiler's media member. Always enjoy his interviews. Bob's a lot of fun and I know that you're a big GASTK fan.
Speaker 4: I love Bob Staffer and he lives in Vancouver in the summer too. A lot of people don't know that dark Is it just me? Or said the Canucks send the Green Men to the draft lot his representatives David Siedner in Cedar, David Cedar.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I like that, the Green Men. That would work.
Speaker 3: I mentioned the Clapper earlier. Do you remember the Clapper?
Speaker 1: Of course I remember the Clapper. Who doesn't remember the Clapper?
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Jeeves from Surrey? But Donnie didn't know this. Will Arnett was in the Sopranos as well. Did you watch the Sopranos?
Speaker 1: Knocked the in and out a little bit?
Speaker 3: So you watch the Beverly Hillbillies and Brady Bunch for not the Sopranos. Oh are you the Brady Bunch was Great, which were on the hem of the undercover of an undercover cop in the Sopranos, Marshall will Arnet Brady Bunch, who didn't watch Brady Bunch?
Speaker 4: Come on, God, guys, is it just me? How are you gonna keep your grass green? These idiotic waters restrictions?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 1: And uh, what's going on with the water restrictions? Donnie? I have no idea what you just said, like, how are you going to keep your grass green? You know what I hate?
Speaker 3: You don't? You don't you don't keep it green.
Speaker 4: It rains for ten months in this city, two weeks of sunshine, and the grass goes from green to brown?
Speaker 3: What decular? What type of weather weather would satisfy you? Because you hate the bold, you hate the heat?
Speaker 8: What? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 4: I used to be the sprinkler guy. I'd get up at four and nothing to do with your law.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I was the sprink clod.
Speaker 4: I'd get up at four to keep the grass green before everyone got up in the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I get a nice start too, and most I stop.
Speaker 4: I don't care if the grass goes from green to brown. I stopped caring.
Speaker 3: Dog unsigned is it just me. Remember the only first overall pick that Cannucks owned at one point was packaged together for the sedeens, so they are as good as first overall as far as I'm concerned. Brian Brooke had that first pick for like a few seconds, I believe think, I think I've got that right back in nineteen ninety nine, and he worked out things with Atlanta and Tampa Bay and managed to get second and third and pick the Sedins and the rest is history. We got to go, Okay, I'll break then we'll wrap up the show in the poll question, the water dog poll question. Next Donniye Dolly. The team on Jack.
Speaker 11: The BC Construction Safety Lines is celebrating twenty five years of making BC work sites safer. As part of that mission, the BCCSA is now on the road with the Safety on Tour, a new mobile education experience that delivers live safety demonstrations directly to your work site, school, or community. Safety on Tour offers engaging, interactive demonstrations that highlight key safety principles, whether it's the effectiveness of fall arrest systems, the advantages of safe lifting procedures, or the protection offered by helmets. Safety glasses and gloves. Safety on Tour transforms safety information into memorable and actionable experiences. Book now at a reserve and appearance by the Safety on Tour Mobile experience. Contact the vc Construction Safety Alliance by emailing Safety on Tour at VCCSA dot CA.
Speaker 4: Don pull Rick, Ryan Op Let's go, Ryan the Waddling Dog, Ryan Right, Come on, man, Waddling Dog. Up Pop Pop Question, Land and Duppop Boy. This kid, if you get a chance to get out there and watch them. He joined the show today. When would you like to see the Connects win the draft lottery? Sixty two percent say next year, that's when Land and Dupod's going to be available, and then thirty eight percent say this year.
Speaker 3: Interesting. What was the band name from last week? Sons of Fathers, Sons of Fathers, Sons of Fathers, Derek. I think Nina might have marked it down, but just in case, Sons of Fathers, because another band name you mentioned you came up with it. Rick the Sprinkler Guy, Like a band could be called Rick the Sprinkers.
Speaker 4: I love sprinklers, but I I stopped Where are we going now?
Speaker 3: Photos? You stopped liking sprinkling?
Speaker 4: No, I gave up on watering the grass.
Speaker 1: I just gave up. Anyways, go go where we're going photos, what we're going to the dog? No, you go first, you go first, you go first, Fine, I'll go first.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, I was at Riverway Golf Club celebrating a wedding for Ian and Jill Radnitz. So I had to show this photo. That's me on the left. I know, I'm looking like a million bucks.
Speaker 3: Ian in the middle, Jean's on.
Speaker 1: That's his pops Randy on the right. Randy Radnich watches our show every day. Oh, he's a massive fan of our.
Speaker 3: Bernie me guy.
Speaker 1: You know Randy. Yeah, he's big in the la cross community. The Raditches as a whole are big in the lacrosse community. So I had to take a photo with the two guys, and I said I'd show it today.
Speaker 12: So lovely wedding. Took a Donny Dolly hat at to a wedding, but just for the hell, just for the fun, I'd give a hand out to people. Yeah, I'm attacking with that. I've given Randy does have a Donny Doll he had.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Okay, super great guys, great photo.
Speaker 1: Let's go where we're going now at the Dog.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: I went down island to Victoria to celebrate my sister Maria's sixtieth day.
Speaker 3: You no, no, no, I'm reading the test.
Speaker 4: So Cory and Nanaimo went down island to Victoria to celebrate his sister's sixtieth birthday, Maria, but not before stopping in at the Waddling Dog to.
Speaker 1: Get this beauty of hat.
Speaker 4: Boil boy, look at that, Corey and I will look like a million bucks and a happy birthday to Maria who turned sixty.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a sports page hat. We're still making those, right Yeah not wee but yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys, after the show today, you got to get caught up.
Speaker 3: My singer sewing machine. Yeah, okay, we're good sewing.
Speaker 1: Is it talent?
Speaker 3: You know what's the end of the show. We'll continue this discussion tomorrow. We brought up sewing machines and manwichpnkl hey draft lottery. Tomorrow we'll talk about it. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks of Ryan, Derek Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy and Jack. I'm done up to dat the Wolf Sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dolly for all the latest show content.