Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection here on K one, the one you trust. We're gonna have a full load of community connections today. We're expecting war and help from city Council in a little bit later on, of course, we're going to be talking with the honor of the Mayor. But right now we have got one of the Hart's working people in show business as Tina Romane. She's our promotions director here and a little something about Christmas coming on here and Dorry Potter is coming in here too. This is gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. We are ready for Christmas, well just about.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go my tree like I could put up my tree today.
Speaker 5: I could do, I know, but we got to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving and all. But businesses are ready and we are partnering with them to have another great, great, great Christmas, Green Country Christmas. It's a win win for everybody, like we say each year, and you know what I think, this is like.
Speaker 2: The yeah, yes, we're going to have a big we are.
Speaker 5: We are gonna have so much fun this year with Green Country Christmas.
Speaker 2: Those who aren't familiar with it.
Speaker 5: This is a promotion now we've been doing twenty five years here at the radio station. Started out as a chamber promotion and they were gonna need to drop it for different reasons of not being able to facilitate it, and so yeah, they did it a little bit differently, and so so we said, hey, we'll pick it up and want to encourage people to shop local, and that's what we've been doing and that's what we're doing again. We have a lot of businesses who are partnering with us again to make it a great event. What date do people need to mark on their calendar, Tina.
Speaker 4: Well, wednesdayeth will be the kickoff at the Turkey Casino and Ramona from five to seven. Miss Tammyo'll be out there and that's kind of the green light go and then all the businesses.
Speaker 3: Will have their take to give out November first.
Speaker 1: Saw this is going to be fun.
Speaker 2: So start shopping, start collecting those tickets.
Speaker 4: Yes, and now's the time to shop for Christmas. Don't wait till the last minute, because we all know when that that's terrible.
Speaker 1: Now, in years past, we've done anywhere from what thirty eight to fifty two thousand dollars worth of prizes. So I imagine we're going to be in that sweet spot again.
Speaker 2: That's what we anticipate. Yes, we really do.
Speaker 5: And the neat thing about it is just shop locally, you know, and for if you're in a business, ask them for a green ticket or ticket and you don't have to spend any money. Just shop, look around. They want you to shop and look around. You get your ticket just for asking for one. If you do buy something, which we hope you will keep your sales tax dollars here at home. For every ten dollars that you spend, you get another green ticket. And you want to save those tickets, you know, collect them up, watch them because we are going to be giving daily prizes away starting the.
Speaker 2: Middle of November, November eleventh. Okay, I can remember these that I walked in here, don't have all my notes in front of me.
Speaker 5: So November eleventh, we'll have daily prizes, ten of them every day.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 5: The businesses donate the prices of fifty dollars or more for our daily prizes, So you'll want to watch the numbers. Listen for the numbers. We'll have them here on the radio. We'll have them on the Sunrise Reporter, we'll have them on the website.
Speaker 2: We'll have them money where you can have them one other place.
Speaker 5: You don't put them on Facebook though, No, no we don't, and but we.
Speaker 3: Do link the story.
Speaker 2: So right, okay, so you can get get there too and get them there.
Speaker 3: Okay, So anyway you can get to it.
Speaker 5: So but the thing about the daily prizes is you want to look because you have three business days to redeem your prizes if you have a winning ticket for the daily prizes, so you want three business days, you'll come up here to the radio station, show us that you have that winning ticket, and miss Tina here, one of the people in front office will give you your your daily.
Speaker 4: Prize and nothing to sneeze that they are some really good prize exactly. Yeah, we've got JB speakers to give away. We've got gift certificates from all around town.
Speaker 3: Those green doorbells. Sometimes we have oil changes.
Speaker 1: And things that come in for everyday life. And also yeah, kind of special stuff too that you can say, yeah, very Christmas to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you know, if you want to, you know, win that JBL speaker and gifted to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, those things are so nice.
Speaker 5: Well, the thing is, you win it, and nobody's in your family's going to know you want it. You can be gifted to somebody in your family too.
Speaker 3: You can get that if you.
Speaker 4: Give certificate to any of the stores in town and go shopping for your family exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I kind of question here.
Speaker 1: We've got the big culmination coming up to a big day. What's the big day for the grand prizes?
Speaker 3: The December nineteenth. That's a Thursday this year.
Speaker 5: Thursday, December nineteenth. Mark your calendars right here.
Speaker 4: We give away all twelve so Thursday afternoon there will be no prizes left, zero, no, no daily prizes, nothing. Everything is rolled into those big twelve packages and they can be anywhere from like fifteen hundred dollars to start.
Speaker 5: To like to the finals or five thousand dollars of cash. Is the final one that we give away is the five thousand dollars cash, but it usually has a few other things that are accompanied with it, because those daily prizes that aren't redeemed will then roll into our price packages. That's how we come up with the twelve price packages. Because we do have major prices that have been donated by a lot of the businesses. You know, since day one, we've had the Southwest the trip on Southwest airlines from Spears Travel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so they gown.
Speaker 3: Trip tickets anywhere in the continental US.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they've been partnering with us every single year. So prizes like that plus than other daily prizes that get along with them.
Speaker 2: That have a great value.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's so special over the years to see some of the people who have won and been able to use some of the prize is in really a special special way. So yeah, it truly has been a blessing for us at the radio stations here to be able to facilitate this, keep people shopping locally. And I also see some really happy faces at Christmas time.
Speaker 1: And you know, it works so well.
Speaker 4: About ten out of twelve of the winners come in and they say, I never win anything.
Speaker 3: I never win anything. We hear that year after year after year.
Speaker 4: Grandfriend, Yeah, well they're all, I never win anything. I you know, and a lot of people around town they're like, oh, I don't need those tickets. I don't play because I never went. Well, yeah, if you don't play, you don't win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But most of the people that win, or oh I never win anything, so play this year.
Speaker 3: Give it a try. You know somebody's gonna win.
Speaker 4: So yeah, keep your green tickets, keep them separated by your you can keep them in an Excel file.
Speaker 3: Just make sure you keep your ticket.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 4: We've had people staple them to a piece of paper. If you keep them separated, it kind of helps you with the daily prizes to know where they come from. And then on that big grand day, we tell you where the ticket came from. So if you have a lot of tickets, it's a little bit easier for you to find.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, be careful if you say, well, I didn't shop that store, because someone else in your family might have shopped that store, and so so you still look at the number just in case, because someone else in the family could have have shopped that store and you didn't know about it because it was a secret.
Speaker 1: So well, you know, you have an idea that I think everybody is caught on to about keeping these things in order so that you can tell if you want a daily prize, and of course on the grand.
Speaker 5: Prize well, and on Grand prize Day, do we like you said the nineteenth we'll be giving away all the prizes out that morning, starting here at nine o'clock on the radio, and so you'll need to listen in. But the thing about it is if you don't have them in some kind of organization, it takes a while to go through your numbers sometimes, and we do have to keep we have a time limit set, you know, we'll talk about the prize, we'll maybe interview the person who's given away the major prize, and so basically you'll have any or usually ten minutes or so maybe fifteen minutes to look at look at, but not always. It just depends on how the timing's going, you know, with it. So but at one point we'll say you have a minute forty seconds now, and the clock is started.
Speaker 2: And if you don't call in before then.
Speaker 5: That day we don't take calls saying oops, what was my number or what was that number and stuff to you.
Speaker 2: We can't do that.
Speaker 5: We have to keep our lines open to communicate with those who are calling in with winning numbers and then call out to those who to for our ticket verifiers to go and look at the ticket and things too. So again you can that day, the nineteenth, you can be at work, you can be at home, you can be shopping, you can be anywhere that you have access to your tickets, because we're going to come to you to verify your tickets that day.
Speaker 1: You know one thing with the text that we do on the Grand prize day that is really it pays for itself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sign up for the texting, yes, because you can. That's a good way to verify. We don't want you to have that be your only way listen alive is faster. We have no way of keeping knowing if the phone people are going to be able to get text through in a timely fashion, and so we don't want that to be the reason why you don't win is because you didn't get the text fast enough, because your provider didn't get it to you fast enough. And so yeah, listen first and use that as a as a backup.
Speaker 4: Also, if you stream it, it can be a little delayed. And we did have yeah, we did have someone unfortunately due to buffering, they missed their chance.
Speaker 2: And it was fat.
Speaker 5: Yes, So yeah, get your radio ready that way, fresh batteries or power, whatever you might.
Speaker 2: Need for it.
Speaker 5: And and some people are even in their car they're saying you know.
Speaker 2: I just I'm in my car and hey that works. That's live radio, so yeah, that works very well.
Speaker 4: We did have one year that someone was driving by and they stopped in.
Speaker 3: I heard it on the radio. I'm a winning ticket. Here we are, so it was awesome, like, wait's up? Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: Where can we get at the green tickets? Do we have a list?
Speaker 3: We have a list.
Speaker 4: It will be posted on our website, so you can go there and check it out. All the participating businesses around town will have some rule sheets that have the list on the back.
Speaker 5: In the Green Tree exactly the poster and if if you want to look in the Sunrise Reporter too, you'll have all of them listed in the Sunrise Reporter as well, and you can find that around the community. So just grab one of those yellow sheets and and keep track of where you're shopping.
Speaker 3: And you can always call us you need some help.
Speaker 2: Will help you to get there.
Speaker 3: We're not to help you on because well, no, Thattay is a different day, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Green Country Christmas. Let's get it rocking and roll. It's Wednesday night, right.
Speaker 3: Wednesday, we go out there to key yes, you.
Speaker 2: Know, to get started in November businesses have.
Speaker 3: A right Merry.
Speaker 1: Christmas one and all. Thank you ladies.
Speaker 2: Hi Bartlesville, I'm Queen Shipper your workforce. City Councilor E.