Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, Junior Wed okay, Thursday. Not mad at that, it's the JV Show. I'm Selena and I'm Jess. Let's get right to it. First talk back of the day, shall we?
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 1: JV Show.
Speaker 3: It's your boy Snuff from San Diego. So I just had to slide into the Grahams dms. Of course, Mother, as exciting as the moms was flat into Graham's DMS.
Speaker 1: But I sent you guys something.
Speaker 3: Hopefully Graham you take a look at it and hopefully you guys enjoy.
Speaker 1: Talk to you bye. Who gives the heart.
Speaker 3: A right?
Speaker 1: I checked my DMS this morning after I got that talk back from our boy Snuff, and it was a link to a song, and I went, oh no, because you know, Selena, when people send us their music.
Speaker 2: Oh straight to the trash.
Speaker 1: Kidding, you know. But his DM said that he had created a song about our dry January. Bet if you don't know, Selena and Jess are both doing dry January. If one of them slips up and has a drink this month, they have to take a shoey out of the other person's shoe of course, which is what a shoe he is. And he made an entire song about it. And I'm not gonna lie you guys. It's pretty damn good.
Speaker 4: It's the JV show you Year's Day, Selena and Jest. No drinks in the play ye January there keeping it clean while Gram's on Damn he's sipping between.
Speaker 1: The states of eye. The honor of the game. Break the rules and you'll face the shine. A shoe is the price. It's not a bluff drink. You're from a shoe.
Speaker 4: Oh that's rough, Ri Janu Avery their holding storm.
Speaker 1: Newly vivibes that fein and on.
Speaker 4: Cram's got a glass with the same no shoe.
Speaker 5: He's no penalty.
Speaker 2: They let it go.
Speaker 4: Selena's gotta breath. The laza in hand proof and she's sober. She's taking us stand just is all in, not a slip in site team drive January.
Speaker 1: Re's winning this fight.
Speaker 4: Selena's got a breadth alaza in hand, Hooven, She's sober, She's taking us stand just is all in, not a sip in site team drive January Rees winning this fight.
Speaker 1: The stakes are high, the honors the game. Break the rules and you'll face the shame. Shoe is the price.
Speaker 2: It's not a.
Speaker 4: Bluff drinking from a shoe on that's wrong.
Speaker 1: There's more, there's more to the song. We couldn't play the entire thing, but I mean, I mean granmar right now. Like I was so blown away this morning because again no offensive people have before, but you know, generalist is not you know, it needs a little more refinement. But dude, that was a slap word snuff.
Speaker 2: And if only we can get Snuff to also do our crazy cash promos we play here.
Speaker 5: I can picture myself listening to this song in my car.
Speaker 2: It's so catchy.
Speaker 1: That good right, I love so good. Well done, We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to play that later.
Speaker 1: You should have seen the look of my face when it was a link to a song as well as Oh no, here we go. I clicked out. I was like, what how did that happen?
Speaker 6: Really quick?
Speaker 2: Since we're on the topic of dry January, thank you so much for that song. We're gonna actually play that later on in the morning for a whole new audience. But dry January, what are the benefits supposed to appear?
Speaker 7: Question?
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, oh, the benefits of dry January not drinking for a lot.
Speaker 1: You have more energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where are the benefits still waiting?
Speaker 5: You're right, we're already sixteen days in.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I've done an entire dry January, and I just felt Grouchyer.
Speaker 2: I literally looked up some of the benefits here. Improved mood is one of them. Where I've never been madder.
Speaker 1: There was more stressed and drumpier than ever.
Speaker 2: Not sleeping, well produced brain fog No, still foggy as hell.
Speaker 6: Just call me Carl.
Speaker 2: Financial savings no, still broke, still broke. Weight loss no, nope. Liver health I can't really speak on.
Speaker 1: That's probably let's put a pin in that on your livers. Getting a reset, that's good.
Speaker 2: Better sleep, nah, No, there's nothing better. Skin No, no, still breaking out, dry as hell, dry.
Speaker 1: And crusty January skin. We've all got it.
Speaker 2: Hands are all crackedly like, where where's the better skin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to pour cold beer on that. Probably you were fresh half.
Speaker 7: Way through, maybe maybe six fifteen more days, as what would it takes?
Speaker 6: Doubt it?
Speaker 1: You guys actually pretty good, I mean, let's be honest. Yeah, that the sixteenth here, that's pretty good. I mean Selena had a drink on January first, January second.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, in my defense, that was before we had discussed our January and now it's still in Mexico. We had a good bye drink at the like give me a break.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying, if I think you have to go one day into February.
Speaker 2: I'm final to complete a full I can do.
Speaker 1: That unless that first unless that first day of February lands on Friday or saturd. Yeah, Saturday, it's a weekday. She saw for it the JV show on Wild ninety four to nine right out.
Speaker 5: Time four.
Speaker 1: The four things you need a heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: I just want to give a quick fire update. That death toll has gone up now to twenty five. The fires in southern California is still raging where the twelve thousand structures have been destroyed, but it looks like they were making some progress. The palisade's fired on. This is the biggest one. It still is only twenty one percent contained, but it's good. The eating fire is now up to forty five good, the hearst fire ninety eight good, Auto fire eighty five percent. And now there's a little mountain fire zero percent contained, but it's it's pretty small, and they're saying those wins are going to pick back up next week.
Speaker 1: The Warriors got a much need to win last night on the road in Minnesota to get back to a five hundred record on the season, but this being the Warriors of twenty twenty five, of it did not come easily. The Warriors jumped out to a twenty two point first quarter lead and then just slowly choked it away. But Steph Curry wasn't going to let that win slip away. He scored thirty one in the game, and the Dubs escaped with a one sixteen to one point fifteen win. The Warriors now come home to host the Wizards on Saturday.
Speaker 7: Nice Today's weather will be mostly clear and sunny, with daytime.
Speaker 5: Hising load to mid at sixties and lows in.
Speaker 7: The forties with some areas dropping even into the thirties. You guys, but still no rain in the forecast for the near future. I'm thinking we might be worried.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to get a little dry spells going on a little too long. It reminds me of my fall quarter of my freshman year of college. H it was the hell of a dry spell. Hey, for go, bestie, Yes, your day today is going to be a nine pamper yourself and then ditch the old U because it's time to try out a new look or style. Smile for the cameras because you're creating a buzz Wow. Yeah, it'll blow up.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of buzz we were talking about drey January just a few minutes ago. Have you guys heard of these buzz drops? I've been seeing them everywhere. You haven't heard anything?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I want to ask and we'll discuss it next.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: So you guys haven't heard of buzz drops. Maybe it's because we've been talking about dry January so often that I keep getting served these ads on on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're getting served different stuff to me.
Speaker 3: Are they like you.
Speaker 5: Drinks or something?
Speaker 2: So they don't contain any alcohol, and that's I think that's why I'm getting serves them for dry January. They don't contain any alcohol. The little droplets that you just like put in your drink or whatever. I did look it up and it contains uh THHC tin tincturets with low doses of Delta nine THHC and canna bit oil.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I like it. If you're hey, you're doing dry January, Let's take one substance out and just replace it with another substance, because we know you have to have something. You can't just not have anything, right.
Speaker 6: And but okay, then I'm going to bring up a different product after this.
Speaker 2: And really, because I was reading the comments and a lot of people were like, oh my god, it's like a buzz, but it's not like an alcohol buzz off. See this no alcohol, but it's a relaxing buzz without intoxication or impairments. So they're selling this as an alternative to dudgejanuary.
Speaker 5: But then I.
Speaker 2: Also got a DM from Stacy Yes who said there are alternatives that even I just discovered that give you give you a buzz, but have no alcohol. There's something called hyo at Sprouts. You can buy it at Sprouts. It it's a functional seltzer is what it's called, and it tastes just like a seltzer. She says it gave her a buzz, but it has no alcohol. And I even look that up and it says no CBD, no anything. So I don't know it. I don't know. I don't know how it's working.
Speaker 1: It's a high dose of beetroot and it gets you all juiced up because you got so much antioxidants here in your blood system. I have you guys ever had I'm a big fan of the can drinks now that is a THHC and CBD.
Speaker 2: Like you know, if those type of dispensaries, I'm like scared to try anything.
Speaker 1: They're really low ones that have ME and.
Speaker 2: TC and all this that we don't mix very well.
Speaker 1: There's ones that have a very small amount. There's nothing to be scared of with those. Trust me.
Speaker 6: How many can you drink?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 1: It basically says that it's like it's for like a social thing. If you want to, you know, give you a recommendation, like if you're a more seasoned thing, have three of these if you want, just try one, see how you feel and go. But there's little ones, there's bigger ones. Get the low dose ones. I don't know. I'm I'm a fan of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are we allowed to do stuff like this during dry January?
Speaker 5: It's not alcohol?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're not going to make.
Speaker 6: Us do a shoey.
Speaker 1: I don't see any problem with it. I mean, if you really wanted to to go dry dry and you know, substance free for the month, then you would. But that wasn't a stipulation. Okay, wow, And I recommend I recommend those. Other than that, they are expensive. That's the only thing with all those stuff. You're just like, you know what, I could see this replacing booze for me, and then you're like, how much did a six pack of these costs? Okay, never mind? Really, yeah, things are pricey. That's the only problem with stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I wish that because I'm doing dry January, I would be more inclined to drink more water and be, you know, doing better with.
Speaker 5: That I guess side of things. But it's really not. It's not helping me. So I guess maybe this is a good like alternative for.
Speaker 2: Anyone ever thinking about trying to dry January. Just don't here's.
Speaker 1: Yours to stay clear. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: So you guys haven't heard of buzz drops. Maybe it's because we've been talking about dry January so often that I keep getting served these ads on on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're getting served different stuff than me, are they like.
Speaker 5: You drinks or something.
Speaker 2: So they don't contain any alcohol, and that's I think that's why I'm getting serves them for dry January. They don't contain any alcohol, the little droplets that you just like put in your drink or whatever. I did look it up and it contains uh THHC tin tinctuirts with low doses of delta nine THHC and cannabit oil.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I like, if you're hey, you're doing dry January, let's take one substance out and just replace it with another substance, because we know you have to have something. You can't just not have anything, right.
Speaker 2: And but okay, I'm gonna bring up a different product after this, And because I was reading the comments and a lot of people were like, oh my god, it's like a buzz, but it's not like an alcohol buzz. Obviously there's no alcohol, but it's a relaxing buzz without intoxication or impairments. So they're selling this as an alternative to dredge January. But then I also got a DM from Stacy Yes who said there are alternatives that even I just discovered that give you, give you a buzz, but have no alcohol. There's something called hyo at Sprouts. You can buy it at Sprouts. It it's a functional seltzer is what it's called. And it tastes just like a seltzer. She says it gave her a buzz, but it has no alcohol. And I even look that up and it says no CBD, no anything. So I don't know it. I don't know. I don't know how it's working.
Speaker 1: It's a high dose of beet root and it gets you all juiced up because you got so much antioxidants here in your blood system. I have you guys ever had I'm a big fan of the can drinks now that is a THHC and CBD, like.
Speaker 2: You know, n those the dispensaries, I'm like scared to try anything.
Speaker 1: They're really low.
Speaker 6: And and all that that we don't mix very well.
Speaker 1: There's ones that have a very small amount.
Speaker 6: Scared.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to be scared of with those, trust me.
Speaker 6: How many can you drink?
Speaker 1: Well? You? It basically says that it's like it's for like a social thing if you want to, you know, gives you a recommendation like if you're a more seasoned thing, have three of these if you want, just try one, see how you feel, and go. But there's little ones, there's bigger ones. Get the low dose ones. I don't know, I'm I'm a fan of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are we allowed to do stuff like this during dry January? It's not alcohol, Yeah, we're not.
Speaker 6: And you're not going to make us do a shoey.
Speaker 1: I don't see any problem with it. I mean, if you really wanted to go dry dry and you know, substance free for the month, then you would. But that wasn't a stipulation. Okay, wow, And I recommend I recommend those. Other than that, they are expended. That's the only thing with all those stuff. You're just like, you know what, I could see this replacing booze for me, and then you're like, how much did this six pack of these costs? Okay, never mind? Really, yeah, things are pricey. That's the only problem with stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I wish that because I'm doing Dry January, I would be more inclined to drink more water and be you know, doing better with that I guess side of things.
Speaker 5: But it's really not. It's not helping me. So I guess maybe this is a good like alternati.
Speaker 6: Is there anyone ever thinking about trying to dry January?
Speaker 1: Just don't here's your twos stay clear, all right?
Speaker 2: Next to the JV show, a survey says this, many Americans act like a baby when they're sick.
Speaker 6: I've witnessed that firsthand. That's my husband right there.
Speaker 5: Graham.
Speaker 2: You also a lot of alcohol talk this morning, but you have something alcohol related we're also going to talk about next.
Speaker 1: Honest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories. It's happening today in the bag.
Speaker 2: So, Jessica Simpson does have a prenup Protect your bag, queen, protection with your bag.
Speaker 6: Jess do me a favor. Will you look up her net worth once?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 2: So, as you know, Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson they are splitting up. They are heading separate ways. They got married in twenty fourteen. Can I call really quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jeez, Lenna, she get that checked out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. Thank you for your concern and Graham. So she and Eric Johnson they are splitting up. They've been married ten years now. They got married in twenty fourteen. People are wondering, well, is there like a preenup? What's going on? Because Jessica, you're the one that told me Graham has this massive She's built this massive empire of shoes and bags and accessories and clothes and perfumes, and she has all these things. Eric Johnson, you said he hasn't really he hasn't played football in a long time.
Speaker 1: Haven't played football a long time, and he didn't His career earnings, I'm assuming weren't that much. It's a pretty low profile, high tight.
Speaker 2: End, so it would be in Jessica's Ben's interest to protect her back. Weet project have a prenup?
Speaker 6: How much is Jessica Simpson worth Joe?
Speaker 7: So from what I'm reading in twenty twenty two, it was two hundred million, and I believe he was only at ten million the last time that I.
Speaker 1: Checked, and that might be being generously.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know the details of the prenup. I do want to throw this out though. We kind of touched on this with another major celebrity separation that's currently happening with Jessica Alba and her husband, but in California, which is where Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson lived.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming if.
Speaker 2: It's a long term marriage and that is ten years or more, it changes the way the courts look at spousal support. So even if they had a prenup from place and they had agreed at the beginning of their marriage or before, hey, no spousal support for either of us, the courts could be like, well things have changed. You guys have been married more than ten years, that's considered long term, and you've made all this money. He has nothing. You are in a payms. They could just override that.
Speaker 5: Then what why even set the prenup in the first place.
Speaker 2: If they're just going to override it, it's not guaranteed they will, but they can do that some precedent.
Speaker 6: Yes, not fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when it's your money you're trying to protect. If it's the other person.
Speaker 1: Then anytime it's like some woman that you think should get her bag, you're like, yeah, I get your bag. Taking word.
Speaker 2: This is different.
Speaker 1: What if Eric Johnson dropped everything, put his career on hold to marry her and support her and did everything for her and helped raise their chick. Do they have kids and became a stay at home dad and raised the kids and put everything on hold for her while she went off and made all the money. Don't you think he should get doesn't sound report?
Speaker 2: Yes, But I also I also think it matters how and why they split up, Like in this case, you were out just flirting with other women.
Speaker 6: That's kind of your fault.
Speaker 5: That's a good point, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Had she just called off the marriage and he's like, I've been this perfect, doting husband and I gave him everything for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, paying spousal support to me.
Speaker 5: That matter? I agree? Thank, Yeah, I mean, relationship.
Speaker 1: True, But I mean just flip the gender roles because a lot of times, normally, not normally, but in a lot of these high profile situations, we're seeing a guy who's very wealthy and then he's divorcing a woman, and you're saying, get your bag, queen, get your bag. And they should because what if they put their career on hold and raise the kids and did all this stuff and weren't out there earning a bunch of money because they were doing the world's hardest job, which is raising a family. And in those instances, yes, they should get. They should be compensated for that, and they should get spousal support, and they should get a chunk of the what her the husband earned during that time because he wouldn't have been able to do it because she was taking taking the brunt of all the work of raising the family. And I'm all for it. Get your bag, queen. But then, but it does seem a little different when we switched the gender roles. I don't know it, just like if if any but if a woman had cheated during that time, you're saying she gets cast out on the street with.
Speaker 2: Nothing, a cheater. You messed up that situation for yourself. I wouldn't be mad. The husband's like, I don't want to pay her money. She was cheating on me the whole time, Like why would I have to?
Speaker 5: Why should I have.
Speaker 6: To pay your speuse?
Speaker 1: But when there's kids involved, it's just to me, it's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: That's child support.
Speaker 1: That's different, okay, But that number goes based on your earning. Child support isn't like a set number for everyone. Yeah, that number based on lifestyle can be an astronomical number.
Speaker 2: And that's why we are not judges and we don't work in the court system.
Speaker 1: Judges Jewry on the show Graham, what do you have right? The Chicago Zoo announced yesterday that unfortunately we all need to take a moment and say yah goodbye. Is to Slater and Teal. Oh the hell is that they have passed away from the bird flu. Sla you, guys, isn't even a bird. He was a seven year old harbor seal, and Teal was a flamingo that wasn't even a year old. Yet. These are the first two known cases of ab influenza at the Chicago Zoo. Officials there are definitely on edge because of how contagious this virus is and how quickly it can spread. They aren't sure how they were exposed, but they think it was likely from some sort of water fowl. That's a water bird if you didn't know the waterfowl. And unfortunately, yeah, and they're on alert because hoping other animals at the zoo don't get this. Now, we've seen egg prices absolutely blast through the roof. And if you don't know why that is, it's not everything's more expensive these days. It is because bird flu is wiping out millions and millions of chickens.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sad.
Speaker 1: You didn't know that slu.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: I thought everyone was eating the ball the eggs. I went to go buy some yesterday and there was like two cases no.
Speaker 1: And then every grocery store you go to now it's like you can't buy more than two cartons of eggs or whatever. It is like there's limits on it. And that is because of the bird flu. Bird flu is absolutely decimating the egg laying bird population amongst other things too. We've seen we've seen cases in humans as well. We actually saw our first bird flu death in Louisiana, I think last week or the week before that. You know, again that person had underlying conditions and all that stuff. But it is a highly contagious virus and it's interest and they say it's mutated and we're going to see where this thing goes. But it's definitely something to keep an eye on. But that that is the reason your eggs cost twelve bucks or nine bucks or whatever. You see these prices that you're seeing is because they now the only way to get rid of birds that are infected with the bird flu. And we've seen this over the past couple of years when there's been outbreaks is they have to kill them. All, and there's been some you know, major egg producers that have the numbers that they've birds that they've had to off. It's staggering in the millions.
Speaker 5: We really started off twenty twenty five, not in the best way.
Speaker 1: No, this is not this is not shaping up to.
Speaker 5: Be twenty twenty six will be our year.
Speaker 1: Not shaping up to be our year. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine the.
Speaker 2: Time for what the bleep? Where you can win a JV show Chug mug. You just gotta be the first person to guest today is bleeped out word as always leave your guess is on the talkback mic on the free iHeartRadio app. You guys ready for today's clip? Do you guys also have a ton of hair hanging off your My husband won't even go near it.
Speaker 6: He is so grossed out.
Speaker 1: Don't blame him. It's gross.
Speaker 6: It is gross.
Speaker 5: Trim Are you not shaving for winter?
Speaker 1: The hair is hanging off you? No, you need feel for work.
Speaker 2: This is everyone, probably everyone, guys and girls. I think probably mostly girls.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Interesting, All right, think about what that bleeped out? Women's women? Sorry I said blean women, Gals, Ladies, ma'am. All right, think about what that bleeped out word could be. Remember, this is a squeaky clean, family friendly show, so your guest needs to be just that. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 5: Back to what the bleep?
Speaker 2: Here's how it works. I haven't played this clip again. It does contain a bleeped out word. Now, if you are the first person to guess that bleeped out word is, you get a JV show Chuck Munk, easy as that as always leave your guest is on the talkback Michael the Free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Here's today's clip.
Speaker 2: Do you guys also have a ton of hair hanging off your My husband won't even go near it. He is so grossed out. It was I won't even go near it. Really Yeah, interesting, what.
Speaker 5: What Jamie show?
Speaker 7: This is really from Campbell and I think the bleep that word is hair brush?
Speaker 1: Hair brush? That was far and away the most popular guests that came in this morning. That just wiped out a lot of guesses. It is not brush or hair brush.
Speaker 8: No, good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Jennifer and Stockton. My guess is Big co Campbell of the Campbell Variety. Maybe do you guys have a would you guys Do you guys have hair on your toes?
Speaker 7: Or is that guy think think maybe like a couple, but not.
Speaker 2: No, you're right. I do remember one time I went to nevermind, it's a story. I don't fel like explaining, but no, I don't. I don't pluck them. I didn't know they were there until recently.
Speaker 12: You do.
Speaker 2: And it was too late because I.
Speaker 6: Was wearing heels with the clear straps and the hair.
Speaker 2: Is pressed up against the plastic what.
Speaker 1: You thought a hair had been trapped under there from somebody else and it was attached to you. I have one big toe hair. I tried to take a picture of my toe this morning because it's the one I dropped the stove on and it's all black and blue, and I wanted to give a progress pick. And I did notice that my one toe hair is still there. It's going strong. Good for you, just one Hi.
Speaker 8: This is Krislin calling from San Jose and I think the bleeped out word is mole.
Speaker 2: Thanks, have a good day, mole.
Speaker 1: There was another very popular guest this morning, mole.
Speaker 2: All right, continue to get those guesses in what is that bleeped out word? If you think you know it, leave it on a talkback on the iHeartRadio apped. I forget your name of the city so we can shout you out.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: We're playing one of.
Speaker 6: Our favorite games right now.
Speaker 2: What the bleep where you just have to guess today is a bleeped outward? In case you missed today's clip, here it is. Do you guys also have a ton of hair hanging off your My husband won't even go near it.
Speaker 6: He is so grossed out. No story, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even want to go near it.
Speaker 6: I'm force you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see, but it's yours. Some of it is mine? Oh most of it? Probably all of it, I don't know. We'd have to send that to the lab just to be sure. Now, as always, if you think you know what that bleef dot word is, you leave it on the talk back Michael the ie Heart app. Let's run through some of these guesses.
Speaker 3: Good morning guys, Jason from here, and my guess for the bleeped out word is chin.
Speaker 2: Thanks, guys, have a great dake bye.
Speaker 1: Got some hairs on your chin beyond?
Speaker 6: Give me something like peach fuzz.
Speaker 1: You've never had that one long black hair come out of your chin amongst the fuzz every lady has.
Speaker 2: One time I did, but it's been years. It hasn't come back.
Speaker 5: One time had I had a clear one like on the side of my hair? It was weird?
Speaker 1: Mean is called gray? And wow? How old are you?
Speaker 5: Morning j V show?
Speaker 2: Read it from Sane?
Speaker 13: Is the bleaped out word off your shower wall? Have a good I don't even know what today it is, but it's my Friday.
Speaker 1: But that's not it. That was a very very popular guest shower wall. And I think a lot of people guess that because Selena, you talk about how you stick your hairs individually to the shower wall while you shower, which is as a handful.
Speaker 6: Oh god, my man's also grossed out by that.
Speaker 5: But that's not the.
Speaker 8: Good Morning Jaie show. This is me little missus Masa, And my guess is for the bleaked out word is hairtie?
Speaker 2: I hope I win hair hairtie.
Speaker 1: That became another popular guess after brush and hair brush were eliminated. Hair tie. That's not it?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 6: Hairtie?
Speaker 2: Good Morning TV Show?
Speaker 12: It's Leslie from Belma is the bleeped out word broom.
Speaker 1: All right, I hope I get it.
Speaker 6: Thanks. There we go with today's got It unbelieved?
Speaker 2: Do you guys also have a ton of hair hanging off your broom? My husband won't even go near it. He is so grossed out. That's not just my house, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's probably grossed out by actually using it though, because he's like, I don't want to actually sweep, like nobody wants to do that. I'll use the excuse that it's the grosses me out, all right. Now, Look, I'd love to give a ton of shout outs, but you know what what, Leslie was the only person that got it this morning. Leslie was the only person that got the great like that answer to this morning. Nicely done, Leslie, and a lot of people, a lot of people. Thank you to everybody that played this morning because only title wave of talkbacks. That was a lot to sort through. But Leslie is going to be the only one that comes away that brand new JV show Chad Bug this morning. And I can't shout out anyone else because nobody else got it.
Speaker 2: All right, good job Leslie, Hey everyone else, no worries. Tomorrow we are going to do it again. Seven oh five here on the JV Show, The.
Speaker 1: JV Show on Wild ninety four, nine ten the phone.
Speaker 2: Wildney for nine.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 8: Who's this Hi?
Speaker 13: This is Sherry.
Speaker 2: Hi, Sherry, how's it going?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 10: I cannot believe I'm doing this again.
Speaker 5: Oh you've played before?
Speaker 2: Refresh my memory? Did did you win last time?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Let's see if Sherry can do it again for Bottle Rock tickets on the line three day ticket.
Speaker 7: Day general admission, and it's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely want this. All right, Let's see if you can get it done. We're gonna ask you for trivia questions. Got to get three correct and you win these tickets. There's question number one, a classic McDonald's Big Mac features how many patties? It's been so long?
Speaker 1: Two too.
Speaker 2: So too many.
Speaker 1: Then they made the double Big Mac where there were four. That's one of those right now? All right? Question number two Professor Plumb in the library with the candlestick. Something you might hear said when you are playing what board game?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jesse, you've never heard of clue.
Speaker 7: I think I've seen the box, never played.
Speaker 5: It in my life.
Speaker 1: They made like a movie and stuff out of it too, didn't they They did not good.
Speaker 10: Guys, have my daughter?
Speaker 1: Okay, was a little exciting announcement there, and then the phone just cut out. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, maybe she had her daughter right now?
Speaker 1: What you gave birth to your daughter in the car at this very moment, live on the air, miracle. Seriously cut out.
Speaker 2: You're trying to say, you have your daughter in the car with you.
Speaker 6: What's her name?
Speaker 11: Janna?
Speaker 5: Je Jana.
Speaker 1: They welcome to the world, Gianna. It's a tough place out here. I gotta warn you.
Speaker 2: Question number three. In nineteen forty one, Japan launched a surprise military strike on the United States where.
Speaker 7: Japan launched it on Pearl Harbor.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's right, that's right, all right, we're three for three. You don't even need this question man, repeat winner right here. She's taken our trivia game and just dunked all over it. Question number four, What very common type of hard alcohol can be made from potatoes?
Speaker 2: Oh? Gosh, pato alcohol?
Speaker 12: What is that?
Speaker 2: Do you think I should know this?
Speaker 1: But I've had some before. It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh oh my gosh, this is yep?
Speaker 1: Oh duh, Like you just looked it up and we were like, oh, oh, I know.
Speaker 7: What a clear one I was like, or a vodka but to be wanting to see and.
Speaker 1: Then Google was like, it's bot hello do I love that?
Speaker 5: For any alcohol question, share pople are always.
Speaker 1: Like, I should know this, Sky, I should know this. I drink today, I'm gonna functioning alcoholic.
Speaker 2: I should know you still want congratulate, Yes.
Speaker 5: You just got a pair of three day general admission tickets to Bottle Rock naw but vallely happening through twenty fifth.
Speaker 14: Share.
Speaker 2: Things are getting noisy back there, so we're gonna put you on a hold, but going up, we're gonna get you that winning.
Speaker 1: Congrats on the wind and your newborn Gianna.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you, Yes she's aging.
Speaker 2: By the way, those Bottle Rock single day tickets they go on sale today ten. If you can't make it the entire weekend, maybe you just want to see ice.
Speaker 1: Cue to go on Sunday's catch me outside there. I'll be there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go to Bottle Rock Napa Valley dot com. From more info Graham, let's do some shouts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people my dms. This one says, Hey Graham, Dad in your DMS, requesting a belated birthday shout out for my son Ali. He turned thirteen on January seventh. What's today's dates?
Speaker 6: Last sixteen?
Speaker 1: Is that even?
Speaker 6: I mean, we stop doing like the retro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those were from you know, the ones when we were out on break. We were here on January seventh. We could have given her a shout out on January.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that is from us, Si, Sumi, Safa and Marwa. We love the JV show and the team. So all right, happylated very related birthday, Ali. Good point. Another one here, Hey Graham, Today is my daughter's eleventh birthday. Can you please please please send her a shout out? We listen to you guys every morning and she loves you guys. Happy birthday, Jimena from Mom, dad and Julie. She's an amazing older sister and daughter and we love you so much. You complete our family. Thank you, Graham, you the best. Happy birthday, he mena who is a far great day. Another one, Hey, Graham's sorry for the late DM slide. I just wanted to see if you Selena just could wish my girlfriend Lee aka danger Cat Callen a happy birthday can't wait to celebrate you later today with the rest of the Faith and Spirits Crew. What do you think the Faith and Spirits Crew is, Lena.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like a like a church.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a church group, like a drunk church group. I like it. Oh they're drinking spirits. Oh like spirits, like wegi board spirits. Okay, nevermind, Faith and whatever from Marico and San Carlos. Thanks Graham and congrats on finishing up your new home. Thank you so much. All Right, happy Happy birthday, danger cat callan.
Speaker 6: Happy Birthday, use the part that's a.
Speaker 1: Great point The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, Good.
Speaker 8: Morning JV Show. She's a Mira from Utah, Nay.
Speaker 6: On my way to work.
Speaker 8: I've noticed over the past week or two that instead of chef sign as she usually does for gasping, as she said, she takes the Lord's even things word since something I noticed, I can't thought it was funny when she thinks something's really shocking, she said the.
Speaker 2: Jay work J I have noticed you doing that more off the air gasp.
Speaker 1: Have you been taking the Lord's name in vain on our very airway?
Speaker 2: Saying no, you say, I can't even say it.
Speaker 1: What does she say? She says the Jay words Jesus. That was a clip of just from yesterday's show.
Speaker 6: Yes, you do, and you.
Speaker 1: Do, and you are a devout Catholic. There you go, and you should not be as a devout atheist? Am I exempt from that? Am I allowed?
Speaker 5: You're not allowed to say the word?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I can't even think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why I don't believe that that's real.
Speaker 6: But you're offending people who do interesting.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I feel like I should get an exemption.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. The last guy, Daddy, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Drake is officially suing UMG Universal Music Group over Kendrick Lamar's song not Like Us? What Why?
Speaker 5: UMG?
Speaker 6: This is what's interesting.
Speaker 2: UMG is home to both Drake and Kendrick, so it's a little interesting that Drake is suing his own label that he's signed to. But that's exactly what he did yesterday morning in federal Corps for spreading the false and malicious narrative that he is a pedophile because that's what Kendrick says in the song. So Drake claims that UMG knew full well, but the song was about and that referred to him in such a way was not only false, but it was dangerous as well. But they ran with it anyway. They promoted the hell out of that song all for money. Drake says, UMG knew that it would devalue his music and his brand, giving them leverage in future contract negotiations.
Speaker 1: Stop, is it devalued his brand? No, guys as rich as ever. Yes, he's still as popular as ever. Just take the l and go.
Speaker 2: Away right now. Remember Drake's claiming that UMG used bots to increase song streams. He also says that UMG was in on getting Kendrick the Super Bowl halftime gig so he could perform that song on the world's biggest stage.
Speaker 6: Drake is the biggest cry baby.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I love UMG's response to this. They said the notion we would seek harm, we would seek to harm the reputation of any artist, let alone Drake.
Speaker 5: Is illogical.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even make sense. We've invested massively in his music, in our employees around the world to have worked tirelessly for many years to help him achieve commercial and personal financial success. Throughout his career, Drake has intentionally and successfully used UMG to to distribute his music, to engage in outrageous back and forth rap battles to express his feelings about other artists. But now he seeks to weaponize this same legal process as silence another artist creative expression. Hmm, it'sn't that interesting. One last thing that people think is pretty hilarious. Drake's lawyers wrote the recording threatens that if Drake comes to Oakland, where Lamar grew up, he will not make it out alive. Kendrick is not from Oakland. I think everyone knows that he's not from the Bay. He's from Compton. By the way, here's the part of the song that the lawyers are referencing.
Speaker 1: Do you think the bagels that disrespect pup? I think the Oakland shoo left down.
Speaker 2: Kendrick is obviously referencing Drake's use of AI to have Tupac rap in one of his songs.
Speaker 6: Do you remember yeah?
Speaker 2: That so?
Speaker 6: I don't know, maybe because.
Speaker 1: Tubac lived here.
Speaker 2: He's saying that the Bay is not gonna let you get away with that, like not that Kendrack is gonna take him out.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: If we sat down and broke down every single song. There would be so many lawsuits if this is what we're doing now.
Speaker 5: But come on, like.
Speaker 6: Stop, it's embarrassing, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: In the ultimate flip flop, the incoming president's team is saying that he's going to try to save the TikTok app from me banned. If you remember, he was the one that first led the charge to get it banned, even sign an executive order to do so, but ultimately it was President of Biden who finally pushed it through. And we all know that deadline is this Sunday. Byte Dance, the parent company of TikTok, has to sell the app to a US company or have it be banned. And Byte Dance said, hold my beer, We're just going to go completely dark and shut it off on the nineteenth. If this band goes through and the Supreme Court doesn't rule in our favor, Supreme Court still mollding a decision on this, and they don't have a deadline for when they have to do so. It's a Supreme Court, they could do whatever they want. Supreme Court's a croc. Well, he's apparently now considering signing an executive order to at least delay the band and then ultimately save the app. He could be TikTok savior. Oh how the people would love him the popularity. According to the incompany president's pick for National security advisor, Mike Waltz, he said in an interview last night, quote number one, TikTok's a great platform that many Americans use and was great for his campaign and get his messages out. Number two, he's going to protect their data. My my, my. Isn't this such a stark reversal from where you were? TikTok was Chinese and they're stealing all your info and into national security threat. Oh wait, now you want to save the app because people on TikTok voting for you. I'm just a just a tea. I'm urged teas. He bit confused by this, But I guess if you are somebody who loves TikTok, this is good news for you. Because while the deadline is the nineteenth, we knew that we know the incoming president takes office the following day. Inaugurations on the twentieth. So maybe the app only goes dark for I don't know, half a day or something, and then boom it is saved. But we shall see.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's turned into like.
Speaker 6: The craziest that's a big, big somewhere.
Speaker 7: Else to find my recipes and my life advice and all my knowledge basically because I guess so much from TikTok.
Speaker 2: That's not good, I know it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, grow, Maybe this will be a good thing for my health and.
Speaker 1: My overall Men, do those things, the recipes and those every now and again a useful life hack? Do they outweigh these seven hours a day that you spend on there not accomplishing anything.
Speaker 5: No, I guess not.
Speaker 6: But she has anything better to do, that's true, Okay.
Speaker 1: I responsibilities, volunteer, help people see the outdoor. I mean, when you put it that way, I guess a lot of stuff that people could be doing rather than scrolling. But you know whatever. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 6: Graham, you just gave an update on the TikTok ban.
Speaker 1: Yes, the incoming president May is working there, saying to try to save the app and keep it from being federally banned.
Speaker 11: Here don't take away my TikTok. I'm a teacher. I get a lot of really helpful tool lessons ideas from there.
Speaker 3: So I mean it's it is a good thing.
Speaker 11: But then again, it all the same stuff on YouTube, reel, Facebook, Instagram story, so I'm not going to cry about it. Although TikTok shop it's pretty great good stuff. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess see what happens.
Speaker 1: I just read that the CEO of TikTok may be attending the inauguration on Monday. Something tells me something's cooking here.
Speaker 2: Something's cooking interesting. Anyways, We're not a political show, but we are a TikTok show, so that's why we cover this type of stuff.
Speaker 6: Graham, anything you want to talk about here?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the Nutmobile.
Speaker 2: You guys, use me.
Speaker 1: The Nutmobile. You guys haven't heard of it. It's like the Planters. You know, Planters peanuts, they have the Nutmobile, like Oscar Meyer has the Wienermobile.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I did know that.
Speaker 1: He's a twenty six foot long peanut. Yeah, and it's it's on wheels and it travels the country just like the Wienermobile. Does I like how we have the two mobiles out there that are are the Wienermobile and the Nutmobile. Is there no other food product that wants to make a big yeah, big mobile, big bus of themselves of their product. I guess not. We're stuck with nuts and winers. Well, the Nutmobile is looking for the next nut drivers. You guys. For forty five thousand dollars a year, plus a you know, a little travel stipend, health benefits, and even for one K, you can become the next Nutmobile crew member driver, you know, staff and the nut You can be on there for one year. It's a one year position. They're looking for people to be a part of this from June twenty twenty five through June twenty twenty six, so they're starting to take driver on applications. Yes, just spreading nuts all over the place. You're you know, you're at parties, throwing nuts at people and it just catch it, see yeah, catch my nuts. And it seems like a pretty fun gig. Now, there are some requirements. If you're thinking, you know what, I would like to spend a year riding in a giant pemoy, I'm out, Okay, here's the things. You need to have a college degree, preferably when in communications, marketing, or public Really any of.
Speaker 2: You guys no college degree?
Speaker 5: Yes, not in those fields?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well, valid driver's license, Oh I have that.
Speaker 5: I have that.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. That's pretty much it. I mean after that. Oh, now there is one more requirement I forgot. You have to be comfortable dressing up and costume for some character performances. So you have to be comfortable dressing up like a big nut.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry they are not paying enough for anyone to sign up for this.
Speaker 1: Now listen to this, and I got this one covered. A proficiency They want you to have this A proficiency and nut related puns. Oh, I feel like I got you. I got that.
Speaker 5: Covered, even the dressing up part.
Speaker 1: I feel like you could do that in a nutshell totally.
Speaker 2: I could never do something like that. You know. I get anxiety enough driving my own car, feeling like people are looking at me at stop lives. I don't need to be in a giant nut Okay, I don't like that.
Speaker 7: Also, if you hit curves already in your tiny car, imagine the things are gonna hit in that giant thing.
Speaker 1: Driving a giant nut home. Yeah, yeah, that would be something. I think the younger you could do it, but this current use Selena, you're a shell of your former self.
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Little nut pun there?
Speaker 6: That was good. That's why you'd be perfect for the job.
Speaker 5: A sign up.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Going to remind everyone that on Saturday, I'm going to be at Old Sugar Mill this Saturday.
Speaker 5: What did I say on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I'm just clarifying you said on Saturday is coming Saturday. It's a reminder people this Saturday after tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, Old Sugar Mill. It's right outsie of Sacramento. So it is a bit of a drive, but it's going to be a lot of fun. There's this amazing winery, awesome venue. If you have like an event, you know coming up, you probably want to come check them out. By the way, if you book they're going to give you a.
Speaker 5: Major discount if you come on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Other than that, we're just going to have a lot of fun or drink a.
Speaker 5: Lot of wine.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, everyone's gonna drink wine except for me. I'm doing drive.
Speaker 6: Sure, sure, I don't want to drink a shoe. We add address a shoe that's for Selena. That's what we have.
Speaker 1: Now, I need a couple of spies. You need a couple of spies. Report back to me.
Speaker 2: I really wish she would Sugar respond sorry and then uh what's the word coming?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Report?
Speaker 6: Report back to Graham.
Speaker 2: I wish you would do You do have to register for this, so go to waldney for nine dot com slash old Sugarma just so we have your name. We're all ready to hang out with you. Now it's time.
Speaker 1: Late.
Speaker 5: Where's my jewelry?
Speaker 1: I'll be.
Speaker 2: Can we have a lot to unpack here? So we talked about Lily Phillips. Right, She's she's the only fans creator who set a goal in January twenty twenty five, She's going to sleep with a thousand men in twenty four hours, in twenty four hours, twenty four hours. She wanted to break the record that was previous Even.
Speaker 1: If she said a whole year, I would still be like.
Speaker 6: Now in a single day.
Speaker 2: And she wanted to break the record that was previously set by Lisa Sparks in two thousand and four, who slept with nine hundred and nineteen men in a day, So.
Speaker 1: She's nine nineteen. Yeah, in a single.
Speaker 2: Day, Lily Phillips, she's been working hard. She's been training for this big event which has not taken place yet. I think she still might be in training, although she said January, so I think that should be coming up soon. Only now she's got up her game because incomes Bonnie Blue.
Speaker 1: Bonnie Blue just said, hold my well, right.
Speaker 6: Donnie Blue said, pick this up off the floor.
Speaker 2: It's a little store, so be careful, but pick it up and hold this because she just slept with over a one thousand men, one thousand and fifty seven, to be exact, in twelve hours?
Speaker 1: What in half a day?
Speaker 12: Day?
Speaker 1: Get your calculator out. I need to learn some math on that, all right, like half a day twelve hours, so you got well, you know, twelve hours, and there's sixty minutes in each hour, so twelve times sixty, that's says seven hundred and twenty minutes in half the day. And then how many.
Speaker 2: Guys were did fifty seven?
Speaker 1: So we'll divide that by one thousand and fifty seven, and that gives you the rough math of point six eight of a minute, so you get six, yes, you get point six to eight of a minute. How many seconds is.
Speaker 2: Somebody broke it down, and that would mean every guy would have had less than sixty seconds with her.
Speaker 1: We'll get that. I just what do you mean, I just broke the exact same thing downe Yes.
Speaker 2: You minute complicated with all the numbers in the math and stuff, but seven.
Speaker 1: Hundred and twenty minutes is a smaller number than the number of guys. I just broke down that exact same thing.
Speaker 7: They don't believe this, why because that's that sounds impossible. So she didn't go to the bathroom, not once. She didn't have to like eat, not once, like oh she was stuffed, maybe, she said.
Speaker 2: So she did an interview and she said, like, look, she feels fine after doing this.
Speaker 1: No she doesn't.
Speaker 2: But I guess she had to switch up after three or four hours, Like how like the logistics of it, she said, those first few hours were really different.
Speaker 1: Entry points were.
Speaker 2: A lot, and it had she continued like that, she would have struggled. But she did make note of how full the room was and it was just like a rotating circle. Oh my god, So it was I can't believe these are the So.
Speaker 5: It was it was like one at a time.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, And then somebody's sitting there like well a stop watch, like.
Speaker 2: Someone has to be there, you know, taking notes and making.
Speaker 1: Someone from the Guinness Book right, verify the record.
Speaker 7: She also do this at an Airbnb because the other one was planning to do it at an AIRBNBA.
Speaker 5: I don't know how do you get that many men?
Speaker 2: And I don't know where this took place that Jesus and I don't want to joke about house fires, but that's when you burn your house down.
Speaker 1: If that was your Airbnb and somebody did that in there light.
Speaker 2: A match, Oh no, I don't think it's just going to let that daughter.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't be judging, right, you do you it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Your body, your choice, you're somebody's daughter.
Speaker 5: But sometimes you can judge a little you can judge a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm judging a lot of that. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, The JV Show, I'm Selena program.
Speaker 2: Don't forget those Bottle Rock single day tickets go on sale to day. If you can't go all three days, but you can go one day.
Speaker 5: Also, we have an Instagram contest.
Speaker 2: Oh tell me about that?
Speaker 5: While is auty four nine. It's super simple.
Speaker 7: We have our post pinned, so if you find that, you just have to like the post, comment and add a hashtag and tag a friend.
Speaker 2: That easy and you'll be aware of tickets.
Speaker 5: Do you have before January twenty fourth?
Speaker 1: Just post, tag, repost, send it to your bestie, use a hashtag, make sure you're following, make sure you're following, done your bump, follow, then share.
Speaker 6: It again, profile, comment, secret words.
Speaker 1: And then you can win.
Speaker 2: Got it Back to our meeting in the ladies room.
Speaker 7: Yes, all right, So I want to talk about the biggest wedding trends for twenty twenty five, and then I also want to ask you guys if there's anything about weddings that you would get rid of. So starting off with some of the top trends, Apparently people are letting go of the traditional cake cutting and instead they're doing that in private or skipping it all together.
Speaker 5: Did you guys have a wedding a wedding cake at your guys's wedding? Selena, I know yours? Wow, win a rub it in?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's was pounded to smitherings by a hurricane. Were you gonna have a cake before a hurricane smashed it, yes, and I was.
Speaker 2: Actually looking forward to it because I mean, who doesn't want a wedding cake at their wedding? And you know what, actually at our little uh not actual like at our little uh makeshift wedding, you know, before the our resort went into lockdown, they did bring us like like a couple.
Speaker 1: Of cupcakes from the vending machine.
Speaker 5: I think it was like a little Debbie's, like this.
Speaker 1: Vending machine in the stairwell the hotel, which was the only safe place to be in the hurricane.
Speaker 2: They did bring us something. It was really small, but something to like have as a cake, So I thought that was kind of cute. But yeah, you do want the big wedding cake, you know, even if it's a lot of people will do.
Speaker 5: Like like most of it being fake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then just like cut the top and they have a sheet cake in the back that they actually pass out.
Speaker 6: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: I think that's pretty much what we did. We have a small cake. I don't know that we did actual We did a small cake that we cut, but it was not a big gather round everybody look at the cake cutting because like, who cares?
Speaker 5: Nobody cares?
Speaker 1: That it's boring. We cut it ourselves and it was a very small cake. But then I think we just had assorted desserts at our wedding. From what I remember, everyone didn't get a piece of cake. It was like, if you want dessert, go up to the table, you get.
Speaker 2: One that's actually smarter. I for many years I've had to throw birthday parties, you know, and every time, what do you do? What's the main event? The stupid cake? And then half the people don't even want it, and you end up wasting so much you're hanging on to it just in case nobody ever, no one's gonna eat it.
Speaker 5: Nope, I think what you did, savior mind.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you save a lot a lot of money doing it that way as well, because those cakes, anytime they know it's for a wedding cake price, I'm like, are you using a different recipe for this cake that you don't use at birthday parties? To the gather, Wait, it's the same recipe. Oh, but it's for a wedding. It costs ten times as much.
Speaker 5: Interesting because the pressure's on.
Speaker 7: But another wedding for twenty twenty five, and I thought this one was interesting. Apparently more brides are ditching the white gowns for colorful ones.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think about this?
Speaker 2: Because I do see that every once in a while.
Speaker 5: I like the traditional one.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too, But luck with every trend, I'm always late to the party. So maybe if I see it enough, it'll grow on me. Right now, I like the white.
Speaker 1: There's something classic about the yeah, the white dress and seeing the bride walk down there on a white dress. And if the bride came out in something that was not, you would be like, Okay, there's another bride's maid. Who is when's the Yeah, the bride is the bride getting here? That's her?
Speaker 2: And then if the bride doesn't wear white, does that mean a guest can? That's a good right, because you know the number one rule of weddings, don't wear white. That's reserved for the bride.
Speaker 1: I still don't think you could do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 5: You'll be mistaken as the wedding the bride.
Speaker 1: That person would get all your presents. Yeah, who congrats?
Speaker 5: Okay, what about I'll fit changes?
Speaker 7: Because I have seen this a lot, mainly with celebrities of course, where they have like three different dresses that they were throughout the night.
Speaker 5: I think this is doing too much.
Speaker 6: It's a little excessive.
Speaker 2: However, if you can afford that, I'm not mad at it, you do you.
Speaker 5: I'm only mad because I wouldn't be able to.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But now I want to talk about some things that you guys want to stop seeing at weddings, because I have one specific one.
Speaker 5: Can I share it with you please?
Speaker 7: I hate when there is like ten different speeches and it's like back to back to back, and everybody's taking like thirty minutes to say what they want to say to the bride and groom, and I just think it's too much. I don't want to sit there for like three hours listening to these speeches because a lot of the times it's like repeated jokes, because everybody knows the things that the couple likes.
Speaker 6: And they're always inside jokes too.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I mean. If you are going to do a speech at a wedding, it's it's not easy to do a good one, because, yes, if you are doing a bunch of inside jokes and stuff that everyone else doesn't get, it's not the rest of us are sitting there like I don't get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then you're just clapping trying to like we can like you're hungry, you're stuck.
Speaker 5: So I'm done with that. Is there anything else you guys want to stop seeing at wedding?
Speaker 1: All kinds of things, A lot of them I could get rid of the first day. That's that, I could get rid of a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: That's like the most I know.
Speaker 1: Most important thing from us attending the wedding. We don't care watching you guys sway slowly in a circle about anything.
Speaker 2: Why even go to a wedding that brand? Because I feel like you would.
Speaker 1: Have open bars, the open bars, the one like the fun part that we're all having fun. That part is the best part of the wedding. Trim out some of the unnecessary, most people get to the fun, the hottest things.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So Wendy Williams just did her first interview this morning with the Breakfast Club in New York. You know Charlemagne and then, oh my god, so where Wendy Williams is? This ban has been kind of a mystery and the last time we talked about her here on the JV Show, it was because her conservator, Sabrina Morrissey, was in court and she said that Wendy is incapacitated. Yeah, and we were like, oh my god, what does that mean? Is she like a vegetable like has her you know, she has all these illnesses. Has it gotten that bad that she like can't move, she can't say? Yeah, like what what is the deal? Well, then she does this interview this morning with the Breakfast Club. She has her niece Alex on the line.
Speaker 14: I am not cognitively impaired, you know what I'm saying. No, but I feel like I am in prison. You understand what I'm saying. I'm in this place where the people are in their nineties and their eighties, Like I'm exhausted thinking about what if I can't see my dad for his birthday, you know, at ninety four. You know the day after that is not promised.
Speaker 10: It's not promised.
Speaker 2: She broke down at various times during this interview. So basically, she is in New York City at some sort of like I don't no.
Speaker 1: Luxury assisted old care facilities, living facilities then like that, and.
Speaker 2: She's stuck into small room with only basic necessities, only one window, which does not give her enough sunlight.
Speaker 6: Her conservator took her cats. She had two cats that.
Speaker 2: She no longer has, not the cat she is not allowed to really like. She can make calls outward to friends and family, but they can't contact her. She has no iPad, no laptop, no anything. And then she's afraid that they're not even gonna let her see her dad next month for his birthday, and who knows how much longer he has after he turns ninety four.
Speaker 9: My life is like.
Speaker 5: She's prepared for the fact that her phone might be taken.
Speaker 2: Away to anybody. Yeah, it is the saddest thing to hear her break down like that.
Speaker 6: Again, we're talking about Wendy Williams. She says, one of the few interactions.
Speaker 2: She has with other people on the daily basis is when the nurse come in and just give her unknown pills. Wow, and she's like, Okay, I guess I'm supposed to be taking these.
Speaker 6: I don't even think she takes them.
Speaker 1: She's definitely going to solitary confinement after they hear this interview. Yeah, got out.
Speaker 7: So wild under the impression weren't they making it seem like she wasn't even aware of her surroundings or what was going on.
Speaker 1: And Okay, now there are there's two sides to this story, and we don't know which one is that and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle because somebody that is suffering from dementia, which is what we were told that is one of the things that she's going through. Right, Yes, people that have dementia can have moments like this where they seem totally lucid and they seem to remember everything and can talk about stuff clearly, and then there's other times where they can't do those things. Anybody that knows somebody that's gone through dimension knows that there are different stages of this and there are.
Speaker 2: Different that side that we saw on that documentary. Do you remember the documentary? And she had no idea where she was. She thought she was going to be back on her talk show. But this is like a whole different person doing.
Speaker 1: This in you, which is again people that have seen you know, people that have gone through dementia can be something that happens and we don't know. Maybe there's a medication that she's on that's helped things quite a bit. We don't know. I'm just saying the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. You hear this and it's not and it does sound totally heartbreaking, But maybe she does need to be in some sort of facility where her care is managed all the time and she's given her medications when she needs them, and because she's unable to take care of pets and things like that. We just don't. I guess, we just don't know. It is really really heart wrenching to hear her, uh describe the situation that she's in. Again, We I don't know. We can't jump to any conclusions though about it. We thought Brittany need Britney Spears needed freedom. That's got that one wrong.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Missed the mark on that one.
Speaker 1: Got that one wrong.
Speaker 2: Wendy did weigh in on diddy situation. If anybody cares, She said he's spending the rest of his life behind bars.
Speaker 6: That's her projection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she probably knows.
Speaker 1: She probably knows a thing or two, I would think so. The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nine, Jess, you were talking about a wedding trends.
Speaker 5: Yep, so it's twenty five.
Speaker 6: We got a lot of talkbacks.
Speaker 2: We talked, you talked about outfit changes, yes, and someone left his talkback saying it I had three three dresses at my wedding, but she said they were on sale, like she only spent less thani hundred dollars. I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 12: I figured I should follow up my last talkback. There's a website called, I think it's called dhgate or something like that where they will clearance wedding dresses, like really really nice ones. I don't know what it is that makes them do this, but they'll start off with dresses that were hundreds of dollars and take them all the way down to almost nothing. So if anybody ever wants to buy multiple wedding dresses, that's the place to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, she said the website is dhgate or something like that dot com, right, that's what she said. They're dhgate or something like that.
Speaker 2: Ord h nogh, yeah, whatever it is or something like that.
Speaker 1: So try that all the different combos that the spot to get the dresses.
Speaker 9: Hi JV Show. This is Sarah from Conquered weighing in on the wedding topics. I recently went to a wedding that basically didn't do any of the extra stuff, just did the basics like food. DJ. They did have one speech maybe two minutes long, and we went straight to dancing. It was so much fun, just just fun vibes. Ten out of ten DJ, I probably would do it the same. I loved it. I loved it so much.
Speaker 2: See, that would be fun. That'd be fun as a guest. But if I am the bride, I know I want the speeches and everybody honoring me, and I want my first dance, and I want all of.
Speaker 1: That, which is which is totally fine. It's your day, get all that stuff. Just know what the guests want is don't care you lead is more what she described. And I've been to one of my cousin's wedding. They didn't even for the part where they serve, the actual service part where they're getting married. People weren't even sitting down. It was like it was a cocktail party. Everyone was dressed up cocktail party. The whole way through. There weren't even seats for that part. They got up boom, it was super quick. They got married and then right back to like the drinks, dancing, fun and whatever. It wasn't like this big sit down thing where you gotta sit down and listen to the speech and then sit down and wait for your food. You know. It wasn't like that, and it just moved and it was super super fun. I'm just saying, as a bride, you envisioned this day your whole life or whatever, and there's certain things you want do those things. It's your wedding. Just know that the guests just don't care wan at the bar and the dancing.
Speaker 7: Oh sad, Like I'm gonna spend so much money for people to just want to get well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I understand. Because I want to do this.
Speaker 2: Really quick since we're talking about weddings, I want just want to remind everyone that on Saturday, this Saturday, I'm gonna be an old sugar mill at noon from noon to two.
Speaker 6: It's a winery like right outside of Sacramento. And so like if you maybe have a.
Speaker 2: Wedding coming up, or if you know somebody, this is like one of those spots so you can have like your like engagement party or your bridal party or like cute little brunch or something like that. It's a really beautiful venue and they have the best wine and the best little charcouterie boards. And you can even come like sample that with me on Saturday, but you have to register. Go to Walthney for nine dot com slash Old Sugar Mil. It's gonna be less formal with me on Saturday. It's gonna be a little more ratchet.
Speaker 1: I think little drinks. Drink with Selena step aside, Dry January.
Speaker 6: Dry January.
Speaker 2: But you can have all the drink of drinks you want. Ain't nobody stopping you?
Speaker 1: How old is the old Sugar Mill? Asking for a friend?
Speaker 2: I do not know the Old Sugar Mill.
Speaker 1: It sounds old, but I just don't like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm not I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 5: But it's not old, it's vintage.
Speaker 2: Come on it so Walthney Fornin dot com slash Old Sugar Mil if you do want to come through
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine