Speaker 1: I wish there was something I could say that could make today less interesting, but it's always interesting after a long holiday weekend, Toby and Chilly in the morning at ninety seven point one wash FM. So as we get back to the grind together and know that we're all on cup of coffee number two or three and it's just the way it is. But we'll get through it together because we always do. Anyway, Why are you feeling good this morning? Here before at five o'clock, Chillia Mark.
Speaker 2: We had a lovely family time at the pool over the weekend and we did something we never do. We went later in the day and we had dinner by the pool. We're usually there right when it opens at eleven. This time we got there like at six pm and stay till nine pm, which is a very different experience and it is literally cooler.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: It is a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, like it's just different.
Speaker 1: I remember I remember those days of having dinner by the pool at like five six o'clock and yeah, barbecuing and you know, just being whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not as crowded. It's a community pool, so younger kids have to go to bed and stuff. So true, it worked out for us. Why are you feeling.
Speaker 1: That I enjoyed walking over to watch the fireworks from where I live with my significant other and the dogs, because.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, your dogs can handle that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I couldn't believe it, but they were fine with the booms and the fireworks. Now, we weren't right up, you know, on top of her, like, we weren't in king farm for them, but we had a good enough view from a hill over by the house, and lots of other people were there too, and the dogs were well behaved. I was like, I was like, this is this is actually a pretty decent fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Good. I'm glad it worked out so hopefully.
Speaker 1: You had the chance to enjoy celebrating our country's birthday this weekend. Tell us all about it if you want to. Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number, or you can tap the talkback microphone provided you're signed into your iHeart app listening to us as we tried to get ourselves awake and alive for a brand new week with Telby and Chilly in the morning, it's ninety seven point one, washef them?
Speaker 4: Got the news coming up? Top stories at the top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big news out of Central Texas. Search and rescue efforts continue after flash flooding killed at least eighty people.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable in the hell country. Unbelievable. We'll get you more on that.
Speaker 5: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: Top Stories presented by Celsius Energy Drinks. Search and rescue efforts continue in Central Texas after flash flooding killed at least eighty people, including twenty eight children in Kirk County. Ten girls and a counselor from Camp Mystic remained missing. And by the way, if you do want to help the victims directly, you can make a donation at Community Foundation dot net. President Trump says he is sending take it or Leave It tariff to twelve countries today. Treasury Secretary Scott Besant says that pause tariffs will take effect August first if no progress is made. The Washington Nationals have fired manager Dave Martinez and also general manager Mike Rizzo. That decision comes as the team continues to struggle. Sitting near the bottom of the standings. A teenage boy is in critical condition after nearly drowning at a community pool in Bowie on Saturday. Authority say that thirteen year old was pulled from the water and take into a hospital and investigation is ongoing. Angwill Air is launching new non stop flights from Baltimore to Anguilla starting in December. Flights are going to be twice a week through April, and one way tickets started about three hundred dollars. And according to a recent study, eating about an egg and a half a day could boost your bone health. Researchers found that those who regularly ate eggs had signalificantly higher bone density seventy two percent more at the femur and eighty three percent more at the spine compared to those who did not eat eggs. Forecast for today a chance of rain early on the sun will come out late this afternoon. Highs in the upper eighties. Right now seventy five in Arlington.
Speaker 1: How are you doing this morning as we get back into the work weekend, we returned to the grind. You need a little help to get yourself motivated. Maybe you feel good and you know somebody else who needs a little help to get themselves motivated. Either or your morning mindset is on the way in minutes, stay with Toby and Chilly in the morning. Well it's back to the grind, and days that are back to the grind. Mondays after holidays can be a little bit tough, and that's where hopefully your morning mindset comes in to play today.
Speaker 2: That's why we want to share a quote to get you into a good headspace, maybe something to motivate you as you take on the rest of your day.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chilly in the Morning at ninety seven point one WASHCHEFM and Will Smith. Yes that Will Smith says being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. Let me say that again, being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. What does that mean for you and I Will It means that realism is safe. And there's nothing wrong with safe, I guess. But if you want to change the world, you've got to be a dreamer, because dreamers change the world. So you can say, in this world of realism and be safe, or you can dream and change the world, Will Smith, being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity. That is your morning mindset today, Live beyond mediocrity today. Okay, hopefully that helped and if you need to read it again, Toby and chilipage waschefm dot com, or just reach out to Chile or myself will be happy to send it to you or Toby and Chile in the morning.
Speaker 4: We're coming up in just minutes.
Speaker 2: At the start of the show, we always ask you, guys to share what's making you feel good today, and it looks like we've got a couple of people who want to share just that.
Speaker 1: If you want to jump in, it's eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Or you've got to be listening to the iHeart app to tap the talk back microphone and send us a voice note. Feel free to do either or and we'll get to that next talk back time. It's talk back time, Toby and Chilly. It is talk Back Time ninety seven point one watch FM. We ask you why you're feeling good as we get up just before five and start the show, and we encourage you to call us and tell us why you're feeling good or to leave us to talk back in talk back you did this morning.
Speaker 2: Here's what Katie left us from Arlington.
Speaker 6: I just found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. It has been a game changer. I mean there's no bad chocolate chip cookie, but these ones. Oh my god, that's my good news for the week.
Speaker 2: Katie. Thanks for the message, but I mean, come on, you can't just leave us hanging. You got to email us that recipe.
Speaker 1: Yes, please, please, so I can give it to my daughter and have her try to duplicate it because she loves to bake cookies. Talk bagtime. Mccurtis is listening to us, and Hi, it's Ville. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 6: So, I have an uncle who's not doing too well like financially, and he literally just won twenty thousand dollars on a stratch off lotto ticket.
Speaker 2: Wow. I hope he gives you a little cut of that, mister nephew.
Speaker 1: And if he wants to give even more money and loans out to people, he can come down to our studios at Rockville Pike.
Speaker 4: What Aunt, Chillie.
Speaker 1: We have another talkback message, this one from Courtney over in Fairfax.
Speaker 6: It's laundry day for me, so I'm I'm very excited to hop into clean sheet, a perfectly made bed.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like clean.
Speaker 7: Underwear and socks.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm just gonna say it's It's true.
Speaker 1: You are so right about that, Courtney. Why are you feeling good today? Eight sixty six nine seven six one. Talkback is wide open too. If you like the people you've heard this morning, want to leave us a talkback message, just make sure you're signed into your iHeart app.
Speaker 4: Tap that talkback microphone.
Speaker 1: Your voice note comes to Chili and I here in the studio, Toby and Chili. In the morning, It's ninety seven point one. Watch FM Top Stories at the top of the hour. That's the news for this Monday, and it's.
Speaker 5: Next Top Stories top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Severe flooding in central Texas has killed at least eighty people, and Camp Misstic says it's continuing to work with authorities to search for at least ten missing girls. Meanwhile, if you do want to help the victims, you can make a donation to the Kerr County Flood Relief Fund by going to Community Foundation dot net. A joint investigation by the US Department of Justice and the FBI has found that Jeffrey Epstein did not maintain a client list and that he committed suicide in his Manhattan jail cell, which bunks persistent conspiracy theories. Elon Musk has followed through on his promise to start a new political party called the America Party after the passage of the President's Big Beautiful Bill. That bill will reportedly add three point four trillion dollars to the national debt. More than a dozen teens were charged over the holiday weekend for illegally using fireworks in DC. Police arrested sixteen juveniles and two adults Friday night in the Navy Yard area, and then five more teens were arrested Saturday. Investigators also seized over two hundred fireworks. The Washington Nationals have fired manager Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo in a bid to revitalize the struggling team. Mike de Bartelow has been named interim GM. And according to a recent study of adults over the age of fifty five, forty six percent of couples have argued because they couldn't hear each other properly. Nearly half admit they have to talk louder so their partner can hear them correctly, and they ask each other to repeat themselves an average of four times a week. Forecasts for today there is a chance of rain earlier in the day. The sun will come out later with highs around eighty seven right now seventy five in Capital Heights.
Speaker 1: So it's Toby and Chili in the morning on ninety seven point one wash FM, where you get the news top stories at the top of the hour. Stay with us because coming up, Chilli, you accidentally created a diva. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I try to do something fun with my son and now he's addicted to a very luxurious experience.
Speaker 4: Luxurious created a diva.
Speaker 1: Stay there, let's find out what happens. Toby and Chili in the morning on ninety seven point one wash FM. It's a Monday. We're all trying to get back into the grind. It's a pain. Thanks for waking up with us. How did you he ate a diva out of your son?
Speaker 2: He's only eleven and before we went to the beach a few weeks ago, I took him with me to get a pedicure. I do that anyway before trips, you know, Hey, why not? He's always been curious, Toby, like, he's like, do boys get petticures? What does it feel like? And I said, well, why don't you come with me? And he said, well, I don't want polish? I go No, you don't have to get the polish. Let me tell you that boy love the warm foot soake, he loved the massage chair, he loved the leg massage. And I look over at him and I knew I was in trouble.
Speaker 4: Because he was in Evan.
Speaker 2: I certainly did. And so I'm thinking this was just a nice little mommy sun date, you know, a little splurge. Oh no, he's already asking me, Hey, when are we going back for our petticure. I'm like, kid, you're eleven. I didn't get peticures until I was in my thirties. All right, you.
Speaker 1: Should never underestimate the power of a good pedicure. And as a guy, there are probably people looking at me cross side right now, But have you had a pedicure. Until you've had one, you don't talk about absolutely there They're a thing.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, I would feel this way even if you were an eleven year old girl, right, you don't. You don't need to be going that frequently when you're that young, right, like once in a whild treat as one thing. But I'm sorry, you're not going into the rotation of the maintenance.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know. Now he's gonna find out when mom goes.
Speaker 1: And if you ditch him, he's gonna be all kinds of poopy pants.
Speaker 2: Oh god. Or if I start doing it because I do his feet, he's gonna want the hot towel. He's gonna want the massage.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, he's what said when you put your feet in the sink and it's got the bubbles and jets and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're soaking it in there. He's gonna want the soak. You better get prepared for the soak. No, too bad, so said, No, man, you created a dva. It's your son. That's not too bad. No, it is so sad, too bad?
Speaker 2: All right, fine, I'll get the cucumber water ready.
Speaker 1: That's right, and go get some of that sandpaper stuff they use on your heels too, because you know, he is a boy.
Speaker 2: If only they had little boy prices, maybe I wouldn't mind so much.
Speaker 5: Toby and Chilly's nearly impossible.
Speaker 2: Question, and the question on this Monday morning is, according to a new study, throwback music is the number one sound that triggers happy memories. But what is the number two sound?
Speaker 1: Mm eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number get that question right? You're gonna go see Cindy Lapper Jiffy Lube Live thanks to our friends in Live Nation. That show's coming up on the twenty fourth of this month. Here's the question again.
Speaker 2: Throwback music is the number one sound that triggers happy memories?
Speaker 1: But what is number two? Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one? That's the question. Cindy Lapper tickets up for grabs. She's a Jiffy Lube Live on the twenty fourth. Thank you Live Nation. Call now get it right when You're nearly impossible. A question for Monday is on.
Speaker 5: Toby and Chilly's Nearly Impossible Question, and.
Speaker 2: The question again one more time is According to a study, throwback music is the number one sound that triggers happy memories, But what is number two?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one? Thanks to Live Nation. Cindy Lapper tickets up for grabs. Randy from warrenton, good morning, how are you and welcome?
Speaker 4: I'm very well, how are you good? Shaking off the fourth of July holiday weekend. You know the feeling right and of course right on.
Speaker 1: Well You've got the question, what is your guest for these Cindy Lauper tickets?
Speaker 7: Ocean waves?
Speaker 2: Would that be true for you?
Speaker 4: Randy?
Speaker 2: Does that bring you joy?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: I've been going to the beach since i was two years old.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at yougo. You've spent your entire life going to the beach. Nature's white noise, the crashing of waves, and.
Speaker 2: It is the number two thing according to a study that triggers happy memories. That's correct.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, So you're going to make some memories at Cindy Lapper. She's coming to town. Jiffy loube live on the twenty four thanks to Live Nation. You've got tickets now from ninety seven point one wash CHEFM. Thank you so much, and the news is on the way and minutes Top Stories at the top of the hour with Toby and Chilly in the morning. It's ninety seven point one WASHFM. Happy Monday.
Speaker 8: Ninety seven point one WASHFM, Washington, an iHeartRadio station, coming up on Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 2: Washington Nationals have fired manager Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo.
Speaker 4: What does this mean NAT's fans?
Speaker 1: Details are minutes away with top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: That's the news, Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 1: Ninety seven point one WASHEFM.
Speaker 5: Top Stories, top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Sevie flooding in central Texas has left at least eighty people dead, with nearly seventy of those deaths in Kirk County. Camp Mystic says it's still working with authorities to serve for at least ten missing girls. Meanwhile, if you would like to help, you can make a donation at Community Foundation dot net. President Trump says he's sending it take it or leave it tariff offers to twelve countries today. The Treasury Secretary says that paused tariffs will take effect August first if no progress is made. The Washington Nationals fired their manager, Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo. The decision comes as the team continues to struggle where they sit near the bottom of the standings. Over the weekend, DC Fire and Ems rescued a person from the Potomac River. This happened near the Key Bridge after they went underwater and did not resurface. The individual was found and taken to the hospital in critical condition. Two Metro Blue Line stations Franconia Springfield and Van Dorn Street are closed for construction until July twenty six. Parking lots at both the SA will remain open and free, and bus shuttles to Yellow Line stations are available for passengers. And according to a new study, people who actively show love, whether through a kind word or gesture or just checking in with someone, end up feeling more loved themselves. However, the effects were strongest only about three after three hours, rather after the person expressed that love, and then it started to fade after that forecast. Today, there's a chance of rain this morning. Eventually the sun will come out with hies in the upper eighties. Right now, it's seventy five in Ashbourne.
Speaker 4: You know the movie f one.
Speaker 1: It's really had an incredible run at the box office where Toby and Chilly in the morning. Now that you've got the news tough stories at the top the hour, we want to talk to you about someone who has you starstruck. Brad Pitt was a bit starstruck when he first met a couple of actors. Will tell you who, and then we want to know who you would be starstruck to meet eight six, six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number. Can also tap the talk back microphone if you want, and you're signed into your iHeart app. Sometimes it's easier just to leave us a voice note. We're okay with that. We'll get to it coming up as Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues Toby and Chilly in the Morning on ninety seven point one watch FM. It's a Monday. We're all trying to get back into the grind. It's a pain. Thanks for waking up with us. How did you create a diva out of your son?
Speaker 2: He's only eleven and before we went to the beach a few weeks ago, I took him with me to get a petticure. I do that anyway before trips, you know, hey, why not? He's always been curious, Toby like, He's like, do boys get petticures? What does it feel like? And I said, well, why don't you come with me? And he said, well, I don't want polish. I go No, you don't have to get the polish. Let me tell you that boy love the warm foot soak. He loved the massage chair. He loved a leg massage. And I look over at him and I knew I was in trouble because he was in heavan you, I certainly did, and so I'm thinking this was just a nice little mommy sun date, you know, a little splurge. Oh no, he's already asking me, Hey, when are we going back for our peticure. I'm my kid, you're eleven. I didn't get pedicures until I was in my thirties, all right.
Speaker 1: You should never underestimate the power of a good pedicure. And as a guy, there are probably people looking at me cross side right now, But have you had a pedicure?
Speaker 4: Until you've had one, you don't talk about. Absolutely, they're a thing.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, I would feel this way even if you were an eleven year old girl. Right, You don't need to be going that frequently when you're that young, right, like once in a whild treat as one thing. But I'm sorry, you're not going into the rotation of the maintenance.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now he's gonna find out when mom goes and if you ditch him, he's gonna be all kinds of poopy.
Speaker 2: Pants, Oh god, Or if I start doing it because I do his feet, he's gonna want the hot towel. He's gonna want the massage.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, he's what's that when you put your feet in the sink and it's got the bubbles and jets and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you soaking it in there. He's gonna want the soak. You better get prepared for the soak. No, too bad, so sad? No, man, you created a DV. It's your son. That's not too bad. No, it is so sad, too bad?
Speaker 2: All right, fine, I'll get the cucumber water ready.
Speaker 1: That's right, and go get some of that sandpaper stuff they use on your heels too, because you know, he is a boy.
Speaker 2: If only they had little boy prices, maybe I wouldn't mind so much.
Speaker 9: Toby and Chili's nearly impossible question, and the question on this Monday morning is, according to a new study, throwback music is the number one sound that triggers happy memories.
Speaker 2: But what is the number two sound?
Speaker 1: MM eight sixty six ninety seven forty three sixty one is the number Get that question right. You're gonna go see Indy Lapper Jiffy Loube Live thanks to our friends in Live Nation. That show's coming up on the twenty fourth of this month. Here's the question again.
Speaker 2: Throwback music is the number one sound that triggers happy memories? But what is number two? Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one? That's the question. Cindy Lapper tickets up for grabs. She's a Jiffy Lube live on the twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Thank you Live Nation, call now get it right when your nearly impossible question for Monday is on.
Speaker 5: Toby and Chilly's Nearly Impossible.
Speaker 2: Question, and the question again one more time is According to a study, throwback music is the number one sound that triggers happy memories, But what is number two?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Eight sixty six ninety two seven forty three sixty one. Thanks to Live Nation, Cindy Lapper tickets up for grabs. Randy from Warrenton, Good morning, how are you?
Speaker 4: And welcome? I'm very well. How are you good? Shaking off the fourth of July holiday weekend? You know the feeling right of course?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, you've got the question. What is your guest for these Cindy Lapper tickets?
Speaker 7: Ocean waves?
Speaker 4: Would that be.
Speaker 2: True for you? Randy? Does that bring you joy?
Speaker 7: Yes? I've been going to the beach since I was two years old.
Speaker 1: Wow, look at you, goo. You've spent your entire life going to the beach. Nature's white noise, the crashing of waves, and.
Speaker 2: It is the number two thing according to a study that triggers happy memories. That's correct.
Speaker 1: All right, awesome, So you're going to make some memories at Cindy Lapper. She's coming to town. Jiffy Loub Live on the twenty four thanks to Live Nation. You've got tickets now from ninety seven point one WASHFM.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, and.
Speaker 1: The news is on the way in a minutes. Top Stories at the top of the hour with Heelby and Chilly in the Morning. It's ninety seven point one wash FM, Happy Monday.
Speaker 8: Ninety seven point one WASHFM, Washington, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Coming up on Top Stories, Top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Washington Nationals fired manager Dave Martinas and general manager Mike Rizzo.
Speaker 4: What does this mean, NAT's fans.
Speaker 1: Details are minutes away with Top Stories at the top of the hour. That's the news. Toby and Chilly in the Morning nuety seven point one wash.
Speaker 4: It then.
Speaker 5: Top Stories top of the hour.
Speaker 2: Severe flooding in central Texas has left at least eighty people dead. With nearly seventy of those deaths in Kirk County. Camp Mystic says it's still working with authorities to search for at least ten missing girls. Meanwhile, if you would like to help, you can make a donation at Community Foundation dot net. President Trump says he's sending it take it or leave it tariff offers to twelve countries today. The Treasury Secretary says that paused tariffs will take effect August first if no progress is made. The Washington Nationals fired their manager, Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo. The decision comes as the team continues to struggle where they sit near the bottom of the standings. Over the weekend, DC Fire and Ems rescued a person from the Potomac River. This happened near the Key Bridge after they went underwater and did not resurface. The individual was found and taken to the hospital in critical condition. Two Metro Blue Line stations, Franconia Springfield and Van Dorn Street are closed for construction until July twenty six. Parking lots at both those stations will remain open and free, and bus shuttles to Yellow Line stations are available for passengers and According to a new study, people who actively show love, whether through a kind word or gesture or just checking in with someone, end up feeling more loved themselves. However, the effects were strongest only about three after three hours, rather after the person expressed that love, and then it started to fade after that. Forecasts today there's a chance of rain the thing this morning. Eventually the sun will come out with highs in the upper eighties. Right now, it's seventy five in Ashbourne.
Speaker 1: You know the movie f one, It's really had an incredible run at the box office where Toby and Chilly in the morning. Now that you've got the news top stories, it's top the hour. We want to talk to you about someone who has you starstruck. Brad Pitt was a bit starstruck when he first met a couple of actors. We'll tell you who, and then we want to know who you would be starstruck to meet. Eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number. You can also tap the talk back microphone if you want, and you're signed into your iHeart app. Sometimes it's easier just to leave us a voice note. We're okay with that. We'll get to it coming up. As Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues, who is someone that you would like to meet that would leave you starstruck? Toby and Chilly in the Morning, It is ninety seven point one Wash FM.
Speaker 4: That's the question for you this morning.
Speaker 1: Give us a call at eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one if you want to tell us right now, or tap the talkback microphone and we bring it up with you.
Speaker 2: Because Brad Pitt's been doing the interviews for the F one movie. You know, it made one hundred and forty million dollars only opening weekend, and he said that he was genuinely starstruck when he met Gena Davis and Susan Sarandon in Thelman Louise. You remember he had a little part in that movie. Wow, Of all the people that he's met, he was most starstruck with those ladies, which is kind of cool because I'm sure a lot of people would be starstruck meeting him. Not I, but yes, other people.
Speaker 1: You know, ask Angelina, Joe Lee or Jennifer Aniston. Oh good lord, Well, I'm just kidding. He's no George Clooney. I mean, if I were to meet George Clooney. He's the only person I can think of right now that would make him in hall and be like, I wouldn't want to look stupid in front of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be Prince Harry for me.
Speaker 2: Prince Harry.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know that might be odd, but I just really like Prince Harry. I like the fact that he's royalty and he walked away from it. The Megan Markele thing that's just icing on the cake, the fact that he's married to Megan Markle. He's kept himself very busy, very active with his philanthropies. He's a humanitarian.
Speaker 2: Prince Harry, I'll take Clooney, you can have Harry and kaya.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling us in Petworth this morning, d C, so we understand you were actually starstruck, cut up.
Speaker 7: I was at work and I'm not going to name the restaurant because it's pretty high profile restaurants, and one of the first tables that I got sat was Duane Wade and Gabrielle Union, which I'm a huge fan of both of them. Had to really like stop and like pull myself together, take a couple of deep breasts, and then approach the table to greet them, and like, you know, I had to like pretend that they weren't who they were.
Speaker 5: It was so awesome though.
Speaker 7: They were super nice and so down to earth and it was just like the awesome the best shift I've ever worked ever.
Speaker 2: Nice that you got to meet somebody that made you starstruck. But we are curious who's on the list of someone you haven't met.
Speaker 1: Give us a call on that wow, tell us who it is for bonus points, tell us why we're Toby and Chilly in the Morning, and we'll get to your calls coming up in just a bit. However, we have a story that we think might just make your Monday coming up next.
Speaker 2: A Northern Virginia man is trying to spread some joy and pride one step at a time.
Speaker 1: Stay with us Toby and Chilly in the Morning on ninety seven point one wash FM. Now a story that we think might just to make your Monday. Each morning, before the sun climbs above Bristol, Virginia, James Stanley laces up his running shoes and grabs an enormous American flag and he runs and with each stride through town, he carries a flag as a symbol of pride and remembrance, and sometimes he even adds a pow mia banner to run and honor those who've served.
Speaker 2: James said he started running about a decade ago after his dad passed away as a tribute to him.
Speaker 10: At the time, it was just a way to not think about it. And I don't know why that was my response at the time, but I think I maybe it was his gift to me.
Speaker 1: James is a Navy reservist with nearly fifteen years of service. He didn't set out to be a local hero, driven by loyalty and a sense of duty. He doesn't run for medals. He runs to remind people what the flag stands for.
Speaker 2: And his daily miles through all the neighborhoods really sparked volunteerism and kindness and uplift spirits and fosters a sense of unity in his community.
Speaker 10: Realize that every little thing that you do really does matter, no matter how small, it's going to change somebody's day.
Speaker 4: When James runs, it's more than just exercise. It's a tribute, a moving tribute, a.
Speaker 2: Beacon of service even and a testament to the power of simple acts carried out with heart.
Speaker 4: James Stanley.
Speaker 1: Thank you for making our Monday, and thank you for what you've done to uplift our community. If you've got a story that you think might just make somebody's one day, we would love to hear all about it. Feel free to fin find us on the Toby and chilipage at watchfm dot com. And while you're there, if you want to read the story again, you can. We've posted it there for you and you can feel free to share it with whomever might need it.
Speaker 4: Stay there.
Speaker 1: We've got the news Top stories at the top of the hour on the way in just minutes with Toby and Chile in the morning.
Speaker 2: Top Stories Top of the Search and rescue operations continue after flash flooding killed at least eighty people in central Texas. The tolk includes at least twenty eight children in Kerr County. Meanwhile, if you would like to help out, you can make a donation at Community Foundation dot net. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyah, who is set to visit the One House today to meet with President Trump. Trump has continued to press the Israeli leader about a ceasefire agreement with Hamas to end the war in Gaza. A joint investigation by the US Department of Justice and the FBI has found that Jeffrey Epstein did not maintain a client list and that he committed suicide in his Manhattan jail cell. Debunking persistent conspiracy theories, The Washington Nationals A fired manager Dave Martinez and general manager Mike Rizzo in a bid to revitalize the struggling team. Mike de Bartelow has been named interim GM. Fairfax County Public Schools are offering free forty five minute virtual mental health consultations for parents and middle or high school students now through August first. The sessions address issues like family conflict, peer challenges, and study habits, with referrals to community resources if needed. And according to a recent survey, one in three Americans give their cars nicknames. The survey also revealed that twelve percent of Americans believe their cars have feelings. This is especially true among younger drivers orcast board. Today have a chance of rain and then the sun will come out. This afternoon. Highs in the upper eighties. Right now, seventy seven in Gaithersburg.
Speaker 1: That's the news with Toby and Chilly in the morning. Tell your friends you get top stories at the top of the hour. Monday, a brand new week, and we want to know who it is that makes you starstruck? Who are you starstruck over? Brad pitten f one huge movie in the box office so far this summer, says he was starstruck when he met Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon. So who's on your starstruck list? Call us and tell us everything at eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one, or tap that talk bag microphone if you're signed into your iHeart app, let us know. We'll talk next talking about who would leave you starstruck? This morning with Toby and Chile in the morning at ninety seven point one. Wash FM could be anybody like George Clooney for Chili or Prince Harry for me. Eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number. Talkbacks wide open too.
Speaker 4: If you want to.
Speaker 1: Sign into your iHeart app, taps speak and send. You're already listening to us on the app anyway, some might as well do it. Rachel, good morning and Bethesda, who would leave you starstruck?
Speaker 2: And why Rihanna? No matter how cool I try to act. I probably forget how to speak and just blink at her like a broken robot. Here's my advice. Always wear some Fenti product on you. That way, she'll be impressed when she meets you.
Speaker 1: That's right, And when you do meet her eventually, because you will one day if you believe in it. Let her know we said hi, and thanks for all the great music that we can play here at ninety seven point one watch FM. Yep, I'm gratuitous that way. Christopher oxen Hill, Hello, who would leave you starstruck?
Speaker 2: I think if I met.
Speaker 4: Morgan Freeman, I would be superstarstruck.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm been a huge fan of everything he's ever done.
Speaker 2: For decades and that would probably be totally speechless if I had the chance to actually need it.
Speaker 1: Totally agree that man's body of work is unparalleled and.
Speaker 2: The best character he's ever played. Can we agree? Is read from Shawshank Get Busy.
Speaker 4: Living or Get Busy Dying.
Speaker 8: Let's go down right, Toby and Chillie press the more music button at eight forty over two hours commercial free.
Speaker 5: Next on wash at Them