Speaker 1: You see something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What what's going to happen? I think?
Speaker 3: What help? Welcome to the Occult Rejects. This episode, I got Lisa, a cult reject mad scientist, joining me tonight. What is up, Lisa?
Speaker 1: How are you this fine going in to this conversation?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, it's been a while since we've kind of really done like a strictly paranormal show and finally got someone on that. I've had bookeds for a minute. I've been very much looking forward to this, and tonight we got Gina Black. Gina, what is up? Thank you so much for coming on the Occult Rejects tonight. I guess real quick if you don't mind, let everybody know kind of like what you're dear is what you do with the paranormal and all that and where they can find your stuff.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you, Thank you so much for having me. So. My name is Gina Black, and I am a paranormal investigator. I'm also a photographer, blogger, and I am working on a book about cemetery symbolism. I absolutely love learning about the history of sculpture and the hidden meetings that our ancestors were trying to hide for us to find. It's kind of like a fun treasure hunt, and I think that it's an interesting thing that I want to bring back into the conversation of modern times. So I absolutely I love visiting interesting, creepy, spooky places. I travel the world and I like to go to haunted locations as well as historic cemeteries. So you can find me on Instagram and TikTok at Chihans and you can check out my blog and my photos there.
Speaker 3: Listen, Thank you very much. You know, one thing I did want to ask, like, the cemetery is in graveyards? Did you think there was actually like I would assume maybe because what you're trying to explain, like to symbolism, do you think it's like a cult symbolism.
Speaker 2: It can be, It absolutely can be. There are some I would say, hidden symbolisms that could absolutely, you know, fall under the occult umbrella. I would say more of it that we see in our modern cemeteries is from the Victorian era. And during the Victorian era there was this really big shift in really focusing on hidden meanings, and there's just a wealth of information that is waiting to be kind of rediscovered because over time less and less people would go to cemeteries. They kind of fell out of fashion, you know, even in the United States, you knows, as a society, we used to go to cemeteries on Sundays after church and you would have a picnic with your family and you would sit and reminisce about your loved one. And then you know, the public parks were really pushed more to the forefront. Public parks were created, so people really weren't going to cemeteries anymore, and people it just kind of fell out of vogue, you know, And nowadays all of that is lost, and unless you're talking to an old timer or somebody who maybe is giving a cemetery tour, you might not even really realize what these hidden meetings are. So for me, it's just been a really cool journey to kind of decipher all of these little, you know, treasure hunts situations around the world. And I absolutely love it. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. Yeah, No, it definitely looks like it from the stuff I've seen your post. I just found that interesting. It's like, you know, even like the person's like on their way out the door, they're dead, and they're still dropping symbolism on their tombstone, like you can't stop. It's your final resting place. You still had to leave a symbol for something that's funny, and.
Speaker 2: A lot of people plan them out before they do the artwork planned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's to say, like a quote or something.
Speaker 3: Right, a real occult. This is going to make sure that gravestone has something on that. Oh yeah, what's some of the craziest places that you've you know what? Actually, you know, I'll bring this up first and then maybe that will kind of lead us into it. I did want to pull up some of the photos I did see you post on Instagram with some of the graveyards and cemeteries you've been to. I'm going to pull those up real quick. This one, this place, can you you can see it correct?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, that was in the Pierre la Chase Cemetery in Paris. It is most notably, I think a lot of people might know it because that's the final resting place of Jim Morrison. And when I was in Paris last summer, I was just you know, I went to Paris specifically for this cemetery and for the catacombs, and it is just an incredible property filled with amazing sculpture.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Jim morrisons, Yeah, yeah, this is pretty big. There was a lot of things like that. What made you go to this place was that one of the reasons why, like, is it Jim Morrison really.
Speaker 2: Or well someone who's an enthusiast of cemetery sculpture. Parella Chase is actually the most visited cemetery in the world. And it's an interesting place because there's just so many examples of cemetery symbolism. When you look at these monuments and you look at these sculptures and you look at the headstones, you'll see things like, you know, the wreath on the door just below where you were just you know, showing the wreath represents eternal life, the idea that life and death are kind of a encircling situation. It's just the beginning of what's coming next. And you see the different flowers, they all have different symbolisms. If you see onto the right there where there's the urn, it looks like covered in a veil. Basically, the when you see fabric draped over areas of a headstone or a mausleum, it represents the veil between life and death, and sometimes we're just beyond the veil from our loved one, and the momentumory of that is, hey, you know, this is where I am and so will you be one day. So it's a reminder of, you know, live life to the fullest. So you get these interesting, interesting motifs throughout the cemetery in that property in Paris.
Speaker 3: Something I want to ask, the silly question maybe I don't even know if you know the answer to it, is this like a predominantly Catholic cemetery.
Speaker 2: I would say so, I would say so, there's mostly mostly Catholic graves, but there are others that were Catholic. I actually witnessed a few that had There was a few that had skulls. There were a few that. Now the other thing is the direction of the graves. So in a Catholic plot, you are always going to face east. Now, if you see a grave or a plot that's facing another direction, that typically meant back in the Victorian times that you were either exiled from the church, or perhaps you were protesting against the church, or you were either accused of witchcraft or you were proclaiming you were which because people that faced the west were not aligned with the church. So that's another thing that's kind of interesting about that property. And you do see some of that.
Speaker 3: It's just like even like this stuff here, it's is constant things I've only seen. They find it interesting how it's always either on some Masonic buildings in Catholic churches, same architecture, this thing in the back. Yeah, that's why I asked it was Catholic, because I was like.
Speaker 2: If it's in the in the Birth of Venus painting, which was a famous painting. You know, I forget who the artist was, but you see that kind of iconic sculpture behind her. Yes, it's very similar. And you know they're mimicking the Romans. They're mimicking the ancient Greeks, and you see that a lot in the Victorian cemeteries. Is they were really looking at these romantic statues and they were taking that inspiration into the cemetery.
Speaker 3: I actually was looking. I don't I don't have a mean, I can't find it fast enough, but maybe later. I actually that photo that you talk about, I actually use that a lot to show how I think it's actually silly as it sounds, that painting is depicting the inside of.
Speaker 2: The arrival, inside of your eyeball.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll I'll see if I can try to pull it up later, maybe while you're talking, I can try to find Yeah, because I have, I can show you the comparison. It's yeah. Yeah. When we did it a cult, we did a series on occult symbolism it's all inside you head or something, and we focused on the eyeballs. Yeah. I do actually think that painting is, believe it or not, from the eyeball.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that and that's exactly why I think this art is on Catholic Catholic churches is because I think they actually understood the eyeball as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of the most of these sculptures. Back in the time of when they were making all of these sculptures, they were closeted anatomists in that they were digging up bodies and uh and doing I guess sisections on cadavers. They were obsessed with the anagomy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Leonardo da Vinci was actually one of the most prolific, uh you know, artists that also did a lot of dissections in his notebooks and did a lot of incredible work that was very much kind of hidden from time for you know, hundreds of years before it was rediscovered. It's very interesting.
Speaker 3: This one's wild. Where's this one that is.
Speaker 2: At the same property in Paris? And you're going to see that that reef that they're holding up, and that means not only does it mean eternity, doesn't mean life is a continuation death in life for the same thing, but it also in this case it's representing victory because they're holding it up. So the way I would interpret this culture is that this man who is on the top of the pedestal is someone who had you know, was victorious in life, made he was a successful businessman, maybe he was a successful military person, and he wants to be recognized for these accomplishments. The wreath also depending on how you look at it, Some people look at reads as definitely going back to the Roman in ancient Greek times, because they would put a wreath on top of your head if you won the Olympics, or if you were a military person or royalty in Rome, you would wear a wreath on top of your head, So that could also play into the symbolism. But what I found so impressive about this particular sculpture that when I took this photo is this is all bronze. This is an absolute incredible sculpture that, in my opinion, is worthy of being in a museum somewhere, and you're just going to see it in a park like setting, and it's just an interesting part of the cultural history that's in the background of Paris. Because when you think of Paris, you think, oh, I'm going to go to the Eiffel Tower, I'm going to go to the Louver, I'm going to go to all these places. But you don't think to go to the cemetery unless you're spooky, like you know some of us are. But there is a huge, huge amount of wealth in this cemetery of all types of artwork, and it's, in my opinion, one of the best I've ever seen. I'm selling it. I don't work for the cemetery guys, because I absolutely I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering if a lot of the stuff I got is actually from that one spot, because it all those kind of look like the same type of this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the next one, Okay, this one is actually from New Orleans. Yes, this one was from New Orleans and the military Cemetery and this is a lot of people think to go just immediately to Lafayette Number one or Lafayette number two, which are within the city limits kind of the downtown area, very close to the Garden district. But this one is just outside of the city proper. And this place was recommended to me by a friend who lives in the area, and she said, listen, you love sculpture, you got to go to this place because there are some incredible examples of mausoleums. Because in New Orleans most people are buried above ground because they're below sea level, So you're going to see a lot of crips, and you're going to see a lot of these beautiful mausoleums. So this particular one, when I was on the property, I walked up to it just wanting to get a closer look of this beautiful stained glass window. And lo and behold, the doors were open, so we got to step inside and we got to see the glass a little closer. It was a really nice experience.
Speaker 3: Did you happen to notice on the glass, like depending on which way you angle that, like looked at the light, might have seen different etching in there.
Speaker 2: I actually took a close up of this, which was the second photo in that series, and I didn't really notice anything at the time, but you know, with all art, there's room for interpretation, and I certainly think that depending on you know, there it is, so you got it, Yes, absolutely, you can look get this. You know, perhaps as we have the top area looks kind of like a sun that might represent in a lot of imagery, the sun represents Jesus Christ because he's considered the son of God, so that could be some symbolism there. There might even be some crucifixes in there if you look closely, some flowers. When you're looking at art, and there's a lot of flowers, and there's a lot of Christian images with the flowers. I learned actually that there is a flower that it comes up a lot in Christian art known as the Passion flower or the you know, kind of link to the passion of Christ, and that particular flower comes up a lot within paintings of Bible scenes and it represents Jesus and the Holy Trinity, so that could be part of it. But there are some interesting colors in this one which you normally do not find in mausoleum. So this one definitely stood out from the crowd. Then, of course this was designed for the Mezierri. I might not be pronouncing that correctly Mezierri uh. And it's in New Orleans either Metri perhaps Metri along those signs. Ooh, this one. This is a cool spot that I absolutely loved. So I have this funny thing that happens, and I swear it's not something I plan. But whenever I travel, I always get Airbnbs because a lot of times I might be staying for a week to two weeks. And in this particular trip, I was in London and I was staying in an area, a suburb of London known as Hempstead, and this is the Hempstead Cemetery. Now it's not considered if you've ever heard of the Marvelous Seven, which are the seven very famous properties of London, this is not considered one. However, it has some incredible sculpture. And what I thought was kind of interesting during my research was the Hempstead Cemetery was kind of mentioned in some articles about the Highgate Cemetery Vampire, which is not far away, and there was a lot of kind of interesting information that was shared in these publications that kind of scared the community into thinking that there were vampires in the nineteen seventies. So it was a pretty interesting time. And this particular property was about one block from where I was staying, and it was it just had some really really really cool sculpture in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it looks thinks pretty cool. Right.
Speaker 2: So this was also that same property that I mentioned before from New Orleans. And you can see just the incredible details and the just the scale of how these mausoleums are designed is truly truly, truly just you know, very inspiring. And you'll see on this one we have Gothic elements from Gothic churches. There's also some ancient Greek elements with the Corinthian style columns. You'll see those a lot in ancient Greece and Rome. And you see just these beautiful, beautiful, tiny details that were all hand carved, because none of these were cookie cutter in any way. The family had to commission an artist to come and sculpt these pieces.
Speaker 1: These particular mausoleums, they remind me of a birth canal, like almost like you come into this world in a birth canal, you exited out.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's really interesting. Me, that's the idea of life and day. That's the cycle of life. That's very interesting. I really like that.
Speaker 3: And then this one.
Speaker 2: Also in New Orleans. This one, you know, you can see that there's you know, we we have the angel up top. The angels are always a representation of messengers from God, and in some cases, when the angel is looking down over that the this these persons plot, this might mean that they're being looked after or they're being watched over from heaven. And you know, it's just that I always personally love to find cemetery angels. It's actually, you know, for me, whenever I see one, I always have to photograph them, and it's they're just they have such a presence, you know, it's just a peaceful watcher kind of presence in a cemetery that I always really really care for. Oh yeah, yeah, this is This is also in New Orleans. I really love this one as well. And now a fun fact is the Victorian era was very very into the ancient Egyptian artwork. And around that time, you know, during the eighteen hundreds, there was a lot of excavations going on of tombs and we had all this information coming out about explorers finding riches and you know, pyramids and all of this was in the forefront in the papers, and it became fascinating for the Victorians. So you see a lot of that in cemeteries. You might see a sphinx, you might see a pyramid. But this one they really went all out. And you have up top here with the wings and that circular element that represents the sun god raw and I think that the female figure on the left is some sort of goddess. I'm not exactly sure who, but you know, certainly someone who's welcoming the spirits into the afterlife, you know, by kind of raising that hand, you know, kind of bringing them to the afterlife. Is kind of the way I read that statue. But absolutely incredible detail.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, I think so, yeah, sorry controm here, That's why I'm assuming it's the same one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the same property. I usually do them in series in a series, so if I visit a property, I'll kind of release them all around the same time. But yes, this is also New Orleans, and this certainly had a lot of Catholic imagery on this one, and you know it's I just I absolutely love to see when you see these figures draped in cloaks and shrouds. It's just a beautiful you know, the way that they hug the body is a very interesting thing in sculpture and it's very hard to do as an artist. I'm also a painter and I draw, and when when you're drawing fabric like that, I can't even imagine sculpting fabric like that. It's so difficult to make it look natural. And these it's just a beautiful example of one.
Speaker 3: Was that I show this one earlier?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, that's the one with the eas stained glass. Okay, so this is one that was taken in the Highgate Cemetery in London. Highgate is the very samous famous cemetery, and I had mentioned before there was a vampire panic. I think it was actually the nineteen sixty eight, it was nineteen seventies. I think it was nineteen sixty eight was the vampire panic. But it happened in this property and people actually thought there were vampires sleeping and hiding away in this in this cemetery, which is pretty interesting. As you know, it's local lore goes, it's it's pretty wild and it was something that the local papers were actually publishing and people on talk shows were actually putting out there to the public. So it was a big panic.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, and when was that again, I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 2: Just gonna double check here. I want to say it was nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Let me see, that's very recent.
Speaker 2: It was very recent, and people really thought that there were vampires.
Speaker 3: Lansdale was behind that. It's quite dead, right. What happened I was joking about. There was this guy who worked for the CIA. His last name was Lansdale, and he went over to the Philippines and actually had people out in the woods thinking that there was vampires killing people because they were hanging people from the trees and like stabbing them in the neck. Oh yeah, they're trying to like literally scare people, the Filipino people that they thought might have been like horroring communists. So they're like literally made people think that there was a vampires out there. And then they were flying around in helicopters like sending like like messages out sounding it was like ghosts and making it sound like the very easy Yeah yeah, and the people people started believing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm sorry, So this was actually it's saying nineteen seventies. I knew was the end of the It's his late sixties, early seventies. So it wasn't that in that time, in that time era of the the vampires of this property. Sorry, I just wanted to make sure I got that close.
Speaker 5: Very recent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was, and it was in occult society. And they were hanging out in the cemetery and they claimed to see a vampire walking around. And they sat down and they were interviewed, and all these people were listening to these two guys, and they were saying, oh I saw a vampire, and oh I saw it too, And they claimed that they were finding animals in the cemetery drained of all of their blood. And they wiled up, when I tell you, mobs of people, okay, came into the cemetery and where they were taking graves. They were opening up vaults in their catacomb area where they had caskets, you know, kind of like a you know, in a in a wall, and they were ripping open these these caskets and staking the bodies inside. And this was the late sixties, early seventies. They went on and in London, of all places, is.
Speaker 1: This a promise for an interview with the Vampire.
Speaker 2: No, it's not actually, but it's interesting. I thought it was kind of cool because you know, now we have nos Faratu and everybody that's back on the you know, on everyone's radar because they did the remake, and you know, then we have this story, this local story that really kind of riled people up and had people in a panic.
Speaker 1: Do you im want to ask one more question? I apologize. Do you happen to know what a Cold Society was?
Speaker 2: It was? I know the guy's name was Sean Manchester and I believe the other guy's name was I'll find it for you. I can send you can I send? I can't send something to the chat. I don't know if I'm able to do that.
Speaker 3: So you might be able to send like a link in the private jet and I could pick that up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: It's so interesting though, and it was so recent.
Speaker 2: It was so recent people the name of a British occult society. So the British Occult Society. It was Seawan ment Chester and David Farrant were the two guys that were in the British Occult Society. And what happened was they there was some vandalism the day after Halloween in the cemetery, right, So what do you think that would be if you saw if you went to the cemetery the day after Halloween, what would be your first thought? Kids maybe hanging out on Halloween?
Speaker 3: Right, Like maybe the night before Halloween and Halloween. You got two days of stuff going on in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So instead of you know, kids being kids and taking it to where it should have been, this occult society starts claiming that they're seeing dark figures walking around in the cemetery. And they took an interview with the Hempstead Press, and they took an interview with you know, various other publications. They get on TV. Everybody's putting microphones in their face and they are just telling these tall tales and they're freaking everybody out. So it, you know, it's an interesting thing. And if you go to this property today, So I took of course, I had to take the tour because you know, I am who I am, and I wanted to talk to a guide and you know, find out all the hidden information. And what's wild is you know, there are still some areas of the cemetery to this day that are damaged from that time of all of the riots and the people that came in and vandalized thinking that they were looking for vampires. So it's it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh, real quick if you don't mind. Actually, I'll show this real little fast just to get this over with. I don't know how easily they I'll see it.
Speaker 2: But oh interesting, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like even the thing is too like under that round part like kind of where like the real tip of the eye, I mean that's water as well, and then the back of the eye has like flood so I mean there's even water on that, you know, even water the seashell. Do you think it's quite.
Speaker 2: Possible that's there's interesting parallels for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now some of the symbolism and then we'll get into like some of your experiences. But like, isn't there a I know, there was something you're talking about with the crown on your own Instagram thing. Maybe you want to get into that, maybe a couple of the things that you've picked up on on symbolism for graveyards and smeteries.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, So the crown, A lot of people think, you know, when you see a crown on a grave that it instant means royalty, but a lot of people believe that it is a follower of God, and if you follow Christianity, it's said that as long as you're faithful and you believe in God, you will have a place in heaven. You will be brought into the afterlife, into heaven, and you will receive your place in heaven when you pass, and therefore you will be part of that royal afterlife with the crown. So that's pretty interesting, and it kind of also looks if you kind of dissect it, it means someone who really lived a life without sin, someone who lived in a way that was holy. So you're kind of looking at victory against you know, victory against death, victory against sin, someone who kept a very straight and narrow So that's typically what the crown represents. Now, you can find the crown in other ways too. You might find it on an angel, And of course the angels are considered messengers from God. They're considered spirit guides or people, you know, entities that come down to bring the deceased to heaven. If you see one with a crown, that might just be that, you know, along the same lines that they're members of heaven. I've also seen it the crown with a snake, and in certain Greek cultures and Roman cultures, snakes are not bad. They're not considered, you know, the negative bad guy, and a lot of ancient texts, snakes were also considered healers. And you know, so if you might also see if someone's Greek Orthodox or someone is you know, Roman Catholic, you might see a snake with the crown, and that meant just somebody who was healed by Christ or someone who perhaps was a very holy person and they gave that they kind of lived that lifestyle and affected others in a positive way.
Speaker 3: You know, something that's making me think about And I'm not saying it's necessarily this because this is like taking into possibly conspiratorial or it could be true. I think it was recently somebody on my show or is in the chat, was talking about I think it was on the show, like eagle and snake symbolism and how it's kind of like two different bloodlines sometimes of a family. So I'm wondering, like if there is actually snake symbolism on the stuff where that somehow go along with that, if that whole idea is even true.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, a lot of you know, people look at the snake as being part of the underworld or actually, in truth be told in the Bible, a lot of people look at snakes as being the devil, because the devil took on a form that could enter the garden of Eden and tempt Eve to eat the apple. It was the snake that told her to eat the apple. Therefore, the snake was the devil, enticing her to commit sin. And a lot of texts in the Bible will look at the snake in a very negative way, but certain areas of Christianity don't. And it's just interesting. I don't know, you know, for me personally, I like snakes. I think snakes are pretty interesting. I think they're really cool looking. I have a friend that has the snake. But you know, it's everybody feels the way they feel about it. That's, you know, their own supposed.
Speaker 1: In Latin America, they were revered, I pre pre Columbate, pre Columbus or whatever. But most of the indigenous religions or belief systems revered. They believe that that was it meant life, it meant you know, connection to you know, all of the dimensions or whatever, and so I've heard, and this wasn't on the show that you said, Nick, but I had heard, but in relation to the eagle, that the symbolism of the egle and the snake was Christianity conquering the Indigenous because Christianity was the eagle or the kind of the eagle, and then the serpent was the feathered serpent of the belief system of the Indigenous. So I don't know, it's just things that you hear, right.
Speaker 2: And I didn't. I've never heard that, but I could see it making sense.
Speaker 3: What about any other things that like you've come across that you've noticed, like common common?
Speaker 2: So I think one of the most common that I see a lot of which I absolutely love and I seek them out. I think they're really beautiful, is the weeping willow. So in a lot of Victorian properties, you're going to see the weeping willow, which is a tree that if you can picture, it has a very large trunk and it has just these beautiful kind of hanging branches that sway in the wind. You see them a lot in the South. Now, the weeping willow is an interesting symbolism. So the willow tree that is a tree that represents eternal life. But the weeping willow really took on a symbolism of its own during the Victorian times because women would wear veils, right, So if someone in your family, let's say your husband passed away, you would be expected to wear a veil in mourning. And these women were required to wear that veil in public for a very long period of time, and they wanted to be seen around town as someone who was in mourning. And a lot of people can kind of compared the likeness of the veil of the woman in mourning to that of the weeping willows branches. And another kind of symbolism too, is during funerals. Of course, you know, if you're exhibiting signs of mourning, you might be crying, and if you see the tears, you know, streaming down someone's face, it might look similar to the branches of a willow and all the tiny little leaves that kind of hang from them. So it just became kind of really a very popular motif to see on a headstone. And you also see them in some cases, and I have seen them a lot in the South on cemetery gates. You'll also see them on whether it's a cemetery gate for the whole property, or a gate around a plot. It's a very common image that you might find.
Speaker 3: I have the lookout for that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: One never really noticed the leaping role. Interesting, all right, So what about someone? Now, I guess maybe some of your experiences. Did you do anything recently did you have fun with?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So recently I went with my paranormal team. We met up with another paranormal team. So my team is called Afterlife All Stars, and we're in the Fort Lauderdale, Miami area in South Florida, and we met up with another team from up north known as Panormal five to four and we joined those guys for an investigation of the Old Hamilton Jail. And the Old Hamilton Jail is in North Florida. It's basically on the Florida Georgia line and it is just this really interesting old jail and we had just an incredible investigation. It was a really interesting night. As we got there, it started raining and it just rained and rained and rained, and this old jail just got flooded. And we continued to investigate and we were kind of like dealing with all of this, but we had a really great time, and you mentioned earlier off before we went on air about the SLS camera, and the SLS camera is a favorite of mine. It is a camera that basically you see it a lot on the ghost hunting shows, and it's that camera if you picture it. It's on a tablet and it's attached to a little mechanism very similar to what you see on an Xbox. And what it's doing is it's mapping movement. So if you were, let's say, playing Xbox and you were doing like a tennis game and you were pretending to hit the tennis racket to get the ball, it's mapping your movement so that it can bring that movement into the game. So what they noticed when they were using this technology that it might map things in the room that aren't supposed to be there, movement in the room, figures in the room that aren't necessarily in the room. So ghost hunters took this on a tablet and they started using it out investigations. I don't know who was the first to use it. I remember seeing it on shows like Ghost Adventures. But basically now you can get it at a lot of different ghost hunting stores and you can have this tablet and you can use it, and it doesn't matter if it's a pitch dark room. You can use it low light. And sometimes it picks up figures, so you'll see a full stick and dot figure on your camera, and in some cases like mine at the jail, you can interact with it. And that's where it gets interesting because if you start interacting with this stick figure, then it kind of feels more tangible as something that could be paranormal. So in our case, we were kind of checking out the upstairs area where they had all the jail cells, and one of my investigators was inside the jail cell next to a bed, a bunk bed, and a little figure appeared on the camera. It appeared like it was crouched inside the bunk. So she reaches her hand out as if to touch it, and you see this thing just kind of punching and kicking. It really didn't want her anywhere near it, and then when she backed away, it backed away, and it was just such an interesting interaction and it went on for over a minute until all of a sudden it just disappeared. Now you might say that that's okay, maybe that's paranormal, Gina, I don't know, maybe it is maybe it isn't. But in addition to my SOLS camera, there was another investigator with me on another SOLS camera and he picked it up too, So we had two different cameras picking up this figure in a dark jail cell. And it was just it was really incredible. It really was.
Speaker 3: And so you need to have that, yeah, to like, like want to verify the other one that is interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was cool. It was really fun.
Speaker 3: Even if it's like I would say, at least it calibrated the same.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: The thing is what it does is if you've ever if you have you used one of these before, are you familiar with them? They mapped the whole room, so you're gonna see little blips of like, let's say, if you put it in your living room, you'll see a little blip around the couch, You'll see a little blip on the chairs. But if you see a full stick figure moving around, that's not normal. And then sometimes if you get close to it, it might disappear. Maybe that's nothing. But if you start interacting with it and you say something like okay, raise your right arm, and it raises its right arm, Okay, come over and give me a high five and you get a high five. You know that's normally. Oh yeah, we interact with it. We'll try to reach out and see if it touches us, and we'll say, okay, if you're a spirit in the room, can you can you walk closer to me and the spirit might you know, the little stick and dot figure might move closer. So if you start acting asking questions and you get these intelligent responses, whether they be you know, however on your equipment, it's it's just an interesting thing. And as far as my research goes, I think the SLS camera is worth every penny. And I've been using it a lot more recently and I just have nothing but nice things to say about it. I think it's really cool and if you get a chance to try one in a haunted location, it might really open your eyes to what's there.
Speaker 5: That is fascinating.
Speaker 3: No, I do find them very interesting. Yeah. The only thing that I think there's a reason Whiting. There's a couple of reasons Whiting get it put. Do they make them yet to where they actually will record?
Speaker 2: You can?
Speaker 3: But the problem is when it shuts off, it doesn't stay right.
Speaker 2: Well, what it is is it really eats the battery of the tablet, So we usually just record the screen and and that is, as far as I understand, pretty much a problem across all brands. It's just it's just something with the software and it just really eats through the battery on the tablet, and if you record, it goes even faster. So we tend to just record on another device.
Speaker 3: All right, I think I was told a different reason why, But I get that that makes sense. Yeah, can take up a lot of a lot of battery.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, would you get any other experiences at that same place besides that?
Speaker 2: So I had an interesting experience in the solitary confinement. And so what happened was we had, you know, a bunch of investigators and they were in the main jail area. So we were kind of we kind of took over the kitchen space as our kind of like centers. We had our equipment, you know, there was some you know, camera set up and other things, and the solitary was in another building. So what I did was I brought my recorder, I went into solitary and I just stood there. I didn't ask any questions, I didn't move, I just stood still. And when I tell you, the only sound that you can hear was just the rain falling outside. There was no nothing. When you're in the middle of nowhere in Jasper, it's just, you know, rural. And so I was in there for I would say about maybe ten fifteen minutes. And now I am very honest on my investigations. I don't get scared very easily. I do not. I'm I'm one of those people. I freeze. I don't run, I freeze. So in this situation, my heart was beating out of my chest. I'm just I just felt like there was something negative around me. I kept looking over my shoulder because I kept feeling like there was something in the room. And as soon as my time was up, I bolted right. So I bring my reporter back to our nerve center and we listened to it and there was just some very inaudible growling sounds going on and kind of like grunting. And this was, as I mentioned, otherwise silent other than rain drops outside. So it was it was a very controlled space, no extra noise, nobody else in the room, and it certainly wasn't me, and that truly kind of freaked me out because I knew that there was no sounds in there, but I was feeling I felt as if my body the antenna was noticing like a pulse in the air, as if I wasn't alone, and that intuition that somebody's behind you. I kept getting it, So that was pretty interesting. And then the last thing that we did that was really wild was before we ended the night, because you know, the rain was just getting bad. It was really flooding in this jail. But before we left, we did what's known as an STA session, and in an s TO session, an investigator wears noise canceling headphones a blindfold. You can't see anybody in the room. This is essentially sensory.
Speaker 3: Deprivation, just like the God mask, but like a different version of it. It's like the God helmet. I think they call it the God helmet. I've seen other people do where it's like you basically like cunting, like cutting off all of your senses.
Speaker 2: So there's another experiment called the Gansfeld experiment. Maybe you might be thinking, that's what the what the what the red lights?
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 2: Hellia, No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: It was the thing they use it in that. I think maybe ghost of Benches might have used the ones.
Speaker 2: I think they do, but a lot of investigators, it's very popular, use the estest method, which is you have headphones on the headphones that are going to be plugged into a spirit box. You can't hear anything but the spirit box, and you're wearing a blindfold. The idea is, you speak if you're in this, if you're the one in the in the test subject, you speak what you hear through the spirit box. Right. Everyone else in the room quietly asks questions, and essentially the spirits speak through the spirit box through you. So in this situation, I'm in the jail cell. I'm in the same jail cell, by the way, as I was earlier talking about or we caught a figure kind of kicking and punching. I'm sitting on that bed. I'm sitting with another investigator to my side, and they were asking questions. I can't hear them. I'm just speaking what I hear through the spearitbox. But I'll tell you what freaked me out and what made me end that session was through the white noise of this spirit box. Okay, I heard my maiden name. Now, my maiden name is a name. I'm not going to say it, but it is very Italian and it's very uncommon. I've only I mean, in my lifetime, I maybe had two or three people say it correctly without me having to explain the pronunciation. And I heard my name clear as day spoken through the spirit box. And when I heard that, I took off the headphones and I said, sorry, guys, but I'm done because that was too much for me. And I've never experienced anything like that in my life. Oh my, it was very freaky. It was very, very, very freaky, and I used a lot of stage before I left that out properly. Outside of that, I was just outside, just with the sage, just you know, dancing in the smoke, because I did not want to bring any of that home with me.
Speaker 1: Do you think do you think the rain may have enhanced some of the ability to pick up on spirit? Can you how they say that water is a condo, is a good element or a good conduit.
Speaker 2: I think that absolutely it can be. And you're right, that is a common theory that water energizes spirit energy, and that's why a lot of times you hear of hauntings around bodies of water, and it's just something to do with the energy of the water kind of playing off the energy of the spirits and somehow maybe one energizes the other. Who knows, but I have heard that and absolutely it could have been the case. But it was just, you know, it was a very very strange night. And the other thing that we were talking with our friends that we were investigating with at ptern normal five to four is I guess normally a lot of guys investigate, but where my team is mostly women, and the people that were on this trip were all female, so we are not sure if maybe having a bunch of females in a prison might have had something to do with the actual aggressive activity. So maybe that had something to do with it too. I don't know, but it was. It was pretty wild.
Speaker 5: I'm just very fascinating.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And when you get when you talk about white noise, do you know what frequency it's at?
Speaker 2: So what I do? There's different ways that you can set a I don't know the exact frequency, but on a spirit box you can adjust either FM or AM, and you can adjust how fast the switching of channels is, so you can adjust forward or backward. So I usually do FM forward in a slower space something like between like one hundred and one fifty and sometimes I do am backward and I'll do that maybe around two hundred. But I know what you're saying, and there's some there are certainly some theories that say that certain frequencies are better for spirits to speak through. And actually one of my my the co founder of my paranormal team, his name is Tim Arnline. He's actually an investigator that's very interested in frequencies and he's been doing a lot of research on the side to experiment with different frequencies and how maybe some are amplified spirit activity over others. So currently we're kind of work shopping some experiments where we can test to see certain frequencies and how they might affect paranormal activity. But we really don't have it's just we, you know, we just started doing the experiments, so we don't really have too much to report as of right now. But it's very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. I think I think he's onto something. Y'all are onto something with the frequency as well. I think that's definitely key. It's almost like a better like we talked about water being a good medium. I think different frequencies have different better conductivity, like somebody sense.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent one hundred percent, and that's the thing we might not be able to tap fully into the spirit world because we're not on the same frequency. And you know, there's a lot of research to kind of look into what frequencies mean, how they're traveling through time, you know, and there it's just an untapped realm really, and we don't know the answers yet, which makes it so exciting. And I'm definitely just really excited to be part of a team where we have so many interesting minds working together to try new experiments, because you know, at the end of the day, we're trying to do research to find answers to prove the paranormal and it's just it's a really interesting field to be a part of.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, It's kind of like we talked about in the I series that when you look at the entire electromagnetic spectrum given off by the Sun, we only see point zero zero three percent of the entire spectrum. And so I wonder if that is even the case with audible, you know, hearing, like do we only hear a certain amount for the entire range that exists, or even perception like what we feel right, like in person, like how we feel like you said, you've felt somebody staring at you from behind or whatever like that. I mean, does that also have a range that we only feel a certain percentage of the entire range? So that's like with these frequencies, I mean you literally could be like, you know, not tapping into the full the full capacity of it. Yeah, that's very, very fascinating.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's what I find fascinating is we have so many people and I'm sure there are plenty of the legit people out there that claim to be you know, psychic or clairvoand all, you know, different sensitivities. And I do believe that many people are I think there are a lot of frauds, but I think that there are many people that naturally have a gift. And you hear it a lot. You know, certain psychics will be able to find people in the woods, or they'll be able to find a missing child or you know, recover a body. There's all kinds of interesting information that we're getting from these these psychics. And where are they getting their information from? Now? The thing is, you know, they say we use less than ten percent of our brains, so somehow these people are able to tap into a part of their brain that we probably have potential to use, but we can't, for whatever reason, access it. Now, I'm not saying in any way that I am sensitive. I don't believe that I am. However, by putting myself in these situations by having to listen, by going into a location and sitting quietly for hours waiting for a response on a spirit box or a recorder, I now am putting myself in a position in these places where I am listening, I am stopping what I'm doing. I have slowed the room down, and I am reading the room. So you become more in tune with yourself, and you come in more in tune with your environment. Now, on a regular day, we're going to be hearing all sorts of stimula. We're going to hear cars, running, cars, beeping, people talking, kids laughing, dogs barking, all that kind of stuff. But at night, when you're alone or you're in a small group and everyone's silent, you start to pick up on more things that you normally might not pick up on. And I think that that's interesting because you I think that I've become more in tune with that Over the years, and I think it's always been there and I think it's possible for anyone to pick up on that, but you just have to kind of put yourself in the headspace and that could be that could be the case with these people that have these gifts, these these psychic abilities to hear things or see things or get messages. And maybe it has something to do with frequencies. Maybe the people like you were mentioning earlier that have schizophrenia, maybe maybe there's some of those voices are not actually, you know, in their brain being made up. Maybe they're tuning in to some other etherol realm. Who knows, But I think it's an interesting thing to research. And I think that the more we research and the more we we listen, and the more we kind of, you know, have an open mind, maybe there'll be more answers eventually. And I just I just find that to be so fascinating.
Speaker 1: Too. I think you're right, you're training yourself. It's like somebody going through the process of learning what it sounds like, what it feels like, and whatever. And then the more time you spend with it, the more fine tune you're getting in the picking it up. That's very fascinating the way you look at it, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like one thing a lot of people say, and I've noticed this because we run investigations publicly. You know, we have people come to our local museum and we do fundraisers for the museum. We you know, host investigations, and one of the most common things that people will say when they are on an investigation is, oh, it feels heavy in here. Oh, I feel you know, this room feels a little different than that room. You're picking up on something in the air that you can't see. And I'm not saying all the time, but a lot of the times they feel that way in certain areas that are hotspots, and that person's never been to that location. So how did they walk into that room and say to me, I feel heavy in this room. This room has a heaviness to it without me telling them anything about it. So it's it's just an interesting thing that I think some people are more in tune with, and I think it's a possibility for everybody to really turn on if they're willing to.
Speaker 3: One thing I did want to ask because it's making me think about the the other mask that I've seen. Basically, like they kind of blindfold themselves and then they play I think white noise, and then if they start hearing things, they kind of like repeated or whatever, or people ask them questions and if they happen there's something they think they're hearing something, they'll repeat it. Because of the white noise and from other things I seen in the past, like the Gateway Project that is a you know, it was like a series of tapes that was made that supposedly helped people have out of by the experiences. You know, I guess it was interesting enough for the government to put people into into the place to try the stuff out and see what happens, and you know a lot of it, the white noise and all that stuff. The way it works is that it starts like Homi sinking your brain, and I'll put you into like kind of like me, possibly a different state to start doing other things. Long story short, the reason why I'm getting into all this stuff is that I do believe in a sense this is just me. I think sometimes with paranormal activity it can be actually done by your person and it's maybe not actually a haunting. But now what I'm getting at is like if that's possible, if you're using these toys when you're trying to do a paranoral you know, trying to look for paranormal activity. Could you be producing it yourself.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. And there's actually an experiment I believe that came out of Canada and in the I think it's called the Philip experiment. And the idea was that they were they created an entity and they gave it a name, and they all started asking questions and experimenting, and all these investigators kind of came together under the idea that they were speaking to an entity called Philip, and you know, all of these things started happening and there was never a ghost. It was all made up. And certainly there is something to be said with if you put your mind to something, maybe your mind, can you know the power of suggestion? I absolutely believe in that. I think that that is absolutely something that could exist in something that could happen. But the thing is, when you're on an investigation, you're there's going to be things that happen. There might be like you mentioned earlier, when you had your EMF reader and you were getting readings, you know that could be paranormal. It might not be paranormal, but it was when things start happening in a succession. So now your EMF reader goes off, there's no electronic devices. Everyone has their cell phones on airplane mode. And then you get a spike on on your rempod, which is measuring the readings in the room. You're getting a spike on that. Then you see your spirit box start saying intelligent responses. Now, someone in the chat earlier asked about spirit boxes, and a lot of times they're just spinning out nonsense. They are ninety percent of the time it's nonsense. But when you start getting intelligent words coming through or phrases, and you're getting these other things happening as well, perhaps if you look at it in that sense, you're experiencing a multifaceted experience. You know, I don't want to just see an EMF reader go off and say, oh, it's a ghost. But if the em reader, you have, EMF, the rampod, my recorder, the spear box are all happening in tandem, maybe there's something there, and that's when my interest will be piqued to continue to ask questions in that moment and maybe ask the right questions, maybe ask a few a series of questions that is more concentrated in that space. So I found that when you start collecting all of those things together that the experience becomes more tangible for me. So I do think that in certain cases, it's absolutely possible for an investigator to maybe read something the wrong way. There might be a false positive. It's something you really want. So when you get something, you think that's what it is, but it's you know, you have to keep an open mind, and you do have to keep some healthy skepticism about you. But sometimes not all the time you will have that perfect moment where everything starts coming together. Now, I would say on average, because I only post those thirty seconds. If I'm on my Instagram and i want to show you my investigation of the jail, I'm just going to post that one minute video. I'm just going to post the thirty seconds that I caught on the recorder. But what you don't see is the eight hours that I spent there and nothing was happening. And that's what happens on these investigations. That that's the reality. And you know, there are certain shows that were canceled because they're honest and they show it's not all blinking lights. It's not all ghosts coming out of the woodwork and running after you. It's mostly silent and once in a while you get a little blip of activity. But when all of those things are considered together and there's some intelligence involved, that's when it's really interesting. Sorry, it was maybe a really round about answer to that, but.
Speaker 3: That's good. Uh, all right, Yeah, I was just I just wanted to know about that because I I don't know, I've some of the reasons why I even got the paranormal equipment is because at one point, I do think it could be possible to show like somebody like having magical experiences with that stuff. So I do just wonder like, if you know, we could sometimes create some of the owner of it, you know who when I go into I'm sure you got another story too, another place.
Speaker 2: Absolutely story, But I mean, you know, my my favorite story I'd like to share is just a wholesome one. So I went to a couple of years ago the Currel Whaed House in Savannah, and if anybody out there is familiar with that, there's a couple of uh there's a couple of things that were filmed there. Most famously, if you've seen Forrest Gump and there's that scene where he's sitting in the park and there's a feather that's dropped from the top of a house. That was the Currel Wheat House. But when it comes to the spooky legends of that place, it was covered on a bunch of TV shows. I know it was on Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters. But the long story short of it, it was a really creepy home and it started out as a war barracks and then they built a mansion on top of old war barracks and the family that landed up there was the Surrell family, and the man in the house was having a affair, probably not you know, something that the woman who he was having an affair with wanted. It was a woman that was enslaved, and so he was, you know, messing around with her, and his wife taught them. His wife walked up to the top of the roof, the very roof where they dropped that feather from, you know, the Forest Gump scene, and she took her life. The very next day, the woman, the enslaved woman who the husband was having an affair with, probably against her will, was found hanging in her quarters. So it is very dark. It's a very dark property. People goestun there all the time. The place actually hosts paranormal investigations which I took took part of, and so basically they let you, you know, you investigate in various areas of the house. And my husband and I were with another couple and we went around the entire property. No activity, nothing. We were in the basement where there were supposedly medical experiments done, you know by the father. No activity upstairs in the parlor, nothing nothing. We go up to the carriage house, which was the living quarters for the enslaved people, and this was our last stop of the night. And the caretaker, the woman who was you know, hosting the event, she as she was bringing us up there, she said, hey, guys, you know, this space is not a dark one. Even though some people died here, this space was their happiest space. This was when they had a long day at work and they you know, had a rough time. They would come back to their living quarters and they would sing, they would make dinner, they would have a nice time with one another. So please, you know, keep it light in here, right, she said, just keep it light. So you know, I thought it might be a fun idea since you know, she had mentioned that they liked to sing and they like to, you know, do music up there. My husband's a musician, so I said, hey, maybe would you like to sing something? Maybe they might like it, Maybe it might you know, be a trigger to get some conversation. So my husband, of course, I put him on the spot and recording him and I have a spirit box and I asked him, I said, you don't why don't you sing? Because it's always my request, Why don't you sing blue Swede shoes? Right, it's my favorite song in these things. So he sang blue Swede Shoes and almost immediately you hear a female voice come through the spirit box, and it sweeped over several stations. It was just as if somebody was singing along with him. And then there was a gruff old man that kind of came through and it says, I don't trust him. And then in a younger spirit maybe a young kid, I'm not sure if it was boy or girl said he's okay, and then we heard the humming again. Now, for me, this was such a cool experience because we were doing something that kind of brought maybe these spirits together. Maybe they enjoyed singing in their lifetime and that was something that you know, is a good part of their day, and we interacted with them in that sense. Now I've never had that ever happen again on any other investigation, but it was a really profound moment, and I think that we did interact with the people that formerly lived there, and I do think that there are some spirits still hanging around. So it was really nice.
Speaker 3: Nice. Is that Is that your favorite one overall?
Speaker 2: I don't have a favorite. I really it's hard, but I just I love that location just because you know, it's it wasn't a scary interaction. You know, I've been I've had all kinds of scary interactions, but that one was sweet. It was kind of pleasant, you know, and I just thought it was interesting that we caught it all and you know, it wasn't a negative thing at all. But I've had some really scary moments on investigations.
Speaker 3: But I was going to ask you about that if you want to go into maybe one of those, like what was the most scariest one of them?
Speaker 2: So one of the scariest was I had I had something follow me home once that was pretty scary.
Speaker 1: I was just going to ask if you had ever had anything follow you home, but I was like, no, don't ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not yet.
Speaker 3: And the next week one does you'd feel so bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. I was like, I like spoke it, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I think that when it happened to me, it wasn't a negative thing. I think it was just accidental. I don't think the person meant to do it. I think they just didn't know where they were. But basically, long story short, I was investigating a property that I always investigate that I've been maybe a hundred times, and there was a new exhibit on display in the museum. And this exhibit was for the local railroad, so there was all kinds of artifacts and information that was on display. And when my team went in there, we were doing some investigating, I started feeling a vibration on my stomach. Now, the best way I could describe it is if you had your phone kind of tucked in your jeens and it was vibrating a little bit. It kind of felt like that, and I thought at first that my phone was in my waistband, but it wasn't, so I thought Oh, it's such a little strange, you know. And then I would say, maybe twenty minutes later, one of the other investigators was saying, oh, that's weird. I felt like I had a vibrating on my arm, and I'm like, oh, you know, I just I felt that on my stomach. Just now, that's kind of interesting, you know. And we both picked up on that, and for that whole night, we kind of felt like we were getting a lot of interactions from a male voice. There was male voices coming through our portal device, there was male voices coming through the spirit box. There was a male voice caught on the recorder, and it was just uncharacteristic for that location. But I digress. Now. At the end of the night, I left, I went home, and my husband and I went to bed. At some point in the middle of the night, I had a dream and in my dream, I woke up in my room and I felt like there was someone in the room. And it was very vivid, you know, a very lucid dream. And I'm looking around the room and I'm going, there's someone here, there's someone here. I look over at my husband, he's sleeping. I get out of the bed and I look right on the floor next to my husband's side of the bed, and I see a man crouch down, like he's on all fours and he's crouched. He's looking up at me. He's got a bald head, I would say, like late forties, early fifties. He was covered in sweat, and his clothing looked like as if somebody worked on the railroad, possibly white or light colored clothing, but covered in dirt. And he was sweating, and he just looked really freaked out. And in this dream, I couldn't get the words out, but I wanted to say, get out, you know, but in your dream maybe sometimes you can't get those things out. And I woke up in real life. So I wake up in my bed. Of course I look over at my husband. He's sleeping, and this aroma comes over me right smell what smells like body odor? Okay, it's kind of gross. And of course I don't think it's me because I showered before bed. My husband showered before a bed. But I checked my pits. I had reached over and I, you know, checked him out to see him smell bad. It's not us. We don't keep our laundry in our bedroom. Either, so I didn't think that was the source of it. But almost as immediately as I smelled it, it was gone. Now I have to get up and investigate, because now my heart's beating like crazy. I have this sense that there's somebody in my house. I'm freaking out. I searched my whole house. I don't find any reason for it, and I can't find any source of the smell. But I had smelled body odor and then it was gone. And in some cases with paranormal stuff, you might catch what they call phantom smells or phantom fragrances, and it would match up with the dream that I just had, you know, because I saw a man and he was profusely sweating and he looked dirty. So I'm not sure. But the next day, you know, in the morning, when we're up and you know, everything was cool, I did stage my whole house and I opened every window and door, and I, you know, basically said, hey, sorry if I took you home, but I don't want to keep you here. And I've never had a problem since. But it was really freaky, and I don't know if it was just a dream. It seemed really odd to just be a dream. With that strange smell that was there one second and gone the next. So I don't know, but it certainly freaked me out.
Speaker 1: Gina. Have you I mean it sounds like you do mainly like houses, you know, like actual establishments. Do you ever do objects?
Speaker 2: I have? I have. I have done some objects. I've I started collecting all the all sorts of old things, dolls, jewelry, photos, and I have had some interesting interactions with some of them, and I got some interesting responses on my equipment when I viewed some of these these objects, and I would say, you know, objects, A lot of objects are in certain places, so that's kind of a hard one I've done. I've investigated Robert the Doll in Key West, which is in a museum.
Speaker 1: You yeah, you went down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's a crazy story. And I don't know if people are going to like what I have to say about it, because when I talked about it on my Instagram, a lot of people went went a little crazy. But the have you heard of the story?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I went to such him. I lived in the in the Keys for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh you did, Okay, so you probably heard this. The that the museum asks people to take to ask permission before you take a photo. You've heard that they recently changed the policy. They don't want anyone to ask permission anymore. And that broke the internet because everyone wanted to come out and fight with me about it. And I was there in November and I was on the tour. I took the tour and then afterwards they give you free time to explore and investigate. And the person who is running the tour that worked for the museum said, listen. As of recently, the owner of the museum, I don't know if he consulted with someone or I'm not sure, but there was talk of the fact that by asking permission, you are in a way giving permission to a spirit to do negative things. You're almost inviting it to you by asking permission, by giving it power.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much I believe in that, but that was how the owners feel, and that is why the owners changed the policy. So we were told, do not ask permission, take pictures, and be cool. By being cool, he suggested, do not be rude, do not make fun of the doll, do not rant at the doll, say anything negative to the doll. Because all this that and the other is going to happen. I was respectful. I took lots of pictures, I took lots of videos. Nothing that happened to me. But I did not ask permission, and nothing that happened to me. And everybody said, oh, your camera's gonna go crazy and all these bad things are gonna happen to you, and you know what, nothing did because I was respectful and I did with the museum asked and I did get some activity with Robert, which was cool. I didn't get a ton of activity. I don't want to say it was, you know, enough to fill a YouTube video, but basically on an ovuloist device if you've ever heard of one, it's a little digital word bank, and I got something that said secret, reveal Robert. Okay, all those words came up at the same time, and I took a photo of it, so I have that evidence. And then when I was in the room with Robert, it was just my husband who was filming me and the doll, and I had a device that's called a portal, and the portal is something that works with the spirit box that simply stretches out the words a little bit longer using reverb so that you can hear it a little bit more clearly, and it cleans up some of that white noise so that it's less, you know, it's a little cleaner. So I during this time, I wasn't getting any responses, so I was, you know, getting ready to wrap up, and I say, hey, Robert, you know what, I think you're a pretty cool guy. And you hear a little giggle, you know. I said, all right, I'm getting ready to leave, but I just want to let you know, man, I think you're a cool guy. And I got what sounded like a childlike giggle through the spear box, you know, through my portal, and it was it was pretty interesting. And you know, does that mean anything? I don't know. It sounded kind of cheeky. I was being a little cheeky too, you know. I was kind of, you know, being lighthearted about it. But you know, that is one of the most famous haunted objects. And I did not feel negative at all around it. A lot of people say, oh, it's you know, you feel this negative, crazy energy around it. I didn't. I personally did not feel that. But I also went there with an open mind and I went there very much respectful I didn't say anything to taunt it. I didn't say anything to you know, push its buttons.
Speaker 1: So if if you go, if you go back, you should do. I don't know if you did this the haunted ghost tour there in Key West.
Speaker 2: I've done it earlier. Yeah before.
Speaker 1: There's so much freaky things down there. Girl, I know.
Speaker 2: And uh, it's his name, the doctor.
Speaker 1: The I was just going to bring that up her. He like preserved his wife for something and like.
Speaker 2: Girlfriends, not even she wouldn't marry him. She it was he was he was a tuberculosis doctor and she was dying of tuberculosis. But she was still married technically, but she wasn't with her husband, but she wouldn't marry him. And when she died, he took her body and preserved it for years and consummated it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and well the thing is that when they found what is it? When they I think they found her, she hadn't did for years years.
Speaker 2: So what he had done essentially was he made her into a doll. So what he was doing was he mummified her. He put wax and other preservatives around her face and you know other areas, and he what he essentially made her into a mummy. And what he would do what was suspicious was he would always bring home flowers and he would bring home lots of perfume. So some people were getting suspicious of why is he doing this because they knew he didn't have a lady friend, you know his head to the smell. Yeah, but some people actually claim to have like towards the end when he got caught. I don't know if his children in the area or if it was neighbors, but somebody saw him dancing with the body like he was, oh, you know, dancing around his living room with this thing, and someone saw it and they reported him. And yeah, yeah, it was dark. It's real dark. It's really really dark. But in that museum by the way, with Robert, they have the headstones. So when when after he did all this, he dug her up from her grave and took her home. So her family did not want to rebury her and with a marked grave because they were concerned that he was going to find her again, so they kind of put her all over the island supposedly, and the head markers. There's some head markers in the museum. Now, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was trying to look up his name. I think it was Caral something I can't remember, but yeah, it was such a weird story. I remember that. And then they took us to the house where Robert the doll he lived with the boy right, and I think didn't the mom try to get rid of the doll like several times and then the doll would just show up again.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, so, oh, it's Carl Tandler by the way, I just wanted to look up the name. So with Robert, basically the mom she didn't get rid of him, and he came back, she would put him away in the attic, and it was basically the son developed a very unhealthy, unhealthy relationship with Robert, and you know, eventually somehow they got him away from the doll. But then when the parents passed away, he inherited the family home and he came back to the keys with his wife, and then he started back up with the doll. And it was a very unhealthy attachment to the doll. And you know, some people claim that they saw the doll running around. Some people claim that they saw the doll peeking out of the windows of the house. But ultimately the doll landed up in the hands of another woman who kept him for many years until finally donating him to the museum. But she claimed, this is just what the museum said, that the doll locked her in a closet once. I mean, it sounds absolutely insane, but that's what she claimed, and you know, they gave she gave the doll to the museum. And one thing I found really interesting about the doll that I didn't know because I've listened to so many podcasts and I've seen so many shows about him, and I consider myself, you know, a Robert the Doll enthusiast. But one thing I found out from the museum was Ozzy Osbourne had an attachment curse from Robert the Dall. Did you know that Ozzy Osbourne visited Robert the Dall And this is per his son. So this is Jack Osborne telling this story to the docent and apparent because Jack Osborne now has you know, had a show on you know, Portals to Health is the show about paranormal so he's into that now. But he claims, this is what he said to the docent of the museum, that Ozzie visited the doll and was taunting it, and he's like, yeah, you're not. You know, you're not really haunted. It's a munch bs whatever he said. And right around that time he had some accidents his his Parkinson's really picked up. There were numerous things in his life that were kind of happening all at the same time. And he considers himself cursed from that doll. That's what he That's what he claims. So I thought that was pretty interesting because I'd never heard of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody else on the show claims that they got cursed from the doll, and I think they sent the letter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people send letters. And the guy was telling me that there were some teenagers that were recently there. I don't know how many months before I had been there, but recently, and the kids, you know, kids are being kids, and they probably said things that they shouldn't And apparently they were out the next day on their family's boat and the boat sunk and they had to be rescued by the coast guard and the parents made the kids march back to the museum and apologize to the doll. Oh gosh, yeah, that's crazy. I know, it's wild. I just I don't know, I just don't think that a doll is capable of that. But I also think that the power of if you think that that's going to happen, it's the power of suggestion. But I still do approach everything with caution just in case. But I mean, it's at all, it's just at all. I know.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, you got anything that's coming up, like any investigations that you got booked that you're looking forward to or anything.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am really excited. So I have one place that's in the works, which I can't announce exactly the location right now, but it's coming up and it's going to be really cool if anybody's in the Miami area. We have a historic location that has reached out to my paranormal team that is interested in hosting events. So we are doing a preliminary with them so we can kind of feel out the building and kind of catch the hot spot. So we might have a new location coming up. And I also one thing that's coming up for me is my team is joining this really cool parirent normal team from the West coast of Florida. They're they're beyond on the Border's paranormal and beyond the Boundaries Paranormal and they are bringing us to the Herd Opera House and so we're really excited to check that out. And I also have a book in the works that hopefully will be finished by this summer. And my book is all about the cemetery symbolism we were talking about before, So I'm super stoked to finally get that out because writing a book, if you've ever done it, is one of the hardest things ever. And I am just excited to finally have all my ideas out there and share it with everybody.
Speaker 3: Awesome, good for you. Nice good luck on the book.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me know when it's When it's out, you come back on and promote it and talk a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 3: Well, awesome, I good luck, good luck with the future stuff. Uh, definitely keep checking out your Instagram, Lisa. Is there anything that you wanted to ask or get into.
Speaker 1: No, just I think this is very enlightening because you hear you watch it on TV and you kind of look at it on YouTube videos, but actually you get to ask somebody you know like about it over the back backstories and stuff like that. So, Gina, thank you so much. I really, really enjoyed it. There's so many haunted places all over the world, and the fact that you've even taken it to the next level and gone to Europe and explored over there as well as take photographs and all that other stuff that I love that because it's like boots on the ground doing your own research and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So I really really really enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, but thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also the one question, have you ever gone to places where like an incident has happened, like a bad incident has happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have. I actually have a few times. I've investigated a site that was used by a serial killer in the nineteen seventies, and I've had I've had some really really interesting, interesting things happened from that. I would say that it's important research to do because you know, we have evidence that we think that there might still be some some people lingering in that area, both you know, both negative and positive people there. But what happened to me that was really interesting is I actually I think that I had an interesting interaction with the site. There's a tree and I was leaning up against the tree, and you know, wearing a shirt just like I'm wearing right now, and my whole back was all where I'd leaned up against the tree was all burned, like as if I got sun burned and I was in the woods and I was wearing clothing. It wasn't, you know, And it very mysteriously was gone the very next day. I didn't have, you know. And I think that in some areas, especially, you know, where something horrific has happened, it just kind of leaves imprints, and you know, you might kind of interact with some of those. And I think many of it is residual. But I do think evil can stain certain locations, and evil acts and evil situations can absolutely leave a mark on a place.
Speaker 5: That's a very interesting way to say it, very very cool.
Speaker 2: I mean not cool, but I mean it's interesting, really fascinating, you know, from a research standpoint, you know, it's it's fascinating to be able to to document that. And I think what I experienced was residual. I think that it was just negative energy that was just lingering. I don't think it was anything really intelligent about it, but it's still it's nonetheless, it's still something too, something to take into consideration and something to document.
Speaker 3: Mhm. You w into Ghost Adventures, you watched that show.
Speaker 2: I have a love relationship with that show, you know, but Zach is a little ridiculous. I mean, as much as he drives me nuts, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I want the entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did you hear what happened to Aaron?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was like, yo, come on, tried to kill him. I don't know how did she try to kill him? I didn't even I saw the article and I was like, I can't, I can't. I was like, I can't believe this right now.
Speaker 2: Contacted someone in prison, a hitman, and paid him. I want to say it was eleven thousand dollars to murder Aaron Goodwin, her husband of two years I think, or around two years, and there he tried to do it while he was filming, so he was filming the show, and she sent this guy to murder her husband, and she got caught and they have enough evidence to indict her for still listening a hit man and something. There's two charges. I don't remember what they both were, but there are keeping charged with two different things and she's being held for like one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Joh, imagine they popped off Zack by accident.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, I mean he's a pretty big guy.
Speaker 3: Actually confused.
Speaker 2: He's such a nice guy. I just want to give him a hug.
Speaker 3: It seems like if any I guess, if anybody in the crew, this would happen to him though, right, because he always had the shittiest luck, or at least they play it off like that on the show, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I just think that, you know, sometimes, but this is my opinion on it. I think sometimes really nice will happen to fall into that category of getting with a partner that takes advantage of that. And I don't know them as a couple, but I think that sometimes when people are very just you know, not the alpha is a good way to describe it. You know, they're kind of understanding there, they go with the flow. They're just kind of very chill, and you have someone who's opposite from that, sometimes they become a little bit of a doormat. And I could see that. I could see that being the case here, and I absolutely think it was financially motivated. You know, he makes money in in you know, in that show, and he probably has other dealings, and she didn't want a divorce because she wanted the money, she wanted the life insurance. So you know, it's a tales all as time, and what an idiot for even thinking she can get away with that. And I hope she I hope if it is true, and it sounds like it is, because I think they have a lot of evidence against her, so I can't really like convict her before she's even been to court. But if it is true, I hope she she gets the maximum time in prison for that. So wow, because see you later bye, I.
Speaker 3: Know it's we're funny with up man. Uh. Thanks again, Lisa, thank you again for joining us tonight. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely great, very interesting.
Speaker 3: Of course of course. Uh Gina again, would you like to let everybody know where they can find you and all your work?
Speaker 2: So you can find me on Instagram and TikTok at She Hunts, and I have a blog. I am a writer and a photographer as well as a paranormal investigator, so you can follow along with me on my hont end investigations and you can join me in the graveyard.
Speaker 3: Awesome, and you have a link tree correct, yes, all right, I'm pretty sure that's already in the YouTube now for everybody, So if you want to go check out his stuff, I'm pretty sure I already put the link tree in there. Thank you, of course, of course, thank you very very much for coming on, and thank you everybody who jumped in on the chat. That's what's up. I saw I think a few new names in that might have actually maybe been from you. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I saw my friend Matt was in the chat earlier. He Matt is from a show called Dark Echoes Paranormal and he's he's the host and the producer and they're doing their thing all the way up the East Coast. They're on Amazon and all kinds of paraflex and other fun outlets. So yeah, i'd like I'd like to see some some familiar faces in there.
Speaker 3: Thank you of course, of course. No again, thank you for coming on. And again, seriously, when you when you're ready to drop that book, please let me know you can come on. Yeah, we'll let you talk about it. You could promote it.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for having me, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again everybody in the chat, thank you very much for coming and joining us tonight. That's what's up. That's why I go live and uh, until the next one. Everybody be well later.