Speaker 1: I'm Ali.
Speaker 2: I came out after twenty years of marriage and I have three kids.
Speaker 3: I'm Melissa and I have two kids, and I came out at thirty seven after an eleven year marriage.
Speaker 2: This podcast is about coming out later and the struggles and victories that.
Speaker 4: Come with it.
Speaker 3: When coming out feels like the end of the world, but it's really just the beginning.
Speaker 5: This is the Lesbian Chronicles. Welcome to the Lesbian Chronicles.
Speaker 3: Eyebald, eyeball, eyeball to eyeball.
Speaker 4: This is de ja vous, is it? Yeah? The little amount of prep that we do for.
Speaker 3: These like you guys have no idea. You guys think are professionals, literally like the least professional things.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: But we did have an episode topic today that I like, and we usually don't.
Speaker 4: Even have a topic. It's about two minutes before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were prepared.
Speaker 2: We were highly prepared. Yes, so you sent me up hilarious, very very fitting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: The moment that this guy started talking, I was like, I have to send this to Ali. It was this comedian and he's talking about how on an airplane. First of all, he is judging the people that are working not working. But he was like, if you're in a middle seat. There's no one you need to be emailing right now. This is not an airplane email situation. If you're sitting in a middle seat seat, you're not that important.
Speaker 4: You are not important.
Speaker 2: If you find yourself in the middle seat, you are not important enough to.
Speaker 4: Have an email to send.
Speaker 3: And he's like looking at the guy's screen, like, no, Carl, exactly, it's so true.
Speaker 4: And then what else did he say? Said, I'll decide who gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like talking about how he's because he likes the aisle seat. That means he's the captain of that row, captain of the row, captain of the row. And he's like, i'd get the flight, attend to hints the snacks to me, and I decide what who gets the other? Next you get your bisk off. And I'm like watching this, I'm like, this is Ali. This is Ali's mindset.
Speaker 1: You got ask me if you you want to go to the bathroom, check in with me, and I'll got to go for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I'll let you know if it's happening for you, may or may not be depending on what I've got, what emails I've got going.
Speaker 3: I know that's just it. You've got the laptop out, You're important.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 2: Cat when they fly with me, they know that I'm gonna have the aisle seat, and then read will start negotiating with me on the drive to the airport about can I have the aisle for some of the flight or oh my.
Speaker 4: God, Like the hell you think you are?
Speaker 2: You think I'm gonna put a fifteen year old on the aisle and I'm going to be in the middle.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like the aisle seat feels like too much responsibility to me. It's captain of the iss It's captain of the isle. You got it. You do have to handle the snacks. You have to stay awake too, Like you're really like, if you fall asleep, then someone wants to get up, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Get woken up or they know better than to nudge right.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you get.
Speaker 1: Some icon ha.
Speaker 4: Yeah you I'm the captain.
Speaker 3: They say that, and you're like, yeah, anyone need to go to the potty robin.
Speaker 4: It's so very, very true.
Speaker 2: And the people sending emails like their elbows in tight in the middle.
Speaker 4: I'm like, dude, you are not that important.
Speaker 3: Hang it up, get out your get out your phone and watch the Netflix.
Speaker 2: What is it about the window seat that seems slightly better?
Speaker 3: I love the window seat because it to me that feels like my own little personal office.
Speaker 4: I know, but is it like but I'm saying like it's a little bit better than the middle it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'm choosing the window because I feel it's more private, Like no one can really I can angle myself. I can look at my phone and be angled to where someone can't watch my watch. I watch with full privacy. That's one that gets a little scary on the airplane. If you ever watched Euphoria, that's a very graphic show. Yeah, you're in the aisle seat. Speaking of graphics. We should talk about the porn topic. Yeah, we can talk about the porn topic, but I'm not delving in. There's a lot of information I'm keeping close to the close.
Speaker 4: I can see why you would in this particular moment. I can see why you would.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so so Robin and I were talking about how like it's not just like you don't just google porn. You've got to like type in a topic so somebody I can't remember who I was dming with.
Speaker 4: But they basically were like what if you had, like you.
Speaker 2: Had people basically DM in what they're they don't have to tell anybody.
Speaker 4: I'll keep it private.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, you can trust me, you can trust for me.
Speaker 4: Tell me what you search up.
Speaker 2: And then with that, I'm so curious what other people's searches are because.
Speaker 1: They're very niche. Yes, it's very very niche.
Speaker 2: It's like and you you're into it for a minute, and then you're kind of like all right, like after a few months or like I'm ready for.
Speaker 1: A new niche right.
Speaker 3: So and also, I mean there are a lot of states in the US right now that have banned sites like porn Hub and you porn and or it's like you have to put your driver's license number in or something like they want to verify your age, like truly, but I'm like, I'm not doing.
Speaker 4: That, man, Like that's Big Brothers watching, right.
Speaker 2: But the problem with that is that the legit sites who where people are probably getting act.
Speaker 4: Are making you do that. So what do you' to end up doing?
Speaker 2: You're watching the one where in the basement, Yeah, in the basement with paid with unpaid labor.
Speaker 3: Right, so yeah, it's like this moral dilemma, and I think I might put the license in do I care?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm a full grown adult. I know I'm not lacking for anything illegal.
Speaker 4: I'm allowed to watch porn, guy, I'm allowed. I'm old enough to watch porn guys.
Speaker 3: Just now, just now, exactly.
Speaker 2: I did find myself because after that episode, somebody asked me, like what, I'm so curious what you do search? And I very very rarely get embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Like shy.
Speaker 3: That makes me shy.
Speaker 4: I got so shy about it. I did say it.
Speaker 2: I think I even said it to there was more than just her there, but I thought, for a minute, I'm like, wow, you guys are kind of rattling me right now, right Like I feel a little bit uncomfortable with my search. And it's like kind of a harmless search. I'm not like looking up something weird.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing any step steps step.
Speaker 3: Why is that such like a theme. It doesn't make any sense. The step sibling, the step mom. I don't know, like why did this become such a thing.
Speaker 2: I know, I guess because like they are teenagers, Like if you blended a family, like I sort of them in this situation. I'm not blending a family, but I'm dating somebody who has kids who are beautiful and slightly older than read and he's harmless. But I thought it must cross his mind it's not your sister, So I.
Speaker 1: Mean, does she's beautiful.
Speaker 4: And like you are, you're human.
Speaker 3: I think it's one thing if it's like the kids have grown up in the same household from a young age, weirdo, that's fucking you're weird. Weird as fun there, Yeah, I know it happens.
Speaker 2: I had this conversation with Nikki actually about how like the way I was brought up in the way like some of her her friend's children are brought up, is like, and my parents have since like acknowledged this, but like there was so much shame around sex that it's like by the time I was married and trying to have sex, it was like I couldn't really fully enjoy it because it felt so shameful. Yeah, so then I come out it's hard again. And I was thinking about when I put my kids at Pidea, they were extremely sex positive, Like it almost was like a theme of the school of like there is zero shame around sex. This is a natural thing. And I remember, like it completely like flipped the way I feel about sex. They want these kids to grow up and have wonderful sexss like that is part of their entire being.
Speaker 4: So there was no shame.
Speaker 1: It was like, you should.
Speaker 4: Be experiments, You should be figuring out.
Speaker 2: This stuff so that when you consensually, consensually so that when you're older, you have this wonderful sex life. Yeah, and I thought, like, God, that's so fucking true, Like why would I want my kids not to have a.
Speaker 3: Great That's just it, Like, yeah, I don't want my kids to feel any shame around zero, Like it's a big reason why I want them to stay away from any kind of like religious organizations. I don't want my daughter and my son to be told that they're going to hell for you know, experience something something that's like natural for them exactly. And it's it's unfair too, because they're fighting this natural thing inside of their their bodies and their brains. And then on top of that being told that like not only should you be a shamed but you also might go to hell for this too, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it makes them not trust their body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like, oh, this feeling I'm having is bad, shame on me. So it's just you live in this like terrible feeling all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think, you know, that's one of the connections that I kind of made over the last couple of years, is that I would feel a lot of like kind of not understanding why it and truly like enjoys sexy. And I remember for a long time I was thinking it was like the religious guilt that was and I'm like and I wasn't even really raised that hardcore, right, but it still was like weighing on me that I was somehow like maybe that's why this doesn't feel great. It's because I have that like internalized guilt. Yep, you know, and it's like, no, dude, you're just fucking gay.
Speaker 2: Well, even like they say, like so much of it is your brain, Like your brain is a sex organ basically, I mean, your brain is so much part of the experience. And when those neural pathways between the shame and then the pleasure of like I'm having sex with someone in this I don't even feel anything.
Speaker 4: I have numb or I'm like I can't get my mind in the headspace to get there. It's because like that has been cut, cut cut, Like that shouldn't happen.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't happen until now you're forty years old trying to have an orgasm and you're fucking struggling because that pathway has been demolished. And that's torture, right, It doesn't happen to little boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like I.
Speaker 2: Again, like I don't want my kids to have any of that nonsense. Yeah, Like it's and I see grown women who have it. Their brain can't like relax enough to like allow it or even to go into your brain to like have It's such a mind thing when.
Speaker 4: You're in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like not only that, it's like you know, being gay and finally coming and like admitting that. I'm like I couldn't have admitted that twenty years ago, No way, Like I would have felt so ashamed totally and embarrassed for people to know.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I honestly that's kind of like a little bit what I think when we're talking about what do you search on the porn? Yeah, it's like that's part that's where that shame comes in.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, it in private mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not telling you guys. But then it's like, why why is that shameful? When I'm a grown woman. I know it can free.
Speaker 1: Will all the things I can do whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking anything illegal or doing anything, so I don't know, right, But that also does lead us to our our topic on what's your number?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so good to preface this.
Speaker 3: There was a study done recently. I'll try to find it and link it in the show notes, but of how many sexual partners people have had in their lifetime, and I think it for our generation, it was around four point three.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 4: Were exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: Like survey nuns?
Speaker 2: Or is it just like you and I live in these huge cities where like people have experiences versus there's a whole big world out there where people are like, I don't know, But then wouldn't they even be doing it more because there's nothing else to do right exactly?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Should we play the role?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's play the clip. Okay, this was a funny take. I am a super Slot.
Speaker 6: At least you're retired Slot. Just call me slutty mcsantry four point three partners in your life for like at a time or like in a year and like a six month span. I have a hard time believing the average is under five either.
Speaker 4: I was surrounded by hosts, well, that survey is a lie.
Speaker 6: First husband was number twenty.
Speaker 3: I was proud of that.
Speaker 4: I was like, great, hard Stop, and we got divorced.
Speaker 3: I had a whole phase two.
Speaker 6: They didn't be at a Crisp twenty six, But for some reason I thought I was average and actually hoping you're all going to tell me that you also agree that that study.
Speaker 3: Is bullshite, so hilarious a CRISP twenty six, CRISP twenty six that I liked her at hard Stop and then you get divorced, so it's like clean slate, right, you gotta start over again. I'm like, does that shouldn't even count? I did that twenty years ago, so good, Like maybe, but it is kind of weird to think about. I'm like, I don't think that the average person is four point three, especially like at this point men and women?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, no, how current?
Speaker 4: How First of all, how old do you think she is?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: I would venture to guess around thirty or thirty forty? Okay, thirty five forty Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Guess like I think about I mean, there are a lot of people that I look around and I'm like, who are they.
Speaker 4: Doing it with?
Speaker 3: Not who going over with you?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't mean it like that as much as like, how are they like they're so like it takes a certain personality to get laid.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're not just like out on the street.
Speaker 3: Sorry about this recently. It's like you gotta have some level of game.
Speaker 1: You gotta have some some level of game.
Speaker 4: So if you think about that and think about like all of.
Speaker 1: Our friends, yeah, were it.
Speaker 2: I would say everybody has the ability.
Speaker 1: To get it done.
Speaker 3: True. True, But if you think about like the masses, yeah, can everybody land the plane?
Speaker 2: Can everybody land the plane? I don't know the answer to that. No, Like, let's tonight look.
Speaker 3: Around and really think who's landing the plane?
Speaker 4: Who is landing the plane?
Speaker 3: Who's going in the bathroom with someone else? That's the big question exactly.
Speaker 2: And if you think about men in general, who's going I mean a lot of these guys, you're not getting anyone.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, but that's just it. Like you know, like movies like, uh, what's that movie.
Speaker 4: Called Hitch like one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: Kevin James and Besmith, and it's like he's only teaching him how to have game, like yeah, to be totally total to women, like yeah, look however you look, but if you can't approach someone.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But it also like the whole shame game around your number and it's like, okay, but we're all adults here. You're being checked on a regular basis to make sure you don't have like STDs and stuff. You're not doing anything like wildly dangerous.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any shame out like do it.
Speaker 3: Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: Enjoy yourself if you're single and you want to get out there, there's absolutely zero wrong with it.
Speaker 4: In fact, someone said to me in that same.
Speaker 2: Conversation where we were talking about sex positive and PIDEA. They were like, but you don't I don't want to be considered like a slut, And I was like, that word is not even like, it's so canceled. Yeah, it's like there's no slut anymore when our boys sluts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly so, but I guess she was like, yeah, yeah, some are, but I'm like some are and some people are reckless with it. You know, that's reckless. I would say reckless is having unprotected sex, not you know, having multiple partners that you're not communicating with that you have multiple partners, right, Uh, maybe ghosting people, like not communicating in that respect of like what your expectations are hurting people emotionally and yeah, just not being safe and kind.
Speaker 4: I think kind is a thing, Like I think that is.
Speaker 2: Like that makes me sad if I think somebody.
Speaker 4: Thinks like that, I think, let's use me.
Speaker 2: I think I'm the only one, and then that's not the case. Like I think, yeah, if you're having honest, consensual sex with someone, but then also the impetus is on you to ask the question, like if you just go home with me and you expect that you're the only one, maybe you need to say, I'm not comfortable doing this with you.
Speaker 4: Who else are you sleeping with?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you need to take.
Speaker 4: Some level of responsibility for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: But I yeah, I'm team if you're single, Like if my friends just get divorced, I'm like fucking get after it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this is your window.
Speaker 3: Right exactly? You know, I mean, I I use my discretion. I feel like and I have since coming out because this community is so small, Like, I don't like that aspect of people like talking.
Speaker 4: Is that why you date out of town?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know I got to keep quiet to keep you gotta keep them quiet. Oh god, what's your number? Pre divorced?
Speaker 3: No, we're not pre divorce like with men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to say.
Speaker 4: It's funny that you have no problem saying that.
Speaker 1: It's like it doesn't even know.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a long time ago too. I mean I can't quite remember. I want to say between eighteen to twenty.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's more than You're not supposed to react that way.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you just shamed me. No, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I meant I was proud of you.
Speaker 1: That was like, damn girl.
Speaker 2: You know you can say things, you know, the other thing on Instagram where you can say something four different ways. You can say it like disappointed, where I'd be like, oh damn yeah, or you can say it like excited for your friend, like.
Speaker 3: Damn, okay, okay, okay, like damn, So what was what's yours?
Speaker 4: Mine is like eleven eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good wholesome number.
Speaker 2: I thought so, but you know the difference between you and I is that I knew I was gay, So I didn't even want these.
Speaker 4: The eleven that got laid, I didn't even want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like thinking back on that, like how did that happen? Especially since I went to a college that didn't have a lot of guys. I didn't really date that much in college. Yeah, it's more so moving down to Florida. Okay, there.
Speaker 4: Seems like a fuck state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, people are crazy there. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: I feel that in Florida.
Speaker 2: The minute I cross over into Florida, I'm like, oh, yeah, they went down.
Speaker 3: Here, a Navy base, a Coast Guard base, air Force base down there, like it was there was a lot.
Speaker 2: What I mean, Taylor Swift has the song about Florida. It's like, shit goes down there massively.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my number is eleven. Okay, around eleven yeah, give or take. I mean what counts anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's just it too. It's like, okay, was it one time? Does that count?
Speaker 2: And it's like now that we have a new definition when it comes to women, Yeah, it's like, well, god, I've been having sex since the sixth grade. I met your numbers really high if we're counting that, if we're counting like some of the stuff that they say women, it's considered sex with women. Yeah, then it's like, well, god, I mean I don't know that then, right, that's that's definitely in the twenties.
Speaker 3: Definitely okay, But but I.
Speaker 2: Don't think like with men. To me, it has to be the thing. Yeah, but that's because I'm narrow minded, I guess.
Speaker 3: So wait, okay, then you've you've definitely stuff with more women than I have for women. I don't know about that because I think I like maybe seven.
Speaker 4: I think, okay, we'll let that hang out there.
Speaker 2: I gotta think, yeah, I would have to think I'm going to say less than that.
Speaker 3: Do you know whatever you just said eleven No, I said eleven men?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh wait but when eleven men?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: You said close to twenty?
Speaker 1: Is when?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Not okay, let me let me be clear.
Speaker 2: No, what I said is, you know, we had the conversation about what women and the definition became very obscure.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh, if you just.
Speaker 4: Have intimacy with a woman and and you.
Speaker 3: Do this and then you get the breaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like there is no clear definition with women.
Speaker 4: So I said, if that, then my number is less. Well I'm taking women out of it.
Speaker 2: I'm saying I've had more sex with men if we're counting all the other bs like third base.
Speaker 1: Third base sex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, third base with a woman.
Speaker 3: Is sex, right, that's very true.
Speaker 4: So how do you know?
Speaker 2: So with men if we're doing the traditional definition eleven with women, if we're letting it just be like anything goes.
Speaker 3: Then you're I don't know, okay, But also can we just like erase the men at this point?
Speaker 2: I know, I know, what's the statute of limitations? Like how long can it go to your like that's not allowed? I mean I've been admissible in course, yeah, I mean right, it's like it's.
Speaker 3: Been eight nine years, yeah, you know yeah, and then prior to that, having hooked up with another man, was is I think at this point like twenty years inadmissible. So yeah, she gets tossed out.
Speaker 2: It never happened, Okay, So basically then I'm on the average side.
Speaker 3: Now we're at four point three.
Speaker 2: Or four point three totally, totally, totally, especially because but that girl was very attractive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like she I'm sure she's obviously got a funny person out.
Speaker 4: She's landing the place she is landing a plan for sure A hundred.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but do you feel like also like with us, like, think about this. We came out later, so we also weren't in our like think about.
Speaker 3: A few We weren't in our prime.
Speaker 4: We weren't in our prime.
Speaker 3: This is another one of those things where I'm like, I'm kind of glad I wasn't gay in my twenties because I probably would have been out in the streets, would hate you, like, dude, you would be everyone would hate me.
Speaker 2: You did go through it like a short window after we came out where I'm like, this girl might end up canceled it.
Speaker 3: You know it's at about but I would have been o noxious in my twenties, Like, no fucking way, Thank god that wasn't the case.
Speaker 4: Somebody was looking out for you, Yes, somebody was looking out for you.
Speaker 3: I think there's a very very good reason why I didn't realize this earlier.
Speaker 2: I know, well, see I knew though. What does that say about me? Like, think about my personality too? Can you believe I held it in?
Speaker 3: I am surprised.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like a shell of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, like that's just it. And I was just talking about this earlier today, thinking about like the moment that I connected the dots and was like, I'm fucking gay. I couldn't keep it in. Yeah, but I know that twenty years ago I would have had to keep it in and it would have ruined me.
Speaker 2: I think what kept me in the game was I wanted babies so badly. I grew up in a house that was like it doesn't even matter, Like I wasn't going to come out like there are no gay people.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have babies. I'm gonna be with.
Speaker 2: Chris, and I liked that choice. I never thought even ten years in, I shouldn't have done this. I was like, just can we have another baby and I'll stay in the game longer.
Speaker 3: I know. I think there's like certain things like with coming out later that you kind of grieve that you're like, wow, I didn't get to experience that. Yeah, you know, wish I could have known earlier and done these things and you know, had my ha fase and my face.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then I think, and I'm like, look at all the great things that I have today that I wouldn't have totally, you know, the kids specifically. So I'm like, just right where we're supposed to be.
Speaker 4: We're right where we're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: And some people say that, like your sexual prime as a woman is really now.
Speaker 3: Right now in your forties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure I would be considered on the slight starting to decline.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which is my birthday, so every year.
Speaker 2: That goes by, But I would say my sex life has gotten so much better even in the period that I've been gay, Like every year it gets a little better, Yeah, because I'm like just more comfortable or comfortable. Yeah, yeah, sure, So I think that's I don't know, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think that's just it. It's like we've been taught our whole lives that sex is going to diminish as you get older. Yeah, but we're also listening to the straight women they're fucking sick of the men at that point. Yeah, i'd be tired too. I'd be like, yeah, a headache.
Speaker 4: I know, I've had a headache.
Speaker 3: So but now I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 4: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's such a good point, Like and it's so patriarchal to be like it stays good for men, but.
Speaker 1: Not for you.
Speaker 2: Right, you can't have babies anymore, so sex isn't good anymore. And like the anatomy of a woman is the same as a man. I don't know if you know this, but like you're this is like way too much information.
Speaker 4: I hate this word. But your clip is like a mic it's a tiny penis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's like.
Speaker 4: The nerve endings are the same, it's just small inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like, why would it be any different for you? I think it's different because of the brain part that we've been so conditioned to not allow pleasure.
Speaker 3: And the hormonal changes that happen during perimenopod that have gone overlooked for years and years and years, and so women's bodies are shutting down in that way and it's not being addressed. It's just by oh, well, yeah, but so's their dick, you're old and yeah, but then we have viagra.
Speaker 2: But it's just like I have friends all the time. I have a woman right now who I was. She was on vacation with her husband in this beautiful place and she literally was like, he couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: We have We're gonna try again. Tomorrow, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Dude, there is no try again tomorrow, try again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You just fucking lost the game right before, right.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, lesbians, no, we're not doing that right like we're landing the plane. We're landing the plane. And now he's probably I don't know, like no wonder and.
Speaker 3: Then how does he feel about that? Like that sounds like sad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would start to think though, like the men I know are so eager to do it all the fucking time that it's like I would start thinking as he cheated, like what's happening with you that you.
Speaker 3: Can't they're going through. They're going through the same thing and mental and all that shit.
Speaker 4: They don't have the stigma for some reason, nobody is not at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it all gets put on the women, right, so it must be her fault.
Speaker 4: Well do you notice too that?
Speaker 2: Like and maybe I have to believe this because I'm getting older, but like, there it is like a thing about older women. I feel like we're coming into a phase where people really do though, at least in the lesbian world, older women are beautiful. Yeah, It's almost like when I think about what I'm attracted to it's not a twenty five year old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ever, get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're great for each other, right.
Speaker 2: I have no feelings about that, and so I think that's interesting.
Speaker 4: M hm, Like it's like you get hotter.
Speaker 1: And it is.
Speaker 3: You know, there are a lot of younger lesbians that are attracted to older women, and it is because they are mature and confident. Yeah, they know who they are. Yeah. I think that is very attractive when someone's super confident in themselves totally, like, and that only comes across at a certain age.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, Sure, there's people in their twenties and thirties that have that confidence totally, but it's kind of rare, and it's like.
Speaker 2: The experience, Like there's something beautiful to me about someone who's like been through some battles and like, right, if you can weather some storms without losing your shit because you're a baby who's never had to do anything yet, like you're you're kind of hot to me, Like if you're just like you can let it roll off because it's like, dude, life's too short to worry about this thing because you've had stuff happen. Another thing that Nicki said the other day is she's like, there's such a thing where like people you don't have a baby, so your body is like not me, but like people who haven't had babies do they don't have all the things that like we've had to our bodies. But she made the comment that she's like, because I know what it is to have a baby, Like, I'm so attracted to a body that's had a baby, Like I see the beauty in boobs that have nursed or like a scar from a c section or you know, whatever the thing is.
Speaker 4: So I think it's like.
Speaker 2: Also, you don't have to be this perfect body either, ye, Like women can be all different things.
Speaker 3: And that's really interesting too, like something that I, you know, earlier when I had thought about like, Okay, if I was ever with a woman, like I would feel really judged about my body, But then after coming out, I'm like, there's zero I don't feel that at all. Yeah, you know, and like what Nikki's saying, it's it's like mad respect.
Speaker 4: It's mad respect for people, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Even people who haven't had babies that just have been through a lot of like painful body you know, issues, you don't vibroids, you know all that shit. It's like having to have procedures done, having the scars from it, like it sucks, and like it's resilience, right, you know.
Speaker 2: I find myself all the time too, like the older I get, and maybe because I have a daughter, and I like all women in some way are beautiful to me, like I can see beauty in them.
Speaker 1: It does not really.
Speaker 2: There's classic beauties and then there's like you get you talk to someone for five minutes and you're like, you are fucking gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 2: And so I think, like that's interesting too with women mm hmm. And maybe because I'm gay, but like I don't think that about men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more so like the men are standing up for women.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really It's attractive, very attractive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We were laughing last night because Mandy said something about like she was never tempted. I forget what the conversation was, but we were like, dude, you've been gay since you were twenty more, she weren't tempted.
Speaker 1: You've said that. I have no badge of honor.
Speaker 4: I never cheated on I never cheated on my husband.
Speaker 3: I had a very very attractive man trying to hit on me one night and I was like, no, dude, get out here, get out of here. I'm happily married, happily married, Like no, go away, go away, so easy.
Speaker 1: So easy, so easy.
Speaker 3: Right? Oh man, Well, so tonight's the night we are going to be celebrating Alley.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be smoking a lot of pretzels tonight.
Speaker 3: I got your whole big pack.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what made did Robin tell you that to get this?
Speaker 1: Or no you are?
Speaker 2: And I got okay because she lit earlier today. I'm like, I want you to have pretzels tonight, and she just started laughing, and then you like, show up with pretzels. I told you that someone thought that picture the video that we made the TikTok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that you had an actual cigarette.
Speaker 4: Somebody thought I had an actual cigarette. No, I don't smoke, guys. Let's remind everyone.
Speaker 3: Again exactly only that cigar that one time.
Speaker 4: I know that one time, that one time, that one.
Speaker 3: That's really the only time I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: So maybe I'll bring the bubble cigarettes out tonight. Should I told you the issue is they're heavy.
Speaker 3: Well and you have to blow out, and I feel like that's hard like it's not as I don't know, yah, maybe inhale, but then you suck in bubbles right.
Speaker 4: No shade on smoking.
Speaker 2: But I did the Home Bar a few maybe a month or two ago. I walked out on that back patio and like the smokers a back patio. There's a back patio at Home Bar, and let me tell you something. You don't want to go back there now.
Speaker 4: You don't want to go for the bad where the bad kids hang out.
Speaker 2: I walked out there and I thought, what it was this breakfast club. They literally looked like the I literally looked there. Nikki was like talking to a friend out there who was back there with the bad kids, and I said, she can't be out here, guys, she's got her bring her And they were out there just puffing away second on cigarettes like my lighting each other.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is really bad. Guys.
Speaker 3: I get like if someone comes up to me and asks me for a light, I'm like, you do it?
Speaker 1: Look like?
Speaker 3: I say, I have a lighter. Yeah, only lighters that I have her for candles, swy candles, thank you very much. Like, don't sit here, don't accuse me of vaping in the bag of your fucking uber God.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was so offensive to my friend. It was, yeah, would you rather be accused of vaping or smoking?
Speaker 3: Oh? Either, they're both just as bad. To me, yes, they're both bad.
Speaker 2: But I sort of feel like vaping is worse because you think you're doing something better. So you're now just not only are you a smoker, but you're kind of an idiot.
Speaker 4: So now you're like not like it.
Speaker 2: Like to me, it's like they're they're both probably the same term for you.
Speaker 3: I feel like vaping might actually be worse.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's like you, but I think people who vape like somehow think this is like more palatable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it is more palatable to be around, that's for sure. Like I'd rather be around someone vaping versus smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 4: But you're still like so damaging your body.
Speaker 3: But that's just it. It's like it hasn't been thoroughly studied yet, right, things that the health impacts that people have had from vaping, they're happening a lot faster than cigarettes. Do you know cigarettes can take a long time, right, Vaping there's like teenagers that are having to get like double lung transplants and shit like it's it's it's a chemical.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's interesting too is like my I have a friend with kids at one of the southern like SEC schools, and she said, all the kids there vape, Like it's very common to vape. All vaping at NYU where take goes. She's like, nobody vapes.
Speaker 3: They smoke.
Speaker 4: They do smoke. Yeah, noticed that smoke a lot of pot, but they do not vaite.
Speaker 3: In New York City. Like every time I go there, I'm like, damn, there's a lot of people here that smoke cigarette. Yeah, totally totally, But I mean I know that, Like it's one of those things too. When you're young, you're like, oh, it's not it's not gonna hurt me, you know, you get addicted and yeah, and then you can't put it down.
Speaker 2: You can't put it down, and you're like on the Then you find yourself on the back patio of home bar right sucking a cigarette as hard as you can. They're like bent, They're sitting on like a milk carts and like just passing cigarettes. I'm like, get her out of here. I'm like, y'all, can you're better than this? Niki better than this, Nikki, And if you need to talk to her, wait till she comes inside. This is this weirdo world. I literally said, this is weirdo world out here.
Speaker 3: You know they all talk about you know.
Speaker 2: The minute I walked inside that entire there, like she is such a.
Speaker 1: Who invited their mom?
Speaker 4: Like, geez, Nikki, your mom's coming.
Speaker 2: I think, Like when I couldn't find her again, I like peeked out the door.
Speaker 3: You better, you guys better these.
Speaker 4: Cigarettes out No, I better be drinking out here.
Speaker 2: It was so bad, so bad they I'm sure her friend is like, your girlfriend's a fucking bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah I am.
Speaker 4: I am kind of a bitch sometimes.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I don't the milk curtons in this There's no chairs out there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it was a hot and there's like six people just like huddled around.
Speaker 4: It was not good. You want it, you gotta really want it, You gotta really want it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all right, well, I better get ready for the shindig for your birthday.
Speaker 4: I know, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't like a lot of attention. There's some weird thing happening now.
Speaker 1: I saw some.
Speaker 4: Whispering last night that made me a little nervous.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, I do have one question. Okay, do you want us to sing Happy birthday?
Speaker 2: I don't mind happy birthday, but don't make me do anything embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got you, got me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, totally because I did notice some murmurings. Okay, all right, my friends, I bet our shower.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, right, goodbye.
Speaker 3: I want to support the Lesbian Chronicles podcast. Rate us and write a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Speaker 4: We'd love listener feedback.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to share your story, email us at Melissa and Ali at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: That's Melissa M. E. L I s A and Ali A L. L I at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Or follow us on Instagram at Lesbian Chronicles