Speaker 1: We live in a post. There were several names for it, but post Liberation Tariff Liberation Day, which was yesterday at around four o'clockish. Trump out there with his big list o tariffs. Although there is some interesting little nuggets, like the Senate actually took a vote on the Canadian tariffs yesterday, so it's not going to go anywhere. But I'm actually surprised because the Senate voted not to tariff Canada and he had and four Republicans voted for that. Now the House, I'm sure it's going nowhere in the House, and it sure if it landed on Trump's desk, it's absolutely not getting signed. But I didn't really understand that because I thought can earlier in the day, was right after the show yesterday said hey, if you if you have well get involved all excuse me, all of our tariffs. I can talk this morning and you do the same. So is that what we're going to do? Because I feel like I'd be cool with that. I think most people would, so I don't understand why the Senate did that, but Rand Paul was one of the votes too. Actually, I don't know. Yesterday it was just so strange with all of that. But yeah, so, uh, Donald Trump four o'clock yesterday out there with his charts explaining it to everybody. Let's listen in.
Speaker 2: So if you look at that China first row, China, sixty seven percent, that's tariffs charged to the USA, including currency manipulation and trade barriers. So sixty seven percent. I think you can, for the most part see it. Those with good eyes with bad eyes. We didn't want to bring it's very windy out here.
Speaker 1: We didn't want to bring.
Speaker 2: Out the big charts because it had no chance of standing. Fortunately, we came armed with a little smaller chart.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, and people go, oh, he rambles like Biden does. Now he knows what he's saying. Even if it's weird. You realize that, right, okay, Like what was what was the thing the other day is like I'm the fertilization president. Like got a big laugh. It's it's gonna be fine. But look, China, China is the big one. Obviously, sixty seven percent. We will China do kudos on pointing out some of the other crap that they pull. I don't know the answer is going to be today is going to be very interesting because you know, like the rest of the world's up and doing business already. I mean, clearly we are, but but you know what I mean, So they're going to have to figure out what are they going to do if you're the EU, or if you are even a conglomerate trade alliance with China, Japan and Korea, as some are speculating, which I don't know how that worked because they all kind of hate each other. How do you how do you not just come because because the trade imbalance all goes in our direction, you need us more than we need you, And especially those Asian countries, not just China with all their cheap stuff, but Japan and Korea. Their biggest companies in those countries do immense business in the US. Right Automobiles, which is a twenty five now manufactur whre it's manufactured will matter, and there have been investments. Obviously, Toyota and Honda and others have plants in the US. So I don't know what that looks like. But you know, everyone's like, oh, this is you know, this could be the worst day on the stock marking forever. I saw. I saw some really crazy like the end is Ni Sandwich Board, New York jump Out of, you know, because the stock market crashed Black Monday kind of tweets yesterday and then I saw futures up, So I don't know what the hell is going on. I guess we'll find out together. We'll talk to Jeff later. Maybe he can prepare us for it. But you know, ultimately today, yesterday was the big day, it was the D Day, but today's really the big day. How will they react? What will they decide to do? And the answer is I have to assume most of them will just eighty six their tariffs or match them. I guess I don't know, but Trump was burned through that whole list yesterday. Man, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: European Union they're very tough, very very tough traders, you know, you think of European Union, very friendly. They rip us off. It's so sad to see. It's so pathetic. Thirty nine percent. We're going to charge them twenty percent. So we charge you can potentially have Vietnam. Great negotiators, great people, they like me.
Speaker 3: I like them.
Speaker 2: The problem is they charge us ninety percent. We're gonna charge them forty six percent tariff.
Speaker 1: That is true. I saw a documentary once where this this woman this Vitamese woman was negotiating with like ten men at the same time and holding her own man, so and and she did promise to love them a long time. So had that going for you. I didn't feeling needed to up the full metal jacket clip, but you all remember. So, yeah, there's a lot on there. And I was looking over the charts there, and yeah, the irony is for a lot of them, it's not even that they have really high tariffs. It's just that, you know, it's like, I mean, ten percent, still high, But ultimately it's kind of baked into the cake of a lot of these products. So if you're a country like Vietnam where they do a lot of manufacturing, Vietnam's interesting too because China manufactures their cheap crap in Vietnam for their market. So I don't understand that whole dynamic. But ultimately, if you're Vietnam, you're one of these countries, you don't really have a choice. You don't have a choice. We have to be Vietnam's largest export if maybe it's China, but if if it's not, it's US, and if it is, then we're two. Like this isn't even a question So I'm not going to delve too much into what Trump laid out yesterday because again, the big stories are going to be the reactions today, which I expect because the world is hours ahead of us, so to speak. We might start getting before the stock market opens because they're going to want to position ahead of this thing, especially for companies that trade and have an entity in the US, even though they're foreign or owned, that trade on the stock market, like, they need to get this out before trading starts today because if not, their stock's going to get hammered. If you're a South Korean company but you have a US based entity that is publicly traded, you can't just let the stock market do its thing if you just got a twenty five percent tariff put on your vehicles. So I expect this is going to be very busy, very early in the day. All right, coming up on the show, Stephen Kent will join us. He is not traveling the world, so we did confirm and we got lots to get into with him. That'll be at eight oh five. And they're carjacking the Amish now, so that's the thing. Okay, all right, let me do this. We'll hit a break come right Back, CaCO Day radio program talking with one of the people from Parks and rec on a podcast, and then somebody wrote a story based on their discussion because obviously a lot of people were very interested and it was like only six percent of filming now for major network television or movies is even being done in La or California for that matter. And actually a lot of the production Come He's are headquartered now in Nevada. But California has figured out a way to essentially kill the film industry too, which is amazing, just amazing. Now, I don't like the tax credit game that the movie companies play, right, I never liked it. I know that we got into the big thing in North Carolina where Republicans are like, no, we're not doing this, and then a lot of the companies say, well, we're going to go to Georgia. We're going to go you know, they film over in Eastern Europe a lot of it because they get huge tax benefits in Canada. That always irritated me too. Whenever they're doing like a more modern Western or you know, anything that requires the big mountains of the Rocky Mountains or you know, like Jackson or any of that, they film it primarily in Canada because Canada gives them big tax credits. But California has just made it so arduous that you know, there was still filming there and now people are like, yeah, we're not doing this. Yeah. It was Rob Low who was talking about because I guess they had another show they were going to do and they were like, well, we get you're gonna have to move to I can't remember where it was. And he's like, yeah, no, I'm not going to do it. But like all those people, you know, all those people, the behind the scenes folks, not the famous people, don't. I don't know how they're making a rent if they're not doing productions there. And that's crazy because like in the late nineties, when I went down to Santa Barbara to go to school, obviously I would take trips down to La a couple hours drive. You want to go see it. You know you're from Wyoming, let's go, let's go see the stars and all of that. And whenever i'd go down there, I don't there was always some like film production. I would try buy they got a road closed, or this block is closed, and that was just kind of the atmosphere there, and it's one of the things that maybe made La bearable at the time. I don't know, but yeah, they've cooked their whole movie industry there and now they're pushing the companies to Nevada, right, and Gavin Newsom's out here doing the right washing. So just you know, keep a keep an eye California. When Gavin Newsom's running for president, which I think is a pretty safe bet. Dude, it's going to be a zoom man on the Democrat side. There's going to be like, I don't know how many candidates, but it's gonna be a crazy number, crazy number of crazies. It's like we talked about yesterday with Corey Booker. Why would he do that thing? Wasn't a piece of legislation. Now he's just trying to build up his profile so he can go have his Spartacus moment again. That's an absolute loon man. All right. Let me get to this. Do what an absolute garbage headline yesterday? So I'm sure you saw different versions of this. Now this is New York Post is a little more gathered. Daily Mail lost their mind on this. They thought they had themselves a pretty big scoop let me ask you, what is your understanding of Elon's federal government special employee tenure? What do you understand it to be? Do you understand it to be open ended? And he's just there for the No, you don't, right, because they literally held a press conference to point out he's a special government employee, he has maximum I think it's one hundred and thirty days. We're at one hundred now. And then he goes back to doing his thing. I'm sure they'll talk on the phone and all that, but there was, for some reason, there was this need on the part of quote unquote journalists to make it sound like it was something else entirely. All right, here we go. I want to make sure I had the right headline here, all right, here we go. This is Elon must dramatically steps down from doze and shock move after Trump expressed private doubts. Okay, first off, I don't believe the second half of that. Have you seen any indicator that Trump and Elon don't get along. I think Donald Trump basically is getting ready to adopt his kid that I see so many you're you see the videos of Elon's kid walking around his little tiny suit man full of energy just busting around Donald Trump, who clearly likes kids. It's very wholesome.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's really going to irritate a lot of moonbats is when Elon's kid. And look, there's a lot to criticize, the whole Ashley Saint Clair and the all the baby mot I got it. But like his kid, his kid looks like if his kid grows up to be like well adjusted, which isn't easy when your dad's the richest person in the world, let's be honest. But like I have hoped that he might, that'd be pretty good. And you know what, Donald Trump seems to have raised kids that are don't get me wrong. Yeah, of the older sons they like to party back in the day, but for the most part they're not the train wrecks of Hollywood kids. So it can be done. But like, why are you what? What is this?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's quote express private doubts to who oh your anonymous source, as per usual, And again Daily Mail, I understand you're British and you guys are very involved with rounding up ninja swords or whatever you're doing right now.
Speaker 1: His employment literally had a stated timeline on it. It had a stated timeline to the point where we discussed on this show, if that was the thing that he should do, right, just do that? Can he be long? Can he be in there longer? Because clearly there's a lot to do. The main the guest bathroom shower. I don't know if I'd ever showered in there, be quite honest with you, but I used it this morning. And it was because my cleaning lady comes today and I put like the foam stuff that you're gonna let sit for a while in the main shower so that when she, because she comes early in the morning, basically is going to do like a deep clean in there. So I did that, and I'm all right. So I showered the other thing this morning, and I turn the shower on. Everything's fine. I like a little steam shower in the morning. That one's not a steam shower, but I can get it pretty steamy. So I kind of have it on there, trying to steam it up and there before I get in and I look over and like, my seat, there's a leak by the sink. What's up with that? And I know it's all on the same line because actually the kitchen sink, it's adjacent to the kitchen. So the kitchen sink goes through there because and I figured that out because I've washed dishes and put soap. You know, you get the bubbles down there, and then went into the guest bathroom and you know, like wash hands or something, and you can see a little of the bubbles. So I got all of that. The thing I'm worried about is me sitting there going you know what, I should not call a plumber. I should open the wall myself. That's what I'm telling myself this morning. And I know that's a bad idea. I know that's not smart, but it's you know, it's like this innate dude thing where you're just like, I'll be so mad if I got to like replace one little plamp or something and I brought some dude out here. I got to And don't get me wrong, God bless you guys, you plumbers and tradesmen out there, but you know how it is. And frankly, you probably like my line of thinking because I'll probably screw something up and I'll have to pay a guy more don't know, don't know, never had that happen, though, I don't know what's going on. Ross Are you call somebody, or do you at least try to go make it worse before you.
Speaker 3: I like plumbing, Okay, plumbing makes sense to me, like yeah, like if something electrical breaks the breaker box or something, obviously I can fix the fuse and that kind of thing. Like I'm more hesitant to fix an electrical process, right because death. Yeah, and I can't really see it. But plumbing to me makes more sense, Like I'll fix plumbing issues on my own if they pop up.
Speaker 1: I just assume if I cry those tiles off, which I'm sure is not going to be the extent of it. It's just the connection for the you know, the curve pipe that's under the sink. You know, it's got one of those the U pipes or whatever, and then it goes into the wall. It's clearly coming from right, well, it's coming out of that where it goes into the wall. So like I shouldn't need somebody for that, right, just go ahead and knock that out.
Speaker 3: So you're not saying, like the sink vanity isn't flooding, it's it's underneath the sink or so.
Speaker 1: It's that yeah, and it's it's just a standalone sink. It's a much smaller bathroom. It doesn't even it's just a standalone sink, and then it has the you can see the U pipe. There's not a cabinet or anything. It literally is on the pedestal, just sitting there, and then it has that U pipe right and then it goes into the wall, and the water was coming out right where it goes into the wall. I did not use the sink though, just to be clear, Uh, I mean eventually because I start screwing with it. But uh, this is just from having the shower on. I'm trying to think. The last person I had in uh, staying that guest room was like eight months ago, and he didn't say anything. So I don't know. But it's like my demons are well, I could fix this, and I just realized I'm probably gonna make some dude's day who does plumbing because I'm gonna screw it up. I don't know what's going on back there, and frankly, I I you know, I don't know. I just I know the routing of the water just from the uh you know, the soapy bubbles from the kitchen sink clearly passes through there. But I don't know what's going on behind it. And then the nightmare fuel is is it leaking back there but it only presents when the shower's on in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be like a constant leak. But you're seeing more of it because now the pressure it's going through, because I mean there's always water in those pipes. It's not like those pipes are empty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I'm gonna, yeah, I'm gonna, like I said, I already screw it up and then call somebody.
Speaker 3: So that's the fear of like that. So obviously you have a leak that's coming, like you know you don't want, or something you like in the wall, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, all the water damage crossed the mine this morning.
Speaker 3: So I'm always in the lookout for that sort of stuff, Like always, I'm always looking at the walls behind the sinks, and I'm like super paranoid about that kind of stuff because we're getting old, man, I'm telling you, that's why. And it was a meme I read somewhere. But it's like, you know, owning a house is hearing a noise and then hoping it's a ghost because you don't want to have to pay another x amount of dollars to fix whatever's broke. Now you're like, please let it be a poltergeist one.
Speaker 1: I've done endorsements for a foundation repair company for years, years, years, years, and whenever I talk to these dudes, they're just like everyone everyone who has a foundation issue knows they haven't, and like you would be amazed how long they will pretend they don't. And it's like, you know, it's like, oh, it's holding your house up, and You're like, maybe it's a ghost. I don't know, maybe that's why the doors and windows don't work the way they used to. And I'm I'm a hundred percent on that train, man, But now I'm like freaking out, Like I'm sitting here right now. I'm like, it's probably like hundreds of gallons of why my water bill is not crazy, So like I don't think there's a big leak or anything, but uh, just nightmare scenarios. It's just gonna be rats and cockroaches and one of those wuhan bats with COVID and and I'll break it and then somebody's somebody's gonna get rich. What is this? People are? I got people telling me call the plumber, call the well. No, if I screw it up first, then call the plumber. The plumber will he'll make more money. I'm stimulating the economy through my own refusal to accept that I probably shouldn't open my own wall here. And I'm not not handy. I know how to fix stuff I do in high school, I could take you know, because remember when engines were you could work on them as a normal person. Like I can take a full sized fifty apart and put it right back together, no problem. I'll get the firing order right, the timing bell to get it like, I can do that. Not now now, if I open a car hood, I'm like, nope, I'm touching that.
Speaker 3: If it involves like having to cut open the wall, I'll probably call someone just because I know how I am, and I'll cut my arm off or something because I'm an absolute idiot.
Speaker 1: Well we have so I have big tiles in that bathroom, and you can actually you can add they're not grouded in if they snap in, so I can pull that off. But I can't remember if there's another thing behind there.
Speaker 3: So we had an issue with our shower where it was the pressure gauge inside the shower where the faucets hook up too. That makes the water come through. And when we put a whole new thing in, we had to replace it. And to get to that part you had to dry, You had to drill through the back, you had to cut a hole in the back wall of the room adjacent to it. You couldn't do it through the front. And Marky was super depressed, like, Oh, we're gonna have this panel on our wall that goes to the put you know that you jump in it and see it. And I was super excited. I'm like, this is the greatest thing ever because now something breaks that can just open his panel and fix it.
Speaker 1: Dude's access panel in my main bathroom off, It's amazing.
Speaker 3: She's like, what are you gonna do with I'm like, just put something in front of it, put a dresser in front of it, put a picture over it. Nobody's gonna know. But I was excited because I'm thinking like way down the road and I'm like, eventually something is gonna break and when it does, we can easily fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you seen that? You ever see that video? I've seen it on Twitter every now and then. It's like some old dude and his son right, and they're trying to like make a bedwork and his son's like, man if I just had a two by four like this on top, And the guy goes running down to his basement because he had this thing for ten years.
Speaker 3: The junk pile I've had, this perfect piece of would have been just hold onto. Yeah, it's like the box of cables. But the difference is you never used the box of cables. You can throw it out.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 3: No, I have a box of cables. And it's like I have know.
Speaker 1: Many boxes and cables, so many I don't even know what they go for. But one day, one day, you know what, though I would say once.
Speaker 3: A year, you would say you'd one day. But the funny stuff, like a lot of that stuff you're never gonna like do you have a big box TV with the yellow, the red and the white that you used?
Speaker 1: You're never gonna do so many of those. It's things I have things that I had Saul make custom our former engineer, Sault.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure it's fantastic, all of it.
Speaker 1: It is great, dude. They used like mcgver and it was like single use for a very specific like so I am simultaneously terrified of what's going on behind the wall in my guest bathroom and really excited I may get to use my used my saws all later. Is that weird? I'm like, I haven't used the saws all in a minute.
Speaker 3: So this just after in a place like a joint air and l you know, like a yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't know, and the ba the bathrooms were renovated like right before I moved in, so I uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Or Oreo'll crack open the wall and it'll be completely rotten and you're gonna be screwed.
Speaker 1: So or or the balloons right right? I found gold yeah, man, and I won't be the dumb guy who tells everybody either. That's where you guys all screw up. Remember those idiots outside of San Francisco they found like the uh, I don't know, the doaballoons is the right word. But they found like old currency from like the gold Rush, right on their on their own property. And what do they do. They ran into the media and what the state of California do. They're like, we think that might be ours now. I think they ended up getting to keep it, But like this is why you don't tell anyone. So if I find the balloons today, I'm not gonna tell you. But there may be signs, right, a couple of new Bugattis or you know whatever, just to but I won't say anything. So I don't know. Today could be a very expensive day. That's the point that I'm making, all right, everyone's telling me to just call Why do you have no confidence?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 3: And I have a complete confidence. What you want to do is you want to get the finest, nicest, biggest sledgehammer you can find and just crack into the wall.
Speaker 1: No, that's why I have the saws on. No, you have a Oh they're amazing.
Speaker 3: I do, yeah, but I'll never use it because I don't want to. I will cut my arms off.
Speaker 1: I will either kid from Christmas story. What's going on here? Man? I I like I you know what? Now? You guys are radicalizing me. All of you emailing me telling me to call plumber. You don't have confidence. I'm gonna handle that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe these people are telling you what to do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cut. I'm gonna cut my wall up, and you can't stop me. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get in there because I don't know what I'm dealing with, but that's gonna happen. That's the day. And then you know, I'll probably make some guys vacation fund to the plumbing industry. Oh we'll figure it out, all right, six forty six. Sorry I had to vent. But now I'm I'm like, none of you have confidence. I don't appreciate it. I do. I do rosta. You want to see the world burn on most things, so I feel like you want to see me fail a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, man, you can do.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, all right? You want me to video it while I do it, so you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people would love to see the instructional video that you can provide on YouTube. Like years later, somebody will have the same exact issue and they'll go to YouTube face.
Speaker 1: On the face by a pipe or something. It's event on video.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. Like whatever problem you think you have, you're like, this is probably the first time that's ever happened, and you go on to Reddit or YouTube and there's to be like a billion people with the same exact, specific weird issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, YouTube fix it? Uh not gonna I am a constant user. It's good stuff, although I did see, uh there are there is an account that does horrible but it's not clearly parody. So if you're not paying attention, they're trying to get you to destroy stuff. And I'm like, that's the most evil YouTube channel I've ever seen. Like they tell you like, ah, you know, like some of it's around electric too. I'm like, how are you not going to get sued? What the hell's going on? All right, So plumbing disaster in my future, but a quick commercial break in yours. Hang on although ross things. He's figured it out already, so I send him. I'm not going to tweet a picture how you guys don't see him my plumbing, but i'd have a picture of it for when I call inevitably have to call the plumber, but maybe I don't. So the two above things. That is the water in one? Yeah, so you have one is hot because it's on a separate inline water heater. There were the white one had a flashing around it. I pulled it off when it was leaking and I can see some like staining, so clearly water's been a problem there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you sent me a picture of it. I love how we're talking about plumbing on the air.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, it might help somebody.
Speaker 3: The picture you showed me where that's that you're showed me where that the leak is. That's the water out So that your issue is you have probably a clog in your in your drain line because the water is going through your wall, through the end to your shower, then down. And the reason you're only seeing the issue when you're taking a shower is because all the water is getting flushed out and you probably have a clog and that's coming out through that line because it has.
Speaker 1: To go through that line of the sink. Drain's fine, I mean I don't use the shower in there, but that the sink and then the bathroom get used in there quite a bit because it's right adjacent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if you have an issue with the drain, I mean that's your water outline. So yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. That's all on the same line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I understand. Oh, it is going to be an adventure. Oh what is this? Should you open the wall? Oh? As soon as I said I was going to open a wall with a saws all. Now you guys are all like, yeah, do it?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 1: Do it right? Okay, I see what's up? I mean I'm going to and I shouldn't get I'm going to.
Speaker 3: A train auger.
Speaker 1: Oh, I have an ice fishing augur. I don't believe it or not since in the since in the attic, don't get a lot of use for that, A lot more use back in Minnesota. But hey, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I have a collection of augers. I like plumbing, I really do. Both my grandfathers are plumbers.
Speaker 1: Really yep, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna break stuff and then hopefully I because it's got You're probably right. I just don't understand why the shower kicks it off. So I'm sorry. We're boring people, or maybe not, we're boring half the people other people are.
Speaker 3: You know what it is you have the other like professionals because you know in like the service, you know in these industries. So you have you have plumbers listening right now, just making fun of both of us for being complete more.
Speaker 1: And you know what they're doing. They're also shopping for a new car because one of them, one of them is gonna get paid.
Speaker 3: Did you know I've learned throughout the years. So you know, like everybody, like in the military branches, tends to make fun of the air Force, like.
Speaker 1: Chair force jokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've learned that construction workers and like HVAC guys tend to make fun of the plumbers because they think it's the simplest.
Speaker 1: Of really yeah, at least you starting fights.
Speaker 3: I've heard that before. Like I've heard like people making they're like, oh, you're a plumber, It's that's it fair.
Speaker 1: The military, they kind of all make fun of each other. So I wonder if tradesmen, Now.
Speaker 3: Just to be clear, I appreciate them all, Like I love these jobs where like you actually are doing something and you actually have a real skills.
Speaker 1: Do you see the South Would you see the South Park movie where all the trades people are like the richest people.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, it's true now because this these are jobs that AI cannot do. Yeah, I mean these are secure jobs.
Speaker 1: The COVID, the COVID special movie they did and like the you know, you know the dude who runs the handyman who's driving around in a bent lea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people are always going to need you man in your services and your skill set.
Speaker 1: Hey. Absolutely, it's about fifty to fifty cut into your own wall, do your own plumbing, or call somebody. But also I think a lot of people wanted me to destruct my guest bathroom. I just want to see the world burn. So I don't know if I trust you. But Ross and I Todd, we think we have this on lockdown. So I'm gonna try one thing and then I'll call somebody if it's a problem, which I hope it's not all right, so we'll put that to bed. How did we get here? And by here I mean this armed robbery?
Speaker 8: A vehicle stopped an Amish buggy pulled in front of him, pulled him over, and by gunpoint he robbed an Amish man took his wallet.
Speaker 9: The sound of hooks hitting the road and the sights of Amish buggies are common in New Wilmington. Holgelman says what they believe to be the same vehicle. A small black car also tried stopping another bug but that buggy got away.
Speaker 1: What I have so many questions, who were just like a third of the way through this, you had a buggy that outrun a car. I'm so confused. I mean, those are amazing horses, let me say that, But like, how did a buggy get away from a car. I'm not encouraging people to carjack buggies, obviously, I just don't know how you lose to a buggy if you have a car. Anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: Let's police describe the suspect as a white male with dark clothes and a medical mask.
Speaker 10: Holgeman believes the buggies were targeted.
Speaker 8: Hey, there's no one else gonna be John.
Speaker 1: What they believe they're targeted. They obviously were targeted. You don't just you can't tell me that he was just like the next vehicle of any type that goes through here. I'm gonna go rob No, he saw a buggy and he's like, I bet I can't. I bet he can't outrun me. Probably not armed. Are do Amish roll around with a bunch of money. I mean, I know they sell goods and you know in uh in a lot of markets and stuff. You go to Pennsylvania, get Amish built and by the way, there's a bunch of Amish out building houses in like five minutes for western North Carolina. How did this happen?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: Why was this your strategy as as a robber service, I.
Speaker 8: Mean an homage buggy but an Amish person, So I think they were targeting beyond it amased.
Speaker 1: And why did you have to I'm sorry, I know I'm stopping this a lot, but this whole thing was confusing. What do you mean when they found an Amish buggy with an Amish person? Is that a crapshoot? Is that like one in three buggies or Amish buggies actually have an Amish person? And I don't know why, like, why would you even say that?
Speaker 9: That's Some within the Amish community are concerned the women more than the men. She also asked permission to do.
Speaker 8: This interview, and they fought it was a good thing for me to make the public aware that we are being vigilant.
Speaker 9: To help her Amish friends, Hogeman started a social media campaign with the slogan I Stand with our Amish community. She says, it's gone viral.
Speaker 8: I wanted them to the Homish community to know that we do support them and we are going to be out there. And I think primarily people in the United States know the Amish are such a peace loving, kind group of people, and they definitely want to support and help help the Amish.
Speaker 1: And Ann ross On do you know this some of the Amish very good bowlers.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if you were aware. What was I trying to remember? Randy Quaid's character's name was I'm referencing obviously Kingpin. Oh what was his character? It was Randy Quaid was the Amish dude. And then of course you know Woody Harrelson is the dude siphoning off of him. And oh but Bill Murray is what Ernie McCracken in that movie. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic. So yeah, so people are carjacking Amish folks. See what you do is when they get out of the car to rob you in those few short moments, you get all your Amish buddies to raise a barn over their car, which I've seen you guys do in like ten minutes. So well, I'm saying, so, you know, fight back any way you can. But I just want to know how much money they're getting. And I want to know how an Amish buggy outran a dude with a motor because you need to like take those horses to Churchill Downs or something, man, because they're doing the work. All right, let me get into the wait hold on, oh, look at this now. This is now people are telling me, if I get in there and it's this one thing, I'm gonna need this special tool that I don't have. See that does not instill confidence. I'm still gonna open the wall. It's gonna happen. But if know, if it requires some you know, buy once tool, I've got way too many buy once tools sitting in in like a box somewhere. Not gonna do it now. If it's what we think it is, it's it's gonna be very basic. So but it's never what you think it is. At least that's stopped in my pattern there. Uh, all right, seven twelve CaCO Day radio program. I saw this thing yesterday. I'm not a true crime podcast or documentary dude. I maybe you guys are. I know that they're all the rage although it's uh, I've seen the demographic breakdowns. Mostly women who like these, which is weird because like half of them are about women getting like raped and murdered. So, I mean, obviously you're can have some interest there, but why would you want to just saturate your brain with that? That being said, they all kind of have the same style with the promos, you know, the trailers for these things, and this is really funny. So some dude did a trailer in that style. I know Kingpin's the movie. I said it on the air. I just don't remember Ishmael. All right, thank you, somebody did email. I didn't remember Randy Quaid's character. That's a grab and watch that in a while. Ross have you seen Kingpen recently? Do you think that holds up? I wonder if it holds up. I hope it does.
Speaker 3: The Bowling movie, yeah, I know it still holds up. Oh good, Yeah, no, that movie is still fantastic. Bill Murder, don't have a cow, We have a bowl. I can't describe anything else from that scene, but if you know, you know. So that's what I know about the Amish. Some buggies can outpace cars. People are robbing them, and some of them are really good bowlers.
Speaker 1: So there's that. Uh So, going back to this, I'm not into the true crime things, but I've seen all the you know, all the trailers, the promos, whatever. If you're on Netflix, they got a gazillion of these, and somebody in that style dressed up as an oopa lumpa, and I got to tell you, this is gold Man listen to.
Speaker 6: They watched five children enter the factory that day, and only one left with his original bone structure. Umpa lumpa Dumptydo I've got another possible through you. When this case first went public, I received the season desist from mister Wonka in the form of a singing telegram, and I took that as a threat.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that. I really wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Mister Wonka has referred to his employees as replaceable. I would like to see mister Wanka attempt to reverse a marshmallow explosion.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had to row up boat.
Speaker 6: Down a chocolate river while a Victorian child's greens in German? Anyone learning, you'll learn monster reckless. In Dangerman, child mutilation class A FDA violation. Not once was the emergency service is called. Not once, not even when that girl was getting ripped to shreds by a squirrel. Hell, please, we're that's obstruction of justice. That substruction of justice with gotta stoppers.
Speaker 1: It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal.
Speaker 6: The only union that mister Wanka supports is the union between capitalism and child. In Dangerman, the chocolate river will run red with blood.
Speaker 3: The suspense is terrible.
Speaker 1: I hope it a lot, and it's interesting, it's funny. You should watch it. We got it on the Twitter if you want to watch it. But you get the gist of it, and it is interesting, like retroactively thinking about movies and TVs, TV shows, like how how would you really like? The best example, and we've mentioned it on the show is like Punky Brewster. The premise is sixty something year old dude finds a little girl and it's like you live with me. Now, explain how that gets made today or at least accepted today. Yet Punky Brewster was amazing. I didn't miss an episode, even when Cherry almost died because so I got into fridge. I'm dumb, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So with the Wonka stuff, the Ross label, that Willy Wonka hit.
Speaker 3: Piece, we've been so into the original nineteen seventy one Jean Wilder movie lately.
Speaker 1: Lincoln's been right, You're you're an original, not a remake guy.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan of Johnny Depp.
Speaker 10: I like him.
Speaker 3: I think he's a cool dude. But I didn't like the remake because I love the nineteen seventy one version. So much. Yeah, and it's Lincoln's really into it now. He watched it when he was younger and he really couldn't comprehend it, but now he's sort of learning the let Like we're telling him, you know, these kids are misbehaving, they're being brats, they're not listening to Willy Wonka, and then they're seeing the consequences and repercussions of their action as horrific as they could be. But they're okay at the end, right, or at least he says they are. And he's really, really, really into it. We took a walk yesterday. We've been trying to get more exercise with that, walking around Joiner Park, and the entire time he's playing out will he walk in the chocolate factory like the different kids and the different things, and he's dancing like the ompA lumpas. So I've been putting in extra time thinking about this movie because we've watched it in repeat all over and over and over again. And when I was watching it, at the end the Walkavader goes up out of the factory and you look down at the town and I'm looking at him, like, where is this supposed to take place? Because I had assumed it was in the United States because Charlie is American, Grandpa Joe's American, his mom is American. I think, yeah, But exactly, the one teacher is super British. There's kids in the classroom that are British. The guy that sings you know, the candy Man can he is British. There's lots of British. So what is going on here? Slughorn is like a slug Worth is like or something.
Speaker 1: Now he's like East Berlin.
Speaker 3: So I looked into it because the wacavader goes down. I said to Mark, he said, this is that's like Germany. That looks like Bavaria or something. That doesn't what town is this supposed to be? So I looked it up. The book takes place in England, where the author is from the movie with Johnny Depp takes place in England. However, the movie is supposed to take place in quote a generic American town, so it's never specifically named real However, it was filmed in Munich because it was cheaper to film then in the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea. And if you go to London, by the way, they have like a Willy Wonka fake facade, like I don't know if it's it's just a tourist trap. I never went here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the wacavators up there. The Wacavader's up and it's looking down this town and it looks like your traditional Bavarian you know, it's Munich and like where where is it? Yeah? Like it's like these like orange and like red roofs and they don't look like you know, it's not like you're in Philly or Philadelphia or Springfield, Ohio or something. It's like where is this? And that's why. So they filmed it there. But it's supposed to take place in the United States.
Speaker 1: Alright, all right.
Speaker 3: I've thought about this way too much.
Speaker 1: I was actually more you told me something off the air. I didn't really. So there's a Tom and Jerry will he want.
Speaker 3: There's an animated version which we've also been watching, and it's or Somebody's a It is super well done and it's it's it's like it's a few years old. But the animation is great, the color palette is great. It's got Tom and Jerry in it, and it's the Willy Walker movie word for word. It's the movie, but animated and they throw Tom and Jerry in and add some extra scenes. But it's fantastic, it's so it's so well done.
Speaker 1: But but like you understand why, Like he's not wrong if you ran. If PEPSI ran a contest right where they got five kids get to come to the bottling plant and four of them get maimed or killed, Pepsi's out of business, right, Am I wrong? Here? That's not gonna go like that's a pr night.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean if people found out about it, but I'm sure will he Wanka will shut them up, or maybe the brats will learn their lessoning, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That is the one thing from the movie that still sticks with me is how kind of angry Willy Wonka was in that movie. Wilder played him man like he's screaming at people lecture. I mean, granted they're doing stuff they shouldn't do, but like it was, I don't know, it was a little jar.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes you have to scare children so they understand that their console for their actions. You know, maybe maybe maybe you should listen to your parents. You should listen to your adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you guys, if your kids misbehave you want me to scream at him on the air, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: For If not, you're going to be turned into a blueberry and juiced, have fun sleeping.
Speaker 1: So a group of dudes took a twelve year old girl in another room to juice her. Make it make sense, Make it make sense. You go right to hr like you're going on. Unless your boss is diddy that you're probably not getting that request.
Speaker 3: What we need to do is we need to make some sort of like interactive Willy Wonka experience where people could walk in and feel like they're in the chocolate factory. Oh we could.
Speaker 1: Charge we would we spend a lot of money or.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean we put up relative who we print some stuff and just stick it on the wall and pretend that that's enough. Hey, the kids are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Dude. I was like, I saw I saw something yesterday. It was like, what the two year anniversary of that? Was that two years ago?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: That was one year ago or one year ago. That's how crazy time has been. Because I saw that and I'm like, oh, that had to be like three four years ago. It was a year ago. It was last February February four.
Speaker 1: Ross is talking about in the UK they saw and the tickets weren't cheap, like what forty to fifty euros or not euros pounds. I don't even know what the exchange is right now. Actually, I think we're on the good side of it. But and and they show up and they have like the saddest up ballumpa actor chick. I felt so for her. So she's like, I'm an actor and I got a gig, probably pretty excited, showed up to this thing. They made her stand there with those little cups of candy where they had like two candy corns in a I don't know, a dot or something, and she's just like this, it's the worst. And then she became the face of this thing, even though she didn't organize it. She's just just tired. And then they put like they printed some weird candy posters and put them on the wall. It was, it was, it was awful. It was quite. It's quite the rabbit hole if you want to go down it. But uh, and then initially they're like they weren't going to refund the money, and the parents were all mad. But it was super sad because you know, kids, kid's imagination could do a lot of the work, but they put in no effort. So all right, let's do this. Uh seven, I want to get into the Linda McMahon audio. We'll do that. We got Stephen Kent coming up. That'll be an eight oh five. We got to get in. We'll talk about the Narnia thing we mentioned for just a moment in a previous show, and if you don't know what that is, it's the actress that was approached to play Aslan, the lion slash god. Alright, so, and a few other things. So we'll get to all that in due course. But news and a quick break and we'll be right back. I appreciate We've got some plumbers who listen to the show and they're like, hey, man, I'll come by fix it. No, no, no, The goal wasn't to get you guys to come and do me a solid, you know, fix something for free. I will if I have to call a plumber, I will pay a plumber. Yeah. Absolutely, you guys should make money too, But let me destroy it first. Okay, all right, So, but I did see your emails and I very much appreciate it. Broz, you want some free plumbing, anything broken at your house.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can find something. I'm sure we got some guys probably won't be hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you guys go make money and then who knows, maybe one of you who I'll call and pay. But I think I got this. So just sitting here the whole show, assuming that there's a waterfall in my guest bathroom now and I should have turned the entire water service to the house off, so we shall see. All right, let's get into this. So there another another protests of the Department of Education soon to be former Department of Education Linda McMahon, who, if you remember, was a cabinet member. What'd you do? Small business to a small business? Right or something? But she hut or small business, I can't remember what it was. But she worked in the first Trump administration. Now they put in charge of the Education Department, but primarily for the purpose of winding everything down. And they've had these protests. And we're going to talk to Stephen Canada too.
Speaker 10: Five.
Speaker 1: But he brought this to our attention a few weeks ago because he's up in DC, and he said that they had like six people at a protest when they first announced they were doing this, and how weird that was because norm like six people ain't even a protest in Washington, because you get rented protesters, you get the various and you know, non governmental organizations, you probably get obviously Department of Ed, you get the Teachers Union to organize. It was kind of a sad showing, but they're still doing it. And so well, Linda McMahon sees this, and I gotta tell you, popping out and going up to the you know, the podium where they're basically trashing you and protesting you and give, you know, giving them the business. That's fantastic. She didn't hit anyone with a chair, which probably was hard for her, but that's okay. All right, So check this out. This is the protest. So why do we need a Department of Education.
Speaker 11: Let these bombs of liberty right our curriculum. Let these bombs of liberty tell us how to educate our children. Let these moms of liberty tell us that you should not teach black history, that you should wipe the pages clean. Remember now, they're conversation that's been going on for about twelve years.
Speaker 1: So all right, so real quick on that, because at first she sounds like she actually is on the side of McMahon. But then clearly she just made this thing. Has that been a conversation for twelve years that we're not going to teach black history.
Speaker 3: It is because they're misinformed, or they're willfully ignorant, or they're doing it on purpose. And I'm so tired of this argument to stop confusing African American history, which has been taught in classrooms forever, with critical race theory. They are not the same thing on.
Speaker 1: Thousand percent one thousand percent. And by the way, history is history when you're teaching us history, especially in the South, right, it's a big chunk of history. There has got black people and white people, and it's got some pretty horror stuff. It's got some stuff that may inspire you that you know, change is possible, Like there's so much there. But this has not been some twelve year conversation We're not going to teach black history anymore. That's not a thing. They don't want somebody up there telling all the white kids that their original sin cursed because of the color of their skin. And you're literally seeing the result of it, with the current crop of eighteen year olds being far more conservative, especially the young men, like what you're doing is not working, so stop it with that, all right. So McMahon decides she's going to come out and God bless you morning. Everyone.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much for coming, and I just want to express my gratitude to all of these folks who came today so that we get to have an open discussion about what I believe is one of the most important things that we can have a discussion on our action on in our country, and that is the education of our young people. As Representative Tanaco said as we were ending the meeting, which I thought was incredibly appropriate, and that is that this is not a part is an issue. This is about the children of America and it's the next generation, the generation after that. And if we want to have our leaders, if we want to have that next group of engineers and doctors and lawyers and plumbers and electrician and HVAC operators, then we need to focus on how they can best have their education. And I believe and I know the President does believe this as well. The best education is that that is closest to the child, where teachers and parents, local superintendents working together, and local school boards to develop the curriculum for those students. Is the best way that it can happen. Funding from the United States government will continue through the programs that have already been established, and I will look forward to continuing to work with members of Congress on both sides of the isle. And I welcome the fact. But these folks came today and expressed their concerns and shared in an open collegial format are their concerns and how we can lead now to work more together. That's the way it ought to operate. And I'm very happy to have had them here. So I'm gonna I'm gonna let them answer the questions. I just wanted to come out and cousin.
Speaker 1: When are you going to shut down the skill there?
Speaker 7: Well, we've we've had our discussions already. So thank you all very very much for coming get on her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't give that guy any here, but you know, to come out where they're actively protesting you. And and by the way, everyone was seemingly on their best behavior there. That's fine. And and she she speaks to the root of the thing, right, it's it it is, shouldn't it or shouldn't it be? What is going to best educate your kid? And you find to have different opinions on that. We we fight over vouchers and all the rest of that stuff. But ultimately I thought she handled it fine, absolutely fine. And the lie though you heard there is one of many, like the school lunch programs going away, it's not literally it's not even administered. It's administered by what USDA, right, And then they moved two other programs to different departments, and you know the challenges of figuring out how states appropriately use those dollars. Those do remain, and it is important that everybody is involved. But when we're starting with people who are just blatantly lying to scare you, I don't know how helpful they're going to be in that process. Man, I don't know. But yeah, I thought she handled that pretty well, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I saw this. Can we just for five seconds not have to be political on everything. So there's family of Virginia. They got their little kids, they go to Washington, they're doing them you know, the National Male Thing, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, you know, all the stuff you go see. And they got their kids sitting there right in front of the title basin down by the Jefferson Memorial there and they're getting ready to take that photo. Now when I took that photo, Just so you understand how deeply immature I am. If you go to the north side of the Jefferson Memorial there monument, I guess you can lay on like the marble there with the Washington Monument behind you, and if you position the camera in your body correctly so that the Washington Monument is aspiring out of really the middle section of your body, do you understand the picture I'm painting for you? And you can be, you know, ten years old and Tay, I have that picture and I wasn't ten took it. I was a crown adult, but I'm like, hey, check out my giant Washington Monument, right, you can do that. They were in a family setting, they got two little kids and they're taking the picture. You got the cherry blossoms doing their thing, and Barack Obama photo bombed them. And I'm like, oh, it's a great story, like I and everyone's like, ah, we got it. You know, just every now and then you can just turn it off for a moment. Can you imagine you're in Washington, DC, and any former president walks up literally and photo bombs you. That'd be amazing, Like you put that into tourism at it could happen to you. That's how you get people up there. So now I thought that was pretty nice. I just hated this. It's like, just just give them a minute. Okay, give them a minute. I'd be dude if I was taking a photo at a monument and Barack Obama, who I fundamentally disagree with on a ton of stuff, goes, hey, can I be in the photo. I'm doing a photo. I'm gonna lie to you. I'm doing the photo.
Speaker 3: No, it's like running into like a wrestling heel. Okay, you put me in the headline, take a photo, right.
Speaker 1: So you're just like, ah, you're a baddie, abuse me for my clicks. Yeah, all right, you'll take a bump roster. You're taking a bump before.
Speaker 3: Right in an actual in the square circle I have, Yeah, and it was awful.
Speaker 1: But yeah, whether it is that part of it. They always try to get the radio. It always at some point in your radio career you will end up as part of a promotion for It could be WWE, or it could be one of the smaller tours, and they're always like, all right, who wants to get hit?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I did at the local, like the local armory. And that ring is a lot harder than they think it is, and that taking that bump is a lot harder. Selling it is harder. It's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just like, I'll say something on the microphone. Please don't hit.
Speaker 3: Me, That's what I said. I'm like, just make me like Bobby the Brain. Just put me in the mic and I'll make fun of people, or like you be an ask.
Speaker 1: I can talk trash. I'm good at it, all right. You know, he's probably better at it because he's nine feet tall, our weather guy who might be a wrestling heel, but he's a lout shore. So I don't know.
Speaker 12: I never really came up with a good, good wrestling name.
Speaker 10: What do you think.
Speaker 1: Is there a weather themed wrestlers? Has there ever been a Weatherman themed wrestler.
Speaker 3: I don't think there should be, though it'd be great. I know my mom recently saw Ray in the Weather Channel for the first time. I mean it was like a month or two because she's been looking for you for years since you've been on And I explained and She's like, is he a weather guy? Like a like a giant. I'm like, yeah, that's him.
Speaker 1: That's sim The first time I saw Ray on TV, I'm like, why is he in that third grade classroom? Any body that desk? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I did a little that overnight too. Yeah, I am a I don't know. I just I'm larger than the average meteorologist.
Speaker 10: I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I got to come up with whoa, whoa, dude, this is a family show.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, sorry about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So speaking the numbers, the numbers are going to be close to ninety and we could be looking at records. Today's record for Raleigh ninety one. Probably not can get there, but it's eighty eight tomorrow, so that's sent back.
Speaker 10: In nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 12: We could get close ninety degrees for Saturday, ninety three for Sunday to try it. The records are a little bit lower, but we could be close. Yesterday was kind of temperature different. Seventy one tryad. I think we got into the upper seventies in Raleigh. Yeah, seventy eight degrees, So it really depended.
Speaker 10: Upon where you were.
Speaker 12: And today probably that same kind of thing where we've got this spread of temperatures that are between probably low mid eighties, so eighty two and to about eighty five.
Speaker 10: And there might be some drizzle or light rain around this morning.
Speaker 12: Tonight in the sixties, so very bud and then tomorrow we're going to heat it up, some clouds, the sunshine mid to upper eighties, maybe ninety degrees, and the same thing on Saturday. Still warm on Sunday, but there is a chance of showers later Sunday into Sunday night temperatures still mid upper eighties, and then in the sixties where we should be this time of year for Monday, and then Monday night of the forties, and then Tuesdays struggling to get out of the upper fifties and to try it in the mountains close to sixty degrees or just above and Raleigh lows at night maybe down near freezing. I'm kind of mentioned towards Tuesday Wednesday, with the colder are coming in the mountains to the west, might get some wet snowflakes. I think that's gonna be north now into the west Virginia, maybe Virginia Highlands.
Speaker 10: But it does look like it's gonna be a cooler week next week.
Speaker 12: Then certainly we're having this week when we could see some record heat.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, again, don't ruin Ross's trip man. Oh as so satur right, we'll talk in the next hour. Figure out your wrestling move. You could have amazing like finishing moves, or there's a lot you can.
Speaker 10: Go there with text that sounds pretty scary.
Speaker 12: What did you go with polar vort One of my moves will be I'm gonna put the polar vortext on you.
Speaker 1: What does that mean it's gonna come, No, no doubt.
Speaker 3: You would have to do like the Texas Tornado. That could be like kind of like a sleeper right right area. That would be like the Texas Tornado thing where you put them up above your show like a fireman's carry and then you spit around in a circle and you turn it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also had that figure out. You got so excited. So yeah, all right, well, well we know some people. We'll see if we can get you something. Okay, you gotta lose to John Cena though, so have fun with that. All right, seven forty nine, we'll be back hang on by the way, coming up on the show here in about ten minutes. We're gonna be chatting with Steven Kent. We got all sorts of nerdy stuff to get into with him. So we didn't get a chance to talk to him last week because he's, you know, world traveling, super important guy and he was in Dubai or something. So but that'll be about ten minutes. We'll do that. So check this out. Here's the headline. This is Saint Louis where it happened. Man rob's woman at gunpoint after she rejects his romantic advances. Now, I will say this, this dude ain't You can't call this guy a simp, right, I know that people love using that word on the social media. He's like, a, you don't want to give me your Instagram? How about your purse? So it happened at a Walgreens. So the dude'es in Walgreens. I described his late twenties, and you know, starts talking to this woman in there. He's like, Hey, I think you look good. Why don't you let me get your phone number? All that, and I don't know, she's probably like, Noah, he's not six foot or whatever, or you know, it looks like a dude who would rob people in the parking lot, and she should have stuck with her instinct because he then went outside and when she left and got into her car, then he rolled up. He's like, well, you don't want to give me your number, I'll take your purse, and he had a gun, so she gave him the purse and he scadadled out of there. Also took her keys, which is kind of low man. I mean, I kind of understand why you do it so she can't follow you, but like, you're not gonna steal the car, why take the keys throw them in the bushes or something. Be a responsible carjacker, slash armed Robert, dude. But also if you just given him your number, just saying I'm kidding. I'm kidding by the way, obviously, but still the dude had a plan. B man, when all of the one of the Walgreens couldn't find love, He's gonna find some money.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They have not caught him, apparently, but he is he I guess when he was running away, he discharged the weapon ones, which again is another insane thing, Like you're getting away, dude, why in the world would you fire a warning shot. She's not pursuing you, not in her car. Anyway, she did get out of her car and and that's why he fired it. But it's like, what is she going to do? Run you down? She said she didn't want to be with you, bro, You're gonna be fine. So they're still looking for him, alrighty. So one of the things I want to play this audio rope. We do have enough time? Yeah, maybe not. I'll play it when we get Steven on. Uh. Do you guys remember Finn Buegas the actor's name Finn from the latest round of the Star Wars Who By the way, when when the first one was I thought he was gonna be not Daisy Ridley. I thought he was kind of gonna be the guy. Right last week he was Globe Trott and doing spy stuff for whatever he was doing. Steven Kent, though, is joining us, Stephen? How you doing this morning? What's up?
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful day. We're all liberated, right.
Speaker 1: I heard that? Yeah, about four o'clock yesterday that was mentioned to me. So I starting like doing color revolutions over in the middle Easter Russell, you know, I or something.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They they're deploying me all around the world these days. But I'm happy to be back stateside and talking culture with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well we're gonna have to We're gonna have to get into this Ross brought something to my attention today yesterday I had no idea about and so it's it's really fun. We're gonna get to circle back on this. Going back to the first of the latest iterations of the Star Wars movie series. We of course we first met Ray and we met Finn, and Finn was played by a actor by the name of John Boyega. And I got to tell you, for the first part of that movie, I kind of thought he was he was going to be the man, right, which is clearly a rope dope. And unfortunately, yeah, I think he did too. And then and then they just threw him away, basically just threw the dude away. And and now he's not mad at literally Disney, who is who he should be mad at, right, if they did mislead him, He's decided in this this documentary on Apple TV to essentially call, well, you know what, I'm just going to play it for everybody. I think you can pick up on the messaging. All right, So here here is what he's says. They're pandering.
Speaker 13: Let me tell you always had the vibe of being in the most whitest et last space.
Speaker 6: This is a franchise is so whack that it's.
Speaker 13: Like a black person existing in that was something and you can always tell it something. When some Stouars fans tried to say, well, we you know, we had Lando Kalvis and it had Sammy L. Jackson, it's like telling me how many cookie chips are on the cookie though. I'm like, it's just they just got at that in there, bro, They're okay with us playing in the Best Friend, but once we touched their heroes, once we leave, once we we Trailblazers, Like, my god, it's just a bit too much.
Speaker 1: I don't and I don't understand any of this because it first it sounds like he's criticizing the studio, but then he's clearly talking about the fans there before we get into really why uh Boega? There was an interesting discussion that surrounded his his his character. But before we get into that, was there anyone in the Star Wars universe who wouldn't have been happy with John Boyega in the hero in that movie? Because I was down for it halfway through the first movie, no, it's.
Speaker 4: A really shocking piece of revisionist history. You know, John Boyega as Finn in that movie, he was getting rapturous applause in theaters, and I went to the theater like three times for Force Awakens. Whenever he had these big moments in the movies, such as igniting his lightsaber in Force Awakens to fight a Stormtrooper and then fighting Kylo Ren towards the end of the movie, there was a lot of excitement around Finn or just neutrality now. When he was first unveiled, it was the teaser trailer for the Force Awakens, where you start in the desert, there's some eerie music, and then all of a sudden, his face lurches up into the screen. He's the first person we ever saw associated with the new era of Star Wars, and he's a black guy wearing a stormtrooper outfit, which did ignite I think I think a fair share of online confusion and a little bit discussion.
Speaker 1: I just want to be clear here, because we talked about it on the h and and I was I was very I didn't care, but I understood the arguments that were being made. They're like, no, because they go you go back, and You're like, no, all the Stormtroopers have to look like this dude, because they're all based on this dude, who you are clearly not.
Speaker 4: They have to be Pacific Pacific Islanders based on Yeah Django fet from the original prequel films.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I said that on the air, just trying to explain the story, and apparently I irritated some dude to the Dunkin Donuts or something, so Ross told.
Speaker 4: You, Yeah, so so you before ever I did. The first time you and I ever spoke was like two thousand and fourteen, twenty fifteen, whenever the trailer for that came out. I was in North Raleigh working at the Hilton at the time, and I was on my way to work, sitting in line at Dunkin Donuts to get my Boston cream and a coffee, and you guys were talking about this and taking calls on the Black Stormtrooper issue, and I was I was not pleased with the with the tenor of the conversation and the appreciation for prequel cannon. So I did call in.
Speaker 1: What did we get wrong? I can't even remember, because I really had a diagnostic on the story. I was just putting it out because people were talking about it.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, if I remember that conversation correctly, you know, we were kind of stuck on the question of whether or not there can be a black Stormtrooper. And what that was missing was that the cloning program ended in the early days of the Empire, So Stormtroopers are not, in fact, django fet clones. One of the biggest plot points of the new era of Star Wars is that they have really clarified the cloning program was ended and the clones were mostly massacred or exile so that the Empire could be staffed by loyal foot soldiers who didn't have, you know, like an engineered purpose. They wanted propagandized troops and so they recruited. So the Empire, underneath all those Stormtrooper helmets from the original trilogy could be just about anyone. They're not clones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so I have an easier explanation why I didn't care. I'm like, none of this is real. So there's that.
Speaker 12: How dare you?
Speaker 4: How dare you say that Star Wars is a documentary? And yeah, so that that actually was the first time, first time we spoke, and you know, it's a it's just been a journey ever since.
Speaker 1: But look, boyeg I got screwed on that deal, right I. But the idea that fans didn't want him in there because he's black, which is a narrative that emerged there when a bunch of nerds were literally having argument so Astro Turf. Yeah, So for him to throw that out there, it's like, clearly, Disney, did you dirty if they told you one thing and did the other, why do you hate on the fans? A lot of the fans they were upset that Ray just became the Mary Sue, right Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he has he has spoken a little bit about this in the past, and this is every interview he does, he just digs the hole deeper on being really like a cry baby about his whole experience with Star Wars. He has jabbed at Ryan Johnson and he has jabbed at Kathleen Kennedy in past interviews. He really feels like Ryan Ryan Johnson is the one who screwed him over in the Last Jedi by sidelining Finn and then JJ Abrams when he returns to do the final of the Disney trilogy. He really had nothing that he could do with Finn at that point, and so he really faded into the background of the Star Wars trilogy, and he has talked about that, but then he just goes back and lashes back at fans, which is just totally incoherent. John Boyega has never showed up for conventions, He's never gone out to try and be part of the Star Wars community, and so I think he just feels like a pariah. But that's a personal problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be curious too if you like how many is clearly the last trilogy, the number of rewrites and changes we may never fully fathom, what with all the reasons and everything that they were doing. So do you think the plan was to have him be the man at one point? Do you think that there's some some credibility.
Speaker 4: Not not not the man, but he was supposed to be part of Ray's kind of new building of a Jedi Order. The original plan was that Finn was going to be forced sensitive and that he was going to come up alongside Ray as a future Jedi to rebuild the Order after Luke Skywalker kind of let it let it crumble him. So you know, they were going to have a female and a and a black actor sort of rebuilding that it was going to check all of Disney's diversity boxes, and they they just moved in a different direction for a lot of different reasons. But it really came came to be that they couldn't build up Luke Skywalker in the last Jedi and Ray and Fenn at the same time, and Ben was sidelined and his character got completely diminished by the end of the trilogy, leaving you very very confused about why he was so central in the first film.
Speaker 1: Should all right, let me flip because we had a couple of other things We've got to talk about. Should in hindsight Disney, should they have passed Jason Statham as snow White?
Speaker 4: What do you think they probably would have sold more tickets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair, that's a that's I mean, this isn't even a quite You saw IMDb put a notification on the rating. They're claiming that people, you know, bomb bombing it. I'm like, maybe just everyone hates it, like I have nothing, even like the people who normally love like the dei inclusiveness in Disney movies. They trashed it right. New York Times trashed it. Rolling Stone. These are some of the most woke film reviewers out there and they all savage this thing, and it's like take your l and clearly the Rachel Zegler is not going to take the l. She's absolutely delusional, don't. I don't know if she works again in a big film. But what at absolute trounce. We haven't had a chance to talk about it, and so I'm just curious your thoughts and I'm gonna kind of spin this into another movie discussion.
Speaker 4: So well, I'm just love. I'm loving looking on the IMDb and finding out that the snow White film has been nominated for at least one reward award from the Queer T Awards. So it's looking like it's it's nominated for a Queer T this year. So that's very exciting for Yeah, that's very exciting.
Speaker 1: So like, all right, so is it enough of a kick in the teeth that Disney like goes like, I don't understand, We've been down this road, but rant here. I can't go on a rant that puts my you know, the station or my company in a bad light. It's clearly drawn out in my contract. Right, That's that's a thing. And I don't understand. Can you not muzzle people, you're paying fifteen million dollars to be in a three hundred million dollar film to just be like, hey, could you just not be weird for three months or some whatever? Like how well?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that's that's exactly what they are in court with right now over the woman who played Kara Dune and the Mandalorian. I'm Gina Corrano. I mean Gina Krana, who is in Star Wars. This is the exact case. But they of course only muzzled Gina Corano because she was offering conservative speech during the during covid UH and they fired her. And Gina Carano is taking Disney to court and they are still in court over this about whether she was fired, and she's making a sexism claim that basically her male colleagues could make whatever political speech they wanted, but she couldn't because she's a woman. I don't know if that is the right way to go about this, but that is the claim that she's making in a California courtroom. And they're never going to do that to someone like Rachel Zegler. But I do think Rachel Zegler her career is going to be really, really short lived. She draws nothing but controversy to every project she is involved in, because she just can't keep her mouth shut. And to your point, your original question, I do think that companies should be able to kind of muzzle their actors to a certain extent, to tell them, like, you know, we are engaged in a contractual obligation. You are not to go out and do certain things and embarrass our production.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 4: That's kind of to be expected, which is why I initially defended the firing of Ginako, because I think companies, especially entertainment firms, should have the right to do that, right, you know.
Speaker 1: But to your point, and and and obviously when you compare this, it clearly was in one and like that thing would have blown over. We were just still in that hyper cancel phase. And I think they didn't Caedro Pascal, who I like, by the way, I got no beef with him. He there's a tweet of his that was kind of similar but speaking from a different direction, and it was Yeah, So it was like, she she should win really in court with that level of evidence, but it's California, So who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 4: Man well, her only her only chance really is California California has some of the most aggressive sex discrimination laws in the country, and so she is making an explicitly sex discrimination case in California that she was muzzled for, uh you know, being a female engaging in political speech, which might work out for her in a California courtroom.
Speaker 1: We'll see the transition. I want to make now is a rumor that's out there that with the now updated Chronicles of Darnia and C. S. Lewis stuff coming out that the that Meryl Streep was approached to play Aslan what what even? Yeah? Yeah, well first just uh russ uh, just real quick, make your point. You made a very concise, good point on this last time. Who is Aslin to you when you see the when you watch the movie, who is Me?
Speaker 3: He is Jesus Jesus. He's not symbolic. I mean he's supposed to be Jesus.
Speaker 1: He's multiverse Jesus basically. Now this other world, So like this seems like a super unforced air now. I I don't know that that's what they did or that's what they're doing, but like if you screw the pooch on the you know, the hardcore Yes Lewis fans who go for the spiritual side of this, and you just abandon that and you just do whatever you want, like you deserve to lose all your money, don't you?
Speaker 4: I think you do. And I just got to say, you know, this report comes from Nexus Point News, which I have never heard of in my life, comes out one day before April Fools. Now this website is based in Kansas, so there's no time confusion, so you know this was meant not to be an April Fool's joke. But the talk is that mental Streep is and talks to be Aslan, which is very confusing because what this means is the voice of Aslan, Like what what is? What is even the point? We're talking about a lion here, and so if we're going to make this lion Aslan, who is Christ incarnate in Narnia, a female, you're also going to have to strip the lion's mane off the lion and have.
Speaker 1: You know now lion identifies as a lion.
Speaker 4: This don't I don't but I don't believe I don't believe this. I don't actually think that this is real. Sourcing does matter even.
Speaker 1: And entertainment, But there was no push I checked to see if there was any pushback on any of this stuff, and it got picked up. Your post picked it up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but the New York Post picks it up because it's sensational. All you need is one fake story and then everybody re reports it. It's I don't know. I'm kind of waiting for a comment from Netflix on this because I.
Speaker 1: Think we speak. I just realized I'm up against the clock. We'll continue this next week. I appreciate it. But by the way, thank you to Stephen Kent for joining us. And it's from pro public and uh so when they write stuff, it's generally Trump socks whatever, and this is no exception, and but it is kind of an interesting way to go about it. So in the article they have I think seven so yeah, here we go seven current and former airline crew members. So which airlines? Charter airlines and specifically Global Crossing is one. These are the companies and sometimes they hire that, you know, they actually literally hire the legacy carriers. But a lot of these flights are run by companies like that, and they're charter planes, so they can be a bunch of them. Just did big business with NC double A. I'm sure right, flying colleges. You see those pictures where the colleges will literally charter flights to send their fans up there, not even just the team, and so they got chartered. But instead of fans going to a basketball tournament or you know, a bunch of rich dudes going on a Bahamas thing, you're flying people. You're flying gang members or criminals on some of these deportation flights, because not everyone shackled on all flights, but like the one that was going into Colombia, those are all murderers on there. And I understand if they're a little weirded out maybe don't want to work on there. I would totally get that, But that's not what it is. The whole angle of the article is, look, how you're responsible the Trump administration's doing. What if they have to do an evacuation. Let me ask you a question, should we not have them handcuffed if they're murderers, gang members, you know, rapists all the right, because that's what we're talking about with that Columbia flight. Those were all people who had been convicted or were wanted for really really bad stuff. And what do you think happens when you get in the air, if you have one hundred and fifty of them that aren't shackled. How do you think you think that plane goes to Columbia still where these guys probably would end up in prison. Now that plane's going anywhere but Columbia. Sheer lunacy And so they said I was shot. One flight attendant, I said, I was shocked. When we asked about what should we do if there was an evacuation, they said, open the doors and go save yourselves first. Yeah, that's how it works. It's not a normal flight. I understand that, and I also would understand if you don't want to work it, that's between you and your employer. I'd be a little weirded out. But also, what did you What did you have to do during the flight? They were running that little cart up and down the aisle. You're not having to deal with people hitting the button because they're shackled to the ankles too, so they can't reach the button. No, you sit there. I wonder do you think they show them the video ross they can sit there watch the video in the event of a water landing, those things are getting out of control. Man, If anybody any of you guys fly a lot like the the I've been on like four different carriers here just in the last last few and it's like it's like it's like a race who can have the douchiest safety video. It's so weird. But yeah, that goes out the window when you're flying con Air. Did you see con Air? Didn't work out for that plane? Probably want to keep those guys shackled ross. You saw that documentary con Air, right, what happened when the when the really bad dudes got out the plane? It didn't go well?
Speaker 3: They all found jobs?
Speaker 1: Man? Oh did they did they h on the Vegas Strip there?
Speaker 3: They sure did.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. I was I was wondering. We never did get a follow up. So this is this is the Trump hit piece that the stop in. Yeah, it's not going to be it's not going to be the same level of say what, but what do you want them to do? And I don't know if you know this. US Marshall Service flies people all around the country, not just them. My uncle who's a US Marshall, a deputy US Marshall, Like he mostly did the Yellowstone stuff, but he did some of those flights too. That's what they do. They move people around Federal prison system and they're not walking around going can I get another wine, canna another bloody merit? No, they're to sit down. You're you're shackled, and it's it's it's just part of it. So I don't I don't understand why they only got me to talk about it. So I guess you won there, so how exciting for you. But like you know, I don't know if you know this. When we transport people in police cars, uh, you can't open the doors from the inside in the back and they're in handcuffs.
Speaker 3: They should try, though.
Speaker 1: They do try, and some of them do it. I saw I watch a crazy video where some some he slipped his cuffs and then somehow was able to go through the seat in the back it was an SUV and got the shotgun that you know a lot of a lot of cops will have. Okay, that's terrifying shotgun or an ar in the trunk there. Yeah, yeah, Well it was short lived, although they had four jail or just in the sally port there where it happens right right before they walk in. And I watched these four cops come out. And I'm not picking on women, I'm not, but I'm not even a cop. And you had these you had two male and two female officers. And the two males are kind of next to each other but at an angle, so one would be shooting through the window in the door there, and the other one would be kind of shooting through the i know, the back panel, but through to the seat. And these two female officers show up and they position themselves directly opposite side of the car of the other two. And it's this weird thing where the the two male officers who are initially they're now trying to walk to the women, and now the women are walking around the other side, and one of the guys goes crossfire, crossfire, and then they figure it out and then the dudes like, all right, I'm gonna do this, and so he he puts the gun out. That's gonna go shoot at the police. And he's not with us anymore. So want wamp. That didn't work out.
Speaker 3: But you watch the exciting ones every time I watch that, like they're just like kicking in the background and pee themselves.
Speaker 1: Well those are fun too, Those are those are good? I mean, not for the cop he's got to hose his his squad car out because some some drunk puked and urinated, uh spitefully in the back. But it's I've been told it's not the worst thing that happens back there. But yeah, yeah, that was an exciting one. But the whole, the whole crossfire thing was I was losing my mind watching it. I'm like, do you just stop walking? Stop moving? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Do they?
Speaker 1: Is that not something that they teach you at police school. Don't position yourself directly on the other side of your partner or your colleague when you guys might have to shoot somebody. Like I'd never if a deer hunt it with somebody's like, I'm gonna go around the other side of the deer, I'd be like, we don't hunt anymore, we're not friends, And then I would I'd probably encourage the year to go, you know, rake them once with the horns for being dumb. No, that is absolute lunacy. Yeah, I'm sorry you're upset over that, but I just can't. It's kind of like the WRAL article this morning, where is this Two NC state students have student visas terminated head back to Saudi Arabia? Why did that happen? Were they just learning too hard? Going to too many classes, had too high a GPA, or do you think it was other stuff that they might have been doing here, which can include everything from participating in and organizing violent protests, going and chasing down students you think are Jewish and harassing them, which literally, like five minutes ago, would have been a hate crime on every college campus if there was a slight change in the demographic makeup. Because that's why they're deported, or that's why they're provoking these visas, right, not just randomly selecting people. There's over six thousand international students at NC State because I see people going, oh, well, they just don't like foreigners. There's six thousand. What do you think they honed in on these two? And so you got to dig really deep in the story to kind of figure out what's going on here. Oh, he was working to get his master's in engineering, was a campus dining employee. That's great, And if that's all he was doing, he'd be here. I'm sorry, he'd still be doing all that stuff. But once you get into the open anti semitism or just open you know whatever, which should be his conduct code violation anyway, and then you're advocating for it, or you're trying to get people to do things that might enrich or support a terrorist organization. That's where people's you know, that's where people pay attention. Like, at no point I was able to make it this these forty some years I've been on this earth, and never once I thought, you know what, let me organize a fundraiser for a terrorist organization. Ross have you ever accidentally organized a fundraiser for a terrorist organization?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I never have you sure, I'm pretty sure you were pretty quick on that ass.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Never whoopsie, oh I just funded you know, isis whoops? I don't know. I'm not saying that's necessarily what he did. I'm just pointing out that these are the types of students and issues when you see these stories, that's what they're looking for. They're looking for And if you just come here and you just go to your engineering classes, you're gonna be fine. It'll be okay. So like, to not get to that in the story is just insane to me. All right, raced agent, let's get to him from the weather Chattels figured out something or something. I don't know, Boy, you punch something and.
Speaker 10: Now it works better or what remember we had that problem. Well, some of it was the different address and all that. But so.
Speaker 12: The thing here doesn't like audacity being open at the same time, which I record stuff in you and I know what that is. But so it doesn't like that open at the same time as I have on sip open. Figured that out more useless information from your meteorologist.
Speaker 1: But you're very quiet. Yeah, but you're clearer, so that's good.
Speaker 10: I could turn quiet up if you want, but.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're fine.
Speaker 10: I'll let Ross handle it on youss hand. Come on, Ross, do your job. Will you do something?
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, your mic Yeah, you get it. Ross is gonna come hunt you down.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: You better just do the weather.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna try something stand by, stand by.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, oh gosh.
Speaker 10: Is that any better? Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I had.
Speaker 3: I had to patch you like all the way down because like for the last two weeks, every time you would talk, you would blow up the speakers. You were so loud.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, you think you with age that i'd lose my memory, and I have because I kind of forget that. It's very temperamental the settings here. So if you just touch the thing just a little bit. It kind of goes crazy on the meter anyway, So we're talking about things we don't need to but the things we do need to talk about is the heat load to mid eighties today, maybe upper eighties. Ninety degrees in the Triangle Tomorrow and Saturday could be close to records which are around ninety I try it probably going to be eighty five to eighty seven over night loads in the sixties.
Speaker 10: Very mild.
Speaker 12: The average high this time of year is right around seventy degrees, and then the change will come as we get into the tail end of the weekend. Still warm with a few showers a Sunday afternoon mid upper eighties. I think we're back into the sixties and more normal temperatures on Monday with showers, and then by Tuesday might not get out of the upper fifties from the triad west sixty plus as we get into the Triangle with the loads at night, Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, load to mid thirties, so that could mean some twenties for some of me, some apatche frost, so kind of get the one little gas peer of some late winter temperatures as we get into the early and middle part of next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll chat with you tomorrow, Thank you, sir, yep, and we'll come back with Jeff Pellinger. Decks hanging in well.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 14: Case this report sponsored by Total Wine and more investors having a tariff tantrum this morning. The futures indicate stocks will head south in a big way when Wall Street brings the opening bell. The Dow futures are down more than twelve hundred points at the moment. President Trump's tariffs on auto imports rippling around the world. The twenty five percent levies went into effect overnight. Volkswagen immediately announced it will add import fees to the sticker prices of all vehicles exported to the US. Mercedes Benz indicated it may no longer be feasible to sell its least expensive models here, but it is considering moving more production to its factory in Alabama. A South Korean news agency says Hyundai has no immediate plan to hike prices in the US, while Ford sees sales oper oportunity. It's launching a from America for America discount program that'll run for the next couple of months. Analysts say many apparel, furniture and footwear makers have shifted production to Vietnam, Bangladesh, Cambodia, and Indonesia, so they'rein for big hits and some luxury items like louis Utan handbags and Rolex watches will cost more. For now, job market appears to be holding its own. The Labor Department just reported new unemployment claims fell last week. The days are numbered for a teriff loophole that lets companies like Temu and Shean Work have their business. The so called demnimous exemptions for low value packages shipped to the US from China and Hong Kong will end on May second, and Casey, the efforts to find a buyer for TikTok's US operations got more interesting. Amazon dot Com told the Trump administration it would like to take over the business, and the business tech company app Lovin also indicated it's interested in TikTok and said it's working to find backers.
Speaker 1: Casey, is Twitter still on that list? Wasn't Elon talking about that too? I can't remember Maybe that, Yeah, he was, he was.
Speaker 14: There's There are a lot of companies that have been behind the scenes working with the Trump administration. So I wouldn't be surprised if if he was Okay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jeff, do appreciate it, Thank you, sir. Okay himself a good one. And uh, this guy, uh, of course he's American. That's great, that's great. So some idiot went to that North Centinel Island again. The missionary he was American, right, that got killed here what like six seven years ago. It's probably I'm probably misremembering the timeline I seem to remember. I think he was us. He was there from a missionary standpoint that did not work out. He was the last person who was killed. So this guy shows up to the island. He's on he's on a sailboat sailing around the world whatever, and he has inflatable little boat and he literally lands on the island. Which remember a lot of the people that were killed by the North sentineliese. Those two boats that got they never even made landfall. They were off on like the reef there and they just arrowed them to death, a few of them. The missionary dude got on the island. So this guy gets on the island and he start he's blowing a whistle to get them to come out, and he leaves an offering for the tribe. I'm not this is the story is insane, leaves an offering for the Sentinelsee was what did you write on that? Like you realize they're not gonna be okay whatever? What was the offering? A coconut which I'm sure they have some, and a can of Coca cola