Speaker 1: Baby, you're my game stuck too.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot of tangle.
Speaker 3: You don't want to mess with me.
Speaker 1: Mess with me, baby, you're my game stuck to.
Speaker 3: Ouch, Baby, you're a game stick too.
Speaker 4: For good warning, this podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality.
Speaker 1: Listener Discretion is a vibe.
Speaker 4: Talk with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo. Mm hmm, Hello and welcome back to the show. Let's see how this goes. We have Colby in the house and a third co host to sleeping on the job that we created with our bodies. Colby, how are you.
Speaker 3: Excellent? Sleep deprived? Yeah, probably not as much as you.
Speaker 4: I think we're about equal because I get some naps in during the day.
Speaker 3: Heck about the normal amount of sleep deprived?
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, Well, thank you for joining me for this bonus episode. It's been a couple of weeks. We've taken some time off and in the meantime we got a chance to binge watch the New ed Gian on Netflix, and I thought we could talk a little bit about that in this series because they through a little mental institution action in there.
Speaker 3: Well and just flat out mental illness.
Speaker 4: Schizophrenia our favorite topic. Although I never read that the real Edgie in was schizophrenic. I don't know if that's something they just added.
Speaker 3: Well, they did add a lot and didn't include some stuff. If you haven't watched it, I don't know how much we're going to talk about as far as spoilers go.
Speaker 2: What shocks you most about him?
Speaker 4: How did he do it? What was his childhood like?
Speaker 2: Now I'd like to show you something worse.
Speaker 3: You're working too fast.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, mother, Just go.
Speaker 2: Slow and steady, take your time, sweet boy.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like to just give out all the spoilers. If you haven't watched it, you need to. It took us two days with a new baby, so you have no excuse, is that it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's three, but maybe times time is a flat circle when you're a new parent.
Speaker 4: Right. The last two weeks has felt like one long ass fucking day to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since we got back from the hospital, Julia hasn't left the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but I wanted to watch that anyways, and I feel like with all this extra time that we have, it it was a good time to do it. We watched another one called Late Night with the Devil on Hulu. Don't watch it, We're due.
Speaker 3: I'd heard a lot of hype around it, especially in the conspiracy circles, but ended up being kind of a polished turd that got less polished as the film progressed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But so the reason that we bring up Edgian is because I wanted to talk about serial killers who may or may not have been programmed within mental institutions.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and it really I think we had already brought him up at one point in this series. I don't remember when, but we were talking maybe it was the pop culture one. We're talking about how he had influenced Psycho, Texas Chainsaw massacre and Silence of the Lambs, And from what I understand, it's not even concrete that it really did inspire the Texas chainsaw massacre. I've seen some I don't know. Is that guy dead now, Toby Toby Hooper, I don't know. But anyway, I kind of thought it was cool the way they interlaced all that stuff going on. I thought they got a little carried away with the Anthony Perkins side story. But you know, Ryan Murphy likes to gay it up however he can, so it does focus a lot on the sexuality of Anthony Perkins.
Speaker 4: And there's even a dance number.
Speaker 3: There's a few. But yeah, I mean, all in all, I did like it. I can understand some of the gripes about it. I've watched a few reviews, just doing dishes here and there. I'll throw one on and I've actually learned a lot about the real ed gain like the girl. And you don't know this yet, I watched a video today, So right after and Adeline is a character that almost becomes a main character in an episode or two. And she is a neighbor who in the the Netflix series, they had a decade two decade long relationship. In a weird way, he had proposed to her. So the thing is a lot of people thought that was all bullshit, but that was taken from an interview she gave right after he was arrested.
Speaker 4: She said she told him to fuck dead bodies.
Speaker 3: That part no, But she came out and said that they had a twenty year long relationship and that he proposed to her and that she said no because she thought she was too dark for him. So she gives this interview in nineteen fifty seven, right and in the video I'm watching this guy totally thought, well, I'll tell it first. But so in nineteen fifty nine, she does a second interview with a different publication and says that the story that they ran in fifty seven was inaccurate and highly exaggerated. But it seems like Ryan Murphy did take a lot of this love story that he threw in there from that interview that she gave initially, do.
Speaker 4: You think she was just trying to get her ten minutes or whatever they.
Speaker 3: Say that could be, and then she decided to take it back. Another possibility is that whoever, I don't remember what publication it was, if it was some local Wisconsin thing or more of a national thing, but either way, they could have taken liberties themselves and she went to set the record straight. But in my mind, you wouldn't wait two years to do that. Another thing is maybe she was getting unwanted and negative attention and so she decided to say, actually, we only had about a seven month relationship. I never actually I actually never even went and never went into his home. But at first she was saying it was more like what the movie presents. So anyway, I recommend watching it with an open mind, understand that this isn't going to be like the Dahmer Monster, the initials the Dahmer.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, they knocked it out of the park, and now they're just like, I don't know a lot of people like the Menindez Brothers one. You know, my cousin liked it. I think my sister liked it too, But this this ed Yeean one. As I was watching it, all I could think in the back of my head is most of this stuff is fucked made up because they didn't have enough information even on the real guy, to make like they could have taken the information available, and it's, like you said, made three episodes out of it because there's just not a lot known about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that I've seen the whole thing, I'm almost glad they didn't. I thought the way they kind of focused at the end of the series on him being this big help to the FBI and catching Ted Bundy, with there's no record of that whatsoever, that in fact they tried to take like the Ted Bundy helping catch the Green River Killer, which also inspired Silence of the Lambs. It's almost like this fucking thing is art imitating life. Imitating art imitating life.
Speaker 1: Like it's a.
Speaker 3: Weird, trippy meta reality and you feel schizophrenic watching it. And it jumps around in time in weird ways, not like not like pulp fiction or anything like that, or Memento, but it just does weird tricks and it does make you feel like, well, what the fuck is real? And you know, I would say, just watch it and maybe leave a comment. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We both gave it eight out of ten. Nipple belts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I rated it higher than I thought I would all said and done, but I would say Dahmer is a ten. I never watched the Menendez Brothers one.
Speaker 4: This one's a night. The guy, I will say, though, the actor who's playing ed Gian is really a fantastic Yeah. Mother.
Speaker 3: He does this weird thing with his voice.
Speaker 4: Almost sounds Irish to me at times, a weird accent.
Speaker 3: I watched one guy. What is he in real life?
Speaker 4: Is he British?
Speaker 3: No, let's look him up.
Speaker 1: Broke.
Speaker 4: You remember he was in Crimson Peak. He had an eight that he had an American accent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but doesn't mean he's not British in real life. Let's look it up because I know that he's criticized for the earlier seasons of Sons of Anarchy. What's his name, Charlie something.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just know him from Crimson Peak. He's a good looking guy.
Speaker 3: He looks just like the real ed Gian Charlie Hunnam. See he doesn't really have the Forest Whittker eye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the way they did him up, he really looked like him. And just so you know, I was planning on talking to JJ vance about this because we both.
Speaker 3: He is from the UK, so yeah, his accent sometimes is a bit off. He I'm curious about whether or not the director or Ryan Murphy or Charlie himself decided to take this weird route with the voice. But it's creepy, but it's also like they do want you to know that this guy is a kind soul despite it all.
Speaker 4: Say I was gonna say something about that, actually, but I was gonna ask JJ about this because in Program to Kill Dave McGowan makes a really compelling case that a lot like Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, even Jeffrey Dahmer, that ed Gean didn't actually ever kill anybody, and he was sure guilty of necrophilia like he would go dig up dead people out of the graveyard and bring them back home and make nipple belts and furniture and shit out of them. But there's no actual evidence that he ever murdered anyone. But there is a satanic cult that operates out of Wisconsin in and around the area where Jeffrey Dahmer and ed Geian were living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does seem to me like fuckery is afoot. Granted, this woman hardware store owner was found strung up in his barn.
Speaker 4: Whether there's no evidence he did.
Speaker 3: It, yeah, and he maintained his innocence, but he did go down for he admitted to killing two people. But he also got a confession beat out of him by the local sheriff, so these things are inadmissible.
Speaker 4: He's a Henry Lee Lucas though he's like a simple minded guy like Henry Lee Lucas was doing stuff too. He and he definitely killed his mom and his girlfriend. But is he really guilty of all the stuff they pinned on him? I don't think so. Just like with ed Gian, it's like, yeah, they literally, you said, the sheriff like knocked his fucking block off, and then all of a sudden he was like, okay, yeah, sure, I killed him.
Speaker 3: And then the sheriff promptly dies of a heart attack after they couldn't admit the the.
Speaker 4: Sheriff died of the heart I told you that I thought you said ed Gean died of the heart attack.
Speaker 3: No, ed Gean lived till he was eighty something, right in jail. No, in the just like in the show, but the sheriff. So yeah, now I'll explain this to you because I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought you said that, sheriff.
Speaker 3: And in the show, they for some reason make the son of the victim, the woman strung up at the barn, They make her son the deputy that beats the ship out of ed Geane. That wasn't in any way accurate. But the sheriff himself did beat ed during confession, so it was inadmissible. And then he turns around and dies of a heart attack, and they say the whole thing just fucked him up, finding all that ship in Ed's house, the nipple belts and the foreskin lamps, the dried wolves that he would uses pasties around his little willie. But it's just as weird to me that that guy died the way he died. It's almost like maybe he knew something or he was going to talk. You know, it's just weird that these programmed killings were happening that far back.
Speaker 4: But think about this, right, they say that ed Gian went crazy because he saw pitchers of World War two and all this stuff. I don't think anybody really knows what the fuck's going on. I don't think he actually ever killed anyone. I think he was a simple minded guy that lived in town. That was his mom or his family members were somehow involved in this cult that would drop dead bodies off at his house and he would do weird shit with him. But what I will say is, after watching all those seasons of American Horror Story, especially the one that we just watched, Cult and like putting all the pieces together about Ryan Murphy and what's his fuck what's the other guy's name, Brad Paul Chuck, Yeah, they know something right, and now they're.
Speaker 3: Doing I mean, we did talk about their rise from Glee to being the harbinger of On the Nose conspiracy candy.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, and now they're doing these serial killer things. It's like the program to kill SEO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but well there's a line in the so he has this whole fantasy in his head. He has this nurse sneak of the ham radio and he thinks he's talking to these people, and he's talking to this Nazi woman and she flat out says the Program to Kill Playbook, Yeah, they need a monster, and they create us around, accusing us of things we didn't do. I mean, yeah, they know something. But he's almost Ryan Murphy's almost like fuck you with this in my mind because he got criticized for humanizing Dahmer too much. Wow, he got criticized for the glorification of these things, and in the end of this ed Geen one, he's actually like rubbing it in even harder, like the glorification all these serial killers supposedly influenced. I think the last episodes called the Godfather. Yeah, he's like the Godfather of serial killers, even though technically, even the mainstream narrative, he's not a serial killer. He went down for murdering two people, convicted of murdering one, and.
Speaker 4: The rest were just fucking dead body.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, it's almost like if the Program to Kill Playbook is in full swing already at this point, they found this guy digging up bodies. They saw his intrigue. Maybe this taxi are me hobby of his, wasn't just on his own?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we're just getting to the good part. Head on over to the Cosmic Peach Patreon and make your reservation to room two three seven to enjoy the rest of this episode. Not sure how to get there, download the app or go to patreon dot com slash cosmic Peach. What's in Room two three seven? Thanks for asking, Danny. Let me show you something. See for yourself and uncover bonus content. Extended versions of episodes, add free content, early access to every single episode, all videos and personal updates, and just whatever else I'm in the mood for. There are plenty of amenities to enjoy while checked in to Room two three seven. Take a trip up the sidewinder and stay a while. You can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave, just kidding. Thank you in advance for supporting the show, and I can't wait to see it over there.