Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the CEO of the Arbor Day Foundation. It's Dan Lamb.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Dan, good morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're talking trees. We want to get a refresher course. What is so great about trees and why do we need them?
Speaker 2: Well, look, the Arbor Day Foundation, of course we love trees. But what we're realizing more and more is that trees are no longer seen as a nice to have. They are a must have because they do so much for us, especially in our cities and towns, from those being natural air filters helping to create cleaner, safer communities, shading our homes, helping to stop and slow storm water runoff and flooding. If ever there was a time to be planting trees, now is that time?
Speaker 1: Well, and even I've heard talking about in La where there are areas that just don't have a lot of trees, and they're like, we need to plant trees because as they grow up, like you mentioned, they do the shade, they literally cool off neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: No doubt, trees can reduce daytime temperatures by it to ten degrees fahrenheit. And it hasn't just been hot in La it's hot everywhere, and trees are more important than they've ever been. But also more and more research just tells us people are happier and healthier when they're near trees and green space.
Speaker 1: I love that. And so what is the mission, then, Dan of the Arbor Day Foundation.
Speaker 2: The Arbor Day Foundation is actually the largest nonprofit organization in the world dedicated to planting trees. And our simple mission is that we inspire people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. And we do that by planting in front yards and backyards, in cities and parks and in critical forest lands all around the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you want us to plant trees, so for Arbor Day that comes up April twenty fifth, right, and also sorry Earth Month and that kind of stuff. You've partnered up with a pretty large company, and you're going to help people get those trees.
Speaker 2: To plant, right. We want everybody to be planting trees. But we're very excited this year to be partnering with Subaru as a part of their Subru Loves the Earth initiative. Super has a long legacy of working on environmental causes, and we're excited to be partnering with Subaru and more than six hundred retailers across the country to distribute and plant one hundred thousand trees this year, helping people plant in their front yards and backyards, making a difference in cities and towns all across the country.
Speaker 1: Okay, so where are you going to be giving away trees? Do people come buy trees? Where do we get them?
Speaker 2: So it's a great question. Retailers all across the country are participating. You can go and find more information about our partnership and find your local retailer and reserve a tree by going to subru dot com slash earth. And what's happening is we're distributing regionally appropriate trees and there're one gallon trees and they're going to grow up to be critically important parts of the urban forest, the community forest in our cities and towns all around the country.
Speaker 1: Okay, so like here we might get a palm tree or a nice jacaranda tree or something like that. In Oregon, they're going to get different trees.
Speaker 2: Exactly. We're going to make sure the right trees are being sent to the right place to make sure they have the best chance for survival.
Speaker 1: I love it and Dan Lamb, again, where do people go to find out and when they can get the trees and where?
Speaker 2: So that we have more than six hundred Subero retailers we're working with across the country. You can go to Subaru dot com slash earth to find your local retailer and reserve a tree. And if you also just want to learn more information about how to plant trees, how to care for trees, you can go to the Arbor Day Foundation website at arbor day dot org.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, and then Dan, when are these being given away? Is it all month or is it a particular time of the.
Speaker 2: Month throughout We're distributing it throughout the month of April, but each retailer has a specific date that works for them the batch.
Speaker 1: Okay, so go check out the website. Dan Lamb, the CEO of the Arbor Day Foundation, thank you so much for your time. We love trees.
Speaker 2: You're great, have a great arbor Date all right, you too.
Speaker 1: And you guys, they have this list of all the cities where they're doing the tree giveaways. I mean it's like all over southern California. There's Riverside in Carlsbad and let's see that's north of a thousand Oaks and Lake Forest and Temecula, Valencia. I'm just looking through this huge list and trying to pick out the ones that are close to us. A city of industry, Glendale, Ontario, San Bernardino, all over the place. So do go check that out and you could get a free tree. I love planting trees.