Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you pal right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora and i am Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than There are magic sets coming out that are featuring outside universe crossovers, people in Magic, Crystal Mad.
Speaker 1: Spotman Annie. We have, first of all, a new patron. Thank you to Sarah for becoming a patron.
Speaker 2: Thanks Sarah, join us with Morgan in the.
Speaker 1: Hot tom Oh my gosh, the patron hot tub. It's growing, it's growing.
Speaker 2: It's a really big hot tub. But at least everyone is very clean and friendly and fun.
Speaker 1: Fact, no temperature controls on it. It's just from body heat.
Speaker 2: I'm so upset now.
Speaker 1: Also, on the eighteenth, that is next Saturday, as the recording Crow flies here, we will be doing our Zoom Trivia noon Mountain time. It's free, so if you need the link, let us know and come and join us, hang out, play some fun trivia. It's just for fun, casual, good time.
Speaker 2: Yee.
Speaker 1: And if you like what we do, don't forget you can send us a little coffee tip ko dash Fi dot com slash Quizbangpod. We appreciate some.
Speaker 2: All and if you've ever thought about visiting Kristipy Colorado, we're doing live trivia every week, so now it's a good time to come on over. We'll be at Montagna's on Monday and at the Almont every single Thursday.
Speaker 1: If you need more info on that, let us know as well. And with the business concluded, here is how the show works. Quiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one The category is history including half siblings. How many US presidents have been an only child? Question two? Category Food and Drink. What is mixed with chocolate to make a ganesh? Question three? Category science? Which chemical element, under standard conditions is the least dense metal in the least dense solid element? Question four? Category music. This one comes from O. R.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ore, Thank you are I can hear it now. What song by Steeler's Wheel, originally released in nineteen seventy two, was made infamous in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. And now the answers to round one? Question one, including half siblings? How many US presidents have been an only child? Zero? Although there were no only children. Three presidents had only one sibling Calvin Coolidge, Franklin, d Roosevelt, and Reagan. And then there were some with half siblings. No. Question two? What is mixed with chocolate to make a ganesh cream tasty? Question three? Which chemical element understandard conditions is the least dense metal and the least dense solid element lithium? It is able to float on water? I would not recommend it.
Speaker 2: You would not recommend floating on water or floating lithium on water? Well, now I have to do it.
Speaker 1: Question four? What song by Steeler's Wheel was made infamous in Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. Stuck in the middle with you?
Speaker 2: Round two? Question five The category is anatomy. Our eyes can detect more shades of which color than any other. Question six. The category is literature. The first novel to ever mention a dinosaur? Was bleak House in eighteen fifty three, by which Victorian author. Question seven. The category is film. This question comes from listener Bubby, then you Bubby. Bubby was the only franchise to win the Oscar for Best Animation twice. Question eight. The category is geography. What is the capital of Turkey? And now the answer is to round two. Question five. Our eyes can detect more shades of which color than any other green Question six. The first novel to ever mention a dinosaur was bleak House in eighteen fifty three, by which Victorian author Charles Dickens the story says, implacable November weather, as much mud in the streets as if the waters had but newly retired from the face of the earth, and it would not be wonderful to meet a megalosaurus forty feet long or so, waddling like an elephantine lizard up Holborn Hill. Question seven was the only franchise to win the Oscar for Best Animation twice. Toy story Question eight, what is the capital of Turkey?
Speaker 1: And Kara, that's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Games and hobbies. And this bang bang is brought to you by Major Data. Thank you Major, Thank you Major. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following name the six properties you find between Pennsylvania Railroad and B and O Railroad on a monopoly board. Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The six properties between Pennsylvania Railroad and B and O Railroads are Saint James Place, Tennessee Avenue, New York Avenue, Kentucky Avenue, Indiana Avenue, and Illinois Avenue.
Speaker 1: On to round three. Question nine, the category is space. The largest asteroid in the Solar system is which dwarf planet? Question ten? Category television on the Golden Girls? Which Golden Girl was a year younger than her TV daughter in real life? Question eleven, Category sports name either the men's or women's singles US Open champion from twenty twenty five. Question twelve, category history. King Edward the First bestowed what title on his son in thirteen oh one, beginning the tradition of giving the title to the heir apparent, and now the answer is around three. Question nine, The largest asteroid in the Solar system is which Dwarf Planet series. It is considered both an asteroid and a dwarf planet. It's big enough to become a dwarf planet.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Question ten on the Golden Girls, Which Golden girl was a year younger than her TV daughter? In real life? Sophia Estelle Getty was a year younger than b Arthur. You had to take forty five minutes to get into makeup, and then more after she got a facelift between season one and two.
Speaker 2: Thank you stop trying to be younger?
Speaker 1: Question eleven. Name either the men's or women's singles US Open champion from twenty twenty five. The men's champion is Carlos Alcarez and the women's is Arena Sablenka. That is her second in a row. Question twelve. King Edward the First bestowed what title on his son in thirteen oh one Prince of Wales?
Speaker 2: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is animals. Which cat is the biggest of the big cats, growing much larger than its parent species? Question fourteen. The category is folklore, stemming from ancient Roman belief as a symbol of friendship. In later a Da Vinci painting is considered an evil omen to spill what Question fifteen. The category is music? Who released the album Appetite for Destruction? Question sixteen? The category is pop culture. Nicole Kidman is currently in the process of getting a divorce from which musician? And now? The answer is to round four Question thirteen. Which cat is the biggest of the big cats, growing much larger than his parents? Species? A liger. The liger is the offspring of a male lion in a tie gris or female tiger. So I didn't know this, David. But there's also a tign, which is when it's a male tiger and a lioness. But ligers get much bigger than tygon's.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm saying nonsense right now.
Speaker 1: Those of you out there expecting a baby like you to consider the name Tigon.
Speaker 2: It's a good yeah. If you have twins both there, you're all set.
Speaker 1: Liiger Johnson, Come on, Tigon Smith.
Speaker 2: Question fourteen. Stemming from ancient Roman belief as a symbol of friendship, is considered an evil omen to spill what salt? It was usually presented to guests before other food to signify the abiding strength of friendship. The vince She's the last supper depicts Judas Scariot having knocked over a salt cellar. Ho ho ho.
Speaker 1: People often point to that as the origin of it, that painting and it being bad luck, But it actually was a bad omen before that, going back to ancient Rome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice little secret there, Da Vinci. They should write a book called the Da.
Speaker 1: Vinci Da Vinci Secret of Secrets.
Speaker 2: Question fifteen. Who released the album Appetite for Destruction, Guns and Roses? They released it in nineteen eighty seven. Question sixteen. Nicole Kidman is currently getting a divorce from whom Keith Urban. I think they had a pretty long run to Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Film. We're going to give you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final question. One for which month is diamond the birthstone?
Speaker 2: Question two? A common trope in film and television sees characters try to destroy paper evidence by putting it in what office appliance?
Speaker 1: Question three The Rondanini Pieta was the last sculpture worked on by which artist before his death?
Speaker 2: And Your Big Bang Question, which nineteen ninety movie claimed and held the record for highest grossing independent film until The Blair which project broke the record.
Speaker 1: And now the answers to The Big Bang Round question one for which month is diamond the birthstone April?
Speaker 2: Question two, a common trope in film and television sees characters try to destroy paper evidence by putting it in what office appliance shredder?
Speaker 1: Question three. The Rondanini Pieta was the last sculpture worked on by which artist before his death.
Speaker 2: Michelangelo and Your Big Bang Question, which nineteen ninety movie claimed and held the record for highest grossing independent film until The Blair Which project broke the record. The film with the characters April, Michelangelo and the Shrudder, It's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Heroes in a half Shell Turtle.
Speaker 1: Bow Go Ninja, Go Ninja Go.
Speaker 2: The Brilliant Vanilla Ice cameo is in the second one Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too The Secret of the Ooze.
Speaker 1: He also did the Go Ninja Go app but that was in the second one too. Yeah, so I guess he was a huge fan of the first one and was like, I'm going to do all of the second one. It was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that.
Speaker 1: The first one was great, but they tried the costumes. We were great. It's much better than the CGI versions that came out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's super fun. It had its moments, but yeah, I mean, I don't know how well it holds up, but it was great in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: Actually, I feel like I saw it not too long ago, and it holds up all right. If you you know, know what you're watching.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean, if you if you're in for a movie about turtles that are also ninjas that are also teenagers who love pizza.
Speaker 1: And fight against uh, basically the New York Yakuza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great time. Raphael is so poudy and whiney.
Speaker 1: I never understood why people liked him because that's like everybody's like, I like the loaner, I like the broody, emo butt kicker, yeah, and I'm like I like the party dude, right, I like the one that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one that's happy, fun and eats pizza. I mean, they all eat pizza. But he really loves pizza. And you all know that we're talking about Michaelangelo. Yeah, Michelangelo is my favorite too. I guess maybe that's what I mean. I don't know if kids these days even know anything about the turtles, but I feel like that should be a dating app question, which turtle do you relate to the most? That should be the only question that'll solve all your problems, all your problems.
Speaker 1: A Michael Jewel can't date a.
Speaker 2: Raphael clearly, and.
Speaker 1: Michael Angel will get along with the Donna Tello, but not for the long run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, A Leronardo can probably data Donna Tello, and yeah, Leonard and Donna Tello can cross date.
Speaker 1: I feel like Leonardo and Raphael would would get along mm hmm, and Leonardo and Michelangelo would would not.
Speaker 2: I feel like Raphael shouldn't date. I think if you're a Raphael, if you're al, you should just lean into being a loner.
Speaker 1: That's right, fulfill your destinies.
Speaker 2: I guess that's a harsh thing to say.
Speaker 1: Oh you like, Hey, them's the rules. We don't make the rules.
Speaker 2: We don't make the rules. We just abide by pizza.
Speaker 1: Tell us who your turtle type is and uh, I feel like what we do support us. By becoming a patron at Patreon p A t R e o n dot com slash quiz bang, you get at the five dollars level, end up an extra episode a month, and even for a dollar, you get ad free episodes on Patreon's feed. Zoom Trivia Again is on the eighteenth, and that's going to do it for this episode of quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I've been David.
Speaker 2: Flora, I've been any Flora. Jeez, looking at you.
Speaker 1: Quiz