Speaker 1: Here we go. Oh, we're gonna be busy today, big show, big show. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, bes Rod Ryan. Okay, I know it's all happening very very quick. Same thing for us man. Today's the day Buzzfest. We will announce give you everything you need to know about our spring Buzzfest Buzzfast twenty twenty five information coming at eight thirty this morning. We'll give away the first pair of tickets. Okay, yeah, let's do that. Free beer Friday. Thank you, Specs. I got beer straight up for you. At six, seven, eight and nine. What about this matchup double O seven taking on Cody fresh out of BedHead to head Tournaments of Champions winner goes to the final four.
Speaker 2: I think Sean Connery has been there before.
Speaker 1: Tony's tickets on the fun Fact flashback, we're giving away ghost tickets. And then Alex comes to.
Speaker 2: Me yesterday and says, hey, why don't we do this?
Speaker 1: I said, are you crazy? It's Friday? Okay, we got buzzfests, we got beer, we got open phones Friday. He goes, let's do the Torture thirteen because it's Friday. At the thirteenth, and the guy loves the guy loves torturing people on the radio.
Speaker 3: Ie.
Speaker 1: He wants to put in all the drops and do all that. Hoday, you want to do it for thirteen people? Why not? This should be the day he wants to do the torture at thirteen. It's called the torture ten?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got two people looking at me. I got two people looking at me now saying why not?
Speaker 5: For the listeners?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do it at seven twenty see buzz Vest's eight thirty and so much more cloudy, twenty percent chance of reign. It's much warmer out there. It's gonna be high around sixty eighth warmer out there right now too. What's what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 6: Okay, let's start with the national stuff. Good morning to everyone, including Home room. Yesterday, the White House National Security spokesman John Kirby told reporters that the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and state and local law enforcement agencies have not been able to corroborate any of the reported visual sightings of drones in New Jersey.
Speaker 5: So this is still a big story. We're going to talk about it.
Speaker 6: The agency say the drones appeared to be manned aircraft that are operating legally.
Speaker 5: So we're going to get into some of those sightings here.
Speaker 6: In Houston, Harris County, specifically, Judge Lena Hildalgo is denying Mayor Whitmyer's claims that she won't run for reelection in twenty twenty six. So Whitmyer has a media interview yesterday saying these are his words that Hildalgo's fixing to announce that.
Speaker 5: She's not going to run for a third term.
Speaker 6: He claims she is not enjoying her work and that she experienced emotional issues during her tenure, which charted.
Speaker 5: In twenty eighteen.
Speaker 6: So a spokesperson for Lina says that's completely untrue.
Speaker 5: So a little bit a back and forth there that's making the local headline.
Speaker 6: Hey, next year, six Firtoal Holidays are on a Monday, and then the fourth of July is on a Friday. That gives Americans multiple long weekends.
Speaker 5: But if you use your pgo use that paid time off from.
Speaker 6: Work to extend those you can turn them into many vacations.
Speaker 5: The first one to do it with is New Year's Day, which.
Speaker 6: Is Wednesday in the middle of the week January first, But if you request off Thursday, January second and Friday, January third, you'll get five days off total with the weekend. So basically there's a hack for Americans to take full advantage of their paid time off.
Speaker 1: And how many days can you get total?
Speaker 5: I think it's like fifty five fifty five days off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're if you're just allocated sixteen days vacation, you can turn it into fifty five.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I mean you can plot it out. There's a blog page up for it today.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, they'll plot it out to assist you.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, Morgan Wallen pleaded conditionally guilty to two misdemeanor accounts of reckless endangerment.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that was even a plea option.
Speaker 6: He was sentenced to seven days in jail, but it'll be served at a DUI education center. He also got two years of probation and has to pay a three hundred and fifty dollars fine.
Speaker 1: So it was like getting incarcerated technically, so really not really not really okay to jail. We thought this was pushed off until January and they did some deal yesterday. It was like, this is easier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not a surprise, but those three special stadium shows, the System of a Down sold out pretty quickly, so quickly that they added second nights to all three stops.
Speaker 5: The band will now be performing with corn.
Speaker 6: Itt MetLife Stadium for two days, and then with the Bench Sevenfold the Soldier Field for an additional day, and then with the Deftones in Toronto at Rogers Stadium for an additional day. All that information on the music blog page. And I got a big announcement later too. But those are Houston Seidlite what you got.
Speaker 4: On Thursday Night football, the Rams beat the forty nine Ers twelve to six. It was a rainy field goal fest. No touchdowns were scored in the entire game.
Speaker 7: Texas.
Speaker 4: They are going to be back from their bye week on Sunday when they host the Dolphins at Energy Stadium.
Speaker 1: The three point favorites heading into this game.
Speaker 4: Kickoffs at noon and you can watch it on CBS in Collegeable. It's Army Navy Weekend. They're gonna play it tomorrow in Landover, Maryland. Kickoff is at two and you can watch that one on CBS and basketball Rockets.
Speaker 1: Are gonna be back in action tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be in Vegas to play the Thunder in the semifinals of the NBA Cup tomorrow or tip off is at six or seven thirty if you. If they win, they're gonna play the Hawks or Bucks in the championship game on Tuesday night. That game tomorrow night will be on ABC. That is what's going on in sports. All right, let's go, man, four hours of pain. It's gonna go by quick.
Speaker 1: Big big day today, Man, Huge day today. I'm looking forward to it. First phone call is gonna be our first beer winner. Let's go. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday, Got free, Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: Free, Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free, Bam Friday. We're right, Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Man Friday. All right, here we go, Hey, good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who we got here on the phone?
Speaker 9: Looks up from up up Randy, Randy, Rodney, Randy. Yes, sir, Randy, Randy.
Speaker 1: Rally are why I'm looking at Alex? Is this a Randy on the phone. This's the fourth time dude, h Alex is alive.
Speaker 4: All right, Randy, you did it.
Speaker 1: Randy, you're calling number ten. Awesome rn Off from get the seven to ten. You got the first case of here today, Randy. Good morning, awesome, by whatever, Brandy.
Speaker 10: Time to start the weekend.
Speaker 1: What a great turn to start the weekend. Randy, where are you from?
Speaker 11: Report?
Speaker 2: Thank you for being up with us at Homer. What are you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Working?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, just got your work on this driesday morning down here.
Speaker 2: Oh you're drizzling out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we only got a twenty percent chance of ringing here, forty percent chance tonight.
Speaker 2: High up around six days. It's a little mild outside though, right it is.
Speaker 13: It's a lot warmer than it was yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot warmer it was.
Speaker 1: It was in the forties yesterday. It's almost sixty outside right now.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: Can I get one more of those?
Speaker 1: Please? Randy?
Speaker 15: Got it?
Speaker 1: You did it, Randy, you got the first case of beer. Man, Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, by gotcha you.
Speaker 12: I have a great weekend, Thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, thank you so much. Randy. That's awesome. Would you lose that? I didn't know if you I was like, I can hear him? Are you making sure that his line merks? And then I'm oh, Randy, that's right, we got a Randy drip. I mean on a day that you have suggested to use drops, right, you want to do this so focused on what the other drops are going to be? The thirteen drops. Okay, twelve drops. So we're doing this the torch. I're thirteen on Friday, December thirteenth. Get it, Tessa, I get it.
Speaker 5: Sift celebrate Taylor Swift's birthday.
Speaker 2: I know that as Taylor Swift's birthday. I hate that about myself. I did not know that you didn't.
Speaker 1: Deb from BMP, who wants you to go and pick up your stuff. If you ordered stuff from the Rob Ryan show cares online store and you elected to pick it up at Brand Management Professionals, Deb wants you to go pick it up. She gave my daughter a couple of years ago one of those little golden spine books of Taylor Swift. I know that Taylor Swift grew up on a Christmas tree farm. I know that Taylor Swift moved to Tennessee or Nashville when she was a kid. I know that her birthdays on the thirteenth. I know that are favorite numbers, the thirteen.
Speaker 3: I know this.
Speaker 5: You're basically Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 11: I know this.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Taylor Swift. Amy Lee's birthday today. Amy Lee is younger than I thought.
Speaker 5: Old you tell me thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Evanessence has been around a long time.
Speaker 5: Okay, thirty eight.
Speaker 16: She wasn't.
Speaker 1: Thirty four. I was close. She's thirty four.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: I feel bad that I outag her.
Speaker 1: But I thought I thought Amy Lee was in her forties. Yeah, not that she looks it.
Speaker 6: No, she's ever People that in their forties look twenty now.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 1: I just I guess I never realized nobody ever made a big deal about how young she was when Evanessence got signed.
Speaker 2: I guess so she was young because she had such a powerhouse voice.
Speaker 6: Right, so it's like you must be a season professional.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 14: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. So good for her, happy birthday or hers. She's cool. She's one of the coolest chicksen Rock, no doubt about that. We're gonna be busy today, guys, eight thirty Today bus best announcement Torture thirteen at seven twenty Fresh out of bad Head to Head Double O seven, Sean Connery takes on Cody. I mean, what if your open phones the last hour, guys, is I don't care what they're doing on any of these other dumb radio shows.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, it does not hold up to this. It just doesn't. Such a loser, and I'm sorry, not sorry. Okay, don't go anywhere, man. We got a huge show for you today.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative.
Speaker 3: And tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four the bus or.
Speaker 1: Five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, making some preparations to get ready for the fresh out of bed head to your Head Tournaments of Champions. Twenty percent chance of rain today cloudy hies up around sixty eight, forty percent chance tonight now I mentioned lights in the heights. Saturday, forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Hopefully it'll be cleared up by the evening if you're gonna be strolling around looking at the lights this weekend. Saturday hies up around seventy eight. We might hit eighty on Sunday.
Speaker 6: What's struggling alex Is Lebron James retiring, taking a break, just not playing basketball?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Took his first rest day this season this week.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's he's He's trending on Google. Lebron James steps away from Lakers due to personal reasons, and me amid a shooting slump, feeling gas. So yeah, were people were talking about all wrong?
Speaker 3: James?
Speaker 5: Interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 6: Also, Bella Hadid was named Rookie of the Year for horse cutting, which.
Speaker 5: Is some type of horse competition.
Speaker 6: This chick is like a straight up runway model, but she's gone country completely rodeo country like winning awards.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what that meant. It's on the Looking at Girls blog page. I just sa, I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: She did something put her on there.
Speaker 6: She won this huge belt buckle like Rookie of the Year for like she's a professional what roadier horse cutter, a rodeol gal all right, which I thought, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: And then James Kennedy, he was on vander Pump Rules back in the day. He was like a DJ. He was a rested for misdemeanor domestic violence. Apparently got in a fight at his Burbank home where he allegedly grabbed a woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah so people, that's kind of in the news cycle as well.
Speaker 6: We already talked about Morgan wall and getting his slap on the wrist, So that'll probably what's happened here too.
Speaker 5: Will probably do what happens here too. That's what's trending on nighty.
Speaker 1: Four five of us. That's the one thing I know nothing about, and I want it to remain that way. I don't want you to explain anything to me. I don't know what a vander Pump is. I don't and I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll keep it to myself way, Yeah, yeah, you don't get it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't get it. I don't want it. You know, I don't want to vander pump. You can just I don't want to come down with a case of the vander Pumps.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get sick, I'm gonna get addicted.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know. That's the one thing I catch myself saying on the show.
Speaker 2: I hate that I know this.
Speaker 1: I hate that I know that.
Speaker 2: No more, I love that I don't know what a vander Pump is.
Speaker 1: His music's on So morning, everybody, Double O seven.
Speaker 18: Sean Connery advancing in the Grade eight in the fresh out of bed Head to Head Champion and I'm still in it, baby, Join me on Friday, December thirteenth as I take on the winner between Sewan and Cony. I don't care if it's shaking or stirred. Bring him up, because I'm winning it all this year.
Speaker 1: Bitches, we avoided the Sean v. Sean. You're lucky, Alex. Yeah, you're lucky.
Speaker 7: You're lucky.
Speaker 1: No, you're lucky. You're you're lucky. You're the one that's lucky, not I. You'd be looking at those vacation days in the bog page. You'd have plenty of days off. Show you how to turn your year, and it's three hundred and sixty five days off if we had two Shawn's playing right now? No, all right, where's this guy?
Speaker 7: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 14: It's first time Hall of Famer Tody advancing to the Grade eight and the fresh out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: You're welcome.
Speaker 14: Now, let's know Sean versus Sean to worry about, and don't worry about my first game Jitters coming back at Killer, joining me Friday, December thirteenth versus Sean Connery, and I take out the favorite to move to the final four.
Speaker 1: Bitches, that's exactly the kind of speech I need to hear right now. Okay, because there's already been the picking of the double seven going all the way said he's coming back a killer after his first game in the tournament. I believe him when he says it. I think this is going to be a great matchup Cody. Shock the world, That's all I'm saying. Shock the world. Now, we got to wait three minutes. It's three Beer Friday with Rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: I don't drink in the morning.
Speaker 1: Maybe on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz Giovanni and the Higher Guns Rob Ryan's show. Yeah, it's free beer Friday. Yeah, we're down a case of beer already straight up at seven, eight and nine. Thank you to our friend Specks who have been on board with us all year long, able to give you guys these beers. Torture thirteen. I don't even know what that means. Yeah, buddy, that's coming up, Alex. Alex grabbed the stick. He goes, I got the stick, I got the wheel here, so I don't know what he's doing. Seven twenty and then we're announcing Busfest at eight thirty. Today.
Speaker 10: Mild.
Speaker 1: It is very mild outside right now, cloudy, twenty percent chance of rain. Highs today of around sixty eight, forty percent chance of afternoon showers tomorrow, thirty percent chance of showers on Sunday. But it could be eighty. It could it could go up to eighty degrees on Sunday.
Speaker 16: And now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to head challenge, listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 1: You know what, I want to talk to the killer. I want to talk to the killer. He said he had some first round early bracket jitters. He said he's gonna come back in the grete eight and as a killer. Killer Cody, good morning. How are we feeling good? Are you a killer?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Killing fast? He's killing?
Speaker 5: He's a killer, feeling fast?
Speaker 1: He's feeling fast. Asked he's a killer. He knows he's got a hell of a player, that he's got a beat today. It's double O seven.
Speaker 2: Sean Connery, good morning, Okay, good morning, everybody. Good morning, bro.
Speaker 1: So you've been here before you've been in the Final four before. This is this is no big deal for you, Sean Connery.
Speaker 16: No, it is.
Speaker 19: So they're all nerve racking.
Speaker 1: I don't hear yourself. I don't hear you calling yourself a killer. I hear one person calling themselves a killer. His name is Cody, and he's taking you on today. That's what I hear.
Speaker 12: Yeah, anytime I talk trash.
Speaker 19: You know what? Yeah, I love Cody.
Speaker 7: The killer is playing it.
Speaker 1: You don't need it. Killer, He's a killer. He's a killer, all right. I love this game.
Speaker 3: What he.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Sean and Cody is what we are listening for.
Speaker 2: Alex and Tessa.
Speaker 1: I need you listening, hot you, I need you listening. I'll be busy here and asking these the wonderful questions Sean Cody Question number one. Winner goes to the Final four this year. What abandoned Houston Structure? Sean Cody, Cody need an answer? Correct answer, Killer Cody, Complete question. What abandoned Houston Structure is known as the eighth Wonder of the World. Uh. He said he was feeling fast. Did anybody get a fast vibe out of that?
Speaker 5: I mean that was clearly yeah, faster than it wasn't close.
Speaker 1: It wasn't close. Question number two, what do you put in a beverage?
Speaker 11: Cody?
Speaker 1: Cody nice? I need an answer in three two one?
Speaker 5: Yes, Wow, yes, okay, Cody, you are a killer.
Speaker 1: What happened? It's a different guy. I mean, listen, the guy won five games. He got into the Hall of Fame for the first time this year. He was shaky in that first game. He knew it. He said, I'm coming back a killer. When has anybody ever said in the victory.
Speaker 2: Speech exactly what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: He did that today. Double seven I co signed O. G. Ben when he said that you were going to win the whole thing this year, I did. I'm like, I gotta feel like Ben. I got a feeling. O. G. Ben knows what he's talking about. Wow, that is the upset of the tournament, maybe upset of the year.
Speaker 5: There's yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: So far he can continue. Wow, all right, Gumblo seven, you know you're a great We love having you a part of the show.
Speaker 2: Dude, Merry Christmas, do you.
Speaker 19: I'll be back.
Speaker 18: We'll be back next year, Mary Christmas?
Speaker 3: Do you killer?
Speaker 1: Cody dude, what got into you? Killer, Cody? That was a that was an unbelievable statement game.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think that one and then the Abbey beating Sammy bit Baker David Jr. Are the biggest upsets of the tournament so far. What if they meet in the middle? Oh my, okay, Okay, I can't That's that's.
Speaker 1: Huge, all right, Cody? You still breathing?
Speaker 14: Odd Yeah, oddly enough. I looked out Abby on day or day five of her first run.
Speaker 5: Oh so she owes you, buddy.
Speaker 1: So Friday, so Monday, we're gonna see if Abby continues because she's taken on Adam take the shot. That's a huge.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If she can pull that off, that'll be a.
Speaker 1: Big Adam and Abbey on Monday. Why is the carpet weed? Todd Josh the Goat? On Tuesday, Titans. Cody comes back on Wednesday to play the birdman.
Speaker 5: Who beat Autumn yesterday on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Then you got Thursday and Friday. Geez, you kidding me? Left side of the brackets Birdman and Cody, one of them are going to be in the last game of the year. Cody, what your best game? Your best game of the year? Good time?
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 1: That was that one right there?
Speaker 3: That one out.
Speaker 19: Wow.
Speaker 1: You know Birdman's listening to man, dude, great game today, Congratulations, Thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 3: In the morning with The R.
Speaker 13: Ryan Show, only ninety.
Speaker 1: One the game ninety four five to fives. Gorilla is Clint Eastwood and Killer Cody Shocking World. Double O seven exits the brackets fresh out of bad head to head Tournament of Champions. Planet Fitness is our sponsor this year. One week from today, we will crown a victor of the year. You got huge names in it. Somebody's going to win a Planet Fitness one of your membership and one thousand dollars cash. You got big names in this tournament still, but you have this man as well, a fresh out of bed head to head shout Edge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 14: Good morning everybody. This is first time Hall of Famer Tody. Take you in the first round of the bracket. I told you I was coming in a killer in the grade eighth and that's just what I did, taking out Double oh seven Sean Connery. Now that puts this first time Hall.
Speaker 1: Of Fame in the final four.
Speaker 14: Birdman, I'm coming for you on Wednesday because I'm taking it all ditches.
Speaker 2: He's like, give me some lines.
Speaker 1: I'm too shaky. He knows what he's done. He knows what he's done. He's happy, but he's just he's that first time Hall of Famer. He's that first time Hall of Famer. That game was so unbelievably strong. How does that not send a message to every single person? I mean, of course birdman, who's got to play next? But the other side of the brackets are all listening. They had to hear that. That two questions to answers, the chiming in early beating double O seven, who's such a great player like that in that fashion?
Speaker 2: Come on, Kenny the cash man somehow is blaming the delay.
Speaker 1: Kenny, you're on the tournament. Kenny did send me a pretty brutally honest email. First couple of games, he said, Rod, I would have been out by now. I don't know what this is. I don't know what a pikachuu is. I don't know what this is.
Speaker 2: He's like, I would have lost like the first two or three games.
Speaker 1: He sent me an email. He's like, if I was in any of those games, I would be out.
Speaker 2: Wow, Like, Kenny, you.
Speaker 1: Have never seen you so vulnerable.
Speaker 5: Right, let me hold you.
Speaker 1: All right, this is awesome. One more week of it. That's all we got.
Speaker 16: Guys, who it's the fuck that's of the day we make you look smart, buddies, it's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: I brought us some fun facts for you today. Bill Nye, the science guy.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: William new Year's Eve doesn't have any degrees in any of the traditional science fields. Not a science He is a science guy.
Speaker 5: He's a scienceur.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He graduated from Cornwell University in nineteen seventy seven with a degree, the degree in mechanical engineering. So he's super smart. Nobody's saying that he's not a smart guy. But no traditional science training.
Speaker 5: He's an enthusiast.
Speaker 1: Maybe my favorite Abba song abb a Dancing Queen, No be too obvious, s os My Abba is the only top forty on ever where the song title and the artist are both palindromes. WHOA words and backwards spelled the same like taco cat forward and backward with so many dynamos? WHOA tell me that one? So many dynamos. That's a long one.
Speaker 2: That's a palindrome.
Speaker 1: Nice, it's a long one.
Speaker 2: I always go Taco Cat on that race.
Speaker 1: Car race car spelled backwards as race car good one. The main character in The Wizard of Oz Testa's favorite movie, it was originally going to be a boy. Imagine like a little dude being lost. That it's where he was going wearing those shoes.
Speaker 2: The main character in the Wizard of Oz was originally going to be a dude.
Speaker 1: L Frank Baum's niece, Dorothy died as he was working on the book, and he changed the character to a girl named Dorothy. That's neat, Thank.
Speaker 16: God, it's staph funk that to the day, we make you look smart and everybody's it's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 1: What you're giving away?
Speaker 5: I have Tony's tickets House Blues.
Speaker 1: All right, it's your fun Okay. My question today on the fun fact flashback is, uh, stan Lee was in the army during World War two and he worked with another guy and they were, uh, they were what they called playwrights. They created pamphlets for soldiers during World War Two. Who is the other writer that stan Lee worked with? Seven one three two one two And you can use his famous name if you don't know his real name. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, where's my boy here? He's on the phone again.
Speaker 20: Hey, how hey brother?
Speaker 1: There he is.
Speaker 2: How are you my friend?
Speaker 19: Doing well? Do well?
Speaker 12: How do we do?
Speaker 2: Almost?
Speaker 14: Thanks?
Speaker 19: Yesterday not so well, but now is down two one hundred and thirty four points. Kick off this morning at forty.
Speaker 21: Three thousand, nine hundred and fourteen NASDAC down one hundred and thirty two to nineteen thousand, nine hundred and two benchmark ten year treasures trading at a four point three five percent and oil stands at seventy dollars sixty one cents a barrel.
Speaker 19: To the months active. The big studs Coca Cola, Merk and Boeing, the big duds United Health, Caterpillar, and Home Depot. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Import Price Index for November. Right now. Futures looking good, They're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out here. This is Howland managed to direct with Ram James put it to the right ryding so Raymond James on saying flip them. He got the a delphicat always rack out with your stock out.
Speaker 22: Beman's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates, San come ever, nat AT, IBC, IART Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmns. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or record to buy or sell any security referred to your end. Because programs are an educational and informational servioses on the studs of dods are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 3: By Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. All Right, your good morning?
Speaker 10: Who we got?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 1: This is Peggy, Peggy, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing well?
Speaker 17: Thank you?
Speaker 1: How are you so great? Thank you?
Speaker 7: Stan Lee.
Speaker 1: Served in the Army during World War Two. I mean, I guess there's got to be one person out there, who the who the hell is stan Lee?
Speaker 21: I mean.
Speaker 1: Spider Man? Yeah, incredible hulk I think is that his hulk?
Speaker 22: Ba Man?
Speaker 1: I gotta kicking shut up.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: He was an Army playwright in World War Two? Who did he work with that? He like wrote things with doctor Seuss? Doctor SEUs? Is that Theodore Geisel?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I think that's isn't it, Alex?
Speaker 1: It is it is.
Speaker 7: I don't believe anything you said.
Speaker 1: Come on, I always tell you that Doctor Seuss also served as a playwright. With him, they created pamphlets for soldiers about how to avoid getting BD. Peggy, you're the winner. What are you giving her?
Speaker 5: Peggy against the Tony's tickets at the House of Bus. Congratulations girl, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, Peggy, You're awesome. Merry Christmas, hang on for me. Cloudy Skies, twenty percent chance of rain. Sixty eight is gonna be the high today, almost alex forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorm Tomorrow, seventy eight will be the high tomorrow. We can see eighty degrees on Sunday with a thirty percent chance of rain with party, Cloudy Scots. Let's get after it, Tessa. What you got for Houston's headlines?
Speaker 6: Well, the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are supporting the White House's explanation of drones that have been reported over New Jersey, hundreds of drone sightings have been.
Speaker 5: Reported over the past few weeks.
Speaker 6: The federal agencies say the drones appeared to be manned aircraft that are operating legally, which begs the question are aliens going to invade the Earth? There are at least four pilots in organ now in addition to New Jersey, we have some pilots in organ that have reported UFOs that happened the other night. A lot of videos being posted are just planes or helicopters, but some footage has people obsessed, Like there's a couple of viral videos. You can't I mean, it's it's an unidentified flying object, Like you can't put your finger on that.
Speaker 5: It's something you've never seen.
Speaker 6: Some think they're just larger than normal drones being operated at the ground on the ground. Others think it's a foreign government spying on us. So lots of accusations and theories being thrown around.
Speaker 1: And then I think every wing nut that has a drone in New Jersey is flying it up there trying to get why not get footage of it up close?
Speaker 5: So there's more drones, So the extra traffic, there's.
Speaker 2: Three times the drones that need to be up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that the government is shooting them down. Yeah, there's just like like citizens drones up there.
Speaker 6: Now, let's talk about this study by a financial tech company, because it says four of the nation's ten fastest growing cities are right here in tech. This smart asset you Census Bureau data to rank the one year change in population of more than six hundred US cities from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three. Two of the cities are right here in the Houston area, with number five as a Task Asida growing more than eleven percent. You have Conro number nine nearing seven percent growth.
Speaker 5: That the other two are in Central Texas.
Speaker 6: So you got New ron Full New bron Fulls and Georgetown. But I think it's really interesting how some of these outskirt. I mean, they're Houston cities, but Houston's so huge. Conro and a Taskasida seeing tremendous growth. You know, let's talk about ozempics and diet drugs that have been all the rage. Did you know twelve percent of Americans on weight loss drugs like ozempic and Wagovi say uh ah, for the holiday season, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Put that on pause because they make you not want to eat as much. When you're looking at that holiday table, it's like, I want to eat.
Speaker 6: They want to indulge, specifically to have more cookies, more sweets. They say, oh zempic and these drugs they really just they're like the discipline shot.
Speaker 5: You just don't have the appetite for it.
Speaker 6: The top temptations for people on weight loss drugs are Christmas cookies.
Speaker 5: They want their sweets.
Speaker 6: Fifty four percent of people want to be able to just eat more Christmas cookies. Forty eight percent of Americans say they have zero concerns about the long term effects of pausing their weight loss medication during the holidays. So yeah, because I feel like that's an appropriate story giving the.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you've been busting your ass all year long, go ahead, have a couple of extra cookies in a little I have some fruit cake.
Speaker 6: It does it does give me like hunger Games vibes. You know, when they take that little drug, they're like, oh, let me just go this. This little elixir makes me puke so I can indulge more. It's it's giving hunger Games a little bit. Paris Hilton, Paris Hilton just helped a bill get past unanimously in the United States Senate. It's caught this it's called the Stop Institutional Child Abuse Act, and Paris was actually a major champion of it because she suffered physical, emotional and sexual abuse at a youth residential treatment facility when she was a teenager. So the bill sailed through the Senate unanimously. There's a vote of one hundred to nothing. For those of you who don't know your civics. Now it has to pass the House and it'll be signed by the President. It has to be signed by the President in order for it to be active.
Speaker 5: But Parasite, we are so close and good for her.
Speaker 6: Trent Resner says he's pivoted to composing music scores in part because these are his words, the culture of music of the music world sucks, so Trent resnor Atikus Ross Nine Inch Nails. They obviously are an iconic industrial band, right. They've spent the better part of the past fifteen years though, doing scores for movies and winning winning auscar. So when they're getting interviewed, they're like, you know, you want a collaborative experience with interesting people. They say they do not get that from the music world. That's why they do the work that they do.
Speaker 5: Pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: You want to go check that out on the music blog page. Those are Houston's headline.
Speaker 1: I hope he finds joy in music again. I'll tell you it doesn't matter what question I get asked about any kind of a concert. What's your favorite concert? What's the best live thing you've ever seen? Nine of Nails is always a top five for me. Now, yeah, if you guys have never seen nineas Nails, and if he does decide to go and get back into music and touring, everybody needs to see them live.
Speaker 2: It's an unbelievable experience.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just one of the greatest live bands ever. All right, what you got over there?
Speaker 4: Well? On Thursday night football, that game sucked. The Rams beat the forty nine Ers twelve to six. It was rainy, it was only field goals, and yeah, that's what happened last night. Texans are gonna try and be a more fun game on Sunday when they returned from the BIE week to host the Dolphins at Energy Stadium. They are three point favorites heading into this game. Pickoff is at noon. You can watch it on CBS in college football. It's Army maybe weekend. They're gonna play tomorrow in Landover, Maryland. That's where the Commanders should play. Army is a six and a half point favorite. This is probably the best the two teams have been meeting up in this game in a long time. We're both undefeated pretty far into the season, so I'm excited to watch this one kick off of me at two.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on CBS. Find yourself a place where some Army people and some Navy people are watching the game, and stomp in there for a little bit. It's one of the more fun experiences watching the game.
Speaker 4: At a bar that I've ever been a part of. And it's any so much fun. If anybody knows of any like watch parties or anything, let me know. Jad the truck driver has been on me all week trying to like find a spot to watch it. So if anybody has an Army Navy watch party, hit me up Alex at Thebuzz dot com and I will share it on the next sports Blowing, the next sports report.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. It's better than being at the game. It's just being around the people that served.
Speaker 2: It's fun. The ball breaking that goes on.
Speaker 1: It's the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny because Army one the American Athletic Conference title game last week, and like normally when your team wins, you have fans storm the field, and it's really funny when it's the Army storming the field, really like very respectful, respectful, like hey, let's go here, but let's not be crazy. You can, uh, you can check that out again tomorrow too. And basketball Rockets are gonna be in action tomorrow night. They're gonna be in Vegas to take on the Thunder in the semifinals of the NBA Cup. They're six and a half point underdogs heading into that game. Tip offs at seven thirty and you can watch it on ABC. If they win, they'll face either the Hawks or the Bucks in the championship game on Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: He's rock He's this alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Us Right, Bam Friday, you got free Friday Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and.
Speaker 1: Friday and.
Speaker 8: Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan all right over to the phones. Good morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning morning. Hi, who's this this is you know, Nino, your caller number ten?
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hooking you up with the second case of beer today. Where are you from? Nino from mitcoc All right, my man, Hey, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas, my friend.
Speaker 11: Thank you very Christmas.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Enjoying those beers. Thank you to Specs for hooking us up with those beers all year long to give you, guys, there's two cases. There's two cases left, straight up at eight, straight up at nine. In between those two cases of beer right in the middle the announcements. I could just call it the announcement, and I think everybody knows what I'm talking about. But it is Buzzfest. It is Buzzfest, Buzzfest twenty twenty five. All will be revealed, the rates, the dates, the there's a ticket special. Yeah, there's a ticket special.
Speaker 2: Attached to the announcement.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you when tickets go on sale. I mean, you know everything you need to know. We'll be at a thirty. Then we get to talk about it and have some fun, and then man, before you know it, we'll be into open phones and you can talk about Buzzfest or anything at all that you want to talk about do do Brett Brandon, he's a gravy ganger. Yeah, it comes down to all of our golf tournaments and stuff. Him and his wife, they're having an anniversary. He was thinking of heading out to Lights in the Heights, so I was shooting him an email. It would be a great thing to go down, spend your anniversary doing that, Lights in the Heights this weekend, what's the situation with the rain? Got twenty percent chance of rain today, cloudy high of sixty eight, forty chants. Tonight afternoon is looking like they're gonna get some rap. We're gonna get some rain here, so maybe Saturday night will be fine, but it's gonna warm up this weekend. High have seventy eight. Tomorrow high have eighty on Sunday. One of the Texans planning Sunday at noon. At noon, Homer Away, Oh here home gang Okay summer saying there's a super Bowl preview this weekend. Bills are playing the super Bowl. Bills are playing the Lions.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that could be. That'd be the funnest super Bowl I think. Yeah, all of the likely combinations. You don't have the Chiefs in it again, so it changes it up. Yevels are fun and lions are fun.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gona be a tough game.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a fun game to watch through, a really fun game to watch.
Speaker 1: Ever crashed a party I had, you know what I had? I didn't see it, but when I got married, my wedding planner so told me there were some weddy crashers and she got it.
Speaker 2: She got him out, She kicked him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got married in the French quarter. Doors are kind of open. Anybody just kind of like meander in and stuff. She said she busted some people like getting food. I always was there. It was crazy. It was a crazy party. So I don't know what was going on, but yeah, she told me afterwards, go, oh yeah, there was a couple of people that came in. I had to get rid of them. Yeah, she was watching the door like a hawk.
Speaker 5: Good for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I did. I kind of crashed a party. I think it's two years now. One of the homes in close to my neighbor to where I live turned into a law office. The guy kind of said, hey, we're having some people out. We're having our law party here. Stop over, and I said, dude, I'm rolling deep. Tonight we were I was having a bit of a party, and I said, you don't want that. He's like, he said, well, if you're out, you know, if you want to come by afterwards. I kind of warned him, and then I walked in with like eight people. Is that crashing the party? He kind of invited me. I told him that I was going to have a bunch of people with me. I don't think he believed me. And then I came rolling in and everybody was dressed up nice, and then my idiots came rolling in and just went right for the food and the beer. Naturally. Is that is that crashing? I warned him? No, no, you warn them. Hey, yeah, I'm pretty I'm rolling pretty deep.
Speaker 2: It's that time of a year for holiday parties.
Speaker 1: Okay, So fourteen percent of people say that they've successfully crashed a party or an event without the host permission. People have been stopped. Nine percent of people said they've crashed a holiday party before, which we've talked about we want to go to.
Speaker 2: Office parties because we're not having one before the holidays.
Speaker 1: Not a crash situation. If we were invited, Oh, if we asked to go like I'm asking to crash your party. Come on with us? Yeah, I think that would be that's that's different. Who won the beer? Nino? Hey Nino, Good morning, Nino. You're still there? Wait a minute, Hey there you are?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: Are you having a holiday party? You haveing a Christmas party?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 21: From work?
Speaker 7: We already had it.
Speaker 1: Damn it, we're missing them. We're missing all the parties. Was it fun?
Speaker 19: Oh yeah?
Speaker 7: We had Mario Kart and Cornhole and they gave away prizes.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you're bragging. Now you ask you see it, You see an open wound and you went for it. Okay, that's salt. I don't even know if I want to give that guy the beer. Now, all right, all right, Nino, good for you. You had a holiday party already, all right, give Nino his beers. I guess it's not crashing. I just feel like I'm going to be a free agent on sad today. Okay, I don't have the kid. I feel like I'm a free agent.
Speaker 5: You commanders.
Speaker 1: I feel like a crash. I feel like crashing, crash. I feel like crashing, but it's not crashing if I'm invited in.
Speaker 5: The heights, like there's an ample opportunity.
Speaker 1: Crash, every opportunity in the world party.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're I'm coming in, You're in location could make up for a lifetime of not crashing.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's six pics this weekend?
Speaker 11: Me?
Speaker 1: I have six pics this weekend? I want I want six picks different parties, crashers. You can't be invited any of these with Matt Matt sneaking and stuff with you can get it anywhere?
Speaker 17: Did it?
Speaker 4: Dina and Hustle, Your buddy Hustle crashed a party at your old house, Katie. They like got in a kayak and went all the way across the lake. You had good bye. I remember that was one of my favorite Dinas stories ever.
Speaker 1: We I had a pool party. There was a much different party happening across the lake, the man made lake. There was a much different party, meaning people in tuxedos walking around with appetizers, and there was a string quartet. There was a string quartet. It was the guys. It was the dude's like seventy fifth birthday. That house across from me was massive, and that was like his little like vacation home. Yeah, he never was there and you're like, oh crap, there's people there, party, strings everything. Dinah in a bikini and my friend Hustle in his bathing suit. They go across the lake and they're doing shots with the old man, great drunk idea, like everyone everyone's dressed up. And then they brought people over. They brought like the grand kids over to party. They who are of age to drink. They brought the grand kids over and then they were doing shots at my house. They crashed the party. They did Dinah, I mean Dinah that was pre reduction. Guna had warlocks. She's walking around.
Speaker 5: Basically go anywhere was.
Speaker 20: This party and there are.
Speaker 1: Tuxedo people there and she's walking around this guy's house. That is like female privilege. I forgot to get into that.
Speaker 4: We're like girls can just show up at a party and like no one's like, oh, there's too many chicks here, A guy, a bunch of guys showing up to a.
Speaker 1: Party, Like, get out of here, dude, what's doing You're like, she's cool, come on in. And then I got crashed on and then I got crashed. You got crashed. Reverse crash.
Speaker 5: Reverse crash is good. It has been crashed on before.
Speaker 1: It was a It was a tit for tat crash right end of that day. Love it all right?
Speaker 2: H all right, I'm sneaking into some homes in the ice.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. On a free beer Friday, another case of beer for you straight up at eight o'clock, eight thirty, The big announcement. You're waiting for a chance to win some Buzzfest tickets. I'll have tickets for you as a part of the announcement, maybe even more than one pair. You don't know. You don't know me. You think you know me after twenty one years, you don't know nothing. He has a brain Today, cloudy high of sixty eight. Alex is setting something up over here. He's gone completely rogue. So we'll get into that tomorrow. Forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms, thirty percent chance of some showers on Sunday. How about Sunday's high could be around eighty. So here's what I see.
Speaker 2: I'd like you to tell us what's trending.
Speaker 19: OK.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ready to jump around a little bit. And then he's doing something on his own. So we'll find out from him what's trending, pleasey.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I got an email from YouTube tv announcing that they are increasing prices in January. They cited the rising costs of content and that the investments they make and the quality of their service. So they're raising it from seventy two ninety nine per month to eighty two ninety nine. Now, when I stepped away from cable, I thought this was a reasonable price to pay seventy two bucks. But I really don't use it that much and I have Hulu, Peacock, Netflix, so I'm I've.
Speaker 5: Just canceled it.
Speaker 6: But this, if do you have YouTube TV, this price hike takes effect on January thirteen.
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 4: They gotta pay for the NFL ticket. They bought the right c NFL tickets, so they got to make sure that they are making money on that.
Speaker 1: But that's a premium thing to get. So I feel like me, you and I were paying them to carry out of tickets.
Speaker 4: But they need to like the amount of money they spent to get the right NFL ticket, they got to recoup all interesting just doubling down what they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these these alternatives that look so attractive back in the day.
Speaker 6: All of them are now now it's just you're paying for cables table in different payments, like you're not paying for it in one payment.
Speaker 1: Else.
Speaker 6: Brittany Mahomes is pregnant. She shared her maternity photo shoot with people. I'm pretty sure you have this on looking at a girl's blog page. So that and then yesterday was the Billboard Music Awards and Taylor Swift was the big winner there. She won ten awards. At the Vegas Billboard Awards show.
Speaker 2: Lincoln Park played. They played at the show.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that's what's up.
Speaker 3: That's up.
Speaker 5: That's just trending on it for five.
Speaker 1: Buzz All right, as I prepare to jump around, what are you doing? You a what are you doing? I know that there's a game on this show is a game. I love it. It's called the Torture ten. I know of that game. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I was doing a little show prep yesterday and I was like, oh, hey, it's Friday at thirteen, this torture at thirteen.
Speaker 1: Maybe we have the Torture ten. Torture thirteen we give away prize?
Speaker 13: Why not?
Speaker 1: Why not? It's fun for the people by the people. How do you play?
Speaker 4: Because I know how to do the torture ten only we kill twelve people instead of nine people that live on air where else Ruling Ryan ain't doing that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think anybody is silly enough to do that. The show is silly. Okay, Well, it doesn't do you any good to call me right now. I have all the phone lines zeroed out, meaning every line is busy. By the end of the song, I will unbusy the phones and we will torture twelve of you and the thirteenth caller. Today we'll win tickets to go see Ghost. Please, everybody jump with me on the buzz Come on, let's go forward to it.
Speaker 2: By Tuesday, I'm already thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by Tuesday, I'm already thinking about when are we gonna jump around?
Speaker 23: There you have it.
Speaker 1: It's House of pain jump around, a great new tradition here on the Rod Ryan Show on Fridays. I hope you're off to a wonderful start to your day. Be careful, it is Friday the thirteenth. Although nothing bad could happen to you on Taylor Swift's birthday, Ryan, I mean nothing would never happen bad. And then she's kind of taken that and owned it and said that's her lucky number. The lucky em is the birthday, Like, come on, real, original Taylor, you don't like your birthday?
Speaker 5: When's your birthday?
Speaker 1: It's free beer Friday. I've got another case of beer for you at eight. I will give you a case of beer at nine, and at the halfway point of that, I will announce mother Father Buzzfast. You kidding me. I can't wait Buzzfest twenty twenty five, the announcement you've been waiting for, the bands, the rates, the dates, will give away, the first pair of tickets, all that great stuff. Cannot wait to get to that twenty percent chance of rain today. Cloudy Hive sixty eight. My man Kenny Webster next door. He works at the radio station next door to us. He made us a music bed today.
Speaker 5: That's nice.
Speaker 1: And you know, I can't do a very good Kenny impression, but he's like Jude, it's Friday the thirteenth. I put some sleigh bells to it. Can you use it for anything? I said, did you order useless?
Speaker 2: That sounds like Kenny Webster.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's so I said, yeah, thanks dude. I didn't know that I'd have a use for it, but I do. Because today is Friday the thirteenth. We're certainly counting down the days to Christmas, and Alex wants to do something called the Torture thirteen. Yeah, dude, maybe the bens per day year unless there's other Friday the thirteenth week.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know what do I do with my hands.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do. What do you want to said, Alex?
Speaker 17: Do it?
Speaker 1: Just take the calls. Take the call calls, Take the calls that you have stuff lined up for them. I do you have to think? Just what are we giving away from?
Speaker 5: We've got the ghost tickets at Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: This is a great music man, just just a rite. It's a beautiful mix of sleigh bills. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hi, who's this? I'm not sure what's going on with the radio show that has my name on it. It says that we're doing something called good fine, the Torture thirteen today. I'm looking for the thirteenth caller and your caller at number one. I guess this is the worst.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Ki, hell's a're going? This is Peyton. Peyton looking for calling number thirteen. I think that I am familiar with the fact that you are going to ignore this particular problem until it swims up and bites.
Speaker 3: You on the ass.
Speaker 1: All right, that's not good. You're good.
Speaker 2: Call call her to bro call her number two.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, guys, I appreciate you. I mean, he has no business being that nice with us. Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hi, Hi, who's this Katie?
Speaker 20: Jeez?
Speaker 1: Put that cook it down?
Speaker 2: Call her number three.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Good morning Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 1: Hi, who's this?
Speaker 13: This is Hannah.
Speaker 2: Hannah.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're on the show today. I'm glad you're on the show today.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're on with us.
Speaker 1: But who I think that's bad. You're caller number four this morning? Here with the who. Good morning Rob Ryan Show. Yes, sir, Hey, how are you today?
Speaker 7: I'm doing awesome?
Speaker 1: Yourself doing great, man, Thank you for asking.
Speaker 18: Me.
Speaker 20: That's a spice you need board?
Speaker 13: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. That gets you a caller five? Good morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 7: This is Matthew?
Speaker 20: Hey, Matthew you loser, loser, loser.
Speaker 1: Come on, Matthew color six, Merry Christmas, Good morning, Hello, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, moving on, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? This is Brody Brodyn. Sir, dude, Brody, you had you had a jaws drop already, Yeah, it would have been good for Brody. Brody wants to nothing but the bell. Brody wants to hear a bell. Brody wants to hear that. He's caller thirteen. It's the torture thirteen. Let me recount here. One, two, three four Brody, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Brody's that's not good. Good morning rob Ryan Show. Dude, do do hello? Say it's this.
Speaker 2: Thirteen thing that's going everybody off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's thirteen. Good morning rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 19: Justin, Hey, justin?
Speaker 2: Won't you go ahead and turn that radio down? How are you today?
Speaker 19: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: How's going? Man?
Speaker 3: Not bad?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 1: Three, four, five, six, Oh we're gonn close? Seven, I'm looking for thirteen.
Speaker 24: I am.
Speaker 1: It is no mean in you not no more?
Speaker 5: Damn broke up?
Speaker 1: Sorry bro alright, man, thanks number eight number eight if you're keeping traveling home. Sorry, Hey, good morning Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, Hi, what was this?
Speaker 21: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I didn't get your name, Glory, don't bump, bump, Lorie trying to I'm trying to get through this, and I don't want it to be painful for people.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I just don't want it to be painful. Yes, ah, well some nightmare. That's like one of my favorite ones. I'm sorry, it's very funny.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you're not the winner today.
Speaker 1: I'm so so.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 7: You have a great day.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: People don't deserve this, Alex. They're too nice. They don't deserve this. Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 17: Hi.
Speaker 7: Who's this that John?
Speaker 1: We're looking for call number thirteen in this particular torture session on the radio, and uh thirteen is gonna be the big winner today where we are at right now? No god, oh no, no, no God, please no no, no, you know no, yeah, your caller ten. Any other time you would have been the winner. Not today, No, dude, why do you gotta go changing things? Good morning? Good morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, a couple of these lines just say working for some Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Okay, good morning rod Ryan Show. This is Justin, Hi, Justin, I'm looking to go, great man. I'm looking for call number thirteen. Apparently we're doing something called the torture thirteen. You get nothing, you lose. Good day. Sorry, Bro call her eleven right.
Speaker 2: And people are still nice.
Speaker 1: He's in peys Bro's Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Rosendo?
Speaker 1: Let's do this. It's Rosendo. It's Rosendo, Alex might be, might be might be by six, seven, eight, Rosendo nine, looking good? Ten eleven Wait stuck you.
Speaker 23: No, I got no one of the goal.
Speaker 1: I got th sure just one yes twelve Rosendo, so close, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello. Who's this? Mm hmm I can't hear you?
Speaker 19: He is John?
Speaker 3: What? Hey?
Speaker 8: Har har?
Speaker 1: Who is this is John? John? Call her number thirteen thirteen, Sir.
Speaker 25: Thirteen baby laty thirteen A right, congratulations, dude, all right, the winner of the first ever torture thirteen Friday the thirteenth.
Speaker 1: December.
Speaker 7: What do you giving them?
Speaker 5: Oh, dude, you get ghost tickets in Toyota Center. Yeah, it's very fitting. Congratulations, all right, thank you dude.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Thanks for sitting through that.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Way to go, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 7: Brow, Harry Churtsmers guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, all right, you and Torture thirteen. The only person that likes torturing people on the air more than me, it's that guy right there. Yeah, it's fun, There's no doubt about it. The guy absolutely thrives on it.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, the.
Speaker 3: Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four or five, the buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show shined out coming up front eight and then thirty minutes after that is the Buzzfest twenty twenty five announcements, So making sure we got everything all ready to go.
Speaker 2: I don't have it in front of me yet. They don't trust me.
Speaker 1: With the information. You know, who knows anything in radio when people are getting blown out, when anything's happening, a format change, big announcement, the web people know. I think Chili knows. I think Chili has everything. I think he does.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think when you're in the web department. I think this is true for all businesses across the board. They know early, they know who's getting canned, they know what the announcement is. Whatever. I think he's sitting on the information right now. Interests, you can call him, try to get it out of him. Early. He won't even come in here.
Speaker 2: Come in here once today.
Speaker 1: That was it. So I know he's sitting on something good. It's like he's got a like a cake in there all to himself.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to share it.
Speaker 1: Does What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are corroborating the White House's explanation of the drones that have been spotted over New Jersey. The agencies say the drones appear to be manned aircraft and are operating legally. National Security spokesman John Kirby says they have been unable to confirm the sightings. Yeah, after John Kirby claimed that the majority of the sightings were just regular aircraft, New Jersey State Senator Brian Bergen was like, Kirby is a fool. So there's a lot of back and forth about these drones here in Houston.
Speaker 5: Harris County Judge Lena.
Speaker 6: Hidalgo is denying Huston maryor John Whitmyer's claim that she won't run for reelection in twenty twenty six. Whitmeyer had an interview yesterday, and he said that Hidalgal was fixing to announce that she's not going to run for a third term. The mayor also said Hidalgal is not enjoying her work and has experienced emotional issues during her tenure, which started in twenty eighteen, But a spokesperson for Hidalgo says Whitmyer's claims are completely untrue. Her current term as Harris County judge will end on December thirty one, of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'm not a confrontational guy. For some reason, I kind of enjoy that low key battle between those two.
Speaker 5: They are so petty with each other.
Speaker 6: I don't enjoy it because if they work together, I feel like that would be better for the city. It is funny it listened when he called her husband a nerd or something like that. Of course I chucked social media or a dor. It's something that I was like, mister mayor, that's quite silly, but and it is. I chuckled. But it's not funny that they're so petty that they can't get along to collaborate, because any collaboration for them could be better for Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: For some reason.
Speaker 2: It makes me giggle get along.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a giggly but in the grand scheme of things, maybe not the best.
Speaker 3: Next year, six.
Speaker 6: Federal holidays are on a Monday, and then the fourth of July is on a Friday.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Well, that means Americans are going to have multiple long weekends.
Speaker 5: But if you use your.
Speaker 6: Paid time off from work to extend those, you can turn them into many vacations. This is a brilliant hack. The first one to do it with would be New Year's Day, which is Wednesday, January first. If you request Thursday, January second, and then Friday, January third, that's like a whole week. You get five days in total with the weekend.
Speaker 1: Does every place allow you to take the first week off already?
Speaker 6: I think it's your time off, Like it's your time. You can use it anyway you want. I don't know that that works like that everywhere. Maybe not everywhere, but I think that is the norm. You're paid time off, your sick days. That's right, that's your time. I mean what, I don't think a lot of I think a lot of people just got off the Christmas. They probably took some time in Christmas, so They probably wouldn't run.
Speaker 1: It back to back.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't parlay it with some like you don't need a week off, you know, you just had it off for Christmas.
Speaker 5: But I'm pretty sure you can use it anyway you want.
Speaker 6: So listen if you want to see this on the blog page. It tells you exactly which days like for you know, if you have Memorial Day off, if you have Juneteenth off, it Labor Day. It shows you which ones to take off. That way, you can really extend your time to yourself there. Morgan Wallen pleaded conditionally guilty to two counts of misdemeanor reckless endangerment, and there's a wide consensus that justice has been served just kidding. He only got seven days in jail, but it'll be served at a DUI detention center. He'll also be on probation for two years, and he has to pay a three hundred and fifty dollar are fine. I don't know if he's gonna be able to afford that. It's three hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: Steve.
Speaker 1: It basically means you can't drink for two years.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: I feel like it does. I imagine his probation is specifically laid out as to what it is. But he's not going to jail like an intoxication thing. It would probably be probably, but.
Speaker 2: You predicted that that he wasn't going to do any jail time.
Speaker 11: But he is.
Speaker 1: It's not a jail. He's not going to a jail now. It's going to a facility.
Speaker 5: Place Dui detention center.
Speaker 2: He's not going to the Hilton.
Speaker 1: He's playing ping pong for seven days.
Speaker 2: He's not in his mansion.
Speaker 1: But he's not like turning big rocks in the little rocks either.
Speaker 2: He's not in a chain gang.
Speaker 1: Oh would never All right, what system of down added some more shows? I told you guys, with the amount of effort that gets put into getting together with your old band, working up your set list, getting back into the groove of things, there was no way they were only doing three shows.
Speaker 6: Well, I think people are willing to do that, but there also has to be a demand from the concerts, Like so that's why they're playing stadiums right because and because they sold out so quickly and they said, okay, you know what, we're going to go ahead and run it back. So they're they're going to stay in the same cities, but for an extra night for each one. So the one that they're going to be performing with Corn at MetLife that they're extending that one additional day.
Speaker 5: They're going to play Soldier.
Speaker 6: Field two days with the Vene Sevenfold, and then they're going to play with the Deftones two days in Toronto September thirty and fifth. So general tickets hills for the new date start at noon local time today.
Speaker 1: This is another one of those situations. System of a down was never this big. They were never this big, but the demand is there because they've been out of it for so long. They were not They're not a state, they weren't a stadium band.
Speaker 5: People will pay for nostalgia and record numbers.
Speaker 1: And then to fill a stadium two nights. That's what if.
Speaker 4: We didn't say anywhere else, but we just made more money staying in the same cities.
Speaker 1: That was pretty much the conversation. And when they booked it, they booked it knowing, Hey, are you free the next day? Just in case? All right, what do you got? On Thursday?
Speaker 4: Football, the Rams beat the forty nine ers twelve to six. It was a rainy field goal fest. There were no touchdowns scored the entire time. Texans are gonna try and be more fun than that game. They're gonna play the Dolphins on Sunday at Energy Stadium, returning from there bye week. The three point favorites heading into that game. Kickoff is at noon. You can watch it on CBS. In college trouble. It's Army Navy weekend.
Speaker 1: They're gonna play.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow in Landover, Maryland. Army's a six and a half point favorite. Kickoffice at two, you can watch it on CBS. They did get somebody with some watch party information at Little Woodrows in Midtown that.
Speaker 1: You want to go watch the game.
Speaker 2: That's the I think that's the hub.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that'll be a good a good party though.
Speaker 4: It looks like so if you want to go watch the game with a bunch of vets and a bunch of just Army Navy fans, go check it out Little Wood Rows in Midtown.
Speaker 1: This is not an ad at all.
Speaker 2: The one time I experienced Army Navy and it was at that.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday. You've gone free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Briday. You got a free man Friday, Free Bam Friday. Man right Bam friday' bam Friday and free Bam Friday?
Speaker 1: Is that Rebecca Black on a Friday, the thirteenth Friday? Good path, what's going on here? I have literally lost control of the show today. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 17: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 18: My name is Tyler.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tyler, my name is Rodney.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 13: I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty good as well.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're doing great.
Speaker 2: You're calling number.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hook you up in the case of beer. Yes, yes, dude. Congratulations Tyler, you got a case of beer. Thank you to our friends over at Specs for hooking us up with the bruise today. Tyler, Merry Christmas to you where you're from.
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 1: Spring, Okay, Spring, Tyler, hang on the phone for me.
Speaker 2: My man, Chili, He'll set you up, all right.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, although he might I need to talk to that guy. I need just hang on. He'll get to you in a second. Sometimes it gets difficult being right all the time. But I'm just wondering, Chili. Am I correct in thinking that it's eighth nine? You have the information because you're in the web department and you always have privileged information.
Speaker 2: On these things because you've got to get things ready.
Speaker 8: Do you know.
Speaker 2: Everything about the eight to thirty announcement right now?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 16: Or no?
Speaker 7: That's it. That's a yes.
Speaker 1: I told you he knows this. Why don't you tell me? Inside?
Speaker 9: Guy?
Speaker 1: And Alex is pissed now because he thinks you guys are some kind of not just twins, but like you know, I just joined at the hip con. I sent it to him in the text, Oh, you don't teck your phone? Yeah, you idiots know. Oh, and I can't be trusted with that information. You gotta be kidding me right now?
Speaker 17: But do why I sent it to Alex? And now you why I'll never tell? Because you you want to get the word out before the time.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm like, huh, it'd.
Speaker 1: Be nice for me to prep a little bit and not be shocked like I've been shocked by this whole process so far. Radio Wizard's email. When did that come in? Thursday? It was ridiculous.
Speaker 7: It came in at like now, It came in like tuesday, I think Tuesday, Tuesday, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nine thirty though, he sends an email, Oh you know you'll already know what we're gonna announced. Both festival.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get a whiff of that in the hallway.
Speaker 17: Well, I've got a w with with it now, so you got a whiffy yeah, because he's got to put the songs in to get ready, you know.
Speaker 1: So, Chile, how long have you?
Speaker 7: I found out yesterday around four pm.
Speaker 2: He's sitting on this since yesterday.
Speaker 1: Wow, Chili, I know I don't care anymore. Chili knows who's playing Buzzfest.
Speaker 24: And every girl that's been sending me naughty pictures asking for who it is, I have'n't told them.
Speaker 7: No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You're on Sanna's nice list. That's not naughty at all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you know they're not gonna pay my bills.
Speaker 1: Steal trapped, right, yeah, steal trap.
Speaker 7: My You know my word is as solid as Oh well, I know.
Speaker 1: So girls send me picks and I'll share it with you. I have nothing.
Speaker 7: I don't have it yet.
Speaker 1: I got a eight thirty. I don't know when he plans on sending it to me or I can give you a hit?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 7: Oh it's gonna be rocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, I know, come on, I can confirm we'll be rocking all right eight thirty, join us right here at eight thirty for the announcement. I am going to give away a pair of tickets. And now the only thing that I know and then this is the only thing that chill. This is why I knew. He knew.
Speaker 2: He said we're going to give away more than one pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. I don't know what he's working on, but there will be more than one pair of tickets given away today at at eight thirty during the announcement.
Speaker 7: So now you know what I know.
Speaker 13: That's it Rock and Alternative where he used to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Tty four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Oh we're so close, man, nine minutes. We're nine minutes away from the Buzzfest twenty twenty five announce I don't have it in front of me as of yet.
Speaker 2: Apparently Chili knows.
Speaker 1: Now his twin brother knows. Do you have the information?
Speaker 5: I have an email that has some information in it.
Speaker 1: I need to go look at that. Then maybe I have something. All right, the announcement is coming up. We'll give away more than one pair of tickets too. When we make that announce. I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: What's trending.
Speaker 6: So Buzznest sold their production company First We Feast. They're the ones that do the Hot Ones web series where celebrities are interviewed as they eat chicken wings.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, who sold it?
Speaker 5: BuzzFeed?
Speaker 6: BuzzFeed Okay, yes, So they sold it for eighty two point five million dollars to a fund led by George Soros and his family. So Buzzfest they have some debt. They have about one hundred and twenty four million dollars in debt. Soros's son Alex has made several media deals in recent years, so he's been buying minority steak in Crooked Media.
Speaker 5: He has some controlling Sake and Odyssey.
Speaker 6: And it's very interesting to see that the Soros family is kind of acquiring these little media production company. This is just another I guess piece in their puzzle of acquisition. Another thing that is trending here locally is that the new International Rivals pick up area open tomorrow at Bush Intercontinental. This is a huge deal because this is an area that has been under construction for like three years, shacked up so much track congestion. There was a temporary curb, but six of the new curbs eight lanes will now open on Saturday, with the two remaining schedule to open sometime over the next month. So that's a little bit of relief for travelers because it is going to be a busy holiday season.
Speaker 1: You get off your plane, you go outside inside three times to get to your car. It's insane over there. It's crazy.
Speaker 6: It is an actual it is an actual nightmare night, ma'am, not math. And then this kind of started to trend yesterday, but it's gaining some steam. Coffee prices have hit a forty seven year record high. The world's most popular and common variety of coffee bean sold on the global market for three dollars and forty four cents a pound this weekend, which reach beats a previous record high. Now, why there have been smaller harvests. There have been climate challenges or have been extreme droughts in the areas where these coffee beans are grown. So now that we're all addicted to it, I'm glad it's I'm not glad it's going up, but that's what's trending on ninety four fives of US.
Speaker 2: Okay, I finally have some information in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yay, Buzzfest announce coming up. There's a ticket special that I am allowed to give you when I do the announce I got the date, I got ooh oh. All right, before we get all crazy around here, I have those Papa Roach Rise Against tickets.
Speaker 2: I don't want to not give those away.
Speaker 1: You know I'm giving away Busfest tickets after the announce So can we give those away right now? Papa Roach Rise Against March twentieth, Toyota Center. Call for those, and then we're gonna start getting into this whole Buzzfest thing, all right.
Speaker 13: Rot Ryan celebrating twenty years on the.
Speaker 1: Bus, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 26: Yeah, Yeah, ninety four five The Bus Rod Ryan Show, Thank you so much for having us on eight twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Took a tick tick tip tick t tig so close eight thirty the concert announcement that you've all been waiting for.
Speaker 2: Buzzfest twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain, cloudy hip in about sixty eight, forty percent chance of afternoons understorms tomorrow, high of seventy eight. It's lights in the heights, hopefully the rain will be cleared up and do a little walking. Never taken your kid to that, well, everything's first for your kid. This year, I have never taken heir of the lights of that light's in the heights.
Speaker 2: It's pretty awesome. It's a pretty cool thing.
Speaker 1: He's not blowing. Last time, she wasn't their last year. She really missed out. Last year was good.
Speaker 2: She should have come earlier.
Speaker 1: You should have thirty percent chance of rain on Sunday, partly cloudy, high of eighty. I got a vamp. This is called vamping for a couple of minutes. Pat Morrero always sends in great emails. He said, goodbodying Rod. You guys never give them a shout out and definitely need to Happy three hundred and he's right, Happy three hundred and eighty eighth birthday to the US National Guard. How could that date be possible? The USA's first and oldest branch of the military. Pat's a sharp guy, don't I don't doubt him at all. It's the first branch of our military established before we were even a country, back when we were just a colony. Wow, thank you, cat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a great reminder.
Speaker 1: Good knowledge, fun fact, good knowledge.
Speaker 5: Thanks National Guard.
Speaker 1: Appreci Chili's been sitting on this since yesterday? What the F I know that the web guys get the stuff early. I didn't know he got it yesterday early. I saw him yesterday. I didn't see him after four yesterday. He said he got it at four o'clock. The web guys at your place of work, they know who's getting blown out. They know what announcement is going to be made, because they got to get the website ready. Chili, is there a web component that is ready to go at eight thirty for this something online that you have a sneakily been working on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Most it on Facebook and Instagram really and also on the on links and gas on the music page.
Speaker 1: And do you have it like timed out perfectly to go live at eight thirty because it's eight twenty nine. Yeah, in forty two and forty three and forty four and forty five seconds.
Speaker 24: Whenever my clock HiT's eight thirty red here, I'm gonna hit all four sins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't want to. I don't want to jinx.
Speaker 2: It is exciting.
Speaker 7: I don't want to try and schedule stuff and then he doesn't go when it'supposed to go.
Speaker 1: I hate that, you know before me, I hate that, well, I love that for you, which is a sarcastic wape saying I hate it.
Speaker 7: Hey is he?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 13: What's up?
Speaker 7: Brother Rod?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you those Papa Roach Rise Against tickets all right before I get too busy. Oh yeah, that's what I didn't want to forget about you at all. So hang in there. I'm gonna give you those tickets because I'm about to move in.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I free ride.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. I'm about to move into another ticket giveaway. Ninety four five. The buzz Welcomes Back buzz Fest at Cynthia Woods Metro Pavilion Saturday, May twenty fourth, twenty twenty five. Tickets go on sale Monday this Monday, December sixteenth, at twelve p m. Doors will open at twelve noon on Saturday, May twenty fourth. Who is going to be up on that stage? This is Sleep Theory making their first Buzzfest appearance. Band out of Memphis. This is called Stuck in My Head.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get us going and they're gonna rock.
Speaker 1: Man, you see you walking?
Speaker 20: No lady?
Speaker 1: Who's going to join Sleep Theory? At Buzzfest twenty twenty five. These guys have played a few Buzzfests in their past. The first time they appeared was Buzzfest seventeen and twenty twenty or two thousand and six. Evans Blue.
Speaker 3: Your mo.
Speaker 1: William P.
Speaker 20: Chankster, Can you feel my triggerhead?
Speaker 1: This is I think Chili put this show together as I'm because I'm already reading ahead. I'm sorry, but as I'm reading ahead, when I see Chili like Bob in his head in his little chili bowl over there, this is just the kind of thing that gets him move him. But I love these guys. Okay, sleep theory Evans Blue, when I say, did Chili put this lineup together? This is one of his all time favorite fans.
Speaker 3: Jesus he oh d.
Speaker 1: Making their eighth Buzzfest appearance. They made their debut in two thousand and two. They headlined up Like Me, It's the biggest favorite Pod song. Pod headlined Buzzfest in two thousand and two.
Speaker 13: Wow, amazing.
Speaker 1: Before I was here, I commit my life.
Speaker 20: Wow I was because I'll show you no sound might unless she was born in.
Speaker 19: Chili.
Speaker 1: Are you freaking out?
Speaker 11: Okay him?
Speaker 1: Now, did you work with the wizard to put this lineup together.
Speaker 7: I am not entitled to say anything. I mean, I mean, and these they're coming to Houston.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's right. I don't do it.
Speaker 19: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Sweet Snow. Can't do it without them at this point. I mean, it would be silly to put on a huge show and not invite our bestest friends in.
Speaker 3: The whole world.
Speaker 1: Blue October.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is my favorite Blue October song, which.
Speaker 5: Ever, when he's singing, is my favorite Blue October.
Speaker 1: They're all the best. Yeah, their first Buzzfest. I was here for it, and they're making their seventh Buzzfest appearance. I remember their first appearance, and that's kind of when I met the guys. And uh god, I don't know if he knew at the twentieth anniversary. I don't even know what Buzzfest was being talked about back then. My guess is it's not. He didn't say squat to me about it. Justin didn't say anything to me about this, So I don't know when talk started with this whole thing. Sleep Theory Evans Blue Pod, Blue October time for the co Headliners, making his first ever Buzzfest appearance. Oh Man, I didn't believe it when I saw it on the paper that either. I just told you, guys, I saw this guy this year, and I said, maybe the surprise of the year for me at the Five Finger Death Punch show that was my first five Finger show was Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: I've seen him maybe ten times.
Speaker 1: I saw him back in his heyday, I saw him back in his horrible days. And what I saw this past summer was Marilyn Manson, a totally different, revamped Marilyn Manson renaissance. He looked good, he sounded good, he was appreciative on stage. As a matter of fact, on stage, he said that that was the loudest that anybody had been for him on the entire tour. How is he repaying Houston by coming back for Buzzfest. He's never played a Buzzfest before at Zom's.
Speaker 2: Never interviewed him before.
Speaker 1: That's intimidating. I can't even tell you how excited I would be to sit down and speak with Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: Wow, guys, don't sleep on this one.
Speaker 1: This guy is back. He is back. He's got new music out there. As a matter of fact, the new album is awesome, and he never ever has played a Buzzfest before co headlining with the Reverend Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: Chili is pantiless right now.
Speaker 1: Chili is pantiless right now. Bro Pod and Chevelle. This is how I know that you had something to do with this lineup. You had to be working with Radio Wizard on this.
Speaker 7: I mean maybe they were just trying to make me happy.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Christmas. That's my Christmas gift.
Speaker 2: Good if you this is in all honesty. The Pod thing is given.
Speaker 1: We know how much he has. Now when Chevelle is on this radio station, and if you just glance and watch the cameras, Chili is in there bopping'.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean hold on, I gotta be careful. I've gotta get ready. Whether up, stood up?
Speaker 5: I have to get ready.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm ready. I think I just popped to Chubby right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm okay. So Chili stay right there. Hey, is there an opportunity? Can people win tickets on our Instagram? Right now?
Speaker 23: Yes?
Speaker 7: Go to the If you go to the Rod Ryan Show Instagram.
Speaker 24: All you have to do is what I asked, and you have a chance to win a pair of Busfest tickets.
Speaker 1: I will also give away a pair of Busfest tickets by calling seven one three two one two five nine four five Okay, here we go Fest twenty twenty five, Saturday, May twenty fourth, Cynthia Woods Metro Pavilion. Tickets will go on sale on Monday. There will be a two for one ticket special for the first one thousand lawn seats. Okay, two for one. It's like it's less than twenty dollars a ticket, I think for the first one thousand tickets on Monday.
Speaker 2: So we'll have plenty of time to talk about that.
Speaker 1: So here we go first pair of tickets by calling in and also at Rod Ryan's show on Instagram. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. Marilyn Manson and Chevelle co headlining Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Call now for tickets. It's ninety four or five the buzz. We're back, ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show co headlining Buzzfest twenty twenty five. That is Chevelle. And if you've never been a part of a Chevelle show, I've been a part of a few. Let me tell you the power of that trio. There's nothing else, there's no off to the side of the stage, there's someone else kind of filling things. The three of them making that much racket and noise and the tightness of that trio, it's unbelievable. Chevelle is back. Their first Buzzfest was back in four. It's their second time Thinks Busfest thirty two. I believe they headlined as well, so this is their second time. There's there, they're co headlining this one. What is it about Marilyn Manson being on a Buzzfest like he's super famous, you know, yeah, like he's infamous, he's famous. It's just Buzzfest with Marilyn Manson. I never would have dreamt it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would never.
Speaker 6: Dream wild card out of all the announcement for sure, not the wild card, the I guess biggest surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I wouldn't have I just I wouldn't be as excited. I just don't know how to convey to you guys seeing them. If those of you that were at the Five Finger Death Punch show, you saw this guy and he is back.
Speaker 2: He fell on some home times man for a while, and I saw him to a point.
Speaker 1: Where I said that's it. No more money from me. Marilyn Manson, You're too drunk on stage. You're making a fool of yourself. I mean I seen him where he was bad. A different person was on stage at the Woodlands this summer. I couldn't believe how great he was. He was back to Prime Form, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone, Crystal, Crystal, you'll call to number ten. You got the first pair of tickets to Buzzfella. Oh my god, Oh my gosh, there is one pair of tickets out there to Buzzfest twenty twenty five and you own them.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you so very much.
Speaker 15: Oh I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: So the excitement it's coming across. Is there one thing that we said that gets you more excited than anything? Is there one band what's really getting you going on?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 15: Okay? I saw Marilyn Manson years ago and he was just phenomenal. I'm so excited to see him again. And Chevelle and just can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Hey, congratulations, Crystal. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: I'll see you at day.
Speaker 1: You too, hang on the phone for me. I'll see you at the Woodlands Pavilion Saturday, May twenty fourth. Tickets are going to go on sale Monday at noon. So already I've made arrangements. I want to give away more tickets. Nice Chillie's got some tickets. He's working on that. Apparently we got tickets on our Instagram. But then Monday, what I've asked is, I've asked to clear all ticket giveaways and everything be buzzfest Monday. Whin them before you can buy them anyhow, every ticket giveaway, Why the rod Ryan Show Monday morning?
Speaker 2: Win them before they go on sale again. They're going on sale noon on Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, full details now on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show by logging onto the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's a beautiful, It's a wonderful day.
Speaker 13: And altearn and very soon.
Speaker 3: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: All right, we gotta get right into it.
Speaker 1: We got a twenty percent chance of rain cloudy today, sixty eight will be the high weekend forty percent chance of afternoon thunderstorm for your Saturday.
Speaker 2: Then in the evening we should be okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Lights in the heights. We've been talking about that a little bit. It's gonna be warmed Saturday seventy eight on Saturday High of eighty. On Sunday, Tessa one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 6: Well, for a month now, people in New Jersey have been reporting large car sized drones in the night sky, and there's all sorts of speculation about what they are. Something they're just larger than normal drones being operated from the ground or by pilots. Others think a foreign government is using them to spy, and of course little green Men have not been ruled out.
Speaker 5: Something aliens.
Speaker 1: Is it our government like training with whatever we got going on.
Speaker 6: It's another great, I mean good theory. Like there are so many theories flowing out there, you can't rule anyone out.
Speaker 5: Some think aliens could be disguising themselves as drones.
Speaker 6: A lot of the videos being posted or just planes or helicopters, but some of the footage has people really obsessed. People are convinced that something weird is going on. Even senators politicians weighing in on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I'll say, this bigfoot like I'm not really seeing a great shot. I've heard that some of these drones are SUV size. Okay, give me a better give me a.
Speaker 5: Better picture of that, but get the good cameras, like you got X files on.
Speaker 1: I don't believe still, so I don't know there's something in the sky. I know every wing nut in Jersey's got their drone up there.
Speaker 5: The most likely cereals that there is an explanation. We just don't have it.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not otherworldly, but no one's been able to say for sure. So that the people that do our conspiracy theorists like they're like, well, we can't explain it, right, this is.
Speaker 5: Our time to shine.
Speaker 1: And it's something going on in organ now too. Yes.
Speaker 6: So, in addition to New Jersey, there were at least four pilots that reported UFOs in the sky near Eugene on Saturday night. Okay, and there's audio that one is That one, to me is the more creepy one because it's audio of the pilot saying they that like they're describing what they see and they're saying these strums are.
Speaker 5: At extreme speeds, they're going up and down. There's definitely a log page on that if you guys want to go check it out. Sunday. Excuse me, Sunday.
Speaker 6: A study by a financial tech company says four of the nation's ten fastest growing cities are in Texas. Smart asset you Census Bureau data to rank the one year change in population of more than six hundred US cities from twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three. Now, two of the cities are right here in the Houston area, so five, number five a task Asdia a task Asida growing more than eleven percent, and number nine con Wrote nearing seven percent growth. The other two are in central Texas, Number two New bron Feles and number four Georgetown, So that Georgetown top to eleven percent growth in twenty twenty four. Americans are pausing their diets for the holidays. Oh wait, no, no, no, They're not causing their diets. They're pausing their diet drugs for the holidays.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: The company surveyed people taking medications like ozempic and with go be, and twelve percent of them are saying, you know what, they're pausing them over the holidays so they can indulge. The top temptations for people on weight loss drugs are Christmas cookies and sweets. Fifty four percent of people want to be able to scarf down more of those, you know, when you're on these shots. I've used some glue ties before, injections, not Ozembic name brand. But it's so weird that you're like something you're usually into, that you usually love, maybe like a Snickers bar.
Speaker 5: You're like, no, I'm like, I'm kind of just good.
Speaker 1: You really do you find yourself getting full and there's this table of all this beautiful, delectable food and you don't want to eat it, but your eyes do. Your eyes want to eat it. And that's what the beauty of these drugs are right now. Yeah, but if you want to match your eyes to your stomach, then maybe you know, lay off the shot for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think it's a great idea. I think it's your great idea.
Speaker 6: Pause them, get a little, you know, feel little lettonous the holidays.
Speaker 5: It's fine, We're all doing it. The Mala's cookies, wine all around Paris. Hilton just helps.
Speaker 6: Get a bill passed unanimously in the US Senate. It's called the Stop Institutional Child Abuse Act. In Paris was a major champion of it because she herself suffered physical emotional and sexual abuse at a youth residential treatment facility as a teen.
Speaker 1: The bill sailed through.
Speaker 6: The Senate unanimously, and now it has to pass the House and be signed by the President. In an Instagram post, Paris said, we are so close. Really, I'm actually proud of Paris Hilton right now.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I am.
Speaker 5: I think it's great.
Speaker 6: Trent Risner says he pivoted to composing music scores in part because the culture of music world.
Speaker 5: The culture of the music world just sucks.
Speaker 6: Trent Reznor and anicust Ross came to prominence through nine Inch Nails, but they've spent the better part of the past fifteen years coloring our lives with film scores.
Speaker 5: During an interview, the.
Speaker 6: Duo explain it's because the culture of the.
Speaker 5: Music world sucks. I mean, those are their words.
Speaker 6: They say they're looking for collaborative experiences with interesting people, and they say they haven't necessarily gotten that from the music world.
Speaker 5: So you read the little article, pretty interesting stuff. Those are using headlights, you know.
Speaker 1: There's that other music story, huge music story.
Speaker 5: Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: Coming to Buzzfest twenty twenty five, Saturday May twenty fourth, Chile has a pair of tickets on our Instagram right now at rod Ryan's show. This is my other favorite Chevelle songs O Chevelle, Marilyn Manson co headlining. Get to our instagram at rod Ryan Show to win some tickets. I got beer coming up for you, but I got Alex right now, right now, it's me, it's you.
Speaker 4: On Thursday Night football, the Rams beat the forty nine Ers twelve to six. It was a rainy field goal fest with no touchdowns scored in the entire game. The Texans are going to be back from there by week on Sunday when they host the Dolphins at NRG Stadium. Kickoff for that's at noon and you can watch it on CBS and some college football news. It's Army Navy Weekend. They're going to play tomorrow in Landover, Maryland. The Armies a six and a half point favorite in that game. Kick Off is at two. You can watch it on CBS. You can also go to a watch party at Little Woodrow's in Midtown.
Speaker 1: I had another guy back up this story from a vet earlier. He said, VFW halls like he said, you're welcome to come in. You're welcome to come in if you haven't served and watched the game, so I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I saw a bar rescue and they saved to VFW Hall and they were like, it's kind of also open to the public because that helps fund the VFW exactly. Well, so maybe that would be the reasoning behind it.
Speaker 1: I think they realized I think years ago it was an exclusive thing, but they it wasn't sustainable, so I think they started letting people in and the money spent at the bar helps the place out a little bit. So I can't guarantee it for all of them, but I had as a matter of fact, two other guys said, yep here locally, Boom, you can go to the VFFO. That's good.
Speaker 19: You know what.
Speaker 1: Cheap beer, Yes, cheap beer at those places, and cheap beer and the best stories ever at the bar. Husky Pe Sammy b and Rizzo have the best stories at the corner of the bar. I love that, and you'll be the new guy. I can tell all the stories too.
Speaker 2: I'm just a sponge for the stories I.
Speaker 1: Got in basketball rockets were to be back in action tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be in Vegas to take on the Thunder in the Semifinals of the NBA Cup. They're six and a half point underdogs right now. Tip dogs at seven thirty and you can watch it on ABC. If they win, they'll face either the Hawks with the Bucks in the championship game on Tuesday night.
Speaker 7: That is what's going on in.
Speaker 13: Sports, Hit It, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 3: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz, Bam.
Speaker 8: Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Right, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Hello, Good morning to you, sir.
Speaker 3: Who is this model?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try that my yeah, your collar? Ten? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 1: Where are you from?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 1: You like I would probably see you if I saw you out, it'd be like morrow. There's some weird twist you're doing that. My whiteness is not allowing me to somehow get out. It's morrow and I can roll the best of it. All right, let me work on that Morrow. Congratulations, dude, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas, Thank you, brother, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Deal to thank you, brother, Thank you, appreciate you being a part of the show today. That's it. That's four beers down. It's all they give me. But they did more, but they did well. Here let me tell you though, Here's what happened. I went over to the fun squad in our promotions department. I said, I know, I appreciate you giving me two pair of tickets. Gave away a pair of tickets to Buzzfest on the announce and then Chili snagged a pair and he's giving those away currently on our Instagram at Rob Ryan Show. Did you hear about Buzzfest, guys, Buzzfest twenty twenty five. It's a beautiful thing. It's a beautiful thing. It's a great day today, Marilyn Manson is what I'm freaking out over. To be honest with you, I'm going through emails, Rod, here's my story from twenty fifteen, me and Pod. I'm reading Alexus's email right now. Everyone's freaking out over their particular band. Chili's losing his mind over Chavelle Evans, Blues, Sleep Theory, Blue October.
Speaker 2: Jeez, how do you mention them?
Speaker 1: Last?
Speaker 2: Rob, So, Chili's got a pair on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I've given away a pair already on the on the announce I already had scheduled my friends over at Collector's Firearms a one hundred dollars gift card. You want to talk about going out big today on Know the Show and this is already on you now, is this is gonna get the crown is heavy? Whatever that's saying is, I'm gonna do Buzzfest tickets and a one hundred dollars gift card to Collector's Firearms to the winner of No the Show Today.
Speaker 7: Very nice.
Speaker 2: So that's what you got looking forward to in the next fifty minutes.
Speaker 1: So that's a huge, massive, massive prize on No The Show Today. Buzzfests twenty twenty five Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 2: So that's Saturday. The doors will open at noon.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 1: Tickets will go on sale Monday at noon. I know, weird, like Rod, Are you reading that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I checked it three times.
Speaker 1: Monday at noon, tickets will go on sale for Buzzfest twenty twenty five. There will be a two for one ticket special for the first one thousand lawn seats, So you're getting those tickets for I guess it's around nine nineteen seventy five. Yeah, that's half off, so that'll be for the first thousand.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, we don't need it the special, but I thought.
Speaker 1: It was a cool thing that they threw that in there. Open Phones for Friday, Open Phones for Iday, more like open phones Fried Yay, all right, I'm up against the clock. But there's always room Roxy. It's like jellow, Roxy just slides right down, Always room for Roxy. Good morning, good morning. Hey, how are you welcome to open Phones Friday? Which you got for us today?
Speaker 24: I was hoping, you know, in the.
Speaker 11: It was really exciting. I've never gone through before.
Speaker 1: All the time, it is so exciting. It is so exciting every morning because I know, I know that you're gonna call back when I do know the show, when I'm actually giving away the tickets and you might win them. But right now I've got nothing for you. I mean, I mean, I see what you're calling. It's great. I'm excited too. I'm really excited Roxy, talk to you.
Speaker 6: I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 1: I'm happy. I'm happy that you're on with us too. What is there one band on the lineup that you're most excited about?
Speaker 13: With Marilyn Manson, me too, me too, and it's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, my best friend Justin's gonna be playing with Blue October.
Speaker 1: But man, Marilyn Manson, and I don't know if I would be quite as excited I said earlier, the fact that I saw him do what he's doing currently and in this current state.
Speaker 2: Of mind that he's in.
Speaker 1: He was say he was so amazing opening up for five Finger that I can't wait for everyone to see him. I cannot wait for the people didn't go to that show. Marilyn Manson's going to blow everybody's mind. Roxy. I'm giving away tickets on Know the show today. I hope to hear you back on the show. All right, awesome, thank you for taking my pall, thank you for calling, Thank you for calling me.
Speaker 5: I want her to go. She's very nice.
Speaker 1: That's another line open well, think about a question and I know the show. She might be calling back in take out seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five. You want to talk, We want to hear from you. It's Open Phones, Houston's alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 13: Show ninety five Buzz.
Speaker 1: It's a brand new escape from Gravy, A stand went up that Zach, but it went up this week, right, New Past the Gravy if you want it early this week. You were up on Tuesday. Yeah, we put it up on Tuesday. Okay, So if you didn't check out the elect the New Past the Gravy the Gravy Awards, I see.
Speaker 2: A lot of social media on that too, trending everywhere.
Speaker 1: Good morning. I hope you're on to a great start to your day. I mean, we're excited the electricity here with the announcement of Buzzfest and everything.
Speaker 2: I am giving away a pair of Buzzfest you heard me correct.
Speaker 1: Too, Buzzfest twenty twenty five. All the information is at the buzz Yeah, there's a pair of tickets that Chili's dangling out there. He's just got them out there. He's got them out there, just dangling on our Instagram at Rod Ryan's show. And then a third pair are gonna be given away on know the show today and you're gonna get that and the one hundred dollars Collector's Firearms gift card.
Speaker 27: Wow Online, Kid's Alive the muzz You kind of hinted that you're in like total Christmas mode here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm gonna start doing all Christmases. Okay, what you got this is called elf yourself. I'm sure a lot of you guys have probably seen this before. But today you will be able to turn you, your friends, your coworkers, your family into elves and you can make them dance.
Speaker 1: You can make them do all highds of others too. And do they do the work of elves, because there's a couple of people that I would do anyone else. Don't do the work of elves as much as they do, like the dancing with the elves doing.
Speaker 4: Right now, I am dancing on a beach with dolphins, and I was just dancing on a boat, and now I'm riding a dolphin.
Speaker 1: Now I'm underwater dancing with the dolphins.
Speaker 2: Christmas is just around the corner. Shouldn't you be cobbling?
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't have time for this up so happy about the work management right of the elite elves? Yeah, I just yell at other people to do all of Santa the Wizzard on a dolphin. I can see behind me. But check it out. Make you your friends and yourself into.
Speaker 4: Elves today and elf yourself at the wens raid Rydan showpage at the buzz dot Com there in lunch.
Speaker 1: It's open phones Friday, Open Phones Friday. Good morning, Josh, Hey, good morning, Good morning, Josh. Welcome in on open Phones Friday. What you got for us?
Speaker 11: Oh man, I'm so excited for Marilyn mentioned.
Speaker 1: I am too, I am too. What do you know? What do you know?
Speaker 10: Last time I last.
Speaker 11: Time I saw him was in the Woodlands when he got carted off to the stage because he was so drunk.
Speaker 1: I saw some bad shows, dude, I saw some legendary bad shows. As a matter of fact, I don't think Rob Zombie got to the point where it's like, I'm not taking you out anymore, dude, I can't trust you. I don't know which one's going to show up, you know, to on stage. He I saw him this summer and he's back. Bro, he's back, He's back.
Speaker 11: Excited for that, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 23: I really hope he stays sober.
Speaker 1: He was so appreciative and I think he almost lost everything and I don't see him blowing this. It was a different guy up there. Still scary, still scary and everything, but boy like Marilyn Manson smiled on stage, when he's looking at the crowd, he's just like, thank you for smile, thank you for welcoming here. Oh yeah, he's a monster. Still, he's a monster, Josh.
Speaker 11: I see his mile, I see his smile.
Speaker 1: That smile is crazy. All right, my brother, I'm excited like you.
Speaker 2: Fernando, good morning. That's fun to say. Fernando, what is up?
Speaker 1: Rode, what's up?
Speaker 24: Okay?
Speaker 10: So look, I know everybody is excited about Seville. I know everybody's excited about Marilyn Manson. I think the most underrated band on.
Speaker 1: This card is Sleep Therey dude. Okay, so everybody.
Speaker 10: Sleeps on this band so much.
Speaker 1: They remind me of Seven.
Speaker 7: Deaths, like Daniel and Culling.
Speaker 11: The way they do the singing and screaming together.
Speaker 10: Oh dude, paralyzed, stuck in my head, fall out paper hearts.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 10: This band's gonna blow everybody way over there on that.
Speaker 1: Cup on that car.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me that a band like this that's kind of opening things up, this is gonna set the tone for the whole day. I mean you got to think, oh, we're gonna get our faces melted off, like if the door's on at noon. They might be on by one o'clock. Our faces are gonna be melted off at one ten.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: I don't know who's following up after them, but they're gonna have Yeah, dude. Me and my girlfriend were actually looking them up the other day because a friend of mine putting.
Speaker 13: Me on them about a year ago, and I've.
Speaker 11: Been a fan ever since. And and you know, we couldn't find a concert out here in Houston.
Speaker 10: And then we're listening to you guys this morning and the first band is shut out to them, and we're just we're just screaming in.
Speaker 11: The car and we're like, no way that, Like, you know, this band is coming. So it just it worked out perfect for us.
Speaker 10: Dude, Like everybody else, I'm excited for it. But I'm telling you, dude, after this, after this bus fats, I'm telling you they're gonna blow up after this.
Speaker 1: I love that endorsement more than anything right now. Sleep Theory Evans, Blue Pod, Blue October, Marilyn Manson Chevelle Saturday, May twenty fourth, Tickets going on sale Monday at noon. Of course, I'm giving away a pair of tickets coming up. I know the show, anybody know Robbie called her number ten, number ten. Robbie. Good morning, mister r Good morning, Robbie. How are you yo?
Speaker 8: This is it?
Speaker 1: He just cracked a beer. That's yes, that'd take the shot. Take the shot, Take the shot. It's like a reminiscing of last weeks when when Adam Adam the copp took the shot and took down the hog.
Speaker 2: You're taking down a beer right now, dude.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 28: I love it too.
Speaker 1: Anyway, did you see Lincoln Park.
Speaker 21: Last night on the award?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I didn't. As a matter of fact. When I said it, tested like said what they played? Yeah, they were on the Billboard Awards. How were they?
Speaker 21: Ah, man, that's ev artist.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was great. They were in Brazil. Oh so they piped him in. I forgot they're on the road right now. That made sense. That's why I was kind of shocked in. Yeah, they piped the men. So they were the very last one to be on after Taynor whatever her name is. As only Robbie could do it. Listen Robbie say it was great. I will go and I'll look it up. I'm sure the clip is online, so I look forward to seeing what you brother, y'all have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Happy holidays.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna try to win bearer next week because I was one, three and seven this week. You got this.
Speaker 3: I believe in.
Speaker 1: You just won, Robbie, you just won. That was that was forty days ago. That's forever.
Speaker 5: That's been too long, Sorry, man, Robbie.
Speaker 1: All right, Robbie, that's another line open for open phones. Friday seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 17: Wishing every one of you a peaceful holiday season, even though we really know how it's probably gonna go.
Speaker 1: This is no Ron Ryan Show, Okay, ninety four to five, The Busy Vana about a girl just checking.
Speaker 2: Chili's in that flannel today.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Finnels flanneling.
Speaker 1: He's unplugged in that flannel.
Speaker 5: Started a trund.
Speaker 1: I'm going hungry, love that flannel. Chili. Hey, be nice to Chili. He's got tickets for you for Buzzfest on our Instagram. He's giving you to around ninet fifty to do what he asks. I think he gotta just like him tag or whatever he's asking. Just do it, just do it, do it, and then I'll give away a pair of tickets. To Buzzfest. Buzzfest twenty twenty five, Saturday, May twenty fourth, Sleep Theory, Evans, Blue Pod, Blue October, Marilyn Manson and Chevelle. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Anakin is next up, Anakin.
Speaker 1: Good morning, morning Rod, Hello, Anakin, Welcome to open Phones. How are you? I'm doing great? Glad to finally get on.
Speaker 19: You're on?
Speaker 1: Daddy?
Speaker 2: Oh what you got for open phones?
Speaker 1: I just want to get my mam a big shout out.
Speaker 11: She's got me a ditty y'all show.
Speaker 1: Ever since I was a little kid. Yeah, so, and every morning, Who's good morning? I listened to y'all? Thank you for that?
Speaker 2: Anakin.
Speaker 1: Who's the Star Wars nut?
Speaker 2: Your mom or dad?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: Both?
Speaker 1: Actually, if your name is Anakin, one of those parents is crazy about Star Wars. That's awesome. When did they start taking you? I mean, when did they introduce you to the buzz.
Speaker 10: I want to say when I was probably like five or six.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's parenting done right, dude, that's parenting done really really right. Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Are we going to see you there?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sadly I won't be able to make it. God damn it. Anakin. We were off just such a good start too, damn it. It's all go. Hey Bro, thank you man. I appreciate all those years. Man, please stick with us all right, Anakin, you got it.
Speaker 13: I'll be sure to do that, and I'll even have my future kids listen to you all as well.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love this sound of that, Anakin.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Shout out to your mom for snaking you into the show and naming Anakin. Cool.
Speaker 1: Michael, Good morning, Hey Ron, how's a good one?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning to you, sir. You're on open phones.
Speaker 1: What you got for us today?
Speaker 12: I just wanted to call and tell you that Santa is going to be rocking out this Saturday at the BFE Rock Club.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Yeah.
Speaker 12: The show starts at nine o'clock and it's a free entry for with an unwrapped toy or a five dollars cash donation to Toys for Tots.
Speaker 1: Listen, anybody that's got any My friend of mine, Brian's having a thing this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go see him.
Speaker 1: He's doing something for Toys for Tots and it's just a it's a wonderful organization. So Michael, thank you for doing that, and of course Santa is going to go to bf E. I mean, Santa rocks that BFF rocks.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the like that Creed song that you guys played yesterday. He does that with all the songs during the show. So they tell you songs that sound like Metallica, that sounds like uh that, there's one that's dancing with.
Speaker 1: It's awesome.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 2: Santa is really going to be up on stage performing.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's you.
Speaker 12: I sent you an email with the leaks of a couple of the songs just so you could hear it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I met you at I met you at the Yetti store last week.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: That was mean, yep, yep, I mean we had I said, you spilled my beard a probably an Astros game fifteen years ago, or you spilled something on my foot, on your feet. That's awesome, all right, bro, thank you for that information. I'm gonna send that over to Chile and we'll see we can get that information out there. Yeah, he sent me that. He said, Santa gets up on stage and jams and it's just like that Creed.
Speaker 2: Rudolph song that we played yesterday.
Speaker 1: Kirk, you're next up, hey, brother ron I was doing taking away Captain. It's going great. Oh man.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to give a shout out to my wife.
Speaker 7: She's amazing, wonderful woman, Cassandra.
Speaker 14: He's going to be volunteering some time tomorrow giving kids free pictures with Santa.
Speaker 1: She'll be showing up.
Speaker 14: Tomorrow actually about nine o'clock off University if they want to come out and get free pictures with her kids.
Speaker 1: Well, now the guy's on the show with wives. If you don't shut out your wife right now, you look like a second class citizen. Well, she'll be dressed up like an l you know she's volunteering though. That's awesome, Kirk, that's great, Yes, sir. Do you get her to come home in the outfit little cosplay? Well, I'll be Santa, she'll be another Oh okay again to take the outfits home. You know, what you do on your time is your thing. Okay, I'm for it though, Caleb, you're next up on open Phones. Good morning, brother, Rag, Good morning.
Speaker 23: I just want to say I'm super excited for buzzfitt Man.
Speaker 1: I just want to say I'm super excited for Buzzfest. What's got you jacked the most out of the lineup?
Speaker 23: Man, I love them all equally. I don't want to give my love just to one of the bands. Man, I love them all equally. I got love for all of them.
Speaker 1: Brother, do you think I think Chili would answer the same way? But when I look at Pod and Chevelle, where does Chili's scale tip Tessa?
Speaker 2: Those are two of his favorite all time bands.
Speaker 6: I've walked into that Chili bowl many times and both of those fans have been blaring out of the speaker on his own.
Speaker 5: Guy, Chavelle Moore, I don't know that he's gonna want to pay right.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll pick.
Speaker 5: I think it's like Sophie's choice over there.
Speaker 2: I don't think he can pick the twy for that.
Speaker 23: I have one more question for you, for I gotta go. I just want to know, man, how how big of a gods Mag fan are you? Because but I'm not mistaken, you got the tattoo and your dog's name is Voodoo.
Speaker 11: How big of a fan?
Speaker 1: Well, the tattoo is not really a Godsmack tattoo. The untattooed happened many years before I even knew of Godsmack. It's similar, So there's that. And then Voodoo definitely more links to New Orleans than to Godsmack, But I am a huge fan. I mean I remember telling Tessa like she had never seen them before, and I said, I can't wait to be with you for Godsmack, for your first Godsmack experience. I said, when that double drum solo, I don't care what you do with your little girlfriends and what you're doing at Buzzfest. I go, you're next to me during that double drum solo and you saw it firsthand. And they're just it's next level life. They're just such a one of the best live bands ever, it really is.
Speaker 6: And then Sally is such a good storyteller with his documentary coming out, Like if you weren't a fan of the band before that and the bangers that they put out, Like you watch a documentary, you're like, this guy's this guy's.
Speaker 5: Really cool man. So I'm a fan of him as a person in the band.
Speaker 6: I mean, theme song for for Life, like for any movie, it's it could be Godsmack.
Speaker 1: Pod or Chili Pod or Chevelle Chili. You gotta pick one.
Speaker 17: One's got to leave the island, I mean, but I'm gonna have to go with my boys from pod.
Speaker 1: All right, well there you go. See, Caleb, I made him.
Speaker 2: I made him choose. I made him choose.
Speaker 23: All right, he chows wrong, he knows he's a chavel guy.
Speaker 2: What was the one last thing, Caleb?
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 23: I want to see the shout out the same dog who's actually got a god to mac tadde.
Speaker 1: Is it the sun? Oh?
Speaker 23: It's definitely the sun right on the belly.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 21: Bro.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you dude, thank you one. I got one more, Donnie, I can get you on Donnie.
Speaker 11: Good morning, brother, rodcast Alice, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, sir.
Speaker 1: What you got for open phones?
Speaker 11: So I wanted to say I can feel the yule Tide cheer with everyone on the show, people that are calling in. But I want to let you guys know, and everyone should know, not everybody is super happy around the holiday. And I am now the leader of the mental Health Agency, and I've learned so much in the last few weeks. I just want people in Houston to know a few things they can do if they're not feeling the holiday cheer and they're not going to Christmas parties and.
Speaker 1: And they're not feeling it, you know, what you got Donnie.
Speaker 11: First one is find some community, whether that's church, volunteering, look on event bright and look for volunteer opportunities or free get together. Something that's gonna get people around other people.
Speaker 1: Great advice.
Speaker 11: Number two exercise walk, I mean, Tessa, stop and taking the shots. So speaking at Earth, you know we're talking about that this morning, about not taking the shot to enjoy food and drinks. Exercise. It's the good neurotransmitters in your brain that are gonna they're gonna make you not feel bad about some of the gluttonous eating as it was mentioned. And then the other thing. Obviously it's a plug for what we do, but it's in your in the Hue scenario, if you're not feeling it and you know that something is going on, you've got to talk to somebody, get help, seek counseling. And there's this there's this this feeling or this stigma around guys not talking about what's going on up in their heads and in their hearts. And it's so much easier to go into the end of the year with lightning that load a little bit. I just talking to someone. And on the flip side of that, if you if if someone that's listening has had some sort of a crime happen to them. In the Houston area, our agency is one of the best in Texas for helping victims of crime to lessen that burden as they go into the new year.
Speaker 13: What is the agency innovative alternatives? Rod?
Speaker 1: Thank you, bro.
Speaker 5: Great reminders, dude, great reminders and be a good friend.
Speaker 6: You know, if you're one of these people that loves the holidays, then get your buddies that maybe Arnest Jazz is you and include them and talk to them.
Speaker 5: I think that's a great reminder.
Speaker 2: My friends that are veterans, what do they say, pick up the phone and call somebody.
Speaker 1: Ye, call somebody? All right?
Speaker 5: Can you can I give you some good news really quick?
Speaker 1: Rod, please end this.
Speaker 6: Elliott said that Marilyn Manson posted the Buzzfest graphic from his Instagram account.
Speaker 5: Who's Elliott Elliott is the radio Wizzard?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Manson posted it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just posted it.
Speaker 6: He must have posted it within the like the last ten minutes on his ig which is pretty cool.
Speaker 5: That means he's excited to come down here.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's still scary as ever, but it is a different Marilyn Manson. I'm telling you this guy is back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He tagged Chevelle, he tagged pod It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's awesome. Well that's it. There you go, Marylyn Manson excited about the show. We are going to give away a pair of tickets to see Marilyn Manson and Chabelle n Pod and Blue October Buzzfest twenty twenty five tickets on No the show with a one hundred dollars collector's firearm gift card. You kidding me?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be given away after the break The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six AM, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Here, we are here, we are, good morning. Huge, huge, know the show opportunity huge, It's huge, it was already big, it was already huge. One dollars collector's firearms gift card. Yeah yeah, And he said that's massive. Now I'm going to drop a pair of Buzzfest tickets on top of that for Buzzfest twenty twenty five, the show that was just announced at eight thirty this morning, so collectors firearms, and then tickets to go see Sleep Theory. Did that guy get your pumped for Sleep Theory?
Speaker 6: Or what he really did and they needed an ambassador, so he's the official.
Speaker 5: Sleep Theory Ambassador.
Speaker 2: Evan's Blue Pod Blue October, Maryland Manson Chavelle.
Speaker 1: What's your question going to be?
Speaker 6: Well, it's it's easy if you know the show. What's Rod looking to do this weekend? He had six picks, So what do we want him to do?
Speaker 5: What is he looking to do? Tell me that and I'll give you the gift card and the buzz Festival.
Speaker 1: Seven one three Christmas from The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. All Right, come on, we're gonna go. We gotta get right into it. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five The Buzz. La La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning. This is Chris. Yeah, good morning Chris, Chris. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: To Tessa, what's your question for Chris, Chris? What is Rod looking to do this weekend? If we're cheering him on.
Speaker 1: If I get I don't know, get the nuts to do it?
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Chris to Little Woodrow to go to little.
Speaker 2: I've done that before.
Speaker 1: No that's not no, nope, nope, nope, nope. Not the Good Morning Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Good Morning later later.
Speaker 20: How are you doing, Moondo.
Speaker 3: Moon?
Speaker 1: Hello, listen to this guy. You got a rare opportunity to come in here. Call number ten. Didn't get the answer, right, Tessa question?
Speaker 5: You know what is Rod looking to get into this weekend?
Speaker 11: The crafts, some parties that lights from the hike, parties.
Speaker 6: So specific, but you don't show it brings me such joy to give you the gift card to Collectors Firearms, and then to add.
Speaker 5: The bonus Buzzfast tickets on.
Speaker 1: Top of that row yeah number two, well yeah to and then three, if Chili did his job, which I know he did, he gave away another pair on our Instagram. So three pair of tickets giving away to Buzzfest this morning. I could have used a little more cow bell.
Speaker 28: You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, Baby, I got a fever, and the only prescription this more cow bell. Okay, Mundo, hang on for me.
Speaker 1: We'll set you up with that. We gotta go late. Cody shocked the world this morning. Carin ed Cody the fashion that he won in Fresh out of hed Head to your head. You have to go and listen. If you missed the game this morning, you can check out check out the podcast Sean Connery out That's Insane. In two questions and two answers Monday, Abby takes on Adam the Coop. The tournament has been absolutely insane. I agree. Thank you Specs for the Beers Buzzfest. Thank you Buzzfest for coming back in our lives. Tickets are not gonna go on sale until Monday at noon, but man, it's been fun. Chilly gave away another He did give away a pair on Instagram. Very good open phones. You guys killed it as always. Fanny Friday was our number one link today. As a matter of fact, the numbers on the website were above average today, so I have to go look to see what you guys were looking at. But wow, Rod Ryan Show replayed tomorrow morning from six until eight. Sunday. Go Texans Huh Sunday. So if the Colts lose in the Texans win, we can lock Huh. I believe so?
Speaker 2: Actually with an, I said, so that's my sports guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, non stop nooner with I don't know somebody pick your tickets with somebody in the one o'clock hour coming up here.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what's going on things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell all right. I have six picks this weekend. Yeah, okay, I have six picks. Rod Ryan's show care store is closing. If you want to get in there and do some last minute shopping, go do it right now. Okay. Tests on Houston Life at one o'clock and that's it. And Chili's in a flannel. That's it. We got to go. Man, have a great weekend, everybody. We got one more week together. Next week is going to be huge. Have fun this weekend. Be careful.
Speaker 20: Amm Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 16: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.