Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey guys, Welcome to episode thirteen of A Strange Thing Podcast, Big one three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, just in full disclosure, uh, this is our third attempt to do a remote recording session for our thirteenth episode. Yeah, so, what's happened to Austin in the world that maybe people don't know about that could have caused us to social distance with each other?
Speaker 1: Well, the pandemic otherwise known as Corona Corona COVID nineteen.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't keep going. You gotta take a heat.
Speaker 1: Austin's got a you know, you can't go to barbershops, so his hair is just getting out of control.
Speaker 2: You kind of looked like, well you used to look like Fabio.
Speaker 1: All right, head is gone.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: That'sotna be funny. When you turn on your computer in there, I am it was this Jesus wig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was weird you turn it on here.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna surprise you because I got this nice little cool sign back here. I did you one better?
Speaker 2: You did? You totally did. Yeah, So we were saying that before you had to take your hair off. It was awful that This is episode thirteen, and this is our third attempt to record episode thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yep, in usual.
Speaker 2: Fashion, we started out with good intentions of talking about dreams and we ended up derailed and talked about everything better than dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we had been a little bit libated.
Speaker 2: I think so. And plus, you know, it's been stressful. We haven't been able to actually be in each other's presence because of the social is socialis Yeah, we haven't been able to be in each other's presence because of social isolation.
Speaker 1: That's hard to say straight. Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't even had that many beers. I've had like three drinks out of little drinks out of like one glass, which, by the way, I'm putting this up there for people to see. If they can see it, can.
Speaker 1: You see it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, A strange, A strange thing. I don't think I'm using a lass.
Speaker 2: So he If any of our listeners want these, we're selling them on our website. We're selling them for like ten bucks. You know, we're not trying to make a bunch of money off of them. We're just trying to break even. And then I think shipping's expensive. It'll probably be about ten bucks.
Speaker 1: But if you get two of them and probably send two of them for fifteen and three of them probably.
Speaker 2: For fifteen bucks nice, and four of them for probably twenty. So anyway, the people coney for six I don't know, probably another ten bucks. Every two would probably ten to fifteen dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It depends how I package him, and it's expensive to ship thing, especially one offs. Yeah right, But anyway, if you want a strange thing glass, we have sold a few of them, lucky listeners out there, let us know a little website and I'll try to get the store back up in operational. I've got t shirts, I've got other things, and I just haven't found the time to get it going. But we got to do it, man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if we're going to go big time, if we're going to have thousands of listeners, we've got to be able to handle, you know, sales a year.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, maybe they should go buy some swag and then head over to their favorite podcast streaming app and follow us or like guests or hous or whatever you have to do to.
Speaker 2: Tell your friends about us, Say like, there are these two guys they do podcast about strange topics. But they're not too serious. Yeah, we're just like normal guys.
Speaker 1: But we like although I had some crazy hair, yes you did, to start with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and which brings us to another point. We are using zoom and recording this to a video as well as audio. So if you want to see what we look like, which I had no idea why you'd want to do that, but if you do, you can go to YouTube and we're going to try to put this episode. It'll be our first episode that we're ever.
Speaker 1: Doing on YouTube, so it'll be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not streaming live, we're just putting it up there.
Speaker 1: Yep. We might have to edit out our ramblings.
Speaker 2: We do ramble. We apologize for that, but it's just what we do. We're bored here in southern Idaho.
Speaker 1: That's how it goes. It is, and we haven't had any human contact, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been weird. It's been very weird. Last couple months have been very strange. And you know, speaking about the dream topic that we're talking about, because things have been so weird, we are actually diverting a little bit.
Speaker 1: We were going to talk about all the eight different categories and give examples through history of people who had dreams in those eight categories, just as a teaser.
Speaker 2: One of them was Mary Shelley, the author Frankenstein.
Speaker 3: I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts, kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out and then on the working of some powerful engine, show signs of life and stir with an uneasy, half vital motion. Frightful must it be? For supremely frightful would be the effect of any human endeavor to mark the stupendous mechanism of the creator of the world.
Speaker 2: She was inspired to write Frankenstein by a dream. But we're not going to go deep to that because we're derailing That's what this is. This is a derailment, kind.
Speaker 1: Of like Corona derailed the world all of other plans. Yeah, we are derailing our regular scheduled topic of dreams, and we're going to be talking about something that's very interesting and it is called coronavirus pandemic dreams. It's actually a thing. It's being studied by lots of different sleep study people all over the world. There are institutes that are studying this phenomenon and it's real. And so if you are having strange dreams during this time because of whatever reason, you're not alone. There's a lot of people doing it, and that's what we're going to talk about today. A lot of people not being able to sleep as well. It's crazy, yeah, and I don't know what I think.
Speaker 2: In our last episode, we talked a little bit about how dreams are probably a way that our mind, in our subconscious state, tries to figure out and solve problems or deals with stressors and that kind of stuff, and for the most part, you don't remember them, right, they just kind of go away. This episode, we're going to try to talk specifically about this strange phenomena called coronavirus pandemic.
Speaker 1: Dreams dreams, and it is the thing. And I've seen five or six articles that have just come across on mainstream channels about this phenomena.
Speaker 2: It's just happening.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, Austin, have you had any strange pandemic dreams readers die this version. I've had some weird ones, but nothing too crazy. I had a dream about helping my cousin, but that didn't really have to do with the pandemic, and a lot of like just constantly shifting dreams, like you're in one storyline, it seems, and then that same storyline a different environment all of a sudden, and then you're in a different place and fixing. You know, you're in a video game or whatever. I've had a lot of weirder dreams lately, and I don't know if it's because I'm thinking about them or because maybe you're worried about them. There there, I know which cousin you're talking about.
Speaker 2: They are expecting a child soon and you just had a child, So there's that common link, and maybe there's a little bit of concern that's kind of bubbling through. One thing interesting about what they believe that is causing these lucid dreams that people are remembering is that stressors are usually dealt with at night in your rim state. So usually what happens during rimstate you have dreams and your subconscious is dealing with all these things, but because you are in a deep sleep, you don't ever remember them. But because of all the anxiety and stress that's going on, people aren't falling as deeply asleep and their sleep is poor, so they go into rimstate, and they have this thing it's called emotional disinhibition.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a yeah, or words gore, And basically it's a state where all these emotions flood your rem stay and your dreams, and because you're not sleeping deeply and you wake up periodically through the whole.
Speaker 2: Thing, you remember them.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Yeah, And you.
Speaker 2: Know, another thing that was really interesting is that, you know, I was reading this article about what dreams are, and they say dreams are a lot like having a psychedelic trip, like if you're on drugs.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the same kind of chemical thing that happens in your mind and they're very similar. But because you're waking up, you're remembering these trips that your brain takes. And yeah, and so people are experiencing all kinds of these and I kind of like you, you know, I've had strange dreams. I'm not sleeping.
Speaker 1: Deeply, I wake up and then I fall back to sleep, but they're just really disassociated. There's nothing really creepy about it, I think, because I don't know, I'm not really worried about the whole COVID thing. Yeah, I know, it's very serious for a lot of people, but for whatever reason, it doesn't doesn't stress me out.
Speaker 2: Now, what does stress me out is.
Speaker 1: You know, worrying about my family, worrying about my dad, worrying about you guys, making sure you're financially okay, making sure that nobody's you know, in trouble, losing their jobs financially or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's my concern, and that probably keeps me awake. Your mom, on the other hand, she stresses about it. She's a rule follower and and so she's very distressed that she can't be around all her kids and grandkids, but she wants to follow the rules. She's concerned about, like her work that she does and doing a good job for them, and all of that makes her not sleep deeply. But also there's a lot of emotion behind it. So she's had dreams of like her mom visiting her, her mom that passed, you know, last year, and that she came. She doesn't really remember what all happened, and although she was there with her, So her dreams are a little more poignant than mine. But for a lot of people, especially people in like the healthcare industry, they're having very specific dreams and it's creepy. It's really weird.
Speaker 1: It's weird that like our consciousness as a whole, like a whole society, like the whole world. Really, yeah, we've all shifted to worry about the same thing, all at the same time, all of a sudden. Yeah, it's not you know, on a normal day, I worry about finances. You know, Am I spending too much money on my lunch break? Is my son okay at daycare? Is my wife having a good day? Do I have enough gas? Or my tire is going to make it through the year? You know? But now collectively, as a whole, we're all worried about the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's kind of weird. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then it makes you wonder if it's like the like the human consciousness that is causing these dreams too, you know, like the energy. I don't know, Yeah, like I like if there's an you're getting a little esoteric, but uh, like if there's like this this energy, negative energy that's in the world built up because of everybody, Yeah, that that negative energy is causing people to dream weird dreams or whatever. Right, And whether it's like a big woo wu thing where there's like this energy mixing with people or just everywhere you go, you got Facebook, Instagram, even like I went to Duluth Trading Post or trading company website and it says because of coronavirus or COVID nineteen, we got a blah blah blah blah blah. So you can't go anywhere without worrying about this thing. Yeah, it's in your face all the time, and it's interrupting my life, like my daily life, like I've been late to work more and uh, I left the garage door open a few times this week overnight. And yeah, it's just weird. It's kind of like infesting.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I keep I keep losing crap. So I've lost my keys, I've lost my wallet, I lose my belt every stinking day. And how far can it go. I'm in the house all stinking day. Where can it go?
Speaker 1: Lost your hair color, lost my hair period. But I think it's because, you know, we're kind of all cooped up where we're trying to find escapes, and our mind isn't quite stimulated like it usually is because of all, we're not engaging.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: And when you do engage, like at work, now we have to put a little thing on our head and make sure our temperature, make sure we don't have a fever, I know. And so like it seems like you can't get away from it, you know, like even when you're not at home, you're not in quarantine because I'm an essential. I get to work and only thing they talk about is are you surviving the apocalypse? Yeah, as your family do you need toilet paper?
Speaker 2: And it's like, golly, it doesn't go away. It's like there all the time.
Speaker 1: So it makes sense that it would kind of like snake its weight down into your dreams, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because it's something new and it's with.
Speaker 1: You all the time. Yeah, I mean you can only imagine, like back say it like when the World War two started. So it was that December seventh, nineteen forty one, and all of a sudden, Pearl Harbor is attacked and we launched into the war and from then on for the next few years, it was every day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So right now it's been what a month and a half, two months, and we've been dealing with it every day. And I can only imagine that back then people were doing the same kind of dream things. Oh, I'll bet yeah, and like it like in the Civil War and afterwards, Abraham Lincoln, he was dreaming all kinds of weird dreams.
Speaker 4: I soon began to dream. I heard subdued psalms, as if a number of people were weeping. I left my bed and walked it downstairs. There I met with a sicken surprise before me. It was a catafalque, one which rested a corpse wrapped in funeral investments. Around it was stationed soldiers who are acting as gods. And there was a throng of people gazing mournfully upon the corpse, whose face was covered others weeping pitifully. Who was dead in the White House? I demanded of one of the soldiers. The president was his answer.
Speaker 2: He was killed by an assassin. He dreamed of his own assassination. We'll talk about that when we get into dream types and people that have had dreams in those types. But it's so it's documented that this is what happens in times of stress for people. To our listeners, I'm imagining they are experiencing that stuff, at least a few of them.
Speaker 1: And if if it's a good time to just mention it, you are having crazy dreams during this corona nonsense, then shoot us an email at my story Yeah, my story dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a Strange Thing dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, we can review them and maybe share them if they're good. You better have good dreams. Who knows, Maybe you're you sharing your dream will help somebody else who's wondering if they're like need to go see a psychiatrist or called psychologists.
Speaker 2: Because of their dreams.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if this whole topic, like I often say, if this whole topic kind of creeps you out and you're tempted to not listen anymore, just take a deep breath, keep listening. And if you need to call your psychologist, Cali, your therapist, get her on the phone, have her download a stitcher and subscribe to a Strange Thing podcast. Yeah, and tell your friends about us, you know, I think that's the best way. Tell your friends about us. Get us, get us out there, and hopefully, you know, we won't drive people too crazy. Speaking of driving people.
Speaker 1: Crazy, do you dare you see this? Don't you freaking dare?
Speaker 2: I got a cheeto. I brought it just for you. Don't oh you even hear? It's so Daryl, it goes so well with my beer. Sorry, I had to do that. I want to give you nightmares.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm I'm not worried about coronaviruses chewing it. So speaking about nightmares, there are positive ways and dreams that stressors are dealt with, and those are usually strange lucid dreams. Then there are nightmares, and nightmares are another category where people who study this believe that your mind is trying to tell you something to be aware of, something to look out for, something to be wary. So if you're having nightmares, you know, you might want to like take a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of ax, yeah x x, or take an inventory of what's going on and kind of analyze yourself and maybe you could turn that nightmare into a kind of positive thing.
Speaker 1: Like how I was talking about that snake it was seeking into the house and eating you in a previous episode, Yeah, a few episodes ago, or maybe the last one. Yeah, I think that was because during that time period, you were leaving for long periods of time, and for some reason, snake maybe Salt Lake snake, I don't know. I was a long long ways away and you were afraid, and snakes are symbol of often of what people are afraid of. So I think, you know, I never realized that as a kid. But now that I look back, because that dream was reoccurring and it stuck with me so much and it was a nightmare. As I look back as an adult, I'm like, Wow, during that time, I was afraid of losing my dad because he was gone all the time. You know.
Speaker 2: So, hey, you know I think these stressors cause well, they cause changes in your sleep pattern, right because you're stressed about them. You might be sleeping, going to bed later or earlier, or you might not be able to sleep all the way through, or you're interrupted. Like if you're working in the healthcare industry and you're a nurse or a doctor and you're breaking long hours and you're dealing with people that are in really dire straits, and you're dealing with other people that are coming and freaking out because there hypochondriacs. You know, it's a it's a cluster.
Speaker 1: It is. There's all kinds of things that stimulate your dreams, and right now there's all kinds of things that are stimulating you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, stimulation not the good kind.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Doing a little study that I've done, they're saying, what is different about pandemic dreams is that pandemic dreams are colored by stress, isolation, and changes in sleep pattern, and basically there's a scroll of negative emotions that basically set them apart from other kinds of dreams. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's really true. I mean there is no answers. This is an invisible enemy, right, And I think healthcare industry workers have visions that are very specific or or dreams that are very specific about what they see, which is people.
Speaker 1: Struggling for breath or pneumonia or horrible medical crisis. But for the rest of us that don't see those images, this is an invisible bug. This is an invisible virus. You can't see with your eye. You don't know if it's there. It could be on nothing or it could be on everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true, and so how do you how does your mind deal with it? Well, it creates crazy things that symbolize that in your dream. So they're usually scary things.
Speaker 1: So, like in one of the articles, people are dreaming a lot about like bugs, snakes, zombies. No, that on't makes sense to me. Yeah, I love a good zombie dream, right.
Speaker 2: And being chased by an invisible adversary that they can't see. Or being locked away or grabbing their family and locking them away.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, being isolated, being like kidnapped.
Speaker 2: Or right, or seeing your loved ones kidnapped.
Speaker 1: Yep, so creepy is creepy.
Speaker 2: So we'll probably both have bad dreams tonight. I hope it's talking about it.
Speaker 1: I have been thinking about dreams a lot more too, so it's hard. I might have a skewed I might be like a non placebo study myself on whether or not this coronavirus or if it's just me constantly thinking about dreams because we're talking about it now, We've talked about it three nights in depth on the computer, and I'm staying up late by myself and checking the doors forty times before I go to bed. Yeah, I want to say something though, Yeah, say it so in my neighborhood, Like I said, I've left the garage store open a few times, and while all these terrible things are happening, may not even that terrible for some, probably very terrible. But while you're constantly thinking about how you know you can't get food at Walmart, you're you're worried about getting these germs. Like we've been talking my neighbors next across the street, they posted a sign in their yard says, if you need anything or you just want some prayer or somebody to talk to, you, give us a call and put their number on there.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: I thought that was super cool. And like I was saying, I left my garage door open. But then I walk outside. Instead of seeing you know, some old beat up car it's sitting in my driveway, I see my neighbors sign. It's like, yeah, it felt weird because here I am struggling to keep my garage dorus shutting there out here promoting their own help. I thought that was really cool.
Speaker 2: Well, I wonder maybe that's maybe you're onto something there. Maybe maybe part of what causes those dreams. I mean, it depends on what you're focusing on. So there's this study here. I pulled it up and it's the Lion Neuroscience Research Center and it's in France. But they've been doing a study and they found that during this pandemic there's been a thirty five percent increase in dream recall. So usually you don't remember your dreams well because of the weirdness of sleep. Right now thirty five percent uptick and memorability.
Speaker 1: Right, probably because you're waking up after your dreams, I mean you're sleeping well. Yeah, And they've also documented that fifteen percent increases in scary or stressful dreams has increased. I mean, you didn't believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're more negative than usual. But I'm wondering maybe it has to do with how you're seeing the pandemic. Another study that I read, and I can't remember which one it was, and I don't have it pulled up, but they were talking about that, like in the earthquake in California, that people that were near the epicenter had a much higher increase of memorable dreams, scary dreams, lucid dreams that happened near the epicenter. And then just like the actual shock wave, as it dispersed out, the volume of lucid dreams actually decreased proportionately to the epicenter of that.
Speaker 1: That's super weird.
Speaker 2: That is weird.
Speaker 1: So what we're finding in like New York or dense cities where there's a high volume and concentration of illness with this pandemic, lucid dreaming is off the chart. I bet.
Speaker 2: And as you get out into rural areas it tapers off dramatically.
Speaker 1: Well, do you think that could have something to do? This is me being kind of a skeptic person in general, with just the density of people. I think it could because the places where these epidemics, is that what it is, epidemic or pandemic, pandemic, pandem pandemic.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the difference is. We should look at that, and.
Speaker 1: They probably should. But these places where the pandemic is getting worse and worse and worse and worse. It's where there's apartment complexes, everybody's breathing the same air, everybody's they're bumping into each other on the sidewalk. You got homeless people grabbing your shoulder for a dollar on the way home. That seems to be the case where you know, out in the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where there's separation. Yeah, maybe your neighbor will come over and say, hey, I think you're onto something there too, because you know, think about what you and I see. So we hear about all the bad stuff. We see the negative stuff that goes on in New York and Florida and some of the other places. Italy, right, And there's another study in Italy which is crazy the amount of terrible nightmare dreams that they're having in Italy right now. But what do we see we see because of this pandemic. We see families out in the neighborhood walking their goat, with their dogs and their go types. They go, well, maybe that too, depending where you're at. I see so many good things that are going on. I see people rallying together for food banks, and I see churches doing online services for people and distributing masks. I see families getting out together the family unit, which they I haven't done forever.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen more people out as a family walking. But I live by the kind of by a walkway along a canal with ducks and you know, all kinds of stuff and trees, And every time I drive by there, I have to stop pretty much for the crosswalk because there's mom and dad and two little kids on scooters walking down the trail, you know, and they stop the traffic. And it sucks because I have to stop. But at the same time, it.
Speaker 2: Makes you feel good.
Speaker 1: It's cool because during all this nonsense, you got this family and it's getting closer and closer together. I'm sure at home, the dad is like, stop talking, maybe all cooped up in the same house, but maybe.
Speaker 2: That's such a blessing for a lot of families. Now that's a different scenario. If you're in a dense city like New York and you're an apartment building that's you know, ten stories high, and the apartment complexes are you know, one bedroom studios and your sandwich side by side, there's no escape. You go out, what and you want to go out in the in the falcony and stand there and look at everybody else that's standing on the balcony. You go to the street or the subway, Where do you go?
Speaker 1: Even if you want to go to the store and grab some idolized toilet paper, you can't get a hold of. You got to get to a stairwhell or an elevator, and you're going to be stuck with somebody in these apartment complexes. And I think that's why it explodes Italy, New York. It's really dense population areas and.
Speaker 2: They can't get away.
Speaker 1: There's more people, more touching, more contact. We're talking and to tie that into this dreaming topic, that's where these crazy.
Speaker 2: Nightmares and dreams are exploding. It's crazy and you know, it tapers off as you get out from the country, but you know, some of the dreams are productive that people are having some of them also, even though they're in this weird area where a lot of crazy craps going on. Sometimes the dreams are you know, a lot of them, a high percentage are like deceased family members coming to them and giving them hope and perspective.
Speaker 1: That's cool, so terrifying.
Speaker 2: As bad as your brain may be throwing nightmare scenarios out there as a way to deal with it, it's also providing things that offer hope. And you know, it would be really interesting to do a study on the psychology of people that have good dreams versus bad dreams in those dense areas, to see what their difference of persona is, what their background is. Maybe some have deep faith, or maybe they have good family units, and maybe they have a different take on it in their subconscious then somebody who is you know, from a dysfunctional family or all alone. And I'm sure that all of those scenarios play into this pandemic dreaming thing.
Speaker 1: Yep. And I've noticed too, like I said, a lot of people have this lack of sleep, and I think a lot of people are dealing with depression, not having their jobs, Like a lot of people lost jobs over this, and a lot of like small business owners are panicking over you know, the uncertain future, and I think that causes a lot of depression and obviously anxiety. Yeah, part of those two illnesses, depression and anxiety is lack of sleep, a hard time sleeping, sleeping too much, you know, and then that can cause these crazy dreams as well, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially like you know, everything I've read and I've I've probably read ten or fifteen articles over this last week about dreams and what they are and how your mind is using that time too, everything from shorten the synaptic gap, you know, the length that the brain must travel to find information to deal with a complex situation in your dream state. That actually your brain is shortening those things so it's finding shortcuts to the right information so that can solve a problem. So it's doing that, it's dealing with all these psychological issues and it's trying to build bridges and gaps so that you're able to deal with stresses.
Speaker 1: In your life process things better in life.
Speaker 2: And you usually don't remember it unless you're not sleeping well, which is that I don't remember what. I called it emotional disinhibition. Disinhibition interesting and you know, honestly, people don't usually remember their dreams, but because of this heightened isolation and stress, people are just remembering them more. Do you think do you think that it's people are dreaming more or you think people are remembering them more. I think it's remembering more. You know, it might be more intense because the reality of it is a lot more intense. The ramifications of it are much more dire. You're going to deal with it more because it's a bigger problem, right, just like if you lock your keys in the car, that's a big problem. If you've left your keys on the counter, but you know where it is, it's still a problem.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know it's not in your car.
Speaker 2: A virus. You don't know, you don't know where it's at. You know what is Just look around when you go shopping shopping this evening and got some groceries, maybe sixty percent were wearing masks overhaf crazy.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen that many people wearing masks, but it was the first.
Speaker 2: Time I had seen that many. And then you know, there's this like fear factor. When you put your masks on, you lose so much of your ability to read expressions. You mean, portray expression, no read them. So like you go out, you can't tell if somebody's smiling at you or if they're angry.
Speaker 1: All you do is you see half you see their eyes. The people with masks on are hard.
Speaker 2: Or you too. So you could go up and totally be kidding somebody and say something, but they can't see her this part of your face.
Speaker 1: Don't put your face.
Speaker 2: So they don't know they you know, they can't read it. All of a sudden, they can't tell you're smiling or you know, blowing a kiss at him. They have no idea, which is fun. So I wore my mask when to Fred Myers went to all the eighties and blue kisses at him. They had no idea. I didn't really do that, but that'd be fun. I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: How do you know they're cute if they got masks on, we'll see there you go, they got wispy with wispy eyes. But then but then they take their mask off and they're I guess.
Speaker 2: They're really gritting their teeth. It's such a strange phenomenon. I don't. I don't know really how to deal with it. Every day I wake up and I sometimes wonder if I'm in dream right.
Speaker 1: It feels like that sometimes, doesn't it, Because so much has changed in such a short period of time, it really has. It's been like a couple of weeks ago, I was like, this is so stupid. It's just gonna blow over. You know, there's gonna be three hundred soccer moms lined up at Walgreens to get their free coronavirus shot, and then everybody's going to be like back to normal and the next thing, you know, I don't know the whole thing I've got. I've got isico propyl alcohol in my hand in my theme. I'm wiping my hands down. My hands are cracking, you know, I don't. I don't know if it's going to get back to normal. I mean maybe maybe years down the road. But you know, how long does it take to form a habit? I mean today, I think they say two weeks is how long it takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're going to what eight six eight weeks of this kind of thing, and it's starting to feel a little bit more normal When I wake up I've dealt with it for six weeks, and so it's art to not feel as shocking as it did in week one and week two. And so like today, we had a guy come and work on our house and put some tile on a backsplash that we were supposed to have done way before this ever hit and everything got slowed down. But today the title guide came and he came to the door and a nice looking guy alway's friendly, wasn't wearing a mask or anything, and I kind of forgot for a moment, and I reached out and go, Hi, I'm Mike, and I shook his hand and he shook my hand, and then like while we were holding hands, which was kind of awkward for a half a second, we both.
Speaker 1: Realized what we were doing, and we both like jerked back hands, like oh crap man.
Speaker 2: And then we like bunked elbos.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I did that the other day. I gave away a mattress. You're actually over here helped me with the Yeah, I remember that. And the guy showed up and I'm like, hey, I'm Austin. Stuck my hand out and he reached over and then I like pulled my hand away oh, and then I was like, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. This is what they say, But.
Speaker 2: I mean I witnessed that. Yeah, that was austular. That was very awkward.
Speaker 1: I think that guy was high. I think so stressful times lead to drastic making.
Speaker 2: Whatever you got to do to keep yourself saying right. All that to say, it could take a while before things come back to what we now consider as normal. The new word is new normal, and I hate that crap. I hate these words and the psychoanalyzation that goes along with them. But I mean maybe that's really what we're experiences. We're going to shift. It's going to take a while before people feel comfortable reaching out and taking your hand.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to just like go around hugging people, just kidding.
Speaker 2: For all the you know, the the what do they call him? Not the millennials?
Speaker 1: What was before the millennials?
Speaker 2: What's my generation called?
Speaker 1: Old? No?
Speaker 2: Not Gen X or before that? Maybe boomer baby boomer, and I'm I'm right in between something neither. But all the baby boomers, you know, they go up and hugging like my dad, who is the what do they call that? The Great Generation? He hugs people. He goes up and he's hanging on him and stuff.
Speaker 1: Not me, you know, not me, not me. Yeah, you never really hug the people you love, just these strangers.
Speaker 2: But you know, we're afraid that he'll go out when he goes out and go up and hug people or touch him and stuff, because he's so he's like Joe Biden. You know, he cops a field everywhere he can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we're afraid to let him out. You know, we got to keep him caged up because he's gonna go out and get beat up because he's touching people, or he's gonna he's gonna get the corona. Fortunately for me, I don't typically enjoy people's presence. You know, if I'm at a restaurant and somebody walks through the door, I have this bit of like, get out of here, this is my restaurant now. Yeah. People, So this whole this whole thing hasn't really changed a lot for me. I still had to go to work. I did get a little bit sick and I had to go get tested and stuff or evaluated. But I had to stay home for a while. I was a little bit weird, but for the most part. I don't really like being around people, so it hasn't changed a whole lot for me.
Speaker 2: Well here's something like that. So here, you are sick, and I've kind of been sick, and I've had family members that are sick, and it's like, no, it's not the Corona. Some of them got tested. Oh no, no, not the Corona virus are And then then you find out that like up to forty percent of all tests are like false negatives, like it like in New York right now, they I read an article up to one out of every seven people either have it or have had it. So I mean that's over that's over twelve percent of the population of New York that's already got it or had it. And then you think about all the people here, Like so my sister, she's a nurse, she got tested, came back negative. But then I have a niece that got tested, came back negative, got sick a little bit, had pneumonia, went back tested again, came back negative, gave her antibiotics, got her through it, and then they went back and said, you know what, you had Corona. It tested negative twice. But there's like this percentage that came back positive. But so we couldn't really tell. But yeah, you the antibodies are there, so yeah, you had corona. Meantime, she's galivant around giving it to everybody she comes in contact with in the house she stayed at. So they've had corona.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't. It wasn't it wasn't a severe symptoms, so nobody knew.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that is weird. It's weird because when I got sick, they called my father in law told him to come down because he was sick as well. They told him that they were going to test him. So he got there and they're like, you know, have Corona be out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do it.
Speaker 1: He's like, well you called me, so he had to go home, and then I went in because you know, if he's getting tested and I'm sick and we have similar symptoms, then maybe I should go get tested too and just make sure that I'm not gonna, you know, go see some old lady and killer by accident. So I go to get tested. They don't even test me. They just say, yeah, if your fever goes away for a couple of days, go back to work. It's like, this is silly. Yeah, well I don't even I don't even know, which actually probably kind of bothered me more because it made me feel like even the people who are supposed to know what to do and supposed to do things don't know what to do. So that's the kind of information or crap that makes me want to information. Well, Anonymous, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's information, but it's kind of almost bad information disinformation because it doesn't help you. It gives you nothing actionable, and that's the kind of stuff that makes you go home and have bad sleep habits, which is probably gonna end up with you having some kind of terrible nightmare about some invisible enemy that's chasing you and your family into a dark room and trying to stab you to death knives.
Speaker 1: It was weird when when I went back to work after I stayed home for eight days, they said three. I ended up staying home for eight almost after my fever went away, So I think I did my due diligence in terms of what I was told. I did that plus more than double. When I got back to work, people were a little weird about around me, and one guy came and kind of chewed me out, like, I hope you get coronavirus. But there's a guy, you know, he's got cancer, and then there's this lady, she's got lung problems. And then there's this guy. He just had a heart transplant, and I mean, that's not an easy thing for your body to recover.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, that's the scary part of this virus for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I kind of felt like I was there at me when I was at work because I got chewed out, I got sent home. And then I feel like, what if, for some weird reason, even though I was okay to go back to work according to.
Speaker 2: Medical professionals, you passed on that, And God, what if I got.
Speaker 1: This guy sick? You know, nobody's been sick yet so well.
Speaker 2: And that's like your mom, you know, her concern it and being a role follower really has nothing to do with her own self preservation. She thinks about her grandkids or kids or her friends that are have illnesses or some kind of underlying condition that's going to get them trouble.
Speaker 1: Or like my dad, who who was older, I mean asthmatic a little bit. I have mild asthma. Tiffany, our niece, who has worse asthma. You know, she doesn't want to get them sick, so she she sleeps terribly. I'm surprised according to the literature I've been reading that she doesn't have a lot more weird, strange lucid dreams because she sleeps like crap. Your mom wakes up every morning, oh, I know, four am and plays on her phone for an hour, then goes back to sleep for an hour. Half of it's her snoring. I think, Yeah, she does snore like you. Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Lot. You guys are like a snore symphony when you get together and fall asleep on the couch.
Speaker 1: Austin snored, bass.
Speaker 2: Snored ye and then our dog snort soprano.
Speaker 1: Yeh. Panny and Chailey joined in right with them.
Speaker 2: Yep. Geez.
Speaker 1: Well, gosh, you know, I just think this whole pandemic dream thing is it was very inter resting, and I also think it was a little bit providential because we were in this topic of dreams before COVID nineteen was a condition, and before coronavirus caused the condition. Similar to how we we we were like, let's do cattle mutilation, and then it seemed like even now I hear everyone's in a long story. And maybe it's because I'm more aware, but I feel like as soon as we started talking about it, it's still going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's weird, so it disappears until we decided to bring it up. So you know, we got to be careful to topics we choose because as soon as we choose me, it's like big things happen.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about for our next episode, Father and Son Podcast duos when lotteries.
Speaker 2: I was going to say the exact same thing, or when sponsorship for dual Sport Motorcycles across the.
Speaker 1: World and Father and Son Podcast Duo sponsored by BMW and KTM and Honda and multimainion dollar lottery winner at the same time, whilst also being the first person to get jacked in Columbia And what oh, that wouldn't be first. I think we have sake got hijacked and held for ransom. I mean like jacked overnight. Oh you mean like muscular Yeah, like a Spider Man situation where I can wake up. I'm like, whoa, why did I rip the door knob off the door and I'm just freaking ripped all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: You know, it's really sad, So like My age right now is that when they say that, like guys start losing muscle mass and stuff like that, and it's like kind of totally makes me not want to even work out. It's like, just let it go.
Speaker 1: There's in the last forty years of your life.
Speaker 2: Maybe I know it's like genetically, I mean, I'm a fine specimen man. Why what if it's all downhill from here? WI fight it?
Speaker 1: Just enjoy the ride.
Speaker 2: Role I do notice, like, so your mom and I are going to go out and try to camp a little bit this weekend self isolate away from our house and just to get out because we've been in here forever and driving us crazy. And so I was loading up the trailer and you know, I have a little generator and I have some other things and I was lifting them up. It's like they were heavier than I remember them.
Speaker 1: Pain. It's like that's funny, and all my muscles are like like aching.
Speaker 2: It's like, what in the heck is going on?
Speaker 1: I've noticed I have like dad's strength now that oh, becauseeah, like I can get things will happen. I'll you know, at work, I'll pick something up and it's no longer like I wonder if I can lift that, it's like I'm gonna pick that up, put it on the table, and it's just like wow. And then afterwards I'm like, oh, oh, my shoulder, my back, Yeah, I've got I've got pain.
Speaker 2: In this stupid finger right here. And it's not my flip off bird.
Speaker 1: Finger or is it. No, it's one over from that on my left hand, your finger. But when I noticed I reach over to No, it is.
Speaker 2: My bird finger on my left hand. Maybe that's something. But anyway, I reach over and try to pick something up with it and grab with that finger. Oh my gosh, it hurts. And then I hurt my heel. I got plantar faciitis from like standing too long at a convention.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I worked it for like four days and stood for four days straight. And now my heel stillores, and my elbow on my right side for some reason, I slept on it wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm like everything I'm doing is like heart's all, It's like what the heck.
Speaker 2: And I'm afraid to take ibuprofen because they say that can trigger if you have COVID, it can make it worse. So I'm not taking ibuprofen for I'm just wondering all of these things that I'm experiencing right now, fingers, aches and all this stuff. So I haven't been having pandemic dreams, but because of the impact on my sleep, I am wondering if, very soon, if I'm going to experience pandemic dreaming because of all the crazy stupid aches I have because of age, or possibly they say you get aggs when you get this coronavirus. Maybe I've had the coronavirus for the last couple of weeks because my I've been aching everywhere.
Speaker 1: I think you could also get aches and more pains from lack of sleep because your body's not compensating with the injury.
Speaker 6: Well so yeah, Or you could have diabetes, or you can have AIDS. I mean, you just pick your topic. You can have all kinds of symptoms. Drive you crazy, it doesn't let you sleep. I'm gonna have crazy dreams.
Speaker 1: I've had this headache right here. It feels like somebody's gotten like a sword goes in right here, comes out right here.
Speaker 2: So does it make you have weird dreams?
Speaker 1: I think I can. I definitely have had weirder dreams, and I wanted to keep like a dream journal, but I haven't been, but I have definitely had way more dreams, and they've all been more up gloomy or apocalyptic maybe. So on top of all these other things, I keep hearing stories about people getting robbed, stuff stolen out of their house, their doorstep, you know, like weird, terrible things. People are just being bad to each other now and I kind of been fearing people more too. I actually bought a gun yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you almost don't know what they you know, you can't. It's like, what are they going to do? Because they're desperate, because you feel desperate and you know they are too, but you feel like you have like a solid background, a bedrock that you stand on, but you don't know what kind of bedrock they standing on. They could be like weird people already go off the handle and like steal you for a can of beans.
Speaker 1: They're gonna steal me and then trade me for a canna beans.
Speaker 2: I meant to say, kill you for a canna beans? Okay, yeah I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I'll trade you this two hundred and forty five pounds seventy twenty seven year old for that Cannabians or they're gonna steal you put you in a bunker so that you can procreate and replenish the earth after we come out of the doomsday cellar. Not a bad gig. If you haven't seen the chicks, they got their corona masks on, I don't care. Yeah, that's hilarious. Anyway. What are you drinking tonight.
Speaker 2: Father, Irish staff? How about you?
Speaker 1: The old standby?
Speaker 2: I'm drinking little thing, I pay.
Speaker 1: Hazy little thing. Kind of a word play deal going on.
Speaker 2: I bought a couple bottles of Dragon's milk to take with me camping.
Speaker 1: Typical. Oh hey, one thing, one thing I wanted to say for me, too far down this channel. So there was some research done by a Finnish group in Finland. That's what finished people are. Okay, they're not just done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not like finished carpenters. They are Finnish people in Finlanders and they did a big study and what they discovered is kind of the thing that we talked about, which is that peace of mind lends to a positive dream effect. Oh yeah, whereas in contrast anxiety, crazy thing stressors and anxiety they relate to a negative dream effect. And the data shows that dreams that are frightening or otherwise upsetting are usually experienced by those that are having a negative dream effect caused by anxiety.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what we just said that this is a study, So that means we're really smart.
Speaker 1: You know. It's kind of funny. I'm reading a well, listening to a book series that you recommended to me, the Harry Bosh Yeah, hroneus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And who's the author, Michael Connolly Connolly yep. And he has he's going through a really hard time in this in this particular book, it's The Last Coyote or something like that. And in this this book, he's he's kind of dealing. He has to see a counsel or he's he's a detective and he's on leave because he got in a fight. You know, that's kind of weird stuff. And he's going through a hard time. He's afraid he's going to lose his job. His house just got hit by an earthquake and he's rebuilding it, but he's not supposed to be leaving living there because it's condemned. So he's got all these stressors in his life. And on his way home one night, he's he sees a coyote pacing its way across the street in a foggy night, and it kind of makes a weird, ominous, you know, creepy scene for him. And he goes home and has a dream that night about that coyote and it's funny and I don't know, kind of metaphoric for him in his life. Yeah, And he's talking about how this guy's going through a hard time and he has a dream that's like kind of intertwining itself with his things that he's the experience, and he kind of I think he kind of considers himself that last coyote, the last the last old school detective guy.
Speaker 2: There is a professor of psychology at I think at Harvard University name is Barrett Something but anyway something Barrick, Yes, something Barrett. They started doing surveys of people and their dreams, specifically pandemic dreams Corona pandemic dreams, and what they discovered is there's like this divide, there's one set and these are people that are health professionals that work in hospitals, and their dreams are very specific, kind of like your coyote. These dreams are about what they see, which are people dying on respirators, people struggling for breath, people not making it, and their struggle to bring them back to life or to save them. That's one category. Then you have the general population who is not seeing that medical stuff, but they're hearing all the terrifying things on the news, and those are manifesting and different kinds of things like bugs and zombies and natural disasters and shadowy figures. And it makes you wonder about the existence of shadow Man, which we talked about in our spooky Things and strange locations. I have a thought maybe those are dreams inspired because of their fears of anxiety and their life. But so anyway, I'll let you go, but I want to just finish this off. Other things are natural disasters, monsters, or mass shootings. So people because of this coronavirus pandemic are having an uptick of dreams that feature these kind of crazy, out of control things where they place a metaphor a visual metaphor of what maybe this virus is, whether it's a mass shooter, bud bugs, shadowy people, whatever it is. Yeah, those become the metaphor of what the pandemic is for them in their life. It's pretty creepy.
Speaker 1: It is just creepy. You know a lot of that stuff. Maybe not the bugs that stuff, but mass shootings things like that. I don't think I've ever heard, well, maybe I have, but people are now like just news obsessed, and it's like people are blaming Donald Trump for coronavirus, blaming the Liberals, blaming the Democrats, blaming Republicans, blaming the President, blaming Nancy Pelosi. It's like, what so that intertwines mass shootings, politics, just everything's kind of like conspiracy related. And half the people out there, maybe not half a lot of people out there, are like, well, this isn't a real deal. The government's trying to manipulate me. The government's trying to push me into a corner and take away my rights, which adds a whole nother element of suppression. So even if they're not having dreams about the suppression caused by this creepy crawley robot that reproduces in your body and causes you to get pneumonia, maybe they're thinking about the government that's trying to push them down and trying to trying to keep them in one little corner and not let them be a free American.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, it's weird. It's convoluted, isn't it. It's like you know that you have the virus bug in your body. You have the conspiracy bugs of what you think, maybe government or whatever. Or Bill Gates, he's a popular one right now, and he's already he's got the copyright or the patent.
Speaker 1: For the virus, and he's already got the you know, he's using it to slip in track our information and little chips that are going to bed your hand so that he can value from Microsoft to give you a virus. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and it should be Apple, right because they're the forbidden fruit. Just look at their logo. And why Bill Gates? You know it was Steve Jobs. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: But he's dead. Well, as far as you know, you're trying to blame a dead guy.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's not.
Speaker 1: Maybe he reproduced or women ornated as a Him and Elvis Presley are living in an underground home.
Speaker 2: In Las Vegas, Nevada. Wow, I'm pretty sure that's happening. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a weird time to be live, and there's a lot of crazy things going on, and we're seeing this uptick in dreams, but those same stressors.
Speaker 2: That we're experiencing now and the volume of lucid dreaming. I wonder sometimes, you know, in dreams in general before this time, are they the same things that cause lucid dreams in the eight categories we talked about in Part two of Strange Dreams, Are they any different? There might be more of them now, but are they the same causes? Can you categorize them in the same ways? I kind of think you can.
Speaker 1: You probably can.
Speaker 2: Maybe the person that's going to find the cure to the pandemic, maybe he'll discover that in the dream, like Albert Einstein did for the theory of relativity, which is another thing we'll talk about in our next podcast, but hopefully we can do that one together. There is something about being able to see you across the room and talk with you when you're in the room that's different than what we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like it keeps us on track. We don't rabbit traills much well.
Speaker 2: And yeah, because we're there for a specific purpose here, we're in our rooms that we're in during the day, and now it's suddenly an offsite studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've got all these distractions, Like my phone. I keep it right here just in case my you know, showing it something upstairs. I can hear if the kids get up. I can hear the dogs when they bark, you know, noises behind me in the window. That freaks me out.
Speaker 2: So, you know, and not in confidence because we're doing this publicly, But isn't it weird to kind of watch I keep looking at myself while I'm talking.
Speaker 1: Yea, because I'm sure my eyes are just bouncing back and forth because I'm not used to seeing myself and I talk, and it makes me feel a little bit self conscious. Oh yeah, big time.
Speaker 2: It was like I gotta pimple my forehead or you know how I can't see my teeth.
Speaker 1: Or my beers.
Speaker 2: You're scruffy, you know, whatever it is, it's bad.
Speaker 1: You're thinking a lot about yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a distraction.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a bad dream now.
Speaker 2: I do think I'm thankful for this technology that we can do this, because otherwise, who knows how long it'll be before we can do an episode. And I have to apologize to our listeners that it's taken us this long.
Speaker 1: But it's been a weird time. I feel like they're understanding. Yeah, they better be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing you know we should talk about on you a little bit, because you know, we talked about it in one of our or maybe both of our last attempts of doing this, and we're gonna use this this one no.
Speaker 2: Matter what, because three strikes were out right, But what did we do recently? We ended up picking up up another.
Speaker 1: What before you get there? Okay, what I was gonna say, cause you're talking about these dreams? Yeah and and uh and then you like went into shadow people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It made me think about something because there's this like kind of myth of sand Man.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so.
Speaker 1: Weird you say that because I've got I went online, I entered The Sandman by Metallica. Nice.
Speaker 2: I got that sound clip because I wanted.
Speaker 5: To use that in this way right now.
Speaker 1: Our last name is Oric, and the drummer for Metaca's stands but he only has one one. No, that's Death Leppard. Come on, well his name's Ulric too. No, No it's not, isn't it. No, I don't know the drummer for Maybe it is, but I feel like I would know that. So yeah, like lyrics are cool drummers, whether they have one like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, his tongues out always out. You gotta be carefully gonna bite it off. But anyway, sorry I interrupted you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was wondering if maybe that myth of sandband, this guy that appears to you and leaves sand in your eyes and causes you to dream. I don't even know if that's the exact that was.
Speaker 2: I remember my grandma telling me that story. You go to sleep, you know, you get sleepers in your eyes. That's because the Sandman comes and puts them in here.
Speaker 1: It's like dropping dream dreams in your eye, which is terrifying if you think about you tell that to little kids, what's wrong with people? But maybe that comes from like hat Man, Like maybe people are waking up seeing these shadow people and they're like making this leap into this. This guy was in my room and he was filling my head with these dreams.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I couldn't move and okay, wait, so you're saying that Sandman and hat Man are the same man. Maybe mister dreams, maybe mister Dreammaster wears different hats and one of them is made of sand and one's a foedora.
Speaker 2: Yep, strangely like Clint Eastwood in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, like a.
Speaker 7: What are they called mestizo nostisio no uh uh l two Picabra repisado and Ole.
Speaker 2: Dricaz, Gonzalifi, Jose Cuervo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gaucho gaucho.
Speaker 2: Strangely like a gaucho.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, before we close out, we should talk a little bit about our plans for future episodes. We're going to do at least one more episode on dreams, where we're going to march through all eight dream categories that we talked about in part two, and we're gonna like try to tie those in with like famous dreams that people have had, because there are quite a few. It's very very interesting.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna go on to some other stuff and I don't know what all that stuff is, but we do have a big one coming here in a couple months. We'll be at squatch Con in Boise, Idaho, Yes, on June thirteenth, So if we have any listeners in Boise or somewhere close by that you want to come and check out Squatch on in Boise.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun thing.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a series on all kinds of things big and hairy. Yeah you know what I'm and yeah, so so that's cool.
Speaker 2: That's coming up. And we also to go along with that, we bought tell me a motorcycle.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we need dual sport motorcycles to go out in the wilders and investigate strange things.
Speaker 2: So we got a second one. We had one, now we got two, and we're gonna make it a point at least once or twice or three or five or twenty times this summer to go out and ride these motorcycles and investigate strange things all over the state of Idaho.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the Nevada, Nevada, Montana. Yo.
Speaker 2: Mean it's all Uah, Washington, Washington. A lot of strange things in Utah, but we don't want to go there yet.
Speaker 1: Oh and if you're in Utah, we love Utah, but love Utah.
Speaker 2: We live there. We live there for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we can say little. You know, it's like, why is it windy in southern Idaho? I don't know, because Utah sucks and Montana blows blush.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I had to do a regional joke there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Awstome, why don't you take us towards the finish line and wrap up. We'll let everybody go. And we are very appreciative.
Speaker 1: That people kind of hang with us during this new technology time. We're doing this remotely and practicing safe self distancing. And it's good to see your face, even though it's small and on a screen and fuzzy. Hearless. Well, I guess I'm my beard is killing back. Nice.
Speaker 2: I like your beard better. Yeah, you don't look like you're twelve, even though right now you're kind of like maybe fourteen.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, you're getting there.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but anyway, and if you're playing a drinking game, we just gave you four drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't drive home.
Speaker 2: No, thank you again for listening in. Share your stories, your dreams, especially right now.
Speaker 1: If you're having dreams, you can write them down and send them to my story at a strange thing dot com. Or if you're a creative type, read into your microphone and record it.
Speaker 2: You can send us a short recording.
Speaker 1: If you've got a cool voice, like a like an accent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it, do it? Like those guys. Your favorite accent.
Speaker 8: Not what you talk all the time, and you're saying stuff like I was need eating whileshes and angry ies. Woke up in the morning, try to sit myself down and talk. It couldn't sit down for us. I have had to go downstairs cood find enough. Just a little bit of a dream about nothing, and my neighbor's coming over to my house.
Speaker 1: And next thing you know, I'm sitting on Or you.
Speaker 2: Could talk like, yeah, dude, come on over.
Speaker 1: You know you gotta act like overly prissy, like yes. So I fell asleep one night really woke up like gip, I had one of my shardonnaye dreams.
Speaker 2: Or we could do a southern accent like y'all come on over, rock.
Speaker 1: Why are you having everybody over your house for having dream?
Speaker 2: I know, y'all y'all. Or you could be like from the Bronx or New York.
Speaker 1: You talk kind of good will, can be like an Idaho fella.
Speaker 2: You come over here, I'll cut off your head. I don't know what that is. I I don't know. I'm not a very good ventriloquist.
Speaker 1: All right, ventrillick wist, what do you call impressionist.
Speaker 2: I suck at those things.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can talk about Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go over the vets. I will go up in the middle lot and they say, you know, I have to sleep there. We go.
Speaker 1: Not even make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Or what's the girl from Ridiculousness.
Speaker 1: Chanelle West Coast? I don't even know how she laughs. It's annoying. Anyway, we're digressing again, like us on whatever podcasts app you listen.
Speaker 2: To tell your friends about us?
Speaker 1: Yep, tell your friends. Go to Facebook, Twitter, Insta, Google, tweet face. All of those guys keep checking out our online store to buy stuff that maybe isn't even able to buy yet. But anyway you can check it out. We'll figure that out. So join us next time for some hopefully some good dream stories. Yeah, some cold drinks and some strange conversations.
Speaker 2: Absolutely have good dreams. Man, sleep well, daters, daters U