Speaker 1: One three to one Austin.
Speaker 2: Dust got a new command for your smart speaker, and it's really easy. Just ask it to play one O three one Austin. It's the JV and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one O.
Speaker 3: Three point one.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the JV and Sandy Hour. Thanks for being here. We do it Monday through Friday, seven until eight o'clock. If you're listening. By the way, if you're listening to the iHeartRadio app, set us as a preset. The new update on the iHeartRadio app allows you to set your favorite stations, just like you do in your car. All you have to do is tap save as a preset. I'm Sandy, This is JB. Hello, Trish's here too. Hi everybody and Tricia. Coming off big birthday celebration yesterday. All kinds of great prizes. You got, Tips, treats were delivered to the house.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: Our daughter had him sent. She kind of gave it away a little bit because.
Speaker 1: She was real, Hey, are you home? When do you think you'll be home? Once you get home?
Speaker 4: Are you going to be home all day?
Speaker 5: You knew something around.
Speaker 4: All right, something's coming And it was tips they were delicious.
Speaker 5: Those don't disappoint warm.
Speaker 1: Still, yeah, the milk.
Speaker 3: Come with did you get milk with it?
Speaker 4: No, she didn't send the milk. She probably cause she knew we have milk here. But yeah, milk and monkies is the best.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys saw this, but another company is relocating from California to Austin. Did you did you see what it is? It's a pretty big one too. Yeah, Realtor dot com moving from California to Austin, which is really great because Austin needs a few more real.
Speaker 4: Estate agents, right, Yeah, you just can't find one when you need it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't find a real estate agent anywhere in this town. And that's great news. We'll have more to choose from from Realtor dot Com. They're gonna they're coming to Austin. Good lord. Everybody you meets a real estate agent in Austin with their picture on their business card never understood that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I guess they're probably going to take over a building. We'll probably see a big signage, you know, all these buildings going up. They'll probably take over a whole building. Who knows, there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of plenty to choose from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's plenty of office space in Austin to choose from. Because of COVID, people aren't going into work, right, they're just right staying at home.
Speaker 5: But anyway, then they're building more buildings, like there's some more in the queue, Like how are we gonna feel like? There must be enough bodies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like at some point they're gonna be like, Okay, hold on, let's.
Speaker 4: Just slow down, let's just wait, Let's just see what's going to happen here.
Speaker 3: You've got a dog fight going on over there.
Speaker 5: Right, I know my dogs are wrestling behind me. Sorry, the new little one, the one year old, he's just relentless on the old guy.
Speaker 6: You know, the noise, both of them, they going kind of growl and they're playing.
Speaker 5: They're not tough at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like two giant dogs and then you pick them up and it's a little Clyde, a little back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like a big, tough dog fight.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what I love doing.
Speaker 2: See, I'm in Nebraska right now, and uh, Jamie and Trish are back in Austin. I'm staying at my parents' house for a little bit helping him out as my dad came home from the hospital. And they have a little dog, a little shits you, and her name's Bridget and she goes barking, barking, barking in the house at whatever's going on in the backyard or the neighbors or somebody walking by. And then I go down and I open the door that goes out to the backyard, and I'm like, all right, don't show them out, tough yard, go ahead, And the dog just stands and looks at me, looks at me.
Speaker 1: That's not how we do this.
Speaker 2: I'm not going out there. We got five inches of snow last night, so how'd that feel? You have some childhood flashbacks? Yeah, it is. It's weird. It's very strange. And it was funny putting the dog out after the snow.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: She takes two steps out, does her business, turns, the ground comes right back in.
Speaker 3: She knows what's happened.
Speaker 4: Well, her legs are like what three inches long, so her belly is right there.
Speaker 1: In the snow. I would do the same thing, I think if I were her.
Speaker 2: And then yesterday afternoon she went romping through the snow up to see her her friend next door who's a husky who is built for this weather. It's like, you know, I can't remember that dog's name. Anyway, I'm going to be back, coming back on Saturday or if I can't wait to give it you guys.
Speaker 3: But it's been a lot of rain in Austin, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we did finally get like I mean, it's just been months and months where maybe you just get a little foggy drizzle. I mean, this was some legit, right, which is nice, much needed.
Speaker 2: Really needed to fall in the right spots for Lake Travis to fill up.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing this one wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't Yeah, and today super cold like yesterday Wednesday was you know, pretty normal, like fifties, low sixties. I guess today freezing cold outside. The canceled the throwers for our daughter's track meat because it was all all they did so cold this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh. I have a love it though. But then apparently tomorrow it's gonna be seventy five degrees again, Like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh, because her track meat was during the school day today, right, it was the first thing in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she was very Hey mom, I got to let you know I'm in a miss school all day on Thursday. What she did not know is that I had spoken to another parent who said, as soon as she's finished with her event, she can go back to her class. And I was all, I'm gonna stop you right there before you get in a lot of trouble for lying to me. I know that you can go back to class, and she's all busted.
Speaker 2: Trisha's got the story we love in just a moment. I've already forgotten what it's about. You just told us, but I've forgotten already what's it about.
Speaker 4: It's about an Uber Eats driver who got busted picking up an order for somebody, and I'm all on board with this. I think this should happen more often. Maybe we need to adjust some stuff with the food delivery.
Speaker 2: Details coming up. In just a second, be sure to grabbed the podcast. Maybe you're ducking into work, or you're ducking whatever you're doing right now and you can't be with us for the entire hour. You can always get the podcast version of it and listen that way, so we encourage you to do that. Just go to the iHeartRadio app and listen when you want these stories we.
Speaker 4: Love so a lady placed an order for Uber Eats to pick up and bring it to her. It took a little while for it to get there, and when she opened up the bag, there was a handwritten note in the bag from somebody who worked at the restaurant, the person who actually prepared her food order, and it said, Hi, your Uber Eats driver ate lunch in our store when your order was already ready to go.
Speaker 1: I've remade it fresh. Please give him one star.
Speaker 4: WHOA So unsurprisingly comments were going crazy. Some people are like, well, they got to eat sometimes, and other people were like, well, he could have delivered an order and then taken thirty minutes off to eat his own meal. Why take possession of the order and then sit there for a.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My observations have been that people that work at restaurants, the weight staff, I don't know about the cooks and stuff.
Speaker 3: They hate Uber Eats.
Speaker 2: It's just a pain in their rear to do, and that they all talked to several of them and he said, she said, most of them are just rude too. They they come in and they just hold their phone up with whatever order it is for the person to read. Never a high How are you they just hold it up and wait, and they think that they should get to the front of the line if there is a line and all.
Speaker 5: That, and they got those big obnoxious backpack heaters on.
Speaker 4: They're like everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I have a problem with Uber Eats, like getting my own food delivered. Maybe it's the cost, but I don't have any problem with pizza getting delivered.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's old school, tried and true.
Speaker 4: I mean, my big thing with with like food delivery services like Uber Eats or door Dash is it's not ever hot when you get it, because they do sometimes have three or four other stops to make before they get to your house. And then you've heard stories about like people reaching in and eating your French fries or something, you know what I mean. And it's crazy expensive. I just have never jumped on that bandwagon.
Speaker 5: How do you guys feel about the grocery shoppers that are on a mission, because I like, I love grocery shopping and I'm not in a big rush and they're just racing through there putting the order together, and I mean, God bless them. They're just trying to make a living and do work. They just run you over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that big cart pulling it behind you and don't ask him if they can tell you where something is.
Speaker 1: For some reason, they get really angry. If the ones I've dealt with, if you're like you clearly work here.
Speaker 5: I think they know if they're a professional shopper.
Speaker 1: Right, if that's all they do.
Speaker 4: But people it seems like they're a little like, that's not what I do, very kind of snooty about it has been my ex experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that going to the grocery store with the shopping list, there's going to be one item on it that is just impossible to find. They moved, right, It's just always like that. They move stuff around all the time and it doesn't make any sense. The one that the one thing, the one that I remember the most, that drove me the most crazy, was like around Thanksgiving a few years ago. I had to go and had a very short list of things, cherry pie filling. Where would you think cherry pie filling would go in the grocery store?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's on one of two aisles, all right, what aisles do you think either the canned fruit ale or the baking aisle?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I was convinced it should be in the canned fruit aisle, and finally no, no, it was in the baking aisle, like it doesn't make any sense to oh.
Speaker 3: I was getting hot.
Speaker 2: And then finally I asked the wrong person and they're like, no, I don't work here, and they're like, uh. Finally found someone at it TB that literally walked me right to it, which was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know ATB has the app.
Speaker 4: Now you can download it and you can set your home store and if you can't find something, you open it up and you enter it and it tells you exactly the ie that it's on, what side of the aisle, it's on halfway down, and it tells you exactly where everything is.
Speaker 5: I've been wanting that forever.
Speaker 4: I don't know yet it's a thing because the guys, I think so Yeah, And the reason I know about it is because I got shamed. We were just talking about the other day when I'm like, Sandy, how do you do this? And You'll go, well, let me see, let me look it up on YouTube, like kind of snotty. Sometimes the hib I feel like the hib workers are doing that, which they're not. They're nice, but when I go, where's cherry pie feeling and they're like, well, let me just look it up on my app.
Speaker 1: Here that shows me where everything in this store.
Speaker 7: I need that.
Speaker 5: I need that so bad I'm grabbing that.
Speaker 2: I'm grabbing that today still to come a JB boy helpful. Well, Jabe, I'm dying to hear what got you on Instagram? And after you tell us about it, I'm going to tell you about a documentary that I started to watch. I started watching, haven't finished yet, but it has to do with people buying things based on ads that they see on social media and how Amazon is set up to get you to buy by By.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's called By Now.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you more about it in just a minute, but first, what got you on Instagram?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it obviously must be the algorithms of things I'm following, and you know, there's I've been on this kick for a while and there's just so much new science about what's healthy, what's not right, what are you putting in your body, what's not everybody's talking about it now with RFK Junior just you know, it's top of mind, and clearly it was in my algorithm. I think it's because I follow that doctor Barbara. You ever follow that woman that thinks she's Australian and gives medical advice. Anyway, this kept popping up in my Instagram feed and I was like, fine, I'll get it, Like I yell at my fine, just stop. And this is probably things that your your grandma did on the regular, but it is just it has just died. So I got this book recommended to me on Instagram. It is the Home Apothecary Forgotten Home Apothecary, two hundred and fifty Natural Remedies. Can you see that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like a little grandmother's pantry.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And so this woman compiled all these issues a PhD, herbalist, scientist, survival skills consultant, wild food expert. But anyhow, I'll just randomly.
Speaker 3: It sounds like she has harry armpits, is what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 4: It sounds like she would survive a zombie apocalypse, is what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's say you're having a little ibs problem, right, they recommend a peppermint oil. It's a cup of fresh peppermint leaves and one cup of Carrier oil, olive oil, almond oil, or coconut oil, and then it tells you how to prepare it.
Speaker 4: It's peppermint like, it's basic stuff you probably already have in your house.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, So let's say, let's see cold and flu season. Here's a soothing elixir that they recommend and probably a lot of people are going through that. This is a good timing. Yeah. A teaspoon of chopped thyme, teaspoon of chopped licorice root, teaspoon of chopped yarrow leaves.
Speaker 1: Maybe I may not have everything in your pantry right now.
Speaker 5: Chopped white willow bark, a chopped joint fur leaves, cup of water and a cup of glycerine. And then it tells you how to cook it. A lot of these you cook over the stove.
Speaker 4: Oh, and then you like drink it or gargle, Tricia, It.
Speaker 2: Kind of reminds me of the butt water with the water the acupuncturist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah absolutely. I had hives and so I went to an acupuncturist and they normally make you drink like a tea like you brewed. They give you a bag of stuff and it's got all kinds of leaves and stuff in it. You don't know what all is in it. You brew it as a tea and you drink it. And the one she gave me, she handed it to me in a paper bag and she said, do not look inside. Whatever you do, just brew it and drink it. Of course I looked inside and there were like exoskeletons of bugs that were brewed in the tea.
Speaker 1: And she said, it tastes like butt water, but it does the trip.
Speaker 4: So look up butt water in your book and so.
Speaker 5: And some of these are a lot more simple, like that one with all those different kinds of leaves and bark. That was a little complicated. But if you need help with deep sleep, how easy is this banana? Whole?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: Banana, two cups of water, cinnamon and honey.
Speaker 1: Oh that sounds delightful. I feel like I would put that like on toast or something.
Speaker 5: Right, And.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, have you tried any of them yet?
Speaker 5: And have like you know, no, it literally just showed up yesterday, And so I will try some of these. I just think it's really interesting for blood pressure. If you've got blood pressure problems, Yeah, one cinnamon stick, one cup of water and honey or lemon can help with blood pressure. That's it all right again. It's called the Forgotten Home Apothecary two hundred and fifty Powerful Remedies at your fingertips, Nicole Appellian ap E l I A n PhD.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds pretty good. Look this one up.
Speaker 4: This was one of my grandmother's tried and trude ichy thol.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of ikey thol?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: My grandmother used to put on all of the grandkids. It's actually something called ichthamol, but she called it ikey thol. And she said with like if we got like a thorn or a splinter or something, she would put it on there. And she said this could suck a dog out of the well. It's super powerful. And I was an adult when I found out was actually horse medicine.
Speaker 6: Oh, hike thal. She put on everything, all your your pharmacy was Callahan's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: She put it on the dogs and the grandkids and the horses and not think it was weird at all.
Speaker 1: I feel like that ikey thal should be in your book.
Speaker 2: So JB, you know this whole thing is about JB and Instagram ads get you. They work for you JB's but a lot of things from Instagram. You should check out a documentary that I was recommended to me. I've started watching it, but I haven't got barely into it. And it's called By Now and it's all about what I'm told it's all about. Is all about how the algorithm is playing to you to get you to buy more stuff, more and more and more, and how well Amazon. It has a lot of the early Amazon code writers and programmers talking about how the whole thing is set up to make it as easy as possible. And then of course, from then it goes on to all the waste that is generated from Amazon.
Speaker 3: In fact, my friend that told me.
Speaker 2: About it said that his wife was so disgusted by it she couldn't watch anymore.
Speaker 1: She's like, this is wow, this is if this is true, this is.
Speaker 5: Ruined a lot of things. Yeah, yeah, that's like there's that documentary about the ocean and fishing industry and I didn't need any fish for quite a while. Really yeah, I mean I got over it, but I backed way off.
Speaker 3: Can we imagine a world without Amazon? Though? Come on, come on.
Speaker 1: Whos at this point?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Who wants to live in that world? I do not at all.
Speaker 1: Who wants to wait five to seven business days for something that you order? Who's gonna do that? Come on?
Speaker 5: I mean for me, it's all about well, even if I you know, you used to make a list and keep it on your fridge right of things that you needed from home, depot or whatever, it's just like it'll be here probably end of today. Yeah, it's too convenient. I know it's it's terrible, but man, it's convenient.
Speaker 2: Think about Think about when your mom ordered something for you out of the Sears and Roebuck catalog and it was six to eight weeks to get it, to get it, it was six to eight weeks.
Speaker 3: We've come a long way, come a long long way. Thank you, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: We'll see on the radio every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. It's the Jamie and Sandy Show. Make sure you're here with us every day, seven until eight o'clock each morning. Grab the podcast version of the show. Still to come, Jamie, you don't know about my Omaha weather girl? Diya my girlfriend up here?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Tristan knows all about her. She's the local weather girl in Nebraska where I am right now. Because my dad had a little health incident. I came up to help out, but I got to tell you about her, and I got kind of some bad news about her too. So stay with us. That's coming up on Austin's eighty station. What O three point one.
Speaker 8: Goes to street. Oh man, I welco.
Speaker 9: Up this mine honest money.
Speaker 2: That was so.
Speaker 10: Not everywhere.
Speaker 8: Judge month fun Di Stession.
Speaker 1: You know I didn't even care.
Speaker 8: Said a two thousand.
Speaker 5: Seal several body amount of time.
Speaker 8: I was so to night I found a body.
Speaker 11: Like this ninety ninety.
Speaker 12: I was streaming, well, brother, listen to me not not too fast.
Speaker 9: Like a buy and buy last from the song Lo my.
Speaker 11: Mondself fair fight.
Speaker 8: So we've for got a dime. Don't listen to my body tonight.
Speaker 11: Three two thousand several zero body of thousand times tho body that is nineteen ninety nine. If you didn't come to buy a buy nine all my dog line a bucket by is very.
Speaker 8: Let's go a bot.
Speaker 5: You could all time.
Speaker 8: Get a day.
Speaker 11: Now but three and the hen imile out the.
Speaker 8: Way three two two thousand, several zero. Body stop.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got a new command for you to listen to us on your smart speaker. Just say play one O three one Austin. It's the JD and Sandy Show. It's Austin Davies Station. One O three point one. A chance to win one thousand dollars later this morning. That is at nine o'clock your first chance to win, and we do it every hour right up until so claim your thousand dollars at nine o'clock. So again, just to repeat over again because a lot of new listeners may have missed it that I am in Omaha, Nebraska right now where I grew up. In fact, i'm doing this the show from my childhood bedroom, and JB. It's kind of weird when I sit here and look around of all the things that happened in this bedroom when I.
Speaker 3: Was a child.
Speaker 2: It's pretty darn funny that I'm in it right now, to be honest with you, it's just kind of kind of weird.
Speaker 5: But when I don't have that experience, Yeah, my parents are not in the you know, where I grew up, so I've never had that nostalgic thing I think it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of unusual for this, like for you to be an adult and be in the house that you grew up in, right, because parents move and you know, all the time. So when I come up here, I always got to check out my local weather girl. And her name is Emily Rohler ore O e h l e R. And I have a little bit of a weather a crush on her, right, and I watch her every time I come up here.
Speaker 3: My dad always points points out, there's your girl, Sandy.
Speaker 1: There she is.
Speaker 2: And I got bad news on this trip because I found out she got married. Would you like to see a picture of her JV? Yeah, yeah, okay, let me do a little screen share here for you and I'll show you Emily here she is ready, boom, there she is.
Speaker 5: Oh she's a cutie.
Speaker 4: Yeah right right, And uh, like I could genuinely hear this sadness in your text when you sent me that information, and then I had to comfort you and I was like, this whole thing is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anyway, my girl got married. This is the same girl. She's got a delicious candy coke. That's what I like to say, you know what I mean when I say that JB and she and she had and I like that. And she had lost quite a bit of weight about a year and a half ago, and I saw her on TV and I was like, no way. So I sent pizzas up to the DV studio. I was like, these are for These are for Emily and Emily only. So a girl scout Cookie.
Speaker 4: Tex said my weather girl got married. And my reply was, oh my god, You're never going to get to mess around with her now, and he was all, maybe I will. I'll keep your head up.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, why am I I'm your wife? Why am I like, I'm sorry for you.
Speaker 3: I don't even think Emily knows I exist. I don't know how. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe she doesn't. I don't think it's gotten back to her somehow, some way. One of our listeners went to her Instagram account and said, Hey, Sandy's talking about you on the radio in Austin.
Speaker 5: I don't know what happens all the time.
Speaker 3: You know what, you're right, You're right now.
Speaker 5: My mom's stalking not legal.
Speaker 2: My mom and my mom's my aunt, my aunt who lives with my mom and dad. They're convinced that she makes her own clothes.
Speaker 1: I remember that now.
Speaker 2: They said, there she got herself a pattern for that wrap around dress, and she made that just for herself.
Speaker 1: She is dressing her body. She looks good in that wrap around dress.
Speaker 2: I gotta say something really funny that happens. So, like a lot of people, my parents watch the Will of Fortune every single.
Speaker 1: Day, everyday, Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they watched Will of Fortune.
Speaker 2: And I finally got to see Ryan Seacrest hosting it because I'd never watched it.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I haven't seen him host it.
Speaker 2: And Ryan's really good. Really imagine that Ryan's really good at hosting Will of Fortune. And so one of the categories came up.
Speaker 3: It was before.
Speaker 2: The clue was before or after, and my aunt Mary goes, now, I don't play before or after. Just looked away and I go, hope, I'm not any good at before or after, so I'm not going to play this one.
Speaker 3: I go and we were like, how funny would it be if you were on the show? And before I pass, I don't do before aft y'all go ahead, go ahead, let.
Speaker 1: Round out.
Speaker 3: Yeah I'm gonna sit this one out. And we just went on and on.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I'll play that one. Go ahead, y'all, go ahead. I'll just sit this one out. It was random, but it was really really funny. So there's my update on my Weather boo She's name. I have to scratch her off the list because she is now. But that doesn't stop you with any of your boos, Trisha, what do you mean if they're married doesn't stop you.
Speaker 4: No, But is she on your boo list or is she on your laminated card? Because you and I had a little controversy about the boo list versus laminated card on your laminated car, your.
Speaker 1: Free pass card.
Speaker 4: It can't be somebody you could actually meet, celebrity crush kind of thing, right. That's like you tried to pick Lacey. Remember Lady's friend's mother, Lacey. You try to put her on your laminate card and I was like, but you see her, so that happens since you're just a cheater, Like that's not the same, yeah, that you have your Weather girl on.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on first about JB. You may not know Lacey.
Speaker 2: I learned my lesson about the laminate card because Tricia asked me about it once and Lacey is one of the moms that Landry goes the moms and one of the kids Landry goes to.
Speaker 1: School with, so you can't see her all the time. JB.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that's yeah, that's that's not that he gets pick right right.
Speaker 3: Right right. So I'm just gonna put her. I'm gonna make her on the boo list.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, no, so then, yeah, it doesn't matter that she got married.
Speaker 4: She can remain on the boo list, because that's the boot list is like a like an admiring from afar. It's not a lamb in it, like if you meet them, it's not a it's it's fine for her to be married and still stay on your boot list.
Speaker 3: All right, We've got all that clear, JB. Do you have any girl?
Speaker 2: We've talked about this before with your love of Martha Stewart and poor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lady has just been Caitlyn Collins.
Speaker 3: Oh, I.
Speaker 5: Know usually I go older, but I do like I do, like me from Caitlyn Collins.
Speaker 1: Mark your oldest boo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Caitlyn cons could be your anchor boo, Christiane Amanpour your reporter boo.
Speaker 1: See how the boot list works. You have categories.
Speaker 3: It's unending. It is unending.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's the JB and Sandy Schell. Thanks for being with us today. We do appreciate still to come. There is a big event coming to Austin that JB and Trisha are super excited about it. It just sounds like living hell to me. Uh, but we'll tell you what it is. Coming up on Austin's eighties station. What three point one.
Speaker 4: David Station Precent, David Artist presid Favorite podcast Precent.
Speaker 2: You know you're loving a new preset feature on the new and improved iHeart Radio app see.
Speaker 5: Now along with even more great features. It's everything you love about your car radio and them of your time on radio.
Speaker 13: Time for your Live Nation concert UPDCK do miss Howard Jones and ABC at the Paramount Theater on February sixteen, Ron Stewart one last time at Moody Center on March seven, Simbil Minds with Soft Sell in Modern English at Moody Center on May thirty, and Stick's Kevin Cronin and Don Felder at Germania Insurance Amphatheater on June four.
Speaker 5: Get tickets at livenation dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey at Sandy, don't forget to get your Blitz Scratch tickets from the Texas Lottery for a shot at a blitz of cast prizes. We're talking top prizes from five thousand dollars all the way up to one million dollars plus. Enter to win exciting vip iHeartRadio concert experiences at Texaslottery dot com. The Texas Lottery supports Texas education and veterans. When Texans play, Texans win. So play today. It could be You're lucky day.
Speaker 3: Friends. The blitz is on. Hey, it's sandy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: February means a lot of things for a lot of people. February means Valentine's Day, which is a time to think about your favorite people and why you might not think of romance when you think about your roof. When I think of people I really like, I think of Scott and Stacy Feller. Scott and Stacy's team at Kangaroof.
Speaker 3: They're great. They take care of all my roof he needs. They've done it for years.
Speaker 2: They're professional and courteous, and they show up on time and communicate clearly. You can count on them to stand behind their work and to always have your best interest in mind. In fact, Kangaroof has been doing all of this, providing peace of mind and taking care of Central Texas families for more than two decades. And you know these days there are a lot of roofing companies, but there's only one kangaroof. If you can't tell I really appreciate them, I bet you'll really like them too. So give them a call and you two might start thinking differently about your roof. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com.
Speaker 5: One oh three point one, Austin's eighties station. Oh my life, no one name feel like the people.
Speaker 8: Yes, I swear it's a true and I'm old.
Speaker 3: I'm agree for so long.
Speaker 12: Now I'm home from stand up, So right, come me fell this magicue.
Speaker 1: Have a passionate eyes.
Speaker 8: There's no baby goodness.
Speaker 11: Guys, show me take each understand me.
Speaker 9: Seen you understand the chance.
Speaker 8: See Joffrey mcle you don't want do what?
Speaker 1: Some its nothing.
Speaker 12: Time on mynad them spending.
Speaker 8: S that only it's my body. So some more than.
Speaker 5: Shoulder just.
Speaker 8: Draf g s.
Speaker 10: I know it's on your you say stay with me.
Speaker 8: And that can't remember your your mister see.
Speaker 12: My bad.
Speaker 1: Bading to.
Speaker 8: That only.
Speaker 3: The time of my life.
Speaker 14: My name build this wavy poor Yes, I swear he's a true and.
Speaker 3: Now Austin's at station one o three point one.
Speaker 2: You can now save us as a preset on the iHeartRadio app. It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's aad station one o three point one. JB and Trish are excited about an event that's going on this weekend and I got as close to it as I want to be. We'll get into it and just sec It's the JB and Sandy Show. Thanks for being with us again. A reminder chance to win a thousand bucks coming up at nine o'clock. And also make sure that you set us as a preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You people are smart. You can figure it out. You go to the app.
Speaker 2: Pretty easy to figure out a lot of new features, cool features on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: So check that out. JB. Tell everybody what's going on starting today.
Speaker 5: And I realize this is not for any everybody, but and there are a few, very few things to get me to, like expos at the Convention Center. However, starting today it's the Austin RV Expo. Yeah. I just send a note to my daughter like, Hey, the RV Expo's kicking off you want to go, And she's like, heck, yeah, yeah, So I've had I've had three air streams in my life. I currently don't have one. So I'm you know, I'm obsessing a bit, but oh I'm dying. I love it, and I know it's not for everybody. Like people at rving is very polarizing. You're either a thousand percent in or one thousand percent like, no, keep it away.
Speaker 3: From me, that's me. That's that's me.
Speaker 2: Keep it away from me part of it, I really and true. I guess I didn't realize that you have a love for this so much.
Speaker 1: Well, I love it so much.
Speaker 4: I think they're so cool, like when you can expand the sides, and I mean it looks like a like a full on house inside. Some of them are nicer inside than some houses I've been in. Here's my problem, though, I can't do the rving thing because it'll make me throw up because I get carsick so easily. So I can only do it if it's completely still. You know the ones that you can drive around in and still get to go in the back. Yeah, I would love.
Speaker 1: To do that, but I can't.
Speaker 5: You can't ride around in the back it would be No, I would.
Speaker 1: Totally totally get carsick and throw up. So I love them, but they're not a friend to me unfortunately.
Speaker 2: So you would like the You would like to just arrive where the RV is already there and set up and stay in it.
Speaker 3: You don't want to do the driving part to Yellowstone or some national park.
Speaker 1: You just want Well, that's just it. I would have to be the driver all the time. I could it right in the back and end. You have to be on the front. Yeah, I have to be in the front the whole time. Why do you not like it? Is it the stress of setting it up that freaks you out?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is like especially pulling something. I don't want anything to do with that.
Speaker 2: I just it makes me my butt pucker too much to pull something and something something.
Speaker 3: That big, to drive, backing it up and all that. No, I just I'm not good at that. I don't.
Speaker 5: I've always I've always towed boats. And then it's like I said, I've had three airstreams, but I still want It's bucket list for me to get the big bus, like the big forty five foot bus, just big giant windshield drive across the country.
Speaker 1: Oh, big giant steering wheel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh, I don't know. That's what I want to do. Really, I'd love to do that for like a year. There's no talking my wife into it.
Speaker 1: Why does she not like it? Is she like Sandy?
Speaker 5: She'd rather stay in a hotel.
Speaker 1: Oh sa, I like a hotel too. Could you get a spawn in one of these buses? That would be cool? But here's a question, Like I've driven boats and trailers. I totally can do it.
Speaker 4: But I always have known, like where I'm going, what it looks like when you're like just traveling across the country and one of these giant RVs, what do you do if you end up going down a road the you can't turn around, you're stuck?
Speaker 6: Like, isn't that a terrifying thought for you? Because that's funny. So I always had a twenty eight for a long time. Twenty twenty eight foot airstream pulled by a F two fifty, Right, that's a pretty long train, very long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's like, you know, my daughter was like, oh, can we take it? Me and her and her boyfriend or friends. I'm like, no, it's way more responsibility than you realize. Plus you hit every side of your car as it is. I'm doing this, but it's like you you have to be thinking about the exit wherever you go. Yeah, Like if you are pulling to get in to get gas, before you pull in, you have to orchestrate in your mind where your exit's going to be before you even pull in, and quite often you end up going right past it.
Speaker 2: You're like, you can't do it. I always got to be thinking about the exit. Yeah, another reason I would not be good at this. I cannot think that far ahead.
Speaker 5: Thanks. It's funny. I've always loved the airstreams I've had. There's a new one. I think it's called Pebble. They're they're they're comparing it to like the Tesla of travel trailers. Yeah, and you literally can sit there with a remote control and unhook it from your truck and drive it into the spot with a remote control.
Speaker 1: Now that's cool.
Speaker 5: That's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: That changes everything, you know, I did learn. I don't know if you probably and.
Speaker 5: It will auto hookup too, Yeah, you'll just tell it. It just pulls forward and hooks up to your truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you probably already know this, but I learned this last summer when I was in Wyoming. I was playing went up there to play in a member guest golf tournament and my buddy took his airstream there and we parked it in a RV Is it RV park? Is that politically correct? I don't know what a trailer park what. I don't know what it's called. I don't want to fit anybody. And and we got to know some of the people that were there, and I asked one of the guys, I go, what's up with the blue led lights underneath your trailer?
Speaker 3: Is that like your swingers or something? Is that a.
Speaker 2: Like did he sending out a bat signal to certain people? And he's like, no, no, no, man, we're not swingers. That keeps the mice and rats away and critters. They hate that blue led lights. They hate it, and we'll get nowhere near it. It can use red too, I think, basically any bright led light. And I was like, huh, that's interesting. But he about split up his drink when I asked, what does that mean you guys were like swingers or something?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I have my fun, honey.
Speaker 5: There probably is some of that in some RV parks like I never go into an RV park pool for that very reason, or.
Speaker 1: The hot tub area.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no, stay away from that for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, so give me some inpo give it, give her the inpo on The RV expot stares today.
Speaker 5: It starts today, and it's uh, it's at the Convention Center and it runs through Sunday. The hours are basically ten am to eight pm, except Sunday it closes a little earlier at five pm. I don't see ticket prices in front. Oh, buy tickets.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 5: See how much it costs you to get in there. Probably not that bad, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Enough to keep the rift raffle, enough to keep the rift raffle.
Speaker 5: Well, Thursday, ten bucks today, fifteen bucks the rest the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad at all. I bet some of them are so cool just to go sit inside them, check them out.
Speaker 5: I've gone for sure. You will see me there.
Speaker 3: Didn't They used to combine the boat and r V show. Wasn't this one in the same years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and our boat show has gone away unfortunately. Which you think this is such a boating town, you'd think thrive. Some cities boat boat shows are still huge, you know, obviously in Florida, a lot of Florida cities and Minneapolis it's huge.
Speaker 3: Chicago, aren't.
Speaker 5: Our boat show is just fizzled. It's a bummer.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Let's bring it back. I've never expected that we can bring it back. Okay, let's hire. Let's just get a bunch of other people to do it right, and then we'll just call it. It's the JB and Sandy Boat Show. Easy to say, rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 1: Three boats, three boats at our boat show. We have boats.
Speaker 2: Thanks again for being with. It's just another quick reminder that you can ask your smart speaker to play us. Just say play one O three one. Austin Moore coming up.
Speaker 1: Need extra cash in your life?
Speaker 3: The thousand dollars pay day is back this morning at nine.
Speaker 15: We've both our sun stealing in the dinner of the name, although we both li close together with a few.
Speaker 1: Miles of pound inside.
Speaker 8: Was it something I said?
Speaker 15: Something I did? Did my words not come out right? Though it tried not to hurt you, though tried. But I guess that's why to see.
Speaker 16: Every roads as it's done, just like every name as it's don just like a every cowboy sees a saved say it sound.
Speaker 8: Every road has it? The sens you a figure song saying on a reeld here the dch just say does a game, he's.
Speaker 17: A come in, he's a goal, but a bone does he know as a ll like this and I know that you would be here right now.
Speaker 8: Five to the leads, no song, how.
Speaker 7: Every road as it's bone slicky as it's dog sicky the chills.
Speaker 8: Since you say say it so.
Speaker 10: A rose as it's the husband, I can still think it so much tag consue the movie, but.
Speaker 14: The sky that sky remained, I know what could see the loader n about knowing worth the sa.
Speaker 8: Instead of making loader.
Speaker 18: We both made a singerver weeks and now I heard somebody and news and that I never meant that most of you were.
Speaker 7: To hear that till be inside of the seacause men like night. I guess every roads as it's gone, decided the night as it's done deciding the cat basic just saying say Soros says it's the.
Speaker 1: A H F I H D two and K two seven six E L Austin.
Speaker 5: Listen on the free iHeartRadio app for all your music, radio.
Speaker 1: And podcasts free never sounded so good. One O three one Austin dot com