Speaker 1: What's going down? Everybody? If you haven't heard, I've got my ebook called Painting Trading Cards by Ryan Pineff out. Now, if you want to learn about altered art cards, if you want to see my process, my tips, my tricks, if you want to learn how to alter cards yourself, or if you're just interested in the history and the cultural impact of alters on games like Magic the Gathering, head on over to commandercookout dot com. Pick up your copy today. You'll learn lots, you'll pick up a new hobby, you'll refine your current hobby, and in doing so, you're gonna support all the stuff we do here at the Commander Cookout media group.
Speaker 2: Big thanks, Hey listen, commented who Go Podcast episode four fifty one on Branda. I'm here with Ryan. Are you ever gonna get globed?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are theme? So?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Ron? We'll rat forget another whirlwind adventure. How you doing good?
Speaker 1: What is going down?
Speaker 2: Whole bunch is going down? We're going to get.
Speaker 1: Globed' Oh yeah, rib it o'clock bitches.
Speaker 2: Very excited to make all the frog jokes and then say the word glorb over and over against It's my current favorite word. You got some stories to tell, some people to thank. Before we get to any of that stuff, though, we have to thank our official business daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot Com. They are your source for all your gaming needs and also Pile of Bones brewing code the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, and they are the official beer sponsor of c CEO Sidewalk Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I forgot to do?
Speaker 2: Tell me?
Speaker 1: Forgot to message Thomas about being on Sidewalk Slam, the first one that we're filming in the damn studio. Yes, the damn studio. Big thanks to the dufferent Aviymedia Network studio and producer Gary for letting us be here. And big thanks to Pile of Bones for the delicious beer that we're gonna drink on and during and after and before Sidewalk Slam when we play. Yeah, buddy, and big thank you. Diffusion Gaming Online dot Com your source for all your bloomber own needs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get frogs and get jokes and squirrels.
Speaker 1: You can glarb yourself fishes.
Speaker 2: You can just glarb onto all the cards that you can possibly glarb and glarb them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna glarb them, so loar.
Speaker 2: I think glarb is like a verb and a noun.
Speaker 1: I am going to I'm going to glarb CEO Summer Promo code at checkout to get five percent off my order.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna glarb yourself some money on things you were gonna buy anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you buy a booster box and you get five percent off, that's like getting free booster pack.
Speaker 2: And I mean, who doesn't want that?
Speaker 1: I got a free booster pack the other day from Bennett had a Fox Chase in it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty cool Fox Chase. I might play that.
Speaker 2: Out there in Cecoland if you've opened any kind of Bloomboro packs, I am personally curious because we saw lots of it. We call them furry planes walkers opened Like a disproportionate number of them were opened at EDH and M on Thursday. Oh, there's like four people, five people open packs. Four of us got one, and they're all different, which is cool. So I'm just curious in your opening experience if you have any, did you get one? Like have you seen them falling like rain like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because in my in my box, there was one. I think, No, there wasn't. There wasn't even one in my box, so like, I mean, of course there wasn't. But we just opened a bunch of them the other day, and so I'm curious if they're more common than I thought, or what the what the gimmick is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I got one of a card that I'm going to play or that I do play in a deck, So I think I will play this one.
Speaker 2: I got one of a card that I used to play.
Speaker 1: Which one did you get?
Speaker 2: Narset?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that the frog one?
Speaker 2: No, that's Nissa, that's Nis. Well, if I got the frog one, you would have heard about it. Oh yes, I'd be wearing it. You would have been glarbing all over your I'd be glarbing that thing on a glob around my glob Yeah, you'd you'd.
Speaker 1: Be globing your purple's your purple globers.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, Well, hey we're here, we've got a deck. Big thanks to all of the people said thanks to big thanks to everybody who went out and got my ebook. I super appreciate that. It was a ton of work. And if you're interested in picking up or learning how to do any altered art magic cards, your own customization on your own decks, and you don't want to commission meet it do it?
Speaker 2: Well, why wouldn't you, Well maybe they want to do it themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, they do it yourself. As the handyman, the jacks of all trades, the globs of all trades, I guess, the jack of all globs.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, there we go, There we go. Commander cucoa dot com. It's available in the shop. There is a few like exclusive altered cards that I did specifically for sections in the book as well. You can get those there too. There's three of them left at the time of this recording. So again, big thanks, tons of work. I'm happy that people like it or they're reviewing it or picking it up just to make me feel better whatever it is. I appreciate that a little support can go a long way. Yeah, very much so. And a little support Patreon dot com, slash Cocio podcast, that's where you go if you want to get in on the planning for Regina coming up, Toronto coming up, Calgary coming up, and we're already having people confirm for all of these different dates. And they're all getting after me and they're like, yeah, I know, I know you're not on this one yet because I do them one at a time or else my eyeballs will go cross. Yes, but I do them one at a time. And our good friend Keel and Peepee Peter Procop Oh shit, yeah, just confirmed for Calgary.
Speaker 2: Man, Calgary's gonna be lights out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be so fun. It's man, it's gonna be so fun. So if you're coming to the Face to Face Games Championship Weekend, Calgary, November fourteen, fifteen six fifteen, sixteen seventeen. Sure, sure, it's like the third weekend in Calgary. I guess. Let us know what you want to do, what you want to see? Do you want to play with us? Do you want to jumpstart? Do you want to glar ball over each other? Do you want to play open flippy dog drinkie at the Unicorn Which probably won't happen because that place is fricking busy all the time. But we can find somewhere to go. If there's enough people, we can get a house and make it like a full CEO experience. Maybe we'll even ask producer Gary to.
Speaker 2: Come probably you want to go to Calgary. Okay, he carries down. He's in. If you want to meet the master, the idea man behind all this shit, he'll be there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cookie, that's cookie to think that. Holy So, So if you're if you're in the Patreon discord, it's one of the benefits we have. We have Regina, Toronto and Calgary threads to say that you're going start the planning, collaborate if you have to drive all that stuff. So it's all available in the discord if you're a patron. So looking very forward to seeing It's going to be so fun, so fun. I'm already excited and it's like months away still.
Speaker 2: Yes, speaking of excited, excited.
Speaker 1: We got glarb. Let's get onto what we're here for. Yeah, Glarb, Let's get glarb. And this is a deck from John caused Lawski.
Speaker 2: John Cobbs Lawsky.
Speaker 1: I think we've done decks by him before.
Speaker 2: I think I recognized the screen name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John Jerkoffski, that's what I'm gonna call him.
Speaker 2: I like that. Actually, that's a good yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what, you know what I like. I like that he gave us a game plan outline. In his deck page, because this is a damn dirty, stinking, rotten combo deck. Oh yeah, and that's right up my alley, right up my glob, and it's right up your glob because while.
Speaker 2: Garb because Glarb o correct.
Speaker 1: So we've got the deck list here. Do you want to start at like that globe?
Speaker 2: We should read what just because we like him so much, it doesn't mean that everybody else out there knows what he does?
Speaker 1: You know what? He isn't my favorite frog?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like you drunk and what I wish?
Speaker 2: Listen here, I like Flubbs. Flubbs can take a hike, he can get Glarbed Glob is the best frog. Okay, he is handsome and he is very good. If he directed damage was indestructible, he would be the best.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna do. If I build a Flubs the fool deck, tell me I'm gonna put a brash taunter in it and kill.
Speaker 2: You with it. You better, you can try better?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, okay, So Glarb Calamities Augur is a two four frog wizard Noble Oh we could play Noble the deck sure? Okay? For black Green, Blue death Touch, you may look at the top card of your library. Anytime sick, you may play lands and cast spells with man of value four or greater from the top of your library sick and tap surveil too nice, And to surveil, we would look at the top two cards of our library, and we can put any number of them back on top or on the bottom, not in the graveyard. Yep, frick, I said that wrong.
Speaker 2: So you're drawing them no matter what you do, you draw them into your second hand, or you're gonna leave them for your other shitty.
Speaker 1: Well, they go back on top and you can just cast them from on top.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So you're drawing them into one of three hands, your hand hand on top of your library hand with your third hand tripod hand. Yeah, trybod hand like a baby's Armhold an apple exactly. Yeah. Babies just just you.
Speaker 2: I can't even hold apples. They can't even hold their heads up.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so remarkable that.
Speaker 2: Babies are so weak.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so remarkable that you have an appendant on your body that looks like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but it's just like, how do people know what that looks like creepers.
Speaker 1: If we were in like the fourteen hundreds, man, you would have burned me as a witch. No, I would I would have called your morning star Brando.
Speaker 2: It would have used me as the witch burning pool.
Speaker 1: Better, yes, sir, Okay, let's start at the mana. Let's start at the mana, and then we're gonna go into the reduction section, because of what kind of combo deck would we be if we're not trying to cast stuff for zero frickings exactly right, Okay, so let's let me. I just gotta scroll down to find the right section because you know deck stats.
Speaker 2: We are on deck stats, and that's for us and for you because you have to watch us muddle through this horrifically terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I found it. I found it. I found it. Okay, okay, okay, I'll read through them, and the ones that are weird again, because they're not stacked, they're just all there. Yeah, the ones that are weird, will stop and read okay, okay, sol Ring, let's stop and read it. Just kidding, yeah, Sol Ring, Arcane Signet Clement, the worry Wart.
Speaker 2: Another frog that's a new and that's a frog gets a three to three for simic and wan with vig. Whenever it or another creature we control enters the battlefield up to one target creature we control with lesser man of value goes back to our hand. So I didn't say that correctly, but it comes in or another creature comes in, you can bounce something that costs less back.
Speaker 1: To our hand. We're gonna have to remember that. That's a good one to start on, yes, And I remember in the review I was like, ooh, this is a little bit of like a This is a little bit of a Cloudstone curio mixed with birthing pod where you go down the chain right where I play something, bounce something smaller, play that thing because we're playing cost reducers, bounce something smaller, and then play that third thing probably at this point for free it.
Speaker 2: And also why it's in the ramp manner generating section. Frogs we have taped for green or blue that we can only use to play creatures.
Speaker 1: And this is a frog. Glarb is a frog. We have a cliff Top Lookout which is a frog. That's our next card. It's a three drop one two with reach. When it enters revealed cards from the top of your libraryuntil you reveal a land. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped, and the rest in the bottom of any order. So it's like it's kind of like cascade frog, but you cascade into a land.
Speaker 2: What's that there's a card that does that. It's an abundance you abundance like one time put the lane.
Speaker 1: I actually like this card. I must have missed this one when I kind of like that for my cascade deck. Yeah, and it's got reach. So after I kind of do the thing with him, I'm not gonna bounce him in a cascade deck. I'm just gonna block with him. He's gonna die.
Speaker 2: Lots of frogs should have reached because they jump very high.
Speaker 1: What they got long tongues? I guess that also, Yes, yes, I think frog tongue from like tempest reach gave reach or could block with flying Yeah, yep, that was the thing, Okay. Oracle of Muldaya Extra Land Land on top Solemn Simulacrum Search for.
Speaker 2: A land, Avatar of Growth.
Speaker 1: Avatar of Growth. This doesn't seem like a like a ramp card because it's six Manna green Green four. This spell costs one last to cast for each opponent you have, so really it costs.
Speaker 2: Three in green one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for four to four. Then it gets actually good trample. When it enters, each player sacrifices searches their library for two basics and puts them onto the battlefield. Oh, each player sacrifices their whole library.
Speaker 2: Instead of playing this, we just play Veteran Explorer.
Speaker 1: Veteran Explorer has to die. This has to etb CA.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna here's remember sometimes I give science facts, yes, just lessons in scientific.
Speaker 1: Yes, we call it brand brandology.
Speaker 2: Yes, here's a brandology fact for you. If you play a Veteran Explorer and attack with it, they're gonna block it and kill it. One hundred percent of the time.
Speaker 1: I think mostly you're right.
Speaker 2: Only once have I ever seen it not happen, and everybody got mad at the guy.
Speaker 1: It's probably frickin' Jesse, because two.
Speaker 2: Of us were man as screwed, and this goes like I'm not blocking it.
Speaker 1: It was definitely Jesse, And.
Speaker 2: It got to the point where I was like I was buffing it to like I was killing him with it. I was literally killing him with his Veteran Explorers, and it was gonna block it.
Speaker 1: Oh, very good.
Speaker 2: Man, it was very good. Is not good? It was a weird experience.
Speaker 1: Remember we're a combo deck and we could potentially bounce this. Now, the thing about bouncing this one in particular, as opposed to like a wood elf, where it just searches for a forest, that frog or that frog, this one actually gets each player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it helps our opponents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm not sure about this versus versus like a wood elf to just like fetch every forest out of our deck if we're gonna bounce it over and over, and a wood elf also goes well with a common piece we're playing in this deck too.
Speaker 2: There's also what's the is it yabama? I a dryad that it's green, green wand and you search for a forest, not a basic forest, but a forest and then put it into play under I mean, you can put it into player and your opponent's control if you're sure, if that's how.
Speaker 1: You want to do things, and then you sack it to draw card, or when it dies, you search for a land and you can sack it to draw card.
Speaker 2: Now it's got forest walk. It just finds a forest, but it finds a non basic force shockland or a triome or whatever the hell? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, and so does what else? It just finds a forest, so you could find a triome. Yeah, okay, yeah, and uh okay, let's look at the reducers and then maybe we'll spend some time on the combo pieces, because that's when we're gonna see why I'm making these suggestions, the B and B, the bread and the butter, if you will, yes, in a second, we're gonna look at the cost reducers first, or the reduced category shell. Okay, Emerald medallion, yes, now you have a piece with this stone, you do.
Speaker 2: We're playing Emerald and jet and are we playing all three of those?
Speaker 1: We are playing Emerald, which green spells cost one less, Sapphire that's blue spells cost one less, and we are not playing the black one.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, and I think that we should probably we could do without one or both of these. And here is why, because I've said, on many occasions, especially at a deck where you want to play more than one spell on a turn, you want the medallions over something that taps form.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, these cards are good, they're.
Speaker 2: Going to reduce the cost. But when you're playing a three color deck, there's going to be times where you're gonna have an emerald medallion out and it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 1: Like if I have a heartless summoning, our next card creature spells cost two less to cast emerald Medallion's not gonna help me with that exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna run into that kind of situation in this deck because we're playing a lot of mono colored spells, and if you have a medallion that like taps.
Speaker 1: For the wrong thing, an off color medallion.
Speaker 2: It just it's not gonna help. It doesn't help us cast our commander faster unless you already have played him and he's died once. So I feel like there might be better stuff that we could play in the place of these guys, just for a fishing see. Because you want consistency in a three color Storm.
Speaker 1: Deck, I got it. I got a just raw cost in my Storm combo deck. Max Diamond fuck yeah, chrumb Max yeah yeah, Man of Crypt, Man of Vault, yeah yeah, Autumn I suppose yeah. Okay, So then we've got Helm of Awakening, everybody spells cost less, cloud key. You choose a card type, and that card type cost less, Semblance, Anvil. You have to exile a card from your hand, and then spells that share a type with that exiled card cost too less. Yes, we've got a defiler of flesh and a defiler of vigor. Now those are when.
Speaker 2: We're playing the blue one of that too, defiler.
Speaker 1: Of whatever, the fun, defiler of dreams.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're all in there.
Speaker 1: They all reduce a colored pip out of the thing that you're castings man a cost at the cost of two life. Yes, so on each colored spell you cast, you can, for once per turn pay two life instead of mana. Yes, which which is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Defither a vigor can help you win. I like that one. I feel like the other ones you maybe you could. What does the blue one do well? Draw card? That's that one's probably pretty important. The black one, I feel you can probably do without.
Speaker 1: Well, it could help you win too. Okay, So whenever you cast a green spell, put a plus one on each creature you control. That's the green.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever you cast a black permanent spell, create a target creature you control gets plus one and gains menace until end of turn. You just target a bunch of different things all in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they all have menace, which if all of your creatures have menace and they have like four blockers, there's gonna be some of your creatures that can't that that do get through.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: And if you are going infinite like a combo deck is wont to do? You just go infinite and give all your creatures plus infinity and all of the menace, and then somebody's not gonna get blocked. So in this deck it still works sure. And then the blue one is cast a blue permanent spell draw card.
Speaker 2: That that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty that's fine. Man. Think how good these would be if they didn't say permanent spell. Oh jesuzw frick.
Speaker 2: That's probably why if they're printed today, they'd probably say spell on them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, gore Claw Terror of Calcisma. That's four drops or greater cost two less.
Speaker 2: Yes, and when she attacks, she makes your four guy your four drop guys bigger when can trample.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And what's great about that is like all of the defilers all meet that clause, and all of the defilers also meet Glarbe's claws of cast them from the top of your deck if it costs, because it costs more than four, so does Umari the Collector, which does have companion, but that doesn't matter when you.
Speaker 2: Use a type of card and then they cost less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Semblance Envil. Correct, we've got a Immortal Sun. Well, what doesn't this card do? It's a six manna but planes walkers can't activate loyalty at the beginning of your drawstep draw card Excellent spells cost one less. Stipe creatures you control get plus one man that does lots stuff.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I like the Immortal.
Speaker 1: Stunah reminds me of that card. Have you ever heard of the Great Hinge?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think I've heard it.
Speaker 1: I think we've played it on Commander Koco before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could probably make it good. I mean, it's not a very good card, I don't think, but I feel like we could make it as fair and balanced as a magic card could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we have the Immortal Sun does all of those things, but the Great Henge costs too. Yes, and you get those two mana back immediately, and then we've got to Thrix the Sudden Storm. Spells with converted man a cost five or greater, costs one less to cast, and can't be countered. That's pretty good, which is pretty good. If you're like jerking off for the whole turn, you've got to get your your spell off.
Speaker 2: You got to get your ship in sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this guy called flash and flying, you just give this guy all the plus ones and then.
Speaker 2: You just win because he's flying killed one guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, Now we've established that we are comboing.
Speaker 2: That we make man, we make things cheaper, so that are mana we've got goes further.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to talk a little bit about like the bounce spells and like the enablers. So, man, I hate this freaking website.
Speaker 2: This website is just terrible. It's just awful, but we're doing what we can.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the bouncers, okay, and these are like some common very commonplace.
Speaker 2: Even this one combo enablers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get there. Well, I'm sure we'll get to it and say oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, Okay, So we're gonna start off with shrieking drake. Everybody knows etb's and then it bounces a creature, yes most of the time, it bounces itself. And then you just cast it again and it bounces it sound if you cast it again Yeah, you get the You see the pattern, it's one one flyer for blue.
Speaker 2: That it's blue. Bloo boo boo boo boo boo boo. Storm count equal to blue, Yeah, that's what you have.
Speaker 1: Or storm count equal to how many times you can cast it for free. Oh yeah that too, that works too. Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna use the naming convention that you made up one time. Thanks ass Crack dungeon lch guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is correct. That is that is the word printed on that card. Once translated Asserrak the arch lich.
Speaker 1: Yes, enters a battlefield. If you haven't completed a tomb blah blah blah, return him to his owner's hand.
Speaker 2: If you haven't completed a particular dungeon, he will bounce back to your hand, and you delve into the dungeon.
Speaker 1: Into a dungeon. Yes, not the dungeon that he cares about.
Speaker 2: No, well, you delve into the dungeon, or go into the dungeon. That's just what the move is. That's the name you go into.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, you venture into a dungeon is the name of the ability. Here we go, But you pick the one that he doesn't care about correct the Tomb of Annihilation. Yes, so if you could, I don't know, cast him a million times and never go into the dungeon or tomb of annihilation, he always will return himself to your hand.
Speaker 2: Correct. Oh, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yes. Anytime you can play him infinitely, you win the game.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, because the dungeons that you go into that aren't him. Just do they let you draw cards?
Speaker 2: They let you draw cards and do damage.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then this guy's just a win co Yeah, he just makes you win, as if Shrieking Drake wasn't. Yes, once we get through more of the cards, yes.
Speaker 2: But Shrieking Drake needs another thing, as Crack doesn't. If you can play ass Crack infinitely, he will win you the game all by himself.
Speaker 1: I want to just paint a big, sweaty butt crack on this.
Speaker 2: It's almost like you could learn how to do that by buying a particular book on Commander cookout dot com, just saying that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people were hyped and waiting for the Brando audiobook.
Speaker 2: There you go, see people.
Speaker 1: Are waiting for the audiobook. If you want it to happen, you got to go pick up the book. Next up, next couple up, Combo specials, Cloudstone CURIOE. You cast a non artifact permanent or sorry, when a non artifact permanent enters the battlefield under the sure you don't have to cast it. Yes, you bounce another permanent you control that shares a type with it. So I'm gonna cast a non artifact creature and I'm going to bounce another creature. Yes, what if I could play both of those creatures for free infinitely? There you go, There you go. Equilibrium is another thing that does the same thing, but I have to pay one to make that happen. That's so bounce creatures equal to amount of times I can pay one. Yeah, we'll just make infinite manner. Invasive species is another one exactly like shrieking drake, except it's green, so you could tutor for it with Suwonner's packed And yes, I have done that, okay, and then Sticky Tongue Sentinel enters the battlefield, return up to one target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
Speaker 2: It can't get itself, It can't get itself.
Speaker 1: But see invasive species shrieking drake ass crack.
Speaker 2: Invasive species also get something else. Invasive species and the Sky Sticky Sentinel sink cards. They get each other.
Speaker 1: They see each other. Yes, they almost are sticky tongue sentinel actually is a functional He strictly better reprint because he has reach, because he's got reach around, because he's a.
Speaker 2: Frog frog better than bug frog eat bug frog science facts with brando.
Speaker 1: Frog eat bug frog eat bug. Oh yeah, I wonder if in Australia bug eat frog they got big bugs.
Speaker 2: There now, because they got they've got those sugar cane toads that like ruined the oblecology.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah they got big frog there too. Yeah yeah, Australia big frog. We got lots of lots of listeners and patrons in Australia. Shout out to the people down under.
Speaker 2: Good eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah there we go.
Speaker 2: I say that.
Speaker 1: I said that right, Yeah, yeah, I understood what you're doing there.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 1: Oh combo special many this John Jergenofsky, he knew the weight of my heart was through combo.
Speaker 2: They're speaking your language.
Speaker 1: Ancestral statue ETBs bounce something else or him you can bounce himself this oh frick. And finally tied spell tyrant, so.
Speaker 2: Five or five for blue blue blue five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck around here.
Speaker 2: You cast a spell return target permanent to its owner's hand, could be yours, could be somebody else's.
Speaker 1: You know what's the best part is if you get like bug eat frog bounce both all the time, and you just bounce your opponents's whole stuff. Yep, because this will just trigger and you just bounce everything that they have.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this card. Actually he's playing c.
Speaker 2: H I would imagine, so, yeahven that that format does play things infinitely fairly often.
Speaker 1: Tid spout tyrant and hullbreaker horror are the two things that like Erzadek try to polymorph into. I guess if you're if you're a cedh aficionado, or if you're watching Gemstone Mine with John Penisy on Commander Cookout, I guess you would have known that. So wait, and you showed me.
Speaker 2: There we go. I haven't said that yet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was. I was leaving it to like set you up.
Speaker 2: No, I did it myself, got it set myself up.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've identified that we can cast stuff for like cheaper, yes, and that we can infinitely bounce creatures with combo pieces. Yes, we've got more ways to do that. Okay, free stuff if you will, free stuff that's just free all like off the back man.
Speaker 2: Free is my favorite amount of money. Free fifty is my favorite price to see on a price deck.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and some people confuse and think he's saying three fifty No, I mean free fifty free fifty up. Yeah, Okay, this one's not actually free, but it gives you free stuff.
Speaker 2: It does give you some free stuff.
Speaker 1: Villainous.
Speaker 2: It's like Genesis Wave, but it gets your opponent's stuff. So for blue and black and green and X target opponent reveals the top X cards in their library. You can play anything from it for free as long as the man it cost is less than X.
Speaker 1: You left me on vill Anus wealth whoa phil anus.
Speaker 2: Filled anus health? Don't ignore your colon, It's very important.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Make sure that the flora and fauna down there is healthy and shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check out your flora and fauna with the uh furry planes Walker butt plug special this month when Wizards of the Coast, I got a Jason mind Sculter button plug.
Speaker 2: It looks like a foxtail se and you thought you were gonna get one, but alas sold out in the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that gives painting a butt crack onto a card a whole new meaning.
Speaker 2: Sure does, Sure it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, next free cardinal.
Speaker 2: This is a good one.
Speaker 1: I like this Allurin.
Speaker 2: For those of you that don't know what Luran does, it's an enchantment. No, it's not a world enchatment. It's an enchantment. For Green Green two, every player can play creature spells that cost three or less as if they had Flash for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go back and listen to the section on invasive species and sticky Tongue Sentinel.
Speaker 2: And more specifically ass crack. Oh alurna. Ass crack wins you the game immediately unless they have interaction for yes, that would also work, play that it might hypatrodek. Yeah, sometimes you just got a win game.
Speaker 1: You know what's so fantastic about that is a Luren lets you play your creatures at flash speed. So if somebody already like blew a counter spell, or if you baited somebody or they were trying to blow up your Allurin, you can be like, oh yep, ass crack instant speed. Oh look, at I'm gonna venture into a dungeon and he bounces himself and I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Play him again, and it's the speed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's very good. Yeah, that's very good, very good. And uh I always read the card, but sometimes I'll downplay it, like I'm gonna cast this guy for free, and I'm not gonna remind you that you can cast a guy for a free food. I'm not just gonna not gonna remind you.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been punished for playing it Allurin?
Speaker 1: I'm not frickin once ever.
Speaker 2: I got one guy one time playing Slivers. I was playing Slivers and they played in the Lord. I was like, idiot, and as soon as he went to it, I was like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Just win instead. Oh you punished him?
Speaker 2: Oh big? Yeah, yeah it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: I used to play Allurin in Animar, but I was like, wait, Animar is better because it's got protection and it's my commander, so I always have it. And when Ancestral Statue was printed, I didn't work with a Lurein anyway, so I was just like, oh, that's gonna go infinite with my commander right now. Yeah. Okay, So Bullets has Sitadel six drop artifact. You can look at the top card of your library. I love that, as if you weren't doing that already, And you can play lands and cast spells for the cost of life instead of Manna neat and the thing that everybody forgets every time I've ever lost to this card after they took a ten minute turn and I was at like eight life, they forgot that you can tap and sacrifice ten things. Each opponent loses ten life. Yeah, they It seems like people just forget about that. Every time I've ever lost to that card, it's been because somebody combled.
Speaker 2: They finished reading the card and go, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess I could have done that. I was like, yeah, I didn't tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't notice.
Speaker 1: It, But I should have because it would have saved you, like ten minutes. Could have went to the Coachman licensed beverage room that much sooner.
Speaker 2: That place is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should sponsor the show, they really should. Yeah. They got good good bar food.
Speaker 2: There, they do. I get the chicky fingies.
Speaker 1: Yes they are. Yeah. Me and Ben shared nachos frequently. Yep, okay. I of Dusk Mantle have we ever played this?
Speaker 2: We have not, and I'm excited that we are because I actually I do like this card. It's a three eight I with flying and life link for black black five. Oh. You may play lands and cast spells from among cards in your bind that you have surveiled this turn, but you pay life equal to their cast. It's pretty cool. So you use your clarb to surveil two and then you can play those two cards, which is pretty cool. Okay, I like this card. I like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love I like that really weird power and toughness. I like cards that have that. Like my Marvel Deep Operative is a one eight. That's weird, right, and and Jargel is a nine to four whatever.
Speaker 2: Necro Bloom has got two to seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lord of Trushorn ten four, ten four, good buddy. Yeah, my mom's birthday ten four. Speaking of surveiled this, we have a whole category.
Speaker 2: We have a whole category of surveilling. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Check this, o yo, And let's let's get the cat out of the bag. Yes, doom whispers in it. Pay two life, surveil two any amount of times. Oh, and it's a six six flying trampler for five for five. Yeah, trampler for five that lets me put forty cards into my graveyard, eighty cards into my seventy eight cards into my graveyard. Man, and I just cast them for free with that eyeball and then combo.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you're paying a lot of life for doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I'm already paying life to Doom Whisper. Yeah, I'll just pay life until I get like an allurein in my graveyard or a shrieking jake or an ass crack. This is a tutor for multiple cards at one time. Yes, yeah, I like that. Yeah, you almost want to, You almost want like to be rock solid. You almost want with Doom Whisper to play a dread return and as you find creatures by surveilling, you can flash back your dread return. No, no, that doesn't work. You need like all the narco MEI like.
Speaker 2: Variants, all the nark. Well there's the nark of me.
Speaker 1: But well yeah, but you could do like reassembling skeleton and the stuff that you can gas. Yeah, and then you're like, Okay, I'm gonna do Doom Whisper until I get my dread return, and then I'm gonna play a land to get blood Gas back. I'm gonna use that land to get.
Speaker 2: The manner for reascending skeleton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then oh, I'm gonna surveil until I find my Narcomba. I'm gonna sacrifice those three creatures. I'm gonna get this eyeball guy back, and then I'm gonna get like my allurein that I also surveiled, and my shrieking Drake, and now I'm gonna win.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's pretty cool, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's that's why combo decks take a lot of time, not only because if you're if you're a lesser experienced player playing the deck for the first time, or if you just haven't played magic for very long, you might not understand that that combo line even exists. Yeah, but I mean, you know how Dredge works. I basically described how the Dredge deck and in extended or or Legacy worked for a long time. Yeah, and I play allurein and ass crack Triaking Drake combo decks, so kind of the superpower glarbness of mine and Branda's brain could kind of figure that out.
Speaker 2: The difficulty I've found with this deck. I noticed knowing I was going to talk about this today and playing my necro Bloom deck last night, but forgot I even built it because my brain just farted on it for so long. I finally brought it out in us playing it. There's so it's so complicated, and like your hand of cards is in addition to your graveyard hand. I'm not used to doing that because I haven't dredged in a long time. So it just there's a lot of stuff you have to pay attention to with a deck like this, depending on what pieces are in play. So while this deck is lots of fun, it's also very complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, and we're gonna get to the most complicated cards, like in the payoff section after we do some of the card advantage the nuts and bolts. Right, Yes, we've got recursion with Maldrotha, like cast something of some type from your graveyard once to turn. We've got Merco Obsessive the Wrist. We've never played this card, No, we have not. At the beginning of your end step, you may return a creature card with power less than Merco's from your graveyard to the battlefield with a finality counter on it, and whenever you surveil, put a plus one counter on Merco.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna get plus and plus one counter on Merco probably every turn from your good boy glob yep as he glarbs the top two cards of your your library.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then you can get bigger and bigger things each turn with Merco. Or you can just frickin' pay forty life with your with your what's it called the demon.
Speaker 2: Guy, doom Whisper.
Speaker 1: You can just doom whisper everything and just crank somebody with Merco.
Speaker 2: Hey, just wreck somebody's cold.
Speaker 1: Merco's got flying and BG yes, right, and and somebody's gonna be like turn two Glarb or turn three glob turn four Merco and be like, oh yeah, that's cute. Huh, cool interaction And you go, hey, no blocks, doom Whisper pay thirty eight kill you. I can't wait for that to be a thing that I hear about happening to not me.
Speaker 2: That could be fun, Yes to not me as well, Yeah that's good, yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, card advantage and more draw. We got a sense's divining top, because why wouldn't we for playing bullis is Citadel of course, right, yeah, and and cost reducers. Those are the combol you can just infinitely play your Sense's Divining Top off the top for whatever and draw your whole deck map Tivars Tivar Tivar's last stand. Target creature gets plus x plus x at instant speed and gains hext proof and indestructible til end of turn. So essentially it's green for a counter spell. Yeah, we've got a oh dour port Mage, another frog. A frog when one or more other creatures you control leave the battlefield without dying. So when you bounce them, oh shrieking drake, infinite draw my deck. Yes, you draw a card, Chris, what happens, and you can bounce another target creature to its owner's hand for blue one your creature I think, yes, it has to be one of your dudes. Yes, but it's gonna be one of my dudes anyways.
Speaker 2: What I like about that card is the utility of Like if you're sitting with a combo piece in your hand, but you don't want to play it, because then it's in play and not in your hand. You can put it down, block with it, bounce it with your dowurport Mage, and now your combo pieces is in your hand where you want it, and you've prevented yourself from taking a bunch of damage from somebody attacking you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like doing something like attacking with whatever and then bouncing it with dourport major to draw card and then playing that thing again. I've drawn my card and this kind of put another card in my hand to deploy as a threat that's now untapped again. So there's a lot of little things that combo decks have to do to kind of make sure the engine keeps rolling before it's actually even rolling. Hey, just like little little quirky plays like that. Yes, we've got a hydroid crisis. It's X and blue green zero zero enters with X plus ones flying trample and when you cast the spell, you gain half x life and draw half x cards. Sick pretty good with uh doom whisper. Yes, yeah, pay ten and gain five and surveial more or whatever. Yes, Okay, pond profit another frog. This is the most Brando and Ryan card in the whole of Bloomborough because it's a frog and it's an advisor.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: It's like they watched Commander Cookout on YouTube and.
Speaker 2: Noon and you should be oh yeah, regular semic simic beating to man of symbols for a one one comes into play draw card simple frog very good.
Speaker 1: I actually like that. And if you can bounce it a couple of times, like if you got this guy and maybe a bouncer, or if you got like Cloudstone curio, you can fill your hand up with this for sure. Pay a few mana yeah, I like that. Dire site surveiled two, then draw to you lose to. There's one of those that you love so much, Beast whisper. When you cast a creature draw card. That's a combo piece. Mul drifter when an ETBs draw two cards and you can either evoke it for three or cast it for five, and it has flying and you.
Speaker 2: Can glarb it off the top if you if.
Speaker 1: You oh yeah, that's a good hit. Yeah, I like that. And I can cast it for two by glarbing it off the top right for three. Yes, yes, you may cast this spell for its evoked cost. If you do, you sacrifice it after it enters a battlefield, so you don't have to You don't have to cast it from your hand to evoke it, right. I like that, it's pretty good. That's an alternate casting cost. I like that.
Speaker 2: Like glob or glarbin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, works with glarb, doesn't work with allurein. Very important to know that, Yeah, because it's mana cost is five yes, and allurean cares about mano cost, not what you could hypothetically cast it four correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, get fraud another frog.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like this guy too, reminiscent of chubbed Toad with that arm hanging out of his mouth, hanging.
Speaker 2: I concur to it all grown up, I think so probably should be.
Speaker 1: This is like Chubb tod if if like this is chubb Toad, if his dad like handed him the keys to the family business and he wasn't an asshole like snotty frat boy who got the free business that's worth lots of money, like I think, get drugs, the real deal.
Speaker 2: I think he wears a monocle and just like.
Speaker 1: No no, I think I think his dad like taught him how to work hard and then gave him the business and says and said, I trust you not to ruin this and still be a good person.
Speaker 2: Sick and then he and then he ate him.
Speaker 1: And then he ate him yep, and then he comboed with dakhmore salvage and it turns out. He was kind of an asshole.
Speaker 2: It was a jerk the whole time. And he figured all of that out in the car ride on his way to wherever he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he figured it all out when he maulted the five and beat me before I even took a turn of magic the gathering. That's what happened the last time I played get Rug.
Speaker 2: So he's a six six with death touch because six sixes obviously all need death touch, and beginning up keep, you sacrifice the land, and anytime the land is put into your graveyard from anywhere you draw.
Speaker 1: Card, Like if you surveil thirty eight times, that's right, So you can just draw thirty eight cards and draw thirty eight cards into your graveyard. Correct, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: He's real good in this deck. He's real good in necrobroom.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's good everywhere.
Speaker 2: He's good in every deck that plays it.
Speaker 1: It's because he's a good card.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get played in every deck, but every deck it does play him, he's good. And that's pretty cool. That's the mark of a very what a fallacy.
Speaker 1: Hey, if if I understand all you've said or right, I should put Getrog in every deck that has his colors in it.
Speaker 2: But you don't.
Speaker 1: But you don't because that's not a magic work. Magic is a fallacy. Magic's a lie. Get drugs a lie. Nothing is real.
Speaker 2: Zendacar Resurgent is the last in the car is the last glove in the glob section. It's green green five for an enchantment makes your land tap for is it double or just one additional?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't care one additional off the color that it makes. Whenever you cast a creature, you draw card.
Speaker 1: Oh so that's combo piece, Yes, okay, combo piece there, Okay, room of a rapid hybridization, suspend black sum Zenith which our minus one is counters.
Speaker 2: Yes, we've got a incubation and in the forgot playing card. Keep going, Keep going, Amphibian Downpour, dream Do Enhancer, Foundation Breaker, Shriek Moss, silver Back Elder. Decree of Pain.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you played Decree of Pain in any decks?
Speaker 2: Not anymore?
Speaker 1: Ah. Last time I played Decree of Pain, I drew thirteen cards.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I spent eight man, killed all the creatures, drew thirteen cards.
Speaker 2: Sorr.
Speaker 1: I won that game. Probably I won that game because One of the cards I drew is cabal Coffers yep. And another one I drew was an exeguinate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I exanguinated for seventeen and killed f U Thomas. I gained several life, several life, and then I attacked all of the other players that were at this point below ten.
Speaker 2: Get them.
Speaker 1: Now, that's a good game for you, good friend, Ryan, Yeah, not too bad. Okay. So these are all removal spells that are actually are also creatures, and a lot of them cost four. All of them are glob compliance, silver Back Elder, shriek Ma, Foundation Breaker, and dream Do I was gonna say dread doo in Trancer all cost four. They're all glob compliant.
Speaker 2: Glob is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, And this is a good segue. And Phibian Downpour has storm. So you copy this spell for each spell that was cast before this. Turn every spell mine yours, everybody's. Yeah, and it's an enchant creature and enchanted creature loses all abilities and is a blue frog with base power and toughness. One one.
Speaker 2: You can turn all their dudes into frogs so they can join the team the Happy Family if you will.
Speaker 1: And what's so awesome about this is like if I go infinite, and in the process of going infinite, I draw an Amphibian downpour and then I cast it, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, are you going to do your own guys?
Speaker 1: No, I just enchant your guys more than one time. Yeah. Yeah, this card's got built in. I don't fuck myself by accident, built right in. Because you know how combo decks work. Sometimes you just oh, yeah, you put your you put your own dink in your own butt. Yeah yeah, and you just have to sit there for a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Turns out Harmonics Liver is not a may, so I have definitely had to make some very difficult decisions.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Yeah, I have definitely drawn my whole deck because may is not an option. Yeah yeah, yeah. Okay, we got some payoffs we do.
Speaker 2: We have to pay off all the storm and we're gonna do all the bounce, all the recursion, all the replay. We gotta we gotta do the thing.
Speaker 1: Okay. I want to start with Bontu's monument because it actually acts as two things in the deck. It is a cost reducer for our black creature spells.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is why we're not playing the gemdlion.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think so, and it like it's great for ass Crack, it's it's great for a bunch of the creatures in our deck, Larb if he's died. But also, whenever you cast a creature spell, any creature spell doesn't have to be black. That's what people forget. Any creature spell, each opponent loses one and we gain one. Sick really good because we're paying life to surveil with doom whisper. Really good because we're playing ether Flux Reservoir to just blast guys. Whenever we cast a spell, gain one life for each spell you've cast before at this turn. So I'm going to gain one life just that you've played this turn, each spell that you've cast this turn. Oh yes, but every time I cast a spell, I pay one. I've played one, then I've played two, then I've played three. Yes, And that's that's how you gain your life with this card. Yes, and if I'm like consistently casting an ass Crack and bouncing it a hundred times, I'm going to gain all that life and blast people.
Speaker 2: Keeping in mind, you've played ass Crack at the hundred times. You've already won.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: If you play a Shrieking Drake one hundred.
Speaker 1: Times, there you go. Yeah. Or you play frog bunk Guy Yes, Frog eat bug guyce.
Speaker 2: Frog and bug yes yep. And then classic storm wind conditions, we're playing both of them. You got Tendrils and Mind's Desire.
Speaker 1: Man, do I love Mine's Desire I played. I play that card in a classic Vintage wind condition in my Cascade deck, and I do know guys that play tendrills in DH It's a storm card, so you cast it and copy it for each spell that's been cast this turn, and target player loses to and we gain two.
Speaker 2: So you can use that to kind of in the middle of a storm chain to get your life back so you can keep surveilling.
Speaker 1: You can keep the citadel. Yep. This card are very good. I've definitely seen this card played and gained somebody like ten or thirteen life or whatever to continue to bulliss his citadel. I've definitely seen that. And Mine's Desire is a storm card that says shuffle your library than exile the top card of your library. You can play it for free, and if you do the math, you can just exile I don't know all of your library, and play.
Speaker 2: All of them and just play it all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't draw cards after that though, don't don't do your mind's desire and then play your beast whisperer and then cast creatures because you have no cards your library and that is not a may correct. I'm just gonna throw that out there.
Speaker 2: Certainly lose. Also, you don't have to shuffle your library each time, only once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says shuffle your library, but everybody shortcuts me. And if you just pick up your whole library and say all my cards is belong to me.
Speaker 2: I actually think that they actually did change it so you only have to do it once just for the sake of tournament play. I believe they did.
Speaker 1: Actually, Well, we could definitely read the oracle text if we were on not deck stats done that, but we but we are.
Speaker 2: We also play an avy pro Janitor Ruse.
Speaker 1: I think this is the last card in the deck makes me.
Speaker 2: It makes us just a bunch of big old boys and girls that are gonna just slime and glarb all over.
Speaker 1: Yes, verse, this is a creature. I love getting my facelined. This is a creature with storm enters uh and it isn't legendary. How the fuck does this work?
Speaker 2: Okay, so in itself Avy she is a legendary, Yes, but her tokens are not so that they survive. But the tokens are copies of her.
Speaker 1: Oh yes. And they all entered the battlefield with a plus one for each other ooze you control, So like ether flux reservoir, every time you get another one, it goes up by one.
Speaker 2: Yep, but they all go up by one. Hard to keep track of. When you play it in a storm situation, it's like, well, I got a I got a two two's and the three threes and a four fours and and you gotta like represent them all differently. It's tricky, but typically.
Speaker 1: You need a you need a dice or some kind of storm plus one plus one counter rig where you click it and each counter on it clicks up one at a time, one at a time, one of the time. Somebody three D print that and patent that shit.
Speaker 2: And then send me one and I'll play with it. Yeah, play my avy deck.
Speaker 1: Yes on sidewalk, Tim, Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that the whole deck?
Speaker 2: That is the whole deck?
Speaker 1: Okay, my deck is awesome.
Speaker 2: I've got justgue one.
Speaker 1: Honorable mention for the precondition of Exotic Orchard that got a reprint. Looking that fantastic.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. Yeah, it's some of the actually some of the exclusive arts in the pre cons for like the common just do nothing throw away cards. I'm even gonna say it. I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: The Soul Ring reprint.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, it's I'm not even gonna say the name. Oh but uh Green Green four draw three cards harmonized, I'll say it harmonized.
Speaker 1: It's got a frog on it.
Speaker 2: It's got four frogs and they're in a band. They tried so hard to make me play harmonized. Not gonna do it, watsie. No, I'm onto you, and I'm not gonna do it. But I am going to appreciate that card because that is some good art. And if I ever see like a print of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I'm gonna buy it. I was just gonna say, if you see it, like at a command fest or something, you'll you'll get that art.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I would get that, like if the if the artist was there and there were I would one hundred percent get it. Not snap, get it, just frogs jaming. Yeah, because it's a really cool picture, like drinking beer and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, so strengths and weaknesses. We've got a couple. Yes, we've got a couple here. It's glarbious. I don't know if that means, but oh yeah, we've used glob in enough different scenarios that you know.
Speaker 2: When we say strength, it globs, you know what we mean. Yeah, it's good. It goes really hard.
Speaker 1: It storms with multiple colors, multiple redundancies, multiple ways to win.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you can stowter than you think because you're playing like it is a frog deck. It is a glob deck, but it's also a stout and resistant, was resistant, resilient.
Speaker 1: Resilient storm deck, which is good. It doesn't play tutors, which a lot of combo decks are wont to do. It doesn't play a couple of the lines that I that we highlighted that that could kind of make it feel even more nondeterministic, which I think is a strength because it's like I have it or I don't, right, and I appreciate that. And in addition to having it or don't, it is playing removal and some backups for when it doesn't have it instead of just playing the tutors to ensure that it has it like like casual combo decks usually do.
Speaker 2: And the backside of that is we're playing interaction for on the board. We're not playing any interstaction where you can stop. Look, if people try to stop you from comboing, you don't really have the tools to stop them from stopping you. And nondeterminant combo decks can sometimes take that long turn and end up with a board that's not big enough, you know what I mean, Like where the guy sitting next to you is.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, so you got like one six six, that's what you did the for the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they just they just steamroll you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, I'm gonna move back and forth a little bit. Strengths and weaknesses, sorry Joe, old and played out strategy or wincon like these are these are.
Speaker 2: That's both because it's tried, it's tested. It's true, yes, very solid, but it's also something a lot of people maybe have seen before, maybe not be exciting for people, as if what other people think matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, it is a strength though, because people know what and know how it works and recognize when it's happening to them, and for somebody like in my position, who's done it before, and if somebody was struggling through it, this would be the kind of deck I would say, hold on, don't forget that trigger, because that's what's that's the missing link. Or actually, beast Whisper is into may like you have to draw and then you learn that valuable lesson and everybody has a laugh. It's got a new commander, Glob. But the the the payoffs and the wind cons might feel anti climactic, is kind of is kind of the oh that's cute with Glob and then it's like, oh yeah, doom whisper.
Speaker 2: My whole library.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is a funny one that we don't actually talk about that much anymore because it's not a it's not a thing that we normally deal with anymore. This deck, because Glarbe says you can only cast four drops or higher from the top of your library, right, has a very high average amount of value three point six seven. That's like from ten years ago.
Speaker 2: That's right about where you would expect glarbup to be. That's Glorb level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a glarb altitude. Yes, yeah, yes, love to see it, love to see if you're not comboing, and if you're not doing it with fast mana, this is a slow combo deck, which is again a blessing and a curse from a combo deck perspective, because you can lean on that and say I'm trying to combo, but there's no tutor, is no fast mana, and it's slow.
Speaker 2: I think that people appreciate that in general, and I think I found it when I was playing Necroblue the other day, like it's not an explosive wreck your daily type combo deck, but you know, if it's allowed to approuve value enough over time, it sets itself up for the big turn, takes the big turn, and then the game is over probably.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it's not right. And if the game's not over, and if you say it's a combo deck but it's slow, the same thing happens at the start of the game is now everybody has a common enemy. And I think that that's such a good story to tell, and it's a way to kind of break the ice of a game, right where if you're all sitting down and somebody rolls a dice to see I'm going to talk with my one one. I don't want to make an enemy, or oh you hit me for two so you're the bad guy. It avoids all of that, and it's like you're playing a combo dec I'm gonna try and go after you, and that is a good way to like start the dialogue or like the personality interchange at the at the table.
Speaker 2: I'd like that, you know how I like to start off games. But you hit the guy that kept the greedy hands, they go land solring go on the next turn, they just say, draw, go attack that guy because his hand's obviously the best. Why would he keep it otherwise?
Speaker 1: Just a ring? Just gang. Oh he's being greedy, he's kept a one lander, yeah the sol ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something else in the hand has to be good for you to want to keep it that bad. It's gotta be just get them.
Speaker 1: I think people keep one landers of soul rings all the time, even if the hand isn't good, because as soon as you draw more land your gas like it's great.
Speaker 2: I kept the no lander with sol ring and arcanessing at one time one that game on turn four because my hand was so good that I could win that fast. So that's why I do that because I did it one time.
Speaker 1: You're a piece of trash.
Speaker 2: One time that happens one time is all.
Speaker 1: It takes track. Now I used to assume it's a science fact brandology. Yes ology, maybe you get the scientific proof after one instance.
Speaker 2: If it happens once, obviously it's gonna happen again. Yes, that's how everything works, right, it is the Internet.
Speaker 1: You could say that. Yeah, okay, it's pretty much a deck. I'm gonna count that as a strength. We're playing combo for like budget.
Speaker 2: You were doing like Classic Storm combo one of a very expensive deck at one point. Now we're gonna play it with frogs and bullshit and it's not gonna cost you a bunch of money. Yeah. I like that too.
Speaker 1: So the most expensive card of the deck is actually a Lun and we did, unless it's Cloudstone Curio. Actually I should check that again. We did, and of course I can't freaking check it because I don't know how to.
Speaker 2: It Probably is. I'm gonna probably is a Luren because Cloudstone Carrier recently got a couple of reprints, and Allurin has had none.
Speaker 1: Reprints, none reprints, if.
Speaker 2: I recall correctly. Yeah, so sure, Lurin or Cloudstone Curio, and they those both clocking at what twenty five.
Speaker 1: Or thirty dollars? Allurein is forty dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's gone on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Cloudstone Curio. You know what, I'll just look it up. The other couple things that I was going to say about it being cheap are or expensive. We've got the Immortal Sun at twelve bucks. Yeah, and it's six manna and twelve bucks. And we're already high CMC. We're already slow, we already don't have tutors. We're already telling people about this awesome combo deck, like this card isn't gonna do anything for us except stay in our hand as we're getting killed. And then the other one is an Oracle of Muldaia.
Speaker 2: It could be a toxic deluge, it could be a damnation, it could be a whatever. Right, if you wanted to make your deck a little stouter and cost a little.
Speaker 1: Less, Cloudstone Cura reprinted it's about thirteen bucks.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it still makes it one of the most expensive cards in the deck, but not forty bucks. And I would argue with the reprint, you can find it. It's not reserved. List, and it does really really make the deck go. Yes, where allurin also makes the deck go but also can benefit your opponents, also costs four times as much and also costs an extra manna and too green and too green, where cloudstone curio is just no green.
Speaker 2: It is whatever colors you want, whatever you got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important. So if you cut those three cards, just those three cards, you're looking at right around two hundred bucks and a lot of it is like the mana base is basically a manna base from a pre con and there's a bunch of like okay, soul rings and.
Speaker 2: You got all the stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not all the stuff. It's got like Tivar's stand out's a common a bunch of just.
Speaker 2: Whatever, a bunch of stuff that you're pulling from your your bloomborough packs right now. If you're not cracking packs, your store has a bunch of these. Probably there's lots of stuff that's very readily available. And again, like we've said, I think lots in the last little while, there's lots of stuff in this deck that if you have to go out and purchase it, you're not buying a card that's gonna go into a deck that you're gonna get bored of then you're gonna cut it and never play it again, because there's lots of stuff in here that you're good. I think that that's one thing that I don't think we've said about Bloomboro, and I haven't seen it said too much is lots there's lots of cool utility stuff that the cards are really neat, and they do kind of neat quirky stuff, but none of it's so quirky that you're not gonna play it somewhere else. Yeh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We touched on that in the Bloomboro review where we said, you know what, I didn't think I was gonna be into this set, but the set presented a bunch of cards that I think that I would play in that they are just generically good cards that coincidentally fit a strategy that I do.
Speaker 2: Like so many of the Little manadorcs just do extra stuff.
Speaker 1: And in your case you get like frogs or some cute animal that's like, hey, I'm actually gonna play this instead of that other they got.
Speaker 2: Little clothes on. Man. I want a little firefighter frog. That's what I want. I want a little firefighter frog and a little shit chef frog and he's stirring something up in his little pot and he's a chef hat on. That's what I want.
Speaker 1: I want. I want to paramedic frogs carrying like a gurney and when they run, their legs go around like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like the frog that's on the gurney's given the finger while he's going out.
Speaker 1: He's got like his eyes look like xes yes, and his tongue are and.
Speaker 2: It's dragging along behind, still got a beer can stuck to it. It's bouncing around that.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: We did it.
Speaker 1: We've done it, so okay, that's my final thought of the day.
Speaker 2: I think that might be my final glove over the day.
Speaker 1: Who else who do we gotta say thank you to?
Speaker 2: We have to say thank you Confusion Gaming Online dot com and are your source for all your gaming needs as well as our benevolent business Daddy will help us bring this show to all of you each and every week. We think everybody that supports the show over on Commander or not Commander on Patreon dot com, slash CEO podcast, every little bit goes a long way to helping us keep the show going and your support does mean a lot to Ryan and I as we are Creation Journey and you can get into curb side pickup games of h which is fun. Yeah, we have a lot of cool people in the nation. You can play games with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a that's a fantastic.
Speaker 2: Ya bonus for me. Also, we gotta thank our official beer sponsors for Sidewalk Slam season two right here on YouTube. Pile of Bones Brewing Colder is the second coolest thing out of Regina. We're gonna thank our man Gary. He's going to see his mom for her birthday tomorrow. Ryan's gonna spend some time with the family. I'm gonna go to the stupid lake and we're all gonna have fun, fun, fun. Yes, are gonna tell you all about the fun that we had on the very next episode of Commander Cookout podcast and our thing