Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, I'm back with something for you to think about.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long this episode is gonna be, but it's something that I wanted to talk about. People have normalized mental health issues.
Speaker 1: You heard me.
Speaker 2: People have normalized mental health issues.
Speaker 1: And it's very unfortunate because when you give power.
Speaker 2: To something in your life, it can consume you. You can succumb to it.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: Have labeled themselves and they wear those labels.
Speaker 1: Lack a badge of arms honor. It's horrible. People have normalized mental health issues.
Speaker 2: Mind you, mental health issues that they were not born with. Most people in the world that have mental health issues were not born with those issues. They developed those issues later in life through their lifestyles. They developed those mental health issues because of who and what they allowed in their lives. They developed those mental health issues, and then they normalized them.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what I know. I'm telling you exactly what I know.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have unresolved inner issues which have formed the mindsets that they currently have, and those mindsets.
Speaker 1: Do not.
Speaker 2: Allow them to make good and sound judgment, make good choices and decisions.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are always.
Speaker 2: Making choices and decisions that are against their own best interests because they don't have eyes to see the mindsets that they have.
Speaker 1: You know, it prohibits them.
Speaker 2: It blocks them from being able to see reality, the truth. They see their version of reality, but it's not real. They see what they see based on their wants, their desires, their feelings, their emotions, things like that. But they get into things that are always against their own best interest.
Speaker 1: Then they go through life.
Speaker 2: With all of their unresolved issues, and they compile the issues of other people onto the issues that they've never resolved their own issues. Then life happens, the jobs, the children, the significant others, the neighbors, and so forth. Then it brings about stressors, and these stressors add to the stress in their lives, and that stress becomes an overload which causes people to break down mentally, physically, emotionally. And then the mental health issues come anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts and different and other different things. Oh yeah, that's exactly how it happens. But see, most people in the world do not understand that connection. So I've told you several times about a book that I've written, and any day now I will tell you more details about it so you can go and check it out. But I talk about all of these things in my book. People have normalized mental health. That's why anytime someone do something the unthinkable unthinkable, the first thing.
Speaker 1: You hear is mental health issues. You hear that about a lot of.
Speaker 2: Non black people. When it's black people, you rarely hear it's mental health. They're just crazy and savages because that's what people have been taught to believe. But when it's non black people, oh, it's mental health. No, it's stressed overload. They caused them to succumb to the already negative thoughts that they were having because they were unhappy people, already unheal hearts and minds.
Speaker 1: Then they have these negative.
Speaker 2: Thoughts and they succumb to those negative thoughts because they gave power to those negative thoughts.
Speaker 1: You know how they gave power.
Speaker 2: They gave power to those negative thoughts listening to other negative people.
Speaker 1: Or researching negative things to do.
Speaker 2: So if you're researching things, you're thinking about what you're researching, you're developing negative feelings behind all of those.
Speaker 1: Negative thoughts, and you keep giving power.
Speaker 2: The more you think about it, the more you think about it, the more you think about it, regardless of what it is, until you succumb to it. And now people want to say mental health issues.
Speaker 1: For people.
Speaker 2: Some people they were just struggling beforehand because of unhealed hearts and minds. You have to understand the connection. Any person alive can have PTSD. Some people are so ignorant to the fact that they think you have to be in the military just to have PTSD.
Speaker 1: Anything can cause you PTSD. You can be traveling down the street and have a near.
Speaker 2: A wreck or have almost you know, a near accident and it was so traumatic for you that could cause PTSD. You can see somebody else have a rate that could cause PTSD. You can see a dog getting ran over that to cause you PTSD. There are so many ways a person can develop PTSD. But it's such a grandiose thing these days, or I have PTSD when people really, really really they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't like going around saying I got PTSD.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying so it's lifestyle. It's experiences. The bottom line of it all experiences bad experiences that causes people.
Speaker 1: To have.
Speaker 2: PTSD and other mental health issues. Stress can be good or bad. Good stress can become bad and I'll give you an example. You're getting married.
Speaker 1: That's great. It could be stressful, but that's great.
Speaker 2: But then all of the things leading up to the wedding can make that good stress bad. So there everything don't have to come from trauma, is what I'm trying to tell you. That can become stressful. It does not have to come from trauma. But most people, it's trauma or some bad experiences that they have not dealt with, not cope with, not allowed to heal and release those things. In stad they go through life powering it on, you know, powering other things on top of what they have not dealt with already, and it just becomes too much to bear. And we've all heard of people who got old in their seventies and eighties and then they committed suicide. Still went to their grades talking about stuff that happened when they were kids.
Speaker 1: The past don't hold on to us. We hold on to the past through our memories, our thoughts.
Speaker 2: For people empower those memories that give so much power to those memories to make them feel like they're living those things currently when it's been over for years and years and years and years, but they still feel the strong effects because that's how much power they give to those thoughts and then lifestyles, drugging alcohol into dark side, you know, the dark side, doing very nefarious things in toxic relationships. All of it and much much more can lead to mental breakdown. A person don't have to totally break down to develop depression or to develop anxiety or suicidal thoughts, etc.
Speaker 1: Etc.
Speaker 2: But it's just too many people in the world today claiming mental health health issues.
Speaker 1: Proudly, and especially on the jobs.
Speaker 2: So many people, unfortunately a lot of people use mental health issues as an advantage, especially at work, you know, getting reasonable accommodations and things like that. And you know, I believe that when people do things the wrong way, it always comes back to you some way, somehow, in some form of fashion. But it just goes to show you the mindsets that people have.
Speaker 1: There are so many more than not people. So many people love unheal hearts and minds, and.
Speaker 2: Because of it, they go through life and oftentimes make life much much harder than it needs to be because of what's already there that has not been dealt with. And then they compile life people things on top of what's there, and then you get these different mental health issues that people normalize.
Speaker 1: You should not be.
Speaker 2: Comfortable or complacent with having something.
Speaker 1: That you know you was not born with.
Speaker 2: I know, in life things happen and things change and this and that, but you should not normalize it. It should be something that you're working on to become better, to get rid of it, not something that you're just taking medication to mask, because medication is not fixing what's wrong.
Speaker 1: It's masking what's wrong, and it only make things.
Speaker 2: Worse in other areas you take your medication, you begin to have other issues because that's what medication do. It have a lot of side effects. So people normalize mental health the different issues, and they just accept it, embrace it, and never try to be better when you should always try to live your life without taking medication.
Speaker 1: Now though that.
Speaker 2: Necessary sometimes, but I'm saying with things like this, you know you wasn't born with it, so you need to try to work to get passed whatever it is that caused you to have those issues in the first place. And medication will only keep you in the same state of mind. It will not make you better. It may make you feel better because you're not feeling the anxiety, the depression or whatever it is at the moment, because the medication is masking it. But if that's all you're doing is.
Speaker 1: Taking medication, you're normalizing the condition. You've accepted it, you're.
Speaker 2: Embracing it, and you normalize it, you become so comfortable with that condition, and you just take medication pop pills, pop pills every time you feel the symptom, pop pills, pop pills. But that's not fixing the problem. And that is the societies we're living in. All around the world, people have normalized anxiety, depression, bipolar, all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: When they was not born with those conditions.
Speaker 2: All my life, all my adult life, I've dealt with people with issues all my adult life. Any position I've ever held, I've dealt with people from all walk of life with issues, mental health issues.
Speaker 1: Or issues of stress. I think I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I've had many, many years of experience, many many years, at least thirty for sure, hands down at least thirty. That's why I can talk about so many different things because I've had so many experiences. I've dealt with so many people with their own experiences in and out of country. Male female adolescent teenager elderly in different environments such as corrections, mental health, psychiatric hospitals, in school detention centers, juveniles.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: From all walks of life, all walks of life, military, civilian. So I think I can speak on it. And I've seen so much. I've seen people use and abuse their labels like it's nothing, and I've seen people wear them like badges of arm honor.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to share.
Speaker 2: What I'm seeing, what I'm hearing when it comes to people normalizing mental health issues, and I mean people from the top down, celebrities, politicians, you name it, own them normalizing it.
Speaker 1: When you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: That should never be an option in your life to normalize it. Making pills for the rest of your life, not working on the problem, just taking pills to masket is not benefiting you, keeping you in the same negative mindset.
Speaker 1: And that's it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I pray you get something out of it, or someone gets something out of it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing, because I know you're gonna share. I appreciate you so much for stopping by and listening.
Speaker 2: Much much love to each and every one of you in every episode the same and I hope and pray you do it, thank going it,