Speaker 1: Hey, good evening. Welcome to another money space with me calu Aja. Of course, on this space, we're talking to the economy, we're talking finance panel finance, and of course we're talking about investing. And what's a great investment topic we have today. Education. If you don't know, education is the only investment that you can make that you guaranteed a return in some cases more than one hundred percent. If you're not educated, and you get educated across the world, your incomes will increase, your world, you will improve and your future and its power essentially goes up. So for education, you don't play with it like it's really really gonna be something that you can do and you can improve your skill at any level. So this is a great, great, great, great great top paper to have today just to talk around education, how we can fund it local for education. And we've got great guests here today us that's gonna help us navigate this topic, right. So you know way QSQS is a is a co host, it's gonna add the folks that are gonna talk to us today and we're gonna try to do this as well. And then we're just gonna start right and see how this will play into even the tax conversations like just a having Nis are waking up in twenty twenty seven or two twenty six and understanding that you've got to start to pay taxes. Right, there's going to be lots of taxes that are going to be paid on incomes that are going to be earned. There are also lots of deductions that are going to be available to Nigerian families. So I question you want to ask yourself is if you want to go abroader study, which is very very legitimate, how can you structure your balance sheet, your incomes and also your tax set up so you can still have afford to go and still any benefits that you can get who can partner with you in the stryga essentially that allow you to then you know, get this done. That'sessentially what's want to do. So because I'm relying you to add your folks US writer speakers, fantastic and then we'll just sort of get the topic going. But I just want to just lay out as it's where a bit of financial plan and education for those that are listening. So if you've been a regular gifts on that shoe, we're talking around how you can use the structure of Nagia has present to plan out your future. Right, how can you write out your assets, your liabilities, your income and expenses. Is such a mana that you can specify a target investment or target savings so advocated using your retirement in its account only your insurance amount that you're being insurance so that you're pining for an insurance as a way to do target savings. So what are target savings? You have a daughter, you have children, you have worlds. You want them to go to Harvard in say fifteen years. How can you save today that in fifteen years you've got those funds available to fund that interaction. That's what's talking about today. A good way you can do that in Nigeria today is not to write a will which can be challenged and all that kind of stuff. Is to try to write a trust agreement. Right, So you go to a lawyer, you draw up a trust and you say, I am the grant or distrust, which means I'm the maker. I'm the one making the trust. This trust means that my assets know that owned by myself, they're now owned by the trust. I'll be a trustee. I would enjoy the process of this trust. As I'm alive. Should I pass away, I want the total funds in my trust to go towards the education of my kids. You write that in there, and it's also testament. You would mean even if you're not there, they have to follow what's in the trust to go to the education of my kids. Where my kids are educated, give them a salary, and there's any money left over, take that money and give to my favorite charity. You can give them to Chelsea or ask Noal Football club. But you're writing something that you are not there and will be obeyed. You're gonna have trustees. It can be if you're trust is like your friends, but I prefer corporate trust you because corporates, you know, you don't know them in quote, but they weren't carry out your authority even when you're not there. So you then look for an asset that you're doing not put in that trust, and that asset is gonna fund your education of those kids. So if I have to wortrae kids for instance, right, I could say, Hey, I'm gonna do a trust. These kids are gonna be taking care of in the trust. If I pass away the trust that my assets goes to my trust, and my trust pays for the education of this kid. You can even put a live insurance policy. You can buy life trust policy and you can make your trust the beneficiary of your bl like policy. Not you to trust anything happens to you, The insurance company pays the trust. The trust then uses your life policy to then educate your kids. The very simple way of doing this. Why trust, Because they're gonna go to probate. It's not only your money. It's not gonna go to private credit and find the beneficiaries. Right, it's easier to do it's less. You can't go and challenge a trusting court, so you can't have your neighbor, your brothers you come to say, oh want challenge is this? This will because the trust right the legal docment set of well when you didn't know that very simple easy way for you to manage that transition process. So look at the tax laws that have in past. Now, right, what can we used to accomplish this distrust? If you look at the tax laws, they are saying that if you contributes money to your retirement savings account, that retirement savings account is any contuns you make are tax exempt. So now let's bring it back to today. I want to send my daughter to Habard in fifteen years. You're just born today. What do I do? I go to a finance guy. The finance guy tells me, listen, to send your daughter to Habard in fifteen years, do not cost you twenty million ERA every year or today whatever number he gives me. So what do I do? I go to my ARRASA, my PSP company, and I open up a retirement savings account and I make additional fluncial contributions to that account. When I make those contributions, they are in the account. I can take them off after five years, tax free five years. But depending happens to me, the returnatives account is going to be paid to my trust. So my trust is my beneficiary. They paid to my trust, and my trust they educate my kid in university. Simple. So use your arssy to accumulate the funds, and the funds go to your trust. If you're alive, that's fine, you take the money and use get your daughter. But if you're not alive, the trust does that. So this way we want to just introduce this whole topic of education. It's a long term asset, but look at the only asset that is guaranteed the return. So fantastic. We've got the QS folks in here, right, so do add who's gonna start? Who's gonna start with? I've got missus p actually gonna start and just walk us through what is QS and what you guys do, and that is PID want in yourself. And then oh just just just dropped off. Okay, okay, I'm gonna add you right back. So essentially we've got QS guys here and I hope they let me just make sure I have them all sets up here so that they can get back. And she just dropped off now as I called her, gonna make sure they're all sets of co hosts. Yep, there we go. Yep, so adding you fantastic. Yeah so yeah, So I'm want to seeing questions about the well I just talked about the rs and the trusts and the education, go back to that. But I just wanted to get yeah, miss Peach, but gonna allow QS toroduce themselves why they are here and why it is important for us. Right, So, miss Pier, I have you here. You want to go ahead and use yourself pulling a DOJ A psychologist counselor passionates to my TERI writer, food enters and stuff like that. Love to sing ahead, man, what's that?
Speaker 2: Hi? Everyone?
Speaker 1: Good evening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for having me, and thanks for having my colleagues as well.
Speaker 2: So I'm palling, as you've rightly said, so please bagon me this profersive bits old. I haven't been on X in a very long minute, so I'm even surprised to hear about myself.
Speaker 3: But I am currently an enrollment manager at QS Apply, So I'm a counselor basically in everything that leads to international street recruitment at QS do that apply.
Speaker 2: So that's basically who I am and it gain Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: See what is what is? Key question?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So QS is actually short Folk Occury one.
Speaker 2: Good luck trying to pronounce everything for Yeah.
Speaker 4: We started off as evening that the boards if ever.
Speaker 3: To check like how universities are around globally, QS would most likely come up, so you will see as KS world rankings. Now, because of the relationship that we're built with institutions globally, we've gone from not just providing them with data, We've now transitioned or evolved to include to the recruitment so university strusts to manage to match them to prospective students and match perspective students to the institutions that will feed them.
Speaker 2: So that's what we do.
Speaker 3: Essentially, we manage the ending process of studying abroad, from the process of application to the process of following up on your application, chases up onto visa application, things like that.
Speaker 2: So all of that, that's what we do. And our services are absolutely free if any. So yeah, how come they're free?
Speaker 1: Like this looks like a law looks a very very specialization that you guys do. How come it's free?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So they're free firstly because.
Speaker 2: Universities understand that.
Speaker 3: Trust is something that's important to here. So if we're able to become to students and they see that this process is completely taking off, they don't have to worry about financial commitments with regards.
Speaker 2: People are people are following into a lot of wrong hands. So it's like this is a trusted partner. You go to them the access to and then.
Speaker 4: We have a partnership that we'll cover for those services.
Speaker 2: So the benefit for us is that you make it to school.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that's why it's our sex is there freely. It doesn't mean that the students is not being too show.
Speaker 4: That all of that, but at least the process of starting to get in your visa.
Speaker 3: QS would you know give you their expand guidance after no charge.
Speaker 2: So that's that's what we do.
Speaker 1: And I'm sharing the power point plantation for QS that just about seventy seventy one universities ranking refer to QS thirty years experience in doing this a London based education fifty five million people see the QS platforms every year rely on your data. This is very very impressive. Good job guys. So if I was going to go to school in the UK, what would I do? How does QS would help me? I would go to QS and I get the ranking. I'll go to my university and then get that ranking, but it should referry into QS. How does the relationship play?
Speaker 4: Okay, So sometimes you might have an idea of where you want to study.
Speaker 2: And you know what it would entail.
Speaker 3: And sometimes you might be completely cloless and just coming to me and say I want to study in UK, but I don't know what I need to do.
Speaker 2: So the first thing I would do is.
Speaker 3: At least go to my counselor on time, go to the organization on time and see I want to say time up until the year.
Speaker 2: Ahead, so you can do from again head to anything.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't recommend anything less than six months. Yes, for example, if I wanted to study in the UTCA September, I would start having that conversation now because there are lots of finances involved.
Speaker 4: So first of all, your counselor would help you to know what do you want to study?
Speaker 3: Outfit are you for the cost that you want to study. They will help you to understand your the financial implications if you cannot device you or what's the next intach that you can be talk for. I guess you would have an idea of what the plan needs to be.
Speaker 2: And then it will help.
Speaker 3: You to go back to your drawing on and know how feasible it is for you.
Speaker 4: So again you cons will help you with finances. They will help you look through your documents.
Speaker 2: If you're maybe like.
Speaker 3: An agent the older or you harry that class, they will help you to narry, narrow down your alternatives, things like that.
Speaker 2: So that is what the Curios team will do for you.
Speaker 3: And then at each stage they will keep advising you. They'll say, Okay, now it's sometimes that your offer. Now it's time too was it? Now it's time to enjoy your proof of funes is counting ahead of yours.
Speaker 2: This applications in all these kinds of.
Speaker 1: Things, gotcha, let's get into that. I do know you are. I mean, you have the team that's supposed to beeak here added, so I pause, just find us to do all the questions on you. But just let's talk around the whole process of planning out edication. I've tried to lay out on my own end using at the tax laws have in past, using your RST, how would you lay out the financial plan for that your family where twenty five years old, we just got married. We want that you had to go to university. Have brought in twenty years because that's a long term plan. How would you advise that the family, Knight, you have plans to help this education are sped.
Speaker 6: Okay, first thing, first, twenty years a good time, It's lots of good time. But the first thing I would advise, I mean, looking at everything we've been through as a country in the past few years, I would say, seen before the currency m you know, well, I believe that sounds patriarchy, old boy, it makes.
Speaker 1: It makes sense because I always tell the one to space. You say it in the currency that you are spending in, right. So if you're able to say, tend to send your kids to school in the UK, you want to see in powers or euros, right, because that's just you will remove that exchange rate risk. And again let's let's come back to this new tax a more that has been passed. If you take nayra and you invest in a foreign owned outlets, may be a rental or bond or stock. The boy is saying that if the currency do them to come back to Nigeria in foreign currency, you don't be taxed. But in this instance, I'm sure if they're gonna be in the currency back when it comes back to Nigeria, you're not going to pay tax. But in senstance, you're saying, seeing the currency of the school you're going to dusson I'm here.
Speaker 3: And you say yes, saving that currency. It's also a way to come back to intuition.
Speaker 4: I mean, I willn't say I'll be able to financially expect, but I speaking based on the experience.
Speaker 2: For example, as Jude twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Imagine one week, so many weeks up and there's about.
Speaker 4: Six hundred and as a students, you feel like, oh, I have all my money in check micro for FUMS is counting.
Speaker 2: For my visa.
Speaker 1: And then the following d.
Speaker 4: By June twelve windows and over happened, you know.
Speaker 2: By that week. By the following week, exchange rates carockets too. Should I say two thousand pounds nine? I don't know how quickuld went bold.
Speaker 3: Everything that people thought they had was devalued overnight, just by.
Speaker 2: One policy or by one situation.
Speaker 3: So I'm just saying, if you know that you want to study abroad, like this is what you have planned for your child, then you really should save in that currency need to combat inflation. And you know, I mean it's something that brings you interest as well.
Speaker 4: There are lots of things you can invest in now that you know with little resource. Over time, it builds up, you know, it build up for whether it's for accommodition, whether it's or they're living expenses, travel, all those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: So twenty is is very good time. That's just what I'm trying to see. But I would said the.
Speaker 4: Number one thing, the fundamental thing we'll need to say at least in that currency just to combatication.
Speaker 1: Yes, in that currency that I want to go to. So that's one. How else to like what else? Just go ahead?
Speaker 2: So again having information to knowing. So the truth is in twenty years, a lot of things I want to change in this industry. Things change every every intach. So for example, now.
Speaker 4: I don't expect you to know becausisions in the industry, but we've had a very rough journey where this says in the UK are taking longer than the NOR money would So I thinking that can happen between now and twenty years.
Speaker 2: But I think if your finances are in checked, that's one thing less to worry about.
Speaker 3: So have money to base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there lots of investments. Say that if you don't have money today and you start to see, you're making it better for yourself. And again if you were in your broad they have lots of edicated accounts like five two nine where you can put money aside and that money is invested for you task free for education, specifically for education Nigeria. We don't have it. So the one investment, like I go back to the street anything this account that's the one investment. I think that you can use and feedback as an educational account because any money you put in there, if you're going to Donyra, it's tax extents, right. And if you're going to do a broaduct like you're recommended Google broad, look for a foreign mutual fund or a foreign income based fund that's gonna pay the diffidence. Put your money in there, let it grow as the child is growing, so that the process of compounding allows that money to grow that when the child is holder, it's not much easier for him. Completely agree. Absolutely, So you're talking again about the So we've got Michelle here as well. Michelle. Yeah, So I was gonna does Michelle having to add on to this planal? Do you want to continue?
Speaker 4: Michelle straight and I think we might need to refresh the question for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, him, Michelle, Thank you, Michelle. We've been talking about what QS is, We've talked about what QS does. We're I'm talking about how to plan out I want to send my kids abroad and say twenty years or ten years long term plan? What is the process? What's the suspends that listen, the first thing you want to use, you'll just have a long term savings mindset, take the money aside, how to put it aside for the for the earnings to earn dip then that would then be for education. So its then to how I can plan in Nigeria to educate my kids abroad or Nigeria and its being foreign currency. What are the best practices that we can adopt.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much and I apologize again for joining really.
Speaker 2: On the topic of planning ahead. I think.
Speaker 7: What's polymos succeed actually goes in line.
Speaker 2: But just so happly to in Nigeria.
Speaker 7: Yes, we do have the culture or I believe this space is for Nigeria right for West Africa.
Speaker 2: I believe in Nigeria we don't.
Speaker 7: Have that culture where parents tend to start up phones for successfully for education. And just a few people are quite informed that that actually happens in Nigeria. Board it's enforced and people feel like when they keep out phones. May be true in insurance accountries and all that, it's it's really response is actually the best way to go about it, because in the worst world, that's.
Speaker 2: What people do.
Speaker 7: You start out little amount monthly, you just put it, put it in there and forget about it.
Speaker 5: It looks like you've forgotten about it.
Speaker 7: But over time it's a cruise interest that would stand out when you stand for the child to go to college and study anywhere, and then the interest rates.
Speaker 2: Keep going off for you. I think there are.
Speaker 7: Certain things like that in Nigeria for some specific insurance companies.
Speaker 5: I think while I was back in Nigeria, I had that.
Speaker 2: Educational savings.
Speaker 7: I think it's a trust fund something that I was doing and the money grew.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so, but it's just a lot.
Speaker 5: Of us are not in form but that's.
Speaker 7: Actually the best way to go about it. We have the culture of oh, I want to go to school, and when you want to go to school that you start looking for money. But usually if you've saved out something, it's just schools in long way, so long time saving plan. It's really good for if the parents have plans to send their kids abroad.
Speaker 5: Even if the money is there and enough.
Speaker 7: At the time, it's still good to have that coach. I mean, we never know what happens tomorrow and how further money can go. So that's which I can add on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's go. Do you have any other point again, we're talked about being in forest? What else? How over the next step down.
Speaker 2: Before, I think we've covered.
Speaker 3: In terms of finances, so we've sent to saving in foreign currency.
Speaker 2: We've said interesting in a fund that will grow over time, and I think I've mentioned twenty years is a long time. So if you have your plans and you're consistent of thine years, I think that you know reading right track?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you how dog? How how do they continue students? How do they the best present that they do there that we can copy here? Don't care?
Speaker 2: I think I can come in on that one.
Speaker 7: So here in Canada they do what they call it's ourly SB, more like reserve Educational fund savings for studies. We say here they are of advantage, or in Canada they are of advantage because the government also pays the children. So most parents is easy for them to say it because as soon as the the money called the children's account, some of them tend to use it or remove some and save it.
Speaker 2: Then over time the.
Speaker 7: Interest crews and when the kid is ready to go for college, it's just easy.
Speaker 2: So it's a normal.
Speaker 7: Practice here in Canada for parents who are wise enough to say for their kids. Sometimes over ten years, fifteen years, and the money is in not to cover for the entire duration of the child's study twenty years or four years. So the Nigeria's system probably adults the same kind of thing, maybe not necessarily paying the other age or the children as they were doing. Kinadabout if the parents can also you know personally, because it's not the government that Mindy's parents to save. There is an option for that, it's optional parents. Some parents don't save that money when it comes, they use it for their list of for some parents take our phones from them. So I will feel that if we wait for the government in Nigeria, this will never happen. Well, I'll just say that parents should just have the culture of taking out something from what the end or profit make from their businesses or something and just take it out besides the school fee the pay and take it out to see this is for future my child's future education. It will go along with it's talking about the saving culture. Why you know that's some think that is actually interest for you, not like saving in the Pantress's almost useless.
Speaker 5: Sometimes, but they are.
Speaker 7: I feel like there's so many options that people can tend to invest in on a long term.
Speaker 5: Business to help them.
Speaker 7: I mean if we can't before they got me into doing things from things.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter when if I'm going to do the way I say to go to South Africa matter it's conscious to work. Does this change how productive saves? I do change much.
Speaker 2: But just as you said that if somebody is.
Speaker 7: Going to be a different destination, what was for them may be different from other destinations, but it was still going back to whatever.
Speaker 2: Is each old when you're especially enough to help.
Speaker 7: You pay, as we discovered, and the destination child goes to study and I was then to work ours spele week that can only go for daily expenses to nothing close to pay intuition. So intuition is out of the way, then that can be a bite for you that's working a few hours, because I think for most countries, if a child is paying for undergrad busy, you're only at work around twenty hours per week and twenty years, so twenty yards per month.
Speaker 2: Right probably is it per week or a month fair week.
Speaker 7: Per week, so that breaks it down, so maybe three hours in a week or it's three years may day, so it's usually not enough to go anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Did call of mistakes. I mean, like this is a white topic because I don't know where my child's because the school in eighteen years. But what shouldn't I do? I know what I'm hearing you guys say a plan, I head plan long term investments in foreign currency. They think about that compounds. Why shouldn't I do one of the things I should not do?
Speaker 2: Things you shouldn't do as now.
Speaker 1: Given like a common mistake you think people are making that actually I won't send their kids abroad? What mistakes do you think they are making that if they know now they should not do.
Speaker 7: Still going back on saving saving a end of the time most times because that we have enough money and in the next ten years our wealth will still be on the same level or into a groom, or sometimes life happens and then when you're bready to send your child abroad, there's no money and they start looking for where to grow from. Or when you have these savings ahead of time, nothing shapes you. Then you drop given the fish in fishing, in country, drugs or if it happens, the fact that already have this saving, it's not like people, it's a covering for you. So they still stand on that having no time saving culture and the clouds that you probably don't have an ethen or or something. It just just keep the money there. You know here we don't go to the band to drop the funds. It just goes out of account monthly. Whatever it is you're doing to eair for you to say when you don't put it in a culture where you have to go pulling the one set to your accounts in such a way as soon as the ten of the mons or the day of the month, getting the deduction thus goes from the account.
Speaker 2: Is make it easy for.
Speaker 7: Sometimes see those reductions actually is very discomforting.
Speaker 5: But when you know that you're planning for loans and commitments, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like it goes alonge me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's they're watching agains. They said you were talking about educationals and investment and return investments and all that I have shared on Twitter and also that you guys on YouTube. Has a lot of visuals we have from qs there's a bark or the QR code and put their shed on Twitter as well. You can just scan that back code has a list of the ap next you shots about found twenty two here from schools in Australia. To Cyprus, to France, to Singapore, to Switzerland and to oust Beckistan. The biggest I see here at the United States about wondering not with UQK and eleven one fourteen US one hundred and four, so anally, like you were talking about earlier, the US has certain investments, they do grants, they do five two nines and five two nights, and like a way to say, all the US states have it. So I allow you to buy tuition ahead of time, so you can buy the tuition in twenty years today. So we'll allow you to save tax free, and you can move the money from one child to the other child and all that. So we literally have that in Nigeria. Maybe we missed that with the new tax reforms have put something that I would encourage families to say, specifically towards education. But again my question is again when families are planning for the nations, now, what factors also should they focus on? Is it just the savings or all this conscious here? If I don't read about Czech Republic, why should I look at Czech Republic? I think you can give me. Do I have to have the family structure in Czech Republic? Do I look at the ends for Czech graduates when they leave school.
Speaker 2: What is my thinking?
Speaker 1: If I don't want to go to the UK and the US, which I think everyone wants to go to, how do how do I approach this?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I can speak a little bit on this. The truth is when people choose to study abroad and relocate to their families, we have a vision, right, I left in the.
Speaker 3: Past, left once practice happened because they wanted to remain in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's a strong organization, strong body that governs Europe and usually if you're in one part of the EU, it's easier to transition into another part of the EU. Right, Let's think about strong passports, all those kind of things, and countries without borders.
Speaker 2: Basically, so for some people they just want that, Yeah, they want that access.
Speaker 3: Yes, access, that's the world that we use. So sometimes things like lower costs because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the UK is expensive.
Speaker 3: But the truth about it is when you look to study abroad, you have to think about every country has pros and cons. So for us in Nigeria that have English as an official language, we don't have to worry about learning a new language with alphabets that we're not sure of.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a lot of work, and not everyone really want to do that. Some people just want to go take place as English speaking, because relocating in itself is not easy.
Speaker 4: So having to worry less about one thing, you know, is something that people look forward to.
Speaker 2: So that's why the UK always comes up. But if you're relocated yourself, if your wants study I brought by.
Speaker 4: Yourself, it's already expensive. If you're wearing with dependence, you will be expected to show even more money per dependent. So first of all, you need to be able to prove it you can a fond to take care of yourself for a couple of months.
Speaker 2: So for example, Ireland would require you to have money. So if hoever a master's program, they would require you to have money for a whole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're too shown your living expenses and that money needs to be in your account for say about six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so are you able to leave.
Speaker 4: That amount of money untouched for at least six months and then a factor in another like two months.
Speaker 2: For what do you call it? For getting your visa decision? Because visa decision sixty eight weeks, so that's almost it's to nine months of just reading. Yeah, you know with the money on touch, can you afford it?
Speaker 4: Then if you're going in dependent because so for Ireland is supposed out there. Ireland does not allow dependents to leave your way for APHD. So other countries might allow you to go for go to your dependence, but some countries will say go first, then after you settle.
Speaker 2: For a bid and they can allow you to apply for independence. So I think are the things that you're concelone you reach out to humans will talk to you about. Yeah, so these are things are we have sent a.
Speaker 4: Conversations by the time people who have these conversations with their accountent but still realize that oh they are.
Speaker 2: Not really able to do that.
Speaker 4: So for example, a country like New Zealand would say you have to pay all your utition up front before you leave. On come, we don't want as payments, you know, so looking has forty thousand news in Landers?
Speaker 2: Are you paid on the front to understand?
Speaker 4: So these are the concerns that you can allow as payments. And they're also very fair in how long the money needs to be in your account, which is just went to eighties and that's why it was a destination so yes, it's expensive, but they make up for it in decisions.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like it because everything we start to talk about family and now I want to bring my family in after that fact of what my wife do? What would I do if I'm just single? Can I speak English? If I get the passport? Or I am getting to you can move across borders, opportunities, lots more questions just start to flow in my head.
Speaker 2: But just going to school it's a lot more exactly. So yeah, just to have to b get the question correctly.
Speaker 7: What parents should mostly consider Besides these tuition because in many cases families plan for school FeAs.
Speaker 2: Only and get shots later, there are things.
Speaker 7: To consider like accommodation, feeding, transport, insurance, maybe books, winter clothing is depending on the destination and this are travel cost.
Speaker 2: Then another thing is work rights. They are different work.
Speaker 7: Rights for different destinations, so parents, so people should consider how many US is my child allowed to walk for a week, and having in mind that you're still distressed before the world because most people are always interested in countries that allows.
Speaker 2: Them work full time whilst you want to study full time.
Speaker 7: So those are all the key things as well to look at how many hours per week?
Speaker 2: Can they work during the holidays? Who?
Speaker 7: This affects the amounts of money I'm supposed to give them for pocket money ability?
Speaker 2: What abilities they have to support.
Speaker 7: Themselves whilst they are working in these hours they are permitted to work. Another thing to also look at is post study work opportunities when people want to study. And that's why a lot of people like to go back or you keep back then when they used to allow the.
Speaker 2: Oortunities for just give me second, my background is very nice. Got you.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I think I can add to that.
Speaker 4: You know how she talked about like working twenty.
Speaker 2: Hours a week, right, A lot of times people ask me can I walk? Twenty hours? Is not a long time to work.
Speaker 4: The truth is the average work hour or work days about these hours.
Speaker 2: So you're likely to not even find a job of our lives not ten hours on the.
Speaker 4: Spots, So you might end up realistically just working sixteen hours a week for most countries, which is maybe at the Saturday as low towards that days.
Speaker 2: In the week. Let me use your example most if you're fam and a.
Speaker 4: Module, So the module is what we call in MANDE in cost units, a module is twenty twenty credits. Ideally you are expected to study at one hundred hours.
Speaker 2: For each court you need, as you're expected to do the time got into personal reading names all the expect to spend at least two hundred hours. So imagine you're doing sixty court units per seinster.
Speaker 1: That's costumes.
Speaker 2: So what do you multification?
Speaker 3: How many hours?
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you might not gonna have the twenty hours to work.
Speaker 1: What I'm hearing in some should not be an option to find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's like you might get the past to prioritize your studies because that's what.
Speaker 2: You're there for, primarily to get that right.
Speaker 7: And you don't want a situation really, but that's your.
Speaker 4: Future because in places like you don't pass your studies, like you not pass what you went there for in the first place, you're already injured the chance of getting a prospective based on your performance. Yeah, so you really want to ensure what you've gone therefore you're able to achieve it, you know, and the money you're making from.
Speaker 2: The twenty hours a week really might not be enough because an average job in the UK is I think about.
Speaker 4: Forty hours a week forty to sixty hours, Yes, forty sixty hours. So I also want to correct the impression that you're not going to be able to work up doing Quali days when you're institutions on hold a full time because the weather it is, You're going to be mostly on term time till you're graduates and then you can now start working full time.
Speaker 2: Or we're just saying that you will as your counselor who would rather you go prepared? Yeah, yeah, that they meet any surprises.
Speaker 1: So both of you. This is a good segue to now ask are the cheaper alternity that may be Africans are over looking? Is there's somewhere that we can go to that and get more bang for an Ira that normal is talking Aboutible must go to the UK and the US from the chat I'm seeing here, but at their places, you think that if I have fight on Ira, I can get the same quote, education, same access from your experiences any place like that or business like that.
Speaker 2: And many be very frank and very fair with the way our Nerror is right now and familion is not a lot only combat to dollars.
Speaker 4: And then every country has against their pros and cons that have said some countries are cheaper.
Speaker 3: But the longer I mean, for example, it can be with long Germany. Germany has long wit dates. So what your you know, you think you're saving money spending in terms of life fifty fifty, your chance might be fifty fifty in that location. For you chance is a bit higher Canada not as high as you keep, at least higher than some.
Speaker 4: Destinations in Europe if I'm going there with UI is another option where that's coming on quite a lost A.
Speaker 2: Lots of universities are opening up brand campuses in the UA, so some mutate universities are living there.
Speaker 4: Some Australian universities also moving campuses there because it's easier to force students to get into and it's not.
Speaker 3: As expensive as their main campuses like in Australia.
Speaker 2: The policies are not as straightens if I do say to the only thing is.
Speaker 3: Personally might look different in UI than in Australia or in Uti. So at the end of they not have to just see, okay, can I start off in one destination and maybe transition to another destination.
Speaker 2: You understand sometimes and go to Australia absolutely so some people go to the really it's are if you're trying to build a career.
Speaker 4: It's good and the children will not be as expensive as Australia.
Speaker 2: And then you know, with time you can you know, view the financially obviously the the rates in terms of like quarantine would be.
Speaker 4: Better than Naira currently and then try transition to Australia at the.
Speaker 2: Long term or work even under that. I mean the time is to take you together an era you would have gathered, you know, in their old quarity and it'll probably be faster for you. So these are just questions. Again, being abroad is a huge step, right, it's it, bess it can, it's comforting. It's a huge sacrifice for lots of people.
Speaker 3: So don't expect that everything will be smooth seale, but at least.
Speaker 2: With good and expert guidance you would.
Speaker 3: At least like how you will not walk thuty low And that's where cures comes in.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. So like, so, if I'm more students or parents listening to the space, guys want lege, you guys ask questions. Now listen to the space. What should I do right now? No, how can I start planning properly? I don't know Q westarts here? And what do I start to do from tomorrow.
Speaker 4: If I have this plan from tomorrow, reach out to us, you know, send us a message, tell us where you are, what you're interested in, let us talk to you, and then you can take that back to your drawing board and see, you know what works best.
Speaker 2: So I think that's the first thing. I have a conversation with us, and then let us take it up with you from there.
Speaker 1: All right, fantasy, And I'm going to share also the contact information that you guys have shared, the QR code in case folks who want to talk to you, they can just reach out to you most easy, easily. I'm going to add a few speakers here. I'm sure they have most of the questions, and I'm just for the hosts. So we've got progress coming up of also, got Tobo, Carol, If I could say that, right, Tobo, I'm gonna write always curious tuber query is that I set up probably two b o K yeah, tub ok two o K your first life got progress two OK? If it's on mute in your ahead, All right, let's get the progress progress. Do you want to hop in billionaire? An'mally stuff like that? First to predate elon Moscow be a trillionion interesting progress you only go ahead, yo, don't speak at once. I'm not hearing you guys speak, mister tub you got on mute. Yeah, I'm not sure what's gonna So just come back to what is you next? You said getting talked? Contact with you again. I'm going to share the link to contact QS Africa even speak to them. I already share the QR code. They can click the QR code they can just to talk a lot about them on YouTube. I'm sharing all their slide so you can see exactly what they do, all the university work, with their rankings and all that. Lots of rich information there. Let me see pray progress and too. But you guys are muted. You want to unmute and you want to speak. Okay, I have a question for you on DM I know who can who can take this one? Also? Hello, I got an admission to go to the UK both not I wasn't able to get funding and I wasn't able to take the opportunity last year. What do you advise I do this year? Do I write to the same university and explain I can't have funding or do I just start the process all over? It will this affects me if I try to apply because I did not take up girls admission and what's what was where she applied? But what would your advice be shown? What should she apply to the same institutional signation make out against you in your admission together?
Speaker 3: Okay, so surely it would have account things happen and universities understand.
Speaker 2: We need to see if one this.
Speaker 4: Is an admission that can be deferred, if you can be deferred reapp like and if you reach out to us, shouldn't be a problem. And if you're any best at financial state and think that you can walk differently this time, we're mother happy to help you.
Speaker 2: You just reach out to me with the number and would respond.
Speaker 1: That's a good question is do you know of any investments where I can put naira in and I can secure off I can pay for education tuition outside nature? Just saying from your experience, do you know of any recommendations you can make for an investments that I can put snira in and I can pay for fundication some like piggy persts? Do you have anything like that from your own experience about bob laies.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I do know that.
Speaker 1: Efforts so I think people are asking like they want to know, like you mentioned, you know, like they want to know whether so they can go look like from your experiences that you can mention it. That's fine, I don't. I'll just put the caveat for you do your own due diligence. They're not making they're not making a recommendation. They basically say this is what they've had, So it's left for you to do your due diligence and make sure that what're saying it's in the language, your risk object is right. So yeah, if you have.
Speaker 8: Anything, absolutely So I know people have talked about bamboo and the multiple platforms bambo and then personally, I use rice and be something that.
Speaker 2: Has worked for me to give your due diligence or.
Speaker 3: I'd like to have been consistent about a year now. So I've been seeing my money grow up, so that's good.
Speaker 2: And the company is very grative. So I think I like that because it gives me be so mine.
Speaker 3: Because you know, there's more you were talking about. So yes, I don't know if you sure has any issue would like.
Speaker 4: To share, I don't.
Speaker 2: If I do, I don't think i'd like to share that year.
Speaker 5: But there is an investment that accounts for those.
Speaker 2: That want to study in Canada.
Speaker 5: There's an investment that account you can open as a student.
Speaker 2: So when you get an.
Speaker 7: Offer, you pay your tradition first, because paying your tuition sekres the fact that why you're truly coming to Canada.
Speaker 2: So you'll be from the tuition. If you be giving a chance, you'll be given like an account number.
Speaker 5: You're a commercial bank here in kind of that's so you from their hounds.
Speaker 7: With the rest of the money that you may be needing for your spa, then Canada will give you the percentage of the money and the rest will be shared across the.
Speaker 2: Duration of your studying.
Speaker 7: This for one year, it's for two years, so I think that's the same form of investments that also helps secure your visa chances as well.
Speaker 5: A lot of people use that adding for those that want to study in Canada.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't like to say too much because.
Speaker 5: I don't want it to sound like I'm advertising.
Speaker 7: A lot of our cims that when you speak to us, I learned to get to you know, advise.
Speaker 2: You or the choice to choose to go.
Speaker 1: So these are like only Canadians can do this or prospectives that I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: It's just for students who want to study in Canada.
Speaker 1: Well, I do know that in the US we have five to night and I think to get the five to nine account, you have to have a social secrety number. So if your child has a US social STID number, you don't want to leave that follow You want to try to open like the First Lives, you open an account in the US and start to save money. They have structures that you can put the money in. Its tax exempt for the child and the child's name. And the goal thing is that now if a mini of the laws, if the child gets a scholarship and it's unable to use the front of the account, you can transfer to a different child, or you can put in your own retirement account, or you can even talk about it. You can take it away and maybe pay the penalties, but it might as well going to just go to waste. So if your child is a US social state number, make sure that you're investing for that child when there are still baby still waits, like you said, when they get to old, because you're losing that compounding advantage that you would have gotten. You're investing for the trues. So we'll make sure you do that as well. So let me just see so and again, I have pinned a particular tweet from QS that would basically show you just the contact information and all that I raise their in case you want to reach out to them. There's some start they said here. I didn't really think about that. I just going to school. Was the name of the school and the financing. I hear access, I hear post work access, I hear family. I wouldn't have thought about this just the way of explained this and act that you might be cheap and have to go to UAE that are going to go to us with that might be. So it's not just the costs, it's really about the whole patchwork, the whole frame Ectrilicitively, I'm going to leave my country where I'm quote unquote comfortable, to a new place. I've got to be secure for this.
Speaker 2: That look at that thing.
Speaker 1: So I think that's some of my key takeaway from this. Michell, do you have anything you want to add? I want also bring in Harrison to sort of give us another view. Michell, do you have anything you want to add? I think might be having issues. We're having forum to speak, we have to speakers and they could not be so certainly am they're not able to add themselves to the space to speak. You can try and try to unmute you and let's see if you can speak Otherwise. We do have some deals which are going back and read foot both of you specific and su permission any other think who might have missed in our concession you want to speak.
Speaker 7: About Okay, I would just like to that working with us CLOUS is really going to make the.
Speaker 5: Entire process give us for you, because that's what we are trying to do.
Speaker 2: Ensure that we are thinking.
Speaker 7: More of humans as the students, parents, the expert skills in the industry. Some of us are being able to industry for at times being as above and besides the fact that we help with the ens requitment. Cillous is a no brand for activities Internet aftivities that we do as an organization and then a streamline process be there and then recommend that we do.
Speaker 2: So I'm just putting it out there. I mean, we try to advertise other brands. I really want to advertise my.
Speaker 7: Brand, but working with CUSS, it's going to give you a similar journey. It's going to make everything clean for you from scratch up on to your child gets to enroll in school. All you as a students get to find a proper destination. And it also helps that we have a certain We work with different institutions in different countries, different destinations and everybody is willing give proper guidians need. So whilst we're still.
Speaker 2: On this live session, I think you should take the contacts that are being shared to ensure.
Speaker 7: That we give you the seamless services. I mean why not as services are free. So it's a good thing to reputable organization whose who give you top launch and three senses at the.
Speaker 1: Same time, like you have mission not Director of Africa. Correct fantastic? I like Welter that out for us advertising cure. Just a question for Michell When should I contact you? Is it when I decide when should I contraver? It be time I have a child? Is it when I want to go to school five ers before school? Or when do I come? When's it best time to come to you?
Speaker 7: To qus any time, any time because you want to get to know what to do before you are ready. Contact as soon as you start thinking about to show yourself, your child out day. The child still has about two years or three years to be the key to contact us just to know how that's to get prepared.
Speaker 1: So anytimes work for Fantastic. Let me get pulling high again. What are your closing were? What are the best practice When I'm we missed out?
Speaker 2: Go for it? Okay, just to read I said, I'll say that free. So you're looking to lose when you think about it.
Speaker 3: I love that advice even if you just want to have an idea or I'm more than happy to have a conversation with you.
Speaker 2: And we're open Monayster Fridays. If you're in a bouja, we have an office and we'll say to please feel free to drop. And we also have.
Speaker 4: Remote offices in if you know people in in Ghanda and Kenya and they because we have a remote team, we're basically closing enough to support you.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to see.
Speaker 1: Yes, Fantastic, I have two questions on DM if you get somewhere, I'm going to run through them. Number one, so I would like to apply. I've got two kids i'd let I would like to send them to school in Canada. I think think my funding is okay. I would like to talk to you just to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. Most of the things you are saying, I did not think about it. I just thought of Canada because that's where I can get Alisa. Is it too late? He's asking is it too late? I think he's especially saying he's already killing Canada and he come to you and this isn't that you can It's really change. And that's why I hear this question.
Speaker 2: Coming from again. Let's just have the conversation. Yes, yes, message.
Speaker 1: So that's him reached back to them. Your case might be just reach back to them and then see how they can help you. That the second one, yes, I'm not a student per se, but I'm interested in becoming a teacher of abroad. I'm not sure if you guys also provide a service. I'm just becoming a lecturer. What you said to that?
Speaker 4: Guys, So when when do you say teacher like just like like teaching English as a foreign language, things like.
Speaker 2: That, or.
Speaker 1: Become a lecturer in a foreign university.
Speaker 3: Is this a progress to becoming Because people actually like do PhDs.
Speaker 4: And research programs with the hope of transitioning into academia, so that might be abroad. I don't know if you can just if there's like a biside thing to just maybe evolved with such Applascha, but we don't do that.
Speaker 2: We're mostly study provider. So unless you're looking to like do.
Speaker 3: Three, unless you do like a research program and then sexually. I don't think there's any other unfortunateity like my.
Speaker 1: Kids to combat to Nigeria to do university in Nigeria. Is there anything you guys offered in that regards? Do you do you score niger universities only for in res a reverse one there they're want to come up Nigeria.
Speaker 2: Actually I would yeah, okay, but it's interesting one. Right.
Speaker 1: Do you guys get any.
Speaker 2: I've never inquiry. I have actually love to get it. I have.
Speaker 4: I've had parents and they want their children to go back to Nigria body and my usual.
Speaker 5: Vocal advice would be to check out for private university, especially if people want intelptions and.
Speaker 7: Yes study where these strikes, but doesn't help that, Eily.
Speaker 5: This is just my own personality and I'm giving and based on.
Speaker 7: Some Christians are still like that. In the past two parents, I seem what universities would do so as that.
Speaker 2: My kids go to Nigeria.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I usually look around the p's options.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you're looking for that, losing them on inter curly time for them. Yeah, this person is response to this response.
Speaker 1: I wanted to have the culture of Nigeria we came to kind of when they were very young. I fear that they would not have the culture of Nigeria. I wanted to company her for the culture. I'm not too interested in the quote unquote educational outcome of just the culture.
Speaker 2: Okay, totally get that.
Speaker 1: It's a welcome.
Speaker 2: It's a welcome. I don't want to do it because they don't really quote reach out to me help.
Speaker 1: So reach out to her. I mean they would have did they know this better than any of us, So I would just reach out to them. There's some good question for asking. Most of them ask about funding. I'm also asking how much would they pay? You hear them say it over and over it's free. I think they basically go and the Kitting school speak to them and then work with them. But they're basically saying it's a free servin saying one wants so that the poor are asking what is the cost of going to school? What's the cost now? So what I is asking, do I pay to them to the university? I don't think so that. I don't think you guys to receive the funds for Do you guys really see the funds for this con that mostly advisory? So yes, but they're not they're not selling the university. It's mostly advisory. And I think I shared the part point I did share on YouTube. Don't at least two three sides from the park point on Twitter. I will try to put that part point on it possible. But what I just share the last Twitter I just did, you don't inversity open up. You see lots of all their information, how to reach them and all that. Just take an advantage of that. Most of the question that asking about costing, asking about specific universities. Just reach out to them. And I not able to answer your question because it's too it's very very specific for exactly asking I had this course, I didn't complete it, and I want to work those questions. Just ask them. I podcast with the guest folks to speak on the space. But you guys have been here on the space and you have kept so far. Harrison, your not hope in Harrison's give a review of how the book can reach you.
Speaker 2: Or know.
Speaker 1: Okay, can hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay? Great?
Speaker 9: I think they because I've spoken very well. Thank you to everybody who has able to join in. So I have paining a link rant that for everybody who wants.
Speaker 1: To services either counseling, or you want to set up your apply or.
Speaker 2: You just have a general question that you want to ask.
Speaker 1: There's a link in there.
Speaker 10: Just click and then feuliful and then really would be the ones to reach out to you and follow up.
Speaker 1: And see how we can assist you and help your apply to.
Speaker 2: This university that you have in mind or whatever plan you have in mine.
Speaker 10: Also another option is for you just click on the Curious Africa account here.
Speaker 1: Just click on it and the gear my.
Speaker 11: DM is always important, So can you send a message and then we'll get to respond to you and would be able to assist you. So whatever I inquire you have now will not be able to outside here or may out further inquiries.
Speaker 2: Just send a game or just click the link.
Speaker 10: And we've also going to step father to find missus Peace. Her number is also there on one of the slides that we are something we see and then we have to be able to because the mentor is a kind of more to come as well, great help in terms that.
Speaker 2: You can't get in country. So just check before numbers there we are three weeks because the full numbers there.
Speaker 4: Our link is therefore field the form and also you can just send.
Speaker 2: It direct to any of us and we easily with you just for them to be.
Speaker 1: Don't fantastic. Yeah, so like you've got all their options. I mean go to them. There's a great service. I mean, if we have this, many of us hatings with that plan better and we cannot forget the whole idea of the space. The title of the space is educations among them assets, So it's I it's an asset you're going to invest in your children or yourself and they are going to become an asset. When you're educated, your ability to any more goals or and is guarantee. You know, there's a link between education and network. So in the end, this is an investment for you and the guys are basically going to be your finitial advices to hold your hand to navigate this very very complex because of choosing a school abroad funding it and you stay in there and gets in the best outcome. So let's take advantaage of that tool for benefit of what it entails. Qus. I can't think that's enough, Michelle, thank you guys so much for coming here. Paulin appreciate you guys speaking. You guys should do this more often. This is you guys are so smooth on this. So I do this more often, I think, And I love doing what I'm hearing. You know, you guys, you guys really did Richard. But I think it's a fantastic offering you guys have out there just telling people about even information that it's worth. Well, it's just so so fantastic. Yeah, So thank you so much for coming and I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: All Right, folks, so we're just wrap it up for the weekend. Next week we're going, of course go back again talking about the same issues the economy, of course, finance and of course investing. Again. Everyone is talking about taxes. Remember, taxes is after income. You've got to make that income fest before you can worry about types and what we bring. And guests like this is the whole idea is satistics to you look education well as a cost, put an investment, anything you put in in education, you read back and it's forever. No one can take away your What you have in between your ears, that's gonna be what's gonna power you. It's gonna be that passive income POTENTI that you have. Even when you retire, you can still do advice because you know stuff. So let's thank you guys for listening. I'll push you guys, and I'll see you guys here next week, same time, seven pm, worst Afican time when we have new guests to talk around these issues of money, the economy and of course finance. Thank you guys, love you and I'll see you next week. Brave a good bye