Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Come on, got it, Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen see.
Speaker 3: Him ride riding.
Speaker 2: Waity wacky hands of snaky. Come on now, get up jus for throwback Thursday, we got Smunk show. Carla back in the fold. She's a one time Hall of Famer. She's going for win number two. Fresh out of Mad Heads Your Head will play at six twenty Landry's All Day Ride Pass if you're staying local for spring break. If you are on spring break next week, this is perfect for you. I've got that coming up for you on the fun Fact Flashback Violent Feams tickets at seven twenty. Read my lips Chillie takes on listener Michael Kelton at Ain't twenty. That's how You're gonna win. You're off Spring tickets before they go on sale tomorrow at ten am. Sold out Depth Tones tickets early in the nine o'clock hour, closer to around nine ten will get you on the floor for that show coming up on March sixteenth. And then Bring Me the Horizon, also going on sale tomorrow at ten am. We'll have tickets for you on Know the show. Low Chances of Rain sunny hies up around seventy. It's a perfect looking day out there. Good morning, alex One. Are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: US Representative and former Houston Mayor Syvester Turner passed away unexpectedly late Tuesday night at the age of seventy. He died just hours after attending President Donald Trump's addressed to Congress. Turner had previously battle bone cancer in his job, which was diagnosed in twenty twenty two. Turner's career spanned spanned over three decades, including twenty seven years in the Texas House of Representatives and two terms as the mayor of Houston from twenty sixteen to twenty twenty four. He was known for his leadership during crises like Hurricane Harvey, as well as his advocacy for underserved communities. His passing led to an outpouring of tributes from political figures, including Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who ordered.
Speaker 4: Flags to be flown in half staff in his honor.
Speaker 5: The first privately built lunar lander touchdown on the Moon successfully this weekend, and now it looks like we're going to get to see another one. Intuitive Machines launched its second Lunar Lander on February twenty sixth about from a SpaceX Falcon nine rocket. They're calling it Athena, and it's targeting the Moon's south pole and is set to touchdown.
Speaker 4: On the Moon today around eleven thirty am hour time.
Speaker 2: That's a Houston company that built that. Remember that guy emailed us. Yeah, he said, dude, do you know about all the space news that's happening out of Houston. We're still space City and we didn't know at the time. Pretty cool, Yeah, pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The mission includes deploying a drone named Grace to explore permanently.
Speaker 4: Shadowed craters in search of frozen water.
Speaker 5: Both programs are part of NASA's Commercial Lunar Payload Services Program, with more than a dozen companies participating.
Speaker 2: But yeah, dude, we're back on the Moon again, just being there.
Speaker 5: Last week, Hasbro has announced that they are releasing a new version of the game Monopoly called Monopoly App Banking that'll make the game a little bit more digital. The board game elements are mostly the same, with a few tweaks, like park Place and boardwalk have been switched to rocket launchpad and the Moon. Other new properties include a chocolate factory, a VR roller coaster, and a dinosaur park. The main difference is that there will be no banker and no physical money. Instead, it's a mobile app that'll come with the game and it'll process all transactions. Hasbro has said that the app will help speed up the game, making it more accessible to younger players, as well as may heat harder to cheat. The app banking version of the game is expected to hit most major retailers in August for twenty four dollars and ninety nine cents, while the mobile app.
Speaker 4: Will be free to download.
Speaker 5: According to Tabloid Rumors, George and Amal Clooney are headed for a trial separation. Apparently their various career obligations have kept them from seeing each other and they have grown up part George has been preparing for his Broadway debut and a stage adaptation of his movie good Night and Good Luck, while Lamal is currently a visiting professor at Oxford University in England. The couple got married back in twenty fourteen, and it's worth noting that a trial separation is not necessarily a divorce. It's what a couple agrees to live apart for a period of time to evaluate their marriage. It's an informal arrangement that doesn't involve lawyers or judges, but if you are a celebrity, then they're going to report it. So that's that's what they're heading towards. And they're already kind of living apart. If she's in England and he's.
Speaker 2: Not just me and George, you know what I mean, George, Like, we waited forever to get.
Speaker 4: Married and now look at you. Yea, yeah, back on market.
Speaker 2: Maybe potentially possible. We're so similar.
Speaker 5: Green Days Billy Joel Armstrong is now part owner of a baseball team. The Green Day frontman and rapper Too Short have joined the ownership group of the Oakland Ballers, an independent baseball team in California. It's not surprising considering Armstrong's ties to the city of Oakland and his support for their local sports teams, especially in light of the Oakland Athletics planned relocation to Las Vegas. Armstrong has been vocal about his disapproval of the A's move, even going as far as altering the team's logo during a concert to show his allegiance to the Ballers. The team invested one point six million dollars in its park before the Ballers first game last year, and drew big crowds all season long.
Speaker 4: Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, well, you're kind already talking sports, so keep going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Well, down spring training, the Astros got by the Cardinals six to five yesterday. They're gonna play the Mets tonight down in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. First pitches at five ten, and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And basketball Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight, trying to put an endo their three game losing streak. They're gonna be in New Orleans to take on the Pelicans. Tip Off is at seven o'clock and you can hear that one on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kti H.
Speaker 4: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Let's let's go. Everybody. I see a bunch of you are already sending me your word suggestions for reading my lips. Thank you very much, keep those rolling in. I rely on you in homeroom more than the other hours for sure. First phone call, it's gotta come from somebody in home room. It's gotta be somebody that's up and ready to rock with us. If you want that first phone call seven one three two one two five nine four five. Let's get this day started out properly. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Welcome Board. It's throwback Thursday. It's dark and early. I guess what. It's not gonna be that dark after this week as a daylight saving time. It's gonna kick in on Sunday at two A. M all right, I'm excited. It's okay. I can be excited about things. Uh, it is Thursday, it is Friday Eve. It's the day we play Read my lips. It's been very exciting. Michael Kelton is the is the lucky son of a bitch that's been chosen to come down and take on the Chile. We're gonna play that game at eight twenty as we always do. But we've been having a listener come in each and every week. It's been really really fun. Everyone seems to like it. Uh, listeners have been pretty successful too, coming in. I gotta have to take a look at the records. But there's been a handful of you that have come in and beat these professional these professional broadcasters do we just do it a lot. You're professional broadcasters and then you are semi pro rip rip rip readers, rip readers, lip readers.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 4: I had to do the rare thing.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm applying to rent a house right now, and that's I could. I'm convinced I could adopt a child easier. But I had to reach out to the Radio Wizard yesterday to verify my employment, even though they have my bank statements showing when I get my direct deposits. Yeah, and that was one of those where it's like, define what he does. It's like, did I say, like professional radio person.
Speaker 4: I was just like, just make.
Speaker 2: It seem professional. This guy that goes on the radio and bitches about things and he sometimes talks about sports. Thank you guys for sending me these words suggestions so early. I really really appreciate it. I'm going to go through all of those. I mentioned that It's Throwback Thursday, Sponge Fuel, and Fountains of Wayne all great songs. All of these songs are great. I'll tell you what we cannot lose today with those three great songs in there. Which fuel song is it? It's a bittersweet, It's good, It's good. The winning song will be played at nine point thirty. Read my Lips at eight twenty the Big tickets today Read my Lips Offspring sold out, Deftones tickets at nine ten Bring Me the Horizon tickets on Know the Show, Smoke Show, Carla on, Fresh out of Bed, heads ahead, and phone lines ring it.
Speaker 7: It's a time for the first phone call.
Speaker 2: Of the day RB. I got Rob over here.
Speaker 6: Hi, Rob, Hey, how you doing man?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Man. How are you today?
Speaker 6: I'm wonderful.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna get a started this morning? You got the first phone call?
Speaker 6: Well, I just want to tell you I love this station. I just started listening to it about two months ago. Really older than most of your listeners?
Speaker 2: Well okay, wait, I got questions. Sorry to cut you off. Okay, what makes you think you're older than most of our listeners? How old are you?
Speaker 6: I'm fifty seven.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of you out there, Rob, We're all getting older. There's a lot of you out there. Just think I just want you to know you're not even close to the oldest listener And there is a ton of you at around that fifty seven mark that are listening, So I appreciate you. Where did we get you from? Why are you a two month listener?
Speaker 6: Well, one of my son in laws turned Beyond to your station and so I started listening to it, and I really the alternative rock and roll. And I called in this morning because I wanted to throw back so focus by hocus Pocus.
Speaker 2: Well that's uh, we're not gonna really yodel this morning. I can't yodel myself. No, I know the song that would be more of like a classic song, Rob.
Speaker 6: So yeah, Well here's the thing. On Spotify when you look up alternative rock, this song came up. Wow, and I heard it and I was like, I don't know that that's alternative, but it's one of those songs that you hear the first time and it's like, that is just a weird song.
Speaker 2: It's always been a weird song, Rob, There's no doubt about that. Listen. Thank you to your son in law for for snaking you in to listen to us. Man, I'm so happy you're on board with us.
Speaker 6: Rob.
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 6: I'm from Ohio. Originally I moved here in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then now you're a two month listener. Dude, it's awesome. What kind of work do you do.
Speaker 6: I'm an engineer at a consulting firm.
Speaker 2: So great, dude. I appreciate you starting your day off with us. Man, I'm glad to have you on board now.
Speaker 6: Love you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Rob. I really appreciate that. Love having the nubes on. I'm gonna take a short break when we come back, got a red check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed Head to.
Speaker 8: Head Houston, Rock Houston's alternative all Day and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show ninety five US. Welcome back, everybody, Throwback Thursday. I just spent that commercial break going through all of your emails. Thank you. A lot of great words coming in for read my lips. Chile is taking our listener, Michael Kelton at around eight twenty, so keep sending me your words. I'll check all morning long and I'll pull the best words for the game. Ten percent chance of rain sunny highs up around a seventy. I saw fixed to gram Thursday was off trending right out of the gate. So I don't I think we got something special for you on links and guests, I haven't had a chance. Don't worry, Chilly, I promise I'll look. But I saw it right out of the gate, number one link, and it's gotten a lot of looks this morning. So I'll get you started. First thing that we have trending as our fixta gram. What else?
Speaker 5: Sylvester Turner is training the former you Jason Maryor passed away late Tuesday night. We found about it yesterday and flags are being flown at half staffed by Governor Greg Abbott to honor him. He was seventy years old. And then also trending is LNT. I guess yesterday it was ash Wednesday. Yeah, and I saw some people walk around the office with their with their ash on their forehead, and then I guess people are just talking online about what they're giving up for LNT.
Speaker 2: Are you doing anything particular? I didn't, And I talked to my mom yesterday, and I'm surprised she didn't sneak that in because normally she's like, all right, what are you giving up? I got I got in and out of that without uh, I'm also not giving anything. No, okay, that's all right. That's what's trending all night by the Buzz. All right, where's our champion over here? Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: This is one time Hall of Famer Carlas now your freshwater.
Speaker 5: Bed heads ahead.
Speaker 6: One day Champion.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you right now, I ain't going anywhere for four more days. Join me on Thursday when I make it win number two seven one three two two ninety four five If you think you can beat.
Speaker 7: Her, The rod Ryots Show on.
Speaker 2: Servant ninety four or five. The Buzz Good morning, brought Ryan's show. Thank you Squeezer. Ten percent chance of rain today tonight, sunny today, highs up around seventy. Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners. Hey, Carla, welcome back. Good morning, Sya the X yesterday. Excited to be back on the game. That's good. I'm glad, glad you're back on one time Hall of Famer. We don't want to be a one slam clam now, do we, No, not at all.
Speaker 10: I'm here to win.
Speaker 2: Danny wants to win. Hi, Danny, Good morning. He Danny boy. Uh you played last year?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sir, how you doing? I won a couple in autumn hitting me out?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So you've been beat by check before? You know how it feels?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure do we all have we all? We all have felt the pain. Danny. Are you gotta do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Smoke show. Carla knows how to do this. Chili put a rod Ryan Show t shirt in there for you guys today. So you're both shouting out your name when you think you know the answer. Wait for me to call on you to give me the answer, Danny boy, Smoke Show, Carla. Here comes your questions, still on paper, still killing trees over here? Sorry. Question number one, what is Dorothy's dog name from The Wizard of Us? Danny Boy? That is Toto. That was insanely quick. I wasn't done even asking the question and Danny got in there. Okay, Carla. Next question. If you're a bad shot, it is said you can't hit the broadside of what Danny.
Speaker 6: A barn?
Speaker 2: You can't hit the broad side of.
Speaker 1: I have no idea on that one.
Speaker 2: Is that Alex I would have known that you can't hit the broad side of a barn. Yeah, I don't. I'm just wondering if that is super old. I mean, yeah, smoke. So Carla uh one slam clambing it up, Carla, Thank you, Carla? All right, Carla, we gotta say goodbye to you.
Speaker 3: Danny boy.
Speaker 2: All right, dude, you're not making any fans. People love Carla. You say, you know.
Speaker 6: But to my buddy, I was calling number four yesterday.
Speaker 11: Tell my buddy, it says it's my goal to my call fame this year, okay, and I can't.
Speaker 6: Believe I got in today. That's pretty great.
Speaker 2: If your goal is to make the Hall of Fame, your four wins away from your goal, I'm gonna give her. I'm gonna give I'm gonna give you the rod Ryan Show T shirt, and I'm gonna invite you to come back to try to make it win number two tomorrow. Danny, do you accept?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 2: Wait to go, brother, all right, dude, Wow, strong game today too, rod Ryan Show. All right on that one, Empire em Buz ninety four or five, the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, six thirty four ten, chance of rain. Nothing over that today Today tonight, Sonny High of seventy. We got a new champion, and Danny has won before. I don't think he's played a ton He just took out Carla, who's a Hall of Famer Smoke Show Carla fan favorite. I said, dude, I'll feed you some lines. You repeat after me. You hear me every day. I'm like, hey, man, I'll feed you some lines. This will be the easiest thing you do today. I'll feed you some lines. I'll piece it together here, I'll cut it up and then we'll play it on the air. No, dude, I got it. I got you. Don let me go. He goes, I got it. I said, you you want to just you want to? Yeah, okay, So I'm going to play you the whole thing. This is exactly right after he told me that he wanted to do the speech himself. Franks out of bed Head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Hey Danny, you're rolling go good morning. This is Danny.
Speaker 11: You're fresh out of bed. One day champion. Join me on Friday and I might go for win number two. Man, Friday, I love it.
Speaker 2: You know what we're keeping it. It's like, uh, I lost it. I probably need some help. I'm like, nope, nope, you said you went to cross. You know you're already you already went across the street without holding my hand. That's it, Okay, decision. My feelings are hurt. You don't need my help. That's it. We're rolling. It was funny. That was funny, all right.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I got some of these Landryes all day ride passes coming up for you. But I brought in some some new fun stuff for you.
Speaker 12: It's the fun back to the day. We make you look smarty your bodies. It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 2: I need a little music here, Alex. We were just talking about we were just talking about hauling Oats. Well we tried. I had the phone number call and Oats and it's no longer in service. Right, That sucker has been around for twenty five years. Hall said he'll never play with Oats ever again. Right, he said, don't worry about it. All the stuff that I sang, I wrote, So I think Hall is doing okay, Hall, old man's name.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now. Fun fact time, Rich Girl, which we were just listening to by Hall and Oates was not about a girl. It was about a guy named Victor Walker. Who came from a very rich family in Chicago. Daryl Hall thought that the title rich girl sounded a little better than rich guy. Oh. By the way, Victor knew the song was written about.
Speaker 5: Him, and no one's gonna believe him when he's telling that.
Speaker 2: You know those songs that I mean? Yeah, right, dude, you're not girl. Hey, I'm the rich girl.
Speaker 13: I'm the rich girl shirted whatever. Green eyes are the rarest in the world.
Speaker 2: That is fun who Only about two percent of people have them. Brown eyes are the most common. I have green eyes, big deal. Let me see those. Let me see those babies green blue. Oh, yeah, you do have Oh those are just I get lost in those eyes sometimes it's.
Speaker 4: My only good quality.
Speaker 2: Just who Uh was it the first time that Justin met you, he looked at you. He's like, oh my god, you have such beautiful eyes. Yes, he was. He reminds me of that every time I see him, go, oh, there you are beautiful eyes. There's a religion called Mamma Tata. What uh Yeah, it sounds like something that maybe Chili put together, but yeah, there's an actual religion out there called Mamma Tata. It was founded by someone who saw a vision of Jesus riding a motorcycle. Oh yeah, I mean you could do whatever you want out there in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Harley Spirit. Amen.
Speaker 12: It's the funk that to the day. We make you look smart in your bodies, that to the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Landrys, this is perfect if you're gonna be number one if you have spring break next week. That's why they're putting this together because so many people are gonna be staying here local. It's a Landry's all day ride pass Good at Chema Boardwalk, Downtown Aquarium or Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Peer. You can buy these at Chema Boardwalk dot com or you can win a four pack from us right now. If so much to flash back to, but the one that I received the most comments on We're the Vikings. We learned yesterday that the Vikings believe that in heaven there was a giant goat whose utters provide did an unlimited supply of blank seven one three, two one two, five, nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Do do Do Do do Captain Cash on the phone.
Speaker 14: Hi, how hey, brother Rod Good morning.
Speaker 2: I see why you've stayed away from us this week. It's been a it's been a rocky one, that's for sure. Did we turn this baby around? How'd we do yesterday?
Speaker 14: It's been rough, but yes, and eighty five points kick off this morning at forty three thousand and six nassack up two hundred and sixty seven to eighteen thousand, five hundred and fifty two bench Martinyar Treasury that trades at a four point three to one percent, and oil sends at sixty six dollars seventy three cents a barrel to the most active the big studs Caterpillar, Microsoft, been Boeing, the big DUTs, Chevron, IBM, and Johnson and Johnson. On the economic calendar this morning, the numbers are on wholesale inventories for January right now, not looking very good at all. On the down side, Come on, let's turn favy around. That's it, Mander. This is howlin Manba's a director with Ramony James for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymon James, unshamefully given a gut to dump your toys, rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 7: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I, ARNT Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance TRANSMNS.
Speaker 15: We'll continue.
Speaker 7: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND because program is for educational and informational services on this doesn't does are based on the movement. As reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: It's your fat.
Speaker 2: Let's go over to the phones here, Good morning, rod Ryan show. What we got here? I'm My name's Delta, Delta, welcome to the show. How are you? I'm doing great.
Speaker 11: I'm so excited if I really got through.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited that you got through as well. Delta. Let's not uh, let's just get through this. The Vikings believed that in heaven there was a giant goat whose utters provided an unlimited supply of this What is this.
Speaker 13: Beer?
Speaker 6: Straight from the teeth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, teat beer beer, teet and teeth beer. That's been submitted. First time that's been submitted for reading my lips about one hundred times. Good teat beer. You gotta ask teat beer, chill, You'll get it. Delta, you're the winner. You just hey, you got on, you got through, and then you became this champion. Now of the fun fact flashback Landry's All Day, All Ride passes. Oh that should be great.
Speaker 11: I played on going to galveston Thursday, actually next week.
Speaker 2: Oh are you kidding me? That is so huge. You can use this at the pleasure peer. So that's perfect.
Speaker 15: Also, my kidsel love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, the right person won today, Delta, have fun. Thank you for being on the show today. You're awesome. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 2: This is gonna make my day.
Speaker 5: So play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio ninety four point.
Speaker 2: Five Bus station from iHeart Radio, The rod Rillian Show on ninety four five the Bus, ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Green Day, American Idiot, Green Day on the music blog page again, this time Alex is talking about it. Sure, they had to cancel some shows over in Australia due to that crazy storm that they're having over there right now. But now Billy Joel involved in a ownership of the sports team. It's on the music blog page today. I gotta tell you, if I say it on the air, that means I can't use it. But it's worth it just to share. The funniest word submitted today for reading my lips came in from Nurse d yesterday. Fun fact flashback. We were talking about the filming of The Titanic and James Cameron in about fifty other cast members were hospitalized after someone spiked the lobster chowder they were eating with. I use that as the flashback or as the fun fact flashback. And the guy that got on he's like, I don't know Gulash. I don't know why I found that so funny. I just hadn't heard Gulash. I hadn't eaten gulash since I was a kid. My mom used to make it all the time. Her word that she submitted was lobster gulash. I love that. I laughed out loud reading Nurse Y's email this morning. It'd be too hard. I'd be way too hard to read my lips. But man, what a funny word suggestion. Thank you, Nursy. She's always submitting great words. I'm gonna use something else from her list Sunding today, Gulash. I'm gonna put it on a T shirt. I think it's so funny. Ten percent chance of rain hides of around seventy. Good Morning, Alex, what are Houston's headlines? Morning Rade, Morning Home Room.
Speaker 5: US Representative and former Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner passed away unexpectedly late on Tuesday night at the age of seventy. He died just hours after attending President Donald Trump's address to Congress.
Speaker 2: Turner had previously.
Speaker 5: Battled bone cancer in his jaw, which was diagnosed in twenty twenty two. His career spanned over three decades, including twenty seven years and the Texas House of Representatives in two terms. As the mayor of Houston, he was known for his leadership during crises like Hurricane Harvey, as well as his advocacy for underserved communities. His passing led to an outpouring of tributes from political figures, including Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who ordered flags to be flown at half staff in his honor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know my main memory of Mayor Sylvester Turner. Alright, p Harvey, you know what I mean, he was out there, He's got the rain jacket on and stuff, and I thought he provided some pretty good leadership during that, right you know. I mean he was the face of the storm, you know, and he was the guy that was on all day, all around the clock, you know, NonStop. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'man Jeff Lindner lender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeff Linder that guy's the best.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, President Trump granted US automakers a one month exemption from the newly imposed twenty five percent tariffs on vehicles imported from Canada and Mexico. The decision came after discussions with executives from Ford, General Motors and Stilantis, aiming to prevent economic disadvantages for these companies. The exemption is set to expire on April second, after which tariffs.
Speaker 4: May be enforced.
Speaker 5: Major automakers stocks surged in response to the decision.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about some lighter news.
Speaker 5: Crystal Light, specifically news Crystal Light is getting a refresh, but this time with booze. The makers of Crystal Light announced Crystal Light vodka refreshers, which are described as a seventy seven calorie zero sugar beverage. They'll come in two flavors wild, strawberry, and leiminate and will be three point eight alcohol by volume. It's not all that surprising, though, because people have been using Crystal Light as a mixer with their booze for years. It's even recently gone viral online as a cocktail hack. I'm sure some kid found out about it. Did you know you put tea with booze and it's like, it's like you a brand new drink.
Speaker 2: I don't know that crystal Light was the first. It's the first that I could remember of people adding things to a water bottle. You take the little packet, yep.
Speaker 5: It's like, did you know that putting sugar and water makes it taste way better?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: It was to flavor a bottle of water crystal Light, and it was and it wasn't bad for you, you know. So then, of course not great, but it's better than better than kool aid soda, Yeah, better than soda, better than kool aid. But I remember them being the very first one that I know of, I think, so, I don't know that they invented that, but the fact that they're getting into booze now, who isn't getting into booze right now?
Speaker 5: Everybody's sonic has has Seltzers.
Speaker 4: I've seen, yes, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: So the Crystal Light vodka refreshers are going to star, appearing in select stores in the Northeast this month, with a larger rollout over the next year. They're going to be sold in four packs for nine ninety nine each.
Speaker 2: London loves the Fisher Price Seltzers with a tequila loves them.
Speaker 5: When is When's kool Aid gonna come out there? It's just they gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Sonny hard sunny d.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, Sonny screwdrivers come on. Former X File star David Dukeveney will host a real life X Files show on the History Channel.
Speaker 4: It's going to be called.
Speaker 5: Secrets Declassified, and each episode will focus on different topics like Area fifty one and Argo. The ten part series is going to reveal the latest evidence in quote, the government's most secretive, strange, and mind blowing activities that have been declassified throughout history. Talking about the series, If Coveney said, quote, I've always been drawn to explorations of the more complicated aspects of our lives, leaning into conversations that dig below the service and unlocked the more interesting stories. There's no word yet on when it will from here.
Speaker 2: You wonder if he's really into it or not. You know, like he's just so associated with X Files. I know he's done other things, the Californation.
Speaker 5: That's what I remember being too young for X Files and I was like, oh, Colica Row.
Speaker 2: I just don't think most people know him from that. He's still known for X Files. It's like, go with what your brand is. He might think UFOs are a joke, but they asked him to do the show. He's like, yeah, of course, you can probably film it all in like a week.
Speaker 5: Probably He's knock it all out and the cool I'm just gonna collect some cash real fast. Then music News Billy Corgan he's speaking out again. He says that the tide is turning for Creed and Nickelback. While talking about polarizing acts on Joe Rogan's podcast, Corgan said, quote, you're about to see that Nickelback and Creed are about to go on a huge run of business. They survived the hate and now comes the inevitable moment of oh, it was really good.
Speaker 2: They wrote a lot of great songs.
Speaker 5: And then Corgan also want to say that his own band, Smashing Pumpkins, is one of the most wondered, the most misunderstood, and underrated bands in the history of rock and roll, and says that time will tell my story better than I did.
Speaker 2: So these bands are really great. Really, what I need to talk about is that my band is not understood enough.
Speaker 5: Okay, and I am the goat of music. Really, no one's gonna talk about though.
Speaker 2: He's saying nice things about Creed to Nickelback, you know he's gonna shoehorn him in there as well.
Speaker 5: We've seen the rise of Nickelback and Creed over like the last two years. I feel like it's not like he's like picking up on some than the people already hadn't been seeing that, right, Well, he just wanted to find a way to like say that so then he can talk about himself.
Speaker 2: He is a great ambassador for gen X, I'll say that, Smashing Pumpkins and Billy Corgan for sure, probably the best ambassador for Billy Corgan ever, no question about that.
Speaker 4: Those are youson's headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 5: Well down it's spring training. The Astros got by the Cardinals yesterday six to five. They're gonna play the Mets down in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, tonight.
Speaker 2: First pitch is at five to ten.
Speaker 5: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. Then in basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna try and put an end to their three game losing streak. They're in New Orleans to take on the Pelicans. Tip ups at seven. You can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k H. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think Gulash is making a big comeback.
Speaker 5: I would too, but let's ask Billy about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna comeback. Is Smashing Pumpkins. The history will show that my mom's Gulash was the best.
Speaker 5: Smashing Pumpkins is the Gulash of the music industry. It's it's not really understood or accepted until until later on.
Speaker 2: If Nirvana was Spaghetti, Smashy Pumpkins was Gula, Soundgarden was Lasagna. Houston's rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryoant Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 2: Or five ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Red Chili Peppers, and around the World Throw it back Thursday. We'll do song clips later on. We'll get to it. Sponge Plowd, I guess it. I guess that's what I'm kind of cheering for. I do like all the songs. Spongeblowed out of Detroit Love that band used to do a lot with them back in the day. Fuel Bittersweet used to do a lot with them back in the day. Great song, great band, Fountains of Wayne, Stacy's mom. I don't think I ever met him. It's a great song, though. It's a great video. That's the video. Who is that chicken? There's Rachel something I think a Rod Stewart's wife, maybe Stacy's mom. Super milfy kind of They did a play on the Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Rachel Hunter, thank you. Yeah. That video is kind of based on that very very famous scene. Actuli has the videos up on all these songs too, where you do your voting, so you can kind of like refresh yourself. You know, an educated voter is our best voter. Go back and maybe take a listen to these songs. Which one you want played on the air at nine point thirty. But they do a take fast times at Ridgemont High when the gal's getting out of the swimming pool and Brad's taking care of himself in the bathroom. I don't need to explain anymore. You know what I'm talking about. If you know, you know, Sonny D, I was making a joke on the air, Sonny D. Vodka Seltzer is are a thing. Like you said, everybody is in on the the Seltzer or the you know, the the pre mixed alcohol beverage game. Right now. You said, Crystal Light is getting in on it. It's got its own blog page. I like these things, you know. I mean, I'm a love Street blonde guy. I'm a I'm a beer guy, but you know, five beers in It's like, yeah, I mean, mix it up a little bit, you know. Sometimes I'll throw it a high noon as you know, Truly's coming on strong. Truly, they sell more Trullies at the Woodlands Pavilion than anywhere else in the city. Yeah, it might be. It might be Truly's biggest account. It might be truly biggest account in the country. I don't know. I don't have the hard numbers on that, but that's right. The trullies that sell at at the at the pavilion, it's outrageous. It's nice to mix it up once in a while. I think so too, you know what I mean, Like every fourth one, it's like, okay, let me get a little something in here, get a little something else in here. What stinks is when it comes to like a high noon, you gotta go to the elk. You gotta go to the liquor store to buy those. Yeah, I know, can we work on that. Who's in the adminish thing? Who's in the administ I mean, we're we're throwing everything out there. Right, Let's just let's just sell alcohol at the grocery store. They do that, and it's like that in Louisiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can do buy it at a gas station.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Get a little may bottle liquor right now and then phillip on pump four.
Speaker 2: Full bottles, anything any size, any size. You go to a gas station, you know, you're you kind of you're you're you're enslaved to what they're what they're offering over there. But yeah, they can sell liquor anywhere. Yeah, it's awesome. Should you should be like that everywhere.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh well, guys, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I've talked about Throwback Thursday. We're gonna get your voting. We're gonna get you some. Speaking of Throwback Thursday, violent Fems, they got Violent Femmes tickets coming up for you after the break, the big tickets. I mean, that's a slight violent Fems. But man, Offspring, you kidding me? Next hour, Michael Kelton can win those tickets. He's gonna take on Chili on read my lips. If he loses, I'll take Rando on the phone to win those because I'm not giving him the Chili he wants them, but he's not getting them because you know what he wants. He wants those Deathtones tickets. Yeah, he's thinking that we were off on Monday. He's like, can I have those Monday tars that we were dying so that Chili might be down there on the floor for the Deaftones on March sixteen. Those tickets are coming your way at nine ten and then bring Me the Horizon also goes on sale tomorrow. They got a Toyota Center show coming up September twenty sixth. So man, it's just been nothing but huge tickets. I saw, I saw we got what they called the assets, which is the you know, the put together the concert announcement. So Chili was that concert announced? Are we announcing the show? Did you see the thing from the fun Squad about that band that's got like a name that like around Halloween time? Was that announced?
Speaker 14: An?
Speaker 16: It's already announced. So he just set it in as how if anybody wanted to work. I mean, it's on websites everywhere.
Speaker 2: So alright, Ghost announced yesterday today. I'm getting cool cool.
Speaker 4: Because of Chili is coming from.
Speaker 2: The leading of the ice. Is that down?
Speaker 17: I'm about to say what? No, I cover it.
Speaker 2: I'm getting some awesome reverb. I'm talking to you. I'm getting some cuts.
Speaker 17: Oh it's my.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a little leg zepilp.
Speaker 16: Here because I wear a hat on on top of my my That's why my headphones were tight enough.
Speaker 17: And that's why you're getting the feedback. Feedback, So.
Speaker 2: I know what it was.
Speaker 17: How about now like you two thousand?
Speaker 2: Oh he went away.
Speaker 17: I had to put that t paint on it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, thanks bro. All right, so Ghost has been announced. That's on the website. Yeah, all right, I don't have to hide that. Yeah, all right, great shows, all big tickets today on the show, you still planning on going to see your deaftones?
Speaker 17: Man? Uh huh, my heart was broken.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 16: It's on a Sunday night that we come back. We come back from vacation that that next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we come we come back on yesterday, on the seventeenth, that's Saint Patrick's day.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and it's the date before a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Old man Rivers already back, you know, braw fishing bro.
Speaker 17: I already looked. I already looked. I was planning my outfit. I was gonna wear my houchie daddy.
Speaker 2: Short everything I told she know you were coming.
Speaker 17: Well, Chino, want I have to invite me for a day party before?
Speaker 2: All right, fair enough, we will have tickets for you. If you're not old, too old to go to that show, we'll have tickets for you at nine ten. So the Violent Fem's tickets on the flip of this break and then let's load up some song clips and let's do some stuff for Throwback Thursday. Seeing we're throwback, We're going throwback with these tickets.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking Alternatives, The Road The Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show Throwback Thursday. We are going to do song clips coming up. Give me about five minutes and we'll throw the three songs on there, just to kind of refresh you to get out there and do some voting. We really got to kind of talk about the where we're at on who's winning and who's leading and all of that. It's all on the links and guests this morning with the Sixtagram Thursday and the Looking at Girls blog page, there's a lot of good stuff on there today. Sunny sky is nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. Hi's up around seventy today, really beautiful day. What's trending over there?
Speaker 5: Both sixta Graham Thursday continues to trend. Pamela Alexandra was submitted to us by Vince in East Houston and a lot of people are checking her out this morning to look at her at the world famous Rad Ryan Show page.
Speaker 4: To buzz dot Com.
Speaker 5: Also continuing to trend to Sylvester Turner, the former Houston mayor, passed away late on Tuesday night. We really found about it yesterday he was seventy years old, and Texas Governor Greg Abbott is he's said, did all flags need to be flown at half staff to.
Speaker 4: Honor the former Houston mayor?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: And then also trending now is Joey Bosa. The Chargers released their star defensive end after nine seasons with the team last night, and people were talking about where he might end up.
Speaker 4: So that is what's trending on that. Any provide the buzz?
Speaker 2: All right, can we get song clips ready to go?
Speaker 4: You definitely get.
Speaker 2: Song clips ready to go?
Speaker 3: I will stop.
Speaker 2: Violent Femmes? Yeah, what do you know about him? Blister and blister and the sun. That's that's the ogee. My favorite song is added up. It's this one right here, which I hope this.
Speaker 17: Is the edit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Violent Fems get just one kiss? Yeahs oh god, I hope this is the edit. Bottom Fems are playing March eighteenth, White Oak Music Hall. Ticketmaster dot com has your tickets. Do you want to go see them? I'll take called a number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five. Man, I think they'd be awesome to.
Speaker 7: Go see The Rod Ryan Show. Good Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, shut Out co headlining Buzzfest. Are you kidding me? Chevelle and Marilyn Manson are co headliners for the show A morning day weekend hook. You're playing and making plans to come party with us. Tickets are available through ticket Master locations, and I was told that there is an opportunity online. If you log out of the mainframe, you go to the Buzz dot com, you got a chance to win some tickets. Seven twenty eight sunny Today, Low chances of rain hive seventy Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hey there, Hi, Hey there, who's this?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, Hi, this is Natalie.
Speaker 2: How are you doing great? Natalie? Would you like to go see the Violent Femmes? I would love to go see that. I would love to give you these tickets, saying congratulations they're playing Mountain's coming.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's coming up March eighteen that White Oak Music Hall. Everyone else has to go to ticketmaster dot com, but Natalie, you and the guests are in okay, awesome.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you have an awesome, awesome throwback Thursday. All right, I'll take a look. Let's do our throwback songs. Let's do it. Fountains of Wayne. We lost the lead singer around Covida forgot about that. This was their biggest hit, fueled by the great video that Chile has on their homage to fast times at Ridgemont High and their homage to the cars at the same time. Yeah, it's like it's the milf It's the ultimate milk song of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't even think of another one.
Speaker 2: Fountains of Wayne in second place. They were in first place earlier this morning. I mean to make sure that's correct. Yeah, Fountains of Wayne has thirty four percent of the vote. Welcome interstate managers. I believe this is the name of this album. Oh really, I don't remember that. I know that after the band kind of split up for a while. I think the guitar player went on to go to a band called Gay Potatoes.
Speaker 4: Oh that's an under same name.
Speaker 2: It's a great name. Here's the Gay Potatoes, everybody. It sounds like it'd be on a band shirt for us.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I love this band. Not a one hit wonder, probably a two hit Wonder. But man, I love this album. I know off the top of my head, Rotting Pinata. This song is called plow Way.
Speaker 3: Got some.
Speaker 2: Really great band out of Detroit. What Shange shot so well?
Speaker 3: Wait, mass O Sensor.
Speaker 2: This song was huge for a while. It's pretty old. It was in last place. You can tell I love it because I'm playing it for a long time. It's got twenty nine percent of your vote. What's winning? Yeah, Fuel was huge for a long time too. Fuel Bittersweet thirty six percent of the vote. You just lead singer head sex with a girl I was dating? Really Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Fact while I was dating her, Oh not as cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it happened. I'm not positive. I can't be sure. Brett Scallions, Yeah, so you're not a big bat, You're not today. I'm over it. I'm over it. Good for her, it was pretty handsome. Yeah, this is Fuel Bittersweet. It's in the lead right now. It's a good one too. I like the band. I do like Fuel, But they were one of these bands that was really easy to work with. They wanted to do everything that rate. They were into radio. They would what do you need, We'll come in in the morning. We'll do this. We'll do you need another edit of this song, We'll do it. They were they were so easy to work with. These guy's got like four or five big hits. They should be going out with Nickelback or Creed or whatever. They would crush. They would crush. People would remember five six songs of this. All right, the winning song is gonna be played in about two hours from now. Where do you vote the World Famous Rob Ryan Show page at the Buzz.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Show on ninety the bus.
Speaker 2: Four or five the bus, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Nirvana's all apologies read my lips coming up. Chili looks uh lonely wear a.
Speaker 5: Hat today, and I feel like that makes them more dangerous in the game. I don't know why I ses when you look like that guy might kick some asks.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I read.
Speaker 2: Why's Chili wearing a hat?
Speaker 17: Still Chili, no pug?
Speaker 2: That kind of hat? Like you wear a hat every day? It's weird. When you don't wear a hat, you look weird. Now they never see somebody, well, I guess maybe I would. I always feel like when you see people with glasses and when you see them not wearing glasses, they look mean. They're like, oh, what's matter? What's wrong? Oh? No glasses? Yeah, Like I think people see me now that I look weird without my glasses. Chili looks weird with a hat on. You look weird with a hat off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I was touring a place on on Monday and I put a collar shirt on and like I did my hair, and my mom saw me.
Speaker 4: It was like, what why are you dressed up? What do you what are you doing?
Speaker 5: And I was like, what we got we show? We saw a house today, so I had to look nice. I didn't want to look like a heathen.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's I mean, when you're doing the bare minimum and you come out of that that homeless look. I don't think it's like a homeless look that I had on. You don't look homeless. You look I don't have the beard anymore. I'm like, you have a hair anymore. Why don't you have long hair? I went through that phase just to want it. It was cool, but after a while, like it gets in your way. Oh jeez, shut up. It does omswitch problems with my long luxurious longer, Like when it gets really long, I don't mind.
Speaker 5: When it was like long when it gets like to your shoulder length, Like, that's a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Long hair is so much work. I hate you, like getting it getting up, welling out of bed and going I hate you. Whoa uh Harvard Business Review posted something and it seems to be getting some traction a little bit, and they say that work meetings can actually give you a hangover. They're called they're called meeting hangovers. It's a term that they use to describe the negative effects of a pointless meeting or one that's not run very well. Managers take note. Twenty eight percent of meetings cause negative effects on employees. They feel less focused after the meeting, less motivated, and less productive. The meeting makes you worse at your job. I imagine there's a lot of people.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: I go two ways on this, hahah. The people that bitch about meetings have never even made it to middle management. Okay, they've never hosted a meeting. The people that bitch about meetings the most have never had to put together a meeting, have never had to stand up in front of people and try to keep people's keep people engaged.
Speaker 4: And give them more money and a raise so they can.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to be in front of the room. Meeting hangovers can last anywhere from two hours to the rest of the day or longer. Now, if you had a noon meeting and it lasted an hour and at four o'clock you're dragging asked, He's like, boy, that meeting really took it out of me. I can't. I can't be around that person. I cannot be around that person, that.
Speaker 5: Guy that gal what I do get And this doesn't like not wizard's meetings, but like sometimes we have to do like the company meeting that like they don't talk about us at all. It doesn't really pertain to us. And it's like I could be doing work right now. I could be doing things right now, but now I'm not doing things because I'm watching you guys do things that don't have anything really to.
Speaker 2: Do with me. So the guy in the corner office, the president, Oh geez, I guess the new president. Hey, Paul, shout out Paul Amber. What they get excited about is money. I get that, and I don't have much of it, so I don't get as excited. The ratings play into that at but it really we are secondary citizens here. I understand that we are second class. We are actually on the bottom floor of the Titanic with the rats and then all the salespeople, and then you know they're all on the top tier. You know, they're all getting the boats. They're gonna they're gonna get the lifeboats. Yeah, you know, I'm just jump So you're right about when it comes to an iHeart Houston meeting, what excites them is money and Michael Barry. Those are the exciting things for them. Yeah, and then maybe we get to mention, you know, half hour into it. Oh yeah, that backpack cherry that raise money in the ratings are great, but it and the money and the revenue that we bring in, it's great. They just talk big picture money stuff. They just like talking about money.
Speaker 5: So those meetings, they're like, there's two email me about the podcast right now.
Speaker 2: I could be doing this right now. I'm glad, I gotta meant a meeting. But Wizard, we do a meeting every Thursday, which we have been granted. Is it clemency or we're not having a meeting to use we're doing other stuff We're doing We're doing other things. Our meetings are pretty easy. They're pretty quick. I start them off, Chili, what do you have hey man, I got nothing, Alex, what do you got? I got nothing? You guys already covered everything. Wizard goes through some numbers and boom we're in and out in about thirty five minutes. And those meetings aren't bad. Yeah, they're easy, they're easy, but I do I do require everybody that you got to say something, even if it's like, hey man, I got nothing, because you have the checklist.
Speaker 5: Everybody runs down the checklist and usually if it's not been answered, that's your turn.
Speaker 4: To answer what it is.
Speaker 2: What's worse having them go to you in a meeting or never going to you in a meeting. You know, my thing is when I'm doing the meetings, everyone's got to say something. I don't care, say something, say something, what's going on? Tell a joke, I don't care any try into my hand stand up when I do that. All right, So, meeting hangovers are a term that it seems to be kind of catching on right now.
Speaker 5: And then there's like the sometimes there's like the recap of meeting.
Speaker 2: I feel like people get called into.
Speaker 5: Where it's like, hey, let's go meet before the meeting and then after the meeting. Also follow up with me after the meeting to talk about what we all just met about.
Speaker 2: The best the best way to prevent meeting hangovers not have meetings at all. Listening more, helping the conversation move along, making every minute count, ending on time, having smaller meetings with fewer people. Yeah, less is more on meetings, less is more emails, making emails. Yeah, and if it can be done in an email, try to do it in an email.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 2: Rot Ryan Show. On a Throwback Thursday, sponge Cloud Boom meteoric Rise shot up to first place. Right now, fuels in second place.
Speaker 5: I know it that singer did people are people are mad at the singer now for you. Oh, they're trying to hope that was Rod's girl. Yeah ex girl. Yeah, they're not having that. And you're gonna win Throwback Thursday on his show.
Speaker 2: Yeh, yep, yep, yep. I think that's a true story too. Satni Skys today, I don't see anything about a ten percent chance of brain high of around seventy. It looks like it's like Jill, he's got a little friend in his room over there.
Speaker 4: I saw that.
Speaker 2: Michael Kelton. I'm assuming that's who that is. We'll meet him after eight o'clock. He's gonna be playing Chile in read my lips today for those offspring tickets. Well, chummy for guys, were go at each other. I think Chili played last week.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought I played. Didn't I go to overtime last week. We'll find out. We'll find out. We got to get into this. What's going on Houston headlines. Please welcome morning everyone.
Speaker 5: US Representative and former Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner passed away unexpectedly late Tuesday night at the age of seventy. He died just hours after attending President Donald Trump's address to Congress. Turner had previously battled bone cancer in his jaw, which was diagnosed in twenty twenty two. Turner's career spanned over three decades, including twenty seven years in the Texas House of Representatives and two terms the mayor of Houston. He was known for his leadership during crises like Hurricane Harvey, as well as his advocacy for underserved communities. His passing led to an outpouring of tributes from political figures, including Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who ordered flags to be flown at half staff in his honor.
Speaker 2: He got mentioned on the national news yesterday. I saw that day. This is the local story here.
Speaker 4: This one is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The first privately owned or probably.
Speaker 5: Built lunar lander touchdown on the Moon successfully on Saturday, and it looks like we're going to get to see another one today. Intuitive Machines launched its second lunar lander on February twenty sixth from a SpaceX Falcon nine rocket. They're calling it Athena, and it's targeting the Moon's south pole and has set to touchdown on the Moon today around eleven thirty am hour time. The mission includes deploying a drone named Grace to explore permanently shadowed craters in search of frozen water. Both programs are part of NASA's Commercial Lunar Payload Services Program, with more than a dozen companies participating. Has announced that they are releasing a new version of the game Monopoly called Not Monopoly App Banking that's gonna make the game a little bit more digital. The board game elements are mostly the same, with a few tweaks, like park Place and boardwalk have been switched to a rocket launch pad and the Moon. Other new properties include a chocolate factory, a VR roller coaster, and a dinosaur park. The main difference is that there will be no banker and no physical money in this version of the game. Instead, there's a mobile app that'll process all transactions. Hasbro says the app will help speed up the game, making it more accessible to younger players, as well as making it harder to cheat. The app banking version of the game is expected to hit most major retailers in August for twenty four dollars in ninety nine cents, while the mobile app will be free to download.
Speaker 2: That might be a fun poll question, when was the last time you played Monopoly for real? Nam? What if it was the last time you played I was a kid.
Speaker 4: I do know it's been a while.
Speaker 2: I feel like we played a couple of years. I feel like we tried to play a couple of years ago around Christmas time.
Speaker 5: I remember I got I got a whitelant, I got the keychain with like the magnetic pieces where like folds, and I didn't really play a full game on that because you can't because it's too small.
Speaker 2: But oh okay, that.
Speaker 4: Was the last time I messed with like a Monopoly.
Speaker 2: I have one years ago. I have one of course I have all this old stuff. I have an old one that my mom gave me. The hotels and the houses are wood, pre pre plastic houses and hotels.
Speaker 5: I liked when when you do somebody's house and like they only had Monopoly as the board game.
Speaker 4: I guess that's why you ended up playing it.
Speaker 5: And they didn't have the pieces, so you were just like, and here's a here's a paper clip, we're gonna use that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, I didn't have the dog anymore.
Speaker 5: You get to be a paper clip, and you can be a thumbtack.
Speaker 2: Everybody thought to be the car some some of the some of the board games had a battleship on them. They didn't all come with the standardized I always wanted to be the dog, the schnauzer.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, you know what?
Speaker 2: I thought that was the best. The top hat. Top hat was pretty cool. Top hat was like Monopoly. What the coolest game piece the play was the top hand on the iron? You got the iron?
Speaker 17: That was cool.
Speaker 2: The iron's stunk. It was a cool shaped piece.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Hated the irons. You would hate the iron? Oh are you ready for it? Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean you played this music. Bon Jovi could be in the news, his son could be in the news married to Millie Bobby Brown. But no, it could be a stripper story. It could be a breakup story. Maybe somebody got a shot in my heart. It's sort of a breakup story. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I got a shot in the.
Speaker 5: Heart because, accord to tabloid rumors, George and Lamal Clooney are heading for a trial separation. Apparently, their various career obligations have kept them from seeing each other and they have grown apart. According to sources, George has been preparing for his Broadway debut in a stage adaption of his movie good Night and Good Luck, while Amal is currently a visiting professor at Oxford University in England. The couple got married back in twenty fourteen. It's worth noting that a trial separation is not necessarily divorced. It's when a couple agrees to live apart for a period of time to evaluate their marriage.
Speaker 4: It's an image.
Speaker 5: It's an informal arrangement that doesn't involve lawyers or judges.
Speaker 2: But it's weird that it's called a trial separation. Yeah, I was asking about that. I'm like, no, let's just end this things. No, no thanks, no no no, no, no, no no no, Let's let's cut the cord.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we wish them the best in their future endeavors or too hopefully everything's gone good for them. Green Days Billy Joe Armstrong is now a part owner of a baseball team. The Green Day frontman and rapper Too Short have joined the ownership group of the Oakland Ballers, an independent baseball team in California. It's not surprising considering Armstrong's ties to the city of Oakland and his support for their local sports teams, especially in light of the Oakland Athletics planned relocations to Las Vegas. Armstrong has been vocal about his disapproval for the A's move. He's even gone as far as altering the team's logo during a concert to show allegiance to his new team, the Ballers. The team invested one point six million dollars in its park before the ballers first game last year, and they do a big crowds all season long.
Speaker 4: Those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Low Key always one of my favorite Green Day songs. Geek Stink Bread Yeah.
Speaker 4: This is a good one.
Speaker 2: From Insomniac talk about this song. It's a great song. Maybe do this on throwback. I wouldn't hate that, all right. What you got going on in sports?
Speaker 5: Well down at spring training and the Astros got by the Cardinals yesterday six to five. They're gonna play the Mets tonight down in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. First pitches at five to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. And basketball Rockets are trying to put an endo their three game losing streak. They're gonna take on the Pelicans tonight down in New Orleans. They're four and a half point favorites heading into this game. Tip Off is at seven o'clock and you can listen to it on our sister station, News.
Speaker 4: Radio seven forty kt H. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz, Nickelback and rock Star Head.
Speaker 2: A play part of the show, pip Huh, it's eight oh seven, read my lips coming up. We got Michael It's gonna be taking on the Chile after the break for offspring tickets. I have no reason to believe that Michael is not going to win those offspring tickets. But if he doesn't, we'll get a backup on the phone. We'll give away offspring tickets to somebody this hour. They don't go on sale until tomorrow at ten am. Same time. To bring me the Horizon tickets are going on sale. Oh man, uh huh, just give them. Just hand your wallet over to ticket Monster. Ten percent chance of rain. Nothing over that today, sunny skies highs up about seventy guys. The golf tournament is sold out. But boy, I just saw a bunch of sponsors came in and I'm so happy about it. This is where I mean without taking in the back room and seeing how we make the sausage. Okay, all the money you make on a golf tournament, you basically come out even if you sell out the golf tournament just in the players alone. Boom, that's what it cost to put on a tournament. Okay. The money we make are coming from the sponsorships. Everything is benefiting Texas Adaptive Aquatics here, Admiral Transfer and Rigging. They help out so much. Doke and CC, thank you guys. The big sponsor, car Back came in Grazia Italian Kitchen, so you know we're gonna eat. I was so happy to see Roosters Bar in Dayton, Texas. I know they're gonna get me crap because I haven't been there yet. But those girls that whole. Do you remember how hard they were partying? Didja? Did you make it over there? Sometimes you're at your hole for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm at the gravy hole usually, but I drove by there, and I was one of those guys like if I stop here, I'm not leaving this hole.
Speaker 2: I they partied so hard at Roosters at that hole, I said, what, what's the nearest hotel near your bar? Because if I'm going on a date, I'm staying out there, like I'm just going there. So yeah, I might just move to Roosters. Like if they got like something above the bar, maybe I could stay out Willie's Ice House and Grill or Willi's Ice House and grill. They came in again. That's a party hole. I love them. Express crane and rigging, she sent me an email not that long ago. I'm so glad that they were able to turn it around. I don't know that they're bringing a crack Jim Adler, Mainland Tool, Yellowstone Landscape Company, Thank you, R and J. Precise Welding, Stormbusters, Richard and Sun's Service, Crawley Signs and Graphics. Now there's a Past the Gravy Hole. Okay. Any signage is the first time they've come in on a whole sponsor, So thank you to them. Give them a bell. Good to have some newbies a part of the tournament. And then there's a bro brad Hole.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that guy loves by golf hole.
Speaker 2: I thought he's he's the one that kind of bank rolls the past the gravy hole, right.
Speaker 5: We never asked him to do that. He was like, Hey, I just got a hole and I named it the Past the gravy Hole.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: But now there's a bro Brad hoole. Yeah, does he ever come to golf tournament. Not once he has whole.
Speaker 5: He has a whole name sponsored it every year for five years now, he.
Speaker 2: Has a whole named after him. He has a bro Brad hole. He'd better be there. I would expect that he needs to be there.
Speaker 5: He could help move that crane if he doesn't need If they need to bring a crane, out.
Speaker 2: There, guys. I know that sounds like a lot of sponsors, and it is. I mean, it's great, and I'm very grateful, especially some of the new people that have come on that have never been involved with us before. But I need more. I need more. I need auction items, and I'm gonna ask because people are asking me if if we need volunteers still, So I'll get with Roger today to see if we still need some more volunteers. You're gonna be out on Saturday. Yeah, You're hanging with my boy Gunner at Onion Creek.
Speaker 4: Love Gunner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the seventeenth Daniel Chili Cookoff at Onion Creek, and I'll be there. I'm getting there at three o'clock, but the whole party goes from one to six. I'm probably gonna get there a little bit before that too, but I'm gonna be there for the long haul and come have some chili. There's gonna be games, prizes and tons of good times. So come hang out at Onion Creek and and party with me this Saturday. I got off that next week too, so I'm gonna be partying pretty hard.
Speaker 2: It's a good place to party, it really is. Like, might get to meet my daughter, might bring her out there. Who knows. Gunner makes it so you don't want to leave.
Speaker 5: I don't ever want, Like, yeah, every time we do Cactus Cove and he's.
Speaker 2: What he's out there, it's like, can I just live here? Like you said, just build a bar, just build an apartment above.
Speaker 4: Here and I'll rent from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I actually I remember back in the day I asked Anthony to do that over at Luckies. I'm like, can you just put on something for us so we can just stay here afterwards? Yeah, we were doing so much at Luckies back in the day. You know, Okay, it's time to read my lips. I gotta check my easy mail. I got a lot of words here, but I know I got a bunch of emails that I've got to get to. I'm gonna use this break here with time. I have to go back. One last scan great words, chwa is gonna be taken on Michael. We're gonna meet Michael after the break, and Michael might leave here with some offspring tickets. If you can beat Chili at reading my lips. One last final push to send me your word suggestions email me directly. Rod at the buzz dot com. We're gonna have some fun after the break.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four the buzzs just like the man said, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Throwback Thursday. Oh, I haven't looked at that in a little bit. I'm gonna take a glance at that. I'll get a guest in the studio. We want to say hi to him and leave some time for that. When I was looking at the pains, Yeah, throwback Thursday, sponge Cloud forty seven percent of the vote, Nice Fuel, Bittersweet thirty percent of the vote, Fountains of Wayne Stacy's Mom, Great Song twenty two percent of the vote. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain Sonny Hies up around seventy. Today. I saw the Ficstagram Thursday. Yeah, you were just talking about it, number one link today, Chili. It's a good one. Oh yeah, I mean you like all of them.
Speaker 17: I mean true, this one's made it on my top ten at the end of the.
Speaker 2: Last ten are your top ten of the year?
Speaker 17: Just depends on my move.
Speaker 2: You know what's trending? That hat on your head, what's going on? Yeah, I like.
Speaker 16: It because, uh, I haven't shaved this, so I'm looking very rough.
Speaker 17: You see the ball spots.
Speaker 16: Okay, So we have a guest in the studio today, so let me just look's.
Speaker 4: Hat also trending?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah fix grim Thursday Pamela Alexandra submitted to us by Vince in East Houston. Go check her out at the World Famish Road Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Bill Murray is trending.
Speaker 5: He addressed the rumors that he is or was dating the rapper Kellis Coali, famous police famously call the boys to the art, including Bill Murray.
Speaker 2: He said he was never banging her.
Speaker 5: He said he wasn't, but that it did help give him some street credits.
Speaker 4: So he thought that was cool. And he was like, I let it go.
Speaker 2: Why would I why would I interrupt it? He said he liked her, he liked her songs. He does she do something with Wu Tang. But he's back in the day some stuff.
Speaker 17: Okay, he's married to the rapper nos.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he was a fan of hers and then he met her and then they just kind of became friendly. But people just ran with it and thought they were dating. And Bill Murray doesn't say no or yes to things for a long time. He just he just ran with it.
Speaker 4: I also saw he was gonna be on that Hot One's wing show.
Speaker 2: That'd be funny.
Speaker 5: And then DK metcalf is trending. The Seahawks Pro Bowl receiver requested to trade yesterday, and now people are talking about where they think he may land. That's what's training on Nighty by the Buzz. Chili just throw it back Thursday is top ten material.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 2: I mean six Stagram Thursday. Oh you know this is top ten material.
Speaker 17: She's always been on top tens. Number one in my heart to read my lips.
Speaker 2: There he is, there, he is. Who's your friend over here?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 2: Michael?
Speaker 17: Michael?
Speaker 2: Okay? Now Chili? You played last week? Yes, and we've been billboarding all week that your So we're just gonna go with it.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 17: I'm ready. I mean, you know, I'm always ready.
Speaker 2: Michael, who would you rather play? Don't lie? I don't care. Don't lie to me. He's played Chili. Okay. See see you said we're probably on equal levels. I think like Alex would kill me. You just sign Michael, Where are you from from? Humble. Okay, I mean, did you practice? What? What would make you think that this would be a fun thing to come in and do. I was on my way home from the gym and I heard you, so I just gave it a shot. Okay, so you're from Humble, and what kind of work do you do? I sell and least refrigerated shipping containers. That's right. Okay, Michael Kelton. Who's listening to you today? My wife? So she can watch me lose? Is she watching you like on the Facebook? Maybe you're a teacher.
Speaker 17: She's at school?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, oh so she might be in the middle of teaching, so she'll listen to the podcast. Not a classroom teacher, she does. She's like the math.
Speaker 17: Instructional coach for the school.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, she's able to sneak away. Okay, so she's listening live apparently.
Speaker 17: Okay, hello wife, everybody take a potty break right now?
Speaker 2: All right to go? I got offspring tickets before they go on sale tomorrow. I can only imagine that Alex is not the only one excited about the Jimmy Eat World in Newfound Glory portion of that show, alternating bands with them, and this is the best of the bunch, So tickets go on sale tomorrow at ten o'clock. I'm gonna give away a pair of tickets either way, whether you win or lose. I'll get somebody on the phones. But get your mind right. We're gonna play. You got if you gotta go potty, if you gotta get a coffee, you gotta get a water. You got three minutes, Michael good all right, three minutes. We're gonna see what Michael does against the Chile and read my lips. The Ron Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Lincoln Park, lying from you, good morning, brought Ryan's Show. All right, I want to get right into it. I was just telling our contestant here, it's Michael Kelton. It's down to read my look. It's been very fun up until now. Michael, it's very fun having listeners in. Don't f it up. It's been really, really good. It takes one. Yeah, I think we've all. I mean, this was an experiment. We talked about it before the end of the year when we knew Tessa was leaving, and we just said, let's just bring it listeners, Let's try to see how it goes and it's been really, really fun every single week. Now, Chili, Yo, you don't f it up either, never do well, it's not never, it's not never ninety nine point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a pretty good track record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's that one slip up. There's that one hand titty o bake, it's one. All right, I'm gonna go to the Michael. You're gonna win these offspring tickets, right, Yeah, you're gonna win them. Yeah, I'm gonna I'm just just to cover our bases here. Okay, just in case the worst happens, you lose your eyesight in the middle of the game.
Speaker 3: Now you just get it did.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone by This is James. How you doing, James, I'm doing well. Listen. Michael's going to win these offspring tickets. But if Chili pulls some sort of kabookie when he blows like something to get his eyes and he can't see anymore dust see him here, then James, if Michael doesn't win, it looks like you're gonna get those offspring tickets.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, can you find it in your in your heart to root for Chili this one?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Chili, what you got. Who's who's gonna go first?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 16: Well, since last time, I chose, I'm gonna let the listener choose, Michaels, you get the chills and go first?
Speaker 2: Okay, bold bold strategy button. Oh yeah, I did. All right, Chili's now, uh getting the headphones on? Did you listen to the song Michael the I did. It's what is it? Sultan's Curse?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: I mastered it on. Yeah, it's intense. It's intense, it's loud. That's what you're listening to while you're trying to read my lips. So you've got that distraction going on as well. Meanwhile, I got James over here distracting me. James, Yes, sir, good luck.
Speaker 4: He doesn't mean it, James, I mean it though, good luck.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, James got to sit right there, chill. He's putting on the headphones.
Speaker 17: Here we go, hold on, hold on, I got a phone store.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's get rid of a couple of these things. I'm in a right now, Alex, all right, all right, we're ready to rock. There we go. All right, you're keeping time. I am keeping time. I got ready to go, all right, oh, smart move, Michael, just like watch him do it. You know, see how the whole thing goes down. You're all right, twenty seconds on the clock. No extra time for your twin brother, turn red, Michael. If you want to watch over my shoulder, Michael, do watch over his shoulder. I need to, but you can't. All right, I will. Chris sent this word in when he finishes chill, he has twenty seconds to get this right. Thumbs up. Here we go.
Speaker 17: Okay, let me get out of the way before we start. What hand didy gulagh?
Speaker 2: Alright, he had to get that up now, sound to please? Now, I gotta get rid of all my words. I'm just kidding. Here we go.
Speaker 18: Razzle dazzle something snatcher, razzle dazzle renter snatcher, razzle dazzle, trashy stalker, razzle, trashy snatch, razzle dazzle, broke radis trashy razzle Dazzleme, dude, sounded like trashy.
Speaker 2: It was trashy stalker. Why did you give that to him?
Speaker 13: I mean, that's up to you. It was razzle, dazzle, trashy stalker.
Speaker 2: It looked like trashy ham titty gulash in his head.
Speaker 4: He can't get out of here.
Speaker 17: No, I had it out of my mind.
Speaker 2: Now I'm back.
Speaker 17: Now what's back in there?
Speaker 2: Michael? That's good news for you.
Speaker 6: Like it.
Speaker 2: I think this is good news for you all around. Mundo. My thoughts and prayers going on to Mundo. He's going into surgery today. He's getting that back taken care of. So, Mundo, we wish you the best. I'm there with you, bro, I really am. I wish you the best. Thumbs up, thumbs out. I don't know where he's going with this one.
Speaker 15: Clam rattle, lean, clam rattle, claim, clam rattle, clean wagon, clam limp clamp read clam.
Speaker 18: Rattle, pamp snatcher claim, cam snatcher.
Speaker 2: Clam rattle, clamra Where is this guy go with the camp snatch? The Revenge of the Pimp Snatchers sounding a band, great movie, great pimp snatch, movietres, late night cinema, the clam rattle.
Speaker 17: Oh, get back to surgery. You were close.
Speaker 2: He's probably on drugged up. Yeah he was, and he was clamped with that word. Okay, Michael, we might not even have to go to you, all right, we might just do you have to go at least one.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, you're gonna have to get one, all right, I'm gonna get maybe two, maybe two, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Todd sent this one in thank you talk. I think he was talking about one of the videos that's featured today on Throwback m h Sometimes up there we go.
Speaker 16: Alright, let me get out of the way. Ham Tity Glen powder out.
Speaker 19: Milf Mower, Beef Boner, Milf Mower, Beef Bros. Milf Milf Mower, Milf Mower, Milf mower, Lean Forward, Milf Biff, Milf Milf mower, a mower.
Speaker 2: It was after, it was after. You're just thinking soups the whole time.
Speaker 5: I think, guys, I think you just you broke your brain.
Speaker 2: Milf mower mo You said more at the end though, after the after. Yeah, it's a little late.
Speaker 4: Mower you brought her.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh, Mike, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 2: You gotta get one one and you're going to the offspring.
Speaker 4: Dude, that's a good call to go. A second after the bus after.
Speaker 2: The busfest, we said, this is the best show of the summer. Yeah, all right, Milf mower. Thank you, Tom or not thank you?
Speaker 4: No, You're best cholling chili.
Speaker 17: It's not it's not.
Speaker 2: I said that as a friend.
Speaker 17: Friends tell the truth.
Speaker 2: Al Michael Kelton, his wife is listening, said he practiced a little bit.
Speaker 6: It didn't help.
Speaker 2: It didn't help. All right, go ahead, pretty well, there you go. Gear up, foil up, coach, you're going in.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: He no longer can hear my voice. Listener, Michael Calton, do you think he's going to get at least one or he's going to get one?
Speaker 17: This one we're going overtime.
Speaker 2: Michelle sent this one in overtime. All right, here we go, up, here we go.
Speaker 20: Harley Jesus, hockey stick, Harley hungry, Harley Jesus again, Harley hungry, Hary Jesus, Harley hockey Harley Jesus, Harley Jesus, Harley Jesus.
Speaker 2: I got nothing. Oh, take it off real quick.
Speaker 4: Get hockey stuck in your brain right there?
Speaker 2: So tell him what happens? You get one one.
Speaker 5: Word and you can't get out of your head, even if it's not the right way. It looks like that word. That's all I see.
Speaker 2: Hartley Jesus. I think there was a fun fact today. It was something or something Jesus on a motorcycle. All right, all right, here's back on. Let's go. That's all right, he got that first one out of keep their composure. Okay, man, anybody can have anybody losing.
Speaker 17: It out there telling you, man, overtime and it's gonna benefit me.
Speaker 2: You think it's overtime. Yeah, he's got to get one.
Speaker 17: It's gonna benefit me, all right, Eli.
Speaker 2: Friend down, friend off, Eli.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, over time for sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, James, he's still there.
Speaker 6: I'm here.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got a joke or anything. Michael, you can't hear you. Here we go, thumbs up, thumbs out, Eli synthesis. Here we go.
Speaker 10: Goat toast, goat beer, goat beer, goat post, goat toest, goat beer.
Speaker 2: Man, this is hard.
Speaker 10: Goat toast, goat croat ghost, goat beer, goat beer.
Speaker 2: Time man, I'm mad at this. Oh yeah, that's another fun fact. The Vikings.
Speaker 4: You die thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Bear te be changed. Goat beer, Yeah said beer. Oh James is loving it on the phone. Yeah, all right, here we go. You're gonna get this. I gotta all right, James. Have we ever gone into overtime when nobody got anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe it's been that first now with the listeners.
Speaker 17: Probably the first, the first game ever.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go, mm hmm, Jesse, we set this in, all right, Here we go. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 21: Panty snack, panty, hm, panty, panty beets, panty, panty snack, panty snack something snack, panty panty snack, panty he wanted it?
Speaker 2: Which did I get? Snack snack? Okay, nailed that part. Panty snack?
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: You gotta get Michael out of here, yeah, all right, Chilli, get yourself situation. We're going in overtime, all.
Speaker 17: Right, man, just just give me the tickets.
Speaker 2: Okay, overtime rules. We're gonna get Michael in an area that he cannot hear us. Chilli, I'm gonna give you the word. Keep guessing until you get it, all right? Would you get it? Would you? Would you get it?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 2: I'll get his because let's let's be honest, he's not here. He can't hear it is Michael stinks.
Speaker 3: You know, I had.
Speaker 2: Listen. It's very hard for those to be at home. I mean, I don't know, I've never played, but it's very hard. They tell me.
Speaker 17: I had to build him up. You know, now I'm gonna chop him down.
Speaker 2: James, Okay, because at some point this game has to end right now.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 2: A listener Alex sent this in also has green eyes. Listens to the show. It's an elite name, Elite eyes. There we go. You start timing his soon as I say the word, we're counting out. All right, we're so behind, we're so late.
Speaker 17: Fine, be fine.
Speaker 2: Wizard's a lot of town. Maybe he's not listening to Dallas. Okay, thumbs up, thumbs out.
Speaker 22: Dip stick, triple set, dip stick, nipplesack, dip stick, simple stare dip stick, nip glass, nipples dip stick, dip step, dip naimp dip zip the dip stick, nipped tuck, dip stick tip me tame dip dip dip stick, summertime, how much time it's on the car, dip stick, what dip stick?
Speaker 2: Lip stick? So close? No, naa, no, I'm not telling you. Come on, I'm not telling you. Okay. I marked down what he got, so he times out, and then what do we do?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: What do we do? Do you keep going? No, I gotta take a break. At some point.
Speaker 17: This might be the worst scheme man.
Speaker 2: All right, Michael, get in here, just get one, Michael, Michael. Here he is, Michael, mikey boy, Michael. How overtime works is I'm going to say the word. You keep guessing until you get it right. Okay, we'll time you how long it takes you to get it right. Okay, but just keep guessing. He's looking at his watch. Don't worry. We'll keep time. He's looking at his watch. He's like, oh my god, Rod, you're really late. Right now, you're right, Michael, you're right, I am late.
Speaker 17: You're a wizard. Here we go, Oil, just be good over broad.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Listener, Alex sent this in with green eyes.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a good word.
Speaker 2: After I say the words, start timing, he's gonna get it. Thumbs up, thumbs up.
Speaker 23: Dip stick, dip, same words diep, same word, dip stick, dip stick, same word dip.
Speaker 17: How do how do you do?
Speaker 2: Dip?
Speaker 24: Dip, dip stop, dip, stamp, dip dip same dip.
Speaker 2: Time, dip, same time, dame.
Speaker 24: Dip stick, dip stick, I got nothing, same sick stamp.
Speaker 17: Dame stop, same.
Speaker 2: Dip stick, dips stick, chilie dip stick I have no idea. Where's he at?
Speaker 17: Six chili?
Speaker 2: He passed chili?
Speaker 4: Damn double o t I gotta run back.
Speaker 2: Dip stick dipick dip.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's never happened, No one's I don't even got it down of the room.
Speaker 2: You stay here, you're fresh. All right, here we go, let's get all right, here we go. We're gonna do this. Try and read his lips on this, son, We're gonna get this done here.
Speaker 1: I have to win.
Speaker 2: Somebody has to win. I'll take the offering tickets. I ain't gonna lie. All right, here we go. Time yep, somebody's king. Yes, they will get this. Here we go. Thumbs up, thumbs up, fart fart All right.
Speaker 3: By me.
Speaker 2: It was part I appreciate what easy word there. Okay, do to read my lips. Bring chili in the room.
Speaker 3: Chili, chill the chili, chilly chi chi chi.
Speaker 2: There he is, Come on in chill.
Speaker 17: You are you gonna give him a ham kid?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about goolash. All right, let's go, come on, let's go. All right, here we go. Chili's not putting on the headset. Alex is doing my timing for me. Okay, double o t This is the first.
Speaker 4: Time history being made.
Speaker 2: Right now, okay, jobs being lost?
Speaker 4: Where were you?
Speaker 2: Thumbs up? You're on the you're on the trail there right, Okay, fart fart, get out of here when you're easy. I'm giving you fifty words today.
Speaker 17: You should have given me that word, the first.
Speaker 2: Alex official timekeeper. All right, I'll read my lips today.
Speaker 5: Well, Chili got it just now in one point one four seconds.
Speaker 4: What did Michael do? Zero point eight three seconds, Michael wins.
Speaker 2: In the first double overtime of all time. Wow, James, get out of here.
Speaker 6: That lost.
Speaker 2: Michael. I'm gonna give you the Ospring tickets. Wow, I'm just so late, Michael. Great job today. Well you.
Speaker 24: Was it.
Speaker 17: I showed up.
Speaker 2: You got the tickets. I didn't say any of bad words. And Offspring Jimmy World, Newfound Floria. You're into the show. Oh my god, we're so late.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rocks, Alternative and Home at the rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Wow, we're gonna get right into Houston's headlines. Obviously a time for one email. I don't have time for anything. I gotta read this email because it's written so well. Brandon sends this one in talking about the game, read my lips, Rod. We started listening to the game, made a trip around the earth, met a woman in Cambodia. We had a child. I watched them grow to have children of their own. We started a racehorse farm in London. They race on grass over there. I watched that grow. I just got back and the game just wrapped up. That game was long, that was very long, was lost very long in Was it the worst game of all time or the best game of all I don't know. That's up to you. That's up to you, son. These guys today ten percent chance of rain, highs of around seventy. Thank you Michael for coming in and he got the job done. He got the offspring tickets. I got sold out depthtones tickets for you coming up at around ninet ten. I got Alex right now with Houston's headlines, Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: US Representative and former Houston mayor Sylvester Turner passed away unexpectedly late Tuesday night at the age of seventy. He died just hours after attending President Donald Trump's address to Congress Turner had previously battled bone cancer in his jaw, which was diagnosed in twenty twenty two. Turner's career spand over three decades, including twenty seven years in the Texas House of Representatives and two terms as the mayor of Houston. He was known for his leadership during crises like Hurricane Harvey, as well as his advocacy for underserved communities. His passing led to an outpouring of tributes from political figures, including Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who ordered flags to be flown at half staff in his honor. Yesterday, President Trump granted US automakers a one month exemption from the newly imposed twenty five percent tariffs on vehicles imported from Canada and Mexico. The decision came after discussions with executives from Ford, General Motors, and Stilantis, aiming to prevent economic disadvantages for these companies. The exemption is set to expire on April second, after which tariffs may be enforced. Major automakers stocks surged in response to this decision. Crystal Light is getting a refresh, and this time with Booze. The makers of Crystal Light announced Crystal Light Vodkasts refreshers, which are described as a seventy seven calories zero sugar beverage. They'll come in two flavors, wild strawberry and Lemonade. It'll be three point eight percent alcohol by volume. And it's not all that surprising though, because people have been using Crystal Light as a mixer for years. The Crystal Light Vodka refreshers are going to start appearing in select stores in the Northeast this month, with a larger rollout over the next year. They're going to be sold in four packs for nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 2: When we talked about this earlier, you said you'd do you'll do the same, Like if you maybe mix it up a little bit, whether it's a truly or high noon or whatever, do you care what flavor you get? I absolutely do not care. If I ordered at a barble like, I don't want greapefruit.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have like a I liked cherry back in the day, but.
Speaker 4: Then I kind of got burnt out on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes you're like, just don't give me, just don't give me that one. I don't not like flav I don't like certain players, but I don't like love one particular one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care which labor. Just mix it up, you know, every fifth vier or so.
Speaker 5: Former X Files star David Ducoveney is going to host a real life X Files show on the History Channel. It'll be called Secrets Declassified, and each episode's going to focus on a different topic, like Area fifty one and Argo. The ten part series is going to reveal the latest evidence in the government's most secretive, strange, and mind blowing activities that have been classified through history. All talking about the series, du Coveney said, quote, I've always been drawn to exploration of the more complicated aspects of our lives, leaning into conversations that dig below the surface and unlot more interesting stories.
Speaker 4: There's no word yet on when that the show will premiere.
Speaker 5: Billy Corgan says that the tide is turning for Creed and Nickelback while talking about polarizing acts on Joe Rogan's podcast, Corgan and said, quote, You're about to see that Nickelback and Creed are about to go on a huge run of business. They survived, they hate, and now comes the inevitable moment of.
Speaker 2: Oh it was really good. They wrote really good songs.
Speaker 5: He also called his own band, Smashing Pumpkins, one of the most misunderstood bands in the history of rock and roll, and says that time will tell his story better than he did.
Speaker 2: I'll just say this about the bands, because you know, I've always defended both Nickelback and Creed. It doesn't matter what the internet says. They've always done big business as far as being touring bands. Yeah, they've always made a ton of money on the road in front of them. But they still sold out stuff everywhere they played. Everywhere they made huge money. So Billy Corky is always talking about it. These losers on the internet might be going, oh, maybe we got it wrong all those years. That's why hates on Taylor.
Speaker 5: So if she's still selling out yup stadiums, so like you can hate all you want, she's still making bang.
Speaker 2: Agree if created Nickelback ever go out together, good night, I don't know how good putting something together good night. And then I said, throw fuel on that bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, juston's headlines.
Speaker 2: What you got in sports?
Speaker 5: Down at spring training. The Astros got by the Cardinals yesterday six to five. They're gonna play the Mets tonight in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, first pitches at five to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and then in Basketball Rocket, they're back in action tonight, trying to put an end of their three game losing streak. They're gonna be in New Orleans to take on the Pelicans. Tip Off is at seven, and you can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven h Because what's going on in sports We did it Houston.
Speaker 8: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz, Come on ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Come on. Ten percent chance of rain Sonny Hi around seventy. It's our last hour together. Guys, boy, we've been busy, busy, busy today. That game that read my lips. Game all right, I don't know what are you gonna do? Is live radio. There's no net. You gotta do what you gotta do. So it took a little bit longer than I wanted, but I thought it was somewhat entertaining. I thought Michael did what he had to do to beat Chili today, and he got the job done, got the Offspring tickets. What I am sitting on are some Deftones tickets right now. They're playing March sixteenth Toyota Center. That's coming up two sundays from now. Okay, I don't know how many sleeps that is, Alex, but this is the sold out show and we got tickets on the floor. Okay, you're out Saturday. You already mentioned that you're gonna be at Onion Creek for the chili cook off. You might be bringing the whole family out there. Huh, I hope. So I think you got nice weather. Did you drop a new podcast? I did?
Speaker 4: Okay, episode of Past the Gravy.
Speaker 2: Very solid episode, if I do say so.
Speaker 5: Myself talked about wrestling heels, some of our favorite heels in wrestling, talked about the rodeo a little bit, and then we tried to debate whether or not.
Speaker 4: Everything in the world can tell time.
Speaker 5: And then we also tried to find out which sport has made spectators funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting podcast, but check it.
Speaker 4: Out wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: One of the links that is up almost every day, kind of like the food blog page. You know, there's the three things you must see every now and then I'll go out of my way to say, hey, listen, you really need to go and check this out the Crazy Criminal blog page. Today I email Paul, who works here. I said, dude, is this your neighbor? He said, she used to be. She doesn't live there anymore. She has since moved away, but I think they still own the house and it's just kind of sitting there not doing much. I had to ask you about it. Have you heard of Amaranth?
Speaker 4: I have not, Okay, Houston.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she started out as a gamer, Okay, and then I think she good looking gal, probably started out on Instagram, made her way to she's good looking, people wanted to watch her play video games, and then only fans rolls around and it's okay, let's start really making some money here.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Houston onlyfan and streamer Amaranth robbed at gunpoint. She's listed as an onlyfan star and a streamer. I think like millions of dollars we're talking now with this girl. Okay. I think it's in the millions of dollars range. Okay. She had a really scary situation happened on Sunday. Apparently that this did not happen in our coworker's neighborhood. She no longer lives there. She was robbed at gunpoint assaulted. She detailed the alleged attack in a real time tweeting what happened. According to her, she thinks she was targeted because her cryptocurrency, as she recently reported that her earnings from it were over twenty million dollars. These people are bragging about their money, and whether they're lying about it or not. I know she's worth millions of dollars. I do know that. I don't know if she's worth twenty million or this one cryptocurrency is worth twenty million. But the same thing. You remember a couple of years ago when and I think she learned her lesson here and you shouldn't have to do this to learn a lesson. But Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint and she was bragging about all the jewelry she had. Maybe she was in Paris. Do you remember remember the people attacked. They went in her room and they stole that jewelry. Because she was online, she was saying where she was, and she was showing off all of this jewelry that she had. And then people just went and went and took it. It's like with the football players are like, well they play a game. If we know that they're rich, we know that they're not going to be home at this time. That is happening with some of these big superstars. She was Ama raanf is her name. She told the cops she was sleeping when three men entered her home. They shot out a window, they kicked at her bedroom door. She led them to an area of the home where her husband was with a loaded gun. They believe one of the suspects was struck by a bullet. All three fled the scene. Amba Ranft was taken to the hospital as she was pistol whipped by one of the intruders. And she is listed as being in okay. She is okay. She's from Houston, and she's bragging about having twenty million dollars floating around. And then guys came and you got to understand, the guys that follow you on Instagram, they might not be the best character people either. I'm not saying that everybody is a psycho and a weirdo, but I'm saying maybe one of them out there. That's all it takes I'm saying that some of those are going to be psychos and weirdos that follow you on these things and you brag about your money and stuff. I'm not saying that's an excuse, and these guys are in the wrong one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: But you know you're not doing all you can to like help make sure that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: All right, you can see this story, and you can see what she looks like and all of that. She's from Houston. You can see her on the Crazy Criminal blog page today, which never is our number one blog page. It might be today, Yeah, after that, it might be. I got tickets looking for call her number ten. Now, Oh, let me real quick throw back thursdays. Let me see where we're at. Sponge Cloud still in the lead, kidding me? Is that true? Hang on? Hang on, hang on, Boom boom. Fountains of Wayne nice worst to first. I love that, love that after the milf mower didn't go and put them over the edge. I think she does mow the lawn in that video too. In the Fountains of Wayne video. Fountains of Wayne as thirty seven percent of the vote, sponge Cloud thirty five percent of the vote. Fuel Bittersweet twenty seven percent of the vote. It's a three horse race. Any one of those songs could still be played at nine thirty today. Def Tones are sold out March sixteenth. I've got tickets for you right now on the floor. I'll take call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five of us, Rocky and.
Speaker 17: Al tear very you soon.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am. Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan Charlott. Me go give away these tickets. This is a big one because it's a sold out show. Hello, Hello, well hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Denise?
Speaker 21: Hi?
Speaker 2: Denise? How are you?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm awesome.
Speaker 8: I'm nervous.
Speaker 2: No, why why would you be nervous?
Speaker 17: I want these tickets?
Speaker 2: Deftones sold out? Why didn't you buy them when they were on sale?
Speaker 7: We did, but we gave them to my son for his birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? How nice. It never ends. It never ends with these kids. They're so needy. Alex, are you taking notes? Your life is over? It's like it's kids. It never ends. What the kids wanting? You know what? This is great? You are the tenth caller. I mean, how great are you? Guys? You gave the tickets to your kids. It show sells out, you can't get them anymore, and now you just want a pair. I'm so happy, so happy for you. What's what is that Brady kids name that's got the tickets? I'm kidding Justin? Justin? Well, guess what Justin? Mom and dad are coming along. Oh my god, that's so great. All right, Oh my god, have a great time. All right, thank you so much. So fun. Kid thinks he's gonna be out partying. Mom and dad will be right there. Bro, I hate to be this guy. And then you're like, well then don't just come look at my screen real quick, Come look at my computer. Tell me how cool that looks? What a difference, What a difference. A couple of you guys have been checking out the live eagle cam. Remember those bald eagles and that mom who's doing all the work, who's sitting there and she's on the eggs, and what I think one of them is hatched. I didn't I couldn't tell you what the temperature was. I don't know where this thing is out in California or something, Big Bear Lake, big Beer Lake. It looked like a beautiful summer setting. Couldn't be further from the truth. That Mama is covered in snow. It's completely snowy. If you looked at the live eagle camera yesterday, you have to see it today. And of course the old man's not around, he's out, he's getting he never came back from getting smoked at the bar. I'm sure he came back.
Speaker 5: Mos No lives out there.
Speaker 2: Be Mom's still doing all the work and she's sitting there and she's just sitting keeping those eggs warm. It is completely beautiful and snowy and fluffy and everything. It is awesome. That was yesterday the live eagle cam. Uh, go to yesterday's you know, go to links and guests and just kind of scroll down and you'll see it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Speaker 9: Guysline it's Alix online ninety four five the mus All right, what you're doing today today, you're gonna see if you can name that bird.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna be looking at a bunch of different birds.
Speaker 2: This isn't even because of the eagle, MoMA eagle, but.
Speaker 4: It could be the eagle.
Speaker 5: These are not the eagles you will be naming, but you will be go looking looking at different species of birds and trying to see if you can correctly name them all. Josh Tree got thirteen out of fifteen, So congratulations to Josh Tree.
Speaker 2: He's already done it. I mean, are we talking pelicans and things that.
Speaker 5: We all tell you what they are, but they're birds that you should know, at least most of them.
Speaker 2: I mean, would you know what a sparrow looks like? If it's just exactly what I mean? I know what a robin looks like. I can tell you a sparrow from a mauwa. I mean, if it's some blue jays and cardinals, I'm gonna kill it.
Speaker 5: This thing, yeah about mockingbird, you're a mockingbird looking m you don't know birds, bro.
Speaker 2: Just the fun meme that mocks you about lou loun. I know what loon? Loon? Yes, it's Canadian like a goosey ducky thing sucking. Oh yeah, I think I'm gonna do that all right? Check it out. See.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can get the one Famished rod Ryan Show page, Goodboes dot com, True.
Speaker 6: Back, First.
Speaker 2: Show, and four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. I uh, well, you know, we were on our way to the y and then you know, directions got followed up and then one thing led to another and uh, well, uh I didn't get a chance to talk to Jacoby yesterday. Yeah, communication breakdown. That's my second led Zeppelin reference today.
Speaker 17: Like a full arrange, didn't.
Speaker 2: I was ready to go at eleven o'clock and then somehow things got lost in translation and we're gonna have to reschedule that interview. But Kobe wants to do it. He wants to talk about coming to town. I want to talk to Jacoby just because I love I love talking to him. He's such an easy guys to talk to. So, uh, nobody's fault. Well, I mean it was somebody's fault, but wasn't Jacoby's fault. Wasn't my fault. We're going to reschedule this, but we're gonna be out next week. We got spring break. We're out next week, so we'll come back and then maybe we might even end up doing it on Saint Patrick's They when we get back on the seventeenth. So at some point we'll get to Jacoby. We'll talk to him, and we're getting ready for that show. The Rise of the Roach Tour tickets are still available. You can get those at ticketmaster dot com. Okay, guys, nine thirty Fountains of Wayne was losing all morning long. At one point, Fuel was winning. I told you that the lead singer I think slept with a girl I was dating at the time I was dating.
Speaker 4: Her, and their numbers comedy.
Speaker 2: It dropped them into number two. It dropped him down to number three. Fuel. I'm over it. I'm oh, I'm okay forget. Yeah, I'm okay forget. I kind of forgot until I told that story. Fuel. Bittersweet, Last Place, A Little Bit kept you leaner in your pants, titled though all Right twenty one percent, Sponge plowed thirty five percent Fountains of Wayne, Stacy's Mom forty two percent of the vote. That's your winner today. Hit it Mom, It's so back Thursday, Whatever the hell that is. Here's your throwback Thursday winner on ninety four five The Bush.
Speaker 25: Scy's mom just got it coming on, Scy's mom just got going. Stacy's mom.
Speaker 3: Goll got going. Stacy, Can I come over after school? The bull after.
Speaker 2: We can hang around?
Speaker 3: Got cool? Gets your mom dad back from.
Speaker 2: Your business trip? Is she there or is she trying to get me?
Speaker 18: The slip.
Speaker 3: You know I'm not doing a bot that I used to be.
Speaker 26: Om Now, Bady, can you say saying mom got.
Speaker 3: She's all waiting to start, say cat your name, You're just not good for me.
Speaker 2: I know they might be wrong, but I'm in love to see things mom.
Speaker 25: His mom has got it going. One's mom has got it going.
Speaker 3: Stasty to you remember going im joel.
Speaker 2: Your mom, you know, which is a towel of the.
Speaker 3: Towel back until she likes me from the.
Speaker 26: Way she said, then the way she said and missed the spot over then and then.
Speaker 3: I know, I fancy think it's just a fancy says you tells you to.
Speaker 1: Stay, says mom.
Speaker 3: God, she's a wait at the sun, Stacy, can't you say you's not for me? I know it's guy Wayne in say just not money.
Speaker 25: Species Mom.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show ninety four five, The Buzz Money ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show twenty one pilots fountains of Wayne. What's the connection with the Sopranos, Ah, there is a store in The Sopranos that they named it after. Is it in the intro of the show? I don't remember.
Speaker 5: It's and Android now that Tony goes and likes looking at fountains and meets somebody and talk to him.
Speaker 2: That stuff at one point called Fountains of Wayne. Fountains of Wayne. All right, good morning, yeah, Stacy's mom. Yeah, kind of a one hit wonder. I'll allow that. I'll allow that for sure. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Great job today voting on Throwback Thursday. I really really appreciate the interaction and getting involved with us, checking out links and guests. Heck, I'm going back and checking out yesterday's linksin guests. I've got that that Live Eagle camera pulled up and Mama Eagle is now in the snow. I was shocked when I looked at that. Today it's doing okay, there's stuff on the Looking at Girls blog page. It is just absolutely packed today. You got your you know, if you ever wondered what Kim Kardashian would look like as a giant blow up doll, I got that.
Speaker 4: I've always you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I got that. Emily Ragic house Ski, Yeah, I got her. They got Gwen Stefani, I got Lily Collins. Jennifer Hudson got hit in the face while she was sitting in courtside at a Knicks game.
Speaker 4: I got it all those courtside.
Speaker 2: No update on the Faster Pussycat story you did yesterday.
Speaker 4: They were on the friend that jumped over or went overboard.
Speaker 2: Maybe Yeah, Faster Pussycat is this band that was playing on this eighties cruise. They did the set, but the lead singer didn't do it. They had they had somebody. The band still did the set. They needed the money. Uh Tamy down did not did not sing. The fiance went overboard and drowned on that cruise. So they're still looking into that. There really is no update on that. On the Looking at Girls blog page, CNN did a big profile on a college basketball player who was born with one arm. Seen her I did. Plays at Leslie University in Massachusetts. She got cut from her high school team her senior year and that motivated her even more. Now she plays college basketball and she became the first female player with one arm to make a basket in a Division three game.
Speaker 4: Pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you just go to that.
Speaker 2: Oh who? And then Connie Britton's birthday. We both Tammy Taylor baby. We both agree Connie Britton the hottest fifty eight year old on the planet, maybe the hottest mom in any show ever. Yeah, it's her birthday today, so we're celebrating her. So there's a lot on that. Looking at Girls blog page today, I'm encouraging you to go and check it out. Know the show. Another concert that's going on that was announced on Monday, going on sale tomorrow. It's Bring Me the Horizon, Motionless in White, The Plot In You, some other bands. If you want bring Me the Horizon tickets before they go on sale, you're going to have to answer Alex's question on the flip of this break. Yeah. Know the show is coming up, So stay with.
Speaker 17: Us Houston's rock and altar.
Speaker 7: It is the Rock This Morning Show six to ten am ninety four, five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. All right, let's do this. Come on La la la la la la la la la la la la la. As we're wrapping up this throwback Thursday. I've got tickets to Bring Me the Horizon before they go on sale tomorrow ten am. Toyota Center dot com for these tickets. That's right, because that shows at the Toyota Center. The USA Ascension Program Part one Tour what's your question going to be?
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna go all the way back to last hour.
Speaker 5: How many regulation words were correctly guessed today?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna read my lipscame tricky, very tricky.
Speaker 4: Really got to be paying attention.
Speaker 2: Seven one, three, two, one two, five, nine four five. If you were listening, rock a ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Green Day, Good riddance, time of your life. Ending the show on a couple skate. We'll rock it up a little bit. We'll rock it up a little bit before we get out of here. Guys, thank you so much for spending some time with us today. I appreciate you starting your day out with us. I hope it was a good start to your day. Sunny skies, high over around seventy. That's awesome. If you got a chance, if you can get outside, do so. Give me a nice one today. Now time for know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 15: Five The Buzz, La La la la, la, la la la la.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning. Hello? Who's this Amy?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Amy? How are you? I'm good? How are you? I'm good? I'm good? Thank you. I think Alex is trying to trip you up. A little bit here on this. I'm surprised. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, well I'm feeling good, Alex. What's your question?
Speaker 5: I mean, how many regulation words were guessed correctly today in the read my lips game.
Speaker 17: I don't believe that OT counts regulations, so I'm gonna say zero.
Speaker 5: Zero is the correct answer. Oh, it is a double overtime game. Historic game.
Speaker 2: You're trying to be tricky. I was trying to be tricky. Both both participants went oh for three in.
Speaker 14: The amazingly long but entertaining games.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm getting reactions to the game. It was all over the place. So many people are like, dude, you should have cut out. Like what am I gonna do? Just stop in the middle. You gotta get a winner.
Speaker 7: You had to let it.
Speaker 11: You had to let it play out.
Speaker 2: I did, and I did let it play out. Hey, uh, bring me the Horizon. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at ten am. I'm going to give you a pair right now. Congratulations, fantastic.
Speaker 17: My son will love me today.
Speaker 2: Yeah he will, he will for sure, all right, Amy, Congratulations, thanks for being on the show today. You sound great. Thank you so much. Thank you. Keeps Bring me the horizon. I think these tickets are gonna go fast. Oh yeah, they're definitely what tickets sell. Quicker Offspring are this offspring Offspring because of the support. I think Offspring alone by myselves bring me the horizon is huge enough.
Speaker 4: Huge Offspring is like huge, all right.
Speaker 2: Danny took out Smoke Show. Danny Boy took out Smoke Show Carla. Smoke Show Carla is a one slam clam one slam clam. Geez. Michael was Kelton was the guy that went just around and around and around with chili for an hour today on Reading my Lips. Ultimately he did win the Offspring tickets.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: In double overtime. There's been a lot of first this year. In this early first quarter of twenty twenty five, we've we're going to double overtime before Wow. Thank you to all the Throwback Thursday voters. Thank you to everybody that submitted words for reading my Lips or maybe not with the words man or the player's band.
Speaker 4: I will plead the fifth on that.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's free beer Friday. Are you gonna throw some stuff for Onion Creek?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think there's gonna be free beer winner. It gets a one hundred dollars gift card.
Speaker 4: I think come hang out with me on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good, and then we'll do open Phones Friday. Tomorrow, we'll do the whole thing.
Speaker 25: Man.
Speaker 2: A new episode of Pasty Gravy also up.
Speaker 4: Go check that out.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it. Number one was fixed the Grand Thursday Links and guests. I'll tell you what I enjoyed today was that mom winning those Deftones tickets and telling us the story that she had them, she gave them to her kid. Then the show sold out, parents are out of luck, and then she won them.
Speaker 4: That's pretty great.
Speaker 2: I love that moment today on the show. I'm gonna love Jeremy coming up. Jeremy's awesome dude. He's got the NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. We're on a twenty hour break. Everybody a m F. Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.