Speaker 1: It's night side with Dan. I'm telling you Boston.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I'm going to continue to give you an opportunity to talk about what went on here in Boston on April twenty eighth, the death of the five year old boy who was killed apparently by the bus that he had just alighted from coming home from He's in the fifth grade. He's five years old, I assume at kindergarten. But I also want to not go without noting these series of protests out in Worcester. So we have ICE agents who tried to arrest a woman in Worcester last Thursday, and her daughter apparently tried to interfere with that arrest and a crowd assembled and there was a bit of a face off between However, many people were there. The woman who was arrested was a woman named Roseanne Ferrara to Olivier, I know nothing about her, know nothing about her sixteen year old daughter. I believe there was another woman who was arrested as well. It was quite a scene from looking at the videotape, and it's interesting somehow the Globe found someone who claimed to be and may have been a retired Worcester police officer this individual condemned the police Chief Paul Saucier. Saucier made this statement regardless of the charged political climate. Physical violence is never an acceptable response to policy disagreements. Here here, I agree with Police Chief Saucier. I don't know Police Chief Saucier, but he's correct. Physical violence is never an acceptable response to policy disagreements. So this retired police officer not even going to mention his name, The chief is curing himself. People are going to react. You know, easy for you to say, retired Worcester police officer. I don't know if you were there, but what would you have the police do, like stand down and say, oh, we're just going home, we're done for the day. Were really upset that we saw some violence and we're just ready to leave now, and we're going to go and find a safe space and we're going to have a little police huddle. Give me a break, Give me a break. The city council apparently held a meeting last night and they closed City Hall. They were so concerned about this, and they this scheduled six thirty city council meeting was held on zoom only. You know something, you know, bring in the National Guard if you have to okay, people should have a right to attend a public meeting. Some candidate for school committee out there who was also arrested. I mean she may be the other person who was getting arrested. She wants to be on the school committee. Good for her. It is such a cowardly move to close the doors of a building. We pay for it to prevent us from being heard and being seen. That's a individual who wants to get elected to the school committee. Well keep that in mind, folks. Despite those statements, I want to command the US Attorney here in Boston, Leah Foley. She is the newly elected, newly appointed US Attorney. Her office would release this statement this afternoon at one.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 3: The interference with ICE operations around Massachusetts has been disturbing, to say the least. This conduct post is signalant public and officer safety risks. It is conduct that should be vilified rather than glorified. I will not stand by idly if any public official, public safety officer, organization, or private citizen acts in a manner that criminally obstructs or impedes ICE operations. The United States Attorney's Office, along with our federal partners, will investigate any violations of federal law and pursue charges that are warranted by such activity. Lea B. Foley, US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts, Congratulations, you have more backbone than this retired cop out in Worcester. Who's second guessing the police chief out there? What is the police chief supposed to do? So if there was the police going in to make an arrest of bank robbers or you know, any other criminals, if you get enough people there say no, you're not going to arrest this guy, police supposed to walk away. The left in America has lost their collective mind, Okay. And if they think that taking positions like this is going to help their cause, they are disillusional. It's as simple as that. And so I'm going to open up the phone lines. The first two calls, Angelo and Bruce, you were calling for the story about the unnecessary and tragic death of the five year old in Boston on Monday, April twenty eighth. I want to hear from people about this Worcester riot on Thursday. Either you want police in your community or you don't, okay. And you've tried that, folks, You've tried to be a sanctuary city. You've tried to be a welcoming city and all of that. But guess what most people want the presence of police in their community. Uh, and most people support the police in their communities despite the fact that you had, however, many a couple of dozen, no more. I don't know how many people were involved and were battling ice agents, but you bet the police have to come in and support the ice agents. It's as simple as that. Let me go to phone calls, Angelo and Angela. You have held through the news. You can talk about either of both of these topics.
Speaker 4: Go redhead, Angelo, ain't going be a tak of a dad of my call, And I hope you can hand me.
Speaker 5: The poor kid didn't get to live his whole life. Now, that guy should have a CDL license. And when that's something like that happens and you have a CDL license, they make you go for a medical examination right away because I have a CDL license and I know what it's like and when I have to go through something like that, and that guy should be checked and find out what was wrong with him and what he did wrong. That poor Kittle did not even live his life, to his whole life because of what happened there.
Speaker 3: I agree with him. I agree with him. As a matter of fact, they should have done drug testing on him, you know, basically based upon the facts that we have been given, the fact that he UH crashed into a couple of cars a few minutes earlier, drove away from that accident scene, the cars were parked, they they weren't being driven by other people. He was driving a bus, and then he obviously, you know, was not in his right state of mind to uh to not realize a five year old child had just gotten off the bus. And I don't know if the five year old child walked in front of the bus. I don't know if the five year old child was attempting to cross the street. Five year old kids do, you know, unpredictable things, which is why bus drivers have to be careful with this precious cargo, simple as that. So he should be he should he should be dealt with based upon the facts. If he had some sort of medical inter medical incident that caused him to lose his judgment or something, Okay, that's fine, that's a potential defense he has. But at the same time, it's been seventeen days. We deserve information about with this investigation is and why charges have not been brought up until this point. And we don't need a district attorney at a police commissioner who basically play hide and seek with the media. And we also need a mayor who's going to instruct the police commissioner. We want to know what's going on. The mayor apparently was somewhere yesterday, had a chance, and she simply referred to the police commissioner who's never available. It's a game.
Speaker 5: And if it was me, Dan, and I drove a bus, and if every kid came off a bus before I took off, I get out of the bus and I walk around the bus to make sure everybody's awaiting the bus before I even take off. I see some bus drivers they drop off the kid and they don't They have so many mirrors that can look around the bus and they probably don't even pay attention and they just take off. How do you know where that kid is around the bus? You know, if he's walking on the front of the buck. You know if he's walking on the back of the buck. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: And again, as I've said throughout the evening, if this had happened in a place like Wellesley or Weston or whealand they would have answers within seventeen days. I know that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I appreciate your call.
Speaker 3: I got to keep rolling here. Okay, baddie, talk to you soon. Thank you much for calling.
Speaker 5: Okay. And another thing, they need that policeman here because without policeman, what are we going to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it'll be open season on everybody without police there. And again, if this woman was being taken into custody police, you know, I criticized Ice when they took the woman, uh, the tough student into custody, the way in which they did it, uh. And police need to be and Ice needs to be just greet uh. But at the same time, the response that people should have is get a lawyer, go to court and find out if the arrest is properly made. That's the system of justice we have in this country, and that's the system of justice people need to comply with. Simple as that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: You to six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty be back with Bruce and Newton. I got wide open lines here. Don't let either or both of these topics drop away, because I'm going to talk about him till midnight. It's as simple as that. Shame on that that that mob in Worcester, and shame on the politicians down in Newark, New Jersey, some of them elected members of Congress, as I understand it, including the mayor of Newark. What sort of a country we're going to live in? Are we going to live in?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know this, This is not what America is to be about. And if you don't like it the way it functions in America, we have a criminal justice system, we have a court system. We have plenty of are they mistakes made? Yes, but most mistakes are caught, Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: And if you don't like it, here go somewhere else. It's as simple as that. It's as simple as that we live in a in a country of laws, and it is not up to people to take violence in their hands. Robert F. Kennedy Bobby Kennedy, former Senator Kennedy, the late great Senator Kennedy said violence but gets got violence. So if you're going to justify violence against authority, then be prepared when they respond in kind and when they arrest you It's as simple as that. Six seven two five thirty six seven nine thirty. Feel free, love to hear from as many of you as possible, whether you're in the greater Boston area or now. At this point of course, our signal not only with terrestrial radio, but with the iHeart app is all over the country. Join this conversation. Do you agree with what happened in Newick, New Jersey? Because what happened in Newark, New Jersey, something very similar, not identical, but very similar, happened in Worcestern, Massachusetts. And there's a lot of people who feel at this point that they can act out against police and against ice without any sort of recrimination. Well here in Massachusetts, the US Attorney Leah Foley makes it very clear there will be response, and I say hats off to Leah Foley. Back on Nightside, joined the conversation right after.
Speaker 1: This Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: It's back to the phones. Let's go to Bruce and Newton. Bruce, you next to nights. I appreciate your patients.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Bruce, Hello, Dan. Hello, Two things, Dan, Two things. I noticed A lot of drivers, every driver on the road, cars there's a lot of very elderly drivers that drive that have problems with their reflexes. Bus drivers. I noticed there's a lot of drivers that are after retiring age. I mean, I believe after seventy people's reflexes aren't as accurate and quick. I think there should be some kind of age limit because there's children in their hands. Another thing, So when.
Speaker 3: You say, first of all, they do test older drivers with eye exams, that's one test that is done. Is you is your I mean, I don't think you can turn around and say, Okay, everybody is over seventy and seventy five loses their license. I don't think you're saying that. What sort of tests were you talking about.
Speaker 4: Well, just a reflex basically, I don't think everybody should lose their license, but I think after a certain age, I mean, reflexes are important.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with you. I agree with you, and I think that that when you come up for your license renewal, I think if there are people who are getting into more accidents over the course of their life, I think that's that's something to be concerned about. But I think the way you're gonna you're going to test people, I don't think you can turn around and say, Okay, we're gonna test everybody. You got to do it maybe when they're seventy five, seventy, seventy five, eighty. I think that's legitimate. I think that's reasonable. You should probably be more more careful with people who are bus drivers because they have in their control a vehicle that has upwards of thirty thirty five, maybe forty kids on it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, yeah. Well the thing is also they don't they don't give them driver driving tests. They just have a basic test at the building. They don't give them.
Speaker 3: Driving They have a written test. Is that what happens?
Speaker 4: Written? And I yeah, but not driving?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I do not have a CD license, never apply for CD a license. I did not know that. I assume that. Look, I watched truck drivers who handled these uh you know, these huge eighteen wheel rigs and they are able to maneuver them. Where was I yesterday that I watched this with amazement, this this truck negotiate down a side street and it was like WHOA. I mean, on my best day, I wouldn't have been able to do that. But I guess that anything else if you get good at something, you know, I couldn't hit a major league fastball either at my age. But there's a lot of people who can, a lot of people who who can, who can drive trucks appropriately.
Speaker 4: Come back very true, very true, very true.
Speaker 3: Come back to the bus rider here, come back to this bus driver here. Uh this, this has gone on way too long as far as I'm concerned, and that's why I'm pretty upset about this, and and I wish other people felt the same way.
Speaker 4: Okay, one other last thing, yep about this authorities not coming upfront about this situation. I'm guessing strongly that there's a very good possibility that this driver might be related to somebody higher up, a politician that might be trying to delay this uh public.
Speaker 3: Yeah. First, first of all, Bruce, I disagree with you on that, and I'll tell you why. If this was if this was some guy who was the brother in law of some politician and he ran a stop sign or or he ran into a stop sign, Okay, I could buy that, But when something as serious as this that any politician, and I just don't believe that any politician would even think that way to be really honest with you. This is just this is the death of a child. This is the death of a five year old child.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, very serious. You know a lot of politicians well you know.
Speaker 3: I think sadly unfortunately we have found that to be true. But yes, I I just I on something like this five year old kid o, kiddo gets off a school bus. Uh and he's dead. That in a matter of seconds. Unacceptable, unacceptable. Hey, Bruce, I appreciate your call calling the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you much, my friend, Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 3: I have a great night. Right, let's keep rolling here. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'd like to if you want to comment on the Boston case, because we've talked about it now for two hours. That's fine, but I really would like to hear from people in response to the statement issue today by US Attorney Lea Foley. My hat's off to her. She made it pretty clear that and she's responding to what went on in Worcester last Thursday, where this crowd of outlaws decided they were going to prevent ice officers from taking someone into custody who they wanted to take into custody. Now, I'm assuming that the ICE officers had the appropriate authority to do what they tried to do if they didn't take it to court. There are plenty of judges out there, in federal courts and in state courts around this country who were more than happy to set and guess the procedures that are being used by ICE. But under no circumstances should people interfere with ICE officers, nor should they interfere with police officers. And the US Attorney Leo Foley read this statement, and I want to say hats off to Leo Foley, and I hope some of you will agree with me, because this is an appointed United States Attorney who basically has made it pretty clear that here in Massachusetts, the interference with ICE operations around Massachusetts has been disturbing to say the least. This conduct poses significant public and officers safety risks. It is conduct that should be vilified rather than glorified. I will not stand idly by if any public official, public safety officer, organization, or private citizen acts in a manner that criminally obstructs or impedes ICE operations. The United States Attorney's Office, along with our federal partners will investigate any violations of federal law and pursue charges that are warranted by such activity. She could not have said it more clearly, could not have written it more forcefully. People should be on notice at this point, I say, hats off to the United States Attorney Leah B. Foley of the District of Massachusetts. I wonder what former US Attorney Rachel Rollins, if she would have issued a statement like that. I'm not convinced she would have. But this is a different type of US attorney. This is a very active US Attorney's office right now. And let me tell you, we have seen millions of people committed this country illegally in the last few years, and many of them present significant danger. See I'm not talking about people you know who are here, but people who are here illegally. Presents significant danger. And why ICE went after this particular woman in Worcester, I want to know, just as I want to know why they went after the woman at Meantford, the Tough's University woman. But nobody, I say, nobody has a right to interfere with an ICE officer. Nobody has a right to interfere with a police officer. You want to make no, you want to you want to call lawyers. That's what lawyers are there for, that's what courts are there for. If it reduces to violence in this country, then no one will be safe, not the illegals, not the legals, and not the citizens. And if you want a country that is in chaos, continue to do what those people did in New Jersey the other day, and continue to do what the people in Worcester did the other night. They're disgraceful. In my opinion, we are a nation of laws, not of men. Follow the law. Law enforcement has to follow the law. That's why we have judges. I am. I'm sick and tired of the violence that people are so so quickly quick to participate in. We've seen a lot in this country over the years. It doesn't help anything at all. We'll be back on Nightside. I got some open lines, which to me is disgraceful. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty You comment on either of these circumstances back on nightside.
Speaker 1: Right after this, You're on the Night Side with Dan Ray on w BZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Skid Rowland surely is in Lauren, surely welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 7: How are you gooding yourself?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 3: I'm doing just great. What is your take on either or both of these? Top?
Speaker 7: Okay, so the first thing is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you have to turn your phone down. I'm sure that Rob told you to turn your phone down. Why don't you do this, Rob, Let's put Shirley on hold and explain to her why it's important for her to turn her phone down, and we'll get back to her in a moment, simple as that. Let me go next to Phil in Boston. Phill you next on Nightside. I know Phil has his phone turned down.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Phil, Oh yeah, damn Sorry. At this point I was looking fuse for all these things. But on that the CDL thing, I'm not an expert enough. You have to have an endorsement to a pass in your truck. You have to have an endorsement that drive has his material. So that means to me that you have to go through a test and take the training and that kind of a thing. And getting back to the worst thing, I mean, this is the way it's going on. I mean, the woman in city in Boston, the city council, she was you know, saying no, But they attract attention, they get their make them owns that way. The one was the she's getting points for being the way she is because the crowd's gonna back her up, and the poor corps and they're coming along. I mean, God forbid someone gets shot then then love me doing time and these people we drive around with him as unbelievable man. But I heard about that. In fact, that day I saw that the school a school bus being told from high Park, behind the police station, out of the fire station, going down somewhere. But I mean, that's and i'd forgotten all. I didn't know what the I didn't know what had happened. I knew it was kind of an an accident, but I'm surprised it doesn't have more often than Luckily it was light out, because if he is back or route when they can say what I mean, they're gonna probably it's just crazy. These bus drivers, they're unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, it's just one bus driver. Let's make that clearer. We don't know if he had a medical problem, or we don't know if he just or I don't know if they did toxology tests them. I assume talk psychology testing them. I assume they did. But it's been seventeen days. I think the public deserves the right to know, and we need a D eight that talks, and we need I we have we have a US attorney who is not shy to speak out, Thank god. Lea Foley is the US attorney.
Speaker 6: But I'm surprised that this there's some kind of demonstrations the general that they were in city hall protesting about some child being killed. You don't hear anything about it. I've gotten about the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why we talked about it tonight, Phil, And I'm so glad that you took the time to call. I appreciate you your loyalty. Did this program talk soon? Let me go back to Shirley in Lawrence Shirley hopefully where we got the phones turned down and we're all set and be able to hear exactly what you have to say.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, all right.
Speaker 7: So I'm just calling about to dispute what the gentleman had said before about the licensing. You do need to take tests, and they give you a very strict test.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 7: So I used to be a school bus driver and then I actually went on to drive the transit buses like the MBTA buses yep, only in the Merrimack Valley. And let me tell you what they put you through to take the test. You have to know parts of that bus. You have to be able to back that bus up and not even touch a cone. If you tap a cone, you fail. So it's it's not simple now.
Speaker 3: But well, let me just say this, if I could thank you for calling and clarifying that, okay, because I am amazed. I just want to ask you one question. How difficult is it to drive a school bus? I mean, I have my car and when I'm backing up, I'll always try to look each and every way. Uh how I kind of imagine I'm a pretty good driver. I've got a pretty good safety record, but I can't imagine myself trying to drive a bus. I really can't.
Speaker 7: Well, let me tell you it is.
Speaker 5: It is difficult.
Speaker 7: And what they tell you is that you try not to back, and you try not to do it. If you don't have to, you're better off going somewhere, turning around, like maybe at a cult to that or take a different street, because backing is one of the worst things that you can do. You don't want to back a bus if you don't have to, okay.
Speaker 8: For all safety reasons.
Speaker 7: And when I used to do the school bus, I'd always stop. I'd count my kids as they were getting off. Yeah, and you try to look around to make sure every child has you know, as you've seen foe heads get off the bus, you try to count your foreheads that you can see. Sure, tried to do everything as possible. I mean, no one knows the circumstance of what happened, and yet it's been a very long time and no one has any answers yet, but way.
Speaker 3: Too long a time. And that's why I'm ringing the bell tonight. I just I lost my patience with it. And again, look, if this driver had some sort of a medical crisis, that's one thing, okay, But we should know that if, on the other hand, toxology tests have come back and suggest that his behavior was not related to a medical problem.
Speaker 4: But was.
Speaker 3: Of some other source, that we need to know that as well. In my opinion, that's.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And we owe it to the child, we owe it to the child's family. And what I have said to you, and I've said before and I'll say the same thing to you. I think that people who live in some of the poorer communities, and Lawrence is one of those poorer communities, and Lowell and Brockton and Boston. If this happens in Wellesley, do you think take seventeen days for us to get some information on it. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 7: No, If some more affluent cities and towns that they want answers, they are going to find out what happened.
Speaker 6: And then just one.
Speaker 7: More thing is that they also do like when I work at the Transit Authority, they also if something were to happen and you did get into an accident, you do not leave your facility and they watch you to until the actual they have. It's just like a white box van. You go in there and you take a test, You take a blood alcohol to breathalyze the test, and you have to take a urine test.
Speaker 3: Which is which is the way it should be. Okay, which is simply the way it should be. And because you you were when you're driving a school bus, you were driving precious cargo. You're driving the precious cargo of other people. When I'm driving mike car, and if I drive stupidly, it's and I should I should be held responsible, responsible and if but even more importantly, hope, if I want to drive my car into a tree or into a telephone pole, that's my own stupidity. But if I'm going to drive a school bus into a situation like that, it's it affects more than me, It affects the kids on the bus as well. Thanks. Thank you for being such a good driver, and thank you for being for calling tonight and clarifank things. I appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Yo, I'm going to have a great all right, cut.
Speaker 3: Again, good night. I'm gonna take a quick break. We're going to get everybody in, I promise back on nightside. We'll have plenty of time for Joe, Bob and John in New York. We're looking forward to all the three of these who want to talk about ice. I'm looking forward to hearing what they each have to say. Well, get them all in coming back on night side. Well, it's a couple of lines open if you want to try, I guarantee Joe, Bob and John and I'll try to get you in as well. Six one seven two six one.
Speaker 1: It's nice eye with Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go first to Joe Is in framing him. Joe next on Nightsager Right a hit.
Speaker 9: Shir Hi, probably about what happened in the Worcester ahead. I have a lot of interest in that area because my girlfriend lives in Worcester, and uh, I've been following that of it since.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what's your reaction to me, Mike, you.
Speaker 10: I was appalled by by what happens there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so a lot of curiosity that that uh day. Later that day, I took a ride down to uh Eureka Street to see what it was like, and it's very interesting, very nice area.
Speaker 10: Almost all single family homes. So the impression I get is that most of those rioters, I don't know what.
Speaker 12: Else to call them, that's a good word, that they probably don't come from the immediate area. I think they probably there was about twenty five of them, quote as the least, and I think they probably came from all over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they probably, you know, they didn't just happen to be there. Maybe they knew it was going down, or someone called him and they got there and they intentionally just like those guys, those people down in Newark, New Jersey, they literally, you know, threatened and pushed and shoved ice agents. You do that, you're going to get arrested, particularly based upon what the US attorney Leo Foley has said. And I say hats off to Leo Foley.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, My girlfriend lives in Worcester, so I have a lot of what goes on there.
Speaker 3: Keep us posted. Feel free to call in any night. Joe. Have you called before? This is your first time calling.
Speaker 9: No, I've called a few times over the last ten years, but the last time I called was about.
Speaker 10: About three years ago.
Speaker 3: Join us more frequently, Joe. I appreciate it, Thank you much.
Speaker 4: Have a great night, all right, you too, all.
Speaker 3: Right, good night. Let me go to John in New York, New York City, or somewhere else in New York. John, go right.
Speaker 2: Ahead in Scoharry, New York.
Speaker 3: Now, where the heck is that.
Speaker 2: It's a rural town about forty five miles to the west of all the the state capital.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, I've had you before. I know that. So you're listening to us over there on radio or on the iHeart.
Speaker 2: App Originally I was listening to you on the way home from work every night on the car radio. You have a very powerful station.
Speaker 3: You know we do, we do, but now we have an high hearted You can listen to us anywhere in the world. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: And the reason I call is I wanted to say I understand how you feel about the matters you've been talking about for the last hour. I've been listening, and I understand and I agree with you and the fact that you have a loud voice being a man talking on a very powerful radio transmitter. People in your area that feel the way you do should light the torches and go to the city hall and authorities and ask them poor answers about all this stuff with the school boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want anybody lighting torches. But I think that the problem right now is that there are people out there who decide that whatever they want, they're going to get. And they wanted wide open borders, and they had wide open borders for four years. And now elections, as President Obama once said, elections have consequences. There's a different president, there's a different philosophy in place. Uh, And the ICE is going to try to get and I hope ICE focuses on the most dangerous criminals who are here illegally. Uh, you know, you know, if there are people who are here. I have no idea what this woman was being arrested in in Worcester, but I would hope, I would hope that they would not just go after the low hanging fruit. Let's let's get the people out of here who can do damage to Americans. And if the other side wants to defend rapists and murderers and child molesters, so be it, so be it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, the torches comment I made, that was just a comment.
Speaker 3: I no, no, it was a figure of speech. I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, people get together and they react and they do something. Maybe the way you would like to see this come to a conclusion, maybe it would help.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, there's a lot of folks on the progressive left, including elected officials. So for example, Rob, there's one SoundBite I want to play, uh, and this is the this is the Democratic leader in the House, Hakeem Jeffries, who made these comments after after this this Newark event at an ice headquarters where elected officials play play for me. Please Rob cut seventeen, and I want John to react to it. What happens if they were to go and arrest these members or if they would try to sanction them doing the house works.
Speaker 13: You don't find out.
Speaker 1: What would you do though? I mean, I don't find out.
Speaker 13: I mean, it doesn't find out.
Speaker 3: That's a red line.
Speaker 1: What's the red line? Though?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know we have this.
Speaker 13: A red line. It's very clear. I think that the so called Homeland Security spokesperson is a joke. It's a joke. They know better than to go down that road. And it's been made loudly and abundantly clear to the Trump administration. We're not going to be intimidated by their tactics to try to force principled opposition from not standing up to their extremism. It hasn't happened during the entirety of this failed term. It didn't happen when Donald Trump temporarily was sitting high in the immediate aftermath of the election. Do you think it's going to happen now when he's the most unpopular president in American history after his first one hundred days. Give me a break. No one's intimidated by this dude.
Speaker 3: No one that guy is a disgrace and the Democrats should keep rolling him out, in my opinion, because to take that posture that they will do whatever they want. Uh, Okay, you want to play, you want to play with dynamite. That's what you're playing with, Hakeem Jeffries. Simple is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You know.
Speaker 3: And he's a member of your your congressional delegation. There, John, I'm sure you never voted for him, but.
Speaker 2: Man, but I mean, this is the first time I heard this, and uh, I think this guy's an idiot.
Speaker 3: He's he's more than an idiot. He's a he's a he's a useful fool. Uh and and and a tool and a tool. All right, Hey, John, I appreciate. We've got to get one more in here. Got to get a little.
Speaker 10: Lobl for night.
Speaker 2: And thanks for having my call, So keep calling.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed. Now I'll recognize your voice for sure. Thanks, John, Talk to you soon. I got Bob in South Boston. Bobby're gonna wrap the evening for us, go right ahead.
Speaker 8: No, it's not Bob's pout, damn.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I'm sorry, it's Paul.
Speaker 5: Did you say, yeah from South Boston?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, Paul. Okay, it simp it says Bob. I don't know how Rob got got Paul, but that's okay, I got you out here, Paul, go ahead.
Speaker 8: I just wonder, who the hell do these people think that they are doing this to Ice. It just wasn't in withst It's been happening all along, you know that, right?
Speaker 3: Well, absolutely well. I think they feel that even though there's a new president and there's a new administration and there's new policies, that the country has voted for their little babies, and they're still going to get their way. Well, guess what, as long as there's US attorneys like Leah Foley here in Massachusetts, they better watch what people. Thank god you have her is absolutely right, you know, and someone should. Uh. I just think that that we we're reaching a point in this country where we're losing our collective mind. And these folks they allowed a president in Joe Biden to leave the borders open for four years, remember may Orcus and those people. Uh, they they allowed a president who obviously was dealing with a lot of very serious issues. And and now, because because the world has changed a little bit, and it always changes, it swings back and forth in America. They're they're going to be up said and they're going to be cry babies.
Speaker 8: Well, then I'll say that you've done a lot of shows. And I said this before to you. You've done a lot of shows about the open border issue. I'm sure you know that. I don't know how many shows you done, but you've done a number of them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, and we uh and we'll we'll continue, We'll continue. I'm going to be authentic. I will tell you what I believe. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. I'm going to try to be respectful to people. I want to give everybody an opportunity to present their points of view. That's that's what Nightside is all about.
Speaker 8: And I appreciate you you on Dan, You're you're a good guy and you have a you know I love your show.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. Do me one favorite. Tell all your friends, Tell all your friends about.
Speaker 8: Night and selt listen to Dan, right and listen to night Side.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks Paul, appreciate it so much. We talk soon. Have a great one. We had a great show tonight. I want to thank everybody. Want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank Marita, I want to thank all the callers and all the listeners. Whether you agree or disagree with me, you're welcome here on Nightside. All one thing we can agree on. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's what my pelch Ali rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who are passed. They loved you when you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See again tomorrow night on Nightside. Have a great Thursday, everybody. I will be on Nightside with Dan Ray on Facebook in about two minutes. Join me there, send me a message to give me a rating on the show, and we'll see you tomorrow night. Good night everyone,