Speaker 1: Rate hikes in coming or not today. We'll break it down for you because there is a lot starting to move in terms of where the FED is going to impose rate hikes. Let's just get into it. I do want to thank our sponsor, and that's I Trust Capital. For you guys to go out there and start your own cryptoira. You can do that with I Trust Capital. And now did you know this company has seventeen billion in transactions and over three hundred thousand accounts. This is one of the cornerstones of getting a cryptoira underway. All you have to do to get one started is use our link down down below. It's going to give you a one hundred dollars funding reward, so that way it gets you going. And then once you're in there, guys, it's very easy. You can roll over an IRA. You can also start one from fresh transfer. A lot of options here. Reach out to the I Trust team and let them know we sent you. Let's go over and I want to lead off with President Trump's economy speech in Las Vegas. This was something to listen to. Take a look.
Speaker 2: Dating trip alone American the stock market all time highs, the highest stock markets in history.
Speaker 3: Yesterday went up almost a thousand points. Right. The tariffs have made us rich. Remember I used to say that tariffs are my favorite word. Their pressed was killing me, so I moved it to my fifth favorite word. And now I say it's number five, and I'm in good shape. But it has it's made as rich, it's made as rich. All these companies are moving in and building their plants. Manufacturing is exploding at the fastest pace in many years. Nobody thought this would ever happen again. Last month, inflation dropped at the fastest rate it's dropped in many years. More Americans are working in the United States right now than at any point in the history of our country.
Speaker 4: Speak of it.
Speaker 3: You don't hear that Donald's Trump polls on the economy aren't good. The economy is the greatest economy we've ever had by far. That man right there, miss the wall, please stand up.
Speaker 5: Look at him.
Speaker 3: He's a rich guy. And they checked him out. They said he's a very rich man.
Speaker 4: He has to be.
Speaker 3: He goes to so many rallies, the great Phil Ruffin. He made a fortune here. He just makes money out of these a money machine. They loaded, They're loaded. They owned this hotel, the sleepy Joe Biden, and the very corrupt, and it was the most corrupt administration.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: So there you have it, guys. Obviously, the point behind this is a lot of the claims that Trump is making are just not necessarily happening. What you have right now is a split market, and the split market is mostly rewarding a lot of billionaires and a lot of major corporations that of course have benefited from these teriffs now getting big paychecks back on these tariff refunds. And I think also the job consistency has started to stabilize in a sense that it may not be increasing the way that we thought it was, so that in itself is going to continue to put more pressure on the FED. And as we look at the FED chair, he is reportedly open to a September rate hike if inflation continues to run hot. And this is coming in from three FOMC members, And this is something we already saw in the previous month when we looked at the last closer vote than I thought in terms of dissension among the FED chairs in the last FOMC meetings. So likelihood here is could he deviate away from Trump's plan. That is the real question. I don't know that he will, but there may be some situations here that force him into a really hard position. Bank of America CEO Brian Monahan. He says he reiterated that the banks forecast is three FED rate hikes in September, October, December. Some people are pointing at two FED rate hikes. This is where I get on the fence, because the current economic condition does warrant it. The problem is is that I think what's going on between Warsh and Trump, whether this is going to be a pause and that's a win, or if there may end up being a rake cut. This is one of those situations that with this particular FED, because you're getting no forward guidance, is starting to show a little bit of inconsistency here. And one of the things that will trigger this, of course, is going to be energy prices. Here you have Trump saying all prices are going down, but we may have to send it up again. So what does that mean? Does he know something? Is he's starting to give us some insights that there is more trouble brewing in the Middle East that would cause obviously West Texas crew and more energy sources to continue to spike. Remember, this has been hovering around seventy five to eighty bucks a barrel, which is somewhat tolerable. Once you get over eighty to ninety bucks a barrel, it gets a little bit outside of the range of most Americans. One hundred bucks of barrel, now you have a problem. And of course that's when the FED starts to feel the pinch. And if you look at this right here, Trump has repeatedly spoken with Warsh over the phone, and I think the pressure is going to continue to come on Wsh to hold rates at least and possibly be in a position where he starts to maybe look at a rate cut. I don't think that's going to happen, though. I think he's going to at very best hold rates. If we do get into a nastier position right now economically, if Trump is already pivoting on oil prices, could he pivot in reference to Warsh trying to get him into a rate hike understanding the presence of the economy being a huge force driving what I think will be a big major pullback on the overall market. I think these are the things that right now are on Morsh's mind, and maybe that's why we're starting to see a lot of analysts pointing to rate hikes later this year. Let me know what you guys think, though, Do you think we'll get a rate hike? If not, just put rate hike or no rate hike down in the comments. I'm kind of curious because we're getting a lot of mixed a lot of mixed signals coming out of both sides on whether or not this is going to happen. One other thing you have to look at is, of course you got the Secretary Treasurer Scott Bessett kind of hitting on Wall Street Journals Nick Timmerosen. Basically, it's point too right now we have nothing coming out of the FED, and when I say we meeting the media has nothing really coming out in terms of forward guidance. So Wall Street journal is out there trying to figure out what is happening. Does anybody know anything? Is there any kind of potential opportunity on the FED back room side, much like backchannels work in a lot of policymaking, I think now is getting into the point of where news is going to have to come from, since we're not seeing that coming in from the FED themselves, like what it used to be with CHERA. Powell, where he was fairly open and you could somewhat navigate this. This, I think is a very interesting time ahead right now. I want to play a clip here because this where people actually start thinking that we're going to get two fed rake hikes.
Speaker 7: Take a look, Thank America thinks three rate hikes. I don't think it's going to I think they're wrong. Think they're going to have to say, oops.
Speaker 8: I don't think we get a three. But I came from a possibility of two this time or this year or early next year, because I think the inflation pressures are not going to subside quickly enough, and I think the kid and this year, I want to hold onto their credibility, assuming that that oil does not come back down very quickly, and even if it does, is inflation in the pipeline. And finally you got the fact that you know, the chair has been very clear that five years of missing the target is really unacceptable.
Speaker 7: Did you see the whole netimber. You probably didn't like that.
Speaker 4: I didn't love it.
Speaker 7: Well, I didn't. I know that as a reporter, me as as not a journalist, sort of was tickled by the whole thing.
Speaker 8: Did you hear?
Speaker 7: I said me is not a yeah? I like, yeah, quit the whole But that's not a surprise to you.
Speaker 8: Clear the FED needs to commute clear influence communication.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: So a couple of points there is that you've got CNBC Joe kind of pointing at the issue that they may have to back drag the Bank of America backtracking three rate hikes. This analyst coming in at two. If you look at the oil situation right now, and you can go back here right there in February, this essentially is when we were around sixty four bucks a barrel, which is somewhat the market median, and right now, of course that has retraced down to seventy eight. But of course we've seen this kind of volatility that has floated through in and around what's happening in Iran. So if this doesn't correct itself, then yes, you've got more pressure on the FED for the issue of inflation. And if you look at the poly market, let me go to this right here. This is weird because polymarket is actually showing a declining trend here on a potential FED rate hike, but yet at the same time, you've got the market saying that we might get a FED rate hike. So that's the kind of conflict that is happening because of the Fed not providing forward guidance at least on some sort of indication of how this market may move. Let's go over to the S and P five hundred. This, of course, is recorded its largest bullish bet ever in history, with more than four million call options traded on Tuesday. This also came as the index rally to an all time high at seventy seven, so one hundreds. So that in itself, could we make the eight thousand mark is the real question, and I think a lot of people are kind of pointing to that. My next clip kind of goes to that very question, is eight thousand, The next stop?
Speaker 8: Take a look, is the next stop?
Speaker 6: Eight thousand? Ed Yard Denny yesterday on closing Bill with Me eighty two fifty, he said that might look too conservative.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting here saying to myself, Okay, what can possibly go wrong?
Speaker 6: Where does that begin to reverse itself? What if we're though entering a market where you need to start thinking about what else can go right? If you're getting broadening earnings growth like Waldron's talking about, and others are obviously focused on to why stocks can can continue to go up from here. Maybe that's the more apropos question today. It's no longer fomo, it's femo. It's the earnings momentum. Don't just tell me about what tech is doing. I get that the numbers are enormous in terms of the earnings growth, but if you're talking about twelve percent for other areas of the market, that's pretty darn good too.
Speaker 1: A couple of points there that you want to kind of look at here is we continue to see inflation moving into the market, which is now starting to showcase on earnings. Earnings of course continuing to outsize, and that of course means we see these ridiculous numbers on the S and P five hundred, and now you add the potential rebates that are coming back in from all these terriffs, which could be literal windfalls for some of these Fortune five hundred companies, and they're not necessarily passing that on that's essentially going into I guess into profits. So we could see this continuation above eight thousand. The question is is when would a pullback actually occur?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: Tom Lee has talked about this before, is we could see a little bit of a pullback. Here's Jamie Diamond talking about that very same thing. Take a look market.
Speaker 10: Leverage, prime, broken leverage, headstrong leverage, eachf's leverage, treasure, arbitrage leverage. I'm double counting some of that. So leverage is pretty high. When you have that, you do have a higher chance of somebody will disrupt the market in a quick way and people get rattled over, and so that is a little high batu. A leverage of margin debt is the highest of event. There's a lot of margin debt you don't see because it's not cold margin debt. It's called other things. So it's that kind of leverage, some hidden, some public. We see a lot of it, and it's high. You know, it's not I'm not gonna say it's systemic high. It's going to cause a disaster, but it's high.
Speaker 1: It is high. And maybe there is a little bit of an indicator if you saw this situation with Leopold on situational awareness. Of course, deleveraging to a level that of course put them in a position. And now this is somewhat being corrected right now by guess who Ken Griffin and Citadel, So I don't know, very interesting times right here, guys. Could this be what Diamond is talking about? And is it the precursor to maybe even what Tom Lee had indicated in the past where we could see maybe a ten to even greater pullback off of the essen five hundred. Either this is in a position right now that we are ready for the next shoot to drop, or we're going to see something that is maybe a forever up kind of market, if in fact the AI trade can continue to hold. But to counter that, here's a clip on why the Leopold blow up was so much of a warning.
Speaker 8: Take a look.
Speaker 11: He of course had a very large following, So not only was his leverage on his forty five billion dollars, let's say it was levered one hundred and fifty billion, but there was a lot of money piggybacking on his trade. So I think in some ways, you know, the unwind and even last week was due to a lot of funds being aware that he might have been in trouble.
Speaker 9: This is probably the single weird way, greatest, most catastrophic hedge fund blow up of our careers.
Speaker 6: A former Open AI employee, also an FTX employee.
Speaker 9: I might add this guy built a forty five billion dollar as a manager company in eighteen months as a twenty four year old. Think about it. That's like a top ten headspoot in the world. People have worked thirty years on that. And I kept saying, well, what could go wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what could go wrong? Well, that we know now, and deleveraging is really what makes bottoms. This is Tom Lee talking about that, because do you think we are finally at that point? Is this just one of the indicators that could push us into a bottom. Listen to what Tom said.
Speaker 11: That's exactly what makes a bottom is. You know, you deleverage people and then you reset expectations. Crypto has so many catalysts. Since the end of June, Ethereum has outperformed memory stocks by seventy two percentage points. That's pretty huge. And now the Clarity Act, as they say in the one yard line, that's a bigger market than anything that's existed in crypto before. Robinhood wants to tokenize everything. And by the way, they could have built on any blockchain. They built robin Hood chain on Ethereum. More than a billion dollar of volume daily. Robinhood might make a billion a year from this chain, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so you can see the upside. Is there the de leveraging is starting to occur. Is there a rotation of capital incoming? Usually what indicates a little bit of a shift in the market is when you see degen activities. Remember that's kind of on the last leg of what happens in these markets. We saw that in twenty twenty one, and maybe we're seeing that right now at least on this bear market, and that is with Robinhood listing cash Cat. This of course was a meme that's been out there. If you look at the chart over on deck screener, you can see this is the movement right now that cash Cat is having after the listing. I anticipate this could just be a short term pop and you can kind of see a lot of potential here for just that. Not saying you guys should go in this at all. In fact, this is probably a bad move. But the point is is this is the kind of Degen type tokens that starts to make their way in to mainstream and Robinhood courses kind of that gateway. Other things that are happening as institutional investors now are betting against the Japanese yend and this is moving at a very fast rate. It's their second largest on record as of July twenty eighth, So this is just shy of twenty four all coming from THEFCFTC data. So let's look at this, guys. This is the thing I'm getting at right here. This is the kind of recoil that is happening right now with the end. And remember this has been a narrative that kind of started with that little note from Bessent. And now of course we've seen Japan in a position where they're trying to reroute their entire ecosystem of digital assets and trying to run to the finish line very quickly with a lot of advanced regulation, tax loopholes, etc. That has started to play. I just wonder I was starting to see a lot more opportunity brewing in Japan pushing into what's happening with digital assets. Now here's John or Andre Jig who talk about what Bessent was actually trying to do.
Speaker 5: But what that note could end up being is the perfect psychological weapon to discourage traders from betting against the yen, which is also why the yen is actually getting stronger right now because Scott Besson is making the world believe the US government's promise to buy yen is real and if he happens to be successful, he might never have to spend that much money. He's using the market's psychology against itself and all that does. What buying the yen or the illusion of it strengthens it and has measured in dollars, it makes dollars go down, which seems like that's exactly been the plan that Donald Trump has wanted for a really long time now, because think about Kevin Warsh's position, but his entire reputation is this inflation hawk right right, but in a real crisis with layoffs and a lot of fear, that's when printing trillions of dollars is not a betrayal of his principles, right.
Speaker 1: All right, So you can see there are a lot of chess pieces in motion right now. Another chess piece that plays into all of this macro is what's happening right now with Iran. If you got a deal between Iran and Oman declaring that the Strait is a transit corridor, it's expected to be announced on today. We think so if we see a little bit of movement there, what does that look like in the coming months, and what does that look like for energy prices, not only in the US, but you know, especially in China and in Europe, because those are two of the major markets that are affected by this. Now Mark Cudmore talks about this because it starts to position a couple of assets in a different way. Take a look.
Speaker 4: People are kind of pretty cynical about any kind of deal, given all the number the number of promises we've had before. I would say Gold's probably been the biggest topic of debate in my team the last twenty four hours. We had this sudden four percent surge yesterday, which just seemed completely out of line with almost everything else that was kind of happening. It's extraordinary interesting. I think that this move fundamentally makes sense. I was somebody to turn bearish gold at the start of the war. I have been burished now until this flow. I now see this as a valid move higher and maybe the start of the bull trend reasserting and ultimately longer term. Gold is just traded off dollar and real yields, and if both of them are going to be lowered, gold will be higher, all right.
Speaker 1: If you look at the gold chart, this is what he's talking about. Is this wik right here coming off of four thousand dollars gold per troy ounce now hovering at a forty two hundred So a nice move on the day. And the question is if this does start to put more pressure on other assets, do we see more liquidity started to find its way into gold, because remember there's a lot of people that are sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out what route to take, especially if we do see a rotation coming out of the Ai trade. Now Chinese investors are now rotating back into gold. You've got China's gold black ets recording fourteen consecutive daily inflow. This of course is ending on Monday. It was the longest street since March, and you can kind of see the market right there. China's gold ets fourteen days. Man, that's crazy. And then to see the kind of movement that we saw just yesterday. So is this maybe gold's bottom around four thousand dollars an ounce? And are we in a position right now where maybe Peter Ship's going to be very happy about this? So let's roll this all into one thing and that is course is going to really come down to bear on clarity.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Clarity is the real issue for digital assets for the most part. I think there's some assets out there that will continue to do and I think a lot of companies have strategies already in play around clarity. We'll talk about that soon, but I want to play this clip talking about clarity. If it's going to happen. You don't think Clarity Act will happen.
Speaker 8: You think this year is off the table.
Speaker 10: Really.
Speaker 11: I mean it's we're already in August right now, and you like sixty days once you it's going to I mean, at some point it's going to happen.
Speaker 8: But it's not going to happen, you know, this year. That's at least what our experts are saying.
Speaker 1: All right, well, the US puts a thwart on clarity at least right now, we have one more day twenty four hours essentially before the August recess occurs, and that's if they don't hold over on the weekend. Then of course you go across to Russia and they have signed their own Clarity Act into correlation with what's happening right now in the US, and that is the US is getting left behind. So now crypto is regulated within Russia, Hong Kong, most of the Pacific RIM, and we're also looking at now the EU. Where else can we go besides South America? Maybe in a handful of those countries are already in that position. The US could be the last to the game on one of the most important asset classes maybe in the history of finance. Bad times ahead here you go. This, of course, is thirteen governments now holding a combined twenty six point eight billion in bitcoin. This is coming in on bitwise. US leads, but yet we don't lead in clarity. So very very unusual things going on in DC right now, the politics that are happening in DC, and that will force the economic condition, I think right now into the FED, because the FED is going to be in a position where they have to make a decision very soon on a rate cut or a rate hike. And I think this is now the drawdown time that most of the market has been anticipating, and the FED may lead the way on a rate hike. So get ready, guys. We'll cover more soon. If you like this video, like and subscribe, drop a comment down below, and also join our free private member group. The link is in the description