Speaker 1: It's now time for monster Soup with your really fun at party's host Dave Spencer.
Speaker 2: And his level headed co host Brian McKinney. These dudes will explore all the crazy mysteries roaming on forest and to serve Paulways. After all, monsters are real. It's monster Soup time right now, get it while it's hot. Now. Your host's Dave and Brian. Why Hello, look.
Speaker 3: Good A monster soup, A kitchen up conversation for misfits, Kryptis and these kids. I am David Spencer, your host, and with me is always on the beach. They call him the bastard Baster. We call him Brian McKinney.
Speaker 2: Hello, good, that was a good one. I was expecting that I'm thinking something beach theme.
Speaker 3: I just I my my Ohio skin felt sun for the first time in six months. Just got back from vacation, so I'm actually this morning, woke up at three in the morning and.
Speaker 2: Hanging out all day, rotting on my.
Speaker 3: Couch watching what was it watching today? I was trying to watch Daredevil, the New Daredevil, and then I just like was it was too bright out in my living room and I just could not see the TV. Because the whole thing was just like dark, and I was just like, I don't all as I can see as my windows right now, So I just turned it off and then I forget what I watched always Sunny in Philadelphia, which was much better. But yeah, so I'm I'm post vacation, post cruise, Dave. I don't know how I feel about cruises, and they were cool. I did have a good time. I do have a problem with like not being able to explore like in the morning, which is what I like to do. But there was like a ten on a ten moment where you like have your coffee and you're like sitting on a deck like looking out at like seven in the morning. Because I can't sleep on vacations ever, so just like sitting there like drinking and I'm just like, ah, this is really nice, so this is a nice view. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was. It was incredible. I was like oh yeah, off uh.
Speaker 2: And then but like we.
Speaker 3: Had like long days and stuff like that, so like my wife would go to bed early, and I'm a night out and a morning person, so like I'm just like up at both those hours trying to fill time. And I like would go to the comedy club by myself, and then like I would go like just like wander I watched like what is it the fall Guy that was playing on like the deck, like the old yeah Ryan Gosling, and I was just like, I'll watch this movie by myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those those deck movies like late at Night, those are awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, They're fun. It was good. It's a good way to spend some time. I like, so, uh, you know we are Our plan of smuggling in vodka worked really well for like the first day, and then like the day like two or like love a beer.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: We abandoned. We abandoned our vodka plans like pretty quick because you're just like, you know, you gotta switch your drinks at so we were just like, let's just get a bucket. Was like, was that I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, sometimes you just gotta have a beer, you know, I know.
Speaker 3: Man, Like when the prices weren't like crazy bad, like I'm good, I'm used to like Putting Bay prices, so I.
Speaker 2: Just assumed everything was going to be like that.
Speaker 3: Put Bay is an island near a town for people don't know, uh uh, and it's just so expensive there. So I was just like everything's gonna be really expensive. It wasn't super.
Speaker 2: Bad, so that was fun. And then it just to add up, you know, when you're on like a seven day cruise, you know, and you're drinking all day, especially like on the c days, add up on you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like we went to the restaurant and got like a bottle of wine that we split together that was like twenty bucks, which is you know, totally fine for wine. Yeah, so actually I like a restaurant essentially. But yeah, we had a blast. I mean, like I said, I'm the only thing I It was kind of one of those things that was like you had to do the activities, which I don't know, I just feel like kind.
Speaker 2: Of boxed in.
Speaker 3: It was like you have to do this, and I was like, Okay, what if I would do something else? They're like too bad where I'm sure there's like other cruises that maybe like a different I did go to the nightclub at one point, uh, and I was the only white boy dancing, which I usually am. Yeah, was the only not only was that the only white boy dancing, I was the only person dancing.
Speaker 2: But the music was not a surprise.
Speaker 3: There was like tons of people there They're all around the dance floor and the music was amazing, and I'm just like, so I'm dancing off to the side because I'm just like, you know, no one's dancing. I didn't want to be like front and center, you know, with everything, but I'm like, I'm loving this music, so I'm just dancing having a good time. This couple came out to me like you need to get out there, and I'm like, I know, but like I don't want to feel like an idiot and to be stared at. I'm not here here to show anybody up. I'm just dancing, just enjoying this music and dancing.
Speaker 2: So I'm just danced off the side.
Speaker 3: And then uh, I just I drank enough drinks, so I was like, oh, what screare these people if they're gonna be boring, and they can stay boring, and I just like went on out there and I started dancing, having blasty and then uh yeah, so it was it was super fun, but uh but yeah, we were just we were just kind of doing all that and the next day people were like.
Speaker 2: Ah, you made it out.
Speaker 3: We're like you were awesome last day whatever, just doing.
Speaker 2: That whole thing. But uh yeah, we had really good time.
Speaker 3: I met this lady who was like on the on the uh what was it the deck or no, she was coming down the elevator with us, and then she like went through this whole thing. She was like, yeah, I came here alone.
Speaker 2: She's like I didn't know.
Speaker 3: She's like I was supposed to come ober somebody, but I got heartbroken this whole thing, and uh so I came.
Speaker 2: I came on the trip alone.
Speaker 3: She's like, I got a bunch of text when I was here. When I got to Mexico that were like, mom, where are you? And apparently like she never told her kids she was going to Mexico. No, like it's been like five days, where are you? And she's like, I'm in Mexico. They're like, oh, they thought she was dead.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, oh my gosh. Yeah, that'd be scary. You guys had some good weather.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, I was. I mean obviously there's like the best. It was the best weather, like the whole time, just like hot and well hot as you need to be cool at night, you know. Uh, Mexico was just like human as hell, but in a good way. We went snorkeling, not long enough. Everything's just like really quick. It was like, let's go get let's go to a chocolate tour. All right, that's over, go to the good Tuila tour. No, that's over. All right, We're going snorkeling. And I was like, oh, it's really cool. Like it was crazy going storkly because we went out and it was just like immediately fish Like I just assumed like I'd put it, put my goggles down and like swim out a bunch and there'd be like fish there. Literally like we're still in stand water and I put my goggles underwater and it's just like fish.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, no.
Speaker 3: Pun intended, but like literally just like on the shore. And I was just like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was. It was super cool.
Speaker 3: But pretty much like we went out and they're like, all right, come on back, what you mean all right? So uh but yeah, it was. It was really cool. We had a good time, and then we got back to Tampa and just like went in the went in the beach again for like one last day because we had our flight was like three in the morning. So yeah, I'm kind of God of Dragon today, not dragon, just like I feel I feel like I just want to. Even though it's a little hot today in Ohio. Surprisingly enough, I am just kind of like in sweatpants mood, just like a I could just sit here and rot forever.
Speaker 2: So it was like as soon as you guys left, the weather got nice here and it's been.
Speaker 3: Nice, warm and very upset, very up that I came back, my lawn was like the longest ever. It's like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually got some nutrients.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what have been up to.
Speaker 2: What's what's your week? Like, not much went on this week. I went up to to college visit my daughter last weekend, and uh then just kind of got back and getting ready most mostly for for next weekend. You know next weekends are our big big Foot conference slash this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just put in for the day that we take We take off on Friday, so uh it'll be hopefully very very cool, hopefully meet a bunch of cool people that we can then go worse and being on our podcast, somebody tells the story, like, no worry.
Speaker 2: We'll be like, we already know your story to us three years ago, but could you tell it again on the podcast? Yeah? You do?
Speaker 3: You want to just like hang out for an hour and kick it. So, yeah, that's I'm very but that we dragged a couple other We just have one extra person right this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's never been there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so our friend Matt's come in and we'll get to introduce some of all the fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, what's up octopus?
Speaker 3: No friends haven't seen you one that's a buddy. Uh, see you in the chat. But yeah, it should be really fun. I mean we get to be along usually.
Speaker 2: It became after what three years now it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty much just us hanging out with our friends. So it's less of the stories and more of the like, oh hey, it's you again, which is honestly my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just catch it up with you know, some friends we see once a year and you know, they got they got good speakers this year. And the flea market's always fun. It's always interesting stuff with that. Yeah, I do trus in the all the festivities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we always generate some stories and you know, hopefully just a pick up a few few friends along the way, a few stragglers that happen to get into my my gaze and I'm like, come here, let me talk about science.
Speaker 2: Uh. Well, that's what we got. We got two doctors this time. We got doctor Meldrum from Oahos State University, who he's on all the shows everybody knows, doctor Melton, and then doctor Esteban uh Serremento, who was there last year. I don't know if he was just an MC or if he he uh just I can't remember why. He wasn't scheduled to be there that I know of, but he just was there anyway. But he was fun to talk to, you know, and uh, but he was like people's name. He was doctor Esteban. He's a he worked at like the American Museum of History, and he's a studies like skeletons of hominoids and things like that. Yeah, yeah, I remember that. It's uh like anthro anthropology, biology, that kind of stuff. But he was down. He went on the hike with us and was kind of around. But I don't I don't remember if he actually spoke or not. But yeah, yeah, I think he ran you know the fire too, right, Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: The fireside chat and stuff that was really fun. Yeah, I got to meet I got to meet him when I was hanging out with Doug because he was out by Doug, and then he was sitting across and then he Doug ended up being like, oh, get us all around the beers, you want something. I was like, yeah, I think it's before even new Doug. I was just literally sitting next to him, and he offered me appear, and I was like, this guy's cool. Little did I know it's working for him a little bit? Yeah, but yeah, so uh yeah he was. He was really nice, seemed like he had some stories.
Speaker 2: Then Cliff and Renee from Finding Bigfoot will be there and oh, yeah, you know from a Small Town Monsters, he's going to be there, and yeah, that's the guy looks like looks like motorhead guy. Right, No, No, that's he's he's a guest. I'm the small Time Monsters.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, I'm terrible names. You could have mixed all those names up and.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah you're yeah, you're you're thinking of Lyle Blackburn and oh yeah, yeah he's fun too. But yeah he's uh, he is a writer and stuff. So he writes a lot of the books and he does a lot of the narration for them on some of their movies. So he's always been the small town monsters stuff. But yeah, it'll be cool. It lots of fun and then well what the good You know, Matt's reaction is he's not necessarily a believer. He's he's more on the fence with everything, and it'll be interesting to see his opinion on things, and you know, after he gets you know, drops some knowledge on him, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, we'll see what's up, drop some knowledge out.
Speaker 2: Listen, you gotta talk to this guy.
Speaker 3: We'll get We'll give everybody the fresh meat scenario and be like, listen, he's never heard your story, tell it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when the good stuff starts happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that's gonna be fun. The last I.
Speaker 2: Saw the weather, the weather is supposed to be real nice too, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think we've been there when it has. It hasn't ever been like bad. It's always been like at least decent, So uh yeah, I'm hoping that trend continues. I think it was a little rainy last year, but like never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was always like it happened like the day and it was like we were already inside it already anyway, so it never mattered. So hopefuy, we'll get to music a couple of people and then maybe we'll have a little more cloud this year to maybe interfere with some more like, uh, maybe we go with the dinner. Isn't there like a whole thing with the dinner. I feel like we were like, let's not going to dinner because.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, there's a dinner Friday night. That's that you had you buy a ticket for. But we didn't get that because we are still debating about it, and we still are whether or not we're going to try to do the podcast from there or if Yeah, it'd be nice to do it live from there, but we're not really sure about the internet connection and things like that because we're in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, I don't want to be like live and five. You're like sorry, guys, like the internet sucks.
Speaker 3: We'll catch you next week.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it would be like, like trying to upload like a a podcast like last minute, like that would be yeah, because it already takes a while from my internet like to upload the podcast.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine it would be. It would be better out there. I'd be like running. I guess everybody else, we'll find out if it worked or not. If if we're live next week, you'll know it works.
Speaker 3: If we're live next week, it all worked out.
Speaker 2: If we're If we're not live.
Speaker 3: Next week on YouTube, you know that. You know that we were like, I don't know that was working. Yeah, if there's no show, you know, everything fell apart.
Speaker 2: And then we'll do a recap the following week. But yeah, yeah, I think it'll be it'd be fun to try to try to go live there. Maybe you can pull on a couple of guests or something. Yeah, everybody would be coming in, you know, around dinner time on Friday.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Yeah, and we can get like a we can get like a rolling mic where people just like come in six hours.
Speaker 2: Show I don't know, yeah, like could you tell me your story real quick? Stick the mic in their face as they're walking in to check into the line.
Speaker 3: Actually that we've got a cool to have a walking podcast. Just get like a freakin' uh P, like a GoPro like connected to a microphone and just like walk around interviewing people.
Speaker 2: It's like a shaky leg.
Speaker 3: People are like, this is like Blair Witch the Weird Stories, because the thing's going all haywire and great. Yeah, I'm excited to see our friends. April and uh, her wife is always fun running to her. We just like vibe so well, she's just super super cool and you know, ever since we first met them, we were just like, well, you know, I don't know what to do. I was also on one that night, just like straight up just like ripping bangers for like an hour. She's like, I haven't spoken at all, Like you just like are like killing me right now.
Speaker 2: Like then You're like, well, I can carry on a conversation with myself listen, I just need an audience.
Speaker 3: The fact that you're here is neither here nor there. Yeah, like just like just in conversation rip mode. Like I alwould say, like the end of this podcast, I'm like, I feel like it just got I'm just getting started. Like I really this thing's really kind of popping off now. But we've like shows after this and stuff that I do want to interfere with. The one thing I did tell people about my kids about. So we're driving through Mexico or you know, Casamel, which is still Mexico, I guess. But we're driving through the island getting to the Mayan ruins and at the excursion and just like the places just hit I mean like for you know, either from hurricanes or just extreme pobvery and all that stuff. But I just like looked over I just like I just want you guys know that, like do you see this. I was like, you know, when I say be appreciative of the things that you have, I was just like, these kids don't have switches.
Speaker 2: You know, there's no Nintendos here.
Speaker 3: This is you know, like this is like a different world and you need to know that when you say like, oh, something's bad, you know, like that's like just something I kind of like kept thinking about. I was like, oh, you know, because I mean there's just like a building that looks like a bombshell bomb hit it, and they're just like hanging clothes there. You know, it's like somebody obviously lives there. And that was like a lot of the place. Actually, the restaurant we went to, uh, it looked just like completely dilapidated. I was like, where, surely where we're going? Where are we going? Cause it just looked like a junk yard. And we walk inside and it's like nice, you know, You're like, oh, it's.
Speaker 2: It's like a big hut. You know, it looks like cool.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, this is like really really nice inside. I was you would have from the road, I would have never thought that this was the inside looked like. So it has that whole like I don't know, doctor who's setting. We were like, You're like, wow, it's expansive and amazing. It's always interesting when you travel to places like that.
Speaker 2: You know, it really gives your perspective on how differently we live than than they do. And you know, the things were like, we can't live without this. So then you see these people and it's like, well, look at them. They literally are doing that every day and every single day. And you know, here we're, you know, complaining about stupid stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like oh my gosh, gotta get a haircut today, and after that, I gotta gotta go to the pharmacy.
Speaker 2: And then oh man, something little.
Speaker 3: You know, my phone stopped working for five seconds, just like this guy's just like looking at the roof that is not there, and he's like, well that sounds sounds like caving a bad day. Yeah, ah, those first world problems.
Speaker 2: You have to remember that.
Speaker 3: You have to always kind of remind yourself that first world problems are like sincerely like not an issue. Whatever you're worried about, there is somebody. And obviously, like everybody lives in their own little like world of like their trauma, and they're like, you know, like what you go through is all you know and nless you you know, like like your wife, who's who's a social worker who literally has seen the worst of it. You know, you know, to you have to kind of remind yourself of that. But like you know, people like me and you, we don't see that kind of aggressive trauma every day. You know, you see it more than I do because you're you're insurance and stuff. So, uh, it's just one of those things where you have to kind of like remind yourself like, oh yeah, things can be bad.
Speaker 2: It's like when we think as bad as not bad. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: A little shout out to money Mic, what's going on in the comments? Yeah, but uh yeah, I don't know it's so all that say. Uh, I did go to the mine rooms this weekend and we had talked about maybe talking about the my mane culture and you know, maybe the things that are surrounded on.
Speaker 2: It, upon it and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I like to lead into this by saying, uh, mine culture is very very cool.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 3: In no disrespect do I have for any of the things that we will kind of theorize them this. So I do think there's a lot of things that we are capable of human beings. So we're just going on a little thought experiment and ideas that are kind of being thrown around the mind. Lone culture was just absolutely amazing, and it's just completely decimated. It doesn't really exist anymore except through like stories and you know, like even the guy who was our tour guide, he was a he was an ancestor of the Mayans, and he was just talking about that and just kind of being like, you know, my grandma knew that language, and she like, I know it sort of, but like it's gonna die soon because like the youth aren't really you know, trying to keep that culture as much as like the culture before that, And you know, there's always gonna be somebody who maybe we'll just keep you know, pass the torch and keep that kind of sacred and hopefully we have enough you know, educational retention where people can go like, oh, I've actually cataloged a lot of this we still have that information, but it'd be really sad to see that go, regardless about statements and.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Sou And Actually the one guy said on the trip, it was really sad because the place we went to it was ruined, so like there wasn't a lot of structures that were like fully there anymore, but the ones that were there were dynamited out because they were like trying to find gold. They were just like, there's obviously gold under here, so like why would they build these big structures if there wasn't a treasure so they would dynamite him and nothing, Just like, oh my gosh, you just like wrecked all this history just to find some money.
Speaker 2: Like oh so gross. Yeah, were you seeing oh good? I was gonna say, were you exclusively on Cosameo or did you go to the mainland or I wish.
Speaker 3: I would have went to the mainland because it was really the guy who was giving the tour was it was really interesting on some cute dogs. There was two dogs there. There were the laziest dogs I've ever seen in my life, and I was just like, originally like I was like, is that dog dead? Because he was just sleeping so lovingly, and I was just like, that dog has surely died of heat stroke. And like I looked at his breath and then he was it was raising and lowering, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, Okay, he's just super chill.
Speaker 3: I just I'm used to a dog that like isn't reacting to people like that much because they're just there's no collars, you know, they're just kind of they can wander. I don't know if they were strays or there's kind of like pets to the to the thing whatever.
Speaker 2: There was actually two people.
Speaker 3: That were in our in our group, and they were looking over and there was like, is is that is this is that someone's dog? Should we should we talk to somebody? Should well? And I had to be like, hey, no, no, no, they're they're straight dogs. They're they're allowed to be here. They know they're here, They're allowed to wander. It's fine, like but they didn't have a concept of like dogs like that that just kind of yeah, they're literally like sleeping on the steps, you know, like just just that entire space is there there there home, so uh, but it was really funny just the way they're like, you know, we which I'm very sad that I didn't get the coke from there, apparently not coke, coca cola, because apparently it tastes different and I didn't know that, and we were just so dehydrated it was so hot that day. And then I we just kind of did our trip. We gatorades and left and then the one guy was one guy was like, oh, you didn't get the coca cola.
Speaker 2: I'm like no.
Speaker 3: He was like, Oh, it's so good there because they make it with like the real like stuff. It's not like sugar is like an American.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my gosh. I was like, I'm so sad. So we just had an opportunity there.
Speaker 3: So it's just like just like you can get kit Cat bars in Canada and they taste different. We could have done like Mexico, but we lost an opportunity. But we did get some what was it some chocolate? Uh, tequila?
Speaker 2: Like what was it? Espresso tequila? I guess.
Speaker 3: And that guy was the best salesman, just a big burly man who's just like yes, He's like, this is the agave plant and do whatever, and he would like do the taste test. Just the kind of guy that you would want selling you something that like makes you hungry. He's just like, here, I made you just spaghetti and.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know, like it was a hardy man. And I remember he was given the sample shots out of my son's next to me and he's just like, you cannot have this. Do you have mustachio And he's like, grow the sime, she will come back whatever.
Speaker 2: So it was really cute, just like the way they kind of sell that it was. It was. It was very cool.
Speaker 3: But we did like five shots of tequila. I was just like and then they said it snorkeling. I was like, great, five shots of tequila going to the ocean, perfect perfect activity to follow that. But yeah, it was. It was fantastic. You know, tequila is aggressive if you have it here, and that stuff was only smooth and amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Which when you see pesos, they only do everything in pesos on the receipts, and you see like seventy thousand pesos on.
Speaker 2: The receipt you're like, oh my god. Then you're like.
Speaker 3: The transfer gotta because the bottel we got was like seventy dollars and it said like just like six thousand pesos and.
Speaker 2: I was just like, we go on but it worked out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know, fun times all around had We had a good time. So all I have to say I did you know, Like I said, we want to talk a.
Speaker 2: Little bit about the mines today.
Speaker 3: You know, we play this before the trip, so be fresh in our mind, fresh in my mind about what I just visited. Have you ever visited, by the way, any of those.
Speaker 2: I No, I've been down to Mexico and we were in one of the other islands off of Cosmo, kind of between Cosmo and Cancu, and it was like a Plia the Farment or something. We were at one of our cruises that we went on. But that's the only time I've been been in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the big thing that I got for at least when the tour was it was really cool. But it's very mathematical, like the whole thing. You know, obviously we've all heard about the mind calendar and stuff like that, but even without that, like the way they kind of did their structures has like a like everything has like a meaning to it, even just from the steps alone are Our guide was telling us about the the steps that go up like you can't go out them like regular steps. You would have to go up them because they're kind of positioned like ramps like like like this, so you actually walk them like this, and then when you leave, you walk them the same way. So at no point are you is your back facing the uh the would be the tribesmen or the not what is what's the shaman? So at no point would that would your back be facing that them? And uh, it's also like a serpent and that was like a big part of their uh, their whole thing. And but it was like the moon and the sun, and it seemed.
Speaker 2: Like the moon was like a bigger entity.
Speaker 3: To them than the sun was really uh as far as like the way he was explaining it and things just like the the fertility and stuff like that, it was a lot of it was like fertility based and he was just like, we.
Speaker 2: Don't do sacrifices.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a thing.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, we did do a lot.
Speaker 3: Of There was a lot of like, uh was it He's like celebration of life and death and uh, he was just like the death, the marriage, you know, stuff like that. I don't know, it's a lot of jokes, but it was really cool and just like it's so funny to hear like them talk about how there was just a place that someone owned like a long time ago, like and like before they became like a tourist attraction, it was just like a ranch.
Speaker 2: And then the guy whould like dug him up and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, this is just cool rocks that are on my in my place and he just like is on a tourist attraction now it'd be like the Great Wall of China and she's like, yeah, that's just my this is just my fence.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they ended up selling it to back to the Mexican government and then you know, they took it over and now they take care of it, and there was like an irony between like the Mexicans and Mexican government came in and kind of decimated the place with all the stuff they did, and now they're like the exclusive like protectors of it. Obviously for specifically where we went, it's the only like that's certainly export is tourism. Like they are an island, so they don't have they have no growing soil, so they they there's just nothing to make everything to make is kind of brought in. So, like he was just talking, he was like, you guys are He didn't say the product, but like he's like, you're the product that we count on. He's like, we've seen if you've seen tobody driving around with like guns and stuff, that's for you guys, not for us. Yeah, to make sure you guys are safe. So he's like, you'll be safe anywhere you go. I'm like, all right, I believe you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it.
Speaker 2: Did. The Buyans used to travel there in it was like a holy place for fertility and things like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so pretty much. It was like almost like a it's like a rite of passage for any female to go there and we h, I think you like give it offerings and it brought it back to you. So like that was the main kind of it seemed like the source of I mean, we don't really know right like like what they really really like the big temples, but they do know that they faced like directly to the stars, like specific stars back then if you kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sky moves, but if you.
Speaker 3: Like astrology or whatever, we'll like line that up and see exactly what hit that, so you know which then leads to why a lot of people think that these things are more than you know, just like we talked about the Pyramids a couple of weeks ago, like that, you know, for millions of years, we thought that these things had a specific you know thing about them, and then all of a sudden we find out there's like huge pillars underneath them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's like a like, well, these aren't just this, what are they?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: We and like I said, like this stuff is kind of lost to history, so I don't really know like specifically what they were for. We can make a lot of educated guesses and talk to a lot of people like from that time, you know, like, uh, what is it? Stories throughout history, we have a lot of their like old art that we kind of dug through, you know, their old stone carvings and kind of what is it reverse.
Speaker 2: Engineering their their language?
Speaker 3: I mean like, oh, this meant this, This meant this.
Speaker 2: Because they had it, because they had the hieroglyphics the minds, didn't they That's what thought. Yeah, And I mean when my own culture was at its peak was the exact time that we were in the Dark Ages in Europe, you know, so like when that was happening. They were like they were in the mud, and these people are just like doing god math, you know, so like just.
Speaker 3: The correlation of that is just like insane. So that's you know, that's where these theories start to start to build up. It's like, well, if you have like this crazy just kind of understanding of the stars and everything, It's like, how do you have that when you know on the other end of that, it's just like so different. So that's where these like kind of things kind of lead into it with a lot of different other elements. It's like the architecture of the at least the one I ran into today.
Speaker 2: The architecture of the steps.
Speaker 3: They the corners make this like exact like nine steps up and I think, what is it nine nine something to heaven. It's like nine steps to heaven or something like that. But yeah, I mean there's a lot of stuff. I'm gonna get all this wrong. I just well, you know, so do your own you know, like following up at all this. But there's I'm just kind of building enough of what I was just last listening to and kind of absorbing some stuff and also the tour that I just went on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Just and there's a what is it, there's a sculpture, Oh, a god that they have.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna try to pronounce it because I always get it wrong and it made me feel stupid.
Speaker 3: But basically, he looks like he's on a rocket ship. If you if you go in there with the idea that this is a rocket ship, it looks like that's what he's doing.
Speaker 2: He's like sitting on something.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean you can kind of think of it as like, you know, whatever, like a I don't know, like a like a rock.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else would you say that is.
Speaker 3: Though, Like it looks like a tube sort of like a rocket, and it looks like he's got his hand on like a gear shift or something.
Speaker 2: And I mean it looks like if you were to picture like an ancient mind astronaut in in a sitting in a rocket ship getting ready to take off, that's what it looks like, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's there's just so much to it.
Speaker 2: And then so.
Speaker 3: Without any thought of what what that is with their eyes, you know, because back then they would have known what that was like trying to interpret that, they would always think that would be a god you know, like no matter what. So the other thing is that like you always kind of hear about aliens kind of doing that like will come with the culture that you understand, kind of like that masking of like you know, if you understand that a human is supposed to look this way, we'll make it look that way for you. So like maybe some of those ideas, it's like we understand that you guys have gods already, so like we're going to make ourselves look like that. So it isn't it as like so we can give it you a structure to live in. So I just thought that that idea it was like kind of fun to play with. But yeah, so like this guy just basically piling a spaceship and then he kind of passes that knowledge down to him because I mean, listen, I don't understand how anybody he figures out math in general. So like it's always a little more exploding for men.
Speaker 2: Why a couple of you did that?
Speaker 3: Uh but uh, you know, like astrophysicists or anything like that. So they could just they could have just had just as easily just had like their own uh Stephen hawkings that are just there, uh you know, figuring it all out and be like, yeah, it was just if you build a building this way, it'll it aligns with the stars. And I figured it out because I have all these tools and stuff like that, you know, and.
Speaker 2: They had nothing but time back then.
Speaker 3: You have to remember that everyone had nothing but time back they're just burning daylight.
Speaker 2: And they're like.
Speaker 3: If if as long as you get the food situation figured out, it's all it's all open road for your thought. So if they if you give the smartest guy in your village constant, like just ability to go forward with his thoughts and ideas, he could probably make something spectacular and figure out this like essential what the what's.
Speaker 2: The their their clock is their name for their clock?
Speaker 3: I just I heard it called the long count or the their calear cycles, the.
Speaker 2: Long calendar, the short calendar. I think they have two different ones whatever, but uh yeah, yeah, it's just crazy how many parallels there are between like the Mayan culture in you know, Egypt and in the Pyramids and just kind of what's you know in mainland Mexico and Itza and you know, I'd love to go to that big complex there like that you really cool to go to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the girl I worked with said that she was able to climate a long time ago.
Speaker 2: When she went I was like, I'm so drugs.
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah, yeah, they you can't do it anymore forevius reasons. I'm sure that was like over time that would just be like not even there because it would just crumble away. But yeah, so the their calendar cycles on a five hundred and or five years and that's where the whole scare in twenty twelve was like, well their calendar ends then, so what happens then? You know without you know, so but if we're you're gonna put our hats on there. That was that was the thought was that that's the middle of the universe, which isn't the thing, but like the center of the universe would basically start expanding out word and suck everything in or you know, really nobody knew what was gonna happen, but there was like I remember there being like a like a twenty twelve whole thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a whole movie about it with Jock. So I mean, maybe maybe the world did end in world just living in the matrix now, oh man, maybe maybe we just didn't even notice that the world did end.
Speaker 3: You know, dude, if if the world didn't and I'm still paying bills, I'm gonna be so much if I'm still like so my my my student loans are still due.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, some kind of starship Like yeah, I remember back in you know, leading up to twenty twelve, and it was like, you know, everything seemed legit. You know, it wasn't so much like when you hear the stories about some crazy, crazy, you know, religious guy predicting the end of the end of days, you know, and he's like, yeah, it's gonna happen on Tuesday, May fifth or whatever, you know, and you're like, all right, this guy says that it's gonna be Yeah, then it doesn't. I mean, we just assumed that that mayan calendar. You know. They never said, hey, the world's gonna end at the end of our calendar. Yeah, that was just the end of that calendar. You know. Yeah, scover does whatever their their thing was, you know. So it's like we were like, well, what happens next? You know, we kind of you know made that calculation. You know, as humans, there was you know, modern humans that uh that something bad was gonna happen at that point, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean, there's there's no other fun thought than have it like finding out that like or just trying to like what is that idea? Hunt about like how the world in some capacity end. It's the reason why movies like Independence Day are really cool. Uh, you know, movies like twenty twelve are really cool. It's it's fun to watch that kind of stuff kind of you know, like thematically happen. You're just like, oh, that'd be really really crazy, right, and then again you would have to pay bills and that'd be really fun. So I mean, like every couple of years we get kind of fed the world will end storyline about from either some group or you know this thing or you know, an asteroid that's coming towards Earth. Actually, a fun thing I didn't actually know about was the spot that the asteroid hit killed all the dinosaurs was actually a couple of miles or is in the same area as the like Big Temple Ones temples, the Mayan temples, And there there was some thought about, like, you know, is there a correlation between that was that the eyes of the universe would like, hey, we just decimated the entire planet or whatever. I don't know how that all works.
Speaker 2: But obviously I don't know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's actually like a what would seem like a dinosaur in one of their paintings, like just sitting there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I do not I do not subscribe to dinistas still being alive at any point, Like really I would love that. Yeah that sounds super rad, don't get me wrong. But like the dinosaur museum, that's like in h was it? It was right next do we had that bachelor party and uh Tennessee right.
Speaker 1: Oh the no, Yeah, it was like yeah, confused, Sorry, I can.
Speaker 2: Never remember where we went.
Speaker 3: Whatever is right over the border, but yeah, so uh but yeah, so they were just like is there something there with that? And that that was a fun little thing because I mean, listen, it won't be monster soup unless we don't mention dinosaurs at least once. So for those playing at home, drink Oh, by the way, speak, I'm gonna go back. So so is d ice cream on the cruise and uh best part of the cruise. My daughter had about five hundred ice creams. I think she paid for the trip single handedly. We got her money back for ice cream alone.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Somewhere there's like a like a cruise person just like, wait did the ice cream go?
Speaker 2: But but it was the end of the night.
Speaker 3: So it was gonna be the last one. And then uh so we're in the elevator. All of a sudden, two kids come into the elevator, both of ice creams with their parents, and I was like, one more for the ditch, and they looked at me like weirdo, and I was like, ah whatever, and then I I kind of just like get back to the room and I was like, oh wait, that doesn't mean anything to anybody. One more for the ditch. I was like, that is just the thing that we say, that is like an outside thing. And I was just like, oh they because they looked at me like a weirdo, They're like, what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Like one more for the ditch.
Speaker 3: I was just like, Oh no, that's it's not that's not a public thing for everybody. It's philibrady and one more for the ditch or something that what Joe's dad did, your friend your friend Jones.
Speaker 2: It was his his his saying was at the bar, you know, it was time to go. He was like, We'll have one more for the ditch. You know. It was basically like a joke, like your car ended up in the ditch because you were drunk driving. So it was it was a joke that it was like something we actually did. But yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll have one more for the ditch. It was a joke and.
Speaker 3: Yah the gala that. Yeah, so we always use it for like we're hanging out in the pool and it's like one more drink and uh, we're just like one for the ditch. And then yeah I said that for children's ice cream and they didn't understand.
Speaker 2: Sorry context, I wish he was.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I was looking at Joanne's comment and the thing it said, uh, you know better ex father in law about cases of spam when the world didn't end, he gave us. He gave us, uh, which you did not eat. I've heard spam is really good, by the way, uh, if you cook it right. So I've heard. I've heard people. The one girl I uh work with, she said that she gave she was given a bunch of spam when she was living in Hawaii for like a year, and she was like, actually pretty good if you know how to use it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I've never had it in my life.
Speaker 3: Just canned meats, aren't my gym. Uh yeah, so it's always good to prep I guess a little bit.
Speaker 2: It doesn't go bad, right. I don't really know the shelf life on spam.
Speaker 3: But I never what is it? What did you do during speaking of like the end of time stuff? Uh? You know, what did you do during Y two K? Like?
Speaker 2: Where were you at? What are you doing? The actual night of Like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, like em mid night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were at a A whole bunch of our friends used to always go to your eve to like a hotel party where they give you like dinner and it was like you have dinner and dancing and you spend the night of the hotel kind of thing. So we had been done it every year for a handful of years. So we went and we're just like, well if it, if it goes down, we're all going down together at the party and uh it Obviously nothing happened, and we we got to the hotel. We were able to check in it like you're like one or two o'clock or whatever, and then you know, we're watching on the TV and as as the day was going on, you know, we're it starts off, you know, oh here it's new Year's in Australia, then China and you know, all the Russia, all these other places, and it was like, well, nothing's happening for them, you know, and like are weso self centered to think, oh, well, y two k, it's gonna happen just you know, but it hits the Eastern Time. But nobody else is having any problems. You know. Everybody was worried about you know, the news going off and everything. And once it was New Year's in Russia and their nukes didn't go off, it was like, nothing's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But uh so by the time we went to dinner and stuff like that, like we were sure nothing was going to happen. But I do the one thing I do remember that evening they had a band playing, and uh every other year they had like DJ who played local, awesome music, and this time it was like a bunch of old guys in like kind of a pseudo jazz kind of band. And then you know, we're getting through the like the end of the night, and it was fine. They were playing you know, some some classics and stuff, and you know, we're drinking and having fun, but we're like it's New year's nineteen ninety nine and the only song we want to hear is Prince Is nineteen ninety nine. I've waited my whole damn life for this. They don't know.
Speaker 3: It, Oh my god, to hear it.
Speaker 2: I was like, I've waited since nineteen eighty two. Yeah, nineteen ninety nine, turn that on. Yeah, I'm like it, can we stop with the you know, old timey you know, stop playing the Charleston and let's hear some Prince you know. I was so disappointed.
Speaker 3: I was heavily disappointed about how much I didn't hear that song that year. I was like, I thought it would just be on a loop, like every hour, playing this song until you're sick of it. And then that year came out and it was just like played a smattering of times, like I didn't like. I just thought that we were all we all we all knew the assignment, and apparently nobody got my notes like yeah, like, okay, I guess we're not playing the song every hour.
Speaker 2: Songs a band that's still Scott. Scott posted in the chat that he was at the Metallica show in Detroit on New Year's and then I ended up the next day we went to the Metallica show in Cleveland. So Scott said, Metallica two nights in the road to ring in two k good, not a bad thing at all. That would be fun. Yeah, it's like rocking out. Uh yeah, I went to Yeah. Yeah, he just posted. He just got into the chat. He was like, hey everyone, it was great. And then I knew just day Brian and I saw him Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just double it up.
Speaker 2: Detroit accident but uh was it?
Speaker 3: Uh, never mind this story stupid. I was in a New Orleans. I went I we'd never been there. I drove one hundred and twenty miles per hour all the way down because it's mill of the night. It was just me and truckers going like as fast as we.
Speaker 2: Could, driving like an old car too.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised, like thinking back, like why this car didn't explode is beyond me. I think it's just one of those like old timey cars, just like, don't do that. You do that to a to a, to a Nissan. That thing's exploding.
Speaker 2: This thing which just.
Speaker 3: Like I got you don't worry about it. It's like an old aunt that's like got a cigarette. It's like, but it's like half hanging off, like I got you money, don't worry about it, Like she flew all the way down and uh, you know, we got there. We got there in twelve hours for a while, so fast.
Speaker 2: But uh, I don't know if that's like, so, did you go down there just to say, hey, I was in New Orleans for New Year's White or was there a reason why those It.
Speaker 3: Was one of those things that you can only do when you're younger, which is just like, hey, we should do something.
Speaker 2: Let's go to New Orleans, like you know what you do to just go? Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like literally it was like I think like five o'clock or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what time it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I'm giving a time because I don't know what time it was.
Speaker 2: I just remember being like, do you.
Speaker 3: Want to do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds cool, we should do that.
Speaker 3: And then it was me and my sister, my mom and our friend and then she had a baby at the time.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't make me feel good, but the fact I.
Speaker 3: Was going on her twenty now, but listen, you're young, and I wasn't thinking about it. We were going so fast we got there and uh, just my mom went to the hotel room and hung out, and then we went out, me and my sister and our friend, and I remember she got one of those incredible Hulk drinks with like just every alcohol you can imagine, and she just like blacked out, and I'm like walking her like three miles and like this is before like you have a phone that knows where you're going, and I remember just being like, I don't know how to get to a hotel. We never even been to the hotel. My my mom went to the hotel and dropped everything off and we just knew the name of it. And I'm just like, oh, so like just so untethered to like everything that's happening. And I remember just like when the midnight happened, I was like, surely it's gonna go down, and then nothing. You're just kind of like, oh, we're still going, all right, let's party. So we just did that and then whatever. But uh, yeah, I don't know all that to say, like, and you know, end of days things are always just like super interesting and fun to kind of like play with and be like is this gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I've never prepped for anything.
Speaker 3: I just kind of go like listen, the cards will fallow as they may, and I'm you know, I love dystopian future stuff, and you know, I just hope to, you know, be able to stick to the shadows. I remember my wife actually said it was the time because I used to think a lot about the zombie apocalypse and like how fun that would be, and my wife being like, why would you like that you hate camping? Why would you like when you're only camping.
Speaker 2: Makes the valid point.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, you're right, She's like, and you're not like a good survivor, like you would probably you realize you would be one of the first waves dead. And I'm like, I didn't think this all the way through. Still think it'd be really fun, though, it's just like that untelly reality. I was kind of whenever I'm walking my dog, I think about end time stuff because I'm like, be really cool if I could just let him off let him off his leash. And that's like ninety nine percent of the reason why I think it'd be cool to be like in a dystopian future, because you could just kind of do that, like I am legend thing where he just like walks alongside me while we I walk with like a rifle picking off vampires in the in the shadows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's my main driving force for anything.
Speaker 3: Wait oh yeah, I know on miles power is really fast. The thing is, if you're going through mountains in America and that's the Eastern region, it's just it's just a lot of you can go really fast in those roads except in is it Kentucky, No, West Virginia. West Virginia is an absolute nightmare. All the roads are curved, every single one of them. I remember my wife is a really light sleeper. Every time I dray through it, she's just like, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, can't This road is unnavigable, Like every one of them is turning. I'm like I'm just oh yeah, And it's you know, you're on the highway, so like you're trying to keep speed, but then I have the I have my cruise control on it. It's just like I have to slow down. Like this is insane because you're always going around a mountain somehow. Uh you know, but but yeah, it's, uh it's possible. Just saying maybe don't do it, but it's it's very possible. I can't get speed somehow.
Speaker 2: Something that's a that's a young man's game. Yep. I know.
Speaker 3: Listen, everything you do should be done when you're young, and then when you're older you can think about how you should.
Speaker 2: Have been dead about one hundred and twenty eight times. I can't believe I did that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I jumped into water that I was unsure of what was at the bottom. And I can't believe I used to like just like climb on top of like volkswagons to get out of said water and not get like hepatitie just like while doing it, you know, you're just hanging from like rope swings over like rivers that were just rushing. You're just gonna like it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be sweet. And then you get pulled.
Speaker 3: Down like you know, six hundred like almost half a mile down the down the river, and then you just get out and you run back to the same spot you jump back in.
Speaker 2: You're like, ah, that's great, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like it's you're just like seconds away from getting javelined by some rogue rogue.
Speaker 2: Stick or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you're like, that's what we did.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, we didn't have the Internet and video games, so we were forced to, you know, go outside and use your imagination. But that's that's what we did.
Speaker 3: My imagination is mostly just like, all right, how can I die today? We played we'd played games like Manhunt, which I found out recently that not everybody knows who that game is. It's pretty much just tag with you're playing tag, but you play it with uh like sticks, sticks and rocks. You go into the woods and the way you tag people is with sticks and rocks. You basically play it's hide and go seek and tag at the same time. So you have to hit somebody with the rock and or stick and you trying not to get found. My one friend was really really good at it, to the point where he would be across the river staring at us, throwing rocks at us and like all right, and then we'd be looking for him and you couldn't see him. He was like like American sniper style, just like literally he was the tree and you trying to find him, and you get we both get hit by rocks, and I look across and he's just right there, like he wasn't even anywhere else.
Speaker 2: He was just there. It was like he was just really good at like blending in and playing that game. We played a similar game it was, but we just called it throw rocks at your friends in game a real strategy. It was just like pick up a rock, throw at your friends.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, try not to kill them.
Speaker 2: But you know, when you do hit them, then you you know, point and laugh and be little of them the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: And if you hit them really good, you run away and never talk about it again.
Speaker 2: You go. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was in I was in the woods with Jeff and he fell to Billy.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Then one day we played rocks.
Speaker 3: I never saw any All of a sudden, He's eating soup for the rest of his life. What happene You must have fell in the woods when I wasn't there, never.
Speaker 2: To be found. Oh god.
Speaker 3: I grew up in a yeah, I mean literally growing up in like a you know, a lake town. There was just nothing. I mean it's one of those things when you get older, you're like so peaceful, I love it, But when you're younger, you're just like, there's nothing a two here. Why would everybody starting at stubborn pis But then when you have kids, you're like, oh, I'll come back it's nice, and I still go back and the back what is it? The back Like there's like a porch in the back of one of our not porch, but like a screened in kind of area patio area that's a kind of tiny. It's got like picnic benches. And I just go back there and I just smell weed, and I'm like, welcome back. Like it's just it's one of those things. It's so nostalgic, like that smell plus my town. Like it's just like I immediately am reminded of like every fun thing that we've ever done growing up and just getting into trouble and doing all this stuff.
Speaker 2: And I just immediately walk in there and like Dave and I'm like, what are you guys doing there?
Speaker 3: Like you know, it's always just like doing the same thing they were doing twenty years ago kind of thing.
Speaker 2: We're just all grow up now we have kids.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know, it's just it's fun to see the people that you grew up with kind of like grow up in like away, but then also like kind of revisit that time. We're just kind of like, ah, man, this is this is good now, right, it's good we're all good, like, yeah, we're good.
Speaker 2: We made it.
Speaker 3: You know, you never know when you're a kid, you just you always think like, oh, I'm gonna die at twenty two or I don't know if everybody's thinking of that, but you know, I just like, I'll rip until I'm just in the ground, and then you know, you find different purposes and you go, oh, I mean I'll stick around a little longer, you know, and maybe I won't throw myself off ridge and trying to land into the water without checking it first.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: You like my one friend I wanted to go on with those rides where they like slingshot you in the near you know, like uh, you know, the tether or whatever, and it's really fun, and they he had a tree fall on him at random and it landed on his arm. But like, I mean, you know about the story, but like they don't. So it landed on his arm and just broke his shoulder. But that tree falling just a centimeter over because it clipped his ear, it bounced off his ear and hit him in his shoulder. I was like, dude, if you were sitting just a little bit over, that thing would have slammed in your head and like you we would be like you would be in just like a scooter right now, like you know, like immobile, because it was insane, like it literally came out of nowhere. No one had any time to react. It literally was just like we're sitting around a fire. All of a sudden there's a giant tree in the middle of the fire pit, you know, the fire circle, and and honestly, like it was one of those situations where he's like, we were trying to figure out who who's gonna sit where, and it could have easily been like, oh, I'll sit here, but I sat at the other chair and he sat the one chair, so it could have which switched the roles immediately. And I'm a little more Italian with my hand hand movement, so like I probably would have been like leaning over something stupid and just clipped my head.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's just one of those things where you're like, uh, it's uh.
Speaker 3: Well, all that to say, he was just like I asked him to go on one of those things and he was just like, yeah, I'm a little more like cautious about that stuff because I got three kids and I don't want to I don't want to leave them fatherless, So I don't really put myself in those situations at all anymore. He's like, obviously those things are tested.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to do it. But how do you get here?
Speaker 3: There's somebody sitting there, just like, wasn't this episode about Mayan Temple?
Speaker 2: Of course this week? Yeah said that my culture?
Speaker 3: Oh man, uh wait, hold on, I just want to read what Joanne said, jumped and.
Speaker 2: Missed and getting us submerged slick in that place? Wait, what's the submerged slick? What's that miss getting a submerged slick in a place you really don't want to? Okay? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Reading the chat, I'm sure this isn't translated, and I feel like it.
Speaker 2: I'm at home here. Yeah, Dave is full on adhd you never know where's Okay?
Speaker 3: She got a stick in a place she don't want to, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Sorry, So her things that she jumped at the creek and missed it and getting a submerged stick in a place you really don't want to. I was got a little caught up in the details, so I probably could have figured that out if I would have thought about it at all. Yeah, you don't you want to do that. I've luckily never landed on a stick in the water that I can remember.
Speaker 2: Maybe I blocked it out, so one in a million shots, I just happened to get the million.
Speaker 3: Uh uh. But yeah, so the mind temples, we'll get back to that. I mean, the whole idea of it, of everything you know here is really just saying that, like, you know, they had technology, but before they should have had it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know that we can think of, you know, the thing thing same thing goes for like how do you pronounce it is gob the tepe, go Betley teppe mm hmm, the ancient place that sounds like go Betley tepe. But it's probably the wrong saying.
Speaker 2: Uh, but you know that's right. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Basically, you know, like they found thing. They they were doing things that we hadn't even discovered yet, like hundreds of years before we even thought that we were capable of doing them. Like so our like timeline of like the way this stuff all worked is just like it's skewed and it's off because we just were like, oh I can do yeah, but like really it's like, oh no, we could have done it. It's just you know, maybe these things were kind of just like shooting around and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: The idea of that is really cool.
Speaker 3: And like I said, there could have just been a Stephen Hawkings that live in that thing.
Speaker 2: They just let them rip and war.
Speaker 3: You know, there's just there's a lot to like the cool stuff that we're capable of that you know, was either handed down to us or you know, by a higher source that you know, figure that out. Did you know some aliens come down just like give us some give us some math lessons real quick, and be like, listen, this is how it works.
Speaker 2: Here's the sun. If you put it here, it works out.
Speaker 3: Put some things. Maybe they kind of added all the like we're worshiping you kind of added to that. They add their own interpretation onto what just happened. But you know, I don't I don't know what the end game would have been there, because that that was a just like ripped away society. Like they don't even exist in any any form other than like you know, the stories they tell through the architecture. But yeah, there's just.
Speaker 2: And to think you know, the like the bulk of the society you know, went down when like Cortes came from Spain and just decimated them and then you know, spread like was it the beasles or something? They spread the European diseases on them and wiped most of them out until they all kind of just scattered. It was like, yeah, the whole you know, ancient culture was brought down by the Measles Spaniards, you know, who wanted some territory.
Speaker 3: I know, I wonder I was thinking about that while I was on the trip. I was just like, I wonder if they would have like let it alone, you know, and not done all that.
Speaker 2: But where is U? Like I kept saying, Beasles with smallpox, small poxes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they spread And I mean, just like the was it the folly of man of just us just being terrible people and coming in and like you know, just completely decimating an area and then trying to deal with that and being like what does that all mean for us?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, it's just like for history purposes alone, Like we're just like missing these chunks of history just because like of conquering and wanting to own a little more of the of the map. And I just wonder, like, you know, because I still think this is still something I still think about, like all the timers like I can't believe we still have war, Like why is war.
Speaker 2: Still a thing?
Speaker 3: Like we're in like a different age now, like we we don't have to do these things, like our maps aren't really changing a lot, like you know, they're kind of all staying about the same.
Speaker 2: Uh So at this point, like what are we? Like? What do we I don't know, It's it's.
Speaker 3: Still weird to me. I know it's a lot of it's resource based and stuff like that, but I don't know. I just feel like we're all if we figured out indoor plumbing, we can figure out Like I'm not each other anymore.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh my god, guys figure it out.
Speaker 3: But you know, and I'm not part of those those.
Speaker 2: Uh oh God, speaking of I saw.
Speaker 3: I don't even know I should bring this up as a ruined my day, which it should have if it didn't ruin my day.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to check my meter.
Speaker 3: But it was this just a video of Palestine and there was this little boy of some type of a roof.
Speaker 2: He's just covered in.
Speaker 3: Dust and blood and then it cuts to a U.
Speaker 2: It was so bad. It cuts to the reporter kind of talking about it.
Speaker 3: He's like across the way he's just kind of filming it and cut to like a baby that's.
Speaker 2: Just in half, and I was just like, oh god.
Speaker 3: I just like had to put my phone down because I was on TikTok and I knew the next one would be like a dog or something, and I was like, I can't that can't be, like I need to sit with us for a minute. So I literally put it down and it was just like staring at the wall. I was like, this is so terrible. And then I started reeling from that. I was like, oh my gosh, like, oh, like why do we still do this? And then you know, like just having this kind of like spiral of like you know, which I should have had, Like it was It's a it was a human emotion from that specific situation. So it's and just being like feeling so powerless and helpless and really not even.
Speaker 2: Like understanding the entire situation.
Speaker 3: I've kind of because I'm not I'm not as versed and like all that stuff. I've been very kind of back off about that stuff because I don't understand any of it, like Middle Eastern politics, just like I confuse the crap on me.
Speaker 2: And I'm I'm not in the position. But you know, tragedy when you see it, you know, when you'll see it baby laying there cut in half and a kid, you know that's just yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe doesn't know. You know, like, let those kids know. They're you know, they're everyone's grown. Like we were born here. The only reason why we're on this side is because we were born here. If we were born in Mexico, we were born like we would have that mental If we were born in Canada, we would have you know, we'd be eaten Tim Horton's and you know stuff like that. You know, it's just like we're all born in our situations. And you know that little kid didn't know. And I think my favorite piece of photography that makes me humble all the time is these kids. They're having a bath with their dad and they're smiling and happy. The backdrop of that is they're in a blown out building in a tub that's the only thing in the room. But I mean it's just rubble everywhere else. But they're just playing in the bubbles their dad made for them. And I'm just like, oh, like, we don't know tragedy, Like we I don't even know the concept if whatever trauma I have is like a it's a it's like the pale blue dot of seeing Earth from Saturn, you know, like from the rings of Saturn, that from the car. I can't think of his name right now, but yeah, it's it's that same idea of this, Like.
Speaker 2: Whatever I'm thinking is really really bad.
Speaker 3: These these kids have seen that and moved on and hopefully not gotten radicalized from it. But it's just it's so oppressive to like think that these things are going on and that we're still doing these things, that we're still trying to like conquer these lands or like just like put our mindsets into people that don't want it.
Speaker 2: Such an upsetting thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean to talk about this, but it just popped in my head, and like I didn't want to really because it just changes the vibe. But I feel like those vibes, you know, uncomfortable things are uncomfortable because they should be uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You should live in those moments.
Speaker 3: And it's really upsetting to see these things, especially when it comes to kids just who don't deserve it, who have no sides. They're just there and they have to choose the side with their body and their body is just I mean, it's rough. So don't seek that out if you don't want ruin your day, but do seek it out if you want to just like see where we're at as humanity and where we should where we should be is nothing that shouldn't have happened. None of that should happen. We should still have these histories that exists still. We shouldn't be trying to conquer things that are kind of established. It's an upsetting time to live in. Uh. Specifically now, when I'm able to kind of we're able to like live stream war, I think that's when we should stop doing war. Uh, you know, because because again we're all from the nation we're from, and our idea, ourdy allergies are built on those, so like we have to be able to see both sides of it and understand come to a middle point to be like, hey, like there's a disagreement here, but let's let's let cooler heads reside here and go like, hey, like this is where we're putting. Obviously, you gotta there's some bad things that happen in different cultures that we kind of kind of put that put it into that and be like, hey, you know we're all like humanitarian efforts and doing all that stuff, uh it while also respecting uh you know, religion and like where everyone's coming from and things like that.
Speaker 2: It's it's just a it's a weird time. I don't know. Yeah, it's just it's sad all the way around.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We should be above that kind of stuff. Yeah, but we're not.
Speaker 3: Don't know fred place to end.
Speaker 2: But now that we brought the whole mode down, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that everybody. But you know, like I said, sometimes you got to live in a couple of moment to to understand the weight of it all. But uh, you know, just make a difference where you can really, I you know, like like I was saying, I I wasn't absorbed with that information because I can't do anything about it because I'm not over there and I'm not in that world. But you can make You can make differences at your home, you know, your hometown getting politics as you can locally. If you find I got this guy posted something like about something. I was like, dude, you know you can just run for office, right, Like that's the thing you could just do. Uh So, if you if you see issues with things, you know, fight for them or you know, find people who can. It's sometimes the hardest thing is finding the people that can actually make change.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest hard thing.
Speaker 3: You got to find the people out there that go like, hey, we need another community rec center. Talk about it with your people, make it happen, you know. It's Uh, the one cool thing about living in America is that we're allowed to kind of start up to make change and still talk about it for now. So and uh we should express that and as many way as we can.
Speaker 2: And if you're.
Speaker 3: Capable of stopping an entire war, I think you probably should. Yeah, So get out there and fight, stand up for your believe I mean, if you if whatever you believe, and I think there should be you should you should feel you know. I think some people say, like if somebody is like a singer or something and they start talking about things that aren't maybe into the wheelhouse. Everybody, if they have a voice, should talk about the things that they feel are important to them, whether that be uh, you know, people or a disease that maybe wrecked their family, or just anything. If you have the ability to change it in any monocur of way, even if you get somebody to kind of come to your side on it. I think it's always important to talk about it. But listen, there's there's this, this and this and this, and the right people will here at the wrong people will never listen.
Speaker 2: Uh anyway, so you just got to.
Speaker 3: Know that you're released talking to one person and make one person's life change in any way they can. So do you think spread positive what we can? And this has been monster soup and we apologize maybe we didn't talk about the We'll see you next week you get the big Foot conference. Yeah, so but yeah, thanks for joining us every Friday. Uh. You know, we we have a good time and uh we talk about all the all the things that we find enjoyable.
Speaker 2: I am a very I am passionate.
Speaker 3: There's a reason why that there's a reason why I'm filled with joy is because I know where I stand. So uh but yeah, we are live every Friday at five. Hopefully we'll arrive next week ot Front next Friday at five. If we're not. Some stuff went down and we couldn't figure out internet connection. Because like I said, we're gonna be the midll nowhere. We'll double check make sure that happens. I would love to have a revolving mic where we can just kind of sit there and talk. But if it doesn't happen, you'll see a pre recording up and who knows what were talking about. But no, we're having a good time talking to some cool Bigfoot people and hopefully we will kind of gather all those people in our orbit and you'll get to hear a bottom for the next couple weeks with their cool stories. So you will get some Bigfoot stories after this, that is for sure. So that's what you're into. That's definitely what we'll have because I have nothing kind of enjoyer of fun stories. I've been trying to give them on here. I just don't know anybody with cool Bigfoot stories aside from this place that I go to, this magical little warehouse of joy that I've found at the Bigfoot Bigfoot Conference.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we'll.
Speaker 3: Hopefully have a bunch of those people on. We'll bring the spooky scaries to you and right off into the summer.
Speaker 2: So well, Joeann, you have to fill this in. Next time she said she saw bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Oh you come at the left an hour and say you saw bigfoot?
Speaker 2: Well, we got a couple.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, no, this is what I want to Joan to do. I want Joanne to go to our comment section or our go to ow Monster Suit podcast and want her to get on the show. If you don't want you, that's fine. I'm just saying match Su Podcasts at gmail dot com. You I would more than I would love to have you on.
Speaker 2: We can you talk about Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: If not, just get in the comment section next week because I have not eaten today and I probably need to do that for any more Loopy, I just have coffee and me so my idiotsd Breen is just like a little tornado and I'm sweating so bad. I'm wearing a hoodie and it's actually warming out today. But uh yeah, So thank you guys for joining us every Friday at five. I love to hear stories if you're into them, so yeah. Manstter Souit podcasts at gmail dot com. Uh Mantra Suit podcasts at Facebook. And if you want to check out silly art that I do. I do a daily drawing where I draw kid's art. It's Mischief Factory at Mischief Factory on TikTok. I as to do it on Instagram under the Mischief Factory mischief factory. So mischief has some things that you do and you get into trouble. And factory as in the place that people work sometimes, So mischief factory two f's I I I mumble a lot and people are like, what are you saying? What are the.
Speaker 2: Words you're saying. I'm like, oh, but uh but yeah.
Speaker 3: So thank you for joining us. I really appreciate it. You know what, Joan Joanna. Everything ADHD does rock it is my It is my little buddy that is like shooting me in every direction. And it's like it's like jumping rock to rock and then not knowing where that rock is gonna go.
Speaker 2: And sometimes you fall into the.
Speaker 3: Water and you go down the river. You know, bring in this conversation full circle. It's like going to the park, falling into the water and sand down the river.
Speaker 2: The spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't think the spot all right, think dooing everybody next time.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Thanks Dista,