Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: No, no, Dan is not here. It's made. I'm John Geldera. Sorry you got to put up with me for just this one more day. That's it. That's it. It's not that bad. We can get through it together. It was as always a treat listening to Uh, who's that guy who was before me, Brian Yueling anyway, Brian who brought up some great points about how it is Brian, isn't it? Yah would be absolutely yeah, good, all right? About how they're trying to already change the story on our vice president soon to be our president, Kamala Kamalah. That's it. I always have a problem with Kamala, and I love that, you know, it was it was she's not she's not the immigrations are She's not the immigrations are She's not the immigration Why? I was that a wonderful, wonderful thing. Let me let me take a moment here and play for you a clip from Media Research Group did this. They Media Research Center did this, and you'll hear what what they say about Kamala not being a immigrations are and then they go back to the exact same network before Biden dropped out to hear what they called what the liberals called Kamala I think you might enjoy this. Orders are respect quote unquote, borders are. Vice President Harris was not a borders are.
Speaker 3: Being time vice president and borders are Tama Harris facing some backlash.
Speaker 4: What he said about Harris and immigration was not true.
Speaker 2: She was never appointed borders are, and.
Speaker 5: This will be her first visit to the US Mexico border region since she was appointed as the borders are by President Biden.
Speaker 6: People don't have to counter the misinformation.
Speaker 2: You already hear folks talking about the borders are. She wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 6: President Biden tapped Kamala Harris Vice President Kamala Harris to be the borders are now.
Speaker 2: She wasn't the borders are.
Speaker 3: That's what Republicans labeled her.
Speaker 2: They were very critical of Kamala Harris, especially in her role as borders are now.
Speaker 6: What she's up against his soas line about her border record, calling her borders are.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris, who was appointed as the borders are the.
Speaker 6: Biden team didn't declare her the borders are. They wanted her to work on kind of the root causes of immigration.
Speaker 2: There has been so much Chrisism against Kamala Harris. You know, she was the borders are calling her sort of the borders are, which wasn't necessarily the case.
Speaker 6: So the border if they weren't planning to address it in a major way, do not make her your borders are. She met with some of the Northern Triangle countries, but nothing has effectively changed.
Speaker 2: I just love all of that. So in each one of those you heard Afterbiden dropped out, and then from the very same network, how they referred to Harris as the borders are before before that. This is what I love about our activist press. It's not that it's not even that they choose sides, it's that they actively work for that side. Yep. I've never seen a pack of wolves jump on a politician like the left media did on Joe Biden. It was amazing to see that the same people who covered for him for three and a half years, as as a guy who was fit and ready to go and turned a blind eye onto everything you and I have been talking about for three and a half years. And then as soon as it's obvious the guy can't win, they go after him. And for years Kamala was the borders are. Let me just do a little bit more of this, just because it's it's so fun. Let me give you the the companies here, borders are. Vice President has CBS News.
Speaker 6: Are the time Vice President's CBS News Hares.
Speaker 2: Facing some backlash what he said about Harry CNN immigration was not true. She was never appointed borders are.
Speaker 5: And this will be her first visit to the US Mexico border regions. And she was appointed as the borders are by also CNN.
Speaker 2: People now ms NBC, what about the borders are? She wasn't the borders are. President Biden tapped Kamala Harris, Vice President Kamala Harris to be the borders are. She wasn't the borders are. ABC News labeled her. They were very critical BBC News again.
Speaker 5: Especially in her role as borders Are.
Speaker 6: Now she's up against MSNBC Border calling her borders are.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris, who was appointed as the borders are MSNBC.
Speaker 3: Declare who the borders are?
Speaker 2: They wanted her to work on kind of CNN.
Speaker 6: There has been so much criticism against Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: You know, she was the borders are CNN sort of the borders are, baby c She wasn't necessarily the case, so.
Speaker 6: The border if they were, CNN address it in a major way. Do not make her your borders are. She met with some of the Northern Triangle countries, but nothing has effectively changed.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just lovely. It's just lovely, and it's worth not. I know it's not a surprise to you, but it's one of those things you want to have in your back pocket for when when your friends go she was never she never the borders are. It's like, no, you you guys called her the borders all we just we're just using your words, that's all. Is it? Is it really that bad? Anyway? How how delightful if you have a thought three or three seven to one, three eight two five five seven to one three talk and of course feel free to drop a text. She is on a roll. She is on a roll. Let me read this from Axios HM HM exclusive poll. Harris opens up early Edge with young voters. Here's the question, if the twenty twenty four election were held today, who would you vote for if the candidates were Joe Biden or Donald Trump? And in that one it was it was fifty three to seventy four for Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 2: How about this one if the election were held today, who would you vote for for the candidates were Kamala Harris and Donald Trump? It moves to sixty forty. Sixty forty. Harris is significantly more popular among America's youngest voters than President Biden. Well that's not a surprise, is it. This came from Generation Lab, a left leaning polling firm, so keep that in mind. Hmm. Former President Trump appears to be chipping away at Democrats in decades long hold on the youth vote, but Harris could be extending that gap once again. That's that's odd. Forty five percent of young people say they have an extremely or somewhat favorable opinion of Harris because they're stupid. If you're not young in liberal, you have no heart. If you're not old and conservative, you have no brain. So these young voters Gen Z millennial voters were key to Biden's victory in twenty twenty, they came out in huge numbers, favored him by twenty points for a Pew Research Center analysis. So it's not a surprise that this is going to be a big part of Harris's plan as well. But of course, as you know, there is no one election. There are fifty separate elections for delegates, and it's the states that choose the president. So that's going to be the issue. And I'm not at all surprised by this honeymoon phase with our vice president. It was going to be the media was going to clear a field for her. No matter what, it will erode, there's no question it will erode. The difference between Hillary Clinton and Harris is just one of exposure. People hated Hillary Clinton because they knew her for so very long. She was the first Lady and people didn't like her. She senator and people didn't like her. She became Secretary of State, people didn't like her. Why because she just has that personality that people don't like. And I know a lot of Republicans don't like hearing this, but it is the reality. People vote for candidates they like, not candidates that agree with them on policy. I don't understand that, but that's the way that is. We had so many years hearing Hillary's voice and watching her turn off crowds. She was just a delightfully unlikable person. She is the opposite of her husband, who could go into pretty much any place and they would love him because he just knew how to charm people. By the way, our own Jared Polis has a lot of that too, as did Hickenlooper when he was in his prime. Corey Gardner on the Republican side also has it. These are likable people for swing voters, but we don't have that much experience with Harris. Yeah, they know we're in California, but she hasn't been a national harp for that long. Clinton was a hard people just took a dislike to her. Harris has a cackle and a lot of people dislike her, but they haven't had years and years and years to get tired of her. That is my fear. Is it a worthy fear? Let me know? Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five And for Dan, I'm John Keldrek keep it right here six point thirty k how.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Steve Matthews still doing a lot of stuff. I define stuff, John putting out new music that people want to purchase and listen to that front, not as much, but definitely touring still and making a lot of money doing it. I used to do lights for him, no kidding, Yeah, way back when, back when I had a real job. I used to I used to actually work for a living. It was it was Were you a key grip for John? I was not a key grip. No. I I owned a stage lighting company. Oh more than a gaffer. You were a gaffer. I was not a gaffer. I don't really even know what a gaffer is.
Speaker 3: Were you a best boy?
Speaker 2: I'm a best man? Hikes. No, I owned a stage lighting company, and I used to do lighting design and did a lot of a lot of rock and roll and did lights for them at Red Rocks, And uh yeah, they were. They were nice guys. I'dlike YouTube. They were nice guys.
Speaker 3: What you heard about the whole debacle with the dumping of the Pooh right in Chicago, that was them, No help me with that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: There was an incident, Kelly, you remember this in the news, right Their tour bus was getting rid of some waste matter.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was of something they were tr emptying their tour buses. Yes, bathroom And what happened?
Speaker 3: I think it went onto a ship down below in the lake Michigan, Chicago.
Speaker 2: I think it was an airplane though they were. They basically dumped the laboratory and it landed on top of the ship, on top of what.
Speaker 8: I had to have a ship dump.
Speaker 2: That word ship, she said, ship ship A ship made that very clear. There there was a banned bluegrass band, a folk band that I did like for are called the mother Folkers and their tagline was the most carefully pronounced folk band in the world. That's awesome. Yeah, all right, three all three, seven to one, three eight two five five seven one three talk turn our sites to the to the local world. This from Colorado Politics. Eli Bremmer, the former Publican county chair, launches a bid to run for Colorado chair if the party ousts Dave Williams. A group of former former Republican county chairs led by Eli Bremer, launched a bid today to replace the GOP chairman, who is facing a vote this weekend to fire him from the party position. God, I hope. So what an embarrassment. No, to be fair, I don't have a dog in this fight. I am not a registered Republican was for most of my life. I am not now, So so what do you think I got? A group of a group of people have now called for a special meeting to decide whether or not to oust to Stave Williams. My suspicion is they probably will be successful, at which case they've got to They've got to find someone to replace him. So members of the State Party Central Committee plan to meet in a church in a church in Brighton this Saturday to consider whether or not to oust them and the other elected party officials that's Hope Shepplman and Anna Ferguson that's the vice chair and the secretary if they're unseated. The agenda then includes electing a replacement for those officers to serve through this election. Wow. Dave Williams last week sued to block the meeting from being considered official party business, but the lawsuit has yet to be heard in court. State party officials have urged Republicans not to attend, calling the meeting illegal and fraudulent. Are we getting a little tired of that? Are we getting a little tired of it's a fraud. So apparently there's other people who are looking at running for the party chair in addition to Eli Bremmer. Let's see former Weld County chair Scott Scott, James, Kevin McCarthy, Don Yittberg. These are the people who are who are running in different positions. Also, who are britt a horn fun lady is looking at that. This is this is good stuff. This is good stuff. It shows that even Republicans have had enough of this, enough of this. So I wonder if you're part of the Republican Central Committee, and I believe there's what like four hundred ish of them. I believe, and I could be wrong, they need to get sixty percent of that of those folks to vote to oust him. And so Williams saying it's fraudulent, just don't go is a wonderful way to try to make sure there's not enough people there to get the vote across. If you were a Central Committee member, how would you vote on this? Three h three seven one three eight two five five Feel free to drop a text as well. Of course I'd vote to oust him. Not only is he an embarrassment, he's he's misspending the funds. Is this a guy as republic kids are trying to build? Voters told people to burn the gay pride flag. What the this is the let's get out and lose big team? Keep it here here in six point thirty K how, I'm John Caldery.
Speaker 8: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming a c D C.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Brian Johnson lead vocal.
Speaker 2: There. I don't I don't get it. I don't get it. It's old time rock and roll. Now, that's not old time rock and roll. Helbrry is old time rocking. Well, this is just like whiny eighties stuff forty.
Speaker 3: Three years old. You disparage a c DC. The great Angus.
Speaker 2: Young, Great Angus Young. Can you imagine lifting up a newborn baby, honey to name him Angus? This is? This is This is the kind of name you can get away with when when your wife is so high on epidurals and painkillers, she doesn't know what's going on. Oh she hears, Angel Angel. What a beautiful name for our son Angel. All right, Angus it is. Did you have any wonderful names you wanted for your kids?
Speaker 3: I don't have any kids. But that kid did Angus. Yeah, after the great Angus Young.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to name one of my kids Dragon Gunner, but I had a very uncooperative partner in that, so I got nothing. You got a chance. That chance is cool. But you know, if I had my way, my son chance would be Dragon Gunner. And if not that, he would be named Elvis. Oh yeah, Elvis Caldera. Would that be great? Actually sounds pretty good. Elvis Caldera. Yeah, it would be great. And you know the grandparents would go, oh god, I can't believe you did that. But in a couple of years, maybul go Elvis, where's Elvis? Hey? Elvis? Yeah? Yeah. The problem is there are just not very many good boy names. There are tons of spectacular girl names, boy names, are they all? Yeah, let's name him Chad. No, there's just no good names out there for guys. That's why you gotta do something military and and macha like Dragon Gunner. Anybody wants to use that, feel free, come up and show me your baby called Dragon Gunner. I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so someone texted us, apparently the Dave Matthews band. It was a tour bus. What I said, killer bus Kelly doubted me. Yeah, and he also says Dave Matthews band also sucks. No, they don't. Well, they they're nice. I tell you they're nice. All right, let's get back to this, this little civil war going on inside the Colorado Republican Party in a lot of ways. I think it's how to put it meaningless, No, that would probably not be right. I think the problems with the party are so deep that whether whether Dave Williams leaves now in disgrace or after the November races in disgrace, it it doesn't it doesn't really matter. I don't know, given that there's only eighty days. Let me say that again, eighty days until ballots start dropping in Colorado. Isn't that amazing? Would a new would a new administration be able to do something in time that was meaningful? So Dave Williams took money that came to the Republican Party, used it for his own race, which might have helped if he only he won, but he didn't. And then the incredible purity test of being a Rhino and their Rhino watch. It's almost as if Republicans don't want to win in Colorado because Republicans don't want to win. In Colorado. There's a real problem with reality in politics, and it's something I deal with all the time in my role as running the Independence Institute and taking a look at the political time temperature of the state. And I have found that Republicans are among the worst when it comes to denial. You know, there's five stages of grief, was it? Elizabeth Koopler Roth studied that, and the very first one is denial. When you lose somebody, you deny that it happens before you can start to get angry about it, before you can start to bargain, before you end up finally having acceptance. The first one is denial. And I have found in my over three decades of political activism that Republicans in the state of Colorado, maybe not nationwide, but here in Colorado, in my area of the Woods, have raging with reality. They really have raging disconnect with reality. Now, I think it's a good thing to have a spirited and effective fight about when Republicans act like Democrats. And in my mind, it's pretty simple. When you raise taxes, you're a Democrat and we should we should oust you. We don't need Republicans to grow government just a little more slowly than the folks on the left. But on other issues it's usually been a wide tent that works. Why because we need the social conservatives and the fiscal conservatives and the libertarian leading Republicans and those people who are concerned about crime and those people who are concerned about society and all the rest to join together to beat a well formed leftist team. But when you have nothing but purity test after purity test, and especially if that purity test is built on hero worship, that you have to you have to not only love Donald Trump, you have to agree with him that the election was stolen. And if you're not doing that, well, then you're just a rhino. I used to think that a rhino was someone who grew the size of government, and Republicans have many, many of them, but that's changed. It's it's this odd thing that if you don't accept denying things, you won't be loved. You'll be put on the rhino watch list. Are you on the rhino watch list? John? I am? Yeah, it was. It was hysterical. Actually, not me personally. The Independence Institute, the organization that has brought us tabor and term limits and flat taxes and concealed carry permits and school choice and charter schools, and I can just keep going down the rue. The organization that has fought for thirty years against tax increases is a rhino organization and on the Rhino watch list. Now, really, what that had to do with was Dave Williams hit me up for money for one of their lawsuits. That they wanted us to put money into one of their failing lawsuits. I basically said, no, that's not our mission and I'm not spending our donors' money doing that. And the next week, surprise, the Independent Institute was a rhino organization, the which is just laughable. So you're looking at these these people who have been good conservatives. I look at our friend Christy Burton Brown and why you and I might have policy differences. This is not a woman I would call a rhino. A woman who several times tried to put a personhood amendment and get it through, get it through to vote. She's the one who spearheaded a late term abortion and she's a rhino. It makes it really makes you wonder. So the party is out of touch and watching it burn down to the ground is sad. But I think it has to happen. There is no way the conservative movement politically is going to get any better until you clean up the system. So whether he goes now or whether he goes later, I don't think it matters a lot. This is going to be This is going to be a horrific election for Republicans in Colorado. Keep in mind, you've got both Donald Trump, well hated by swing voters, and abortion beloved by swing voters, on the ballot this year. That is, you have the presidential ballot, but there's also an initiative to put protecting abortion rights into the state constitution. This is not going to be pretty. Who knows, maybe Republicans could win back a seat or two. That would be a step in the right direction. They should be able to pick up the seat up in Weld County that's held by Kevin Priola, who turned Democrat and out of step. That should be a very easy pickup. But we'll see about the other ones. If you're going to this special meeting that's been called that Dave Williams says is illegal and fraudulent, how would you vote? And if and when they vote to you're no longer the party chairman. What happens when he doesn't accept the vote? When he pulls his own Donald Trump, He's already saying that this meeting that has been brought, the special meeting that has been brought by members of the Central Committee, which apparently they can do by the bylaws, is he doesn't recognize it, and he doesn't recognize it. He's not going to recognize them yanking him from office. Then what happens? Do you then have a shadow Republican Party? How does that work? If you have an answer, I'd really love to know. Three h three seven three eight two five five What happens? Should they oust Dave Williams? And he goes, yeah, that doesn't matter because the vote was fraudulent, and therefore I'm still the guy. I am not giving you the keys to the car. I'm not giving you the codes to the bank account. I'm not giving you our checkbook. You know, come and take it. Then what happens three three seven one three eight two five five I'm John Kel Derek, keep it right here? Six point thirty k how.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Back when rock and roll songs could happen.
Speaker 7: In the backfield there you go. It would be great if ac DC did that.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see that Nash up.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, from the text line, John, the Republicans want to be part of the ABC wild world of Sports, actually wide world of sports with a tagline about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Speaker 2: How very very true. Still no takers on this. I'm surprised if you you are in the Republican Central Committee, would you vote to oust the chairman Dave Williams three or three seven to one, three eight, two five five, So no one's answered this question. Williams says this special meeting that has been called is fraudulent, that it's outside the bounds of of the party. It's not a real meeting. So assuming that that is not real meeting, they vote to oust him, and he says, I said it wasn't a real meeting. Who decides it probably goes to a court hearing. If it goes to a court hearing, it's gonna take longer than what it's going to take to get a new election anyway. So the proof of the put in is how many Republicans win. That's that's what the Republican partners to do. Traditionally they would run primaries and those primaries winners would then be get a lot of help from from the Republican Party. Now the Republican Party is playing in the primaries stealing money. I guess you couldn't say it's stealing because they got it, taking money and playing favorites in the primary.
Speaker 3: Real quiet of yeah, this actually happened in my home state of Michigan. Almost an identical script in which Christina Karamo is one of these very maga election denying type Republicans was the chair and they were looking to oust her and replace her with a longtime congressman he may have even heard of him, more establishment ty Pete Hookstra and the National The RNC had to step in and basically settle the dispute because to your point, Karama was refusing to leave that. She's like, no, you can't just ouse me.
Speaker 2: And did the Nationals come in and say no, you're out? Yes?
Speaker 3: And Hookstra right now is the chair of the Michigan Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Why do I have a feeling that even if the RNC came into Colorado and said, Dave, you're no longer the chair, Wait, how do you hand over the checkbook. Does he still have money? Right? And remember how he got this money. The money really wasn't from fundraising. The money was getting some money from the nationals, but also shaking down presidential candidates for forty grand each if they wanted to appear on the Republican primary ballot in this state, many states, most states, I don't think do that. But this is a way to get all these guys to you know, Haley gives you this, and Ramaswami gives you fifty to forty grand, and everybody gives you forty grand. Before you know it, you got hundreds of thousands of dollars. And it's not fundraising. It's just a shakedown.
Speaker 3: What if Trump himself came in with Laura and said, Dave, if I had would even listen.
Speaker 2: To Dave, Dave, you're fired. I don't you know. The reality is again, I know Republicans don't like to deal with the reality. The reality is Trump has no shot in Colorado, and therefore he's not gonna really come in here to help Dave Williams or to hurt Dave Williams. My guess is he doesn't care. That would be my guess. So help me out with this. If Dave Williams doesn't leave office after he's kicked out, what should happen? I'm John Caldera three oh three seven one three eight two five five seven one three tough, keep it right here. You're on six point thirty. K out