Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Let's find out what's up with Nick Poliochini as he joins us as customary each and every Tuesday in studio, Nick, my brother, what's happening?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: The seventieth anniversary the seventieth birthday of Disneyland Park, which happens July seventeenth, but kicks off this Friday in Anaheim.
Speaker 3: So it's been wild.
Speaker 4: And the thing that it sounds funny whenever I talked about Disneyland, Everybody's like, oh, blah blah blah blah, Disney adult and all that. I've actually gotten a lot of question surprisingly my dms of why do I care about Disney so much?
Speaker 3: And it's because I used to Why are you? Or why should anyone else?
Speaker 4: Well, I will tell you why you should care, But why do I personally care? Because it's a very expensive hobby quote unquote, you got that right, And it's because I used to work there. So from ninety eight until two thousand and three, I was part of the Disneyland Resort expansion team. So I went in and reopened the plaza in on Main Street and New Tomorrowland in nineteen ninety eight, and then I did many many jobs within the Walt Disney Company, including Disney University and creating all the training programs for the expanded resort to open, Disney California Venture Park, the Grand California Hotel, and all the operating partner locations down to Disney.
Speaker 2: That seems like it would be a contradiction because it was seen to me that would take away all the magic because you're behind the scenes. You're seeing Disneyland in the daytime when there is no magic going on.
Speaker 4: And I can totally understand that, but it really was something more so that solidified the magic for me because I got to be a magic maker, and that's the whole concept behind cast members. They are who make the magic happen. Even though you've got amazing technology and you have so many immersive experiences, and now you've got Lucas Limited as part of the family and Marvel Entertainment as part of the family, so you've got all these things that really Pixar that round out the Disney product. You have cast members that are working and that's what they're called. Just like if you're going to be in a theater show or an actor, you're cast member, whether you're working in technical behind the scenes or you're on stage, you're bringing magic to those who are visiting the Disneyland resort or Walt Disney World, or Disneyland Paris or Tokyo Disneyland, any of those resorts around the world. So much happens, and I think that that's the thing that I'm not just somebody that's like ooh, I like it. It's something that is ingrained in me and what being my very first job, truly, it's what kind of created the monster that is Nick Poliochani. It is the person, my guest service attitude, the way I interact with people. All those things have been created because of that background with the Walt Disney Company. And it's wild because it's a very different beast now, but there's still so many people. In fact, I'm very excited both Steve Vaalkenberg and Jim Pryor, who have been with the resort for over forty five years, coming up in July, just after the seventeenth, I will be hosting their retirement, their retirement ceremonies at the resort, and I'm so excited and ecstatic to be returning as kind of you know, an interim cast member for one day.
Speaker 3: Why do you help them out?
Speaker 4: But anyway, Anniversary, Celebrate Happy is what is coming to the Disneyland Resort. I was there all day today media preview wild I brought a couple of treats that are shelf stable to share. There are seventy food items to start out the celebration on Friday, seventy seventy seven zero for the seventieth between Disneyland Park, Disney California Venture and also Downtown Disney. So that doesn't mean that there won't be more than seventy, but we've got seventy to start you out. If you're joining us on YouTube a mister mo Kelly, you can see some of the stuff that I've got. This is the new popcorn bucket that just premiered today at the resort. There's also one if you happen to be a Magic keyholder, which is their annual past program. There is a special cooler that you can get just some of the fun stuff. I mean, the color profile of the palette is in cool colors purple and blue. But there's so much happening, I just I can't even begin to tell you because things are coming back to the resort Wondrous Journeys, which is an epic fireworks show. We'll be returning to Disneyland Park as will paint the night Over at Disney California Adventure Park. I got a peak of it. If you check out Nick Pouliochania this weekend with Nick on Instagram, you'll be able to see a sneak peak of better Together a Pixar Power Around celebration. Oh wow, that's back at Disney California Venture.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Brand New World of Color will be premiering on Friday.
Speaker 4: I will be there live and covering that, so not to steal any thunder from cult classic movie, but you know, around the same time period, you might want to check out Nick polio Chania this week of a Nick because I'll be live from Disney California Adventure with a first look at World of Color, the brand new World of All. Thank you, sir, I appreciate that. And there's just so much more happening. And I think the thing that's most exciting Disney does celebration years well every five years, that you really and this is globally every five years. Now, I wish it was a little bit more like Tokyo Disneyland because they're committed to every five years having a brand new celebration here at Disneyland. Any of the milestones that we have. So we did the sixtieth, we did sixty fifth, We're now doing the seventieth, and then seventy fifth will be the big one after this. But this should be around a twelve to eighteen month celebration with lots of surprises coming. So much happening, I can't even begin to scratch the surface on I know it sounds silly to be forty three years old and ecstatic about Disneyland, but it is amazing. And the funnier part is both Lucas Limited and Marvel Entertainment are in on it. In fact, I have one of the toys for you to play with here. This is a spider Bot from IT.
Speaker 3: Put it real close to the camera so they can see. So this is Spiderbot from the Avengers campus. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, there we go, and it will I'll try to show you exactly. If you're joining us on YouTube or Instagram, you can see what it is. But you can turn it on and it actually lights up and has a whole interactive component.
Speaker 3: Batteries not included. Oh no, they're included, promise. But little creepy up yeah, I wass get that the Jesus out of me if I were right.
Speaker 4: So, but if you are familiar with the vendors campus at Disney California Adventure, this is very integral to web Slinger's the attraction the sound as well.
Speaker 3: Oh it does make sound.
Speaker 4: So think of back in the day for folks that used to have the wind up toys. This is one that you just press the button and.
Speaker 3: It keeps going. That would scare a.
Speaker 4: Child, yes it might, but it's well worth it, so I mean, I'm down for it. But if you go check out web Slingers at Disney Cover and Adventure, you will see the spiderbots there there. But there's so much happening I can't even begin to really scratch the surface. There will be a new character cavalcade, there's the seventy different food items that will be joining. There's a brand new seventieth anniversary of Story of Celebration guided tour that you can take part in.
Speaker 3: This is popcorn. This is popcorn bucket.
Speaker 2: See, this is why you need to be on YouTube, right now at mister mo Kelly subscribe like you can see all these things.
Speaker 4: Oh, it changes color. It changes colors naturally showing and naturally it does now. Unfortunately it's a little bit flickery on YouTube because of the bitrate.
Speaker 3: But other than that, this.
Speaker 4: Is it's a really solid color for those solid color yes, So while you're seeing it flash between blue and green, it is moving back and forth between blue and green. But it's definitely something there. One of the cooler things that is around for the forty or fortieth. The seventieth Tapestry of Happiness will be a new projection show at Small World. Also, the Celebrate Happy Cavalcade will be to be the first time that Duffy and Shelley May from Disneyland Tokyo Disneyland will be here to celebrate along with Mickey and Minnie. If you're not familiar with Duffy, Duffy is Mickey Mouse's stuffed bear that is very very popular at Tokyo Disneyland. And also he has many many friends like Shelley May and Ulamel from Alani over on O Wahu and a whole bunch of different characters, so that's something exciting. And then something's brand new that already has premiered at a Small World is Coco, and Miguel and Dante from Coco now are featured in the Mexico section, which is yeah, so there's that. Also new editions to toy Story at Midway Mania. That's the attraction that's at the rear of Disney California Adventure where you kind of are shooting at different carnival style games and then again already talked about it, but better together it picks our pals at Celebration Parade is well, it'll be back on Friday, but I actually got a sneak preview of that today.
Speaker 2: Do you have an obsession with popcorn? I see nothing but popcorn. I see like some chili cheese flavor.
Speaker 3: Pop right, which you should try.
Speaker 4: You should really try that on the air, because we like to try things and we like to asmr eat in people's ears here at later on Mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Then we'll have to do it next segment. That's fine, We're good with that.
Speaker 4: But yes, popcorn is definitely a very popular thing, especially the buckets at the theme parks across the country here and something California too, But.
Speaker 2: It's later with Mo Kelly. Nick Palakheti joins me with a lot of stuff in studio. You have to log on to the YouTube video simulcast to be able to see it.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 2: Popcorn buckets lighting up chili cheese flavored popcorn, just some candy bars. We haven't even gotten to some of the seventy different food items they have the seventieth anniversary celebration of Disneyland. That more with Nick Paliochety in just a moment. KFI A six forty YouTube also Instagram, iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 4: What's for you?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 2: We're live on YouTube, We're live on Instagram, We're live on iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Nick Poliochetty joins me.
Speaker 2: Still in studio, we're talking Disneyland seventieth anniversary. And if you look right now on YouTube or Instagram, you can see that Nick is all disneyed out.
Speaker 3: Where do you get this stuff from? Are you buying it? And they're sending it to some.
Speaker 4: Of It's what's very fun? No no, no, I mean that's let's be real. It is not a cheap habit. So when you see what I'm wearing. Oh, I love this, Daniel Rockstar. This is the brand new promotion for Celebrate Happy, which is the brand new the YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah You've got.
Speaker 4: If you are not joining following mister Mokelly on YouTube or on Instagram, you're missing out because you're seeing a brand new commercial that just premiered for the seventieth Celebrate Happy, which is the theme for the seventieth at Disneyland Resort, but specifically for Disneyland Park. To go back to your question, this is actually from D twenty three from What I'm Wearing is a special edition from D twenty three Expo.
Speaker 3: Which could seventy on it's ranking. It's new nude.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's so what's funny is this is only exclusive to that event, and now if you look at everything, it's going to be more down this path, so it's going to be these are the logos that you're experiencing. Also, the color palette is different. You can see there's lots of greens and aqua's on What I'm wearing. Uh, and then it's now more down the purple and the pink and the blue and all that fun stuff. So that gives you kind of an idea of what is in fact right now if you're following us on YouTube or Instagram, I'm holding chili cheese the flavored popcorn up to the camera and uh, I gave a little bit to everybody who has a camera. So try it. We'll here have some more more here. Yeah you you last time I checked your names on the show. Please anyway, lots of fun and excitement to be had again. I have will be giving you, Oh Mark Ronner, No, oh that it was define Okay, I was gonna say we didn't give market that he didn't deserve.
Speaker 3: No, I give it to it.
Speaker 5: No, I have some use swine. I think we could use I think we could use a beer with it. Though. Are we allowed to do that?
Speaker 3: Nixt I mean we've done it before, we have done it. We did it last week. I'm all, can you tell this is how we roll?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: It later?
Speaker 4: Anyway, all the fun stuff you can check out Nick Polio'keanny this weekend a Nick on Instagram. I want to give over to the free ninety nine and all that stuff as well, because I don't want to leave you high and drag because obviously it's a high ticket cost an item. But the thing I want to encourage you if you are not able to make it to Disneyland Park or Disney Californiadventure Park. Downtown Disney has so much going on that's ten bucks for parking, very inexpensive. You can really go and enjoy yourself, so it is well worth it to check out. I want to talk about the California Strawberry Festival. You may be familiar with the Strawberry Festival that takes place in Garden Grove. The California Strawberry Festival actually is happening this weekend and that is in Ventura, so you can get the details for that. Nick poliyo' kanny this week im a Nick on Instagram or social media in general. There's a link in bio that connects all of them together with all the details. Also Street Food Cinema, which you've talked about here with this Weekend a Nick and later with the mo Kelly. It's kicking off for their summer season very very soon, starting up next month. But you've got a couple of things coming up. Most of them are celebrations, like the thirtieth anniversary of the Goofy movie.
Speaker 3: You'll have Goony is this coming here. It's insane.
Speaker 2: I know, anythink yeah yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I mean you've got everything going on from nine to five, ten Things I Hate about You, Pretty Woman, Toy Story will be around in July, and Sisteract. All these are very very inexpensive or possibly free ninety nine. Check out again this weekend with Nick or Nick Poliochanny on Instagram if you're interested in heading down to San Diego. I know we have a lot of folks that always chime in on the chat. Oh look, there's me with an interview that I did for the If you're following us on YouTube, you can see an interview that I did for what I'll be talking about next weekend, which is actually the Strawberry Festival that takes place. Is it next weekend? Memorial Day weekend? So that'll be taking place in garden Ge weekend? Next, yes, next, there you go. Not this coming one, but the following twenty twenty five Lego festivals underway at all seven resorts globally, but specifically down in Carlsbad here in San Diego. So if you're a fan and of Lego, you've got so much happening and actually started on the third and runs through the eighth. That is just included with the price of admission if you're looking for something. Also in San Diego they have the Wonderfront Music and Arts Festival. Some of it is free ninety nine, some of it does require a ticket. And then also it is going to be the final weekend of Viva la Musica down at SeaWorld, So that's been going the second and it goes through this weekend with a lot of Latina music, Latin music and artists that'll be rolling through. So much happening. Plus we are coming up a Memorial Day. I will have so much to go with you and cover with you ideas and things. And then we've got summer right around the corner. That's right wild, and I'm already sweating like a pig here, Like you.
Speaker 3: Know what that means. You're gonna go to Chateau lem Well, Chatele.
Speaker 4: Mo and the live broadcast for my anniversary fourteen years together my husband Brian, ten years married.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we we still got to figure out that whole you know, vow situation. Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: And also I know that I'm going to be reaching into my deep pockets of information and contact, so at least we'll be definitely getting some popping flavors from Long Beach, all right, with a special rocket bomb pop that your red, white and blue that you usually get from the ice cream truck that rolls to the neighborhood. They have that flavor of popcorn. So we'll definitely be having that at Chateau Lemo for the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: You need to find out who the hell is going, Stephan?
Speaker 2: Are you going?
Speaker 3: I know Mark isn't going. I'm not even gonna try. I'm not even gonna try.
Speaker 2: Well, I like to be asked. You know, you've always been invited. You're just ass just and just doesn't show up.
Speaker 5: I would like an invitation with one of your wax seal things so that it looks official, like.
Speaker 3: Melted and everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, and to do the.
Speaker 3: Thing with your ring and the wax. No oh wow, No, no, it's not gonna happen. No one gets that. You get the oral invite, the verbal verbal.
Speaker 5: I don't think I want the oral invite, Not not today, Stephan.
Speaker 3: Are you are you gonna think I'm gonna try to make it other this year? All right?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You should?
Speaker 2: You should, Danny come into the house chat.
Speaker 3: Believe that's how we were all okay love for.
Speaker 2: Those who don't know, very quickly, each year we have a live broadcast at my house and we also have a baking dessert.
Speaker 4: It's expanded to dessert because Big Mike won with that avocado pudding or whatever.
Speaker 3: Sister won last year.
Speaker 2: Hers was with the red white, white, red white and blue flag cake.
Speaker 3: I have to find the video.
Speaker 4: I know you can find it on mister Mokelly and Nick Poulio Kenny this week on Nick fifteen Minute Footy. But your sister with the cut and reveal of that cake. She wanted everyone knew, you know everybody. I understand, but I'm saying like she should be on Food Network. That was such a reveal to have the audible gasp that happened July for those I don't think I can do it justice.
Speaker 2: But she did this cake and you cut it and it was right in the middle of a flag. It shilled the flag. I don't know how many stars, but it was red, white and blue.
Speaker 3: No, she had it.
Speaker 4: And so what happened is you had all of that set up like a flag and she literally had to layer the cakes in a very specific way. When she was putting the buttercream between the layers, and from the outside you had no idea because it just look like a beautiful frosted cake. And then she cut into it and we all knew because she's won in the past. Yeah, we all knew she was going to bring her a game, but this was a whole next level.
Speaker 2: Supposedly, fok reporters supposed to be the judge this year. He was supposed to come last year, but he had some things which came up, some you know, eventualities where he couldn't come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's supposed to be the judge.
Speaker 2: If he's listening right now, Damnitneil uois in appearance. Yeah in a few years, buddy, Yeah, it's about time you show up and judge a dessert contest since you know everything about food.
Speaker 4: Although last year we had a great one. We had a chef that judge last ye year did which is amazing. So be sure to keep an eye on mister mo'kelly both YouTube, Instagram and then also this Friday, Saturday Sunday, I will be at the Disneyland Resort. Check out Nick polliokany this week I with Nick fifteen minute footy all the things on social media because I will have so much Wildwall coverage in the social realm. So yeah, not to steal any thunder from Coke Classic Movie or any of our weekend talent here at KFI.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty