Speaker 1: It's time for Terror in the Sky flights to zero and I are you're a claret the day off? Roger, get off my plane, Roger Rogers, what's our vector?
Speaker 2: Victor?
Speaker 1: Enough is enough? I have had to put these mucky pipe snakes on this money. It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Skies on KFI.
Speaker 3: Well, two animal stories and one kind of animal story. The first animal story is a Delta Airlines flight twice delayed over the weekend because pigeons were on board.
Speaker 1: Why were pigeons allowed on board? Great question, no idea how they got on there.
Speaker 3: They said that the flight was delayed fifty six minutes and they do appreciate the careful actions of the people and the customers to remove two birds from the aircraft prior to departure and apologize to everybody for the delay in travel. The pilot gets on the mic, confirms there's a pigeon on the plane and says, I've never had to do this before. So the baggage handlers come on board and then carry the pigeon off. But as they taxi away, they realized there was a second pigeon on board. And there's a video of a guy who throws his jacket up or sweatshirt or something like that to try to catch the pigeon as it's flying down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Who was able to get him.
Speaker 3: The bird was also removed alive and well by another baggage handler.
Speaker 2: What are we doing that were just allowing pigeons?
Speaker 1: I think they got in. It's not like someone carried pigeons on board.
Speaker 2: How do we not know that there's pigeons on board at that part through the whole boarding process and everything.
Speaker 3: Then Delta flight, another Delta flight had to be diverted en route from Detroit to la had to make its way to Minneapolis because a dog got sick and apparently was so sick that a vet that was on board said, yeah, we need immediate help. So they diverted this flight to Minyi Apps Bliss about a two and a half hour delay as that two and a half are sorry, as that dog was taken off and taken care of, at least according to the pilot. Which is funny because that pigeon flight was a Delta flight. This is a Delta flight. Delta is very on time, Yes, the most on time US carrier. Eighty three percent of their flights land by their arrival.
Speaker 1: It's a nice experience on Delta, I gotta say.
Speaker 2: I mean, they do the charter flights for the chargers, so I love the flight attendant crew there that we worked with for years. But we just took a Delta flight and United stark difference, I will say that anyway. My favorite tear in the sky story is a female passenger and her story. She has been charged with child abuse for attacking a child. Why Well, this was a flight home from Disney World and the child called her fat and miss piggy, to which I.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, you gotta slap that kid. Gotta slap that kid. Well, she did more than just slap him. She punched him.
Speaker 3: She hit him with a water bottle and then slammed the boy's head into the airplane windows. If he's trying to blocker, maybe too far. The pilot called police for help, Police said the child. She told police that the child was very rude and disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Now I should mention that they were together. Yes, don't know what the relationship is, but they were flying together and the kid was being disrespectful, and she was disciplining the child the way she sees feet sees fit and it was on a flight, which was a problem. But you know what, that kid needed some discipline, I would argue.
Speaker 1: Maybe not hit in the face with a bottle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's gonna call you fat and miss piggy in front of other people.
Speaker 3: And then finally United Airlines flight to San Francisco from Costa Rica had to be delayed. Guy's The pilots flew this thing in circles around the Bay area because they were evaluating a possible maintenance issue.
Speaker 2: Nothing like a maintenance issue to get you to circle around for an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: And what do you tell them, Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Think that we end the plane is broken, so we're just going to keep it up here for an extra hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Plays gentlemen from the flight Texas as Captain Joe speaking, And just so you know, we have a light that has gone on here in the cockpit and my co pilot has tried to tap it many times, tried to flip it on and off a couple of times, and we can't quite get that thing to go out. So we're just gonna We're just gonna fly around here beautiful San Francisco Bay area and get this thing to just burn out.
Speaker 2: We're going to roll the dice and see if the plane falls out of the sky or not. I don't know, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: This may be the last ninety minutes of your life, so enjoy your loved ones the way you can