Speaker 2: One one jr R.
Speaker 1: Orlando's rock station Lynchin Taco Good Morning. On Thursdays, we do this segment with some tech news we've dubbed tech it Out. We have a sponsor this morning, Taco Bob.
Speaker 2: Yes, pick your ticket Thursday and our JARR Instagram page. I just opened it up and I see that some people jumped on it. Multiple winners when we do these. If you're not following us on Instagram, it's at one oh one one w j r R. You can win tickets to all the upcoming JARR shows, maybe some creed tickets.
Speaker 1: The officials here in the United States are not the only country that has TikTok concerns. The government of Canada has ordered TikTok to cease operations. Physical operations in their country still be able to use the TikTok app in can but all TikTok physical business operations wind them down, shut them down, get outs all right. This coming under a national security review in the Investment Canada Acts. I guess they found some potential concerns there as to what they might be up to.
Speaker 2: Few red flags, not just people doing zany stuff.
Speaker 1: So the again, don't mishear us. The app is still okay in Canada, they just don't want any physical operations from TikTok there. Australia has proposed what they are dubbing a world leading ban on social media for all children under the age of sixteen.
Speaker 2: Again, how are you going to make that happen? Just like when they've talked about it here where you had to have parental permission.
Speaker 1: Australia is trialing an age verification system them to assist in blocking children from accessing social media platforms as part of a range of measures that includes some of the toughest controls imposed by any country to date.
Speaker 2: So is this gonna be kind of like when we were kids, how you'd hope that you could get your brother's ID and that you look tolike, you know, your older brother for fake ID. Are they gonna be doing that to get on TikTok in Australia? Like, hey man, Isaac, if that's an Australian name, Isaac, I need to use your your your fake I D. How are they gonna verify this?
Speaker 1: Is it's just another example of you know, forbidden fruit, which just makes it desired that much more. I always whenever hear stuff that This reminds me like trying to watch through the scrambled squiggly lines of the pay channels at the dirty late night movies when you were you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah girl on the little they went and you'd go straight to think it was twenty one was HBO, where you'd be looking through the squigglies.
Speaker 1: It would straighten out briefly like, oh, I know, come on, guys, yeah saw.
Speaker 2: Speaking of movies.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And now now you just open up a regular website and it's it's not even porn related. It's dirty or stuff in the ads, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The new Robert Zemeckis directed film that stars Tom Hanks called Here is Uh Is Out. It is one of the first Hollywood full length features built around AI powered visual effects. Rather than hire multiple actors to portray Tom Hanks's character as he ages throughout the years, AI was used to depict that on screen, start to finish.
Speaker 2: Again, just taking people's jobs. Maybe I'm just the layman here, but I'm that is the part of AI. I don't like where it's Yes, there's just a lot of a lot of potential to eliminate to phasing people out.
Speaker 1: The Polish radio station just this week, I don't let me guess it's all AI. They did an experiment with AI hosts and the audience lost their minds and they decided, okay, we're not going really all right.
Speaker 2: Let the ostrich Bob take his head out of the sand for that one. I do want to hear it out.
Speaker 1: With the touchscreen, touchscreens back with knobs and buttons. Tactile controls are back in vogue. You're starting to see this more and more on devices, car equipment, washing machines, things like that. A lot of the touchscreen mania has seemed to have faded, and people just liked the ability to know, hey, I've actually clicked this and it should be going on or off.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Interesting. What's old is new again?
Speaker 2: And especially in cars, remember because you had a story in Technology and Tech it out like probably three months ago, how they were talking about phasing them out because people paying attention to them, there's more to break.
Speaker 1: You look now at a lot of the newer car I'm talking like the real new it's a combination of touch and or buttons, which giving you really your choice there, which I guess that could be the best of both worlds. T Mobile has just broken a world record when it comes to upload speeds via a five G wireless network. They just ran a series of tests at SOFI Stadium, you know, the Football State brand new facility out there in California where the Rams and the Chargers play. They have achieved new speeds when it comes to the upload side of things on a wireless network. The fastest five G upload speed ever recorded in the world two point two gigabits per second on their five G network, utilizing technology they call five G dual connectivity. Now you're thinking, well, it's most people are concerned with download speeds, which have gotten pretty good for whatever provider you use, but on the upload side of things not so much so, which presents issues when you have large crowds where you might be trying to stream video or send stuff out or so. That's interesting to see the speeds are able to accomplish in a very large, congested setting on their network. So obviously more to come on that from T Mobile. That's so far place holds so many people. Scientists at the University of California have found a simple way to perhaps cut down on mosquito born illness, make the Mosquitos stop having sex by turning them deaf.
Speaker 2: Oh, because is it the buzzing that makes them like male? Male insects that are deaf struggle to mate and breed. Huh.
Speaker 1: So by altering you know, genetic pathways, they've been able to.
Speaker 2: Cause deaf mosquitoes. I just don't make mosquitoes. Well, I know.
Speaker 1: When you're messing this the whole stuff, when you start screwing with nature and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a Netflix movie on it sooner than you think.
Speaker 2: Of course, it'll be all AI. It'll be AI crickets, a mosquitos, like the cicada over if you had deaf cicadas, think of how loud those things could be, you know, the ones that go raw.
Speaker 1: Mute cicadas would be better. Oh good, it would be no noise. They just be everywhere with no noise. My favorite tech related headline of the week, Yes, a headline of the week.
Speaker 2: Down though, it's it's just your.
Speaker 1: Air fryer may be spying on you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you how much you're eating or.
Speaker 1: No, no, taking your personal data and passing it along to third parties. Uh, do you really need to connect your air frer to the Internet.
Speaker 2: Some do, maybe if people are going out and they want to air fry something for right when they get home. But even come on.
Speaker 1: New apps for new smart models, we're asking all sorts of things, from wanting permission to record audio no, to wanting to One of these apps was asking gender, date of birth and things like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's one. It's a it's a heavy dude who likes chicken uggets. You know, all of a sudden its excessive amounts of them. And you know what I saw with my little eyes that eats ketchup with him. Gross.
Speaker 1: Imagine if if if it did it tied in. You know, you're making something super unhealthy, and all of a sudden, you know you see something pop up in your your messages.
Speaker 2: Let your Chaco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is j R r