Speaker 1: The weird things happened in the backyard.
Speaker 2: Let them around the weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 3: Welcome, one and all to the the Alex Report. Alex Go.
Speaker 4: Welcome everybody, and welcome for our report today. We're reporting on the things that are happening currently.
Speaker 5: All around and I'm welcome to you here.
Speaker 3: And wait is the Alex Report.
Speaker 4: Well, there's things happening all around all over, so first we have to determine where they're happening and what it is that's going on. So for this episode of the Alex Report, we're here in the studio reporting on bloods. Have said, so so welcome.
Speaker 3: That was your opportunity. That could have been the funniest way to introduce that I'm leaving the show. But if you if you had just been like, if you had been like today, we're here to report that Nick is leaving the show.
Speaker 6: I didn't. I didn't feel like it was my placement.
Speaker 3: Did the thought cross your mind?
Speaker 6: It did?
Speaker 3: You should have?
Speaker 5: It did? And I was like, not my news.
Speaker 3: Man, Okay, it's okay. I forgive you and thank you for being considerate you like the way I started it or not? I did, And you know, I wanted to be recognized. That as my final request for being on the show, I requested that Alex start it with an Alex report. You know, I honestly did, and you honored my request.
Speaker 5: Is that the first time he ever started an episode?
Speaker 3: No, no, it can't.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: No, I did back at the apartment for maybe dragons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had.
Speaker 5: It's just hard to remember what number was dragons. Oh.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, Okay, remember you have a you have a grace margin. Okay, no no, no, no, no, no, no, okay, all right, you have a grace margin of ten episodes. Here we go. The pressure's on, and what is at stake?
Speaker 5: God, dude, what was it? One is Merlin? But oh, dragons was way before that didn't but was it?
Speaker 6: Hang on?
Speaker 3: But hey, didn't Merlin like kill a fucking dragon or something? Probably he drove all this, he did, He drove all he drove all the dragons out of Ireland.
Speaker 5: No, that was the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Oh and it was yeah, damn it, you're right, Sat.
Speaker 5: Saint Patrick Patrick. Yeah, no, there is some dragons in Merlin. I just can't remember.
Speaker 3: I know what it was. He looked under the tower and there was a white baby dragon and a red baby. Remember, So what was it?
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 6: I'm still trying to find it, man, Dude, it doesn't work when you search like I'm searching. Bloods said so Dragons and the first thing that comes up is a clip of the yoga episode.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that.
Speaker 6: I'm like, there, this is something. Something's very wrong with the algorithm.
Speaker 3: Algorithm is against us.
Speaker 6: I'm still working, so bear with me.
Speaker 5: Well, I should have known that because we've been here over a year and that's only fifty episodes ago, and we did the Dragons episode at the other apartment. It's just kind of hard to gauge anymore, Like after living in this house.
Speaker 3: Well, it's getting there.
Speaker 6: One three.
Speaker 5: I was kind of close but not close enough.
Speaker 6: And I think I started that one. Yeah, I'm confirming.
Speaker 3: I hadn't confirmed because I would like to know. And I love the fact that, like so many people listening to this might are like on their edge, on the edge of there's on their edge.
Speaker 5: They're on their edge the edge a little bit because they're like, what did you say?
Speaker 3: Is it really his last episode? Yes?
Speaker 5: But first long hair, I don't know that i'd say.
Speaker 3: That, No, not last episode. It's not our last episode, and we will clarify.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, brought it in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you brought it in, bro.
Speaker 3: And I got long hair. Yeah, damn remember that it was.
Speaker 5: That was a fun episode. It's one of the best thumbnails ever.
Speaker 3: It is truly one of the best thumbnails.
Speaker 5: Yeah you did freaking uh you did.
Speaker 3: Start and you're wearing the exact same shirt. Wow.
Speaker 6: No I'm not. But I got the exact same haircut with almost the amount of what shadow close looking pretty similar.
Speaker 5: Except back then you were to baby and now you're the daddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: We can't get penalized for showing our own stuff in our own video, right.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, you have to like manually claim that.
Speaker 5: Yeah to be a thing.
Speaker 3: All right, fine, I'll freaking I'll explain. Dang it, let's just get into it.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm patiently waiting enough delaying.
Speaker 3: Damn it, guys, this is this is well, it's not my last episode ever. It's not my last episode ever. No, but I am leaving the show. I'm leaving the show like my regular involvement in the show at least. It all kind of it kind of just came together quick. It was like fully and completely my decision. I just like I had a feeling in my heart that I'm feeling pulled towards other projects that I'd really love to do, and I just felt it wouldn't be fair to this amazing thing that we've all built together to pull any of my energy away from this show towards those other projects. And you know, this, this show, it takes a ton of our time. We worked so so hard on this show. It takes a ton of our time. And like I was very I have been very happy to do that. For four years we've done it, and at varying amounts of time that it takes from us, I was very happy to do that. I'm so so extremely proud of us and this show and the community that has formed around us, and like serious, I couldn't be more proud. And it just it came to a point where I had this gut feeling and this feeling in my heart like it is time for me to move on to other things. And you know, I've always been I've always been like mister adhd brain, Like I have way too many interests and I like want to explore them all, and it's like I have little chapters of my life. It's always been that way. My life is like segmented into these little chapters where I'm pursuing a different passion, you know, And this one was to help you and your family make this project and get and get your story out there and help spread you know, your your message of love and light. When we started this thing, it was a different life. Your family was you know, there was no there was no book, There was no HBO documentaries happened or not HBO sorry, the History Channel documentary is happening. There wasn't. There wasn't the things that are going on now. And so you know, I saw this desperation two, like get the story out there and and and spread the message. And you know, we we had talked about, we had talked about as friends, just talked about what's what do you do? What do you whatever? And the idea of the you know, we've talked about it. Alex and I were both like simultaneously being like, start the podcast. Start a podcast. You got to start a podcast, dude, And like I never I never thought I never once thought like I could co host it. Never. But you came to me and you were like, dude, I think I'm down to do a podcast, but I only want to do it if you if you do it with me, And there was not even a thought. I was like, hell, yeah, let's do it. Whatever it takes, whatever it takes to get that ball rolling, Let's do it. We we fucking did it, like we've We've accomplished so much. And I was explaining to the team that my dream, my literal dream, being involved with this show was to make it a platform. Get it to the point where it is a platform and it has it has traction, and it has people, a community, it has legs to stand on. Get it to this place where it's grown wings and it can fly. You know, that was my dream. That's always been my dream for this show. And I think somewhere recently, I think I've subconsciously that that box has been checked in my mind and I and I think I finally took a second to look around and was like, oh, damn, what the hell. We have a there's a Neon sign, there's the walls are painted, there's a whole studio in Ryan's house. There's like we did it, we did it. Here we are and you know, it felt it felt like it was time. It's like not it has nothing to do with anything other than me. I just have I have. I like to I like to make music, I like to write, you know, stories, and I like to do all sorts of different stuff. But I'm also just like I like to casually pursue my interests. And I don't know, I'm kind of I don't know. I don't even know how I would describe it. I'm very my creativity is very volatile. It's constantly pulling me in different directions all the time. And then I think, if I'm in a place where I can't explore those things freely, I maybe start to feel a little cooped up. Maybe that's a good way to describe it. I don't know, I'm blabbing on and blabbing on.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's kind of the whole point of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's sad, like I'm I'm definitely it was not an easy decision to make.
Speaker 5: And just for the reference to the listener, we all had this talk for the first time last night, and obviously it came as a surprise. Yeah, and I hope it's okay that I say this, but Nick was very nervous to bring it up.
Speaker 3: Of course, dude, you can say anything.
Speaker 5: Probably wondering if we would freak out, or wondering however we would react.
Speaker 3: And I just want to say real quick, I knew in my heart that you're my best friends and that you would you would be you'd have my back. You'd be shocked and confused, but you'd have my back. It's just the it's still scary, the anxiety. Yeah, the thoughts creep in, and it's like what if they're mad. But when I would talk about it, and that's normal, when I would talk about it, I was like, there's no way they'll be mad. Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And and he was obviously like really nervous, and he came out with it, and obviously it was a big surprise, but I mean, at the end of the day, it's just like I wasn't mad at all. I was just kind of like, you know, I can't really blame you for that, and and and how you were so positive about it and so professional. Well yeah, professional too, but like so honest and upfront. And we all just kind of talked about it, and I think he stayed for like another three hours and we were just like, we are not recording to night if that let's just hang out and yeah, we all just kind of talked it over and and you know, obviously it's sad for everybody involved, but like to be very clear, like nothing will change with us, like we're, you know, still who we are, and Nick's involvement in this is still what it is and what it was. But ultimately I think we all just kind of agreed that maybe it would be best for everybody in the sense that Nick felt as if his passion for being like the grind, like this is a grind grind, Yeah, and you had been feeling yourself dwindling with that, and it just makes sense for you to not like why why would you push through that if it's not you know, like you do have to have a passion for this. This is an animal, this is a beast. I have no clue what it takes.
Speaker 3: To do this. Oh man, it's thousands. It is a it's constant. I mean, it's we have days where we relax and we have days off. But I mean, you know, we at times have a week a week and a half where it's like every single day there is something going on with the podcast that's rare, but like you know, on most occasions it's two maybe three days out of the week we've got something going on. But I mean at times will be going a week straight doing different things. It is a grind. It is a serious grind. And of course for the longest time, I'm like a like, I'm grinding and I'm doing this to help my friend and his family, and b I'm also I'm getting a ton out of this, and I enjoy this a lot, Like you know, I enjoy being involved. I get a lot of gratification for doing it. I'm proud of doing it. The lovely the lovely messages and the people that we meet in person and they tell me how you know, how much they love to hear from me and see me on the show, and how much I bring to the show, and like that is like it's been it's been so like healing for me for these four years. It's been so instrumental to the person that I've become the past four years. Like it's it's not like I'm just like I'm just I'm doing this for for Ryan and his family, and that's it. It's like, no, I got plenty out of it. I got a lot of creative gratification and a lot I got a lot of things out.
Speaker 5: Of it, a lot of fun too.
Speaker 3: Fuck are you kidding me? This has been some of the most fun I've ever had. Like it, it's been so much fun. And but but yeah, it just it's one of the I even said this to you last night, and yeah, I mean, now that we've acknowledged the timeline, it's it's a whirlwind. It all kind of happened extremely fast. We like looked at our schedule and we're like, I think it makes most sense to just go ahead and knock this out, Like let's just let's just do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's just easier for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it just it, which is crazy. It's because I was prepared fully to stay on for a while, and I told them, whatever you guys need, and we just talked about it, and ultimately we were like, I think the thing that, according to the schedule and everything else, that makes the most sense, we just we go ahead and knock it out. And like, I'm still gonna be helping to tie up the loose ends for the next few months, so however long it takes. Like I'm I'm not just like I'm out peace, you know.
Speaker 5: No, it's not like that no, no, no, I am. It's mutual and very very friendly.
Speaker 3: And yeah, there's still much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like I think it's good for everybody but sad. But like sad is not always a bad thing.
Speaker 3: It's the the change. Yeah, the change part is like the it's it's heavy and it's scary, but it's like ultimately, yeah, I think I think the I think that I will Obviously I will be. I'll be happier chasing whatever the next like creative thing that I want to do is I've been just resting for a while. Oh, that'll definitely happen because another thing about me, and y'all know this, I'm lazy. I like to chill, I like to kick it, like that's my favorite thing in the world is just downtime. So I will definitely be. I'll definitely be resting for a bit. But yeah, I miss like that creative freedom and I miss like the not knowing what the next thing is gonna that's gonna pull me is and like so for me, that's very exciting and it's gonna be really awesome, And honestly, I but that the show is going to be better than ever. It's going to enter this new phase. It's evolving, it's going to enter this new thing. It's going to become something that I think is going to be incredible and better than ever. And I just I have no doubt in my mind that this is going to be not just like a pretty part. This is going to be a very positive thing for all of us for sure.
Speaker 5: Sure hope. So I don't know what the future holds. I had to have a good feeling about it. I mean, it's just I think it's up to me proving to myself that I've come into my personal confidence to.
Speaker 3: You know what, man, you have? I know you have. That is maybe the first thing that I thought when when this decision kind of came upon me, because that's really what it feels like it came on it.
Speaker 5: The decision happened, came upon you. The phrasing there was a little crazy for from within you.
Speaker 3: It blasted all over me. And and I feel like, you know, one of the first things that I thought was Ryan's ready. He's He's good. He is he is more confident than ever. He is like fired up that the passion is burning super hot inside of him, like it's it's he he is. I have no doubt in my mind. And Alex obviously Alex has had this ship on lock since day one. Alex is fantastic at his job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and nothing's gonna change, Like I mean, obviously things are going to change, but the show will go on and Alex and I are going to continue to do the show. That's not going to change. Obviously, Nick will no longer be here. Uh ultimately, though, what in a perfect world for me, it would be whenever you want, you come visit it, and you come, I'm a pop few episodes, I'm a pop in.
Speaker 3: You know, you know I'm a pop in. I literally live two minutes from here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like if you got something going on, Hey, you know we're putting out a new song, or you're working on this, or you just want to come and you want to join, Like I think, in a perfect world it would be nice if every now and then you came in, you you joined us for the show.
Speaker 3: I will, yeah, I will absolutely be doing that for sure, without a doubt. You'll this isn't the last time you'll see me. I'm gonna I'll be back. I'm still gonna anytime. There's music that needs to be done for this show. It's still gonna be me. You you better believe that any any any music you hear on this show is me. It'll always be me. That's like, that's.
Speaker 5: Laying is clean. Oh, we don't know anybody else anyway. Man, I think I think you.
Speaker 3: Have that unlocked back off all of y'all.
Speaker 5: It don't be coming from him.
Speaker 3: That's my job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've got that job. You have earned it. You have earned it. Okay, Yeah, don't you worry about that.
Speaker 3: Uh huh So yeah, and I'm and again I'm gonna pop in. We already talked about like if we go see a cool movie together and we're like, damn, this will make a fire episode, like why not, or if.
Speaker 5: It's been a few months and you're just like, man, I kind of misrecording a little bit, Hey, come to an episode, you know, Like I think it's just it doesn't have to be like the forever end. It doesn't have to be like that.
Speaker 3: No, it's not gonna be.
Speaker 5: It's just I get it. Like even though it was hard to hear in the moment, and to be clear, like I never was like oh fuck, you know, like I mean you saw me immediately, I was like I'm not mad, dude, I'm not mad. I'm just confused as it came out of it. It was just a lot to think about. But I do think ultimately you'll be more happy. I think that the show will be able to always continue to grind no matter what. It's not gonna die. It might hurt for a little bit, we might feel a little bit of like, Okay, how are we gonna go from here? But ultimately it will survive. It's not the end of the world, you know, and.
Speaker 3: It is always right hard, Okay.
Speaker 5: It is what it is. I just have a lot of growing to do now. And Alex doesn't need to change one bait. He's an angel, he's a barballs, Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 5: I just I have a little bit of growing to do and and to be honest.
Speaker 3: With you, that excites me, dude, that yes it does.
Speaker 5: It doesn't scare me.
Speaker 3: You have grown, and I think you'll you'll I think you're just a little like nervous now about it. I think very quickly you'll realize like, oh, dude, I got this ship. You got this ship. You do You've already grown a ton, You've grown so much, like you have this ship on lock. Uh, this show, this show is not going anywhere like long lived Ledsoe said, so one thousand percent, it is not going anywhere. It's just, you know, it just it just the timing, the timing felt right. It just did. And it was this kind of unspeakable thing. I told you that. It just hit me. It. I just got this feeling like it's time, and I got this feel in my gut, this feeling in my heart. I talked to some people about it, but I mean, you know, I came to I came to my decision. This all happened within like the whole thing of it happened within a week. Like, yeah, it all happened within a week.
Speaker 5: And then we literally talked about it just a little over twenty four hours ago and here we are. You know, It's like, it's it's not easy for anybody. I think that because of change.
Speaker 3: Change is hard.
Speaker 5: Change is hard, and it can be scary. But I do think ultimately we all feel like it's not the end of the world. No, yeah, it's gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah it will, It absolutely will. It will, And like we're we're always going to be best friends. I'm staying in Wilmington, like it's it's just.
Speaker 5: Still making a little bit of music together.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah. See, honestly, we.
Speaker 5: Are pretty close to finishing a twice more song.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, well, yeah, yeah, he is. But no, we we are. We are because we had a We never had time to work on it never, never, man, never, So hopefully we can. Let's acknowledge let's acknowledge the the death of Ears and Gimbal.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, no, that is important. We have to acknowledge.
Speaker 3: That the death of Ears and Gimble. This all happened so incredibly blindingly fast, guys that we we just but the way that the timing was.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's that plus like Alex is having a baby in like three two four months. Dude, I was gonna say three. I don't know why I went to two, but shit, man, it's real close. Like we have a lot of change coming, yes, and Alex and I just kind of felt like we we don't have time to make the change in the future. We need to be prepared now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And that's like, you know, it's just there's a lot on everybody's plate right now, and it's just like.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, Gimbal and Ears are not dead. Okay, they're living their best life in Rome Kingdom. Yeah, they did have a pretty happy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, do do we think they just stay there now?
Speaker 4: That's where they are, stay there, okay, and it's I mean, I think it's a safe place for them to.
Speaker 3: Do their gods to those people call it an early retirement.
Speaker 5: Bro Gimble's married literally a.
Speaker 3: God in a lot.
Speaker 5: They're about to be brothers in law. I mean, it's a pretty that's kind of a fairy tale. Although we didn't know it was the end while we were filming that, and we literally found out last night that that was the end, which we recorded that weeks ago.
Speaker 3: By yes, weeks ago.
Speaker 5: At the moment, we had no clue that was the end. I have to say that it's like on ironically probably the best, the best, the whole wedding.
Speaker 3: Let me oh. And also the fact that like people have no clue what we're talking about. Yeah, well, we played Dungeons and Dragons on Patreon for months, for months. We we did a lot of episodes. But anyway, to the people who do know what we're talking about, this is for you. Yeah, I'll just go ahead and say that was gonna get way worse. It was gonna get, It was gonna get so dark. You guys probably would have died to that dragon man. And but maybe who knows.
Speaker 5: I doubt it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, were you guys were pulling off some crazy We were miracle workers. You guys were honestly miracle workers. So I can't say that. I really can't say that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we would have proved you wrong time and time again, and we did.
Speaker 3: Because I didn't. Here's a perfect example. Here's example number one. That last mission that you guys did, and this, like again, most people have no idea what we're talking about. You made like seven consecutive choices back to back that were all the exact choice that needed to be made to instantly fight the main boss. Like you, you basically rolled up to your quest and went straight to the final boss of it, which was like not supposed to happen.
Speaker 6: It obliterated him.
Speaker 3: Yes, the statistical anomaly of just that alone is crazy. And then you just like embarrassed. You just rolled perfectly and it just cascaded and you killed the thing. I I when you guys got into the room with the boss, I was like, they are dead. I was fully like they're dead.
Speaker 5: I guess it's okay for me to see now, because who knows if we'll ever get the opportunity to do that. I mean, you never know. We might could say, hey, you want to do a couple more. I don't know, Yeah, we know we have maybe not maybe, But I'm just saying anything's possible. I don't know. Yes, you know, but as of now, it seems like it's probably never happening again. And and I just want to say I never said this on the show. You guys can reveal whatever you want about your side of things. You just revealed your side. But for the side of gimbal'saw fit, I never like verbally said this until the wedding part. But from the start, my whole thing with him was that he was possessed by like dozens of demons, and that's why every now and then he But I I knew that from from my side, but wouldn't say it because that's why he would like be like, oh, we should kill this dude. No, actually, I don't know. That's not a good idea. And he would say, like, really good things are really bad things, because it's just a whole thing. But like I had a very in depth thing with this character. And what I didn't tell you guys is that as he leveled up, I was gonna make his insanity higher. But oh well, it was fun while it lasted. He was a crazy character. It was really fun. He was he was for those who didn't watch it. I think like eight people watched it anyway, he was a He was a like a warlock gnome who like had been peering too much into like Eldritch occult texts. And I think at one point at the wedding scene or something, I'd made a comment about like there's dark voices whispering from me every boy, and you guys were like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 6: When you pull the ears aside, I think.
Speaker 3: Something like every time you mentioned a number of voices that got bigger. Yeah, And then there was that one time that you tried to knock on his door and he didn't hear it, and so you just started talking to the demons in the hallway. You were literally just talking to them, like multiple demons just talking to him in the hallway.
Speaker 5: And we were like, but that's why every episode got crazy and crazy. I didn't explicitly tell you guys that until the very end.
Speaker 6: But well ears heard it coming from a while away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think I did here and there. But it was just really fun. I was really like getting into it.
Speaker 3: Doing a good job. Because that last session that we did, I was like, what the fuck is going on with him? I was like, what has happened? He is like so off the rails right now.
Speaker 5: But I also had a whole redemption arc planned out for him where he was going to be like restored by the light and all the all the demand, the demonic forces would be gone. But you know, like it is, Yeah, it is what it is. It was fun.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll get it, maybe we'll get the chance to finish.
Speaker 5: In my head for weeks, I was thinking on a on a like a redemption arc, and that's kind of why I went away with the wedding.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, which also one of the funniest, Like I brought me to tears. That was so funny. The fact that he's been prepping Ears. Gimbal has been prepping Ears, Like listen for weeks. You don't you don't want to see the gnome women, dude, They're ugly that you don't. They're disgusting, freaking creatures.
Speaker 5: Freaks.
Speaker 3: The freaks by the way, Yeah, his character is a gnome. He's like, I'm telling you, I'm telling you the Gnome women. You don't want any part of it. You don't. And then and the whole time Ears is like, I don't know, man, Like we see like maybe you know, maybe who knows, Maybe I'll be really into it. And You're like, I'm telling you, dude, they're gross, they're ugly.
Speaker 4: They'll get it out of your mind, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: The first Gnome woman you met in the campaign, you immediately professed your love for her and proposed and you rolled so well all that she.
Speaker 5: And married me immediately. It was pretty hilarious. You rolled in like several episodes back when and when I was like, Alex, you choose or Ears or whatever. We had a quest to choose between like dwarves and Domes, and that was like hours previous into the campaign. I was like, no, no, no, f the Gnomes, dude, I don't want to go help them.
Speaker 3: Like it was.
Speaker 5: It was set up.
Speaker 3: From the beginning.
Speaker 5: That was a lot of fun. I am a little sad we don't get to resolve it, but it's okay.
Speaker 6: Well, they'll still be up. We're not taking the Boys down.
Speaker 3: But but.
Speaker 5: It goes without saying that we did plan that show with Nick. We had been talking about it for years. Nobody saw this coming, not even Nick. He just kind of made this decision suddenly, and obviously we respect that, and he was, you know, very honest and upfront about it. He came to us, he was very nervous, and me and Alex and Jenny we were all like, dude, we're not mad. It's you gotta do what you gotta do, you gotta be happy, and we all just kind of decided, like I said, it's best for everybody. But with that being said, not really any reason for me and Alex to continue Green Boys without Nick anymore. So we're going to stop recording prow Yeah, we're not going to delete it. We're not going to take it down. We're going to kind of restructure and figure out what we're going to do with the future of that tier. If anything, we deeply and sincerely appreciate you guys supporting us, if it was for that show, if not, if you just support the ten dollars tier because you just want to give us, you know, like some sort of financial support and you don't care about the benefits, that's great. Thank you. If you do it for the other benefits like the fifteen percent discount and the new feature we added where it's like your name is on the like the donor list on the episodes, great, thank you absolutely for all of that. For whatever reason, I don't care what it is, thank you, thank you. But if it's for the Green Boys show, we are very sorry. We're not going to continue with that. It's just kind of sudden for everybody, and it's like Alex and I have to now figure out how to do all of this just the two of us. So we're going to focus on the main show and full disclosure and just kind of learn what the future of that is going to be in the meantime.
Speaker 3: And like I said, I am I am here to help in absolutely any way that I can. I really want to make this transition as easy as possible for everybody. Like seriously, I hope that you guys lean on me and like whatever you need, genuinely, I know how and you're right, Like it was sudden for me and I want that to be super super clear as well. Like I first had this feeling talk to people made the decision, and by people, I literally mean my wife and my family and family and made the decision and told them with all within a week from first having the feeling to we are now right now. It is all within a week.
Speaker 5: I mean you you were honest about it every bit of the way.
Speaker 3: I didn't want I didn't want any time to I literally told you, guys the very next time I saw you, Yeah, because I was like that, there's I'm not gonna there, I don't know, like full transparency, no bullshit. Let's just we are a team. Let's let's figure this out together. So it's it's extremely sudden for for everybody, but like, yeah, I very much want to help in absolutely any way that I can to to see you guys through to the next phase of this show. We're like, I'm still for for the you know, for the foreseeable future, Like consider me a part of the team. Still, I want to help this thing transition cleanly to the next phase. It's it's difficult, and you know, it's weird and it's it's awkward, but I appreciate you guys being so cool about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, same to you, man, Like that, just the fact that you were so honest about it and everything, Like nobody can fault you for that.
Speaker 3: No, you guys are my best friends. I love you guys, and like I owe that to you as my best friends, to just be completely honest and like and in a way, I'm glad we're just going ahead and knocking this out because I can just be open and honest with the listeners as well. To to anyone who may be disappointed, I'm I'm genuinely sorry, but like you know, you got the you got the big guns over here, these these two, these two, you got the big guns. Still okay, like this this shit ain't going nowhere. But I want to say, like from the bottom of my heart, that everybody who's watched this show, who has commented and shared your love and flown across the world to come and see us and met in person and shared your heart with us, and and supported us in any way, I sincerely love you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means the world to me, and you have all changed my life, Like without a doubt, you have changed me as a person. You've changed my life, and I am eternally grateful to all of you, and that goes for you guys as well. I mean that goes with us saying.
Speaker 5: Well, you've changed them too, and don't forget that. And also you've changed us as well. And this wouldn't be what it is today without you.
Speaker 3: So thank you, man.
Speaker 5: It's mutual.
Speaker 3: Thank you, yeah, thank you. It really it's it means the world. It's it's such, it's so many complex emotions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is, but it's it's not bad.
Speaker 3: No, And I don't I know it's not bad because I don't. It doesn't feel like, it doesn't feel like it's the end, and it's it's completely you.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm openly telling you, like, please come on the show whenever.
Speaker 3: You want exactly. It doesn't feel like, oh it's you know, No, it's I'm not gonna be here all the time. I'm not gonna you're still but you're still gonna see me. You're still gonna see me every now and then, every now and then.
Speaker 5: Every now and then. He'll be like an honorable guest that every now and then pops on. But you know, if if if he feels like it, or it's just whenever, you know, But no, I mean, it is what it is, bro And at the end of the day, like it's it's gonna live on me and Alex. We can do this. It won't be the same for I don't know what it'll be, but it's gonna be yes, and that's what matters, you know, Like it'll keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it must it, Alex, you're want to tell me how much you're gonna miss me or what?
Speaker 6: I guess I can do that.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding.
Speaker 5: No, No, we're gonna have to get rid of your kill switch. You don't need that.
Speaker 6: I know it's dying anyway.
Speaker 5: It doesn't away half the time.
Speaker 7: Promotion, promotion and a pay raise and more attention, which is that you used to complain about that a lot. Remember now, Remember he's like, you don't give me the attention you give it.
Speaker 5: Now he's gonna get every bit of it. I'm just teasing you. Pretty soon it's about it just be me and you.
Speaker 3: Man. I know, man, it's gonna get intimate in this room.
Speaker 4: I wish the fan had a higher setting, get a little hot. You guys are going I struggle, Nick, I struggle with the emotional stuff, and I don't feel like I can say something that hadn't been said, and I really echo both of you guys, and and just with everything you know being so sudden, it is the The sad for me really comes from thinking back to all the good times in the last four years, and there's been a lot of them, and uh no, I think about. What I want to think about often is putting together the little compilation at the end of episode one hundred, and there was a bunch of really fun snippets in there, a lot of you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, man, I'm gonna miss hiding from.
Speaker 3: You behind this Uh you're doing it right now.
Speaker 6: Behind this computer.
Speaker 3: You can't see me right now, I can't see you.
Speaker 5: The part that sucks for me the most is like all the times that they don't see that we're not recording, that we're like laughing and cutting up when we're getting ready to record, and like that dynamic is going to be different. I'm not saying that it won't be fun still, but it'll just be different because you're saying I'm not funny. No, no, don't yeah, yeah, I'm gonna leave the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is gonna be you an no.
Speaker 5: But seriously, I'm not saying I'm not saying that the studio saying yes, you can We're just gonna be it's just gonna be different. We're gonna be missing one person, you know, it's it's gonna be a completely new thing. And it's like I just think it's you know, it is what it is. That's what I think about the most. All the times we laugh, Yeah, that we've had, We've truly had.
Speaker 3: Like some incredible times these past four years. Like I will remember these times the rest of my life. It's changed, met some amazing people, met so many incredible people. I mean, yeah, I'm so happy to have met the people that we've met through doing this, and you know, especially my you know, the the most meaningful and the my favorite people that I have met doing this are the people that we've met, you know, doing doing these festivals and the people that come out to show support and like being able to connect with you guys in that way in person and like hug you and talk to you and hear your story and hear learn about you, like like that's been my absolute favorite part of doing this show, among so many other things. Of course, I've gotten to meet some incredible people on the show as well. I mean, you know, Cameron Mizel was like my childhood hero that like that was such a cool thing. You know, Aaron and Helen, they're like the coolest people in the world. That was so cool to meet them. I mean, there's a we just talked to gohan on on on yeah, on a zoom call, like that was crazy. Like you know that there's been some absolutely mind blowing, incredible experiences with this show. But my absolute the peak of doing this for me is exactly what you said. It's the it's it's like the silly, the silly moments in between, and you know, it's awesome that that isn't going anywhere, right because we're all friends, Like we're still all best friends, and we all, thank god, we all live like within a literal two minute radius.
Speaker 5: Well, now now that Alex and I will probably just be meeting once a week to do the podcast. Now because Green Boys pretty much, as far as you know, won't exist, we should make efforts to like, let's just like get together and do shit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Hey, spoiler, Jenny might be getting me a bicycle for my birthday next week. Really, I know, you guys, skate, I kind of have fantasized about just like scooting along beside you guys, while you skate. I think that I kind of I kind of have a personal goal of mine to like try to skate across the highway to y'alls neighborhood, not skate bike bike.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And either way, I'm just saying, like, there's so much fun stuff we can do that we'll have more time for it.
Speaker 3: And you know, yes, one of the things that I also said, and this is one of those this is one of those double edged swords situations that you don't really see happening until you really analyze it. But one of the things that I'm looking this wasn't a motivator, but one of the things I'm very much looking forward to is like just being you guys friend again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's definitely a benefit.
Speaker 3: I see that as a major benefit. Not to say that we like haven't been friends.
Speaker 5: But we've been grinding for four years.
Speaker 3: It's like every time, basically every time that we see each other, it's we're doing something with the podcast and that's cool because it's a grind.
Speaker 5: And we and Alex and I love the grind absolutely know that's that's okay, And it's also okay that you don't want to continue, you know what I mean, like it's just it's all okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I'm I am, I am looking forward to like just I'm just being your just being your homie again, like seriously, but like you know, since we were twelve years old, we've been homies. And I've been sitting somewhere in your proximity hearing you talk about you and your family and talking with you about the phenomenon. And that is never going to change. That's that's always been a big part of our relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, It's been a lot more than that too, like making music.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, I mean we have making music and beating the shit out of each other and street fighter and chasing each other around.
Speaker 5: And we had.
Speaker 3: Huh, we had the show. We had Reu and Ken on the show. How insane is that? Just making stupid little videos together, chasing each other around in ninja costumes like we've always but but but a constant has been We're sitting, We're talking about the phenomenon, We're talking about your families experiences and our mutual experiences. That's that's just never gonna change. I mean, they will always be doing that and all of that other stuff. I am ready to don the ninja gear once again and chase you around in the rain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that does sound lovely.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: We did that. I chased you around for an hour in the rain. You know.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you something I was I've been so busy lately, but I was fully planning and I already had it all out in my mind. I was fully planning on writing another script for Green Boys where you guys were gonna be a pirate in Ninja and I was gonna buy like full head and toe costumes. But you saying the ninja thing just reminded me of that.
Speaker 3: But oh my god, that's that's amazing. I'm gonna miss doing Green Boys.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna miss wearing the ridiculous costumes. Is just and just like the role plays and like I feel like I feel like we were getting deeper and deeper into that to where it was like kind of hard to break character towards the end. Oh yeah, like the last two or three, Like I refused to like I didn't want like, do you remember when you were like are you saying this out louder in your thoughts for a little bit there, I kind of refused to answer you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I had.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to break as you like three or four times, I was like, I didn't want to break.
Speaker 3: You know, you were actively ignoring me.
Speaker 5: It was getting harder and harder to get out of the character. I mean, I was kind of getting lost in the insanity. I'm gonna miss that. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna miss that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I don't know, we could we could play D and D in our free time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: We can include our wives. We've been talking about doing that for a long time, and we it sounds like we're all gonna have a little bit more time, you know, you guys only doing the episode once a week and then me doing whatever the hell I'm gonna be doing. We could do a little campaign. I don't know, man, I'm just saying it. Maybe maybe, maybe, just maybe you guys can just migrate your characters over.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's funny, man. I'm I'm excited about doing some more twice born.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely that that's that's gonna be pedal to the metal like that. You know that is gonna be going really hard. I've been working on that.
Speaker 5: Like you'll always you'll always have us to be able to amplify that and you know, promote that and talk about that to people, and you know, yeah, it's like some sort of vehicle to just like get people aware of it. And you know, obviously like this is a platform or if you ever want to talk about that or whatever you're working on. Still haven't even done the episode about Emily's album.
Speaker 3: We're yeah, and and by the way, I'm down to come on for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, sure have two chairs now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm absolutely still down to come on for that. Like, yeah, Emily's album, uh Colors is out now. Emily Holloway, I'm sure you've all listen to it at this point. I produced it. We've been working on it for two and a half years. If you haven't heard it, go listen to it.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Emily Halloway.
Speaker 5: Teddy loves the song that he's on. Of course, he just listens to it over and over and over.
Speaker 3: And that happened. That happens so well, well, I'll save it for her episode, but that was definitely was very spontaneous. He just like ran in and we were like, oh, Teddy's here, and the mic was hot and I was like and it just all happened organically, but yeah, we'll cover that in an episode. I would like to if possible, like the next time you guys do a discord live, like I could do it like a little send off of that as well, like.
Speaker 5: If you want, Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 3: I would love to do that. It sounds great because it's.
Speaker 5: Like we're still going to do those.
Speaker 3: If I would love to have my final discord, I don't want it, just like i'd love to.
Speaker 5: Dude, you don't like, yeah, if you want.
Speaker 3: To do it, yeah, yeah, I would love to. So, yeah, was not a problem. We'll figure out when that's happening. And I want to be there to talk to everybody, and you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, you're like gonna be old Uncle Nick that lives in the garage now.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, or like the stoner uncle that that's always like blasting metal music loud and like yeah, you're just like, yeah, you can go talk to him whenever you want, but don't stay too long. Your brain will start to rot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might start asking for money. I need some cigarettes.
Speaker 3: I need money for cigarettes and booze, go tell your mom to get me some.
Speaker 5: Anything we missed anything? I mean, I think we pretty much hit everything important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I think that's it. That's that's most of it. I love you guys, love you too, and I'm so.
Speaker 5: I love you too. That thing way, man, you don't need that kill. I don't need it every time, every time I Alex talks. The reason there's a delay is because he has to bring his my phone down and then he has to click a button that activates it. I'm done with it. You don't need it anymore or no. What he's been promoted, right, He's literally been promoted to yourself a favor. I think it's official to say that that co host title is dissolved and Alex is a producer, which even though his role isn't the same, he's being promoted.
Speaker 3: Now, but he could be he producer slash co host.
Speaker 5: I don't think. I think I think it diminishes the value if his title changes. I think we could just say his title has now become more important co pro ho oh, I mean if that would make you happy?
Speaker 3: Man? You can you know what? Along with your promotion comes the ability to you can now you can now create your own.
Speaker 5: Title, sure the Emperor.
Speaker 3: For all I get is, do you want to be co pro ho.
Speaker 6: No, I want to think about that.
Speaker 3: Power is already going to his head.
Speaker 6: I'm going to use my vacation that i've been back on, but that i've been back by the time you're hearing this, to think about my new title, and then I might create a new LinkedIn.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, no, linked god hack. I mean, producer just got a lot more valuable.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, I love you too. I love you, and I love everybody who's listening and who supports the show. Continue to do so. I know you will, I know you will. I mean this this thing is is the best. I'm so proud of it. I'm yeah, I'm very grateful for this whole experience and the continued experiences will have. It'll just be a little different, but that's okay, man, Different is good. You know, it's good to change it up. Yeah, it's good to change it. Got to evolve, you know, follow your heart, follow your heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think true growth happens when you get uncomfortable, when you stretch, and you like just go face forward into fear and to discomfort and like, it's okay. I don't feel negative about it. I don't feel scared about it. I think it's okay to feel sad while also feeling positive. They don't have to conflict, you know what I mean, and like it is what it is. But yeah, yeah, I feel I feel okay about it. Like and when I say it, I mean, like just the future of the show, when it's gonna be, it's gonna be what it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So and it's gonna be great. It's going to continue to be great. I'm so grateful with this experience. I'm so grateful for you guys. I'm so grateful for the omies, everyone who listens, everyone who supports. So bye for now. I love you all. Be nice to each other, be kind to each other, follow your heart, and yeah, keep looking up, keep looking up, keep looking up like that. Yeah all right, well we got to do it, maybe for the last time for a while, not the last time ever. I'm gonna be back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, You'll be back.
Speaker 3: Don't get it twisted. Any of you out there are thinking I'm not gonna be back, You're wrong.
Speaker 5: You're like the old cia Vett who retires, but like you never permanently retired. They just kept every now thought I was out, and they pulled me back every now and then the Pentagon calls and they're like, hey, we need you.
Speaker 3: Like Rambo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, it's it's okay, man, it's it's all right. It's not the end. It's just a new beginning. Absolutely, so we're gonna hit him with it.
Speaker 3: For the last time for a while, not the last time ever, by god.
Speaker 1: Got weird things happened in the backyard and lets house shot so weird, kind of clustry, like smiring on the.
Speaker 3: Inside of it. No one else.
Speaker 8: Man, Wow, it's come for I've ever got sa Ain't happy