Speaker 1: Baby are my Gangster too? It takes a little tangle.
Speaker 2: You don't want.
Speaker 1: Mess with me, mess with me Baby my Gangster too, Baby gamester too.
Speaker 3: For good warnings, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality. Listener discretion is a vibe.
Speaker 4: Fellas, this ain't.
Speaker 5: My first time at the rodeo.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the occult Rejects. This episode, we got a couple of us here. We've got a special guest joining us tonight, very excited. We got Julia covering that, joining us to talk about gremlins. But before we get to everybody else. Before we get to Julia, let's introduce the other people.
Speaker 2: We got my boy, Headless Giant. What is going on, sir? How are you?
Speaker 7: How you doing? If you want to check me out, you can go over to YouTube, Instagram or Twitter Headless Giant Podcast. Look that up. And also, if you have any sort of a cult, sort of mysterious slash strange dream stories, send them to my email and we'll put those out on Thursday. Headless Giant Podcast at gmail dot com and that'll about do it.
Speaker 6: Thank you awesome, Thank you very much, sir. I appreciate you making it and my main Jules. How are you, sir? What is going on?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Guys? Yeah, I'm Jewles, host of the Great Pill podcast, The Mississippi Mystic. You know who I am. Haven't done in occult rejects here in a couple of weeks, I think, So it's it's good to be back, especially around the holidays. And it's good to see Doc here as well as Julia and you two gentlemen, Headless and Nick. So Happy Yule, Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas. And I'm looking forward to tonight.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, thank you very much, man, man, and we got Doc Brown in the house.
Speaker 2: What is going on, sir? How are you? Thank you very much for making it with this thing?
Speaker 8: No, man, thank you for inviting me. Man. It's just most of the time, with work and everything else, I can't make these things. So but now I have no excuse, guys. I'm officially full time now, so I'll have a lot more time to hang out with you guys. But Prometheus Limb's podcast anywhere you can consume content, you can find me there and look forward to hanging out and discussing some stuff with tonight. Let's get weird and green hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. Thank you sir. Hey we got Julia the Cosmic Peach. What is going on? How are you?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I'm excited for this one because it's one of my favorite Christmas movies and it is a Christmas movie, not Halloween. Okay, the whole fucking first beginning of this shit is Christmas music and Christmas trees, and it's definitely a Christmas movie. I know some people are like, oh, that's not a Christmas movie like Diehard. Did they put it in like the die Hard category? Yes, but it definitely is a Christmas movie. But I'm excited about tonight. Thanks for having.
Speaker 6: Me, of course, thank you. Uh yeah, I would always I would say I remember that even growing up that was like synonymous with Christmas. Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, I remember, like it was even like there's parts I remember all the snow in the fake town and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and what's her nuts? Phoebe Cats her dad died playing Santa Claus, remember, and she tells like this horrific story about him getting stuck in the chimney and his fucking corpse got stuck in there and was just like they were.
Speaker 5: Like, what's that smell? Did somebody leave eggs out?
Speaker 3: Now, it's just that I tried to go down for chimney.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he tried to go down the chimney like Santa, and he got stuck in there and that and literally the only reason that they figured that out is because this corpse started stinking in the chimney and they were like, Oh, somebody better go look at that. Uh yeah, oh it's Dad Hello, dead in the chimney.
Speaker 8: No town set up just like that. It was the identical one for Back to the Future.
Speaker 2: Was that right?
Speaker 5: It does look like that, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 4: It's almost identical to the downtown in Back to the Future.
Speaker 3: And I never thought about that.
Speaker 5: Well, there are.
Speaker 4: Plenty of conspiracies with Back to the Future, but this one in particular I thought was interesting because there are There's a there's one character he is kind of like the town crazy guy, and he's always talking about how there's they're listening to us, and there's Grimlins quote unquote in all of like the technology.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that, Nick, Yeah, I remember, I think I remember that guy. Yeah, he drives like a tractor.
Speaker 2: Ye, some ship, I remember that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a conspiracy theory guy and they're always like making fun of him and saying like, oh, it's Roger whatever the fuck his name is. But he literally he talks about how they're always listening to us, and they put like bugs in our houses and our TVs and our phones, and the reason he drives the tractors because he can't trust like foreign made vehicles. And literally he's the conspiracy theory guy in the movie. And uh, spoiler alert in case you haven't watched The Grimlins before, which if you haven't fucked you like.
Speaker 5: Who hasn't watched The Krimlins.
Speaker 4: But he dies and you know, but I just thought, you know, we could talk a little bit about it if you want, Nick, we could go around and just say when we first watched it or whatever. I was a little kid and it was nostalgic for me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, trying to think what did it actually come out? You remember, let me pull it.
Speaker 8: Up really quick, eighty eight or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've always kind of grouped in with movies like back, you know, Back to the Future, The Goonies. No, no, And just so everyone knows, this is the closest we could get to a Fridgian hat right now. But we will be working on models those for the Gray Pilled store.
Speaker 5: So I love it.
Speaker 3: Look never mind, I was about to start gripping stickers again.
Speaker 8: That guy he was dripping that tractor because he had four DUIs.
Speaker 6: No, No, I noticed the show because.
Speaker 4: They said that in the movie he had forty du eyes.
Speaker 8: No, I was just you know, being caddy. You know, he didn't need a license to tractor.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 4: He drove the tractor to the bar and they wouldn't let him leave in it because he was drunk as skunk. And I thought, yeah, I thought maybe that was really part of the movie that he had forty.
Speaker 2: Well didn't they get him with his own tractor too?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they came through the dining room window, through the house and literally ran him over.
Speaker 5: Well don would then you see it?
Speaker 8: Oh, I've seen it when I was just a little kid, man, But that's probably it's probably been probably twenty years or more since I seen it, but I remember bits and pieces of it. And where as a kid, just seeing those little dudes, you know, freaked me out. But they're furry. You're like, oh man, those are cute. I want one, And then they get wet man remember all the little warts. That's there's two things that stood out to me in that movie was I can't remember if it was his Grimlin or if it was another one, but one of them got wet and just all these little boils and bubbles started popping up all over their back like eggs, and all these eggs just kept bursting like pimples and goo going everywhere, and uh that. And then I talked about pre roll the I don't remember if that was the first one or second one, but where they're in that big corporate building and they go all the way to the top level and there's the the female Grimlin with the boost the air and push up broad lipstick and peats. Brought to my attention said, no, that was a male Grimlin.
Speaker 2: It was just a trip.
Speaker 8: Would you call it a trembling.
Speaker 5: A trans Grimlin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, or as we call him in reality, gremlins.
Speaker 2: What about you.
Speaker 4: Had, Liz, when's the first time you saw it?
Speaker 7: Oh? I saw it. It had to be back in the eighties. It always sort of stuck out to me as kind of like one of these big marketing movies. So they had all these spin offs, all this really interesting march about it and stuff like that, and it had a really iconic feel with the whole water after midnight or feeding them after midnight thing, and you know, that sort of stuck around in the popular consciousness for a long time. It was also produced by Steven Spielberg, so he was kind of.
Speaker 4: In the that's what I'm saying. It's a Spielberg and he like put little like weird things in there. The guy who did the soundtrack, his name is Joe Dante. He also did the soundtrack for The Burbs, and there's a lot of weird stuff in the Burbs. I don't know if you guys have seen it recently with Tom Hanks, but yeah, he's he's a weird guy. Spielberg is obviously a weird guy. But my thing is, like it's on Hulu right now. You can watch it for free anybody who has Hulu. But I forgot how actually creepy it was until I just watched it back. Like it's a legitimate It's like Crampus or something. It's like a legitimate Christmas horror movie. Especially after they get wet and the mom goes upstairs and they're there, they've already like hatched out of their eggs or whatever, and they're like hunting her throughout the house and there's like this weird creepy music. I was like, I can't believe I used to just watch this as a kid, Like, no, big, this is creepy, Like this is actually like and then they go to the YMCA and they all jump in the pool, uh and there's they make that weird noise like ray and it's actually like legit fucking creepy as fuck. But my question to you guys is do you feel like he snuck like some little weird stuff in there? Like, mind you, this is nineteen eighty before like all the conspiracy stuff and like everything we know about right now, do you feel like the story and like I get I guess the premise of the movie, Like do you feel like he snucks some stuff in there?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, so you first see these little guys at when he goes to this shop, right, this is this shop and there's this magical like Japanese that's working there, right, and you know he makes this.
Speaker 4: Deal like China, yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And he makes this bargain right, and the guy tells him so he kind of tells him that there's these rules to these these kind of creatures, you know, don't feed them past a certain time and make sure that they don't get wet and all this stuff. So already he's presenting him with this supernatural creature, right that that uh you know, who knows how ancient it it is, and there's all these rules and kind of guidelines to it, these like magical. Uh you'd even call it like you know, uh, I will when when I was younger, it really reminded me. Now, well now kind of still reminds me of an elf or like a leprechaun.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 3: And if you look into the lore of the elves and the dwarves, there's light elves and there's dark elves and lights, so like there's different forms of So basically what I'm saying is, uh, these grimlins could be like an elemental uh, but it's it a nastral elemental that attached on to I don't know what I'm trying to say. Basically, it's this, it's this magical creature. Headless can maybe explain it a little better than me.
Speaker 7: Well, if I was going to classify it as as some kind of a cryptid, I would I would definitely be going for more of like a you know, kind of a definitely like an ancestral spirit. It's got that feel to it, like there was some sort of a linkage back to the place that it was from som Chinese at least, and some kind of a yeah, a feeling in that regards. But I don't know, I have to I'd have to actually see, like is this this seems like a monculous type right, because.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say. I didn't want to say it, but like, yeahs you know this this crat.
Speaker 4: And a cat fucked you get a mug why, which is what Gizmo was right, because there's grimlins and then there's the mug why, which is what they start off as when they're all furry and cute and they're big little giggly eyes. But let like, let's just let's just take this and like unpack it for a second. Maybe it was just bad acting, but this guy's like, oh, I needed a last minute Christmas gift for my son, and I went to Chinatown in this weird little Chinese kid told me to go underground, down an alleyway, through a pathway down underground into this shop with a bunch of like incense burning and a weird Chinese guy with one eye. And he told me about this cat hamster thing that could sing, couldn't get wet, I could talk, shouldn't eat after midnight, and what was the last role? Uh food, sunlight.
Speaker 5: And we can't get wet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like no questions for the Chinese guy, Like, no questions. If you went into Chinatown and you saw this fucking thing in a cage, singing, talking, looking around, looking like a half cat, half hamster, You've got no questions. You're just like, name your price. I need a gift for my kid for Christmas, this cat hamster that's singing and talking, Like like, what's going on here? He was like, Oh, that's really cool, this half cat, half hamster thing that sings and talks. But hey, would you like to buy this bathroom buddy? And then he tries to sell him this toothbrush thing like what's good? Like that's that's like your main concern after you just saw that creature. Yeah, I would be facetiming people if somebody pulled that out. I'd be like, look at this, look at this thing.
Speaker 5: It sings and talks.
Speaker 4: And he was like with a mug, y comes much responsibility. I can't sell it at any price. And the little Chinese kid is like, oh, fuck him, we need the extra money. Sold it to him for like two hundred dollars or whatever, and he just takes it home. Just takes it home, no questions asked. Don't get it wet, don't feed it after midnight, and don't get it in bright lights. This thing could be like a caged monkey that when you let it out it rips your face off. No questions, unidentified creature. Somebody needs to call National Geographic on this thing. No questions asked. He puts it in the car and he takes it home to his family. I just think it's weird, Like.
Speaker 7: Is weird straight home from the wet market. Don't make it.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 6: I mean one thing I do find well, I mean I guess you're looking at the movie now too. I mean the whole idea of the Gremlins. I mean that was already like heready took that from Twilight Zone.
Speaker 2: But the one thing I do find.
Speaker 6: Like interesting even with that, like in the movie, it was kind of like a plane failure, like there was mechanical failure.
Speaker 2: Going on the plane. No, I know, not all of it.
Speaker 6: It always is like that, but in the movie you always do see them also like toying around with electronic devices, the TV, the fucking toaster lights.
Speaker 5: And the dad is always making.
Speaker 6: It's always fucking shit up. So I even kind of see almost like that gremlin now crossing over into that movie. It's still closing problems with appliance. Isn't just breaking shit for no reason.
Speaker 4: Especially with like the dad's weird inventions. He's like, oh, I made a juice maker that sprays fucking pulp all over the kitchen, or like he has like, uh, something that's supposed to be a can opener. Maybe I don't know, but he's just got all these inventions that don't work. And he brings the weird thing to meg yeah literally.
Speaker 8: The kids, Yeah, weird gadgets.
Speaker 4: He brings this thing to his house, wraps it up it like with wrapping paper because it don't need to breathe or anything, I guess, gives it to his kid and he's he's like, oh, is it a puppy. No, it's an unidentified creature I got from a blind Chinese man in an underground cave. In Chinatown, like no questions asked, Like that's just supposed to be normal, And he opens it up and he's like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a mug.
Speaker 4: Why And then he tries to call it the Peltzer pet like he wants to make more of them and like market them and like sell them to people. Wow, it's it's just it was weird to me, because again, what the like if somebody brought that home to you, would you just be like, yeah, let's just start trying to breed them, just like sell them to people.
Speaker 5: It's Christmas gifts.
Speaker 4: And no, no, nobody's all the National geographic on this thing. It literally talks and sings and can play the piano.
Speaker 6: I'm almost positive the name too goes back to late the spirit demon.
Speaker 3: These are the spirits right here. And if you notice, you see serpents, you see crescent moons and horns, well horns in the shape of crescent men. But you know, so you see a lot of symbolism here already. I mean that doesn't really look like what they look like in the movie. I'd like to see a movie with with these guys. This looks looks more like the teenage Mutant. Uh, teenage mutant. Who are the two guys from that one movie Oh I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, no, But you know, magway is Cantonese for demon of spirit a monster shut up.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's just one depiction of them.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's a spirit.
Speaker 3: Of course, it is all. All these things are spirits that physically manifest and that that's what I was saying. So when I was a kid and I saw this movie, like, it really scared me, but it just reminded me of like you know, like I said, like just this little creature, like a little elf or something. But as yeah, I kind of I think I saw it a few years ago with my son, and uh, you know I kind of got, you know, picked up on these magical little undertones here here and there that uh I should have done more research on the ancient Chinese aspect of it. But you know, bringing up the the magua being, I think that that's how you say it, right, being ancestral spirits. It goes along with what Headless was saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do you remember the movie the Chinese movie with well, it was the Disney movie be about the Chinese girl. What was that mulan right where she's in the temple and there's all these sort of deities on the wall that's associated with their family lineage. That's sort of the same idea here, he's got it with them, so he's keeping it fat and then it's giving the family line good luck because they're like immortal beings and just as long as he goes by the rules, they keep getting good luck from it.
Speaker 3: So right, that kind of.
Speaker 4: That was like an ancestral spirit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if it's immortal and he's got to keep it with them.
Speaker 3: But with the water, you know, you see a little bit of alchemy there, like you go through this alchemical transformation. Also, you know there's an elemental aspect to it as as well. That's why I had brought up you know, are these some kind of like elemental spirit that had manifested or you know, conjured into something.
Speaker 7: It was all about the four elements, so reversed alchemy too.
Speaker 8: You know, in alchemy you get you take something black and put it through the process and whiten it and purify it. But here you had something white and purified that you had turned black.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, All the little mugwise that like popped off of Gizmo were evil from jump Street. They were like messing with the clocks in the house so they could get fed after midnight. They had like a whole agenda so they could transform, and they were all evil the ones that And.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe I.
Speaker 4: Took it as this is what they were implying. But he takes one to school with him in a box and gives it to his teacher. And I'm pretty sure that one killed the guy, the black guy, the professor guy. I'm pretty sure it murdered him.
Speaker 7: Was he just so?
Speaker 4: I think I think he was the first one to die, and because he had it in a cage and it ate like a turkey sandwich or something. And when he came back into the school, it was like up in the ceiling and like jumped down on him and decapitated him or something. But it's just like it's it's one of the weirdest and of course it's Spielberg. But I think the fact that Corey Feldman is in this movie is a little bit telling, because he, of course has a lot to say, but he was so young. The Grimlins was one of his very first movies, and I actually watched his new documentary last night. It's called Corey Feldman Versus the World. You can get it on YouTube. It's like an hour and forty minutes long. I yeah, he's a money grubbing, grifting, dazzled, crotchless panty wearing like, oh, he's got a lot of problems. But he does talk a lot about like the age he was when he did The Grimlins and like people messing with him and molesting him and he I mean, this was a Spielberg and he was in The Goodies, which was also a Spielberg. But I can only imagine, like what was going on, Like, I don't know, the guy, the the main kid in the Grimlins never really did anything after that. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I ever saw him in too, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: Just it's all weirdness.
Speaker 8: And one thing I was thinking about as you guys are talking, Like I said, it was many years since I've seen it, But as you guys are talking, I'm getting, you know, some flashbacks and stuff. But uh, one thing that stood out to me. And tell me if I'm reaching a little bit, guys, because uh, I'm kind of new to the esoteric kind of stuff. But it's like it's almost like a duality with them. Yes, you have this you know, good wise sage, and then on the other hand, you have the evil trickster spirit. Like you said, they were changing the times on the clock, messing with all the electronics, and uh so it's kind of like this this trickster.
Speaker 3: Element to it.
Speaker 8: And you have the whole ayahuasca trips and stuff, and they talk about these uh mechanical trickster elves. You know, could this Yeah, you know, maybe so I took some some bad mushrooms or something back then and seen these little guys and maybe that was the inspiration.
Speaker 3: So I said that kind of reminded me of some dark elves or something.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, totally agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they because they they string the dog up outside and try to kill it. They just do like all kinds of weird stuff. But I do have two references. And I know it's been a while since you guys watched this, but anybody in the comments who has watched it recently will get this. But I've always talked about how I think The Wizard of Oz was probably one of the first MK ultra movies ever made.
Speaker 5: I talk about how.
Speaker 4: The colors, the storyline, the disassociation She's leaving and going to this magical place.
Speaker 5: And it's kind.
Speaker 4: Of like before Alice in Wonderland, there was Wizard of Oz for kids to watch, and it's along those same lines of like disassociation hallucinogenic weird stuff. And the beginning of the Grimlins is kind of telling the story of Dorothy and the mean lady that lived down the street that wanted to murder her dog. Do you remember that? So in Grimlins, the mean lady, the kid's dog knocked over her snowman or something. Her name's missus Deegele, and she goes and she uh finds the dog and says she wants to give it a slow, painful death and she's gonna get it and she's gonna like torture the dog and stuff like that, and she's always coming after the little boy and his dog. And she literally looks, yeah, she literally says something like that, and she looks like the Wicked Witch of the West. If you pull up Wicked Witch of the West and Missus Deegle, they both have like that long, pointy, weird nose. And I just thought it was it was odd that he would have started the movie with almost like because that's how the Wizard of Oz starts because she's like, I'll get your little dog, and then she turns into the wicked Witch of the West after she goes to Oz. And that's exactly how the Grimlin starts out. Is this mean, pointy nosed lady coming after his dog, saying she's gonna torture it and give it a slow death and she's coming after it and blah blah blah. And then later on in the movie there is a scene where they go the Grimlins like take over a movie theater and the movie they're watching is Snow White and it's about the Dwarves or the elves or whatever the fuck they are, those.
Speaker 3: Little tiny guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, it's yes. I just feel like he put little weird stuff, like a little Wizard of Oz reference and a little bit of like Alchemy reference and a little bit of Disney reference with the Snow White and the Seven.
Speaker 5: Dwarves, and uh.
Speaker 4: Then it's like Doc said, there's a trans grim in there, and there's a weird conspiracy guy that keeps saying like the government's bugged in his house, and I don't know, there's just like so much too unpack with this movie, ilog you guys go, well.
Speaker 7: In the narrative arc, you've got the idea of leaving home and going into the the call to adventure, right, so that's sort of like a departure, and then once this thing shows up, it's like they're in a different world because the rules that they used to have didn't work anymore. So in essence, it's kind of the same thing, like everything's been shifted to a different plane of existence, kind of like the Wizard of Oz. So that could be the pattern between the two of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like where's after they kind of attacked the mom in the house, where are the fuck? Where the fuck are the parents? For like the rest of the movie, right, because it's just the two older kids and they're literally downtown doing all this stuff, trying to catch all the grimlins and like cook them in microwaves and blow them up and stuff, and it's like, where are the parents when this is going on? Like literally, and he even takes Gizmo to the police station and he's like, look this, watch when I put water on it and these little things pop out and they're evil and they're taking over the town. The police officers are just like laughing, like oh ha ha. It's like, who what, Why the fuck are we not calling national geographic on this shit. It's if somebody brought that into my house, I would literally have a conniption. This is an entire mystical creature being. And they're just like, oh, it's a grimlin whatever or a mug why? Uh yeah, what the fuck is it? It's a hamster cat that sings and plays the piano. And nobody's upset about this. Nobody's upset about this.
Speaker 3: You know, I never thought about that. How they called the witch from the West the wicked one? Right, nice play on words. There another thing I was gonna say. And I know, you know, I'm the king of beating dead horses. We talk a lot about Tulpa's on my show, and this is the thing with the Grimlin, the idea of it. Uh, these kind of rules and these guidelines, it's the same idea with the tulpa. You know, you you you have the consent or you give the consent to buy this grimlin. Right, you're you're it's this transaction. You do the same thing with the tulpa when you meditate on it, right, you're consenting to creating it. Now you look away, you don't take care of this thing, you may you know. And in the case of the Grimlins, they eat after a certain time, right, they get wet, uh you know you then they start to kind of get a little uh malicious and start to have you know, like you said, act like little tricksters and whatnot. It's it's the exact same idea when it comes to the Tulpa. So interesting and.
Speaker 4: Their murder is they're literally murderous.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, doc, oh, I just want to say, there's something about that time period too, uh with these little Grimlin little monster dudes, because uh, you guys remember that film. Uh yeah, there's one of there.
Speaker 3: There's I just pulled up the depiction of one, an actual stone carving of the Magua in China. That's I mean, it's a grimline.
Speaker 5: Literally heads under his paul.
Speaker 3: Right, there's an egg.
Speaker 7: There's a motif for this. Uh. The lions have their their their pause on this like what's it called flower of life motif And it's interesting that it's using that same sort of pattern and he has.
Speaker 8: That thing that things around its just that those little demon dudes off the gate, That's what I was getting at you remember that the Gates.
Speaker 2: Movie, The Gate with that hole in the backyard.
Speaker 8: You remember this, Yeah, the little brown dudes running out. I got it, I got the three bucks.
Speaker 2: I thought about covering that on the fucking show.
Speaker 6: I have tell you.
Speaker 8: That's why about it.
Speaker 2: That is funny as held you that you thought, you know, that is classic. That was like playing the record backwards and everything like, oh yeah, be gone, be gone, very pleasant.
Speaker 6: Oh but you know, I do want to kind of go back to some of that Doc was saying earlier that I was actually thinking about, as he said it kind of with.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, with the Maguay and the Gremlin.
Speaker 6: I would kind of almost look at the Maguay a little bit more like almost like the hermit, but kind of like somebody who's very b drawn, you know, not really.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you go by those rules.
Speaker 6: You're not really you're not eating much, which would be kind of like a magician possibly working on something serious.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not going out as much.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you're doing an abramellin ritual, you're just stuck inside that house for fucking how long.
Speaker 2: So it's almost very like almost very like serious.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe people that are devoting themselves to a magic act or ritual. And then you have the tricksters, who, in my opinion, would almost be like the complete opposite or the person that has experienced it now and comes back and understands the joke of this reality, and they understand how to play.
Speaker 2: People and fun with people because they understand psychology. But I do see like almost like very ying.
Speaker 6: And Yang too, like saying like very extremes. You know, I see that very much.
Speaker 2: I think with those two characters.
Speaker 3: The duality. Yeah, man, the Doctor Jekyll hide thing going on, right.
Speaker 4: And I so the guy who did the soundtrack for the Grimlins I mentioned earlier. His name is Joe Dante, and I think Dante. I don't know if that's his real last name or not, but you know, sus he did the soundtrack for The Burbs, which is a movie about It's got Tom Hanks in it and Corey Feldman and it's another Spielberg and it's about a family of murderers, serial killers who move into the suburbs and all the neighbors are trying to like oust them because they feel like there's something where they're like digging graves in the backyard and shit.
Speaker 7: It's literally satanic panic the whole.
Speaker 4: Moment, Headless, have you seen it? Can you help me here describe it, because.
Speaker 7: Well, they're all convinced that these guys are like into evil shit. They start having hallucinations about it too. It's it's very strange. And the whole time they're just freaking out that there's like bodies in the backyard or they're up to really strange stuff at night. So Tom Hanks is in this total paranoia mode. And it's funny because it's right in the middle of the Satanic panic as it's going on. And I don't know, I think the Urbs maybe either it was before or maybe a little bit after the whole phenomenon, but yeah, right into that.
Speaker 4: The Burbs came after the Grimlins, and I have I don't know if I can do a share screen because I'm not logged in, but there is a scene in the Burbs where Tom Hanks is in the kitchen with Corey Feldman and they're like talking, and there is a scene where it like pans across the kitchen and it zooms in kind of on this box of cereal and it's the Grimlins and it's this. It's the Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante. He did the soundtrack for The Burbs and the Grimlins. Corey Feldman is in the Burbs and the Grimlins. And then there's this this box of cereal. It's actually so cute, but I wanted to show you. Can I do what share a screen?
Speaker 5: Let's see?
Speaker 8: Is it Captain Crunch Gremlins at least I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Did they have that? I don't remember they should. What is it again that you're looking for? Maybe I can find it.
Speaker 5: I got it right here.
Speaker 4: Can you see this? See the box of cereal in the back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Griblins.
Speaker 4: I think there's two. This is the box that's in the background, just for reference, and it's literally like consuming little mogwise.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's weird to me they made a cereal huh.
Speaker 3: It is eating itself.
Speaker 4: It's weird to me because like this scene right here, this is a completely different movie, and it's like they just put that in the background for you, those little box of Grimlins cereal, And.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like what Headless was saying.
Speaker 4: The movie has a lot of like weird occultism and like satanic panic stuff. But let me see, how do I stop?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a scene where they're in the basement and it's they're talking about do you remember this headless? And they have this big book with a bunch of occult rituals in it, and they're talking about worshiping the devil and stuff like that, and literally in the background in the kitchen is this box of Grimlin cereal. And I think that they just put that in as like kind of an easter egg. Like these two things might be connected, like the stories might be similar, this story of weird satanic serial killers that live in your neighborhood and weird magical, devilish creatures that you can just bring into your house, and like, it's it's odd to me that. And Corey Feldman's in both of them, and I don't he's never said anything about Tom Hanks, but there's some weirdness that went on between those two because Tom Hanks was like, I will not be on a set with children, and they made him be on the set with children. He and he he didn't even want to do the movie because Corey Feldman was going to be in.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, what, you can't be tempted. Is that too much for you?
Speaker 4: Like, like, what the fuck is going on? I don't know, it's just weird.
Speaker 3: Dude, Oh my god. He made so Corey Feldman made this movie. It's like The Life No a Tale of two Corey's and it was about him and Corey Headless and uh, it's just it's awful, Like it's just a terrible movie. But uh he depicts like in the movie how like Corey Haym was like gay and he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Like it's really.
Speaker 3: Just like kind of a hack job on his dead friend, to be honest with you.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I actually saw that one. It was terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 8: I saw like he wasn't he wouldn't do anything, was getting his hair pulled.
Speaker 3: Graphic graphic. It was fucking and you're you're thinking, like why is he portraying his friend like this? But he's like he got he only uh you know, to do it all or something, and it's like, oh, okay, why it was on the Lifetime too. I was very surprised.
Speaker 4: It was like documentary style or like a movie.
Speaker 3: It was like a documentary. Yeah, it was like yeah.
Speaker 4: Jesus, well, I mean, if you've watched that when you should just go ahead and watch this new one that just came out, because oh my.
Speaker 3: He went on Good Morning America.
Speaker 5: He got roasted by the way.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't have gone on Hes just that, I mean, he just shouldn't have been on there. I if I would raise.
Speaker 4: A million dollars, that's what he said. Oh yeah, he said, he said, I need to raise ten million dollars so I can give out the names of the people.
Speaker 7: Who tell I remember that.
Speaker 3: Everyone was like dude, yeah, no, no one.
Speaker 4: Was with his bedazzled crotch pants and his ed heart.
Speaker 3: Well, he would go and get these drug addled women off the streets of l A and then like get them on like methadone and fucking like put him in his house and then be like, okay, there's these rules. You can't eat meat, you can't do this, you have to call me like sir, and like all this really like there were some girls that that like, uh escaped. I guess you could say it's like a colt, Like seriously.
Speaker 4: They they compared him to like Charles Manson and ship And honestly, there was the yeah, they he has all these rules for the girls and and they can't like leave the bus without him, and they can't like drink water without him and like stuff. Yeah, and he calls him his angels.
Speaker 7: But you, guys, the rules, you'll you'll be a fallen angel. Guys, do you want me to read the account of the rape of Corey Haim.
Speaker 5: As by Corey Feldman.
Speaker 7: As told by Corey Feldman.
Speaker 8: Okay, I say, Julia, she's all about the anal bleeding and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the b whole action we got to get into.
Speaker 5: At some point I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, are we going to go one show without talking about Phallis or buttholes?
Speaker 5: Thee hole hole for Christmas Mary?
Speaker 7: Right, we backed right into it with Corey Feldman.
Speaker 9: That's what.
Speaker 4: Literally, Oh no, okay, okay, sold by Corey Feldman.
Speaker 8: Let's hear this first time. It was the first poke.
Speaker 7: So Charlie Sheen on the set of his nineteen eighty six film Lucas Uh between two trailers where she'd allegedly bent ham over and used Crisco oil as lubricant and did it in broad daylight before did he.
Speaker 4: Chrisco for the people? Yeah, and Chris Cole So that was supposed to be Corey Haynes.
Speaker 7: Between with Crisco. Charlie she just I guess that's just not a rampict. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He went on a ram page. He rampaged through his people.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I just imagined Charlie she going there. He is grab the running out there.
Speaker 4: You had to be like, come prepared, though, if you just like had Crisco at the raining. You know what I'm saying, you just had Crisco at the ding. I asked him for some Crisco when I was in labor. I said, you better put something down there and get some Crisco. Louve that ship up, because I ain't trying to bust my taint wide open. But they didn't have nothing. They didn't have nothing. I wish Charlie Sheen would have been there, because she would at least came prepared.
Speaker 10: Julia, Well, I'm just saying, yeah.
Speaker 4: Of course, one hundred Jules, what you've got?
Speaker 5: What was you about to say?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: But yeah?
Speaker 4: No, So the Grimlins, it's.
Speaker 8: Get this training back on the track.
Speaker 4: No for real, though, I do think it's a fucked up Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 4: It's got some occultism and ship in.
Speaker 3: It, where the Grimlins came from.
Speaker 4: Right right, that I mean, and Corey Fellman, he was so little in this movie and the the guy. Oh yes, of course we're best friends. I feel like I'm best friends with everybody that listens to my show. If you listen to my show, we would probably be best friends. Because it's either you love me or hate me, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I so just And I don't know how how much you can take his word for it, because it's, like I said, with his crotchless panties or whatever.
Speaker 5: He's just so hard for me to believe.
Speaker 4: But he said some weird stuff went on on the set of Grimlins, And obviously with the birds and the Tom Hanks thing, it's obvious, right, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: No references in the movie Gremlins.
Speaker 4: I bet the dad came up with like a Crisco applicator, because you know, he had the bathroom buddy and the Peltzer Peeler and the Crisco dispenser.
Speaker 3: O't Filman have like a reference in the Goonies where he refers to Martin Sheen or something. Oh, man, I wonder if they did that, like fucking with them.
Speaker 4: There is a reference. Actually, I wonder if I could google it.
Speaker 5: Hang on.
Speaker 7: Martin Sheen reference in the in the Goonies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you ever think.
Speaker 6: The time or anything like that has any kind of a type of cult significance?
Speaker 2: Told anything, I don't know.
Speaker 6: The whole Midnight I always wonder if it's just where they just made that up, just threw that in there.
Speaker 4: It's when they find the coin and the wishing well. They said, well, look it's Martin Sheen and he was like, no, that's President Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like, well he played Kennedy want Yeah. Yeah, that's just weird though. How they? Uh was that released?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 3: What came first? Lucas or the or the Goonies?
Speaker 4: Uh, Grimlins came first and then Goonies.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 3: Say Lucas, but we can we can. Uh in that talk about.
Speaker 5: About his.
Speaker 8: Lucas movie where they put the icy hot in the dude's jockstrap need he's running outside naked and stuff.
Speaker 4: Is it got Corey Feldman in it? It's got Corey haven't Oh well, oh oh, I bet he did need some icy hot after all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was dirty kid that wanted to play football, so they probably need dock strap and just loaded it down with it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only people that go to see Corey Feldman in concert with his angels or whatever, they all bring posters of the Goonies.
Speaker 3: No, I'm pretty sure Dan Soder and Big Jay Oakerson went with their whole like casting or their whole crew from the Bonfire back when they both did The Bonfire on Comedy Central. That's when I first I used to listen to that show sometimes because they're they went and sawn and that's when I first like saw the whole Corey Feldman the and they would like rip into him. That's why I'm laughing so hard.
Speaker 4: But they heard the ship.
Speaker 3: They all went to his concert and we're all out there just like like singing along and it's just but they were just there because they were just like, you know this, but we're here for you because someone has to.
Speaker 8: Cheer any moan just so they can get a better show to make fun of.
Speaker 3: They were live streaming it too.
Speaker 4: I think, uh yeah, well, I mean the only people who show up there are just like, oh, that's that kid from the Goonies.
Speaker 5: Like literally they're not there.
Speaker 4: He literally is so psychotic if he can't get his moves down. He'll just break out of power wheels. He'll just get on a power wheels and just like ride it to and fro across the stage a power wheels.
Speaker 5: Literally, I mean the guy, the guy.
Speaker 4: Lost his mind. But it's like the chicken or the egg. Has he lost his mind because of be whole stuff, Scott.
Speaker 5: Or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He had already lost his mind and then got be whole stuff done to him, and now he thinks he's Michael Jackson and he does this stuff. Maybe he thinks he's a kremlin.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He didn't have the glove going on too.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's got the hat and the jacket and the crotchless panties and the glove and all the stuff. And then he he says stuff like Michael Jackson was not a child molester or a pedophile. We just used to go to Disneyland together and watch pornography. Totally normal stuff to do with. You know, a forty year old guy who has a Neverland ranch and drinks milk and cookies with kids for Christmas. That's a totally normal behavior. Sleep in the bed with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know people can say all day along like MJ was. I mean, look, the media was portraying them as this this freak, this this monster, so you gotta like think, you know, can we trust what they're telling us? But then at the same time, you know, look at this guy. I mean, I feel bad because it kind of you know, it was forced on him at a very young age. I don't know if y'all know the story with Bob Hope was if you know, you know, with the Jackson five and all that stuff, what their dad did to him basically pimped him out, and the very well known politicians and uh actors and musicians. But I digress. And it's just sad, you know. But at the same time, you know, you gotta hold them accoun because he was an adult, even though he thought he was a child. I legitimately think he thought he was a child. He was that damaged and broken from.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, he was in like a permanent disassociated.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the Neberlin ranch and stuff. I really do think. I mean, just just watch any South Park episode where they're making fun of them. I mean, it's just like totally clear to me that everyone knows like he was almost insane a little bit, but he was Michael Jackson, so it was child That's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 4: Borderline insanity, cutted his nose off, and then got like a plastic one stabled on. There's just so much to unpack with that guy. But Corey Feldman did say like he used to take him to Disneyland and like let him buy whatever, and then would go back to his house and they watch pornography together and drink milk and cookies and have a sleepover in his bed.
Speaker 5: But he wasn't a molester.
Speaker 4: It's like, come on, man, like that. If I found out anybody did that with my.
Speaker 3: Kid, oh yeah, he his head would be on a pipe saying.
Speaker 4: Right, you know.
Speaker 7: But here's an angle. So let's say that maybe this was Corey Feldman's image of cool was a guy who did that, And so a guy who never grows up, who you know, watches porn whenever he wants to and then has milk and cookies, and then maybe that's the guy he became for the rest of his life. Is that very person. That's why he's still dressing up cool mimix a cooler.
Speaker 3: He dresses the way he dances in his music videos like it's all Michael Jackson. Like you could say, I don't know, man, So you have a part of Michael, uh, you know, attached to him spiritually?
Speaker 5: I think I think, yeah, oh, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, you know does that that you know, are they summoning? Are they summoning Michael's ghosts?
Speaker 7: Did you see the video of the burn victim that was interviewed after Michael's Michael's death that exactly like him.
Speaker 3: His name was Dave. Dave, Yeah, and yeah, No, you're absolutely right. And I was gonna say if he's even dead, right, because you got to ask that question these people.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, if death mm hmmm. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he made it, maybe made it like a weird Faustian bargain, because I don't know how long you can live as Michael Jackson. I don't think he was allowed to like leave his house and shit like that. But I also know there was something weird about the doctor who gave him like that last dose or whatever. Maybe he dosed him up a little too much on purpose.
Speaker 7: Yell the courtroom, the courtroom for his trial. That just sort of sealed the deal for me because I went back and watched some of those videos. The entire courtroom is filled with stuffed animals. They don't do that, and this is a murder trial. And then if you look at the seal behind his head, like they don't have the right number of stars for the actual state of California, so they're just from it. Yeah, the whole thing's fake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost as if there is this like shelf life to his persona and he had to die. There had to be that mass energy drain of the world, right, I mean you have to say billions of people were affected by that, not I because I was never a fan of Michael Jackson. Same thing with the Beatles eyes, it's just not good music to me. Sorry, fair enough.
Speaker 7: I think what he did was he just figured, you know, I either do this or they're gonna do it to me, so right as well fake it myself. And so the guy the doctor supposedly got convicted but never did a single day of time, like it was all commuted sentence.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's someone in the comments who just said autopsy doc was the same one from George Floyd.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so.
Speaker 6: That is wild because even George Floyd that that same person also lines up with a lady bird Lake, a smiley faced killer Browning. What that's like three three cases now that that same person cases.
Speaker 2: That's a shady motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's like the three strikes rule.
Speaker 5: Right after three strikes.
Speaker 3: They take you out after you kill three people or they program you too.
Speaker 9: I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like, I'll give you one suspicious death, maybe two suspicious deaths, but you get to three and it's like, Nope, you're confirmed in on this shit.
Speaker 3: That's his career, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: How many bodies have to pile up before we're like, okay, yeah, definitely they're in on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah absolutely, but yeah no, oh go ahead.
Speaker 6: Nick Random weird, weird, I guess fun fact with the movie Gremlins. I didn't know that that and Ghostbusters came out in the same night too, the same night.
Speaker 4: Why would Ghostbusters come out during? Did it come out for Christmas? What month did it come out? Because that's like a Halloween movie and a Christmas movie coming out and like the same night.
Speaker 5: That's weird.
Speaker 6: June eight eight, nineteen eighty four and open Ghostbusters Ghosts versus Grunnings.
Speaker 4: Why would you put, why would you release a Halloween movie in a Christmas movie in June in the middle of the fucking summer when nobody wants to see that ship.
Speaker 5: That's not good marketing to me. But I mean, I guess.
Speaker 8: Burning up in July thinking of cooler weather to come.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I guess, so, I guess so. I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't release a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie in the middle of June.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They could have been even marketing reasons for all that.
Speaker 7: Do you know what movie I want to break down when it comes to like symbolism, Last Action Hero with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Ever since you guys ever seen that one?
Speaker 2: Think of that as a.
Speaker 4: You've got somebody said, say, Julia, that's so nice of you, thank you.
Speaker 7: Is it your birthday?
Speaker 4: My birthday is November thirtieth, So maybe they didn't see me before now and they're just saying.
Speaker 2: Thank you, good to see.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I just think it. I just wanted to do something fun for Christmas, though, and I thought this movie was especially like drenched in weirdness, you know, compared to what Christmas with the Cranks, there's not there's not a lot of like good Christmas movies to break down. I mean the Crampis Crampis.
Speaker 3: We could even I was going to say, you couldn't do it to YouTube. You can always do a watch party of Crampis.
Speaker 5: Frampis is a weird story for sure.
Speaker 3: The vocal behind it's even weirder.
Speaker 8: You know, I got a whole chapter about him in the book.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, it's the duality of Santa, right, It's the it's dark side to Santa, his shadows A wow. Man? Yeah, man, what.
Speaker 4: About did you guys see I think it came out last year actually Jack Black and it was called Satan Clause.
Speaker 8: Did you see remember that?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Jack black Is.
Speaker 4: He's trash, he's turned. I mean I used to love watching School.
Speaker 6: Uh uh shallow wow.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a few movies that I really liked him inn but you know, he's just he's just.
Speaker 4: A oh my gosh. Teresa said, Julia, didn't we do a Crampis episode a couple of years ago? I totally forgot about that ship. Thank you for reminding me. We definitely did do a Crampis episode. I think actually Teresa talked about it I didn't because I looked up something else, but I think we did, like weird traditions for christ Smith's or something like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's me and Teresa and a couple other people, but yeah, So that Satan Clause movie is about like a dyslexic kid writing a letter to Santa and instead of putting Santa, he puts Satan. And then Jack Black's supposed to be the devil and he shows up and he like gives him some wishes or something like that. Yeah, for kids, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's another movie that came out with the dude from Stranger Things, a guy that plays the cop.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He's a fucking communist faggot. I mean he's that like and and he's he's he's a bitch. But uh, he's a good actor, you know, but he he was Santa. And in this one movie, I don't I think was it called Deck the Halls maybe or something. Shit, he's killing everybody. It's just it's just.
Speaker 5: It's a kid's movie, you know.
Speaker 3: No, but it's just like why, I don't know, just bastardization of culture. I mean they've already bastardized it, you know, as much as they can. A good scary Christmas movie Jack Frost about Snowman and the serial Killer. It's very uh, I forgot that, very similar to Chucky the serial Killer. U Snowman. Well, they're in they're transporting him, yeah, and he gets uh, you know, like they have a wreck and then he gets covered in all this like acid or something and melts into the snow and then reincarnates as the Snowman. And it is so good. I saw in the third fourth grade. Scared these ship out of me.
Speaker 4: I totally forgot about that one. That one's on Hulu right now.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't watch who cares.
Speaker 3: At at a friend's house, shouldn't have watched it.
Speaker 7: So have you guys seen the cramp best parades that they go on over in Austria all.
Speaker 3: That Adam Green had posted, uh that he was over there and he.
Speaker 7: At they're spreading the demons. Yeah, they're starting to do in more cities. There's one in Richmond, Virginia. There's one in Des Moines, Iowa. There's one did you say it was in Georgia?
Speaker 8: Atlanta?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Atlanta. Yeah, So that's spreading.
Speaker 4: Because he's like what he's supposed to be like unchained right, and he's like let loose.
Speaker 3: Well on some cultures, you know, the kids, I think they enjoy it. You know, my daughter likes it when I like, like, I don't know, do scary faces with her and stuff. It's real weird, it's it's odd, but she thinks it's funny. So some kids are I think, uh, well, if you don't like I don't know, I think if you let him see too much horror, you know, then they'll start to But I mean some things, you know, just I think it's good. Maybe if they don't perceive some things as like monster verifying. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 4: I guess we should go around for Christmas and just say what our favorite Christmas movie is.
Speaker 5: Doc You Go.
Speaker 8: First, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Speaker 4: Oh fuck you, you stole my Leave the Neck for Me Clark, Yeah, that is my absolute favorite Christmas movie.
Speaker 7: Edless you go, I don't know, pass gome back to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, and mind you this.
Speaker 4: You can only watch one Christmas movie for the rest of your life forever. This is the one Christmas movie. So don't say something shitty like Christmas with the Cranks. Okay, really think about the it could be Santa Claus with Tim Allen loved that when I was little. It could be literally home alone whatever.
Speaker 5: Christmas story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say bad Santa. But it's a wonderful life. Oh, very very cliche. But movie makes me cry every time I watch it, and it's very It's a little esoteric as well, if you if you pay attention, especially when they're like talking as like in the Constellations as angels, it's like the actual depiction of what you like. I don't know. Uh, very interesting, but I.
Speaker 5: Love that answer.
Speaker 4: That's so classy of the Jewels.
Speaker 5: I was not expecting that.
Speaker 3: Pretty cliche. But I was going to say bad Santa because I just when I think Christmas, I think of that movie and just the relationship between him and the kid is one of the funniest things. Ever, how the kid is is just like.
Speaker 9: What about Jesus and Joseph and Mary and the donkey and the talking walnut or something, And he's just like, what the fuck is wrong with you kids?
Speaker 3: So fucking funny. Section scene is Granny's fry.
Speaker 5: Nick you have to go now.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I probably say maybe a Christmas Story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that one too.
Speaker 3: That mm hmm, yeah you do.
Speaker 8: It's a major award.
Speaker 4: Oh, Teresa said the night before. I haven't watched that yet. I love that one. It's got like uh Seth Rogan and.
Speaker 5: The one guy's name from Oh what is it? He's like a famous guy.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 5: The Night Before I got to.
Speaker 8: Is so uh hot dealer.
Speaker 7: It's got to be my favorite Christmas It's a good one. Home alone. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They it has a solid soundtrack. I will, I will give you that it has. Oh yes, George Joseph Gordon Lovitt. Sorry blanked on that.
Speaker 3: Yes, the night great movie. Muppet Christmas Carol. I just watch Underrated. Yeah it's so good, dude. The music in it, like everything about it is so good.
Speaker 4: I love the Muppets, my favorite Christmas Carol.
Speaker 3: My kids won't watch it. It's like it's like, damn man, it's a different time. Yeah, man, I know, it's weird.
Speaker 4: Muppets Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas Carol. They do have one with Jim Carrey, but it's and it's like animated and it's pretty good, but it's not like the Muppets.
Speaker 5: The Muppets is my favorite.
Speaker 7: The most bizarre Christmas movie unintentionally has got to be Polar Express.
Speaker 3: What I just Okay, first of all, just watched it two nights ago, and he's just about to say, uh, yeah, I give you the creeps I never did before from this movie. And but and because I had uh just watched this thing on the similarities between Odin and Santa, and so it's I just I saw a lot of symbolism in the movie. I was like, wow, dude, this and then the soundtrack to that is awesome. I think it's very Christmas y uh and gives you holiday cheer. But it's a great movie.
Speaker 5: They have this.
Speaker 4: I just went with my sister literally yesterday, and I took baby Hankster with me. He obviously got overstimulated because he's two months old.
Speaker 5: But they put you on a train and they.
Speaker 4: Literally have decorated it like Polar Express, and they play the music and they do like all the hot chocolate, and they bring you hot chocolate, and they bring you snacks and stuff and that you get a bell at the end of your trip on the train or whatever. It takes you to the North Pole, and all the little kids were like, oh, this is cool. This is so fun, and all the adults that are our age, we're having way the fuck more fun because first off, we understand the concept of what we're doing. Second off, we've watched Polar Express a million times and they even have like the conductor all aboad and yeah, sure the kids have fun, but the parents were all having a fucking blast.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, this is I can't believe about the Polar Express.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just think it's weird because it's supposed to be for kids and they were having fun. But it was like all the like parents our age who have watched it like year after year after year, who were actually having the best time.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh my.
Speaker 7: God, it's got to be the biggest mk ultra movie of all time.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, with Tom Hanks and everything. Kolbe won't even let me play it in the house.
Speaker 7: Well fuck you hard.
Speaker 3: Well I like it, and so.
Speaker 2: I never saw the movie.
Speaker 3: Shut up either really get those vibes from it. But I can see I can see, uh, I can see what you mean.
Speaker 4: I bet if you watched it, you would pick out a bunch of stuff from it, even ruined.
Speaker 7: Your childhood let me pause the movie and tell you exactly what's going on as they're going through it, because that's it's rough.
Speaker 3: Express so like trafficking children on orphan train.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it the orphan train thing?
Speaker 7: The whole fucking thing. It's all like if think about the motifs that you get from the Wizard of Oz and uh, you know Dorothy, No, not Dorothy, the one where she goes into the rabbit hole. What was that, Alison Alice in Wonderland. It's the same type of movie, and they're just packing in a bunch of stuff to make the subject more pliant along the way. That's what the movie's about. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can totally catch that program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can totally get that vibe from that.
Speaker 5: Incubator. Baby's Galore, said someone in the chat.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have not seen that one.
Speaker 4: You should watch it, just because I think you would, as someone who dissects stuff, you would like it. I think there's a lot of little stuff in there, just especially with Tom Hanks. He plays like four different characters, and he's Santa, you know what I'm saying. He plays like a homeless guy, he plays the conductor, he plays Santa. Yeah, he's the Homeless guy too.
Speaker 7: Got a lot of disguise.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I feel little differently now why because of the homeless.
Speaker 3: It does that? Because of Tom Tom Hanks, I'm not a I can't watch Toy Story anymore. You know, you know, you know the guy's true nature. You know, dude's fucking sick of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no ship.
Speaker 4: But that's also why I brought up the Burbs with Corey Feldman, because he did that right after Grimlin's and they put that Grimlin cereal box in that movie, and it was all about like weird satanic serial killers and like just a bunch of weird stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, wow, we should. We should ruin your entire childhood. Let's do a watch along party of Polar Express. I just hit the pause bus.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really my childhood per se. It was more of my little brother's childhood. I was a teenager. But would you all consider Harry Potter a Christmas movie?
Speaker 4: I think that's a that's the question of the season, because I watch it for Halloween. Oh well, yep. I watched one through seven.
Speaker 3: Well before Christmas, Christmas or Christmas Halloween Christmas.
Speaker 7: You think both.
Speaker 4: Both because it starts off with this is Halloween, This is Halloween, and then by the end of it you're like, I can't wait for Christmas, right, so it could it could double.
Speaker 5: I mean Grimlins can double.
Speaker 4: Die Hard, Uh Christmas?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how long They've just been selling NonStop Nightmare before Christmas? Merch Dude.
Speaker 4: If I see a fat lady at Walmart with Jack Skellington leggings on, I just leave.
Speaker 5: I just leave.
Speaker 4: I'm so sick of it. I can't take one more Jack Skellington merch item in my life. I don't want to see it on people. I don't want it in my house.
Speaker 7: I don't want it ever anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm sick of seeing it. I'm sick to death of seeing it. It's always a blue haired lady with long pit hair. And if Jack Skellington Stanley Cup and I just can not. I mean, they must make a million dollars off that movie. It's like, out of all the Tim Burton movies, I think I would like to see Corpse Bride a little bit more, or any of them, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, But it's always Jack Skellington, Right, it's always Jack Skellington.
Speaker 7: Because it merches both holidays.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, Edward scissor Hands is a Christmas movie, so debate me on that.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: He cuts up the ice at the end and the little snowflakes and all the ship in the Christmas tree. You remember. So Edward Scissorhands, unpopular opinion, is also a Christmas movie for anybody out there wants a little darkness for Christmas.
Speaker 6: The Rings trilogy that come out around Christmas.
Speaker 3: A little of The Rings and I think it's some more.
Speaker 5: M not as much as.
Speaker 2: Die Hard Christmas, of.
Speaker 8: Course, some planes, trains and automobiles Christmas.
Speaker 9: Trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some people really like love actually for Christmas. I'm not I love actually kind of gal or what are some of those dopey ones. There's one with.
Speaker 3: Like oh the family Stone.
Speaker 5: Oh the Family Stone.
Speaker 2: You like that Family Stone?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Watch it with my mother in law and my wife.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that's definitely a female pick.
Speaker 3: It's a good movie, dude. The fucking mom gets breast cancer.
Speaker 7: It's set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really sad.
Speaker 3: It's like God and uh and uh the Yeah. Yeah, it's a good movie. It's a good movie for family guys. Screwge Man and he watched that with my son. I think he liked that.
Speaker 2: Now that I thought had some.
Speaker 5: I did too.
Speaker 4: I just watched it last night. It's on Amazon Prime. Oh mm hmm, yeah, it's free on Amazon Prime. Somebody should just hit me up. I know where all the Christmas movies are for free.
Speaker 3: A good movie to Rise of the Guardians with Santa and he's like all tat it up. And then you got The Easter Bunny. The you have the Tooth Fairy, Sandman and Jack Frost and they're fighting this guy named pitch Black and it's so it's very uh probably a lot of esoteric themes in that movie as well. A great kids movie though, and it's a it's a Christmas movie. I'd say it's a Christmas movie, but they basically guard uh like I don't know, they guard like the Holidays. I don't know. They had their own realms and uh, you know they exist, how much she believe in them?
Speaker 4: Was it on Netflix?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Okay, never mind, if it's.
Speaker 3: It may have a long a while ago, but but it's not on Netflix anymore.
Speaker 5: Were they murderers.
Speaker 4: Wait what, No, Okay, no, I'm thinking of something else. Se you look how twisted my mind is. I watched something. I've watched something on Netflix that sounds like and they show up and they kill the kids. Okay, yep, see this is a totally different thing.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to but uh no, Wow?
Speaker 4: How old is too old to still be believing in Santa?
Speaker 3: Hey, look, I've talked about my experience with Santa.
Speaker 8: It's not real.
Speaker 5: Doc, shut your mouth.
Speaker 9: Doc?
Speaker 5: Is Santa my mad.
Speaker 3: Or do we just perceive him as Santa? You know? He is Santa.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 4: I found a bunch of presents in my mom's closet. That's how I knew.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, it was because of that too. Honestly, I think it was because they sort of fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was like, what's already here?
Speaker 4: Headless never believed in Santa? Look at his face?
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I figured that.
Speaker 8: I went along with it because I wanted the extra presents with Headless.
Speaker 3: If you believe in Santa, you know you'll you'll get some extra gifts. You just gotta have faith.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know, my parents were strict Christians. They didn't believe in telling kids about Santa.
Speaker 4: Really, my parents were Pentecostals, and they was all up in Santa's bieh hole. They was putting out milk and cookies and little reindeer snacks and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: It was put the reindeer food out, a little reindeers. Now I drink the milk for my kids.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, those are classics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Santa Claus is coming to town. I love that one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Yeah, what what's what's another?
Speaker 5: Both of those are free on on Hulu.
Speaker 8: By the way, what about Christmas songs?
Speaker 4: I like to go classic, like so you should appreciate this doc.
Speaker 5: But like that one.
Speaker 4: I think it's Ray Charles Spirit of Christmas from National Lampoons when he's up in the attic watching like the Old Home movies.
Speaker 5: That's like my.
Speaker 4: Ultimate favorite Christmas song. That and like Carol of the Bells mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Charlie Brown Christmas. It's a classic to Charlie Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one. Man.
Speaker 5: You have to say your favor.
Speaker 4: I have to say your favorite, yeah, your favorite Christmas song and then sing it with the elf hat on.
Speaker 3: I can't. I have to have to take the hat off and do the jingle. I have a bell, I have a whole percussion. I having two drum sets over here. I don't know, put me on the spot, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh, you can only listen to it for every Christmas for the rest of forever. And if it's last Christmas by Waam, that's okay, or if it's Mariah Carey, we're kicking you off the podcast.
Speaker 7: I want Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's one of them that we just can't deal with.
Speaker 3: I don't know, probably something that Bing Crosby saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Oh yeah, from your favorite movie.
Speaker 8: The Rape, such one, the rape.
Speaker 5: The rape song. Maybe it's cold outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where are you guys laughing?
Speaker 5: That is the rape song?
Speaker 7: Corey Feldman, do you think that's what happened? Cory hay A baby listens to it.
Speaker 5: He listens to it every year.
Speaker 4: It's been putting the hip in row hip no since nineteen forty two or whatever whenever the fucking came out.
Speaker 11: Like baby, it's warm inside, right, But now I have to watch maybe your back door man.
Speaker 5: Back door saying it.
Speaker 8: I want to be your back.
Speaker 3: I have to go back and rewatch Gremlins.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, everybody should rewatch it because it's it's definitely full of weird stuff and it's it's one of my faves for Christmas. But uh yeah, we can wrap it up whenever. That's really all I had for you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I think that was great. That was fun. Definitely, Yeah, definitely a cult on the tones in that movie for sure.
Speaker 5: I think so too.
Speaker 3: And we learned about the magua. There's always some ancient folklore behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't buy your kids Christmas presents from a one eyed, blind Chinese man in an alleyway, Yo.
Speaker 3: Reminds me a lot of the la booboo thing if you think about it, the gremlin.
Speaker 4: What's a boo boo?
Speaker 3: Thet boo boo little things that all the all the rappers carry around.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is it.
Speaker 3: Never mind, you guys don't know what the la booboo is. They're the little they're the little like for their fucking demons. I mean they're they're these little creatures that people carry around on like their belt and stuff. Look it up. It's real weird.
Speaker 4: And uh like little spiritual totem things that they Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's something else to it, especially with the name La Boo Boo. It comes from U I did. I went on nephliin dev Squad and we talked about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the ones I'm seeing they look very cartoony. Well, they almost look like pikachus.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're kind of like horns, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody said that the.
Speaker 8: They look like forstic Grin.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Ferbies. That's another Grimlin offshoot, right, you have a Ferbie in the bedroom and like three in the morning is just.
Speaker 1: Like I love you.
Speaker 5: That mine did that too. It would just go off randomly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Gremlin little mm hmm, married.
Speaker 3: Little uns Grimlin, that's yeah.
Speaker 6: You think like the the Gremlins were like almost like uh like reptilian like for the conspiracy guy.
Speaker 7: Both they were, you know, they had the idea of being warm blooded and reptilian and at the same time.
Speaker 5: Yes, shape shifters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody should go back and watch it, especially since it's free on Hulu right now, you have no excuse whatsoever.
Speaker 3: No someone saying it's a Celtic spirit. Mm hmm. This thing right here, I think I think that's what young Stitches is saying. I'm pretty sure, you're right, But anyway, that's a whole y'all should look into that. It's pretty interesting if you have time.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, they don't look. They don't look. They look for.
Speaker 8: Real evil, very creepy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not getting one.
Speaker 8: Greens told my son, look, no.
Speaker 5: I don't want a boo boo. I don't want one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had We had done an episode on it stitches. You can go watch. I don't know which one I had done. Is flow death Squad but interesting topic. But yeah, guys, this was fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah I had fun to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they thank you all for jumping on.
Speaker 6: Also, tomorrow we're gonna be uh at four thirty, we're going live with Greg from a Cult of Personality.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty pretty big cult podcast.
Speaker 6: It's been around for a long time, so if people want to check that out, we do have that going live tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to make sure I plug that Nick. It's pretty impressive to get that guy.
Speaker 6: So is our stro live tomorrow and oh yeah, somewhere I totally forget the Vulging podcast. I think me and Jules are going live at two o'clock with him. I think he already has us up on YouTube. Already. Okay, check that out. Cool and then at four thirty the Occult Rejects has u. Yeah, Greg from a cult of personality, so interesting, should be fun. Uh and thank you all everybody in the chat.
Speaker 2: That's what's up. There was a lot of people here bullshit and chopping it up. Julia, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I really appreciate you bringing up the idea and getting this all together. Let everybody know where they can find all your amazing stuff.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't usually like take the time to plug properly, so let me just take a second. I'm not on YouTube anywhere that you can listen to podcasts. That's not like a video, So if you want the video you have to go to Patreon. If you want to work with me, stop sending me messages on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I love you, stop it.
Speaker 4: My email is ghost dot peach at outlook dot com. I don't check my inbox on Instagram. Love you, but stop, and uh yeah, just iTunes, Spotify, wherever you listen to podcasts, you can get the audio version and video is available on Patreon in room two three seven.
Speaker 2: So thank you for having me, Nick, of course, no, thank you, Julia always appreciated my man Headle's Giant. What is up, sir?
Speaker 7: How you doing? You can find me on uh, inst Twitter x, YouTube, check out Alchemy Mondays. I do it with arrows Ethos on Monday nights, and then I got seven seven seven with Nick on Tuesdays and Thursdays, We've got the Headless's Magical mail Bag. Send those stories to Headless Giant Podcast at gmail dot com and we will read those on Thursdays and then on Sundays I do the trialogs and I'll probably be on tomorrow as well, So check that out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, yeah, thank you very much. And we got Jules what is going on?
Speaker 3: So another great show man always Uh, it was good seeing everybody here. Guys. Follow me on Twitter x at Great pill Pod, Instagram, Great Piled, Underscore podcast on Twitter, Our, Twitter, fund Rumble, YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and if you want to support the show, you can go over to Patreon. I just got five to six stickers news new stickers printed and on the way I'm sending sticker packs out this week. Yeah, Patreon dot com. Slash Grateful podcast tomorrow morning, es so Terry book review and I'll send the link out to you guys. If you can't make it no big deal, h Me, Me and Ratt will be there. I don't know. I forgot what the wheel landed on, so we may spend the wheel again, and uh may not stream it out to the public, So you guys go over and subscribe to the Patreon also a great way to support the show. And then yeah, Divulgence podcast at two Central, I think to Central to to Eastern. Uh, me and Nick are going on and uh, maybe I'll have something else this week this weekend. Uh, I forgot Cold of Conspiracy. That's the date. Shit, No Cold of Conspiracy is Sunday, guys, So I'll be putting that out on Patreon probably, and uh don't have any other shows rust at Gods maybe sometime Headless, I don't know, we'll.
Speaker 7: Uh anytime spot I'll be there.
Speaker 3: Oh, in Austin Picard on January ninth. Everybody is going to be a bank and we're getting closer to the second year anniversary. You guys know what time it is. Let's fucking go anyway again. Thank you Nick for for hosting this tonight.
Speaker 2: This was fun of course. Place.
Speaker 3: Oh and me and Dot got a show coming soon. He has He's he he's going to be dropping our episode on his channel and headless. Yeah, so I got some bangers headed y'all's way, guys, And he just came on my show as well. So y'all go check that out. So did Julia.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know I saw that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so y'all, y'all go check that out. If y'all y'all have.
Speaker 6: It yet, good stuffs, good stuff for sure. And Doc Brown, thank you so much man for jumping on and joining us today.
Speaker 8: So it was a pleasure, no, man, I appreciate the invite. Man. I don't get many opportunities to sit down and hang out with all you guys. You guys are some of my favorite people in this sphere, so I enjoy I get to sit down and shoot the shit with you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: I had a really good time. Didn't add a lot to the conversation, but I was glad to just be here and key in every once in a while. But yeah, my show is Prometheus Lynn's podcast anywhere you consume content, same thing with the social media's websites prometheouslynspodcast dot com. My book Epic of Esol, Birthright.
Speaker 2: And Seed War.
Speaker 8: You can get that on Amazon twenty for the hard copy, ten for the digital. If you can't read or don't want to read, you can get on audible. I read the book to you, so it's no AI stuff. You get to hear this Southern draw read it to you. I'm trying to think, Yep.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's great stuff. Man. Thank you very much for joining us. But dude, I always appreciate it.
Speaker 6: And uh, yeah you helly, thanks yeah uh and again thanks to chat everybody. But I was here from the beginning to end.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of you. That's why we do it. And uh, until the next one. Everybody be well later it just might be a grimlin in your house. Put to gre