Speaker 1: Don't touch that dial because there's nothing else on.
Speaker 2: You might just as well listen to Blondie.
Speaker 1: Blondie rebroadcast for the Servicemen and Women of the United Nations with Penny Singleton and Author Lake as Blondie and Dagwood Bumpstead, respectively. Before we join the Bumpstead for Shady Lane Avenue, let's gather around the band stand for curtain raiser from Lenny conn and his orchestra.
Speaker 3: Raise that curtain lymb.
Speaker 4: Bab Dry mother add.
Speaker 1: And I'm prong weekly visit with our neighbors, the Monstads of Dandy Laide Avenue.
Speaker 3: Oh well, just at the moment, things are very quiet this afternoon.
Speaker 5: That the thumb said.
Speaker 2: Hope.
Speaker 6: Uh well, that's the moment just passed.
Speaker 1: And now there's gonna be a little action. In just a second, the phone is going to ring. There we are, and here comes Bundy toast.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I wonder yesterday I just talked to Courts an hour ago.
Speaker 6: Hello, why do you back jail?
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Jagline.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, it's hot today. Why are you I'm at jail? Oh well, I hope it isn't as hot air as it is here.
Speaker 5: Because it's in jail.
Speaker 7: I've been arrested before, jay walking, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: I've been arrested off the suion of bank robbery.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, Dagg's been awful Sunday.
Speaker 6: Did you rob as the ft Pational bank?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, I mean, and that's the one I think I off yesterday afternoon?
Speaker 6: Him niss, bossy, I said, will you come on down him out away and get me out of jail.
Speaker 5: I'm not happy here, all right, bag, But.
Speaker 6: I'll get mister Gist to meet there. I'll call him right out.
Speaker 8: Okay, I mean goodbye.
Speaker 9: He's Jacy Dennis Consruction Company, office of JAC Dennis, President of the Jac Dennis Construction Company JAC.
Speaker 2: Dinners, saying hello, hello, Oh hello brother Pray. Do you know where Dagwood is? He should be in the office working. He's in jail. Oh but wait, who gave him permission to go there?
Speaker 10: Mis?
Speaker 8: Did your day arrest him.
Speaker 5: For robbing your third national bank yesterday afternoon?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dare he rub a bank?
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 2: There's company times. He was supposed to be working for me, not himself.
Speaker 4: But wasn't he working for you yesterday afternoon?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 2: That's right? He was in the office all afternoon.
Speaker 8: Well, then he couldn't rob the dead.
Speaker 2: Why of course not. Listen, Army to don the jail Brumby, and we'll get him right out.
Speaker 8: Oh, deg mister, you'd be a help.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not anxious to help. But every minute he spends hoping in that nice, cool jail is costing me money.
Speaker 4: Good bye, Yeah, real dag, who now did you free?
Speaker 6: Just through that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and enjoy your chocolate today.
Speaker 4: And tell us what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why should they think he'd wanter rob a bank? Yeah?
Speaker 11: They know, you know, as I know that crime doesn't say yeah, but they know as I know that the Dinner's company doesn't pay either.
Speaker 2: Hi, don't be so ungrateful, and I'll explain things.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, Blondie, you know or what I've been telling you about that dreams I've been having lately.
Speaker 8: Oh, yes, it's sort of interesting, mister Dithers.
Speaker 6: Y dad would have been dreaming things that come true later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why, mister dinner And who makes your dreams come true? A Perry govnable precious? Oh cut it out, jac Well, and and.
Speaker 7: Mister, don't you dare say another word until I find out why they arrested.
Speaker 6: Dad went on suspicion at bank robbery.
Speaker 8: Now goinga that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, the other night I dreamt that the First National Bank would be held up. So when I went in there yesterday morning, I told mister Hoops the cashier did, yeah, that the bank was gonna be held up in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: He wasn't much amused, particularly after he got held up.
Speaker 11: I I guess he told the police what I said and they.
Speaker 6: Grabbed me this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh well, what are some of these other dreams you've been happen?
Speaker 7: Well, well, Dag would dream that the asking market would tell me some clothes kings, and sure enough they did.
Speaker 2: What that's practically a miracle man a.
Speaker 11: And you know that property that the Hamilcar company bought for their factory last week?
Speaker 2: Yes, what about it? I dream they uh did it?
Speaker 6: A week before they did it?
Speaker 2: Of course, dream bums tag? Yeah, oh why didn't you buy the property yourself make a profit? See I never dreamed about that. I I mean I I never thought about it either. Happy what a dope? It not water this way?
Speaker 7: Oh please, mister did remember you are talking about my dream man?
Speaker 2: Yes, a nightmare I call 'em.
Speaker 7: Now, Dag would Why didn't you buy that property yourself?
Speaker 2: Now, well, how could I tell the dream was coming true? After all?
Speaker 11: Last night I dreamt that today mister Dinis would find a ten dollar bill, and you haven't found one half of JC?
Speaker 5: Well, have you knit the diddy?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't been a day night.
Speaker 11: I dnt that Brondie bought a pair of nylons at the little place right next door here to this drug store.
Speaker 5: Nylon nicked door.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh, I don't do this bomps.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, this whole thing is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: We all know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole m.
Speaker 6: M.
Speaker 2: He gives a good soda, mm grumps swift, there goes my school food. Good grief, five thumb stands. Frank, look what I bomb, folly monk a ten dollar bill? Huh, your dream came true? Yeah, say bump stack. You can see into the future. Oh and now that's silly, JC, that's silly. How can I see into the future without a crystal ball?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: This is amazing? Yeah, there's a fortune in it. Stock market, nail of seats, boil whls, bingos dag went, old friend, I want to make you a proposition. You do I tried daggy old friend of mine. What you did is, whenever you smile and call me an old friend of yours, I know you've got lost me in your heart.
Speaker 11: Oh bombs, you're trying to figure out some way of swiddling me out of something. And I ain't suppose I'll be a sucker as usual, I suppose, so, so let's get out of this, pat. I want to buy exclusive rights for all your dreams and the contents thereof.
Speaker 6: Mm.
Speaker 2: And would that mean I'd have to ask your permission to have a dream. No, I wouldn't think so. Mm. But you'll have to tell me what your dreams are about whenever you have them.
Speaker 6: Hm.
Speaker 2: Well, what do you say, daggie, old buddy? Well did the old buddy duddy?
Speaker 6: You haven't to mention any sum of money yet.
Speaker 11: As per the uh party of the second part ipso facto.
Speaker 2: All yes, money. Yeah, well, I'll give you five dollars a week for your.
Speaker 9: Dream if, well, I don't know, five dollars a week seems right, ten dollars then?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, gee, I was just gonna say that five dollars a week seems like a lot for my dreams. Oh well, don't worry moms. Ten.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm gonna make a fortune on your dreams. I'm gonna make so much money that'll be even some left after I pay taxes on it. Believe me, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have believed this could happen if I hadn't found that ten dollars.
Speaker 7: Would look, I got three your doll along good for all day?
Speaker 6: My dream was right again.
Speaker 7: He'd fallen down behind the shelves, and the saleswoman had jumped down them, and they.
Speaker 6: Didn't happen to be hearty, you know, moms.
Speaker 9: Ten huh, don't forget that you sold me the rights to your dreams for ten dollars a week.
Speaker 7: Oh, dead wood, it's worth twenty five fifty times if not, well a blondie.
Speaker 2: He hasn't paid me any money yet to bind the contract.
Speaker 10: Oh, here's twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: Take it, take it, dag rud well, I promise i'd take to.
Speaker 2: Don't stuff dag with me. Now we're go and pay for the soldiers. Oh, thank you, I'll be right back. Step boys. Twenty bucks.
Speaker 6: Now see here, mister Bromby, don't.
Speaker 2: Try to talk me out of my contract with him. He's stuck with him. Pay I'm gonna make a fortune out of his and he can't tell his dreams to anyone but leave.
Speaker 7: Mister Gidde, did you ever stop to think that dag would might talk finish Lee? What?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I hate to be mercenary, but I'm the businessman in.
Speaker 7: Our house and I expect to be cutting in on my husband's dreams.
Speaker 5: And if you don't want to cooperate with me, I'll just listen. Name a dag would talk to a sleep and sell the information to someone else?
Speaker 6: Oh, Brombie, is that fairly?
Speaker 7: A dream with a lot of inside information could be very valuable? Now really talk business, is Jugida?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll give you a ten percent of all I make from Dagward's.
Speaker 5: Dree misjudgis I want seventy five percent?
Speaker 9: Seventy five Why that's ridiculous the most I've ever give us fifty present sols.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I spoke too soon? Well, Dog paid for a blonde chest in the stay I I I uh, I guess I didn't tell you JC about another dream I had last night was very exciting for of course any greatful.
Speaker 10: Oh no.
Speaker 11: The annual boat race between the East Side and the west side, And boy, what a race?
Speaker 7: Why Dad, would I've raced tomorrow last year?
Speaker 10: I know it?
Speaker 2: Hey, I just thought of something. Why this will be worth a fortune to me? There were what that pigs? Well, Cora's been thinking about where we're going for our vacation. Ah, it's the same old business. The seashore or the mountains.
Speaker 9: Cora wants to go to the mountains and look at the scenery, and you wanna go to the seashore and look at the girl.
Speaker 10: Now no, well, what's races?
Speaker 2: I'm giman.
Speaker 6: And if that's news to me, bomb stare. Excuse me, mister DIDs.
Speaker 5: What did your vacation have to be with dag with dreams.
Speaker 2: And the boat race?
Speaker 8: Smile?
Speaker 9: Well, dag Wood will tell me which side won the race and his dreams, then I'll get caught to bet with me that if the side I fixed wins the race, I can choose where we go coverzations.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, this is gonna be wonderful. Yeah, yeah, it is as well. I did to get it, but it had one tiny little weakness. Oh what's that in my dream?
Speaker 6: I uh didn't see.
Speaker 4: Who won the race?
Speaker 6: Oh, dag would would Dad.
Speaker 2: Well against it.
Speaker 11: Both boats grew forward the finish line, and everyone was cheering and yelling and screaming, Yes, what happens?
Speaker 6: The alarm clock went off.
Speaker 7: Oh dear, give that all you remember about the race.
Speaker 2: We will rommy you you make it. Get out of bed.
Speaker 8: And I haven't learned yet.
Speaker 11: How to continue my dream and brush my teeth at the same time, say.
Speaker 2: N maybe he can dread the race all over again, godwin? And how do you feel right now?
Speaker 11: Right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, I feel fine, Thank you very chipper. And right away? Well, h don't you feel a little drowsy from sure, sir? I practically sweep myself, yes, gag.
Speaker 5: But after your experience in jail, who is you? I fear?
Speaker 6: Oh that's the excuse me.
Speaker 2: I'm not a bit sleeping.
Speaker 10: Where am I?
Speaker 8: Dagage?
Speaker 2: Better?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Right home making photopha dream now?
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no, I couldn't sleep when I ought to be working for mister.
Speaker 10: Did it always all right with me?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 9: Oh no, no, I just couldn't sleep on the couch on company time? Or why not you sleep at your desk on company time constantly?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Please dag wits?
Speaker 2: Well, noll, I don't say I'm willing to ride down on the couch and rest my eyes a little bit.
Speaker 8: But it's Spiva typically absolutely.
Speaker 2: Refused to go to staper not finally a right, oh, blondie, I can't tend to listen to much more of this. I've got to treat you myself.
Speaker 8: Will o K if.
Speaker 6: He said something?
Speaker 2: Boy boy, look at him? Go wow wo.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he's dreaming of the boat drinks.
Speaker 2: All right, well, then this wonderful. I've always wanted to be able to decide where to go on my vacation, but it's impossible when you're married.
Speaker 8: Mister.
Speaker 7: You know, I never fought dad, but to go where I wanna go for a vacation, you don't. I just say, dag, but I am going to the mountains.
Speaker 8: You wanna come along?
Speaker 10: And he always says.
Speaker 2: Yes, women are so sweet and reasonable.
Speaker 6: Come whoa it must see the race?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah? I bumped out. Watch that race? Please see what both w yay?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Who won? Who won the race?
Speaker 10: Right? Who won the race?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 6: Sure was dreaming?
Speaker 2: Was I mag wi?
Speaker 7: I did your dream about the boat race again?
Speaker 4: The race is going to be hell tomorrow last?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right?
Speaker 11: I Oh what a race the guys, and they both are growing like mad right up.
Speaker 6: To the fill.
Speaker 10: Did you see the finish?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I turned away to get a hot dog and miss it. Oh that matta.
Speaker 11: You know you gotta get off me.
Speaker 2: I've got tell him. Oh you dribbling, drilling, drip.
Speaker 8: M you forced me to get tough abouptings.
Speaker 2: Oh, Robbie, let's call my ears.
Speaker 11: All right, you let go dag with tea gone birt alright, if you're going to be sensitive about it, got better, yeah, bangs bums chair.
Speaker 2: Huh. This is the only chance I've ever had to take a vacation where I wanna take it, the only chance ten years and years and a few years.
Speaker 6: I don't primate the disney.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just can't help it. So then, will you please go back with me forgetting m No, I'm right away now.
Speaker 8: Oh jag, But you've gotta go back to see.
Speaker 6: This could give me once to know whether it's the East.
Speaker 7: Ice Boat or the Red Skye Boat is going to win. Now, dere s, please see if you can't take another's little now, No, I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't do it now, Blindie bombs Sime, I haven't say torn sleeve. No, I can't possibly well, I'm not gonna stand run any more foolish A fine, put your big fat head down on that tail. Now wait a minute, come on, I'm close your broken down eyes. Yeah, how you say me?
Speaker 10: Now, I'm gone ye.
Speaker 2: And if you're not off in ten minutes, I'll come back and rock you to sleep, whether or not.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think he's seeking him. Man, you see this, there's still be interested to be very quiet?
Speaker 2: Alright, Bumby. Oh I hope he remembers which both wins the race this time I gonna win back batch with Cora.
Speaker 5: Oh, poor darling is found as the poor john.
Speaker 7: Oh, you get an help, give me be careful, don't step on Daisy's tail, don't swat on hoo sleet.
Speaker 10: Cut out.
Speaker 2: Come on to my port, your low bred, squalling ll tempered sleep.
Speaker 7: Arm.
Speaker 2: Me it.
Speaker 8: What't happened?
Speaker 10: What's going on?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Get back to your sleeping bump stairs.
Speaker 11: You get you, get off Davy's tail, get out of this room before I kick you.
Speaker 2: Out, and then minute forget it. Now, I don't pick Davy.
Speaker 11: That's out that hey, go ahead kick him day you get him, get him tip he hold house.
Speaker 2: Make a my like you Mary I'm calling sto.
Speaker 5: There's stop feezing jags.
Speaker 4: You only get her excited.
Speaker 2: Oh who ruh? Sure, Thumb said, what were you dreaming about it? Well?
Speaker 10: It was sort of about the river ray?
Speaker 2: Oh good? Who was Well? I wasn't really dreaming about the race, mister did it? I was just dreaming that I was dreaming about it. So it wasn't a real dream, but it dream of a dreams.
Speaker 11: That's Oh, yes, you do you understand?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, I understand it perfect. Yeah, it couldn't be any clearer. Well, there's only one thing to do now, how what that? Come on? Bump said, get on my life?
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh that is a nice dinner, love me?
Speaker 6: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: I uh wonder where Dagwood is, you.
Speaker 8: Know, michig it is.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be surprised that dad Wood was taking a little after dinner ass right now.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised either. I know he's taking him out.
Speaker 5: Well, as a matter of fact, I know he'll take an ass too. You see, I put a sleeping kill in his glass of milk?
Speaker 2: You did? Was that wrong? I don't know. I dose up his milk too.
Speaker 6: Oh how many pills did you put in.
Speaker 2: I don't know exactly. It was a sort of a level handful. I just wanted to be sure. I'd tell him just something about I haven't there.
Speaker 6: Oh holy oh, what is it? Cause he daddy's down a pop punking is hard. He's walked, you know, nory.
Speaker 7: Oh, down to sleep, so do while he just laid down him and there Ago, I know he's down to sleep.
Speaker 4: Didn't wake up when I hit him in the face with my raggedy and down.
Speaker 2: Are you sure he wasn't really awake and just pretending to be asleep?
Speaker 5: Yep, I don't get him again to make sure.
Speaker 6: Oh, mister Dinars, we'd better go right in and see.
Speaker 8: If he's all right.
Speaker 2: Oh, he'll be alright.
Speaker 6: Those tales are pretty weak. Well, I don't know about him, and I want air.
Speaker 2: Oh listen to those beautiful para shaped snores. Uh huh sounds like a prog with a man in his throat.
Speaker 6: Mister disres, I'm worried about this.
Speaker 5: I ain't going to wake him up and see if he feels all right.
Speaker 2: Now, Brown, he don't do that.
Speaker 6: Oh, but I don't wanna take any chances.
Speaker 11: Jack did rub my own Jack would now.
Speaker 8: Y'all, y'p.
Speaker 9: Dear, I'm I'm stay wait okay, good morning, honey, Good morning, precious.
Speaker 6: Oh oh he's really young. I'm going to chase him.
Speaker 8: Dag would wake up?
Speaker 7: Oh, dag, good, wake up?
Speaker 6: Oh oh, I'm not mister, give this dag black draggingly, mister disard, Oh dead.
Speaker 2: I'll get close to yelling. Is he?
Speaker 10: Yall?
Speaker 11: I'm fine?
Speaker 6: Good night, darling.
Speaker 8: Oh dear, he's a sleeper.
Speaker 5: Dear, mister dinner.
Speaker 7: Why don't you come back tomorrow and we'll see if he's dreamed about the race.
Speaker 2: Alright, Blumby, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.
Speaker 10: Oh, horsie, wake up.
Speaker 2: It's two o'clock is afternoon. The race is gonna start any minute.
Speaker 6: Those sleeping tills really worked on him.
Speaker 5: He was a wasted a couple of times this morning, but he still right off to sleep.
Speaker 2: Dame, go to grief. Two o'clock the racer started. I've got a call Cora and make my bed with it.
Speaker 7: But you don't know which both dad woul dreams would be the winner.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Blumby, hand me that picture of ice water.
Speaker 6: Oh mister, do you really think you should.
Speaker 2: How can you ask that when you're shoving the picture righter than my hand.
Speaker 5: Well, time's a wasting or you'll make an awful yell.
Speaker 2: Well, it's for a good cause me the riding dam did you light bur on my back?
Speaker 6: Well, I've been birdived, Blondie.
Speaker 2: Get cor on the phone right away, by rights?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, Dad, would both won the race and your grief? H huh east side of the west Side boat, same morning, mister Davis. It's good afternoon.
Speaker 11: Who oh, yes, well the way I dreamed that the race was won by good afternoon.
Speaker 6: Let's good afternoon, honey.
Speaker 5: Well, haven't you got a good morning?
Speaker 6: You call me to d after anymore?
Speaker 2: Your girls as Oh, for the love of peace, kind of corna conna? Stop race until I find out who wants.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, here, take a phone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you're kid darling?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: Hello, Cora, I'll tell you about I'm betting on as soon as I can prize that went away from Brombi.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, won't play it all?
Speaker 6: Oh you's a ya.
Speaker 2: Who wants that? Would I've got Cora hanging on the other end of this home. Oh oh yeah, oh, and let me thank you for many.
Speaker 7: You know they're going to signals the winner today with one shot.
Speaker 6: From the cannon at the east side and two for the rest side.
Speaker 5: We'll be able to sail right away.
Speaker 2: Now hurry out. Oh wait a minute, wait, and now I remember, yeah, I remember who won? Okay, car, yes, I remember that. If my boat comes in and we go to the sea shore for our vacation, is that it. The navy boat won. The Navy boat car all you later. Well, I guess that's last, and I've got nothing the navy boat? Yes?
Speaker 10: Or did I pray there's.
Speaker 2: Only an east side boat in the west side boat. Oh wait, mister dithers Bog said, one of you talk to me. I think I'll go back to sleep again.
Speaker 6: I know you are.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna struggle this week.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, mister, there was something in the papers this morning about there.
Speaker 6: Being a possibility of a navy boat being entered.
Speaker 7: Some of the boys who were sailors got together and we're going to rent a boat to row in the ray.
Speaker 2: And that's the way it was in my drink.
Speaker 7: One't you the eight side boat won?
Speaker 11: No, the west side Okay, No, it's just a sailors one happened.
Speaker 2: I know they want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm going to the sea shore class. Oh he's wonderful song hosts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wooh oh, oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Mister Didney, certainly you pleased about winning the death from court.
Speaker 11: Uh you know, Uh, I guess didn't have the heart to tell mister Didde about the rest of my dream Blondie.
Speaker 8: Oh what is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I dreamt it.
Speaker 11: No matter whether Mrs Dinners whe or not, Missus Dinners is still going to make him go to the mountains.